The Story Of Our Life by colorguard_diva
Summary: Take a peek into the life of Nick and Ashton Carter. Follow them as they try to keep their marriage alive. Watch them as they parent the gaggle of geese they call their children. Each day is filled with laughter, joy, tears, fighting, etc. It's our life and we wouldn't trade it for the world.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 26641 Read: 28092 Published: 11/22/10 Updated: 04/07/11
Story Notes:
ON HIATUS: I'm taking a break from Nick and Ashton. I promise that I will come back when the time is right to finish their story.

1. Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

2. Chapter 2 by colorguard_diva

3. Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

4. Chapter 4 by colorguard_diva

5. Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

6. Chapter 6 by colorguard_diva

7. Chapter 7 by colorguard_diva

8. Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

9. Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

10. Chapter 10 by colorguard_diva

11. Chapter 11 by colorguard_diva

12. Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva

13. Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

14. Chapter 14 by colorguard_diva

15. Chapter 15 by colorguard_diva

16. Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

17. Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

18. Chapter 18 by colorguard_diva

19. Chapter 19 by colorguard_diva

20. Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

21. Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

“Mommy, Liam and Lucas are bugging me.” Aiden yelled as he ran into the kitchen.

“Keep your voice down. I’m trying to get Rory to sleep.” I rubbed the back of the little cherub I was holding in my arms.

“Sorry. They keep messing with my legos.” He whined. At that moment he sounded just like his father.

“Let me put Rory in the nursery. Then I will talk with the boys.”

We both walked out of the kitchen. Aiden ran to the living room. I headed upstairs. I walked into the nursery and put Rory in her crib.

She was growing so fast. It was hard to believe she was six months old. It was even harder to believe all of my children were growing up. Jackson was a senior in high school. Rachel was a sophomore in high school and would be driving in less than a year. Aiden was nine going on twenty-nine. The triplets were going to be four on New Year’s Eve.

When Nick told me he wanted a bunch of children, he wasn’t lying. Most days I loved being a mom to seven kids. Other days I think I wanted to kill my husband. Today was one of those days. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. I couldn’t wait for Nick to get home.

I slowly walked into the living room. Liam and Lucas were trying to knock down the house Aiden was building. He tried to remain calm, but his temper that we got from me, was starting to show.

“Liam James and Lucas Jerald come here please.”

Two little dark haired boys toddled over to me.

“Yes mommy.” Liam smiled at me. Lucas stood next to his brother.

“Should we knock down legos?”

“No mommy. We sorry.” Lucas apologized. Liam nodded.

“Tell Aidy you’re sorry.”

They ran over their brother and hugged him. They all fell to the ground laughing.

I notice Logan sitting on the couch. She was staring into space. She was my quiet child. I was worried about her. She hardly talked or interacted with her siblings or peers. Being that the triplets were born premature, the doctor said they may have some developmental delays. Liam and Lucas were flourishing. Logan was behind them developmentally. She was the smallest of the three only weighing three and a half pounds at birth.

“Hey mom! We’re going to go upstairs and study.” Jackson said as he and a petite blonde went up the steps.

“Keep the door open.” I yelled.

Jackson was a spitting image of his dad. It wasn’t any surprise that he brought a girl home to study. He had recently started taking an interest in girls. Before that all he cared about was soccer. Sometimes I wished he was still obsessed with just soccer.

I realized I had about five minutes before I had to start supper. I scooped Logan up on my lap and gave her little kisses all over her face. She smiled at me. I closed my eyes and held her tightly.

My five minutes were up. It was awfully quiet upstairs. I decided to go check up on my teenaged son. When I got upstairs the door was closed. I knocked on the door, but didn’t get a response. I put my ear to the door. It was very quiet. I knocked once more and called Jackson’s name. There was no reply. I slowly opened the door.

What I saw astounded me. My son was sitting on his bed with his pants down and the girl kneeling between his legs. I couldn’t believe my son was doing that with the door unlocked. Any of his siblings could have walked in.

I cleared my throat and they didn’t even move.

“Excuse me, but I think you need to leave. Jackson, put your pants on.”

The little tease got up and walked out of the room. She rolled her eyes as she passed me. Jackson looked pissed and embarrassed. He raked his hands through his blond spiky hair.

“I don’t know what to say to you. We’ll talk when your dad gets home.”

I made my way to the kitchen. I don’t think my day could get worse.

I put the meatloaf in the oven. I took the potatoes and started mashing them. At least I could get my frustrations out that way.

I couldn’t believe my son was getting a blow job. Was I that stupid to think he would wait until he was older? I had to remember that his dad was having sex at sixteen. I just hoped he wasn’t having sex. Call me old fashioned, but I didn’t want my son to grow up. I was having a hard enough time with him being a senior in high school. I was feeling tired and old.

“Honey, I’m home.” He kissed my cheek.

“Hey.” I said glumly. I added butter to the mashed potatoes.

“What’s wrong baby girl?”

“Everything and anything. It’s just been a bad day.”

“It can’t be that bad.”

“Oh it is.”

“Tell me.” He sat on a stool at the island.

“Well, I had a heck of a time getting Rory to nap. I just put her down an hour ago. Lucas and Liam have been getting into everything. I’m worried about Logan, and I just caught your oldest son getting a blow job from some blonde tease from school.” I slammed my head on the island.

“I’m sorry baby girl. Your day sucked.” He rubbed my back.

“To top it off, I’m exhausted. All I want to do is sleep. I have to take Rachel to dance and get the invitations ready for the Christmas party. Plus we have to talk to Jackson.” I started to cry.

“I’ll take Rachel to her dance class. I will put the kids to bed. We both will talk to Jackson. It will be okay.”

“I hope so. I don’t think I can do this any more.” I felt a panic attack coming on.

“Breathe baby. Go lie down. I’ll finish dinner and feed the kids. Then I will bring you up a tray.” Nick kissed me.

“Thanks Nicky. I love you. You’re the best husband.”

“Anything for you. I love you, always and forever. Now go get some rest.”

I slowly left the kitchen and went upstairs.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2 by colorguard_diva

Nick sat around the dining room table with his six older children. By no means was the meal quiet, but then again nothing at the Carter house was ever quiet.

“Here’s the game plan. I’m taking Rachel to dance. Jackson you are in charge of the younger kids. Make sure Aiden does his homework and reads for twenty minutes. Then you can give the triplets a bath. I’ll be back to put them to bed. Check on Rory. She might wake up. Let you mom sleep. She’s not feeling well.”

Jackson rolled his eyes. He didn’t feel he should always have to watch over his siblings. They weren’t his kids. Actually he didn’t mind most days, but he was pissed at his mother.

“Rachey, go get ready. We leave in ten minutes.” He turned toward his son. “Jacks we'll talk when I get home.”

“Whatever dad.” Jackson stood up, pushed his chair in and left the room.

“Daddy what’s his problem. He’s kissed off.” Liam wiped the mash potatoes off his face onto his shirt.

“That enough Liam. Let me wipe you off.” Nick cleaned up his messy son. “Go play.”

Liam, Lucas, and Aiden scooted out of the room and went to find Jackson.”

Logan remained at the table. She was taking tiny bites of meatloaf. Nick smiled at his only quiet child.

“Oh baby, how I wish you would talk to us. Though at times I wish the rest of your brothers and sisters would be silent.” He placed a kiss on her head. She looked up at him with a blank stare. After Christmas they were going to take Logan to see a specialist.

------------------------------

Jackson helped Aiden with his homework and gave the triplets a bath. His mom was still sleeping. He attempted to do his homework, but his thoughts were elsewhere. His nerves were getting the best of him. Jackson was unsure about the talk he was going to have with his dad.

“We’re back.” Rachel sang as she entered the living room.

“Rachel can you give the kids a snack and tuck them into bed? I need to talk to Jacks.”

“Of course daddy. Kiddos lets go.” She marched them into the kitchen. “Ooh Jacks is in trouble.”

“Fuck off, Miss Virgin.” Jackson gave her the middle finger.

“That’s enough Jackson Nickolas. Let’s go down to the studio.” Nick followed his son into the studio.

Jackson sat down on the couch and stared at the red ceiling. It needed painting.

“Tell me what happened.” Nick sat across from his son.

“Mom gives me no privacy. She’s on me constantly. Rachel can have her door closed with a guy in it. I don’t think that’s fair.”

“That doesn’t explain what happened today.” Nick stated firmly.

“Fine. She caught Bianca sucking me off.”

“Okay.”

“Dad it was embarrassing. Bianca is the hottest girl at school. She’s going to tell everyone.” Jackson grumbled. “I’ll be the laughing stock of school.”

“Oh poor Mr. Popularity. Someone might make fun of you. I feel so bad.” Nick taunted. He found high school drama a bit ridiculous.

“You and mom don’t get it. Everyone makes fun of us. They keep calling us the Duggars and asking when mom is going to pop another baby.”

“I’m sorry you are getting teased, but let’s focus on today.”

“Fine. Mom got all pissy on my again. She walked in and asked Bianca to leave. Mom is all worried now because she thinks I’m having sex.”

“Well are you?” Nick asked calmly. He was glad he never had to have this conversation with his own dad.

“Dad, what seventeen year old boy do you know is a virgin?” Jackson asked incredulously.

“I get it. Don’t you think you should wait until you’re in a relationship?”

“Dad, this isn’t the nineties. I’m careful. I used protection.”

“Protection doesn’t always work.” Nick raked his hand through his hair. He was frustrated with his son’s answer for everything.

“You and mom are proof of that.” Jackson laughed.

“That’s not funny. We are married and can afford to have kids.”

“If you got a girl pregnant, could you afford to take care of it?” Nick questioned as he stood up.

“I won’t get myself into that situation.”

“Jacks, stop acting like a cocky prick. That’s not you. I don’t know who you are trying to impress at school, but you’re at home. If you want you can be ground for the next month or so. I know there’s a dance coming up soon.”

“Fine dad. I can’t wait to go away to college. I need some peace and quiet. Are we done?” Jackson sighed.

“You need to stop giving your mom a hard time. You treat her with respect or you will deal with me. Give me your cell phone and go do you homework.”

Jackson threw his phone at Nick and huffed away. Every night at eight o’clock the kids cell phones were give to their parents until the next morning. Nick definitely didn’t want this Bianca girl sexting his son. She sounded like trouble.

-----------------------------

I woke up when I felt Nick sit down on the bed. I looked at the clock. It was ten thirty. I couldn’t believe I slept all evening and still was exhausted.

“Hello Sleeping Beauty.”

“Hi.” I stretched and sat up. “What are you eating?”

“I have rainbow sherbet, corn chips, and a meatloaf sandwich.”

“Eww…that’s gross. Why are you dipping your chips in the sherbet?” The sight of his late night snack was making me nauseous.

“Sorry. I talked to Jacks.”

“How did that go?” I looked at my husband.

“As well as expected. Jackson’s so moody lately.”

“I know. He practically hates me. I remember how I used to be his world.” A couple of tears fell down my cheeks.

“Ashy, he still loves you. You’re his mom.” Nick comforted his wife.

“So is he having sex?” I got up and started to undress.

“Please don’t mention sex when you are taking your clothes off.” Nick stared at his wife’s body.

“Nick, I’m not the beauty you married. Answer the question.” I put my nightgown on.

“You're beautiful to me.Yes, our son is having sex.”

“What the hell? He’s too young.”

“Baby girl. I know it sucks. It doesn’t make me happy, but he waited longer than I did.”

“Yeah, I forgot about you and Kalla.” I pretended to vomit.

“Umm…she wasn’t my first.” Nick looked away from me.

“Who else did you sleep with?” I smacked him in the arm, as I got into bed next to him.

“Ouch. I lost my virginity at fifteen with some girl named Megan. She was like eighteen.”

“You’re an ass. Why didn’t you ever mention this to me?” I smacked him again.

“Didn’t think it was important.” He smiled at me.

“Men you are all alike.”

“How’s that?” He smirked as he questioned me. I wanted to scream.

“Horny.” We both started laughing.

“Yeah apparently Jackson is pissed because we have such an active sex life. He says everyone picks on him because we breed like the Duggars.” Nick chuckled and kissed me on the lips.

“If I had that many kids, I would cut off your penis. I think we are more like the Brady Bunch. Don’t kiss me, your breath stinks.”

“You hurt me. I’m still hungry. You want something to eat?” He got up.

“Can you bring me a banana with peanut butter?  Get yourself something healthy. You are starting to get a tummy, Mr. Carter. What will the fans think?”

“Leave my tummy alone. I don’t care what the fans think.” With that comment, Nick left the room.

 

 

Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

Nick walked into the bathroom as I was hugging the toilet. It seemed like I had been there for hours. The queasiness hadn’t stopped yet. I wanted to die or somehow be put out of my misery.

“Baby girl, how long have you been in here? Are you okay?” Nick sat beside me and rubbed my back.

“I feel like death. I haven’t felt this nauseous since….” I sat up and gave my husband the evil eye. “Oh fuck no...I was pregnant.”

“Are you sure it’s not the flu or food poisoning?” He suggested lightly.

“Get the hell away from me.” I quickly stood up and went into our bedroom. Nick followed me.

“Ashton, you need to calm down.”

“Just stay away from me. I can’t stand you at the moment. I don’t want to stay calm. You’re a dead man, if I am fucking pregnant again.” I threw my hairbrush at him and left the room.

How did this happen? Well, I know how it happened. I needed to stay far away from my husband. I swear I got pregnant just by looking at him. Don’t get me wrong. I loved being a mom, but I spent almost my whole marriage pregnant. Why couldn’t Nick have the babies?

I was acting totally irrational. I admit it. Hell, I didn’t even know if I was actually pregnant. My sixth sense told me I was. Just call me fertile Myrtle. No wonder Jackson hated me. I totally got it now.

I walked into the nursery. Rory was sitting in her crib cooing to herself. She looked at me and started clapping her hands. I picked her up and placed kisses all over her face.

“Baby girl, go back to bed. I’ll take care of the kids this morning.”  He said as he entered the nursery.

“Nick, you can’t keep doing everything for me. I’m not incompetent.” I was mad at him. Everything was his fault.

“I know that. I’m trying to make things easier.” He took Rory from me and started changing her diaper.

“Now I feel like a slacker.”

“You’re not a slacker. I’m trying to be helpful.”

“Fine, Nick. What time do you need to be at work?”

“Baby girl, I’m taking the day off. I’ll drive Aiden to school and take the triplets to story hour. You just rest and relax.”

“Fine. I’m going to take a pregnancy test while you’re gone. If it’s positive you might not want to come home.” I left the room. Nick just laughed.

-------------

“Dad, where mommy?” Lucas asked as he drank his milk.

“Mommy isn’t feeling well.”

“What wrong with her?” Liam put his toast on Jackson’s plate.

“Her belly feels yucky.”

“She’s probably preggo again.” Jackson said under his breath and rolled his eyes.

Nick decided to ignore his oldest son’s comment. He really didn’t want to have a discussion with him before school. Logan tugged on Nick’s arm.

“What you want Lo Lo?”

She pointed to Nick’s lap and smiled. He picked her up. Then she grabbed a piece of apple off of Jackson’s plate.

“You hungry little mouse?” Jackson tickled his little sister’s side. She looked at him and hid her face in Nick’s chest.

“Finish up Jacks. Where’s your sister? You’re going to be late.”

“I’m right here daddy. Is it okay is Kolby comes over after school?  We have a project to do for youth group.”

“That’s fine. You two better get going.”

----------------

Nick tiptoed into the master bedroom. He did not want to disturb his wife. He noticed she wasn’t in bed. Nick decided to look in the bathroom. Slowly he opened the door. The next thing he knew he was getting hit in the head with a pregnancy test.

