Dark And Stormy Night by Simple Sue
Summary: Some things you just shouldn't do on a dark and stormy night.....sometimes, you just can't help yourself.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie, Nick
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 976 Read: 847 Published: 03/17/11 Updated: 03/17/11

1. Chapter 1 by Simple Sue

Chapter 1 by Simple Sue
Author's Notes:
My Howie challenge. Go me! Hope you like!
It was a dark and stormy night. No really! I'd just had the show of my life and was on such a high I wanted to get out and about but that wasn't happening thanks to the lovely weather. It was all they could do to get us from point A to point B. It wasn't a 'Raindrops keep fallin on my head' rain, it was an out and out downpour. We'd hit Phoenix in the middle of what they call monsoon season. I was surprised the weather hadn't taken down the cable. I shouldn't even be watching it really but what else is there to do in the middle of a torrential downpour?

The others had decided to call it an early night but I was wound up. Party poopers! I knew Saint Bri would turn it in but Nick and AJ? Really? An d they call me an old geezer! But I digress. After half an hour of channel surfing and tweeting, I peeled back the curtain to see if the storm had lifted any. It wasn't coming down like before but it was still pretty steady. Dammit!

Resigning myself to the fact that this was turning into an uneventful evening, I turned my attention to my laptop. I know, big no-no in the middle of an electrical storm but I was beyond bored. I googled the group to see what was going on in our lives but came across a site called Absolute Chaos. Kind of describes our live but as delved further into it, I found out it's true purpose ; fan fiction I rolled my eyes. I'd heard of the stuff but wasn't sure I wanted to know evil lurks in the hearts of our fans. Curiosity ended up getting the better of me though. I started searching through sub categories just to see if there were any about me. You' d think the lack of them would give me a complex but after seeing a few of the summaries on the others, I'm glad. I found a few on Brian( how right they were) and Alex( how wrong they were there) and let's not forget our fair haired center of attention. I love Nick to death but the boy is lavished with attention. Take away those big blue eyes and lopsided grin, the only that boy has going for him is what's below the belt. How would I know right? The number of satisfied customers I've seen leaving his room over the years. Speaking of the almighty blonde one, I landed on a story called Ground Zero. Good writing but it seemed to be typical of what I'd heard about it. That was until I hit the end of the first chapter. Hooked! The only thing I remember getting up for was something to drink and even then I took the thing with me. I had to eventually plug the damn thing in. Sad that I was so wrapped up in a story that tormented the poor kid but it's not a good story if the writer can't hold your attention. I was totally capitivated by the emotion. There was some serious psychology going on in that one. And it was one of those stories you get to the end and scream 'No! It can't end that way!' to an empty room. But I did.

I closed the lid and got up from the desk. I stretched my arms up over my head and tried to kick the kinks out of my legs. Man I am getting old! I went to the window and pulled back the curtain. No wonder I hadn't noticed the time. It still looked dark out there. The room phone rang and it reminded me that it was indeed morning. I was not going to be a happy camper today. After answering that call, I figured a shower was in order. Maybe it would revive me. Ah yes! That's better. I'm surprised one of them didn't wake up in the middle of the night and start prank texting me. Nick had been known to do it. Maybe he was abducted I mused lightly. I picked up my cell and looked. Not a soul but it wasn't long before the knocking started on my door. It was Nick. He'd started playing the drums on it.
"Morning Nick," I said. I was just a tad annoyed that the boy decided to beat out Quit playin games at seven in the morning on my door. I was awake granted but still.
"What up D?" He greeted me all too cheerily.
"Breakfast in a few. Good night?"
"Slept like a baby. I love the rain. Helps me sleep. How 'bout you tiny one?"
" I was up all night reading a story about you."
"Ooooh! Share!"
God! He was like a girl when it was something about him."I don't think I should tell you. Didn't have a very happy ending."
"You mean you read fan fiction?"
"I know. Don't hold it against me. They just tormented the hell out of you in this one. You had some serious issues by the end of it."
"Oh."
And there it went. Sixty to zero in five tenths of a second. That boy could deflate faster than a helium balloon."You wanted to know."
"Yeah but damn D! You just had to pick the darkest one out there?"
"It's bad enough I've had to be party to all your freakiness over the years, not like I wanna read about you doing it."
"Why not? I've read some about you that would make you blush,"Nick teased.
"Not funny. I'll meet you guys downstairs."
"Dont' take it personal shorty. You're just way too easy."
I groaned and threw a pillow toward the door as it closed. The brat! Maybe I should tell him that he died......
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10505