It Started In Vegas, But Ended In Love by XredXXtearsX87
Summary: Vegas-story
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Follow Your Heart
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 18922 Read: 9401 Published: 07/18/10 Updated: 12/18/10
Story Notes:
Should read Fall For You First!

1. Prologue by XredXXtearsX87

2. Chapter 1 by XredXXtearsX87

3. Chapter 2 by XredXXtearsX87

4. Chapter 3 by XredXXtearsX87

5. Chapter 4 by XredXXtearsX87

6. Chapter 5 by XredXXtearsX87

7. Chapter 6 by XredXXtearsX87

Prologue by XredXXtearsX87
Author's Notes:
Well Okay here is Nick and Terri's story. Enjoy!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing is, as it seems. Two people, who you’d never peg to be together, are madly in love.
That was how it was for Nick Carter and Terri Smith. They really had nothing in common, but yet they were prefect for each other.
All it took was someone shoving them together to make them realize what was right there in front of them.
Who knew that one walk down the strip of Las Vegas, would change their lives forever.
It started in Vegas, but it ended in love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1 by XredXXtearsX87
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter One
~Nick’s POV~
Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight was the most boring thing ever. Laruen wasn’t really talking to me, she was off sitting with Leigh. AJ was wrapped up in Rochelle, literally. And Howie was on the phone with his Mom. Brian and Hailey were off talking to each other.
I looked up and saw Howie hang up his phone. He walked over and sat across from me.
“Bored?” He asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah, how can you tell?” I asked looking around again.
I saw Hailey stand up and walk away.
“I wonder where Hailey is going.” I said looking back to Howie.
“Want me to go find out?” He asked raising an eyebrow.
“If you want.” I said and waved him off.
He just shook his head and stood up. I just watched him walk away.
“So Nick, what’s going on between you and Hailey now?” AJ asked turning to me.
“Wow, you’re talking to me now?” I asked looking at him.
“Shut up Carter.” He said and rolled his eyes. “So?”
“Nothing we’ve gone back to not talking again.” I said looking towards Brian and Howie.
“You okay with them?” He asked.
“With who?” I asked looking at him.
“Bri and Hailey.” He said. “Duh.”
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked. “He’ll be good for her.”
“So you’re gonna give her up then?” He asked.
“She was never really mine to begin with.” I said shrugging. “The only man she’s ever belonged to is Brian.”
“That is so true.” He said and looked over at Brian. “She doesn’t look happy to see Howie talking to Brian.”
I looked over to see Howie throw up his hands and walk back over to us. He threw himself back in the chair he was sitting in before.
“She just went to get some water.” Howie said.
“What’s going on, she didn’t look to happy to see you.” I said.
“The shit is about to hit the fan.” Howie said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” AJ asked.
“We’re in for trouble.” Howie said.
“Aren’t we always?” I asked.
“Yeah well this time it’s not Hailey’s fault.” Howie said and sighed.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“I have no idea where to start.” Howie said. “It’s really complicated.”
“Does it have anything to do with what Hailey tired to talk to me about?” I asked.
“Partly, but most of it has to do with Brian and Hailey.” Howie said.
“Is everything okay?” AJ asked.
“For now, yes it is.” Howie said. “But I have a feeling soon the gloves are going to come off and someone’s gonna get hurt.”
“Is there anything we can do to help?” AJ asked.
“No, this is something they have to figure out on their own.” Howie said. “So Nick what did you do to piss Laruen off?”
“I have no idea.” I said ran my fingers through my hair. “But apparently it was something bad.”
“Like sleeping with Hailey?” AJ asked.
“Yeah like that.” I said. “How she found out I have no clue.”
“Who knows?” AJ said and shrugged. “I’m shocked you kept it hidden for so long.”
“Yeah me too.” I said. “I really just can’t wait to get to Vegas.”
“Why so you can get in more trouble then you are already in?” Howie asked and raised an eyebrow at me. “That sounds like such a good idea.”
“Dude lay off please.” I said.
“Sorry.” Howie said as the girls walked over to us.
“What are you three talking about?” Leigh asked sitting next to Howie.
“Relaxing in Vegas.” AJ said and grinned at Rochelle.
She just laughed and shook her head.
“What?” AJ asked. “You know you’re looking forward to it.”
“Yes, I am, but it would be so much better if Hailey wasn’t here.” Rochelle said.
“How can you say that?” AJ asked. “You don’t even know Hailey. She’s not as bad as you think she is.”
“Flight 396 to Las Vegas is now boarding.” The announcer said.
“About damn time.” I said standing up.
“We still got a three hour flight there Nick.” Howie said standing up.
“Don’t remind me.” I said and sighed.
“You’ll be okay.” AJ said and slapped me on the shoulder. “Oh lookie, here comes the happy couple.”
“Oh joy.” Laruen said and rolled her eyes.
I turned and glared at her, she just rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms over her chest.
Hailey had a huge smile on her face when she stopped by us.
“So are you going to try and keep Hailey under control this time around?” AJ asked Brian.
“This is Hailey we are talking about.” Brian said. “She does what she wants, when she wants.”
“And I am standing right here.” Hailey said. “Plus J, we all know you love it when I cause trouble.”
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Baby.” AJ said and flung his arm over Hailey’s shoulders.
“I never made a promise that I never kept.” She said and wrapped her arms around AJ. “Remember the last time we were in Vegas. I made your dreams come true.”
“You are such a damn tease.” AJ said.
Hailey just pulled away from him and laughed.
“Let’s get this show in the air.” Hailey said and smiled.
“Don’t even think about it.” Brian said.
“To late for that.” She said looking at Brian.
“Do we even want to know?” Leigh asked.
“No.” Brian said. “No you don not.”
“We really should have rented a privet jet.” Hailey said and sighed. “It would have been so much fun.”
“For you maybe.” Howie said.
“Oh you know you liked the idea.” Hailey said and walked away.
“We’re in trouble aren’t we?” I asked.
“Aren’t we always?” Brian asked looking at me.
“That’s what I was afraid of.” I said and a followed Hailey on to the plane.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When we pulled up in front of the hotel and stopped the car, Hailey was out of the car before the driver put the car in park. Leigh wasn’t far behind her. And as soon as the rest of us were out of the car Leigh and Hailey linked arms and skipped up to the hotel.
Brian and Howie were right behind them.
“Where are they going?” I asked looking at AJ.
“Nick, I know you’re blonde and all, but can’t you see that they are following Leigh and Hailey?” AJ asked and raised an eyebrow at me.
“Shut up.” I said and pushed him.
“Let’s get inside before someone recognizes you two.” Rochelle said rolling her eyes.
“Right.” I said and grabbed Laruen and mine bags.
AJ did the same for his and Rochelle’s bags.
When we reached Brian and Howie, we were just in time to see Hailey and Leigh walk away with someone else. Someone I never thought I’d see again. Not after what happened last time.
God she looked as good as she did the last time I saw her. She hasn’t changed at all in the last two years. Hell she looks even better then before.
“Oh God.” Howie said as they walked away
“I second that.” Brian said as AJ and I waked over to them.
“Was that who I think it was?” AJ asked.
“Yup.” Howie and Brian both said.
“Well shit.” I said.
“What’s going on?” Lauren asked.
“Terri’s here.” I said as my heart started to beat faster.
“And that is who?” Rochelle asked.
“Hailey’s best friend.” Brian answered.
“That’s a good thing right?” Laruen asked.
We all turned and looked at her.
“No, it’s a really, really bad thing.” AJ said. “We’re in so much trouble.”
“How can two people cause so much trouble?” Rochelle asked.
“Very easily.” Brian said. “They only get together once or twice a year.”
“Why?” Laruen asked.
“You’ll just have to wait and see.” Howie said and shook his head. “Well let’s go check in.”
“Where did Leigh go?” Rochelle asked.
“With the Devil Twins.” Brian said.
“That’s your best friend.” I said.
“I know it’s why I can call her that.” Brian said and laughed. “Plus it’s true.”
“I guess she was right when she said this would be a trip we’d never forget.” Howie said.
“Don’t forget you just let your wife walk away with them.” Brian said and headed for the front desk.
“Fuck.” Howie said and followed Brian.
“This really is going to be a long three days.” AJ said.
“What makes you say that?” Laruen asked.
“Like Brian said they are the Devil Twins.” AJ said. “But so much fun.”
“Hailey is bad enough on her own, I can’t imagine the two of them together.” Rochelle said.
“Oh you have idea.” I said as Brian and Howie walked back over to us.
“Have no idea about what?” Brian asked.
“Hailey and Terri.” I said.
“Yeah. I’m shocked she was able to keep it a secret.” Brian said. “I had no idea Terri would be here.”
“You didn’t know?” I asked shocked. “She can’t keep anything from you.”
“She’s been learning to keep stuff from me.” Brian said and shrugged.
“I’d really like to get out of the lobby.” Howie said and held out our keys. “So here are your keys.”
“Thanks.” I said as I took mine from him.
“No prob.” Howie said.
“I’m gonna head up.” Brian said walked away.
“What’s up with him?” I asked.
“Hailey issues.” Howie said. “So what do you guys wanna do this afternoon?”
“What about golf?” I asked. “We haven’t played in a while.”
“You really want me to kick your ass again?” AJ asked.
“You wish.” I said and smiled at him.
“I’m hungry for a sandwich; I wonder where I can find one.” AJ said and smiled at me.
“Not happening.” I said laughing. “Come on Laruen, I need a shower.”
She didn’t say anything as we walked away from the group.
“What fuck was that about?” She asked once we were in the elevator.
“Just AJ trying to get to me.” I said. “It was nothing.”
“It didn’t seem like nothing.” She said.
“It was nothing.” I said. “Why don’t you believe me?”
“Because you’ve been lying to me the whole time we’ve been dating.” She said as the door opened.
I didn’t say anything as we stepped off the elevator and walked to our room.
Once the door was shut, I dropped the bags and looked at Laruen.
“What the fuck are you talking about?” I asked.
“You’ve been lying to me about seeing other girls.” She said. “I trusted you and you broke that trust.”
“There hasn’t been anyone else but you.” I said. “Where did you get the idea that I was cheating on you?”
“From Leighann.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“You’d believe her over me?” I asked. “I’ve never given you a reason not to trust me.”
“Leighann tells me that you’re still hooking up with Hailey.” She said. “And have been since you were 19.”
“Yes, Hailey and I’ve hooked up many times over the years, but when we started to date, we stopped.” I said and touched her face. “She understood that I was serious about you.”
“I really wish I could believe you, but I can’t.” She said and walked away from me. “Rochelle and I are going to go shopping.”
I didn’t say anything as I watched her walk from the room.
Damnit, Leighann really needed to keep her damn mouth shut.
