Daddies' Girls by tiggerc128, colorguard_diva
Summary:

stories/2003/images/DG_banner_resized.jpg

We're cousins, best friends, and both of us are Daddy's little girl. Being a daddy's girl has always been fun, but what happens when you grow up and the fairy tale ends?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Nick
Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 54 Completed: Yes Word count: 80291 Read: 81381 Published: 11/06/12 Updated: 01/02/13
Story Notes:

This is the sequel to The Truth Between the Lies.  You've heard the Grey Sisters' stories.  Now it's time to find out how Calleigh Carter and Reese McLean fared growing up as the very spoiled daughters of Nick and AJ of the Backstreet Boys.

1. Prologue by tiggerc128

2. Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

3. Chapter 2 by tiggerc128

4. Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

5. Chapter 4 by tiggerc128

6. Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

7. Chapter 6 by tiggerc128

8. Chapter 7 by tiggerc128

9. Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

10. Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

11. Chapter 10 by tiggerc128

12. Chapter 11 by tiggerc128

13. Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva

14. Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

15. Chapter 14 by tiggerc128

16. Chapter 15 by tiggerc128

17. Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

18. Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

19. Chapter 18 by tiggerc128

20. Chapter 19 by tiggerc128

21. Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

22. Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

23. Chapter 22 by tiggerc128

24. Chapter 23 by tiggerc128

25. Chapter 24 by colorguard_diva

26. Chapter 25 by colorguard_diva

27. Chapter 26 by colorguard_diva

28. Chapter 27 by tiggerc128

29. Chapter 28 by colorguard_diva

30. Chapter 29 by colorguard_diva

31. Chapter 30 by tiggerc128

32. Chapter 31 by tiggerc128

33. Chapter 32 by colorguard_diva

34. Chapter 33 by colorguard_diva

35. Chapter 34 by tiggerc128

36. Chapter 35 by tiggerc128

37. Chapter 36 by colorguard_diva

38. Chapter 37 by colorguard_diva

39. Chapter 38 by tiggerc128

40. Chapter 39 by tiggerc128

41. Chapter 40 by colorguard_diva

42. Chapter 41 by colorguard_diva

43. Chapter 42 by tiggerc128

44. Chapter 43 by tiggerc128

45. Chapter 44 by colorguard_diva

46. Chapter 45 by colorguard_diva

47. Chapter 46 by tiggerc128

48. Chapter 47 by tiggerc128

49. Chapter 48 by colorguard_diva

50. Chapter 49 by colorguard_diva

51. Chapter 50 by tiggerc128

52. Chapter 51 by tiggerc128

53. Chapter 52 by colorguard_diva

54. Epilogue by colorguard_diva

Prologue by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Prologue

 

Jade

 

            You'd think that after years of being estranged and a weekend of bonding, confessing, and healing, my sisters and I would be ok, right? Wrong.  Things with Lilly only got worse. MUCH, MUCH worse.  Let me tell you what happened.

            After the weekend of healing, as Aspen and I called it, I did move back to Cali with Calleigh.  (No, I did NOT name her after the state!) I was settling in nicely, Nick and I were getting closer, and he was bonding beautifully with his daughter.

            Aspen and AJ were doing GREAT! Reese loved her Daddy. AJ bought a house and the three of them set up house as a family. Aspen even gave up the cupcake shop because she wanted to focus on Reese. She can stay at home and be what she always wanted to be. A mother.

            As for Calleigh and me, Nick wanted to move in with us.  The biggest part of me wanted to say yes, but my lingering doubts about his feelings toward Lilly kept me telling him no. Until Aspen and AJ's engagement party.

            It was fun. I was SO happy to see Aspen and Reese getting a fairy tale life from AJ. He doted on them, which made me love my future brother-in-law even more.

            Lilly seemed reserved at the party. And she drank a lot. She and Brian were trying, but there was one issue still between them. Nick. I saw her watching him. Every time she started getting closer to him, he'd move closer to me. At one point, he even pulled me into the men's room and had his way with me. I have to admit, not the most private place, but Nick was determined for me to know he's all mine.

            After the announcement of the engagement, I got pulled aside by Pam, who wanted to discuss my deadlines. It was at this point Lilly made her move. Nick never told me what she said before I showed up, but here's what happened.

            I went looking for Nick after Pam and I was finished. I saw her pull him down the hallway toward the bathrooms. I followed cautiously, afraid of what I might find.

I slowly made my way to the door, deathly afraid of what I'd find, but bound and determined that Nick was mine and no one would ever steal him from me. I eased down the hallway, listening at various doors for their voices. Outside the men's room I heard Lilly's throaty laughter and my heart clenched. I pressed my ear to the door in time to hear her say, "I know you want me Nick. You were watching me."

            My stomach knotted up. I heard Nick say, "Lilly, you're drunk. Why don't you go find your husband?"

            She whined, "I already fucked him. I wanna fuck you. Come on, Big Boy; let me see what you got hiding in those pants."

            I put my hand on the door handle and pushed down, slowly swinging the door open. I saw their reflection in the mirror. She was on the sink with her legs wrapped around his waist. Nick was trying to pull away, but she was holding his body with her impossibly long legs and had one arm around his neck. The other was tugging at her dress, trying to free her breasts for his perusal.

            He pushed away harder. "Dammit, Lilly, I don't want you. I don't want this. I love your sister. I thought you did too. I thought you loved Brian."

            She pouted. "I do love her. And I love him with all my heart. This isn't about love Nick. It's about you and me scratching an itch that's been there for years."

            I started to push my way in, but I stopped short when he said, "I thought I did want you, Lilly. For the longest time. Now I realize I only ever wanted Jade. I used you as an excuse not to let her get close. But it all changed. Everything changed when I realized just what I have with Jade. And how fucking stupid I was before. I'm not going to do this. I won't allow you to hurt her this way."

            I pushed the door open, garnering their attention. "What the hell do you think you're doing Lilly?"

            She dropped her legs. "Umm, nothing, Nick was...well, he wanted...FUCK Jade, you know what guys want!"

            Nick stammered, "I didn't...Jade, I swear to God this wasn't my idea! She..."

            I managed to assure Nick I wasn't mad at him.  I really wasn't.  My trust in him bloomed like a rose when I heard him tell Lilly I was all he wanted.  Not long after that, Lilly went into rehab, then her and Brian moved to Georgia.  He said it was to be closer to his family, but we all knew what it was really all about.  Keeping her and Nick apart.

            They came back to Cali once, the following June, for mine and Aspen's double wedding. Call it corny, which it was, but re-bonding with Aspen made me realize just how lucky I was to have her in my life. We wanted to share our wedding day.

            We managed to find time to sit and talk with Lilly. She seemed genuinely contrite about what had happened. She and Brian were happy, according to her. They had a new baby and I must say, my nephew stole my heart. But deep down inside, I just didn't trust her. Especially when I saw her watching Nick at the reception.

I'm glad they live on the East coast. She's the one person that could tempt Nick away from me. Not that I think he'd do it, but we all know about animal attraction. Shit happens and I'm glad we're not tempting fate.

 

End Notes:

We'd love to know what you think!!!  

Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 1

 

Aspen

 

“I’m still mad at you.” I continued peeling carrots as my husband walked in the kitchen.

“I love you, too Aspen.” He kissed my cheek.

“Who in their right mind would let a fifteen year old get a tattoo?” I pointed my knife at him. AJ quickly backed away from me.

“It’s just a small one.” He said calmly.

I chose to ignore him because I really didn’t want to start a fight. Lately, we had been having a difference of opinion when it came to our eldest child. Reese was AJ through and through.

“Daddy!” Reese shrieked as she ran over to him.  He pulled her into his arms and gave her a hug.

“How was school today?”

“Boring as usual.” She rolled her eyes. “Who cares about quadratic equations or Caesar?”

“Reese school’s important. You’ll need those straight A’s to get into a good college.” I reminded her. She was currently ranked number one in her class.

“Sure, mom.”

I saw her and AJ both laugh. It was like having two children in the room. I loved the bond that they shared, even if I was jealous at times.

“Can you get your brother and sister for dinner?” I placed the carrots in the salad bowl.

After Reese left, AJ walked over to me. He started massaging my shoulders. “Mmm….that’s feel…mmm….good.” I moaned lowly. I love having my husband’s hands on me. It had been a few weeks since we made love.

“Mommy, what’s for dinner?” Grayson asked as he found a seat at the table.

“Liver and onions.” AJ cackled as his only son pouted.

“Dad that isn’t funny.” Grayson whined. He was spending way too much time at the Carter house. He was sounding like his uncle Nick.

“Your dad is being a buffoon. Ignore his childishness.” I sighed as I placed dinner on the table.

“What’s a buttoon?” Hayden questioned as AJ put her in her booster seat.

“A big ole’ jerk.” Reese laughed. “I’m going to pass on dinner. Calleigh, Shayla, and Jake are coming for band practice.”

I looked my daughter; she was wearing skin tight jeans with a dark pink halter tank top that exposed her belly button ring and a pair of Converse sneakers. He long dark locks were straightened and her bangs were highlighted with pink and purple streaks. She looked twenty instead of fifteen. My baby was growing up before my very eyes. I wasn’t sure I liked it.

“You, know you’re not supposed to have practice on school nights.” I commented as I sat down at the table.

“Come on, Aspen. Lighten up. Reese is a straight A student taking advance courses.  I don’t think band practice during the week is going to ruin that.” AJ stared at me. This was always a battle between me and AJ.

We had never seen eye to eye, when it came to our daughter. AJ was all for her becoming a superstar like him. Granted, she was a beautiful singer and was amazing at playing guitar. I wanted to make sure she had an education to fall back on if the music career wasn’t successful.

“Hi everyone!” Calleigh ran into the kitchen. She was always full of energy. Her long blonde curly hair bounced as she went around giving everyone hugs.

“How’s you mom and dad? Would you like some dinner?” I asked my niece.

“Mom is mom. She’s busy writing and getting the baby’s room ready. Dad is annoying her, but I find it sweet. I hope to find a guy that dotes on me like that.”  Calleigh adored anything her dad did. She thought he walked on water. If she only knew the truth, lol. Nick was a good man, but he had his moments.

“Let’s go, Calleigh.” Reese started to pull her cousin out of the room. “We need to practice that new song you wrote.”

The girls looked at each other and ran towards the studio.

Dinner was over quickly. Grayson was at baseball practice, and Hayden was playing with the pups in the living room. I finished washing the dishes when AJ walked in.

“Nick wanted to know if we would watch the kids this weekend.”

“Sure.” I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. “What does he have planned?”

“He wants to spend a romantic weekend with Jade. She’s pissed at him.”

“What’s new with that?” I laughed.

“You Grey sisters are always pissed at your husbands.” AJ laughed and pulled me into his arms.

“Well, if the three of you weren’t such dipshits, we Grey sisters wouldn’t always be annoyed.”

AJ’s placed his mouth on mine. I knew he wanted to shut me up. We stood in the kitchen making out like teenagers. We were both lost in each other. All I wanted to do was make love to my husband. It had been too long.

“Aww. You two are soooo cute together.” Calleigh beamed at us from the doorway.

“My parents never kiss each other like that.” Shayla commented. “I don’t think they like each other.”

My face was turning red. Reese wouldn’t like that we were making out for her friends to see. She hated when we embarrassed her.

“So, what’s up girls?” AJ asked.

“Oh, we..umm…needed….” Calleigh was flustered. I knew she was lying about something.

“Water.” Shayla finished.

Something was up, and I didn’t like it. Maybe it was the fact that Reese was alone with Jake. He was the older, hot, drummer of the band. I didn’t trust him alone with my daughter. He was always looking at her like he was undressing her. She ate it up and was always making eyes at him.

“Excuse me, AJ and I will be back in a minute.” I dragged AJ out by his t-shirt.

We walked into the studio and saw our daughter making out with Jake. His hands were underneath her shirt, and Reese’s hands were on his ass. I couldn’t believe my daughter. I was furious.

I looked at AJ. Smoke was coming out of his ears. This was the first time he was pissed at his daughter. Both of us stood there watching the train wreck before us. Neither of us knew what to do. AJ cleared his throat, but they continue kissing. Jake pulled Reese closer to him and his hand moved toward the button of her jeans.

“Reese Elizabeth McLean.” I called out loudly. She backed away from Jake but didn’t leave him as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

From behind us, Calleigh spoke. “Reese, I’m sorry.” I could hear the fear and regret in her voice.

“Whatever, Calleigh.” She seethed. “I asked you to do one little thing for me. Thanks a lot.”

Tears started falling down Calleigh’s face. Reese had never yelled at her cousin and best friend before. Things were not going to turn out well. My daughter had a lot of explaining to do.

“Shayla, you need to leave. Calleigh, I’ll call your mom to pick you up. Go upstairs and wipe your face off. I’ll be up in a minute.”

Both girls ran upstairs as quickly as possible. I grabbed my phone as AJ started laying into Reese and Jake. It was going to be a long night.

 

 

Chapter 2 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012                 

 

Chapter 2

 

Jade

 

            "Jade, where's Calleigh?" my husband's strong voice reverberates through the house. I shake my head, he's worse than our 9 year-old.

            I walk to the kitchen door, seeing him standing in front of side door leading out to the pool. "She went to band practice over at Aspen's." When he turns to look at her, her heart swells with love. "Nick, could you please not yell in the house? We're never going to get Michael to stop yelling if you don't."

            He shrugs and rolls his eyes. "What's wrong with being loud?"

            I walk over to him and say, "In appropriate moments, nothing.  But not in the house, ok?  Please?"

            He nods, curling is arm around me and resting a hand on my barely protruding belly. "Do you know how sexy you are when you're pregnant?"

            I blush and say, "Stop it, you aren't distracting me."

            He leans down and nibbles on my neck. "Sure about that?"

            I sigh and whisper, "That's dirty pool Mister."

            He chuckles into my hair. "I have a surprise for you."

            I shake my head. "After the last one, haven't you learned your lesson?"

            His last surprise was letting our 14-year old get her belly button pierced.  The argument they came up with is ‘All singers have their belly-button pierced' followed by ‘Reese has hers pierced'.  I guess it's obvious that neither went over well with me.

            He blushes and looks contrite. "I'm sorry, Jade. I really am. I just didn't think it mattered."

            I sigh, laying my head on his shoulder. As frustrating as he is, I hate it when we fight. "You're not allowed to get pissed when guys are looking at her stomach."

            He pulls back with a look of horror on his face. I chuckle and walk away as he's stammering, "But...but...that's not...NO!"

            By the time he makes it to the kitchen I'm laughing my head off.  He stands in the doorway watching me.  I finally catch my breath and say, "You really didn't think it through, did you Nick?"

            He sighs. "I just want to give her everything."

            I walk over and put my hand on the side of his face. "I do too, Nick. But she has to be told ‘no' at some point."

            He puts his forehead against mine and whispers, "I love you Jade. I'm sorry."

            The phone ringing interrupts our tender moment.  I answer it to hear Aspen saying, "You better come and get Calleigh," as AJ is in the background screaming, "Get out of my house, Jake!  Get the fuck OUT of my house!"

 

            Nick wanted to go get Calleigh. The way AJ was yelling, there's no WAY I'm turning Nick loose on Jake too, no matter what's happening. After making sure Michael and Cameron, our five year old, are set with the neighbor's 17 year old watching them, we head to Aspen's and AJ's. Nick wants to be angry without knowing why...I'm filled with apprehension. What in the world could Jake have done to piss off AJ like that?

            When Nick parks, Calleigh comes running off the porch, Shayla close behind. She says, "Can we just go? Do you mind dropping Shayla off at home?"

            Nick says, "Sure...but get in the car. I want to know what's going on."

            Calleigh goes in to full-on Carter-pout-mode and says, "Please, Daddy, can we just go?"

            I see Nick starting to cave. I say, "Nick, take the girls home then come back and pick me up. I'm going to find out what happened."

            Calleigh tries the pouty look with me. I ignore it. When I start into the house, they all follow me. When I walk into the living room, Reese and AJ are in a screaming match.  Aspen skirts the room, a look of horror on her face. When she gets to me, I say, "What's wrong, Red?"

            Before she can answer, AJ screams, "Reese, what the hell were you thinking? He's too old for you!"

            She screams back, "I love him Daddy! WHY won't you listen?"

            As if noticing Nick and I for the first time, AJ takes a ragged breath. "Tell me, Nick, what would you do if you saw your daughter being felt up by that 18-year old asswipe they call a drummer?"

            I look at Aspen, her pale expression now making sense. I squeeze her hand as Nick says, "I'd kill him."

            I groan, closing my eyes. My hand hovers over my stomach as if drawing strength from my newest bundle of joy, Jasmine; set to make her arrival in 4 months. At my age, pregnancy was a risk. We had talked about stopping after Cameron, but I knew Nick wanted a house full of kids and I wanted to give him one more.

            Aspen is watching me and she says, "Come on Twig, you should sit down."

            Nick turns to Calleigh and Shayla as Aspen guides me to a chair. He says, "Calleigh, what's going on?"

            She shrugs, refusing to meet her father's gaze. She and Shayla find the floor fascinating as AJ yells at Reese, "He had his hands under your shirt Reese! You're only 15 for God's sake. Even if you DO think it's ok, it's not.  I could have the fucker arrested for what he did tonight! And I just might!"

            Reese jumps up. "NO! Daddy, don't! I love him. He loves me. You CAN'T!"

            AJ falls back on the sofa and says, "You're too young to know what love is."

            Calleigh drops down beside me and takes my hand. When I look at her, she whispers, "Are you ok?"

            I nod, squeezing her hand. She puts her head on my knees and I rub her hair, watching AJ reign in his temper.  When everyone is calmer, Aspen says, "No more practice. Period. And until you are finished with high school, no band."

            Reese screams, "That's not fair!" before running for her bedroom. Calleigh glances up at me.  I say, "Aspen's right."        

            Her lip quivers, but she nods, laying her head back down.  I can tell she's extremely upset, but she knows as volatile as the situation is, it's time to back off and let everyone calm down.

            Once Reese is gone, Nick says, "OK, what happened?"

            AJ snarls, "That slimy prick had his hands all over Reese. If we hadn't walked in..."

            Aspen says, "AJ, calm down. Don't forget Calleigh and Shayla are still here."

            AJ visibly holds himself in check. Staring first at Shayla, then at Calleigh, he says, "You knew, didn't you? Knew what they were doing?"

            Calleigh is still huddled beside me with her head on my knees.  She whispers, "I'm sorry, Uncle AJ.  She told us to just take 5. I thought...I wasn't sure."

            AJ mutters, "I can't fucking believe this. Why didn't you tell us?"

            Nick steps up and says, "AJ, back off. Calleigh's not to blame."

            AJ snaps, "Who is then, Nick? Who SHOULD I blame?"

            Before Nick can say something he'll regret, I grab his hand and squeeze it hard.  Turning to AJ, I say, "It's not their fault AJ. We need to stay calm."

            "Calm?" The quietness of his voice puts me on edge and I feel Calleigh tense up. "They were supposed to distract us so that sleazeball could fuck my daughter. How the hell is it NOT their fault?!"

            Nick steps forward and I know there's no way I'm stopping him. "DON'T you DARE blame Calleigh. Reese is a loose cannon, just like you, AJ!"

            AJ fires back, "Well look at you Mr. Fuck-em-and-leave-em! What makes you think this hasn't ALREADY happened with your precious little angel?"

            Nick lunges at him.  Aspen gets between them. I struggle to my feet as Calleigh sits back and bows her head sobbing.  While the boys are shouting at each other, I grab Calleigh's hand and pull her from the room. Aspen follows.

            When we're away from the screaming match, I say, "Red, what the hell?"

            Aspen hugs me, then Calleigh and Shayla. "I don't know. Girls, you know I don't blame you.  Reese is older. But you know you should have told us."

            Calleigh leans on me and says, "She hates me now."

            I sigh. "No, she doesn't. She's a teenager and she thinks she's in love. Let's go talk to her."

            Before we get to the stairs, Shayla's mom knocks.  After a quick goodbye with a promise to let her know what's been going on, Aspen, Calleigh and I go up to Reese's room.

            When we get there, it's un-nerving to find the door slightly ajar instead of locked up tight to keep us all out. Aspen goes in and we follow close behind, finding the room empty.

            Aspen picks up a note from the bed and goes deathly pale. I snatch the note as she sinks to the floor and screams in despair.

            Dear AJ and Aspen,

I hate you both! I'm going to be with Jake! And you can't stop me! 

Reese

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Let us know! :)

Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 3

 

Reese

 

            My parents…AJ and Aspen McLean. Until tonight, I thought they wanted me to have everything my heart desired.  Now I know it’s just not true. Dad probably wants to recapture the glory days of his fame by making me a star. Yeah, I want to be a singer, but not for him!  I don’t want to ever see him again.  He’s such a hypocrite.

            As for my Mom…what a joke! She had me alone because she fucked AJ one night after getting drunk at a bar.  A one-night-stand. But oh, Heaven forbid me making love to my boyfriend!  Geesh, it’s not the 70’s anymore.  I know girls younger than me that fuck their boyfriends on a daily basis.  The difference is, Jake LOVES me. He told me so. He wants to be with me all the time.

            Now that I’m out of that house, I head straight to Jake’s. He lives in the apartment above his parent’s garage.  He graduates this year. I can’t help but smile as I think about how sweet he’s been. No guy ever treated me like Jake. He’s such a great kisser…and when he touched my boobs, I thought I’d die it felt so good.

            I just want to feel more.  Last time we made out, when he pressed his knee between my legs, I got all dizzy. I want to feel that again. I want him to do it. Be my first. No, we weren’t gonna do it at my parents. I just wanted some alone time to make out with him. Leave it to Calleigh to fuck everything up for me. She’s always telling me I should slow down with him.

            I climb the steps to Jake’s place and knock.  When he opens the door, he looks behind me with a grimace on his face. “Why are you here, Reese?”

            His attitude really hurts.  Whispering, I say, “I…ran away. I can’t…they said no more practice, no more band…no more you…until I graduate. I can’t…live without you Jakey.”

            He snarls, “DON’T call me that! Fuck, you ran away? If they find you here, they’ll arrest me! You idiot! Why did you come here?”

            Letting my tears fall, I whisper, “I thought…you…loved…me.”

            His expression softens.  “I do, Reese-Cup. You’re my girl. But you can’t be here.”

            I sob loudly as he hugs me to his chest. “What can I do?”

            He says, “Go home. I’ll find a way to see you.”

            I shake my head violently.  “NO! If I go, I’ll never see you again!”

            With a sterner voice, he says, “You have to go home Reese. You’re only 15. If the cops show up, I’ll go to jail then you’ll NEVER see me again.” I pale considerably. “See, you didn’t think of that. Go home. We’ll lay low, keep it quiet and when we can, we’ll get out of here together. OK?”

            I know he’s right. If he goes to jail I’ll never see him.  I throw myself against him and say, “I love you Jake. At least let me stay a while?”

            He pushes me away. “No. As soon as I make sure the coast is clear, you’re outta here. Dammit Reese, I don’t want to go to jail.”

            I sigh, biting my lip. “Sorry Jake. I just…can’t take it anymore. I can’t live there.”

            He snaps his fingers. “What about Calleigh’s? Would her mom and dad take you in a while?”

            I can’t help but snort. “HA! She ratted me out and told what we were doing. Why the hell would I move in with her?”

            He says, “So we can see each other, Stupid. You know she does anything you ask.”

            I think about what he says. “OK. I’ll leave. Will you kiss me before I go?”

            He pulls me roughly against his body and slams his lips over mine. It almost hurts, but at the same time it feels so good.  His hands slide all over my back and my butt. When he finally pulls away, he’s breathing hard. “I’ll go see if it’s clear. Stay here.”

            After he leaves, I roam around his apartment. I’ve never been up here. It’s kind of cool. You can tell a guy lives here. A pile of dirty clothes in the corner, a pile of what looks like clean ones on the couch. 

            I poke through a stack of DVD’s on the table by his bed.  Close to the bottom I see Alice in Wonderland.  Thinking it’s weird he has it, I move the DVD’s on top of it. When I see the cover, I know I blush to my toes. It’s a porn movie. I quickly try to hide it, then I see the movie that was under it. Lilly of the Night. Right there on the cover, is none other than my Aunt Lilly.

            I feel like I’m gonna puke.  I shove the movie in my backpack and restack the DVD’s. I hope to GOD he hasn’t watched it. Aunt Lilly did porn? SERIOUSLY?

            I turn and run down the steps, meeting him at the bottom. He grabs me and says, “I told you to wait.”

            I push him away and say, “I gotta get out of here…I…don’t want…to get you…in trouble.” I turn away, hoping he buys the stuttering act as me still being pissed at Mom and Dad.

            As I’m leaving, he yells, “Call me when the dust settles.”

            I run as fast as I can, thinking there’s no way in HELL I’m gonna call him now. If he found out what Aunt Lilly did, I’d be the laughing stock at school. My aunt, the porn queen. Isn’t that just fucking great?

 

            When I get home, cops are everywhere. Aunt Jade is on the porch with Mom.  When they see me, Mom runs across the grass and practically tackles me, yelling, “Don’t you EVER do that to me again!”

            I struggle to push her away and yell back, “Stop treating me like a baby!”

            Dad comes off the porch, yelling, “DON’T speak to your mother like that! Dammit Reese, what’s wrong with you?”

            I struggle to keep from crying. But tears spill over anyway. “I guess I’m a big fuck up, just like you!”

            I push past him and charge in the house, ignoring his demands for me to stop.  I hear Aunt Jade say, “She’s home you two. Give her time to calm down.”

            Calm down? I’m never gonna calm down. EVER! When I get to my room, Calleigh is there, crying. I’m still pissed at her. “Why are you here?”

            She sniffles. “I…didn’t tell…Reese. I swear, I didn’t!”

            I throw my bag in the corner. “Whatever. Just go already. My life is ruined.”

            She slinks to the door but before she leaves, she whispers, “You’re my best friend, Ree.  I wouldn’t have done that to you.”

            OK, on some level she got to me…not because I believe her…but because Jake’s right. I can use Calleigh to score time with him. I jump up and say, “Leigh, wait.” She stops but won’t look at me. “I know you didn’t.  It’s ok.”

            She looks at me. “You mean it?”

            I roll my eyes. “Yes, I mean it. I ran to Jake’s but he said I had to come home. He doesn’t want to go to jail.”

            She looks at me with her mouth open. “Jake?”

            I snap, “Yes, Jake. I love him. He loves me. Period. When I’m old enough, I’m going to be with him. They can’t stop me.”

            She cringes. “Ree, be careful. Your Dad is really hot now about him. He wants to have him arrested.”

            I sit on my bed.  “If he does, I swear I’ll never EVER speak to him again. I may not anyway after the way he embarrassed me.”

            The door slowly opens and my dad steps inside. He looks…sad. I bite my lip, ashamed of my outburst. As mad as I am, I do love my dad. With his eyes on me, he says, “Calleigh, your mom and dad are ready to go.”

            Calleigh nods. She looks at me and says, “See ya?” I just nod at her.

She tries to skirt around my dad, but he stops her. He turns to her and says, “I’m sorry for yelling at you Calleigh. I was just...mad. I didn’t mean it.”

She nods, looking away from him. “It’s ok,” she barely whispers.”

After she leaves, he turns to me. “We have to have a discussion Reese.”

I nod, knowing it’s gonna be bad.

Chapter 4 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 4

 

Calleigh

 

The ride home from Reese's house was agonizing.  Neither of my parents was talking to me or each other. My mom was rubbing her swollen belly. My dad was focused on the road. All it did was give me time to worry about things.

 

Reese hated me. I didn't blame her. She thought I ratted her out. Sure, I knew she had a thing for Jake, but I wouldn't tell anyone. I was concerned about her attraction to him. Now our friendship was pretty much over. It sucked because I would still have to see her at every family get together. There would be no more Ree and Leigh.  We had been that ever since I was seven and we became best friends.

 

My parents were a different story. This was the first time I saw disappointment in either of their eyes. Even with the belly button ring, my mom never gave me this look. I was always the golden child of the family. Mom and Dad had no reason to ground me because I always did the right thing. I was a good student in school. I managed to make the honor roll and take advance classes this year.  I hung out with the right crowd when I started high school this year. Everything had changed tonight.

 

"Calleigh, we're home. Go upstairs and get ready for bed. We'll talk after we get your brothers to bed." My mom says and gets out of the car.

 

"Everything will be okay, Calleigh. You did nothing wrong. Reese is a wild child. It was bound to happen." My dad said, trying to make me feel better. Unfortunately he wasn't.

 

"Daddy, she's my best friend. Please stop. I can't take you talking bad about her." I said softly. This was the first time I stood up to my dad.

 

I opened the door and ran straight for my bedroom. I listened to my mom and got ready for bed. Once my pajamas were on, I jumped into bed. Waiting for them was torture. All I wanted to do was fall asleep and hope this was a dream.

 

"I'll make a wish for you. And hope it will come true. That life would just be kind." I sang softly to myself. "To such a gentle mind, if you lose your way. Think back on yesterday. Remember me this way."

 

"You have a beautiful voice, sweetheart." My dad said as he entered the room with my mom. She nudged him to remind him that this wasn't about my voice.

 

"Thanks daddy." My face was beat red. "It was the first song Reese and I sang together." I smiled remembering how we watched this old Casper movie we found in my dad's movie collection.

 

"Would you like to tell us what happened tonight?"  My mom sat down on my bed.

 

My dad pulled my desk chair over and straddled it. I didn't like all this attention on me. I couldn't lie to my parents, but I wasn't sure I wanted to talk about the truth.

