Successful by mychickbad
Summary:

She was the upcoming movie star, he was the 90s pop idol. What if, when two worlds can collide in a different circumstances? Do they have a chance to fallin in love? or is it just gonna be a short term flick?

Hollywood can be messy sometimes...


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Nick, Other
Genres: Angst, Dramedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5020 Read: 5070 Published: 09/05/10 Updated: 09/07/10
Story Notes:
Here is my new story.. Hope you guys will like it... My second fanfiction, hopefully ths time i'm not gonna mess it up.. Please review whether you like it or not :) all comments will be helpful !

1. Prologue - Chapter 1 by mychickbad

2. Chapter 2 by mychickbad

3. Chapter 3 by mychickbad

4. Chapter 4 by mychickbad

Prologue - Chapter 1 by mychickbad
Prologue

I love the Dillon’s. Its right here in the famous spot of Hollywood but still has the cheapest beers and not so superficial crowd for Hollywood standards. And tonight is like any other single night, out and about in town for me. Me with my usual hangout people from my building and drinking couple of beers before we head out to bed. Not so surprisingly living in the middle of Hollywood comes with couple of circumstances. You see the famous people all the time, trying to feel not so star struck about them and you feel so self conscious most of the time while seeing those gorgeous blondes outside of the streets even though people still consider you are one of them too. Well I used to be that one of those hardcore party goer girls, who lived in Manhattan / NY. And then I tried to grown up and leave that the party scene all my behind and I moved to LA. So come to think of it from a outsider point of view, may be I had the worst decision by moving here on my own, but honestly, that was what I want and I really like where I am at, at the age of 24.

As I told you earlier, tonight is like any other night for me. Me and my friends hanging out in our favorite spot because I’m trying my best effort to keep myself away from the world widely famous Hollywood clubs. Oh and by the way I’m Diana.

“What do you have a taste for tonight, Hun?” Jennifer AKA My favorite bartender asked me while I just stopped at my usual spot.

“IPA” I said “Rough day” I added while she nodded understandingly.

“Is Joe here yet?” I asked.

“Nope I didn’t see him, may be he is upstairs. You know, flirting with some chick.”

“Duhh.” I smiled.

I was searching for some familiar faces to go and chat with them. Disturbingly, I saw a one, hot familiar face in the crowd. That made me put in a utter shock. ‘What the hell?’ I thought to myself. There is Katsuya right across the street, and W Hotel, couple of blocks away. This is definitely not a place for him to come and hang out. Well, considering his whole image with the tattoos and tight jeans, maybe this is a place for him but honestly why? It’s not a big thing for me to see a celebrity here but considering him in this 3 dollar beer place, got me big time. I just laughed at the facts that seeing my childhood crush in my Dillon’s.

Slowly walked my way around him, I know that I got to get his attention somehow. He was with his fiancé though. Don’t get me wrong, in no way on earth, I was willing to fuck him or whatever, I was just playing, messing around and yeah, I was definitely wanted to meet him. He took a sip from his beer and gave me a smile.

“You see, those hat and sunglasses definitely not working.” I joked.

“That wasn’t my intention.” He winked his eye.
“Really?” I asked, caught a break. “Big fan I used to be.”

“Not anymore?” He pouted his lips.

“What can I say? I had grown up.” I laughed and turned my head to his fiancé, whom giving me an evil look by the time I was talking to him.

“It’s Diana by the way” I smiled at her. “Geez, I’m such a rude girl sometime, but my mama didn’t raise me like that.”

With my comment she just laughed right away. From the looks of her, under her whole ‘I’m the ultimate grunge chick’ image, she is such a sweetheart.

Chapter 1

“Do I know you from somewhere?” AJ asked at me while staring deeply trying to figure out where in the hell he knows me.

“Well, have you ever watched a TV show called ‘Black Market’?”

“Oh god, geez that was like one of my favorite shows! You were the Diana!!” Rochelle, AJ’s fiancé exclaimed. I started to feel my cheeks burned with embarrassment. There I was with my childhood crush for god’s sake, AJ Mclean from Backstreet Boys, and his fiancé just told me she was a fan of my prime time tv show once it went on for two seasons last year.