I sighed and went to the door and locked it. I needed to be alone right now.
I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. But then I was right back up pacing the floor.
I had no idea what to do, I haven’t been happy with way Laruen has been treating me lately, but I really didn’t want to be alone anymore.
I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed yet again.
I yanked my shirt over my head and headed to the bathroom, maybe I’d feel somewhat better after I took a shower.
Or maybe not. Seeing as Terri has and still is hunting my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
I was getting bored standing waiting for Hailey to get here. She sent me a text message about a half hour ago, saying that they were leaving the airport. I wonder what was taking so damn long. I was so ready to get my party on.
I really just couldn’t wait to see the look on Brian’s face when he saw me. It was hard to believe but Hailey was able to keep me being here from him. And I wasn’t sure if I wanted to see Nick again.
“Oh my God!” I yelled as I spotted Hailey walking in with Leigh. “Hailey!”
“Oh my God! Terri!” Hailey said and hugged me. “I so happy you’re here.”
“Is that?” I heard Howie ask.
“Yeah. We’re in trouble now.” Brian said not sounding to thrilled to see me.
“What’s wrong?” Leigh asked confused.
“Hailey and Terri together again.” I said as Hailey dragged me over to them.
“Guys, you remember my friend Terri?” Hailey asked.
“Who could forget her?” Howie asked. “Good to see you again Terri.”
“We’re gonna have so much fun.” Hailey said. “Leigh, you ready to party Vegas Hailey style?”
“I have no idea what I’m getting myself into, but Hell yea.” Leigh said.
“Boys, be nice and take our bags up stairs, we’ve got plans.” Hailey said. “See you for dinner.”
We walked off just as the other were coming in. I tell you my breath caught in my throat as I saw Nick. I quickly turned back to face the girls.
God did he look good, not that he didn’t before. I can’t believe after all this time he still makes my heart miss a beat every time I see him.
I really wish we would have finished what we started two years ago. If it hadn’t been for Hailey, we would have. But maybe that it was for the best that we didn’t. Neither of us wanted to hurt Hailey.
Out of all the guys, Nick held a special spot in her heart. And the same could be said for Nick. No matter how fucked up their relationship is, they really do love each other.
“Dude Terri, are you with us?” Hailey asked snapping her fingers in my face.
“Sorry, I was thinking.” I said.
“About Nicky boy?” Hailey asked.
“How the hell did you know that?” I asked.
“I know all.” Hailey said and smiled.
“That’ s bull shit and you know it. You know something.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“I really don’t know what you are talking about.” Hailey said smiling.
“You can’t lie to me.” I said and shook my head. “I’ve known you for to long. What are you hiding form me?”
“There is a time and place for everything, but this is neither.” Hailey said. “So what do we want to do?”
“What do you usually do when you come to Vegas?” Leigh asked.
“You really don’t want to know the answer to that.” I said.
“Last time I was here with the boys, Nick, AJ and I had a lot of fun.” Hailey said. “We’ll just leave it at that.”
“That would be a very good idea.” I said and shook my head. “So what are we doing?”
“Who wants to get a tattoo??” Hailey asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2 by XredXXtearsX87
Chapter Two
~Nick’s POV~
After we played 18 holes, we decided to get lunch. The guys would not leave me alone. Since I just played my worst game of golf ever, but it really wasn’t my fault, I couldn’t stop thinking about Terri.
“Dude Nick, where the Hell are you?” AJ asked slapping me in the back of the head. “That had to be your worst game, ever.”
“I have a lot on my mind.” I said and shrugged.
“Like Miss. Terri?” Brian asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Among other things, yes.” I said. “Can’t we just go get lunch? I’m hungry.”
“You’re always hungry.” Howie said and rolled his eyes.
“I hope Hailey and Terri corrupt your wife.” I said.
“Oh God.” Howie said and groaned.
I just smiled as we walked into Apple B’s.
“Don’t worry Howie, I’m sure whatever they do won’t be bad.” AJ said.
“This is Hailey and Terri we are talking about here.” Howie said. “There’s a good reason why we haven’t hung out with both of them in two years.”
“Besides the fact that we all almost ended up in jail, the last time all of us were together?” Brian asked.
“That wasn’t really their fault.” I said. “Paris had a lot to do with it.”
“Meaning what?” Brian asked.
“It’s a funny story.” I said and rubbed the back of my neck.
“What did Hailey do?” Brian asked.
“It was actually Terri’s idea. Hailey just went along with it, well because we all know that she hated Paris, with a passion.” I said. “Paris was talking shit, and Terri and Hailey happened to over hear it.”
“So who started it?” Howie asked.
“I’m not really sure.” I said and rubbed the back on my neck. “But Terri ended it.”
“Isn’t that the night you almost slept with her?” Brian asked.
“Almost?” AJ asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Hailey walked in on us.” I said. “Granted she was drunk, but it kinda ruined the mood.”
“Damn.” AJ said. “You have no luck when it comes to Terri, do you?”
“No not at all.” I said and shook my head.
“How many?” The Hostess asked.
“Four.” Howie said.
“Right this way.” She said and smiled at us.
We followed behind her. As soon as she walked away, they all turned to me.
“What?” I asked putting down my menu.
“So are you gonna grow a pair and finally tell Terri how you feel?” Brian asked.
“Damn, you really have been spending way to much time with Hailey.” I said ignoring his question.
“Just answer the question.” Brian said and rolled his eyes.
“Why would I do that?” I asked. “I still have Laruen.”
“Just admit that Laruen is a bitch and get rid of her.”AJ said. “It’ll be good for you to have a real woman around for once.”
“A real woman?” I asked. “What is that supposed to mean?”
“Do I really need to start listing the fake bitches you’ve dated over the last eleven years?”AJ asked. “Because if you really want me to, I will.”
“Okay I get it.” I said and rolled my eyes. “I’ve dated a lot of bitches.”
“And Terri is a real woman.” Howie said.
“So is Hailey.” I said.
“Yeah, but sorry to break it to you, she’s mine.” Brian said.
“Dully noted.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Don’t be a smart ass.” Brian said. “She’s really trying.”
“If anyone can tame the beast it will be you Bri.” Howie said laughing.
“I highly doubt anyone can really tame her.” I said. “She’s too much of a free sprit for anyone to really tame her.”
“Way to bring a man down.” Brian said.
“Sorry, you better then anyone should know that.” I said and shrugged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
After dinner, Hailey and I headed back up to my room. She was acting weird for her.
Something was bothering her and I really wanted to know what it was, but I also knew she wouldn’t tell me until she was ready to.
“Do you really think this is a good idea?” I asked for the hundredth time.
“Why wouldn’t it be?” Hailey asked. “Everything is going according to plan.”
“That’s what’s bothering me.” I said sitting up on the bed. “Things are going to well.”
“What do you mean?” Hailey asked and sat down on the bed.
“The other girls just took it to well.” I said. “I just don’t like it. Can you really trust Leigh not to spill?”
“We’ll see won’t we?” Hailey asked standing up again.
“She knows that you slept with Brian.” I said.
“I know.” Hailey said.
“What if she tells Leighann?” I asked. “Hell, even the other two?”
“It’s all part of the plan.” She said and walked into the bathroom.
“This seems a little bigger then revenge.” I said following her.
“Let’s just say that Leigh and I have come to an understanding.” Hailey said looking at me.
“What kind on understanding?” I asked really confused.
“I’ll explain later, we don’t have time now, I have to take a shower then get down stairs.” Hailey said. “Can I trust you to do your part?”
“Just promise me that no ones gonna get hurt.” I said and sighed.
“No more then the damage that has already been done,” She said. “I know you don’t understand but things were set into motion way before I came along.”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“I’ll explain later, but right now, I have to get ready.” She said.
“Hailey what have you gotten yourself into this time?” I asked.
“Something I wish I would never have.” She said shut the bathroom door in my face.
I sighed and sat back on the bed.
This trip really wasn’t turning out they way I had planned. Hailey has once again dragged me into something that I really didn’t want to be in the middle of, but really had no choice in the matter.
After Hailey was dressed, she left me the address and then took off, saying she needed time to get ready. I really had a bad feeling about this.
I was sick of waiting in my room, so I made my way down stairs early. As I walked into the lobby I saw Nick sitting by himself. I walked over and sat across from him.
“Hey Nicky.” I said.
“How are you doing Terri?” He asked. “God it’s been too long.”
“I’m doing good, staying busy. It’s just not the same without Hailey around.” I said. “What about you?”
“I’m doing, just taking it day by day.” He said. “Trying to keep Hailey and Laruen from killing each other.”
“God that sucks being stuck between your two loves.” I said.
“I’m not really sure if I really do love Laruen.” He said quietly.
“And Hailey?” I asked.
“I’ll always love her, but we never really worked.” He said. “Don’t get me wrong, we have great sex, but that’s about it.”
“I see.” I said really starting to get to confused.
“Yeah, I really kinda have my eye set on someone else.” He said.
“She must be a really lucky girl.” I said.
God this is not what I really wanted to be hearing. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted him to be happy, but damnit when was I going to get my chance.
“You okay Terri?” Nick asked breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said brushing him off. “Where are the others?”
Before he could say anything the other three walked up to us.
“You guys ready?” I asked standing up.
“Where’s Hailey?” Brian asked.
“She went ahead to set up.” I said. “Let’s go.”
“Nick dude what did you do?” I heard Howie whisper to Nick.
“I have no idea.” Nick said to Howie.
Of course, he had no idea what he said. God sometimes he really was blonde.
I knew I had no right really to be pissed, but God was I. I’ve waited for a long ass time for my chance with Nick. If it hadn’t been for Hailey walking in on us that night, I would have at least had that, but no, she had to go and fuck that up for me. And what makes it worse she didn’t even know.
God I really wanted to his something or someone.
“Where are we going?” Brian asked me yet again.
“I have no idea; I’m just taking y’all the address that Hailey gave me.” I said and sighed. “So please stop asking.”
“Sorry.” Brian said.
“Whatever.” I muttered.
“What’s wrong Terri?” Nick asked putting his arm around my shoulders.
“Nothing that has to do with you.” I said and shrugged Nick’s arm off.
“What did Hailey do to piss you off?” AJ asked.
“She’s playing with fire and is going to get burned.” Ii said as I stomped a head of them.
“Any idea what the hell’s going on?”I heard AJ asked.
“No, you Howie?” Brian asked.
“No, Leigh said they all had a good time today.” Howie said. “It must have happened after dinner.”
“Will you three shut your pie holes and move it!” I yelled.
I was pissed and they really were just making it that much more worse. She better make this up to me somehow.
“I’m gonna kill her.” I said through gritted teeth. “This is going way too far.”
“Why are we here?” Brian asked.
“The best torturer in the world.” AJ said and grinned.
“Well I’m glad someone’s happy about being here.” I said.
