Shattered Hearts Reunited Souls by Howies Girl
Summary:

Elizabeth and Howie found their love through friendship. She was there from the begining and was very supportive of his work. One day Elizabeth Mysteriously dissappears with only an explaniation that she would "hold howie back". What happens when Howie finds her seven years later? What more can his broken heart endure.  


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Howie
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 15352 Read: 17327 Published: 06/19/10 Updated: 11/15/12
Story Notes:

This story will by pass all of Alex's alcohol issues. Meaning they don't happen. I know Howie is with Leigh, i have nothing against her.So, for the sake of this story they have never met. The reason for that is because, i don't want people to think i hate her so i will leave her out of this story.

1. Prolouge by Howies Girl

2. Chapter 1 by Howies Girl

3. Chapter 2 by Howies Girl

4. Chapter 3 by Howies Girl

5. Chapter 4 by Howies Girl

6. Chapter 5 by Howies Girl

7. Chapter 6 by Howies Girl

8. Chapter 7 by Howies Girl

9. Chapter 8 by Howies Girl

10. Chapter 9 by Howies Girl

11. Chapter 10 by Howies Girl

12. Chapter 11 by Howies Girl

Prolouge by Howies Girl
Prologue



June 1995

The sun was shining brightly through the curtains of a room on the top floor of the hotel they found in London. The figure on the bed began to stir. Howard Dorough was beginning to wake up. Giving a sigh he reached over only to be surprised that his girlfriend was not next to him. Rubbing his eyes he sat up and looked at her now empty pillow only to find a note.

Howie
We have been together for four years. You have given me a feeling of love that I know no one will ever give. I am so sorry for not having the courage to say this to your face but I think it’s time we see other people. You have big dreams and I am only going to be standing in your way. Just know that you will always have my heart.
Love
Elizabeth.

With a look of confusion Howie read the letter over and over. His brow crinkled with both anger and sadness as he got dressed quickly and ran out his hotel room door. He had no clue what he was doing all he could think about was getting her back and into his arms again. What confused him more was the wording in her letter. He felt, in his opinion that he was the one holding her back not the other way around. On the contrary, he felt that she lifted him up to places he’s never felt before. Not knowing who else to turn to he ran to the only person he knew he could talk to.

He tripped over the plush hallway carpet as he came up to the familiar room number and knocked furiously on the door.

“Ashley open up please it’s an emergency!” he said

Alexander James “AJ” Mclean jumped up and looked around the room. He looked down at his girlfriend Ashley and cursed slightly shaking her awake. With no luck he gave a small groan as he put on his discarded Pajama pants and shuffled his feet to the door. He took a deep breath knowing that Howie would not be happy that a seventeen year old was going out with a twenty-two year old.

“Hey D! What a surprise what brings you here this morning?” He asked letting his friend in.
“What are you doing here? And where is Ashley?” Howie asked suspiciously forgetting for a second about his predicament
“Oh I was out late and Ashley let me crash on the couch you know She’s still sleeping, but I can give her a message is everything ok with you and Eli?” he said as he kept his cool
“She left me AJ.” Howie said as he looked down at the red carpet of the hotel room.

Alex gulped slightly. He knew he had to lie to him; he made a promise not to say anything about why Elizabeth left. Especially since Ashley would kick his ass if he told Howie the reason she left.

“I’m sorry many we didn’t hear anything about this, I can help you look for her.” AJ said as he heard the faint nose of Ashley waking up.

Ashley Montenegro sighed when she heard the voice of her best friend since high school and bit her lip. Passing her hands across her face she sighed and got dressed in a pair of slim fit denim and a loose tank top. Quickly brushing her honey colored long hair she walked out into the small living room of the suite. She cursed at herself as she saw Howie hunched over on the couch his head in his hands. Alex looked at her and she gave him a small shrug.

“Howie is everything alright?” she asked playing up her acting abilities.
“I know you know something Ash!” Howie said as he got up and looked at his friend.

Ashley sighed when she say the pain in his eyes. “Damn it.” she whispered as she sat on the couch next to him and put a comforting arm around his shoulders. Taking a deep breath Ashley gave Howie a comforting hug.

“Howie I’m sure whatever the reason Elizabeth left it was for a good reason, I mean you can’t expect her to go on tour with you all the time, and especially since she needs to finish school.” She said.
“But why couldn’t she tell me that herself instead of and I quote “I’m only going to hold you back” that makes no sense Ash!” Howie said as he got up frustrated.

Ashley gave AJ a look that explained that she was going to tell Howie what it was all about. AJ shook his head furiously only to stop and whistle when Howie looked at him strangely.

“Look D I have no idea what has been going on in Elis head but give her time to come around” Ashley said.

Howie sighed and got up off the couch making his way to the door. He looked back to his friends who gave him sad smiles and he disappeared into the hotel hallway.

“I love Eli like a sister; but, that was just wrong” He said as he pulled away from her and walked to the couch.
“I know but it’s her decision to make, her motives are very weird she needs to stop being scared….Besides I have no idea what she is scared of.” She said as she flopped down on the couch next to him.
“I think she’s scared of what he’s going to think of her.” Alex said.

Howie made it back to his room his legs barely able to keep him up from all the emotional stress he has gone through. He stared off into space as soon as his body hit the bed, His mind blank and his heart broken. All he could think about was ending his pain.

Chapter 1 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:

i know not many of you will like it but i love reviews and critiques so please review. I will not put chapter 2 up until i get some feed back i really need to know if i need to improve on my story line or if i'm doing really good.

Chapter 1

          2002           

She closed her eyes as the salty sea air blew on her soft skin. She smiled softly as she felt familiar arms wrap around her waist. Leaning back she took in his scent and felt her heart flutter. The soft white dress she had on flowed around them as if playing with the wind. She could hear her children laughing in the background as she felt soft cool lips on her neck. All of a sudden the warm sunlight began to disappear and the clouds started to turn dark. She felt the arms around her disappear and she looked furiously for the man she loved to come back. Her children approached her and she felt her heart ache at their sad faces.

“Mommy, where did daddy go?” her daughter asked her  

“Yeah Mom, how come dad doesn’t love us?” one of her sons asked.  

She tried to come up with the words to tell them everything would be ok; But, for some reason her voice was lost. It wasn’t until she looked past her children that she saw him. He was standing there banging on an invisible glass that seemed to prevent him from being with her and the kids.  “That would be, because she never told your dad about you and she was being selfish” She heard from behind her. When she turned to see who the voice belonged to she felt herself fall into darkness.   

            Sitting up she awoke with sweat dripping from her brow. Taking deep breaths she brought her knees to her chest and placed her head in her hands. Seven years and she still wasn’t over the fact that she had left him. Giving a soft groan she tossed the covers off of her body and pushed herself off the bed. Putting on her robe she opened the curtains for a second to look at the sandy beach of the Hawaiian shore. She remembered moving to the day she arrived on the Hawaiian shores. Here she gave birth to triplets’ twin boys and their fraternal twin sister. Howard Dwaine Jr, Joshua Raul, and Jocelyn Faye were turning six years old in two weeks and just looking at the triplets made her heart ache for their father Taking in the sun light shining in through the window she closed the curtains in order to get dressed.             

         Marco sighed as he heard the footsteps coming from Eli’s room. He looked at the three chairs filled with the toddlers all happily talking to each other and giggling.

 “What are you guys talking about?” Marco asked as he brought out the last of the breakfast he cooked.

“Nothing” the triplets said all together.             

Marco raised his eyebrows slightly and smiled as he saw Elizabeth walking into the breakfast area and sat down next to Jocelyn and wiped her mouth clean of syrup.

 “I swear you guys get messier and messier everyday” She said as she tickled Jocelyne slightly.             

         Marco smiled as he saw Eli interacting with the kids. Usually, she would get sad about Howie but this year seemed different. Then he remembered that today AJ and Ashley were coming. It didn’t surprise them that they ended up being a couple since AJ and Ashley had the same style and mannerisms. Today was going to be special. She was going to make sure that the next two weeks were special for her kids. As they were cleaning up the breakfast table and putting the dishes in the sink for washing the Doorbell rang.  

“I’ll get it” The Triplets screamed at the same time as the dashed to the door.

“Hey no fair, that’s cheating Joshy!” She heard her daughter yell.

“Don’t call me JOSHY!” She heard her son say irritated with the nickname his sister came up with.             

         Marco sighed as he walked past the small wrestling match that was know going on and answered the door. He cleared his throat once he saw AJ and Ashley in a tongue wrestling match. AJ and Ashley pulled apart and looked sheepishly at Marco.

