An Epic Tale by Dark-Hunter
Summary:

BSB

 

 

When Julie and Kate headed out on a road trip to see NKOTBSB, little did they know it would be two Backstreet Boys that would change their lives.

Avid new Kids fans, the girls made plans to travel to a few shows to support their five favorite guys. But a chance encounter would alter everything!

Best part about this story is... parts of it are VERY true! But we can't tell you which parts!


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys, Fanfiction > Music > New Kids on the Block Characters: AJ, Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 56855 Read: 26065 Published: 10/04/11 Updated: 10/07/11

1. Chapter 1 - Minneapolis by Dark-Hunter

2. Chapter 2 - Kansas City by Dark-Hunter

3. Chapter 3 - Crowne Plaza by Dark-Hunter

4. Chapter 4 - Tulsa by Dark-Hunter

5. Chapter 5 - Club 209 by Dark-Hunter

6. Chapter 6 - The Mayo by Dark-Hunter

7. Chapter 7 - Traveling by Dark-Hunter

8. Chapter 8 - Omaha by Dark-Hunter

9. Chapter 9 - Midnight by Dark-Hunter

10. Chapter 10 - Riding by Dark-Hunter

11. Chapter 11 - ER by Dark-Hunter

12. Chapter 12 - Dinner by Dark-Hunter

13. Chapter 13 - Last Day by Dark-Hunter

14. Chapter 14 - Confessions by Dark-Hunter

15. Chapter 15 - Julie by Dark-Hunter

Chapter 1 - Minneapolis by Dark-Hunter

Minneapolis

 

It was Kate and Julie's annual vacation together. Kate flew out to Omaha this time.
Julie had found two NKOTBSB concerts to attend that were within reasonable driving distance from her house.

The plan was simple. Drive to Minneapolis, go to the concert, follow the bus (in case they stopped for waffles), get a hotel in Kansas City, sleep, attend the other concert, sleep some more and then go back to Julie's house. But as they drove to Minneapolis fate stepped in. Donnie Wahlberg and Jordan Knight twittered that they were throwing an after party. Julie quickly called to get tickets. Unfortunately the VIP to DDUB's party was sold out and Jordan's VIP tickets were twice as much. So they settled for general admission and hoped to get to see the guys anyway.

As they drove into Minneapolis they had a little trouble finding the venue. Traffic was backed up due to the baseball game making it hard to tell where they needed to go. They finally found parking and walked 3 blocks to the Target Center. Julie had butterflies already. Kate found this amusing since it was her first concert but Julie had been to several.

The girls had stopped on the way into town to change into dresses for the concert. Kate was wearing a black dress that had a deep cut sweetheart neckline with an A line skirt and black heels. Julie wore her vintage 1952 striped gray dress with a wide red belt and pearls. Unfortunately Julie had badly sprained her ankle just 2 nights before the concert so she was stuck in an ace bandage and flip flops.

Once they made it into the arena they quickly found their 6th row seats. The opening act had already begun. Matthew Morrison was amazing! They enjoyed his original music as well as the cover songs he performed. It wasn't until the light show started that Kate really got excited. Her heart began to race as she realized that these guys who seemed so surreal were really there, not 20 feet from where she stood.

She saw them in a whole new light. Here were 9 talented guys singing their hearts out for the fans that have come to adore them. As she watched the show, she began to notice a few things about the guys that you wouldn't pick up on by just seeing pictures of them. She realized just how sexy Nick was and that Brian is a total goof ball. She also understood Julie's crush on Joe all these years. There is just something about that voice and his baby blues that makes a girl melt. But what they both couldn't take their eyes off was Donnie and his ripped abs.

On stage, with the many lights shining and rotating, the guys kept their eyes moving, not often landing in one spot. But while singing "I Want It That Way" the lights landed just right on the face of a woman, singing along with the song. AJ couldn't take his eyes of her. She wasn't a great beauty; most wouldn't notice her in a crowd. But there was something that drew him to her. As he headed to the backstage with his band mates, the New Kids went on. AJ turned to the closest band mate and told him what he had seen. Nick was curious as to what girl could possibly get noticed in a crowd of 20,000. AJ explained where she was sitting so Nick could see for himself.

When they joined the New Kids on the stage for a song Nick moved quickly, almost missing a step in his hurry to get to the front. He looked to stage right, trying to find the girl AJ had described. But his eyes only briefly glanced at her. The lights shifted again, revealing the woman standing next to her, she was dress in a low cut black dress but it was the look on her face that captivated him, not lust but admiration. As he danced he tried to locate her every time he was close.

AJ tried to keep his eyes on the other girl, hoping to make eye contact. He noticed, with great sadness, that her eyes constantly seemed to be on Donnie. As the guys were lifted in the air on the stage platforms for their final song, Nick had a perfect view of the crowd below. As they reached the highest point, his eyes locked with the woman in black, for a brief moment. But to his great dismay, her friend pulled her attention away. Before he could make eye contact again, the show was over and all Nick could think was, "I will never see her again."

When the concert ended the girls decided to go back to the car before heading to Epic for the after party. Julie needed some more Advil and they wanted to freshen up their make-up. They took their time walking to the club. And after a few misdirection’s, they finally stood outside the doors for the will call tickets. They worked their way up to Johnny, Donnie's promoter. Julie asked if there was any chance Donnie had any more VIP tickets available. Johnny said no, but explained that Jordan still had VIP tickets left but there were an extra $125 each. Blushing, they explained to him they didn't have the money. Johnny turned to the girl beside him.

"They get black." She took two black wristbands and attached them to the Julie and Kate's wrists. They thanked the girl and headed in. The girls walked slowly into the club hoping to find a place for Julie to sit. The music was blaring and Howie and Nick were DJing. The girls slowly walked around, taking in the scene. The lights flashed as they moved around, spotlights hitting people's faces, illuminating the joy and excitement in the room.

A pair of steel gray eyes looked up from their task to become locked on something on the dance floor. He couldn't believe it, she was here, illuminated by the dance floor lights. He watched her move, the satin of her of her dress shimmering in the light. His eyes stayed on her roamed the club looking for a seat.

The club had two levels. The main floor had the DJ booth on the back wall and a bar on each side wall. Towards the front of the club, were a set of stairs. Half way up, the stairs split in two and went to the left or right. The girls decided to head up and took the stairs to the left. The area with seats was roped off. They showed the security their wristbands, hoping they would be allowed in. The security man just nodded so the girls quickly they moved into the crowd. Julie's foot was causing her pain, she was so glad to find somewhere to sit. A couch was up against the far wall and only two girls sat there. She promptly sat down; a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Kate went to the bar to try and get Julie a cup of ice so she could try and ice it a bit.

As Kate stood there waiting patiently for her turn to be helped, a tall man moved to stand beside her. The bartender quickly finished with the woman he had been helping and promptly acknowledged the man. Etiquette had always been important to Kate and although she didn't want to be rude, Julie was waiting and she had been standing there longer.

"Excuse me, but I do believe I am next," she said to the bartender, not even looking towards the man beside her. The bartender turned to look at the man as if to ask for his approval. A sultry voice responded.

"Of course. Ladies first."

When Kate asked for a cup of ice, the bartender started to protest, so Kate explained about Julie's injured foot. She also ordered two shots of something called Pineapple Whip and two bottles of water. As the bartender moved to get Kate's order ready, she finally turned to the man standing beside her, intending on apologizing to him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude." Her breath caught in her throat as she gazed into Nick's gray eyes. He smiled

"It’s cool."

The bartender returned with Kate's drinks. She turned to pay for them but Nick signaled the bartender to put the drinks on his tab.

"Oh you don't have to do that." Kate protested.

"It's my pleasure." He turned to the bartender. "Can I get a Corona?"

Kate tucked the bottled water into her purse but was struggling to grab the shots and the cup of ice, Nick grabbed his beer and the cup of ice.

"So, where to?" he asked.

"Oh, um," Kate was caught off guard. "We are just over there." She pointed, with the shot in her hand, to Julie, who was sitting in the center a couch, no one near her. As Nick walked with Kate towards Julie, Howie who was still spinning tunes, called out to Nick to get his ass back to the DJ booth. He handed the ice to Julie and leaned over to whisper in Kate's ear.

"You gonna be here a while?" Kate couldn't breathe with the feel of his breath on her ear. She nodded. He smiled and headed back to the DJ booth. Kate looked down at Julie.

"OMG!" Julie exclaimed. She pulled Kate down to her level.

"What'd he say?"

"He asked if I was going to be here awhile." They both squealed.

After icing Julie's foot for a while they decided to do a little exploring. They walked around upstairs to figure out what the roped off sections of the bar were. Julie pointed out to Kate that they were the only ones with black wristbands. They figured these were the general admission bracelets but after inquiring of the bouncers they learned that black wrist bands were for Jordan's exclusive VIP party. They were ecstatic and decided to go check it out.
Julie's bandage was coming loose so she needed to rewrap it. She borrowed the corner of a full couch while Kate went to get another drink from the bar. She unwrapped it and was re rolling the bandage when she heard a masculine voice above her.

“Oh, no! What happened?"

She looked up to see Jordan standing in front of her. He knelt next to her as she explained how she had sprained her ankle. Kate was just returning with their drinks when she saw him. She set the drinks on the ground and pulled her camera out before Jordan could finish. She was able to get a picture of Jordan wrapping Julie's ankle back up. He stood up, his 5’11” frame towering over Kate. His gaze locked on Kate's hazel eyes.

"Hi." He said seductively. Kate couldn’t help it, her cheeks filled with the heat of a blush. Jordan offered his hand. She took it, thinking he wanted to shake it. She was surprised when he pulled it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of her hand. He looked back up into her eyes.

"I'm Jordan."

"Hi I'm Kate."

"What a beautiful name."

Before Jordan could interact with her any further, Donnie called out his name from the DJ booth. Jordan walked over to look over the rail. Donnie looked up from the equipment to see Jordan peering down.

"Man, stop macking on all the pretty ladies and get down here." Donnie hollered at him. Jordan laughed and turned back to Kate and Julie.

"If you'll excuse me ladies, it seems I'm being paged.” The girls just smiled as he headed back through the secure door to head downstairs.

Since there was no room on the couch for Kate, they looked for another table. They found a recently deserted table on the balcony overlooking the stage. The down side was it was two steps down from where they had been. Julie had to hold on to the railing to get down. The table was high, with three bar stools. Julie quickly sat in the chair on the right and adjusted her foot up on the chair in the middle, leaving the seat facing the stage, for Kate. Kate looked over the balcony at her great view. Nick was singing “Burning Up”, from his new album. It is a fast dance song with a rap in it. DDub rapped with Nick pumping up the energy in the crowd. As they finished Nick's gaze swept around the upper level, as is looking for something. He smiled when he made eye contact with Kate.

Jordan and Donnie were up next singing “Stingy”. Then it was Howie's turn. He sang his new single, “100". Kate felt a tap on her left shoulder. She looked left but no one was there she looked to her right to see Nick standing between her and Julie his hands resting on the back of the chair between them, where Julie’s foot rested, a shitty grin on his face.

"Hey, I came to steal you for a dance." He said to Kate. She looked at Julie. Her dearest friend nodded, encouraging her to go dance. She stepped off the high stool to follow him to the dance floor. He took her hand and led her to the same secure door Jordan had gone through earlier. There was an elevator on the other side of the door.

Julie smiled as she watched her best friend walking away. She decided now would be a good time to ice her foot again. She unrolled most of the bandage, leaving just enough fabric to cover the bare skin. She propped her foot up, twisting her body, to be able to hold the cup of ice to the worst part, the outside of her ankle, where it had turned eight shades of ugly.

"That doesn't look comfortable." AJ says commenting on her awkward position, as he walked past, obviously on his way to the bar in the VIP area.

"It's not." Julie replies, looking up from her cup of ice. "But it's better than nothing." She realized who was standing there. She tried to keep from blushing, tugging at her skirt, trying to cover the red petticoat that was peeking out.

"So, what'd you do to it?" He asked, seeing her surprise at his appearance.

"I sprained it."

"You sure it's just a sprain? It looks pretty bad." She took a deep breath. His speaking voice, like his singing, went right through her. It was just deep enough to be called masculine. It reverberated through her body.

"Yeah the doctor originally thought it was broken in four places but the x rays didn't show any fractures." She looked back down at her cup, which was getting crushed as she tried to mold it to the shape of her foot.

"Well, that's good at least. Let me see if there's something I can do to make you a little more comfortable," he said before he walked over to the bar. He returned a moment later with a bag of ice in one hand, and a soda in the other. He took the cup of ice from her and gently placed the bag of ice on her foot, arranging it so it covered the top and side of her foot, where he could see the swelling through the fabric. He then sat in Kate's chair.

“You don’t mind if I sit with you for a while, do you?” he asked.

“I would be most grateful. My best friend just took off to dance with a guy, so I am sitting alone.” Julie explained.
AJ scoffed, “Why would she leave you, since you are obviously injured?”

Julie laughed. He was being her knight in shining armor.

“I told her to go. I don’t want to be the party pooper tonight. At least one of us should get to dance,” she teased, looking back at her foot.

Meanwhile, as the elevator doors closed to take them down, Nick turned to Kate. Her heart was pounding.

"I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage,” he said to her. “You know my name, but I don't know yours."

"At least you assume I know your name." Kate teased, knowing full well who he was. This caught Nick off guard and he didn't have time to respond because the elevator doors opened. The music for Jordan's "Let's go Higher" started playing as Nick lead Kate to the back of the dance floor, where the crowd was thin. As Jordan started to sing Nick turned and pulled Kate to him. He sang along with Jordan as he dirty danced with Kate. She was totally uninhibited thanks to the drinks she had had.

At the beginning of the 2nd verse, people had started to realize Nick was on dance floor with them. He was standing behind Kate his hands on her waist pulling her close when he asked, "Can you swing?" She got a devilish grin, indicating her answer was yes. He began to swing her around, causing a circle to open up around them. Kate laughed as they danced. Nick was amazing. She couldn't believe that she was really here dancing with him. Jordan watched Kate. The joy on her face was so apparent. Why couldn't it be him she was dancing with?

As the song ended, Nick pulled Kate into a hug. They were both panting and laughed as people applauded. He took her hand intending on returning her to her table but girls started pushing their way in to get to Nick and Kate kept getting pushed further and further away. When it was obvious she couldn't get back to him, she gave up and returned to her table with Julie. It took him some time, but Nick finally escaped to the stage with the DJ booth to sing some more. He looked around for Kate and saw her heading back upstairs. He sighed in relief that she wasn't leaving.

Back at the table, Kate was surprised to find her seat occupied.

"So, Julie. Who do we have here?" Kate teased, knowing full well who A. J. McLean was. He
looked at Kate and quickly vacated the seat, gesturing for Kat to sit.

"Kate, this is A. J." Julie said remembering her manners. A. J. offered his hand to her. Kate reluctantly stuck out her own and was surprised when her knuckles were kissed for the second time in one night.

"It is so nice to meet you, Kate." Just then, there was a chuckle behind them.

"Dude! I didn't know you were here. I thought it was just Howie and Nick." Donnie said walking up to the table. “I was on my way to get something to drink, when I saw your hat. What’s up?” They grip hands and bump shoulders.

"Well, I couldn't leave you with all these beautiful women." AJ replies. Donnie just nodded before he replied.

"You certainly have found yourself two right here. Maybe I should just stay here all night." Julie's heart fluttered. Could she be so lucky? Her ice pack stared to shift and she reached over to fix it. Her movements brought Donnie's attention to her.

"So what do we have here?" he asked, pointing to her foot on the seat.

"I jacked up my ankle Wednesday night when we went out for my birthday." Donnie laughed again.

"Did June Cleaver trip on her apron strings while baking cookies?" he teased, making reference to her 50’s style dress and pearls.

"No. I slipped on a spilled drink and hit the concrete floor rather hard. I wasn’t even wearing heels at the time. I hurt like a bitch, but I was not going to miss this party, no matter what."
Donnie looked over at A. J. and smiled. "So, are you gonna ask Betty Crocker to dance or can I?"

Julie got a look of confusion on her face. She tapped Donnie on the arm to get his attention.

"Did you forget something? My ankle is messed up. No dancing for me." Donnie smiled a wicked grin and replied, "Where there is a will, there is a way." He extended his hand to her. She shifted in her seat to be able to fully face him. “Trust me," he said. She gave him a doubtful look but stood up to follow him. She hobbled up the steps holding onto Donnie for balance. He only moved a few feet from the steps before he turned and started to move.

Nick was downstairs singing “Just One Kiss”. As Donnie moved in closer to Julie she could feel her body temperature rising. He slid his hands around her waist. She lifted her foot worried he would bump it. DDUB took the hint and stepped into her wrapping a hand under her knee and hitched her knee up over his hip. Julie quickly got into the rhythm of the dance. True to his word Donnie protected her foot. Their bump and grinding was very sexual, yet innocent. Julie felt like he was holding back. Had her foot not been injured, their dancing would have been so hot. He held her in a way that gave his body full access to hers, but he didn’t take advantage of the situation. Julie wished he would.

AJ continued to sit next to Kate, watching Julie. Kate sighed when she saw the look of envy on AJ's face. She didn’t understand why he looked like that. Sure Donnie was dancing with Julie, but he wasn’t working it like she knew he could. It made her wonder why he had even asked her to dance. Kate leaned close to AJ to speak in his ear.
"You know that could be you,” she said to him, giving him encouragement. He looked a Kate.
"No. If she'd rather be with him..." He trails off. Kate had an idea, it would benefit her as well, and that was always a bonus.
"Do you have Nick's cell number?" He looks at Kate in shock, absolutely surprised that she would have the guts to ask him for Nick’s number while he sat there watching her friend dance with Donnie. She rolls her eyes at him when she saw the look on his face.
"I don't want it. Well, that's not true but... I mean, I'm not asking for you to give it to me. I was thinking you could text him down in the DJ booth and have him play If You Want It To Be Good. Julie likes that song and I'm sure she'd love for you to dance with her."
He shrugged, "She seems happy."

Kate dropped the subject when she heard Nick downstairs. His song had finished and he was talking to the fans. She looked over the rail to watch him. AJ turned to see why she went quiet. He watched her watching Nick. He smiled to himself. This was the kind of girl Nick needed. The way she looked at him proved she wasn't a typical fan. She didn't seem to know all the words to his songs, she blushed every time he looked up at her, and she just seemed relaxed and natural.
It had been a while since Nick had been interested in anyone. AJ could understand, dating a fan never worked out. Most girls got caught up in the fame of dating a Backstreet Boy or they were just after their money. No, Kate didn't seem like either of those. He'd have to make sure he introduced them.

When the song ended, Donnie helped Julie back into her chair. He leaned in to whisper to her.
"I need to go sing, June Bug. But I'll be back for you." A chill ran down Julie's spine as Donnie's breath tickled her ear.
"Hey, AJ? Are you coming down to hang with us?" Donnie asked. AJ looked longingly at Julie. He did want to talk to her, but he had seen the joy in her eyes when she danced with Donnie and he didn't want to take that from Donnie. He took a big swig from his soda, giving him time to think before he answered.
"Screw it!" AJ thought, "We'll probably never see these girls again and I just want to talk to her."
Out loud he said, "Na. I just came to chill tonight. I'll just hang with these lovely ladies for a while.” As Donnie walked away, AJ pulled out his phone and sent a text to Nick. He watched over the railing as Nick took his phone from his pocket.
"We have a request for our bad boy song."
"Dude where are you? Didn't know you were coming?" Nick texted back.
"Upstairs with two beautiful women, look up. Stage left." Nick looked around the balcony, spotting AJ, and the girls he was sitting with.
"Hands off man! That one's mine." Nick jokes in his next text.
AJ was surprised. Which girl was Nick talking about? Please don't let it be Julie. He pointed to Julie. Nick shook his head. AJ pointed to Kate. Nick nodded.
"If you want her come and claim her." AJ text back, happy that Nick had chosen Kate on his own.
"On my way. “Nick texts back. AJ laughs out loud, both girls look at him, a little confused.
"Have Howie spin that tune." He quickly texts back, hoping Nick got the text before heading upstairs.
The girls were still looking at AJ when he finally looks back up from his phone. He smiles devilishly as he puts in back in his pocket.
"What?" He asked, trying to sound innocent.
"I think he's up to something." Kate said to Julie.
"Oh, no doubt about it." Julie agreed.
"Me?" AJ says feinting innocence. The girls both laugh.
"So, I have to ask," Julie starts, "What's the deal with the finger nail polish?" AJ laughs rubbing his hands together.
"It’s a long story." Julie looked at him to let him know he's not getting out of it that easily.
Nick walked up to the table, standing just behind Kate. He wrapped his hands around her arms leaning to whisper to her.
"Now do I get to know your name?"
Goosebumps appeared on Kate's arms despite the heat in the club. When she turned to look at him, their lips almost met. Kate blushed, and then looked down.
"Kate." she said quietly. A wide grin spreads on Nick's face. Julie interrupts as “If You Want It To Be Good” starts playing.
"Oh I love this song!" AJ jumped out of his seat and asked Julie to dance. Fortunately only Nick noticed his eagerness. She took his hand as he helped her to her feet. Taking Donnie’s lead, they head to the same spot where Donnie had danced with her. Nick took Kate's hand and followed Julie and AJ.
Nick and AJ showed Kate and Julie just how good bad boys could be. AJ didn’t want to copy Donnie, he wanted Julie to remember him when the night was over, but Donnie had the right idea of hitching her leg over the hip. But AJ wasn’t afraid to take full advantage. Leaning down just a little, AJ slid his hand up from her calf, along the outside, until her reached the knee. He lifted her leg, resting it on the curve of his lower back. Her red petticoat was trying to peek out. For some reason, the sight of the red underneath was turning him on. As he slowly started to grind with her, he pushed the hem of her dress up higher on her hip, so that more of the red showed through.
AJ could picture them both naked, making love to the rhythm of the music. Her body fit perfectly up against his, the fact that they were the same height only helped in this.
Nick glanced over at his friend. He felt himself blush, which rarely happened. AJ had a lot more balls at the moment than he did. As much as he wanted to dance like that with Kate, it didn’t feel like the right time to be so bold. He gave kudos to his friend. As the ended, both girls were hot and bothered, wishing they could keep going.

"I think it’s time to slow this down a little." Donnie said downstairs, unaware of what was happing on the floor above him. Jordan began singing” Didn't I Blow Your Mind”. Neither Nick nor AJ seemed to want to stop dancing and were glad to have a change to get closer, in a more romantic sort of way.
Kate reached up, crossing her wrists behind Nick's neck. Nick pulled her close gazing down into her eyes.
"Hmm." Nick said, confusion in his eyes
"What?" Kate asked, starting to pull away. He pulled her back close.
"I could have sworn your eyes were brown earlier, but they're green."
Julie, who was slow dancing with AJ close by, overheard Nick's comment, started laughing. AJ looks confused. Julie turned to look at Kate, knowing why her eyes were green. Kate looked Julie in the eyes, guilt all across her face. She couldn’t help but to blush and look at the floor.
"What?" Nick asked suspiciously.
"Nothing." Kate replied, not wanting him to know what it meant.
AJ caught what was going on and chuckled. He pulled Julie a little closer and whispered in her ear.
"I think your friend is a little horny." He stated. Julie blushed this time. Was he as perceptive about her and the fact that her eyes changed as well? Julie quickly found out he did.
"I noticed your eyes changed from green to a blue color, as we danced. I hope that means you’re feeling what I felt."
Julie looked down at her feet, blushing profusely. Yeah. She felt it. He could have taken her right there, and she wouldn’t have minded. AJ reached across to tap Nick on the shoulder. Before Julie realized what he was doing, AJ said to Nick, "Her eyes are green because she is horny. Time to take action." Neither girl could hear them but both their hearts fluttered with anticipation brought on by the look on both guys faces.
Nick looked down at Kate his eyes smoldering. He brought his lips so close to her ear. "So I did blow your mind this time, didn't I?" He asked, the heat of his breath sending shivers up into her hairline. He dared much, as he brought his soft lips to the bare skin of her neck. It caught Kate off guard. She turned her head swiftly, causing their lips to meet. He misunderstood her movement, thinking she was instigating more, and pulled her in tighter. His kiss was full of fire, the heat filled them both. Their lips parted as they both drew in deep breaths, but before they could connect again, Kate was being pulled backwards. A BSB fan had grabbed the back of Kate's dress and pulled her so hard she fell on the floor, landing on her backside. Nick was instantly surrounded by girls, Kate left on the floor, stunned. Somehow AJ had gone unseen by the fans. He excused himself from Julie and quickly went to help Kate up. He then flagged a bouncer to have the girl who assaulted Kate removed from the club.
AJ escorted the girls thru Jordan's private party, past the secure door, and into a small room. There were a couple of couches and the girls went to sit on one. AJ looked at Kate.
"You ok?" He asked.
"Yeah, just embarrassed." Kate replied.
"You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You didn’t start it." AJ said. Kate slowly shook her head looking down at her hands. That wasn’t why she was blushing. She was all about etiquette and she had just been making out with Nick in public. This was just not like her.
AJ went over and sat between the girls, putting an arm around each of them.
Nick walked into the room, seeing AJ on the couch. He walked over to Kate and knelt in front of her. AJ removed his one arm from Kate’s shoulder as Nick ran a hand across her cheek.
"I am so sorry about that. Are you alright?” Nick's voice was full of concern. It warmed her heart. Kate nodded, not able to make eye contact. Nick stood up, pulling Kate up into his arms. She finally looked up into his slate blue eyes.
"Damn!" he said, apparently upset. Kate looked confused. What had she done to make him upset.
"Your eyes are brown again." he whispered, more to himself than to her. Kate burst out laughing.
"Ah there's the smile I love." He leaned down, kissing her softly. She melted at his touch. How could she be so attracted to someone she just met? She wondered to herself.

Back on the couch, AJ still had his arm around Julie. He was used to having the fans fawn over him, as all the guys were. But there was something about these two. Julie wasn't acting all crazy, like some of the others do. Was it because he wasn't Donnie?
“Damn it... I am AJ McLean. The bad boy of Backstreet Boys. Why isn’t she flirting with me?” he thought to himself.
"So... Is Donnie your favorite?" he asked, trying to determine where he stood.
"Excuse me?" Julie was confused. He had just spent the hour with her, a part of that in each other’s arms, and he was asking her about Donnie?
"It’s just that you kept looking at him all night, during the show, so I assumed he is your favorite." Julie tried hard not to laugh.
"I met him once, about two years ago, on my birthday. I just wanted to see if he remembered me. But when he saw me here tonight, and danced with me, he showed no sign of remembering." AJ smiled inside. So he still had hope.
“Wait… what do you mean you saw looking at him all night? You were watching me?”
AJ tried to quickly change the subject by getting it back on Donnie.
"Not to sound cocky or anything, but, is there a reason he would remember you? They do meet a lot of people, every day, and you did just say it was years ago."
Julie blushed when she remembered when they had met.
She had gone to the meet and greet in Chicago and wore a red shirt that said Face Time. When Donnie had walked into the room and saw her, he made sure to have her by his side for the photo. After the picture was taken, he turned to Julie, pulled her into his arms and kissed her like she had never been kissed before.
Her blush was visible to AJ. He pulled his arm away looking disappointed.
"So it was something that good." He stated.
Julie blushed deeper.
"No. It was just a kiss."
"But it must have been good for you to keep it on your mind."
Julie saw how disappointed AJ became. She had never been one to be accused of being shy and although she did hold a special place in heart for Donnie, there was no denying the attraction she had for AJ. She put her arms around his neck pulling him into a passionate kiss. AJ responded immediately pulling her legs over his to slide her into his lap.

Down in the DJ booth, Jordan was talking to the fans on the microphone, trying to introduce what he wanted to do next.
"How many of you wanted to hear “All In My Head” at the concert tonight?" The fans start screaming; indicating they all wished it had been a part of the already amazing show.
"Ok then let's see how many of us we can get down here to sing it for you. Howie? Where'd you go? Nick? Get your butt back here."
Donnie chimed in, "AJ, you too."
"AJ's here? Nice." Jordan commented. AJ reluctantly stood up taking Julie with him.
"Come on beautiful. I'm not letting you outta my sight." He led her to the elevator followed by Nick and Kate. The guys held their hands as they led them on stage.
The girls stood together on the side of the stage as the guys huddled up to decide who would sing the missing guys parts. As they started to sing the 5 of them stand in a line (Howie, Jordan, Donnie, Nick and AJ). The guys fed off each other picking up dance moves. As AJ began singing the chorus, he walked over to Julie, taking her hand and singing to her. He backed up slowly, pulling her out into the front of the stage. The other guys follow suit pulling a girl from the crowd to bring up on stage. Nick pulled Kate out of the corner. She blushed, biting her lip. His voice was so beautiful, her breath catching in her throat. The girls sang along on the chorus, blushing whenever Nick or AJ had a solo.

When the song ended, all the girls got hugs from the guys singing to them. Julie and Kate left the stage when the other girls did, moving into the crowd. They stayed as close to the stage as they could, to watch the show. BSB performed “Bye Bye Love”. When Jordan sang “One More Night”, he watched Kate on the dance floor, as she sang along. Jordan noticed that Nick was occupied at the DJ booth so he took full advantage. He crossed the stage to sing to Kate. Their eyes locked. He was singing to her, and only her. Their eye contact broke when screams started as the music for “Dirty Dancing” began. Nick, AJ and Howie fill in for the missing New Kids. Julie and Kate rocked out to one of their favorite songs.

As the night began to wind down, BSB sang the “Shape Of My Heart”, Kate's favorite BSB song. AJ jumped off the stage to pull Julie back up with him. With the help of Nick, who held out his hand to balance her, AJ placed his hands on her hips and lifted her up. She stood there, quiet embarrassed, as he sang. As the song ended he surprised her by pulling her in to him. Her hands landed on his chest as she tried to steady herself, trying to keep off her left foot. She could feel his heart pounding in his chest, her hands becoming hot from the warmth of his chest. Without warning he leaned ever so slightly down to kiss her deeply. Suddenly her foot didn't hurt anymore. But it did do the foot pop. Her injured foot went into the air behind her. Julie could hear the hoots and hollers, of both people happy for them and those that were jealous, but she didn't care. AJ was such a good kisser. His tongue probed gently into her mouth causing her body temperature to rise.

Donnie watched, jealously, as the woman who seems so familiar to him, was wrapped in the arms one of his best friends, their kiss so passionate, that he had to look away.

The guys thanked everyone for coming, taking time to sign some autographs as people left. Kate and Julie went back upstairs to get their purses that they had left at their table. Luckily, no one had bothered their things.

Nick looked around, not seeing Kate. His heart started to pound. He looked over at AJ, hoping Julie was still with him, but AJ stood alone. He smacked AJ to get his attention.

"Dude, where'd the girls go?" AJ looked around. The room was almost chaotic as people were being moved out the doors by the staff, but the girls in the club were still trying to move up to see the guys one last time.

“I don't know. You look around down here and I'll check upstairs," AJ said. As he headed upstairs, Howie noticed the distress of his fellow band mates. He turned to Nick, who was craning his neck in various ways trying to see where his girl had gone.

"What's up, Nick? Is everything alright?"

"The girls we were dancing with earlier, we brought them up on stage, well, we can't find them." Nick explained to Howie as he was continuing to scan the crowd.

"So?" Howie said, wanting more information, knowing where this was going.

"I... I want to say good night." Nick said, lamely.

"Oh, man! You're not falling for a fan are you?" Howie accused, teasing his friend.

"No!" Nick said, defensively, "She's just cool so I wanted to say good bye."

"Uh, huh. Sure you did."

"What are you talking about? You married the president of your fan club." Nick accused.

"Point taken. So what does she look like?" Howie asked.

"Did you see the girl in the 50's dress?" Nick asked, thinking that would be the easiest way to start.

"Yeah. I couldn't miss her. Who goes to an after party dressed as a 50’s house wife?" They both laughed.

"Well, she was with her. Kate was the one in the black dress."

"Oh, the cute Hispanic one?" Nick looked at Howie.

"She's not Hispanic."

"Trust me dude, us Latin lovers recognize our own."

"Whatever. Will you help me find her?" Just then Nick's phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out. It was a text from AJ.

"Found them. Upstairs." Nick sighed in relief. He headed for the elevator. Howie followed right behind. AJ had found the girls back at their table. They had left their purses there. Nick strode up to Kate.

"What? You thought you could leave without saying goodbye?" he asked.

"No. I thought I'd better get my purse before they throw me out of here." Kate replied.

"Good. Because I didn't get your digits yet." He said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Kate looked at him, a little confused.

"My what?" she asked.