“Oh yeah, now I remember, you were the hot serial killer from CIA, right?” AJ approached my bare shoulder.” Good job girly, Rochelle was addicted to your show, she got me hooked.” He joked.

“Yeah, too bad that they ended up so quickly.” She added.


“Thanks.” I said blushed a little.

“Seriously, why did they cut it off?” AJ asked, looking interested.

“Because they wanted to invest on the “Heroes” more.” I rolled my eyes, I couldn’t believe that, that subject still making me angry. I was so upset when they cut off my show all of a sudden.

“We really need to introduce you with Nick, he was obsessed with you. Now I remember that, if it wasn’t for Rochelle made me watched your show, Nick made me watched it when we were on the Unbreakable tour.” AJ joked.

“What?” I asked dumbfounded.

“Nick.”

“I got that part.”

“Yeah, he had a big crush on you.” He laughed.

“Seriously?” I asked again with big eyes.

“Oh my god, yes.” Rochelle told. “You were one of our favorite subject to talk when I first met him.” She added, giggling.

“He’s not going to believe who I am with right now.” AJ exclaimed while he was reaching out his phone from his pocket.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked nervously. ‘How on earth Nick Carter had a crush on me?’ I thought to myself. I never thought myself as a celebrity. Yes, I was on a prime time adventurous TV show called ‘Black Market’, but it was only on the air for two seasons plus my character wasn’t anything but special. And Nick Carter used to date with Paris Hilton, right?

“Calling Nick.” Rochelle giggled.

“Well, you shouldn’t.”

“Why not?” AJ said while he was taking his sunglasses off.

“Don’t try to work your magic on me. “I joked while he was looking at me like puppies with his big chocolate brown eyes.

“Isn’t he something?” Rochelle joked while giving him a quick peek on the lips.

“I guess so.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Excuse me ladies.” AJ left us while he was dialing apparently Nick’s number.


He got backed after approximately 15 minutes later, with an evil smile on his face.

“He owns me big time for that.” He laughed.

“What did you say to him?” I asked nervously while his smile turning into a laughter. “Hey, this is not funny at all.” I added.

“I didn’t do anything.” Gave Rochelle a wink, “I just told him that the woman of his dreams turned out to be a Backstreet Boys fan, but no worries I didn’t tell him who you were.” He joked. “He needs to come here to figure out by himself.” He added with a satisfied smile on his face.

“That’s not pleasant.”

“Don’t be like that. He s the heartthrob .Every girl would like the idea of meeting him.” He defended himself.

“Well, maybe he is the heartthrob, but I’m not 15 anymore, and just for let you guys know, you were the one I always liked” I said.

“I already guessed that. Charming, isn’t he?” Rochelle joked.

“Seriously, you guys are weird.” I said while I was shaking my head.

“Duhh.” AJ nodded.

“Oh, and it’s not that he is unbelievably charming, it’s just that I’m into bad boys” I snapped, making her giggle.

“Hey, I’m not that bad.” AJ throw his hands in the air.

“I’m talking literally here AJ. Have you checked yourself in the mirror lately? You would be the term of bad boy in the dictionary.” I laughed.

“That was mean.”

“No, that was reality.”


Couple of hours and bunch of IPA’s later, I felt much more relax than I usually feel. I started to like my new company. Before I moved to LA I would have never guessed that one day I would meet one of the Backstreet Boys, but now here I am and getting comfortable with my favorite BSB guy and his adorable fiancé.

“I need to pee guys” I excused myself from the couple.

“That was unnecessaribily honest.” AJ joked.

“What? Do you think, cute girls don’t pee?” I asked matter of factly which put a giant smile on Rochelle’s face.

“Funny D.”

“Don’t tell me, we started to give each other nick names, bad boy?” I joked.

“Don’t you have pee to do?” AJ snapped, laughing.

“Right.” I nodded and left the couple.

Rochelle’s POV

“I liked that girl.” I told to J.

“She is funny.” J commented to me.

“I think they will instantly click with Nicky.”

