~* The Perfect Illusion by mander25
Summary: This story is about a girl who has lived in denial for so long, she has lost her way and is trying to get back to the person she used to be. Stuck in a loveless marriage, and a 9-5 job she can't stand it anymore so she goes back to her roots her first love helping people. Maybe the people she helps will help her find love.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3329 Read: 3004 Published: 02/02/10 Updated: 02/13/10

1. Chapter 1 by mander25

2. Chapter 2 by mander25

3. Chapter 3 by mander25

Chapter 1 by mander25
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone, Just so you know I used to write fanfic on here i had a story called beneath the exterior but due to life complications I stopped but im back.

I have been gone so long i forgot all my info so, here I am! Get ready for a great story
love you all
xoxoxooxxo
~*Mander*
It was 6:00 am, just like any other day it was awful. Have you ever wanted so much to be someone else if only for a moment keira crawled out of bed and looked in the mirror she had the perfect life, perfect family, perfect everything or so you thought. if you were looking in you would think she has it all but if you really were to look close you could see all the in-perfections.

She crawled out of bed and her Husband was no wheres to be seen, he normally rolls into bed around 4 am just as the night is starting to get that beautiful morning glow. hes normally very well at hiding his cheating ways although today he must have over slept. she laughed silently to her self there was never anyone around to talk too.

she put on her dark green bathrobe and slipped on her slippers and made her way downstairs, to start her routine make her husband breakfast. and started her pot of coffee, and read threw the news paper all the politics bull shit, and all the headlines of people getting married.

"What a joke she thought to herself" and shook her head, why do people think that getting married solves anything they are all stupid everything just goes down hill.

"Ahh look what the cat dragged in" Keria scowled at her husband "another late night I see, work hard did you get your presentation done sweetheart?" her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Brent, seriously why do we have to live this lie, im sick and tired of it" She sipped her coffee and swung the slipper on the end of her toes waiting un-patiently for an answer."

"Keria darling we have an image to keep, you know that" he said while taking another bite of his eggs.

"No, we dont have an image to keep you have an image to keep" Keria said pointing between them, then stopping at him.

"Brent im not happy were not happy you fuck everything that is female with 2 legs." Keria shook her head exhasperated.

"Look you know this im really close to closing this deal, and you know how my father gets he will disown me if I dont make this deal"

"Yea so another murderer can walk the street I want out Brent." Keria sighed

"Im not happy, you used to love me. Then somehow making money was everything to you and somehow I became not enough for you, not pretty enough, not smart enough. Yet at every fucking event I have to be on your arm, i'm a good enough trophy wife for the press. but not for you. Quite frankly it makes me sick and you are so un-appalling you make me vomit." Keria dumped out the rest of her coffee.

"Look my father will cut us off and its not just my reputation its yours too, people look at you a certain way keria your an icon in society as well. You are a couple therapist for the fucking elite clients out their what would it look like if you were to be going through a divorce."

"Dont put this back on me i want out Brent, I can't take this im 29 years old this is crazy i want the best for myself and I never wanted to be a couples therapist i wanted to help kids that needed it and let them live their dreams, one last wish, even if its a dying wish. I became a couples therapist to analyze our life and see if really its bad and you know what were more fucked up than anyone I have ever seen you give me the divorce. or im taking alternative measures. You got that."

"Just because you fucked up and lost tons of money for your fathers company, and got bad press thats not my fault."

Keria screamed at him and got up in his face " as soon as she said that she knew she went to far as she self her cheek sting"

keria turned on her heels " I want a fucking divorce" she turned around to face him you have hit me for the last time you have made me feel guilty for the last time. your done sucking me in to you and your familys pit of lies I want nothing from you I dont want your money, I dont want your car. I can do this on my own and I will do this on my own."

That was the last straw she threw her ring at him....

"What about my grandfather Keria, are you really going to do this to him, are you really going to end his career because you know if i dont make this deal. He loses everything. everything hes done for you, for us are you really going to be a selfish little bitch and ruin him everything he worked for."

"you and your father are awful people can't stand behind you anymore, and pretend this is okay you let murderers roam the streets. your grandfather would be roll over on his grave if he watched you." keria cried

"Brent I can't do this, i wont fucking do this anymore. If i stay like this i will kill myself, then how will that make you look.

"look Kiera one more event then i promise ill sign the papers."

Keria looked into his dark brown eyes to any other girl he was the top dog, great looking, sweet charming guy really he was the walking version of the devil. she still loved him somehow, some how she knew the guy she fell in love with was in their she couldn't wait around for him anymore. hes to far in.


please leave feedback...let me know what you think
Chapter 2 by mander25
Author's Notes:
Hey please let me know what you think.. if I should continue or not.
as promised its Thursday Night, you know what that means its update night.

[u]Chapter 2[/u]

It was 5:00 and Keria was already desperately late instead of being fashionably late she wanted to make Brent Sweat. The matter of fact is Brent needs Keira to float which is why he has blackmailed her and showered her with gifts it wasn't until they were sleeping in seperate beds in seperate parts of the house that she didn't see his true colors it wasn't until then that she realized he was cheating on her for years, and somehow she knew but was never willing to admit it.