 “Sorry Marco, How are you man?” AJ said as he hugged Marco and walked in.

“I’ve been good, dating around town not to many closet boys out in the open” He said as he hugged Ashley.             

     They were interrupted by the triplets tackling AJ to the ground and giggling.

 “Uncle Alex, did you bring us presents?” Jocelyne said sweetly as she batted her eyelashes.

“I don’t know you’ll have to ask your Aunt Ashley” he said as he pulled the kids off of him and got up.             

         He looked around nervously and walked to the kitchen. It was amazing how he kept the secret from Ashley. He only hoped that tomorrow’s beach excursion was not foiled in anyway. He sighed as he looked at the baby pictures decorating the living area and marveled at how the kids looked like both their mother and father. He only hoped that Elizabeth wouldn’t blow her top if she found out what happened.

 “Hey Alex there you are” Elizabeth said as she patted him on the back.             

           Elizabeth had been the only one who refused to call him AJ and he liked that about her. He knew that Ashley loved him because she would only call him Alex when they were alone and intimate, but around their friends she was happy to call him AJ. AJ looked to Elizabeth and could tell right away that she was masking her true feelings behind her eyes.  

“Hey, yeah I was just taking in the scenery, you know all the touring and I can now finally take a deep breath” He said and hugged her tightly.

“I know, I let the kids watch you guys, and well they love seeing you guys perform” She said and he knew where she was going.

“He misses you” He simply said.

“I know, I can tell when he sings. You know full well why I did this though, if I hadn’t you guys wouldn’t have made it big” She said and looked away.

 

         That caught him as strange since she never looked away when she would talk to him. It was this that told him that there was more to her just picking up and walking away and he was going to find out the real reason why. Giving her a smile he looked to the kids who were enjoying the company of their Aunt Ashley and Uncle Marco’s stories.

 “I’m going to step outside for a minute I’m going to call my mom and let her know we got here safely” he said as he stepped out into the back porch.             

      Taking a deep breath he took out his cell phone and dialed the familiar number.  

“Hey, we made it ok. We are going to be at the beach tomorrow near her house” He simply said and listened to what the voice on the other end had to say “Yeah dude just make sure you don’t make a scene” he said and hung up the phone.

“Who was that you were talking to?”  He heard the voice from behind him making him jump. “Oh that was no one just letting my mom know that we made it Marco” He said simply and walked back inside.              

          That night Marco kept a close eye on AJ as they ate dinner. He could tell that he was anxious about something and he was going to find out what. After dinner they all retreated to the living room where they watched Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone. AJ sat next to Ashley with his arm around her shoulders, Marco sat in his favorite chair and Elizabeth sat on the couch next to Ashley with Joshua and Jocelyn on either side of her and Jr, was sitting on the floor his head leaning against her shins. It wasn’t long before the credits were rolling and the Kids had fallen asleep. AJ and Marco took it upon themselves to carry the triplets to their beds. AJ made two trips as he carried Jocelyn to her room and came back for Jr as Marco had just finished placing Joshua in his bed. Elizabeth had woken up when she felt the kids being moved and sighed. She thanked both her friends for their help and retired to her room for a well deserved rest. 

Chapter 2 by Howies Girl

Chapter 2

     The next morning Alex awoke to the sound of giggling and bed jumping. He groaned as he got up and tackled the first of the triplets he could grab and tickled the profusely. He gave a small yelp as he was attacked by the other two and it turned into an all out morning tickle war. It wasn’t until he heard the click of a camera that he called for a cease tickle and looked over at the door to see Ashley, Elizabeth, and Marco laughing and holding two types of cameras, a video camera and a photo camera.

“I better not see that video all over the internet” He said warningly and got up off the bed.

“Don’t worry, I promise it will not leave this house” Elizabeth said as she walked out of the room already dressed in her swim suit and a pair of shorts and a loose tank top over it.            

        Alex rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a quick morning shower before putting on his swim trunks and a t-shirt. He looked at the alarm clock on the night stand and sighed as he realized that in two hours the man who should be here would be. He only hoped that they wouldn’t kill him for what will transpire. Shaking the thoughts out of his head he put on his flip flops and joined the group for breakfast before heading out for a nice walk to the beach.             

        Walking down the sidewalk they passed a lot of locals who waved and smiled at the group. Elizabeth waved back asking how their mornings were and wishing them a very good day. As the group got closer to the beach, Marco and Alex stayed behind to talk. 

 “OK what is going on, I know that you were not talking to your mother last night so spill” Marco said as he made sure Eli was out of ear shot.

 “Ok if I tell you promise me you won’t freak out?” He said looking pleadingly at Marco.            

      Taking a deep breath Alex closed in and whispered his secret into Marcos ear. Marco’s eyes grew wide. He could not believe what he was hearing. He looked to Alex and was at a loss for words.  

“I just couldn’t hide it, He caught me talking to you and he heard me mentioning you name and Eli’s so he made me spill” Alex said as he and Marco reached the sandy beach. 

“Oh this is going to be one of those days” He said as he and AJ reached the girls and helped them set up camp.             

        It wasn’t long before the group was in the water splashing around and chasing after the kids. Elizabeth took a deep breath and told the rest of the group she was going to the beach blanket to get some sun. Walking back she began thinking about Howie and what would have happened if she had told him of the three miracles they had created together. Would that be married and happy, sitting together on the beach watching their children grow up? It was a question she asked herself every year. What she didn’t realize was that someone was approaching the beach blanket from behind her. They had recognized the contours of her back and the color of her hair. They could never forget that shape and the hair. Slowly approaching the blanket, the mysterious stranger came to a stop and took a deep breath.

 “Hi Ells” They said softly.       

       Elizabeth froze in fear at the sound of the mysterious voice. A million things ran through her head. She was too scared to turn around and face him. How did her find her? Did he know why she had left him all those years? The questions came at her one after the other and she debated on whether she should look at him or not. Taking a deep breath she stood up slowly and found the courage to face him. Her heart pounded in her chest. The sound of his voice still made her melt. Turning around she marveled at how much he had changed. Seeing it on video did him no justice. His hair long and straight, his skin was still as tan as ever. She felt her breath get caught in her throat. He stood there in a pair of tan Dockers and plain white button down shirt with a pair of leather loafers. It took her a small while before she found her voice and spoke.

 “Hello Howie” she said softly not having the courage to look her in the eye.

“You’ve changed” he said simply as he took a few steps towards her.    

          He marveled at her beauty. Her hair once short now long and flowing down to her back, Her ballerina legs were as slender as ever, and her body as fit as he remembered. He couldn’t help but want to touch her again after seven years of not being able to hold her. It took all of his strength to not rush to her and lift her up in his arms and spin her around; but, he knew he couldn’t.  

“I want an explanation, I need to know why you left me” He said

“I can’t” she whispered

“What do you mean you can’t? You left me high and dry Elizabeth. I deserve an explanation” He said with a slight raise in his voice.      

        Elizabeth winced at the way he raised his voice. She knew he only raised his voice when he was really hurt and angry. Yet, she still needed to keep the secret, it was the only way. She was about to tell him to leave when Jocelyn came up to them and hugged her mother.

 “Mommy who is he?” She said simply looking at her mother and the man who looked like one of Uncle Alex’s Friends.

“Mommy?” Howie said as he raised his eyebrow to Elizabeth.     

         She closed her eyes waiting for the blow to hit him. She knew it would have been a matter of time. She swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat and waited for his realization.

“I’m a father?” He whispered as he looked at her.       

       Elizabeth was in a total state of shock and a simple nod was her only reply. She knew it was a death sentence but she could only hope he would forgive her in time.  

Chapter 3 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:
here is chapter 3 won't be posting anymore till i get some reviews i relly need to know what you guys think.

Chapter 3

            Howie could only look at Elizabeth and feel his heart break even more. She knew, all this times, all these years, she knew he was going to be a father and she kept it from him. He had never felt so betrayed in his entire life; especially, from someone he once considered his best friend. Then he saw them, his so called brother and band mate and the two he considered his best friends too. They were all in on the secret and they kept him in the dark.

“You kept this from me all these years?” He said hoarsely fighting the tears of pain wanting to come out.

“Howie I…”

“No, you have hurt me more than I could ever imagine” He said “And you guys” He continued, “How could I have been stupid enough to consider you my friends” He said as he began to storm off.       

       Elizabeth stood there her mouth opened in sadness slightly as she watched him run away. She knew it was for her fault that he now hated her and she felt the tears well up in her eyes.  Taking a deep breath she looked to Alex, Ashley, and Marco and kneeled down to Jocelyn’s level.  