“We shouldn’t keep her waiting.” AJ said and tossed his arm over my shoulders. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fine.”
“No it won’t.” I said. “This shouldn’t be happening.”
God I really was going to kill her for this, damnit.
“What do you know that the rest of us don’t, Terri?” Nick asked.
I turned and looked at Nick. It almost hurt to look at him now, knowing he was thinking of someone else.
“Not enough apparently.” I said and shook my head.
“Well we shouldn’t keep her waiting.” AJ said again.
“Right.” I said and led us in side.
No one said anything as we walked inside.
I didn’t say anything as I led them to the table right up front. AJ and Howie sat down with Nick next to AJ. Brian was on the other side of Nick. I took the last seat on the other side of Brian the farthest from Nick I could get.
I really tired to ignore Nick as he leaned over to Brian to talk. But I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. Every few minutes I found myself cutting my eyes over to him.
I wasn’t really shocked to see Brian ordered a drink. I knew better then anyone, besides Hailey, that Brian could knock ‘em back with the best of them. It’s why I was shocked that they never had sex, up until now. Or maybe they were just lying to us all. I wouldn’t be shocked about that.
As the opening notes of ‘Hologram’ came on, I looked up at the stage to see Hailey come out wearing a long black coat.
In stead of watching Hailey, I was watching the boys watch her. Every so often, I would see Nick cut his eyes to me and then would look back at the stage. It was highly amusing to watch.
After Hailey was done, we all stood up and made our way to the VIP area, but before Brian and I could reach it, he pulled me aside.
“What happened between you and Nick?” He asked.
“Nothing why?” I asked.
“He said something to hurt you.” He said. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”
“I’m fine, don’t worry Bri.” I said and patted him on the shoulder.
“He’s really into you, ya know.” He said.
“What are you talking about?” I asked confused. “I thought he was into someone new.”
“You are new.” He said. “He told me what happened that night. How much he really hated Hailey for walking in on you guys.”
“That’s really touching and all Brian, but he’s still with Laruen.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“Not if Hailey has anything to do with it.” He said. “She really hates Laruen.”
“Tell me something I don’t know.” I said and rolled my eyes. “But what does that have to do with anything?”
“You know Hailey, she’s planning something.” He said. “I’m not sure what but it’s something big.”
“And you’re telling me this why?” I asked.
“Because I’m worried about her.” I said. “You know how she can get.”
“Then talk to her, she listens to you more then me anyways.” I said.
“I’ve tired she won’t tell me shit.” He said and ran his fingers through his hair.
“You’ve really been hanging out with her way to long.” I said shaking my head. “So tell me, you guys have really only slept together once in the whole time you’ve known each other, besides the first time.”
“Yes, it’s just been once.” He said. “At one time I really did love my wife.”
“What are you going to do when she finds out?” I asked.
“We’re taking it one day at a time.” He said and sighed. “I’m gonna go talk to her.”
“Just remember to lock the door.” I said and walked away laughing.
In stead of heading up to the VIP, I headed to the bar. If I was going to make it through the night, I was going to need a drink.
“You really don’t need that.” Nick said in my ear scaring the crap out of me.
“You scared the shit of me Nick.” I said turning around to face him. “Did you want something?”
“You.” He said and trapped me between the bar and his body. “I’m tired of waiting.”
“Waiting for what?” I asked running my hand up his arms.
He didn’t say anything he just dipped his head and kissed me.
I pulled away from Nick and looked in his eyes searching for the truth of his actions.
“What was that for?” I asked.
“Because I felt like it.” He said and shrugged.
“What about Laruen?” I asked, not that I really cared or anything.
“We’re over, she just doesn’t know it yet.” He said.
“That’s good.” I said. “I’m glad you’re back to normal.”
“Babe, when have I ever been normal?” He asked and cupped my face.
“Good point.” I said and laughed
“I’ve missed you.” He said and kissed me again.
Really his kisses should be illegal. He could bring any women to her knees with one kiss. No wonder Hailey never wanted to give him up.
Nick pulled away from me and took my hand.
“Let’s go over to the others before I take you right here.” He said.
I didn’t say anything as I let him drag me over to the VIP area.
When we got up there Nick went right to the couch to sit down. I tired to sit next to him, but he’d have none of that. He pulled me on to his lap and wouldn’t let me slid off.
“Nick, what are you doing?” I asked.
“I thought I was pretty clear,” He said. “Do I need to kiss you again?”
“What about this new chick you’re after?” I asked.
He just started to laugh almost knocking me to the floor.
“Terri that would be you.” He said laughing harder. “I’ve been waiting for you to come visit Hailey, since she joined the tour.”
“Really?” I asked shocked.
“Hell yea! I’ve been wanting to make that night up to you.” He said. “This is just the first chance I’ve gotten.”
“Just so you know, I’m not sleeping with you until you break up with Laruen.” I said.
“And I wouldn’t expect you to.” He said. “I really want this to work. So starting off by cheating on my soon to be ex.”
“But you’re good with cheating on her with Hailey?” I asked and raised an eyebrow at him.
“God she really does tell you everything.” He said and shook his head.
But he was smiling.
“We’re best friends.” I said and shrugged. “Don’t you tell Brian everything?”
“Well yeah.” He said.
“Then why are you shocked that I tell Hailey everything?” I asked.
“I have no idea.” He said. “Enough about her.”
“What do you have in mind?” I asked.
He just wiggled his eyebrows and then brought my head to his so he could kiss me.
“We’re going to the new club at the hotel, you guys coming?” Hailey asked once again ruining our moment.
“Sure, sounds like fun.” Nick said shrugging it off.
“I’m in.” I said looking up at her.
Hailey pulled her out of her pocket and looked down a it smiling.
“What’s up with the grin on your face?” I asked and lifted an eyebrow at her.
“I’ll tell you when we get to the hotel.” Hailey said.
“Okay.” I said and slipped off Nick’s lap.
We linked arms and walked out of the VIP area, leaving her bags for Brian and AJ to carry.
Once we were alone outside, I pulled her side.
“What the hell is going on?” I asked.
“You’re gonna help me break Nick and Laruen up.” Hailey said.
“Why so you can have him to yourself?” I asked.
“No, so you can have him.” I said. “I see the way you two look at each other.”
“What are you talking about?” I asked trying to hide it.
“I saw the way he watched you when I was on stage.” Hailey said. “I know he’s interested in you.”
“I know you don’t like her, but why break them up?” I asked.
“She’s been cheating on him for the last six months.” Hailey said.
“He’s cheated on her,” I said. “Or did you forget?”
“I didn’t forget.” Hailey said. “But cheatings not all she’s done.”
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Not here.” Hailey said as the Boys caught up with us.
“What’s the hurry?” AJ asked.
“Girl talk.” Hailey and I both said.
“AKA, we don’t want to know.” Brian said and rolled his eyes.
“I have taught you well.” Hailey said.
“That’s not all you’ve taught me.” Brian said and smiled. “There that one trick with your tongue.”
“Actually Justin taught me that.” Hailey said with a straight face. “So you can thank him for it.”
“Was it the Justin, I’m thinking it was?” I asked not believing she was actually talking about him.
“Oh yeah.” Hailey said and smirked.
“God, you really are a slut.” I said.
“I know.” Hailey said and shrugged. “I just love sex.”
“Remind me why I’m friends with you again.” I said.
She just pointed to the four men standing behind her.
“Right.” I said.
“Plus you love me.” Hailey said and wrapped her arm around Brian’s waist.
“Ugh, and you never let me forget it.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Don’t worry Babe, I’ll make you forget all about her.” Nick said and pulled me to him.
“See there you go.” Hailey said smiling at me.
I rolled my eyes as we headed back to the hotel. I wasn’t so sure I was going to like her plan. She has been known to come up with some real crazy shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3 by XredXXtearsX87
Author's Notes:
So here's the next chapter. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again. I'm moving next week, so it may be awhile... I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Three
~Nick’s POV~
As soon as we got to the club and got up to the VIP area, Hailey was dragging Terri off the dance floor. I couldn’t help but follow them with my eyes. I got up and leaded on the rail of the VIP area.
“They’re beautiful together aren’t they?” Brian asked standing next to me. “Makes you wonder what kind of friends they are.”
“God, you really have been hanging out with Hailey to much.” I said laughing. “I’d expect AJ to say something like that, but not you.”
“Why not?” He asked and raised an eyebrow at me. “Ya know I’m not as innocent as you guys think I am.”
“I’m beginning to see that now.” I said and turned back to watch the girls dance.
I couldn’t keep my eyes off them. They were so hott together, just like I always thought they would be.
“Maybe we should separate them before someone else does it for us.” Brian said.
“Best idea I’ve heard in a while.” I said. “Let’s go.”
He just laughed as he followed me down to the dance floor. As we got closer, I say Hailey say something to Terri and then pull her closer and then Terri said something back to her as she wrapped her arms around Hailey’s neck. It was like an instant hard on.
I was so into watching the girls that I didn’t even notice that Brian had ditched me to walk around the other side of Hailey, so she wouldn’t see him coming.
I walked up behind Terri as Brian walked up behind Hailey. I grabbed Terri and pulled her to me. Her and Hailey shared a look as they let go of each other. Terri turned in my arms and then she wrapped hers around my neck.
“Hello Mr. Carter.” Terri said in my ear. “I see we’re happy tonight.”
“God, you have no idea.” I said and pulled her closer to me. “You really have no idea what you do to me.”
“Oh I think I have a pretty good idea.” She said and cupped my package. “You’re a lot bigger then I remember.”
“God, you live to tease me don’t you?” I asked.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She said and turned around in my arms and pushed her backside into me.
I groaned and pulled her closer to me. I was so lost into what Terri was doing to me. I wasn’t paying attention to anything that was going on around me. Not until I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder.
“You hurt her, I will kill you.” Hailey said. “Break up with Laruen.”
Before I could say anything back to her or even look at her, she was back in Brian’s arms. I shrugged it off and got lost once again in what Terri was doing to me.
She was dangerous to any male that she meets. I thank my lucky stars that she’s mine, or at least she will be soon enough.
Once again, she turned in my arms to face me. She grinned up at me, then ran her hand down her neck, over her chest, and then down to her hip. I had no control over my eyes as they followed her hand.
Fuck, I wanted her more then I’ve ever wanted anyone before. God I never knew she could dance like this.
“You okay there lover?” Terri asked and then licked the shell of my ear. “You seem a little tense.”
“I wonder why?” I asked and kissed her neck. “You’re being a damn tease tonight. Just remember what comes around goes around.”
“I can’t wait.” She said and ran her finger over my chest. “I’ve been waiting two years.”
“I know, so I have I.” I said.
“And just think all you have to do is break up with Laruen and I’m all yours.” She said and ran her finger around the top of my jeans.