"Your phone number."

"Wait... what? You want my number?"

"That is how people usually keep in contact." He smiled at her as he teased. Kate blushed. She was sure as soon as they walked out those front doors and headed to Julie's car, that would be the end. Even though the girls were headed to Kansas City, she didn't think it would matter. AJ pulled his phone out as well.

"You bet me to it. I was just about to do the same." He stepped closer to Julie to get her info without others hearing them. Kate took a deep breath. She couldn’t believe she was giving Nick her number. Howie just stood there watching as they all made the exchange. Nick happened to glance over and notice Howie standing just behind him. He hadn't realized Howie had followed him up the stairs. He turned to Howie so he introduced him to the girls.

"Sorry, Howie. This is Kate and Julie. Ladies, this is Howie." Kate shook hands with Howie.

"It's nice to meet you." She said.

"Likewise." Howie turned to Julie. "You must be Julie. So nice to meet you." Julie just nodded. He laughed as he took in her full outfit. "Okay, I have to ask, why would you wear a dress like this to an after party?" Julie laughed as she blushed.

"I just started a photography business doing WW2 style pin up photography. So I decided it would be fun to go to the concert as a pin up model. I was hoping it would get me noticed." She blushed again as Howie laughed.

"Well, it worked! No one can miss you. You look like June Cleaver from 'Leave it to Beaver.'"

"Donnie called me that earlier tonight."

Just then, Howie pulled his phone from his back pocket. He looked at the screen.

"Speaking of Donnie... He wants to know where we are. He said he needs us." Nick and AJ nodded at him before stepping up to their girls. Howie turned and waked away as AJ pulled Julie close, being mindful of her foot.

"Don't go too far. I need to talk to you before we leave." Julie felt her heart soar. Here she was, in AJ McLean's arms. How did her night end up like this? She had come to Minneapolis to see the New Kids. She had been a fan of the guys for more than half her life. The Backstreet Boys had been a band she only listened to once in a while. She knew very little about them, other than basic stuff, like their names. She had never fantasied about any of them. That seemed to make it all the more thrilling.

The security was very pushy about getting everyone out of the club. Julie limped extra to try and buy a little more time. She even stopped and pretended to fix her bandage.

Kate kept looking towards the stage for the guys, but they were nowhere to be found. When a tall, big security guy began pushing to get them out the door, they knew they had to leave. Kate glanced around one more time, looking for anyone that could tell Nick and AJ they were forced out, but she saw no one that would care.

As they stepped out into the hot sticky night, reality came back. They were back to being just like every other girl in the club. Just fans there to see the big stars.

They walked back to Julie's car, having to stop and ask a nice cop on a horse for directions. Once they were back, Julie sat down and sighed.

"It was fun while it lasted. Do you think they will see us at the show tomorrow?" Kate laughed.

"You mean later tonight?" It was well after 2 am.

"If we are lucky, we might even pass the buses." Julie pointed out. "I will drive far enough to get us outta town, if you don't mind taken over after that, so I can rest my foot."

"Not a problem."

Kate changes into jeans and a tank top for the long drive to Kansas City. They got situated in the car and pulled out of the parking complex. They got a little turned around while waiting for the GPS to calculate their location. Soon enough, they were the on the freeway.
They stopped at a gas station to fill up and switch drivers. They were already back on the road when Julie's text message went off.
"Is this Julie?"
"Yes." She responded, "Who's this?"
"AJ. Where'd you go?"
"We got kicked out."
"Are you still here?" He asked.
"No. I didn't see you so we headed out."
"That sucks. Is Kate with you?"
"Of course, why?"
"Nick wants to know."
Kate's heart started racing as Julie read the text message aloud.
Kate suggested to Julie that they not to tell the guys that they'll be at the next concert.
"Why?" Julie asks.
"I want to see if they'll remember us. Or if tonight was a fluke."
"Dude I'm texting with AJ! I have his private cell number! Of course they'll remember us."
Kate looks doubtful.
As Julie starts to text AJ, Kate gets upset.
"Don't tell him what I said!"
"I'm not, calm down, girl." Julie says soothingly. Julie pulls out her copy of Nick's Cd that she had bought at the concert and put in the CD player for Kate.
She finishes her text, reading it to Kate. "So where y'all headed to now?"
Kate calms down listening to Nick's soothing voice.
"Kansas City. We got a show tomorrow night at the sprint center." AJ replies.
"How long of a drive is that?"
"Not really sure. We just get on the bus and sleep and in the morning we're at the next place. So where are you headed?"
Julie had to think a minute before responding. She didn't want to betray Kate but she needed something to tell AJ.
"We have reservations at a Holiday Inn."
"What highway are you on?"
"I don't know. Why?" Julie asks.
"Well Nick and I are sharing a bus tonight and we thought if we were driving past your hotel we could stop and see you." Julie looked at Kate.
"They want to meet us."
Kate's eyes started to get moist, "Really?"
"Yeah really! Where should we stop?"
"I don't know where are they?
Julie texts AJ, "We're headed south on 35."
She turns back to Kate.
"I hope we're a little ahead of them. I could use some freshening up before I see him."
"Well start digging in the back everything is in the back seat." Kate replies.

"Looks like we are just getting out on I-35. Can we meet you?" AJ's text comes back.

"Yes. Where do you want to meet?"

"Is your hotel close to the highway?" He asks.
"I don't know for sure. What if we just stop and wait for you to catch up?"
"Sounds good. Someplace not too crowded. We might get recognized." He replies.
"How about me meet at a Rest Area?" Julie suggests.
"NO!" AJ replies. "I don't you girls alone at a rest stop. How about a truck stop? We could get something to eat."
"That sounds good. I know there is one in Owatonna. Will that work?"

"Yes. The bus driver says that we'll be there in about 45 minutes."
"Ok." Julie replies.
Kate drove to Owatonna while Julie dug their toiletries bag out of the back. As soon as the girls arrive they park and go into the truck atop to find a bathroom to freshen up.

Julie sent a text to AJ, "At the Pilot. Getting a table."

Julie asks the waitress for a corner booth. The girls waited for the guys to arrive. Kate was starting to get nervous.
"Do you think they'll really come?" She asked Julie.
"Of course. I still can't believe you didn't change back to your dress."
"It was all sweaty and smelly. Besides this is who I am. If he doesn't like the real me then it isn't meant to be."
Julie had to admit that Kate had a point. But would Nick like the tough cowgirl that Kate actually was? Julie started to wonder, it had taken Kate 2 years to get over her last boyfriend and although she didn't talk about it anymore Julie wondered if Kate was open to a new relationship.
Julie's phone buzzed again.
"Pulling in the parking lot now." AJ text.
Julie texted back, "Back corner booth to the right as you walk in."

A few minutes later the guys walked in, AJ playfully shoved Nick. Nick laughed as they walked over to the girls. As they slid into the booth, AJ put an arm around Julie, kissing her cheek.
"You were wrong you know." He said.
"I was wrong about what?" Julie asked, a little confused.
"You can't get rid of us that easily."
Julie gave him a mischievous grin. She leaned in to whisper in his ear. He turned his head toward her, blocking the view of her face from Nick and Kate.
"If I wanted to get rid of you, would I do this?" She whispered breathily. Just then, with a level of bravery she didn’t know she had, Julie ran her tongue up the outside of his earlobe.
"Ooo," he shivered. Julie could see the hairs on his neck stand on end. "Think I found myself a bad girl."
Nick looks up from his menu. He noticed the look on AJ’s face. He wasn’t sure what he missed, but he knew where it could go.
"Do guys need a few minutes alone?" He teased. "I can get you the bus keys?"
"Trust me it'd be more than an few minutes," AJ replied, looking Julie straight in the eyes. She had to break away. Julie knew they were joking but she didn't want to be another notch on his bedpost either. Kate saw the expression on Julie's face and decided it was time for a subject change.
"So, what are you having to eat, Jewels?" She asked picking up her menu. This did not successfully diverted the guys’ attention. Nick snickered.

“I think she is gonna have an AJ sandwich with a side of hot cakes.” Julie started laughing.

“Hot cakes? Only my grandma still calls pancakes, hot cakes.” That changed the subject. Nick went on to explain his grandmother said the same thing and it just stuck. As they were discussing pancakes, the waitress came and took their orders. The conversation finally turned mellower.
"So Julie," AJ asked, "You said you do pin up calendars?"
"Kind of. My friend and I are starting up a business to take the photographs. It's kinda like those places that do the old west photos but ours are WW2 pin ups." She explained.
"So are you a photographer?" Nick asks Julie.
"No, my friend Janice is. I do the costumes, hair and make-up."
Nick turns to Kate.
"How come you aren't a part of this business?"
"Because I don't live near Julie."
Nick looks confused, "You don't? Where do you live?"
"Washington."
"State or DC?"
"State."
Nick looks at AJ.
"Weren't we just there?" Nick asked him.
"Yeah, Seattle I think."
"Tacoma, actually." Kate adds.
"Were you at that show?" Nick asked.
"No, I wish. I had to work. Besides, I couldn't go without Julie." Kate says winking at Julie.
"Yeah. I had to pop her cherry." Julie commented.
"You what?" AJ was confused.
"Kate was a New Kids virgin. Tonight was her first concert."
"So you weren't even there to see us." Nick says with puppy dog eyes.
"Oh, poor baby." Kate says putting a hand to Nick's cheek, "I like the Backstreet Boys. In fact I tried to get tickets one time in the 90's but I could never get thru to Ticketmaster."
He smiled at her mischievously, "You know I think I might know someone who could get you tickets."
"Really?! Ooo, that'd be so cool. Could he like get tickets for me and my friend? Cause I wouldn't want to go without her."  Everyone laughs at Kate impression of a teenie bopper.

The waitress returned with their food, stopping their conversation for a time. The guys spent the meal getting to know the girls better. AJ learned that Julie also had not been to the show to see them, but the New Kids. He admitted that made it all the more exciting. It meant she wasn’t a BSB groupie.  After they finished eating, it was Kate who said the dreaded words.
"Well, we better get going. We still have a long drive."
"Yeah. Our bus driver is probably wondering what happened to us." Nick agreed.
"Can we walk you to your car?" AJ asked.
Julie smiled, taking his hand, leading him out to her car. Nick and Kate hand in hand, behind them.

When they got to her dark green Cavalier, they saw her “traveling stickers”. NKOTBSB was on the top of the windshield, in big white letters. AJ put his hand on her lower back, using it as leverage to pull her in. Once again, he was mindful of her foot. He looked her deep in the eyes. His dark brown eyes pulling her in.

“Are you driving?” he said in almost a whisper.

“No,” she breathed out, still lost in his eyes. “I have to ice my foot.”

“Good. That way I can text you as we travel.” He leaned in and kissed her so softly. Julie wanted more. How could this be? She knew nothing about this guy, yet she was more drawn to him that she had been when Donnie had kissed her.  He sensed her need and pulled her in tight. Their lips met with a great force. They parted ever so slightly, so his tongue could invade and dance with hers. Both his hands were wrapped around him. Her left foot popped up, of its own accord. She could stay like this forever. But in that moment, without warning, the sky opened and the rain started.

“Damn it,” Nick called out, as he was just pulling Kate into his arms for a kiss. The rain put a quick stop to that. He kissed her quickly. Julie was trying to call Kate into the car as the rain was beginning to come down harder.

“I will text you in a while,” he said. As Kate got into the car she called back.

“Text it to Julie. I am driving and she can read it to me.” He nodded as he climbed the steps to get onto the bus.
  They tried to stay behind the bus, but the rain got so bad. Kate had to slow down to only 25 miles per hour to be able to see. There were cars all along the road, pulled over, hoping to wait out the storm. They lost sight of the bus just moments after getting on the interstate. But the girls agreed it was fine. That way the guys had no clue they were gonna be in Kansas City later that day, to see them in concert again.  

Chapter 2 - Kansas City by Dark-Hunter

Kansas City

 

 

 

Kate's alarm went off at 4pm. She got up, letting Julie sleep a few more minutes. She took a cool shower. She never seemed to get use to the humidity of the Midwest. After blow drying her hair, she came out of the bathroom. Julie already had her hair in hot rollers.

 

As they got ready for the concert, Julie noticed that Kate avoided talking about last night. Even though she was curious, she didn't push it.

 

While Kate finished getting ready, Julie called downstairs and found a shuttle to take them to the Sprint Center.

 

While driving into Kansas City that morning (once Julie had woken up) they were able to get 3rd row seats, for a bit less than the face value of the tickets. Tonight, they were even more excited. Once in the venue, they found their 3rd row seats. They were on stage left at the end of the runway. Kate was distracted, trying not to think about Nick, so she decided to get a soda. Because of her foot, Julie stayed in their seats. As soon as Kate was out of sight, Julie pulled out her phone and text AJ. She couldn’t help it.

 

"Hey handsome, you getting ready for your show?” His text came back quickly.
"Yes, did you make it home safe?"
"We're not home yet. We had another stop to make on the way home. Should be headed home in the morning.” She waited a moment, debating her next text. But she loved her friend too much not to risk it all by asking.
“Not to be nosy, but do you know why Nick didn't text Kate?" It didn’t take long for a reply back.
"Lol. Yeah. No nosiness there! It was because she was driving."
"I see. That changes everything. Well, good luck tonight! Or do you say break a leg, like in theater?"
"It's good luck in music. Were you in theater?"
"Yeah. That's how I met Kate."
"I have to go warm up but can I call you after the show?"
"Sure. Make sure you pick a nice girl to take on stage tonight."
"If you were here I'd pick you."
Julie smiled to herself as Kate returned and took her seat.

 

"So, what'd ya get?" Julie asked Kate, seeing that she had a CD in one hand and the soda in another.
“Diet Pepsi.” She replied flatly. Julie tried to lighten the mood.
“I meant the CD.”

 

Kate smiled. She was upset about the situation with Nick, but didn’t want to ruin the night for Julie.
"Unfinished." She says handing the CD to Julie. “It’s Jordan’s newest CD, and he kissed it.”


As the lights went down and the screams went up, Julie and Kate stood up from their seats. The curtain dropped and the nine guys stepped out onto the main stage to sing Single mixed with The One. They moved half way up the shaft, but not far enough that anyone could see the girls. Julie’s heart was hammering so hard she thought she might need to sit down. The song ended and the New Kids moved off the stage so the Backstreet Boys could sing The Call. Once again, they only made it half way down the shaft. The anticipation was torture. The song ended and the guys switched. The New Kids moved swiftly down the shaft, three remaining at various places on the shaft, but Jordan and Donnie moved to the head.

Jordan was singing to no one in particular when he moved to go from one side of the stage to the other. It was then that he caught sight of Kate. Her low cut top was shades of brown and turquoise, with white and black. The lights kept hitting the sparklies in her top, making her more radiant. Kate smiled at him, with all the sexiness she could muster. If Nick was gonna be done with her, Jordan was right in front, making lovey eyes at her. Donnie came to the other side and stood next to Jordan as the other three members moved up the stage to end up at the head. Donnie looked down and smiled, in recognition, at Julie. Her heart skipped a beat, but it didn’t move like when AJ looked at her. This was very confusing for her.


 

The song was over before they knew it, and the Backstreet Boys were sneaking up the small stairs on the side of the stage, just a few feet from Julie and Kate. The lights were low so there was no way they could have seen the girls. The song Get Down started playing. Julie couldn’t help but notice that Nick was looking stage right where girls had sat in the night before. Howie and Brian were facing them. AJ was facing out the very tip of the stage, and Nick was still looking over to the right. Howie got a big smile on his face when he locked eyes with the girls. Julie quickly put a finger to her lips in a shushing motion. She didn’t want Howie to say anything. Howie winked at Julie, letting her know he saw.

 

 

 

As they sang Get Down, they moved counter clockwise, so each guy had a time at different spots on the stage. When AJ got to their side, he actually missed a step. His eyes fell on Julie. His smile said it all. He regained his step and finished the song, trying his hardest to keep an eye on Julie. Nick, for some reason, never let his eyes drift to the left. He just kept looking to the right. Just before they left the stage, Julie locked eyes with AJ, pointed to Kate, and did the finger to her lips again. He nodded as if he knew exactly what she meant.

As the New Kids took the stage again, this time to sing The Right Stuff, Julie felt her phone vibrating in her back pocket. She quickly pulled it out. It was AJ.
“You don’t want Nick to know?” he texted to her.
“Not yet. He seems so lost, he keeps looking right.” Julie replied.
“But that is where you sat last night.”
Julie laughed as she read this.
“When should we tell him?” She asked.
“Let me take care of this. Just enjoy the show.”

Julie put her phone back in her pocket. The guys finished and the Backstreet Boys were back out. They had on white satin suits. Julie just wanted to run her hands over AJ’s chest to feel the soft fabric against his hard chest. She felt herself blush. She looked over at Kate, who was avoiding looking at Nick.

Show Me The Reason started playing. AJ kept looking over at Julie, singing to her. Nick still had not caught sight of them. As they sang 10,000 Promises, the stage hands put four chairs with roses on the shaft. When the song ended, Howie started talking about needing to find some girls. Of course, Brian had already found a sweet little 6 yr old to bring on stage. Howie was looking for a girl up the shaft and AJ turned to Nick.

 

“Dude. I have found the perfect girl for you.” Nick just looked at him confused. “But you gotta look that way.” He pointed to where the girls had been sitting the night before. “Cover your eyes. No peeking."

 

Nick made a show of covering his eyes. AJ darted off for the side steps on the stage, close to the girls. He pointed to Julie and Kate, letting the security know he wanted them. They carefully slid out from their row, trying not to get Julie’s foot hurt in the process. He took them both by the hand, holding on to Julie’s elbow, rather than her hand. He took them straight over to where Nick stood.

 

“Ok, you can look now." AJ said to his friend. Nick was weary. What crazy fan did he pick tonight? He turned around slowly, reluctantly. His shock was very clear. It quickly turned into a smile that lit his whole face. He embraced Kate, lifting her off her feet as he swung her around. Kate was elated. He did want to see her again. He set her back on her feet and they all went to get the girls sat down.

As they began to sing I'll never Break Your Heart, AJ took the rose and slid it down Julie’s cheek. She had seen the other fans sitting up here before, and they always blush. But none of them knew exactly how soft his lips really were. As soft as the rose petals that now caressed her cheek. Back behind her, Nick was so excited to have Kate in his chair. He played with her, leaning backwards over her knees, as if she was doing a dip with him. She ran her fingers thru his sweaty hair as he sang to her. Unlike the regular fans they brought on stage Kate wasn't shy about bantering back with Nick. She even sang along.

 

Toward the end of the song the guys walked their girls to the head of the stage and sang on bended knee. This was too much for Julie. When the guys stood back up she wrapped her arms around AJ and pressed her lips to his. Security was on their way to pull Julie off AJ but she had already realized she was in front of 20, 000 screaming fans. She blushed as she rushed off stage as fast as her sprained ankle would take her.
BSB sang Drowning and Incomplete before turning the stage over to NKOTB. As soon as the guys were off stage Nick text Kate.

 

"Is this Kate?"
"Yes."
"Why didn't you tell me you were going to be here?"
"It was Julie's birthday surprise." She said making an excuse.
"Will you wait for me after the concert?"
"Yes."
"I'll send someone to get you."
"Ok" Kate replies, "Oh and thanks."
"Thanks?" Nick asks curiously.
"I'll never forget the look on your face when you saw me."
Tears of happiness filled Kate's eyes.
"Baby you made my night! Gotta go see you soon."

 

It was like Nick was a whole new person for the rest of the show. Not that any of the regular fans would have noticed a difference but Kate and Julie noticed how he gravitated stage left.

After the concert Kate and Julie waited in their seats while the rest of the crowd started to clear out. The floor seats were almost empty when a big buff guy in a black security shirt, approached them.

 

"Is one of you Kate?" He asked in a deep baritone voice.
"I am." Kate replied.
"You and your friend are supposed to come with me."

 

He turned and started to walk to the head of the stage. He led the girls thru security and under the stage. After following him backstage he led them to a hallway of closed doors. Each door had a laminated paper taped to it. The top of each paper read NKOTBSB, underneath was written what the room was for. The first door was labeled, Quiet Room. The next said NKOTB. The guy passed that door and stopped in front of another one that said BSB. He knocked on the door. It took a moment, but when it opened, Brian was standing there, still dressed in his Orlando jersey.

 

 

 

"Sorry we didn't order any Girl Scout cookies."   He pretended to close the door on them then yanked it back open, laughing. “Or would it be a Betty Crocker cake?”

 

He started laughing again, the girls looking confused. “I heard you were dressed like Betty Crocker last night.” He teased as he laughed. Kate and Julie laugh with him before Julie replied.

 

 

 

“No. I was June Cleaver.”  He stepped back to allow them into the room, the door left open behind them.

 

Nick walked out of the bathroom in the back corner, a towel in one hands as he dried his hair. He had another towel wrapped around his lean waist. He looked up to see Kate and Julie standing in the doorway. He smiled big at Kate. As he stepped up to her, he leaned in as if to kiss her. Kate took a step back. Nick instantly had a look of confusion on his face.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

“You can’t just kiss me and expect it to all be okay.” Nick was even more confused now.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kate was actually getting mad.

 

“You act all happy to see me, but you didn’t once text or call me. You made me feel like last night was just a fluke. AJ at least checked to make sure Julie had given him her real number and to make sure she made it home okay. You never even bothered.”

 

“That’s because you were driving! I was trying to keep you safe.” Kate just scoffed.

 

“Julie sat right beside me. You could have sent a text and she could have replied for me.” Nick tried leaning in again; he wanted to whisper in her ear. Kate stood still as his lips came so close to her.

 

“Can I talk to you alone to tell you what really happened?” Kate had chills erupt all over her skin. He moved back, to be able to look in her eyes. The slate gray color she was so use to, had changed to a lighter shade of blue. Kate looked down at his toweled body.

 

“Umm. Do you wanna get dressed first?” Nick blushed, nodded, and hurried over to the clothing rack they had in the far left corner. He pulled a few items off hangers and turned to go into the bathroom. The girls turned to face each other and started laughed.

 

 

 

Behind them, AJ had stepped into the room, not letting the girls know he was there. He crept up to Julie, and shocked her when his lips met with her bare skin. Julie was wearing a black and pink NKOTB Breast Cancer tank top. She shoulders were bare, and AJ had found them enticing. She turned around, fully prepared to slap someone. Her hand was raised but stopped just before striking when she saw it was AJ. They both laughed at the situation.

 

 

 

“Why would you slap me?” he teased her.

 

“I didn’t think it would be you.” He looked at her funny.

 

“Who else would be kissing you?” She decided to be cruel.

 

“Donnie, maybe…” She regretted saying that as soon as it left her lips. AJ looked down.

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” She placed her hand on his cheek. He looked back up at her.

 

“Donnie does remember you, by the way.” AJ said. Julie’s heart skipped. But she wasn’t sure why. As much as she wanted him to recall their kiss, she was so wrapped up in AJ now, it really didn’t matter anymore. “We were talking this afternoon, after huddle and he came up to me. All he said was ‘Chicago’. I looked at him confused. ‘That girl, June Bug. I kissed her in Chicago. That’s why she looked familiar.’ I just nodded and walked away.” Julie smiled at him. He didn’t see it; he was looking to the other side of the room. Julie put her hand on his cheek to force him to look at her.

 

 

 

“I don’t care,” was all she said. It didn’t matter anymore. She felt like she should be confused about it, but it all seemed right.  Without giving him warning, she wrapped the hand that had been on his cheek, around to the nape of his neck and pulled him to her. Their lips met, but in an awkward way. He hadn’t been expecting it, so it didn’t go like Julie had hope. He smiled at her gesture, wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissed her deeply.

 

 

 

He looked down at her breasts, the New Kids logo printed large across them.

 

“But you could have a New Kid if you wanted,” he said.

 

“I don’t want a New Kid. I just want you. AJ McLean. No titles, no fame. Just you.” Not caring that there were people in the room, AJ enveloped Julie, their bodies fitting so perfectly together. He kissed her with a passion he didn’t know he had. This was not a BSB fan. Julie was just a girl, and he was just a guy.

 

 

 

Nick returned to the room in a pair of black jeans and a white tank top with a blue button up shirt over it that was left unbuttoned. His eyes were a vivid blue now.
He took Kate's hand leading her out of the room.
AJ called after them, "Don't take too long we got we got a party to get to."
Julie smacked his chest, " I can't believe you just said that."
"What?" He says confused.
"Kate is not that kinda girl." She says adamantly.
AJ starts laughing, "Get your mind out of the gutter."
Julie thought about it and realized that AJ hadn't implied anything sexual.

Nick lead Kate down the hall to the quiet room. He opened the door and let her enter first. There were two couches in an L shape and a coffee table between them. Various instruments were scattered around the room. Kate went to sit on the nearest couch. She sat with her back against the high armrest, facing away from Nick. Her heart was hammering, she hated it when a guy said "We need to talk" . It never worked out for her. She tried to remind herself of the look on his face when he saw her on stage.
Nick locked the door so they wouldn't be disturbed and sat opposite Kate. She was trembling and wouldn't make eye contact with him

"Kate?" Nick said trying to get her to look up at him. She didn't look up. He reached over and carressed her cheek.

"I'm sorry Kate. I never meant to hurt you."

Still looking at her lap she nodded. She took a deep breath in resolve and stood up, walking to the door, leaving Nick on the couch. She fumbled with the lock because of the tears in her eyes. Before she could get it unlocked, Nick was right behind her.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Away! Don't worry I won't bother you anymore."

As she pulled the door open Nick pushed it closed.

"Please don't leave."

"Isn't that what you want?" Kate said, tears falling freely.

"No its not." He pulled her to his chest, feeling her trembling.

"Baby, I didn't bring you here to break up, I brought you here so I could apologize for being a jackass."
Kate pulled back in confusion. He continued, sincerity in his eyes.

"I"m an idiot. I should have called you last night. I just didn't want to admit my feelings for you. But when I saw you on stage tonight, there was no denying it."

"Why didn't you want to call? I thought we were having fun." Kate said.

"We were, I think that's what scared me. I"m sure you heard about my last relationship."

"No." Kate said honestly.

"No? I thought you said you were a fan."

"I am, but I'm not a stalker. I like you're music. And well I think your hot, but your private life is non of my business."

"Wow," Nick said amazed, "You are amazing, you know that?"

He lead her back to the the couch and sat facing her again. He held onto her hands, running a thumb across the back of her hands.

"I was engaged. I thought I had met the one but when it came down to it all she wanted was money and fame. I actually talked with her about taking some time off from BSB so we could start a family and she freaked out. I spend alot of time talking with Brian, AJ and Howie and came to realize that she wasn't good for me.So when you came along I freaked out. I'm sorry."

Kate couldn't believe it. Here was a guy she had known 24 hours and he was more honest with her than the last guy she had dated for a year.

"I thought I was just another fling. Or that you were hanging out with me for AJ's sake."

"No way I saw you first, remember."

She smiled remembering the way they had danced. He wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks.

"I'm not interested in you because you're a Backstreet Boy. I'm know I don't know alot about you but I'd like to get to know you better. The real you, not what's publicized about you. How about if we just take it one day at a time? No rush, No commitment just honesty."

Nick smiled at her, "I like that idea."

"And I promise never to ask you if I look fat." Kate said jokingly.
Nick laughed, "You look good to me. I like a girl with some meat on her bones."
Kate blushed. Nick leaned over to kiss her. He paused an inch from her lips, "Can I kiss you now?"

Kate leaned over wrapping her arms around Nick's neck pulling him into a deep kiss.

A knock on the door interuppted their kiss.

"What?'" Nick called.

"Come on. We need to get to the club before it closes," AJ called thru the door. Nick groaned, Kate laughed, pulling Nick back for a quick kiss. They head out and follow AJ and Julie to the shuttle.


At Club VooDoo, in the Power and Light District, the guys climbed out of the shuttle, heading into the club first. Kate had suggested that the guys go into the club without them so it didn't start more gossip. Kate and Julie followed one of the security guys through a different door, he handed them all access lanyards. Julie held hers up, looking at the picture of the four guys, in black and white. The bright red letters said the date, the venue, and ALL ACCESS in caps. She smiled big at Kate before they turned forward, into the club. The club was packed with BSB fans. The room was a basic rectangle shape with one long bar on the left as you looked at the procenium stage. Nick and Howie had already taken the stage. Julie scanned the area for AJ but didn't see him. The large security guy that had walked them in was still behind them. He leaned in, his headed in between Julie and Kate. He let the know that off to the right side was a blocked off area that only All Access people were allowed. Julie looked at Kate and they both nodded. That was were the needed to go. They took a few steps towards the area when Julie stopped. She turned to Kate.

"I need to go to the bar and get some ice first. I haven't iced my foot since yesterday and I can feel it swelling."
Kate offered to go get the ice, so Julie could get situated in the All Access area.
In the back corner away from the stage lights AJ was sitting at a table with 3 extra chairs. He smiled when he saw Julie limping towards him. He stood up holding her chair and helping her get comfortable.
"Where's Kate?" He asked.
"Getting me ice."
Kate walked up to the table and handed Julie a bag of ice. She sat on the other side of AJ so Julie could prop up her foot. They listen to the music for awhile. A waitress comes by to see if they need anything. The girls both order soda out of respect for AJ.

Nick took a break to come over to the table.
"Hey Beautiful." He said kissing the top of Kate's head, "Are you having fun?"
"I guess." Kate says unenthusiastically.
Nick laughs, "Tell me how you really feel."
"Sorry I'm just exhausted."
"Yeah," AJ says, " How did you get here so fast?"
"Drove." Kate replied yawning.
"You didn't drive all night, did you?"Nick asked concerned.
"Couldn't miss your next show could I?" Kate smiled sweetly.
"Have you had any sleep at all?" He asked.
"Yeah I slept for a couple of hours at the hotel before the show." Kate explained.

There was loud screaming coming from the fans. Julie and Kate looked around to see what the comotion was about.
"Let's get this party started." DDUB says onstage.
Donnie, Jordan and Joe had showed up to crash the party. They sang a few New Kids song and a few of their own singles.
"You know what I missed?" Kate said to Julie.
"No what?" Julie replied
"They didn't sing Big Girl Now at the concert."
"Well they didn't have Lady Gaga to perform with them."
"What are were talking about?" Nick asked.
" New Kids has a song called Big Girl Now." Julie explained, " But on the CD they are accommanied by Lady Gaga."
"Well they probably didn't add it to the mix if it has female vocals." AJ commented, "They would probably sing it tonight for you if you asked but they don't have a girl who could do that part."
" Oh I know a girl who could do that part." Julie said winking at Kate.
" Oh No!" Kate replied, "I"m not volunteering for that. Not sober at least."
"Wait, do you mean to tell me you sing?" Nick asked Kate.
Kate shrugged looking embarrassed.

Donnie came over to the table.
"Hey guys, Hope you don't mind us crashing your party." He said.
"Not at all." Nick replied "The more the merrier."
"Hey we have a request." AJ pipes up.
"Anything for you Cuz." Donnie replied.
"Well the girls want to hear Big Girl Now."
"Really?" Donnie says raising an eyebrow, "Only one problem. That song as a female solo."
"We already got that covered." Nick says putting his hands on Kate's shoulders.
Donnie looks suspiciously at Kate. "Well I don't know I'd have to see if Joe and Jordan want to do it."
"It's Ok." Kate said. "You don't have to."
Seeing Kate's humility about the song Donnie decided to try something. He took Kate's hand and lead her away from the table.
"Come with me," He said, then turning back to Nick "Don't worry I'll bring her back.

Kate followed Donnie outside to an empty alley.
"So do you really want to do this song?" He asked her.
"Only if you do." Kate replied.
"Do you mind if we practice?"
Kate shakes her head. Donnie started singing the chorus. Kate chimed in with Lady Gaga part. She was nervous as she began but she soon let loose and started singing normally. Donnie was impressed. He returned Kate to her table before going to talk to Jordan and Joe.

"So?" Nick asked, "Are you going to do it?"
Kate and Julie exchanged a look and burst out laughing. It took the guys a minute to follow the girls train of thought.
"Man! Are your minds always in the gutter?" AJ asked.
"Only when we have smokin hot guys nearby." Julie replied.
"Wait!" Nick said turning Kate to face him, "Yup green eyes."

Jordan started singing Let's go Higher.
"Oh its our song." Nick said, " You up for a dance?"
She smiled. He took Kate's hand and led her out to the dance floor.