“I told you not to come back here if I was pregnant, but being the stupid asshole you are you came back.”

“Aww baby girl.” He sat on the side of the tub.

“Don’t baby girl me. I can’t believe you got me pregnant again.” I buried my head between my legs and sighed loudly. I just wanted to scream.

“You know you’re excited. I’m excited.” Nick rubbed my back.

“I’m excited, elated, overjoyed, enthusiastic, and jumping for joy. Just wait for the back flips; they will be coming any minute.” I said dully. Nick looked at me quizzically.

“I know you are stressed at the moment. Jackson’s graduating this year. He’s all grown up. Rachel’s turning into a woman. You’re worried about Lo Lo and busy with the rest of the crew. I know it’s hard. Ashton you are the best mother in the world. If anyone can handle another kid in the mix, it’s us. It’s just one more baby to love.”

Nick put things into perspective for me. He was right. We were just going to have one more baby to love.

“I don’t admit this very often, but you’re right. After this one, we’re done making babies. We don’t want Jackson having a coronary.” I joked.

“I love you, but your mood swings this time are terrible.” Nick picked me up and carried me over to the bed.

“I can’t help it. You got me this way, so you my dear are just going to have to deal with it.” I teased.

“Really now?” He kissed me slowly. His hands moved to my stomach and rubbing it gently, causing me to moan.

“Where are the little ones?” I asked as nibbled on his neck.

“Brian’s daughters Karah and Tarah are babysitting for the afternoon. I thought we needed some alone time.” He growled in my ear.

Nick lifted up my shirt and placed tiny butterfly kisses all over my stomach.

“I love kissing your pregnant belly.” His hands moved to my breasts and he hovered over my face

“I’m not even showing yet.” I smiled.

“You will soon. Make love to me.”

Nick and I didn’t need to talk anymore. We were going to use our bodies to show how much we loved each other. Being with Nick, I knew everything would be okay.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4 by colorguard_diva

“Right this way Mr. and Mrs. Carter.” The nurse called us in. We followed her into the examining room.

Nick placed Rory on the examining table. We were there for her six month check up.

“Good morning Carter family.” Dr. Viceroy smiled at us. She was always very friendly. Rory cooed and clapped her hands. “She’s a very happy baby.”

Dr. Viceroy started examining Rory. She sat there smiling and playing with a little stuffed bear the doctor gave her.

“Is your husband’s day filled with appointments?” Nick asked.

“Umm…I believe he just had a cancellation. Do you need a pap smear, Nick?” The doctor joked as she was looking at Rory’s ears.

“No.  Ashton needs a pregnancy test.”

“Well, I know that I’m pregnant. We just want to confirm it.”

“Well this beautiful girl is very healthy. She’s right where she should be. How’s Logan doing?” Dr. Viceroy was holding our little pumpkin.

“We’re still worried about her. She’s starting eat a little more. Lo Lo is making more facial expressions like smiling, but it’s not all the time. Most of the time she’s staring off into space and she’s still not talking. We are going to see Dr. Martin after Christmas.”

“Good. Dr. Martin will be very helpful. I’ll go get my husband.”

The doctor left. Nick was bouncing Rory on his knee. She was giggling. My stomach was feeling unsettled. I reached for my purse and took out a package of crackers. I started nibbling.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Carter. Wow, Rory’s getting big. My wife said you think you’re pregnant.”

“Yeah. I think after seven pregnancies I know the signs.” I commented.

“That is true. When was your last period?” He asked.

“October fourth.”

“I’m going to take some blood and then I’ll do an ultrasound.” He put his gloves on and took my hand. He quickly drew some blood.

I looked at Nick. Rory was fast asleep against his chest. It was a precious sight that made tears fall from my eyes. He smiled at me.

“Lie back.”

I did what he asked and lifted my shirt. Dr. Viceroy placed the cold gel on my stomach. Nick was by my side, holding my hand. We all looked at the screen.

“You are definitely pregnant. It looks like you are due in July. Make an appointment for two weeks from now. Congratulations.”

“Thanks Dr. Viceroy.”

----------------------------------------

“Family meeting in five minutes.” Nick yelled loud enough for the whole family to hear.

I sat on the couch with the triplets. They were listening to Aiden reading a story. Rachel walked in a sat down next to Aiden. Jackson walked in looking pissed that we disturbed him.  Nick walked in holding Rory.

I picked up Logan and placed her on my lap. Nick sat down next to me.

“Is this going to take long?” Jackson asked rudely.

“Jackson, you’re so rude. Chill out.” Rachel was sick of her brother’s attitude.

“Go to hell, Ice Princess.” He flicked his sister off.

“Both of you stop.” Nick warned. He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

“You’re kissing daddy off.” Liam yelled at his older siblings. We all started laughing.

“That’s enough Liam. We have something we want to tell you.”

“All of you are going to have a new brother or sister in July.” Nick gushed.

I looked at the reactions of each of my children. Aiden was in deep thought. Rachel had a smile on her face. Jackson had his head tipped back with his eyes closed.

“Mommy, I be a big brother and take care of new baby like Rory.” Lucas said walking over and giving Rory a kiss. She balled up her fist and punched him in the nose. “She punches hard.”

“Mom and dad, do you know how much it’s going to cost you to have one more baby?” Aiden said. He was the businessman of the family.

“No Aiden, we don’t. Write it down for us.”

“Mommy congrats. You’re such a great mom. This baby is going to be so lucky to have a mom like you.” Rachel hugged me. “Daddy. I’m so happy for you. This baby is going to have so much fun with you as its dad.”

“Thanks Rachel.” Nick hugged his daughter.

“Okay, little ones lets go watch a movie in the rec room.” She took Lo Lo and placed her on the floor. Then she picked up Rory. The rest of the kids followed her.

I sat there watching my oldest son. He wouldn’t even look at us. I knew he was upset. I understood why he was mad, but it hurt me.

“Jackson do you have any thoughts about this?”

“Dad, do you want my honest opinion or do you want me to say what you want to hear.”

“We want your honest opinion. I can see your upset.”

“I’m more than upset. This is fucking ridiculous. I can’t believe you got her pregnant again. Can’t you use a condom?” He raised his voice. His words stung me.

“Your mom and I’s sex life is not your business. If we want to have twenty children, we can.” Nick was frustrated at his oldest son’s attitude.

“Oh, but you can butt into my sex life.”

“That’s different Jackson. You’re still a minor. I’m sorry if I embarrass you. It was never my intention to embarrass you. I can’t make you be happy about this, but that won’t change the fact that you are going to be a big brother again.”

“Whatever.” He got up and walked out.

------------------------------------

Jackson sat on his bed and dialed a number.

“Hello.”

“Hey Karah.” He said glumly.

“What’s wrong?”

“Mom’s pregnant again?”

“You don’t sound happy.”

“I’m not. It’s embarrassing.”

“Why?”

“Why do you have to question me about it? I just want to complain.” He started kicking his soccer ball between his feet.

“You called me. I’m just trying to be a good cousin.”

“Sorry Karah. I’m acting like a prick.”

“You are.” She laughed.

“Go to hell.”

“So why are you embarrassed?”

“All my parents do is have sex. Then they freak out about me having sex. It’s ridiculous.”

“You’re not going to like what I have to say.  They are adults in a relationship. You’re a teen. There’s a difference.”

“No one ever is on my side. Everyone at school makes fun of us. We have a huge family.”

“Get over yourself, Carter. You should consider yourself lucky. You have a family that loves you. I was stuck with a mom that didn’t even want me or my sisters. She made that known to us everyday. She didn’t even love my dad. You’re parents love and adore you. Jacks, you don’t know how lucky you are.”

“Karah, I’m sorry.  I didn’t even realize how jerky I sound.  I’m sorry your mom treated you that way. At least you have your dad. He loves you so much.”

“I forgive you. My dad is great. Just be thankful you have a wonderful family. I got to go. Sarah wants to go shopping.”

“Talk to you later Littrell.” Jackson flipped his phone shut.

Karah made him realize he was acting like a jerk. Things were going to change.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

Nick was sitting in IHOP with his daughter. It was a monthly tradition to go out to breakfast with Rachel. He enjoyed bonding with his daughter.

“How’s school Pookie?” Nick asked his daughter.

“It’s good daddy. I love my drama class. Auditions for the spring musical are coming up.”

“Are you going to audition?”

“I might. I probably won’t get a leading role, but I would be happy dancing in the chorus.” Rachel played with one of her curls. It was a habit she had been trying to break since she was twelve.

“I think you would be great at whatever part you get. Tell me more about Kolby.” Nick was interested in the guy she had recently become friends with.

“I met him at youth group. Tarah introduce us. He goes to Tampa Christian Academy. He’s sixteen and just got his license. He also took the purity pledge and is waiting to have sex until he’s married.”

“He sounds impressive. Who are his parents?” He sipped his coffee.

“Well his mom is Tracy Baxter. His dad lives in L.A. He only sees him in the summer and at Christmas.”

“That must be hard for him. Makes me glad I get to spend all my time with you and your siblings.”

“Daddy.” She giggled. “Kolby says his dad knows you.”

“Who’s his dad?”

“Justin Timberlake.”

Nick coughed on his coffee.

“You okay daddy.” Rachel got up and patted him on the back.

“I’m fine.” He coughed. “You just startled me. So are you still doing the purity pledge?”

“Yes, daddy.  I pledge to wait until marriage when I was thirteen. I’m not going to change my mind. Did you know Brian’s daughters made that same pledge? Only Sarah broke it.”

“You’re becoming so mature. It’s hard to believe you’re fifteen. I remember when you were just a baby.” Nick smiled at his daughter.

The waitress brought their food and they began to eat.

“I know daddy. At least some of your children are maturing. Jackson such a creep.” Rachel took a bite of pancake.

“He is isn’t he?” Nick laughed. “Does he really get picked on at school?”

“Maybe a little from his friends. He spends more time making fun of me.”

“Why is he making fun of you? Why aren't you telling mom and me about it?” Nick asked seriously as he ate his breakfast. He got so much information when he talked to Rachel.

“He teases me about being a virgin. He thinks it’s funny that I don’t have sex. I don’t tell you or mom because you have so much going on right now. You have all the little kids to take care of. You have Logan to worry about. I don’t want to bother you about it. I really don’t care about Jackson.”

“Rachey, if something is bothering you please tell us. We have time for all of our kids.” Nick never wanted his children to think they didn’t have time for them. Each one was special.

“I know daddy. It’s really not a big deal. Jackson is mad at the world. I’m just his target. I have a thick skin. He’ll need me one day.” Rachel smiled at her dad.

“Anything else you want to tell me.”

“Nah. Can Kolby come to our family Christmas party?”

“I think that would be fine.”

-------------------------------

“If you give a moose a muffin, chances are he’ll want some jam.” Aiden read aloud to his little sister. Logan started bouncing on the couch.

“M…m….m…” She mumbled so quiet Aiden didn’t hear her.

“So you’ll bring out some of your mother’s homemade blackberry jam.”

“M….m….m…m…mmm.” Logan said in a louder voice.

“What did you say Lo Lo?” Aiden asked not sure if she said anything.

“M…m…mmm….mmm.”

“Lo Lo you’re talking. Let’s go tell mom.”

He pulled his sister off the couch. Then he dragged her into the kitchen.

“Mommy, Logan’s talking.” He said excitedly. Logan broke free from Aiden and started spinning around.

“Logan, stop honey. Come talk to mommy.”

Logan looked at me and smiled. My heart melted. Then she started spinning again.

“Aiden tell me what happened.” I inquired curiously.

“I was reading If You Give a Moose a Muffin. She started say m…m…mmmm. She did it more than once. I promise I’m not fibbing.” He said his emotions getting the best of him. Tears were about to fall from his eyes.

“I believe you. Why don’t you get the book and we’ll see if she will do it again.”

Aiden ran back to the living room. I prayed that he was telling the truth. My heart was breaking for our little girl. This would be the first time she spoke. God had to have heard my prayers these last few years.  I was also realistic to know that she would never talk.

Aiden brought the book into the kitchen. Logan saw the book and grabbed her brother’s hand. They both sat on the floor. Aiden opened the book and started to read.

“If you give a moose a muffin, chances are he’ll want some jam.” Aiden read slowly.

“M..m…mmm…mmm….mmmmm.” Lo Lo said quietly. Tears streamed from my eyes. My heart was in my throat. My baby was making sounds. God was answering my prayers. I knew we weren’t out of the woods yet, but this was the hope I was waiting for.

“So you’ll bring out some of your mother’s homemade blackberry jam.” Aiden continued on.

“Mmm…mmmm…mmmmmmm.” She smiled at me.

“Little mouse, you’re talking. Mommy is so proud of you.” I picked her up and gave her a tight squeeze.

“MMMMMM….MMM….MMMMM.” She screamed.

“Good job, Lo Lo. You’re talking. Keep talking little sis.”

“MMMMMMM….MMMMMMMMMMM….MMMMM.” She squirmed in my arms. I let her down and she ran to the door.

She opened the door and starting talking. “MMMMM….MMMMM….MMM…MMMM…MMMMMMMM.”

Nick stood in the doorway with his mouth opened in awe.

“Lo Lo, you talking to daddy?”

She held her arms up, telling her daddy she wanted picked up. Nick scooped her up.  “Talk to daddy.”

“mmm…mmmm….mmmm…mmm…mmm.” She whispered in his ears. I saw the tears drop from his eyes. He placed kisses all over her face. She giggled and struggled to get down.

“MMMM….mmmm…mmmm…mmm.” Logan ran out of the room babbling. Aiden followed her.

“Oh, Ashton. She’s finally starting to use her words. How did it happen?”

“I know, Nick.” I couldn’t stop the tears from falling. “Aiden was reading to her and she started to babble.”

“Baby girl, I don’t even know what to say. We are so lucky. God is so good to us.”

Nick wiped my tears away. I did the same to him. Our lips met in a heartfelt kiss. We were sharing our happiness and joy for what God had given us. We were truly thankful for everything in our life, but especially for our children.

 

 

 

Chapter 6 by colorguard_diva

Nick walked in our bedroom with a package of saltines. He gently placed them in my hand and got back under the covers.

“Thanks sugar lips.” I kissed his cheek.

“Anything for you. I was thinking about something.”

“You were?” I asked in mock surprise. Nick ran his hands through his hair.

“I think we need a bigger house.”

“What ever gave you that idea?” I munched on a cracker.

“I just don’t think there’s enough room with another baby on the way.”

“Nicky, I love this house. Jackson will be moving out soon. That gives us an extra room.”

“What about when he comes home for the summer or on breaks. We can’t have him sleeping in the dog house.”

“Can’t we build him a room over the garage? I just don’t think I could handle moving right now.” I said quietly. The thoughts of moving made me sick to my already nauseous stomach.

“I know you don’t want to move, but baby girl this house is just to small for us. I saw a house that would be perfect for us.”

“Really now? Do tell.” My husband always had some scatterbrained idea.

“It’s gorgeous and located on a private beach. The master bedroom includes a bathroom and a connecting nursery suite. The nursery isn't as big as Rory’s, but you’ll love it. There would be a bedroom for Jacks, Rachey, and Aiden. Lucas and Liam will have a room to share. Lo Lo and Rory will have a room together. The backyard is huge with a swimming pool and enough room for all the kids’ toys. There’s even a guest cottage for your mom when she visits. The basement has an area for Rachey to practice her dancing and for my studio. It’s perfect.” He gushed.