I don’t think I could become any harder then I already was. If she didn’t watch it I was going to cream my pants and soon.
I dipped my head down to kiss her, but before I could kiss her, someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me away from Terri. I turned to see Laruen standing there glaring at me.
Quickly a crowd gathered around us. This was going to end badly and soon.
“What the hells going on?” Hailey asked looking at Terri.
“Laruen.” Terri said
“Shit.” Hailey said and walked over to us.
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing, Nick?” Laruen asked screaming.
“I was dancing with Terri.” I said. “It was no big deal.”
“No big deal? Are you fucking her to?” Laruen screamed as the music stopped.
Everyone around us stopped and looked at us.
Hailey walked over to Laruen and grabbed her arm.
“This is not the time or place to do this.” Hailey said.
“Let go of me you fucking whore.” Laruen said and slapped Hailey.
“That was uncalled for.” I said. “What is wrong with you?”
“This is over.” Laruen said and stomped away.
Before I could go after her, Hailey grabbed my arm.
“Don’t.” Hailey said. “Take Terri and get out of here.”
I didn’t say anything; I just turned and held my hand out for Terri, who took it. We walked away together.
As we head out of the club and back to her room, Terri pulled me into the stair well. I just raised an eyebrow at her.
“Don’t give me that look Carter.” She said and sat down on the stairs. “I just wanna make sure you’re okay.”
“Yeah, I’m okay.” I said. “I don’t think I would be without you.”
“You’re such a sweet talker.” She said and laughed.
“I’m serious.” I said and sat next to her. “I’m really glad you’re here.”
“I’m really glad I’m here to.” She said and touched my face.
I cupped her face in my hand and stared into her eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
I looked away from Nick’s gaze, it was becoming way to intense for me. I heard Nick laugh softly. I turned back and looked at him.
“Come on, I don’t want to spend the night in the stair well.” He said and stood up.
“Good idea, do you want to stay with me in my room?” I asked looking up at him.
“I wouldn’t be anywhere else tonight.” He said and held his hand out for me to take.
“Let’s go get your stuff from your room, before Laruen can steal anything else that belongs to you.” I said and took his hand.
“I’m guessing Hailey told you then.” He asked letting go of my hand.
“I really didn’t give her much of a choice.” I said. “Don’t be mad at her. I had to have a good reason why to help break you two up.”
“You know all you had to do was tell me that you wanted me to be yours and I would have dumped her for you.” He said and pulled me to him. “You really didn’t have to go through all this.”
“But this was so much more fun.” I said and batted my eyelashes.
“You are evil my Lady.” He said and kissed my forehead.
“Only to you, my kind Sir.” I said and pulled away from him. “Come on, if we get this done soon, maybe we can take a walk down the strip.”
“Sounds good to me.” He said and took my hand in his.
“One of these days we will have to talk about what happened.” I said looking at him.
“But not tonight.” He said. “When the time is right I will tell you all that has happened.”
“Okay, but you can leave out where you’ve had sex with my best friend.” I said. “I really don’t like the fact that you two have been together.”
“She only has eyes for Brian now.” He said. “And I only have eyes for you.”
“You really are such a sweet talker.” I said and laughed as I opened the door.
Nick just laughed and followed me over to the elevators.
Once we got to his floor, he led me down to his room. He slid his keycard and then opened the door. I walked in first and didn’t see anyone in the room.
“What are you doing?” Nick asked.
“Checking to see if Laruen was in here.” I said and moved out of the way so he could come in.
“Oh I see.” He said and shut the door behind him.
I shook my head and made my way farther into the room. I looked around and didn’t see anything.
“It’s in the bedroom.” Nick said as if he could read my mind.
“Right.” I said and looked at him.
He just laughed and pulled me closer to him.
“We’re gonna have a lot of fun.” He said and bent his head to kiss me.
He teased my lips with his. Finally, I got sick of it so I pulled his head down to mine and crashed our lips together.
Nick pulled away breathless. He smiled down at me.
“That was hot.” He said.
“It’s about to get hotter in here Mr. Carter.” I said and pulled away from him. “We should get your things so we can go to my room.” I said.
“Or we could just stay here.” He said and pulled me to him again.
He leaned down and kissed my neck.
“Right where Laruen can walk in on us at any time.” I said and raised any eyebrow out him. “I’m not like Hailey. I don’t like people walking in on me while I’m having sex.”
“What are you talking about?” He asked.
“What you don’t know?” I asked. “Hailey’s the reason Sara finally left AJ.”
“Really?” He asked.
“Yeah, somehow she set it up where Sara got home to find them in bed together.” I said. “But I’m not going to risk Laruen walking in on us.”
“Fine,” He said and kissed me again.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.
I knew I shouldn’t have, but I let myself get lost in his kiss. I didn’t even notice when Nick’s hands started to run up and down my back, under my shirt.
I didn’t pull away until I heard a door slam. We both turned and saw Laruen standing there glaring at us.
“Well you two didn’t waste anytime.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest. “God Nick was I just something to keep your bed warm while you waited for her?”
“No, at one point I thought I did love you.” Nick said. “But you’ve lied and cheated, how can I trust you?”
“What are you talking about? I’ve been nothing but faithful to you!” She yelled.
“Did you really think that you could get away with it?” He asked.
“What are you talking about?” She asked.
“You cheating on him and the fact that you were stealing his money.” I said. “God all you had to do was ask and he would have given you anything you wanted, you really didn’t have to go behind his back like that.”
“You have no idea what you’re even talking about.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“Whatever game you and Leighann are playing is coming to an end.” I said. “If you think that Hailey and I will let the two of you get away with this, then well you’re in for a rude awaking.”
“Do you really think you can stop us?” She asked.
“Babe, we already have.” I said and rolled my eyes. “Hailey put a stop to it weeks ago. And that all you took is back in Nick’s account.”
“How?” She asked.
“Hailey isn’t just some writer.” I said and rolled my eyes. “She graduated at the top of her class at Harvard Law. But then deiced that wasn’t the life she wanted.”
“I don’t believe you. All I’ve seen is a whore who goes after guys she can’t have.” She said. “That’s why she’s going after Brian.”
I just laughed and shook my head.
“Laruen, you’re just being a bitch because Nick dumped you on your ass.” I said.
“If I remember I broke up with him.” She said.
“No we were over a long time ago.” Nick said.
“Then why keep me around?” She asked.
Nick just shrugged.
“You piece of shit.” She said and moved to slap him.
I grabbed her arm and stopped her from slapping him.
“Let go of me, you slut.” She said and tired to pull her arm out of my grasp.
“Ya know pissing me off is not a good idea.” I said and tightened my hold on her arm.
“Do you really think Nick will stick with you?” She asked. “Because if you do you are really mistaken, he only loves Hailey.”
“Laruen, really you need to get over yourself.” I said and shook my head. “I gotta tell you though, the fans, at least some of them, will be happy to see you gone.”
“They will hate you too.” She said. “They don’t anyone to be with their Nick. I have no idea why I put up with it for so long.”
“Because he’s Nick Carter.” I said and rolled my eyes. “He could give you whatever you wanted, but yet you had to go and fuck that up. How does that feel?”
“Are you saying you don’t want him for his money?” She asked. “I find that hard to believe.”
“Trust me, I don’t need his money, I have enough of my own.” I said. “I work because I want to, not because I have to.”
“Then why do you want Nick?” She asked.
“I just want him for his body.” I said and shrugged. “And you being here is really messing up my groove, so why don’t you take a hike?”
“I will laugh my ass off when he dumps you to the curb.” She said and pulled her arm out of my grasp.
“We shall see.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“I can’t wait to see you fall.” She said stormed out of the room.
“Well damn.” Nick said. “You really just want me for my body?”
I rolled my eyes and looked at him.
“No, I just don’t want you for your body, though it’s a plus.” I said.
“Let me grab my bag and we’ll head up to your room.” He said and walked into the bedroom.
I just shook my head and walked over the window. He had great view of the Vegas strip. I sighed and pressed my head to the glass.
I really couldn’t believe this was happening. It was like a dream. I never thought I’d get the chance to be with him again. I’ve always figured that Hailey would wake up and see what was right in front of her face. I guess she did, but it wasn’t the guy I thought it would be. But I do have to admit that Hailey and Brian are so cute together.
“What are you thinking about?” Nick asked coming up behind me.
“Brian and Hailey and how cute they are together.” I said.
“You wouldn’t think they’d work, but for some fucked up reason they do.” He said. “But why are you thinking of them?”
“I just always figured that Hailey would wake up and see what was right in front of her, I just never thought it would be Brian.” I said.
“You thought she’d want me.” He said.
“Yeah, I never really thought I’d ever get a chance to be with you for real.” I said. “I’m glad I do though.”
“Me too.” He said and kissed the top of my head.
“You have everything?” I asked.
“Yeah, you ready to go?” He asked and pulled away from me.
“Yeah, I think we’ll just say in for tonight.” I said. “We’ll go out tomorrow night. I just wanna spend time with you tonight.”
“That sounds good to me.” He said and grabbed his bag. “Tomorrow we can face the world.”
“Together.” I said. “I wonder which news will be bigger you and me or Brian and Hailey.”
“Brian and Hailey.” He said and laughed. “No one really saw that coming. Well at least I never did.”
“I don’t think anyone did. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Leighann finds out. She’s gonna shit a brick.” I said and laughed.
“Yeah, but enough of them.” He said. “Tonight is about us.”
“Are you trying to charm me Mr. Carter?” I asked.
“I don’t know, is it working?” He asked.
“Maybe, maybe not.” I said and walked away from him.
“Damn tease.” He said and followed me out of the room.
We continued to tease each other until we got to my room.
Nick walked into my room and just made himself at home on the bed, after he had dropped his bag on the couch.
I shook my head and went over to my suite case.
“What are you doing?” Nick asked.
“Getting my PJ’s around.” I said. “I need a shower.”
“Can I join you?” He asked and wiggled his eyebrows at me.
“No.” I said and went back to looking through my clothes.
When I found what I was looking for, I took them and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I sat the clothes on the counter and then started the shower.
After a few minutes, Nick started to knock on the door.
“Yes Nick.” I said through the door.
“The door is locked.” He said and tried to open the door.
“I know that.” I said.
“You really don’t want me to join you?” He asked.
“Why don’t you order some room service and pick out a movie to watch and I’ll be out in a few.” I said.
“But.” Nick said.
“I promise I’ll make it worth your while.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Fine.” He said and walked away from the door.
I laughed to myself and stripped off my clothes.
The only reason Nick wasn’t in here right now, was because I didn’t want our first time to be in the shower, no matter how hott that would be. The first time I made love to him, I wanted it to be special. I wanted to show him how much he really means to me.
