Bite At Midnight : Hawthorne Castillo Y Casino by ResaD
Summary: "What if the story you knew about the Backstreet Boys and how they got together was a lie? What if I told you it was nothing more than a cover? And I knew the truth! For it was me that formed them, that followed them, that made them! Want to know the real story? Than you might want to read on!"

Nick wanted his dream to come true, to be somebody! He loved it. But what happened to him when he met that strange woman? His dream seemed so far away and she seemed so close. He longed to have her, yet, she offered him EVERYTHING his heart desired.
Dare he take it? What would he lose? Could he handle what she was offering?
I invite you to explore the start of the Bite At Midnight series and see how BSB became the BSB that we know.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Bite At Midnight Series
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2701 Read: 2941 Published: 07/16/10 Updated: 10/14/10

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Chapter 1
They always screamed! Every last female and it was intoxicating as hell! Why, because we were THEM. Welcome to the world of Backstreet, but in particular, welcome into the world of Nicholas Gene Carter, although, not the world that you think you know! Oh, no, what you think you knew is not the truth. The story you know of how Backstreet got together was made up to impress, to sell, and to cover! I’m going to take you on a journey, so you can see and understand just how we got to be the group, Backstreet. Let’s first say that what my world has become, the toughest don’t even want to tread through it. Perhaps I should take you back, back to the start, back to when there was no group, just me, back to when SHE walked into my life…


“That’s a daring bet.”

“You don’t get anywhere in this world if you live on the safe side.” Her lips lifted into a smile and damn was she sexy. Her eyes turned to the man who started rolling the ball, landing on the number that she had put all her chips on.

“Damn, that’s over 5,000 dollars.”

“5,250 to be exact.”

“I guess you do live dangerously.”

“Oh, on that cutie, you have no idea.”

“May I buy you a drink?”

“I might like that.”

“Names Nick.”

“Theresa. It’s a pleasure.”

“No, no, I have to say the pleasure is all mine.” She smiled and I was fixated on her lips.

“Be careful what you say, you don’t know who you’re talking to, you know.” With that, she gathered up all her chips and turned to walk away. She stopped, stood still for a moment and turned back around. She placed her hand on my arm and I felt a shock rush from that spot, down my spine, and straight to the lower part of my body. “Not every female you meet is a pleasure.”

“The beautiful ones are.” Those damn lips once more curved up.

“Those are the ones you should be weary of.”

“Don’t leave. What about that drink?” She cocked her head to the side and her eyes raked over me.

“I’ll be back around.” I watched her walk away, her hips swaying ever so lightly. She stopped, talked to the man who had been watching her and linked her arm through his. Well, if she was with him, he sure was allowed her to flirt with others! I sighed as I played with my chips, hearing a voice from the back of my mind to place a thousand dollars on the number she just played. I shook my head, but, thought better of it and placed that much on the number five. I just about fell out of my chair as the ball landed on the same number. I glanced around, seeing no one around me, nor seeing her. But, I knew that voice, even from the few moments of talking. It was slightly softer, slightly husky, slightly seductive, and oh so different. Damn, and all I had was a damn name to go on. But this casino was rather big, how was I going to find her? I ran my hand through my blonde locks and sighed, realizing that I just may not find her. That if I was going to see her again, and I truly wanted to for some unknown reason, she would be the one to find me. How I knew that, I couldn’t answer, but like that voice, I just felt it, just heard it. I shook my head, signaled that I wanted to cash out and made my way over to the bar.

“What can I get for you?”

“A sex on the beach,” the mysterious voice responded. I turned and looked at her, and felt the strain in my jeans. Oh hell, this was one woman that you certainly did not want to get mixed up with. But, when did I ever listen?
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2
I closed my eyes, sighing as I tried so very hard to clear my thoughts of her. Damn, I only saw her like twice! But, those eyes, that voice, they were just killers. I pictured what her eyes looked like when they were passion filled. Could hear her moans, her breathless gasps, her passion filled cries. I groaned, throwing my arm over my eyes, hoping that would blot out those images. I couldn’t begin to understand why my mind was thinking about her. Hell, she even had a boyfriend. At least, that’s who I assumed that tattoo freak was. And, if that was true, than they weren’t close because I know I saw him hitting on another female. I turned over on my side, seeing the red flow of my alarm clock. Shit, I had to be to work in four hours and still couldn’t sleep. I rolled my eyes and threw the covers off of me and walked over to the window, glancing out at the city lights. I leaned my forehead against the glass and freaked as I saw her eyes staring back at me. I quickly rubbed my eyes, heading into the shower. Damn, this was bad indeed.