“How are we going to afford this house? It sounds perfect, but it’s got to be expensive.” I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Even though Nick made decent money, we still watched our pennies. With seven kids and one on the way, we couldn’t afford to be foolish with our money.

“Yeah, well the cost is high, but I think we can manage.” He looked at me.

“What’s the cost?” I raised an eyebrow at him. I knew it was going to be high from the look he gave me.

“Umm….six million.”

“Are you out of your fucking mind, Nickolas Gene Carter?” I screamed and hit him with my pillow.

“There’s no need for violence.” He kept my pillow.

“You are the dumbest man I ever met. Why did I ever marry you?” He smirked at me, which pissed me off even more.

“It must be those hormones. You know you love me.”  He reached out to hug me. I scooted closer to the edge of the bed.

“This has nothing to do with hormones. It has to do with your stupidity. I know that we aren’t destitute, but how can you sit here and justify spending six million on a house?”  I questioned. He had better have a good answer.

“I know the developer for the house. He’s a good friend of mine.”

“Good now I can kill you and Howie.”

“Just listen to me. I wanted this to be a surprise, but I kind of ruined it by telling you. I suck at secrets.”

“Just tell me.” Being married to Nick was like being married to a five year old.

“I just sold my music mixing software to Nintendo. They are creating this new gaming system that includes a music creating software and design program.”

“OH, NICK!!! That is wonderful. I’m so proud of you.” I scooted closer to my husband and pressed my lips to his. It was a passion filled kiss that left me wanting more.

“They bought it for forty million. Plus, I will make one million for the next five years.”

“Wow! You’re amazing baby.” I beamed at him. He made me so proud.

“I have another secret.” He paused. “I already bought the house.”

“Nick, I better like this house. If not, you can go live in it by yourself. There’s no way I’ll let you back out on Howie.” I fumed.

“Trust me baby girl, you’ll love the house.

------------------------------

I have to say that Nick knows me better than I know myself sometimes. He was right about the house. It was absolutely breathtaking. The house was open and full of sunlight. The yard was ten times bigger than the where we lived now. The beach was behind us. It was everything I wanted and more. I couldn’t wait to move in.

Nick and I decided to show the house to the kids. They were running around looking in all of the rooms, while Nick and I sat with our feet in the pool.

“Mom, this house is awesome. Did you see the little dance room?” Rachel sat down with us.

“I know.  This house is perfect for us.”

“Mommy, we want peerates.” Liam announced.

“You want what?”

“Peerates.” He looked at me like I had three heads.

“I think he wants pirates.” Nick whispered in my ear.

“You want pirates.” He nodded.

“For da room.” Lucas added.

“Okay. We can decorate your room in pirates.”

“Yea.” They both sang and started running around.

All the kids were playing with Nick. I noticed Jackson was missing. I went into the house to find him. I found him sitting on the window seat in the living room.

“Jackson are you okay?” I gently touched his shoulder.

“I guess.” He quickly rubbed the tears from his eyes.

“I know you hate me at the moment, but I’m here for you.”

“I don’t hate you mom. Everything’s changing. I don’t think I can deal with it all.” I rubbed his arm as I sat down next to him.

“I feel the same way. Things have been hectic these past few years. Each time I think life has slowed down, something new comes up.”

“Mom, that’s exactly how I feel. I’m almost finished with school. I don’t know what I want to do. I don’t know where I want to go to school. I have nothing figured out.”  He raked his fingers through his hair. He reminded me of his father.

“You’re seventeen; you don’t have to have everything figured out. I’m forty-two and more clueless now than I was at your age.”

“I get jealous of Rachel. She has everything planned and figured out.  Rachel wants to go to New York and be a Rockette. She’s waiting for true love to sweep her off her feet. Girls only want to sleep with me because I’m Nick Carter’s son.”  Jackson shared with me honestly.

I felt like a horrible parent. Where had I been to not notice my son was hurting? Was I so focused on the little ones that I forgot my older children needed me? I certainly wasn’t mother of the year.

“Jackson, you are a wonderful young man. Anyone who doesn’t see that is blind. Don’t settle for any girl. The right one will come along. Your focus should be on having fun and enjoying your senior year. I know college is coming right around the corner. What might you be interested in?”

“I was thinking about sports medicine or physical therapy.”

“I think those are excellent choices. You are smart and can do anything you put your mind to.”

“Mom, I’m sorry for being such a jerk lately. You didn’t do anything wrong. I was angry at the world, and I took it out on you. I’m sorry.” I pulled him into my arms.

“I love you Jackson. More than you’ll ever know. If you have a problem, come to me. I’m here to help you.”

“Thanks, mom. Congrats on the new baby.”

We sat there hugging each other. Being a parent was never easy. I may have thought everything was fine with my children, but they each had their own set of issues.

 

Chapter 7 by colorguard_diva

 “So how are we going to promote the new CD?” Howie said as he tapped his pencil on the table.

“When does the single hit the airwaves?”

“Between Christmas and New Year’s. The CD is going to be released at the end of January.” Kevin read from the record company memo.

“We could do a small promotional tour and hit some smaller venues or clubs.” AJ proposed.

“How long would this promotional tour be?” Nick asked seriously. He didn’t know if he could leave his wife alone with all the kids.

“I was thinking from the start of the new year until the release of the CD. That would be like three weeks.”

Brian walked in to the meeting room. Everyone looked up at him.

“Sorry, I’m late. I kind of lost track of time.” He said smiling.

“What’s the smile for? Did you get lucky?” AJ teased.

“My sex life is none of your business.” He sat down next to Nick.

“Oh so you did get lucky.” Nick patted him on the back. He was happy to see Brian finally start dating.

“So who’s the lucky woman?”

“I’m not telling. What did I miss?”

“We are planning to do a promotional tour that will end at the release of the CD.” Kevin informed his cousin.

“Are we going to tour after the release?”

The guys are stared at each other. It had been about five years since they toured. In reality they all knew they need to do a full tour to keep the fans excited.

“I think we should. The fans will expect it and we can’t let them down. I think we need to do the states, Canada, Asia, Europe, and South America.” Howie commented.

“Are you sure you want to spend one to two years touring? I don’t know if I want to leave my kids for that long.”

“But you know the fans get mad if we skip them.” Howie replied while taking a drink of his coffee.

“I get that Howie, but Jackson’s going to be graduating. We are still working out what is wrong with Lo Lo. Ashton is pregnant again. I know she’s going to freak out about a world wide tour.”

“Nick can’t you keep it in your pants. Why you trying to out do us with all these children?” AJ teased.

“Go to hell, McLean. I can’t help it I’m so hot, my wife wants to do me all the time.” Nick said with a cocky tone.

“Shut up, that’s my sister you’re talking about. I don’t want to know that you impregnated her again. You need to get yourself fixed man.” Kevin groaned and threw a pencil at Nick.

“I still think we need to do a world wide tour.”

“Howie you can bring your wife on tour with you. I can’t bring my whole family with me. It just wouldn’t work. Can’t we just start with a North American tour, and then see if we want to tour the rest of the world.”  Nick said trying to be fair to everyone. He knew he was being selfish, but his family was important to him. He couldn’t spend that much time away from them.

“I think that is doable. I know that Arizona wants Kohana to start preschool.”  Kohana was the little girl they adopted from China a few years ago.

“It works for me. Tylie is starting horseback riding lessons.”

“What do you think Brian?” Howie asked feeling somewhat annoyed.

“It works for me. My girls are grown, so I am free do whatever.”

“I guess that settles it. I will let management know about the promotional tour. They can start setting up dates. Let’s meet after Thanksgiving.” Howie gathered up his paper.

“I need January second off. We are meeting with a specialist for Lo Lo.”

“Fine, we will schedule the first show after that.” Howie was annoyed. Actually he was jealous of everyone because they had the family he always wanted.

----------------------------------------------

I was putting away the groceries when Nick walked into the room. He looked just as stressed as I did.

“How was your day?” “How was your meeting?” We said at the same time. I looked at him and started to laugh.

“Yeah, I can tell your day was as good as mine.”  Nick started putting groceries away.

“Logan had a melt down in the store. She was didn’t want to go into the store, so she started screaming. It took like twenty minutes for her to settle down. Luckily I remembered that I had a copy of If You Give a Moose a Muffin in the car. That calmed her down enough that I could do the shopping. Then Rory spit up all over herself. It was a disaster.” I sighed.  He took me in his arms and comforted me.

“I’m sorry you had such a horrible day.”

“It happens. I don’t think it would have been so bad, but the morning sickness is lasting all day. I still feel sick to my stomach. Liam got in trouble at playgroup today. He tried to take a toy from another little boy. When he wouldn’t give it to him, he punched the boy.  What else can happen today? How was your meeting?”

“It was boring as usual. We were discussing a promotional tour and a North American tour.” Nick said nervously.

“Sounds like fun. Tell me more.” I sat down at the island with a packet of saltines and a can of ginger ale.

“Well, the promotional tour will be the first three weeks of January. I made sure we didn’t start until after Logan’s appointment.”

“That’s good. It will be weird without you home.”

“I know. I don’t want to leave you alone with all the kids. That’s a lot to handle.” He said with concern. He placed his hand over mine. It was hard to believe our love was just as strong as it was when we first fell in love.

“I’ll be fine Nick. I know you are concerned. I appreciate that. Rachel and Jackson will be able to help out.” I didn’t want him to know that I was nervous about taking care of the kids by myself. Logan’s issues were getting worse as the days went by. I was pregnant and had an infant to take care of. Rachel and Jackson could only help so much. It wasn’t there job to raise their younger siblings. I didn’t want him to feel burden and not be able to continue his career because of me.

“Ashy, I think you need someone to help you. Do you think we can ask your mom to come and help?”

“Nick every time you go on tour, I’m not going to ask my mom to come help. It makes me look helpless. I can take care of my kids.” I said irritably.

“You are a strong independent woman. That doesn’t mean you don’t need some help. You’re having our baby. You don’t need any more stress than you already have. I want mommy and baby to be healthy. You are going to need some help. I’m going to make sure you get that help.”

He kissed me on the lips. I loved that my husband cared so much for me. He made me love him even more. I didn’t think I could love a man that much, but everyday my love for him grew stronger.

Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

The month of November was flying by quickly. It was Thanksgiving. The whole family was in the living room watching the Macy’s parade. I was preparing dinner. I could hear the kids giggling. It brought a smile to my face.

I was cutting up potatoes when Nick entered the kitchen.

“How’s it going? You need some help?” He sat down at the island.

“It’s all good. You can stay and talk to me.”

“What are our plans for the day?”

“Dinner should be ready by two.  Kevin wants us to come over for dessert around five.” I placed the potatoes in the mixer.

“Who’s all going to be there?”

“My mom, Brian, and the girls. Kevin wanted to keep it low key this year.”

“That’s good. You don’t need to be around a lot of stress right now.” Nick walked to the fridge and took out the pumpkin pie.

“Yeah, we have enough stress of our own. Stop eating all the pie. I think you’ve gained five pounds in the last week.” I rubbed his belly. He was definitely gaining weight.

“I can’t help it. Every time you get pregnant, I gain a ton of weight.” He sprayed a ton of whipped cream on his pie.

“I can’t help it, that you get all of the pregnancy cravings.” I teased.

I started taking out the ingredients for the pumpkin cheesecake I was making for later in the day. A wave of morning sickness came my way. I set down the cream cheese and ran to the bathroom.

I sat on the cool tiled floor after puking my guts out for the second…no third time today. It was only ten thirty. All I wanted to do was curl up in the covers and go to sleep.

--------------------------

The table was filled with a ton of food and my beautiful family. I was thankful for all of them.

“I hungwy. I wanna eat some turk...ay.” Lucas smiled at me.

“Who would like to say grace?”

“I will.” Rachel volunteered. “Dear God, thank you for this blessed day. Bless our family and the food we are about to eat. We are truly grateful for what you have given our family. May we continue to be blessed?  Amen.”

Food started to be passed around. I wasn’t even hungry. I helped the triplets with the food they wanted. I placed a slice of turkey and some mashed potatoes on Logan’s plate. She started shaking her head no.

“Lo Lo you need to eat.” I said calmly as I placed cranberry sauce on her plate. She continued to shake her head.

“Sweetie, just take one bite for daddy.” Nick tried to get her to settle down. She was not listening to either of us.

“Watch it. You almost knocked over my milk.” Aiden screamed. That got my attention.

“Can everyone just calm down and eat quietly.” Nick suggested. The older kids just rolled their eyes. They weren’t doing anything but trying to eat dinner.

I watched everyone quietly eating. Liam was making a mess. He was eating with his fingers instead of a fork. There was food up to his elbows.

“Liam James, please use your fork.”  He smiled at me.

“But it tastes so much betterer with my fingys.” Liam stuck his fingers in his mashed potatoes and gravy, and then stuck them in his mouth. I was slowly starting to lose my patience.

Dinner was actually quiet for once. Usually there was lots of talking going on. The pregnancy was making me irritable. Nick was annoying me by ignoring what was going on at the dinner table. I looked over and saw Aiden and Jackson elbowing each other for the last crescent roll.  Before I could say anything, Aiden’s cup of milk was on the floor. Milk splattered onto Rachel.

“Would you two stop? Look you got milk everywhere, including my plate.” Rachel hissed. She was ready to kill her brothers. Lucas and Liam started laughing. Aiden started crying.

“Enough. Can we try to have a relaxing dinner? Jackson, go get a rag to wipe up the milk.” Jackson sighed and got up.

“Why do I have to do everything?” He mumbled as he left the room.

I was ready to cry. Thanksgiving was not turning out the way I had planned.

Liam was under the table licking up the milk.

“Look mommy! Liam is a kitty cat. He’s drinking like a kitty cat.” Lucas shouted.

“Liam James, you need to be in your seat by the count of three. One. Two. Three.”

Liam James crawled out from under the table. He had the biggest smile on his face. I think he was proud of the fact that he licked up milk like a cat.

“Meow…Mee-ow…Meow. I’m a kitty cat.”

“Liam, mommy asked you to sit down. Please follow directions.” Nick reminded his son.

Jackson came back and started to clean up what Liam didn’t lick up. When he was finished, Jackson slumped on his chair.

I thought everything would settle down after that, but clearly I was wrong. I noticed Lo Lo had not eaten anything on her plate. She was busy staring into space.

“Lo Lo, take a bite of your cranberries.” I encouraged.

She looked at me and shoved her plate on the floor. Then she started screaming and crying. Logan jumped off her chair and ran into the living room. I started to get up and chase her.

“Mom, I’ll go get her.” Rachel dashed out of the room.

Tears started to fall from my eyes.

“Are you okay, baby girl?” Nick asked in concern.

“Does everything look okay?” I snapped at him.

“I’m sorry things are such a disaster.”

“Well you aren’t helping by just sitting there. I can’t do it all myself.”

“Maybe that’s why you shouldn’t have eight kids.” Jackson muttered under his breath so no one could hear.

“I am so sorry that you’re dad knocked me up and it interferes with your social status. I’m sorry I try to take care of all of you and no one gives a crap.” I stood up and walked out on Thanksgiving dinner.

“Jackson that was uncalled for. You’re mom is doing her best to make today perfect. Finish your dinner.” They all ate in silence.

-------------------------------

Nick walked into our bedroom. I was sitting on the window seat. I was not in a good mood.

“Ashton, I’m sorry about what happened at dinner.” Nick apologized. I continued to ignore him.

He sat down next to me. I turned my back to him. I was in no mood to talk to him or anyone else. I wanted to be left alone. I wanted to runaway and never come back. The tears were still falling from my eyes.