 

"Reese asked me and Shayla to go get some water during our break. I really didn't think anything of it." I chose my words carefully.

 

"Sweetheart, that means you had nothing to do with it." He smiled at me. "I knew AJ was just being an angry asshole. Thinking his daughter is so sweet and innocent."

 

"Nick, stop it." My mom gave him a pointed glare. Crap, I didn't want to start a fight between them. She looked over at me. "And you didn't know anything was going on between them?"

 

Shit, my mom was on to something. I knew I wouldn't be able to hide what I knew for long. My biggest concern was my mom running her mouth off to Aunt Aspen. Nothing was a secret between the Grey sisters.  Reese was my best friend; I couldn't betray her trust.

 

"That's all I know." The pattern on my bed was very interesting to me at the moment.

 

"Look me in the eye and tell me that."  Mom lifted my chin up so she could see my baby blues.

 

"Jade, I don't think our daughter would lie. She's always been honest with us." Dad moved over to the bed next to me. "Calleigh's always been the good one. Reese on the other hand has been a firecracker since day one."

 

It killed me that my dad thought so badly of Ree. Sure she was a little wild and free spirited. There was nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, I wish I was more like her. It got tiring be cautious and doing everything right.

 

"Pixie is there anything else you want to tell us." Dad asked tenderly.  "You won't be in trouble. We just want to help Reese."

 

My dad had me with his last comment. Reese was my best friend. I didn't want her getting into any more trouble, but what if something was to happen to her. I would feel responsible. I cared about her. I knew I had to tell my parents.

 

"Reese and Jake have been an item for a while." I focused my eyes on the floor. "She really cares about him. Jake seems to really...umm...love her."

 

"All guys are in love with you as long as you sleep with them." My dad snorted.

 

"I don't think they had sex yet." I whispered. I didn't like talking about sex with my parents. It was embarrassing.

 

"What makes you say that, Calleigh?" Mom questioned.

 

"Ree has talked about it a lot lately. I told her to slow down. If Jake loves her like he says he does, he'll wait."

 

"Pixie, have any guys pressured you about sex?" My dad started panicking.

 

I knew this was going to happen if I mentioned the word sex. "No, daddy. You don't have to worry.  I don't have time for boys. School and the band keep me busy. I'm not popular with the boys like Ree is."

 

"What do you mean?" My mom situated herself to get comfortable.

 

"Well, Reese has always been a flirt when it came to guys. Every time we hung out with our friends, she always was with a different boy. I think she kissed half of the boys at school. When Jake came along things changed." I was feeling sick to my stomach. It was horrible betraying my best friend's trust.

 

"What changed?"

 

"She fell for him at the beach party before school started. They disappeared for a couple of hours. After that she stopped flirting with all the other guys. It was always about Jake. She would skip lunch to spend time with him." I sighed, feeling defeated.

 

My parents looked me knowing that Reese was in over her head. They were going to tell her parents.

 

"Then all those boys tried to flirt with me, but I ignored them because I'm not allowed to date for two more years." I took a breath. "I told her to take things slow, but she barely listened to me." The tears started falling and my dad rushed to my side.

 

"Calleigh, it's not your fault. You tried. You can't make someone do something they don't want to." My dad was trying to comfort me, but it wasn't working.

 

"So you knew that Reese and Jake were an item." Mom interjected. "So you knew what was going to happen if they were left alone."

 

"Yes, mom. I knew she wanted alone time with him. Ree had the whole thing planned. She decided to hold practice on a weekday, which we never do. She just...just wanted extra time with him." I cried harder. "I went along with it because I just wanted to sing. I didn't mean to lie to AJ or Aspen. I was afraid I'd be in trouble. I'm sorry I lied to you both. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay, Pix." My dad was always my biggest fan even when I did wrong.

 

"Sweetheart, I appreciate you telling us the truth. That means a lot, but you still lied to your aunt and uncle and us. That's not the way you were raised."

 

"Jade..."

 

"Don't Jade me, Nick. She lied to us. I won't tolerate that from her."  My mom was getting pissed. It only made me feel guiltier. I didn't want to stress her out. It wasn't good for the baby.

 

"I'm not in trouble am I? You said if I told you the truth I wouldn't be in trouble." I asked nervously. I was worried that I would be grounded for life or something.

 

"I keep my promises, Pixie."

 

"You aren't in trouble, but right now I don't completely trust you. We had to pull the truth out of you. We shouldn't have to do that. You should have just been forthcoming in beginning." My mom lectured. "I don't appreciate you lying to your aunt and uncle. For that you will be punished."

 

"But mom!" I whined. "Dad said I wasn't in any trouble. That's not fair."

 

"Life isn't fair, Calleigh. You're dad asked you to tell the truth, and you did. That doesn't make up for lying to adults. It's late and you need to get to bed. You have school in the morning. Your Dad and I will discuss your punishment and let you know after school tomorrow." My mom got off the bed and gave me a quick kiss good night.

 

"Fine." I slid under the covers as my parents left the room. For the first time, I was majorly pissed at Reese. Her stupid plan got me in trouble. From now on, I was going to stand up to her. I wasn't going to be walked on. Look out world, Calleigh the bitch had arrived.

 

~ Remember Me This Way - Jordan Hill 

 

End Notes:

We want to hear your thoughts!! 

Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 5

 

Aspen

 

Getting through to Reese was pointless. She had her mind set and wouldn’t listen to reason. AJ was carrying on to the point of being ridiculous. I was stuck with a headache. I finally had enough after they woke Hayden up for the second time.

 

Reese was fast asleep with the promise of not running away. She was exhausted and cried herself to sleep about twenty minutes ago. Being a momma hen, I checked on her every half hour or so. AJ was pacing the length of the living room when I walked in from checking on my eldest daughter.

 

“Would you stop? This isn’t solving the problem.” I collapsed onto the couch, landing on a bunch of Hayden’s toys. I grabbed the Barbie Doll from underneath me and threw it at AJ.

 

“What the fuck, Aspen?” He stopped.

 

“Can you sit down and discuss your daughter like an adult?” I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to get rid of the pounding in my head.

 

“How can you be so calm? I want to shake her and kick Jake’s ass.” Hatred spewed from his mouth as he sunk down beside me.

 

“I’m furious and disheartened, but screaming and throwing a fit isn’t going to help things. It just pisses Reese off more. She’s going to fly off the handle if you keep doing it. I’m afraid of what she’ll do.”

 

“You’re right. I just…just…I just can’t deal with my daughter being intimate with a guy.” He said quietly. From his breathing I could tell he was crying. “She’s too young. Reese is my little girl.”

 

“I don’t like the fact that she’s with an older guy, but maybe we should have taken a different approach.” I expounded. Reese had a temper like her father, and the littlest things set her off.

 

“He’s fucking eighteen years old. Reese is a minor. So help me God, if they are having sex. I’ll press charges.” AJ cringed at the thought. I didn’t want to picture my daughter having sex. It was a possibility. There were girls younger than her having sex.

 

“That might not be the solution. Look how she freaked out tonight. What’s going to stop her from running away again? She may not have told us where she went tonight, but five bucks tells me she went to see him.” I leaned into my husband.

 

“I want Reese to get a pregnancy test.” AJ said adamantly. “And get tested for STDs. Jake seems like the type of guy that gets around.”

 

“That’s not going to go over well with our daughter. She’s denying they went that far.” I was quiet for a moment, thinking of how I was going to explain my next comment to AJ. He was going to go apeshit on me. “I think we should put Reese on birth control.”

 

“Are you insane?” His voice rose. “That’s like giving her permission to screw around. No daughter of mine will be on birth control. I can’t believe you, Aspen.” AJ scooted away from me.

 

“I’d rather our daughter didn’t get knocked up. If you want to be a grandpa in the near future, let her go behind our backs and have sex without protection.” I snapped at him.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you, Aspen? You freak out about a stupid little tattoo, but you want to give our daughter permission to fuck any guy she chooses. That’s just wrong.” AJ yelled at me.

 

“Just think if she comes home one day and tells us she’s pregnant. What are you going to do?” I screeched.

 

It wasn’t that I wanted Reese on birth control, but I’d rather have her safe and not a mom at sixteen. I didn’t see any alternatives. I’d rather be safe than sorry.

 

Neither of us said anything for a few minutes. AJ was pissed at me, but this was nothing new. The last few months we weren’t getting along like we used to. This was only going to further the distance between us.

 

A knocking at the door pulled me out of my dismal thoughts. AJ left the room and headed toward the kitchen. I forced myself to answer the door. Jade was standing on the porch.

 

“Why are you standing on my porch at eleven thirty at night?” I squawked at my older sister.

 

“I needed to get away from the jerk called my husband, and I had a craving for Oreo’s. How’s Reese?” Jade pushed her way into the house.

 

“Emotional. Over the top. AJ’s not helping.” I sighed. “I finally got him to ease off on her so she could get some sleep. This is such a mess. How’s Calleigh doing?”

 

“Calleigh is hurt and confused.” Jade took a seat on the couch and opened her package of cookies. “She feels like she’s betraying her best friend. Plus, Nick isn’t helping.”

 

“I’m sure this whole thing freaked him out. He’s picturing Calleigh doing the same thing.” I grabbed a cookie. “We all know that she wouldn’t.”

 

“I’m not so sure. When you’re young and in love you do stupid things. God, I think about all the idiotic things I did for Nick, and I was an adult.” Jade cringed as she looked at me. We both started to giggle.

 

“Yeah and I’m no role model. Reese knows that I got pregnant with her during a drunken one-night stand with a pop star.”

 

“But you were an adult. She’s a child.” She got quiet as AJ entered the room and joined us.

 

“Is this a private conversation?” AJ glared at the both of us.

 

“No, you’re more than welcome to stay.” I said with a bite. I was tired of his attitude with me. I didn’t do anything wrong.

 

Jade glanced at both of us, not sure what was going on. She knew there was more going on between me and AJ than just Reese. I gave her a half smile, telling her not to worry about it.

 

“I just wanted to share with you some things Calleigh told me.” Jade paused, gauging our reaction. “From what she told us, Jake isn’t the first guy Reese made out with. Apparently she’s very popular with the guys at school.”

 

“Are you saying my daughter is a slut? That’s funny coming from you.” AJ snorted.

 

“I wasn’t saying that. Kissing boys doesn’t make you a slut.” My sister rolled her eyes at him. “Reese and Jake have been an item longer than you think.”

 

“I can’t believe she’s hidden this from us. How long?” My worse fear was coming true. Maybe Reese wasn’t as innocent as I thought. At this point I couldn’t make heads or tails of things. It was a mess.

 

“Since the beach party before school started. Calleigh said Reese stopped flirting with all the other guys and focused only on Jake.”

 

“OH, MY FUCKING GOD. I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!!! I CAN’T TRUST ANYONE!”  Reese ran down the stairs and into the living room.

 

“Calm down, before you wake up everyone in the house.” AJ snipped at his daughter.

 

“I DON’T CARE. I HATE ALL OF YOU. THIS IS FUCKING UNFAIR.” She yelled even louder.

 

“And you see why we don’t trust your judgment, Reese.” AJ stood up. He walked over to her.

 

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” Reese moved away and in the process bumped into her dad. She looked at him with hatred.

 

“Reese, everyone loves you. That’s why we’re so concerned for you well-being.” Jade said trying to get her to understand our point of view.

 

“All you’re doing is making my life miserable. I love Jake. I want to be with Jake, and nobody cares how I feel. My best friend deceived me.” Reese started to cry.

 

“You’re only fifteen. You don’t know what love is. Jake’s just using you to get into your pants.” AJ screamed loud enough to wake the dead. If Grayson or Hayden woke up, I was going to blow my top.

 

“Yeah, dad you keep fucking telling me that. You are so full of bullshit.” She wiped the tears on her t-shirt. “I do know what love is. It doesn’t matter how old you are. Jake and I are meant to be.”

 

“Reese, you’re never going to see him again.” AJ stormed out of the room.

 

Reese fell to the floor crying hysterically. I made my way over to her and wrapped my daughter in my arms. It was killing me seeing Reese hurting. I rocked her as she sobbed letting all her emotion out.  

 

 

Chapter 6 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 6

 

Jade

 

            I can't believe Nick. "Jade, come on, I promised her she wouldn't be in trouble. You're making me out to be a liar."

            I shake my head. "No, I'm showing Calleigh there are consequences to her actions. Nick, I'm not stupid, her punishment won't be severe. But there has to be something to make her think twice about lying to us again."

            He shakes his head. "You don't think she feels bad enough? She thinks she ratted out her friend. That's a punishment in itself."

            My anger at his thick headedness reaches its boiling point. "Nick, do you hear yourself? You want her guilty conscience to be her punishment? What happens when she lies to US? Don't you want Reese to come to us and tell us Calleigh could be in trouble? Or do you want some older guy to tie her up and have his way with her?"

            He blanches. "That's a low blow, Jade. You were an adult when we did that."

            I sigh. "I know that Nick. I wasn't talking about you, you ass. Why do you think I was so willing to let you dominate me? You weren't the first. I don't want Calleigh to go through what I did in high school." I turn on my heel. "I'm going out for Oreos. Don't wait up."

 

            After getting my Oreos and a carton of milk, I start home. No, can't do that. I don't know if I'm ready for round two with Nick. Instead I go to Aspen's to check on Reese.

            When I walk in, it's easy to see Aspen and AJ are in the same shape as Nick and I. Don't get me wrong, I get it.  Reese is getting in over her head. Maybe I should talk to her? 

            Of course, the yelling match wakes the younger kids.  I try to get them back to sleep, but they want their mommy. I go back to the living room.  Aspen and Reese are still on the floor. Reese is sobbing quietly, Aspen is in tears. "Aspen, the kids want you. Let me...talk to Reese. OK?"

            She nods. When they get up off the floor, I say, "Reese, let's go to your room, ok?" She nods and I follow her.

            Once there, I can't help but look around the room and smile. It's an homage to pop stars and movie stars, much as mine was an homage to the Backstreet Boys. I think of Nick and my heart breaks a little more. I never should have brought up my past. Now he's gonna want Calleigh locked away forever.

            Reese sits on her bed, nervous. She keeps glancing at me then looking away. Finally she says, "I won't ever stop loving him, Aunt Jade."

            I sit by her and smile indulgently. "Oh, I think you will Reese. You're young. You love him now, but...you need to realize boys aren't always what they appear to be in high school. If he's truly the one, you know he'll be there when you turn 18. Is that so long to wait?"

            Her lip quivers. "I want to be with him now. Why is it so bad? I know what I'm doing."

            I shake my head. "Sweetheart, you don't know any more than I did at your age. You just think you do because you want to control your own destiny. Your parents are only trying to protect you."

            I rub my stomach. She watches my hand. "Aunt Jade...am I as bad as Uncle Nick said?"

            Again, I want to throttle my husband. "No, Reese, you're not. Nick is a dad. He's worried about Calleigh, and believe it or not, about you too. He just says the wrong thing because his mouth works faster than his brain. That happens to most guys." She tries to hide it, but I see her smile. "Reese, you're a good kid. But you are STILL a kid. You're body is maturing and you're feeling things that are new and amazing. Believe me, I get it. But...sex is not what you need now. Trust me. If Jake is the one, he'll be there in a few years. He's not gonna go anywhere."

            She tears up again. "Mom and Dad won't let me see him at all. They are breaking up the band."

            I take her hand. "Listen, Calleigh wants the band as much as you. It may take a few weeks, but...I'll do my best to get them to give in. You guys have talent. You should explore it. But you have to let this blow over."

            She falls back on her bed. "They'll ground me forever."

            I nod. "Probably. But Reese, no matter how much you hate the punishment, don't hate your parents. You, Grayson and Hayden are the center of their universe. They want to protect you."

            She snorts.  "They don't want me to grow up."

            I nod. "You're right. But part of growing up is learning to accept limitations. You can get into serious trouble if you don't." She doesn't say anything. "Reese, I'm gonna go home. I know it's hard. If you ever want to talk and you're uncomfortable talking to your Mom and Dad, you can come to me. As long as you aren't in danger, I won't tell them anything you say. I promise. OK?" She just nods. "Reese, Calleigh didn't rat you out. I made her tell me the truth. She's only 14 and I don't want her making the same mistakes I did. I don't want YOU making them. Understand?"

            She looks up at me. "Aunt Calleigh...can I ask you something?" I know what's coming. I just nod. "How old were you when you...umm..."

            I sigh. "I was 15, Reese. And it was the second biggest mistake I ever made in my life."

            Her eyes grow wide. "Really? What was the biggest?"

            I feel my heart constrict. "I won't tell you that, Reese. Not until you're much older. I will tell you I almost lost Calleigh because of it." She gasps. "Reese, it's ok to be mad at your parents and at Uncle Nick and myself. You see us as keeping you from being happy. Someday you're gonna realize what TRUE happiness is. When that happens, you know your mom and dad are going to be there for you." She doesn't say anything. I lean closer and hug her. "Talk to your mom. When your dad calms down, talk to him. If you want them to treat you like an adult, you have to start acting like it."

            When I get to the door, she says, "Aunt Jade?" I turn and she whispers, "Thanks."

            I smile through my tears. "Anytime. Now get some sleep."

 

            I meet Aspen in the hallway. "She's ok, Red. Let her sleep tonight."

            Aspen hugs me. "Did she say anything?"

            I shake my head. "Nothing I'm going to tell you. She will when she's ready." I glance down the hallway. "What about AJ?" She bites her lip to keep it from quivering. "Go talk to him, Red. You guys need each other to get through this." I take a deep breath. "And I need Nick so I better go home and talk to him."

            She walks me to the door. "What about your Oreos?"

            I laugh. "Keep them. Reese may need them." I hug her. "Love you Red."

            When we part, she says, "Love you too Twig. Drive carefully."

 

            When I get home, every light in the house is on except the kids' bedrooms. I know Nick's waiting up worried.  Before I can even get out of the car, he's out the front door and striding towards me. I cringe, knowing this is gonna be bad. "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"

            I sigh, closing the car door and locking it. "I went to Aspens to share my Oreos with her and check on them."

            His gaze softens slightly. "You'd rather share with her than me?"

            I nod, pushing away from him. "When you're not listening to me, yes."

            I walk determinedly into the house. This is NOT a conversation our neighbors need to hear. As he's coming through the door, he says, "Jade..."

            I sigh and lower my head. "Nick, I'm tired. If you want to talk, we can, but can I at least get ready for bed first?"

            He slides up next to me and uses his fingers to force my gaze to his. "Jade, I love you."

            I lean against him. "I love you too. And we will talk, I promise. Let's go to bed."

 

            While he turns off the lights and locks up, I go to our room and grab my sleep shirt. By the time he makes it upstairs, I'm stripped down to my panties. As I'm shrugging on the shirt, he whispers, "You're still the most beautiful woman in the world, Jade."

            As I pull it into place, I turn to him. "You're still the most loving man." I step closer to him. "I'm sorry Nick. I don't want us to fight."

            He puts his forehead against mine and says, "We're not going to. You're right. I don't want Calleigh to get hurt."

            I sigh. "Let's talk about it Nick."

            We sit on the bed and he listens to everything I have to say. How my first crush ended up being my first boyfriend. How he took my virginity then made me his submissive. How he commanded me to have sex with his friends. I didn't think of it as rape. I thought I was doing it out of love. I chose to let him dominate me because I thought I was happy that way. When I finish, he says, "How old were you?"

            "Fifteen." I think about how Calleigh will be fifteen soon. I worry about her making better choices than I did at that age.

            I feel Nick's anger welling up in his body. I take his hand and place it on my stomach, hoping to diffuse part of the storm. He rubs me gently. "You're telling me that you were a sex slave at fifteen?" I nod. "Did your parents ever do anything? Have him arrested?"

            I shake my head. "No one knew. I hid things well."

            He blushes. "You are good at that." When my eyes clash with his, he asks, "How many?"

            I sigh.  "Six."

            "Including him?" he asks. I just nod. He kisses my temple and lets me cry. "I love you Jade. I'm sorry if anything we did made you feel..."

            I tilt my head back, meeting his gaze. "Nick, when I was with you, the things we did together; I wanted them. I wanted to make you happy because I loved you. I don't regret it. I never will." I smile. "I enjoyed it. You're such a turn on when you're all powerful like that." My smile falters. "I miss it."

            His shocked expression makes me laugh. "Even after 3 kids...soon to be 4...you still would want to...would enjoy...that?"

            I pull his face to mine and let my lips answer his question. God I love this man. And everything about him. When our lips part, I whisper, "Make love to me Nick."

            He buries his face in my neck and whispers, "Only you, Jade. Only you."

 

 

 

End Notes:

Still wanna know what you think!! :)

Chapter 7 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 7

 

Reese

 

            After Aunt Jade leaves, I stare at the ceiling. Is she right? Will Jake wait for me? God, I don't know what to do. I want to be right about Jake, that he loves me more than anything, but...well, let's face it. I AM only fifteen. IF we do have sex, he could very well go to jail. Even thought I want him badly, I would be crushed if he went to jail.

            I sit up and reach for my backpack. I pull out Aunt Lilly's movie. I still can't believe she did porn. Part of me wants to burn it, but...I wonder what it's like. I've never seen that kind of movie ever. Mom and Dad don't even want me to watch a rated R movie.  I look around my room. I have to hide this...but where.

            I get up and run to my closet, thankful Mom and Dad let me get so many purses. I yank one down from the shelf in the back and shove the DVD in it. I put it back, being careful to hide it under some of the other ones.

            I climb back in bed and pull the covers up. It's been such a rotten night and my head is splitting. I want to get some Tylenol but I don't want to run into Mom and Dad. I close my eyes, praying my head will stop hurting so I can go to sleep.

            I hear my door open. I know it's Mom. Do I pretend to be asleep? Before I have a chance to think it through, she sits behind me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Reese, are you ok?"

            I nod into the pillow. I feel like I'm going to cry. "I just want to sleep Mom."

            She rubs my back. "OK, Honey. I thought you might want some Tylenol. I know your head hurts when you cry."

            I sit up and turn to face her, falling into her arms. "I'm sorry Mom. I'm SO sorry. Please...please don't hate me."

            She sniffles. "Reese, I could never hate you. I just hope you don't hate me."

            I squeeze her tighter. "Mom, he loves me. I know you don't believe it, but I love him too."

            What she says floors me. "I know you love him Reese. But...he IS too old for you right now. You have a lot of growing up to do. So does he." When I don't say anything, she says, "Reese, tell me the truth. Did you have sex with him?" Embarrassed, I just shake my head no, refusing to look at her. She sighs. "Reese, I want you to think about something, ok?"

            I hear a lecture coming. "What Mom?"

            She says, "How would you have handled it if you had slept with Jake and got pregnant? Think about it. Would he be there for you or would you be on your own?"  Before I can answer her, she says, "Think about it Reese. I do honestly think you're too young and the law is on my side. If you have sex with him, you could be sending him to jail for at least five years. Is that what you want?"

            I push away. "God, no, Mom, what do you think, I'm insane?

            She shakes her head. "Reese, I think you're a beautiful, intelligent girl. You understand there are consequences to your actions. Please...just wait. Sex isn't the be-all, end-all of relationships. You gotta have the love too or it won't work."

            I hear sadness in her voice. Profound sadness. "Mom, are you and Dad ok?"

            She tries to hide it, but I see her tears. "He's very angry, Reese. I am too. We both said things we shouldn't have.  I'm sure we'll be ok."

            I clamor from the bed as she stands to leave and grab her arm. When she faces me, I see it.  She's so very sad. I hug her and cry. "I'm sorry Mom. Please don't fight with Dad. I'll behave, I promise. I won't...I won't have sex with anyone, I swear!"

            I feel her shaking as she sobs with me. I don't know how long we've cried. Then I hear Dad. "Umm, can I...come in?"

            Mom and I pull apart and I look into her eyes. She whispers, "I love you Reese."

            I whisper, "Love you too, Mom," before I turn to face Dad. I feel the blood drain from my face. He's been crying.

            He holds his arms out and says, "I'm sorry I yelled at you, Reese's Pieces."

            I run to him, flinging myself against him and squeezing his waist. "I'm...sorry...too...Daddy!"

 

            I wake up the next morning feeling like crap. It aches to move. The thought of school makes me get going though. I'll get to see Jake. When I sit up, I groan loudly. What a lousy night.  My head still hurts and my eyes are puffy and burning. I'm gonna look like crap.

            When I get downstairs for breakfast, Dad's alone in the kitchen. I'm not sure if I should stay or go hide again. Before I can leave, he sees me. He smiles timidly. "Hey."

            "Hey." Not knowing what else to say, I grab a bowl and reach for the cereal.

            Dad clears his throat. "If you want to stay home today, you can. I know last night was...bad."

            I sigh, wanting to do exactly that. Stay home. But I don't. "I'm ok, Dad. I'll go to school."

            He motions for me to take a chair and says, "Then I want us to talk, Reese. Not argue. Not yell.  Talk.  OK?" I nod warily and sit beside him, spoon in hand. "First of all, I love you. I've loved you since the day I sat eyes on you Reese. I only want what's best for you. Understand?"

            I nod.  "I know Dad. But I'm growing up. You have to let me grow up."

            He smiles a sad smile.  "I know. I don't like it, but I know." He takes a deep breath. Oh boy, here it comes. "I called Jake's parents this morning."

            The blood drains from my face. "You did what?"

            He ducks his head. "They need to know." He clears his throat. "I know Mom asked you about sleeping with him, and I know you told her you didn't. I want to believe you Reese. I think I do believe you...but I'm worried. He's supposedly an adult. He's supposed to know better."

            I put my spoon down. Did Dad just say he believes me? "You...believe me? Dad I swear, we never..."

            He holds up his hand. "Don't. Please. This is a talk you're going to have to have with your mother because I just can't deal with this part of you growing up." He sighs. "But I can and will protect you at all costs. Jake...is going to a different school for the remainder of the school year."

            Blood drains from my face. "WHAT?"

            He closes his eyes. "It wasn't my suggestion. I only wanted them to tell Jake to stay away from you until you're an adult. They don't want him to go to jail anymore than you do so his father said they would let him go to another school. It was...Jake's idea to switch."

            He's lying. He has to be. "Why would Jake...what did you say to him?"

            He shakes his head. "I didn't speak to Jake. Just his father. Jake had already told them he wanted to switch schools." He slowly reaches out and touches my hand. "Reese, IF he loves you, when you turn 18 he'll be back. He just doesn't want to go to jail."

            I sniff loudly. "Can I really stay home?"

            He smiles. "I called the school and told them you might not make it. I'll call back and confirm it."  He glances behind me. Mom's there. "Aspen, is she...?"

            Mom sits beside me, nodding. "Calleigh wants to come over today. She feels horrible Reese. She didn't tell us anything."

            I know she didn't. Not intentionally anyway.  "OK."

            Dad stands up and leans over to kiss my head. Mom stands with him. When they walk out of the room, I follow quietly. I hear Dad say, "Are we ok, Aspen?"

            Mom whispers, "Yes. I love you AJ."

            I hear him whisper, "I love you too, Baby."

            They fought because of me. More tears seep from my eyes. Why does everyone get hurt because of me? I swipe my face and go finish my cereal.

            When I get to my room, I sit on my bed. Jake's moving to a new school. Why didn't HE call and tell me? What the hell? God, can this suck any worse?

When Mom comes into my room and I see the look on her face, I know it can. Now what? "Reese, Calleigh's on her way, but before she gets here...I want to talk to you."

I can't stop myself from saying, "Mom, can we please not fight anymore?"

She smiles. "I don't want to fight. I'm...going to get you an appointment with my gynecologist."

What? "Why Mom?"

She sighs. "You need to understand the consequences of sex. She's the best to explain it all to you."

I know there's more.  "And?"

She shakes her head. "I think I'll wait till the day of the appointment to tell you that. You go at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. I got an emergency appointment."

As she walks out, I want to just die. A gynecologist? A doctor to look at me down there and stick their fingers in me? FUCK, what did I do to deserve this? But I know the answer. I almost had sex with Jake. DAMN!

 

 

End Notes:

Love to know what you think!! :)

Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 8

Calleigh

My parents let me take the day off from school. I was surprised because I had to be deathly ill in order to miss a day of school. Mom and Dad were worried about me and my friendship with Reese. Dad was dropping me off at Reese’s after he took Michael and Cameron to school.

“Things will work out, Pixie. AJ and I had many fights, and he’s still one of my best friends. It happens, and it’s not easy. I’m sorry is all Reese will need to hear.” He places a kiss on my cheek. “I’ll be over this afternoon to get you.”

“Thanks for the pep talk, Daddy.” I give him a smile. Then I get out and run inside the house.

“Hi, Calleigh!” Hayden, who’s four, runs over and gives me a hug. “Why aren’t you at school? Reese didn’t go to school either. Grammy Denise is driving me to school this morning and taking me to story hour.”

“That sounds like fun, Hayden. Is Ree in her room?”

“Yep. She’s so sad. All she does is cry, cry, cry.” She says dramatically.

“Well, I’m going to check on her. Have fun today.” I run up the stairs before any of the adults see me. I hear them in the kitchen talking about Reese.

For the first time in my life I was nervous to talk to my best friend. She was mad at me, and I didn’t blame her. Deep down I was mad at myself, even though I knew I did the right thing telling my parents.

I knock on the door, but she doesn’t answer. I knock a little louder. Still nothing. My stomach is in knots. I feel like I’m losing my best friend. I open the door slightly. Reese has her headphones on, so she can’t hear me. I breathe a sigh of relief. Slowly I walk in.