-----
“Dude, you look horrible.” I glanced over at my brother and threw him my finger. I was not in the mood at all this morning. “What, you didn’t get laid last night?”

“Grow up some, Aaron.”

“I think you need a woman.”

“I think you two need to shut up. It’s time to work.” I glanced down at my watch, sighing for I knew I had to figure out a way to get out early today. I needed to go back to the casino, and not even to gamble. And that was a first for me.

-----
Five hours later, I made my way over to the location, or at least what I assumed was the location. At night, it looked more like a casino than it did now. In fact, it looked like it belonged to part of a rather old castle. Not that it wasn’t interesting, for it was, just not what I thought. I threw my car into park, gazing at the castle through the passenger window.

“Can I help you, Nick?” My head quickly turned around to look at her. My eyes raked over her attire, the black corset, the black pants, hot damn did she look good. I saw her smirk ever so slightly and started to shake my head.

“I got off of work early.”

“Thought you’d lose some more money?”

“I didn’t lose last night.”

“That you didn’t. I watched you actually. Left early though. I missed you.” I gulped. She missed me? How in the world was that possible?

“Thought you had a boyfriend.” She shrugged, so ever innocent.

“Not pre say. And you, are you single?”

“Maybe, why?”

“I don’t like women coming in the way of men that I like.” Oh, crap, there was that lump again! I was 25 here, why was I flippin getting tongue tied around her? She smiled, her hand reaching out to brush through my hair. “I’m sure you hear it all the time, but you have got amazing eyes. It’s sad to say someone as sexy as you hasn’t been snagged up yet.”

“Looking for the right woman.” Those lips that I was fascinated with tugged up into one hell of an evil, yet all too inviting, smile.

“You’ve found her, Mr. Cater. I got some things I have to do, will you by later?”

“You promise to visit me for more than a few minutes?” She leaned in through the window, her lips inches from mine.

“It’s a promise.” With that, her lips softy pressed against mine before she left, walking towards the castle. I rested my head against the head rest, dazed! I wasn’t usually one to go after fast women. But she was classy, and damn, she was sexy. And she could just be the one I saw myself with forever.

-----
She watched as the Cadillac drove away, her tongue running over her lips, still tasting that ever brief taste. She knew he entered the room, and could feel the anger rising up in him. And to herself, she had to smile.

“I don’t like him.”

“You wouldn’t.” She glanced over at him as he stepped up beside her.

“He’s too young.”

“Alexander, my love, jealousy doesn’t look good on you.”

“I’m not jealous.” She gave him a pointed look and he sighed. “I don’t think he’s the right one.” That earned him a rather heated stare. And he knew he was walking a rather thin line. She was smart, cunning, but very much a vampire, and one you didn’t want to piss off. Which, he was doing, he knew this, but he had to question her thinking.

“It’s not your job to think, it’s your job to do what I say.”

“Theresa, I’m aware. And I think I’ve been doing just that.”

“Than why are you questioning my judgment? Are you unhappy with the life I have given you these last precious days? Women fall at your feet. Men are jealous of you. The music, the fame, the tons of adoring fans will come. But, only when I can do what I’ve been planning on doing.”

“I know.”

“Than know this and understand this. These men I have appointed, I’ve been watching. Just like I watched you. I have set them up in my mind; they are getting what they want, exactly like how I worked it out with you.”

“It’s just…” Her hand was wrapped around his throat and he was pushed up against a wall before he could finish his sentence.

“I’m telling you for the last time, I know of what I do. You want to question it, fine, but you will join your lovers, for I will kill you myself!”
Chapter 3 by ResaD
Chapter 3
I walked around the room, feeling her eyes trained on me, although, I never once caught sight of her. I paused, watching as the ball went around the wheel, landing on the popular number and seeing this casino just hand out quite a few thousand dollars. I shook my head, turning to walk away, but almost bumping into a woman.