“Baby, wipe your eyes.  Cause I don’t want to see you cry.” He sang to me. “I don't want you thinking I'm a bad guy.”

“Nick stop it. This is not the time to be singing to me. I’m upset. I don’t feel good. I just want to be left alone.” I growled at him.

“Ashy, it’s almost time to go to Kevin’s.”

“I’m not going. I don’t feel like being around happy people. I’m going to bed. I’ll see you when you get back.”

“How am I going to get seven kids to Kevin’s by myself?” Nick asked with annoyance.

“I’m sure you can figure it out. If I can do it everyday, I’m sure you can do it this one time.” I got up and walked into the bathroom. I closed the door and locked it. I was done with Nick for now.

 

Lyrics: Funny Face by Backstreet Boys

 

 

 

Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

“Kids it’s time to go to Uncle Kevin’s house. Rachel will you help the triplets with their coats?  I need to talk to Jackson.” Rachel nodded her head and started helping Logan with her jacket.

“I need you to help me get the kids over there.  You can take Aiden and Rachel with you. I will take everyone else.” Nick told his son the plan.

“Isn’t mom going?” Jackson had never seen his mom not want to visit family.

“She’s not feeling well. After what happened at dinner, I don’t think she wants to see any of us. She’s pissed off about it. Go get Rory from the nursery and we can leave.”

A few minutes later everyone was ready to go. Nick put Rory in her car seat. She was happily babbling. Liam and Lucas were running around in the front yard.

“Let’s go boys.” They continued chasing each other, ignoring their dad.

Nick decided to get Lo Lo in her booster seat. He picked her up and placed her in the seat. Then he went after his two energetic sons. They both thought he was playing so they continued to run around.

“Would you two stop? We need to get to Uncle Kevin’s” He said slightly out of breath. Jackson had already left with the others.

The boys didn’t pay attention to him. He quickly ran toward Lucas and picked him up. Then he carried him to the van. Liam sat on the porch. Nick walked over to him.

“Let’s go.”

“I wanta stay home wif mommy.”

“Mommy doesn’t feel well.”

“I no go. I make her betterer.” Liam stayed firmly planted on the porch.

“We don’t have time for this. We need to leave now.” Nick warned and grabbed his son and lugged him to the car. Liam started crying.

He couldn’t comprehend how his wife did this all by herself on a daily basis. He was having difficulty this one time. Nick gave her a lot of credit.

The twenty minute drive to Kevin’s was pure hell. Liam continued to cry.  This made Lo Lo start to cry. Rory’s babbles got louder and louder. Lucas started crying when he realized he peed his pants. Nick had a headache and just wanted to go home.

When he got to the Richardson house, Jackson, Rachel and Aiden were there to help. He was never so happy to see his older children.

Rachel took Rory. Aiden walked to the house with Lo Lo who stopped crying because he had her favorite book. Jackson placed Liam on his shoulder, which caused him to giggle. Nick grabbed the bag with a change of clothes for Lucas.

Everyone tromped into the Richardson’s house. Kevin and Nia was welcoming them all with open arms. Nick pushed his way through to the nearest bathroom to change Lucas.

---------------------------------

“Kevin, I forgot the dessert. Sorry, man.” Nick said sheepishly. Today had to be one of the worst days of his life. Everything was going wrong since dinner.

“It’s ok. We have plenty. Just sit down and relax. Where’s Ashton?” Kevin asked curiously, not seeing his sister.

“She’s not feeling well.”

“Kevin, can I talk to Nick privately?” Ann asked her youngest son.

“Sure mom. I’ll be in the living room.” He walked away.

Nick sat at the dining room table with his mother-in-law. He loved her dearly. She was kind, caring, and understanding. She was like a mother to him. Ann was priceless.

“You seem a little stressed.” She said with concern.

“Things are hectic at home.”

“I’m sure they are. Ashton tells me some, but I know she’s hiding things.”

“It’s like everything is happening at once for us. Jackson’s graduating. Ash is taking that hard. She’s not ready for him to grow up, but he’s grown up in many ways.  She’s worried about Logan. She’s finally starting to say sounds, but her temper tantrums are getting worse.”

“I know all of that Nick. What is she hiding? She hasn’t been herself the last few times I’ve talked to her. Ashton seemed stressed when I talked to her the other day. I’m worried about her. She takes on to much.”

“Did she tell you she was pregnant?” Nick asked quietly. He assumed that she hadn’t from the conversation they were having. He thought Ann would be the first person she told.

“No, but that explains a lot. What were you both thinking? You don’t need another kid at this point in time.” Ann was furious. I had never seen her this way.

“We didn’t plan for it to happen.”

“Apparently. Did you ever hear of birth control?”

“Yes and we use it.”

“Not correctly. I thought you were both mature adults. How can keep getting yourself into this predicament? I really wonder about you two.”

“Ann, I’m sorry you feel this way. Ashton and I will love our baby just the way we love all of our other children. We will work hard like we always do to take care of our children. I’m sorry you are bent out of shape about this. I’ve never seen you this way. I can see why Ashton didn’t tell you.” Nick stood up and got ready to leave the room.

“Wait Nick. You’re right. I shouldn’t have reacted that way. I’m worried about Ashton. She’s so busy with the kids. She’s worried about Logan. You’re going on tour and leaving her to take care of seven kids while pregnant. That’s not how it should be.”

“What do you want me to do? Do you think I want to leave my family? I don’t, but I have to provide for them. Jackson going to college. Rachel’s getting serious about her dancing. She wants to take more lessons. I have mouths to feed and bodies to cloth. I’m sure the medical bills will be racking up for Lo Lo. What would you like me to do?” Nick freaked out. He was at his breaking point. He felt guilty enough for having to leave his family. Nick didn’t need his mother-in-law making him feel like shit.

“I don’t know. She just sounds so down. Why didn’t she come tonight?”Ann asked softly. She didn’t mean to go off on Nick, but when she realized her daughter wasn’t coming she was upset.

“Thanksgiving dinner was a fiasco. She wasn’t feeling well. The morning sickness has been all day and night sickness this time around. Ashton’s never had it this bad, so it’s been taking a toll on her.”

“What can I do to help you both out?”

“I was going ask you to stay with Ashton and the kids during the promotional tour. Ashton doesn’t want me to ask you, but I would feel better knowing someone was there to help.” Nick looked pleadingly at Ann.

“Nick, you know I have no problem spending time with my daughter and grandbabies. I will stay for as long as you want.”

“Well, I just bought a new house for the family. We have a guest cottage. If you want to move down here, the cottage is yours.” Nick smiled at her.

“Yes, I’ve heard about the mansion er…house. I’ve been thinking about selling the farm and moving down to Florida. You made my decision easier.” She hugged her son-in-law.

“Ann you don’t know how much this means to me. I love you, mom.”

Nick was feeling comforted by the fact that Ashton would have someone to help her when he was on tour.

 

Chapter 10 by colorguard_diva

The family was sitting around the table eating breakfast. The day after Thanksgiving was busy at the Carter house. With the annual Carter family Christmas party two weeks away, everyone would be helping.

“Here is the game plan for today. “ I took a bite of my bagel. “Jackson and Aiden, you can help your dad bring all the boxes of Christmas decorations down from the attic. Rachel you are going to bake cookies with Tarah, Karah, and Tylie. Kevin and Brian are going to watch Rory and the triplets. Nia and my mom are going to help me decorate.”

“It’s a good thing your family loves you. I don’t know anyone who would do all that for someone.” Nick teased, but he was serious. His wife’s family would do anything for her.

“Have you gotten any RSVPs back?” Rachel stuffed a piece of grapefruit in her mouth.

“Aunt Jackie and Uncle Harold are coming this year. All the Richardson siblings are coming.” I replied. “Nick, I got a reply back from Aaron. He’s coming with a date.”

“That’s great. I hope he found someone nice.”

Jackson stood up and took the empty plates to the kitchen. It was time to make the house Christmassy.

-------------------------------

The house was looking somewhat festive. Jackson and Aiden got annoyed with helping their dad and decided to take care of the little kids. This left Brian and Kevin to help Nick. I thought it was kind of dangerous to have those three stringing lights outside the house.

I was decorating the eight foot Christmas tree in the living room. It was my favorite tree. It held a collection of all the ornaments we had bought our children from birth. It brought back so many memories. I think I as teary eyed the whole time I was decorating the tree.

I made my back into the living room. I had made several trips to the bathroom to pee or because of morning sickness. My mother kept looking at me strangely.

“Ashton, are you feeling alright?”

“I’m fine mom. Why do you ask?” I placed the garland on the mantle above the fireplace.

“I’m just concerned with how much time you are spending in the bathroom.” My mom looked at me over her glasses.

I was not in the mood to have a lecture from my mom. I don’t think I was going to be that lucky. My mom had other ideas. She was going to set me on the couch and make me talk. I know that look whenever I saw it.

“I’m fine.” I tried to ignore her.

“I highly doubt that. Why won’t you talk to me?” She sat down on the couch.

“I talk to you everyday. Why would I be hiding anything from you?” I continued to fix the garland, so my back was to my mom. She would take one look at my face and know I was lying.

“Save it, Ashton. I know you’re pregnant. Nick already told me.” Ann said sadly. I knew I had hurt her feelings.

I saw Nia leaving the room out of the corner of my eye. I was now alone with my mother.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Mom, it…just…um never came up.” I lowered my face. I felt guilty for not telling her.

“Every other time you were pregnant I would be the first person you called. Now you don’t even want me to know.”

“Mom, I was going to tell you. It’s different this time.” I attempted to explain. No one, not even Nick could understand how I was feeling.

“Ashton, you seem so unhappy. This isn’t you.” My mom said with worry.

“I’m not unhappy. Everything is just harder. Nick and I are getting along great. Our relationship keeps getting stronger.” I paused. “The kids are growing up. Jackson will be leaving in the fall. Rachel’s a woman. Aiden’s almost ten. The triplets keep me going. Rory is getting big. I feel like I can’t do it some days.”

“Honey, that’s what it is to be a parent. Everything happens at once. It would be too easy if major events happened one at a time, but they don’t.”

“I know that mom. You’re not making me feel any better. There’s so much going with Lo Lo. Her temper tantrums are getting worse. This pregnancy is harder on me. All I do is spend in the bathroom. I’m happy that we are having another baby, but life is just getting in the way this time. There’s no time to enjoy it.” I told her honestly.

“Someday things will slow down. Then you and Nick will be bored. You both thrive on chaos and drama. You always have and always will.” My mom smiled at me.

“There are days I feel like I can’t do it. It’s just too much. Other days, I think I can do it all and more. Lately, though I feel like I can’t do this.” I sighed. I was totally frustrated.

“Have you talked to Nick about this?”

“He’s getting ready to go on tour. How can I put this all on him? Nick doesn’t want to leave us, but he doesn’t have a choice. I don’t want to make things harder for him.” I started feeling anxious.

“Remember that when you stop communicating with your husband things fall apart. You’ve got to be honest. It might help make things easier.” My mom gave me a hug. She did have a way of putting things into perspective.

“You’re right.”

“Plus, I am going to be moving in with you.”

“Really.” I screamed with excitement. I was happy to have my mom living with us.

“Yes. Nick and I talked last night. I’m ready to sell the farm. Nick offered me the cottage. I know you need help. It’s the perfect solution.”

I grabbed my mom and started jumping up and down. Nick and the guys walked in at that moment.

“What’s going on?” Kevin asked looking amused.

“Mom is moving in with the crazy Carter’s”

Nick ran over, put his arms around us and jumped around with us. I felt some of my stress go away. Everything was going to be alright.

We broke apart. “Are you okay with that?” Nick whispered in my ear.

“I’m very happy about that. Thanks for doing this for me. You’re the best husband.” I murmured in his ear.

“I’ll remember that the next time you throw something at me.” He bent down and gave me a long kiss. I forgot that anyone was in the room.

“That’s enough.” Kevin teased. We ignored him and continued to kiss.

 

 

 

Chapter 11 by colorguard_diva

The ringing of jingle bells pulled me away from Nick’s lips. Nick walked to the door. I couldn’t believe he changed the door bell so it would play jingle bells. It was definitely Christmas at the Carter house.

Nick opened the door to a tall curly blond hair teenager.

“Hello Mr. Carter. Is Rachel around?” He said politely.

“Yeah. Come on in. She’s in the kitchen baking cookies.”

Kolby quickly walked to the kitchen. He waved to me as he passed through the living room.

“Who’s that young man?” Ann asked curiously, while placing candles on the mantle.

“He’s Rachel’s friend from youth group.” I said nonchalantly.

“Ray’s got a boyfriend.” Kevin teased. He looked highly amused at the prospect of my daughter dating.

“They are only friends. She’s too young to date.” Nick announced as he sat down on the couch.

“Nick don’t you have more lights to put up?”

“Yeah, but I’m tired.” He closed his eyes for an added effect.

“Get your white ass out there. I need this done before the party.” I threw a wad of tissue paper at him. Everyone snickered.

“Ahh see the abuse I get. After all the work I’ve done, the wife doesn’t appreciate it. You hurt my heart.” Nick got all dramatic and fell to the floor.

“Enough with the theatrics. You will get repaid tonight. I promise. Cross my heart.” I crossed my heart with my index finger.

“I don’t want to hear about his repayment.” Kevin rolled his eyes. Brian stifled a laugh. Even my mom chuckled. It wasn’t like they didn’t know we had sex. Come on, we have seven children and one on the way. Surely, we must be doing something.

“Fine. Let’s go elves.” He pointed to Kevin and Brian.

Rachel and Kolby walked into the living room.

“Daddy, can I use the studio? I want to practice for the audition.” She asked politely.

“Go ahead. Just be careful.”

“Thank you, daddy. I’m just going to use the microphone and the computer for my music.” She gave her dad a kiss on the check. Then she grabbed Kolby’s hand and pulled him in the direction of the studio.

“Are you sure nothing is going on between those two?” My mom asked as the guys went back outside.

“As much as Nick wants to deny it, I think there’s definitely some crushing going on.” I smiled remembering Nick and me at that age.

“They make a cute pair.” Nia commented.

“They do.”

----------------------

“Something has changed within me. Something is not the same.” Rachel sang. “I’m through with playing by the rules. Of someone else’s game.”

She got into the song, forgetting anyone was listening to her. Her eyes were closed and she could feel the emotion of the song she was singing. Usually Rachel was calm and collected, but this song made her feel uninhibited.

“Too late for second guessing…Too late to go back to sleep. It’s time to trust my instincts. Close my eyes: and leap!” She belted out.

Kolby leaned against the doorway starring at Rachel. All he could think about what how beautiful she was. It wasn’t just her looks. She was beautiful with her blonde curls, bright blue eyes, and impish smiled. Rachel had a heart of gold. She was never mean to anyone and always had a positive word to say. He really liked her. She was everything he wanted in a girlfriend.

“It’s time to try defying gravity.” She opened her eyes and stared directly in Kolby’s eyes. She couldn’t take her eyes off of his.

They were saying so much without saying a word. Rachel felt nervous. Kolby silently walked towards her while continuing to looking her blue eyes.

“Rachel, you’re so beautiful.” His hand moved a loose curl behind her ear. Then his hand caressed her cheek. She looked into his eyes.

“Thanks.” She said softly. Her heart was pounding and she could barely breathe.

His face moved closer to hers. His lips brushed her check gently. A shiver went down her spine.

Nick walked into the studio. He noticed it was very quiet. He looked up and saw that his daughter was about to get her first kiss. He slowly backed out of the room. He did not want to get caught. Nick stood in the hall listening to what was happening.