AJ leaned over to Julie, "So Kate's a singer, what secret talents are you hiding?"
"Wouldn't you like to know." Julie teased.
He leaned over kissing her shoulder. Goosebumps broke out on Julie's arms.
Nick returned Kate to the table before heading on stage to sing. AJ excused himself to the restroom leaving Kate and Julie alone.
"So what happened?" Julie asked curiously.
"What? When?"
"When Nick took you to talk alone."
"Oh um..." Kate didn't know how much she should share. Julie was her best friend but this was Nick's personal life.
"He apologized for not calling. He had a bad break up and was scared."
Julie knew there was more than Kate was telling her but she also knew Kate well enough that if Kate didn't tell her it was because it wasn't her secret to tell.

Donnie and Joe walked up to the table.
"Well if it isn't June bug." Donnie said, "I didn't recognize you without your dress."
"What dress?" Joe asks.
"Last night they were in Minneapolis. June bug here was dressed like June Cleaver."
"Really." Joe said speculatively, "Does that mean you have dinner on the table and greet your husband with a kiss and a martini when he comes home?"
"Um no." Julie replied "First of all I'm not married..."
"Really?!" Joe said pulling out to sir down. He sat on Julie's bag of ice jumping back out of the chair. "Holy crap! That's the first time I got goosed by a bag of ice."
He picked up the bag moving it to the table. "Why's it here anyway?"
"It's for my foot." Julie explained.
Joe looked at her foot. Julie held it away from her chair where she had been protecting it.
"Ooo what'd ya do?"
"Sprained it."
"Mind if I take a look?" Joe asked.
Julie shook her head. He carefully unwrapped the ace bandage resting her calf across his leg.
Julie was nervous but Joe's fingers were gentle. As he pushed on the first pressure point she sucked her breath thru her teeth in pain.
"Sorry." He apologized but his fingers kept gently probing. Soon Julie was putty in his hands. The pain was gone, at least for now.
"Come on dude we gotta go." Donnie said.
Joe looked up to see Jordan paging them onstage. He gently set Julie's foot on the chair after he stood up.
"How'd you do that?" She asked.
He smiled down at her.
"A little trick I learned on Dancing With The Stars."
Donnie reached a hand out to Kate.
"Come on Pipes. Your up!" Donnie said
"Pipes?" Kate asked confused.
"Yeah cause you got a good set of pipes."
Kate looked suspiciously at Donnie. Joe starts laughing.
"DDub I swear you could come up with a nickname for everyone."
"That's not true. Only the ones I've met."
He smiles and leads them back to the stage. Kate checks her lipstick before following the guys to the stage. Julie gave her a reassuring smile.
"Good Luck!"
"This is your fault." Kate said over her shoulder.

AJ returned to the table.
"Sorry about that. Had to talk to security and get some things arranged."
"That's ok. Kate just left with Joe and Donnie to go sing."

Nick was onstage singing Just One Kiss off his new album when Kate stepped on the stage. Donnie had taken her hand escorting her behind the DJ table so security wouldn't stop her. He gave her a mic and showed her how to turn it on when it was their turn.
"Ok I'm going to intro the song then we'll start singing."
Kate nodded getting nervous. Jordan saw the stage fright in Kate's eyes.
"Don't worry you'll do great."
"Are you nervous?" Joe asked.
She nodded, "Nothing a shot of tequila won't fix."
Jordan grips her hand that isn't holding the mic. Joe disappears for a moment and returns with 4 shots of tequila.
He held up his shot in toast.
"To you debut."
The 4 of them clink glasses and down the shot. As the burn of the alcohol spread thru her, Kate could feel her breathing slowing to a more calm pace, although She didn't know if it was the tequila or a placebo effect of knowing she had taken one. She actually enjoyed the end of Nick's song, singing along with him.
Nick had seen Kate come on stage and knew that they were having her sing next. He had taken it upon himself to introduce the next song. After his song ended and the applause started to subside he pumped up the crowd.
"Is everyone having fun?"
Thunderous cheers surrounded them.
"Are there any Big Girls in the house?"
Again the volume level went thru the roof.
Jordan leaned into Kate speaking directly into her ear to be heard.
"What's you last name?"
"Reagan." Kate replied.
Jordan smiled to himself.
The guys moved around the table to the front of the stage Kate followed feeling more confident thanks to the tequila.
As the song started Nick had moved to the side of the stage to watch.
Kate transformed in front of his eyes. Suddenly she wasn't a quiet cowgirl. She was a performer and played her part well. She interacted with all 3 guys she was singing with and she sounded amazing.
Jordan loved it. He took the opportunity to bump and grind with Kate on stage.

When the song ended Kate tried to fade into the background but Jordan wasn't going to let that happen.
"Let's hear it for our guest singer and good friend Kate Reagan."
Donnie's head snapped to Kate. He stepped closer to her leaning in to speak into her ear.
"I knew there was a reason I liked you. How could not like a Reagan."
Kate blushed fully understanding his Blue Bloods reference.

The guys finally let Kate fade to the back of the stage. She wanted to return to her seat but couldn't see how she could get thru the crowd. Not to mention she had seen the looks of envy one the faces of some of the girls in the crowd and she really didn't want to get the crap kicked out of her because she was up here and they weren't.
Joe had slowed things down a little. He had grabbed a guitar and played Endlessly. Jordan sang harmony with him. The fans were waving their hands in the air in time to the music.

"I love this song!" Julie said.
AJ stood up holding a hand out to her.
"May I have this dance?"
She stood up and slow danced with him right by their table. He held her close as she pressed her cheek against his. She sang along softly in his ear.
"You know you have a good voice too." He complimented her.
She blushed, "You know he wrote this song for 9/11." She said trying to change the subject.
AJ studied her face.
"Julie will you stay with me tonight?" He asked simply.
She was taken off guard by his honest question. He wasn't asking her to sleep with him, he was asking her to keep him company. He looked so lonely it broke her heart.
"Yes." She replied.
He kissed her tenderly. As the song ended they headed back to their seats.
"Hey you're walking better." He noticed.
"Yeah I don't know what Joe did to it but it really helped."
"Joe?" He said pointing to Joe onstage.
"Yeah he said it was something he picked up on Dancing With The Stars. I don't know if he got hurt or just someone he knew but it feels a lot better."

Nick had helped Kate slip off the stage unseen. He brought her to the table.
"Hey bro, the guys want to do all in my head again. You game?"
He hesitated but Julie encouraged him.
"Please sing for me! I love your voice." She pleaded with him, batting her eyelashes at him.
"Ah how could you say no to that?" Nick said trying to convince him.
AJ sighs
"Ok for you." He said touching the tip of her nose with his finger.
She smiled as he followed Nick up on stage.

The guys sang All In My Head as their closing song. They all signed autographs and talked to the fans as the bouncers cleared the crowd out.

The girls waited for Nick and AJ to return for them. The 4 of them left thru the back door and got into the shuttle. Julie and AJ slid onto the first bench. Kate and Nick climbed into the seat behind them.
Kate snuggled up to Nick. He placed an arm around her holding her close. It wasn't far to the hotel but Kate had already starting to twitch as she fell asleep.
Julie was surprised when they pulled up to the Crowne Plaza.
"You remembered?" She asked AJ.
He smiled mischievously.
"What?" She asked suspiciously.
He pulled a key card out of his pocket.
"You got a room?"
"Two actually. Nick's staying as well." He replied.
Julie turned to see if Kate had heard what AJ said. Kate was out like a light, Nick was resting his cheek on the top of her head his eyes closed, a peaceful look on his face.
Julie turned back to AJ and sighed,
"They are so cute."
He looked over Julie's shoulder at his friend. He smiled at them and looked back into Julie's blue eyes. He couldn't resist kissing her softly as the driver pulled into the drop off for the hotel.
He and Julie climbed out. Nick looked up as the shuttle door opened.
"Hey baby we're here." he said quietly to Kate. Kate sat up yawning. Nick helped her out of the shuttle. The couples held hands as the rode the elevator to the 26th floor. Julie headed down to her the room she shared with Kate. She paused at the door and looked over at AJ.
"What?" He asked.
"Were you serious about what we talked about earlier?" she asked, worry in her voice.
"Yes, but you don't have to if you don't want to." He said honestly.
Julie smiled and put her key in the door.

 

Chapter 3 - Crowne Plaza by Dark-Hunter

Crowne Plaza

 

Nick had let AJ and Julie lead the way. They turned right at the end of the hall. Nick knew his room was the opposite way from the elevator by the room numbers. He needed to turn left.

"Kate?"
She looked up at him, sleepily.
"Do you need anything out of your room before we go to sleep?
"PJs and a toothbrush." She was having trouble keeping her eyes open, "Can I use your shower ?
"I don't know.." He teased. "It might be occupied."

She smacked him playfully and walked down to her room. AJ was waiting in the hallway, leaning on the opposite wall. Kate let herself in the room, smiling at AJ before going in. Julie was frantically going thru their stuff.

"Jewels, what are you doing?" Kate asked calmly.
"Why didn't I pack a sexy nighty?" she whispered.
"Why do you need that?" Kate whispered back.
Julie bit her lip, "AJ asked me to stay with him tonight."
"So...?" Kate said trying to figure out why that meant she needs a sexy nighty.
"So, what's he going to think when I show up in my mickey mouse jammies?"
Kate laughed, "If you're planning on 'sleeping with him' he's going to have you stripped down to nothing before he'll even notice what you were wearing."
Nervous tears fill Julie's eyes. Kate hugged her friend.
"Hon, if you're not ready just tell him. You can always stay here if you're not comfortable with him but I don't think he'll mind. Remember if he doesn't like you for you, then it isn't going to work out. Better to know now than later."
"Thanks Katy."
"Hey, that's what best friends are for. Now if you'll excuse me there is a hot man waiting for me."

Kate gathered her things, heading back down the hall to where Nick was waiting for her.

Since AJ waited in the hall, Julie stuck her head out and said,
"Do you just want me to meet you back at your room after I have a shower?"
He smiled, "You can take a shower in my room. I promise not to look." He whispered the word "much" under his breath.
"Ok, give me just a second," Julie said shutting the door and quickly ran to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and pulled togther a few things she would need to get her through the night.

Aj knocked on the door. "Is everything ok?" he asked, when it seemed he had been standing there a while. Julie opened the door and took a step out. She had a few things in her arms, including her Mickey Mouse pajamas. AJ reached over and touched the hem of her pj pants.

"Mickey Mouse? Really?" Julie felt herself blush.
"Yeah. I love Disney." Trying to make a joke, more for herself than AJ, Julie whispered very quietly, "He's the only male I have slept with." As soon as she said it, she wished she hadn't. What was up with her? This was not the first time this trip she had said something she didnt mean to. She couldn't make eye contact as she tried to change the subject. "So what room are you in?"
"It's down here a little further." He took her hand leading her a few more doors down and across the hall.

Nick opened the door holding it for Kate. She walked into the room. It looked just like hers except that it had one King sized bed instead of 2 doubles.
She went to the bathroom to clean up. After a shower and brushing her teeth she returned to the bedroom where Nick was laying on the bed. He had the covers turned down and was proped up on a few pillows, reading a book.

"Whatcha reading?" She asked.
He looked up from his book to see her dressed in exercise pants that came to mid calf on her hugging the curves of her hips and thighs. Her plain purple tank top stretched over her bosom. Her shoulder length hair was combed back and still dripping.

"Keith Richards biography." He replied.
She nodded walking over to the bed. He put the book on the nightstand and went to brush his teeth before bed.
"So I was thinking that tomorrow..." He said coming out of the bathroom.

He stopped when he saw Kate on the bed. She was curled up on her left side sound asleep. He smiled to himself and walked back around the bed. He turned off the light and crawled into bed spooning up behind her. Kate readjusted in her sleep to fit better up against him.

"Goodnight Katy." He whispered in her ear.

Julie was nervous as she followed AJ into his room. AJ went and sat in the middle of the king sized bed. He laid back, stretching his arms above his head before he tucked them under his head. Julie stood awkwardly by the bathroom, unsure what she should do. AJ thought she was a bad girl, he called her that himself when she had been so bold as to lick his ear at the diner. She needed a shower, but was afraid he may walk in on her. AJ looked over at her when he realized she was just standing there. He could sense her nervousness. He stood up, walking over to her. Julie held her breath as he ran his hands up and down her arms.

"Baby, what's wrong? You look like you're afraid I'll eat you."
Julie swallowed hard. She didn't know how to tell him. She felt like a silly school girl.
"Jewels?"
She looked up at him.
"It's nothing. I just..." she paused not wanting to continue, worried how he would handle this. Would he think there was something wrong with her, that at her age she still hadn't had sex?

He pulled her over to the bed and sat her down before sitting next to her, facing her.
"It's obviously not nothing. I know you haven't known me very long but you can trust me."
Julie looked mortified as she whispered the words she didn't want to say.
"I'm a virgin."

AJ was taken aback. That was the last thing he was expecting. He was worried she had learned something about his past that had scared her. Not that he would blame her. He didn't have a bad boy reputation for nothing. Julie misinterpreted his silence. She sat looking down at her hands in her lap, almost ready to bolt back to her room. He took one of those hands and brought it to his lips. His facial hair tickling her delicate skin.

"Jewels, I didn't ask you to stay with me tonight just so I could have sex with you."
She looked up into his dark eyes. He stared deep into hers.
"Not that I'd object to it, of course." He smiled, teasing her, "But I asked you here because you make me feel comfortable. Like whoever I am it's ok to just be myself with you. And I know that we'll be moving on with the tour and you have a life to go back to but I want to spend every minute I can with you. And I hoped that I can still call you after we leave tomorrow."
Julie was still hesitant, "So you don't mind if we don't-" she twirled her fingers over the bed.
He laughed.

"If someday you're ready and I'm lucky enough to be the guy I would be honored. But I will never pressure you."
Julie smiled at him.
"Now go get your shower so I can enjoy holding you for as long as possible."

Julie took an extra long time in the shower. She shaved her legs and brushed her teeth again. While the water had rushed over her body, she made the decision that this was the right time. He didn't want to pressure her, which made her want to do it all the more. She left her clothes in the bathroom and walked out in nothing but a small towel that barely covered her.

Much to her disappointment, Aj was fast asleep. He had the covers up over his hips, but his chest was bare. She decided to be bold and only put on her underwear. She climbed into the bed and reached over to shut off the light.

In the morning Kate woke up suddenly, she didn't know why.
"What time is it?" She thought. She instinctively reached for her phone on the night stand between her bed and Julie's only there was no nightstand. She looked around to get her bearings. Nick was lying next to her sound asleep on his back.

His deep rhythmic breathing was so soothing. He looked so vulnerable like this. She didn't care anymore about the time. She rolled over curling up to his chest. His warm masculine scent smelled so good to her. Nick wrapped his arms around her holding her in his sleep. She matched her breathing to his and was soon back asleep.

At 11 Nick's cell alarm went off. He reached over to grab it, waking Kate in the process.
"Sorry honey, go back to sleep." He said in gruff morning voice.
"Are you leaving?" She asked worried.
"Not for a couple of hours. I'm just have to get in the shower. You sleep a little more."
He kissed her forehead before rolling out of bed.
"Can I use the bathroom before you get in the shower?"
He smiled. She crawled out of bed and went to the restroom. She brushed her teeth while she was in there.

After returning to lay on the bed she listened while he brushed his teeth, shaved and turned on the shower. She waited till she figured he was in the shower to check the bathroom door. Unlocked. She quickly undressed and slipped thru the door. She pulled the curtain back slightly
" I heard this was a 2 occupancy shower." She said startling Nick.

A broad grin spread across his face. Kate stepped into the warm shower to join him. He pulled her to him kissing her passionately. Her hands ran across his broad shoulders and into his hair. His erection bulged against her as his hands slid down over her round butt. His feet slid a little on the slick tub and he knew this wasn't going to work. He wanted her so badly but he didn't want to hurt either of them in the process.

He yanked the shower curtain back and picked Kate up by the waist. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her back to the bed. He knelt on the edge of the bed and laid her gently down. His lips roamed from hers to her delicate neck. Her hands ran down his back as he moved slowly down her to tease her nipples with his tongue. Kate's back arched begging for more. He kept moving down swirling his tongue around her belly button ring that made her gasp in pleasure. As he moved lower she moaned as he took in her most sensitive area. As his tongue stroke her she came, crying out. He crawled back up her placing himself between her soft thighs. He thrust into her. She was soft and deep. As their eyes met he saw the unbridled passion in her eyes. She met him stroke for stroke helping drive him deeper.

And just when he thought he couldn't contain himself anymore her orgasm took over tightening around him. He felt his body explode inside her. She held him tight until he collapsed on top of her. Then she began to run her fingers thru his hair as his head rested on her chest.

As their breathing slowed he realized he was still inside her. He didn't know what to think. His fiancée had always been one to jump up and run to the shower to wash off as soon they finished making love. But Kate seemed quite content to lay here and hold him. Why was that so comforting to him? It seemed like such a girly thing to want to cuddle but he did, he liked to cuddle afterward.

He looked up at Kate. She was so content. He moved a little higher on the bed accidentally removing himself from her in the process. He lay beside her propped up on his elbow and kissed her. She rested a hand on his smooth cheek.

"Well that was unexpected." he said.
"I didn't want you to leave without knowing how I feel about you."
He looked into her green eyes.
"Come with me."
She was surprised, that was the last reaction she expected.
"I can't ditch Julie. I'm on vacation to visit her."
"If AJ wants Julie to come, will you come with me?"
"Where?" Kate asks.
"Our next stop is Tulsa then we get a couple of days off. Please at least come that far." he begged.
"If Julie wants to come, I will."
He smiled.
"Guess I better finish my shower."

Julie awoke to a big surprise. At some point in the night, AJ must have awaken to find her in the bed. His warm bare chest was up against her bare back. He has one arm resting across her, his hand gently holding the breast that lay against the mattress. His morning wood pressed against her lower back.

She had been resolved the night before to go ahead and lose her virginity, but now, in the morning, with his erection firm against her skin, she realized she was not as ready as she thought. She quickly got out of the bed and dressed in her Mickey Mouse jammies. Julie gathered her stuff and headed for her room. She figured she would send him a text after she was dressed and had make up on.

When Nick got out of the shower there was a note on the bed.
"Went to my room to get dressed. Come get me for breakfast. Or would it be lunch? "
Nick smiled at the note and hurried to dress.

Kate had gotten into the room and had been surprised to see Julie there. She was fully dressed in a pair of tight fitting light colored jeans, her black flips flops, and a white halter top that had a beaded diamond in the middle. Her makeup was done and she had curlers in her hair.

Kate knew Nick could show up at any time, so she wanted to get ready fast. They both agreed they would talk about what happened when they got in the car.
Julie pulled her curlers out as Kate put Nick's CD in the player and started the music.

When Nick reached Kate's door she had flipped the lock to prop the door open. He knocked anyway.
"Come in." she called.
His CD was playing in the CD player. She was singing along to Burning Up as she did her make up. Julie was sitting in the bed, looking at her phone, reading her emails.

He leaned against the bathroom doorframe. Julie looked up at him.
"Hey Nick," she called out to him. He looked at her a little confused. "Shouldn't she be with AJ?" he thought to himself. His heart dropped at the thought that things were not working out for AJ and Julie. They needed things to work out, for more reasons than just his own. He just nodded at her before turning to Kate. Kate smiled at him and reached over for a kiss.

"So what should we eat?" She asked him.
"I know the hotel has a restaurant. I'm thinkin that's probably easiest since I have a bus to catch in about an hour."
He didn't miss the look of sadness that crossed her face.
"Hey, Jewels," Kate said, sticking her head out the bathroom door. "You up for some food?"
"Absolutly. Let me send AJ a text and let him know." Nick felt his heart lighten a little. There was still hope.

The three of them sat at the restaurant waiting for a reply from AJ. The waitress had already gotten their drinks brought over and they all agreed they couldn't wait any longer to order. Nick started getting worried. AJ didn't normally sleep this late. He decided he needed to go check on AJ. He let Kate know what he wanted to eat and took off to head upstairs.

Nick knocked on AJ's door. He couldn't hear what AJ was saying but by his tone of voice he was defiantly arguing with someone. A moment later, AJ opened the door and let out a deep sigh
"That bad?" Nick asked, knowing by the look on his face, who AJ had been talking to.
"Yeah. But I don't want to talk about it right now. I just hope Julie isn't too pissed off I haven't gotten back to her." Nick nodded.
"Not pissed. Just worried. That's why I am here. To escort you to lunch." Both guys just laughed as the door closed behind them.

Julie smiled when the two guys walked up. AJ looked like he had something going on, but his face changed when he looked at Julie. She changed everything for him. He pulled up the chair next to her. He leaned over and kissed her so gently, almost timidly.

Before they could talk, the waitress was back to get his order. They didn't get to talk, they were too busy eating.

Before long, the food was cleared and it was time to go. As they all piled in the elevator, Nick brought up the subject of the next show.

"SO, Kate, what is the chance of you two coming to Tulsa for tonight's show?" Kate looked at him confused. Hadn't they already had this discussion? But before Kate could say anything, AJ piped in.
"That is a great idea!" He looked over at Julie? "Can I have one more night?"
Julie and Kate both laughed before busting into Jordan's new song, One More Night. Both guys started laughing too. Julie stopped singing.
"I would love to, but we don't have tickets or a hotel reservation, and I gotta get home to my pets." Kate touched Julie's arm.
"I am sure Jennifer could add one more day to taking care of your cats," she said.
Nick then said, "The tickets are not a problem. We get comp tickets for each show, and you would kinda be going the VIP route."
Kate smiled big at that thought.

"And the hotel is not a problem." AJ said. "We have a day off so they already got hotels line up for each of us guys." The elevator door opened and they all stepped out. As they stood in the hallway in front of the elevator doors, Julie pointed something out.

"But we don't have anymore clean clothes, this is my last clean outfit, It's for driving home in." She really did want to go, but she had to be realistic.
AJ smiled.
"That 50's dress?" he said. "And that smokin' red petticoat?"
Nick's face lit up. "And Kate's black dress?"
"They are smelly. We already wore them to the Minneapolis show and the after party. They need to be cleaned before we wear them again," Kate pointed out.
"Not a problem," Nick said. We have a team that does all the clothing. Although we have multiples of each outfit, they have to be cleaned each night. Can you imagine the smell?" he teased, fanning under his nose.
"But all the buses and semi's already left... right?" Julie pointed out.
"Oh, Yeah." Aj remembereed. "But we could get them cleaned during the show for you to wear to the after party."
"Another after party?" Kate asked.
Nick nodded.
"We have one in almost every city. It gets exhausting. But with you there..." Nick teased.

As they slowly walked down the hallway towards Julie and Kate's room, they made their plans. Julie and Kate would follow the bus in their car and they would be able to park in the secure area with the buses.
With a quick kiss from their guys, they separated to go to their room and pack their things up.

Julie was almost frantic trying to get packed up quickly.
"What's the rush, Jewels?" Kate asked, trying hard not to laugh.
"We need to get this stuff out to the car and get th back seat cleaned out. They don't need to think we are slobs. It's bad enough I wouldn't let AJ into the room. If he sees my car, he may never want to see me again!" Now Kate couldn't hold back in her laughter.

"They already walked us to the car, remember. It was messy then, too."
"Yeah. But it was also dark, so they couldn't see anything!" Julie had her bag packed much faster than Kate, due to her rush to clean the car.

"I will meet you in the parking garage," Julie said as she headed out the door. As the door almost closed, Julie pushed it back open. "Don't forget Nick!" She called to Kate.

"What?" She thought to herself. "Nick is meeting us back at the Sprint Center."

Julie got to the car and worked quickly to get the car cleaned. She had everything into the trunk and all the trash out before Kate was there. Kate smiled at her friend. Sometimes she could be a little crazy. If AJ didn't like her messy car then he didn't deserve, that was Kate's mentality at least

They got Kate's suitcase into the trunk and was about to pull out what Julie asked Kate where her Nick CD was.
"Crap! I left it in the cd player!" Kate cried. Julie laughed as she pulled back into her spot.
"I told you not to forget it!" Julie teased.
"I thought you meant Nick, the real thing." Kate said as she got out of the car. Kate took off in a sprint to get to the elevator and back to the room for the cd.

Julie sat in her car, waiting for Kate, singing to Jordan's CD that she had seen in Kate's purse, when her cell phone went off.
"Hey, baby. Are you ready? We are at the buses, just waiting for you." AJ had texted to her.
"Almost leaving. Kate forgot Nick."
"Nick is with me," AJ replied. Julie was laughing so hard.
"I know. I meant my Nick cd."
"Ok. Very Funny."
As she texted back and forth with AJ, Kate returned, out of breath, but the Nick cd in hand.

Within minutes, they were circling the block around the Sprint Center, waiting for the buses to leave. When they finally started moving, Julie moved in behind them. Kate sent Nick a text letting him know to let AJ know that Julie was driving, and to watch out, her driving could be a little erratic.

Once they were on the freeway, Kate turned to Julie.
"Okay. You don't look any different, and you are not walking funny, so... what happened?" Julie blushed a deep red before telling her friend what happened.

"I am really glad we get to spend a little more time with them. I really wanted to do it last night, but, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was too scared this morning."
Kate laughed with her friend. Julie may be a virgin, but Kate had shared enough of her own experiences with Julie, that she knew Julie was prepared. And no one would ever guess Julie had never had sex, not with the way she flirted. She could be wild and crazy at times, and had been called a tease more than once. But Kate loved her none the less, and had no problem telling Julie all her juicy details.

"So, you wanna hear what happened to me?" Kate asked.
"I hope at least one of us got some last night." Julie commented.
"Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't get lucky last night."
Julie actually sighed. She was hoping to live procariously through her friend. Kate laughed, knowing must be what Julie was thinking.
"It happened this morning." They both laughed. Kate told Julie, without all the details, about surprising Nick in the shower.

The next four hours went by without much happening. Kate and Nick texted each other during the drive. Julie wished she could hear AJ's voice. As if he had read her thoughts from the bus, her phone rang. Julie always kept her cell between her legs when she drove, so it was no problem to look down and see it was AJ. She grabbed her earbud from the center consol and answered the call.

"Hey, baby. I just needed to hear your voice." Julie could feel herself blushing.
"I was just thinking the same thing." She glanced over at Kate, who was still sending another text.
"I am assuming Nick has been texting Kate this whole time?" Julie asked him. Kate had been doing something on her phone since they had left.
Kate smacked Julie's arm gently, overhearing her comment to AJ.
"I have been playing a game most of the time." Kate stated.AJ started chuckling.
"Tell her she is a liar. Nick has been sitting here with lovey eyes since we left." Now Julie laughed. She wasn't gonna tell Kate, it would have embarrassed her.
"We are almost in Tulsa, just in case you didn't know," Julie informed AJ.
"Not a clue. I normally just sleep while the bus gets me to the next place. Half the time I don't even know where we are going until we're there."
"Must be nice," Julie said, wished it was that easy for them. Kate and Julie would be recovering for days from their lack of sleep.
"SO what happens next?" Julie asked, worried about how security might turn them away when they got to the venue.
"The bus driver already knows to inform them that you are with us. They will most likely put a sticker on the windshield to mark your car as part of the tour."
"Okay. Cool."
Just then, they exited off the interstate.
"I better let you go, and pay attention to driving in a town I don't know."
"Okay, baby. See you very soon."

Chapter 4 - Tulsa by Dark-Hunter

 

Tulsa

Julie held her breath as the security for the BOK Center asked for her ID. She pulled her drivers license out of her purse and handed it to the guy. He took all the info off the id, writing on a clipboard he held in his hands. He stuck a temp sticker in the upper left corner and signaled for her to move forward. Her heart pounded as she was directed to an area to park. She shut off the engine and the girls sat there for a moment, unsure what to do now.

Nick came bounding off the bus, headed straight for the car. Kate was out and had the door shut before Julie had even taken her seatbelt off. Nick took Kate into his warm embrace and kissed her with a passion and fire that was meant for behind closed doors. Julie blushed as she climbed out of the car. She stood there, leaning against the inside of the car door, as AJ slowly walked off the bus. He looked around, as if looking for someone. His eyes moved over to Julie and his entire body language changed.

He walked with the fluidity of a predator, straight for Julie, his eyes locked on hers. Julie thought he would stop in front of the car door, but her came around, pulled her to him so that her breasts slammed into his hard chest. He kissed her like he had at Epic. It made her melt. She hoped he had this kind of passion later in the night, when they would get to be alone again.

Nick glanced over at his friend and smiled. Things seemed to be going well. Even after they way AJ's day had started, he was still on a path would would make a difference in everyone's lives. He could only hope things kept going this well. Kate put her hand on Nick's cheek bringing his attention back to her. He leaned down to kiss her sweetly on the tip of her nose. He offered her his hand and led her towards the doors to the BOK Center.

AJ saw out of the corner of his eye that Nick was headed inside. He closed Julie's car door and offered his arm. Julie slipped hers into the crook as they started to follow Nick.

"Julie," AJ said, as they were almost inside. "There is something I need to talk to you about." He seemed almost weary about what was on his mind. Julie's heart started pounding. She looked up at him to see the turmoil in his eyes.
But before he could say anything, Brian came running down the hall. It seemed like he would keep going. But just inches before he would have collided with them he stopped. A big smile filled his face.

"Yea! Betty Crocker is here!" He called out. Julie couldn't stop laughing.
"Brian this is Julie. Julie, Brian." AJ officially introduced them.
"So how was the drive?" Brian asks.
"Not bad." Julie replies.
Brian turns to AJ.
"Our room is down here." Brian said leading them down the hall.

Kate and Nick were already in the room when they arrived.
"So if we leave, can we get back in?" Kate was asking.
"I think so." Howie replied.
"Why do you want to leave?" Nick asked.
"Well I'm sure you guys to need to get ready. And as much fun as I'm sure it is to watch you do vocal warm ups I thought maybe Julie and I could do a little shopping."

She looked over at Julie. Julie was surprised that Kate would want to leave Nick.
"Besides the show doesn't start for a couple hours and we'll be back long before that."

The guys helped them get their backstage lanyards and found out that they just needed to come back to the same entrance to get back in. They found a local woman who gave them instructions on how to get to the nearest mall.
They were on their way to the mall before Julie asked.
"Ok are you going to tell me what this is about?"
"Well I thought you might want something to wear tonight."
"Oh crap! We forgot to leave the dresses to be cleaned." Julie exclaimed.
"Yeah well we can get something new but I was really thinking you'd like something for after the party."
"Why wouldn't we just wear our dresses to the after party?" Julie asked not understanding.
Kate laughed, "No I mean AFTER the party."
It finally sinks into Julie.
"Oh you mean lingerie."
"Yes!"

Their first stop was at Victoria's Secret. After much debate Julie gave into Kate and bought a slip nighty. It was royal blue satin with cream colored lace. She also bought matching panties and robe.

Kate bought a cute yellow cotton nighty with white polka dots and white lace trim.
"Are you sure I shouldn't get the teddy?" Julie asked as they stood in line.
"Yes I'm sure." Kate said, "You want to look classy and sexy not slutty."

There next stop was to find outfits for the night. Kate found a purple sequined strapless dress that came to mid thigh. Matching purple heels with a wide strap around the ankle and across the toes and amethyst jewelry completed her outfit.
Julie found a cute black dress with white polka dots. It had a halter neckline and her red petticoat could peek out underneath it. She was going to borrowed Kate's red jewelry and wear the 3 inch red patton heels she had brought "just in case".

They headed back to the BOK center. The concert was getting ready to start. The girls took their dresses in to the BSB dressing room.
Kate knocked on the door. Nick opened it.
"I was starting to wonder if you were coming back." He said.
"Sorry but wait till you see how good we're going to look. I promise it will be worth it."
He pulled her into his arms and kissed her then whispered in her ear
"I just missed you."
Those words shot through her.
"He missed me," She thought, "Me, who thought I was worthless because Mike didn't want me, is desired by Nick Carter. Can this really be happening?"
Aloud she said, "May we use your bathroom to get ready?"
"Of course. But don't take too long. Matt's going on now so we start in about an hour.
Kate smiled at him as her and Julie head to the bathroom. The girls hurry to get ready. Kate was done first. She never understood why it took Julie so long to get ready. When she walked out into the dressing room all 4 guys wolf whistled and cat called at her.

Kate blushed, "Well you guys sure know how to make a girl feel good."
Nick walked over to her.
"I can't wait to see how this looks under the stage light." He said admiring her dress.
"Yeah I was going to talk to you about that." Kate said.