Reese stares at me for what seems like eternity. A sick feeling washes over me. I don’t know what to say. Without a care in the world, she takes off the headphones and places them on her desk.

“Are you okay?” I ask quietly while staring down at her lime green carpet.

“Not really.” She pauses and sits down on her bed. “Things pretty much suck worse than ever. Did you know Jake transferred to a different school? Now, I’ll never get to see him.”

I take a seat next to her. I try to relate to her, but I can’t. I’ve never been in love with a boy. “Ree, I know that you’re heart is breaking, but maybe Jake isn’t the right guy for you.”

“What would you know about? You’re afraid of boys. I see the way you act around boys. It’s pathetic. You get all uptight when a boy asks you for a pencil. You’re such a prude, Leigh.” Reese replies harshly. My feelings are hurt.

I don’t say anything. She’s telling the truth about me. I can’t help that I’m shy and focused on my singing. Boys just aren’t important to me yet.

“Ree, I’m trying to be a friend. I’m sorry you don’t like what I have to say, but you’ve changed since you started dating Jake. It’s like you’ve become a first class bitch. I might be naïve when it comes to guys, but at least I don’t throw myself at any guy that pays attention to me.” Where I got my confidence to stand up to Reese, I don’t know. I was sick of her playing the victim.

“Now who’s the bitch?” Reese stares at me for what seems like forever. I relax when I see her crack a smile. “Leigh, I think that’s first time I’ve heard you cuss. I like this new Calleigh. It’s about time you stood up for yourself.”

Reese pulls me in for a hug. We stay there a long time; I feel her tears falls against my face and mix with mine. I’m not sure how long we stay this way, but it feels therapeutic.

“Leigh, I’m sorry I keep taking it out on you. It just hurts so much.” Ree falls to the bed. “I don’t know if I’ll ever get over him. Jake didn’t even tell me about switching schools. He could have at least texted me.”

“Well, then he’s a jackass. You deserve to be treated like a princess.” I thought about it for a minute. “Maybe you should give him some time. It can’t be easy on Jake. He’s left all his friends and you behind. He’s no longer in the band. I’m sure your dad scared the crap out of him with all that talk about jail.”

“I want to be positive about it, but I keep thinking the worst. I’ve bit my nails down. Look.” Reese shoves her fingers in my face. I swear she has ADHD. “I need a manicure.”

I start giggling. Reese joins me. It feels good to laugh after everything that’s happened. “Want me to paint your nails while we talk?”

“Sure. Let me grab my new polish.” Reese runs to her bathroom. She comes out with a brand new bottle. “Here you go.”

I look at the bottle and blush. “Who comes up with these titles?”

“You mean you don’t like Lick Me Lilac.” Reese chuckles.

I start painting Reese’s nails; she is quiet so I know something is on her mind. I worry about her when she keeps stuff to herself. It’s not healthy.

“Ree, what’s bothering you?” I ask full of concern. She’s already hurting enough. I don’t want to see her going through any more pain.

“Leigh, have…have you ever been to the gynecologist?” She asks with her eyes cast down.

“No!” I turn red. “Most women don’t until there older, like in college.”

“Oh.” Reese sounds defeated.

“The only person I know our age who went it Shelby Waterford, but that’s cause she got pregnant.”

“Oh fuck!” Reese whispers. I can see that she’s pale. “I hate my life. I hate my mom.”

“Ree, what’s wrong?” I’m in a tizzy again. I cap the bottle of nail polish.

“She’s making me go to the gynecologist tomorrow. She doesn’t believe me. I told her I haven’t had sex, and she doesn’t believe me.”  Reese starts to hyperventilate.

“Calm down.” I rub her back. “I know you don’t want to go. I wouldn’t either. The thing is Ree, if you go and get checked out; you’ll prove to your parents that you haven’t had umm…sex.”

“I know. You’re right.” She whimpers. “It’s just so embarrassing. No one’s ever touched me down there and some icky doctor is going to. Why can’t my parents trust me?”

Before I have a chance to speak, I hear a knock on the door. Reese wipes her eyes. “Who is it?” She asks.

“It’s Mom. Lunch is ready. See you and Calleigh in a few minutes.” Aunt Aspen calls through the door.

“Reese, please don’t let this get you down. Things will get better. You have to believe it. I promise to be by your side.” I wrap myself around her. “I’m sorry for ratting you out. I shouldn’t have. Friends don’t do that. Please don’t hate me. You’re the only best friend I have.”

“Calleigh, I know. I think I’m more hurt than mad. I know I’ll get over it. We’re best friends forever.” She pulls away. “We better get downstairs before mom sends dad up. Go downstairs while I freshen up.”

We both get up and Reese grabs her phone. I know she’s going to do something she regrets. “What are you doing?”

“I’m sending Jake a text. I need to hear from him.” She sighs as she starts to type.

I roll my eyes. Apparently, she hasn’t learned from her mistakes. “That’s only going to get both of you in trouble. What if Jake gets sent to jail? They can use those texts against him. ”

“Leigh, you don’t understand. I love him. I want to be with him in every way, including having sex. Please don’t say anything. We’re not sexting. I just told him I missed him.” She looks at me with a hard stare. “Please don’t say anything.”

I’m between a rock and a hard place. I know this is wrong, but I can’t betray Reese again. I wouldn’t want her to break my trust. I decide being a best friend is more important than being a tattletale. “Fine. I don’t like it, but I’m going to pray that you stop this crazy behavior. I don’t want you to get hurt or in trouble, but if things get out of hand, I’m going to have to tell my mom and dad.”

“Thanks, Leigh! You’re the best. I promise nothing is going to happen. Just relax about it.” She sets her phone on the desk. “I’m starving. Let’s go eat lunch.”

Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 9

Aspen

When I pull into the parking lot of the school to pick up Reese, she is standing there flirting with a group of boys. No wonder I worry about her.

Reese sees my silver Audi coupe and slowly walks over. She gets in and buckles up. “You trying to relive your youth?” She remarks sarcastically.

“Not really.” I look at her and chuckle. “I figured it would be cooler than your mom pulling up in a minivan.”

“Mom, this is L.A. nobody’s parents pick them up from school. For being a celebrity’s kid, I’m sure overprotected.” She sighs. Reese is still upset. I didn’t think she would get over it that quickly.

“You’ll thank us for it someday.” I pull onto the main road. “Anyway, I want to fill you in on some stuff before we get to the doctor’s.”

“Mom, we really don’t have to discuss this. It’s embarrassing enough without you going into detail.” Reese fiddles with her purse.

“Reese Elizabeth, if you think you’re mature enough to date and have sex then you get to deal with the consequences.” Reese doesn’t realize that I’m not totally comfortable talking about sex with her. I’ve always been open with her about everything, but that doesn’t make it easy. AJ is squeamish about talking to Reese about sex, so I get to do it alone.

“Fine mom. I’m waiting for the lecture.”

“Reese, this isn’t a lecture. Even though you’ve told us you haven’t had sex, dad and I want you to get tested for STDS.”

“What the fuck? This is unfair. I’m telling the fucking truth.” Reese yells.

“Enough with the foul language. You don’t need to curse to get my attention. You aren’t going to like what I’m going to tell you next.” I kept my eyes on the road.

“I haven’t the past few days. Why start now?” She mouths off. Reese and I were always butting heads. She has been a daddy’s girl all her life. At least I got the first three years.

“We also want you to get a pregnancy test. Just to be safe.” I pull into the parking lot.

As soon as I stop, she races out of the car. I take my time giving Reese some space to digest what I threw at her. Maybe it was wrong to spring it on her five minutes before her appointment. Damn, I was doing a horrible job raising a teenager.

Reese was sitting in the waiting room reading the latest issue of Cosmo. I took the seat next to her. “Did you check in?” I ask quietly.

“I’m Reese, not Hayden. Of course I checked in.” She says loudly. Everyone in the waiting room stares at us.

“Mind your manners.” She ignores me and continues to read. I grab the magazine and realize she’s reading an article about sexual positions. I quickly say a prayer of sanity to deal with my daughter. “Do you want me to go in with you?”

“Mom, this is embarrassing enough. You want me to be mature; then I can handle it on my own.”

“Reese McLean.” The nurse calls out. She gets up and stomps all the way into to the examining room.

I’m a nervous wreck sitting in the waiting room. In my heart I believe Reese, but my mind says it’s better to not let things get further out of control. She may be mad at me and her dad, but we are doing what we think is best.

I look around and see a young woman about nineteen or twenty with a swollen belly. I picture Reese looking like that and I feel a panic attack coming. What would I do if she was pregnant? I hope I don’t find out for a long time.

After our appointments, I take Reese out to dinner. (Yes, I had one, too.) I was hoping we could have a woman to woman discussion without an argument.

“So, was it as bad as you thought?” I pick at my salad.

“It was torture.” She dips her fry in mustard. “Nah, it wasn’t bad at all. Dr. Ballone was nice. We talked a lot and then she took some blood and stuff.”

“Did you learn anything?” I find it frustrating that I have to pull answers from her. Reese is usually a chatter box about everything. The one time I want her to be, she clams up.

“Mom, yes I learned a lot. Sex isn’t something to take lightly. There are a lot of things that can go wrong.  Abstinence is the only method that is 100% at preventing STDS and pregnancy. Oral sex is still sex. You have to be mature. Blah, blah, blah.” She rolls her eyes at me. “I know you’re trying to shield me from making mistakes. I get it.”

“Reese, you’re attitude astounds me. How can you be so blasé about it?” I wasn’t sure she got anything from talking with the doctor. I decide to remain calm and hear her out.

“Fine!” She gets a serious look on her face, as she flips her hair behind her back. “I understand the perils of sex. I could get pregnant or get a disease. I’m not going to be that stupid. Mom, please trust me.”

“I want to trust you, but I remember what it’s like to be young.”

“Mom, how did you deal with these feelings? When I’m with Jake I get these urges.” Reese looks down at her plate. “I like the way I feel when he kisses me and touches me. I forget about everything else and want to act on those feelings.”

Oh, lord. What do I say? I think for a minute. “It’s perfectly normal to feel that way. I still feel that way with your dad.” My daughter gives me a look of disgust. I’m kind of happy that I grossed her out. I take a long breath before I start to speak again. “Reese, I’m going to tell you something that I’ve never told anyone. I don’t want you to judge me, but I think you need to hear this.”

“Mom, I know about your one night stand with dad.”

I ignore her comment and start telling her a story no one knows. “When I was fourteen, I had the biggest crush on Aunt Lilly’s boyfriend. He was seventeen. One night when she was working, and I was home alone, he stopped by. He flirted with me. I ate it up, thinking I was the coolest girl.”

“Did you sleep with him, Mom?” Reese stares at me.

I nod my head. “He didn’t have a condom and said he would pull out. Unfortunately, he didn’t. I was so scared. Lilly was going to kill me if I got pregnant by her boyfriend.”

The look on my daughter’s face is one of mixed emotions. “You didn’t get pregnant?”

“No, I was very lucky. Reese, I wasn’t ready to have sex. That guy used me and thought nothing of it. Sex is a beautiful thing, when the time is right. I urge you to wait until you are older and in a loving, healthy relationship.”

Reese wipes a tear from her eye. “I’m sorry, Mom. That had to suck.”

 

I get into bed and start reading a book as AJ enters the bedroom. He undresses until he’s naked. I admire his body from behind my book. Tonight I’m glad my husband sleeps in the buff.

“Sorry, things got busy at the studio.” He apologizes as he gets into bed.

“It’s okay.” I sigh.

“What’s wrong?” He takes my book and places it on the nightstand.

“Long day.” I snuggle down in the covers.

“Aspen, I know things have been crazy these past few days. I’m sorry for acting like an ass with you and Reese.” AJ apologizes and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

“I understand, AJ. Things with us have been off for a while. Our relationship has been strained.” I let it all out. “It’s been so long since we’ve been intimate.”

“Baby, I love you. You’ve shown little to no interest in having sex lately.”

“That’s not true. You’re such a liar, AJ.” I raise my voice.

“Every time I try to be close with you in bed, you push me aside.” He states as he takes my hand in his.

“You must be losing your touch.” I reply frostily.

“I saw you with your vibrator getting off. It hurt. I figured I wasn’t good enough for you that you had to use something mechanical to make you cum.” AJ is pissed, I can tell by the look on his face.

“I was so horny, but you were ignoring me. What else could I do?”

“You could have jumped me. Why do I always have to be the one to initiate sex?” AJ pouts. I hate when he pouts.

I know that I should say something, but I have a better idea. I remove my hand from his. Then I straddle his waist. My lips barely graze his before AJ starts lifting up my shirt.

“I love that you aren’t wearing panties.” He pulls my shirt off. “How did things go with Reese today?”

“So-so.” I kiss him. “Can we talk about our daughter later? I want to make love to you, right now.”

“Fuck baby, this is such a turn on. Will you ride me baby?” AJ moans as I rub my pussy against his erection.

“Anything for you, sexy.” This is the first time we’ve ever had sex in a different position other than missionary, with our drunken one-night stand excluded. No, I wasn’t a prude. I knew what I liked and was comfortable with that.

His eyes light up. “Really?”

“Yeah, I think it’s time I put your needs ahead of mine.” I grind against him. “Now shut up and fuck me, Mr. McLean.”

We spend the rest of the night making love. I have to say, if I knew how good all these other positions were going to be; I would have tried them years ago. Sex was going to be fun for a long, long time.

 

 

End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the story. Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts.
Chapter 10 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 10

 

Jade

I sometimes wonder if I'm doing right by Nick. I mean, I love him, I trust him, but I hold him to such a high standard. It's not fair. Why am I questioning myself? We were watching a movie last night and when Selma Hayek's shirt came off and she was on display in nothing but a pink bra and panty set, Nick's eyes bulged almost as much as his pants.

OK, yes, I got jealous of a damn actress.  Here I am looking like the good year blimp and this gorgeous Latino woman has my man's attention. After my temper tantrum, I refused to talk to him.

Now, I wake up to find a dozen roses by the bed with a jewelry box. Damn me and my fucking hormones. I pick up the phone and call Aspen. "Hey, how was the doc yesterday?"

I hear the frustration in her voice. "Not good. Reese is in a better mood though. I told her about losing my virginity. I think she's not so keen on rushing it now."

I can't help but ask. "Who got your cherry? Come on, tell."

I feel her blush over the phone. "Damn, Jade, why don't you be crude. Jimmy Slater did. And if you tell ANYONE I'll kill you!"

I feel my mouth drop open. "Jimmy? Lilly's Jimmy? How old were you Red?"

"Fourteen," she grumbles.

I'm in shock. "Wow. I mean...I always thought it was Teddy your senior year."

She laughs at me. "Oh Jade, he was gay and covering it up by dating me. Remember, after we graduated how he moved away fast? He didn't want to come out of the closet around the rest of the football team. He was afraid they would have kicked his ass."

I can't help but laugh. "What a joke. Half of them were bi. Maybe he didn't want to play with his team mates that way."

She says, "Whatever...I know you didn't call to talk about doctors and my virginity...what's up?"

That brings me back to the here and now. I finger one of the roses and say, "I'm an emotional, hormonal idiot.  I went ballistic last night cause Nick was fawning over Selma Hayek's boobs."

I hear her try to stifle her laugh. "Jade, come on, she's got a nice rack. Hell, I'm jealous of her boobs."

Now I start to giggle. When the mirth subsides, I say, "I just feel like I'm being a bitch to Nick. He brought me the most beautiful flowers and I don't know what's in the jewelry box, but I'm sure it was insanely expensive and I feel guilty."

She catches on fast. "And you want to plan something special just for you and Nick?"

I breathe in the scent of the roses. "Yeah. Can Reese come and babysit with Calleigh tonight? It's Friday. She can spend the night if you want. Maybe it will give the girls time to bond more."

She says, "Sure, but I think we'll pick her up when you're home. AJ's pretty adamant about her being grounded."

I snort. "Yeah, Nick didn't want me to ground Calleigh, but she lied to us."

When silence reigns over the phone lines once again, Aspen says, "What's wrong Twig?"

I pick up the box, turning it over in my hand. "Red, we've been married now for almost 12 years. Lilly doesn't live here now. I know he loves me. Why do I act this way?"

Here it comes. "Jade, you have got to put this thing about Nick and Lilly behind you. She never would have slept with him. She wouldn't do that to you. What happened at that party...she was drunk. And he told her no. Why are you still letting it get to you?"

I sigh. "Because deep down inside I don't feel like I'm ever going to be enough for Nick."

From our open bedroom door I hear Nick say, "Jade, that's just not true."

I turn to face him. "Red, I'm gonna go. See you around 6:30?"

My eyes stay locked on his and I barely hear her say, "Sure thing. Love you, Jade."

I'm already lowering the phone as I'm saying, "Love you too, Aspen."

Nick strides over to me. "Jade, I love you. ONLY you. You have to know that."

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "I do know that Nick. I'm sorry. I just...I feel like a beached whale."

He slides his hand down my arm to my stomach. "Baby, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. Proof of my love for you is growing right here." When he rubs the side of my stomach, Jasmine kicks. We both chuckle. "See, she knows we belong together and we always will."

I glance at the flowers. "Thank you, Nick.  They are beautiful." I hold up the box. "But why this?"

He says, "So you'll know that you and our family are the most precious part of my life."

I slowly open the lid. Nestled in the velvet lined box are four stackable rings. Three have birthstones and have our children's names and birthdates engraved on them. The fourth doesn't have a stone yet...and simply says ‘Jasmine'. I can't stop the tears. "Oh, Nick, these are beautiful."

He kisses my forehead. "I love you Jade. I never would have slept with Lilly. You have to know that."

I sigh. "I do Nick. And I'm sorry I over reacted last night during the movie."

He shrugs. "I was being an ass. I'm sorry."

I put my hand over his mouth. "No, you weren't. Nick, We've been married almost 12 years. If I don't trust you now, I never will. And I DO trust you. It's these damn hormones."

He smiles at me indulgently. "I know Baby. But I am sorry you were upset. And that you've ever felt like you weren't enough for me. I adore you Jade. Everything about you. From the top of your head down to those sexy little toes of yours." He wiggles his eyebrows. "Speaking of which, why don't I give you a nice, long foot rub?"

I feel my body tingle. We discovered a couple of years ago my sensitive feet are one of my erogenous zones.  I blush remembering the last foot rub. With my heart pounding, I say, "How about after dinner? I want to take you somewhere special."

He smirks and whispers, "Do you? What about the kids? A little late to get a sitter on Friday isn't it?"

I bite my lip knowing this may make him uncomfortable. "Umm, Reese is going to come and help Calleigh babysit."

I see the indecision in his eyes. "I won't say I'm happy about it, but...I guess we do have to show the girls a little bit of trust too."

I smile up at him, relieved. "Nick, I'm sure they'll be fine."

He kisses the tip of my nose. "OK, Mrs. Carter. You have a date."

 

Aspen shows up early with Reese and helps me with my hair. "Jade, thanks for asking Reese to do this. I think it's the first time she's been happy all week."

I chuckle. "Calleigh too. I hope their friendship is back on track. It sucks being estranged from family."

She looks at me patiently. "Why don't you call Lilly? I know you two have somewhat made up, but Jade...she's missing the kids lives. Don't you want her to be part of it?"

I nod. "I do, Red. But it's been a long time. How do I act normal around her now?"

She hugs me and says, "Go with your gut.  Just open your mouth and say what your heart feels."

I hug her back. "How did you get to be so smart?"

She floors me when she says, "I had awesome sister's who taught me family should always come first."

I squeeze her tightly. "AJ's a lucky man."

She whispers gently, "So is Nick."

 

End Notes:

Love to hear your thoughts! :)

Chapter 11 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 11

 

Reese

 

            When Mom dropped me off, I heard them talking about Aunt Lilly. I'm itching to ask, but I'm going to wait till the boys are in the bed.  Once they are all tucked in, we go to the kitchen to raid the fridge. Once we're settled in her room with huge bowls of frozen yogurt and iced tea, I say, "Calleigh, doesn't your mom like those frozen daiquiri things like my mom does? Does she have any?"

            I watch her face and she almost looks mad. "No, she doesn't, Ree.  Anyway, she's preggo so why would she?"

            I just shrug. "Thought we could try them out. You know, see what it's like."

            She sits down by the pillows on her bed. "Why? Haven't we been in enough trouble this week?"

            I sigh. "OK, OK, it was just an idea.  Don't get your panties in a bunch."

            She shakes her head. "You've been around your dad too much. You sound like him."

            I can't stop the cringe. "Don't say that! I don't want to be anything LIKE him!"

            She looks down. She still wants to be Daddy's girl. Which, when it comes to Uncle Nick, he does seem like an awesome Dad. "You got lucky, Leigh.  Your dad is the bomb."

            She puts her bowl aside. "Ree, your dad is too. You're just mad cause you got caught."

            I run my spoon through the yogurt, not looking up. She's right. I did always look up to my dad.  Why did it change? Oh yeah, he turned into a tyrant and won't let me see the guy I love. "Let's not talk about our dad's. I brought us a movie to watch."

            "Cool!" I knew I could distract her. "What did you bring? Please say something funny. I'm sick of drama this week."

            I chuckle.  "OH, I'm sure there's no drama in it. I swiped it from Jake. It's porn."

            I look up in time to watch her spoon slide down her leg onto the bed, spreading melted frozen yogurt in its wake. I grab the bowl from her hands just before it follows the same path. She screeches at me, "IT'S WHAT?"

            I glance at the door. "Shh, dammit, don't wake the boys. God, you're such a baby. Haven't you seen porn before?" I hope she doesn't call my bluff. I haven't, but she doesn't need to know that.

            "NO!" she hisses. She glances at the door. "What if the boys get up? Or my parents come home early?"

            I shrug. "Then we better start it. Listen, Leigh...Aunt Lilly is in it."

            I think I see her ears smoking. "WHAT?"

            I grimace and say, "Would you PLEASE shut up? I found it at Jake's. Aunt Lilly is on the cover. I don't want him watching her do what I think she does in this. So I took it."

            She visibly shivers. "Then why do WE have to watch it? Aunt Lilly? Really?"

            I pull the DVD from my bag and hand it to her so she can see it. Aunt Lilly's wearing a white nighty with men AND women pawing at her. What, she's a lesbo too? "Let's just watch. If it's too much for your virgin eyes, you can turn away."

            She gasps. "You're just as much a virgin as me, unless you lied."

            I shrug. "But I have kissed a boy.  And been felt up. AND touched his thing. How far have you gone?"

            She snaps, "You sound like a slut, Ree. You know I haven't even kissed a boy yet."

            I move to the TV and pop in the DVD, letting the slut comment slide. "Seriously, let's not fight. OK?"

            She relents as I lay across her bed with the remote. "I just...Aunt Lilly?"

            I nod. "Yep. Now, hit the lights."

 

            When it's over, I can't stop myself from saying, "Wow...some of that was...HOT!"

            Not surprising, Calleigh frowns. "Eww...you think it was hot watching Aunt Lilly do that? Isn't that kind of like watching your mom and dad?"

            My turn to frown. "That's gross Leigh. Do you think about your Mom and Dad doing it?"

            She blushes. "Well, kind of."

            My mouth drops. "WHAT?"

            She blushes brighter. "It's just...you know how my mom and dad are. I want someone to love me the way he loves her and treat me the way he treats her.  Even though she's pregnant he's all over her. I think it's...sweet."

            "Sweet?" I roll my eyes. "It's GROSS Calleigh. You mean you think about your dad....THAT WAY?"

            She throws a pillow at me. "NO! God you're so stupid! I think about how he loves her and does all these special things FOR her. Why are you being so mean?"

            I have to laugh at her. "It's fun to watch you squirm. And just so you know, I get what you're saying. My mom and dad used to be that way. Sometimes I think they are going to split up though."

            She gasps. "Why? What's going on?"

            I just shrug. "Lately all they do is fight. Mostly about me. I just...I fucking hate it Leigh. It's all my fault they are miserable."

            She says, "Of course it's not. My parents fight too. They had a doozy about me, but they still love each other. I bet your parents are making up right now."

            I groan. "Damn, Leigh, that's NOT what I need to hear."

            I expect her to laugh at me. Instead, she says, "Do you want them to break up?"

            Just the thought makes me sick. "NO! Never. I just...I've never heard them like this. It's scary."

            She actually has some pretty good advice. "Maybe you should talk to them, Ree. REALLY talk to them. You know why they are worried about Jake, right?"

            I just shrug. "Not really. He's a good guy."

            She plays with her pillow case. "You sure?"

            I frown. "What are you getting at Leigh?"

            She sighs and looks at her computer. "I wasn't going to tell you...but...I can't let you keep thinking Jake is great."

            I watch as she turns on her computer. "Tell me what, Leigh?"

            She shrugs. "I heard about this at school today. Somebody asked me when you broke up with Jake."

            She turns the computer to me and I see Jake.  With a girl. He's behind her with his hand under her boob kind of pushing it up. It says ‘my woman'. He has this on his Facebook page? I push it away. "I don't believe that. He wouldn't..."

            She slowly closes her computer. "He posted it last night, Ree."

            I feel my heart pound. "NO! Leigh he said he loves me. He'll wait for me..."

            She grabs my hand. "Ree, you can't trust him. I thought...well, how he treated you, I thought he loved you too. I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you...but you had to know."

            I fall back on her bed, grabbing a pillow and sobbing. This is how Aunt Jade finds us when they come home. Me crying into a pillow and Leigh...well, she's trying to make me feel better.

            Aunt Jade sits with us. "What's wrong? What happened?"

            I sit up and see Uncle Nick in the doorway. He clears his throat. "I'll check on the boys."

            When he walks away, Calleigh says, "Mom...why are some guys jerks?"

            She smiles. "ALL guys are jerks, girls. You just have to find one that doesn't show it as much."

            I sniffle. "Jake has a new girlfriend already. I guess...I wasn't...good enough."

            She puts her arm around me. "Reese, it's gonna be ok. At least he's shown his true colors." She looks around the room. "What did you two do tonight?"

            I feel Leigh shifting nervously so I answer. "We ate frozen yogurt and watched a movie. How was dinner?"

            Aunt Jade smiles. "It was wonderful. Thank you for babysitting."

            I hug her neck. "Thanks for getting me out of the house. I should call Mom."

            She says, "Already did. Your dad's on his way to pick you up." She looks at Leigh.  "Calleigh, are you ok?"

            She stammers.  "Yeah, I just got frozen yogurt on the comforter. Sorry, Mom."

            Aunt Jade chuckles. "It's ok. I'll wash it tomorrow." She hugs me and Calleigh both. "Girls, remember, sex doesn't mean love. Please...don't have a sexual relationship till you're ready. Really ready. OK?"

            We both nod, more than a little embarrassed. Aunt Jade leaves and I turn to Calleigh. "Hide the video till I can get it back. Dad has been ticked off enough, he may want to search my bag."

            She grimaces. "Where do I hide it?"

            I roll my eyes. "Somewhere that your Mom and Dad never go. The basement. You're dad's old studio?"

            She brightens. "Yeah. He hasn't been there in months. Says he's not recording until after Jazz is born."

            I hug her neck. "Thanks for telling me.  I can't believe I almost..."

            She says, "You didn't...that's all that matters. See ya tomorrow!"

            I frown. "Tomorrow?"

            She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, remember, Dad wanted to surprise Mom? We're coming to your house for a couple of days?"

            I force a smile. "Yeah, right tomorrow."

            Why can't my dad do romantic things like that? Maybe I should suggest it? Give him a nudge? Calleigh's right, I don't want my parents to split up. I have to find a way to fix it for them. I have to.

 

 

End Notes:

Love to hear your thoughts!! :)

Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 12

 

Calleigh

 

We are on our way to Ree’s house for the next few days. My brothers and I were staying with Uncle AJ and Aunt Aspen because my dad wants to romance my mom. I think it’s sweet how much my dad loves my mom.

 

Dad doesn’t seem to like the idea of me hanging with Reese so much. I think he’s afraid I’ll become a loose cannon like her. Ree is my best friend and cousin, there is no way we’ll stop hanging out together. She may be outspoken, wild, and impulsive, but there is a soft side to her that she doesn’t show the world. My dad has nothing to worry about. Reese’s big heart was always there to protect me.

 

We pull into the McLean’s driveway. Grayson is putting his baseball gear in the minivan. Michael and Cameron run out to see him. I start to get out but Dad stops me.

 

“Pixie, I want to talk to you before you go in.” He shuts off the car. I don’t understand why he waits until we’re in the driveway to talk.

 

“Daddy, you’re going to be late for your reservation. Mom hates being late.”

 

“This will only take a minute.” He shifts so he’s facing me. “I know Reese is your best friend. Please don’t let her sway your judgment about things. You have a good head on your shoulders. I don’t want you following in her footsteps.”

 

I didn’t agree with my dad for the first time ever. It made me sad that he thought so little of Reese. Did she really do such a bad thing? Was it wrong for her to fall in love? I wasn’t sure, since I had never been in love. Maybe Ree didn’t handle things properly, but she was only fifteen. I was conflicted, but I didn’t want to upset my dad. “Yes, daddy.”

 

“Thanks, Pixie. Go have fun, but please think things through and be responsible.” Dad said and gave me a quick kiss.

 

I grab my bag and step out of the car. Hayden runs over to me. “Hey Leigh! Mommy and Daddy are taking us to Gwayson’s game. Then we are eating dinner at my favowite pwace.”

 

“That sounds like fun.” I smile and run over to Reese who’s sitting on the porch reading a fashion magazine.