“Sweetie I need you to stay here with your Aunt and Uncles ok?” she said as he daughter nodded.

“The same goes for you boys stay here and be good” With that she ran off after Howie.         

     Looking around she tried to figure which way he had taken. Giving herself time to think, she decided to try going to the right and following that path. Her flip flops made it hard for her to run so in a quick bolt of insanity she stopped momentarily to take them on a go for a bare foot run. Any chance she got she asked the passerby’s if they saw the man she was looking for; but, she had no luck. She was about to give up hope when she spotted him at a nearby tiki bar. Putting her sandals back on her feet she slowly walked up to him.

  “Howie” She said softly.

“What do you want? Haven’t you broken my heart enough to satisfy you?” He said as he took a big gulp of his drink.

“I didn’t mean to break your heart, I swear. I was so scared of what it would do to your career to your dreams. I was going to tell you, the night I came back from the doctor, but……” She stopped herself and looked away.

“But, what?” Howie said as he slightly started to slur his words. 

“Nothing, you wouldn’t care anyways. If you want to meet your kids…if you have the time to stay for two weeks and get to know them their birthday is coming up” She said softly and handed him a paper she had grabbed to scribble her address on.         

     Without another word she turned and headed back towards the beach. She let the tears fall, tears she thought were gone. It was the most painful day of her life and she didn’t know if it would ever go away. It wasn’t until she noticed Alex walking up to her that she hugged him tight and sobbed. Alex held on to her for support as they walked back to the house where Ashley, Marco and the kids were waiting for her. Alex stopped just before the door and helped her dry her eyes.  

“It’s going to be ok, he’ll come around soon” He said as he gave her one last hug.  

“It’s not going to be ok, he hates me” She said softly as she took one last deep breath and faced the door.      

        Opening the door Elizabeth walked in only to be talked by her kids. Giving a small sigh hugged them tightly and walked towards the couch to sit down. Marco had taken the liberty of setting a glass of water on the coffee table for Elizabeth.

“Thanks” she whispered.      

        Taking a small sip she placed the glass on the table and placed a hand over her eyes. She smiled when she looked at her children. She could feel the tears start to blur her vision as she looked at their faces. They even reminded her of him, and it broke her heart even more that she would have to tell them that their father is in town.

 “Mommy, are you ok?” She heard Howie Jr ask her.

“I’m fine baby, why don’t you guys watch TV while I talk to your Aunt and Uncles ok?” She said as she got off the couch and joined the adults on the terrace.      

       Reaching the terrace she walked to the empty chair next to Marco and sat down. She stayed silently watching the waves crashing on the shore as the sun began to set. She could feel the other three just staring at her, wondering what she was thinking about. It was a few more minutes of silence and she finally found the courage to speak.  

“I gave him the address to the house and told him the kid’s birthday would be in two weeks” she said softly.

“Eli, Hun, I know you still love him, but you really should tell him about…..”

“No! I will not, all he needs to know is about his kids and know that they love him. We are most certainly never going to be together again I know that for sure, he hates me” she said interrupting Marco and looking at him.

“What what are you talking about?” AJ asked.

“It’s nothing Sweetie. It will be said when the time comes” Ashley said as she gently rubbed AJ’s shoulder.      

        Elizabeth stayed silent as the other three began talking about the upcoming events, dropping the subject of what transpired seven years ago. Taking a deep breath Elizabeth began to relax and join in the conversation of planning the triplet’s birthday. They never noticed the figure walking along the side of the house looking at Elizabeth.  

“Hey guys” Howie said as he placed his hands in his pockets and walked towards the group.

“Hey” They said.       

      Howie noticed Elizabeth had stayed quiet and stared off into the horizon. He slowly walked up to them and looked down at the sand. He could feel the tension in the air and silently vowed to make the best of the situation.   

“Can I speak to Ells alone guys” Howie said hoarsely calling Elizabeth by the nickname he gave her.   

        She noticed everyone looking at her and she snapped out of her day dream. She noticed Howie looking at her and the others waiting for an answer.  

“Yeah guys go on ahead I’ll be fine” She whispered.      

        She smiled at Ashley, Marco, And AJ as they walked into the house. There they were alone, and both holding back emotions that they have kept hidden for a long time. They stayed in that uncomfortable silence, Elizabeth watching the horizon and Howie watching Elizabeth. It took a few moments before Howie decided to sit on the chair next to hers and clear his throat.

 “I guess we should talk” he said

“I suppose we should” she said continuing to avoid looking at him.

Chapter 4 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:
I really need some review guys. The more you review the more inspired I get.
Chapter 4
“I guess we can start at the beginning?” Howie said trying to get Elizabeth to talk more.

“What is there to talk about, I left you, when I should have told you what was going on” she said as she got up and walked towards the shore where the water touched the beach.

Howie followed after her only to notice she had let the water touch her feet. He watched how the wind played with her hair. He took off his shoes and walked to her side. He took in the salty sea air and the feel of just having her presence near him.

“I only wanted to protect your career from being destroyed” she said “I realize I made a mistake, and I know you don’t believe me; but, I have loved you since the first day we met. All I wanted was to make you happy” She said

“We could have handled it together Ells” He said and slowly got closer to her.

“Look I was eventually going to tell you maybe when I knew you were ready or …or…” she began to say.

“Or when you would need to beg me for money” Howie said and regretted it from the moment he let it leave his mouth.

The sound of a sharp slap was heard. Elizabeth ran as far away as she could from Howie. He had said what she feared the most. She felt her heart breaking all over again. She was about to open the sliding glass door into the house when she felt a hand take her by the arm. She turned to see Howie with pleading eyes.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it, and I know you would never use me for my money” he said

“You’re right I would never do that. Yet, you seem to think that I would do such a thing. I would have told the kids about you eventually and notified you not because I would have the need for money but because they can’t go on without a father” She said angrily “I was hoping that at least we could be somewhat civil but I guess I should just let you go” She said harshly and walked inside.

“Wait, what did you mean by that?” he said as he followed her inside only to be stopped by three kids and his three friends staring at him.

“What did you do to my Mommy you jerk” said one of the boys who walked up to Howie with a scowl on his face.
“I….we….we were just talking, and I said something and well I got slapped and she stormed off” he said as he rubbed his red cheek.

“I don’t want you near our Mommy you meanie” he heard Jocelyn say and she ran off to be with her mother.

He couldn’t help but wince at the fact that now his own children who didn’t know who he was, were mad at him. He most certainly didn’t enjoy the fact that they called him a jerk and a meanie. He looked over to Marco and Ashley who were both shaking their heads slightly.

“Hey don’t give me that look I wasn’t the one who ran out! I wasn’t the one who kept secrets” Howie said as he sat down at the table and placed his head in his hands.

“I told you D, It is a complicated situation and there is something else that she isn’t telling us” He said motioning to himself and Howie.

“What do you mean?” Howie asked looking to Marco and Ashley for answers.

“Sorry Howie we can’t tell you, we need to let things play out, because the way things are going right now the can of worms is slowly opening” Marco said.

Elizabeth lay in her bed just staring off into the empty wall next to it. She hardly noticed that two of her children had decided to join her. She only moved to snuggle Jocelyn and felt Joshua hug her from behind. She felt better that her children were there to lift her up. She figured Jr was listening to the adults in the dining room to try and piece the puzzle. Taking a deep breath she kissed the top of Jocelyn’s head and placed a hand on Joshua’s hand.

“Who is that man Mommy?” she heard Jocelyn ask.

“If I tell you who he is you have to let me explain the whole story ok?” she said to her children.

“Ok” They both said as they moved so that Elizabeth could sit up.

“That man is your father, I never told him about you guys because at the time he was just starting to become famous in Europe with your Uncle Alex” She said “I was very scared of what would happen if he found out and I didn’t want him to quit, so I ran away”

She noticed her children became quiet. She started to become scared that they would hate her.

“Mommy is he going to take us away?” Joshua asked.

“No I would never ever let that happen to you. You are my children and I will never let anyone take you away from me” She said as she hugged them both tight.

She looked at the door to notice Jr standing by the doorway and she motioned for him to join them on the bed. Giving a small smile he walked to the bed and lay down and placed his head on Elizabeth’s legs. She smiled at her three children as they stayed in silence taking in their time together. These were the moments that she treasured the most.

Howie took a small peek at Elizabeth with the kids and felt a small tug at his heart. He had always dreamed of having children and his dream girl was always Elizabeth. No matter how many women he dated he could never forgot her. Slowly backing up he decided to leave them alone and sit on the couch. Marco, Ashley, and AJ went out on a food run and Howie stayed to watch over Elizabeth and the kids. It was a while before he felt someone shaking him and woke up to find Elizabeth hovering over him.