AJ slipped off to the bathroom unnoticed. He leaned against the door frame watching Julie. She looked up from her make up, seeing the reflection of her standing behind her.
"What?" She said the the mirror.
"Click, click, click." He replied with a smirk.
"What?" Julie said confused.
"I understand the New Kids song a little better now.
Julie smiled and finished her make up.
She turned around to face him.
"Well how do I look?"
"Ravishing." He replied.
"Ya know if this was renaissance times I'd be worried."
He looks baffled, she laughs.
"Do you know what it means to ravish a woman?"
He shakes his head.
"It means to rape her."
"Well you look good enough to ravish." He said coyly.
She laughs and walks back out to the dressing room. Catching Kate mid sentence.
"And I don't want to take that away from them."
"Don't want to take what away?" Julie asked.
"Betty, you sure do clean up good!" Brian said.
"Yeah Alex you may have to share her for a dance or two." Howie says.
"Well I don't have to worry too much about that." AJ says as he looks at Julie's foot. "Hey wait! Where's your bandage, were you just faking it to get sympathy last night?" He teases.

She walked around the couch slipping off her shoe. She put her bruised foot on the table. The guys lean into exam it.
"Well she defiantly did something to it." Brian said.
"Joe fixed it last night. I don't know what he did but it feels a lot better. Still not 100% but tons better.” Just then,  someone knocked on the door.
"10 mins guys" came the voice thru the door.
Nick leaned over kissing Kate's bare shoulder.
"You better go find your seats." He said reluctantly.
"How do we find you after the concert?" Kate asked.
It was AJ who replied, "Wait till the floor is empty and come in the stairs by head. We'll meet you underneath.

As the girls walked to the seats Kate explained that she asked Nick not to pick them for I'll never break your heart.
"Why?!" Julie exclaims.
"Because we got to go up last night and it was so special that I don't want to take that away from another fan."
The look on Julie's face said she wasn't buying a word of it.
"Besides," Kate continued, "If the media keeps seeing us all together they are going to start putting 2 and 2 together. And I don't know about you but the longer I can stay out of the tabloids the better."
"Ok yeah I can see your point."

The concert was amazing, as usual. The guys smiles got even broader each time they pasted Kate and Julie. Before they knew it the concert was over and they were headed backstage.

=

Chapter 5 - Club 209 by Dark-Hunter

 

Club 209

Nick and AJ met them under the stage, they took the girls' hands and they headed towards their room.
Julie waved her hand under her nose, teasingly, "I hope you two plan on showering first, cuz you stink."

AJ Laughed, but Nick commented back,
"I don't stink, I smell like roses."
Kate pulled Nick down to her level to whisper in his ear.
"Don't worry, I'll work you up to a sweat later." She said seductively.
He pulled back to look at her face, shocked by her boldness. She smiled devilishly.
They laughed as they continued down the hall, conversing about the show.

Julie and AJ got to the guys room first. Still holding hands, AJ opened the door with his empty hand. They were laughing to each other about something Brian had done during the show. He brought Julie’s knuckles to his lips as they walked in the room. AJ looked up and froze. In front of them was the last person he thought he would see.

Tall and dark skinned, her long black hair reached just past her mid back. Her hands were on her slim hips. She tapped one foot, her black stiletto shoes making a loud click each time it hit the tiled floor. Her dark eyes were filled with rage.

Nick and Kate were right behind them, stopping when they almost ran into AJ. Nick looked around AJ’s shoulder to see why they hadn’t gone all the way into the room.

“Oh shit,” was all Nick said. He looked over to Kate. “We should go this way.” He tried tugging gently on Kate’s hand, to try and get her to go back the way they had just come.
“What is going on?” Kate asked.
“Rochelle is here.” He got Kate to move slightly, just out of ear shot.
"Who?" Kate asked confused.
“That is AJ’s fiancée.” Nick confessed
Kate felt her cheeks turn red, but not from a blush, from rage.
“His fiancée? You knew he had a girlfriend and you let him spend the night with Julie. Why didn't you tell me?"

Back in the room, Rochelle took a step towards AJ. He dropped Julie’s hand when he turned to look at her.

“I am so sorry,” He whispered to Julie. He turned back to face Rochelle. “I thought you weren’t flying out to meet up with us until St. Louis?”

“You stop answering my calls, so I thought I better come and make sure you didn’t screw up again. I don’t need the press to find out you went on a coke binge, right before we're supposed to get married,” Rochelle chastised him.
Even though they were no longer touching, Julie could feel AJ shrinking back, almost as if he was turning into a shell of a man. She could see his pain, his whole demeanor changed like he was becoming a different person.
But Julie didn't care. The fact that he lied to her, was all she could think.

“You’re getting married?” Julie yelled at him. AJ turned to face her. “And to think, I almost gave my virginity to you!” She slapped him as hard as she could, putting all her force into it.

Julie pivoted on her good foot and headed out the hall. AJ couldn’t even follow after her. Rochelle had stepped forward grabbing him by the arm.

“You have a lot of explaining to do, Alex.” Julie heard Rochelle say as she stormed down the hall. She bumped into Nick and Kate. Julie stopped long enough to grab Kate’s hand.

“We are leaving. NOW.” Was all Julie said, tears finally starting to fall from her eyes.

Kate was so disappointed that Nick would be a part of this. He had encouraged them, saying how much he hoped Julie and AJ would hit it off. Why? So he could hook up with Kate for a few days. And to think, she thought she was starting to fall in love with him.

"Kate, wait!" He called after her, his heart twisting in his chest as he watched her walk away.

Down the hall, Donnie had heard the commotion and stepped out to investigate. His hair was still damp from his shower. When he saw Julie crying he moved into her path, so she couldn’t get around him.

“Move.” Julie said, just wanting to get to her car and as far away from there as she could."

“No.” He said calmly, "Tell me what happened.”

“Donnie. Get the fuck out of my way,” Julie was so angry that her tears began to flow faster. Without asking permission Donnie pulled her into his arms as her sobs racked her. He let her sob for a minute before he backed up pulling her into his dressing room with him.

Jordan had come out into the hallway to figure out what was going on. When he saw Kate was tears silently sliding down her cheeks, he reached for her.

Nick, who was still standing in the hallway watching Kate, saw red as Jordan reached for her.

“Get your hands off her,” Nick said, stepping towards them.
Kate stepped into Jordan’s arms, allowing him to guide her into the dressing room. She slammed the door closed, letting Nick know, that was for him.

Nick sank to the floor his back against the wall.
"Not again," He thought, "I can't lose her."

Julie wiped the tears from her eyes, hoping her mascara hadn’t run and given her raccoon eyes on top of the fact they were all red. Donnie had led her to a couch and sat her down, his arm still around her.

“I take it you met Rochelle?” He asked. Julie pushed away from him.

“You knew about her, too?” Julie cried.

“I knew you were a New Kids fan, but I assumed you at least knew some stuff about the Backstreet Boys.”

“No. I knew some of their songs and their names. That was about it. Oh, and I knew Brian had a heart problem. I told AJ that I didn’t know anything about BSB. We talked about a lot of stuff the past few days, but he never mentioned he was engaged.”

“What an asshole!" Kate chimed in. “I can't believe Nick didn't say something.” She still stood close to the door. Jordan had an arm wrapped around Kate's waist.

Julie tried to get up from the couch. Donnie put one hand on her thigh, keeping her in place.

“Where do you think you are going?’ He asked.

“Home. Kate and I are leaving. I don’t want to be here anymore.”

Donnie looked at her seriously.
"I don't thing driving right now would be a good idea."

Julie sniffled as she considered his words. He was probably right. She could hardly see thru her tears and her foot was starting to hurt again. She relaxed against the couch, defeated.
"You're probably right. We should just get a hotel and sleep. Besides my foot is hurting again."

"Hey, Joe. Come work your magic again." Donnie called.

Joe came over taking Donnie's place on the couch next to Julie. Her whole body melted into the couch as he massaged her foot. Donnie moved to stand behind the couch, looking over at Kate, who was still in the same spot. He pointed to her.

"And you are under strict instruction not to let her leave tonight." He said.
Kate nodded. She was beginning to feel numb. Nick hadn't really done anything wrong., it was AJ who was the cheater. But why would he encourage AJ and Julie? It just didn't make sense.

Jordan took Kate's hand and led her to a chair. He sat her down and walked around to stand behind her. Kate moaned as his warm hands dug into the knots in her shoulders.

"I think these girls could use some drinks to help them relax." Jordan said.

"Good idea." DDub agreed, "Let's take them with us tonight."

"Where are you going?" Julie asked suspiciously.

"We have an after party to attend."

"No! I don't want to run into AJ." Julie said adamantly.

“Well first of all it sounds like he has his hands full right now. And I love those guys like my brothers, but sometimes even brothers can be little shits. Secondly, you'd be hanging with us." He looked over at Jordan, who nodded in agreement. “Normally, I wouldn’t be vindictive like this, but, come on. He snagged you in Minneapolis, when I had clearly had dibs on you.”

Julie threw her hands in the air.

“Called dibs? What the hell is wrong with you guys! Do you think that every girl at your concerts want to screw you?” Donnie tried so hard not to laugh. That was not at all what he had meant. He rested his hands on her shoulders.

“Easy there tiger. All I meant by that was, I wanted to hang out with you, chat with you, reminisce about that kiss in Chicago.”

Julie shook her in exasperation, “You didn’t even remember it was me until after the party was over and we all left. Otherwise you would have had a little more grind when we were dancing.”

Donnie tipped her head back looking at her upside down. “I promised I wouldn't hurt you, remember?"
That was true. Julie had to admit she did remember that.

“We did buy these dresses, Jewels and I really don’t feel like driving. You can’t drive, you are such a mess. Let’s go to the party." She said secretly hoping to have another glance at Nick. "Afterwards, we can get a hotel nearby and get a good night's sleep before we drive home. Besides I could really use that drink."
Julie nodded. She was not in any shape to drive.

"Ok." She said. Julie decided that if Kate could do it, and run the risk of running into Nick, then she could do it. Like Donnie said, AJ was busy dealing with his own problems. At least she would get to hang out with Donnie.

"So, should we head over there?" Jordan asked, his hands still resting on Kate's shoulders.
Donnie walked around the couch and stuck his head out the door. The hallway was empty.
"It's all clear." He said walking back to help Julie up. "You coming, Joe?"
"Nah. I'm beat."
"Thank you." She said, leaning forward and kissing Joe's cheek.

The girls checked their make up before following Jordan and Donnie out through the doors they had come in earlier in the day. They walked right past Julie’s car, to a white, unmarked shuttle. The boys motioned for the girls to go first. Donnie took a seat right next to Julie and Jordan sat next to Kate.

As they headed to Club 209, Jordan reminded them that Howie would already be there. Both girls pointed out that they had no issues with Howie. When they arrived, the guys offered their hands and took them through the same doors they were going through. Johnny, Donnie’s promoter, stood off to the side. He had a look of shock when he saw the girls. He didn’t say anything as he handed them All Access lanyards. Donnie took the lead, headed straight for the DJ booth. Howie was spinning tunes when they walked up. He did a double take when he saw Donnie’s arm around Julie’s waist and Kate on Jordan's arm.

Kate didn't miss the look on Howie's face. It tore at her heart a little more as she remembered seeing Nick onstage with Howie.

As the girls walked past Howie pulled out his phone and text Nick.
"WTF! Why are your girls here with NK?"
Nick's text came back.
"Can this night get anymore fucked up?"
"What is going on?"
"Rochelle's here."
Howie almost dropped his phone.
"I'm my way." Nick text.

Once they got on the stage Donnie left Julie with Kate and Jordan. He walked to the edge of the stage. He was building a plan.
"How's everyone doing tonight?" Screams erupted from the fans. Without skipping a beat he asked everyone to exit the VIP dance floor. It was a roped off area in front of the stage that only those with the right colored wristbands got to party in. The girls complained, but did as Donnie asked. While they vacated the area, Donnie went to Howie and explained what he was planning on doing.

Donnie walked to the end of the stage scanning the crowd until he found what he was looking for in the very back of the room . Standing there all alone stirring her drink with her straw was a very plain looking girl. He called out to her, pointing to her so the security knew who he was looking at. The security guy helped the girl move through the crowd and into the VIP area. While she stood there alone, Howie announced he was going to sing his new single “100”.

When Howie started singing, Donnie stepped off the stage walking up to the girl, seducing her with his dance moves. He offered her his hand. This girl was defiantly not use to this kind attention. She blushed as she reluctantly offered her hand in return. Donnie took it and pulled her close. He whispered something in her ear before he began spinning her around the floor. The look of joy on her face as he danced with her, warmed Julie's heart. Here was a man that no matter how famous he became never forgot who got him here.

Donnie danced with several girls before he saw what he was waiting for. AJ and Nick stood on the balcony surveying the room. He climbed back on the stage. He hollered out if anyone wanted to hear Jordan sing his new single, Let’s Go Higher. Jordan was more than happy for a reason to sing to Kate. He walked Kate to center stage as the music started. Donnie grabbed Julie and walked her to the center of the stage, leaving her standing by Kate. He jumped off the stage in a very Patrick Swayze like move causing the girls in the audience to scream again. He turned to offer his hands up to Julie. She stepped towards him his hands enclosing around her waist and lifted her, spinning her just before her feet hit the floor.

“Are you ready?” He asked, not giving her a chance to answer. He spun her around with a grace and fluidity she knew she did not have. He flipped her over, her skirts flying around her, the red petticoat making an appearance. Donnie moved so well that no one would have known she was so dizzy and had no clue which foot was where at what point.

Dark eyes stared from above, jealousy filling him. He couldn’t watch. This had to stop. She had to listen. AJ looked over at Nick, who in turn was watching Kate with Jordan. Without saying a word, AJ just nodded at him and walked away. Nick stood there a little longer before heading downstairs himself.

On the stage, Jordan was singing to Kate. This was her favorite song but it wasn't the same without Nick here. She concentrated on singing along with Jordan. He played with her during the song, dancing up against her. He was dancing behind her, Kate moving with the rhythm of his body as he sang the line, “Your body’s calling me, again,” reached up and gripped her stomach pulling her tighter against him. Kate leaned her head back again his left shoulder and reached her right hand up to run thru his hair.
“And I don’t want to have any regrets, when I’m next to you. It’s like ooo oo ooo oo, your touch is all I need, oh yeah“.

As the song ended Kate pulled away from Jordan but he pulled her back to him kissing her. His lips were soft and inviting, but he wasn’t Nick. There was no fire there. She gently pushed away at his chest. She turned to look away, her eyes going to the back of the room, thinking it was a safe place to look. She was wrong. Nick looked at her, their eyes locking for just a moment. Sadness filled his eyes. When he turned and walked away, Kate felt her heart break. She couldn’t believe she was in this spot. She jumped off the stage and headed straight to the ladies room.

Julie was so wrapped up in trying to catch her breath from her vigorous dancing, that she did not see Kate run away. Donnie helped her back up on the stage, but took Jordan’s idea and made it his own. He took Julie’s hand and spun her around one more time. She almost fell, as he hoped she would. He caught her in his arms and laid her back, bending at the waist. He leaned down as if to kiss her. Because of the position she was in, she couldn’t see that someone had walked up behind Donnie. He looked over his shoulder to see who tapped him and faced AJ.



"I believe her kisses are mine. Not yours,” AJ said to him. Donnie straightened Julie back up, stepping ever so slightly to the side so that Julie could face AJ. Julie’s face went from smiling from the dancing, back to the rage she had felt earlier. His words to Donnie made her feel like he thought he owned her. That was it.

“My kisses belong to no one. Yours, on the other hand, belong to your fiancée.” As the words came through clenched teeth, her eyes burned with tears wanting to be shed. Before they could fall, Julie ran down the steps she had seen on the side of the stage and headed to the bathroom, where neither of them could follow.

When Julie walked through the door, she did not expect to see Kate standing in front of the sink, gripping the edge. She looked so torn up. Julie stepped up to her and put an arm on her shoulder.

“What happened?” Julie asked.

“Nick is here. Jordan kissed me at the end of his song, and Nick saw. The pain in his eyes was unmistakable. What have I done?” Kate was so torn. She had fallen in love with him, even in just a few days. She was so angry for what he did to Julie, encouraging a relationship when it was obvious there couldn’t be one. But the look in his eyes at that moment said more than any words he could ever say.
Julie understood what she was doing to her friend.

“Katy, he didn’t cheat on you. He just did something stupid for his friend for reasons we may never know. Don’t let go of him if you think this is right. Don't worry about what happened with AJ and I. You deserve to be happy and if that's Nick them don't let him go." Kate hugged her. Julie really was her best friend, who else would give her a chance to make things right with Nick. She had to go. She had to tell him she was sorry.

“Will you come with me?” Kate asked. Not sure she could face him alone.

“I will walk out there with you, but if AJ comes over, I am coming back in here. Okay?”
Kate nodded.

As they stepped out of the bathroom, they both looked over to the DJ booth, in the middle of the stage. They expected to see Nick and Howie and Donnie and Jordan on the stage. But instead, Donnie and Jordan were gone and standing in a line were all four Backstreet Boys. Brian looked over to where the girls had just stepped out of the bathroom. He tapped Howie on the shoulder, pointing over at the girls. Howie then cut the music. Brian took a step towards the edge of the stage and began to speak.

“I know this is a little out of the ordinary, for all four of us to be here. But you see, we are all brothers, and brothers help each other out. And it seems that Nick and AJ made a mistake and really screwed things up.” As he spoke, Julie both put their hands on hips. Kate's eyes were locked on Nick. He still had his back turned. Julie began tapping one foot in irritation. “So we are gonna sing a song. We need our friends, Kate and Julie to come up on stage.”

Julie shook her head. No song would make this okay. She turned to Kate. “Go ahead; I am heading right back into the bathroom.” She turned to walk away. Kate grabbed her arm before she got far.

“If you jump I jump, remember." She said quoting the line from Titanic. She pulled on Julie, making her move a step forward. Julie decided she would go up there for Kate. But she was not going to look at AJ. There was nothing he could say to make things right She wasn’t gonna be that girl.

“I bet they are going to sing ‘The Call.” Julie said sarcastically to Kate.
Kate pulled her to a stop and looked at Julie, "Please, for me, give him a chance. I- I think I'm falling for Nick."
She expected a rebuff from Julie but none came. Kate was usually the sensible one, the one who didn't believe in love at first sight and here she was confessing to love a man she'd known for 2 days.

They were allowed to walk up the side steps, the security keeping everyone else from bothering them.
Brian met them at the top. He offered them his hands before he lead them to the center of the stage. He picked up a mic and spoke again.

“This is a song from our album ‘Never Gone’. Howie and I agreed this was a good song to sing to them.”

The four of them stood around the girls. Nick and Howie were on either side of Kate and Brian and AJ were on either side of Julie. Julie kept her eyes out straight, not wanting to make eye contact with AJ although her eyes would occasionally wander there anyway. Kate on the other hand, looked right at Nick. They started singing. Nick sang the first verse. He stepped up to Kate, looking her deep in her eyes.

"Everybody knows that I was such a fool to ever let go of you
Baby I was wrong
Yeah I know I said we'd be better off alone (Howie joined in harmony)
It was time that we moved on
I know I broke your heart, I didn't mean to break your heart
But baby here I am"

Nick took Kate's left hand. Her right hand covered her mouth and occasionally wiped off her tears. Howie pulled a hankie out of his pocket handing it to Kate.

AJ joined in, trying to make eye contact with Julie. She kept looking at either Brian or out into the crowd. Tears slipping down her cheeks no matter how she tried to stifle them.

"Banging on your front door
My pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and I'm crawling back to you
Begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you"

(AJ sang solo, Brian joined harmony)

"I know you're in there and you can make me wait
But I'm not goin' away
It's the least that I can do, just to tell you face to face
I was lying to myself, now I'm dying in this hell
Girl I know you're mad, I can't blame you for being mad
But baby here I am"

"Banging on your front door
My pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and now I'm crawling back to you.
Begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you"

"If you could see these tears I'm crying
Touch these hands that can't stop shaking
Hear my heart that's barely beating
(AJ sang the next line alone, reaching out to Julie , who still ignored him)
You will see a different man."

(AJ sang alone, getting down on one knee in front of Julie, reaching out to touch her)
"But baby here I am
Banging on your front door
My pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and

(The other guys moved to the front of the stage and knelt on the floor to face them)

I'm crawling back to you (come on)
Begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in? (let me in)
I was running from the truth, now I'm crawling back to you

(Brian and Howie stood, moving to the side of them, now singing out to the audience.)

Banging on your front door, darling
My pride spilled on the floor
I was running from the truth, now I'm crawling back to you, yeah
Now I'm crawling back to you
Crawling back to you
Crawling back to you
Crawling back to you

The ended the song, Nick and AJ on their knees in front of the girls. Kate was looking Nick deep in the eyes, tears falling down her cheeks faster than she could wipe them with the hankie. She had fully forgiven him. She reached out to him, placing her hand on his cheek. He put his own on top, his eyes closing in relief. As he stood to his full 6’ 1” height, he pulled her into his arms. She was shaking as she clung desperately to his neck.

“I am so sorry. There is a really good reason for all this. I promise I wasn’t trying to be an asshole.”
"I'm sorry too." Kate sobbed.
He leaned down and kissed her with a demand she didn’t know existed.


Julie still had not looked at AJ. When he tried to take her hand during the song she had pulled away. Julie felt tortured as she turned to face him. His eyes were filled with agony. She was so angry but she still cared for him. What was wrong with her? He was a cheater and she felt self-entitled to be pissed.

“You can just keep on crawling.” Julie said through clenched teeth before she turned and walked off the stage. Angry tears fell as her heart broke. She headed straight for the bar. When she asked the bartender for a Dr. Pepper, he asked if she wanted anything in it. “Just ice,” she said. He looked at her funny, but handed her the soda without saying another word.

Julie looked over to the stairs she had seen that went to the balcony upstairs. She needed to get as far away as she could. The balcony was fairly empty, most of the crowd down on the dance floor. She found a dark corner with a small round bar table and two stools. She sat down and let out a deep sigh. Did he really think he could make everything better by singing to her? It only made her angrier. He had a fiancée. What did her need her for? Julie was so busy dwelling in her own pity party; she did not realize someone had joined her.

Nick took Kate's hand and led her out a side door to deserted alleyway. The door was recessed a little leaving a private alcove for them to talk.
"Katy, I'm so sorry." Nick said as he leaned against the wall. He pulled Kate to him, her purple heels between his black vans. Kate's wrist crossed behind his neck as she gazed into his gray eyes.
"I should have told you." He explained, " We've been trying to tell AJ that Rochelle was no good for him, for months, but he wouldn't listen. Then when we met you two, I thought he would finally realize..." His voice trailed off. He looked down unable to maintain eye contact. "And then I thought I'd lost you..."
"It's ok. I understand." She said softly, "I'd do the same for Julie."
She pulled his chin up to look in his eyes. They were wet with unshed tears.
"You didn't lose me. I'm right here."
She leaned in kissing him softly.
She pulled back looking into his gray eyes.

"I'm sorry too." She stopped him when he started to object. "I should have let you explain. It wasn't your secret you were keeping and I should have had more respect for your faithfulness to AJ."
He pulled her close just holding her. The sweet smell of her perfume drifting up to him.
"I was afraid I wasn't going to get to do this again." He said as his cheek pressed against her hair.
After a few minutes Nick's ears perked up hearing the words he dreaded.
"I swear that's him. Nick Carter is down there, come on, I'll show you."

"Come on Katy, time to move." He said taking her hand and leading her back inside. Kate didn't know why but she hated that nickname. It always made her feel like a little girl. Julie was the only one outside her family that was allowed to call her that. But somehow when Nick called her that she didn't mind. She knew he meant it as an endearment and she liked the idea of that.

Brian stood at the edge of Julie's table.
“Can I join you?” He didn’t wait for an answer; he just pulled out the bar stool and took a seat. “Don’t worry. He has no idea I am up here." He said glancing toward the edge of the balcony. "I just felt that you deserved to know the truth.”

Julie scoffed. She had the highest respect of Brian. He was a loving family man, a devoted performer, and a good friend to those in his life. She knew he would be honest with her, but if there was a truth to be told, it was only right that AJ told her. Who was she kidding; she wouldn't listen to AJ right now. She'd hear Brian out before deciding whether or not to let AJ explain.

“As you now know, AJ had a fiancée.”

Julie nodded, biting her tongue, wanting to snap back about it.
“I won’t lie to you; we have all been pushing AJ to get rid of Rochelle. She is not good for him. She continues to remind him of his flaws, instead of encouraging him to stay sober. I am honestly worried she is going to drive him to drink. Or worse.” He paused for a moment, trying to judge Julie’s reaction to his words. She had no expression on her face. “I understand Kate took it the wrong way when Nick was telling her how he hoped things worked out. We all hoped. As soon as Howie and I heard about you, and then met you, we knew this was exactly what we all needed. I don’t want to scare you, but we looked at you as our salvation. You were someone who would love him for him, not his pedigree.”

Julie felt knots begin to form in her stomach. She picked up her soda and drank it down fast.

“I think I need another.” She said to herself. Brian looked down at her cup with disappointment. “It’s just Dr. Pepper,” She pointed out to him when she saw his face. The news brought a smile to his face.

“I can get you another if you like?” He offered. She just nodded at him. He left his seat and headed to the bar along the far right wall, opposite of where Julie sat. While he was away, she got out of her seat and moved over to the railing. She looked down to see that Nick was singing 'Falling In Love’ Again to Kate.

Julie’s eyes wandered of their own accord, looking for AJ. She didn’t want to see him, yet her heart called out for him. Brian would not lie to her, this she knew. But she felt like she could never trust AJ again. She hated herself for the feelings she had for him.

He must have sensed her looking for him. He caught sight of her as her eyes roamed away from where he stood, on the floor below, just off to the side of the bar. It appeared she didn’t see him. The lights behind her lit up her chestnut hair, making bits look like fire. His heart twisted in his chest. He had finally found the right one, and lost her. He watched as Brian walked up beside her and offered her a drink. She turned away from the balcony and headed back to her seat. He was glad she wasn’t alone. But he wished it was him she was with, not Brian. He knew he had to go talk to her. She deserved to know the truth, from him, as only he could tell it. He quickly finished his Red Bull and set the empty can on a nearby table before he headed to the stairs.

Julie caught sight of AJ before Brian did. Her heart skipped a beat. He walked up to the table, looking over at Brian first. They just nodded at each other. Brian got up from his seat then he turned to Julie giving her an encouraging smile.

“It was really good to talk to you. I really hope everything does works out.” Like a dad or big brother would do, he gave her hand that rested on the table a little squeeze of reassurance. He then gave her a big smile.

“Thanks for sitting with me.” Julie replied as Brian walked away and AJ took his seat.

Julie turned to her cup, swirling the ice around. She couldn’t look up at him. She didn’t know if her heart could take it, now that she had talked with Brian.

AJ sat there for a moment, neither of them speaking, Julie still staring at her soda.

“Julie, please,” He whispered, his voice thick with emotion. “Look at me.” He leaned in, his arms on the little table.

Julie’s voice wavered. “I can’t. If I look at you I might start crying.” He reached out and took the hand Brian had just touched. When she didn’t pull away, he took it as a good sign.

“I wanted to tell you. I had planned to tell you right before the show, but then Brian interrupted us. Then you and Kate took off shopping. And I ... I chickened out." He finished lamely. Julie took a sip of her soda while he paused.
“All I ever meet is BSB fans. I met Rochelle at a show I did at the O2. I had come to the conclusion that she was the best there was. Being with her was better than being alone. I never knew there was anything better. But then, you came along.”

“But you lied to me.” Julie replied.
“I didn’t lie; I just … omitted a few things.”
“Omission is the same as lying.“ Julie pointed out.
“Just so you know, she is gone now. I broke off all ties.” AJ stated.
“You shouldn’t have left her because of me.” Julie felt bad for the girl.

“I didn't. Part of what I've been working on this tour is figuring things out for myself. Rochelle was trying to make me perfect for her. The guys have been telling me this for a while. After I met you I began to realize I could be myself with someone and be happy. After you left, I told her I had had enough."

“But you were going to marry her. Spend the rest of your life with her. And now you are going to break up with her because of some girl that showed up at your concert?” Julie could feel herself getting angry again.

“First of all, you're not just some girl." He began to get frustrated.
He took a breath to calm himself.
“Have you ever had one of those days where you can’t say what you are feeling because you are feeling too many things at once?”

Julie looked into his dark brown eyes. She could see the frustration not only in his eyes, but his entire body. She took a deep breath, thinking of the conversation she had just had with Brian. She would hear him out. It may not change anything, but she could tell her needed to get it off his chest.

”I'm sorry. Go ahead."

AJ took a deep breath before continuing. He looked down at his gothic manicured hands as he began.

“Every girl I have ever dated, since BSB was formed, has been all about dating a Backstreet Boy. It was either about who I was or the money they thought I had. Every show it was the same thing. Girls were throwing themselves at me, alcohol flowed like water. It was a never ending party. But I felt so alone. It was like I standing in a room full of people and no one could hear me scream. Then came the coke. Something that would ease the loneliness.” He paused then. He looked up at Julie to gauge her reaction. She was surprised by his confession.
“I forgot, you don’t know all about that.”

Julie met his eyes as he searched her face waiting for the condemnation that always followed his confession. There wasn't any.
“I did know about the rehab. Donnie tweeted about it, and I remember it being on the news. But to be honest, I really didn’t pay much attention, so I don’t know all the details.”


He sighed. It was almost a sound of relief. He could tell her from his point, why things were the way they were, rather than how the media made it sound.

“I met Rochelle a few years ago, at a BSB concert. She was beautiful and fun. Things were good in the beginning. She knew everything about me. Well, everything the media knows. Things seemed perfect. But after I proposed it began to change. It was subtle at first, she started buying clothes for me that I'd never wear or want me to go to out to country clubs and art museums. I thought she was just trying to expand my horizons but the changes became more drastic and if we'd argue she'd always throw it in my face that I was a junkie and an alcoholic. Still I figured it was better to be with her, than to be alone. But in the past six months, all she has done is point out my flaws. She reminds me every day of my mistakes. She almost flaunts them. She loves nothing more than to sit on the couch in my theater room with a glass of wine and chat on the phone to her friends about her sugar daddy. The guys have been pointing this out for a while, but I didn’t want to see it. Who wants to be alone? I was afraid that if I was, I would go back to the coke.”

Julie felt so bad for him. All he wanted in life was so basic, someone to love him for him. How could she blame him for that? She reached out and took his hands into hers. He looked her deep into her eyes.

“You can’t help who you fall in love with.” AJ said. “I never meant
for this to happen. I had already decided to break it off with her when we met up in St. Louis. I didn't think it was fair to do over the phone.
Then when I saw you at the club, when you were icing your foot, I had a feeling come over me that I had never felt with her. Compassion. All I wanted to do in that moment was make things better for you. And you treated me like any other guy. I was not AJ McLean from BSB. I was Alex.”

Julie smiled, remembering when he brought her the bag of ice. Although she had been surprised that a Backstreet Boy was standing in front of her, he was just a guy after all. She hadn’t realized that he had caught that.

“So… where do we go from here?” Julie asked.

“Can we start over?" AJ replied.

Julie shook her head. AJ looked crushed.
"We can't erase what's happened. But I would like to try again." She said, reaching out to touch his cheek. A tear escaped from the corner of his eye to trail down and be lost between Julie’s finger and his cheek.
"You would do that? For me? A recovering alcoholic and junkie?"
"No. I'd do it for you, Alex."
He stood up, walked over to stand in front of her and pulled her up into a hug.
"Thank you,” he whispered in her ear, holding her as if his life depended upon it, which in a way, it did.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?” He asked eloquently. Julie heard the music for the first time since AJ had joined her. She giggled as the end of Dirty Dancing was playing down on the dance floor. AJ took her just a few steps away from her little table and twirled her close to him. One hand landed on his chest. She wrapped the other around his neck. He started to slow dance with her.

“It’s kinda hard to slow dance to something this fast,” She teased. AJ pulled her a little closer.

“Does it really matter?” As if someone downstairs was watching, the music changed. It blended well with Dirty Dancing and the crowds cheers when ‘Time of My Life’, the theme song from the movie Dirty Dancing, began.

“Nobody puts Baby in the corner,” He whispered in her ear. Julie wasn’t sure if his reference was just to the movie, or the fact that she had just been sitting in a corner. She didn’t care. Julie felt her heart soar. AJ began singing in her ear as he moved her around. He took her hand from his chest to hold it so he could maneuver her better. Then, just like in the movie, AJ did a swooping dip to Julie. She began singing along.

“I’ve had the time of my life, and I’ve never felt this way before. I swear, it’s the truth. And I owe it all to you…”

The balcony was mostly empty, as it had been when Julie had first come up, so AJ had plenty of room to dance her around. They both sang and laughed as they danced. As the song was coming to an end, AJ pulled Julie so close, she could feel his heart beating through his shirt. Because of her heels, she was a few inched taller than him. So AJ had to look up into her eyes.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For looking so ravishing tonight.” He lifted the hem of her skirt to reveal her red petticoat. He made a sexually charged growling noise. They both laughed. But then AJ’s face went serious.