 

“Hey Leigh! What’s shakin’?” She throws the magazine on the table next to her.

 

“Nothing.” I say quickly. Reese stares at me, knowing something is on my mind. I don’t like the thoughts my dad put into my head.

 

“Liar.” She grins at me. “It’s okay. I don’t want to know.”

 

Aunt Aspen walks out the door carrying a cooler. It must be time to go to the game. I’m not really into baseball, but I’ll support my cousin. “You girls ready to go?”

 

“Mom, do we have to go? Can’t Leigh and I stay home?” Reese puts on her best pout.

 

“I don’t know. We were planning on taking everyone out to dinner after the game.” Aunt Aspen hesitates.

 

“Mom, we’re big girls. We can cook without burning the house down. Hell, maybe we’ll order Chinese or something.” Reese bats her eyes. That only works for Uncle AJ. “Please mommy.”

 

“Fine. Go ask your dad for some money. I don’t want to risk the two of you cooking.”

 

Reese springs out of her chair and runs to find her dad. She’s happy for once.

 

“Thanks Aunt Aspen.” I say shyly.

“Well, I trust you and Reese. I remember what it’s like to be your age. Jade and I always wanted our independence. We used to fight Aunt Lilly all the time. Though you mom was the one who fought for it, and I tagged along.”

 

“Wow, you and mom sound just like me and Reese.” I giggle. I guess that’s why our moms were more understanding about things than our dads. My dad always freaked out about things, and my mom was calm and collected.

 

“You, two remind me of us a lot.” She starts moving down the stairs. Reese comes from inside the house. “How much money did your dad give you?”

 

“He only had a fifty, so I took it.” She says as she flops onto a chair.

 

“Don’t spend it all. I expect change.” Uncle AJ comments as he walks through the door. “Hey Calleigh. Behave girls. I don’t want you getting in any trouble.”

 

“Yes, daddy.”

 

He grabs the cooler and the grownups are getting ready to leave for the game. We watch them pull out.

 

“Freedom at last.” Ree shouts loudly.

 

“We aren’t going to get ourselves in trouble, are we?” I question. My dad would kill me, especially after our little talk.

 

“No, but I do have an idea. Let’s order some food and I’ll tell you my plan.”

 

 

Thirty minutes later we’re sitting in the kitchen eating a ton of Chinese food. Reese is pouring us more lemonade.

 

“So what’s this big plan you have?” I take a huge bite of an egg roll.

 

“Well, you know how things suck right now between my parents.” I nod my head. “I thought we could let them have a romantic evening together on the deck.”

 

“Is that why you ordered so much extra food?” I love that Ree is trying to help her parents. She may be angry with them, but she loves them.

 

“Yes, they should be back in about two or three hours, so we have to get everything set up. Will you help me, Leigh?”

 

“Of course I will.”

 

Once we finish eating, Ree and I start decorating the deck. We place twinkle lights around the railings. Reese puts a candle on the table, along with the place settings.  I cut some flowers from the garden to make it look more romantic. She finds some romantic music on her iPod to set the mood. It’s looks beautiful.

 

“I hope this works. My parents are so unhappy. It’s all my fault. So, I had to do something.” Reese sighs. I really feel bad for her, especially when my parents are so happy.

 

We hear the minivan pull in. Reese and I rush into the living room to wait for everyone.

 

“Okay kiddos. Everyone go get their pajamas on. Then we’ll put in a movie.” AJ cajoles the little ones.

 

“How was your afternoon girls?” Aspen asks.

 

“It was fun. We have a surprise for the two of you.” Reese squeals with excitement. I see both of her parents roll their eyes.

 

“Should I be afraid to ask?”

 

“Dad.” She says theatrically. “We planned a romantic night for you and mom on the back deck. Leigh and I will take care of the kids. We’ve set up a sleepover for them in the family room.”

 

“Wow, Reese! That was a sweet thing for you to do.”  Aspen gives her a hug.

 

“Go enjoy!”

 

Taking care of our siblings is a piece of cake. They were asleep halfway through the movie. My mind was a million miles away.

 

“Earth to Leigh. What’s up your ass tonight?”

 

“Really Ree? Why must you always be so audacious?” I feel somewhat irritated. I think it’s because I’m tired.

 

“Really Leigh?” She mocks me. “Do you always have to use such big words? You always have to be perfect Calleigh. Can’t you just let yourself go once in a while?”

 

“I hate the fact that you think I’m perfect. I’m not a loose cannon like you are. I think about things before I act.” Once I realize what I say, my heart deflates. Reese looks ready to burst into tears. What kind of friend was I?

 

“How dare you? I’m sure your dad is feeding you a line of bull about me. I see the way he looks at me. Go ahead and believe him.” She runs out of the room.

 

Why am I so stupid? I make my way toward the kitchen. I’m about to enter when I hear Reese talking to her dad.

 

“Everything okay, sweetheart?” He asks softly.

 

“I’m fine.” She sniffles. “Just tired and want some alone time.”

 

“Reese, I’m sure Calleigh will understand. Just tell her the truth. She’s your cousin and best friend. She loves you.”

 

I feel like crap listening to their conversation. I don’t think I’m as good a friend as I should be. I run back to the family room and fall to the couch. If Reese comes in, I’ll pretend I’m asleep. I can’t deal with things right now.

 

 

 

Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 13

 

Aspen

 

I am sitting on the deck waiting for AJ to return from the kitchen. AJ and I spent the evening together since Reese planned a romantic evening for us. It was more awkward than romantic. I love my husband dearly, but something was lacking in our marriage. I wasn’t able to pinpoint the cause. I don’t think it was Reese or the lack of sex in our marriage. Whatever the problem was; it put a wedge between us. AJ was clueless as to whatever was wrong. I love him dearly, but I didn’t think he was trying to figure out how to fix things. I couldn’t do it on my own.

 

“What took you so long?” I ask as he sits down.

 

“I was talking to Reese.”

 

“Is everything okay?” I question, figuring it’s not by the way my husband is acting.

 

“She seemed sad. Almost ready to cry.”  

 

“Did you ask her what was wrong?” I immediately start to worry about Reese. She has been so emotional this week. Normally when things get her down, she never lets it show.

 

AJ sighs. “Of course I did. She said she was fine and wanted to be alone.” He stops to take a breath. “I do know what I’m doing when it comes to Reese. Stop treating me like I’m one of your children.”

 

“I’m not treating you like a child. I feel like you’re out of touch when it comes to Reese. Everything is fine and dandy as long as you are having fun with her. When it comes to teenage drama you can’t deal with it.” I say pointedly.

 

“That’s a fucking lie and you know it.” He stands up and walks over to railing, leaning against it.

 

“It is not. Reese looks up to you. She’s been yours since the day she met you. I think it’s pathetic that you can’t talk about sex with your daughter. Reese needs to hear about it from you, too.”  I open the sliding glass door and go inside.

 

AJ follows and watches as I start making a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  Even though I ate two dinners, I was still hungry.

 

“It sounds to me like you’re jealous.” He barks.

 

“I am jealous.” I slam the knife down on the counter. “You’ve always been the cool parent. I’m the bad guy. I’m always stuck disciplining Reese. No wonder she loves you more than me.”

 

Reese chooses that moment to walk into the kitchen. “Would both of you shut up? You’re going to wake everyone up.” She says quietly, grabbing a water from the fridge.

 

“Sorry.” We both mumble.

 

“I’m sorry I’m causing so much trouble. I didn’t think this would ruin your marriage.” She looks down at the floor.

 

It’s killing me knowing that Reese thinks she is at fault for our marriage problems. AJ is by her side in an instant. He’s whispering in her ear as she tries to pull away.

 

“Leave me alone, Dad.” She runs from the room.

 

“What was the big secret?” I ask, throwing my uneaten sandwich in the garbage.

 

“If I wanted you to know, I would have yelled it for the neighbors to hear.” AJ raises his voice loudly. I stare at him for a moment, not believing he would yell at me.

 

“Go to hell.” I start to leave.

 

“I’m living in it with you.” AJ screams as I rush out.

 

As I start walking up the stairs, I realize how tired I am. It’s probably from the stress of the week. I just want to crawl into bed. I check on the kids. They are sound asleep. When I get to Reese’s room, I can hear her crying. I knock on the door, but she doesn’t answer. Turning the knob, it’s unlocked. I slowly creep into her room.

 

“Reese, please don’t cry. It hurts me to see you upset.” I say as I sit down on the bed.

 

“Just leave me alone.” She bawls. “Everything is my fault. You hate Dad. He’s mad at you. I should have never come back when I ran away.”

 

My heart is breaking for my daughter. I knew the teen years were hard, but I never imagined this. I’m so busy consoling Reese, that I don’t notice AJ enter the room.

 

“Reese, please don’t say that. I love you. Your dad loves you. Everyone loves you.  It would break my heart if you ran away for good.” I rub her back. “Things between your Dad and I are rough. It isn’t because of you.”

 

 She sits up. “But every argument is about me.”

 

“I love your dad with all my heart. Things are complicated right now. On the surface our fights may be about you, but it goes deeper than that.”

 

“I planned a romantic night thinking it would make things better. I’m so stupid.” She takes a pillow and throws it across the room. “I screw up everything. I’m such a fucking loser.”

 

“Reese, that is not true. I appreciate how thoughtful you were to plan something special for me and your dad. It was nice. I enjoyed spending time talking with your dad. Despite what you think, we do love each other a lot. That doesn’t mean we always get along.”

 

“All you do is fight or ignore each other. Are you going to get a divorce?” She sniffles and wipes her nose on her shirt.

 

“Of course not, Reese. Your mom means the world to me. I love her. Just because we aren’t getting along at the moment doesn’t mean we don’t love each other.” AJ moves onto the bed with us. He reiterates the same point to Reese.

 

I’m glad to know that my husband thinks our marriage is worth saving. I love him so much, even if I don’t know what the hell is wrong with us at the moment. Divorce is not something I’ve even thought about.

 

“Relationships aren’t easy, Reese’s Pieces. This is why mom, Uncle Nick, Aunt Jade, and I don’t want you or Calleigh in a relationship when you are this young. We’re adults and we get things wrong all the time. It’s not easy to deal with things.”

 

Reese wraps her arms around AJ and cries. I see him start to break down, too. He looks at me and motions me over. We are all in one big hug, crying. It’s a cleansing process of sorts.

 

“Mom. Dad.” Reese breaks away from us. “You don’t have to worry about Jake anymore.” 

 

I can tell that she is sad. I am curious about Jake. Reese starts to compose herself.

 

“Why is that?” AJ asks.

 

“I found out…last night that…that…he…he…has…a…new…girlfriend. He posted pictures of her on Facebook.” Her blue eyes start clouding over again. “I thought he…loved…me. I’m sooo stupid.”

 

“Oh, baby girl. You aren’t stupid. You were in love.” I feel for for her. I’ve been there before and it never gets any easier.

 

“I was a fool. I let him sweet talk me into believing he was the one.” She bawls, throwing a pillow over her head.

 

AJ and I give her a few minutes to cry it out. Both of us are feeling helpless. This is the one time we can’t do anything to make it better. Only time heals a broken heart. I get up and leave the room. AJ looks at me like I’m nuts.

 

When I return a few minutes later, AJ is talking to Reese. My heart melts at their conversation.

 

“Reese, Jake is a jackass. You deserve better. You are the prettiest, smartest, most talented young lady I know.” She looks up at her dad and gives him a half smile. “You are going to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Take it slow. Make sure he’s your best friend. The boy of your dreams is the one guy you can’t live without. You’ll know when it’s the right one. That’s how I felt with your mom.”

 

“Oh Daddy. What you and mom have is special. I don’t know if I’ll ever find that.”

 

“You will, Reese’s Pieces. I promise. And when it comes to sex, you’ll know when it’s the right guy. It won’t be about pure animal lust. It’s going to be about showing how much you love one another.  The feeling is different from anything you will ever experience.” Reese blushes and so does AJ. I find it sweet.

 

“But what if I make the wrong choice? How do I know the difference? You know guys say things to make you want to get into bed with them.”  Reese plays with the hem of her shirt.

 

“Reese that is the hard part knowing which guy is worth giving yourself to. You can only give it up once. I can tell you; the guy who is willing to wait until you’re ready is the one that is worth it. Any guy that can wait a week, a month, or even a year and not pressure you is a knight in shining armor.”

 

“Hey, I brought some chocolate ice cream. It always helps a broken heart.” I try to lighten the mood.

 

“Wow, look your mom is letting us eat out of the container.” AJ teases me. “Do we get to double dip?”

 

“Desperate times seek desperate measures.” I comment with a roll of my eyes. So, I’m a somewhat of a control freak at times.

 

We all sit on Reese’s bed eating ice cream. The mood seems a little lighter. Reese is smiling as AJ makes funny faces at us.

 

“Mom and Dad, can I ask you something?” She asks hesitantly.

 

“You know you can ask us anything.”

 

She stares at her zebra print comforter. “Am I as bad as Uncle Nick says?”

 

AJ is seething from Reese’s question. I put my hand on his reminding him to stay calm. It hurts me that she is worried about this, but it also shows me that she care about her character.

 

“What’s got you thinking that, sweetheart?” I ask curiously.

 

“Just a comment Calleigh made about me being a loose cannon. I know she got that from her dad.”  Reese admits. I know she is hurt by Calleigh comment.

 

“No, sweetheart. You are not a bad person. You’ve made some less than great choices. Being fifteen, it’s going to happen a lot.” I hope that I can get through to her.

 

“But the way Uncle Nick looks at me; it’s like he doesn’t want Leigh around me.” She drops her head.

 

“Nick can be an ass sometimes, well a lot of times.” AJ remarks making Reese laugh.

 

“ALEXANDER!” I screech, causing her to laugh more. “Reese, you got to understand, Nick is scared. Calleigh is growing up, too. Soon, she’ll be dating. Uncle Nick doesn’t want to think of his Pixie having sex.”

 

“I get it. Calleigh is pretty perfect, unlike me who is a little crazy at times. Leigh thinks things through, whereas I’m impulsive.” She reflected.

“Calleigh Carter is far from being perfect. She’s made plenty of mistakes. She will make a million more. I wouldn’t trade you for a million Calleigh’s.” AJ hugs his daughter and kisses the top of her head.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with being you. You are everything I hoped for and more. I’m proud that you are my daughter.” I pull her close to me and press a kiss to her cheek. I think she was starting to mature into a young woman. It was hard seeing my little girl grow up.

 

 

Chapter 14 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

Sorry I'm late.  Bad night at work.  :(

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 14

 

Jade

 

            My weekend with Nick couldn't have been better.  The weeks that followed were much calmer.  The girls were getting their friendship back on track. I saw one problem cropping up.  My husband.  He keeps putting Reese down and Calleigh hates it.  To be honest, I'm not happy about it either.  I get that he's concerned, but ripping her to shreds is not going to stop Calleigh from making the same mistakes Reese did when she finally falls in love.

            AJ and Aspen finally agree to let Reese spend a weekend with Calleigh at our house.  We plan on a pool party Friday night, followed by a trip to Disneyland Saturday.  Sunday, we're heading to the coast to my favorite seafood restaurant so Nick can meet a man about buying a boat.

            A fun weekend right?  Think again!  Reese shows up on my doorstep at 4:30 Friday afternoon crying hysterically.  Michael and Cameron just got home and they both look scared. I send them to their room to play, telling them as soon as Daddy gets home, he'll come and play with them.

            I take Reese to Calleigh's room.  She had to stay after school for a tutoring session. I love that Calleigh mentors kids from the elementary school. It's teaching her responsibilities she can't get anywhere else.

            Once I get Reese's breathing under control and her tears to stop, I take her hand and say, "OK, Reese, what's wrong?"  I see the hysterics bubbling up again and I whisper, "Shh, just tell me. It's gonna be ok."

            She sighs, sucking in a deep breath. "Dr. Ballone called me. Aunt Jade, it's wrong! It can't be true, it just can't!"

            OK, now I'm starting to freak out. Does she have a disease? Did she catch something from Jake? Pulling my scatter thoughts together, I say, "What? What did she say, Reese?"

            "She said I'm pregnant!" she wails. "Aunt Jade, I swear to God I never had sex with Jake. EVER!  I can't be pregnant! It's wrong!"

            I grab her hand. "Reese, you need to calm down. First of all, do your Mom and Dad know?"

            She practically screeches, "NO! I can't tell them. They JUST stopped fighting. Aunt Jade, I promise you I didn't sleep with him. This is wrong. Something is wrong!"

            I pull her into a hug.  "Shh, calm down." I rub her hair and wait for the sobs to subside once more. "OK, Reese, I believe you. It very well COULD be a mistake. But you can't just hide it. You have to tell your Mom and Dad.  Maybe they can have the test re-done. Something. You can't keep it a secret."

            She sniffles. "I know. I just...Aunt Jade, I don't want them to break up. They just stopped fighting. Why do I always mess things up?"

            I chuckle. "Reese, you don't. Adults argue. But your Mom and Dad love each other. They will be ok. I promise."

            She sighs. "But they aren't like you and Uncle Nick. You guys don't fight."

            I can't stop myself. I laugh. She looks at me strangely. I get myself under control and say, "Reese, Nick and I fight like you wouldn't believe. We just hide it well from the kids. Your Mom and Dad fight as passionately as they love. They both have hair triggers on their tempers.  Trust me, they aren't breaking up."

            Calleigh comes flying in the door. "Hey, Michael said something was going on. He was tripping." She takes in Reese's tear-stained face and says, "What? What's wrong?"

            Before Reese can say anything, I say, "Nothing. Reese was just having an emotional moment. She's fine now.  Lord help me when Michael learns about PMS in school, every problem in the world will be blamed on it."

            Both girls laugh. Reese says, "I'm fine, Leigh. I just needed to talk. I'll tell you later."

            I kiss them both on the forehead. "I'm going to start dinner. AJ and Aspen will be here soon. WITH a surprise."

            Both girls look at me eagerly. "Surprise? What surprise?"

            I just laugh. "I don't know. Apparently it's a surprise for me too."  Before I leave, I turn to Reese and say, "Want me to talk to your parents?"

            She shakes her head. "No, I'll talk to them after dinner. Thanks Aunt Jade."

            I shrug. "Anytime Sweetie. You two have fun, I'll send Dad to get you when the party starts." As I'm closing the door, I hear Reese say, "Leigh, you're NEVER gonna believe this shit..." I smile.  The girls are friends again. And I do trust Reese. Now to keep AJ and Aspen calm while she tells them about the test results.

 

            Nick has just lit the grill and the doorbell rings. I kiss his cheek before I go to welcome AJ and Aspen. Imagine my shock when I open the door and standing their right beside them is Lilly and Brian. Before I can blink, Lilly steps forward and grabs me. "TWIG!"

            I hug her tightly. "Lilly? What? When? Why are you here?"

            She laughs. "Surprised you, huh?"

            I nod, tears clogging my throat. Adam steps forward. "Hello, Aunt Jade. I'm Adam."

            I smile at him. "I know you are. You look just like your Dad. How are you Adam?"

            He says, "I'm ok. Is this...can I swim?"

            We all laugh. "Sure, come on, let's go find Uncle Nick."

As everyone enters the house, they hug me. Aspen whispers, "Please, tell me this is ok?"

I just nod. "Of course. I love her, Red. And I trust her and Nick both."

 

After dinner, I lounge by the pool watching the kids in the water.  Adam fits right in with the kids, even though he seems painfully shy at times.  Nick, Brian and AJ go to the studio to talk about a new album and I sit with the girls. Lilly looks at me and says, "Jade, I swear, I have never seen a more beautiful pregnant woman. You're glowing."

I rub my stomach gently. "Thanks, but more often than not, I'm miserable. I think I'm about too old to be having babies."

Instantly concerned, Aspen says, "What's wrong? You're having problems?"

Seeing them both looking so worried, I bite my lip, regretting my slip.  "Nothing's wrong really. I just get tired easily. My blood sugar has been wacky so I see the doctor twice a month. I'm fine, really."

Lilly searches my face. "Twig, is Jasmine ok?"

I smile gently. "She's perfect. Growing as she should be.  I swear, I'm ok. Just realizing that this is going to be my last baby. Nick's already scheduled a vasectomy."

Shock lights both their faces. Finally, Aspen says, "Well...honestly, I'm not surprised. He wasn't too sure about you having another baby, was he?"

I shake my head. "No, he was scared to death. But I know how he wanted a big family and I really felt there was enough love for one more baby. I'm so excited."

Lilly squeezes my hand. "I'm happy for you, Jade. Really. When I found out I couldn't have more kids, I thought I'd be devastated.  But...Adam was perfect. I'm not sure I was cut out for a brood like you two."

I sigh. "I just wish...this summer is going to be rough on Calleigh."

Aspen is concerned. "Why?"

I look at the girls in the water. "I'll probably be on bed rest at some point. Nick will be in full time Daddy mode with the boys and their activities. She's gonna be left to her on devices. I was hoping we could spend time together doing mother-daughter stuff."

Lilly bites her nails momentarily. Finally, she says, "Twig...why don't you let Calleigh spend the summer with Brian and me?  I mean...I'm not her mom...but I don't...I want to be part of her life. Part of all the kids lives. I haven't been a very good aunt." She looks at Aspen. "I'd like Reese to come too. I've missed so much. I'd like to know them, if you...if you'll both let me."

I think about Reese's problems. Aspen and AJ are going to flip. But I watch Lilly and I know she means it. I smile. "I think that sounds like a great idea Lilly Blue.  Who knows, maybe a vacation is just what the girls need."

She smiles brightly. "It won't be boring. We plan on spending a lot of time in Florida. They'll have the beach right out the back door."

Aspen laughs. "I think that sounds wonderful Lilly. And after the last few weeks, maybe some time away is just what Reese needs."

I sigh, knowing it's time.  I slowly push myself up and say, "Red, before we go making all these plans, I think I need to talk to you, AJ and Reese." I look at Lilly and say, "It's...Reese shared a problem with me. I think I should help her right now. Please...don't think..."

She smiles and stands up to hug me. "Don't. It's ok. I'll watch the kids. Go."

            I send Aspen and AJ into the den and call Reese out of the pool. When she gets to me, I whisper, "We need to talk to your Mom and Dad now. OK?"

            She nods shyly. "I'm scared."

            I hug her. "Don't be. We'll figure it out."

 

 

End Notes:

Love to hear your thoughts! :)

Chapter 15 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 15

 

Reese

 

            Once Aunt Jade takes me to the den with Mom and Dad, I just sit, frozen.  Dad looks bored and Mom...she looks so tired.  I bite my lip and try to hide behind Aunt Jade, but it doesn't work.  "Red, AJ, we have a problem we need to discuss." She stares at my Dad. "And if you start yelling, I will have Nick throw you out. Understand?"

 

            He looks up shocked. "What? Why would I yell?"

 

            She squeezes my hand and says, "I mean it AJ. You keep your temper or you're out of here."

 

            He nods. Mom looks at me. "What's wrong, Reese?"

 

            I shake, hanging on to Aunt Jade for dear life. "Mom...I swear...Jake and I never....well, we never. You believe me, right?"

 

            I see Dad's face turning red. I ignore him and focus on Mom. She nods. "I know Reese. And I do believe you. The doctor confirmed...well, that your hymen was still intact."

 

            I blush deeply as Dad stands up. "Do we HAVE to talk about this?"

 

            Aunt Jade stays calm. "Sit, AJ! I meant what I said. I will not have you yelling and making a scene around the other kids."

 

            He sits again and says, "So? This is good right?"

 

            Aunt Jade whispers, "Go ahead."

 

            I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. I shake my head hard and start to cry. Aunt Jade puts her arm around me and says, "The doctor called Reese today. They said the blood work came back and indicated she's pregnant."

 

            It was so quiet in the study. Dad looks ready to vomit and Mom? She's pale as a ghost.  I get on my knees in front of her and grab her hands. "Mom, I swear, we didn't have sex. I swear! This has to be wrong! Mom? MOM?"

 

            She's frozen. Dad scoots closer to her. "Aspen? Aspen, honey, you have to breathe. Come on, Baby, breathe."

 

            Aunt Jade touches my back. "Reese, go grab a bottle of water."

 

            When I get back, Mom has her head between her knees. Dad pulls me closer to him and he says, "Reese...are you ok?"

 

            I shiver. "No, Dad, I'm not. It's wrong, it has to be wrong."

 

            He pulls me down beside him and hugs me. "OK, Reese, we'll figure it out. I...believe you. I really do."

 

            I hug his neck tightly. "Daddy."

 

            Mom sits up. "Reese...I believe you too. I'm just...I think I know what happened."

 

            I kneel in front of her. "What? What happened Mom?"

 

            She sighs deeply and closes her eyes. When I see tears seeping through her lashes, I get scared. Mom looks so tired. She whispers, "Me. It's my blood test."

 

            Now I'm confused. Aunt Jade gasps and Dad? He looks sick. "What do you mean, Mom?"

 

            She opens her eyes and cups my face in her hands. "It was my blood test not yours. I'm pregnant Reese."

 

            Dad just sits there. Aunt Jade gasps. Me? I open my big mouth and say, "What the hell Mom?"

 

            Aunt Jade whispers, "Reese...stop it." She turns to Mom. "Aspen, are you sure? I mean..."

 

            Dad jumps up. "Aspen? I thought...fuck you said you didn't want any more kids. We decided not to. I have a tour planned for the winter...geesh!"

 

            I jump up and yell, "Stop it Dad! I don't really think she planned this!"

 

            He glares at me. "Well, I sure as hell didn't plan it!"

 

            My dad's attitude really irks me. Can't he see how upset Mom is? What the fuck is his problem. Before I get into more trouble, Aunt Jade says, "AJ if you can't control yourself, get the hell out of my house. I will NOT have you upset my sister by being a dickhead."

 

            I want to cheer for Aunt Jade. Why does Dad always have to be an ass? As he storms out of the room, I sit by Mom and whisper, "Mom, are you ok?"

 

            She just nods at me. "Don't be mad at your dad, Reese. And Jade, please...don't antagonize him anymore. This is...a shock. We had decided not to have any more kids."

 

            Aunt Jade says, "Yeah, I know. I remember you telling me about the fights last year. But geesh, he's the one that wanted more kids. Don't you think this would make him HAPPY?"

 

            I'm shocked. I know my mouth drops open. Dad wanted more kids but Mom didn't? Mom looks at me and she says, "Reese, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not against having a baby...but your dad and I were fighting so much. He thought a baby would fix things. I thought it would make them worse."

 

            I take her hand and say, "Mom why do you fight? Is it me? Really?"

 

            She hugs me. "No, Baby, it's not you. I think Dad and I are...in a rut. We forgot what it was like when we first got married. We both want to get it back, but we don't know how."

 

            Aunt Jade says, "Maybe Lilly's suggestion is the ticket."

 

            "Aunt Lilly?" I ask.

 

            Aunt Jade says, "Lilly wants you and Calleigh to spend the summer with her and Uncle Brian.  Maybe Denise can keep Grayson and Hayden and Mom and Dad can spend the summer focusing on each other."

 

            I look at Mom. "This is ok?"

 

            Mom shrugs. "I haven't talked to Dad yet, but if you want to go, I think it would be ok. Aunt Lilly misses you terribly."

 

            I'm nervous. I haven't known Aunt Lilly really well...and now that I've seen her porn movie...well, I don't know how I'll act. "Is Calleigh going?"

 

            Aunt Jade says, "I think she will. This will be a long boring summer for her here. Dad will be taking care of the boys and I can't do anything. Aunt Lilly did mention a trip to Florida and a beach out the back door. Sound like fun?"

            I smile. "I LOVE the beach." I look at Mom. "Will you be ok? I mean..."

 

            She smiles. "I love your Dad, Reese. I'll always love him. Maybe we do need time alone. Time to find what we had."

 

            I can't help it. I hug her tightly and whisper, "Mom, I love you."

 

            I feel her shake. "I love you too Baby."

 

End Notes:

Love to know what you think!!! :)  

Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 16

 

Calleigh

The drive to Disneyland took longer than the forty-five minutes it normally takes. First dad forgot the tickets at home. Then as we pull out for the second time mom had to pee. When get back on the road Uncle Brian gets lost. It takes twenty minutes to find him. The last straw is Cameron losing his breakfast. We find the nearest carwash to clean up the SUV.

Ree and I are having a blast. We sat all the way in the back listening to music and writing a song. Everything is back to normal between me and Reese. I’m not sure I can take any more drama.

I am happy that Reese wasn't pregnant. She is too young to have sex or take care of a baby. I plan on waiting a long, long time before I have sex. I am thinking like twenty five.

 

All of my family is standing on Main Street USA trying to decide what we should do. My mom and Aunt Lilly are going to eat and catch up. That means they are going to gossip about their husbands, lol.

 

“Come on, Pixie. All of us are going to head to Big Thunder Mountain.” My dad says.

 

Reese nudges me. We already made plans for the day. I look at my mom. She knows that Reese and I want to hang together without the boys. She nods her head telling me to talk to my dad. Mom wants me to start being less shy and passive when it comes to conflict. I need to be more confident.

 

“Daddy, can I talk to you?” I ask quietly.

“Sure thing, Pixie.”  He smiles at me. We walk over to a bench and sit down. “What is it honey?”

 

“Well….umm…you see…Reese and I want ….umm hang out on our own.” I get befuddled talking to my dad. I know he’s not going to let us be alone, not with everything that has happened these last few weeks.

 

“I’m not so sure, Pixie.” He glances at Reese who is chatting with Uncle Brian.