After I got out of the shower, I dried myself off and then slipped into my PJ’s. I really hope he didn’t get the wrong idea. But the teddy was all I brought with me to sleep in. Like, I’ve said before I never thought that I’d ever get this chance to be with Nick again. I had kinda given up on the idea.
When I opened the door to the bathroom, I saw Nick sitting on the bed wearing nothing but his backset ball shorts. God I wanted to jump him, but I didn’t want this to be purely about sex. I wanted to show him that we could have something more.
“Damn Baby.” Nick said.
“You like?” I asked.
“A lot.” He said and slid off the bed.
He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hand. I couldn’t say anything as I read the desire in his eyes. I knew I had the same look in my eyes.
He bent his head down and barely covered my lips with his. I once again wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.
Nick pulled away before the kiss could turn into something more. He leaned his forehead on mine.
“Wow.” He said.
“We definitely have chemistry.” I said. “But we already knew that.”
“You’re gonna be the end of me.” He said. “And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
I just smiled at him as he pulled away from me.
“I could say the same thing about you.” I said.
“I ordered us some bacon cheese burgers.” He said. “I hope that’s okay, they should be here soon.”
“That sounds good.” I said and walked over to the bed.
I sat down and picked my brush up off the night stand. I started to brush my hair as Nick stood there and watched me.
“I have no idea how you do it, but you make everything look sexy as hell.” He said and sat next to me on the bed.
“It’s pure talent.” I said and laughed. “So what are we watching?”
“There isn’t much on tonight.” He said.
“Well damn.” I said. “What are we going to do then?”
“I think we can think of something to do.” H said as someone started to knock on the door.
I just smirked at him as he got up to answer the door.
I was sure he could come up with something fun for us to do tonight, but it wasn’t going to be anything sexual. I was going to make him wait for that. I’ve been waiting two years, what’s a few more days?
Chapter 4 by XredXXtearsX87
Author's Notes:
This chapter was written by my good friend Terri, for some reason i had a hard time writing a Nick sex scene, so i hope you like.
Chapter Four
~Nick's POV~
I went to answer what had so rudely interrupted us yet again. I was really trying to behave myself but after all the dancing, kissing, and now the lacy little (very much so) number she was wearing , I didn't know how much longer I would be able to resist the temptation of throwing her down on the bed and giving her the most unforgettable night of her life, I'll never know.
I let the room service guy in and he set the order down on the coffee table. She had disappeared on me again. With any luck, she went to cover herself up. Still didn't mean I wouldn't think about it. Hell, we'd waited this long, what was another few days? Forever! But I restrained myself.
"Is it okay for me to come out?" she called from behind the bathroom door.
I chuckled. She was so sweet and innocent it killed me in the right way. I hoped when the time came that I wouldn't be comparing her to Hailey. Who am I kidding?! I was looking at an angel. She had put the robe on. Thank God! Maybe I could eat without the thought of what was hiding underneath. Like that was gonna happen! “The coast is clear."
"Sweet!” She replied and joined me on the couch. She curled her foot underneath her as she sat. “That smells so good.” She reached over and grabbed a plate.
I watched as she grabbed a fry from the plate and lift it to her mouth. It just looked incredible. Maybe I was a fool in love but she's one of those women that's drop dead gorgeous and doesn't even know it. Doesn't care what the world thinks about her. Like now. I was starving but I couldn't tear my eyes away from her. She looked up from her plate and giggled. “Are you gonna eat or are you just gonna watch me all night Carter?"
And bit her lip. God that was sexy! “I thought I'd watch you then you could watch me."
“The thought of watching you eat doesn't exactly drive me wild Hun," She teased.
I knew better.
"Really?” I grabbed the other plate full of food. I lifted the burger to my mouth and tore into it.
She started laughing. ”Oh yeah, that's sexy as hell. I just want to throw you on the floor and take you now."
As soon as I'd finished consuming the large mouthful of food I had, I smiled. "Don't toy with me babe."
"If women only knew."
“ I'm glad they don't. Keeps the mystique and all those schoolgirl fantasies alive for them."
“ As you recall, you were a schoolgirl fantasy for me once."
"You got lucky."
“ You think so?" She teased and raised her brows.
"Actually I'm the lucky one. If it wasn't for your best friend, I would never have met you."
"Are you trying to make me blush because it’s working," she said as her cheeks turned a bright shade of red.
"I only know how you make me feel Terri and I want you to know that you're not my rebound."
“I know but you have something right...there.” She reached toward my face and the corner of my mouth after she sat her plate back on the table.
I couldn't help myself. I latched onto her thumb then moved my lips to the palm of her hand. I'd dreamed of gazing deeply into those gorgeous blue gray eyes so many nights as a I laid next to a woman I didn't really love and now the one that I'd dreamed of having all my life was finally giving me the go ahead. I was terrified. I'd never felt anything so powerful for a woman as I did for Terri. I can still remember the soft, sinful curve of her body before we were so rudely interrupted the last time. In case I haven't mentioned, I couldn't help myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri's POV~
I leaned closer to him and blindly sat his plate aside. My free hand curved against the other cheek as my lips softly met his. Then I pulled away from him. I don't know what made me do it. I was sure a minute ago. It's not like I'd never been in love. I guess I was just worried he was going to compare me to my best friend. How could I compare to her? She'd done things in the bedroom I'd only ever fantasized. I was being stupid. He was here with me. He could have had any woman he wanted but he was here with me and he'd seen me in a lot less than I was wearing right now. I wanted to feel him touch me like he had before. I couldn't understand why I was so scared. Because it was really going to happen. Like I couldn't stop it? Not this time. I knew I would regret it if I didn't. My heart was very tender where he was concerned though. I didn't want to be just another piece of meat.
"Wow."
Okay...how was I supposed to take that?" What?” I said defensively. I didn't mean to; it just came out that way.
“It’s just... well....I've never been kissed like that."
“ Like?" My wall still up.
"Like you meant it."
"I'm sure they've all meant it."
“ No. They all just wanted a cheap thrill."
“ And you know I don't how?"
Playing with the collar of the fluffy white robe," Because you're covering up a very skimpy uniform most women would use to no end to get me into that bed over there."
"I'm not most women but I do want to be in that bed with you."
"Then what's stopping you?"
“ Nothing except making sure that, we're... y'know....”
"Covered?"
"Yeah."
He took my hand, kissed me gently and said," Wait for me over there. "Nodding toward the bed as he headed for his bag.
My heart was racing a million miles an hour. I think you m shuffle through the duffle bag. He looked
frustrated. “Everything okay?"
“It's fine now," he answered as he pulled what we needed to continue the evening with out of his bag.
"Okay," I said as he approached me.
I was still a little nervous about the whole thing. We were really alone. This was my room. Nobody could get in unless they knocked. He set the box on the night table next to the bed and right behind me then pulled me into his arms. He kissed me like he never had before. Like he wouldn't be able to breathe unless he was connected to me. It was a toe curler in every sense of the word. His hands roaming all over me. Those places that had gone untouched for two years because I'd never let myself be intimate with another man. I couldn't be. I guess your heart really does know when it's found that 'perfect' someone. That someone that fits you like a glove. Maybe that's why we were both terrified beyond belief.
I didn't think he'd ever show it but when we came up for air, he pulled away from me.
"I'm so sorry Terri. I just lose control when I'm so close to you."
“Did I push you away?" I said as I moved closer to him and looked deep into his eyes. Lord! Those were my undoing.
"No but...”
"You think I didn't like it right?"
“It's not that. I just don't want it to be rushed. I want us to take our time."
“We've got the rest of our lives to worry about that. All I'm worried about is tonight."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Nick's POV~
Me too but I couldn't tell her that. Or could I? I think we were both so afraid of what would happen if this night ever came to be. Now it was here. “So if I left tomorrow?"
“At least we had one night but I know you won't."
"How do you know?"
"Because.” Her lips softly brushed mine. "Your heart wouldn't be racing a million miles an hour like mine.”
Her hand sliding up to that very spot on my chest as she took my hand and placed it against hers.
"You scare me," I said as I let my hand slide down her body and back around her waist. I held her tight against me; her hand still resting against my chest. I was scared but not for the reasons she thought. I knew what I wanted but I've been madly in love with her since the day I met her and haven't been able to do a damn thing about it until now.
"You amaze me." And bit her lip yet again.
"You play innocent."
“I do it pretty well too don't I?" She flirted and pulled out of my embrace.
She had my number. There was no doubt about that. I watched as she loosened the tiny strings of material holding up that skimpy little teddy she was wearing the man downstairs was sending me that all too familiar signal. There was no hiding it. She diverted her gaze then met mine as she slinked out of the silky material revealing every beautiful inch of her. It's not like I’d never seen a naked woman before. I think it was the fact that she had me wrapped around her little finger and I was helpless in her presence. She eased back onto the center of the bed then motioned me to join her. I'd wanted the pleasure of unwrapping this long awaited gift but as she said, we had the rest of our lives. Our lives. It sounded perfect. I slipped my shorts off and joined her; over her. "Is this really happening?"
She giggled nervously and nodded. “Yeah. It really is happening this time."
I made no hesitation in tasting her lips but I didn't devour her like I had before. Gentle but imposing enough that she took the initiative and turned up the intensity but I didn't just want to stick it in and be done with her. I wanted to know all of her. Every last delicious curve of her. And for as many women I'd had in my bed, she's the only one I ever really wanted to please. Being in love does crazy shit to you as I can clearly see now. Here we were, finally naked together and I was contemplating a plan of attack. I should know how to make her feel good right? She is the one after all. Her hands slipped down around my butt as we continued exploring one another. She felt so good. God! Did she feel good! I was about to lose my mind. Then the phone rang. The goddamn phone! Weren't we ever gonna catch a break? Wait a minute! We don't have to answer that as I let my lips wander down her neck and toward those soft, luscious tits of hers. Heaven! Maybe if she was distracted she would ignore it as well. She did for a minute. Her back came up off the bed as I tugged lightly on her nipple.
"Nick?" Her voice barely penetrating my brain. I continued assaulting the sweet little morsel her concentration wearing thin
"Nick.” She repeated; the phone stills a major distraction. Somebody upstairs hated me.
I looked up.
"Much as I'm enjoying this, we should answer that."
"Why?" I moved to the other side in hopes of distracting her yet again.
"Cuz they'll just keep calling til somebody answers. You know they will,” she said and pulled my mouth away from it's very comfortable spot on her chest.
Okay. I reached over and picked up the receiver when it started ringing for the fifth time. “Terri can't come to the phone right now but if you leave your name and number, she'll get back to you as soon as I'm done with her.” And disconnected the receiver from the base of the phone. “No more interruptions. Just you and me tonight remember?" I whispered in her ear as I pulled her over on top of me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri's POV~
I giggled as I came over onto him. "You are absolutely nuts but I wouldn't have it any other way." I leaned in and kissed him. I'd been waiting far too long for this myself. He may have had other women in his bed but I somehow knew I would be the last one in it. I slowly explored his body with my mouth; my tongue tracing lightly around each nipple before I traveled further down. Right down to that treasure trail. His moans were sweet music to my ears but I looked up to meet those gorgeous baby blues.