”I'm sorry I hurt you. I won’t do it again. I am crawling back to you, asking for a second chance.” He went down on one knee to look up at her. Now Julie realized why Kate was able to forgive Nick after they sang that song. She thought back to the look in AJ’s eyes, down on one knee. How did she not see it? They really meant it, they were begging, their pride on the floor. She offered her hand to him, to get him off the floor.

“I forgive you,” She said. He ran his fingertips down the side of her face, from her temple to her chin. He then worked his hand across the back of her neck, making it easier for him to pull her in for a kiss. As their lips touched, her arms went instinctively around him, pulling them even closer. His lips parted, their tongues doing a dance of their own. Fire filled them both. Their hands explored each other, need driving them. The heat of their kiss was making them both short in breath. When they parted, AJ looked into her eyes.

“Are you sure you’re a virgin?” He teased.
Julie could feel herself blush. Just because she hadn’t had sex before, didn’t mean she didn’t know about passion, or feel desire.
“Yeah, I am sure. But if you ask me tomorrow…” She didn’t need to finish was she started to say. He knew.

“No.”
Julie looked at him, confused.
“No, what?”
“No. I won’t let you.”
She was really confused now.
“What are you talking about?” she asked. He stepped back before he answered.
“I don’t want you to feel like you have to have sex with me tonight. You mean to much to me. You need to understand that.”

Julie smiled. That was what she hoped he would say. She stepped up to him, putting her arms around his neck, grabbing her wrists so he couldn’t back away again. He put his hands hesitantly on her waist.

“I don’t want to have sex with you,” She tried to get a little closer, but he stiffened up ever so slightly. “I want to make love to you all night long.” This time, it was his turn to blush. He melted into her arms, pulling her so close; her breasts were pressed too hard against his hard chest.
“Are you sure?” He questioned.
“Yes. More now than ever.”

He took her hand and was rushing to get down the stairs. Julie stopped when they reached the bottom.

"Where are we going?" she asked, laughing from his urgency.
"I need to get you outta here." Julie felt her cheeks flush red.
"I at least need to tell Kate. I left my purse in Donnie's dressing room, so I don't have my phone. Kate will freak out if i just disappear."
AJ could understand her need to let her friend know. She was looking out for her. He nodded.
"I will let the shuttle know we are leaving before the party is over, you go tell Kate."
Julie kissed him quickly before running to tell Kate.

Kate was sitting next to Nick on one of the couches placed just to the side of the stage. His right arm was around her and his left hand was playing with hers. Julie decided to be mean. She tried to make her face look sad. She walked up the stairs slowly, her shoulders tilted forward, as if in defeat.


"Kate. I am leaving now. I need to get back to the arena and get my purse from Donnie's dressing room before they leave." Kate looked at her friend. She didn't look mad anymore, but she was alone. Kate let out a deep sigh, looked at Nick, then started to get up..
"You don't have to leave. Stay. Have fun. I just need to get outta here."
Kate's heart fell. Brian had come back and said things looked like they were going well. He had Howie play 'Time of our Lives', hoping to get them dancing. Something must have gone wrong.

Not knowing Julie's intentions to tease her friend, AJ ran up the four steps and wrapped his arms around Julie's waist, kissing her shoulder.

"Ready to go?" he asked. Kate wanted to smack Julie.

"So, everything is good again?" she asked.
"It's not good again. It's new."
Kate nodded. She knew what Julie meant. Brian came up the stairs on the opposite side of the stage and smiled huge when he saw Julie wrapped in AJ's arms. He ran over to them, almost tripping over Howie in his haste.

"Ready to sing again?" Brian asked. AJ just looked confused. "I really want to leave, Leighanne is waiting. But I think we need to sing one more song, letting everyone know that everything is ok. I have had so many girls come ask me why AJ was crying."
AJ looked at him, a scornful look across his face. "I told them you weren't crying. That you were just showing your sensitive side. Girls eat that stuff up."
AJ shook his head. Brian did have a way with the ladies.
Nick stood from the couch and offered Kate a hand to get up.
"I'm game. What are we singing?" Brian brought the four of them into a huddle to discuss the song they would sing.
"So what's it going to be, guys?" Brian said.
"I Need You Tonight?" Nick suggested.
"To slow." Howie said, "We need to pump this crowd up."
"Well that rules out Unmistakeable." AJ says.
"How about As Long As You Love Me." Howie suggests.
"No," Nick said, "Kate doesn't like that song. She says you can't love someone unless you know who they are."
Brian nods in agreement, "Oh! How about It's Gotta Be You."
"Perfect!" AJ agrees
Nick and Howie nod as they separate. Howie pulls up the tune.

The guys pump up the audience playing to them more than the girls. AJ and Nick both look over at Julie and Kate during the song. The girls sing along dancing on the side of the stage just like any other fans.

Screams erupted from the fans as the song ended. The guys took their bows. Laughing and heading to the back of the stage.
They AJ waved the girls over.
"Brian is heading back to the convention center. He can give us a ride and that way we can leave the other shuttle for Howie. Julie looks at Kate. Kate shrugs looking to Nick.
"I have to stay." He said. "Technically this is Howie and I's party and I've only sang one song off my album."
"Then I'll stay." She looked at Julie. "You guys take off. It's cool."
"What about the car?" Julie asked.
"Take it to the hotel. I have my key, I'll grab my bag when I get there."
"How will you know where I park, your phone's in the car." Julie asked worried.
"Um have AJ text Nick, duh" Kate said laughing at her friend's distraction. She leaned in whispering to Julie.
"Have fun and be safe. I'll grab my phone out of the car if you need me."
Julie blushed and looked at AJ and Brian.
"You ready?" AJ asked her taking her hand.
The smirk on Kate's face make Julie turn even redder. All she could do was follow AJ out to the shuttle.

Kate laughed as Julie walked away.
Nick gave Kate a quick kiss on the cheek.
"Back to work." He said walking back over to the DJ Booth.

Nick and Howie finished out their party. Keeping the crowd pumped up. Kate watched Nick her heart soaring.
When the night was over the 3 of them rode the shuttle to the hotel.

 

 

Chapter 6 - The Mayo by Dark-Hunter

 

The Mayo

The shuttle took Brian, AJ and Julie back to the BOK center before continuing on to the hotel.
“Meet you guys back at the shuttle?" Brian asked. AJ looked at Julie.
"I have to take my car." She said, almost apologizing.
"I'll meet at your car. I just need to grab my bag." He kissed her cheek.
Julie took off to get her purse, as well as Kate's, from Donnie's dressing room, before heading to her car.

Although Brian didn't need anything off his bus, he walked with AJ to his.
"I'm glad things are working out for you and Julie." Brian told AJ.
"She's something special, isn't she?"
"Yes." Brian agreed.
AJ was lost in thought as they walked to the bus.
"What is it?" Brian asked, as they climbed on the bus.
AJ sat on the couch, running his hands over face and head coming to rest on his neck. When he finally looked up at Brian worry creased his brow. Brian leaned against the counter.
"She's a virgin." AJ confessed.
"Oh." Brian said, understanding his friend’s hesitation.
"That's a big responsibility. You sure you're that you’re ready for that."
"I don't know."
"Is she?"
"She says she is but I don't know." AJ confessed.
"Well you better be sure. Sex changes everything." Brian said seriously.
"I know."

Julie had butterflies in her stomach as she walked back to her car. This was it. After tonight she'd no longer be a virgin. Was she really ready for this? She wasn't saving herself exactly; it just had never felt right before. She started the car to wait for AJ. She'd forgotten that since Kate's phone was plugged into charge, her music would be playing. She was thinking of turning it off when ‘I Need You Tonight’, began to play.
She listened carefully as the words hit her for the first time. Alex needed her but what was more surprising was she needed him too. She sang along to the words, her eyes closed, her head leaning back on the seat.
As AJ walked up to the car he could recognized the music coming from the car. He paused when he saw Julie. She was singing the words and she meant them. He's the one who needed her but she was singing to him.
As the song ended he walked up to the passenger door and climbed in.
He kissed her cheek and held her hand as they drove to the hotel, Kate’s music was still playing.
AJ listened as ‘Let's Make Love’ by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, played. He'd never been big on country music but he was mesmerized by the words to this song.
Do you know what you do to me?
Everything inside of me
Is wanting you and needing you
I'm so in love with you.
Look in my eyes
Let's get lost tonight
In each other

That's how he felt about Julie. It was what tonight was all about. He squeezed her hand as he listened to the rest of the song.

When they reached the hotel, they grabbed their bags heading before inside.
AJ took her hand as they stepped into the elevator. He pushed 14, the top floor. Julie was so nervous she began to tremble. He brought her hand up to his lips to place a soft kiss. She felt something within her tighten. His touch calmed her, letting her know it was going to be ok.

Their eyes locked, taking away Julie’s breath. His eyes were filled with passion, she was afraid that hers showed her fear. She was not afraid to make love to him; she was looking forward to it. His body was made for those things. What she was worried about was that she wouldn’t please him.

The doors opened and they stepped out. Julie was a step just behind AJ. She was still holding tight to his hand. He looked over at her and smiled. She melted. Everything was going to be okay, she could tell by his smile. Once at the room, AJ stopped. Julie was waiting for him to open the door, but he turned to look at her instead. His dark brown eyes were intense.

“You do realize that once we enter this room, everything is going to change, right?" He asked her. Julie cocked her head slightly to the side in confusion.
“What do you mean?”
He leaned back against the unopened door.
“I can’t explain it, but just know that it will. I want to make sure you know that, in case you want to change your mind.”
Julie thought she understood what he was saying. Once she had lost her virginity, everything was going to change. Yeah. She was ready to walk through that door. She let go of the handle of her suitcase and shocked AJ by putting her hands on the door, one on each side of his head. She leaned in really close to him, their lips almost touching, but not quite. Her eyes were filled with desire as she stared into his.

“I know what I want. I want you to open this damned door.” The look on his face said to her that he understood. Without moving from Julie’s cage, he pulled the room key from his pocket, where he had put it right after the front desk clerk had handed it to him. He offered the key to Julie, as if saying it had to be her decision, her action. She placed the key in the slot and let the door open. The room was beautiful, but Julie’s eyes were on AJ and the look in his eyes. She had to break away from his gaze to turn back to the hallway and her suitcase. She pulled it into the room.

“Are you hungry?” AJ inquired, after he sat on the bed. Julie was grateful he asked. She was starving. And it would give her a little time to become more comfortable with the situation.
“Absolutely.”
He picked up a menu he saw by the phone. It stated that room service was available until midnight, but it was almost two. AJ normally was not one to use his fame to get what he wanted, but this seemed like a good time.
Julie pulled her suitcase in further, dropping it by the dresser. She leaned down to unzip it so she could get a few things out. She didn’t realize AJ had gotten off the bed and was right behind her until his hands reached to grab her skirt and flip it up.

“God I love the sight of that red under there. I swear, it peeks out like it is trying to tease me.” Julie had stood back up as soon as he spoke. She turned around abruptly as he had caught her off guard. He caught her, wrapping his arms around her to steady her. She laughed.
“You scared me. I wasn’t expecting that.” Her laugh lit up her face.
“What do you want to eat?” he asked. She just shrugged her shoulders.
“I am so hungry; I will eat just about anything.” One of AJ’s eyebrows went up.
“Oh, really?” He teased. She kissed his nose.
“Really.”
He kissed her as he reached for the zipper in the back of her dress and very slowly started to unzip. Julie’s heart started racing, butterflies beat wings in her stomach. She was so ready for this, yet, so scared. Half way down the dress, he stopped unzipping and faced her. He kissed her tenderly before looking into her eyes.
“I think you should eat some real food before anything else.” He said softly.
Julie could tell he was having as hard a time as she was. They both wanted to get right to it, but knew they needed to go slow. He reluctantly let her go and went to the phone.

As he called the front desk to get room service taken care of, Julie went back to the suitcase. While AJ was occupied with the menu, Julie grabbed the pink Victoria's Secret bag she had tucked in there, and hurried to the bathroom.

Julie stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself in the navy blue satin nighty. She had never felt truly beautiful before, but at that moment, she did. She had brushed her chestnut hair until it shone. Her cheeks were flushed slightly with her excitement of what was about to come. She knew she was about to eat, but she brushed her teeth anyway. She took a deep breath and shut off the light before stepping out, and into her future.


Kate and Nick found Julie's car right where AJ said it would be. She opened the driver's door and grabbed her cell phone from the middle console where it had been charging. She checked for any messages from Julie. No messages, which was a good sign.
She popped the trunk to grab her bag. Nick opened the trunk.
"What do you need?" He asked.
"Just the Macy's bag." She says.
He picked up the bag.
"That's it?" He asked confused.
"Yeah why?" Kate asked.
"Oh no reason," he said, closing the trunk and picking up his own bag, slinging the strap over his shoulder. He took her hand with his free hand.
"Guess I'm just use to high maintenance girls."
Kate laughed, "Well then you're in for a surprise. I'm just a country girl. I like to keep it simple."

He led her into the hotel where they checked in and headed their room. Kate's stomach growled as they reach the door. Nick laughed.
"Glad I'm not the only one who's hungry." He said.
"Hey. It’s been a long time since brunch." Kate said, defending her stomach.
"You haven't eaten since Kansas City?" Nick said stunned.
"Well I had a coffee at the mall, but Julie rarely remembers to eat so..."
Nick walked into the room and straight to the phone, dropping both bags on the bed.
"Hi. I know it is after two in the morning, but is there any way we can order something to eat?" He paused, listening for a moment, "Ok thank you."
He hung up and handed Kate a menu that was on the next to the phone. He sat on the bed next to her as they looked over the menu.


AJ held his breath as Julie came around the corner from the bathroom. She was stunning in her innocence. Rochelle was a glamorous beauty, but Julie, she had a beauty all her own. Maybe it was the way she looked at him. Not with lust or infatuation, but with genuine love and desire. He felt his body as well as his heart, stir. The bulge between his legs throbbed with need.
He had sat there, waiting for her to come out, thoughts racing in his mind. This time, he would not be having sex; he would be doing something he had never done before. He would be making love.
Julie blushed at the hungry look in his eyes. He was sitting on the side of the bed, towards the middle. She took a timid step forward. She wanted this. Her heart began to pound and she thought to herself, “It’s all or nothing.”
She moved quickly, yet gracefully to stand in front of him. His knees were just far enough apart that she was able to step in between them. He looked up into her eyes. He smiled when he saw they were more blue than green. His hands went to the back of her thighs, touching her so tenderly. Goosebumps covered her. His fingers ran gently up and down, from the back of her knee to just above the hem of her slip. She leaned forward to wrap her hands around his neck and kiss him softly. His hands left her thighs and went to her waist. He pulled her in closer for a deeper kiss, almost causing her to fall. One knee hit the bed, just a breath away from the swelling in his jeans. He held her there for a moment, their lips together, their tongues dancing in the heat of each other. Julie moved her hands to his shoulders and pushed him back, so his head fell onto the bed. She stood back up with both feet on the ground. AJ put his hands behind his head to lift it up just enough that he could look her in the eyes.

With brazenness she had never had before she crawled onto the bed straddling him. She had seen the mass that lay beneath the zipper of his pants and did not want to cause him any pain, so she stayed on her hands and knees above him.

As she leaned down to kiss him her hair fell forward onto his face. They both laughed as she pulled her hair to the side. As their lips met, his hands went back to her thighs. Bringing his hands higher up, AJ moved the satin nighty up as well. His hands explored her soft skin, sliding up over her bottom. He growled as he found the lace of her matching thong. He was in no hurry as he kissed her. He wanted to take his time and be as gentle as possible. He gently pulled her down on top of him. She hesitated.
He ran his hand thru her hair, hooking it behind her ear.
"What's wrong?" He asked softly, concerned about her hesitancy.
"I don't want to hurt you." She replied timidly as she sat back on her heels.
"By laying on me?" He asked confused.
She nodded. He smiled at her innocence.
"Baby, you won't hurt me, I promise."
He sat up, pulling her in closer so she could feel him pushed up against her. He ran his fingers thru her long hair as he studied her face.
"You are so beautiful."
Julie blushed, looking down, unable to maintain eye contact. He lifted her chin and kissed her softly, lowering them back to the bed.
Julie could feel the rough material of his jeans still separating them. It wasn't very comfortable, but neither was the fact that her legs were hanging straight off the bed. She slowly rolled off him.
"Sorry," She apologized, "But this isn't very comfortable.” He laughed and kicked off his shoes.
Julie scooted up on the bed, reclining against the stack of pillows. AJ crawled up the bed towards her. He hovered above her, leaning down to kiss her. Her arms reached for him, feeling the texture of his shirt and exploring till she found the hem. She was frustrated to find he was wearing a muscle shirt underneath.
Her head flopped back against the pillow as she groaned in frustration.
AJ laughed, standing on his knees and pulling his shirts over his head. He tosses them to the floor.
"Better?" He asked.
She was mesmerized by his tattoos. She had never really understood how people could permanently mark their bodies, she couldn't even keep the same hair color, but AJ's tattoos were a fascinating part of him. Her fingers ran over the various designs. He lay down next to her, letting her explore his body. Julie rolled on her side facing him. Her fingers slowly moved down towards his pants. She leaned up, unfastened his skull belt buckle and unhooked the button. As she unzipped his pants she quickly checked his face to make sure what she was doing was ok.
AJ was relaxed, one hand rested on the satin of her nightgown, the other under his head.
His boxer briefs still shielded his erection. Julie ran her hand up and down it feeling the wide cap and long thick shaft. AJ's breathing began to quicken as she touched him.
Julie scooted back up to lie next to him. Their lips met again as she stroked him. He reached over, pulling her on top of him. He settled her hips so he could slide her mount up and down his shaft. Julie moaned in pleasure. She never knew just rubbing could feel this good. She had just started moving with his rhythm when there was a knock on the door.
"Damn!" AJ whispered.
Julie rolled off him, allowing him to answer the door. He pulled his pants back over his hips but didn't bother to fasten them back up.
A gentleman stood there with a tray of food. Julie smiled when the smell of maple syrup invaded the room. AJ took the tray and thanked the man, handing him a tip.
He set the tray down on the desk and returned to Julie, who was leaning back on her elbows.

“Now, where were we?” He asked. Julie’s stomach rumbled from the smell of food.
“We were about to eat,” She teased. AJ let out a sigh and turned to take the lids off the plates. Food always made you tired, and he needed her tonight, he didn’t think he would stay sane otherwise.
Julie saw the look on his face. She got off the bed and went to stand behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his right shoulder, tilting her head in so that her lips were close to his ear.
“Put the lids back on. It will keep it warmer longer.” He smiled devilishly, dropping the two lids back in place. He turned in her arms to face her.
“But you need to eat.”
“I will. But right now, all I want is you.”
He couldn't believe it. She was putting his needs above her own. No girl had ever done that before.

Julie turned and walked to the bed, crawling across it as AJ just stood there watching. She lay back on the multiple pillows at the head of the bed, looking at him with hooded eyes. AJ took two steps forward before Julie held her hand up to stop him.
“You might as well take those off. There is no point of having to get up again in a few minutes.” He laughed. She was right, though. They were quickly on the floor. He stood before her in all his masculine glory. She was captivated by him. She could only hope that she would have time in her life to get to know every inch of his glorious body.

AJ moved to crawl up the bed, in a very predatorily way. Julie just laughed. His eyes were hungry. She reached for him, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. His hands ran up the outside of her thighs till they found the lace of her thong. In one swift motion he had pulled them off and tossed them to the floor. He lay beside her, his lips exploring her throat as he ran a hand down over her hip to her thigh then up again. He gently moved her night gown up. His hand slid between her thighs separating them to give him better access. She was having trouble concentrating on kissing him as his finger slid between her soft folds.
Julie breathing became rapid. The movements of his fingers making her body twitch in response. The spaghetti straps of her nightgown fell from her shoulders and slid down her arms, leaving her breasts exposed. AJ lips found their way to her nipples. She gasped at the unexpected pleasure. His tongue moved down her body until his lips replaced his fingers. His tongue twirled and flicked at her until she was panting. AJ climbed back up her, kissing a trail up her body. His knees pushed her thighs farther apart as he settle down on top of her. He rubbed himself gently against her.
"You can still say no." He whispered in her ear as his body teased and tormented hers.
"I want you. Now!" she panted.
He moved a little lower, placing himself at her opening. He kissed her lips, slowly penetrating, then withdrawing. She gripped his back as he slowly moved, inch by inch, further and further inside her.
It was painful at first. He was so large, and she was so tight. But as he got deeper and his strokes longer she found herself moving with him, encouraging him deeper. Driving himself all the way in, Julie saw stars. Her legs curled up around him. He looked at her face checking to make sure he wasn't hurting her. When she met his eyes, she looked almost peaceful. She reached up, kissing him as her legs tighten around him starting his rhythm, again. He moved in and out of her. She felt so good, so tight. He watched her pleasure build, restraining himself.
He increased his speed. Sweat building on both their bodies. Julie's back arched as her first orgasm exploded thru her. She clung to him her body shaking out of control as one aftershock after another filled her. His pace increased until he came. His grip tightened on her, his body going rigid as he release the orgasm he'd been holding back.
He buried his face in her neck as their bodies still clung together.

"OMG! Is it always this good?" Julie panted as her body began to relax.
"I'm glad you liked it." AJ said, pulling back to look at her.
"’Like’ is a serious understatement." Julie laughed.


"So what sounds good?" Nick asked Kate.
"Fried Oreos." She sighed.
"What?" He asked, taking the menu flipping in back and forth.
"Is that on here?"
"No." Kate laughs, it just sounds good.
He looks at her. "Fried Oreos? That just doesn't even sound appetizing.
"Oh their so good. Mmmm. Oreos dipped in beer batter and deep fried so the outside is crispy and the inside is gooey. Served with whipped cream and hot fudge."
His mouth began to water. He wasn't sure if it was the way she described it or the shapes her mouth made saying to words.

They decided to order breakfast to keep things easy for the kitchen.
After they had eaten, Kate stood in the bathroom brushing her teeth as Nick pushed the cart back out in the hallway. He joined her in the bathroom, toothbrush in hand.
"Wow, that tub looks comfortable." He said.
Although there were no jets in it Kate had to admit the oversized oval shaped garden tub did look inviting. Of course she always preferred baths to showers.
When she finished brushing her teeth she began to run a bath. She added a couple of packets of the scented spa treatment.
Nick watched Kate as she filled the tub. That girl had such a fine ass and the way she was running her hand thru the water, gauging the temperature made his body tremble in anticipation. He hurried to finish brushing his teeth.
Kate walked back over to him. She turned her back.
"Unzip me?" She asked pulling her hair over her left shoulder exposing her bare neck and shoulder.
Nick unhooked the top clasp and unzipped her dress. He was surprised to see she didn't wear a bra. She let her dress fall to the floor leaving her in only a purple lace thong. His hands slid around her, caressing her soft breasts. Kate's head tilted back as her body pressed back against him. He kissed her shoulder then her neck. Kate's heart raced. She turned to face him. She pulled his t shirt up over his head. His hands came down to find her waist. He held her close their tongues danced as she undid his pants freeing his erection.
Her hands slid over his tight butt and down his legs as she removed his pants. As she moved up she gave a long lick to his penis. He quivered, sucking a breath between his teeth. She smiled devilishly. She stood up and turned to turn off the water. She quickly got out of her thong and held a hand out to him, inviting him to join her. He stepped to her, his hands reaching for her waist. Her hands ran up his muscular chest, around his neck into his hair. He slid his hands over her round butt lifting her off the ground. Her legs instinctively wrapped around him as she kissed him.
He stepped into the tub, careful not to drop her. The water was warm as they sank into the tub.
Kate readjusted her legs so her knees were folded beneath her. She leaned in kissing him, her hands on the tub wall behind him.
His hands ran up her smooth muscular thighs to her curvy hips. He'd been dreaming of this all day. He wanted her so bad.

He groaned as she began to grind against him. Her lips moved to his neck, her slow rhythm feeling so good, yet making him ache for more. Nick's hands roamed her back as her lips moved to his ear. She sucked first on his ear lobe then ran her tongue around the outside groove before moving inward. It was unbelievable; he never knew so much pleasure could come from a wet willy. His body hardened even more, making him ache to be inside her, ached to take control.

Kate's hand slid between. She used her fingers to adjust him to the right position. As he sat there on the cusp of her, she looked into his eyes. Passion consumed her as she thrust herself down on him. Nick growled at the feel of her. His hands tightened on her waist as she began to move. Raising herself on her knees, she moved up and down him. Her body was built for this, her hips rocking back and forth as she slid up and down him. He was helpless, she had full control as her orgasm built she moved faster. He tried to help, lifting himself to her as she came down harder and faster.

She cried out, her head tilting back as she came. But she didn't stop. She leaned into him, her rapid pace rubbing her soft breasts against him. She rode him till his body exploded in orgasm. He clutched her tight as his body shook with ferocity.

Kate relaxed against his chest. Nick's hands ran up and down her back.
"What is with you and water?" He laughs.
"I like you wet, and naked." Kate said, her head still on his chest.


AJ watched Julie, who was still naked; devour the plate of waffles and eggs he had ordered for her. He knew she was hungry, but she shocked him that she wasn’t embarrassed to scarf down it front of him. It made him laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Julie asked, shoving another bite of waffle, dripping with syrup, into her mouth. Some of the sticky syrup dropped on her chin. AJ leaned closer and licked the drop from her chin. Julie laughed as she saw his body stirring.
“I didn’t think you could do that again, so soon,” She said, a little taken aback.
"I'm a fast reloader." He laughed.

Julie felt herself blush. She was so happy at that moment. Earlier in the night, when all the crap had gone down, she never thought to see him again. Never in her mind did she think she would be sitting naked with him, eating waffles at almost three in the morning. She hoped things we going as well for Kate.


Kate stood in front of Nick, just a small towel wrapped around her. She pulled her little yellow polka dot nightgown and matching bikini panties from her Macy’s bag. Nick’s smile widened when she dropped the towel and slid the nightgown over her head.
“But I liked you naked…” he pouted.
“I can’t sleep naked.” Kate walk back over to the large bed and pulled back the covers. Nick just stood there watching as she slid under the soft sheets. She crawled onto the bed trying to be sexy, but a yawn slipped out. Nick laughed.
“Me too,” was all he said as he slipped in beside her.
“Are you sleeping naked?” Kate was curious.
“Yeah. That way, if I wake up in the morning and need to take you again, it will be easier.” Kate slapped him in a playful way. He caught her hand and kissed her palm. It sent shivers up her spine. If she wasn’t so tired, she would let him take her now. But she yawned again and he reached to turn the light off, curling up next to her.

 

 

Chapter 7 - Traveling by Dark-Hunter

 

Traveling


Julie stood in the shower, letting the hot water rush over her sore body. After the mess they had made with the waffle syrup, she was all sticky. She didn’t know how she was going to make it through the day having no sleep at all. They had a seven hour drive back to Omaha. But if this was the last night she would ever spend with Alex, she wanted to enjoy every minute of it.

“Mind if I join you?” His deep voice resonated through her. Julie would be more than happy if his voice was the only thing she ever heard again.

“By all means.” Julie was so grateful for the posh hotel’s large dual shower. Kate had told her horror stories of trying to do it in a shower. Someone was always cold and there was no room to maneuver. That would not be a problem here. The shower had two heads on each side as well as multiple spouts that jutted water at random times.

“Oh. That feels so good,” AJ commented as he stepped into the hot water. “My muscles hurt so badly.” Julie stifled a laugh. She was glad she wasn’t the only one. He had more excuse though. He had been on stage dancing for over 50 days.

Although she had made love to AJ twice already, she would never get enough of him. She needed to touch him. So she grabbed the soap and lathered it up. His face was to the water, his back to her. Julie started at his shoulders and massaged him as she washed. He moaned as she worked the knots on his shoulders, down his back. She stepped closer, her chest smooth to his back as she reached around to soap his chest. Her hands went down, just to the top of his hipbone, teasing him, not going any lower. AJ’s breath was caught in his throat. He let out a feral growl as he turned in her arms.

“You are such a tease.”
Julie just smiled at him before she kissed him tenderly. His arms went around her, pulling her so close. She could feel his erection growing, up against her, as it was. She blushed profusely. She didn’t know if her body could handle doing it again. Just the thought caused her womb to tighten.

“I’ve got to wash my hair,” she said, trying to change the subject. She turned to reach for the shampoo. When she turned to face AJ, he took the bottle from her hands.

“May I?”
Julie had always wanted someone to wash her hair for her. He must have seen the look in her eyes when he asked. He didn’t wait for an answer. He started massaging the shampoo into her scalp. She moaned in pleasure as he lathered up her hair. She turned to rinse the soap from her hair, her breasts lifting upwards as her hands went to remove all remnants of soap. She conditioned her hair and soon, it was time they got out.

AJ stepped out first, drying himself off as Julie got the conditioner out of her hair. He offered her a towel, gently rubbing her down, removing all the water from her skin. It was a task to do, as her hair was still dripping wet. AJ stood up, from rubbing her legs, to catch a drop from her hair that had fallen and was traveling down the valley of her breasts. His tongue quickly removed it, causing goose bumps to cover her skin. AJ laughed when her nipple tightened into little nubs. His mouth found its way to the right one, bringing it into the warmth of his mouth. Her hands went right to the back of his neck, drawing him in closer.


“I can’t believe we only slept for six hours. I feel so refreshed.” Kate was stretching all her muscles, still in the bed, as Nick messed with his phone

“I don’t get to sleep in a real bed very often,” he replied.
Kate rolled over to be up against Nick’s side. She reached to run her hands across his smooth, eight pack chest. She let out a sigh.

“Whatcha doing?” she whispered to him.

“Letting AJ know we are up, and see what he wants to do today.” This made a tightness fill Kate’s chest. She wasn’t ready to say goodbye. She did not want him to see her cry so she excused herself to the bathroom. Nick sat up and continued to text with AJ.

Julie glanced at AJ’s phone when another text went off. She had heard him texting for a while, when she had been soaking in the tub, letting her body recover. Once she out, he excused himself to the bathroom. She walked over to the night stand, not wanting to snoop, but still worried about the night before. What if it was Rochelle he had been texting to?

It lit up with another message. The message was clearly displayed on the screen.

Nick
“I think you have a great idea… Omaha it is.”

Julie felt her heart soar. Did this mean what she could only hope? Did Alex really wanting to spend more time with her? She went to her suitcase, trying to get to get clothing together, but her heart was racing and her thoughts were scattered.

As she pulled a pair of jeans and light blue t shirt from her suitcase, her phone buzzed. She had just gotten a text of her own. She ran over to her phone, charging on the desk. It was Kate. It was not good.

“I am in room 1425. Please, come get me. I don’t care what you say to distract him. I need to get away.”

Julie’s heart was pounding. What could have happened to make Kate sound so desperate?

“What is going on?” Julie text back to her.

“I can’t do this. I can’t say goodbye.”

Julie’s laughter brought AJ from the bathroom. Even though she had an idea of what AJ and Nick had been texting about, she couldn’t let him know. Apparently, Kate didn’t know yet.

“Give me a few minutes. I just got out of the bath,” Julie sent back.

“What is so funny?” AJ asked, pulling jeans up over his hips. Julie decided to let him know; maybe it would get him to say something.

“Kate needs me to come get her away from Nick.” Worry creased AJ’s brow.

“Why?”

“She doesn’t want to see him when she has to say goodbye. I think she will be afraid she might fall apart.”
AJ stepped up to her, opening his arms for her to walk into. She almost dropped her towel when her arms went around him. It was his body that held it in place.

“You wouldn’t walk out like that, would you?”
Julie knew that she would, but she wouldn’t admit it to him. She just looked down. That was all the answer he needed.

“Well. I guess it is good thing you won’t be rid of us for a while. Nick and I would like to spend our two days off, going home with you.” He stopped, looking into her eyes. “That is, if you want to spend more time with us.”

Julie brought her hands up to the back of his neck, drawing him in closer. She kissed with him fire and passion. That was the answer he needed.

“I take it that was a yes.”

Julie just nodded.

“Well, you better get dressed and go ‘rescue’ Kate. We should get on the road right away, so that when the rest of the crew realizes we are gone, there is nothing they can do about it.” He chuckled.
Julie reluctantly let him go and got dressed. She brushed her hair back into a simple pony tail and put on only the barest of make-up, for her anyway.

