My Little Princess by Little Star
Summary:

banner
Being brought up in the public eye is never easy
Being the little sister of Prince William and Prince Harry isn't either
I'm going to be a ballerina
I just never expected to fall in love in the process
Especially with someone older than my brothers!
I'm no longer William's little Princess
As much and he and Harry wish I was.
My name is Lucy of Wales and this is my story
of love, hurt and teenage angst.

 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3856 Read: 3255 Published: 05/21/11 Updated: 07/16/11
Story Notes:

 

I have always been a fan of the Royal Family and Willam and Kate's Wedding made me love them even more. I have always thought of William as a bit of a softie so i thought i'd write a story portrying  him as this. Nick Carter may seem like a bit of a player at first in this story but i promise, you'll come to like him <3 please remember to review

 

1. Lucy of Wales; William's Point of View by Little Star

2. Boys, Ballet and Valentine's Day by Little Star

3. A Surprise Visit from the Big Brother by Little Star

Lucy of Wales; William's Point of View by Little Star
Author's Notes:


<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:595.0pt 842.0pt; margin:35.45pt 35.45pt 35.45pt 35.45pt; mso-header-margin:35.45pt; mso-footer-margin:35.45pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

February 18th 1992

“William, Harry, come on. Get your clothes on. We’re going in to see your new baby sister.” My nanny Georgia told my little brother Harry and I one chilly Tuesday in February in 1992. I was nine years old at the time and Harry was seven about to turn eight. Things were getting tense in our family. My Mum and Dad were fighting all the time and there were all these rumours going around that Harry wasn’t really Dad’s son and that Mum had had an affair. My grandma, the Queen, didn’t really like my Mum but she was a very special woman and how someone could not like her I will never know.

 

Once I was dressed, I checked on Harry who was known for taking a long time to get dressed. All he ever wanted to do was play with his toy cars and his Lego sets. I was more mature than that. I tried to focus on my studies. I knew what I wanted to do when I finished school. I wanted to be an Air Force Pilot before I became King. I enjoyed the odd game of Rugby with my friends at lunchtime as well but my Father always told me, I had time for Rugby when I got to Eton right now I needed to focus on my high school entrance exams in a year.

 

“Harry, are you ready to go?” I asked.
“I… I don’t want to go.” He replied quietly as he played with his cars on the mat on his floor.

“Why not?”
“Because Mamma won’t love me anymore because she has the little baby to look after.”
“Mamma will still love you Harry. You don’t have to worry about that. She’s always going to love us. I promise.”

“You can’t make promises William because you won’t keep them.” Harry said in an abusive tone.
“I will so. Here’s another promise, no matter what happens with Ma and Pa, I will look after this little baby and you. We’re a family Harry no matter if we are princes or not. I will keep us together.”

 

Once I had convinced Harry to get changed, we met our Nanny downstairs and she took us out to the car. When we arrived at the hospital, Pappa met us out the front and took us up to the hospital room. When we entered, Mamma was sitting there nursing my little sister. I smiled, probably one of the biggest smiles I had ever smiled in my life.

“William, Harry. This is your little sister Lucy.” My Mum said as Harry and I came to her bedside.

In Mum’s arms, I could see this little tiny baby wrapped in a blanket with her little tiny hands poking out. I put my hand out and let her little hand wrap around my pinkey. I smiled at Mum.

“I think she likes you William. Would you like a hold?”
“Am I allowed?” I asked shyly.

“Of course, here you go.”

The moment when Mamma put baby Lucy into my arms, everything changed. I knew I had to protect her. She was going to have to grow up facing a lot of criticism because of whom her real father is.

 

August 31st 1997

Everything changed on this day. I was fifteen years old and Harry was just twelve and Lucy was only five years old. Our parents had divorced a year ago and we had been staying with Mamma at her apartment at Kensington Palace and with Pappa at Buckingham Palace. Lucy and Mamma were very close, she took her to her Ballet lessons and watched every single concert and helped her practice. Mamma made me promise from the time that Lucy was born, that I would look after her if anything were to happen. Harry was always jealous of Lucy, you could tell. He found every excuse to stay away from her. He would never come to her Ballet performances or play with her. Even if I had piles of school work to do, I would make an effort to play with Lucy even if it was playing Barbie dolls or with her doll house. Harry would be outside kicking a football against the wall. I tried to include him but he wanted absolutely nothing to do with Lucy which I found really harsh and unfair as Lucy hadn’t done anything wrong.

 

On the 31st August, Pappa came into the lounge room where Harry and I were playing Nintendo and Lucy was playing with her Barbie dolls at the Balmoral Palace.