 

My emotions start to take over. “Please daddy.  I know you don’t trust Ree, but daddy I do. She made a mistake, but we all make mistakes. It makes me mad that you think so badly of her. Ree thought she was in love. Someday, I’m going to fall for a guy and do something stupid, I hope you don’t think less of me.” I let it all out.

 

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I’m afraid my dad is mad at me for speaking my mind. All I want is for things to go back to normal. I know they won’t. Things change and I have to accept that.  Sometimes growing up just plain sucks.

 

“Calleigh, I think you made your point. I’m sorry. You’re right Pixie. Maybe I judged Reese too harshly.” Dad pulls me in for a hug. “I do trust your judgment. You and Reese can go off on your own. Just keep your phone on, so mom and I can reach you.”

 

“Thank you daddy.” I press a kiss to his cheek. “I promise we’ll be good.”

 

“Calleigh, I have faith in you and Reese. Go have fun.”

 

I run over to Ree. “Let’s go.”

 

We start skipping towards Fantasyland. People are looking at us, but we don’t care. I’m so happy that my dad trusts me and Ree. It’s going to be a great day. We walk toward Sleeping Beauty’s castle, but stop to watch the little girls getting made over into their favorite princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

 

“Do you remember when our dad’s took us to get princess makeovers?” Reese asks, while watching a girl transform into Cinderella.

 

“Yeah, I remember our dad’s being all mushy gushy the whole time.” I laugh. “Uncle AJ was crying and taking pictures.”

 

“Yeah, he posted all of them on Twitter as it was happening. Dad is so weird.” Reese chuckles, but I see sadness on her face. I know it has to do with her dad. “And you were pissed because you wanted to be Jessie and she wasn’t a princess.”

 

“Yeah, so I settled for Belle. Ree, is everything okay? I know last night was crazy with your parents and all.”

 

“Things just suck right now for my mom and dad. I feel like there’s nothing I can do to help. Personally, I feel like I’m in the way. Maybe it’s good idea to send me to stay with Uncle Brian and Aunt Lilly.” Reese and I start walking to the castle.

 

“Reese you can’t fix everything. This is between your mom and dad. They love you, Grayson, and Hayden. They are going to love the baby.  It’s their job to repair what is wrong between them. You can’t do it. My mom can’t do it. It has to be them.”

 

“When did you get so wise? You’re the younger cousin.” Reese pulls on my ponytail and runs inside the castle. I hurry to catch up with her.

 

“I learned from an older wiser cousin.” I hug her. “Let’s have some fun.”

 

The day is full of fun. Reese and I spend the entire day in Fantasyland. My favorite ride is Dumbo, so I make Ree ride it like five times. Hers is It’s a Small World, which is annoying. She sings the song over and over.  We eat enough food to feed a football team, including: turkey legs, popcorn, soft pretzels with cheese, corn dogs, ice cream and pizza.  

 

Right before we meet our parents, we visit the gift shop. Still in our princess mode; Reese buys a Princess Rapunzel hat and I get a Cinderella Mickey’s Ear Hat. We put them on and leisurely walk to meet my family.

 

“So were you freaked out when you saw Aunt Lilly yesterday?” Reese asks curiously.

 

“Oh my, every time I talk to her I’m afraid I’m going to say something about her video. I feel so guilty.” I blush. I’m still embarrassed about seeing my aunt naked and doing things with men.

 

“I do too. I think our moms are beautiful, but Aunt Lilly is just gorgeous. Even after all those years she still has a killer body.”

 

“Oh Ree, you are too much. I wonder if Uncle Brian knows, or what about Adam?” I think about my twelve year old cousin. He seems so young and innocent.

 

“That’s why Brian probably wanted her. He might be quiet and straight laced, but those are the men that are wild in bed.” Reese exclaims and starts to giggle.

 

“Where did you learn that?” I was curious. Reese knew so much about guys. I think she makes things up just to see me squirm.

 

“Cosmo.”

 

“Where do you read that? I know Aunt Aspen only reads cooking magazines.”

 

“I read it when I’m at your house. Why do you think I spend so much time in the bathroom? Your mom is way cooler than mine.” She smiles.

 

“I think your mom is cool. She’s just quiet about things. Aunt Aspen lets you do some cool stuff.”

 

“That’s cause of my dad.” She says quietly as we walk over to  Aunt Lilly.

 

“Hey girls! You have a good time?” She smiles at us. “I love the hats.”

 

“Thanks. I had a good time.” I say shyly. I am nervous around her.

 

“It was a blast. Where’s Aunt Jade?” Reese asks. I know she is uncomfortable, too. How are we going to spend the summer with Aunt Lilly?

 

“She is the bathroom again.” She laughs. “I’m looking forward to spending the summer with you girls. It will be nice to have some girls around.”

 

“Yeah it’s going to be fun.”  Reese acts cheerful. She’s a better actress than I am.  

 

All I know is it’s going to be a long summer in Florida. With keeping secrets and staying out of trouble, I was going to go crazy. Reese and I will be in so much trouble if our parents knew about us watching porn, especially with Aunt Lilly in it. Reese needs to get the video out of my house. I’ll have to talk to her tonight about it. She has to take it home with her. I don’t want to be grounded for the rest of my life. My mom will get mad, but my dad’s reaction worries me. I hate lying to my parents.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are still enjoying the story. Let us know.
Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

Chapter 17

Aspen

AJ was going out of his way to avoid me. I knew he was pissed about the pregnancy. I didn’t plan on getting pregnant; especially until recently, we had sex about once a month.

“Mom, where’s dad?” Grayson collapses on the couch. “I need his help.”

“He’s in the garage. I think he’s cleaning the car.” I ruffle his hair. “Anything I can help you with?”

“No. Thanks mom.” He runs off toward the garage.

I sit on the couch watching Hayden play with her dolls. She reminds me of Reese at that age, except she had straight blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Hayden was quieter than her older sister.

It was hard to believe in less than a year, we would have another child in our family. Even though it was unplanned, I was going to love this baby with all my heart. My prayer was that AJ would love him or her just as much. This baby didn’t do anything; I was the one at fault.

“Are you going to ignore me?” I ask as he walked into the room.

He disregards my question. “Hay, you want to go visit Uncle Howie?”

“Sure. I can pway with Jonas and Farah.” She jumps up with excitement.

“I’m taking the kids to Howie’s.” He announces as he helps our daughter clean up her toys.

“What time will you be back? I’ll make sure to have dinner ready when you get home.” I stare at the carpet.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll make sure the kids get dinner.” He places the last doll in the toy box. “Let’s go Hay.”

 

Three hours later, I was sitting in the living room alone. With each hour I begun to get more pissed at AJ. Fine, be mad at me, but at least let me know why. I couldn’t handle the cold shoulder. Not being one to go to bed angry, this was killing me. He wouldn’t even sleep in the same room last night.

My stomach was growling, so I head into the kitchen to make myself some dinner. I look through the cupboards and see nothing I want. Heck with it, I find the take out menus. Greasy, comfort food sounds good right now.

Just as I got off the phone AJ walks in alone. “Where are the kids?” I ask calmly. I wasn’t going to get upset in front of him.

“They are staying at Howie’s overnight.” He sits down at the island.

“Don’t you think I should have known about this earlier? We just don’t cart our kids off to people.” AJ is back less than five minutes and we are having words.

“I didn’t. You’re acting like I threw them out of the car and drove off. Howie’s my best friend. We need to talk. I don’t think arguing in front of the kids is a good thing.”

“I agree with you. We’ve done enough of that lately. They don’t need to see any more of it. Reese blames it on herself. I hate that she thinks that.”

“Our kids have never been the problem. What’s happened between us?” AJ inhales sharply. I know this was killing him. Things between us had changed in the last year, and we would get over this hump in our marriage.

“Honestly, I’m not sure.” I get us some Cokes to drink.

“Things just aren’t the same. It’s like you stopped having sex with me and everything went downhill.”

“Why is it always about sex? You make it the problem, the answer, and everything in between. A relationship is more than just sex, sex, sex.” I am angry.

“I see I hit a nerve.” He laughs cruelly. “I forgot you have issues with sex. This is the one fucking time I wish you were more like your sisters.”

“Fuck you, AJ. You knew since the beginning that I had hang ups when it came to sex. You were fine with it in the beginning. I’m sorry I’m not humping you like a rabbit at all minutes of the day.”

The doorbell rings. I quickly run to get my food. I am starving and AJ can wait. When I get back to the kitchen, I open up my food and start munching on fries. I don’t offer any to AJ.

“You’re so busy with the kids or cleaning that you don’t even make time for me. Fuck, I practically have to beg you to touch me. What man has to beg his wife for sex? Nick doesn’t. Brian surely doesn’t. Hell even Howie gets laid regularly. I’m the only fucking man that doesn’t have sex with his wife.” He screams. I know he is frustrated, but this is ridiculous.

“How dare you compare me to my sisters or anyone else? That’s just downright mean.” I push my food aside. “Here AJ. Take me and fuck me right now. Right here on the counter or better yet the floor. Then you….”

AJ’s mouth is on mine. It is rough and hard, not what I am used to. There is something carnal about his kiss. My body starts to heat up. His tongue plunges into my mouth. I don’t think I have ever been turned on this much. Both of us slide off our chairs at the same time. My hands go around his neck, as his move toward my hips pushing me closer to him. 

I’m lost in the moment. AJ has the power to make me forget about everything. He is playing me, and I don’t like it. I am not going to be made a fool. I release my hands from him and back away.

“I thought you wanted me.” AJ glowers. I can feel his anger penetrating my body. “You always give such mixed messages. I can’t take it.”

“Honestly did you think I was serious? We’re fighting all the time, and you think sex is the answer. It’s not.”

“I don’t know what the fuck our problem is. All I know is I’m tired. I’m tired of it all.” He yells.

“Would you stop yelling at me? I hate it when you yell. I’m right here beside you. Why is this all my fault? Maybe you are just over sexed. That’s just as much a problem.” It is a low blow. In the heat of the moment I didn’t know what else to say. I want him to hurt as much as I am. I hate that he blames me for everything that’s wrong in our sex life.

“You know what? I’m sick of this shit. This game we’re playing is getting old. I’ve made sacrifices to make our marriage work.”

“Really?” I look at AJ like he is nuts. “Because I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Forget, Aspen. This isn’t getting us anywhere.” He starts to leave. “I’ll be sleeping in the studio. Don’t bother me.”

After he leaves, I sit down. I can’t even cry. Everything is getting out of control. Our problem is more than just our sex lives. I think it’s easier for us to blame it on that than actually figure out what is wrong.

Tomorrow is another day; I pray that things will be better tomorrow.

Chapter 18 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 18

 

Jade

 

            It's officially the worst summer ever.  Calleigh and Reese have been in Florida for almost three weeks.  Nick's gone almost every day with the boys. Even when he's not with our sons, they are in daycare and he's out with Howie and AJ writing songs.  I spend most of my time at home, alone watching soap operas.

            This particular Wednesday morning seems worse than normal. My back is killing me. Jasmine keeps pressing on my spine and kidneys and I just ache. Five more weeks. Five more weeks and my baby girl will be here and this part of it will be over.

            I keep telling myself that as I make my way down to the basement.  Now that it's almost time for Jazz to be born, I want to get the baby stuff out of the storage room and start cleaning it up.  I can't move the furniture. That will have to wait for Daddy. 

I push aside the stroller and watch as one of the wheels fall off. I rub my stomach and say, "Well, Miss Jazz, looks like you'll have new stroller."  I pull out two boxes of clothes, hearing a thud as something falls behind the changing table.

I groan and mutter "Dammit!" I push the table and it scoots about 5 inches. I lean to my left and look down. What I see makes me feel faint. I see Lilly wearing a lacy, white nightie and underneath her picture it says, "Lilly of the Night". 

I lean heavily on the changing table. Why is her movie here? How did it get here? I shake my head.  No, it can't be. Nick wouldn't...he...

I turn, blindly making my way upstairs. Who else could have put it there? Cameron and Michael? Calleigh?  I sit down half way up the basement stairs and close my eyes. It's like every nightmare I've ever had coming true. 

I don't know how long I sit here. I hear my phone ringing upstairs, but I don't move. I can't talk to anyone now.  There's no way. How could Nick do this? We had a long talk before we ever got married. Not only about Lilly but about how we wanted to live our lives for Calleigh's sake. No porn in our house, no rough playing in our house, no bondage, no master, no submissive. At home we are equals. If we want to play, we take it to a hotel. This was HIS idea. HIS promise!  And now he breaks it?

I don't know how long I've sat here.  I hear the front door open and Aspen yelling at me. "JADE, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

            I open my mouth but all I manage to do is whisper, "Red?"

            I hear the basement door open and her footsteps behind me. "Twig, what the hell? Are you ok? Did you fall?"

            Did I fall? I snort, hysterical laughter bubbling up inside me. "Did I fall? Oh God, Red, I knew it was too good to be true!"

            She kneels in front of me, her barely visible baby bump causing my arms to ache to hold my babies. All of them. "What's wrong, Jade? What happened?"

            I sniffle...tears starting to fall. "I found...behind the changing table...Aspen, he PROMISED!"

            As I'm sobbing, she runs down the steps and into the storage room. When she comes back, she's pale as a ghost, carrying the DVD. "Jade...there has to be an explanation."

            I just shake my head.  I feel an uneasy warmth spread across my nether regions. I think I've been sitting too long and my ass is asleep. I stand and turn to walk up the stairs. When I look down...well, let's just say fear is a lame description of what I feel. The step I was on is covered in blood. I grab my stomach and whisper, "Jasmine, NO!"

            Aspen sees the blood and grabs me from behind.  "Jade? OH FUCK, Jade. Sit back down. I'll call an ambulance. Sit.  SIT!"

            I do as she asks, my heart shattering in my chest. I feel Jasmine kicking. I rub my stomach and whisper, "Baby Girl, hold on. Please, please hold on!"

 

            By the time the ambulance gets there, I've begged and pleaded with God to spare my baby and take me instead. I can tell Aspen is as scared as me, but she stays strong and tries to keep me calm. Once they have me on the gurney, she says, "Jade, I have to call Nick."

            Nick! I had forgotten about everything...but she's right...he has to know.  I nod and whisper, "Red, what can I do?"

            She crawls up into the ambulance behind me and says, "Trust him. Trust your marriage. Twig, he may not even know it was there.  Maybe it's an old copy he forgot he had. Honest to God, you know Nick would never hurt you like this." Deep in my heart, I believe that too. But that movie hasn't been there the whole time. I know that for a fact. She says, "Twig, you have to think about Jazz now. You need Nick. Forget about all this until...just forget it, ok? You need Nick now. And he's gonna need you."

            I nod, tears falling down my face. "Red, she has to be ok. I can't lose her." I sob and whisper, "I want Nick."

            She nods, crying with me. She presses a button on her phone. I listen as she says, "AJ, it's me. Listen, I need you to bring Nick to the hospital. Now. Jade is...she's bleeding AJ. A lot." I close my eyes. She lowers her voice, but I still hear her say, "I don't know AJ. We're in the ambulance now. Just get him to the hospital."

 

            I'm rushed straight up to the maternity ward. A doctor rushes in, asking me all kinds of questions about if I had been spotting any before, if I'm having contractions, is Jasmine still moving...he scares the shit out of me, but once the monitor is on and I see her heart is still beating, my heart rate soars.

            The doctor does a quick examination and says, "Mrs. Carter, you are not dilating any, but the level of bleeding we're seeing indicates there could be serious problems. I feel like an emergency c-section is our best option."

            I put my hand on my stomach. Before I can answer, the door opens and Nick comes flying in. I forget all about the video as I reach for him. He grabs me close and whispers, "What's wrong? What happened?"

            I sniffle. "They want to take her Nick. I don't know why I'm bleeding but she's...Nick, I can't lose my baby!"

            He kisses me gently. "We won't lose her, Jade." He turns to the doctor.  "What is it?"

            The doctor is going over my chart. "We don't have time to do an extensive exam, but considering age and this is the fourth pregnancy, placenta previa would be my guess.  We can't get the bleeding under control. The fetus is far enough along we can deliver with minimal chance of complications, but we need to move quickly." He turns his gaze to me. "Mrs. Carter, you are in as much danger as your baby. We need to move fast."

            I nod, closing my eyes and squeezing Nick's hand. He whispers, "Do it! NOW!" I feel him lean over me and I open my eyes. With tears in his, he whispers, "I love you Jade. Don't leave me."

            Tears flow heavily from my eyes. "I love you too Nicky. If something...Nick promise me she'll be ok. She has to be ok! She's the most important thing!"

            He puts his forehead to mine. "You will BOTH be ok. I'll make sure of it. Fight for me Jade. Fight because our babies need you. I need you Jade, so dammit, FIGHT!"

            I close my eyes.  I will fight. Fight for my babies. Fight for my Nick.

 

 

End Notes:

Let us know!! :)

Chapter 19 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

Ready for some teenage attitude???

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 19

 

Reese

 

                Coming to Georgia scared the crap out of me. We've only been here a week and I'm ready to stay forever.  Aunt Lilly and Uncle Brian are so cool.  We don't have a bedtime; we can eat whatever we want, whenever we want...it's a blast! If only Calleigh wasn't being such an idiot.  She's missing her mommy and daddy.  Me?  I miss them, sure, but it's nice not listening to the bickering and fighting and not being told I'm grounded every two seconds.

            Right now, I'm laying out in Aunt Lilly's back yard soaking up some rays. It feels so good.  I hear to door open and turn my head to the side to see Calleigh coming out in her ultra-prudish, one piece bathing suit. "Ree, why do you wear such skimpy suits? I bet your dad would have a fit if he saw it."

            I sit up. "Leigh, I'm fifteen years old. I personally think I have a killer bod, so why the fuck can't I show it off?"

            She rolls her eyes and flops down on the chair beside me.  "You don't have to be so crude, Ree. I swear, it's no wonder everyone thinks you're..."

            When she hesitates, I snap, "Thinks what? I'm the ‘bad' one? I'm trouble? I know that's what your dad says."

            She sighs. "Ree, I'm sorry. I'm just...I should have stayed home. Mom might need me."

            I sigh, turning onto my stomach and untying the back of my top. I hate tan lines. "Leigh, stop being such a baby. Your Mom is fine. You know your dad is waiting on her hand and foot."

            She sighs. "Ree, aren't you at all worried about your Mom? I mean, I know she's younger than my mom, but she didn't want to have another baby."

            I close my eyes. "Of course I'm worried. Especially since she's fighting with Daddy twenty-four seven."

            When she doesn't say anything, I open my eyes. She's crying. I sit up, holding my top over my breasts. "What's wrong Leigh?"

            She sniffles. "Why can't things be like it was when we were little? Everyone was happy and all we had to worry about was having to eat lima beans."

            I'm getting really pissed off at her spoiling my mood. But I understand what she's saying. "Leigh, let's just forget about it and have fun. If something happens, they will call us. Remember, the whole reason they agreed to let us come is so my mom and dad can try to work things out and your mom can get ready for Jazz.  OK? Don't be so sad."

            From the side gate, Aunt Lilly says, "She's right, Leigh. Your parents are all just fine." She stares pointedly at me. "Tie your top, Reese. No nude sunbathing. We DO have paparazzi in Georgia. Last thing I need is your mom going ballistic on me cause the Enquirer got a shot."

            I roll my eyes. "Come on, Aunt Lilly! I fucking HATE tan lines!"

            She walks over to us and says, "OK, time to set some ground rules. First, you stop cussing like a sailor. Contrary to YOUR opinion you aren't an adult. And if you were, you'd realize that kind of language is usually only appropriate when you're angry. So it stops now. Got it?"

            Leigh and I both look at her shocked. Leigh says, "Aunt Lilly, is everything ok?"

            She nods. "Fine. I just realized by listening to you that Brian is right. Your parents let you get away with stuff for too long and now you think it's ok.  Especially you, Reese. Your Daddy spoiled you rotten when you were little and you think all you gotta do is pout and get your way."

            My mouth drops. "Why are you being so mean?"

            She sighs and sits beside Leigh. "I'm not being mean, Reese. I'm being honest. There's a difference. I made some rotten choices in my life. Rotten, despicable choices that almost cost me my husband and my sisters. All because I thought I could have everything I wanted. I don't want that to happen to you."

            Without thinking I blurt out, "So, making porn was a rotten, despicable choice?"

            I thought she'd faint.  Calleigh gasps, "REESE!"

            I watch Aunt Lilly's lip tremble and she whispers, "How did...What?"

            I lower my eyes. "I'm sorry Aunt Lilly. That was a rotten thing to say."

            She stands up and leaves. Calleigh turns to me and whispers, "How can you be so mean? Who are you? What did you do with my best friend?"

            She gets up and runs into the house. What did I do that for? Why did I get so mad?  I sit and stew about it until it dawns on me. She's right. I think I should get everything I want handed to me because my dad is AJ McLean. I curl up on the lounger and cry. How could I have been so stupid?

 

            When I finally go inside, Calleigh is watching TV with Adam. "Where's Aunt Lilly?" I whisper.

            Adam looks up. "In her room. She's really upset about something. Best thing to do is leave her alone."

            From behind me, Uncle Brian says, "Leave who alone?"

            Adam says, "Mom. She's upset. She was crying."

            Brian looks at Calleigh and then me and says, "What's going on?"

            Calleigh turns back to the TV. "Reese was being a brat. She should apologize."

            I sniffle, causing her to look at me sharply. "You're right Leigh. I owe everyone an apology, starting with Aunt Lilly. Will you...go with me?"

            Uncle Brian says, "Maybe I should..."

            Calleigh stands. "No, Uncle Brian. She's upset because of Reese and me. We'll talk to her."

            As we walk upstairs, I whisper, "I really am sorry, Calleigh. You were right. I am being a brat. And your dad is right. I am trouble."

            She stops me in the hallway and hugs me. "No, you're not Reese. Daddy even said it. You're just...we both are spoiled. I'm just so shy, I don't stand up for myself. You do. I envy you.  I wish I was stronger."

            I can't stop the snort. "Strong enough to hurt someone's feelings the way I did yours? And Aunt Lilly's? And my Mom's? Leigh, how can I make it right?"

            She sighs. "We both have to grow up. Come on."

 

            When we get to Aunt Lilly's room, Calleigh knocks. "Aunt Lilly, can we please come in?"

            I hear a muffled, "Go away."

            I step closer to the door. "Please Aunt Lilly? Please?"

            The door opens a tiny bit and she says, "Go away. I'll have Brian book your flights home."

            I push the door open and say, "We don't want to go Aunt Lilly. Please...please let me say I'm sorry."

            She stares at me. Mascara is smeared on her face and her eyes are puffy from crying. "Why Reese? There's nothing else to say?"

            Calleigh closes the door and says, "There's lots to say, Aunt Lilly. Please."

            She sits and I sit beside her. "I really am sorry. Aunt Lilly I love you and I never should have said such mean things to you. I was just...I'm causing everyone so many problems. I wish I had never been born!"

            I hear Calleigh crying, but I can't stop looking at Aunt Lilly. "Don't you EVER say that Reese! EVER! From the day you were born, you've been a blessing. Every day! You aren't causing problems.  I guess...well, I can't change my past. I was just hoping I could keep it hidden from you. How did you...?"

            I shrug.  "I found it at Jake's. No one knows...I mean, we didn't tell Mom or anyone. Just me and Calleigh know."

            Calleigh steps closer and sits on the floor by the bed. "Aunt Lilly, why did you...I mean, were you forced?"

            She sighs. "Well, I guess if you girls are willing to listen...and pay attention...maybe my bad choices can help you."

            I can't stop myself. I lean over and hug her. "Aunt Lilly, I do love you. And I am truly sorry I was such a brat. Please...don't send me home."

            She hugs me back and whispers, "I love you too Reese. I love you both. I'd love for you to stay...if you really want to."

 

End Notes:

Let us know!! :)

Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 20

 

Calleigh

 

The past two weeks since the big blow-out with Aunt Lilly, things have gotten better. I’ve seen a change in Reese. She’s not as wild and crazy. Her hair and makeup have even been toned down. I think Aunt Lilly’s story had a lot to do with that.

 

From the beginning I was shocked that Aunt Lilly did porn. She always seemed so straight laced when she would visit. She and Brian seemed strict, but loving with Adam. He was always the best behaved out of all us kids. The porn video threw me for a loop. If Aunt Lilly had a secret; it just meant that my parents had secrets, too.

 

I don’t like that fact that Aunt Lilly did porn, but I understand her reason. In my opinion I think it was noble of her to take care of her sisters and provide them with an education. My grandparents sucked. I didn’t even know them, and I wasn’t sure I ever wanted to.

 

They were as bad as my dad’s parents, who I’ve met a few times. I considered Reese’s Grandma Denise, my grandma. She has always treated me and my brothers like she did all her grandkids. Here I go digressing.

 

“What’s up Calleigh?” Brian asks. He is holding a plate of steaks. I didn’t realize it was already that late in the day.

 

“Nothing. Just trying to finish this song I’m writing.” I say shyly. I didn’t like talking about my songs with anyone but my dad or Reese.

 

“Cool. If you want I could take a look at it.” He smiles genuinely. Uncle Brian is always so nice.

 

“Umm….sure. I really don’t have more than a few lines. This one isn’t working out for me.” I close my notebook and get up to stretch.

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“Not really.” I say sadly. “Just missing my mom and dad. I’m worried about mom and baby Jazz.”

 

“It’s been rough hasn’t it?” Brian starts placing the steaks on the grill. He closes the lid and we sit down at the table.

 

“Yes, mom is usually Miss Perky during her pregnancies, but this time she’s tired. I know she’s been worried the whole time.”

 

“Which in turn makes you worry.” How does he do that? That is exactly how I was feeling

 

I shake my head. “Plus all this drama with Reese, I don’t think it helped. Things have been rough this spring.” I could feel the tears prickling my eyes. I do not want to cry. I need to be strong.

 

Uncle Brian takes my hand. “Drama comes with the territory. Parents expect it to happen. You and Reese are beautiful girls. I’m sure your dads were preparing for the day when some boy turns you completely mushy.”

 

I blush. Brian has a way of making bad things seem okay. It was nice talking to him. “Reese is boy crazy. I’m focused on school.”

 

“It’s going to happen someday. Your poor dad isn’t going to know what hit him.” He laughs heartily. I giggled picturing dad freaking out on a guy that wants to date me. “Calleigh, things will be okay. Why don’t you go helping Aunt Lils with dinner?”

 

I give Brian a hug and go inside. Aunt Lilly is on the phone when I enter the kitchen.

 

“Oh no. Really? They are both all right? Is there anything Brian or I can do?” Lilly speaks into the phone.

 

Instantly I know something is wrong at home. My gut has been telling me something was wrong all day. I watch Aunt Lilly on the phone. She walks over to me. “Calleigh, your dad wants to talk to you.”

 

“Umm…okay.” I take the phone. I feel like crying, and I haven’t even got a chance to say hello. “Daddy.”

 

“Hey Pixie. I just wanted to tell you your little sister has arrived.” My dad attempts to be cheerful. He sounds worn out.

 

“Daddy, she’s early. Really early.” I try to hold back my tears, but I feel them falling down my face. “Is Jasmine okay? Is mom okay?”

 

“Pixie, calm down. I don’t want you getting upset.” Nick pauses. “Jazzy is doing well. She’s in the NICU. She’ll be staying there for a while since she was born prematurely. Jazzy is a fighter.”

 

I relax a little. “What about mom?”

 

“Mom is doing well. She’s as strong as they come. She’s just happy that Jazzy is healthy. I just wanted to let you know that your sister arrived.”

 

Maybe staying in Georgia isn’t the best idea. Mom may need me to help. “Daddy, maybe I should come home. I’m sure mom needs help around the house.”

 

“Pixie it’s nice of you to offer, but I think it would be better if you stay in Georgia. Mom and I love you, but this is your summer to enjoy. I know you love helping your mom, but we want you to have fun. It’s not your job to take care of things around the house.”

 

My dad’s comments hurt. My family is important to me. If my mom needs me, I want to be there to help her. “Oh…umm…okay.” I say quickly, before I start to cry harder.

“Calleigh, please don’t cry. I know you are upset. Mom and I need some time with Jazzy alone. Your brothers are going to spend some time with Hayden and Grayson at Grandma Denise’s. We love you all a lot, but right now we have a lot to deal with.”

 

“I understand daddy. If you need me, I’ll be on the first plane out.” I bite my lip.

 

“I know that. I promise to send you a video and pictures every day of Jazzy. I love you Calleigh Amber. I’m going to go to the hospital. I’ll tell mom to call you.” I hear the sadness in my dad’s voice. My heart is breaking.

 

“I love you daddy. Tell mom I love her.” I shut the phone off. “Aunt Lilly, I’m not very hungry. I think I’m going to lie down.”

 

She pulls me into a hug. “Your mom and Jazzy are alive. That’s all that matters.”

 

I don’t say anything because I don’t want to cry in front of her. I run upstairs to my room. I fall on the bed and tears pour out of my eyes.

 

Life is not fair. Why are my mom and sister the ones that have to suffer? Growing up sucks. All I see is pain and suffering anymore. I know that I should be happy that my mom and Jasmine are okay. I’m just getting tired of it all. I want to be a little girl again.

 

“Leigh, I’m sorry about your mom.” Reese says as she wraps her arms around me.

 

“Why my mom? I know she’s okay, but it still hurts. I should have been there for her.” I screech.

 

“Leigh, it could have happened even if you were at home. Sometimes things just happen.  Aunt Jade and Jasmine are fine. You have to be grateful for that. Your dad is going to take great care of them.”