Kolby licked his lips and gently placed them on Rachel’s. It was a sweet and tender first kiss. A few moments later they broke apart.

“Umm…you’re…not mad about that?” He asked her nervously. She shook her head, while trying to gain composure.

“I liked it.” Rachel said shyly.

“Me, too.” He beamed at her.

“What does this mean for us?” She pulled away and sat on the couch.

Kolby quickly found a seat next to her. “I want you to be my girlfriend. I really likeyou, Rachel Carter. I need to ask your parents if we can date. I want their permission.”

“I want to be your girlfriend. My parents are upstairs. Go ask them.” She pushed his arm, hoping he would walk upstairs and ask.

“There are too many people at your house. I have to meet my mom and her new boyfriend. Can I come back and ask them tomorrow? Can you wait that long?” He took her hand in his.

“I can wait as long as it takes. You better go so you won’t be late.” She quickly gave him a peck on the lips.

Nick quickly ran up the steps.

They both got up, and she walked him out.

-----------------------

Decorating the house made me tired. Almost everything was finished. I still had a few more decorations to hang up and about a dozen more types of cookies to make. I appreciated all the help I had gotten from my family.

Nick walked into the bedroom. His hair was still wet from the shower. He was wearing red flannel pajama pants with no shirt. He looked good enough to eat.

“I know a secret.” He sang. He pulled the covers down and got into bed with me.

“You are so bad at keeping secrets. Are you going to tell me?” I chuckled.

“Our daughter had her first kiss today.” My eyes widen. He had to be lying. Rachel would have surely told me.

“You’re lying!”

“I saw it and heard it. It happened in the studio.” He fluffed a pillow and placed it behind his back.

“Why were you spying on them? She would be so pissed at you.”

“I wasn’t spying on them. I needed to check on something.” He smiled sheepishly at me.

“You were spying.” I kissed his cheek. I couldn’t be mad at him. This was my baby, and she was growing up.

“Fine, I was spying.” He rolled his eyes at me. “He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. He wants to get permission from us.”

“Wow, Kolby sounds really mature. What sixteen year old would ask permission to date someone’s daughter? That’s so sweet.” I gushed.

“I guess. That’s my baby. She’s too young to date. She needs to be at least forty.” He said sadly.

“Nick, they have to grow up sometime. I guess we better get used to her dating. I’m sure he’s going to be one of many.” I patted his arm. It was hard for him to see her grow up. She had always been a daddy’s girl.

“Does that mean we’re giving them permission to date?” He grumbled.

“Yes we are. Kolby is a great guy. I think he will make a great first boyfriend for her.”

“But he’s a Timberlake.” Nick whined. I shook my head at him.

“You are too much.” I quickly straddled my husband’s lap making him forget about Timberlake’s and puppy love.

I placed a kiss on his mouth and my hand ran down his chest.

“Are you paying me for my work?”

“The first time we make love will be to repay you for all your hard work. The second time is because I can’t get enough of you.”

Nick’s hands moved underneath my t-shirt. I moaned in his ear. Everything else was immediately forgotten.



 

 

End Notes:
Defying Gravity -- From Wicked
Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva

After church, Jackson and some of his friends settled down to watch some football in the family room. Aiden was reading a book in the living room. The triplets were playing with blocks.

Nick and I sat with Rachel and Kolby in the kitchen.

“Mr. and Mrs. Carter, I think Rachel is a wonderful girl.” Kolby said nervously. “I have spent a lot of time getting to know her. I really care about her. Would it be possible for me to date your daughter?”

Nick and I looked at each other. We both knew it was coming because of Nick’s spying. We gave each other the parent look and turned to face them.

“We think that would be fine.” I said with a smile.

“But, we need to set some ground rules.” Nick said serious manner. It cracked me up because he reminded me of Kevin when we started dating.

“Sure, daddy. We will follow whatever rules you want us to.”  Rachel looked at Kolby. He nodded his head.

“Rule number one is no making out. I don’t mind a small peck on the lips, but nothing more than that. Rule number two, you must keep your grades up and not neglect your families or after school activities. Rule number three, if you are alone a door must remain open at all times. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, daddy. Thank you.” She gave him a hug. Then she walked over to me and gave me one.

“Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Carter. I promise to treat Rachel with respect and honor. I will honor the rules. You don’t have to worry about us having…sex. I took the purity pledge and am waiting for marriage.” Kolby shook Nick’s hand.

“We’re going to go for a walk.” Rachel said as they walked out of the house.

I looked at Nick and started laughing.

“What is so funny?”

“You sounded like Kevy with your rules.”

“She’s my little girl. I can’t let some guy take advantage of her. What kind of dad would I be?”

“I think you are the perfect dad. Go watch the game with Jackson.” I shooed him out of the room. I had cookies to bake and didn’t need him eating all of them.

----------------------

“Dear God, thank you for this food we eat. Amen.” Aiden prayed. Everyone began to it.

“Did you have a nice afternoon with Kolby?” I asked Rachel.

“It was nice. We took a walk on the beach.” She sighed dramatically. Nick looked at her. You could tell he wasn’t thrilled with her having a boyfriend. She was growing up whether he wanted her to or not.

“Rachey has a boyfriend. Rachey has a boyfriend.” Jackson teased.

“Shut up. You are just jealous. You’re such a creep.” Rachel shrieked. She gave her brother a dirty look and he just laughed.

“Why would I be jealous of you and Mr. Church Boy? You both are just so squeaky clean.”

“And what’s wrong with that?” I asked my son.

“Umm…nothing I guess. If you’re Rachel, he’s perfect. I am not into the squeaky clean virginal type.” He answered honestly. This was so not dinner conversation, but getting Jackson to talk was wonderful. He usually kept quiet about this type of thing.

I placed a spoonful of apple sauce onto Lucas’ plate. Then I turned my attention back to my oldest son.

“What’s your type?” Nick asked.

“I don’t really have a type. I’m young and single. I enjoy flirting and dating.” He said cockily.

“But you know you don’t like the good girl.” I looked at him.

“I never said I didn’t like them. It’s just that I find them boring.” He quickly started to eat.

“Mommy and Dad, what’s a milf?” Aiden asked curiously.

I dropped my fork on the floor. Nick started coughing on his chicken. I noticed Jackson sliding down in his seat. I bent down and got my fork.

“Umm…it’s a term people use to describe…umm…where did you hear that Aiden?” Nick attempted to get the words out.

“Jacks and his friends were using that word. His friend Andrew said mommy was a milf. Then Jason agreed with him. Why did he call mom that?”

I was mortified. I couldn’t believe Jackson’s friends were talking about me like that. I struggled to remain to calm, but inside I was seething. I saw that Jackson’s face was red and he looked pissed off and embarrassed.

“Aiden, those boys were saying that they thought your mom was pretty. Milf is a big person word, Aidy. I don’t want to hear you saying it until you’re a lot older.” Nick didn’t feel like that dinner was appropriate place to explain the term to his nine year old.

Everyone continued to eat. I saw Nick whisper in our oldest son’s ear.

----------------------

I sat on the couch cuddling Rory. She was almost asleep.  Nick was having a man to man chat with Jackson. I was getting sleepy. I decided to put Rory to bed. I slowly walked upstairs to the nursery.

Jackson walked out of his room. “Here mom, let me help you put her to bed.” He took Rory from me.

I followed him into the room. He placed Rory on the changing table and put a clean diaper on her. Then he gave her kisses and placed Rory in her crib.

“Thanks Jackson.” I ruffled his hair.

We both sat down on the double rocker.

“Mom, I want to apologize for what my friends said. It was totally inappropriate.”

“You’re forgiven. You have to watch what you say around little ones. Why were you talking like that in front of Aiden?”

“Mom, I swear he wasn’t in there when we we’re talking. I think he was spying. The guys and I were watching the game.”

“Aiden’s a sneaky one. I can’t believe you’re growing up.”

“You say that every time we talk.” He smiled his trademark Carter grin.

“I know. I can’t help it. That’s what mom’s do.”

“I’ve decided where I want to go college.”

“Where’s that?” I looked at my almost adult son.

“I applied to the University of Tampa. I’m waiting to find out if I’ve been accepted.”

“Jackson, that’s a great school. I loved it.”

“I know mom. The way you talked about it, made it sound like the perfect choice for me.” He beamed at me. There was the son I knew when he was seven. He was all about mom.

“I’m proud of you for making the choice on your own. What did you decide to major in?”

“Athletic training.”

“I’m so proud of you.”

Jackson placed his arm around me. We sat quietly rocking. I was going to enjoy every moment I could with my son. Before long I wouldn’t have these moments.

 

 

Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

After my little heart to heart with Jackson, I walked in my bedroom. Nick was lounging on the bed reading a book. He looked sexy in his reading glasses.

“Hey sexy!” I took the book from his hands and set it on the nightstand.

“Did Jackson apologize to you?” He took his glasses off.

“Yes. I can’t believe his friends would say that about me.” I sighed.

“Well, if I was horny teenage boy, I would definitely want to sleep with you.” He kissed my forehead.

“Nick, I don’t see how I could be that attractive to a bunch of teenage boys.” I looked down at my body. It was nothing to brag about.

“Oh, baby girl. You don’t realize how hot you are. Just your boobs alone can make any guy drool.  You have curves to die for and those long legs. You are the only milf I want in my bed.” He nipped at my ear.

I didn’t agree with him. After having seven kids, my body was less than perfect. Sure I had big boobs and curves, but I wasn’t hot. I was just your average middle aged woman.

“Not tonight Nick. I’m tired.” I massaged his shoulders.

“Then stop touching me like that. It turns me on.” He teased.

“Don’t you ever get tired?” I walked over the laundry basket.

“I could never get tired of kissing your body and making you scream.”

I looked at him like he was crazy. After all these years of being together, you would think our sex life would be nonexistent. That was hardly the case. Not that I minded. I loved making love to my husband.

“Nick, do you ever think of being with another woman?” I asked.

“Ashton, what is this all about?” Nick sat up straighter. “That’s a stupid question.”

“It’s not a stupid question. The milf thing got me thinking about our relationship and sex life.”

“There are no other women I would want to be with. I am more in love with you now than I was when we first started dating.”

“Not even some young hot actress?” I questioned. I knew Nick thought I was nuts, but I just needed some reassurance. I was feeling not so hot about my body since I found out I was pregnant again. Gone were the days of wearing a size six. Hell I didn’t even wear a size eight.

“I only want you. There’s no one else that can make me feel the way you do. I know the pregnancy hormones are messing with your mind and the whole milf thing, but you don’t realize how beautiful you are. I think you are the sexist woman alive.” He walked over to me and placed his hands on my hip. He pushed his body close to mine. I could feel his erection through his pants. “This is what you do to me at least a hundred times a day. Don’t you ever believe I don’t want you.”

Nick’s mouth crushed mine. He quickly placed his tongue in my mouth. His hands went to my bra and unsnapped it. I forgot about everything. My senses were heightened. Every nerve ending was on fired. I wrapped one of my legs around his waist. He took my other leg, wrapped it around his waist and carried me to the bed.

---------------------

“Mommy. Daddy. We’re going to be late for school.” I heard Aiden’s voice outside our room.

“Just a minute Aiden.” I got out of bed and grabbed my robe. I glanced at the clock. It was seven thirty. Aiden needed to be at school by seven forty-five. Shit, Nick and I forgot to set the alarm.

I opened the door. Aiden was standing in his pajamas, his dark hair everywhere.

“Where’s everyone else?”

“I dunno. I can’t be late. I’m going to miss my math test.” He started to tear up.

“Let me call the school and let them know what’s going on. Get dressed and meet me in the kitchen.”

“Okay.” He pouted.

“Aiden, they will let you take the test. I promise.” He quickly ran to his room.

I walked back into the bedroom.

“Nick you need to wake up. We slept in. Aiden is late for school.” I shook him

“Let me get dressed and I’ll take him to school.” Nick looked at the clock. “Shit, I’m late for rehearsal. I’ll be back around lunch time. Call Brian for me and let him know I’m on my way.”

-------------------------

Nick walked into the studio. He was tired from the night before. He hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep.

“Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.” Kevin smirked.

“Go to hell.” Nick slid down the wall and laid on the floor. He was mentally and physically exhausted after his night with Ashton.

“Rough night?” AJ asked.

“It was a long night. Didn’t go to sleep until around four this morning.”

“Don’t you two ever stop? I don’t think it’s normal.” Howie complained.

“I love my wife and show here everyday. It’s not my fault you aren’t getting any.”

“I’m lucky I get it once a month.” He gritted his teeth. Nick couldn’t believe how bitter Howie sounded.

“I’m sorry man.”

“I’ve never seen you this tired from sex before.” Brian commented.

“I had to show my wife how gorgeous she was. The hormones are getting to her. Ashton thinks her body’s ugly. I spent all night proving her wrong.” Nick smiled remembering the wonderful night he shared with his wife.

“I don’t want to hear about your night Nicky.” Kevin held his ears. Nick flicked him off.

“I want to hear.” AJ eyes lit up like a kid in the candy store.

“Shut up. She was upset because Jackson’s friends called her a milf.”

“Holy shit.” Brian exclaimed. The guys all looked at him.

“Anyway, Aiden overheard the conversation and asked what a milf was a dinner. It shocked the fuck out me. I started to choke on my dinner.”

“Nick, that's what happens when you have a litter of children. Though you got to admit, Ashton is one sexy mother.”

“AJ shut the hell up. That’s my sister you’re talking about. Can’t we just practice?” Kevin got a pissed look on his face.

Nick slowly got up on his feet. His body had not felt this sore in a long time. He smiled because it was worth it to make his wife happy.

Kevin turned on the music. Nick got into position. At forty he was too old to dance. How could Kevin out dance him when he was so much older. Today was going to suck.

 

 

Chapter 14 by colorguard_diva

I was sitting in the doctor’s office waiting for my appointment. Of course, Dr. Viceroy was running late due to an earlier delivery. I sat in the uncomfortable plastic chair flipping through a magazine. I was bored, tired, and cranky.

Nick wasn’t able to attend the appointment due to some pressing Backstreet Boys meeting. It didn’t really bother me. After seven kids, we both knew the ins and outs of babies.

My mom was at home watching Rory and the triplets. I assumed she had her hands full at the moment. Luckily, Rachel would be home in about fifteen minutes to help.

I looked at my watch. I had been sitting here for almost an hour. I had read about five magazines. I was starting on my sixth, when my cell phone rang.

“Hello!”

“Mrs. Carter, this is Aiden’s school. He’s still here waiting to be picked up.”

“His older brother was supposed to pick him up today. I will have someone come get him as soon as possible. I’m so sorry. Is he okay?”

“Mrs. Carter, Aiden is fine. He’s doing his homework.” Replied the secretary.

“Thanks. Once again I’m so sorry.” I clicked off my phone. Jackson was in so much trouble. I can’t believe he forgot to get his brother.

I quickly dialed Jackson’s cell.

“Hey, mom.” Jackson replied. There was a lot of noise in the background.

“Jackson, where are you?”

“I’m at the mall doing some Christmas shopping.”

“You were supposed to pick up your brother from school today.” I was so frustrated with him. There was no way he would be able to get to Aiden’s school to pick him up. The mall was a good half hour away.

“I’m sorry mom. I totally forgot.” Jackson apologized. I could hear a girl giggling in the background.

“Get yourself home now. We’ll talk about this when I get home.” I hung up on him.

It was know time to make yet another phone call. Nick would have to pick Aiden up. I had no other choice. I hated calling Nick during a meeting.

“Hello. Nick speaking.”

“Nick, you need to go pick Aiden up at school.” I came right to the point.