"I thought you were a good girl."
“It's us good girls you have to watch out for." I grinned deviantly and traced my tongue around the tip of his cock. He was gonna kill me with this thing. At the very least, I wouldn't be able to walk in the morning. There was a reason they had a monstrous nickname for this thing. It was fitting. I wrapped my lips around the head as I slowly took him in. My hand and mouth soon working in unison. Then I did something I never thought I would do. I lost the hand and braced his thighs as I let my mouth do all the work.
"Fuck Terri!"
I was sure they could hear us in the next room. Good. It's about damn time I was gettin some action. I don't know how I'd done it but I had taken the better part of him in. I came up for air briefly before I went back to work on him. I felt his fingers tangling in my hair; assisting me in my task. Like I needed help. I could feel his body tensing.
"Oh God!” He let loose as his body did.
I looked up and smiled. “You didn't like?"
"Come here you." And pulled me up the length of his body. “You are too cute."
“Cute?" I pouted.
"How bout I go with sex kitten."
“I like that." I reached over and grabbed the box off the night table. I pulled out one of the condoms. “I think it's about time we used one of these."
“Y'think?" Giving me that impish little grin of his.
"Don't be a smartass," I said as I slid down his body yet again. I unwrapped it; tossing the wrapper away. I carefully placed it on him. I slowly took him in; both of us moaning as I did. I felt his hands on my hips as I leaned down over and kissed him. “You feel really good.” I moved back up and started moving on him; my hands bracing his chest as our rhythm steadily increased. Soon I found myself pressed against him as he took me from beneath. He did know me. I loved being taken that way. I knew I wasn't gonna last much longer but I knew he had some left in him. “OH...OH...Fuck! Nick! God! That's... Yessss!!!!!!" And I was down for the count but I let him take control. Before I knew what was happening I was on my back, he was thrusting hard, and deep; my legs wrapped around him. He bent in briefly and took a nipple in his mouth. Oh, Fuck me! I was so there. Again but this time it was with him. The sweat sheen connecting us as he rested on me.
"You okay?” He breathed.
"I'm fine. You?"
"I'm in love."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5 by XredXXtearsX87
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Five
~Nick’s POV~
Someone pounding on the door woke me up in the morning, I knew who it was and really didn’t want to deal with her. She could just go way and come back a lot later. Like when I was done with Terri, not that I would ever really be done with her.
I was really in love with her, and even though it scared the shit out of me, I was ready for that step in my life. I was ready to be the man Terri needed.
Plus I just loved wake up with her in my arms. If I never sang again, but started ever morning with her in my arms, I’d be a very happy man.
“If you don’t answer she’ll go get a key and come in anyways.” Terri said rolling over to look at me. “She’s done it before.”
“But why do I have to go get it?” I asked and started to pout. “She’s here for you.”
“Stop pouting, you’re a big boy, you can handle Hailey.” She said and rolled out of my arms. “I’m gonna take a shower.”
“But.” I said as she looked at me over her shoulder.
“Really Nick, grow a pair.” She said and slid off the bed. “She’s not that bad.”
I sat up as she shut and locked the bathroom door.
I groaned and slid off the bed. I picked up my boxers from last night and put them back on. I knew I should put more on to go answer the door, but Hailey had already seen everything that I had to offer. It’s not like it would really matter.
As I walked into the living area, Hailey and Leigh were just coming through the door. Shit, why did she have to bring Leigh with her? And when the fuck did they become so close?
“Hailey, this isn’t a good idea.” Leigh said. “Let them sleep, Terri can catch up to us when she wakes up.”
God, I wish Hailey would listen to someone other then the stupid voices in her head, she’d stay out of trouble that way.
“Well maybe if Nick wouldn’t have ripped the phone out of the wall last night, we could have made plans, so if she gets pissed, she can blame him.” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “Plus it looks like they need to get house keeping in here.”
I looked a round and she was right, we had left our dinner from last night on the table.
“It doesn’t matter anyways, we’re up.” I said bringing their attention to me.
“So sexy Nick.” Hailey said and raised an eyebrow at me. “Is it safe to sit on the couch?”
“Why wouldn’t it be?” Leigh asked sounding confused.
“Yes, unlike some people I can name, we use the bed.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Oh God that is so gross.” Leigh said as it clicked.
“You know that is how you ended up with James.” Hailey said in her duh voice.
“Not what I meant.” Leigh said. “Nick, I love you, but could you please put some clothes on?”
“Can I trust you two not to cause any trouble?” I asked.
“Who us?” Hailey asked with her fake smile.
“God, why do I even bother?” I asked and went back into the bedroom.
“I have no idea.” Hailey said as I shut the door behind me.
I sighed and leaned on the door. I wish I could just stay in here until Terri was out of the bathroom, but knowing Hailey like I do, she wouldn’t wait. She’d come find me. Sometimes she could be really annoying, but it wasn’t for her, I’d never had meet Terri. And I had to be really thankful for that, not that I’d ever tell her that. She’d never let me live it down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
When I got out of the bathroom, Nick was sitting on the bed waiting for me. I just raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled at me and winked at me.
“Where did Hailey go?” I asked looking at him.
“I sent her away.” He said grinning still.
“She went away that easily?” I asked and raised an eyebrow. “Why do I not believe that?”
“When it comes to Hailey, I can work magic.” He said standing up.
“I’m sure you can.” I said and turned to my suite case. “What did she want?”
“I don’t know. I didn’t ask.” He said and wrapped his arms around my waist. “God, you smell so good.”
“Nick, if you don’t stop we’re gonna end back in bed.” I said and tried to pull away from him.
“And what’s wrong with that?” He asked and kissed the back of my neck. “Now that I got you here, I don’t want to let you go.”
“You can’t keep me here for the next two days, you promised me that we’d go for a walk down the strip.” I said and turned in his arms.
“You can leave as long as I’m with you.” He said and kissed me.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.
But once again we were interrupted by Hailey, I should have known he really hadn’t gotten rid of her.
“This is hot as fuck and all, but we got plans so can you two unlock your lips and get dressed so we can get on with our day?” Hailey asked standing in the door way with her hand on her hip and her hip cocked to the side.
“Or you can come over here and join us.” Nick said grinning at her over his shoulder.
I stepped away from him and slapped his shoulder.
“I really don’t think Terri is really into that kinda of thing.” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “Plus, I don’t want to do anything to hurt Brian.”
“Are you sure?” Nick asked grinning. “I could be a lot of fun.”
“Nick I think I’ve seen enough of your ass.” Hailey said and rolled her eyes. “I really don’t need to see anymore. Plus from the look Terri is giving me, I think she may try to kill me if I touch you in a sexual way again. And I like living so I will stay away from you.”
“You got that right.” I said and slapped Nick on the back of the head again. “We’ll be right out.”
“Don’t take so long, cause I really don’t wanna walk in on you two going at it like rabbits.” Hailey said and walked from the room.
“Great job getting rid of her.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“I never really got rid of her, I just let her and Leigh in there.” Nick said and shrugged. “I was supposed to come in and get dressed.”
“Ugh, why do I put up with you?” I asked and rolled my eyes.
“Cause you love me.” He said and pulled me to him again.
I shook my head and pulled away from him.
“Go take a quick shower.” I said and pushed him towards the bathroom. “And then get dressed.”
“Fine.” He said and kissed me on the forehead. “Don’t leave without me.”
“I won’t.” I said and smiled at his back.
I quickly got dressed and then went out into the living room. Hailey just raised an eyebrow at me as I closed the door behind me.
“I’m guessing you had a great night?” Hailey asked as I sat in the chair.
“He told me that he loved me.” I said as I pulled my legs under me.
“You believe him right?” Hailey asked. “I’ve never seen him act this way before.”
“Part of me wants to believe him, but I just don’t know.” I said and tucked my hair behind my ear.
“Trust me,” Hailey said. “I know Nick better then anyone else, besides Brian. I’ve never seen him this way with someone before. If he says that he’s falling for you, then he is.”
“It just seems way to fast for me.” I said and shrugged. “Not that I know what love feels like.”
“It just feels right and like you’ve come home.” Leigh said. “That’s how I felt when I meet Howie.”
“It just seems really to fast for me.” I said.
“There is no time limit on love.” Hailey said. “Don’t worry about it and just see where it takes you.”
“When did you grow up?” I asked.
“Brian’s been good for me.” Hailey said and shrugged.
“I’ll say. I do have to say I’m kinda shocked you didn’t take Nick up on his offer.” I said.
“As much as I would love too, I wouldn’t do that to you or Brian.” Hailey said. “You both mean to much to me.”
“Where is he?” I asked.
“Still sleeping.” Hailey said and grinned. “I gave him quite the work out last night.”
“You dirty whore.” I said laughing.
“Who’s a dirty whore?” Nick asked coming out of the bed room.
“Hailey, who else would be talking about?” I asked looking at him.
“Do you want me to give you a list?” He asked sitting on the arm of my chair.
“Most of your ex girl friends will be on it.” I said.
“Good thing I was never really his girlfriend.” Hailey said and winked at Nick.
“So what are you three you today?” Nick asked.
“Lunch and shopping.” Leigh said.
“Sounds like fun.” Nick said. “What are the guys doing?”
“I don’t know Brian’s still sleeping.” Hailey said.
“Have a good night?” Nick asked.
Hailey just grinned at him.
“God you guys really do have a fucked up relationship.” Leigh said.
“Oh you have no idea.” Hailey said and looked at Leigh. “I’m hungry can we go now?”
“Hailey, you’re always hungry.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Not my fault I had a really good work out last night.” Hailey said and started to pout.
“God that really is way to much information.” I said. “We don’t need to know about yours and Brian’s sex lives.”
“Aww why not?” Hailey asked.
“Do I really need to go there?” I asked.
“You know I love it when you talk dirty to me.” Hailey said as Nick started to cough.
“You okay Nicky boy?” Hailey asked and raised an eyebrow at him.
“Yeah, I was just thinking of something Brian said.” Nick said.
“What dirty thoughts did he put into your head?” I asked looking at Nick.
“Only the best kind.” Nick said. “It’s not my fault he’s been hanging out with Hailey way to much.”
“Hanging out with me is so much better then hanging out with your stinky ass.” Hailey said.
“The only reason he hangs out with you is because he knows he’ll get laid.” Nick said.
“Is that why you hung out with me?” Hailey asked looking hurt.
“Shit Hailey, you know I was just kidding. I didn’t mean it like that.” Nick said.