“William, Harry, Lucy. I need to talk to you about Mamma.” He said in a stern voice

“Is she coming home from Paris early?” Harry asked happily.
“No, she was in an accident last night.”
“No! It can’t be. I would have heard by now.” I exclaimed.

I always read the papers in the morning to keep up to date with what was happening. Surely it would have been the first thing in the papers. Then I remembered, I hadn’t seen the papers on my bedside table when I woke up.

“We kept the papers hidden from you. Look William, you need to step up. This is your chance to show that you can be a good big brother. All eyes will be on us.”
“Yes Pa. I can do that.”
“You can start by taking Lucy outside to play. Harry, I need you to come with me okay?” Pappa replied.

Harry followed Pa out of the lounge room. I just sat on the floor, head in my hands and tears starting to fall down my face.

“Will, what is wrong?” Lucy asked as she gave me a hug.

“Oh, don’t worry little darlin’. It’ll all be okay.”
“But you are crying?” she replied worried as she pulled away from the hug
“If you give me one of your cuddles I will be okay.” I smiled at her. She put her arms around me tighter. She kissed my cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered into my ear.

“I love you too baby girl. Come on, let’s go outside hey?”

 

I stood up then picked Lucy up and put her on my hip. She was tiny for a five year old. But she was already a very good dancer. She danced every day after preschool. She loved it, before she went to bed every night she would be practicing whatever she had learnt that day.

 

We went outside and got a football out of the bin that held all of Harry and I’s sporting gear like Cricket bats, Rugby Balls and Footballs. Lucy sat down on the ground with the ball and rolled it to my feet. I sat down on the ground with her and rolled it back to her.

“When is Mamma coming home?” she asked.

“Mamma has gone to sleep with the angels baby.”
“Why?”
“It was just her time baby girl. But it’s okay. I will look after you. I promise.” I said, the tears starting again.
“Can’t I go up to the angels with Mamma?” she asked innocently.
“No not yet princess. You have so much left to do here. You are going to be a beautiful ballerina remember?” I told her as she came and sat in my lap. I brushed a bit of her brown hair out of her eyes and behind her ear.

June 21st 2006

Now nine years later, Lucy was thirteen and in eighth grade and has studying at the Royal Ballet School since she was seven years old. Lucy knew of the illegitimacy of her birth by now but she was always going to be my little sister no matter what a piece of paper said. I was now twenty-four and in the Royal Airforce. It was the Summer Holidays and Lucy was staying with my girlfriend Kate Middleton and I in New York where we were spending the summer.

 

Lucy and I were best friends; we spoke every day on MSN and email. We exchanged letters and photos. I tried to make it all her big performances, even taking time off when I really shouldn’t have but I made a promise to Mamma all those years ago. Lucy and Harry now got along, Harry seeing how beautiful and kind Lucy was took her under his wing whenever she had weekends off school where she was boarding and Harry was in London. He would take her out and they would go to the movies or to watch the Rugby or Polo. Lucy always used to come to Harry and I’s Rugby matches at Eton as she was growing up.

 

One night, I took Kate and Lucy to watch the New York Ballet. Little did I know, that that night out, would change everything.

End Notes:

so there's chapter one. the next chapter really gets things going and they'll be from Lucy's point of View :)

Boys, Ballet and Valentine's Day by Little Star
Author's Notes:

chapter two up! thank you to the two readers who reviewed the first chapter: catseye1769 and MrsCarter

i'm really enjoying writing this story, I hope you enjoy reading it :) xx this chapter is a bit of a filler, introducing Nick to the story and the start of their romance ;)

 

 

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Lucy’s Point of View

Growing up as part of the Royal Family has never been fun. It’s full of rules and protocol. I have to make an appointment to speak to my own “grandma” and even my “Dad.” Now my real Dad isn’t Prince Charles, my real Father is James Hewitt, who was my Mother’s butler at the time. I’m not supposed to know that, but I found out when I was eight years old from Harry when he was teasing me. I asked Pappa if it was true, and I remember him sitting me down and telling me the whole story. He promised me he didn’t love me any less, and I was always going to be his Lucy. But because I was not biologically Pappa’s child, I was not given a title. I am just Lucy Diana Elizabeth Spencer Windsor or Lucy of Wales. Despite the fact I am not Pappa’s real child, he will always be my Father, because my real Dad never even came back to claim me as his own.

 

When I was seven years old, I was encouraged by my Ballet School to audition for the Royal Ballet and complete my education through there while also focusing on my Ballet. I was accepted there and trained there until I was thirteen. On my summer holidays in 2006, I was in New York with William and his girlfriend Kate and we went to watch the New York Ballet Company. As we were waiting in line to go inside, I saw someone I had grown up admiring. All around my bedroom as I was growing up, I had BackStreet Boys CDs that I listened to on repeat. I used to make up little dances to their songs. I saw Nick Carter standing in line with a girl. I walked over to where he was.