“Hey!” Nick shouted at us from the other corner of the bar. “I thought you have someone with you that I have a huge crush on.” Nick asked, while walking towards us.

“Don’t be nervous, she just left for the toilet.” AJ joked.

“She? I thought you meant he?” Nick asked dumbfounded.

“Dude, since when did you start liking guys instead of girls? Am I missing something here?” I said.

“Considering J telling me something, I thought he played. You know, he would be messing with me like he would be with Chuck Norris, and telling me that he is with some hot chick that I had a huge crush on.”

“I’m definitely not Chuck Norris.” Diana entered the conversation which made three of us turned to her.

Nick’s eyes got open widely.

“You! ” He exclaimed.

“Me?” She smiled at him while shaking Nick’s hand.

“Oh! My God! ” He said, staring at her.
Chapter 2 by mychickbad
CHAPTER 2

Diana’s Pov

The very next morning I woke up with huge hangover. Wait a minute; did I really meet with AJ Mclean and Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys? Or was I just imagining the whole thing? Well, I tend to be the imaginary girl. Don’t get me wrong though, it was a pleasure to meet with them, but I was getting beer after beer, shot after shot with two guys whom were trying to keep their soberty. So it wasn’t really cool of me. I didn’t put myself into whole black out thing, thankfully.

I had fun with them, Nick was trying to flirt with me which was totally adorable, however I had one rule with guys like him, I’m not going into that road with them. I’m not dating celebrities. I tried once, while I was acting for my tv show and it didn’t turn out nicely, so I had that rule with myself. And dating with Nick Carter, definitely a no-no. He is cute though, sad but true. And let me tell you something, he s a hottie. While all the girls in the bar trying to impress him, he was acting cool with that, politely ignoring anyone outside our foursome. May be that’s because he grew up with that, naturally humble or maybe he was just trying to show-off me, and I liked that.


After we got out from bar, Nick suggested us to go to his place to have couple of more drinks and maybe watch a movie or so. AJ and Rochelle totally downed for that idea while on the other hand I doubted it. It was because I was already drunk and I’m not their friend exactly. Yeah, maybe we get along well but we were in a bar and if you aren’t a total jerk, I can get along with everyone. That’s in my nature, I’m a friendly person. So we exchanged numbers with Rochelle, whom is the most friendly girl I met in a long time and promised each other to keep in touch, and went into our separate ways. The guys and Rochelle looked disappointed. Now, I’m thinking about it after a week later, I totally feel stupid that I didn’t say yes to Nick’s offer. I should have said yes but I didn’t. Anyways, today is a new and challenging day I have an audition for a big Hollywood flick and I need to meet with my manager in two hours. I should get ready or I would be late.

Same day, 4 Hours later
Rochelle’s Pov


“Don’t tell me, he is daydreaming again?” I asked AJ while eyeing Nick whom sitting on the other side of the backstage. They have a gig for today, here in LA and I needed to do stage make up for Nick.

“I don’t know babe” AJ replied while rolling his eyes.

“Hey dork” Brian patted Nick’s baseball cap.

“Hey, what was that for?” Nick quickly stand up from where he sat.

“That was for you daydreaming again for the second time today, wonder who you were thinking about?” Brian joked.

“Dirty Diana, duhhh.” AJ exclaimed, laughing. Nick started to blush like a 16 year old kid which made me giggle.

“Dirty Diana? Huh?” Brian asked. “ No, I really don’t wanna know.” He added while whistling the infamous MJ song and went off for soundcheck.

“FYI, I wasn’t dreaming about Diana.” Nick said while I started to do his make up.

“FYI, What are you, 12?” I snapped. “Honey, it’s a good thing that you actually have a crush on somebody who has brains.” I giggled.

“Yeah man, that was one cool girl.” AJ added.

“Guys, I just got out from one long term relationship, I’m not going into that road again.” Nick told us, clearly disturbed with the subject.

“So you were considering, asking her out?” AJ asked.

“Man, am I missing something here? I practically invited to my place out of all the places in the world? She totally blew us off, remember? She is not interested,and she made it clear.”