“Can we go now?” Hailey asked and stood up not looking at me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Nick’s POV~
Shit I knew as soon as the words came out of my mouth that she was hurt. Just by the look on her face.
“Yeah we can go.” Terri said standing up grabbing her purse.
“Can I talk to you Hailey?” I asked touching her arm.
“Sure make it quick.” Hailey said as the other walked from the room.
I waited til the door was closed behind Terri to turn to Hailey.
“Hailey, you know I didn’t really mean it.” I said.
“That doesn’t matter, it still hurts.” She said and waved her hands about. “What if that’s the only reason Brian’s with me?”
“Hailey, you know that’s not true.” I said and grabbed her arms. “He’s always been in love with you. He just never thought he’d ever get the chance to be really be with you, they way he wants.”
“But what if he changes his mind and goes back with Leighann?” She asked and hugged me.
“I don’t ever see that happen. They haven’t been happy in a long time. It’s be forever since I’ve seen the huge smile he has on his face every time he looks at you or is talking about you. He was never that way with Leighann.” I said. “I’m shocked it’s taken this long for you two to hook up.”
“Thanks Nick.” She said and pulled away from me.
“It’s nothing.” I said and wiped her face.
“I really hope you’re serious about Terri.” She said. “If you hurt her, I will kick your ass.”
“I am.” I said. “I really think she’s the one.”
“Good.” She said and walked from the room.
I laughed and followed out behind her, making sure the door closed.
“You two make up?” Terri asked.
“Yeah.” I said and wrapped my arm around Terri. “So where are we off to now?”
“Up to my room.” Hailey said. “I need to get my purse and sunglasses.”
“Then lead the way. I don’t like standing in the hallway.” I said.
As we walked to the elevator, I kept pinching Terri’s ass. I was usually was a boob guy, but damn it she has a great ass. It was just enough for me to grab on to. I loved it.
She reached up behind me and slapped the back of my head making me pinch her ass again.
“Young love.” Leigh said laughing.
Hailey just snorted as she hit the button to the elevator.
“Don’t be jealous Hailey.” I said grinning at her back.
“Yeah I’ve seen all you have to offer, and I’ve taught you most of what you know so, don’t even go there Carter.” Hailey said. “Plus Brian is ten times better in bed then you.”
“Ouch, if I knew you didn’t mean it, I might be hurt.” I said and rolled my eyes.
She just lifted on eyebrow at me as the elevator dinged. Hailey just shook her head and got onto the elevator with Leigh right behind her. Before Terri could get on the elevator I grabbed her and kissed her.
“God, do you two ever stop?” Hailey asked sticking her head out of the elevator. “Come on, we got people to see and places to be, so get your asses on the damn elevator.”
Terri rolled her eyes and pulled away from me. I grinned and pinched her ass again.
I just ignored the glare she sent me over her shoulder as we walked onto the elevator. I couldn’t keep the grin off my face.
As we road the elevator up to the floor where Brian and Hailey’s room was, I pulled Terri into my chest and ever so often I’d kiss the back of her neck, making her giggle.
“You two make me wanna gag.” Hailey muttered.
“I think it’s cute.” Leigh said.
“Ugh, sure you do.” Hailey said.
“Are you sure you’re not jealous?” Leigh asked.
“No,” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “I’m Brian and I will get to that point one day.”
“As soon as he gets rid of the old bag.” I muttered.
“Nick.” Terri said and elbowed me.
“What?” I asked. “I’ve never liked Leighann. She’s always acted like she was better then everyone.”
“She used to be one of my best friends.” Hailey said as the elevator dinged and opened to Hailey’s floor.
She got off without saying anything. We looked at each other then followed her.
I never realized how hard Hailey was taking this. I had forgotten how close they all were at one point. After all Leighann has done, Hailey still didn’t want to hurt her.
“You coming in Nick, or are you gonna stand out in the hallway?” Terri asked breaking my thought.
“I’m coming.” I said and walked into Hailey’s room.
Terri just laughed as she shut the door behind me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room where Howie was flipping through the channels.
“Anything good on?” I asked as I flopped onto the couch next to Howie.
“Not a damn thing.” He said. “I wish I was in bed with my wife right now.”
“Me too. Hailey wake you guys up this morning too?” I asked and laid my head on the back of the couch.
“No, they planed this last night after you guys took off from the club.” He said.
“Are you two done talking about me?” Hailey asked.
I lifted my head to look at her.
“We’ll always talk about you love.” I said and blew her a kiss.
She just flipped me off.
“If you two wake Brian, I will cut your balls off.” Hailey said.
“Like Leigh and Terri would let you.” I said.
“We back her up 100%.” Terri said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because she scares the crap out of us.” Leigh said.
“Aww guys, you’re making me blush.” Hailey said. “Well let’s go. We have a lot to do.”
“Bye boys, behave.” Terri said as they headed for the door.
“We’ll be back later, so please don’t cause any trouble while we’re gone.” Leigh said following Terri out the door.
“We’re not two.” I said.
“Could have fooled me.” Hailey said and followed the other two out the door, letting it shut behind her.
“So what’s up with Hailey?” Howie asked.
“What do you mean?” I asked looking at him.
“Something seems off.” He said and shook his head. “Maybe I’m reading way to much into it.”
“I don’t think you are.” I said. “I sense it too. But she wouldn’t tell us, she’d confide in AJ or Brian.”
“You’re right.” He said. “I’m just worried something’s gonna happen to pull them apart.”
“I know. I haven’t seen Brian this happy in a long time.” I said. “But I also worry that she’s going to let her issues come between the two of them. I know she feels bad for hurting Leighann the way she is. But you can’t help who you fall for.”
“I know what you mean.” He said and smiled at me. “Speaking of falling for, how are you and Miss Terri doing?”
“Good. We had a nice long talk last night.” I said. “What should we do about Brian and Hailey?”
“There’s nothing we can do.” He said. “And don’t change the subject. We were talking about you and Terri.”
“No we were talking about Brian and Hailey.” I said.
“Come on spill.” He said. “I won’t tell the others.”
“Promise?” I asked.
“Oh this must be good.” He said and laughed. “I promise.”
“Funny D,” I said and rolled my eyes. “But I think she may be the one.”
“You mean by the one, you mean the one that can tame you?” He asked shocked.
“I have no idea what it is about her, but we’ve connected on a level I’ve never had with someone before. The closest I’ve come before was with Hailey, but we knew it would never really work.”
“Wow.” He said speechless.
“I know, it’s kinda out of left field, but I can’t help but feel this way for her.” I said. “I’ve been thinking about popping the question.”
“You mean the big question?” He asked shocked.
“Yes, that question.” I said. “I just don’t know what to do.”
“Just follow your heart.” He said. “It’s all you can do.”
“I know.” I said and sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 6 by XredXXtearsX87
Author's Notes:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Sorry this took so long. But anywho here's the next chapter.
Chapter 6
~Terri’s POV~
“So where are we going?” I asked.
“Where ever you guys wanna go.” Hailey said and shrugged. “Really don’t matter to me.”
“Wanna hit up the shops up and down the strip?” Leigh asked.
“Didn’t we do that yesterday?” Hailey asked.
“We didn’t hit all of them.” Leigh said. “I know there is a few we missed.”
“I’m hungry.” I said. “Since I didn’t get to eat breakfast.”
“Well now who’s fault it that?” Hailey asked.
“That would be yours.” I said. “And don’t even try to dyne it.”
“I wasn’t going to.” Hailey said. “Well let’s go get some food.”
“Where too?” Leigh asked. “Some where in the hotel or down on the strip?”
“Whatever you guys want.” Hailey said. “I don’t care. I’ll eat anything.”
“We already know that.” I said rolling my eyes. “Whether it be male of female.”
“Both? Really?” Leigh asked. “Should I be worried?”
“Has she given you the eye yet?” I asked as we started down the street towards the canal.
“No I don’t think so?” Leigh said sounding confused.
“You would know if I had given you the eye.” Hailey said. “Howie told me that I could never hit on you.”
“Well that’s good.” Leigh said. “So are we getting breakfast or not?”
“Lead the way.” I said.
After we were done eating, we headed to Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. I really wanted to go to Il Prato. I have always loved the mask they have.
“I love this place.” Hailey said as we walked in the doors of the mall.
“As many times as we’ve been here I don’t think I’ve ever come here.” Leigh said. “I can see why you guy love it here so much.”
“Come on, I wanna go to Il Prato.” I said and headed towards my favorite shop.
Walking into the shop, I could see the look of wonderment on Leigh’s face. I laughed to myself and started to walk around.
“You gonna finally buy something?” Hailey asked coming up to me.
“Maybe, maybe not.” I said and looked at her.
“I have a feeling Nicky boy would love that on you.” She said and pointed to a mask hanging on the wall behind the check out.
“Wow.” I said and headed towards the check out. “It’s beautiful.”
“Would you like to see it?” The sales clerk asked me.
“Yes please.” I said as she got it off the wall and handed it to me.
It was light green with silver and gold swirls on it and green, silver and gold butterfly above the left eye.
“Amazing.” Hailey said. “You have to get it.”
“I don’t know.” I said and set it down.
“How much it is.” Hailey asked.
“$99, Ma’am.” The sales clerk said.
“See not that bad.” Hailey said. “You have to get it. Nick won’t leave you alone when you have it on. Trust me on this.”
“Fine, you talked me into it.” I said turning to the sales clerk. “I’ll take it.”
“Great.” She said taking the mask and going to ring it up.
After I paid we left the shop, I didn’t want Hailey talking me into anything else. Hailey and I were leaning on the mall out side the door waiting for Leigh to come out when we almost were plowed down by a group of four girls.
“Fuck, watch where you’re going.” Hailey said.
“Why should we?” A blond said as they came back to us.
“Because it’s rude to run innocent bystanders over,” Hailey said and rolled her eyes. “So next time watch were you’re going.”
“Like oh my God, I know who you two are.” The blond said.
“And who are we?” Hailey asked rolling her eyes.
“You’re the bitches that are trying to break up the Backstreet Boys.” She said and crossed her arms under her fake boobs, pushing them up more.
“And where the hell did you get that idea?” Hailey asked.
“We saw you last night, at the club.” Blondie said.
“So?” Hailey asked. “It’s not that big of a deal. Brian and I kissed. Dude we do that all the time. He is my best friend.”
“So you’re not the reason Brian’s leaving Leighann then?” She asked. “I find that hard to believe. You only want him for his money.”
“Actually, I make more then he does a year.” Hailey said shrugging. “His money means nothing to me.”
“Whatever. And you.” She said pointing to me. “You just had to ruin the best relationship Nick’s ever had.”
“Did you really think Laruen was good for him?” I asked shocked.
“Yes I never saw him as happy as he was with Laruen.” Blondie said.