“Hey, you fell asleep” she said as she sat next to him but with a bit of distance between them.

“Yeah I guess I did” he said softly.

“Howie, I think maybe we should just try and be civil for the kid’s sake” she said

“Ells, I didn’t mean what I said earlier. I was just so hurt and I wanted to hurt you, it was the wrong thing to say” he said and tried to get close to her.

Elizabeth moved away from him and placed her arms around herself “wow its cold in here” she said as she walked to the window wondering when the others would be back with the food.

“What you said about letting me go, what did you mean by that” Howie asked curiously.

“It means exactly what you think it means, I was asked on a date last week and declined because I was still holding on to you. I decided after what has happened today that it’s for the best that we see other people” she said softly.

“If that’s what you want…I mean, if you think it’s for the best” he said softly trying not to let her see that he was hurt by what she was saying.

Howie watched her as she looked out the window. Her silhouette hit by the light of the moon making her glow. He was going to let her live her life and hopefully they could come up with a compromise on a joint custody on the kids. He was letting her go like she wanted, and it was something he wanted to do right?

Chapter 5 by Howies Girl
Chapter 5
It was not long before Ashley, Marco, and AJ were back with pizza for everybody. Elizabeth woke the kids gently so that they could have their dinner. Howie could not help but look at Elizabeth every now and then. He watched her as she interacted with the kids and made sure they ate and were happy. He also noticed that AJ was looking at him looking at Elizabeth.

“Ok guys we have time for TV and then its bed you guys have school tomorrow,” Elizabeth said with a respective groan from the Triplets.
“But Mom…..” They each said.
“No buts, you guys need to focus on your books, and you have two weeks to spend with your Father and your Aunt Ashley and Uncle Alex so don’t complain,” She said as she started to clean up the dining room.
“Let me help” Howie said softly as he helped Elizabeth clean up the table.

While Howie and Elizabeth were washing the dished Marco, Ashley, and AJ sat around the living room with the kids watching whatever program caught their attention on TV.

“Uncle Alex, can we please watch the home videos we have?” Jocelyn asked innocently giving AJ the ‘puppy dog look’.
“Ok, but only one video tonight” he said as he rummaged through the videos. “Ah ha” he said when he finally found the video he was looking for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Video~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Smile for the camera” A young Howie, said as he filmed what looked like the inside of a dance studio.

We see Elizabeth warming up at the ballet barre. Her shoulder length hair placed in a tight bun. Her face had just a little hint of makeup and she was smiling from ear to ear. Marco could be seen bouncing around trying to get Howies attention.

“Can you please put the camera on me and stop checking Eli out” Marco said as he had walked up to Howie and pulled him away from Elizabeth.
“Ok so what are we doing at the dance studio today?’ Howie asked
“Today we are going to see Elizabeth’s solo piece for college,” Marco said.

It wasn’t long before the video showed the work that Elizabeth put into her dance routine. She glided across the room with such ease and grace. Her pirouettes were flawlessly executed. Her jumps made her seem that she was flying. It wasn’t long before she was seen balancing in Arabesque for her finally. Howie could be heard whistling and cheering.

“Oh stop it” Elizabeth said and blushed.

It wasn’t long before Marco took the camera from Howie. Howie walked towards Elizabeth and gave her a small kiss on the lips. Ashley finally made her appearance by storming in.
“Sorry I missed it but I was at an audition for the community play. They decided on letting us perform Cats this year” she said.
“Cool I hope you get the part” Elizabeth said and hugged her.

~*~*~*~*~End Video~*~*~*~*~

“Ok guys I think it’s time to go to bed” Elizabeth said.

She was leaning against the small wall that divided the kitchen from the living room next to the TV. She looked at her kids and motioned for them to say goodnight. Howie watched as the kids hugged Marco, Ashley, and Alex, while they only gave a small wave and a very low goodnight. He then watched as Elizabeth followed her kids to make sure they got ready properly and to tuck them in.

“I almost forgot we made those videos” He said softly.
“Yeah she still has them” Marco said.

Howie found himself in deep thought before speaking again.

“Does she still dance?” He asked more to himself then to anyone.
“Yes, I guess you can say I do that” Elizabeth said as she walked back in. “I own a dance studio with Marco, we teach the locals here” She said and sat down on the arm of the couch.
“Wow, I should check it out sometime” He said.
“I rather you didn’t, I don’t want the girls to start a riot” She said dismissingly.

Marco, Alex, and Ashley winced at the sound of the harsh tone she gave Howie. Howie just looked at Elizabeth, her demeanor had changed. It felt as though she wanted him to leave. Howie stared at his hands and stayed quiet for the rest of the evening. It wasn’t until he noticed a pair of blankets and a pillow being handed to him.

“You can sleep on the couch if, you’d like, I’m sorry I don’t have any more extra beds” she said.

Howie took the blankets and sighed. He would have to go to his hotel tomorrow and change his clothes there. By the time He settled on to the couch Elizabeth had turned off all but the light on the table next to Howie and retreated to her room. Laying his head on the pillow Howie stared at the ceiling his arm casually placed behind his head. He took a small look to his right and noticed a picture frame in front of him on the coffee table. Sitting up he took the frame and looked at it. It was a picture of Elizabeth with the triplets at around age one. He smiled at how much the kids looked like him and Eli combined. Howie gave a slight smile and imagined what it would be like if he was in the picture. He wished he had tried harder to find her and he kicked himself for insulting her. Nothing hurt more than the image of her in another man’s arms.

Elizabeth had changed into her white nightgown and slipped into the bed. The sound of the crashing waves gave her a small relaxing feeling like it did every night. She too was staring off into the blank emptiness of the ceiling. Her soft brown eyes gave it away that she was thinking. Was she doing the right thing by finally seeing someone different? She only hoped it was the right choice. She figured Howie had moved on and had a girlfriend. She could only remember what that man said to her if Howie ever found out about his kids.

“If I get word that Howie knows about his kids, I will tell the courts you are an unfit mother and trust me it will be my people evaluating you” the voice said.

Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and frowned. She would await the oncoming storm. If anything should happen she knew Howie would at least have his kids. Unless they took a DNA test and the doctor was working for the same cruel man. If that were true, then she would lose the kids forever. That thought brought tears to her eyes and in those tears she drifted into a deep sleep not knowing what the next day could bring.
Chapter 6 by Howies Girl
Chapter 6

She found herself watching her children play. Their laughs and giggles rang in her ear. She smiled at the warm sun and the sound of the crashing waves. After a while she joined her children in running and tumbling. They were building sand castles along the shore and Howie had joined them at some point. They became the picture she always dreamed; one family united together. They laid down under the sun taking deep breaths and relaxing. It suddenly grew dark and cold. She sat up and looked around, her children were gone, and he stood there with a letter in his hands and the man of her nightmares next to him.
“You lied to me, they weren’t my kids” Howie said harshly throwing the letter on the ground.
“The court has deemed you an unfit mother” the man said with a sly smile.
Frantically she pushed past them and searched everywhere for her children. She found herself in the house rushing to their rooms. Their things were gone, their beds where empty and she cried. She dashed around the house calling their names. She sank to the floor and cried. She didn’t stop calling their names. She thought she could hear them in the distance along with her name being called.
“Mommy, wale” up she heard.


“Mom, come on wake up” Joshua said trying desperately to wake his mother up from her dream.

Howie walked into the room and placed a gentle hand on his sons shoulder and gently motioned for him to move. Howie sat down on the side of the bed and gently caressed her cheek.

“Elizabeth, honey you’re dreaming wake up” He said gently.
“Mom please wake up” Josh said as he approached the side of his bed and shook his mothers shoulder gently.

Elizabeth sat up with a jolt knocking Howie to the floor. It made Joshua snort as he held his laughter. He then looked to his mother and hugged her. He was the only one out of the triplets to notice his mother was having nightmares. He was always there to wake her up and it was funny to see his father try. Joshua gave a small yelp as his mother pulled him into a tight hug. Elizabeth started to touch every part of her sons head to make sure he was really there.

“Mom, its ok I’m here” he said as she squeezed his cheeks together.

Howie looked at Elizabeth from the floor and gave a questioning look to Joshua who shrugged. Giving a groan Howie got up and sat back down on the bed. He went to caress Elis face again only to have it stopped by her before it reached her cheek.

“I’m ok, just a nightmare.” She said as she avoided his gaze.
“Sweetie it’s ok if you want to talk about it” Howie said.
“No, I’m fine really I am it was just a nightmare I shouldn’t worry about it” She said and pushed to covers off of her making Howie get up off the bed.