 

“Ree, I just feel horrible. I want to go home, but daddy won’t let me.” I sigh, feeling frustrated.

 

“I know you do, but I think your dad is right. This is our parents’ summer to get things taken care of. Hopefully my parents will get their shit together. You might not think I care, but I do.” Reese wipes her eyes, so I don’t know she’s crying. “This is your parent’s time to bond with Jasmine. We need this summer to grow up. Let’s show are parents how mature we can become.”

 

I start laughing and Reese looks at me. “That sounds so funny coming from you.”

 

“I know, I know. Sometimes I don’t believe it myself.” She smiles at me. “Let’s go eat some dinner. Those steaks Uncle Brian are cooking smell divine. Plus Aunt Lilly made peach pie.”

 

“You are just like your dad, thinking with your stomach.”  We both laugh. Reese pulls me off the bed and we run downstairs.

 

 

Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 21

 

Aspen

 

Jade’s situation scares me more than anyone will ever know. I’m glad that everything was okay in the end. I would die if anything happened to my sister or my niece. My own pregnancy is a major concern. So far everything was going normal. This is the first time I had major morning sickness. Personally, I think stress is what’s making me nauseous.

 

“Do you want some tea or coffee?” AJ asks.

 

“No, I’m fine.” I answer. Things are still strained between us. I can’t even talk to my husband.

 

“I’m glad Jade and Jasmine are doing well. That was scary.” AJ sits down on the couch across from me.

 

I’m angry. I can feel the anger start to boil inside me. “I don’t think Nick helped in the situation. What a fucking asshole he is!” I let it out.

 

“What are you talking about?” AJ is confused.

 

“The son of a bitch has been watching porn at their house. You know that’s like their number one rule he fucking broke.”

 

“So he made a mistake.”

 

“It wasn’t just any porno. It was Lilly’s porn video.” I stand up. “When I get that mother fucker alone, I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.”

 

“Calm down, Aspen. That’s between Nick and Jade. It’s not your business to interfere. Let your sister deal with him.”

 

“My sister could have died. You didn’t see how upset she was when she found the DVD. I’ll lay into his sorry ass if I want to.” I scream.

 

“So you want to cause them even more problems? They need to be a team right now, yet you want tear them apart. Geesh Aspen, I never realized how unfeeling you actually are.” The disgust on AJ’s face hurts. It’s like there is no love between us.

 

I can’t bear it any longer, I leave the room. I make myself busy in the kitchen. Hoping that the dishes take my mind off of things. I want things to be different, but I’m not sure what to do.

 

I hear the front door open. I peek through a crack in the door. Nick looks like crap. I wonder why he’s not with Jade.

 

“AJ man, she kicked me out. She fucking kicked me out of her hospital room.” Nick sits down and buries his head between his knees.

 

“What happened Nick?” AJ asks, even though he knows.

 

“I don’t know. Jade didn’t even say. We talked about Calleigh, then she got upset and told me to get out.  She doesn’t even want me to come back.” Nick leans back against the couch and looks at the ceiling. “She said Aspen will pick her up.”

 

I march into the living room. “You are nothing but a fucking, bastard, asshole, scumbag.”

 

“Umm...excuse…me?” Nick looks perplexed. He’s acting clueless, but I’m not buying his act.

 

“Why in the fuck would you bring porn into your house? Lilly’s porn of all pornos. You are nothing but a fucking idiot.” I bellow. Nick has me more than pissed.

 

AJ is shooting daggers at me. “Aspen, you need to calm down. Go back into the kitchen and come back when you can act like an adult. This is none of your business.”

 

“Fuck you, Alex.” I stare hard at him for a minute. Turning to Nick. “How dare you do that to Jade? She loves you with all her heart and soul. What kind of man are you?”

 

“Aspen, I don’t know what you are talking about. I haven’t seen that DVD in years. Hell the last time I watched it was with Jade. You got to believe me.” Nick says in agony. “I wouldn’t do that to her.”

 

I am too upset to even listen to Nick. I know he’s lying.  “Whatever Nick. Just leave Jade alone. She doesn’t need you adding any more stress to her life. She has Jazz to worry about.”

 

“Go to hell!” Nick yells. He actually scares me, he’s that angry. “You have no fucking right to butt into my marriage. Yours is falling apart. I can see why AJ doesn’t want to be around you.”

 

I look at AJ. He’s definitely on Nick’s side. I feel the tears in my eyes. There is no way I’m going to cry in front of them. I turn on my heels and go upstairs.

 

What the hell is AJ saying about our marriage? I’m sure he’s making me out to be the bad guy. I can’t deal with this. This isn’t how I thought being married to AJ was going to be.  I sit and cry my eyes out.

 

“I can’t believe you.”

 

I look up and see AJ leaning against the wall of our bedroom.  He’s looking angrier than I’ve ever seen him. He wasn’t this mad after Reese’s debacle with Jake.

 

“You need to mind your own business. You are worried more about Nick and Jade than our marriage. We are on the brink of losing it all. You don’t even care.”

 

His comments sting. How could think I didn’t care? “That is a lie. Our marriage is important to me. I don’t know what to do to fix it. How do we make it right when we don’t even know what it wrong?”

 

Silence fills the room. Neither of us know what to say or do. I’m at a loss, and I think AJ is, too. When did things go so wrong? I was feeling horrible about bringing a baby into this.

 

“Aspen, I love you, but this isn’t working.” AJ murmurs softly. His expression is one of pain and sadness.

 

“AJ, I love you, too. I wish things were different. This has been going on for so long. I’m tired of fighting with you.”

 

AJ walks over to the bed and sits next to me. He takes my hand in his. “I don’t want our marriage to end in divorce. I’m scared. We’re moving further apart each day. I don’t know you anymore.”

 

Divorce. I can’t believe he utters that word. I never thought about divorce when it comes to AJ and me. I feel sick to my stomach. 

 

I jump off the bed and run to the bathroom. I make it just in time to spill my guts. AJ doesn’t even come in to check on me. He’s not happy about the pregnancy. I get that, but to not even care about how I feel, that is harsh. I sit on the floor and think for a few minutes. I need to make some decisions about my relationship with my husband.

 

When I go back into our room AJ is gone. I find him downstairs in the studio. He’s fiddling with a guitar.

 

“AJ, I just want to let you know that I’m leaving. I think we need some space. There’s no reason for you to leave since you are recording. I don’t want to be in the way.” I try to remain strong, but all I want to do is cry.

 

“You actually think that’s going to help?” He looks at the ground.

 

“We’re living in the same house, and it’s not helping. Maybe we need time away from each other.” I pause to breathe. “I’m going to stay in the apartment above the old cupcake shop.”

 

AJ looks up at me. “I thought you sold that place.”

“I sold the shop, not the apartment. I’m going to pack a bag.” I start to leave. “I do love you AJ.”

 

He ignores me as I walk out the door.  My marriage is falling apart and there’s nothing I can do about it.

 

End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the story. Let us know what you think.
Chapter 22 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 22

 

Jade

 

            I can't stop standing outside the NICU looking in at my tiny little Jasmine.  She wasn't quite four pounds when she was born.  Nick could hold her in his palm.

 

            Nick. I'm so furious I can't breathe and at the same time I ache to have him here. I sniffle, a single tear sliding down my face.  I close my eyes and whisper, "Dear God, please don't take my baby."

 

            From behind me, I hear Aspen say, "Jade, she's going to be fine."

 

            I turn and fall into her arms. She hugs me tight and says, "Let's go back to your room and talk, ok?"

 

            I take one last look at my little angel before quietly following Aspen down the hall. When we are in my room, she sits on the bed beside me and says, "Nick's at my place. I left."

 

            Even through my fears for Jasmine, my shock is evident. "You left? Why did you leave? Aspen!!!"

 

            She shrugs. "All we do is fight. It's not good for the kids or him or me. Plus he's mad I let Nick have it."

 

            I sigh. "Aspen, he's right. This is my fight with Nick. Not yours."

 

            She looks hurt. "Well excuse the hell out of me, but from where I was standing, all this shit is NICK'S fault."

 

            I shake my head, my lip quivering. "No, it's not Red. I was in labor long before I found that video.  I just didn't realize it. Nick...this isn't his fault and you can't blame him."

 

            She grabs my hand and squeezes it hard. "Dammit Jade, stop doing that. He has to accept responsibility for what he does.  Don't make up excuses for him."

 

            I push her away. "Listen to me Aspen. I was in labor but not dilating when they brought me to the hospital. The blood came from Jasmine trying to come out because my body was telling her too. Nick had NOTHING to do with it, so STOP!"

 

            I see her mouth drop open and I fall apart, sobbing on her shoulder. "Red, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm just so scared. I want Nick here and I'm so mad at him...I can't cope."

 

            Before she can answer, her phone rings. She pulls it out. "It's Lils."  She puts it on speaker.  "Hey Lils, I'm at the hospital with Jade."

 

            I hear a catch in Lilly's voice. "You ok, Twig?"

 

            I sniffle. "No. No I'm not. Jasmine's in the NICU and I can't stand to even look at my own husband and I miss Calleigh, Michael and Cameron and I'm so fucking tired."

 

            Lilly says, "OK, calm down. Someone tell me what's going on with Nick? Why can't you look at him."

 

            I sniff and cross my arms. Aspen sighs. "Jade found...a copy of...one of your movies in her house. No porn in the house is one of their rules...the big one. It...didn't help any that it was yours."

 

            Lilly's so quiet, I thought she hung up. Finally, she whispers, "You found one of my movies at your house?"

 

            I growl, "Yes. Yes I did. God, how could I be so stupid? I was fat as a cow. No wonder he turned to porn."

 

            Lilly grows quiet again. Finally, she says, "Girls, I'll be flying out. This afternoon. We need to have a long talk and I'm bringing Calleigh and Reese with me."

 

            I can see Aspen's as confused as me. "Lils, why? What's so all fired important?"

 

            We hear Lilly say, "Both of you pack a bag. Now. I'll explain later." Turning her attention back to us, she says, "Trust me, it's necessary. Just...Aspen, just stay at the hospital with Jade. We'll be there soon." After a moment, she says, "Jade, Nick loves you. I'm nothing to him and you know it. Don't...don't do anything stupid."

 

            I snort. "You're talking to the wrong one. Red here left AJ."

 

            Lilly gasps. "WHAT?"

 

            Aspen rolls her eyes at me. "I did not LEAVE AJ.  We just need to think. That's all."

 

            Lilly's frustration is evident. "I swear, you two are going to be the death of me. When I get there we're gonna straighten this all out and you two are going to TALK to your HUSBANDS and fix this shit! Your kids need you together!"

 

            After Aspen shuts off her phone, I curl up on my side. "She's right, Red. Besides the fact that our kids need us, we love our husbands. We have to fix this."

 

            She nods. "I want to. I just get so FURIOUS with him."

 

            I have to laugh at her. When she looks at me I whisper, "You are SO pregnant. You were always the moodiest bitch on the planet when you were carrying your kids."

 

            She looks like she wants to hit me.  Then she laughs too. "I know. Poor AJ. I take it all out on him."

 

            I sit up and hug her, saying, "Red, go talk to AJ. Make it right. You two belong together."

 

            She whispers, "What about you and Nick?"

 

            I sigh quietly. "I'm scared Red. I can't live without him but I can't tolerate what he's done. Maybe later we can talk. Right now, I just want to focus on Jasmine."

 

            She kisses my cheek. "I'm going to go talk to AJ. And apologize to Nick. I never should have stuck my nose in. I'm sorry."

 

            I smile at her. "I love you Red. Thanks."

 

            She squeezes my hand. "Love you too, Twig. Get some rest. I'll be back with Lils tonight."

 

 

            Thanks to the time difference, Lilly and girls make it California by 7:30 and by 8:45 are at the hospital with Aspen.  After a soggy welcome from me, I took Calleigh to meet her little sister. After we both had a good cry, we settle in my room for what Lilly called a ‘clearing the air' session.

 

            I know it's gonna be bad because Reese and Calleigh look like they are either gonna puke or pass out. "What's going on? Calleigh, why do you look like you're gonna be sick."

 

            When she doesn't say anything, Lilly sighs deeply. "OK, so I'll tell you and we can clear this up. Nick didn't put the video in the basement. Calleigh did."

 

            I had to hear her wrong.  "What?"

 

            Reese manages to raise her head briefly. "I found the video at Jake's and took it.  I left it at your house and Calleigh was going to hide it till I could sneak it out again. Then we kind of...forgot."

 

            Aspen, who's sitting by me on the bed, falls over and groans. "Oh God, AJ's gonna blow his top."

 

            My heart constricts. Part of me is horrified that Calleigh and Reese watched Lilly's movie, but a bigger part of me is relieved it wasn't Nick.  Until it dawns on me that I lost faith in my husband.  I cover my face with my hands and whisper, "Oh Nick!"

 

            Calleigh jumps up on the bed beside me and hugs me tight. "Mom, I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry! This is all my fault."

 

            Reese sniffs loudly. "No, it's mine. I was so stupid, I ruined everyone's lives."

 

            She starts to leave the room.  I say, "Reese wait. Come here."

 

            She walks over beside me and I take her hand. "You didn't ruin anything. Neither of you did. Jasmine's ok. I'm ok. We're all gonna be ok."

 

            She wails, "But you're mad at Uncle Nick and Mom and Dad won't stop fighting...all because I was stupid."

 

            Aspen grabs her by the shoulders and says, "NO! Reese, this isn't your fault either. It's no one's fault."

 

            Lilly has been sitting quietly watching. She stands and says, "OK, girls, time for a long talk about why I did porn and the consequences of my actions. I never wanted any of you to know or watch, but since most of you have, let's clear the air ok?"

 

            I nod and say, "Yes.  Then I have to talk to Nick."

 

            Calleigh says, "No, Mom. Reese and I are going to tell him what we did."

 

            Aspen chirps, "I think I better be there for that conversation."

 

            Lilly says, "I think I should tell the boys.  It's gonna be bad enough that they know the girls saw my movie. Maybe after the initial shock, we can all sit down and work this out."

 

            I sniffle. "I just want Nick here, Lilly Blue. I need him."

 

            She hugs me. "We'll send him tonight. Now, I think we better take the bull by the horns and tell these two men their little girls are growing up."

 

            Calleigh hugs me tight and whispers, "Mom, I'm so sorry."

 

            I hold my firstborn close and say, "Water under the bridge Baby. We'll be ok."

 

End Notes:

Let us know!!! :)

Chapter 23 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 23

 

Reese

 

            I'm pacing.  When I get mad, I pace. Mom says Dad does it too. Aunt Lilly, Calleigh and Mom are all just watching me.  I feel like I'm in a show. "Where are they?" I wail.

 

            Mom sighs. "Probably out getting dinner, Reese. Can you please settle down?"

 

            Aunt Lilly says, "Better yet, why don't you and Calleigh go to your room. We'll call you when they get home."

 

            I nod. "Come on, Calleigh, let's go."

 

            When we get to the top of the stairs and are out of sight, I put my finger to my lips.  "Shh."  We kneel by the wall and listen to Mom and Aunt Lilly talking.

 

            "Lils, I'm scared. I love AJ more than life itself. He's everything to me. I don't even know why we've been fighting.  There's no reason for it."  I can almost see Mom put her face in her hands to cry. They all do that.

 

            Aunt Lilly says, "Aspen, every couple fights. Brian and I...well, you saw our big ones when we first got married and I went into rehab. I thought I hated Brian for making me stop drinking, but I was just angry I couldn't do it on my own."

 

            Aunt Lilly in rehab?  Calleigh and I stare at each other as Mom says, "Lilly, I may not have ever told you, but I'm proud of you. You have come a long way."

 

            I hear Aunt Lilly snort. "I almost lost Brian and Jade in the process.  I can't believe I was so blind drunk I made a pass at Nick. At your engagement party no less!"

 

            Calleigh starts to say something, but I cover her mouth with my hand. I hear Dad's car.  We sit quietly on the floor. I know Calleigh's scared to death. To be honest, so am I.  Dad's gonna be so mad. Uncle Nick...oh it's gonna get ugly here.

 

            Seeing Aunt Lilly scared Nick. "Why are you here? Is Calleigh ok? Jade? Jasmine?" He loves them so much.

 

            Mom says, "Everyone's fine Nick. Lilly came out because...well, we need to clear the air."

 

            I hear Dad say, "I thought you cleared things up pretty good when you left, Aspen. What else is there to say?" My heart is breaking.

 

            Mom doesn't answer. Aunt Lilly does and boy, she doesn't hold back. "AJ, after we get through this, I think you and Red need to have a long, long talk.  But, well, you better sit down for this."  Calleigh grabs my hand and we stare at each other.  "Calleigh and Reese left the video in your basement, Nick."

 

            It's so quiet for so long, I almost run down the steps to see what's going on. Finally, I hear Uncle Nick say, "They did WHAT?"

 

            Aunt Lilly says, "Sit down Nick."  Apparently he does, because she says, "Reese found it at Jake's and took it before he could watch it and recognize me.  She and Calleigh, umm, watched it at your place and Calleigh was supposed to hide it until they could get rid of it. Then, with everything that happened, they forgot."

 

            I hear my Dad roar and I cringe. "Reese watched your movie? With Calleigh?"

 

            I hear Mom. "AJ, they were curious. You would have been at that age. I'm not thrilled about it either, but it can't be undone. We have to find a way to help the girls understand and move on."

 

            I peek around the corner. Dad is staring at Mom. "You're ok with this?"

 

            She sighs, "No, of course not. I just know blowing up is only going to make them feel worse. Right now, they are blaming themselves for everything. Reese thinks it's her fault we're having problems. Calleigh thinks it's her fault Jade's in the hospital. Us yelling is only going to make it worse."

 

            Aunt Lilly says, "She's right, AJ. Calm down. The girls are upstairs and I'm pretty sure they can hear you screaming down the block."

 

            Dad lowers his voice and says, "Lilly, look, I'm the last person who should judge anyone. I've made my mistakes and moved on from them." I watch Dad take Mom's hand. "Baby, you know you're everything to me and I love you. I don't understand why we fight. All I know is nothing in my life is worth anything without you and the kids."

            Mom leans into him. "AJ, I feel the same way."  He strokes her cheek in a way that makes me blush. Jake never touched me with that kind of love. No boy has. "Nick, Calleigh and Reese both feel bad about what happened.  But when you were their age, I'm sure porn was part of your daily life."

 

            Nick lowers his head. "Even after that. I just...I want to keep her in a bubble and keep her innocent. Is that so wrong?"

 

            Aunt Lilly laughs. "Nick, look at how the bubbles have worked so far. Calleigh and Reese are smart, intelligent young ladies who happen to have strong willed parents.  They are just as stubborn as you, Jade, AJ and Red.  You may want to keep them in a bubble, but they have celebrities for parents. You can't. You need to open up to them about the world...about your world as pop stars...and let them learn from YOUR mistakes. Before they make their own."

 

            I stand and pull Calleigh up beside me. She grips my hand and we start down the steps.  When Daddy sees us, his face is almost white. Deciding to take the blame, I say, "Uncle Nick, I'm sorry. I asked Calleigh to hide the video and I forgot it was there."

 

            Calleigh keeps her head bowed. I start to lower my eyes too when Uncle Nick says, "It's really ok, Reese. I'm not mad."

 

            Calleigh's head snaps up. "Daddy?"

 

            He says, "Pixie, I wish you and Reese had never seen it, but...Aspen's right, we can't undo what's been done."

 

            Calleigh flings herself at Nick and sobs into his shirt. I look at my Mom and Dad. Aunt Lilly comes up beside me.  "It's ok, Reese. No one's mad at you about anything." She turns to Nick. "Jade wants to see you. I'll take Calleigh and Reese out for ice cream while you ‘grown ups' do a little more growing up."

 

            As we're walking out to the car Aunt Lilly rented, I can't stop myself from saying, "Aunt Lilly, is my mom and dad gonna be ok?"

 

            She looks back at the house a minute before saying, "I think they'll be just fine, Reese.  And I have a plan. Why don't you girls spend the rest of the summer with me? I'll talk to Denise about keeping the younger ones and your parents can focus on each other."

 

            Calleigh whispers, "Aunt Lilly, will Jazz really be ok?"

 

            Aunt Lilly hugs me tight. "I think she'll be fine, Calleigh. I think we're all gonna be just fine."

 

 

 

End Notes:

Hopefully everyone is growing up...you think?  Let us know!! :)

Chapter 24 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 24

 

Calleigh

 

I take small bites out of my pineapple sundae. Reese is eating a huge banana split that could feed five people. Lilly is eating a bowl of vanilla frozen yogurt. I guess she’s watching her gorgeous figure. Everyone is quiet and lost in thought. I know Ree and I have a lot to think about.

 

I decide to break the ice. “Aunt Lilly, are you sure you want us to stay with you for the rest of the summer? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable with us staying.”

 

“Girls, it was bound to happen. I can’t stop that movie from being circulated. I’m not proud of it, but I realized that it’s not something I can hide from. It’s going to kill me to tell Adam in a few years.”

I feel bad for Aunt Lilly. It can’t be easy telling your son that you had sex with strangers to make money.

“Aunt Lils, what’s it like having sex? I mean mom says wait until it’s the right guy and it will be special. She never answers the question. I wish I got real answers.” Reese asks. Her mind is always on sex.

She takes a moment to think before speaking. “Sweetheart, sex it wonderful. I can’t lie about that. It’s one of the best feelings there is, but it’s even better when it’s with someone you care about.”

“Why do our parents keep us in this bubble?” I finally explode. Reese looks at me. I usually don’t make an outburst.

“Cause they think we’re babies. That we need protected from the world.” Reese remarks with a bitter laugh.

“Reese, the world can be cruel. It’s hard seeing the two of you grow up. You’re parents love you and don’t want you making the same mistakes they did. Your moms and I had a rough childhood. Our parents barely took care of us. They want better for you. Just like I want better for Adam.”

“Geesh! Mom had a bad childhood and Daddy is an alcoholic rock star. No wonder I’m such a bad seed.”

“Reese Elizabeth McLean, you are not a bad seed. You are a teenage girl that made a few mistakes. That’s what life is about.” Lilly takes her hand and squeezes it. “I think your parents want to make sure life is easy for you. The thing is life is always going to give you lemons. It’s what you do with those lemons.”

“So no matter how much they shelter us, we’re still going to make mistakes.” I take a bit of my ice cream.

“Pretty much.” Aunt Lilly smiles at me. “I’ll let you in on a secret. Even when you grow up and have kids, you’ll still make a million mistakes.”

“My parents are good at that.” Ree chimes in, and we all laugh.

“I’m glad you want Ree and me to go back to Georgia.” I place my spoon on the table.

“Why wouldn’t I want the two of you to come back? It’s been so much fun having you there. I can’t take Adam to get a manicure.”  We all laugh. I couldn’t see Adam getting his nails done. He’s so into basketball and tennis.

I shrug. “I don’t know. We’ve caused a lot of trouble.”

“That’s what teenagers do. Believe me, Jade and Aspen weren’t angels. It’s over and I forgive you.”

Reese grabs the garbage and leaves the table. Aunt Lilly and I just stare at each other. I decide to be brave and share my thoughts.

“With everything that’s happened these past few months; I realize that I need to grow up. I’m not a child anymore. Mom and Dad can’t protect me.” I nervously play with my spoon. “Especially Daddy; he babies me a lot.”

“You’re his Pixie. He’s always been protective of you, Calleigh. I don’t think that is going to stop.”

“But Aunt Lils, when everything happened with Ree this spring, I realized that I don’t always agree with what he has to say. I was afraid to tell him that I didn’t like what he had to say.” I start to shake. Lilly comes over and sits by me.

“That means you are growing up. Calleigh, it’s okay to have your own thoughts and opinions. It’s perfectly normal. You aren’t always going to agree with your parents or friends.” Lilly explains.

“But I don’t like upsetting Daddy or Mom.” I wipe my eyes. I can feel a stray tear fall.

“They aren’t always going to like what you have to say. You have to be honest, but not fly off the handle with emotion.”

“You mean like Reese.” Lilly gives me a look. “She just says how she feels and worries about the consequences later.”

“She gets that from AJ. I bet sometimes you wish you could be like that a little.”

“Yeah, I admire Reese’s conviction. She has passion about the things she cares about. Ree’s confidence amazes me. I wish I had half the confidence she has.” I admit. It was the first time I ever spoke that. It feels good to get it out.

“Calleigh, you have more confidence than you know. I believe you can do whatever you choose to do. I know you want to please your parents, but it’s time to start exploring who you are and who you want to be.”

I think for a moment. Aunt Lilly is so helpful at making me realize what I want to do. “I want to do music. I want to sing and write songs.”

“Well then that’s what you work on the rest of the summer. Brian will love to help you. I’ve heard him tell you a million times that he would love to work with you.”

I smile. Things are looking up. “I’d love to work with Uncle Brian. I also want to grow up this summer. I can’t stay the little girl my parents think I am. I’m going to be fifteen; I got to start acting like it.”

I am determined to change. I want to be a better me. It may take some work, but I’m up for the challenge.

I give Aunt Lilly a hug. I’m a glad that I am spending the summer with her. I wasn’t sure that staying with her was a good thing, but I was wrong. Lilly was one of the most caring women I knew. She is the reason my mom turned out so wonderful.

“Where did you go?”  I inquire when Reese comes back.

“I went to the bathroom. Then I ran into Christian and Spencer from school.  You should see how cute Spencer got. He was asking about you.” She smiles at me, and I can’t help but blush. “Ooh, Calleigh’s got a boyfriend.”

“Shut up! I do not.” I throw a napkin at Reese. We all start laughing.

“So, Calleigh just told me her plans for the rest of the summer. What would you like to do?” Aunt Lilly changes the topic.

“What do you have planned Leigh?” Reese seems shocked that I have a plan.

“I want to work on songwriting. I also want to show my parents that I have matured over the summer.” I say confidently. I know I can do this.

“Those are great plans, Leigh.” She turns to Aunt Lilly. “I think I want to work on playing the piano and my voice.  I think I need to learn to bite my tongue and think before I speak.”

“Those are awesome plans, Reese.” Lilly stands up. “We better get going.”

“Umm…hi Calleigh.” A tall, dark haired boy says.

“Hi Spencer.” I say with a smile.

“I didn’t see you at Mitzi Morgan’s party.” Spencer attempts to make small talk.

“I’m spending the summer in Georgia. I just came home to see my new baby sister.” I don’t feel as shy as I used to.

“Cool. Have a nice summer. See you at school.” Spencer smiles at me. I blush, but kind of like the attention.

“See you at school. Have a good summer Spencer.” I grin at him.

“I think someone’s getting a crush.” Reese sings after he leaves.

“He was just being friendly.” I say as I watch him walk out of the ice cream parlor.

“I wasn’t talking about Spencer. Everyone knows he likes you.” Reese smacks my arm. “I was talking about you, Leigh.”

“Oh.” I manage to squeak out.

“Leave your cousin alone.” Aunt Lilly admonishes Reese. “He is a cutie, though.”

I ignore their comments. For some reason I can’t stop thinking about Spencer. This may not be a good thing. I’m glad that I will be going back to Georgia until school starts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
Let us know what you think!!!
Chapter 25 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 25

 

Aspen

 

Once everyone leaves, AJ and I just sit in the silence. I’m not sure what to say, yet there’s so much I need to say. We never have a problem talking until recently. My fear is that if we don’t have this conversation things are going to get worse. I do not want that to happen.

 

“AJ did you mean it when you said I’m everything to you and that your life isn’t anything without me?” I question quietly. For the first time I’m afraid to hear his answer.

 

“I never say anything I don’t mean.” He says gruffly.

 

“So all those times you called me a heartless bitch and frigid, you meant it.” I try remaining calm, but it’s not working.

 

“Stop it Aspen. This isn’t getting us anywhere.” AJ is irritated with me already. Nothing I say it right.

 

“It hurts when you say those things to me.” I stare at our wedding picture hanging on the wall.

 

“You know I don’t mean them.” AJ slides over next to me. “I get frustrated and say things I don’t mean. Maybe I shouldn’t do it, but in the heat of the moment I can’t stop myself.”

 

“Well it makes me feel pretty lousy when you say things about me that aren’t true.” I snap at him. AJ needs to know that my feelings are hurt.

 

“I’ll try not to do it again. I wish you would talk to me Aspen. You always brush me off. I know you internalize everything, but lately I can’t even talk to you about the weather.”

 

I look at AJ. He has the same sadness in his eyes that I do. Will we overcome this? Looking back on this past year, all we do is fight. The worse is that our fights have been about nothing. What is wrong with us? We can’t continue to go on like this. It’s going to start affecting the kids. Reese is already aware of it and that kills me. The worst part is she thinks she is the cause.

 

“Are we just going to sit here all night? We need to get things out in the open.”  He gets up and starts pacing.

 

“AJ, please sit down. I was just trying to compose my thoughts. This isn’t easy for me. You know I’m not into touchy feely.” I watch as he follows my directions. Once he settles himself on the coffee table in front of me, I begin to speak. “When was the last time we did anything together?”

 

I give him time to think. I’m curious to hear his answer.

 

“We went bowling with the kids about a month ago.”  AJ answers.

 

“No that’s not what I meant!” I raise my voice. “You don’t get it. We haven’t done anything alone in forever.”

 

“There’s no need to yell.” He remarks rudely. I want to shake him.

 

“You are so clueless. We never spend time together alone. We are always with the kids or our friends and family. The only time we are alone with each other is in bed asleep.”