“Baby, I’m in a meeting. Wasn’t Jacks supposed to get him today?”

“Yes, he was, but he decided to go to the mall instead. I’m at the doctor’s. He is running behind schedule so I can’t get him. You have to get him.”

“Jackson’s ass is grass. I’ll call the school and let them know I will be there in ten minutes.”

“Thanks Nicky. If Kevin gets pissed, tell him to talk to me.”

“I will. I’m going to take Aiden back to the meeting with me.”

“Ok. Love you.”

---------------------------------

When I walked into the house, I smelled chicken and dumplings. What a heavenly smell. My mom must have made dinner. That was very sweet of her.

“Mommy, I got to go to a Backstreet Boys meeting. It was so fun. I want to be a manager. Jenn taught me all kinds of things.” Aiden said excitedly.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it. Is your homework finished?”

“I got it done before daddy picked me up.”

“How was your appointment?” Nick walked in and gave me a peck on the cheek.

“It was good. Dr. Viceroy made an appointment for me in two weeks. He wants to keep a close watch on me because of my age. Is Jackson home yet?”

“Not yet.”

The front door opened and in walked in a disheveled Jackson. He definitely wasn’t shopping.

“Dinner is ready.” My mom called from the kitchen.

“Aiden go eat. Tell grandma that mommy and I are going to talk with Jackson. We’ll eat later.” Nick said as he pointed to the studio. Jackson and I knew what he meant.

The three of us went into Nick’s studio for a family chat. Jackson looked pissed. Nick looked even more pissed. I was tired, annoyed, and hungry. I just wanted to get this over with.

“What happened today?”

“I forgot that I had to pick up Aiden after school. It was a mistake. Sue me.” Jackson answered with attitude.

“Your mom and I both reminded you. Where were you?” Nick sat on the edge of the couch.

“I went to the mall.” Jackson acted coolly. He didn’t seem to care about his actions.

“Where’s your packages? Why are your clothes so rumpled?”

“I left them in the car. A couple of the guys and I were roughhousing.” He had an answer for everything.

“How about I go check your car?” Nick started to stand up. It was like a battle of wills between the two of them.

“Go right ahead. I’m telling the truth.” Jackson glared at his father.

“Give me your keys.” Nick held his hand out. Jackson threw them and hit his father’s shoulder.

Nick picked the keys off the floor and quickly went outside.

“Was the necessary?” I asked quietly.

“Mom, dad is acting like a jerkwad. I’m telling the truth. I made a fucking mistake. I’m not perfect like Rachel.”

“Please watch your language. No one is comparing you to Rachel. You need to let that go. This is about you.”

“Yeah, I’m the only one who ever gets in trouble. I hate this house. Why should I have to be responsible for picking up Aiden?”

“Jackson Nickolas Brian Carter, you act like we make you pick him up every day. I had a doctor’s appointment and you dad was in a meeting.”

“Yes, your lives are more important than mine. I’m just the son who has to obey.”

“You are fortunate to have a car. With that luxury, you also have to help your parents. You knew that from the beginning.” I stopped when Nick walked back in.

“I didn’t find any shopping bags. You can give this back to the girl you were with.” Nick threw a red thong at my son.

Jackson turned five shades of red. He placed the thong in his coat pocket.

“Why did you lie to us?” I asked in confusion. At this very moment, I didn’t know my own son. We didn’t raise him that way.

“Leave me the fuck alone. I hate this house. I hate this family. I wish you would have gotten that divorce years ago.” He stood up and screamed.

“SIT BACK DOWN.” Nick yelled. I had never seen Nick so angry in my life. Jackson immediately sat down. He looked scared.

“Nick, calm down.” Tears started to fall slowly from my eyes.

“Jacks, I’m sorry you don’t like it here. You’re the one making bad choices and lying about them. You need to think about what kind of choices you need to make. You’re grounded until Christmas. That means no social life. I’m also taking your car and cell phone away. I’ll drive you to and from school. You will spend your free time at home.”

“You’re a fucking asshole dad. I hate you.” Jackson tore out of the room.

“Thanks. I love you, too.” Nick screamed.

“Nick, that’s enough. Don’t stoop to the level of a teenager. Did you think he was going to be happy with that punishment?”

“No.”

“Do you think next time you might want to include me in the choice of punishments?”

“I thought you would agree with me.” He looked at me.

“I do, but I would like to discuss it as parents. I thought we were a team.”

“We are a team.” He sat down next to me.

“I know, but sometimes you react without even considering my thoughts about it.”

“I’m sorry. Jackson just gets to me.”

“That’s because you are both so much alike.”

“I know. Let’s go eat. I’m starved.”

He took my hand and we slowly got up. Then we went upstairs to enjoy dinner with our family.

 

Chapter 15 by colorguard_diva

Tis the season to be holly and jolly. The house was completely decorated with every bauble and bow the Carter’s owned.   It smelled like cookies and spices. In just a few hours the house would be filled our closest friends and family.

I had all the little ones dressed in their holiday best. The older ones were at least able to get ready on their own. Now I still had to make sure Nick was getting into his finest dress for the party.

I just stepped out of the bathroom wearing my robe. My curls were bouncing as I walked in on Nick in nothing but his Christmas boxers. At that moment I was ready to forget about the party and devour my husband for the rest of the evening. Maybe no one would notice if we didn’t show up.

“Nick, you look good enough to eat.” Quickly he turned around and smiled.

“Thanks. Tonight you can have your way with me. It’s my gift to you.”

“You’re such a kind guy.” I walked over to the closet and slipped off my robe. Nick’s mouth dropped.

“Let’s forget about the party.  I want you now.” He walked over to me and ran his fingers over my breast. I gasped. My breasts were so tender from the pregnancy. Any touch made me quiver.

“As much as I liked that, I don’t think our guest would appreciate at us making love while the kids entertain them.” I giggled.

I stepped away from my sexy husband. I took my black pants off the hanger and put them on. I started to zip them up, but I could only get it halfway up. I tried again and with no luck I couldn’t get it all the way up. I was already gaining weight. I had just lost this weight and now I was getting it back. Life was so unfair.

I took the pants off and threw them across the closest accidentally hitting Nick.

“Why are you throwing your pants at me?” He picked them up.

“I just bought them a week ago and they don’t fit.” I complained. I was frustrated. “I have nothing else to wear to the party.”

“Baby girl, let’s look through the closet. I’m sure you have something else to wear.”

“Everything else is old. I don’t want to wear old clothes. I wanted to look pretty for the party.” I whined. Life was not fair. Guys just didn’t get it. I knew I was being overemotional but I didn’t care.

Nick ignored me as he pushed my clothes around in the closet. I saw him take two hangers and walk over to me.

“Here are two choices. You can wear the black skirt or the red sundress.” I looked at him and then at the choices. I liked the sundress but my boobs would be popping out the whole night. Nick might like that, but my brothers would kill me. I took the skirt from his hand.

“Thanks Nick. I’m sorry I’m an emotional mess. This pregnancy is gotten the best of me.” I inched the skirt on. As soon as I buttoned it, the button popped off. This didn’t fit me either. “I’m too fat. I have nothing to wear. Damn, I’m not going. You can handle the party yourself.  ”

“Ashton, you are the most beautiful woman. I love you. I think you are the sexiest woman I know. I love your body when you are carrying my child. Why don’t you wear a pair of leggings with one of my long sleeve white shirts and a tank top? You’ll look so sexy.”

“You think so?” He walked over and kissed me thoroughly.  I forgot all about my fatness.

------------------------------

The party was in full swing. Everyone was mingling and enjoying themselves. The kids were running around. AJ’s daughter Kohana was running around twirling around in her red ruffled dress. She kept bumping into Liam and they would giggle. Nick was talking to my two oldest brothers.

“You are absolutely glowing.” Nia remarked.

“Thanks.”

“AJ says you’re pregnant again.” Arizona sipped her wine. She looked amazing. Her short blonde hair was cut pixie style. She had an amazing body. I felt like a blimp next to her.

“Yes, Nick has some really strong sperm, apparently. I swear he looks at me, and I get pregnant.” I joked.

“It’s a miracle you have such an active sex life.” Jordan commented rudely.

“Those two love each other so much. I’m sure they have sex everyday.” Nia smiled at me. She and Jordan didn’t really get along.

“Don’t you think they are a little old for that. I’m lucky I have it once a month.”

“Jordan, you probably schedule your sex with Howie.”

“Nia, some of aren’t horn dogs like the Carter’s. We have more to our relationships than sex and getting pregnant.” Jordan walked away.

The rest of us burst into giggles. Jordan was so over dramatic. I felt bad for Howie. He deserved so much better.

“Mommy, I tirsty. Can I have a dwink?” Lucas asked me sweetly.

“Yes, you may have a drink. Let’s go into the kitchen.” He took my hand and away we went.

“What do you want?”

“Gwape juice.”

Nick walked in as I was pouring the juice. “Here let me help you with that. Go enjoy the party.”

I excused myself and let Nick finish taking care of Lucas.

“Hey Jer! How are you?” I asked my oldest brother.

“I’m doing ok. Just missing the girls.”

“I wish they could have come.”

“Me, too. Steph didn’t want them traveling over the weekend and missing a day of school.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Lucas come in with a tall glass of grape juice. What was Nick thinking? Why didn’t he give him a sippy cup? Lucas teetered slowly as he tried to hold the glass. He didn’t see Howie’s foot and suddenly he tripped. Purple juice flew everywhere. The majority of it landed on Jordan’s white cashmere sweater dress. She looked horrified.

“What the fuck. You little shithead. You purpose spilled your juice on me. This is why I hate kids.” She screeched. Lucas lip started to quiver and tears started falling from his eyes.

“I…I…sowwy. I…I…twi…twipped.” I ran over to my son and picked him up.

“It was an accident, sweetie. It’s ok.” I rubbed his back.

“It’s not okay. This dress cost a fortune. This juice won’t come out. It’s ruined. Your fucking little brat wasn’t even paying attention.” Jordan screamed at me.

“Don’t you ever call my son a brat! He’s three years old and he tripped. I’ll pay for your damn dress.”

“I think you need to leave.” Howie stepped between us. “Your behavior is repulsive. I want you gone.”

“YOU DON’T MEAN THAT?” She looked at her husband in shock.

“I do. I want you out of my life.” He whispered. “We’re done.”

Everyone was watching the scene before them. It was painful to watch.

“Fine. You’ll regret this Howard.” She grabbed her purse and stomped out of the house.

“Howie, I’m sorry. It was an accident.” I apologized.

“I sowwy.” Lucas lifted his tearstained face.

“You did nothing wrong. It was an accident.” He gave Lucas a hug. “I’m going to go down to Nick’s studio. I need to be alone for a few minutes.”

Howie walked away. So far the party was not going how I expected. I guess life was anything but normal in the Carter house.

 

Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

Finally I got Lucas settled. He was playing with Liam and Kohana. Logan was sitting with my mom and Aunt Jackie. I was getting ready to walk over when Aiden stopped me.

“Mommy, you’re under the mistletoe. That means you got to kiss me.” He gave me a big cheesy grin. I bent down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I love you Aiden Timothy.”

“I’m waiting here for more kisses. Send the girls my way.” He said seriously. I wanted to laugh. He was being so cute.

The doorbell rang and I started towards the door. Nick met me there. Together, we were ready to greet our guests. Nick slowly opened the door.

“Hey Nick. Hey Ashton. It’s great to see you. I’d like you to meet my girlfriend Kalla.”

Holy shit. I couldn’t believe that Aaron was dating her. What was he thinking? Could my party get worse than this?

“We know each other.” Nick said lightly. I could tell he was trying to stay calm.

“It’s nice to see you again Kalla. It’s been so long. How are you?” I decided to be the better person. She may have been a bitch to me a long time ago, but I wasn’t going to let her presence ruin our family party.

“I’m doing well. I can’t believe you tamed Nick. I never thought he would have seven kids.” She commented in disbelief.

“Actually it’s eight, and I’m standing right here.” Nick leaned against the wall.

“Congrats bro. That’s awesome.” Aaron high fived his brother. “Well let’s go mingle Kalla.”

Off they went to mingle with everyone. Nick and I looked at each other.

“What is your brother thinking?”

“I don’t know. As long as he doesn’t steal you away from me, we’re fine.”

“You won’t have to worry. There’s no other man for me.” I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

We started walking back into the living room. I noticed that Aiden had cornered Sage under the mistletoe. He was getting quick kiss on the cheek.

“Mmmm….mmmm….mmmm” Logan ran up to us. She held her arms up for Nick to pick her up.

“You having fun little mouse.” He held her in his arms. She continued to babble at him.

I left them and went over to talk Alex and Brian. “Hey guys. Are you having fun?”

“Of course we are. Do you think Howie’s okay?” Alex asked.

“I hope so. I feel so bad for him. Do you know what’s going on with him and Jordan?”

“I know things have been rough for the last year or so.”

“She doesn’t want kids. He knew that when they got married. I think he thought he would be able to change her mind. Then when we all started having kids, it caused some friction in the relationship.” Brian explained. Howie had been confiding in him recently. They had similar experiences with their wives.

“That sucks. I feel for Howie. He deserves to have a family.”

------------------------------

“Rachel you look beautiful tonight.” Kolby said. They were sitting on the couch in the rec room watching television.

“Thanks.” She smiled shyly.

“Can I kiss you?” He turned slightly so he could look at her. She nodded.

Kolby scooted closer to her and gently placed his lips on hers. She forgot about anything else. Her body was tingling from the electricity of the kiss. Kolby slowly separated her lips with his tongue and gently started massaging her tongue with his. Rachel had never been kissed this way before. It gave her chills. She could feel her heart racing. She slowly moved her hands to Kolby’s curls. He slowly moved his hand to the edge of her sweater.

“Kolby, I like this.” Rachel said breathlessly.

“Me, too. I like that way you make me feel.” He started kissing her again.

Rachel got lost in the kiss. Kolby moved his hands under her sweater. Slowly she fell back onto the couch. His hands moved up to her breasts. She moaned into his mouth. At this point in time, her pledge of purity was in the far reaches of her brain. She couldn’t think. All Rachel cared about was how her body was reacting to being touched and teased.

Kolby slowly took her sweater off. He looked at her hot pink bra and smiled at Rachel. “God you’re beautiful. You are the sexiest girl I know.” He started sucking on her neck as he started to unbutton her jeans.

“GET THE FUCK OFF MY SISTER, CHURCH BOY!!!!” Jackson yelled.

Kolby sat up. Rachel screamed with embarrassment. She quickly found her sweater and put it on.

“Leave us alone.”

“Are you serious? You think I’m going to let your little punk ass mess with my sister?” Jackson was pissed.

“She wants me. I can’t help it I’m that hot.”  Rachel sat there in shock. She had never seen Kolby act so cocky.

“You dickhead.”

Kolby stood up. Jackson walked over and punched him in the gut. Then he punched him in his face. Kolby fell onto the couch.

“JACKSON HOW COULD YOU? I HATE YOU.” Rachel yelled.

I was talking to my mom when I heard the commotion from the rec room. “Excuse me. I need to see what is wrong.”

Nick must have heard the yelling at the same time. We met each other at the rec room. Rachel and Jackson were yelling at each other.

“You’re such a jerk. I wish you would stay out of my life. I hate you.”

“I’m just trying to protect you. You’re too young to be doing that. What would mom and dad think?”

“Go to hell, Jackson. You act like you’re a saint. How many girls have you slept with?”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!!” Nick shouted at his oldest children. They stopped yelling and looked at us.

“What’s going on here? Why is Kolby bleeding?” I asked calmly.