“Then you never looked close enough.” Hailey said. “She’s a…”
I cut her off. “Hailey, that’s enough.” I said. “They aren’t worth it.”
“Fine.” Hailey said and crossed her arms over her chest. “I wish Leigh would hurry up.”
“I’m sure she’s about done. Where do you wanna go after this?” I asked.
Hailey just shrugged.
“Geee just wait until they boys find out how you’re treating their fans.” The dumb blonde said.
“That’s funny cause she’s actually being really good right now.” I said. “You don’t want to push it anymore. So why don’t you run along?”
“Why don’t you get over yourself, thinking Nick won’t dump you on your ass as soon as he’s done with you.” She sneered at me.
“And why don’t you get over yourself thinking Nick would ever want your damn fake self.” Hailey said stepping closer to the dumb blonde. “Trust me Hunnay he’s over that stage in his life.”
“You’re just pissed he chucked your ass to the curb.” The blonde said.
God I had a feel I was going to interfere soon, but I really didn’t want to. The dumb ass has it coming to her. But I really didn’t need Hailey in jail again. Such is life.
“What’s going on here?” Leigh asked stepping out of the store.
“Just having a chat with some of the boy’s fans.” Hailey said with sarcasm dripping from her voice.
Leigh just raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged my shoulders at her. Blondie did not seem to like the silent conversation we were having. Like we really cared.
"Come on Halz, we gotta go." I said touching her arm. "Leigh is back."
She didn't say anything she just walked off. Once again, Leigh looked to me to explain my best friend. I shrugged as we followed Hailey.
Once we caught up with Hailey she was by the exit.
“I want to get out of here.” She said.
“Are you really letting what she said get to you?” I asked.
“I’m trying not to.” She said and raked her fingers through her hair. “I don’t know why they are.”
“You okay Hailey?” Leigh asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” Hailey said. “Where do you guys want to go now? I’m game for whatever.”
“Let’s just head back to towards the hotel and we’ll stop along the way.” I said. “How does that sound?”
“Whatever.” Hailey said and started to walk.
Leigh and I just followed slightly behind her.
“Is she okay?” Leigh asked.
“I don’t know.” I said. “They really didn’t say anything to really piss her off.”
“Are things okay between her and Brian?” Leigh asked.
“We really don’t talk about them.” I said. “I don’t think she would tell me if there was.”
“Why not?” Leigh asked. “You’re her best friend.”
I just shrugged.
“Okay then.” Leigh said shaking her head.
“She’ll talk when she’s ready to talk.” I said.
“I’m worried about her.” Leigh said.
“We all are.” I said looking at Hailey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Nick’s POV~
When Brian finally showed his face, I successfully had Howie on another topic, that wasn’t Terri and I. Which I couldn’t be more grateful for, I really didn’t want to talk about it with him anymore. Though he was the only one I really trusted to tell with out freaking out.
“Why didn’t you guys wake me up?” Brian asked sitting next to Howie.
“We liked our parts where they are.” I said.
“Hailey told us if we woke up, she’s make sure that we’d never get any again.” Howie said.
“Is that why Nick has a pillow over his lap?” Brian asked trying not to laugh.
“No Leigh and Terri backed her up.” I said. “They are scary on there own, but damnit all together they are worse then Jason or Freddy.”
“So what are we going to do now?” Howie asked.
“About what?” Brian asked.
“Everything.” Howie said and shrugged. “Have you heard from Leighann yet?”
“No, but then again I haven’t turned my phone on yet this morning.” Brian said. “Hailey made me turn it off last night.”
“Leighann’s gonna go ape shit.” I said.
“Yeah, well what about Laruen?” Brian asked.
“Oh she already went ape shit.” I said. “She went back to our room last night, Terri said we should go get my stuff, so we did. Laruen wasn’t happy.”
“Did Terri tell you why they set this up?” Brain asked.
“She said that it had to do with the talk I had with Hailey last week.” I said. “I really didn’t want to believe that Laruen would do that.”
“Leighann has been doing the same thing to me since we got married.” Brian said.
“What?” I asked shocked.
“Yeah, I found out right before we left for tour. She doesn’t know that I know yet.” Brain said as my phone rang.
I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was Hailey. I sighed and tossed it to Brian, who answered it.
I hope things are okay. I’d hate for some crazy fans to do something to the girls while they were out.
“I’m guessing the shit has hit the fan.” Howie said.
“Big time.” Brian said and ran his hand over his face. “Who wants to go get AJ up?”
“I will.” Howie said standing up. “Should I bring Rochelle too?”
“Might as well.” Brian said. “We’ll need all the help we can get.”
“Okay, be back soon.” Howie said and walked out of the room.
“What are we going to do?” I asked and sighed.
“I have no idea but we’ll figure it out.” Brian said. “It’s not like we haven’t been through this before.”
“I know, but the fans caught you cheating on Leighann.”I said. “They loved her.”
“I know, but I don’t love her anymore.” Brian said and shrugged. “God did I just say that?”
“Yeah you did. When did it happen?” I asked.
“Most likely when I started to hang around Hailey more, and I saw how much of life I was missing.” Brian said. “Not that I’d go back and change anything. I’m very grateful for what I have.”
“Baylee’s not going to take this well at all.” I said.
“Trust me I know. I hate to do this to him, but I can’t stay with her.” Brian said.
“Because you cheated on her?” I asked.
“She cheated on my first, with Hailey’s brother.” Brian said. “She’s not sure if the baby is mine or not.”
“God, I’m sorry Brian.” I said.
“Hailey’s helped a lot.” Brian said. “Even if she didn’t know it.”
“I’m glad I could help.” Hailey said from the door way. “Though I wish you would have told me from the start.”
“I didn’t want to worry you.” Brian said and stood up.
She just smiled at me as she set her bags down.
“How was shopping?” Brian asked as he hugged her.
“Fine until your fans started to follow us everywhere.” Hailey said. “But other then that it was fine.”
“She’s candy coating it.” Terri said and sat next to me. “They were horrible.”
“You okay Terri?” I asked taking her hand.
“Yeah I’m fine they didn’t hurt us.” She said and smiled at him.
“Where’s Howie?” Leigh asked sitting down on the couch.
“He went to get AJ and Rochelle.” Brian said pulling away from Hailey.
“Good.” She said as I sat down.
Hailey walked over and sat on Brian lap.
“So what’s the plan of action?” Leigh asked.
“We were waiting for D and J to get here to talk about it.” Brian said. “What do you guys think?”
“We shouldn’t hide anything.” Hailey said. “That’ll make things so much worse.”
“I’m not sure if that’s the best option we have.” Howie said.
“Why not?” Hailey asked standing up. “No matter what we do, we’re gonna be put through the ringer. Yeah it’s gonna suck, but if we show a united front it won’t be so bad.”
“You’ve never had to face something like this before.” AJ pointed out. “It’s not that easy.”
“Just because I was never in the lime light, doesn’t mean I haven’t been through something like this before.” Hailey said. “No matter what we do, we have to do this together.”
“Why do you care what happens?” Rochelle asked. “You got what you wanted.”
“You have no idea what you’re even talking about.” Hailey said. “I never wanted this to happen, but damnit I’m not going to apologize for it. I love Brian, and no matter what people say it’s the truth.”
“Clam down Hailey.” Brian said and wrapped his arms around her waist. “It won’t do any good to get all pissed off.”
“Yeah well its better then jumping on a plane and going to Atlanta.” Hailey said and pulled away from Brian.
“She has a point.” Terri said. “Well more then one actually.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Being a fan myself, I know what others are thinking, they don’t like change, and if you guys try and hide what’s going on, it’s just going to make it all that much worse for you guys.” Terri said. “Hailey’s right, if you guys come out united the fans will take it so much better.”
“Thank you Terri.” Hailey said.
“You’re my best friend.” Terri said standing up. “I’ll stick by you, no matter how much you tend to piss me off sometimes.”
“So what are we going to do?” Howie asked.
“Use the tools we have.” Hailey said. “Post something on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, and your wed site.”
“Saying what?” Rochelle asked. “Yes, I cheated on my wife with my best friend and I’m leaving said wife for said best friend? You have to be kidding me.”
“She’s right Rochelle; we need to do this together as a family.” AJ said and put his hand on her shoulders.
“What about Leighann and Laruen?” Rochelle asked. “I really don’t care about Laruen she’s a bitch, but Leighann has been a friend to us all.”
“Leighann is not the person you think she is.” Hailey said. “She started this whole mess.”
“What are you talking about?” Rochelle asked.
“She cheated on Brian first.” Hailey said. “So don’t give us shit for something she did first.”
“Do you heave proof?” Rochelle asked.
“Yes.” Hailey said.
That shocked me.
“You do?” Brian asked.
“Later.” Hailey said.
“Shit, he didn’t.” Terri said.
“Don’t worry I’ll deal with him later.” Hailey said not looking at anyone.
“I think we should leave you and Hailey to talk, Bri.” I said. “We’ll start the plan.”
“Thanks Nick.” Hailey said and smiled at him.
“Don’t’ worry Babe, it’s gonna be okay.” I said standing up and took Terri’s hand. “Well make sure of it.”
“The only person I don’t want to get hurt is Baylee, he doesn’t deserve this.” I heard Hailey say as we walked away.
Neither of us said anything as we made our way back down to Terri’s room. Not until we were safely inside the door.
“God I feel so bad for Hailey.” Terri said. “She never asked for any of this to happen.
“None of us did.” I said and hugged from behind. “But we will deal with it as a family. It’s all we can do.”
“You know you make it really hard not to fall for you right now.” She said and turned to face me.
“The same to you my dear.” I said and kissed her forehead.
“What do you see in me?” She asked not looking at me.
“I see my future. Something I’ve never seen in anyone before.” I said and tipped her chin up to look her in the eyes. “Yes I know I’ve seen songs about it, but I’ve never seen it in real life before you. I’ve really fallen hard for you.”
“I feel for you two years ago.” She said in a whisper.
I smiled and kissed her forehead.
She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my chest.
“I meant it when I told you I was falling in love last night.” I said laying my head on the top of hers.
“I know.” She said. “I know.”
“You don’t think this is moving to fast do you?” I asked.
“No.” She said. “It’s been brewing for two years. What happened last night only confirmed what we both already knew.”
“And what was that?” I asked.
“That we belong together.” She said and kissed my chest. “No matter who tries to get in our way, now that I have you, I’m not letting you go. Ever.”
“Ditto.” I said and grinned at her. “So what did you buy me?”
“Who says I bought you anything?” She asked and pulled away from me.
“You mean you didn’t?” I asked and pouted.
“Just to let you know that face may work on your fans, but it sure as Hell doesn’t work on me.” She said and walked into the bed room with a smile on her face.
I just stood there and watched her walk way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10167