Minutes later she stood in front of Nick and Kate’s door. She knocked lightly. Nick opened the door, a look of worry on his face.

“Hey, Nick,” Julie said, then noticing his face. “Uh, oh. What is going on?” Nick looked down, shaking his head.

“I don’t know. She went into the bathroom and will not come out. She won’t even talk to me. I don’t know what is wrong.”

Julie tried hard not to laugh.

“I take it you haven’t told her yet?” Nick flushed red.

“AJ told you?”

“Yeah. I got a text from her saying she needed me right away.” Julie began to whisper, just in case.” She is having a really hard time with the thought of saying goodbye to you this morning. I told Alex and he thought it best to let me know about you two coming with us to Omaha for your two days off. So I came to take care of Kate.”
Nick let out a sigh of relief. He was so glad Kate was not mad at him. His face lifted when he thought more about it. What Kate was really saying was separating from him would be too painful to bear. He nodded to Julie, and stepped out of the way so she could go to the bathroom door.

“Katy. Open up. I need to talk to you.” Julie said, her face so close to the door. She could hear Kate moving around in the bathroom. It only took a moment for Kate to open the door. Julie stepped in and hugged her best friend. Kate’s face a streaked with tears.

“Oh, sweetie! It’s okay.” Julie just hugged her tighter. “It is gonna be alright.” Kate stepped back, looking at Julie.

“How can it be alright? I should have just walked away last night. We never should have gone to the club. I don’t know how I am gonna say goodbye…” she started crying again.

“Kate. Nick has been trying to talk to you since you came in here. He doesn’t want to say goodbye. They want to drive with us to Omaha.”
That changed Kate’s face. A smile started creeping up her face.

“How are they gonna get back?" was Kate’s response.
Julie just laughed.

“Does it really matter? They want to sit in my car with us, for the next seven hours. We will figure out the details as we go. Just get outta here and get dressed. AJ said he wanted to get on the road as soon as possible.”

Kate hugged Julie and had the door open so fast it made Julie dizzy. Nick just stood there, bare chested, and huge smile on his face.

“So, did she tel….” He didn’t get to finish. Kate’s lips were smothering his words. Julie slipped out behind them.


AJ helped Julie rearrange the trunk to be able to get everyone’s luggage in. Julie yawned deeply as Kate and Nick walked up. Kate just laughed.

“I take it you didn’t rest up last night?” She was teasing Julie, knowing full well Julie would not have gotten any sleep.

AJ flushed red when Nick started laughing.

“Alex, come on…. The poor girl is probably having problems walking this morning.”

This time, Julie’s cheeks were red.

“How about we just get in the car…” she was trying to get the subject off of her and AJ. She turned to Kate. “Do you mind driving for just a little while? I don’t think I could drive a straight line if my life depended on it.”

Kate nodded and took the keys Julie had offered. She got in and adjusted the seat and mirrors. Nick got in beside her as Julie got in behind Nick and AJ behind Kate. Julie did all she could to suppress her yawns, but they would not stop. AJ turned his body angling against the seat and the door. He pulled Julie to his chest wrapping his arms around her. She tucked her left arm under him and rested the other on his chest. Before long the two of them were fast sleep.

"So what kinda music you got?" Nick asked.
Kate blushed, "Um..."
"What?"
"Well we were going to the concerts so mostly we have NKOTBSB stuff."
"Seriously?" He said baffled.
"Yeah it put us in the mood for the shows. I have Jordan's new CD and Julie has yours but you probably are tired of hearing those songs."

"Wait, Julie has my CD? But you don't?" He asked, teasing.
Kate blushed. "Well Julie got it in Minnesota and I hadn't decided what all I was going to get and by Kansas I was hurt that you hadn't called so I just bought Jordan's."
He laughs, "Well as it happens I know a guy..."
"Really do you think he could get it autographed?"
"Probably and maybe even kissed."
Kate laughs. He is so easy to be with.
She checks her rearview mirror to see if Julie is asleep.
"Are they out?" Kate asked
Nick turned to look at them.
"Oh yeah."
"I don't think Julie slept at all."
"Must not have. I've never seen Alex fall asleep that fast. He has always had trouble sleeping.”
Kate checked the rearview again. She let out a sweet little sigh. Nick reached over to take her hand. He placed a tender kiss on her knuckles.
“What are you thinking?” He asked, staring over at her.
“I was just thinking, never in a million years would I have pictured that.”
“Pictured what?”
"Julie with AJ."
“Why?" Nick asked.
"Well she's always been such a good girl and he's always been the bad boy."
"He's not really a bad guy ya know?"

"I know I didn't mean it like that. It's just-. She's never been attracted to the kinda guy that has tattoos and piercings. Someone whose done drugs."
"So you don't think she should be with someone who has done drugs."
"No it's not that. I just-" Kate stopped herself. "Sorry apparently I'm having a bout of foot-in-mouth disease."
Nick burst out laughing.
"Foot-in-mouth, huh?"
"Yeah I thought I was recovering but apparently not." She smiled.
"So could you ever see yourself dating and ex-drug addict?" He asked more seriously.
She thought about it.
"As long as he wasn't using anymore. I don't see why not." She answered.
"I'm not."
"Your not what?" Kate asked confused.
"Using anymore."
"You did drugs?" Kate asked her heart hammering in her chest. Her Nick was a drug abuser? That's not possible! He's so athletic and way too smart to get wrapped up in that.
"Cocaine, mostly." He confessed, "I've been clean for 2 years now."
Kate swallowed hard. Her mind racing.
"So what made you want to get clean?" She asks, the words catching in her throat.
"I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. The doctor told me if I didn't clean up my act it would kill me."

Kate's eyes stung with tears. Cardiomyopathy just sounded scary. Her mind flashed to the movie Beaches. Barbara Hershey's character died of cardiomyopathy. Was Nick dying? He seemed do healthy and strong. Tears began sliding down her cheeks in earnest. Nick misunderstood her tears and released her hand. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

They drove in silence for awhile, Kate trying to process what Nick told her.
Eventually she pulled into a rest stop. She went in and washed her face. When she came back out Nick was leaning against the hood of the car. She walked up to him her arms crossed as if she was holding herself together.

"I'll understand if you don't want to be with me anymore." He said,"But I've come a long ways and I won't apologize for that."

"I'm sorry," Kate said. "It just total too me off guard. I'm glad your clean. But," She could feel the tears welling up again," I don't want to lose you."
Nick looked up at her confused
"You're not going to lose me, baby." He stood up his hand rubbing up and down her arms. She was trembling. Nick arms slid around her pulling her against him.
"Why would you think you would lose me?"
"You have cardiomyopathy. That's what Hillary died of."
"What? Whose Hillary?" He asked confused.
"In the movie Beaches, that's what the main character died of. I don't want you to die."

Nick wanted to laugh, only Kate would thing that he would be dying because of a movie. But he was so relieved that she didn't hate him for his past that he pulled her tighter kissing the top of her head.
"Kate I'm not dying."
""You're not?" she said pulling back to look up at him.
"No." He said, " I have check ups of course but my doctor says I'm doing great."
She sighed smiling up at him. "Thank God. I don't want anything to happen to you."
He smiled down at her.
"I was worried. I forget you don't really know anything about my past."
"It's not that. I've made my share of mistakes. I was just scared, images from that movie kept racing thru my head and I didn't want to to end up like that."
"I won't Honey, I promise. Are you ok now?"
Kate nodded.
"Ok then, let's get back on the road so we can get this drive over with."
Kate smiled and got back in the driver's seat.

Once back in the car Nick tried to find a radio station but since they were in the middle of no where there wasn't any. Kate laughed as he grumbled. She handed him her phone.
"Here, see if there is anything on there you'd like to listen to. If not you can see if there is reception to download from iTunes."
Nick shuffled thru her music,
"Really? You have the marcerna?"
"Hey no making fun of my music!" Kate laughed. "There's alot of good memories with that song."
He raised an eyebrow. Kate chuckled shaking her head at him.
He decided to just let her music shuffle as they cruised down the highway, although he skipped all the BSB songs.

"Penny for your thoughts" She asked when the silence was unbearable.
"I was just thinking how lucky it was that AJ saw you in the crowd that night." He says taking her hand.
"AJ? I thought you saw me at the club?"
"Well AJ saw you at the concert first."
Kate listened as he explained how he had first seen her then approached her in the club.
"Why would you pick me?" She asked.
"How could I not?"
“Well, look at me. I am not the skinny model type. I am a hard working cowgirl. I don’t wear a lot of make-up, I care nothing about fashion. I am not the type of girl that a good looking guy like you would ever pay attention to.”
“I'm looking at you. And what I see is an amazing woman, who has the kind of self-esteem to go out, just the way she is and damn what others think. I see a woman who would do anything for her best friend. A woman with a beauty and strength she doesn’t know she has.” He kissed her knuckles. “I see a down to earth woman I could easily fall in love with.”
Kate blushed, she'd never taken compliments well.
"Oh I know why your eyes are blue?" she teased,
"Why?"
"Cause all the crap falls out your mouth before it can fill up to your eyes."
"Oooo." He laughs, "That's brutal."
Kate laughs too.
"I don't get them very often but every once in a while..."

They drove on to Topeka where Nick and Kate decided to stopped for lunch. They found a quaint mom and pop restaurant off the main street where it would be less likely that the guys would be recognized.
"Well normally I would do something mean to wake AJ up but I think Julie might kick my ass." Nick commented.
Kate laughed then got a devilish grin. She grabbed her phone and turned the volume up.
The first few notes of Donnie's Rise and Grind played. Julie sat straight up, waking AJ in the process. Nick and Kate just laughed.
"WTF!" AJ exclaimed.
"Lunchtime!" Kate says cheerfully, climbing out of the car.
Julie flops backs and slides against AJ.
"Are you hungry?" He asks.
She mumbles into his chest. He chuckles.
"Come on Babe, let's be social and eat with Kate and Nick. You can sleep some more after lunch.

Kate held her hand out as Nick walked around the car. He interlaced fingers her as they walked into the restaurant.
"You think they'll come in?" Nick asked checking over his shoulder to see if Julie and AJ were coming.
"If it was just Julie probably not but I don't know about AJ."

They walked into the restaurant and chose in a booth in the back. A waitress brought them menus. They ordered drinks and looked over the menus. Julie and AJ walked in and looked around. Nick flagged them down and Kate switched sides of the table to sit next to Nick. Julie still looked half asleep when she slid into the booth before AJ.
"Morning sunshine." Kate teased.
Julie groaned.
"So where are we?" AJ asked.
"Topeka." Nick answered.
"How much further is it?" AJ asked.
"We're a little over halfway there. So about 3, 3 1/2 hours left." Kate answered.

The waitress came to take their orders and Julie asked if there was a ladies room. The waitress directed them to the back of the restaurant and Julie excused herself, taking Kate with her.
"So how ya feeling today, cowgirl?" Kate laughed as the bathroom door closed behind them.
"Tired." Julie responded.
"Totally not what I was talking about."
Julie thinks for a minute before it clicks.
"Oh that! I'm a little sore today but it was totally worth it."
I'm glad you enjoyed it."
Kate was relieved. Her only concerns were that she'd regret losing her virginity but that didn't seem to be the case.
"Did you get any sleep at all?" Kate asked.
"No. But... ah." Julie let out a sigh."It was way better than I ever thought it could be. And not to give you too much info... we did it three times. I didn't think any guy could do that."
Kate laughed.
"It is rare. But is has been known to happen. So he was good to you, then?"
Julie blushed.
"Oh yeah. And then some." She looked down at her feet. "I had one, each time." Kate knew exact what Julie meant and she laughed. AJ had ruined her. No man would ever be able to please Julie like he did.

"So any thoughts on what to do once we get them home?" Kate asked.
Julie blushed again.
"Anything but sex. I think I am gonna walk bow legged for a week." They both laughed as they walked back into the diner.

They ate lunch discussing how much trouble the guys would be in for disappearing without security.

When they had finished eating and were headed out to the car a teenage girl followed them out of the restaurant.
"Excuse me," She said timidly.
Everyone turned to look at her.
"My friends dared me to come ask you if you were the Backstreet Boys."
Nick and AJ exchanged a look.

"Yes we are, well half of them anyway." AJ told the girl.
"Can I have your autographs she said holding out a napkin and pen?"
AJ took the napkin and pen signing it before handing it to Nick.
"Do you have a camera phone?" AJ asked the girl.
She nodded.
"Well go get you're friends and we'll take a picture."
The girl was so excited she ran off without her napkin. She returned quickly with her 3 friends who all handed cameras and phones to Kate and Julie.
The girls were full of questions for the guys that they happily answered while the pictures were being taken.
"Well I'm sorry girls but we have to go. But it was nice meeting you." Nick said as he moved toward the car.
"That was really sweet." Julie said as the 4 of them climbed in. She had offered to drive but Kate insisted they rest more.
"Besides," Kate said, "I don't think Nick's long legs will fit in the back of your car."

Once they were back on the road they talked about that the plan was.
The guys had found a flight to St Louis on Wednesday morning, the same time Kate had to leave. When Nick asked what the plan was when they got into town, Julie laughed.

"I had planned to take Kate to a karaoke bar. But I am not sure that is such a good idea now."
Nick smiled big.
"Oh, I don't know. I would love to hear her sing again."

AJ kissed Julie on the cheek.
"Would you be singing too?" he asked.
"As long as you don't make fun of me. I love to get up and sing but I am no good. It's just for fun."
"You're so full of crap." Kate said. "You sing just fine."
"I'm not as good as you and I'm certainly not as good as these guys."
"We're professionals," Nick said
"And I was in choirs my whole life and took voice lessons But that doesn't mean you can't sing." Kate said.
"Please," AJ said, "Do it for me?"
How could she say no to those sweet puppy dog eyes.
"Oh all right but you've been warned." She said.

There was only three hours left on their trip. Julie and AJ stayed awake, the group just talking about everything and nothing.
Julie warned the guys about her cats. Nick let her know he was mildly allergic to cats. She promised to keep the cats out of the guest room Kate was staying in.

 

Chapter 8 - Omaha by Dark-Hunter

 

Omaha

As they pulled into Julie's neighborhood, she let out a sigh of relief. She was so glad to see her house. It had been a very long weekend. Although she wouldn't change it, she realized how tired she really was.
They pulled onto the driveway and Julie opened the garage. All she could think about was how dirty the catbox was, if there was any dirty clothes on the floor, anything that would be bad.
Kate must have sensed her though pattern. She stepped up to Julie and whispered in her ear.
"It's too late to worry about anything. He has already fallen for you. I don't think anything will matter."
Julie just smiled at her friend and they all entered the house.

Jasper was the first cat to meet them at the door. Julie picked him up for a kiss and he went straight to her shoulder. Julie didnt let him up there often but she had been gone for four days so she let him up. AJ just laughed as the cat looked at him defiantly. The cat was telling AJ he was alpha. Not the human.

Julie quickly gave a tour of her two story house. They walked in the foyer and past the dining room. She showed them her living room and kitchen before moving upstairs. There where three room upstairs. The one at the very top of the stairs was her office. Across the hall was the guest room, and where Kate, and now Nick, would be staying. Just further down the hall was the master suite. Julie blushed when she showed them. She would be sharing her bed with AJ for the next few nights. It was one thing making love to him at a hotel. But in her own bed? Once he left, she would always have the memories. Everytime she would walk onto the room, she would remember. It made her chest hurt thinking about it.

They guys offered to go to the car and bring in the luggage. While they were out, Kate turned to Julie.
"So... What's the plan?" Kate asked.
Julie looked at her watch "Well it's about 7 so I figure that gives us a couple of hours to clean up and get ready to go out. Karaoke doesnt start till 9."
"Sounds good." Kate said.

Kate met Nick back in the guest room. She walked up behind him as he set the bags down. She wrapped her arms around his waist leaning against his back.
"How ya doing, baby?" He asked placing his arms over hers.
Kate sighed, "Tired actually."
He turned in her arms. She tilted her head back to look at him.
"We don't have to go out you know. I'm perfectly happy just being here with you."
She smiled.
"You are so sweet. No it's ok I'll be fine. I'll just have a red bull when we get there."
"When are we leaving?"
"Not for a couple of hours."
"Why don't you rest for awhile?"
She looked longingly at the bed.
"That is so tempting. But what are you going to do while I sleep?"
"Oh I don't know I thought I might do something crazy like join you."
Kate smiled.
"Ok you talked me into it. But just for like an hour." She said.

Kate stepped down the hall to Julie's room. She didn't see Julie but AJ was sitting on the bed, flipping channels on tv. He looked over at Kate as she walked in.
"Hey Nick and I are going to rest for about an hour, k?"
"Sure." AJ smiles.
Kate turns to walk back to the room but stops and turns back AJ.
"I wanted to say thanks." Kate said
He looks confused.
"I know Julie was scared about her first time and she is so happy and I know that's thanks to you."
He looked down at the remote before meeting Kate's eyes again.
"I really care for her, ya know."
"I know. Me too." Kate said smiling and heading back to her room.

Nick was already stretched out on the right side of the bed when Kate walked in.
"Scoot over." She told him.
He looked confused.
"I can lay on my right shoulder for a long period of time."
"Why not?" He asked as he scooted over.
She grabbed a light weight blanket out of the seat at the end of the bed.
"Ever since I broke my collar bone it makes my shoulder ache if I lay on it to long." She explained as she crawled onto the bed throwing the blanket over them. She rested in the crook of his arm, her head on his chest.
He wanted to know how she broke her collar bone but he knew there would be time for that later.
He lay quietly, running his fingers through her silky smooth hair. It was so soft, just like her. She put on a tough girl image but underneath she was just as vulnerable as anyone else.

Julie worked quickly to get her chores done. She left AJ in her room while she cleaned the cat box and started a load of laundry. When she walked into her room, a basket of clean laundry in her arms, she smiled when she found him asleep, Jasper curled up between AJ's knees. She set the basket down and headed to the kitchen.

Julie went through her freezer until she found what she was looking for. She got started on cooking. She wasn't the least bit tired and wanted everyone to have something home cooked to eat when they woke up.

Nick came down the stairs first. He smiled at Julie when he walked into the kitchen. The smell of hot biscuits filled the air. Julie was at the stove stirring something in a large pot.

"You didn't have to cook. We could have gone out to eat."
Julie smiled at him.
"I know. But growing boys need good homecooking."
Nick laughed.
"I think I am done growing."
At 6'1" he towered over them all. He didn't need to grow anymore. He looked over her shoulder to see she was making home made chicken noodles soup. "I do appreciate the thought. And it smells really good."

Before long they were all sitting around Julie's kitchen table eating. Kate suggested the girls get changed before they headed out. AJ had one request.
"Do you have any more 50's style dresses?"
Julie blushed.
"Yeah. I have a few. Why?"
"Would you wear one for me? And the red thing underneath?" Julie smiled and nodded. She had a yellow halter style dress with a red rose at the waist that was fashioned after the style of 1957 prom dresses. The red petticoat and her red heels would go great with it.

Kate changed as well. She had brought a summer dress to wear out for Julie's birthday. It was a white dress with black trim and black floral designs on it. It had a v neck line and wide shoulder straps. She wore the black petticoat underneath to make the skirt look fuller. Black satin shoes with lace trim complemented it.

"Wow I feel under dressed." Nick said as the girls walked downstairs.

He was wearing dark washed blue jeans a black muscle tank top and his blue long sleeve button down shirt that was completely unbuttoned. He also wore his black fedora because he knew Kate liked it.

AJ was wearing black faded jeans, a gray t-shirt with skull and cross bones, Black hoodie and his black ascot hat.

"I think you look great." Kate told Nick. "Besides I don't want you turning too many girls heads. I want to keep you for myself."

"Well shall we go?" Julie asked.

They piled into Julie's car again and head to Sundowners. As they walked in AJ groaned. Nick laughed.
"What?" Julie asked.
"You brought me to a country bar?" He asked.
Kate and Julie looked around. There was a small stage about 3 feet of the floor and a large wooden dance floor in front of it. Table surrounded the dance floor and there was a large bar in the back.
"It doesn't look like a country bar to me." Julie said.
AJ pointed up in the air indicating the music.
Kate laughed, "What's the matter AJ? Are you a little out of your element?"
He grimaced. Nick put a brother arm around AJ.
"Look on the bright side. We probably won't get recognized here."
"And it'll be fun. Come on try something new." Kate said leading the way to a table.
The place was pretty empty and most of the patrons were sitting close to the stage. Kate chose a table next to the dance floor but closer to the back of the room so they'd have some privacy.
A waitress came up and took their drink orders while they watched a couple of singers.
"So you gonna go sing?" AJ asked the girls.
"I wonder if they have a book?" Kate asked.
"It looks like it." Julie said, "There are some on other tables."
"Well go get us one." Kate prodded.
Julie walked up to the karaoke host. He gave her a couple of books to bring back to the table along with some slips to fill out. They all browsed thru the books. Kate had a stack of slips in no time.
"How many you planning on singing?" Nick laughed, thumbing through her slips.
"Well at home I just make a list and my brother decides what I'm singing as the night goes on. So I guess tonight you can pick. Well everything but my warm up song."
"You have a warm up song?" AJ asked.
"Yeah I always sing It's My Party first. It gets me comfortable with the audience because I don't need the words."
Kate went and turned in a slip for her and Julie.
"So are you guys going to sing tonight?" Julie asked.
They exchanged a look.
"We sing every night." Nick explained. "This is our night off."
"True. Good point." Julie said, "ya know we could go somewhere else."
"Nah this is fine. Like Nick said we won't be recognized." AJ said
"Won't you be bored just sitting here?" Julie asked.
"Well we do have you to keep us company." He smiled at her.

Kate walked back up to the table.
"So I talked to the DJ and he said that since there isn't a very big crowd he usually goes thru the rotation then plays a few songs, then does more karaoke."
"Cool so we can dance!" Julie said.
"Yup! And I requested a few songs." Kate says proudly.
"Did you request our song?" Julie says with a devilish grin.
"Duh!" Kate laughs.
"And what song would that be?" AJ asks.
"Oh I think you'll just have to wait and find out." Julie said.

The next singer sang Brand New Man by Brooks and Dunn. Julie squealed and jumped up. Kate leaned over kissing Nick's cheek.
"Gotta go dance."
Nick and AJ watched as the girls danced the cowboy cha cha. Nick couldn't take his eyes off Kate. The joy on her face brought a smile to his.
The girls returned to the table slightly out of breath, laughing. The DJ called Kate up to sing.
"Of course!" Kate says taking quick drink before heading up to sing.

Just a few notes into the song, the crowd fell into a hush. Kate’s beautiful voice had most of the room captivated. Even the bartender stopped to listen. Kate was so into her song, she did not even realize almost everyone was listening to her. When it was over, the crowd cheered. Julie shrank back in her chair. She hated going after Kate. She felt her voice was inadequate to begin with. But the DJ called her name and she slowly walked up to the stage.

“Time after Time” started playing. It was one song she could lose herself in. She didn’t care how badly or good it sounded, it was the words she became lost in. When it was over, she blushed at the applause she got and quickly moved to sit next to AJ. He reached over and took her hand.

“It wasn’t nearly as bad as you had me thinking it would be,” he whispered in her ear, sending goosebumps over her skin.
“It was bad enough,” she replied. He kissed her softly
“No, it wasn’t. Will you sing again?”
“Yeah, but next one is a belter. You might wanna go outside when I sing that one.” She smiled at him, letting him know she was slightly teasing. But only slightly.

The girls were able to dance a few more times, when someone sang a country song they knew. One woman, who was truly amazing, sang ‘Any Man of Mine’. As soon as the first note hit, Kate was outta her seat, grabbing at Julie. Julie did not recognize the song right away, it took her a moment, and then a wide smile splayed across her face. They moved to the center of the dance floor, facing the guys.

Neither guy had ever seen the Sleazy Slide and were quite shocked when the girls kicked up high, Julie’s red petticoat flaring up. The girl’s moves drove the guys crazy. Not only Nick and AJ, but most of the other guys in the bar as well. They returned to the table, out of breath. Nick slid his arm over Kate’s shoulder, pulling her in tight.
“Wow. We could go home now. I really won’t mind.” Kate laughed, but as it happened before, the DJ called her to sing right after dancing.
“I gotta go sing now, but soon. We have one more dance for you.” She moved quickly to the stage, leaving Nick wondering what could be better than what he just saw.

Kate sang Can't Fight the Moonlight from Coyote Ugly.

Julie knew she would be next. As Kate was finishing up, Julie turned to AJ.
“You really might want to go outside now. This is not gonna be pretty."
“Is it gonna fun? For you?”
“Um. Yeah. I like to sing this one. But it never sounds very good.” He kissed her sweetly.
“I am sure you will do just fine. I am not going outside. I will sit right here and support you. Terrible sounding or not.” They both laughed and she headed up to sing.

Julie sang ‘What’s Going On’ by 4 Non Blondes. She pushed with her vocals, causing her voice to be overpowering. For once, she had stopped the crowd. They turned to see the 50’s house wife belting out a song sang by a group of brunette tattooed smokers. It was a little shocking.

Julie was proud of herself as she walked back to the table. She only went off key twice. And it was the same spot she always went sour on. When she sat down, AJ put his arms her.
“How did you know I love that song?” He asked her.
“I didn’t. I just happen to like that song. It’s the only one I can get really loud with and not kill it too bad.” They both laughed before he pulled her closer to him, so he could kiss her better.

The DJ took a break to play a few songs. When Sweet Home Alabama came on Kate dragged Nick on to the dance floor. They were having so much fun goofing off that AJ decided that he and Julie should join them. The 4 of them danced having a blast. As the music changed to Crazier by Taylor Swift the guys pulled the girls in for a slow dance. Kate sang softly to Nick as he gazed down into her soft green eyes.

"Will you sing a song with me?" Julie asked AJ.
"What song?" He asked suspiciously.
"Summer Nights from Grease." She smiled, "I love that song but I never have a guy to sing with."
He smiled back at her. She was so unexpected. All the songs they could sing together and she wanted that one.
"Oh alright." He said trying to sound like it was a big inconvenience.

When the song ended a new round of karaoke started. Someone sang Trouble by Travis Tritt. Kate pulled Nick back out for a fast swing dance.
"That looks like fun!" Julie said.
"Well come on!" AJ said leading her back to the dance floor.

Soon it was Kate's turn to sing again. When she belted out the first few notes of It's In His Kiss by Cher there were cheers from the audience.

"Whoa!" Nick said.
"I know she's good, huh?" Julie commented.
"Has she ever tried to go pro?" he asked.
"No she doesn't think she's good enough."
"She is." Nick said his eyes riveted on Kate.

Kate was heading back to the table when Julie's name was called.
"Come on," Julie said, "We're all doing this one."
"What are we singing?" Kate asked.
"Summer Nights." Julie said leading the way to the stage.
The DJ had 4 mics. The guys put their own twist to the song.

A few more singers went up before the DJ called out he had a special request for some pretty ladies to dance to. Before the music even started, Kate had Julie on the dance floor. She knew he was talking about them.
Julie and Kate started the dance they had choreographed it.
"Shit!" Nick muttered.
"I agree." AJ said.
They joined the girls after the chorus.
Kate was so hot and bothered by dancing with Nick all she could think was to get him alone somewhere. He had dirty dancing moves she had never heard of.

Out of breath they all returned to the table.
"Let's get outta here." AJ said.
"I couldn't agree more." Nick said.


 

Chapter 9 - Midnight by Dark-Hunter

 

Midnight

 

As they stepped outside the humidity assaulted them.
"Ugh! How do you live in this heat?" Nick complained. "It's Midnight and just as hot as during the day."
"I have a pool." Julie said, conspiratorially.
"Oooo yeah!" Kate replied.

They drove to Julie's house with a quickness that should have gotten them pulled over.
Once Julie merged on the highway, she glanced in her rear view mirror to see Kate and Nick were making out in the backseat.
"Get a room." Julie said. Kate's lips left Nick long enough to laugh and reply.
"I have one. I'm just not there yet."

Julie pulled in the driveway but did not go to unlock the front door. Instead, she led them to the back yard.

Her in-ground pool was kidney shaped, with the deep end at the right end. There was a slide in the middle and small solar lights around the landscaping against the fence.

Kate turned to Julie and asked,
"Swimsuits?"
"You know the rules." Julie teased.
"Rules?" Nick asked, quite curious that these two seemingly sweet girls would have rules.

Kate turned to him, smiling a devilish smile.
"No clothes after midnight."
A big grin crossed his face.
"I like these rules." He said pulling of his shirts, looking only at Kate as he let the fabric fall to the deck.

Kate watched lustfully as he removed his pants, diving in the water his boxer briefs still on. She didn't look to see what Julie and AJ were doing. She watched as he slipped his boxers off and tossed the wet bundle out of the pool to land at her feet.
Kate quickly undressed and joined him in the cool water.

AJ lead Julie to the shallow end of the pool. He was grateful the pool lights were not on. He didn't want to share. He knew Nick had no interest and wouldn't look, but still. He pulled her into his arms kissing her as his fingers searched for her zipper. He found it under her arm and slowly slid it down.
Julie was nervous. She and Kate had joked about the no clothes rule but they'd never done it. Now, here she was, with AJ McLean about to get naked on her pool.

AJ's hands were gentle as they untied the halter top of her dress. He let the dress fall leaving her breasts exposed. He leaned down, kissing them softly as he helped her step out of the skirt and red petticoat. She stood there in only her red thong and red heels. The light from the very small solar lamps behind her only illuminated her shape.
AJ sucked in his breath as he stood up, looking at her.

She stepped out of her heels as he pulled his shirt over his head taking his hat with it. Julie's hands went to his chest, her lips seeking his. Her hands slid down, unfastening his belt buckle and then his pants. He kicked off his shoes allowing her to remove his pants.

He took her hand and lead her down the steps into the cool dark water, both of them with the undies still on.

At the other end of the pool Nick and Kate were playing. Kate had carefully slid into the water. She was immediately greeted by a splash to the face from Nick.
"Oh you asked for it.". She said swimming towards him. He allowed her to push his head under water.
He popped up in front of her tickling her. She squealed pushing away from him and diving under the water. She swam toward the shallow end surfacing half way down the pool.
"Hey keep it down!" Julie scolded.
"It's not my fault." Kate said innocently. She looked over to see Julie in AJ's arms. She quickly swam back to the other end of the pool to give them some privacy.


Julie had her arms wrapped around AJ, her breasts being shielded by his chest. The water was warm but all she wanted to do was go upstairs and make love to him. She didn't think she would want to for a while but seeing him wet, made her body change its mind. He let her go long enough to be able to fully emerge himself in the water. When he came up for air, his back was to her. She took the opportunity to jump on him. He was caught of guard and almost flung her off his body. But when he grabbed her, he pulled her around to face him. Not knowing her fear, he threw himself forward into the water taking her with him.

Julie clawed at him, trying to get back above the surface of the water. As soon as her head broke thru she moved away from him to sit on the stairs.
"Baby! What is wrong?" He asked concerned.
Julie coughed, trying to calm her breathing.
"I can't swim." She sputtered.
He tried not to laugh. He could see the fear in her eyes.
"My brother tried to drown me when I was little. I still have a great fear of my head being under water."
AJ felt so bad that he had scared her. He swam over to her, his knees resting on the bottom o the pool at the bases of the stairs. He cupped her face in his hands making her look up at him.
"I'm so sorry Jewels, I didn't know. Forgive me?"
She nodded. He leaned in kissing her. She slid her arms around his neck and he pulled her off the step holding her so her head and shoulders were above the water.

Kate swam to the far corner. There was no moon that night but the stars were beautiful. Kate rested her arms on the corner of the pool gazing up at them as Nick swam up behind her. He pulled her body up against his she could feel his erection pressing up against her buttocks. She leaned her head back on his shoulders.
"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Nick whispered in her ears.
Kate smiled as he kissed her neck and shoulder. She was so content she could stay here with him forever.
His hands began to explore her under the water. Kate choked back the cries of pleasure that threatened to reveal what they were doing.
"Let's go inside." She panted.
"As you wish."
They jumped out of the pool and streaked to the house. But the door was still locked. Kate ran over to where Julie had dropped her purse on the table on the deck and quickly found her keys. She had the door opened quickly as Nick just laughed at her urgency. Kate teased Nick as she ran up the stairs.
"First one in bed wins!"
Nick was never one to back down from a challenge, caught her at the top of the stairs, swinging her up into his arms. He carried her into the bed.