 

“Excuse me, are you Nick Carter?” I asked quietly.
“Hey little darlin, yes I am.”
“Would I be able to have an autograph?” I asked. “But I don’t have any paper except my booklet.”
“I’ll sign that for you if you want. Are you from England?”
“Yes, I am Prince William and Harry’s little sister.”
“Oh yes, I’ve heard about you. You’re the little ballerina from the Royal Ballet. I’ve seen all your promotions for the Ballet School.” The girl Nick Carter was with replied.
“Yes.”
“What is your name sweetie?” Nick asked.
“Lucy.”
“Okay Lucy, here you go. Hey if you ever move to America, let me know. You could be a dancer for the boys and I.” he replied as he passed me back the booklet then got out his wallet and handed me a business card.
“Seriously, call me if you are ever living in America and I could get you a job dancing for the boys and I on stage.”
“That would be such an honour, thank you. It was great to meet you.”

“You too sweetheart. Enjoy tonight.” He replied before he pulled me into a hug.

 

I went back over to William and Kate with the biggest smile on my face.

“Who was that?” Kate asked.
“Nick Carter from the BackStreet Boys. He and his girlfriend have seen my promotions for the Royal Ballet School and told me if I ever moved to America to call him and I could get a job dancing for the BackStreet Boys”

“That’s brilliant Lucy. Come on let’s go inside. We’ll talk about it later.”

 

After the Ballet, we went back to the hotel so I could get some sleep and Will and Kate could go out and explore a little bit more. “Will, would I be allowed to audition for the American School of Ballet?” I asked as he tucked me in.
“Why? You do so well in London.”
“I just want to be away from London for a while. Grow up away from all the labels.”
“I’ll have to call Dad and ask. You didn’t bring any of your dance gear.”
“Want a bet?” I smiled. “I was hoping to get to a studio somewhere while we were away.” I smiled.

“I’ll talk to Dad in the morning. Now you have my number. Kate and I will be back later.”
“Night Will. I love you.”
“Love you too Lucy. Now go to sleep little one.”

“You know I hate it when you call me that.” I replied with a cheeky grin.

“Go to sleep, it’s eleven thirty.”

 

14th February 2009

I had convinced Pappa to let me go over to America for my high school years and train at the American School of Ballet. It wasn’t too different from London but I was allowed to take other classes such as contemporary dance, hip-hop, jazz and tap. It had opened a lot of doors for me; I had been on Broadway shows as a dancer and been in backgrounds of music videos as a dancer. I had kept in contact with Nick Carter since I moved to America back in September 2006. He helped me establish contacts and he was a good friend to talk to. As we got closer, I learnt all his secrets and he knew all mine. I could trust him, more than I could probably ever trust William or Harry, I don’t know why. Maybe I trusted him because he didn’t have any connection to the Royal Family or maybe because I had feelings for him. I knew it wasn’t approprite for me to have feelings for him. After all he was older than William and he is known for being quite the ladies man. However, now that I am four days away from my eighteenth birthday, it seems like Nick is showing more interest. We have been texting all day, since I woke up at five this morning. Our messages went like this.

 

Hey sweetheart, Happy Valentine’s Day. Will you be my valentine? What’s your plan for today?

Hey Nick, well I have Ballet from 5:30am-12pm then the afternoon off. Why? Naw thank you. Happy Valentine’s Day to you too. Well you’ll have to share with William. We’re always valentines.

Do you want to grab lunch and discuss birthday plans? Oh I think I am a better one

Yeah sure that would be great. I have an email from William I need to show you. Would you be able to pick me up from the school? Haha want a bet? I woke up to roses waiting at the door of my dorm room from him. Haha.

 

It went on discussing our plans until my class started. When I had a ten minute break, there was a text message from him saying, You know, I should take you to the Ballet for your birthday. After all, that’s where we first met.

 

I sighed as I read the message. You only ever said something like that to someone if you were dating them. Did Nick have feelings for me, just like I had feelings for him? Man being eighteen is going to prove to be a challenge.

End Notes:

please review

A Surprise Visit from the Big Brother by Little Star

William's Point of View
The distance from New York to London was too far away for me. I only see Lucy maybe three times a year maybe four depending on whether I can get to New York or not. She has definitely grown into a beautiful young woman. Her dancing is amazing, and she has been a part of a few projects as well like music videos and in Broadway. She kept in contact with Nick Carter since she moved to New York and he’s been a very good support system for her. He takes her out on weekends to his shows or even to the studio with him in the afternoons during the week if she needs to get out of school for a while.