 

“You can’t blame that all on me.” AJ gets defensive.

 

“I wasn’t blaming you.” I say quietly. I don’t understand why he gets mad at everything I say. I’m being honest and he is pissed about it. I feel like I can’t win with him. “It was just an observation.”

 

“We’ve been without the kids since the start of summer and things haven’t gotten any better. Are you sure that is the problem?”

 

“That’s because you are never around. You spend all your time with Nick and Howie writing songs. When they leave, you lock the door.” He looks at me with shock. “Yes, I know you lock it. I tried to come down and talk to you one night, but apparently you don’t want me near you.”

 

“It’s not that. I’m just tired of arguing whenever we are around each other. I don’t know how much more I can take.”  He sniffles, and I realize he’s crying.

 

I take his hands into mine. I hate seeing him this upset, but it seems like he’s starting to actually care about our marriage. Maybe we aren’t too far gone in our relationship.

 

“AJ I don’t want to fight with you. I want to fix things and move on.”

 

He looks me in the eye. “We have so much to work on. Plus there’s the baby.”

 

“I know you aren’t thrilled with the pregnancy. Let’s figure things out before we talk about the baby.”  It kills me to knowing AJ doesn’t want our child. Getting pregnant was not something I had planned, but I love my child regardless.

 

“So, you think this all has to do with us not spending time together.”

 

“Yes, AJ I do. I love our kids dearly, but it’s become all about them. There is no us. We are so focused on them.” I feel relieved getting things out in the open. “Plus what do I have to offer to you?”

 

AJ looks at me with confusion. “What do you mean? I’m not following you.”

 

“You….you… have this exciting life. You travel the world and do cool things. I love being a mom and taking care of the house, but it’s not exciting.” My voice starts to waver. “Everyone is more exciting than me. Jade writes and does tours for her novels. The highlight of my day is doing laundry and cleaning toilets.”

 

Tears start splattering down my face. I know I’m stupid telling AJ how I feel. He’s going to think I’m crazy. He pulls me onto his lap and holds me until I stop crying.

 

“Aspen, I’m sorry you feel that way. You are a wonderful mother and wife. Without you, none of us would get out of the house on time. We wouldn’t survive without you.” He places a kiss on my forehead. I don’t feel any better.

 

“You make me sound like a maid. AJ, I’m in a personal rut. I can’t stand myself. I feel like the house is caving in on me. Then I get irritated and take it out on you.”

 

Realization hits me. All of this is my fault. I’m causing all the problems in our marriage. None of this has anything to do with AJ. I’m lashing out at him when he has done nothing wrong. I feel terrible.

 

AJ rubs my backing, attempting to comfort me. It makes me start to cry even more. I am filled with guilt. I should be thankful for my family. I love them, I do but I don’t think I love myself at the moment.

 

“Baby, I’m sorry you feel that way. I don’t think we realize how much you do for us. You make our lives so much easier.” AJ removes his arms from my body. Then he takes my chin and lifts it up so I’m looking at him.  “I’m sorry that we’ve been taking advantage of you. I love you so much Aspen my heart aches to see you hurting.”

 

Our mouths crash into each other. The kiss is nothing I expect. Our mouths are on fire as I feel AJ’s lips like it’s the first time all over again. He places his tongue in my mouth as I straddle his legs. Desire courses through my body. Something I have not wanted in a long time….sex. My goal is to devour my husband, but I stop knowing we need to finish talking.

 

“AJ, I want you so much.” I am breathing hard. “But we need to finish talking.”

 

“I agree. Why didn’t you tell me how you were feeling? If I had known, things would be different.” He nuzzles my neck.

 

“Honestly, I didn’t realize it until after all the kids were gone. I didn’t know what to do with myself with all this free time. I just sat on the couch frozen. Then I would get angry.” I lay my head on his shoulder. “I feel worthless, like I have nothing to offer. All I’m good for is cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the house. I want more.”

 

“Aspen, it’s not your job to be the maid anymore. The kids are older. It’s time they start doing more around the house. Start doing things you want to do. Get a job. Find a hobby.”

 

We sit in silence for a while. I try to take it all in. I am tired and it’s not from the pregnancy. I am tired of my life. Don’t get me wrong, I love my family. They are everything to me. It’s just I’ve lost myself over the years. I don’t have an identity. I’m jealous of everyone who does have a life, which is almost everyone I know. I want to be wild and free. I want to be more like Jade and Lilly. They both have exciting lives.

 

“AJ with the baby coming; I can’t do those things. No one will hire me, plus I don’t have the skills to get a job. I’m at a loss with life.”

 

“Baby, you can do anything. You are so talented. What is your heart telling you?” AJ asks quietly. I appreciate that he is being so helpful.

 

“I don’t know. That is part of the problem. I want to do something but I’m clueless as to what I should do.”

 

“Well you have the rest of the summer to explore your options. Go back to school. Take some art classes. Volunteer at the library. Just get out there.”

 

I lift my head and smile at my husband. He is right. I can do anything I want. There’s nothing to stop me, well the children, but I know what AJ’s getting at. I’m starting to feel better. I’m glad that I can talk honestly, instead of holding it in. My problem was starting to eat at me.

 

“What about us?” I stare at him. It’s still a concern for me.

 

“We are going to spend more time alone, away from the kids. I’m going to start by taking you on a date. We are going to act like a horny, young couple. You know making out at the movies and drinking a milkshake with two straws.” AJ gives me a huge smile and kisses my nose. His touch makes me shiver.

 

“What is it the fifties? I’ve never shared a milkshake with two straws.” I giggle.

 

“Well that’s what we are going to do.” AJ slowly places his mouth on mine. It’s a slow, sensual kiss. He takes his time sucking on my bottom lip. I wrap my hands around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

 

He slowly pushes his tongue into my mouth. His tongue teases mine and I’m going to explode. I start grinding against him. AJ’s hands move to my breasts. He caresses and fondles them. I am enjoying this moment with my husband. I pull back. I want to go farther, but emotionally I’m not ready to make love.

 

“Damn, AJ. You got me so riled up. I want to make love to you, but I’m not ready.” He blinks, but doesn’t say anything. “We will get back to that point, but I need some time. I love you with all my heart. Nothing is going to change that.”

 

“I know, and I love you, too. It’s okay. When you’re ready, you let me know. Why don’t we spend the night cuddling on the couch?” AJ rubs my cheek. It’s a small touch, but it tells me everything is going to be okay.

 

“Sounds like a great idea.” 

 

Chapter 26 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 26

 

Jade

 

                Once again I find myself in the N-ICU watching Jasmine.  She’s a lot stronger now and hopefully tomorrow I can hold her.  I ache to hold her. My tiny baby girl.  I have my hands on her incubator and I’m singing softly to her when I hear the door open.  Figuring it’s a nurse, I don’t even turn. 

            I jump when I feel someone’s hands on my hips. I turn to find Nick standing there. His eyes meet mine and he whispers, “Jade…”

            I fall against him, burying my head in his chest. “Nick…I’m so sorry!”

            He strokes my hair and whispers, “Shh.  There’s nothing to be sorry about.”

            I sniffle, holding onto him tightly. “You don’t hate me?”

            He kisses my head. “Jade, there’s nothing in this world that could ever make me hate you.” He pushes me back and forces me to look at him. “I love you and I can’t imagine my world without you and our kids in it.”

            I let my tears fall as I glance down at Jasmine. “She’ll be ok, won’t she Nick?”

            He puts his forehead against mine. “Of course she will. Come on, let’s go talk.”

            I nod.  I take one last look at Jasmine.  I put my hand on the incubator and Nick covers it with his. I see his wedding band and I know it’s time. Time I let go of the insecurities of my past and put all my faith into my husband. My wonderful, loving, caring husband.

           

            When we get back to my room, he helps me get into bed then sits beside me and takes my hand.  I can’t look him in the eye. I’m so ashamed that I lost faith in him. I barely manage to whisper, “Nick, I’m so sorry.” He runs his thumb over my knuckles, not speaking. “I know you love me. I’ve known all along. I don’t know why…I just can’t let it go.”

            He scoots closer to me and says, “Jade, look at me.” When I force my gaze to his, he says, “Jade, when we were together…when we watched those movies, it wasn’t Lilly turning me on then, it was always you.”

            I shake my head. “No…you told me how hot she was…I saw how she turned you on.”

            He shakes his head and takes my face in his hands. “I didn’t want you to know how thoroughly hooked on you I was. I wanted to maintain control over our relationship. I didn’t want us to get serious. I wanted to snap my fingers and you be there with no strings attached. I never in my life EVER fantasized about Lilly the way I did with you.”

            I can’t believe what I’m hearing.  “But in LA…”

            He shrugs. “In LA, I was in shock.  Meeting her at the airport was a jolt. I knew instantly who she was and for a brief minute, I thought about it. But when we…were making out in the car, I couldn’t.  I couldn’t even get a hard on. All I thought of was what we used to do before, during and after her movies.”

            He looks away. I bring his gaze back to mine. “Nick…you know I have always loved you and I would do whatever it took to make you happy. Even if walking away had made you happy, I would have done it.”

            He smiles sadly.  “I know. And you did walk away.  When I got together with Paige. Don’t you realize how hard it was for me to let you go? I remember that weekend like it was yesterday. I wanted to bury myself in you and never leave.”

            I sniffle and whisper, “You did. You gave me Calleigh.”

            He pulls me close and we cry together. He buries his face in my neck and he whispers, “I’m sorry I ever made you doubt yourself. How can I ever make it up to you?”

            I lay against his chest, feeling his heart beating under my hand. I slowly sit back and say, “There is nothing to make up for. I am the one who has a lot to make up for. I’ll do anything Nick. Anything to make you stay with me. Please…please say you’ll forgive me.”

            He wipes away my tears. “Nothing to forgive, Jade. You’ve always had my love and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.”

 

            I feel something squeezing my hand. I open my eyes to find Calleigh standing there.  Nick is still laying with me.  He’s behind me and I can tell he’s sleeping. I hear him snoring softly.  

            I squeeze Calleigh’s hand and whisper, “What’s wrong?”

            She shakes her head. I see tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry Mom. About everything.”

            One thing about having a celebrity for a husband, I have a posh hospital room with a larger-than-normal bed.  I scoot back more firmly against Nick and Calleigh lays down beside me, like she did when she was little. “Why are you sorry, Ladybug?” I ask, using the pet name I had for her when she was just a toddler.

            She sniffles  and says, “I caused so many problems hiding that movie for Reese.”

            I close my eyes, wishing I could erase my daughter’s knowledge of that particular part of my sister’s past.  “Calleigh, it’s not your fault. None of this is.  Finding that movie didn’t cause me to go into labor. I was already there, I just didn’t know it.  It had nothing to do with finding that movie.”

            She glances up at me. “Seriously?”

            I nod, tears shimmering on my lashes. “Baby, you’re too young to understand, but my body was ready for Jasmine to leave. I didn’t see the signs because I thought it was too early and to be frank, I spent the whole pregnancy tired.  I was used to the feeling. It wasn’t your fault. It wasn’t anyone’s fault. Except mine.”

            From behind me, Nick mumbles sleepily. “Wasn’t your fault either, Jade.”

            Calleigh sighs and says, “Sorry if I woke you Daddy.”

            He kisses my shoulder as he moves his hand over Calleigh to include her in his embrace. “Don’t be Pixie. Not often I get to hug my two favorite girls at the same time.”

            She smiles at him. “Daddy…Mom…I want to spend the rest of the summer with Aunt Lilly. Can I?”

            I feel Nick stiffen. Before he can speak, I say, “Why Calleigh?”

            She sighs. “Aunt Lilly’s been great. She’s…she’s shown us…how lucky we are to have parents who care. And she’s sort of explained why you guys are always so over-protective. I…she doesn’t treat me like a kid. And I feel like I’m growing up a lot.”

            I feel Nick sigh into my neck. He says, “Pixie…I don’t want you to grow up. I want you to still need me to fix your problems.”

            She chews on her lip. “Daddy…I love you but I don’t think you fix them. I think you hide them. I have to face my problems and deal with them on my own.”  I think Nick is stunned his Pixie is standing up to him. She rushes on, saying, “And please, don’t put Reese down any more. She’s not bad. She…we’re exactly the same. Only, she’s not afraid to stand up to her mom and dad when she feels like she has to.”

            I feel his body stiffen. Before he can say anything, I whisper, “Calleigh, you don’t have to be afraid of us.”

            She sighs and sits up. “I’m not afraid of YOU! I just don’t…I don’t want to let you down so I never stand up to you when I think you’re wrong. I’m not strong enough.”

            Nick kisses my shoulder before standing. He moves around the bed until he’s facing Calleigh. He takes her face in his hands and says, “Calleigh, all Mom and I ever wanted was for you to be happy. I know I spoiled you and I’m not sorry I did. But I am sorry if I made you feel like you couldn’t stand up for what you believe in. I love you and I’m proud of you. And if Mom doesn’t care…I’m ok with you spending the summer with Aunt Lilly.”

            He says the last line so fast, I want to giggle. Calleigh looks at me and I can’t say no. “If you want to Calleigh, I don’t care.”

            Her face lights up. “Really? You don’t mind?”

            Before I can answer, a nurse comes into my room. “I’m sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Carter. The doctor wanted me to let you know if you want to hold Jasmine…she can come out of the incubator now.”

            I feel the air whoosh from my lungs and I struggle to sit up. “Really? I can hold her?”

            The nurse smiles brightly. “You all can. Come on, I’ll get you into some scrubs and get you sterilized.”

            Nick has an arm around me and an arm around Calleigh as we walk down the hallway.  I don’t think I’ve ever been happier than I am at this moment. My family is whole again. My heart is full. My life is with Nick and our kids. What more could I want?

           

           

End Notes:
Let us know what you think!!!!
Chapter 27 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

I'm SO sorry about not updating last night.  Had a night from hell at work and by the time I got home, I collapsed. :(  Please forgive me!  ~  D

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 27

 

Reese

 

            When Aunt Lilly dropped me off, I was afraid to go in the house.  All they do is fight. I just want my mom and dad to be happy again.  I quietly open the door.  I hear the TV in the family room, otherwise the house is quiet. So far, so good.

            When I peak in the family room door, I want to cry. Mom and Dad are snuggling on the couch watching The Lucky One.  I quietly sneak away, not wanting to disturb them.

            When I get to my room, I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm not sleepy. I don't want to bother Mom and Dad.  I turn on my computer, wondering if Calleigh's mom and dad agreed to her going to Georgia.

            I sign on to Facebook, curious about what my friends are doing for the summer.  I think you can imagine the shock I feel when I see I have a private message from Jake. I open it hesitantly, not sure what to expect.

                        Reese, i know u prolly don't wanna hear from me. but im sorry. i

                        want u back. Pleez baby? Luv u! J

            He wants me back? Really?  I grab my phone and dial his number.  He answers quickly. "Reese? That you Baby?"

            I clear my throat. "Yeah."

            I hear a door shut. "Where are you? Haven't seen you lately."

            I play with the edge of my pillow. "I'm home. I've been in Georgia with my Aunt. I'm going back with her soon."

            His voice has an edge. "Georgia? Why can't you stay home? I wanna see you. We need to talk."

            I pick up my pillow and hug it. "I can't see you Jake. Mom and Dad were furious. If they catch me with you, you'll go to jail."

            He growls, "Well, sneak out. Like you did before. Come on Baby, you know we were gonna do it. Come over now and let's finish what we started."

            Serious doubt enters my mind.  "It? You mean sex?"

            He snorts. "Fuck yeah, I mean sex. You know I wanted you. I still do. Don't you want me too?"

            I sigh loudly, thinking about Aunt Lilly and Aunt Jade and all the stories they told me. I don't think I'm ready to take this step. "I thought I did Jake. But I'm not ready. After everything that's happened...if you want to wait for me...I'll wait for you, but I'm not ready for that."

            He laughs. "Wait for you to what? Grow up? Get real! I just want your cherry, Reese. Come on, you owe me that!"

            I feel anger welling up inside me. "I owe you that? WHY do I OWE you that?"

            I must have yelled. I hear Mom and Dad coming up the stairs. I run in my bathroom and lock the door. Jake says, "After all I did for you! You're joking! You let me feel you up and now you won't put out?  What a fucking tease! Bet all the bitches in your family are like that! FUCK YOU!"

            He slams his phone down just as Mom and Dad come busting into my bedroom. I hear worry in Mom's voice. "Reese? Are you ok?"

            I sigh, frustrated and hurt. I open the door and walk out, right into my Dad's arms. "I'm such an idiot."

            Dad hugs me and Mom rubs my hair. "What happened Reese?"

            I push away from Dad and crawl to the top of my bed. "Nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm sorry if I ruined the movie for you."

            Mom sits beside me. "The movie will keep. Now, why are you so upset?"

            Dad sits beside her and they hold hands. For some reason, this makes my heart ache.  I fall against mom sobbing. She hugs me tight and whispers, "Reese, it's ok, you can tell us anything."

            I nod and hiccup. "I know. I just feel so stupid."

            Dad rubs my leg. "Why, Reese's Pieces?"

            I know I can tell them. But I know Dad will be furious. Instead of telling them everything, I just say, "I just realized everything you said about Jake was true. He didn't really love me."

            Dad sighs. Mom hugs me tighter. I'm surprised when Dad says, "I wish we had been wrong Reese. I really do. I don't ever want you to be hurt."

            Mom kisses my cheek. "I know what a broken heart feels like Baby. I know it hurts."

            I shake my head. "I don't think my heart is broken Mom. I'm just mad at him for being a jerk."

            Dad chuckles. "Stay mad, Reese's cup. He's not good enough for you. No boy will ever be good enough for you."

            I can't help it. I laugh at him. Dad smiles and before I know it, he's tackled me on the bed and he's tickling me like he did when I was 10. When I finally catch my breath, I see Mom hugging him and they look so happy.

            I sit up and take a deep breath. "Is it ok if I go back to Georgia with Aunt Lilly?"

            I see them look at each other and I think it's gonna be bad. Dad keeps his arm around Mom and says, "Why?"

            I cross my legs and say, "Because...I think it will be good for me to get away and...well...you guys aren't fighting."

            Dad puts his head on Mom's shoulder and says, "Reese, we didn't fight because of you. We just...we haven't been communicating well lately. We're working on it."

            I look at Mom. She smiles and says, "Reese, if you want to go, you can. But Dad's right, we aren't fighting because of you. You believe us, don't you?"

            I lower my eyes. "It just feels like it. I know I need to grow up a lot. I know I've done some things wrong. I don't want to be a disappointment to you."

            Dad takes his hand from Mom's and forces my eyes to meet his. I see his tears and he whispers, "Reese, you have never EVER been a disappointment and you never will be. We love you Reese's Pieces."

            I fall into their arms and for the first time in a really long time...I feel like my family is whole again.

 

 

End Notes:

Love to hear your thoughts!! :)

Chapter 28 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 28

 

Calleigh

 

“Who are you texting?” Ree asks as she plops down beside me.

 

“Umm…my mom. She wanted me to see a picture of Jazz.” I fib as I attempt to put my phone in my pocket.

 

Reese is too quick and grabs my phone.  I try to get it back, but she is too fast for me. Ree starts scrolling through my text messages.

 

“Gee I never knew your mom was named Spencer and wouldn’t she know what your favorite flower is?” She comments sarcastically. My face turns red from embarrassment.

 

“Umm…umm…umm.” I don’t know what to say. It’s been a week since we returned to Georgia, and Spencer has been texting me since the evening at the ice cream shop. I didn’t want to say anything to Reese since she was upset about Jake.

 

“Calleigh has a boyfriend. Calleigh has a boyfriend.” Reese sings with a huge smirk on her face.

 

I grab my phone from her. “I do not.”

 

“Uncle Brian, Calleigh has a boyfriend.” She teases me.

 

Brian comes into the studio, where Ree and I are hanging out.  I am trying to finish a song I was working on. He gives us a goofy grin. Uncle Brian is silly and a lot of fun. I wish he was closer to us.

 

“I do not.”  I shriek. I jump off the couch and hide behind Brian.

“Calleigh and Spencer sitting in a tree….” Reese sings off key.

 

“Nuh uh.” I yell.

 

“You do, too.”

 

“Reese Elizabeth stop picking on your cousin.” Brian warns in a friendly tone.

 

“Fine, she wins this time, but she has a boyfriend.” As usual Reese always has to have the last word.

 

I stick my tongue out at her as I come from behind Brian. She pulls me into a hug. “I’m happy for you Leigh. Spencer is a great guy. He’ll treat you right. Spencer is nothing like Jake.”

 

My face gets hot. “Thanks Reese. I’m really starting to like Spencer. You know you are going to find a nice guy someday.”

 

“I hope so. I’ve learned my lesson.” She gives me another squeeze before we break apart.

 

“So girls, I have an idea.” Brian takes a seat in front of the sound booth. I’m curious and I know Reese is. “How would you girls like to record a Backstreet Boys song?”

 

“That would be fuc….freaking awesome!” Reese calls out.

 

“I would love that Uncle Brian. What song did you have in mind?”  I ask shyly. I’ve always wanted to sing one of my dad’s songs, but I am afraid I won’t do it any justice.

 

“I thought something that would showcase your voices like a ballad.”

 

“Can we pick?” Reese asks. “I know what song we should sing.”

 

I am afraid to hear her choice. “What song is that?” I ask unsurely.

 

“Lay Down Beside Me.” She is serious. I can’t believe that is the song she wants to sing. I take that back, of course she wants to sing a song about sex.

 

“I am not singing that song. Your dad would kill you Reese. That song is pure sex.” I exclaim. I am adamant about not singing that song.

 

“Fine. Do you have a better choice?”

 

“No, maybe we shouldn’t sing a BSB song. What if we sang Christina Aguilera?” I suggest.

 

“That’s cause you can sing those fucking high notes. I’d die to sing like you.” Reese comments.  I know she’s mad at me.

 

“I didn’t say that to make you upset. I need to use the bathroom. I’ll be back.” I race up the stairs.

 

“Where’s the fire?” Adam asks when I almost bump into him.

 

“Sorry.” I run to my room.

 

I fall onto the bed. I hate when Reese gets jealous over our voices. Our voices aren’t the same. Hers is deep and soulful. Mine is high. I can’t help that she wants to sing those stupid high notes. It was never an issue until recently. When we had the band, it didn’t matter, but since we broke up, it’s changed.

 

I don’t understand why Reese and I can’t get along for more than twenty minutes. We never fought before and that’s all we seem to do. She’s my best friend and I love her dearly, but these tiffs have to stop.

 

I decide to go down stairs and confront her.  When I walk back into the studio Uncle Brian and Reese are having a talk.

 

“I feel like our friendship is falling apart. I’m always doing something to make Leigh mad. I say the wrong thing, or I do the wrong thing.” Reese sighs. She is as frustrated as I am. “I can’t help it that I’m jealous of her voice. It’s beautiful. I know I shouldn’t be jealous, but...”

“That’s right. You shouldn’t be jealous of my voice. Reese, you are a gifted singer and musician. You play the guitar, piano, and saxophone.  I have my voice and you have yours. We have the voice we are meant to have.” I walk over to her. I realize that she isn’t as confident as I think she is. She struggles with things just like I do.

 

“I think you both have beautiful unique voices that fit you. Reese you have a soulful, R & B voice.  Calleigh you are a songbird. I’ve heard you sing together and it’s magic. Your voices complement each other.” Brian says making us both smile.

 

“He’s right. I wish we could get the band started up again. Do you think our dads’ will let us?”  I question out loud.

 

“It would be awesome, but Shayla’s out. She is doing cheerleading now. So we would need to find a drummer and a bass player.”

 

“Sounds like you have a great plan. Any ideas for which song you want to record?”  Brian asks.

 

Reese and I think for a moment. We both speak at the same time. “The Perfect Fan.”

 

I smile at Ree. Of course it’s the perfect song. Brian is beaming about our choice. I remember that he wrote the song for his mother.

 

“I think we should make it for our dads. Would it be okay if we change the mom parts to dad?” I ask Uncle Brian.

 

“I think that would be perfect. You’re dads will love it.” Brian gives us a cheeky grin.

 

We get started on deciding which parts we will sing. Reese and I divide the parts so that we each get to sing the lead. Brian makes a few changes to the song, so that it will work for us.

 

“Here you go girls. It’s all ready for you to sing.”

 

We take the sheets from him and take time singing it a few times. Reese’s voice sounds beautiful. When we get to the chorus our voices blend, and it sounds like magic.

 

“Okay girls. Are you ready?” Brian moves behind the sound board.  We shake our heads and move to the recording booth.

 

As the music starts, Reese squeezes my hand. I smile nervously at her. I am glad that we are doing this together. Our dads are going to be surprised when they hear it. I hope my dad will be proud.

 

“It takes a lot to know what is love; it’s not the big things but the little things; that can mean enough.” I pour my heart into the song.

 

“A lot of prayers to get through, and there is never a day that passes by I don’t think of you.” Reese sounds perfect.

 

We both sing, “You were always there for me, pushing me and guiding me always to succeed.”

 

By the time we reach the chorus both of us are crying. I love my dad so much. I know that no matter what he will always be there for me. It makes me realize that I can stand up for myself and become my own person. My mom and dad will still love me.

 

“Girls, that was beautiful. Would you like to come out and listen?”

 

We race out of the booth. I’m excited to hear what the song sounds like. I want it to be perfect. I put all my heart and soul into it. As I hear the melody play in the room, I get excited. When I hear my voice I don’t believe it’s me. I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Now, I have to work hard to make my dream come true.

 

 

 

 

~ The Perfect Fan Lyrics – Backstreet Boys

Chapter 29 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 29

 

Aspen

 

Today I am spending the day with Jade and baby Jasmine. Little Jazzy is tiny and precious. It was hard to believe I will be holding my own baby in about six months.

 

“You’re even quieter than usual. What’s bugging you Red?” Jade asks as she comes back from the kitchen.

 

I’m busy giving Jasmine all my attention. I don’t really want to talk about my problems. I am tired of it all.  Knowing Jade, she will not let it go. To tell you the truth I’m jealous of her and Nick. It’s not that they have the perfect relationship because they don’t. I am jealous that they are so open with one another. Why can’t I have that with AJ?

 

Why am I so insecure lately when it comes to my husband? He loves me. I love him. I can tell him anything. So why can’t I?

 

“Red, I know Jazz is beautiful, but you can’t avoid me.” I don’t answer her. “Aspen Ruby, what the hell is your problem? You’ve changed.”

 

“What do you mean?” I can’t even look at my sister. Embarrassment covers my face.

 

“You have always been serious, but not to the point where you shut everyone out.” Jade takes a sleeping Jasmine from me.

 

I don’t answer for a minute. My sister’s comments should hurt, but they don’t. She is being brutally honest. I’m a mess emotionally. “Things just suck at the moment.”

 

“I thought things were getting better with you and AJ. He told Nick that things were back to normal.”

 

Why is he lying about our problems? Things are okay, but definitely not normal. It makes me feel worse that he thinks things are fine. Maybe I am overreacting. I’m not sure of anything at this time.

 

“We are talking, but I’m frustrated because AJ won’t talk about the baby.”  I say nonchalantly. I can’t force him to talk.

 

“Red, do you really think he doesn’t want this baby? He’s been after you forever to have another baby.” Jade looks at me like I’m crazy.

 

“Only because he thought it would help things, but it’s not helping. It pains me to know that he doesn’t love this child. Is he going to resent it?” I spill out my greatest fear.

 

I hear some fumbling in the kitchen. AJ and Nick must be back from golfing. This means that AJ and I will be alone together. Not that I mind, but it’s still hard sometimes talking to him.  I’m afraid of saying the wrong thing.

 

“Aspen, you need to talk to him.” Jade says as our men walk into the room. “So who won?”

 

“I did. Poor Nicky, here, has been pouting all the way home.” AJ cackles.

 

“That’s because I owe you five hundred bucks.” Nick grumbles. Jade walks over and wraps her arms around him. They look at each other and begin to kiss.

 

I feel sick in the pit of my stomach. I am insanely jealous. I look up at AJ and he looks away quickly. Something is up. Maybe I am making too much out of every glance he makes, but he doesn’t seem relaxed after his day of golf.

 

The happy couple breaks apart. “Well we better get home. Michael and Cameron are going to spend the evening with us. It’s a family movie night.”

 

AJ walks them out. I just sit on the sofa and wait for him to return. What seems like an hour is only a few minutes.

 

“Aspen, let’s go out for dinner. There’s something I want to show you.” AJ sits beside me.

 

“That sounds good.”

 

“I love you, Aspen. Please remember that.” He brushes a kiss onto my cheek. The tenderness in his kiss means a lot to me. I resist speaking because I’m ready to cry.

 

Twenty minutes later we are in the car. AJ is being hush-hush about everything. I think it’s sweet that he is being so secretive. Even though I hate surprises, I am intrigued. He loves giving surprises, so I am used to this.

 

“Why are we at the grocery store?” I asked when AJ pulls into Trader Joe’s.

 

“I need to get a few things.  Relax I’ll be out in a few minutes.” AJ gets out of the car before I have a chance to speak.

 

I sit in the Audi playing with the radio. I am feeling irritable at the moment. Waiting for my husband is only making it worse. I am tired of being a Debbie Downer. I want things to be the way they were last year before we started fighting. I pray that our relationship gets better.

 

I am lost in thought as AJ puts a few bags behind his seat. I can smell food and my stomach growls. AJ seems in great spirits.

 

“What’s got you all excited?” I ask curiously.

 

“There was this young dude singing. He was amazing.” AJ pulls out of the parking lot.