“Jackson came in and started beating up on Kolby.” Rachel started crying.

“Mom and Dad, he deserved it.”

“Jackson, shut up. I can’t believe you.” Rachel said with hatred. She sat down next to Kolby and checked to see if he was okay. His nose was bleeding.

“Jackson what happened?” Nick asked. He wanted to find out what happened.

“I came into the rec room and Rachel and Kolby were fooling around. She was half naked.”

Rachel started bawling. She knew we were going to be disappointed in her behavior.

“Is this true Rachel?” Nick looked at our daughter.

“Umm…umm..daddy…we…were…just…kiss…kissing.”

“She’s lying dad. Her sweater was off and he was on top of her.”

“Go to hell, Jackson. I hate you. You’re not my brother anymore.”

“That’s enough Rachel Joy Ann. Jackson, we’ll talk to you tomorrow. Go back to the party.” Jackson huffed out of the room.

“Kolby, I think you need to go home. Go ask Brian to take you home. I’ll be talking to your mom tomorrow.” I told him. He ran out of the room.

“Rachel, what happened tonight?” Nick and I sat on the couch on each side of our daughter.

“We started kissing and I really liked it. I felt special. I guess I let things get carried away.” She said honestly.

“Sweetheart, I know you like boys. That’s not the problem. It’s when they pressure you and make you go against your beliefs that it becomes a problem.” Nick explained.

“Daddy, Kolby didn’t pressure me. I liked the way he made me feel.”

“Rachey, it’s normal to feel that way. Its okay to like the way you felt. You’re a young woman, but what about your purity pledge?” I wanted to let me daughter know that what she was feeling was normal.

“I still want to stay pure until marriage. I think my brain got caught up in the moment. I never felt like that before. It was so new.” Rachel breathed in slowly and then let it out.

“It’s hard to remain strong. I’m proud of you for trying. It might be a good idea for you and Kolby to cool it down a little bit. I think we might need to rethink the ground rules.”

“Daddy, I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that. He probably hates me now. I can’t believe Jackson beat him up.” Rachel leaned into her dad. Nick put his arms around little girl.

“He was just trying to be a good big brother. Jackson really does love you.”

“I guess.”

“Rachel, you are going to spend the rest of the night in your room. We’ll need your cell phone.”

“I know.” She said glumly as she handed me her phone. Then she left the room.

“Why do they have to grow up? Why can’t they stay five years old?” Nick leaned in to me.

“I don’t know. You’re taking this harder than you did with Jackson.” I kissed his forehead.

“She’s my little girl. I don’t want to see her grown up with boys. Now I know how Kevin felt about us.” He pouted.

“Yeah, maybe you should apologize to him.” I teased. “We better get back to the party.”

 

 

 

Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

“Ahh I’m exhausted.” I picked up Lucas who was sleeping on the couch.

“Me, too. This was one crazy party.” Nick was carrying Liam.

Finally the last of the guests had left. All the kids were passed out in the living room. Logan and Rory were already in bed. Jackson took Aiden upstairs a few minutes ago.

“There was so much drama.” I said as we walked up the stairs.

“Do you still have enough energy left? I want you to ravish my body.”

“Hmm.” I thought about it for a minute. I knew this would drive Nick crazy. “I think I have a tiny bit of energy left.”

We quickly put the boys to sleep and made our way into the hall.

“Fuck…where are my shoes?” I heard Sage giggle. “Howie, I guess we missed most of the party.

“Our own party was better.”

“Mmmm….Howie…Oh…ohhh…damn.”

Nick and I looked at each other. Quietly we tiptoed down the stairs. What we saw shocked us. Howie had Sage pinned against the front door. They were practically doing it with their clothes on.

“What the fuck?” I mouthed to Nick. He just shrugged his shoulders.

I cleared my throat loudly. Howie backed away and turned toward the staircase. He gave us a sheepish smile. Sage stood there fanning herself.

“Hey guys. How’s it going?” Howie squeaked out.

“It’s going. How about you two?” Nick pointed at Howie and Sage.

“It’s going Nick. It’s kind of hot in here. I’m just going to get my shoes on and call it a night.” Sage found her shoes and slipped them on.

“Call me tomorrow Sage.” I smirked at her.

“I’m going to walk her out. See ya Nickers.” Howie rushed out after Sage.

“Can you believe that?” I sat down on the stairs.

“Those are two people I never thought would get together.”

“I doubt they are together. I think they both were horny.”

“What about Marc? I noticed he didn’t come to the party.” Nick commented as he sat down.

“They’re separated. Marc cheated on her with his new nineteen year old secretary.”

“You mean Sage didn’t rip his penis off.”

“No. It wasn’t the first time he cheated on her. She gave him more than one chance. How did we become the one with the normal relationship?” I leaned against Nick. He started playing with my hair.

“Well if you call eight kids, three cats, and two dogs in one house, a husband with a crazy career and a wonderfully understanding hot wife normal. Then we are the model family.” He teased.

“When you put it that way, we have the perfect life. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”

“Me, neither. Let’s go upstairs. I want to make love to you.”

--------------------------------

The sunlight woke me up. I glanced at the clock. It was only seven in the morning. Nick and I didn’t fall asleep until after five, yet I was wide awake. I loved cuddling against Nick.

The knob on the door started to twist. Aiden and Lo Lo came walking in. They both climbed on the bed.

“Hey peanuts. Why you up so early?” I whispered as not to wake Nick.

“Lo Lo came into my room and we couldn’t sleep. We just wanted to cuddle with you and daddy.” Aiden yawned.

“Get under the covers.” Thank goodness Nick and I had clothes on.

Aiden and Logan crawled under the blankets. Quickly they both fell asleep.

“Mom.” Jackson peeked his head in. “Where’s everybody at?”

“Come on in. Everybody’s coming in to cuddle.”

He walked in carrying a sleepy-eyed Rory. He placed her in my arms and stretched out on the bottom of the bed.

“This is nice.” Jackson yawned and closed his eyes.

I watched as almost all my children slept in my bed. I knew that the rest would be here any minute. Nick slept peacefully not even noticing the movement on the bed.

“Mommy, we hungy.”

“I want Pop Tarts.”

Liam and Lucas ran into the room with Rachel following behind.

“Shh…daddy is sleeping.” Rachel scooted on the bed next to me. She picked Liam up, followed by Lucas. Liam crawled over to Nick and pushed him over to make room for himself. Nick started to stir and fell right off the bed.

“What the fuck?” Nick said with his eyes closed.

 “DADDY SAID F…U…C…K.” Lucas yelled. Everyone started to laugh.

Nick sat up and rubbing his eyes.

“Lucas Jerald. We don’t say those kinds of words.”  I admonished him.

“But daddy says it.”

“Your daddy is silly and uses words he shouldn’t.”

“Why are you all hogging my bed?” Nick jumped on the bed frightening the little ones.

“It’s a monster. It’s a monster.” Liam shrieked.

“It’s a tickle kissing monster.” Nick found his first victim. He placed a kiss on Rachel’s forehead. Then he went over to Liam and Lucas and started tickling them.

“Stop…it…stop…it daddy.” They giggled and fell dramatically off the bed. Lo Lo started giggling. He tickled her belly

“Why are you all so loud? I’m trying to sleep.” Aiden complained. He took after Uncle Kevin. He needed his sleep.

Nick scooted over to me. He gently gave Rory a peck on the nose and handed her to Rachel. Then he placed a kiss on my lips. Within five seconds he deepened the kiss. With his tongue dancing with mine, I almost forget about the kids.

“Eww…that’s gross. Get a room.” Jackson groaned.

“Mr. Big Shot, we have a room and you munchkins have invaded it.” Nick smirked at his oldest son.

“I don’t even want to know what goes on in here.” He pretended to gag.

“Shut up, Jackson. That’s gross.” Rachel jumped off the bed.

“I think it’s time to go eat breakfast.” I stood up and grabbed my robe.

“You know what they were doing last night, Rachey?” Jackson whispered in her ear.

“Eww…mom and dad don’t do that.” She gave him a grossed out look.

“How do you think they got all these goobers?”

“No they’ve only had sex eight times, and I don’t want to think about it. It’s disgusting.” Rachel ran out of the room.

“Jackson that wasn’t nice.” Nick told his son. “But as least I know your sister will never have sex now.”

“Enough about s-e-x. Let’s go eat breakfast.”

The kids ran down to the kitchen.

“Nick, I love you. I love the family we’ve created.”

“We may be strange, but it works. Thank you for being my wife and mother to my weird children. I love you.”

Nick took my hand and we went to make breakfast with our children.

 

 

 

Chapter 18 by colorguard_diva

Life was still very busy for the Carter household. Nick was working. The kids were busy at school. My mom was watching the triplets and Rory. I was over at the new house trying to get it ready for us to move in after Christmas.

I was busy attempting to make Liam and Lucas room look like a pirate ship. Nick had done an excellent job at painting the walls. He had painted ocean waves, island with palm trees and a gigantic pirate ship. We had even ordered a pirate ship loft for the boys to sleep in. They were going to be surprised when they saw it.

I was placing the comforter on the bed when the door bell rang. I set the comforter down and headed downstairs. It seemed to take me five minutes to get to the front door. This house was enormous.

I opened the door to see Sage standing there. All I could do was grin at her because I kept thinking about her and Howie in my foyer the other night.

“Stop looking at me like that.” She pushed her way inside. “I brought lunch.”

We headed into the kitchen and sat at the island. This was the only place that had seats in the entire house.

“So tell me about Howie?”  I took the food out the bag, not realizing how hungry I was.

“What about him?” Sage grabbed a fry.

“I want to know what happened at the party. The scene in the foyer left me with nightmares.”

“Yeah right. I know Nick took you upstairs and fucked your brains out.”

I blushed. Sage knew all too well about by sex life.

“I want to know about your sleeping with Howie.”

“Oh my fucking gosh, if I knew Howie was such a tiger in bed I would have slept with him years ago.” Sage fanned herself off.

“Is this the same Howard Dorough you tried to tell me was gay since I met you?”

“Yes, I can admit I was wrong. It was the best sex I’ve ever had.” She sighed dreamily. “I don’t know what is wrong with Jordan. How could she not want to sleep with him?”

“I don’t know. Things change when you’re married. How are things with Marc?” I bit into my burger.

“I met with my lawyer today.  He should be getting the divorce papers by the end of the week.” She looked at me sadly. “Before he left today, he told me that his teenaged slut is pregnant.”

“Sage, I’m sorry to hear that. I know how much you’ve wanted children.” I hugged my best friend.

“It wasn’t meant to be.”

“Maybe things will work out with Howie. He’s a good guy.” I suggested. I wanted to see Sage happy.

“I don’t think so. Howie is nice and good in bed, but it would never work.”

“I’m not going to press the issue. Though I think you should give him a chance when both are ready to start dating. He’s going through enough with Jordan at the moment.”

“Howie’s not looking for a relationship. He was pissed. I went down to talk to him. Both of us were horny. We fucked but it didn’t mean anything. We’re not you and Nick.” Sage commented with a bite.

“Oh, you think my marriage is perfect. Yeah, right. You are talking about the couple that almost got divorced twice.” I replied back. Everyone thought Nick and I were the perfect couple. We had our share of problems like everyone else.

“What the hell Ash? I know the first time, but what have you been hiding from your best friend?”

“When Aiden was about three, I lost all interest in sex and intimacy. I wouldn’t let Nick touch me, cuddle me, or anything. I was just over it I guess. After about six months he was fed up. I couldn’t blame him, but I couldn’t give in to him.”

“Oh, Ash.”

“He decided that he needed time away from me to figure out what he wanted. Nick decided to go to L.A. for six months to work on a solo record. We didn’t talk to each other for six months except to discuss the kids. I was left with three kids on my own. It was the worse time of my life.” The memories brought tears to my eyes.

“But you ended up happily ever after.” Sage smiled at me.

“Yeah, because I ended up going to therapy. I was quite bitter with Nick for leaving me. All I’m saying is my marriage it not perfect. No relationship is perfect. Maybe something good could happen between you and Howie.

---------------------------------------------

Nick walked into the bedroom. I was sitting on the bed writing in my journal. He took the journal and pen from my hands and set them on the table.

“You’ve been quiet all night. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I shrugged. I didn’t feel like talking to Nick. I was tired and still upset about my conversation with Sage.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked tenderly.

“I’m fine Nick.” I stood up and walked into the bathroom.

I grabbed my toothbrush from the holder and place some toothpaste on it. I started brushing my teeth. Nick walked in and sat down on the edge of the tub. I pretended to ignore him.

“What’s got you pissed? Did I do something?”

I rinsed my mouth and wiped it on a towel. Then I walked back into the bedroom. I got under the covers and turned off the light. I pretended to be asleep. A few minutes later Nick walked into the room and got into bed. He snuggled next to me and started whispering in my ear.

“I don’t know what it wrong. I’m sorry something is bothering you. I’m hear to listen to you when you’re ready to talk. I love you.”

My heart melted at his kindhearted words. Why did he have to treat me so good all of the time? I had no reason to be upset with him.

I sat up and turned on the lights.

“Nick, I’m sorry I’m acting like a bitch. A conversation I had with Sage today brought back some memories for me.”

“Baby girl, tell me about it.” He rubbed stomach.

“Sage is asking Marc for a divorce. Then she brings up how perfect our marriage is. I got kind of annoyed because everyone thinks we have it so easy. I told her about how we almost got divorced the second time. Since then I’ve been in a bad mood.”

“Ashy it’s okay to feel upset. That was a hard time for us. It’s hard because we make our marriage look easy. You and I both know we put a lot of work into making our marriage work. I would never trade anything that has happened to us good or bad. Everything has made our marriage and love stronger. Our friends and family just don’t see our struggles as much because we focus on loving our children and one another.” He kissed me on the cheek.

That small peck meant more to me than making love to my husband. I knew that Nick would be by my side whether good or bad. We stood by each other no matter what. He made me realize why people would be jealous of our marriage. All I know is that I am content with my marriage through good times and bad.

 

 

Chapter 19 by colorguard_diva

It was Friday night in the Carter house which meant a relaxing dinner of pizza and a movie in the living room. This was one of my favorite meals of the week. We all relaxed and enjoyed each other’s company. Sometimes it was just the little ones and other times it was all the kids. Jackson and Rachel were involved in activities that they missed the family night.

I was getting the kids settled in the living room, as Nick walked in with the pizza. Logan was clinging to her tattered copied of “If You Give a Moose a Muffin.” Aiden was picking out the movie. Liam and Luke were rolling around on the floor. I was feeding Rory a bottle.

Jackson was helping out at the school art festival for extra credit. Rachel was a play rehearsal.

Nick placed the pizza on the coffee table.

“Nick can you get the little ones some drinks? Please put them in sippy cups.” I asked nicely.

“Baby girl, I know to put them in sippy cups. I’ve been doing this for many years.” He complained as he walked towards the kitchen.

“I love you Nick, but you don’t always put the drinks in sippy cups.” I commented to annoy him. “Aiden go help your father.”

Rory finished her bottle. I placed her over my shoulder and she gave a burp that her daddy would be proud of. I set Rory in her baby seat.

Nick carried a tray of sippy cups.  He quickly passed them out to the kids.

“Here.” He handed me a sippy cup. “Just in case you might spill it. I don’t want to have to clean up a big mess.”

He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and smacked the back of his head. What a smartass.

Before I could reply with a comment, Rachel burst through the door. She threw her bag on the floor and started jumping around.

“Guess what?”

“What is it sweetheart?” Nick asked smiling at his daughter.