“Are you hear what you were saying?” I asked. “Seriously, you just won’t ask her out because she refused your invitation to your place?” I added. Men, they are all the same, even my monkee sometimes. And being Nick Carter, definitely not helps the situation either.

“Yeah Nick. She probably didn’t know about your rule with your house.”AJ said. I just rolled my eyes, Nick has that weird rule about his house, unless he really feels like he likes the girl, or trust the girl, he just hangs out anywhere but his place. For him to invited Lauren to his place took 3 months, AJ told me when I first met the guys.

“You know what, I’m gonna call her and invite her to your guys show.” I exclaimed.

“That’s a one good idea, babe” AJ replied while kissing my cheek. Nick just rolled his eyes.

“What? She gave me her number, remember? And what can I say, I liked the girl.”

“Easy.” Nick tapped on my shoulder and leaving the room for join the other guys.

“Are you playing the matchmaker or what?” AJ joked.

“I just have that weird feeling about those two. I can totally see them as a couple.” I said and found Diana’s number on my phone.

“Hey girly.”

“Oh hey Rochelle, long time no talk my friend.”

“Yeah, sorry about that, I was meaning to call you sooner but dealing with work and planning a wedding, didn’t help.” I smiled at myself, thinking about the wedding always put myself a goddamn smile.

“I can totally relate to that except for the wedding part.” She joked.

“So I was wondering what are you plan on doing this evening? The guys are having a show here in LA at House of Blues, so I wanted to invite you.”

“Oh really that would be so cool but unfortunately I have to be at some work dinner with my agent tonight. I got a lead role from some Hollywood flick which will be co staring with Leo DiCaprio can you imagine?” She exclaimed happily.

“Wow girl. That’s awesome . Congratulations!” I practically shout .

“Thanks girly. But you know what, I have that new movie coming on to the theatres next Friday so this Friday there will be a red carpet event. I was costarring with Vin Diesel so if you guys wanna join me I would be so happy. You can feel free to invite Nick and the other guys and their wifes of course as well. It would be fun.”

“Oh sure that would be cool. Any hot scenes with Vin?” I joked.

“Mannn.. Damn that guy he was one hell of a kisser.” She laughed which made me giggled .

“So I’ll send you the VIP tickets if you will text me your address info and see you there I guess.” She added cheerfully.

“Definetely. Can’t wait.” I said and clicked the phone off.


After I got off the phone with Diana I went into the stage to see what the guys are upto. They were messing around with Baylee on the stage while doing the soundcheck at the same time.

I waited for 45 minutes tll they finish off their soundcheck to give the guys the recent news and invitation. I was so curious to see what Nick’s gonna say about that.
End Notes:
Feel free to review !!!Thanks :)
Chapter 3 by mychickbad
Author's Notes:
Here is another 2 more chapters!! Hoe you will like it.. Please review :)

CHAPTER 3

Diana’s Pov

Friday came so quickly. I was planning to meet with Rochelle, AJ and whoever they come with after the red carpet event. The after show party. Everybody was in rush. My team came to my house early in the morning, started to do my hair and make up. I was planning on wearing red Marchesa gown with Christan Louboutin heels.


People are already fussing and gossiping about the movie so much, but I was thinking it was because I was costarring with Vin and he wasn’t really a romance /chick flick actor. Some critics already started to written meanful things about him even though they didn’t see the movie yet.

“Are you nervous?” Vin asked me when we were in the limo going to the theatre.

“I’m. I think I’m going to get sick.” I said to him, smiling nervously.

“You know what, I have a good feeling about this. I think we’ll be fine. And don’t worry you look gorgeous.” He said, winking his eye and smiling charmingly.

‘Wow, I’m really doing this…’ I thought to myself, being an actress I always planned on being on Broadway but life doesn’t always give you what you want.

“Are you ready?” He asked me one more time while we stopped in front of the theatre.

“I’ll never be” I laughed it off and he helped me getting out from the car. The media and paparazzi’s were getting crazy. The flashes were everywhere. I spotted my manager in the crowd. Slowly walking towards to him while giving some autographs to people. The flashes started make me nauseous.

“There you are, princess.” Ricky, my manager hugged me. “ They need to take your picture in the carpet.” He hold my hand and dragged me in front of the cameras.

