You Can Let Go by tiggerc128, colorguard_diva
Summary:

stories/2003/images/YCLG_Banner_2_Resize.jpg

Moving on with her life was something Dottie never thought she'd be able to do. But the love of friends helped her move past the distrust and anger. The love of Nick helped her look to the future.

Now that her life is back on track, and her best friend Amy is falling for Nick's best friend Brian, the world can be their playground...or can it?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 65 Completed: Yes Word count: 93020 Read: 98815 Published: 01/01/12 Updated: 02/28/12
Chapter 29 by tiggerc128

 

Chapter 29

            When Dottie gets back to her hotel, she calls Jenn and tells her what happened. She cautions Jenn not to mention it to the guys because she wants all the guys to be there when Glenna is arrested. Jenn is relieved to know it went well, but when she presses Dottie for details, all she says is, "Detective Peters is going to call you about it. Right now, I have to do something."

            After hanging up, Dottie calls Nick. When he answers, she says, "Hey Handsome, what's up?"

            Nick laughs and says, "Well, now that I hear your voice, I am."

            Dottie giggles and Nick is more than happy to hear her laughter. She says, "You're being naughty Nick."

            He says, "I miss you, D. Come back."

            She sighs and says, "Soon. I have one more thing to take care of. I'll see you in 3 days in LA."

            He says, "What happened with Jake?"

            She hesitates before saying, "It's all going to be ok, Nick, but I don't want to tell you what happened.  I'll tell you all Friday, OK?"

            He says, "What's wrong?"

            She says, "Nothing, Nick. There's just a lot to tell and I'd rather only go over it once. I will tell you this; something is going to happen Friday morning that will make everyone extremely happy."

            He says, "OH? Care to give me a hint?"

            She giggles and says, "Nope. Now behave and tell me how you're doing."

            He sighs dramatically and says, "I miss you like crazy."

            She says, "I miss you too Baby. How's everyone doing? Are Amy and Brian ok?"

            He says, "Yes, Baby, they are fine. I think they both just want to know one way or another if there's going to be a little Littrell running around." Dottie sighs, rather loudly, and Nick says, "What is it, D?"

            Trying to sound normal, Dottie says, "Nothing.  Just tired."

            He says, "Sweetheart, you may be a thousand miles away from me, but I can tell something's bothering you. What is it?"

            Deciding that part of getting back to being her old self means talking to Nick about everything just like she used to, she says, "I was thinking about something Amy and I talked about before she left."

            He says, "Want to talk about it?"

            Smiling to herself because she knows he won't push her, she says, "I do Nick. I just think we should talk face to face about this, ok?"

            He says, "OK, D, we'll wait. But promise you'll tell me what's bothering you?"

            She says, "Nick, I've been doing a lot of thinking since I talked to Jake. What's bothering me most of all is I'm not letting go of the past. I have to do that and I think I can do it here. I'll tell you about it Friday, ok?"

            He says, "Baby, you know you can let go. I'm always going to be here for you."

            She says, "I know that.  Believe me, Nick, I'm ready for whatever life brings us as long as I face it with you."

 

Late Thursday Night

            Just before boarding her plane to fly to LA, Dottie calls Amy because she knows Nick is on stage. When Amy answers, she says, "You ok, D?"

            Dottie laughs and says, "Yes, Mom, I'm fine."

            Amy says, "I know you hate flying."

            Dottie sighs and says, "I hate being away from you guys even more."

            Amy says, "Dammit D, stop making me cry."

            Dottie says, "What's wrong A?"

            Amy says, "The test came back negative...Now I have to wait for another blood test."

            Dottie feels so bad for her best buddy. She says, "Amy, I'm so sorry.  I wish it would have been more conclusive."

            She sniffs and says, "Me too. Now, what's going on? What happened with Jake? Will you tell me now?"

            Dottie smiles and says, "Do you promise to keep this to yourself? Something big is happening tomorrow in LA and you're all going to be there with me when it does."

            Amy says, "OK, I promise, not a word. What?"

            Chuckling, Dottie says, "Not even Brian A. You have to keep your mouth shut or I won't tell you."

            Amy laughs and says, "If it's really good, I can be quiet. What?"

            Dottie says, "Glenna is being arrested tomorrow. Jake told them everything, even where the money is. Jenn is going to invite her to a meeting to discuss her alimony payments from Brian. We all get to be there when she goes down."

            Amy squeals and says, "OH MY GOD how did you get that worked out?"

            Laughing, Dottie says, "I'll explain tomorrow, my flight is boarding. Love you A. Don't forget, SECRET!"

            Amy says, "Not to worry, this is one secret I will keep. Love you too, D. See you tomorrow."

            Before hanging up, Dottie says, "Tell Nick I love him."

 

            After finding her seat, Dottie leans back and closes her eyes. Just a few more hours and she'll be where she belongs. With Nick. When the stewardess stops and asks if she needs anything, Dottie says, "A pillow, please? I really need some sleep."

            The stewardess comes back with the pillow and a blanket and says, "The person in the seat beside you cancelled. I'll wake you before we land."

            Dottie smiles and says, "Thank you so much."

            After snuggling down and getting comfortable, Dottie falls asleep almost instantly. Ever since she faced Jake, she hasn't had a single nightmare. She had checked out of the hotel and gone to Nick's house in Florida after she had seen Jake. The same house she had stayed in after she got out of prison and she had let the guys back into her life. The house where she finally realized she had fallen head over heels in love with Nick.

            When she had first gotten to the house, she had sat in the middle of the living room floor and cried.  She cried until she was drained and almost sick. Then she had spent several hours sitting at Nick's desk writing. By the time the three days were up, she had filled 2 notebooks with her fears and her dreams. Seeing them on paper made her realize she has everything she needed to move on. She has Nick. He loves her for who she is and wants her in his life.

            It seems like barely a few minutes go by when the stewardess is quietly waking her up. Opening her eyes, Dottie thanks the stewardess and sits up, stretching. Dawn is breaking in LA as the plane descends and Dottie is SO excited to be in the same city as Nick again.

            When she walks off the plane with her carry on slung over her shoulder, she gets the shock of her life.  Standing in the middle of the airport waiting for her, looking tired and sleepy, are Nick, Amy, Brian, Howie, AJ and Jenn.

Dropping her carry on, she runs up and flings herself into Nick's arms. When his arms wrap around her, she hears him whisper, "Finally!"

Burying her face in his neck, she breathes in his scent and says, "I missed you so much, Nicky."

When Nick puts her down, she pulls back and looks at him and he says, "I missed you too."  After kissing her gently, he says, "Now, would you or Jenn tell us where we're going?"

            After Dottie hugs everyone else, taking an extra minute to make sure Amy is ok; she looks at Jenn and says, "This morning?" Jenn just nods and Dottie says, "Well, let's go then. Trust me; it's going to be worth it."

End Notes:

PLEASE let us know!  :)

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10793