“I got a lead in the musical. I’m going to be Glinda the Good Witch.” She squealed.

“Congrats Rachel. I’m so proud of you.” I hugged my daughter.

“I knew you were going to get a leading role.” Nick pulled her close and swung her around.

“Thanks mom and daddy. I’m the only freshman with a leading role.  Did you know Jackson is going to be in it?”

“Really?” I looked at my husband. Jackson was not into the performing arts. I knew something had to be up.

“Yes. Mrs. Grayson said that because Jackson got in trouble at school today that his punishment had to be that he participated in the play.” Rachel sat down next to Lo Lo and opened the pizza box.

“What did your brother do?” Nick asked.

“I’ll let him tell you.” She said as she bit into her pizza.

Jackson was a good young man. He had never been in trouble at school. I wondered what he did that forced his principal to make him participate in the play. It just gave me one more thing to worry about.

Aiden placed the movie in the DVD player. Everyone got quiet and started to watch the movie. I love spending time with my family. I attempted to put Jackson out of my mind.

-------------------------

Nick walked into the living room. He sat next to me on the couch.

“Thanks for putting the kids to bed. It was sweet of you.” I kissed his cheek.

“Anytime. Lo Lo made me read that moose story again. I’m glad it makes her happy, but I have it memorized.” He sighed.

“I know. The words run through my head when I’m sleeping. Eventually she will move on to another book.” I snuggled closer to him. “At least she’s starting to say a few more sounds.”

“So what do you think Jackson did?”

“I don’t know. He’s never been in a lot of trouble. I’m really starting to worry about him.” I said as the door opened.

“Hey mom. Hey dad.” Jackson sauntered into the room.

“How was the arts festival?” Nick inquired.

“Oh it was fine.” He sunk into the chair.

“How was play rehearsal?”

“What do you mean, mom?”

“I heard you’re going to be in Wicked.” I said casually. I looked at my son.

“Umm…yeah. I decided to expand my horizons and umm try something different.” Jackson shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“What did you do?” Nick asked. He just cut to the chase. I would have beaten around the bush. Sometimes I had trouble talking to Jackson. I didn’t feel as close to him as I did when he was younger. He was growing up and becoming independent.

“What do you mean? I didn’t do anything.”

“Jackson you’ve never wanted anything to do with performing. Why now?”

Jackson sat there looking at us. The look on his face showed that he had gotten into some type of trouble. I prayed that he would tell us the truth and save himself from getting into more trouble.

“Why do you care so much? Can’t a guy change his mind?” He said coolly.

“Jackson what has gotten into you lately? You’ve changed and not for the better.”

“Mom, I’m trying to figure out who I am. It’s not easy in this household to know who you are.”

I was shocked at my son’s statement. Jackson had always been sensitive, but I’ve never thought that he was a lost soul.

“What do you mean?” I scooted to the edge of the couch.

“It’s hard to describe. I just sometimes feel like I don’t belong. It’s like I’m just here to help with the younger kids.”

“But every time we want to spend time with you, you’re too busy. You hideout in your room or out with friends. It’s like you don’t want to be part of this family.”

“It’s not like that Dad. I love this family. Damn, I don’t know what I want or who I am.” Jackson raked his hands through his hair. “I got in trouble during lunch today. I was caught in the auditorium with a girl.”

“What were you doing?” Nick questioned sharply.

“We just went in there to talk. Then we kissed. We didn’t do anything else.”

“How did you get into trouble?”

“Mrs. Grayson came in with her drama class and caught us kissing. She talked with Principal Saunders, and now I’m stuck being in that damn musical.”

“Jackson, I hope that is all that happened. I’m going to call the principal and make sure your story checks out.” Nick told his son.

“Whatever. Don’t believe me.” Jackson got up and stormed out of the room.

“What are we going to do with him? He’s worrying me.”

“I hope it’s just a phase. Maybe we do rely on Jackson to much.”

“Maybe, Nick. Why don’t you and Jackson go on the boat tomorrow? I think some man time would do you both some good.”

“Yeah, that sounds perfect. Let’s go to bed.” He stood up and grabbed my hand to pull me up.

Quietly we went upstairs to bed.

 

Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

The last week was hectic at our house. Rachel and Jackson were busy with rehearsals for Wicked. Aiden had his Christmas piano recital. Added to all this was the excited of Christmas and Santa coming. It was now Christmas Eve.

We had just come back from Christmas Eve service at church. I put the little ones in their pajamas and settled them in the family room. Jackson made his way into the room and sat down on the floor next to Lo Lo. Nick entered a few moments later carrying Rory in her little red jammies. All we were waiting for was Rachel.

“I wonder what’s keeping Rachel.” I said aloud.

“She was on her phone when I walked past her room.” Jackson commented.

“Who would be calling on Christmas Eve?”

“I don’t know Nick. Let me go see if she’s done with her call.” I stood up and went to find my daughter.

I saw her standing sitting at the top of the steps. I noticed the red splotches on her face and noticed she was crying. I quickly made my way to her.

“Mom, Kolby broke up with me.” She bawled.

“Oh Rachey. I’m so sorry.” I wrapped her in my arms. What kind of jerk would dump someone on Christmas Eve? I wanted to cuss at that stupid Timberlake boy. He had no right to hurt my daughter. It broke my heart to see her this upset over a guy. I knew it wouldn’t be the last time.

“What is wrong with me?” She sniffled. “I really thought he liked me.”

“Why did he break up with you?” I inquired lightly.

“Kolby said I wasn’t worth the trouble. He says that he doesn’t want a girl that won’t put out. Then he told me that I was a tease because I flirted and got him hard, but wouldn’t sleep with him.”

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry he said all those nasty things about you. You know they aren’t true. I’m proud that you want to wait until marriage. It’s your body and your choice. Rachel, you are strong young women. Most girls would just give in to a guy. You are strong in your beliefs.”

“But mom, I really cared about Kolby. I thought he was the one. I wanted to be like you and dad and find true love the first time.” She looked up at me with her bright blue eyes.

“Honey, don’t try to live mine and your dad’s relationship. We are far from perfect. Do you realize it took us years to get things right. We fought and broke up many times. When you’re a little older I’ll give you my journal.” I squeezed her closer to me. “Just remember no guy is worth you changing yourself. The right guy will tell you that you are worth all the trouble in the world.”

“Thanks mom. I love you.”

“Now go freshen up. We have some presents to open.”

Rachel slowly stood up and ran to her room. I made my way down to the family room.

“Is everything okay?” Nick looked up from the book he was reading to Lucas and Liam.

“Sort of. Kolby broke up with her.”

“He’s a jackass. That little punk better not come around me.” Jackson glared.

“Relax Jacksy. I didn’t realize you cared so much about me.” Rachel walked into the room.

“You’re my sister. I’ll kick any guy’s ass that messes with you.”

Rachel walked over and gave her brother a hug.

“Resents time. Resents time.” The little boys screamed.

It was a Carter family tradition that each kid got to open two presents from their parents. Then on Christmas morning we opened presents from Santa.

Nick started passing out the presents to the kids. Wrapping paper started flying around the room. We used to make them open their gifts one at a time, but when the triplets came it just took to long.

“Mom and Dad thank you for the concert tickets.” Jackson said graciously. Nick was always able to get tickets to Jackson’s favorite groups.

“Tank you mama and daddy.” Lucas started opening his new action figure.

“I wuv it.” Liam was playing with the pirate ship he got.

Lo Lo was happily hugging her new moose stuffed animal. Rachel was looking through the new ballet book she had gotten. Rory was asleep in Nick’s arms. Aiden was playing his new DS game. Everyone was happy and that made me smile.

---------------------------------

“Merry Christmas Ashton!” Nick placed a quick kiss on my mouth.

“Merry Christmas Nickers.”

We were in bed cuddling. I knew in just a few short hours the kids would be running in to wake us up. We hadn’t even gone to bed yet. After the kids went to bed, we played Santa. Then we spent the night making love.

“I forgot to give you your present.”

“I don’t need any presents. You’ve done so much for me. All I need is your love.”

“Ashton, I just feel bad that I’m going to be going on tour and leaving you with all this chaos. It isn’t fair.” He played with my curls.

“Nick, I understand that your job is demanding and that you have to go on the road. I accepted that years ago. Sure things will be tough, but it will work out. It always does.” I caressed his cheek. I knew that things were going to be hard with him gone, but music was his passion. I would never get in the way of that.

“I just worry with the pregnancy and Lo Lo’s issues that you are going to be stressed. Plus if Jackson’s attitude doesn’t change, I worry that he’ll give you a hard time.”

“I love you.” I kissed him slowly. “Everything will be fine. Not perfect but fine. I want you to enjoy the tour. The crazy Carter’s will manage to survive. My mom will be here to help. As long as you call me everyday, I will be a happy woman.”

“I love you Ashton, with all that I am. Here’s your Christmas present.” Nick quickly rolled over and took an envelope out of his nightstand. He handed it to me.

Quickly I opened it. Inside were gift certificates for a spa and my favorite baby store. There was also a certificate for maid service for a year. The maid would be coming to the house two times a week to clean for me. The last thing inside the envelope was a plane ticket to meet up with Nick on tour.

“Nick, that was so sweet of you.” I kissed him slowly, placing my tongue inside his mouth. We kissed for a few minutes.

“I just want you to have it easier while I’m gone. You deserve to have some time to yourself. I want you and the baby to be healthy.”

“Thank you. I love you. Make love to me again.”

“Anything you wish.”

 

 

Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

“You’re starting to show, Ashy.” Nick said as I was putting my pajamas on. Sometime in the next thirty minutes the kids would be breaking down the door.

“Yep, the baby bump is here.” I smiled. “This will be the last baby bump.”

“Baby, I love you and your baby bumps.” Nick whispered as he watched me brush my hair.

“You must since you’ve kept me pregnant all these years.” I joked.

“I can’t help it. You’re so amazing and a great mother. I would love to continue making babies with you.” He took the brush from my hand. Gently he started brushing my dark locks.

“Don’t you think eight is enough?”

“Wasn’t that a TV show?” He pulled my hair off my neck and brushed his lips against the nape of my neck.

“Mmmm…don’t do that. I just got dressed.” I sucked in a breath. “Yes it was a show in the eighties I think.”

“I want you so bad.”

Quickly I grabbed my brush out of his hand and walked over to the chair.

“Why did you move away from me?” He pouted.

“Because I don’t think having our children walking in on us having sex on Christmas morning a good idea.”

“Lock the door and let them open their presents without us.”

“You are such a horn dog. How dare you not want to see your children open their presents? What kind of dad are you?” I teased. “Seriously, don’t you ever get tired of me?”

“Ashy, I love you more than life itself. You do things to me that I could never imagine anyone else doing.” He ran a hand through his hair and walked over to me.

“You ever think about replacing me with a younger version?”

“Why would I do that? You’re everything I want and more.” He straddled my legs.

“But I’m nothing like I was in beginning. Hell, I’m fat without even being pregnant. I’ve got tons of stretch marks and my boobs are saggy. Don’t you want a hot young model?”

“Let’s save the models for our son. You’re not fat. I love all your curves. I've helped cause those stretch marks and I would love to show you how much I love your boobs.” Nick’s hands moved to my chest. His mouth was almost touching mine. I could feel his breath on my face. His blue eyes gazed intently into my soul.

This is why I would forever love him. He made me feel like the most attractive woman in the world. He loved me no matter what. Fate was good to me when it came to finding a man to love, honor and cherish me.

Just as Nick was about to kiss me, the knocking began.

“Mommy….Sante Clwaus came!” Liam shouted.

“We wanta open our resents!” Lucas screamed even louder.

“MMMMMMM……TTTTAAA.” Lo Lo screeched.

I looked at Nick as he fell off the chair. He looked extremely frustrated.

“I told you they would be knocking on the door.” I laughed.

“Why did we have so many children?” He sulked.

“Because you are a horn dog.” I walked toward the door.

“Merry Christmas kiddos! Liam go wake up Jackson.”

“Jump on him.” Nick yelled from inside the room. Liam ran off.

“Lucas you go wake up Rachey. Lo Lo go get Aiden.”

The little ones ran off to get their siblings. I walked to the nursery to get Rory. Christmas had officially arrived.

-------------------------

For the last hour the kids opened their presents from Santa. All of them seemed happy with what they got. We may have money, but our kids were not spoiled rotten. The Carter tradition was that Santa gave each kid three special gifts for Christmas. They all seemed content and were enjoying their gifts.

“Rachey did you finish getting everything for mom’s gift?” Jackson whispered.

“Yeah. Do you want me to get it?”

“Yes. Go get it before dad falls asleep.”

“I need your help. It’s heavy.”

I watched as Jackson and Rachel ran out of the room. I knew they were up to something.

Nick was half asleep since we didn’t get much sleep last night. I decided to go into the kitchen to get him some coffee, plus I was craving chocolate chip cookies.

“Daddy, where did mom go?”

“I think she went in the kitchen.” He yawned. “What’s all this?”

“It’s mom’s Christmas gift from us kids.” Jackson set the basket he was carrying on the floor. Rachel placed a smaller basket next to it.

“She’s going to be surprised.”

I came out of the kitchen carrying a tray with cookies and drinks. I stopped when I saw the baskets.

“What is this?”

“Mom all of this stuff is for you from us kids.” Jackson took the tray and placed it on the coffee table.

“You are all so thoughtful.” I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.

“You deserve it for all that you do for us.” Rachel smiled at me. “Sit down and open your presents.”

The kids crowded around me. Rachel held Rory in her lap.

Slowly I started opening the gifts in the big basket. It included a baby book, scrapbook kit, and a bunch of gifts for the baby.

“Thank you. It was sweet of you all to think of me and the baby.” I started to cry.

“Mom you do so much for us. We thought you would enjoy some special things.” Aiden remarked.

“I love you all.” I went around give each of my kids a hug.

“You have another basket. This one is from me and Jackson.”

I quickly sat back down. Rachel handed me the basket. I opened the card.

Dear Mom,

Words could never fully explain how much you have done for us. At times we don’t act like it (me especially – Jackson). No one has a cooler mom than us.

Thank you for being our mom. You have taught us to be the best we can be. Thank you for everything.

We know that things are going to be tough in the next few months. With the pregnancy, dad being away, and all of us crazy children to take care of, we thought you

 needed some things to make your life easier and find some time to relax. Inside this basket you will find some things to make your life easier.

XOXO,

Jackson and Rachel

Tears were streaming down my face. I smiled at my adorable teenage children. The next envelope I opened was a note from Jackson’s Taxi Service.

“Jackson thank you for offering to drive everyone where they need to go. I really appreciate it.” I hugged him tightly.

“Mom, I’ve been an ass lately. I’m sorry.”

“You’re forgiven.”

“Come on mom, open the pink envelope.”

I grabbed the pink envelope. It was from Rachel offering free babysitting service anytime I needed it. The tears continued running down my face.

“Thank you Rachel. It means a lot to me.” I hugged my daughter.

Gift certificates completed the basket. They must have spent at least five hundred dollars. My heart burst from Jackson and Rachel’s thoughtfulness.

“Mom we didn’t mean to make you cry.” Jackson joked.

“It’s the hormones. I’m touched at your thoughtfulness.”

Nick sat on the floor smiling like a proud peacock. It made him happy to see the love his family had for each other.

“There’s one more gift in the basket.” Rachel handed me the last envelope. I quickly opened it. It was a plane ticket.

‘That’s so you can visit dad when he’s on tour.” Jackson replied as he pulled Lo Lo onto his lap.

“I have the best children in the entire world. Thank you.” I quickly stood up and ran out of the living room.

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10362