"Guess they wanted to be alone." Julie said.
"Good. Now we have the pool all to ourselves."
"And what do you propose we do with that?" Julie said wrapping her body around AJ 's.
"I was thinking now would be a good time for a swimming lesson."
Julie pulled back confused.
"Are you serious?" She said stunned.
"Yes. I don't want you to be afraid of the water."
Julie groaned.
"Look I'm hoping to bring you to my house to visit, but where I live in California, we spend a lot of time in the water."
Julie pouted. She'd been hoping to fool around like Kate and Nick had been and now she had to learn to swim.
"No pouting or you won't get your reward." AJ said sounding a little too much like a teacher.
“I can float and doggie paddle. I just don’t like to have my face in the water. I can get by.”
He scoffed and made her show him what she could do.

First he had her float on her back. He was mesmerized by her breasts jutting out of the water; he had to keep himself in check. He then showed her how to blow out her nose while underwater to avoid getting water up her nose. He taught her how to swim like a frog and the breath stroke.
She was getting rather tired but she defiantly felt more comfortable in the water. AJ was a patient teacher and never made her feel bad for being scared.

"You ready to go in?" He asked.
"Yeah. I'm starving." Julie said.

They climbed out of the pool and Julie retrieved a couple of towels that she kept in the pool shed on the deck, up against the house. They wrapped towels around themselves and grabbed their clothes as they went in.

Julie fixed them a snack but her towel wasn't cooperating and kept falling off. She finally gave up laying it on the counter. AJ watched her move around the kitchen completely naked, her hair still dripping wet.

When she joined him at the table he pulled her into his lap. She fed him bites of cheese and crackers and some pepperoni.
"Can you just stay here forever?" Julie said dreamily.
"I wish I could. I think people would notice if I disappeared off the tour entirely."
"Are you really going to be in trouble when you get back?" She asked concerned.
"No we told them we were taking off for a few days and would meet the tour in St Louis."
"I don't want you to go."
"Me either, but we'll make the most of tomorrow and I'll call you from the tour."
She groaned.
"Now, now. No pouting or you won't get your reward."

Julie looked at him with a great curiosity. His hand slid inside her thigh, setting her body on fire. She leaned back against him. He spread his legs, pushing hers apart in the process. He explored her as she relaxed in his arms her breathing becoming more rapid. Her fingers dug into his arm. Finally she couldn't take it anymore. She stood up pulling his towel loose as he got to his feet, intending to lead him upstairs. AJ pulled her close his erection grinding against her taunting her. He backed her up to the wall, hiking one of her legs up on his hip as he dipped down, sliding up inside her. Julie moaned as he began to move in her. He pressed her harder against the wall, getting leverage he pulled her other leg up. Julie came almost immediately. She tried not to cry out at the pleasure coursing thru her. AJ sped up his pace until he joined her.

"We may need to go cool off in the pool again." He laughed setting her back on her feet.
Julie laughed.
“I think a shower would be more appropriate.”

Kate lay on Nick's chest, his breathing still rapid from their lovemaking. She listened to his heartbeat. The sound was so comforting to her.
"You ok?" He said stroking her hair.
"Perfect." She sighed.
She could still feel him inside her. How she dreaded returning home to the job she hated. Would she see Nick again? Or was this all just a dream? She hadn't noticed that tears were sliding down her cheeks until Nick pulled her up to face him.
"What is it?"
"Sorry." Kate apologized.
"You can't tell me you didn't enjoy that, because it was...amazing."
Kate chuckled, sliding off him to his right.
"Yes it was."
"So what then?"
"I don't want to go home."
Nick was confused. He couldn't wait to get home and sleep in his own bed.
"Why not?"
"You won't be there."
He laughed, "I have a tour to finish, baby. It's my job. You have to go back to your job too."
"I know."
"Are you worried about us?" He asked. She nodded against his shoulder.
"Well, don't be. I will come see you the first chance I get."
"Really?" Kate said
"Of course. What did you think this was? Some kind of extended one night stand or something?"
She felt so stupid but that was exactly what she had been thinking.
"Katy, I'm not going anywhere. It'll be hard to do the long distance thing, but we'll figure it out."
"You'd do that for me?" she said, still puzzled.
He pulled her back to look at her.
"Kate I love you. I'd do anything for you."
Kate thought her heart would burst.
"I love you too. But-"
He put a finger to her lips.
"Let's not spoil the rest of our trip together worrying about the future. Let's enjoy tomorrow and we'll figure out, ok?"
"Ok."
"So what should we do tomorrow?" He asked trying to get her mind off the fact that they be separated for so long.
"I don't know. I'd be quite content in this bed all day."
"Me too." He said kissing her and snuggling up. They were both quickly asleep.


Julie let the water run over her, washing away the last of AJ from her body. Her shower was very small, only a one person shower. AJ was an angel and let her go first. She was quick to wash the chlorine from her hair and skin. When she stepped out, he held a towel for her. Since he had no hair, AJ’s time in the shower was much shorter. Before long they were in her bed, curled up together.

AJ was asleep in no time. Julie on the other hand, could not fall asleep. All she could think about was the fact that in less than 36 hours, AJ would be walking out of her life. She didn’t know what would happen next. Sure, they might get to see each other every so often, but what kind of relationship was that.

 

Chapter 10 - Riding by Dark-Hunter

 

Riding

Julie tossed and turned all night, not really getting much sleep. When the sun rose, she was the first out of bed. She tried reading for a while but couldn't concentrate.
When Kate came downstairs an hour later they decided to get started on making breakfast for everyone.
They decided to make pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs.

As they cooked they talked.
"I can't believe you are going home tomorrow." Julie said.
"I know. It's been quite a week hasn't it." Kate replied.
"Yeah. You really think they'll keep in touch?"
"Nick said he would. All I can do is trust him."
"True. And speak of the devil."
Kate turned to see Nick coming downstairs rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Hey Baby, did we wake you?" Kate asked.
"No, I woke up in an empty bed and had to make sure you hadn't run off." He smirked.
"You want some breakfast?" She said walking over to kiss his forehead.
“Any chance of coffee, too?” he asked, as his arms snaked around Kate.

Julie started her Keurig coffee maker. She didn’t drink coffee, mostly tea and cocoa, but she bought a box of Gloria Jean Mocha Coffee for Kate. Nick laughed when he saw the flavor.
“Really? Fru fru coffee? Don’t you have any real coffee?” He teased.
“This is real coffee… just chocolate flavored.” Kate replied.
She helped him get the machine going. He had never seen a Keurig coffee maker before. Within minutes of Nick getting his coffee, a very tired AJ stumped down the steps.

“Had a rough night did we?” Nick teased, as AJ walked with little energy to the table. He plopped down in the open chair next to Nick.
“Maybe,” he said, smiling over at Julie, who was fixing him a cup of joe. Kate brought the food over to the table as Julie got plates.

“So, what is the plan for today?” Nick asked, a little too cheery for AJ’s tastes. He scowled at him.
“Can we just stay here?” He asked.
“If we were at my place, we would be horseback riding.” Kate pointed out.
“That’s a great idea,” Julie chimed in. “There is a really neat place about an hour south of here that does riding. It’s at a reservoir.”

Kate looked over at Nick. He looked genuinely interested.
“I would love to see my little cowgirl show me what she’s made of.”
Kate laughed, "Yeah I'll be the only one not sore tonight.”

She looked over at Julie who was blushing profusely. Julie was thinking of something entirely different. Kate understood and started laughing. Nick caught on and joined in, but AJ was still too much asleep to get the joke and sat there confused.

After breakfast Kate called down to find out about horseback riding. She found out that they could rent the horses for a half a day and take a picnic with them.
Julie packed a picnic lunch in a beautiful basket that even had wine glasses in it.
Kate looked at Julie incredulously.
"What?" Julie asked.
"Wine glasses?"
"I had a bottle sparkling apple cider." She explains.
"Ok... But you know we won't be taking that basket with us right?"
"Why not?"
"Because we can't exactly strap it to the back of a horse. They'll have saddle bags for us."
Julie looked disappointed.
"Why don't we just bring capri suns for lunch and we'll fix a nice dinner tonight and have the apple cider with that?" Kate said trying to make her feel better, "Besides anything carbonated is going to get all shook up on horseback."
"Ok you have a point there."

They headed out all dressed in jeans and good shoes for riding. The guys wore tennis shoes since they didn't have boots.
Kate wore blue jeans with flaps over the back pockets and layered her white sports bra with her melon colored top that brought out the darkness of her skin.
Julie wore dark washed jeans and a bright pink tank top and black lace up cowgirl boots.

"So I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid. What should I do?" Nick asked Kate as they rode in the back seat.
"Well seeing as these are rentable horses I'm thinking they are all bomb proof but just keep your butt in the middle and you'll be fine."
"Don't worry Nick, Kate's a good teacher. She'll make a cowboy out of you in no time." Julie said.
AJ laughed, "If you start spouting y'all on the tour we'll know who to blame."
"Hey I've been saying y'all a lot longer than I've owned horses." Kate said defending herself.

They found the ranch with no problems. The 4 of the walked to the barn to get checked in.
Kate saw a person cleaning a stall in the back and called out to them.
"Good Mornin'"
"Mornin'" He called back, leaning his pitch fork against the wall and coming out. He was tall and broad shouldered with dark brown hair and eyes.
"How can I help you?" He asked his eyes never leaving Kate.
"I called this morning about renting some horses for a couple of hours." Kate explained.
"Oh yes," He said recalling the phone call. "Is this going to be a guided tour, a trail ride or do you want to free reign?"
"What's the difference?" Julie asks.
He looks at her for the first time and turns back to Kate to answer.
"A trail ride is a specific trail lead by a guide. A guided tour you can choose where you want to go but a guide accompanies you in case of problems or to help new riders."
"And a free reign?" Kate asks oblivious to the fact that this cowboy is trying to flirt with her.
"That's where you can take off on your own. But we only recommend that for experienced riders."
"Well I've owned horses for 11 years now so I guess I qualify. I assume your horses are pretty much bomb proof?" She asks.
He's surprised by her boldness. Of course he knew she could ride, one look at her boots told him that but the fact that she was confident enough to take 2 greenhorns on strange horses said she must be a good rider.
"Yes, of course. Well if you'll just come with me I just have some paperwork for ya then we'll get y'all saddled up."
Nick missed none of the exchange. He saw the way this cowboy was looking at Kate and it made his blood boil. He kept his temper in check though because he knew this was something Kate wanted to do.

The cowboy gave them each some paperwork to fill out and went to saddle some horses.
Kate finished her paperwork and went to help with the horses. Nick hurried to finish his paperwork so he could catch up to Kate.

"So how long have you been riding," The cowboy asked her as they brushed down the horses.
"Almost 12 years now." Kate answered.
She saw Nick walk up.
"Hey handsome, you want to learn how to groom a horse."
"Sure." He said.
"He's riding this one, right?" Kate asked the cowboy, pointing to a 16 hand black gelding with a white blaze and socks.
The cowboy nodded to her. Kate picked up a metal curry comb and handed it to Nick.
"So first we comb them with the metal curry, it takes the mud off and looses the shedding hair. Always brush with the grain."
She watched him for a moment before grabbing another brush and working on the horse next to his. When he finished both sides she taught him how to use a rubber curry to work the dirt and loose hair off. Julie and AJ watched as they worked.
"Hey you missed a spot!" AJ teased Nick.
"Hey at least I'm learning not standing around waiting for everything to be done for me." Nick retorts.

Kate has her horse brushed and saddled by the time Nick has his horse brushed. She shows him how to saddle his horse and they are soon ready to go.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Kate said. "Can we use some saddle bags to pack our lunch in?"

The cowboy grabs a couple of saddle bags, strapping them to Kate and Julie's horses. They soon had their lunch packed and swung up into the saddle.
The cowboy gave Kate a map of the trails and suggested a couple of picnic spots.

They rode for an hour. The guys still trying to get comfortable in the saddle.
"Relax." Kate said. "You're too tense. Your horse isn't going to do anything but walk down the trail."
Nick tried to relax but it was hard. He wanted to be good at this for her but he really had no idea what he was doing.
"So Kate," AJ asks, "How did you learn so much about horses?"
"Well I always liked them and wanted one. And after my dad bought Elbe for me I just really had to learn. I bought books and listened to everyone I knew that had horses."
"Do you just ride for fun?" He asked.
"Yeah I have friends that have horses and sometime we haul our horses out to parks to ride or we just ride each other's."
"I thought maybe you rodeoed or something."
"No, I know how to run barrels and pole bend but I was never really fast at it."

Julie suggested they find a place to set up their picnic.
They found a grassy hill overlooking the reservoir with plenty of shade trees to tie the horses to.
"Jewels? Would you tie up the horses? I want to run her a little" Kate asked patting her red appaloosa mare.
"Sure no problem."

Kate turned her horse and walked a ways away from the other horses before kicking her up to a canter. Nick watched as she sped away. When she was out of sight he walked back over to help AJ and Julie get the picnic set up.
"She really loves it doesn't she?" He asked Julie.
"Yeah. Horses are a big part of her life. And they aren't a cheap hobby either. She busts her butt to support and take care of hers."
"How many does she have?" He asked.
"Just 2 right now. But I think she's planning on breeding her mare again."
"She's done it before?"
"Yeah but the baby broke his leg and had to be put down."
"Oh that's sad."
"She took it really hard too. Like it was somehow her fault. It wasn't of course the vet said he probably got kicked by one of the big horses."

Kate came galloping back up. Her hair was swept back from her face and she was out breath.
"Did you have fun?" Nick asked, smiling up at her.
"Yeah, she can move." Kate said dismounting. She tied her horse to the closest tree and joined them for the picnic.

They were done eating and just sitting around talking when Kate's horse started moving restlessly. Kate looked over just as the horse reared up striking the air. She grabbed the pocket knife she always kept clipped in her boot when riding and jumped up running to the horse.

The horse had come down and was rearing up a Kate reached her. She couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was talking calmly to the horse. Nick, Julie and AJ sat transfixed.
When Kate pulled on the rope she realized the horse had pulled the slip knot too tight when she had reared.

When the horse went up for a 3rd time she saw it. There was a snake in the tree. She flipped open her knife and grabbed the reigns. As she cut thru the leather the horse's foot struck out catching Kate across her left wrist. As she sliced thru the reigns, the horse spun and raced away.
Nick jumped o his feet.
"Are you ok?" He asked concerned.
"Yeah I'm fine." Kate lied.
"What was wrong with it?" He said watching the horse disappear across the field.
"There is a snake in the tree." Kate explained.
Julie jumped up, "Well that's my cue to leave. I don't do snakes."
"Should we all walk back since you don't have a horse to ride?" Nick asks.
"No I'll just double up with you." She said.
Julie and AJ packed the picnic into Julie's saddle bags. Kate swung up into the saddle hooking her elbow on the saddle horn. Nick noticed she did something different but he wasn't sure what since he hadn't really paid attention the first time
"Can you come around and mount on this side?" Kate asked Nick.
"Uh... Sure. But only if you tell me how."
Kate smiles instructing him to use the saddle horn and pommel to pull himself up. She put the stirrup behind her foot holding it back so he could use it to step up with. Once he was settled behind her they headed back to the ranch.

Kate tried to ignore the throbbing in her wrist. She glanced down. No blood that was good. She wanted to feel it to see if it was broken but she didn't want to draw attention to it. No she'd cowgirl up and deal with it. She didn't want anything to spoil her last day with Nick. So she just let her hand rest lightly on the saddle horn.

By the time the made it back to the barn Kate was pale and had a sheen of sweat over her face.
Julie explained what had happened to the horse while Nick helped Kate down.
"Honey are you ok? You don't look good." Nick asked concern in his voice.
"Just what every girl wants to hear from her boyfriend." She laughed.
"I just need to go to the ladies room."

Nick watched as she walked away. AJ came over after observing he exchange from a distance.
"She ok?" He asked.
"She says so but she doesn't look like it. You don't think that snake bit her do you?"
"No... Couldn't be. She's have rushed us back." AJ replied.
"Maybe but she looked like she might collapse."
"She was defiantly green." AJ agreed. "Hey Jewels?"
"Yeah." She said walking over.
"We need you to go check on Kate."

Panic started to rise up in Julie.
"Why?! Where is she?"
"Ladies room." Nick replied.
"She just didn't look like she felt well." AJ said trying calm her.

Julie walked into the ladies room. There were 2 stalls in it.
"Kate?"
"What?" Kate said her voice sounding odd.
Julie looked under the stalls. She could see the back of Kate's head.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"Going to the bathroom."
"With your head between your legs? How's that working out for ya?" Julie laughed.
"I'm just trying not to pass out."
"Why are you going to pass out?"
"I think I broke my wrist."
"How?!"
"That horse struck me while I was trying to cut it free."
"We better get you to the hospital then." Julie said calmly.
"No it's probably just bruised and I only have a few hours left with Nick."
"Ok well come out of there and let me look at it at least."
It took Kate a couple of minutes to get her pants back up one handed.
When she came out she extended her left arm to Julie. The swelling was obvious. And it was turning purple around the edges.
"Yeah you're going to the hospital." Julie said with a motherly tone.

Kate grimaced. She hated hospital. Especially when it was for her. Julie led her back out to the guys.
She had a little more color now but Nick was still worried. He looked at Julie since Kate wouldn't make eye contact.
"She may have a broken wrist." Julie announced.
"Thanks Jewels." Kate said sarcastically.
"Hey if you weren't gonna tell them someone had to." she said proud of herself.
Kate smiled leave it to her best friend to announce bad news like she'd just won the lottery. She looked up into Nick's gray eyes.
"I'm ok Baby. Some ice and advil and ill be fine." she says trying to put his mind at ease.
"Let me see.". He said holding out a hand.
She extended hers to him. It took everything she's had not to pull away. His gentle touch sending searing pain through her.
"Yeah you're going to the hospital." He said, "Why didn't you tell me you were hurt?"
She looked at her boots. "I didn't want you to think horses were dangerous and not want to ride anymore."
He wanted to pull her into a hug but since she had laid her wrist across her tummy he held back.
"Come on," He said wrapping an arm around her back. "Let's go get that checked out."

 

Chapter 11 - ER by Dark-Hunter

 

ER

They sat at the ER for over an hour without anyone acknowledging they were waiting. Julie was starting to get irate. She began pacing.
"Jewels, please come sit down." AJ asked, reaching for her.
"I can't believe it's taking so long! What is wrong with these people? Can't the see she's hurt?" Julie fumed. She took AJ’s hand.
"I think your pacing is not making this any easier on Kate," he said, kissing her palm, trying to calm her.
Julie finally sat next to AJ, across from Kate and Nick.

"Jewels. Why don't you and AJ walk down to the gift shop and see if they have some cards or dice games we could play." Kate suggested.
"That's a good idea." AJ agreed.
Kate turned to Nick, "You can go too. If you want."
"No I'll stay with you." He said, placing an arm around her shoulder.

Julie reluctantly followed AJ to the gift shop; he held her hand to keep her grounded.
"She's going to be fine you know." he told her.
"I know. I just get so frustrated. I want to help her and I can't."
"But you are helping her. You're here to support her and now we're getting something to distract her..."

Kate' name was called not long after Julie and AJ left.
"Do you want me to come with you?" Nick asked.
"No it’s ok. They'll just ask me what happened and rush me off for x rays."
"Ok I'll wait for AJ and Julie."
Kate gave him a reassuring smile before following the nurse.

When they got to the exam room the nurse began her questions.
"And before we do any x-rays is there any chance you're pregnant?" The nurse asked.
"No-" Kate started to answer but then it occurred to her, she wasn't on the pill and they hadn't used a condom. "Well I guess it's possible but not likely."
"Ok well we'll just give you a quick test to make sure." She said.
Kate's heart was pounding. What was she thinking!!! Why didn't they use something?!

She took a deep breath to calm herself.
"How likely is it that you are pregnant really? Your periods are never regular so they likely hood of getting knocked up in the last three days is pretty slim." She told herself.

The nurse came back and drew a little blood.

Nick was still in the waiting room when AJ and Julie returned. Julie looked.
"Where's Kate?" Julie asked as she sat down.
"They took her back for an x- ray." He explained.
They played cards while they waited for Kate. It took about an hour before she came out. Her wrist was in a brace and she was carrying paperwork.
"Well?" Julie said, jumping up out of her seat.
"Yeah. It's fractured." Kate said. "I have a prescription for pain pills that I'll need to fill. And of course ice it for 15 minute intervals."
"But you'll live?" AJ teased.
He was rewarded by a smack to the stomach by Julie.

They filled Kate’s prescription and headed back to Julie’s house. Their afternoon plans had to be altered. They decided to spend the rest of the day at the house. Julie showed the guys to her movie room, so they could pick out the first movie. While to guys debated over movies, Julie went back to Kate to check on her.

Kate was sitting on the couch, just staring at the wall. Julie sat beside her, waiting for her to say something. When she didn’t say anything, Julie prompted her.

“So, what else did they say? You have been way too since we got back from the hospital." Julie asked.
"Oh I'm just drained." Kate replied trying to deflect the conversation.
"Hey Jewels... Have you and AJ been... Safe?" Kate asks.
"Safe?" Julie says totally confused.
"Yeah you know when-" Kate cut off mid sentence.
Julie turned to see where Kate was looking. The guys had come back in the room with a movie.

Julie went to the kitchen and popped a few bags of popcorn and shut all the blinds. It was almost dark in the living room, even though it was mid afternoon.
"So what are we watching?" Julie asked as she handed a bowl of popcorn to Nick.
"Your Highness." AJ replies.
"A good choice." Julie said moving to sit by AJ.

Nick and Kate were stretched out on one couch while AJ and Julie were sitting on the other.
Nick was running his hand though Kate's soft hair.
"I'll give you about ten years to quit that." Kate joked.
It took a minute for him to understand what she said, then he laughed.
"You know you're going to put me to sleep, right?" Kate said tilting her head back to look at him.
He smiled down at her.
"That's ok. You need the rest. I haven't been letting you get alot of sleep lately."

Kate did her best to stay awake but it was no use, she was soon asleep in Nick's arms.

After the movie Julie turned off the tv with the remote as she leaned against AJ.
"So what should we make for dinner?" She asked.
There was no response from Nick or Kate. She looked at AJ, he shrugged.
"Maybe they're asleep?" He suggests.
Julie leans forward.
"Yes, they are." She whispers.
Quietly she slips past them to grab her camera out of Kate's purse. She takes a couple of pictures from different angles before she returns to the couch.
AJ is just shaking his head.
"What?" Julie asks quietly.
"Girls like pictures of the weirdest things."
"Why is that a weird? They look so cute."
"But their asleep. They aren't even smiling."
"Trust me that picture will get Kate thru many nights when you guys go back-" She stopped choking up at the thought.
Her eyes misted up.
"Hey, what's wrong baby?" He asked.
She hastily wiped at her eyes,taking a deep breath to banish the thought. He runs a hand up thru her hair.
"Don't be sad June Bug," He says. "It's not forever. Just a couple of more weeks of the tour."

"I know." She said trying to hide her tears.
He knew he wasn't getting thru to her. He took her hand and lead her outside.
It was early evening but the sun was still up and the heat intense. He walked her down to the pool, standing her in front of the pool. He stood behind her with his arms protectively around her, his chin on her shoulder.
"Everyday I'm gone I want you to come out here and swim. I want you to think of me while you're doing it so that when I get back I can take you to my place and we can play in the ocean and I know that you won't panic when a wave goes over you. Ok?"
She smiled at the thought. He was coming back. He was making mental plans to take her to his place. He wanted to help her get over her fear.

He turned her to face him. I promise to call, text, email, Facebook, whatever you want just so you know that just because I'm not physically with you doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you. I promise."
She smiled as he leaned in and kissed her. Kate was right, they were just going to have to trust that the guys would be true to their word.

Kate woke up to a throbbing in her wrist. It took a moment before she remembered what happened. She realized the movie was over and that they had both fallen asleep on the couch. She didn't want to wake Nick but her muscles needed to stretch. As she sat up Nick jerked awake.
"You ok?" He asked.
"Yeah I just needed to move." She said stifling a yawn.
Her rubbed her neck with one hand as he looked around for AJ.
"I think we've been abandoned." He said.
Before Kate had time to respond the french doors in the kitchen opened. Julie and AJ were just returning from the pool.
"Hey, you're up!" Julie said. "We were just discussing what to do for dinner."
"Let's go out." Nick suggests. "I don't want to make you cook again."
"I don't mind cooking." Julie replies.
"Let us treat you." AJ says.
Julie relented and they decided to go to Ruby Tuesdays.

 

Chapter 12 - Dinner by Dark-Hunter

 

Dinner

AJ looked around the restaurant. It wasn't what he had had in mind but the girls had wanted something close rather than something fancy. He was disappointed that he hadn't talked Julie into the red petticoat again. They had all just gone as they were, in jeans an still smelling of horse.

The waitress came and took their orders. As they waited for their food Julie asked,
"Well not that I want to bring up the dreaded subject but what time does your flight leave tomorrow?
Kate groaned but Nick pulled her tight against him. AJ got out his phone and looked up their reservation.
"Eleven." He said.
"And yours?" She said, turning to Kate.
"One."
Julie did a little mental calculation. "So we need to leave the house by nine."
"So I'll need to get up between 7 and 8." Kate said, pulling out her phone to set her alarm.
"You're planning on sleeping?" AJ teased.

They were interrupted by the waitress returning with their food.
Nick's phone chimed and he pulled it out.
"You know it's bad manners to text at the table." Julie teased, repeating what Kate had told her one time.
"Sorry," He said, "It's my brother."
"Which one?" Kate asked.
"Aaron."

He looked down reading the text.
AARON: Thought you had a couple of days off?
NICK: I did. Have a concert tomorrow in St Louis.
AARON: Oh well then thanks for ditching me.
NICK: Sorry! Totally forgot. Met a girl.
AARON: She must be something for you to forget to come home.
NICK: She is. Can't wait for you to meet her.
AARON: Is she a fan?
NICK: Yes.
AARON: Uh-oh
NICK: No she's awesome. I'll call you tomorrow and tell ya all about her.
AARON: Send a picture.

"And then we go to Canada for the last 4 days." AJ finished as Nick looked up.
"What?" Nick asked.
"Oh I was just telling the girls about the rest of the tour." He explained.
"Everything ok?" Kate asked, lifting an eyebrow.
"Oh yeah, fine." He said, slipping his phone back in his pocket.

Kate looked down at her plate and started laughing. The others turned to look at her, Julie had pasta half in her mouth, AJ about to take a bit and Nick was holding his soda, about to take a sip.

“What’s so funny,” Nick asked.
“I ordered a steak,” was all she said.
“And?” Aj said, before shoving a bite of his food in his mouth.
“I can’t cut it.”

Nick laughed and then pulled her plate close to him. He cut her meat into nice sized bites. Then, just to be funny, he tried to feed her a bite.

“I appreciate you cutting it, but it is just wrong to have you feed it to me too.”
Everyone was laughing over the situation.

Throughout dinner they joked about the fact that both girls had been injured at some point and how it had benefitted each one at some point.

“And how has this benefitted me?” Kate asked, not feeling lucky in the slightest. Nick wrapped his closest arm around her, pulling her in tightly, yet gently.


“You have me at your beck and call.” He kissed her cheek, causing them to flush red. “I Love it when you blush.” He kissed her again, then placed his fingers on her chin to turn her to face him. He brought his warm lips to hers, kissing her so gently, yet with passion. Kate knew with that kiss he loved her, in some way, he did love her. Kate didn’t know if that would make things easier, or harder.
"Besides you have it better than I did." Julie said.
"Yeah how's that?" Kate asked.
"You can get where you wanna go without stopping to rest."
"Yeah but I go back to work the day after tomorrow."
Julie looks at her like Yeah So?
"It's going to be a little hard to adjust glasses one handed."
"Ew good point."

They talk about the girls' jobs as they eat their meal

“So, what are we gonna do now?” Julie asked, as they stepped out into the evening air. It was humid, but not nearly as it had been the night before. AJ stepped up to Julie and took her hand.
“I love going to the movies, but I don’t know if anyone else would be interested.” Nick stepped up just then, overhearing AJ’s comment.
“A movie sounds good to me.” He leaned in close to AJ and spoke low. “It might help me keep my hands off Kate. I worry I might accidentally hurt her.” AJ laughed, but he completely understood.
“To the movies, then.” Julie started listing off some of the new movies that had just come out. Nick cringed when Julie joked about seeing ‘Glee, the Concert 3D’. Kate suggested Harry Potter 7, Part 2. They all agreed and Julie drove to the theater.

They were all still full from dinner, so no one ordered popcorn. AJ and Julie got a Cherry Coke to share, while Nick and Kate shared a Coke. The theater was rather empty, but it was a weeknight. For that, they were grateful.
At one point in the movie, both girls were crying. AJ tried hard not to laugh, but Nick pulled Kate close letting her tears fall on his shirt.

It was already after 11 pm when they got back to Julie’s house.
Julie offered to do a load of laundry so they wouldn't have to take horsey smelling clothes on the plane.
Kate asked if she could use Julie’s oversized tub, since taking a shower would be difficult. Julie’s tub more than made up for the tiny size of her shower.

AJ suggested they take one last swim in her pool, so Kate could have her bath and Nick could use the shower. They walked outside, Julie watched as AJ stripped down to nothing and dove into her pool. She laughed as he splashed at her while she leaned down to get his clothing off the deck.

“Paybacks are a bitch, you know that, right?” She teased him.

Julie was grateful she had her extra bikini hanging in the laundry room, stiffly dry from the last time she swam, just before Kate had arrived. She had just put it on and opened the door when Nick walked up, just a towel around his waist. He smiled at her and held out a pile of clothing. Julie took the laundry and turned to start a load.

“Julie,” Nick said, stepping into the laundry room. She looked over her shoulder at him. “I just wanted to say thanks.”

“Oh, sure. I couldn’t let you go back with smelly clothes.”
He laughed, “That’s not what I am talking about, although I do appreciate that. I mean thank you for bringing Kate to the concert and then to the after party. I know you hurt your foot right before and you could have cancelled going.”

Julie started to shake her head to tell him nothing would have prevented them from going, but he help up his hand as if he knew what she was about to say.

“After what happened with AJ, when we called you up on stage, I could tell you didn't want to be there. But you still stood by her, supported her, so that I could say I was sorry. I can only guess how hard that must have been for you. But it showed me that you would do anything for her. I am glad it all worked out between you and AJ, but still it lets me know that you two will be okay when we go. You will have each other to get you through until we can all be together again.”

Julie smiled at him. She understood what he was saying. And it made her so happy for Kate. She deserved someone who would love her for her, just as both the guys craved. They would all get through this, being apart. Hadn’t they already been through worse?

She stepped up to him and gave Nick a big hug. He hugged her back, awkwardly. He hadn’t been expecting that. He patted her on the back and stepped away, causing Julie to laugh.

“Well, I gotta get outside. AJ is in need of paybacks.”

Nick looked confused but didn’t ask what she meant. He excused himself to go check on Kate before he got in the shower.


Julie stepped outside, trying to see where AJ was in the pool. The lights were still off, except for the solar lights in the landscaping. As her eyes adjusted to the semi darkness, a splash of water hit her legs. She still didn’t see him. It wasn’t until she stood right at the edge of the pool did she realize where he was. He had pressed himself up against the wall of the pool, keeping just enough above water to breath, but low enough that his head didn’t peek over the edge.

He turned quickly in the water and grabbed Julie’s foot. He didn’t pull her in directly, but it unbalanced her enough to cause her to fall in the pool. As she came up from the water, instead of sputtering, as he thought she would, she came up smoothly, splashing water into his face. He wiped the water from his eyes a noticed she had on a swimsuit.

“Hey! What about the rules?”
Julie splashed him again.

“It’s not Midnight yet, and I warned you, paybacks are a bitch.”

They both laughed before Julie took off to the deeper end of her pool. She climbed out and as soon as he was close, she jumped in, tucking her knees to her chest, causing a big splash. This time when she came up for air, he pulled her into his arms, with a little difficulty. It was deep where they were, so they where trying to tread water at the same time.

AJ took off to the shallow end, hoping Julie would follow. She swam as he had shown her before. She found she could put her head underwater with a little more ease. When they got to the shallow end, he pulled her back into his arms.
“Look at you. I can see a difference all ready.”
Julie blushed at his words.
“Well, I have nothing to fear anymore.”

He smiled at her and then brought his warm lips to hers. Julie sighed as his lips parted hers and their tongues began to dance with one another. His hands reached around her back to the strings that held her top one. With one mighty tug, the bottom strings of her top can undone, the material floating upwards.

AJ broke their kiss so he could pull the top over her head. He tossed it to the side of the pool, it landing in a small, wet pile on the deck. Julie pressed her breasts to his bare chest, reveling in the feel of his warm skin against hers.