Giving a nod Howie gently touched Joshua’s shoulder and motioned for the door. They reached the living room still being the only ones awake in the whole house. Howie quietly folded the bed sheets and placed them neatly on his side of the couch with the pillow on top. He looked to Joshua who was sitting on the love seat staring at his hands.

“What do you say we, make everyone breakfast?” he asked.

Joshua looked up at him and nodded solemnly. Together they walked into the kitchen and rummaged around looking for ingredients. Howie smiled as he found the perfect ingredients for his special breakfast Spanish omelet. He looked to Joshua and smiled.

“I learned this recipe from your grandma. You think you can help me out?” He said and smiled.
“Ok” Joshua said as he got on the step stool and watched as his father started to work on the omelet.

Howie and Joshua worked together on the omelet. Howie let Joshua add the ingredients and stir them together. Once it was ready to cook Howie made sure that Joshua was far away from the stove so that he wouldn’t get burned. Joshua smiled he like his father, and it felt good having one. Uncle Marco was more like an Aunt then and Uncle and he liked that. He watched his father intently looking at the details of how his father cooked.

“Do you think we could have bacon and hash browns with your omelet dad?” Joshua asked.
“Sure buddy, why don’t you go wake Uncle Alex up so he can help us” He said and Joshua smiled.

Joshua dashed to the room he shared with his brother and sister and woke Jr up. He motioned for Jr to be quiet so that Jocelyn could sleep. The quietly walked into the room that Ashley and Alex where in. Softly Joshua walked up to Alex and pushed his cheeks around. Alex gave a small groan and turned around and placed an arm around Ashley. Joshua frowned and looked at his brother. Howie smiled and made a motion about covering Alex’s nose. Josh smiled slyly and reached over and pinched Alex’s nose shut. Josh was pushed back as Alex shot up and looked at the boys. Joshua placed his finger on his lips and whispered in his ear. Alex Nodded and got up quietly and headed to the kitchen with the boys. Josh looked at the clock, School started at 8 and it was 6 in the morning. He sighed and walked after his Uncle and brother to the kitchen. The noticed that Howie had already started the potatoes and he had a plate of the omelets in the microwave to keep them heated. It wasn’t long until they were laughing and telling stories.

Elizabeth had gotten dressed after being woken up and sighed. She decided her bell bottom ripped jeans and a grey tank top, with a pair of sneakers. Walking to her dresser and mirror she picked her hair up in a ponytail and finally noticed the sweet smell of breakfast that surrounded the house. She looked at the time and walked into the kid’s room and gently woke Jocelyn up and left her to see what the commotion in the kitchen was. She smiled softly when she saw Alex, Howie, Howie Jr, and Joshua setting the table.

“Just because you made breakfast it doesn’t mean you don’t have to get ready for school” she said and kissed her boys on their heads.
“We know, we know” They said and dashed to the room to get ready.

Elizabeth noticed Howie staring at her and she turned away from him. Taking a deep breath she walked into the kitchen and began to set the table. Quietly she heard the soft rumble of footsteps on the floor and doors opening and closing. When she was done setting the table she moved out of the way so that the boys could place the food on the table. It wasn’t long before Jocelyn came up to her to have her hair done. Howie watched as Eli and Jocelyn bonded and he watched how Jocelyn looked at the many ribbons she had picked for her hair.

“I don’t know mommy I like the blue one because it sparkles, but I really like the yellow because I have yellow on my shirt” she said making the grownups chuckle.
“I think we should go for the yellow” Elizabeth said softly as she finished braiding Jocelyn’s hair and placed the bow at the end.

Jocelyn smiled and skipped to her seat on the table and began humming softly to herself as she ate. The boys joined in sometime later and joined their sister at the table. After breakfast it was time to walk the kids to school. Elizabeth and Marco checked the kid’s bags for their school things and any contraband they were trying to sneak into school. Once they were sure that the kid’s had everything they needed and nothing that would get confiscated they were on their way to a short walk to the school. Howie stayed behind the group quiet and thinking. He was worried about the dream Eli had and the way she reacted to Joshua being there. It was as if she was scared that he was gone. He smiled when he saw his children running to their teacher and he unknowingly found himself standing next to Elizabeth. He was about to say something to her when a man came up to her.

“Elizabeth how was your weekend” The man said.
“Oh hi Jake, My weekend was eventful how about yours” She said and blushed slightly.
“It was good, you know, Surfing sun, and this weekend there is a luau” Jake said and smiled at Elizabeth.
“Oh that sounds great, I’m sure the kids would love to be there” She said.

Howie looked at the man Elizabeth called Jake and sized him up. Jake had a perfect tan on his skin, light hazel eyes and sandy blond hair. He was wearing a pair of what looked like Physical Ed shorts and a white shirt with the schools insignia on it and a whistle around his neck. Howie figured he was the Phys Ed teacher and wondered what Eli saw in him. He had never felt jealous before, and he was very sure that if he lost it Elizabeth would be furious with him.

“Um….can I help you sir?” Jake said to Howie.
“Oh…Jake this is Howard Dorough he’s the father of the kids” Elizabeth said softly.
“Oh…It’s nice to meet you are you two…” Jake started to say.
“No, no…we are just friends what we had ended a long time ago” Elizabeth said.

Alex, Ashley, and Marco winced at the
hurt look on Howies face. Alex walked up to Howie and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Come on D, I’ll take you to your hotel so you can grab your stuff” Alex said.
“Ok, Alex one sec…So Jake you teach the Phys Ed program here at the school?” Howie said casually.
“Yes I do” Jake said walking up to Howie and raising his eyebrow a bit.
“Oh, well I’m sure my kids are getting the right exercise” He said.
“You would know if…..” Jake started.
“Hey, Jake I kept the pregnancy from him ok” Elizabeth said as she placed a hand on his chest and gently nudged him away from Howie.
“Oh, I’m sorry I just…..I’ll talk to you when you pick up the kid’s?” Jake asked.
“Of course” Elizabeth said.

Hearing the bell ring the waved goodbye to the triplets and began to walk off. Elizabeth walked to be besides Howie and looked at him.

“What was that about?’ she asked.
“Nothing I just wanted to make sure the kids had a good PE Coach, it’s not my fault he got in my face” Howie said innocently “don’t know what you see in him anyways” he said under his breath.
“What?” Elizabeth said looking at him.
“I didn’t say anything” Howie quickly said.
“Whatever,” Elizabeth said and she began walking at a faster pace.

Howie watched as she stormed off and looked to his three friends.

“What just happened?” Ashley asked.
“Oh I know, you see Howie still likes Eli, but she wants to see other people and is finally going to try and go out with Jake, but Howie is jealous” Marco said
“Yeah, I’m going to take Howie to the hotel we’ll be back” Alex said.

They got into Alex’s rental car and drove off to the hotel.
Chapter 7 by Howies Girl
Chapter 7


“What the hell was that back there?” Alex said breaking the silence between himself and Howie in the car.
“I don’t know, I guess I got jealous” Howie said as he stared out the window.
“Dude that is just……Damn” Alex said as he turned into the hotel parking lot.

Howie lead him to the elevators and then to his room on the top floor near the pent house. Alex whistled and smiled. He made himself a mental note to try and get a nice get away room for himself and Ashley. He watched as Howie packed up the essentials and smiled.

“Hey when we get back I’m sure Ashley wouldn’t mind having you on the floor of the guest room” Alex said.
“No it’s ok, I’m good on the couch” Howie said as he made a quick change of clothes.

Alex noticed Howie put on a pair of relaxing shorts and a tight blue shirt. Alex smiled to himself as he helped Howie with his bags. There was something that was bothering Alex and he wanted to ask Howie.

“Hey, Howie….The night Eli left, was it me or did Johnny seem happy that she was gone?” Alex said.
“I don’t know I didn’t really care for Johnny’s feelings” Howie said as they walked to the elevator.

They reached the front desk of the hotel once they left the elevator. Alex waited for Howie to check out. Leaving the hotel they walked to the parking lot, put Howies bags in the trunk and got it. They rode in silence on the way to Elizabeth’. Alex couldn’t help but think that there was some deeper reason for Elizabeth to have left and Ashley and Marco knew what it was. It wasn’t long before they reached the house and noticed Elizabeth leaving it.

“Hey where are you off to?” Alex asked.
“Work” Elizabeth answered.

Howie avoided looking at her as he grabbed his bags and headed to the front door. Once inside Ashley told him he could put his clothes in the room she was using with Alex because they had a free drawer. While Howie was putting his things away Marco, Ashley, and Alex sat at the dining table and began talking.