She wasn't one to just give up without trying, but it came to a point where she didn't want to try anymore, they have been separated for almost a year now, but tonight she is going public after her nice little pep-talk with her loving adoring husband. He made her go to one event but half a bottle of wine later and some sexy high cut boots, and a vey short skirt. She was dressed to impress if he really wanted this one last event, he was definitely going to get some press he wanted arm candy well hes going to have his arm candy, and shes going to get hers.

it was now 5:35 and Keria was already 1 hour, and 35 mins late she was never late, if anything she was always early their by his side, being a supporter of his causes and marketing his family buisness. He sat there and pretended to be interested in the next person that wants to save the world one dolphin at a time. Keria was always the one that gave her comments and feedback and wrote the cheque out. That I later claimed on my taxes, now shes late and I actually have to endure this, I have a sexy red head waiting for me on my yacht. I really dont have time for this! Brent thought to himself his actions showing a completely different side with the occasional eye roll and sigh and many glances to his blackberry watching the time.

Meanwhile Keira's head was spinning, while she watched all the abnormally bright lights fly by, and top of the line vehicles speed by. She has been to this counrty club many times, but she couldn't focus long eneough to see the street.

"Stop here pleeease" she slurred her words.

Keria handed the cab driver his money and he sped off leaving Keria to her demises. Keria stumbled in. although no one noticed that as all head turned her way. Keria was normally very Business Chic. Always looked nice but somehow lets say slutty or urban chic. Wasn't the look of the Wayword Calfornia country club..She could hear all the wives whispers a few of the drunk ones faintly whistled. Thats when she saw him her enemy, from across the room! Luckily she saw a very friendly face, or lets say faces.

"Leigh, how are you?" Keria stumbled over and gave her a big hug.

Leigh, smiled towards her "not as good as you. how much did you drink hun?" Leigh whispered quietly as to not disrupt the auction that was going on.

"Umm, well about a bottle and half of wine at my last count, but the cab driver offered me some wine, to take the edge off and well I dont know. I do know that cab driver deserved a big tip, but I wouldnt take home the Yellow cab #88. He should be off the road, he drank just as much as me." Keira Rambled on and slurred her words and laughed and smacked her gum.

"Shhh, Keira" Leigh put a finger to her lips as she noticed more people were watching. "Leigh whispered we will talk later hun, Brian and I want to introduce you to some friends.


Keria sat their and listened to the meeting "She really did enjoy hearing about the community getting together and helping the less fortunate. This was a auction for the make a wish foundation. She knew Brent was always tight with his pocket book, he always donated 1, 656.00 for every event. Mind you they go to an event like this twice a month none the less. Mr. Brent wasn't going to be so tight, seeing as he has a wife that can make some very important business decisions.

Keira felt herself becoming increasingly nauseated and quickly excused herself and only made it to the outside trash can.
She fell down the wall and leaned her head on the garbage cans.

She then saw feet in very nice polished shoes and a hand stretching out for her to get out " Are you okay, Keria is it?"

keira nodded " God, I really hope so, now I know why I dont drink, before supper." keria took his hand " I wouldn't get to close to me, I need to find a stick of gum or a toothbrush.

The stranger smiled "Ahh, ill take my chances" There was a bit of awkward silence

"Soo, your friends with Brian and Leighanne huh?" Nick took a minute to look at her although her make up was smeared and her face was red and blotchy she was beautiful.

"Yea, did she send you here to rescue me?" Keria laughed. At all the events they always seemed to meet they were friends but they where never really lets go to the mall and hang out friends. Infact Keria didn't really have friends she wasn't allowed to have friends, unless they were from the same society and believed in the same morals as Brent and and his cult of Mignions.

"No" Keria looked at him instantly and pointed "dont lie to me."

keria walked side by side keeping in step with each other, Keria standing a few inches beneath him. "Okay, yea she did so what causes you to start drinking at ohhh 4 in the afternoon.

Keria sighed and pointed all around her, you know this is information I only tell people whose names I know" Keria flirted a little. Damn and did it feel good maybe, just maybe was this stranger checking her out or. Was it an illusion but it was the perfect illusion just what she needed to complete operation humiliate Brent.


Please let me know what you think whether or not I should continue...
lots of love,
oxoxoxo
~*mander*
Chapter 3 by mander25
Author's Notes:
~* sorry so long, I really hope you like it. If you do please reply as I will try to update more often.
Nick chuckled to himself at Keira's last statement. " The name is Nick"

He hated giving out his last name especially if he didn't have too. Nick stuck his hand out for her to shake, she accepted and smiled showing off her dimples and pearly whites.

"Well, its nice to officially meet you. You must be the nick Brian and Leighanne are always going on about."