Their kissing resumed, but with a new fervor. Their hands explored one another. AJ slid his hands down to her waist, over her hips, to catch the very edge of her bikini bottoms. He took a deep breath then went under the water to remove her bottoms. When he immerged, he threw the bottoms to land by her top.

Because of the buoyancy of the water, she was able to wrap both her legs around his waist, with ease. She could feel his body changing, growing beneath her. She gasped when the soft mushroom head began to press at her most sensitive core.

His kisses became wilder, more all-consuming. Julie could hardly breathe as their passion took over. In one swift movement, he impaled her. She cried out as her body took him in, all the way to the hilt. With the motion of the water, she rode him hard and fast. Her body tightened around him as she felt an orgasm building. He saw in her eyes that she was almost over the edge. His hands almost dug into her waist as he helped her move up and down. Julie dug her nails into his back as her body exploded with pleasure.

Her legs began to fall away from him, as her body went weak. He slipped from her body to move them over to the stairs. She sat on the second step, keeping her body from the breasts down, still in the water. She opened her arms to welcome him back, her legs going around him again.

Julie sighed as she felt him enter her. He lifted her up one step, so he could bring her breast out of the water and into his mouth. She could feel her core tightening as he suckled. AJ released her and look into her eyes. He let out a deep sigh before he kissed her, his body still in motion.

Julie tightened her legs around him, squeezing him, as she felt another wave building within her. She grabbed at him, trying to pull him deeper within her. Her body went rigid as her orgasm rocked her. Two more deep thrusts and AJ was joining her.

He leaned forward and rested his head in her bare breasts. He sighed again. Julie ran get fingertips across his shaved head from his forehead to his spine. He looked up at her, his eyes looking tormented.

"Was it that bad?" Julie teased.
"No. It was amazing. It's just that..." he sighed again. "I don't want to sound all girly and all but... I really don't want this night to end. In your arms I have found the one thing I have always wanted. And I have to let you go."
Now it was Julie's to sigh.

"You don't have to let me go. We just have to say goodbye for a little while." She kissed him as she felt their bodies separate. Then trying to brighten his mood she said,"You know, this night doesn't have to end. But the pool time does. I am turning into a prune. Let's go get cleaned up."
AJ smiled and they climbed out if the pool, grabbing towels from the shed before heading in.


Kate ran water in the tub, running her right hand thru the water to check the temperature.
Nick had taken their clothes downstairs despite her objections.

She climbed in the hot water letting it ease the tension from her body.
In 24 hours this would all be a dream. No not totally she was going to have to make plans. Of course there was always the possibility that Nick would keep in touch but she'd wait to see before she told him. She didn't need legal hassles as well, she'd have enough to deal with.

She opened her eyes as Nick walked back into the spacious bathroom. She smiled seeing him in only a blue towel that matched his eyes.
He walked over kneeling next to the tub.
"How ya doing, Baby?"
She sighed, "It's awfully lonely in here."
A sly smile spread across his face. He stood up touching her shoulder to get her to sit up. She sat up and slid forward as he dropped his towel slipping in behind her, his legs wrapping around her. Kate leaned back, her head resting on his muscular chest.
Nick sighed contentedly. His hand ran up into her hair. His wet fingers dampening her hair.
After a few minutes of silence Nick asked,"What are you thinking about?"
Kate actually laughed out loud.
"Isn't it always the girl who asks that?"
"Yeah I guess it is," He chuckles, "You just seem far away right now and I was wondering where you went." He continues

"Sorry, I just don't want tomorrow to come."
"I already told you that I'll call you everyday. And as soon as the tour is over I'm going to come see you."
"I know."
"But you don't believe me." Nick said flatly.
"I want to but..."
"But what?" He says feeling frustrated.
"I'm nobody and your Nick Carter Rockstar. Why would you want to come back to me?"
"Turn around." He instructed.
With his help she worked herself around to look at him."
"Kate Reagan, I love you. I want to spend time with you, make you laugh and hold you when you cry. I don't know how to make you believe me you just have to trust me. I won't fail."
She leaned into him careful to keep her brace out of the water. She kissed him with all the passion she had built up in her. Nick pulled her body close feeling himself harden under her. Kate felt it as well her body aching to be joined with his. She repositioned herself on top of him. Nick moaned as she slide onto him. Her lips trailed to his neck as she began riding him. He pulled her closer his head dipping down to her breasts. Kate's rested her cheek on his hair as he suckled. She began to move more urgently.
She threw her head back crying out as her body spasmed around his. The sensation drove him over the edge as he joined her. He pulled her tight as their bodies shook in pleasure.
As Kate's breathing began to slow she looked into Nick's blue eyes.
"I love you too." She panted.
He laughed.

It was obvious that they weren't getting any cleaner in the tub so they drained it, wrapping in towels and went to the guest bathroom. The shower in there had a removable head so Nick helped Kate wash her hair without getting her brace wet. He toweled her off and sent her to the bedroom while he finished his shower.

Kate slid into her yellow nighty and panties. She looked at the brace on her wrist.
"Stupid cumbersome thing!" she thought.
She turned off the light and turned to get into bed. She caught a glimpse of the moon thru the window. She walked over gazing up at it, her hands resting on the window seal.

Nick paused in the doorway seeing Kate silhouetted in the moonlight. He smiled. Was he the luckiest guy in the world? Was it fate that brought them together? He didn't know but he certainly wasn't going to lose her now that he found her.

He stepped up behind her encircling her in his arms. Kate sighed leaning back against him.
"Sing for me?" she asks, her arms covering his.
"What would you like me to sing?"
"Anything. I just love to hear you sing."
He thought about it for a minute before he began singing the chorus and bridge of How Did I Fall in Love With You.

What can I do to make you mine
Falling so hard, so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do
How did I fall in love with you

They swayed back and forth as he sang. His voice soft and sweet in her ears.
When he finished he leaned down kissing her neck. He then lead her over to the bed and snuggled up together.
They were both exhausted but neither of them wanted to sleep.
"Ya know I realized I don't know your full name." Nick said.
"Katherine Hope." Kate replied.
"Katherine Hope." He repeated. "I like it. It suits you. Are you named after anyone?"
"Katherine of Aragon."
"Who?"
Kate laughs, "She was the first wife of King Henry the eighth."
"Why were you named after her?"
"Because she was an amazingly strong woman. She was originally married to Henry's older brother but he died and she convinced Henry to marry her and helped him win many battles."
"Wow, sounds like a good person to be named after."
"I like it. I also like the fact that Katherine means pure, so my name means pure hope.
They talked most of the rest of the night, finally drifting off to sleep near dawn.


Julie told AJ to take the first shower since she needed to switch over the laundry anyway. Once she had it all in the dryer, she headed back upstairs. She could hear Nick and Kate talking. Actually, she could hear Nick singing to Kate. She smiled when she realized the song. It made her so happy for Kate.

As she entered her bathroom, AJ was still in the shower. What she wouldn't have given in that moment to have a shower like the hotel had had. She slid the frosted glass door just an inch to be able to look in at him. AJ had his head back, the water running over his forehead and down his back. She sucked in her breath as she looked at his massive chest. She could look at him all day long and still be surprised by the things she saw.

AJ looked over then as saw her watching. He smiled big.
"I would invite you in..." He started to say, looking around at the small space. Julie just laughed.

"You don't have to explain to me. I have a hard enough time just trying to shave my legs in there."
He shut off the water and reached for a towel as Julie dropped hers.

Julie took the shortest shower she could. All she wanted to so was spend her last few hours wrapped in his arms. When she stepped out, she expected to find him sitting on the bed. But he was no where to be found. She slipped on her navy blue nighty, since she hadn't had much of a chance to wear it. She put on the small robe as well.

Julie went to check in the kitchen and saw the door to the top deck open. AJ was sitting on one of her patio chaise lounge. He was looking up at the dark sky. The clouds had rolled in and there were only a few stars peeking out. She stepped out into the cool night air.

He heard her moving and turned to look at her. He spread his knees and patted the space in front of him. Julie took the hint and was more than snuggle up against him. AJ had put on one of his tee shirts and apair of boxers. He had on no pants at all. She laid her head back, turning just a bit so her ear pressed against his chest. She listened to his heart beat for a moment, before looking up into his eyes.

"You have a concert tomorrow. Don't you think you should get some sleep?"
He kissed the tip of her nose.

"Not yet. I want to sit here with you for a while longer. I can sleep on the plane. Nick makes a great pillow." He laughed to himself, picturing a time when Nick and Howie had fallen asleep on each other on a flight.

"Speaking of Nick," Julie trailed off. AJ waited for her to continue. "Um, he was singing to her, and I, um, wondered..." She was too embarrassed to continue. She felt his laughter come from deep in his chest, as she lay there, still listening to his heart.

"Would you like me to sing to you?"

Julie just looked up and smiled at him. He looked up to the sky, as if deciding what to sing to her. It took him a moment, then he nodded his head as if it hit him.
He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight, as he began to sing.
Julie had always loved how his voice seemed to resinate within her, but now, with her body so close, it really seemed to be a part of her.

The words to the song took on a whole new meaning. She knew he didn't write the song, but right then, it was as if he had.

It’s in the silences,
The words you never say
I see it in your eyes,
It always starts the same way
It seems like everyone we know is breaking up
Does anybody ever stay in love, anymore?

I promise you,
From the bottom of my heart
I will love you till death do us part
I promise you as a lover and a friend
I will love you like I never love again
With everything I am

Ooh I see you look at me,
When you think I’m not aware
You’re searching for clues,
Of just how deep my feelings are.
How do you prove the sky is blue, the oceans wide?
All I know is what I feel,
When I look into your eyes


I promise you,
From the bottom of my heart
I will love you till death do us part
I promise you as a lover and a friend
I will love you like I never love again
With everything that I am ooh yeah

Oh there are no guarantees
That’s what you always say to me
But late at night I feel the tremble in your touch
Oh what I’m trying to say to you,
I never said to anyone I promise

I promise you,
From the bottom of my heart
I will love you till death do us part
I promise you as a lover and a friend
I will love you like I never love again

With everything I am I promise you,
From the bottom of my heart
I will love you till death do us part
I promise you as a lover and a friend
I will love you like I never love again
With everything I am


When he finished, she looked up at him. His eyes had been on her the entire time. He leaned down and kissed her deeply.

"I love you," He whispered against her lips. That brought her up quickly.
"What?" she said.
He looked at her confused. She sounded angry.
"Why would you say that?"
"Because it is true."
Julie scoffed.
"You haven't known me long enough to know that for sure." He pulled her back against him.
"Do you feel that?" He asked.
"Feel what?"
"My heart. It is beating for the first time."
Julie laughed.
"Are you serious?"
"Completely," he replied. "With you, I don't have to hide who I am. You forgave me for something unforgivable. You showed me that I can be me without worry. I know enough about you to know that I love you."

Julie looked at him. She had always been the hopeless romantic, the one who dreamed about love at first site. And here it was, in her hands, yet she was trying to deny it.
She could see it in his eyes. He was not lying. He truly believed he was in love with her.

She reached up to place one hand on his cheek. She kissed him softly, the brisk hairs of his goatee tickling her soft lips.
"I love you, too. Alex."

 

Chapter 13 - Last Day by Dark-Hunter

 

Last Day

 

Julie pulled the blanket up a little higher over her and AJ. At some point in the darkest hours of the night, she had gone inside long enough to grab a throw blanket off the couch. It was almost dawn. AJ had insisted they stay out long enough to watch the sunrise together. Julie had tried to protest, insisting he needed to get some sleep. But he won. She knew she had dosed on and off a bit throughout the night, her head on his warm chest.

They had done a lot of talking. AJ gave her the full rundown of his addictions and relapses. And Julie told him all about her lifestyle and job. He had pointed out that since she was use to traveling for conventions, there was going to be no excuses for them not to spend time together. Her heart soared at the prospect. He even teased her about her and Kate joining them on the cruise.
All Julie could think about as he spoke was that he really would come back for her.

As the pink and orange colors began to take over the sky, AJ pulled her even tighter. He kissed the top of her head as she sighed with appreciation for the beauty of the morning. Each morning, when she would watch the sunrise, she would be reminded of this moment.


At 7 am Kate's phone alarm went off. As she crawled across Nick to grab it she forgot about her wrist. She yelped in pain waking Nick up.
"You ok?"
"Yeah just forgot about my wrist. Can you hand me my phone?" She asked.
He rolls over grabbing it from the nightstand and handed it too her. She turned it off but stayed sitting upright, knowing if she was to lay back down she'll fall right back asleep.
"So why were we getting up this early?" Nick yawns.
"You can sleep a little longer but I have to pack."
She climbed out of the bed heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She ran her fingers thru her hair as she gazed in the mirror. Bed head. She would need Julie's help to straighten to unruly waves that came naturally as her hair dried. It was that or wash it again. She sighed she grabbed her toothbrush. Nick came in behind her. He looked even more tired than she felt. After she got done brushing her teeth she looked at his reflection in the mirror.
"Maybe it's a good thing you are going back to work." She said a teasing grin on her face.
"Why?" He says around his toothbrush.
"Well maybe you can get some sleep again."
He laughs. After rinsing he continues, "I'd rather be with you than sleep."
He pulled her in for a morning kiss. Kate's fingers slide up into his hair.
When he pulled away he gazed down into her hazel eyes.
"Damn I'm going to miss you." He said.
Kate smiled, "I'm going to miss you too."
She pulled away to start gathering her toiletries to pack.
Nick had quickly shoved all his things in his duffle bag and sat on the bed watching Kate pack.
"Could you do me a favor?" She asked.
"Sure."
"Could you go get our clothes out of the dryer?"
Nick laughed.
"I totally forgot about them." He confessed.
"Yeah that's part of why I didn't want you take them down in the first place."
"Part?" He asked pausing in the doorway, "What's the other part?"
Kate rested back on her heels where she was kneeling next to her suitcase.
"Well Julie makes it sound like a big deal to have clothes that smell like horse but mine usually do so it's no big deal to me."

Nick laughed. He could see both girls’ points of view on that. But it made him love Kate even more, that she didn’t care. When she tried to stand up, he offered her a hand. But he didn’t let go once she stood. He pulled her into his embrace, breathing her in as she pressed her soft body to his. The next few weeks were going to be hell. Not only did they have the rest of the NKOTBSB tour, but he had his own promoting to do, while in Canada. It would be almost a month before he would be done and able to see her again. He wanted to share this with her, but worried about how much harder it would be if she had a more definite time frame.

He reluctantly let her go so she could finish packing up. He could smell the sweet smell of Kate’s fru fru coffee being brewed downstairs and knew that at least AJ was up and moving. He kissed Kate on the cheek and excused himself to go make a cup for each of them.

Julie walked past him, on her way to her room, rubbing her eyes as if she was tired.

“Morning, Nick,” she whispered as she passed him. He just smiled and nodded at her. Once downstairs, he saw AJ standing in front of the coffee maker, in only his boxers and a tee shirt. Nick laughed.

“Its nice to see that you are that comfortable here. You look like you are at home.”

AJ just looked at him, a sheepish grin on his face.

“Man, I am home.”

Nick agreed.

“I think this is one of the best days of my life, and the worse.” He didn’t have to explain. AJ knew exactly what Nick meant. He felt the same way.

“So,” AJ said, stepping out of the way of the coffee maker, so Nick could make a cup. “Will you be my sponsor if I be yours?”

Nick looked at him confused.

“What do you mean?”

AJ looked down at his feet, obviously embarrassed.

“This is gonna be hard. I already can feel the pain in my chest from being away from her. How am I gonna make it through this? I’m afraid.”

Nick could see how hard it was for his friend to admit. AJ was letting him know he worried he would drink to ease the pain. But Nick had thought the same things of himself, but he knew all he had to do to ease the pain would be to call Kate. Her voice was his drug. He got high just being in her presence. There was nothing in the world that would drive him to drink again. He thought the cardiomyopathy scare would be enough, but now he had something incredible to live each day for. Nick explained this to AJ but let him know he would still be there, as his brother and his best friend, if he needed help.

“I don’t think you have anything to worry about. But I do think you should tell Julie about your fears. I have no doubt that she would be there to support you. If you fall, I think she will be there to pick you up. Just have faith.”

AJ was so grateful for the friendship he had with Nick. Although all of the guys were friends, Nick was the one who understood him best. Nick had fallen apart when AJ had gone through rehab the first time. He was the only other one who had taken the wrong road and now they stood side by side, on the right path to a healthier life. They encouraged each other.

 

AJ picked up his cup of coffee, as well as Julie’s hot cocoa she forgot, and headed upstairs. Nick was right. He needed to tell Julie. He hated to admit it to himself but he was afraid this conversation would be the one that turned her away from him. His heart beat wildly in his chest with the prospect. He took a deep breath as he entered her oversized master suite.

Julie was dressed in denim capri pants and a top that reminded him of the sunrise they had just witnessed, with the shades of yellow and orange and pinks it had. She was putting on her make-up. He held out her coffee mug to her, as a peace offering, then he sat on the rim of the bathtub, watching her.

“Julie,” he started. “I think we need to talk.” Julie stopped mid eyeliner. When a guy said that, it was never good.  She finished the eye she was doing, grateful she had already done the other one, and turned to look at him.

“Okay,” she said, elongating the word. “What do you wanna talk about?” She wanted to keep looking at him, but he was looking down into his coffee.

“I need to talk to you about something.”

Julie waited for him to continue. When he didn’t, she put the make-up brush down on the counter and stepped up to him.  She put one finger under his chin and lifted his head up.

“Sweetie. You know you can tell me anything.”

He finally looked up at her, his eyes rimmed with red.

“I have never felt like this. It hurts, just thinking of not having you there. I wasn’t joking when I told you my heart is beating for the first time. I haven’t even left yet and the pain is unbearable.”

Julie kissed his cheek. “It will be okay. You said so yourself. Just a few weeks and the tour will be over.”

“But in the meantime? I don’t know what to do? What if I start drinking to ease the pain?”

Julie could see in his eyes he was seriously concerned over the fact. It was very likely he could relapse. But she had faith in him.

“Alex. All you have to do is call me. If you think you might have a drink, I don’t care what time it is, call me. And if you do succumb and drink, don’t hide it. Tell Nick, tell Brian, tell me, but don’t hide it. That would not be the way to handle it. Baby, I love you. I want you to know that. And I will be here for you.”

AJ sighed, a sound of relief. He would make it through. The pain in his chest had lighten just by talking to her. He set his coffee cup on the floor and stood, pulling Julie into his arms.

“Where were you 15 years ago?” he teased.

“In love with New Kids on the Block,” she laughed.

“Well, for once, I am so glad you were. Otherwise, I may never have met you.”

 

 

Kate felt bad as she watched Nick carry her suitcase down the stairs and put it in the car. She tried to explain to him that she would have to do it all alone when she got home, but he insisted.

“I am at your beck and call until we part, so suck it up,” he teased.

They had gotten everyone’s things in the trunk and were just about to leave. Julie wanted to run back in and make sure she had locked all the doors.

 

Julie stood at the French doors of her top balcony, looking out at her pool. She was surprised when warm, strong arms wrapped around her. AJ placed his chin on her shoulder.

“Soon,” he whispered in her ear. She turned her head to be able to kiss him.

“I know.” She sighed. “I don’t want to leave, but we really need to get you guys to the airport. Brian and Howie, not to mention 15,000 fans, would be out to kill me if you don’t show up tonight.”

She could feel his body move when he laughed.

“Yeah. I hate to say it, but you are right.” He took her hand and led her outside. 

 

The car ride to the airport was mostly quiet. No one wanted to talk about the inevitable. Since Kate’s flight would leave almost two hours after the guys, Julie had planned to stay and keep Kate company in the small food court area, so she pulled into the covered parking garage. Julie had been there enough times to know where the best place to park would be.

 

Chapter 14 - Confessions by Dark-Hunter

 

Confessions

 

Soon enough, they were walking into the airport. AJ and Nick needed to check in at the United Airlines and Kate needed to go to Delta. Julie went with Kate to get her bags checked in. They agreed to meet at the top of the Terminal B escalator, since the guys were flying out of that one. Kate would need to go to Terminal A after they left.

Julie and Kate stood in line at the Delta counter, waiting for the complaining family in front of them, to move on. Julie felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She pulled it out and began laughing when she read the text.

ALEX: I miss you all ready.

“What is so funny,” Kate asked, just as her own phone let her know she had a message. Julie read it to her as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. Nick had sent her the same message. Before she had a chance to reply, though, another agent had come to the counter and called her forward. Julie pulled Kate’s check in bag to the scale and hoisted it up. The agent handed Kate her ticket and they headed to the escalator.

The sight at the top was breathtaking. Both guys stood there, smiles on their faces, as the girls rode upwards to them. Kate was first off and she stepped right into Nick’s waiting arms. AJ had stepped to the side to allow Nick access, but almost pushed them out of the way when Julie reached the top. Nick laughed at his eagerness,

“What, you couldn’t wait for me to move?” Nick teased.
“No.”

Julie laughed as she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. She didn’t care that there were people watching. This was her last few minutes with him, and she wanted them to be good. She leaned in to him so only he could hear.

“So, is it still called the Mile High Club if it is in the airport bathroom?” She teased him. His ears turned red, something she had not expected.

“Don’t tease me like that. I don’t think you have the balls to do that.”

She looked down in mock shame. He was right. There was no way she would ever do that, but it was funny to joke about it.

They moved away from the escalator and towards the guys terminal. The couples stood a few feet apart to allow each other some privacy.
Kate had resolved to send Nick off with smile so they joked about his upcoming shows.

"You know it is totally embarrassing when you lay across the girls lap while you have them onstage." Kate said.
"Hey I didn't hear you complain up there."
"Well I had an advantage over most girls." She stated.
He raised an eyebrow.
"I spent the night before making out with a bad boy. After that being onstage was nothing." She couldn’t hide her smile. Nick bursted out laughing.
"Oh I almost forgot!" He said, "I need a picture"

He pulled out his phone, taking a couple of pictures of her. He interrupted Julie and AJ to have them take pictures of him and Kate together.

Kate gave Julie her camera, while AJ took pictures on Nick's phone. Kate and Nick returned the favor, taking pictures of AJ and Julie.

All too soon they heard that the guy's flight was boarding. After one last kiss the guy’s headed off thru security. Julie started to turn away.
"Wait! He always waves at the gate." Kate said, repeating a line from her favorite movies, ‘Ever After’.

The girls watched as both guys turned for one last glimpse. They waved to each other and Julie and Kate burst out laughing.
Kate's phone buzzed.

NICK: What's so funny?

Kate texted back about the movie reference as the girls walk to the food court.
NICK: Before I forget, can I get your address?
KATE: email or snail mail?
NICK: Both.
She sent him both.
NICK: Sorry flight's leaving. Text you when I land.
KATE: Have a safe flight!
NICK: You too! Love you!
KATE: Luv u 2!

Kate looked across the table to see Julie had been texting with AJ.

Julie sighed, putting her phone on the table.
"So now that the guys are gone you want to tell me what's going on?" Julie said in a motherly voice.
Kate took a deep breath. It seems so much harder to say out loud.

"I'm pregnant." She said quietly.
Julie was stunned speechless. It took a minute before she was able to process Kate’s confession.

"What? How do you know?" Julie sputtered.
Kate held up her broken wrist.
"They did a blood test to check before they did x-rays."
"Did you tell Nick?"
"No."
"NO?! How could you not tell him?"

Kate sighed. Julie knew it was time to back off. Kate never did well with confrontation and this was a lot to have held in for the past 24 hours.

"I wanted him to be able to walk away without feeling guilty."
Julie raised an eyebrow at her. Kate continued explaining.
"Look, we both know that no matter what happened this week, as amazing as it was, that there's a chance we'll never see them again. I know, I know, that sounds negative but it's true. I just didn't want him to feel obligated to me or worse blame me for doing it on purpose."

"Why would he think you did it on purpose?"
"Well, I'm not on birth control."
"Yeah and did he ever provide a condom?"
"No."
"Well he's just as much to blame then." Just then, Julie realized that AJ had never used one either. Knots began to form in her stomach. Kate’s next words brought her thought back to the moment.


"I know, but there are also hundreds of women out there that would have his baby just to get his money or even be connected in some small way for the rest of their lives. I don't want him to think I'm that kind of person."
"So what are you going to do?" Julie asked, now understanding why she never said a thing about it.
Kate shrugged. "Go home."
"Are you ever going tell him?" Julie asked.
"If he comes back, I will. But you have to swear not to tell AJ."
"What? Why not?"
"Cause, he'll tell Nick and I don't want him coming back because of that. If he comes back, I want it to be for me."
"And what of he doesn't come back?"
"Well, I have good health insurance and I can take maternity leave. I'll convert my office to the baby's room and put my desk in the library."
"Wow, you have thought this thru."
"Yeah, I didn't sleep much last night." Kate confessed.
"I didn't sleep at all, but it was a beautiful sunrise this morning." Julie let out a sigh. “You know, no matter what happens with Nick, I am always here for you. If you need to, you can always move here. I could convert my office to a nursery and move my sewing stuff to the basement. Anything you need, I am here.”

Kate laughed. Yeah, she could just see herself trying to move with dogs and horses and a big belly.

“I appreciate it, but I just don’t see it being possible. Let’s just see what happens.”

 

The girls talked a little while longer, joking over names and when her baby would be due. April 15th was the date the nurse at the hospital had guessed. She couldn’t give Kate a definite date, only her OB/GYN could do that. Julie insisted that Kate get scheduled for a doc first thing the next morning. Kate knew better than to argue with Julie on health matters.

 

Before long, Kate’s time had come and she needed to go through security. The girls headed over in the direction of her terminal. Saying goodbye to AJ had been hard, but to say goodbye to her best friend was pure hell. This week had changed both their lives. Things would never be the same. Julie hugged Kate, not wanting to let go. Her tears fell as her friend turned to walk away. As Kate got to the security gate, she turned and waved goodbye.

 

Chapter 15 - Julie by Dark-Hunter

 

Julie

 

I couldn’t stop my tears as they escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. As I wiped them away, more would follow. I had said goodbye to Kate many times before and it was always hard, but this time, it was almost unbearable. I sat in my car for quite a while, unable to start the engine. The heat of the car in the parking garage finally prompted me to start the car. The silence was too much. I plugged in my phone and turned on the music, needing something, anything, to fill my head. . It had been on shuffle and down low so I didn’t know it had been playing in my purse. I should have checked what the last song on was, for I regretted turning it on as soon as the music started.

 

Banging on your front door
My pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and now I'm crawling back to you.
Begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you

 

I sat there for a moment, unable to shut it off, but not wanting to hear more. But the song won out. As it finished and Nick’s song “Burning Up” started, I pulledout of the parking garage and headed home.

 

AJ was true to his word, within two hours he sent me a message letting me know he had landed safely. I let out a sigh of relief when three hours later, kate text to let me know she had arrived as well.

 

The next two weeks were hard. Kate being pregnant really made do a lot of thinking. I had never been on birth control and we had never used a condom. I bought a home pregnancy test, but it came back negative. I was relieved until I read on the packaging that false negatives can happen if the test was taken too early. I was an emotional wreak for over a week, not sure what was going on. Did I want to be pregnant? The thought had its ups and downs. It would be so cool to have a baby the same time my best friend did, but what if we both ended up being single moms? If only Kate had a baby, it would be easier. Kate already knew I would do anything I could for her.

Lucky, ten days later, my period came. It made all the emotional crap make more sense. I was both relieved and a little sad. But I knew I wasn’t ready to be a mom. Alex and I had a long way to go before that would ever be a part of our vocabulary. The following Monday, I went to my doctor and got started on birth control.

The next three weeks went by as a blur. I was so grateful to have a convention in Denver, followed by one in Kansas City, to keep me busy. AJ called at least once a day and sent me texts. He even convinced me to follow him on Twitter. That was weird in the beginning. He would drop hints about me, without saying anything. He talked about when he mysteriously disappeared for three days. His followers kept trying to guess where he had been. I knew. Through Twitter, he kept the memories vivid.

 

Once a week, we set our alarms to watch the sun rise together. If we were in different times zones, like when he went back to L.A., he would get up with me, then go back to sleep for two hours. When it was his sunrise, I would listen to him describe all the colors. It was something no one would ever be able to take away from us.

 

About two months after everyone had left, and the NKOTBSB tour was complete, Alex decided he needed to see me again. I didn’t have anything going on; convention wise, so I offered to go to him. But he insisted that he wanted to come to Omaha again. It wasn’t until he arrived that I understood why.

 

I stood at the guest area of Terminal B waiting for him to arrive. I had knots in my stomach as I waited for him to walk through the doorway. Other than myself and a few other people, there were no great crowds, no paparazzi to snap photos. Alex explained to me in the car, as I drove home, that all he wanted was a few days of normal life. He wanted to walk in my house in nothing but his boxers and not worry about someone trying to get a picture through the window. He just wanted to be Alex, my boyfriend. Not AJ McLean, the bad boy from Backstreet Boys.

 

The first two days he was there, we never left the house. We swam in my pool, made love in my oversized bathtub, and almost every other room in the house, and just hung out.

It was weird for me to not be out and about, at least once in a day. I may not have a ‘real’ job, but I am always busy. When we ran out of milk, I finally convinced him to get out.

 

We went to the zoo and the art museum. We saw three new movies while he was there. And we talked about Kate and Nick. AJ wanted to know how things were going. I told him how Kate was moving in a week, to Omaha. It worked out perfectly for his trip that we both would be flying out the same day. I was flying one way to Spokane to help Kate move. It was torture not to tell him about Kate’s little secret, but it wasn’t mine to share.

 

Our week together was over far too soon. But we talked about us girls joining them on the BSB cruise in December, as well as Alex possibly coming out for Thanksgiving. I hoped Kate wouldn’t be showing much then. I would not share her secret, but I wasn’t going to stop AJ from spending a holiday with me, and meeting my family.

 

At the airport, we did not have to say goodbye right away. We were fortunate to have the first flight together. Alex was first class and I was coach, but he was more than glad to upgrade my flight so we could ride together to Denver. From there we had to go our separate ways. I would go north to Spokane and he was headed south to Los Angeles.

 

Our kisses good bye in Denver, were bittersweet. He had an hour overlay and I only had 30 minutes to get to my new terminal and gate. He rushed with me, keeping me company until I was at my gate.

 When he pulled me into his warm embrace, I felt my heart skip a beat. I knew it would only be a month and a half before we would see each other again, but I still began to cry. I thought of Kate at that moment and wiped my tears away. At least Alex had come back and seen me, Nick had not only NOT come to see her, but his texts and phone calls were becoming fewer and further between.

 

“Have I told you today how much I love you?” he whispered against my lips.

“Tell me again,” I answered. His replay was in his kiss. He would never have to say the words again if he always kissed me like that. His kiss said things his words never could. As they announced the last call for my flight, I reluctantly left his arms. When I got to the door and handed the agent my ticket, I turned one last time to see him wave at me. “He remembered,” I thought to myself.

 

It wasn’t until I was in my seat and had turned off all my electronics, that I let me emotions take over. I sat there as the tears streamed down my face. I was crying because he was gone, again. I cried for Kate, as I felt guilty about crying, when she wasn’t able to see Nick at all. The girl in the seat in front of me, turned around and looked at me. I wiped my tears away, looking down at my lap. It felt weird to have her staring at me. I finally looked up at her to ask what her problem was, when she spoke.

“Does anyone else know you are making out with AJ?” she asked.

“Excuse me?” I replaied.

“His fiancée might be a little pissed off to know he is in Denver making out with some fan.”

I burst out laughing, causing the girl to look at me funny.

“Are you talking about Rochelle?”

The girl just nodded.

“So, I take it you are a BSB fan?” I asked her.

“Well, I would say so if I knew you were making out with AJ McLean.”

I tried not to laugh again.

“Sweetie. He broke the engagement off with her over three months ago. Where have you been? And I am sure his girlfriend doesn’t mind that he was kissing some fan in Denver.”

The flight attendant was coming up the row closing the overhead bins and asked the girl to turn around. As soon as the plane was in air and I was able to, I had my phone out and my headphones on. I listened to the beautiful resonating sound of AJ’s voice on a track her had recorded just for me.

 

 

When Kate picked me up at the airport, I was shocked to see her little baby bump starting. With her permission, I put both my hands on her little mound and coo’ed at her belly. I was so excited I was gonna be an aunt.

When we got to her place, I was shocked to see she was mostly packed and ready to go. The following morning we were on the road. It took almost five days to get from Washington to Nebraska. With having horses, the drive was slow going, with more stops than normal. Kate having to pee every 100 miles didn’t help either.

It took a few weeks, but we had her all unpacked and started in a daily routine. But I had forgotten to tell her about Thanksgiving…..

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10699