“Ok, Eli wanted Howie to know about the Triplets. So why aren’t they getting together?” Alex asked.
“I have no idea, but I can tell you one thing….Howie definitely doesn’t like Jake” Ashley said and smiled.
“I know, but I can’t do anything tonight I finally snagged a hot date tonight” Marco said and smiled slyly.
“Well what do we do?” Alex said.
“Sweetie I think we should just let things play out, the way things are going they will eventually get together” Ashley said.
“I’m not too sure about that” Howie said stepping into the dining area.

Howie sat down on one of the chairs and looked to his best friends.

“This is a lost cause….if she wants to move on then I should too” Howie said sadly.
“Howie it is not a lost cause. You really need to just be patient please I know Eli loves you” Ashley said.

Howie shook his head. He stood up and mumbled “I’m going to be on the beach” and walked out the patio door. He took off his sandals and walked barefoot along the beach. Looking around he sat down and watched the horizon as the waves crashed softly along the shore. The setting reminded him of when he and Eli shared their first kiss.

1991

It was the week before graduation and Howie finally had the courage to ask Elizabeth out on a date. It was going to be perfect. He had made sure his car was nice a clean, picked out the right restaurant and prepared a small field trip to a small park he took Eli to when she first arrived to Orlando. Taking a deep breath he looked at his watch and made sure everything was perfect. Grabbing his keys he kissed his mother goodbye and was out the door. He arrived at Elis house with a small bouquet of roses, her favorite flower, and a nervous smile on his face. Eli had opened the door and his breath was caught in his throat, she was wearing the most beautiful casual dress that was the right shade of purple. Her hair had small diamond flower pins holding her hair out of her face.

“Hi Howie” She said softly and blushed.
“Hi…These are for you” He said softly handing her the flowers.
“Thank you” she said and gave them to her mother to put in water.
“Let’s get going” Howie said as he placed his arm out for her to grab.

He led her to the car and opened the door for her. She gave a soft ‘thank you’ and put her seatbelt on. Howie popped into the driver’s side and they drove off to the restaurant. Once there they were seated in a very private part of the restaurant and they looked over the menus in silence. It wasn’t long before Howie broke the silence.

“So, Graduation in coming up” He said softly
“Yeah, I heard you’re going to be staying here and going to Valencia” She said softly.
“Yeah, I thought it would be better to stay home for a while” He said and looked into her eyes.
“I decided, to go there too, but once I get the chance I want to head to Massachusetts” She said softly.
“Wow, that cool” he said and smiled.
“Howie, are you ok?” She asked.
“Yeah I’m fine, just a little nervous” he said softly.
“Why are you nervous I mean we’re two friends having a nice night out on the town” Elizabeth said and she took his hand.

Howie smiled and blushed. They ordered their food and had small talk about what college would be like. Howie smiled at the way her eyes lit up when she mentioned the dance program she would be in. He only hoped that she would achieve her dream. It wasn’t long before they were sharing stories from their childhood before they met.

“Well that Halloween in kindergarten I was humiliated. I love my grandmother but dressing me up like a tomato did not help my enemies back off” she said laughing.
“I would have loved to have seen that I bet you were a cute tomato” Howie said and smiled.

Elizabeth chuckled and blushed. She felt weird being with him by herself. She knew she had feelings for him, but found it very hard to believe that he had feeling for her. After sharing the apple pie dessert they got back into Howies car and Howie drove to the park they would hang out in. After helping Elizabeth out, he went to the trunk and pulled out a blanket for them to sit on. They walked for a bit before finding a nice clearing where they could enjoy watching the stars.

“You know, I’m glad you moved here Ells” He said.
“Ells?” Elizabeth said looking at him with a raised eyebrow.
“Yeah I thought that could be my nickname for you” He said softly.
“But I though Eli was my nickname” she said.
“No, Ells is a nickname I want to use myself and no one else” He said as he got closer to her.
“Oh” she said softly.

Howie licked his lips and placed a shaking hand on Elizabeth’s cheek. He grazed his thumb along it and slowly inched himself closer. He closed his eyes as he felt his forehead softly press against hers. He opened his eyes and looked deeply into hers.

“I never felt this way about anyone before, and I only hope you don’t kill me when I do this” Howie said and kissed her softly.

Elizabeth sighed as his lips toughed hers. Her arms snaked around his neck as she deepened the kiss. It wasn’t long before they broke apart and smiled at each other.

“Wow” Elizabeth said.
“Yeah, wow” Howie repeated.

The let out a laugh and gently lay on the blanket side by side. Howie took her hand in his and placed it on his chest as they watched the stars.


Howie snapped out of the memory and took a deep shaking breath. A soft tear rolled down his cheek and he shook his head. He could only hope that deep down Elizabeth missed him the way he missed her.
Chapter 8 by Howies Girl
Chapter 8


Elizabeth reached the small shopping center where her studio was and decided to immerse herself in dancing. Making sure the door was locked she walked into Studio A and turned on the stereo. Giving herself a quick warm up and stretch, she made sure she was ready for what she was about to do. Walking to the stereo area she flipped through the CDs until she found the right CD to place in the CD player. Taking a deep breath she put herself in the middle of the dance floor and waited for the right moment.

The moment I said it
the moment I opened my mouth
lead in your eyelids
Bulldozed the life out of me
I know what you're thinking
But darling you're not thinking straight
Sadly things just happen.... we can't...... explain


Elizabeth turned to the mirror and covered her mouth as her right leg was brought up through a developé. She moved her arms upwards as she held her balance and from there brought her leg down through a retiré and placed herself in fourth position. Her arms lowered as her hands passed over her eyes and she went into an andedame (inside) pirouette. She landed in Attitude and sank to the floor on her knees. She began to make herself seem like she was running out of breath before having her body drop completely to the floor. Pulling herself in a straight line on the floor she then curled herself into a ball and rolled towards the back of the room.

It's not even light out,
But you've somewhere to be - no hesitation
No I've never seen you like this
And I don’t like it, I don’t like it, I don’t like it at all


She got up on one knee and stretched both arms forward as she going to grab something or rather someone. She crawled with her body straight up her knees rubbing on the floor as she did this. Letting her torso drop as if in defeat; she got completely up and began doing cheiné turns towards the diagonal stopping in relevé facing the mirror. Here she prepped for a barrel jump/turn in the air and landed once again on the floor on her knees.

Just put back the car keys
or somebody's going to get hurt
who are you calling at this hour
sit down, come round, I need you now
we'll work it all out together


It wasn’t long before she felt winded and just dropped completely on the floor and laid on her back. The tears were now falling from her eyes and she softly began to sob. She listened to the rest of the song and let all her feelings out. It was the first time in years she felt very emotional while she danced. Taking a deep breath she pushed herself up and sat there staring off into space.

we're getting nowhere tonight
now sleep, I promise, it'll all seem better somehow
in time

It's not even light out
Suddenly, you've somewhere to be
No hesitation
mmm...I've never seen you like this
Your scaring me, You’re scaring me,
Your scaring me to death

Don't..oh, smash....please
Don't...oh.....and another one
Don't...oh.....and another one

I'm losing you.......I'm losing you

Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling
Trust me on this one
You're going to throw it all away
With no hesitation

Bye bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye
bye


At the end of the song Elizabeth got up turned off the stereo and headed out of the dance floor. She looked at herself in the hallway mirror and sighed. She made a quick trip to the rest room and washed her face. Looking at the time she sighed, it was already two in the afternoon; and the kids would be out at three. She shook her head and walked to the office ready to dive into the paper work she had to finish. She looked over the usual bills and forms and began making the payments for the studio to survive. Her students would be arriving at five giving her some peace and quiet for the time being. It wasn’t long before Elizabeth heard the knocking at the door and smiled to see two of her students early for their class. She looked at the clock to see that it was already four fifteen in the afternoon. Giving a smile she unlocked the door and let them in.

“Hi you guys are you ready for class today” She said and hugged them.

“Yes we are, Emily was practicing all day today” her older student Michelle, who was ten, said about her four year old sister.

“Good, we are going to be busy with preparing for the show in June” Elizabeth said as she sat down on the chairs in the lobby.

“The girls are so excited, they can’t wait, and I know this year is going to be very good” Their grandmother said.

Elizabeth smiled and blushed at what their grandmother said. She played with Emily a bit and talked to Michelle about what happened at school and smiled when she saw her own kids coming into the studio.

“Hi you guys how did it go at school today?” She asked as she hugged and kissed them.

“Well their teacher said that they are the best behaved children she has in her class, and that they have a great mom looking after them”

Elizabeth looked up to see Howie standing with his hands in his pockets leaning against the door.