 

Now that Lucy is that bit older, I’m starting to worry about her friendship with him. She’s twelve years younger than him but I know she likes him as more than a friend and I don’t want him making inappropriate moves on her. So, for Lucy’s eighteenth birthday I decided I’d make a surprise visit to New York. She thought I’d be too busy organising Kate and I’s wedding so it’ll be a nice surprise. I fooled her by telling her I didn’t have much time because the wedding was only two months away and that we would do something after the wedding.

On the afternoon of Valentine’s Day, I waited out the front of Lucy’s Ballet studio for her to finish her session.

 

I saw all her friends walk out the door, then finally Lucy walked out looking at her phone. I tapped her shoulder. She turned around and saw me standing there in my Eton Senior Jersey and jeans and a baseball cap and rose for her. A tradition we’ve had since she was about eight years old.

 

“Will! What are you doing here?” she exclaimed as she hugged me.
“Happy Valentine’s Day little one.”
“What are you doing here? You told me you couldn’t make it for my birthday?”
“I thought I’d surprise you, have you finished classes for the day?” I asked her.
“Yeah I have, I was actually going to meet Nick for lunch but I can call him and postpone it.”
“Could you? I want to take you somewhere.”
“Yeah sure, let me just go up to my room and have shower. I’m all sweaty from class.”
“Yeah of course.”
“Come up with me,” she smiled.

 

I followed Lucy up to her room and sat on her bed as she sorted through her cupboard trying to find something to wear before she went to have a shower.

 

“Just wear jeans Lucy, look at me!” I replied as I chuckled at her.
“Shut up William, I want to look nice I’m going out with my big brother.”
“We’re going to a Sushi Train Luc.”
“Oh fine.” She groaned as she pulled out a pair of jeans and a black singlet.

 

While I waited for her to shower, I had a look round her room and saw the amount of Pointe shoes she had. It was phenomenial. On her desk, I saw a card from Nick.

 

Dear Lucy,
Merry Christmas Bestie
I hope you loved your present and I’m looking forward to Christmas next year
Love you heaps

X Nick.

 

She had post it notes stuck all over her desk.

Saturday 14th February: Valentine’s Day, Dancing 5:30am-12pm
Sunday 15th February: Day off, Go to Nick’s for Dinner
Monday 16th February: Ballet 5:30am-9am, Contemporary 10am-12pm, Pilates 1pm-3pm
Tuesday 17th February: Ballet 5:30am-12pm, Pilates 1pm-3pm, Gym 4pm-7pm
Wednesday 18th February: Day off, Birthday, Studio with Nick

“What are you looking at Will?” she asked when she came back out all dressed.
“Just your post it notes. I never realised how many hours you did.”
“Yeah it’s pretty hectic. I have two days off this week though so it’s okay.”

 

As we walked to the local sushi train, she had her arm around my waist she was still short. Harry and I got Mum’s height and Lucy managed to miss out but it seemed to help her dancing.
“I missed you Will.”
“I missed you too baby. Did you manage to get time off for the wedding?” I asked.
“I sure did. Can I bring a friend?”
“Well it depends who.”
“Can Nick come? Please?”
“I guess so. You know he can’t stay at the Palace though.”
“I know. But you and Harry have all your mates and I’m sure Kate has her friends.”
“You know you can join in the parties, we don’t care. Will you dance at the reception though?”
“Yeah sure, I’ll come up with something.”

 

Why did you say yes to Nick coming to your wedding William? You complete idiot. Kate and Dad are going to kill you. Kate got really worried about Lucy and Nick’s friendship because she knows the ways boys think because she has a brother. I know Harry and I were and are players but Nick was just totally inappropriate. I think I gave Lucy way too much freedom when I let her move to America.

 

Nick’s Point of View

Valentine’s Day. The one day I more or less have to myself because I’m normally in between relationships. I thought today would be different. I was going to finally make a move on Lucy but then her brother turned up to take her out. I talked to William on Facebook about a week ago and he told me he wasn’t coming out but he must have felt bad for not seeing Lucy for ages because of organising he and Kate’s wedding.

 

I text messaged Lucy.

How’s your time with Will going? Can I still take you for dinner tomorrow?
Yeah of course. He’s only taking me to Sushi for lunch. If you want you can take me out for dinner
No, spend time with your brother. You don’t see him much. You see me every week. Do you have a recital soon?
Yeah next Thursday.
Get me a few tickets, they boys and I want to come.
Will do. Talk to you later x

 

End Notes:

sorry this took so long. I wasn't sure how to continue but the next chapter is great. But please review this one first and also Electricity and Chains xx

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10566