Reminiscing by summer03
Summary: What happens when the boys hangout for a day? My response to the Fricktrains March challenge.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Dramedy, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 786 Read: 875 Published: 03/04/10 Updated: 03/04/10

1. Chapter 1 by summer03

Chapter 1 by summer03
[Flash back]

AJ looked at his phone and saw Nick’s name pop on the caller ID. He shrugged in curiosity when he looked around and couldn’t spot Nick anywhere. “Nick?” he said into the receiver. “Why in gods name are you calling me? Aren’t we in the same place?”

“Thank god you answered J…I need your help.” Nick whispered into the receiver.

“What why?” AJ asked curiously as he looked around trying to spot his blonde friend. “What did you do Nick and where are you?”

“I’m in a closet…” Nick said in a very hush tone.

AJ began to laugh, “Ok well dude just turn the knob and get out.” He was about hang up when he heard Nick call his name.

“No you don’t understand,” Nick sighed and again began to talk in whispers. “I sort of left with this nice looking girl and you know. We went to her place and it turns out she’s engaged! Her fiancé came back early from Iraq and well I ran naked into her closet as she stalled him. Now they are both in the living room and I don’t know how to get out!”

“Holy shit!” AJ laughed and then began to walk out the crowded club. “You’re in some deep shit… Uhm I think I am going to need back up. I have to tell Howie and Brian.”

“Just get over here… I can’t even find my shirt. I need a way out.”

[End of Flash back]

“Wow that is too hilarious,” Leigh laughed as Howie and the other guys explained Nick’s most embarrassing moment.

“Yeah… Tell me about it.” Nick said turning shades of red. “Welcome to my world. Always fucking up…”

“Tell me something I didn’t know…” Brian said laughing and then he smacked Nick on his head. “That’s a mistake you only make once. Got that Nick.”

“Oh that has to hurt…” AJ said as he saw Nick rub his head.

“But whose idea was it to pull the fire alarm for the apartment complex?” Leigh asked amused by this story and how she hadn't’ heard about this before.

AJ pointed to her husband, “It’s always the quiet one,” he nudged Howie. “He maybe not talk much but he has a genius mind.”

“Wait we didn’t tell you we swore not to ever tell Kevin about this ordeal.” Brian said now just as amused about picking on the youngest member of the group.

“Tell me what?” Kevin said walking into the backyard where the cookout was taking place.

“I bet we can tell him now it’s not like he can kill you now, he’s not even in the group anymore.” AJ said smirking at the face of terror Nick now had.

“No we can’t” Nick said looking at AJ with anger.

“Oh why not it’s a good story to laugh at.” Brian said joining AJ’s side.

“Just be a man Nick no worries.” Howie said and then turned to tell Kevin the whole story.

A few minutes later Nick was still getting lectured by Kevin. “I hasn’t happened again… trust me I learned my lesson.”

Kevin only laughed and then looked at AJ… “Hey talking about stupidities remember when AJ…”

“NO… don’t put me in this!” AJ said knowing well what they were going to talk about. “Enough let’s just enjoy this cookout like the old times.

“No, no you all made fun of me so yes lets talk about AJ’s most humiliating story.” Nick grinned.

“Ooh yes let’s hear this,” Leigh said as she brought out the hamburger buns.

“For the record, I blame you for this!” AJ said pointing at Howie.

“What why me?” he asked innocently.

“You started this whole conversation…we should talk about when you fell on stage remember that?” AJ said defensively.

“Someone is a little touchy,” Brian said laughing.

“See what I mean it’s always the quiet one that stirs things up,” AJ said rolling his eyes as he heard everyone talk about his embarrassing moment. He could help but laugh though, he was fun. This was his family and who better to reminisce with? It was always good to feel like the good old days. “Brian’s next I remember a pretty funny one involving his now wife,” AJ said grinning devilishly at Brian.

“Oh crap I forgot about that one!” Brian said turning red.

“Forgot what?” Leighanne asked as she came out of the house with Baylee in hand.

Everyone laughed realizing that this was going to be one long cookout with very interesting stories. Backstreet stories…
End Notes:
OK so here is mine... let me know what you think. I might write another one a little longer who knows. :)
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10041