“Excuse me.” She looked startled for a moment before she smiled.

“No problem. I’m perfectly fine.” Her smile grew bigger as her eyes raked over me. “I’m Joan.”

“Nick. I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Oh, really, no worries! Unless you want to make it up to me by buying me a drink.” Inside, I had to smirk. If little Miss Theresa wasn’t willing to come out and play quite yet, than I really was guessing I would have to entertain myself.

“I believe I can manage that.” She turned to walk away, but stopped as the woman stood in front of her.

“Joan, I didn’t think I would ever see you here, of all places. My, you look amazing!” I cocked my head to the side, not buying the sweet voice that Theresa just spoke with.

“Why, thank you. I do try.”

“Yes, the young men always keep you looking young. I see you meet my Nick.” Hers? I recalled what she said earlier, but damn, she was serious. And not that I was minding at that current moment.

“Yours? I wasn’t aware he was spoken for, yet, that is.” Theresa’s eyes narrowed at the woman before she walked over to me, sliding her arm along my waist, her body pressed against mine.

“He very much is. I’m sorry.”

“Pity, he would have been fun to play with. Nick, it was a pleasure, although short lived.” I watched as she walked away before I turned questioning eyes to the woman who was still pressing against me.

“A woman you don’t want to get involved with, believe me. We go way back.”

“How far is way back?” Her shoulders shrugged and I knew that was the best answer I was getting out of her for now. “So, are you gonna tell me a little more about yourself.” Her hand slipped around my arm and she led me over to the main bar, shrugging.

“What do you wanna know?”

“First of all, what is he to you?” My eyes strayed to the end of the counter, watched as the tattooed man ordered something and one by one the females flocked to him. Her eyes followed mine and she smiled.

“Are you jealous, Nick?” Well, I didn’t want to deny it, because I was. I mean, he had her, it was obvious. And it was obvious something was there, what though, I wasn’t positive. Her eyes twinkled, as if she could read what my thoughts were.

“No, I’m not.” There it was again, that unbelievable smile.

“Alex and I have an open relationship. We’re not totally tied to one another.” Her body slid closer, her nails running down my arm.

“But you’re a couple?”

“If you want to be technical, yes, I suppose you could define us as that.”

“And yet you want me?”

“More than you know.” She licked her lips, those light brown eyes staring into mine. I brushed the hair back from her face, my hand cupping her cheek. She leaned up, her lips brushing mine. She moaned, her arms wrapped around my neck, her lips becoming urgent, demanding, possessive, all things I loved and all things I was more than willing to surrender to. Breathless moments later, we pulled away. My eyes darted around, thinking someone would be staring, but nope, no one was looking our way. “Here, a lot of things happen that people just don’t care about.”

“What do you mean?”

“No one would look at us. We don’t matter, almost.”

“I never thought…”

“No, your body said it all.” She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to my ear. “I like public displays. Even more here, because people just don’t care what other people do.” She nipped at my lobe, sending multiple shivers down my spine. She smirked as she pulled way, turned her attention the bar tender and ordered two drinks. A few seconds later, the older man placed the drink in front of me. I stared at before turning to her. “It’s a funky color, but believe me, it tastes great.” She picked hers up and took a sip, smiling as the liquid washed down her throat. Well, if I was going to die, it least I had a good life. I made a face before I sipped it, surprised to find it actually tasted pretty damn good.

“And it’s called what?”

“Lover’s bite. Don’t ask what’s in there. I just know it’s good. But come on, I think you need to win a little more money.”

-----
His eyes watched the couple, walking around the casino floor, stopping every so often. He hated questioning her, but damn it, Nick was so young, so…just not what he thought she would like.

“Don’t question her antics.” AJ’s hairs bristled on the back of his neck. He had been warned about Donovan, and that was a man AJ just didn’t like.

“I’m not questioning.”

“I already know she threatened you, her little love slave.” AJ growled low in his throat, letting the man next to him know he was not happy. “Has she told you what she wants?”

“Not yet. She says she will when the time is right.”

“And who knows when that will be. Theresa is powerful, but she’s also a vampire, shares most of our weaknesses.” AJ turned to Donovan, one black eyebrow raised up in a silent question.

“What is your point?”

“Help us over throw her!”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10164