15 minutes later I was done with the press, trying to find my best friend and other guests that I invited. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any of them because of all the hustle. Anyhow, I got myself into the theatre with my manager and waiting nervously for movie to start. I was trying to playing it cool but it was more than my dreams…

Rochelle’s Pov

“Thanks for dragging me some stupid Hollywood movie event.” Nick whispered in my ear while we were posing for cameras.

“Hey I’m doing this for you.” I snapped.

“I really don’t think that would be helpful. We couldn’t even get near to her. “ He told me, looking pissed. “ Thanks guys, enough with the posing.” He shouted at the paparazzi’s.

“You know what “ AJ looked at him “Whatever.” He added while he saw his look on his eye.

“Hey, she is a nice girl and she invited us and I really wanna see that movie. Plus, being on red carpet instead of busted infront of some stupid bar is a good press for you two. So stop whinning Nick because you didn’t get any attention yet.” I told to them while we were walking into the theatre. AJ quickly approached my hand and squeezed it.

2 hours later, I was almost on tears. The movie was about a soldier whom just returned from Iraq and afterwards he fell in love with his psychotherapist at the recovery center. It was a chiché story but on the other hand I found it meaningful, and either Vin Diesel or Diana played it very well. From the looks of the guys , I can see they liked it especially Nick.

“So you wanna go say hi to her and congratulate?” I asked him while people were starting to leave the theatre one by one.

“Yeah.” He said.

“Hey girly.” I said to Diana while approached her shoulder.

“Oh hey Rach, I thought you guys didn’t make it. I’m so glad to see you here.” She hugged me.

“You look fantastic.”

“Thanks honey, you too.” She smiled and turned to guys.

“Was it really boring for you two?” She smiled nervously to the guys.

“No I really liked it. Good job D.” AJ told to her

“Thanks AJ. I appreciate it.” She quickly added.

“Yea, you look beautiful.” Nick finally speaked.

“Thanks Nick.” She said, smiling. I totally saw her blushed.

“So you guys wanna join me at the after party? I’m desperately alone tonight I couldn’t find my either best friend or the other friends before the movie.” She laughed. “Plus, I’m dateless.” She added while looking at Nick.

“Of course we will, won’t we Nick?” AJ asked.

“Yea,sure.”

Chapter 4 by mychickbad
CHAPTER 4

Diana’s Pov

You've got fashion and style
I'm lovin' your smile and
The way you get down
I can't see no one else
It's you by yourself, yea
In spite of the crowd
(Baby no one else matters)

It started off with a kiss
Never expectin' this
And now I'm here copin' with
My addiction (addiction)
It started off with a kiss
Never expectin' this
And now I'm here copin' with
My addiction

While all the girls say


I'm addicted to you
You're my addiction
I'm addicted to you

You're my addiction


When I'm lookin' in the mirror
Honey, you are all I see
And it could not be no clearer
That I need you here with me


I was hopin you'd notice
The way that I like to
Have you around
Listen and you will find that
Your heart beats for me
Girl, I hear the sound


It started off with a kiss
Never expectin' this
And now I'm here copin' with
My addiction (addiction)
It started off with a
Never expectin' this
And now I'm here copin' with
My addiction

While all the girls say


I'm addicted to you


When I'm lookin' in the mirror
Honey, you are all I see
And it could not be no clearer
That I need you here with me


I'm addicted to you
You're my addiction


Oh the after party. I knew that I was going to see something like that. People were having fun. Don’t get me wrong after couple of awkward moments with Rochelle AJ and Nick we finally made our way to the party. It was at W Hotel. The press was going crazy when we made our way to the entrance. Seeing me with Nick and AJ gave them definitely the wrong idea. They were shouting how long we’ve been dating? Me and Nick. Yeah that was definitely one big mistake that I did. Ricky approached me quickly and asked me ‘what was wrong with me?’ and ‘out of all people why would I decided to come to the party with Nick Carter?’

“I wasn’t thinking clearly Rick, I’m sorry.” I whispered in his ear.