“Thank you for bringing them over you can go back to the house” she said softly avoiding his gaze.

“I thought I would come by and help out, Marco told me to tell you he can’t make it, and he’s not feeling well” He said lying for Marco.

“I know Marco has a date you don’t need to lie for him” She said and gave him an annoyed look.

“Ells…” He started

“Don’t call me that” She interrupted him

“Elizabeth, please let me help, I promise I will be out of your hair in a helpful way” He said and gave her the all familiar puppy dog look. She looked to her kids and sighed they were giving it to her too.

“Darn it, alright, you can answer the phones and take the payments, Marco has a list of who owes what for the month” She said and led him to the desk she had set up for Marco.

Once Howie was settled Elizabeth went back to greeting the students and parents as they came in. She made sure the girls had on the right shoes for the class and that they put their bags away in the special lockers she had set up in the back of the studio they would be using. Howie couldn’t help but smile at the way Elizabeth interacted with her students and at the same time was never neglecting the triplets.

“Ok you three, you guys need to get that homework done pronto before, Mrs. Lorenzo gets here for your lesson” She said before she walked into the studio to begin teaching her class.

Howie looked at his kids and pondered for a bit.

“Wait, she doesn’t give you your dance lessons?” He asked

“Nope” Jocelyn said simply as she started her homework.

“She always told us that it was bad for her to teach us, after all she is our mom, and it wouldn’t look good if she did” Joshua said.

Howie looked to Jr who had usually always stayed quiet. He studied his kids as they interacted with their dance classmates who also had homework to finish and smiled. He liked the feeling of being a dad, but at the same time he didn’t want to push himself into their lives.

“What do you guys say if we go out for pizza when your mother gets out?’ He asked simply while writing out a receipt for one of the parents.

“Cool” The triplets said simply.

Howie nodded as the rest of the time the triplets concentrated on their homework. He wasn’t sure how, but he was very sure that he was going to do his best to be a good dad. Taking a deep breath he smiled inwardly and got up from the desk and walked to the door of the studio where Elizabeth was teaching. He watched as she walked by the row of students fixing their positions and arms. He watched as she explained intensely the position of the body and even made funny sounds to get the attention of the smaller girls. He knew that he would do everything in his power to have her back in his arms even if she was pushing him away.

End Notes:
* Song is called "The moment i said it" By Immogen Heap
Chapter 9 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:

it's going to be awhile before i update since i am pregnant for the first time in my life! i will try to write often but i can't make any promises.

Chapter 9

            Finishing the class Elizabeth hugged her students and wished them a good evening. Looking at the clock it was now time for the more advanced teacher to take over. Elizabeth cleared the way for Mrs. Lorenzo and smiled at her kids and left the studio.

“You really like what you do” Howie said and smiled.

“I do, it took me a while and a couple of years of working two jobs and continuing school” she said softly.

“I’m sorry I said anything” Howie said softly.

“No Howie wait….I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, but it’s just that’s what I went through” Elizabeth said.

“Why? Why couldn’t you just come to me?” Howie said softly.

“Look, you were at the top of your career, I would have ruined it” she said as they stepped into the office.

“You don’t know that” Howie said as he closed the door.

            Taking a deep breath Howie took her hand in his and with his other hand gently caressed her cheek. He didn’t know what possessed him to do it but he couldn’t help himself.

“Don’t….” Elizabeth started to say.

“Don’t what? Don’t love you? Don’t try to work things out?” He said softly as he pulled her close.

“Howie this isn’t the time or place” She said trying to pull away.

            Howie licked his lips and pulled her in. Their lips crashed and for a second Elizabeth started to resist but she slowly started to let go and listen to her heart. That one simple kiss made her head swim, she snaked her arms around his neck and was going to deepen the kiss when a small voice rang in her head.

“If you get back together with him, I will make sure to take your kids away”

“No, we can’t” She said and pushed him away. “I’m sorry Howie I don’t feel that way anymore” she said as she opened the office door and walked out.

            Howie stood there confused as to what just happened. He was positive that she was giving in. It was just weird that she would say that. He needed to find out what was going on. Taking a small breath he was about to head back outside the office when his cell phone rang.

“Hello?” he said softly.

“Howie? Dude, where are you and AJ man?” it was Nick.

“Hey we’re in Hawaii, I found Eli and Marco and AJ and Ashley knew where they were the whole time” Howie said.

“Oh wow, cool, hey do you mind if I join in, we don’t have to be in the studio for another three more weeks” Nick said.

“Yeah sure Nick you can come, There is just one thing you need to know” Howie said.

“What’s that?” he said softly.

“I have Kids, and they’re six years old” he told Nick.

“Wow you have Kids…wait a sec? You mean Kids, as in plural with an S at the end of Kid?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, she had triplets” he said and sighed.

“Oh dude, wow you had triplets with Elizabeth wow. Hey wait” Nick said and Howie heard the phone exchanging hands.

“Howie its Kevin wherever you are we are going to catch up with you guys” Kevin said and hung up.

            Howie looked at the phone and raised a small eyebrow. He thought that it was weird that Kevin, Brian and Nick would ask for while they were on break. There was definitely something going on and he was going to do everything in his power to find out what. Shaking his head he dialed Alex’s cell phone number.

“Talk to me” He heard Alex say.

“We have visitors coming” He said.

“Wait you men the guys are coming?” Alex asked.

“Yes, and Kevin sounded really weird on the phone” he said.

“Ok, I’ll call them up and give them the details I guess” Alex said softly.

            After hanging up with Alex, Howie went back to the front desk and waited for the rest of the dance classes to finish for the evening. Elizabeth had decided to observe the Hawaiian Folklore class after the heated kiss with Howie. She wasn’t paying that much attention to the class at the moment. All she could think about were how soft his lips felt on hers. She missed it so much. Shaking from her thoughts she tried to focus on the girls who were working hard on learning their routines. She smiled at their progress and congratulated the teacher on a job well done. Getting up she smiled at the girls and walked out the door.

“Hey, the other guys are coming” Howie said softly.

 “Oh ok, cool I haven’t seen them in a while” she said avoiding his gaze.

“Eli about the kiss, I……” 

“It’s ok it was a onetime thing, it won’t happen again right?” she said interrupting him

“Uh, yeah right, a onetime thing” Howie said softly.

 

            Elizabeth smiled and walked past Howie as Jr, Joshua, and Jocelyn walked out of the class. It wasn’t long before the last of the students were out and it was time to close the studio. Elizabeth went around making sure nothing was left behind and if there was anything that was forgotten it was placed in the lost and found box. Howie had taken it upon himself to sweep the floor and tidy up the chairs. The kids looked at both their mother and father and then at each other.

“What do you guys think?” Joshua said to his brother and sister.

“I think he wants to take us away from Mommy” Jocelyn said and frowned.

“You heard mom no one is taking us away from her” Joshua said.

“What do you think Jr” Jocelyn asked her silent brother.

“I don’t know, I think we should give him a chance and if he does hurt Mom, then we can just not talk to him” He said softly as he looked at his hands.

            The triplets all nodded in agreement and waited for their parents to finish what they were doing. It wasn’t long and they were off on a nice moon lit walk home.

“I was wondering if I could take you and the kids out for dinner” Howie asked softly.

“I think that would be nice, Marco is on his date with a guy he met and Ashley and Alex are probably having a picnic in the back porch” she said softly.

“Ok, what do you say we let the kids pick” he said and smiled at the kids.

“I want to go to Kamea’s Restaurant” Jr said softly.

“Ok let’s go” Elizabeth said as they led the way to a small restaurant filled with the locals.

 

            Howie noticed that a lot of the people knew Elizabeth and hugged her softly. The kids greeted the familiar faces and Howie stood in the background watching them interact. He felt out of place and he felt awkward. It wasn’t long till Howie saw himself shaking hands and getting complimented on the well behavior of his kids to which he beamed with pride that his kids were being well raised. He never doubted Elizabeth and he knew why he loved her still. They were soon shown to a small table close to the windows so that the kids could look outside.  Not long they were looking over the menu and ordering their food and having dinner like a normal family. But that didn’t last long as Jake the kids PE teacher spotted Elizabeth and walked up to the table.

“Hey guys sorry for interrupting, Elizabeth I know you are having dinner but could I talk to you for a sec” Jake said softly ignoring the harsh looks Howie was throwing at him.

“Uh yeah sure, Excuse me” she said and walked with Jake away from the table.

“Mommy sure like him” Jocelyn said in a soft sing song voice and then giggled.