Keria closed her eyes again she was getting a killer headache, the bright lights in the hallway were not helping any. The lights seemed to be reflecting off the shiny marble floor. It almost looked like you were walking on glass. She even found herself walking lighter on her feet almost tip-toeing as to not fall through and shatter the glass into a million and one pieces.

Nick noticed her expression and shook his head and laughed "you know, you should try being hung over, and dancing your ass off under a bunch of bright lights, and screaming girls.

Keria laughed out loud a little to loud as they were walking past the auction doors. As she noticed all eyes were diverted to them if only just a moment to see what the commotion was.

"So, that's where I know you from Chip and Dales." Keira said a little more quieter using her indoor voice, as Brent would say apparently she was an embarrassment.

Nicks heart jumped for a minute 'does she really not know who I am' if only for a moment he wasn't sure if it bothered him it happened more often than not now, people not recognizing him. As much as it was a very humble experience, It wasn't always that comforting. He found himself wondering more often than not, was his career as a backstreet boy close to over, was this going to be one of their last tours.

The only thing that humbled him was knowing that for once in his life he was in a great place he was getting along with his family, he was no longer into the party scene and he has a girlfriend that he loves very much. As people and Brothers the backstreet boys had a stronger connection than ever.

All of those elements .combined together is the reason he sleeps amazing at night, he used to have anxiety attacks in his sleep nightmares about backstreet boys ending and being alone, just another washed up boy band that will eventually be played in a pop up video years down the road.

Nick was taken away from his day dream with a hand being waved in his face " Nick where did you go?"

He shook his head and said something smart "Yea well if you know me from their I know from Candy-Licks on 6th Avenue."

Keria laughed " Yea, I guess well I have done 2 Shows a night since I was 17 their. " Keria smiled, boy did it feel good to smile for more than a few moments.

" Seriously you go on the road with Brian right, what are you guys are into like stocks or something?

Nick rolled his eyes " Two shows a night, huh? Well seriously Keira its something like that, you seem to Leighanne you really don't know what we do for a living?"

Keria pursed her pouty lips together stopping for a moment taking off he shoes, she really wasn't a stiletto boot type of girl. Especially feeling a little tipsy, her equiliberium was a little off, she pulled nicks hand so he would stop walking so she could lean on him, so she could take her boots off. So she would finally be able to feel her painfully swollen toes.

Nick didn't stop quick enough she lost her balance and fell to her knees, with keria holding onto his pants in a area, well i think you get the picture.

"Uhh, im so sorry nick, see i'm such a klutz. This is why I don't get drunk in public." Keria laughed as nick extended his hand for her to get up for the 2nd time in a very brief meeting."

"Don't worry about it, its fine im sure if the press got wind of it they would have a field day, and Lauren would kill me. Im not worried"

Just then Nick turned his head to look the other way, just in case some media was here filming, or local news papers were around they loved to be at charity events.

"Keria, what the hell are you doing are you deliberately trying to ruin me. Showing up here drunk, flirting the 'Cute' Backstreet boy. You show up here drunk and you look like you should be standing on the corner begging for drugs and someone to fuck you."

Keria glared " You, jackass I fell and Nick here helped me up it was purely innocent and as for my attire. I just want a divorce and im drunk because you make me feel so god damn miserable. And you make me feel like a prisoner, in my own body, in my own home. I want out and you fucking threaten me you wanted one last event Brent and your going to get your fucking event." Keria shook and turned red, looking like someone close to having an anxiety attack.

"Do you not care about anyone but yourself Keria, this is our money."

"No Brent I already told you I would rather live in a cardboard box than live with you, so do you still need me, or am I an embarrassment."

Keira glared and by now was standing up and in his face. " No Keria, You are always an embarrassment but the public loves you, and I together. So we have to make them happy."

Keria shook her head " If im such a embarrassment, than why do you need me set me free." Keria screamed through clenched teeth.

"Because I will bring you down with me their are things you know about, that if they got out would ruin you and your family you love so much."

Keria slid down the wall and put her head in her hands " Brent, you wouldn't?"

"I would so were not done until it can be explained properly." Brent turned on his heels.

"So get yourself composed and stop crying. Make yourself beautiful and come and dazzle, precious."

That was that, Brent the storm was gone.

Keira sniffed "you wanted to know why I Drink...You are a stranger, that knows the most about me and my life."

"Im so sorry Keria I wanted to say something" nick slid down the wall with her "You know if you need a friend im here right, or you need a place to stay.

"Nick, I hardly know you. I am a big girl i'm fine besides I do really well living a lie." Keria stood up and pulled her skirt down a little. I thought if I was the image that would ruin him, he would set me free Keria shook her head and limped away.

Keira sighed "Nick it was very nice meeting you, but the show must go on." keria winked.

Nick got up and jogged after her " Its going to kill you living a lie you know. It can really break you down."

Keria smiled " Thank you for caring, but you can't break whats already broken."

With that Keria vanished like ghost and nick saw her periodically through the night. He heard the whispers of people as they talked badly about her attire, he watched her from across the room. He wanted to help her but didn't know how, Somehow he was going to try.
End Notes:
please read and review
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10007