“Don’t be. Now it’s damage control time” He said while pushing me in front of the cameras with Nick.

“I’m so sorry.” I told Nick while he quickly nodded his head and smiled reassuringly.

“It’s ok.”

It was terribly too much flash for one single night. While the press saw us together coming to them they started to ask their nonsense questions.

“Guys, Diana and I, we are not dating so calm down, there are unfortunately no juicy details you can get from us tonight.” Nick told them quickly while I was just trying to protect my eyes from the flashes. “She becomes a good friend of our group when we met couple of weeks ago. You see AJ and his fiancé is here with us tonight. And we are just celebrating Diana’s first movie which is totally rocks! You guys should go and see the movie.” He added and then winked at me which totally made me melt at that moment. Well, if we would lived in medieval times, he would definitely be my knight in shining armor.

“Thank you.” I said in his ear, and after that we started to pose with Rochelle to the cameras.

“So tell me what’s going on between you two? Anything I should know?” Ricky asked me, raising his eyebrow when we finished our posing.

“Excuse me.”

“You and Nick Carter?”

“Not that it’s any of your business but nothing s going on with me and him except that he is a friend.”

“I’m your manager D.” Ricky looked disbelief.

“Well then, if you’re my manager instead of pushing me in front of the cameras with him, just do your job and manage the situation without Nick’s saving my ass for tonight.”

“He is no good for you.” He snapped.

“What?” I practically shout at him which made the trio turned to us. “Last time I checked, in your business term it says that you can manage my contracts and my agenda, find me the suitable roles for some good movies or whatever. You can’t manage my dating life. So excuse me but I have a party to catch.”

“Nobody’s going to take you seriously if you’re planning on dating him. He dated with Paris Hilton for God’s sake.” He yelled at me while I joined the others to going into the bar.

I started to feel my cheeks burned with embarrassment.

“I’m so sorry.” That was all I could managed to say when we finally sit in the VIP area. He just nodded at me and turned to Rochelle.

“I need a bottle of Jack and Ciroc.” I said to the waiter. AJ looking at me confused.

“So.” He started.
“I need to celebrate.” I cut off his words.

“With a bottle of whisky and vodka.” He asked.

“That’s what the alcohol s for.”

“Are you sure, you are ok, hun?” Rochelle approached this time.

“Yeap, I need to have fun.” I smiled at her. Ricky made his way to us.

“If you want to change your dress sweetie, I booked a room for you.” He told me. Yeah, even though he is pissing me off nonsense sometimes, I m still glad to have him around.

“Thanks Rick. Excuse me.” I told the people at our table.

Rochelle’s Pov

“That is why exactly I didn’t want to do anything with her.” Nick told AJ and me, while Diana heading towards the elevator.

“Hey, her manager is a jerk, man.”

“No, her manager is absolutely right. That girl, she is going to be a star and me, well, no offense J but nobody’s taking us seriously anymore in the states, man. She seriously doesn’t need someone like me.”

“So you really like her?” I asked Nick.

“I mean yeah, I m attracted to her physically and everybody knows that but also she is a nice girl, I can see that. I wouldn’t want to destroy her career before it starts.” Nick said, disappointed.

“I think you are looking from the wrong perspective. I think if something’s going to get happen between you two, it will be good for both of your careers.”

“No, I dated with Paris, remember.” Nick laughed nervously. “It’s just that people are still talking about me and Paris‘s relationship, I just can’t believe that.” I nodded “My past is still haunting me, and I can’t do anything about it.”

“You can do something about it, screw what the others say.” AJ told all of a sudden. “ Men, I got into rehab and I got on Oprah to faced the world. I told the world that I was an addict. It wasn’t easy and I know it wasn’t exactly the same thing that you needed to put through in your life but look at me now, I’m engaged, I’m happy, I’m satisfied with what I became. Sometimes you just need to take control in your actions. Just make sure that you’re not going to let yourself down that every mistake that you re going to make in that road.” He smiled slyly.

“Oh and don’t make that girl upset.” He pointed at Diana whom walking towards to us, smiling. “My fiancé really likes her; she would probably knock you in the nose if you would do something bad.” He laughed.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10269