“He seems nice” Howie said simply to his daughter “So, why don’t you guys tell me what your favorite thing in the world is” He said wanting to get to know his kids.

“I like Drawing and Ballroom Dancing” Joshua said simply as he looked at his father.

“I like Barbie’s, Dancing and the beach” Jocelyn said and then started humming to herself and tried to annoy Joshua.

“I like surfing, and modern dance” Jr said as he looked down at the table.

“Wow, that is great, I would love to see you guys perform and maybe we can hang out a little more” Howie said softly.

“I guess” The triplets said together.

            Howie smiled and started to make funny faces and the kids all laughed, easing the tension between them. It wasn’t long until the triplets where telling Howie stories and jokes and they were getting along.

“Hey guys, what is all the laughing about?” Elizabeth asked.

“Nothing” They all said together.

“So what did you and Jake talk about?” Howie asked innocently.

“He asked me out on a date this Friday” she said softly.

“Oh well that’s nice” he whispered.

 

            The triplets looked from their mom to their dad and then at each other. They were all thinking the same thing. Their dad was still in love with their mom.   

End Notes:

OK guys please review and see you soon!

Chapter 10 by Howies Girl

Chapter 10


After dinner they walked back home in silence. The kids on the other hand where whispering amongst themselves. It wasn’t long before their walk took them to a small park where the kids dashed to the playground.

“Hey you guys come on; it’s too late to play in the playground now.” Elizabeth said.

“Awwwww, Mom, please just ten minutes.” They said at different times.
Elizabeth looked at Howie who looked to the kids.

“Your mom is right you guys we have a big day tomorrow and you have school to go to, if you have finished all your homework and……” he stopped halfway wondering if they had dance lessons to go to.

“You guys don’t have dance tomorrow, your dad and I can bring you, I think Uncle Marco needs to spend some time on his own at the studio, Plus I don’t have any classes to teach so I think it’s ok.” she said and looked at Howie.

“Ok” They said and mumbled slightly as they continued to walk down the street.

“Thank for helping there Howie.” Elizabeth said and smiled.

“I think it was time I started to act like a dad and just leave you to your space.” he said as he avoided looking at her.

They walk to the house seemed long and slow as they walked in silence. The kids looked back to their parents and back to the sidewalk in front of them. They were glad to have a dad, and maybe everything would turn out ok.

“Do you think Dad will move out here now that he knows about us?” Jr quietly asked.

“I don’t know. I guess it would be cool, and then again he could ask Mom if we can visit him during the year” Joshua said.

“I don’t want to leave Mommy all alone. She needs us and besides I like it here I don’t want to go anywhere else” Jocelyne said stubbornly.

It wasn’t long before they reached the house and stepped inside. Ashley and Alex seemed to be in their room and Marco looked like he wasn’t back yet. The triplets all rushed to their rooms and got ready for bed. Howie got ready for another night on the couch and Elizabeth made sure the kids had done all their pre bed rituals. Once the kids were tucked into their beds Elizabeth decided to check on Howie. She walked into the living room only to find that Howie had gone out to the back porch.

“What are you thinking about?” She said softly making him jump.
“Just how different things would have been if I had kept looking for you?” He said as he looked to her.

Elizabeth walked towards him and stood next to him watching the waves roll in; she loved that sounds and wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. She noticed Howie’s eyes were staring at her. She cleared her throat gently and looked to him.

“Howie, what we once had is not going to comeback” she said.

“Why? Why can’t it come back? My feelings never left, I was hurt, I was angry, but a part of me never stopped loving you. Why is that so hard to believe?” He asked her as he took a step closer to you.

Elizabeth took a deep breath to calm her nerves. "Because I don’t love you” she said and hurried back into the house before he could say another word.

Rushing to her room she closed the door and locked it behind her. Tears began rolling down her face as her heart broke. There was no way she would lose her kids, even if it meant never being with the man she loved. She covered her mouth with her hand as she sobbed and slid down the door. If she was ever going to make sure that she kept her kids she needed to push him away. Gathering herself she walked to her bathroom and splashed water in her face.

Howie knew she was crying, he could tell when he listened through the door. No matter what he was going to find out what was happening to his Ells. He just had to play the game. Taking a deep breath he laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling before falling asleep.

End Notes:

So I am Back please Review and let me know what you guys think!

Chapter 11 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:

I am on a roll! I just hope my muse can keep up with me!

Chapter 11

Kevin sighed as he looked at Nick and Brian. He hadn't told anyone that he knew why Elizabeth had left. Hell he heard the whole conversation and the threat made against her. Even though he had begged her to tell Howie she made him promise not to tell anyone about what he heard. He couldn't help but worry about what would happen now that Howie had found Elizabeth and his kids.

"You doing ok there Kev?" Nick asked as he snapped Kevin out of his thoughts.

"Yeah Nick I'm fine, Just thinking about what to say when we get there" He said quietly

"What do you mean by that?" Nick asked as he gave Kevin a questioningly look.

"I don't know what I think about this whole situation that's all" Kevin said brushing Nick off.

Just then the pilot announced that the plane would land shortly and for everyone to put on their seat belts. Brian looked to his cousin questioningly and wondered what was going on in his head. He only hoped that this whole drama would be over and he could see Leighanne again.
Back in Hawaii, Howie was nudged gently by Joshua to wake up.

“Dad, wake up” he whispered

“Is everything ok?” Howie asked

“I want to show you something” he said as he pulled his dad up from the couch.

Joshua lead his father to the back porch and out onto the beach. In the distance Elizabeth sat staring off into the horizon. Howie stopped just a few feet away from her. Joshua looked at his father’s face and sighed. Whatever happened between his parents he felt they needed to just fix it.

“Dad, you should keep trying to talk to her” Joshua said as he started to push his father towards his mother.

“Ok, Ok don’t push” Howie said as he slowly walked towards Elizabeth and sat next to her.

“What brings you out here at this time?” He said softly.
“I couldn’t sleep” she said simply

“I know you said you don’t love me, but I can at least help you out as a friend” He said.

“I know, I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant, I knew we weren’t married but I didn’t care, and then I realized that, you guys were just starting to make it big, how would that look? So I just left” she said softly. At the same time leaving out the part about being threatened.

“I guess what’s done is done” Howie said knowing full well what she wanted for now.

“Alex told me Kevin, Brian, and Nick are on their way” she said

“Yeah, they will be really surprised” He said.

Just as the sun began to rise Elizabeth laid down and placed her head on Howie’s Lap. With a soft sigh she fell asleep from exhaustion. Howie smiled and gently picked her up. Joshua had already gone back inside and to his room. Carefully Howie brought Elizabeth back into the house and placed her on her bed in her room. Not being able to resist him gently kissed her forehead and whispered to her.

“I love you Ells, no matter what happens between us you still have my heart and soul” and with that he walked out of the room and headed back into the living room only to have his children waiting for him.

“Daddy, are you going to take us away from mommy?” Jocelyne asked as she held on tightly to her stuffed bear.

“Of course not sweet heart, I would never every think about taking you away from your mommy, she is the sweetest best mommy in the world” he said as he hugged his children.

“Does that mean you and mommy are going to get back together?” Howie Jr asked.

“I don’t know about that son, I think we will leave that up to your mommy” Howie said as he looked at the time on the clock. “Why don’t we get breakfast going for everyone, we’ll let mommy sleep in for today” He continued as he made his way into the kitchen with the triplets.

The smell of bacon eggs and pancakes soon filled the air waking up Marco, Ashley, and Alex. Marco helped the kids get ready for school as Howie cleaned up after their breakfast. Making sure everything was cleaned and the kids had all of their things, Howie decided to walk the kids to school today. On their way the kids showed Howie all of the neighbors and their favorite spots. Just as they got to the school Howie noticed Jake the kids P.E teacher.

“Ok, kids why don’t you guys go in I need to talk to your P.E Teacher for a second” He said and walked towards Jake.

“Look bra I don’t want any trouble” Jake said

“I only came here to apologize and to tell you to take care of Elizabeth, she is the best girl in the world” Howie said as he started to walk away.

“Don’t worry, I will take care of her” he said and walked towards the school.

Howie couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something off with Jake. However, he didn’t have enough evidence to think otherwise. He would just have to keep a sharp look out for anything off. In the distance Jake watched as Howie walked away. He took out his cell phone and dialed the familiar number.

“It’s me” he said losing the surfer accent.

“It looks like Elizabeth and Howie have parted ways, but I am not sure he

will let her go” He said to the person on the other line.

“Do whatever you have to do to keep them apart” Said the person on the other line.

“No problem” Jake said as he hung up the phone.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10128