 

“You thinking about working with him?” I am happy that he is excited about his work.

 

“I want to. I think he can be the next big thing.” AJ taps the steering wheel as we stop at the red light.

 

“Did you get this guy’s information?” I ask, trying to keep the conversation going.

 

“Yep. His name is Seth Livingstone.”

 

“He goes to school with Reese. They are on the academic team together.” I comment.

 

“I’ve never heard her mention him before.” AJ zooms into traffic like a crazy man.

 

“That’s because the two of you never talk about school. She complains about how smart he is and how is always trying to outdo her in class projects. Reese hates that it’s always a competition between the two of them. She thinks he’s a nerd.”

 

“He didn’t seem like a nerd to me.” AJ pulls into a spot on a street. I look around and wonder why we are at the building of my old cupcake shop.

 

“What…are we…doing here?” I question.

 

“Surprise.” He gives me an ornery smile. “I know that you want more in your life. So the other day I drove past and saw a for sale sign. I know that you loved that cupcake shop. You are always baking scrumptious goodies at home. I bought the place and figured you could open up the shop again.”

 

I sit there not saying a word. I can’t believe he would do this for me. I don’t know whether to hug him or smack him. I am overwhelmed by his kindness. Maybe he does care about more me than I think he does. That makes me feel guilty.

 

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” I reach over and hug him. I don’t let go for a long time. I just want to hold him like this forever. I’m afraid to let him go.

 

“Thank you.” I whisper. “Thank you.”

 

“So, you’re happy?” He pulls back. The twinkle in his eyes is enough to make me want to jump him. Too bad we are in a coupe.

“I am.” I nod. “But what happens when the baby comes along.”

 

AJ stiffens. I knew things weren’t going to go that smoothly. I shouldn’t have mentioned the baby, but we couldn’t pretend it didn’t exist. The baby would arrive whether things were better or not.

 

“Let’s go inside and talk about this.”

 

Once inside the building, AJ sets up dinner. We sit on the floor and eat. Neither of us is talking. I’m tired of feeling awkward around my husband. I decide to open myself up to him.

 

“I know you aren’t happy that I’m pregnant. That’s fine. It hurts that you don’t want this baby. I’m going to love him or her no matter what. It’s not the baby’s fault our marriage is in a rut. If you don’t want this baby, I can’t see our marriage lasting. I love you, but our baby comes first.” I don’t even stop to take a breath. He stares at me after my tirade. I worry about what he will say.

 

“Aspen, calm down.” AJ grabs my hand and starts rubbing it. “What makes you think I don’t want our baby?”

 

I move closer to him and he pulls me so that I am sitting between his legs facing him. “We haven’t talked about the baby since we found out. You weren’t happy then, so I assume you aren’t happy now.”

 

“I’m sorry, Aspen, so sorry. I wasn’t sure how you were feeling about the baby. I didn’t want to bring it up until you were ready.” He cups my chin and brings my face up to his. “I’m so excited that we are having a baby. Not because it’s going to help our marriage. I love you and this baby. I’m so happy to be adding to our family.”

 

“Really?” I ask, still not completely sure.

 

“Yes. I know I’ve been a dick. I had no right to act that way towards you. Things are going to change starting now. I love you so much Aspen. It’s always been you and will always be you.” The look in his eyes gives me chills.

 

I wrap my arms around his neck. “Make love to me.”

 

“Here?”

 

“Yes, here. The blinds are closed no one will see us.” I smile.

 

“Are you sure?” He doesn’t believe me.

 

“I’m positive. It’s always been about me and my needs. It’s time for me to experience what you like. It’s all about compromise and new experiences. I love you Alexander James McLean.” I push him to the ground and straddle his waist.

 

Our lips meet in a heated kiss. Things are looking up. I know everything is going fine between us. Today is a fresh start. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 30 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

For all of you reading, thank you!!!  and for all the reviews that haven't been responded too, we do thank you and ask for your patience.  I know for me personally, spare time if not easy to come by this month.  I even worked today and it was my day off.  :)   But we SO love hearing what you think!!!! ~ D

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 30

 

Jade

 

            I tap my foot on the tile floor, waiting for my baby girl's plane to land. Calleigh is coming home and I'm thrilled.  The girls asked Aspen and I to meet them at the airport. Apparently they planned a surprise for their fathers.  Nick wasn't please to be left on baby duty.  He's decided poopy diapers are Mommy's domain.  Silly man.

 

            I smile.  Jasmine is 2 months old and growing like a weed. My eyes mist over every time I think of Nick holding her and singing to her. I caught him one night around 1:30 sitting in the nursery holding her and singing to her. I just leaned on the door watching him. He leaned down and kissed her tiny head gently and whispered, "You're so tiny, I feel like I'm going to break you." Tears swam in my eyes. "I'm glad you look like Mommy, Little Bit."

 

            Ever since then, he's dived right in and helped me every step of the way.  I frown slightly, thinking about my last doctor's visit. I'm still not cleared to have sex with my husband. My blood pressure hasn't come down since the delivery. The doctor says I shouldn't get over excited. OK, so yeah, I get excited thinking of making love to my husband, but I swear I think it would only HELP my blood pressure to scratch this particular itch. 

 

            I'm jarred from the x-rated thoughts of my husband when Aspen elbows me and mutters, "Earth to Jade! Where are you?"

 

            I shrug, shaking off my melancholy feelings. "Just thinking about Nick."

 

            I had already told Aspen what the doctor said. Frankly, she doesn't understand it either, but Nick was there and he won't even so much as LOOK at me like that until the doctor gives the all clear. "Still holding out on you, is he?"

 

            I nod and mutter, "More than you know. He threatened to sleep on the couch if I didn't quit rubbing up on him in bed. What am I supposed to do Red? Rape my husband?"

 

            She chuckles.  "Possibly.  He only wants you to be ok. You know that."

 

            I sigh deeply. "I know. But if he keeps holding out, I'm bringing the vibrator out of retirement!"

 

            I giggle hysterically as Aspen chokes on her water. When she catches her breath, she says, "If that doesn't get him going...I know AJ loves it when..."

 

            Her blush sets me off into full blown laughter. Ever since AJ bought her the cupcake shop and they started opening up, Aspen's been a different woman. I didn't really need to know she's into kinky sex with her husband, but seeing her happy and loving life again makes my heart sing. "Well, well, welcome to the world of kink Baby Sister!"

 

            She lowers her eyes, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Stop it Jade!"

 

            I just laugh and hug her tightly. "I'm glad things are ok now." Glancing over her shoulder, I squeal, "Their plane just landed! Red, they're here!"

 

 

            Twenty minutes later, my Calleigh rushes into my arms before I even got a good look at her.  She squeezes me tightly, "Mom, I'm SO glad you came!"

 

            I pull back and look at her. Her skin is a golden brown, thanks to the two week trip to Orlando Brian and Lilly surprised the kids with. "Calleigh, you look beautiful! I'm SO glad you're home!"

 

            She hugs me again, "Mom, it was so much fun! Thank you for letting me go!" She looks around. "Dad stayed home?"

 

            I nod, stepping back and hugging Reese as Calleigh hugs Aspen. "Well, you girls didn't want them here. What's going on?"

 

            Reese links her arm with Aspen's as she carefully looks her mother over. I can see Reese has matured a lot. Worry etches her face but she's careful not to let it show when she says, "We have a surprise for Dad and Uncle Nick. Can we have a big family dinner tonight? Please?"

 

            Aspen laughs. "Well, we kind of planned one. A welcome home party, if you will, at Nick and Jade's. IF we can drag Dad away from his newest find."

 

            I can't help but laugh. "Admit it Red, AJ has an ear for talent and Seth has it."

 

            After getting the girls bags, we head to the car. "Seth who?" Reese asks, fighting with her suitcase because one of the wheels won't turn.

 

            Once the bags are in the car, Aspen replies, "Seth Livingstone. Dad heard him singing at the grocery store and now he's hell bent on signing him. I'm not sure Seth is as into it as Dad is though."

 

            We start climbing into the car, but Reese is standing stock still by the door. "What's wrong Reese?" I can't help but worry after everything that's happened this summer.

 

            She ignores my question and practically screeches, "Dad's working with Seth Livingstone? HOW COULD HE?"

 

            Aspen sighs. "Reese, it's not a competition, now get in. You're causing a scene."

 

            Reese climbs in the back seat with Calleigh and bristles, "Mom, seriously, SETH? He's such a pain in the a..."

 

            Aspen turns her head sharply as I back out of the parking space. "Watch your language Miss!"

 

            Reese sighs deeply. "I'm sorry, ok? But really, why Seth?"

 

            Before Aspen can answer, I chime in, "He does have a great voice. And he's a pretty nice kid. Nick's helping him hone his drumming skills while AJ works with his vocals. He's pretty talented."

 

            Calleigh leans forward. "He sings and plays drums? Hey Reese, maybe he could..."

 

            Aspen turns, "Maybe he could what?"

 

            I check the mirror and see Reese shooting daggers at Calleigh. "NO! N-O NO!  Calleigh, I couldn't sing with him. We'd kill each other in a day! I hate him!"

 

            Calleigh sighs. "Reese come on, he's not a bad guy. You just hate him because occasionally he showed you up on the academic team. It's not the end of the world you know. No one is asking you to fall in love with him!"

 

            I make the turn onto our street, almost hitting a fire hydrant when Reese says, "You mean like you fell in love with Spencer? Hmm Calleigh?"

 

            I stop the car in front of our house and turn.  "Spencer?"

 

            Calleigh blushes. "Can we talk about this LATER please? I don't want Dad freaking out."

 

            Before any of us can speak, she's out of the car and running for Nick, who just came out the front door. When he swings her up in his arms, laughing, my heart swells. His Pixie is home. He's gonna be one happy Daddy tonight.

 

 

 

End Notes:

Let us know!! :)

Chapter 31 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

I swear, I am reading EVERY review and I appreciate it.  I will answer each one as soon as I get a day off, I promise!!!!  

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 31

 

Reese

 

            I get out of the car, looking around for my Dad. Uncle Nick sees me and pulls me into the bear hug he has going on with Calleigh and says, "You're dad's on his way, Reese. His car wouldn't start."  He steps back and whistles. "You two leave little girls and come back beautiful women. I don't think I can take it."

 

            Calleigh beams at his praise, but I just blush.  "Thanks Uncle Nick. Listen, I'm sorry about..."

 

            He puts his fingers over my lips and says, "Nothing to be sorry about, Reese. You and Calleigh are growing up and as much as I hate it, I have to let it happen. You're my niece and I love you. That won't change."

 

            I hug him again and whisper, "Thanks Uncle Nick."

 

            Mom opens the door as she's asking, "Nick, how's AJ getting here?"

 

            Uncle Nick keeps his arm around Calleigh and says, "Seth's gonna drop him off.  I have some music here for him to practice."

 

            I watch Calleigh gently scoop Jasmine out of her swing to hug her as I scowl. "I just can't believe you're working with HIM Uncle Nick."

 

            Uncle Nick laughs. "He did tell us he thought you hated him. Care to tell me why?"

 

            I blush and walk over to look at Jasmine. "I don't hate him. I just don't...like him."

 

            Mom kisses my temple and says, "No one said you had to, Sweetie, but Dad's working with him a lot. Maybe try to be civil, ok? For Dad?"

 

            I nod and sigh. "Sure thing Mom. I can do that."

 

 

            Half an hour later, after having my turn holding Jasmine, I hear Mom yell up to Calleigh's room, "Reese, your dad's here!"

 

            I'm so excited to see Daddy that I drop the controller for the video game I'm playing with Calleigh and run from the room. I know she's following me, but I don't wait.  I fly down the stairs and throw myself into my dad's arms, squealing, "Daddy!"

 

            He hugs me tight and whispers, "Reese's Pieces you finally came home!"

 

            I laugh as he turns me loose. "I missed you Daddy."

 

            He kisses my forehead and says, "I bet I missed you more." Turning slightly, he says, "I think you know Seth."

 

            I look over at Seth. Wow, he's changed a lot!  At school he always seemed to be the perfect nerd, but now...he's wearing a black t-shirt and jeans and from the looks of things, he's been lifting weights. Has he always had muscles?  And where's his glasses.  Why is he smiling at me like a goof?  "Hey Seth," I manage to mutter.

 

            His grin gets bigger. "Nice to see you again, Reese. Looks like you got some sun."

 

            As his eyes float over my body, I shiver. From behind me, I hear Calleigh say, "Hey Seth, Dad tells me you're the next big star."

 

            He chuckles and says, "Hey Leigh...not sure about that, but it's fun working with them."

 

            Trying to sound grown up, I say, "I didn't know you were into singing Seth. I thought you were strictly into ACADEMICS."

 

            He has the audacity to say, "If you paid more attention to those around you Reese, you'd know I've been in the Glee Club since seventh grade." Turning to my dad, he says, "Thanks, Mr. McLean. I better get home. I have a lot to do tonight."

 

            Uncle Nick walks over and hands him a stack of papers. "Here's the music I was telling you about. I have other copies so you can keep those."

 

            He shakes Uncle Nick's hand and says, "Thanks. I appreciate it Mr. Carter. Good night."

 

            After he leaves, Dad says, "Reese, you weren't very friendly toward him. He was nothing but nice."

 

            Before I can say anything, Mom says, "AJ, they just don't get along so well." Looking at me, she says, "Thank you for keeping things civil, Reese."

 

I sigh and say, "No problem."

 

Aunt Jade comes in and says, "Let's eat everyone. Then the girls have a surprise for their dad's.

 

            I can't help being nervous. Will Daddy like how we recorded The Perfect Fan? Or is he so screwed into Seth he won't care?

 

 

            I'm as nervous as I can be as Calleigh and I finish cleaning the kitchen. I had insisted we do it and Calleigh jumped right in with me. When our parents left the room, she said, "What's wrong Reese? You're so jumpy!"

 

            I shrug my shoulders slightly. "I don't know, Calleigh. I was excited about playing the song for them, but now...I'm scared. What if they don't like it?"

 

            Her mouth drops open as she stares at me. "I never thought...ok, now I'M nervous about it!"

 

            From behind us, Aunt Jade says, "Why are you nervous? What's the big secret?"

 

            I turn as she comes fully into the room. "We just...Uncle Brian helped us with a surprise. I...we just want Dad and Uncle Nick to like it."

 

            She grabs a container from the refrigerator and makes a bottle for Jasmine. "Girls, Nick and AJ adore you. And if your surprise is what I think it is, I don't think you have a thing to worry about." She checks the bottle and says, "Brian's on the phone. He wanted to be part of this."

 

            Calleigh nudges my arm. "Let's go do this Reese!" She turns to Aunt Jade. "Mom, can I feed Jasmine?"

 

            Aunt Jade smiles and replies, "Why do you think I made a bottle this time?"

 

            Calleigh hugs her mom before grabbing the bottle and bolting from the room. Aunt Jade looks at me and says, "You ok, Reese?"

 

            I manage to nod. "Just worried I'm good enough, Aunt Jade."

 

            She hugs me tightly and whispers, "Reese, stop.  You are who you're meant to be and we are all proud of you. Especially your Dad. In his eyes, you walk on water. Don't ever doubt how proud we all are of you."

 

            I feel tears sting my eyes. "But Aunt Jade, I caused so many problems."

 

            She puts her arm around me and whispers. "No you didn't. Things happen the way they happen. You didn't cause anything.  You're growing up and it's ok."

 

            I hug her tightly and cry.  From the doorway, I hear my Dad. "What's wrong Reese?"

 

            Aunt Jade winks at me. "Nothing. We're just having a girl moment."

 

            She leaves and Dad says, "Seriously, everything ok?"

 

            I nod, "Yeah, it is. Come on, Dad. We have a surprise for you."

 

 

End Notes:

Love to know what you think!! :)

Chapter 32 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 32

 

Calleigh

 

I get excited and nervous as Ree and Uncle AJ step into the living room. It’s a good thing I’m holding Jasmine or might just bolt from the room. Ree looks at me. I quickly nod my head. I give Jasmine to my mom as Reese gets the cd from her purse.

 

I stand next to my best friend. We grab each other’s hand. “Reese and I have been doing a lot of soul searching this summer. We realized that it was time for us to grow up. We have to thank Aunt Lilly and Uncle Brian for the wonderful summer.”

 

“Thanks Uncle Brian and Aunt Lilly.” Reese shouts.

 

“It was a pleasure having you girls for the summer.” Brian comments from the speakerphone.

 

“Leigh and I spent many nights talking about how grateful we are for having such great parents. Mom and Dad, thank you for loving me even when I caused so much trouble. Grayson, Hayden, the baby, and I are so lucky to have you as parents. I’m sorry for all the trouble I have caused.”  She spills out with emotion. I am so proud of Reese. She has really matured over the summer.

 

I see Uncle AJ wrap his arm around Aunt Aspen. They are so in love. I am happy that things are working out for them. Reese squeezes my hand tighter when she notices them being so lovey- dovey.

 

I look at my mom and dad. They look happy sitting together with my brothers in front of them. “Mom and Daddy, thank you for everything. I wouldn’t be the young lady I am today without you in my life. I hope that I always make you proud.”

 

“Calleigh, we’re proud of you no matter what. You’ve always been special to us.” My dad says with a smile. I know he means it from the bottom of his heart.

 

“We had an awesome time with Uncle Brian working in his studio. He taught us a lot about music and growing up. Thanks Uncle Brian.” I explain.

 

“Anytime girls.” I can hear him smiling through the phone.

 

“Now moms, we love you a lot. We wouldn’t be as strong and independent without your guidance. But the truth is we are our daddies’ girls.”

 

Everyone laughs at Reese’s bluntness, including our parents. My mom is shaking her head while looking at Aspen, who’s doing the same thing.

 

“We know you love us, but we can’t deny it. We know you have your dads wrapped around your little finger.”  My mom says.

 

“Daddy. Uncle AJ.” I address them. “We recorded a song to tell you how much you mean to us. Reese and I hope you like it.”

 

Reese presses play on the stereo. Both of us are anxious to see what are dads think about the song. The beginning notes of The Perfect Fan wafts into the air. I notice my dad sit up straighter on the couch. His eyes lock on mine.

 

We can’t stop looking at each other through the entire song. I forget that there are other people in the room. I hear my voice and can’t believe it’s me singing. Reese sounds amazing. I admit my voice sounds good, but I won’t say it out loud. I don’t want to sound conceited. Music is a gift, but I don’t have to brag.

 

The last note fills the air and my dad’s face is unreadable. I can see many emotions floating through his eyes. The room is quiet, except for Aspen blowing her nose.

 

My dad stands up and walks over to me. He wraps me in his arms. We stay like this for a long time. I can feel the wetness from his tears on my head. I worry because he hasn’t said anything.  Maybe he doesn’t like it.

 

“Dad, what do you think of the song?” I ask quietly.

 

“Pixie, it was beautiful. I loved it more than you ever know. I am glad I have you as my daughter. You are everything I wanted and more. You have grown into a beautiful, caring, intelligent young woman. I’m proud of you.” He plants a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Thanks Daddy. I was so worried I was going to disappoint you. I know that it’s been a little rough with everything that happened, but I am glad that I was able to talk to you and tell you how I feel about things. It feels good to grow up, but I’m always going to be your little girl. Jazzy is so special to have you as a daddy.”  My dad wipes the tears that are falling down my face.

 

I stay cuddled against my dad and watch the scene before me. Reese and her dad are sitting on the couch. AJ is crying like a baby, while Reese is talking a mile a minute to him. I think things are going to be alright between them. The little ones have disappeared. They are probably playing outside.

 

Mom and Aspen are slowly leaving the room. I think they realize this a private moment with our dad’s. It makes me sad knowing they don’t have a relationship with their father. Every girl needs her daddy.

 

A few hours later, the McLeans’ leave and my younger siblings are in bed. I walk out onto the patio where my mom and dad are relaxing. I think it’s time to talk to them about Spencer.

 

“I thought you were exhausted.” My mom remarks, as I take a seat across from them.

 

“I was, but I have something on my mind.” I say quietly.

 

Dad looks worried. I am afraid how he’s going to react to me liking a boy. “What is it Pixie?”

 

“Well….you…umm….see.” I need to be confident. I can do this. I take a deep breath and continue. “You know, Spencer Owens. He goes to school with me.”

 

Mom and Dad nod their heads. “What about him?” My dad asks. This makes me nervous.

 

“Well, I saw him when we came to see Jasmine when she was born.  After that we started texting each other.”

 

“Sweetheart, why are you just telling us now? That was a while ago.” My mom is curious. I can’t tell if she’s mad or not.

 

“I didn’t think it was more than friendship. Plus I was in Georgia and he was here in Cali.”  I admit. If my mom is this upset, how is my dad going to react?

 

“And now your feelings have changed.” Dad comments gently. There is no anger on his face. I breathe a sigh of relief.

 

“I really like him, Daddy. He’s nice and polite.” I start to giggle. “He’s cute, too.”

 

My parents don’t say anything for a while. I am trying to figure out how to approach the subject of dating.

 

“Pixie, thank you for telling us about Spencer. I like that you are honest with mom and me.”

 

“Mom and Dad, there’s one more thing. Would it be okay if Spencer and I hung out?” There I said it. The worse thing they can do is say no.

 

“Calleigh, you know you are too young to date.” My mom blurts out. I didn’t think she would be my opposition.

 

“I know that, Mom. I know that I will be fifteen soon, and I can’t date until I’m sixteen. Would be okay if Spencer came to our house to watch a movie or going swimming?” I walk over and sit on my dad’s lap.

 

“Pixie, give your mom and I some time to think about it. It’s a lot to digest.”

 

“Thanks Daddy.” I press a kiss to his cheek. Then I get up and hug my mom. “Okay, I’m off to bed.”

I make my way into the kitchen. I eavesdrop at the door.

 

“She’s really growing up.” Dad comments sadly.

 

“It was only a matter of time before she would be interested in boys.”

 

“Jade, I think Calleigh showed us she’s mature enough to be friends with a boy. Let’s trust her and invite Spencer over for dinner.”   I smile at my dad’s suggestion.

 

“I thought you would be the one to lock Calleigh in an ivory tower at the first appearance of a boy being interested in her.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m going to have security run a background check on him tomorrow.”

 

“Only you, Nick. I love you.”

 

 I’m not liking the fact that my dad wants to do a background check on Spencer. I guess I should be happy that he’s letting him come over. Baby steps, I just have to keep remembering that. I skip off to bed with a smile on my face.

Chapter 33 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 33

 

Aspen

 

I’m sitting at the island doing some work when AJ appears. I glance at the clock. It’s almost three o’clock. Where does the time go? The kids will be home shortly.

 

“Hey baby! What are you working on?”  AJ sits down beside me.

 

“Just trying to finalize the list of cupcakes I want to sell.”

 

“Just make sure those Better Than Sex Chocolate cupcakes are on the list.”  He takes my notebook and closes it.

 

“But wouldn’t you rather just have sex?” I tease. This pregnancy has me extremely horny. I can’t get enough of AJ. Things have been going extremely well for us since AJ bought the cupcake shop. It’s been fun experimenting. It’s a shame I waited this long to do it.

 

“Hell yes!” AJ slides off the stool and moves closer to me. “I want to fuck you on this island, Aspen.”

 

The house is quiet since the kids started back to school this week. I look at the clock on the microwave and realize we have time for a quickie. Perfect.

 

My mouth moves to AJ’s. I am not wasting any time. AJ lifts me onto the island. With my feet I push his pants and boxers down. Thank God he’s wearing jogging pants.

 

“AJ, you’ve got me so horny.” I gasp as he nips at my neck. Then he slowly rips open my blouse. I shrug out of it.

I lean back as my husband assaults my chest with kisses. “Aspen, damn baby, you’re so beautiful.” He unsnaps my bra as his mouth moves toward my abdomen. “You look so sexy carrying my baby.”

 

“Just fuck me. I need you.” I cry out.

 

We lose track of time. We are so into each other that nothing but pleasuring each other matters. I’m enjoying making up for lost time. AJ mouth moves to my breasts. He’s sucking my hard nipple as my hands are gripping his head. I wrap my legs around him.

 

“OH MY GOD!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!” Reese shouts out loudly.

 

My worst fear has come true. AJ stops what he’s doing and stares at me wide eyed. I’m in a trance and can’t move, even though my teenage daughter is standing in the room, where her dad and I are in the middle of an intimate moment.

 

“Back up Seth. Back the hell up.” She screams as she tries to get out of the room. I watch her leave.

 

Neither AJ nor I say a word. What do you say to a teenager who’s caught her parents naked almost having sex? I’m so embarrassed, especially hearing Reese’s tirade.

 

“I fucking hate my parents. I’m never going to be able to set foot in the kitchen!” She rants and raves. “What the hell were my parents thinking? Who has sex on the kitchen counter? That’s just plain disgusting.”

 

“Reese, calm down.” Seth attempts to calm her down.

 

“I will not fucking calm down. I’m sure you enjoyed getting a peek of my mom. Guys are such pigs.”

 

I turned my attention to my husband. He looks tense. Neither of us speaks. All of a sudden AJ starts laughing.

 

“It’s not funny. Why the hell are you laughing?” I smack him on the chest.

 

“I know it’s not funny, but I feel like I’m in some bad teen movie.” He starts to laugh.

 

“You’re an ass. I hope you realize that we’ve traumatized our daughter for life. How can we look her in the eye after what she saw?” I am starting to freak out. Our relationship with Reese is getting back to normal and this has to happen.

 

AJ hands me my ripped up blouse. I quickly put it on as he pulls up his pants. He helps me off the island.

 

“We just need to be honest with her.”

 

“That’s funny coming from you, since you can’t even utter the word sex in front of Reese. Have you ever caught your mom having sex?” I am pissed that AJ is taking this so lightly.

 

“No, thank god.” AJ shudders.

 

“Exactly. I’ve walked in on Nick and Jade a few times. Let me tell you I was not a happy camper. I can just imagine what is going through Reese’s mind.

 

We don’t get to talk to Reese about what happened until later that night after the little ones go to bed. I knock on her door and wait.

 

“Leave me alone!” She yells.

 

“Reese, we need to talk.” I reply calmly. I am tired and want to go to bed.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about. Just leave me alone.” She is stubborn.

 

“Reese Elizabeth open the door now or you’re grounded.” AJ gets all tough. I roll my eyes at him. In turn, he smiles at me.

 

I hear her stomp to the door and open it. She marches back to her bed and flops down dramatically. She pretends like we aren’t in the room.

“What you saw today….”

 

Reese interrupts. “What I saw today was fucking disgusting. I can’t believe you were going at it like rabbits in the kitchen! What if Grayson or Hayden saw?”

 

“Reese, your mom and I never meant for you to see that. But, I am not going to apologize.” I pinch my husband. He jumps. “Mom and I are consenting adults in a monogamous relationship.”

 

“Honey, what dad is trying to say is that we don’t want you getting the wrong idea.” I attempt to explain, as my face feels hot from embarrassment.

 

“I know what you’re saying. I’m too young to have sex. No kidding.” She walks over to her window. “You two are too old to be having sex outside of your bedroom. That’s just gross. How can I sit at the island and eat a bowl of cereal?”

 

Reese has a flair for the dramatics like her father. Everything is a bigger deal than what it really is with her. I mean every conversation is a big to do.  I wish she would just calm down.

 

“Reese, you need to calm down.” I try to reason with her.

 

“Hell no I won’t calm down. This is fucking shit. You two are obsessed with sex. Parents aren’t supposed to have sex. Only I have parents who spend all their time fucking around the house. Just wait to Calleigh finds out. Oh, God, why do I have such assholes for parents?” She goes on and on, not even realizing she’s digging a hole she may not get out of for a long time.

 

“THAT’S ENOUGH REESE!!!!!” AJ shouts. She freezes and stares at her dad. “If you want to continue to curse like a sailor, you can spend the next month grounded.”

 

They continue their staring contest. I’m afraid to say anything. AJ’s temper has gotten the best of him. My daughter just doesn’t know when to keep her mouth shut. Things with Reese have been normal since she returned, but now we were back at square one. These teenage years are going to kill me.

 

“Fine, Dad!” Reese backs down. “That doesn’t change how I feel.”

“Sweetheart, you are entitled to your feelings. I’m sorry that you saw what you did.” I can’t even utter the words at the moment. I’m still mortified. “Dad and I never wanted you to see us like that.”

 

“Seth being there only made it a thousand times worse. He’s going to tell everyone at school, and I’ll be the laughing stock of eleventh grade. Life is so unfair.” She complains as she falls onto her bed.

 

“Reese’s Pieces, I don’t think Seth will say anything. He doesn’t strike me as the type of guy that would do that.”  AJ reassures her. It’s a lost cause, since she doesn’t like Seth.

 

“Oh Daddy. You don’t get it. Seth hates me. He’ll find anyway to torture me. This is the perfect way to ruin my reputation.” Reese starts crying. She’s a pathetic mess. I feel bad for her, but now she’s milking it for all it’s worth.

 

“You’re being a little dramatic, don’t you think.” I move beside her on the bed.

 

“Hardly, mom. You just don’t get it.” She sighs. “I can’t get the visual of the two of you out of my mind. How am I going to sleep tonight?”

 

“Okay, Reese. We get it. We totally grossed you out. Mom and I apologized. It’s getting late. Finish your homework and get to bed.” AJ plants a kiss on her forehead and walks out.

 

“Night, Reese.” I give her a kiss, but she ignores me.

 

AJ is waiting in the hallway for me.  “Well that went as well as I expected.”

 

“That’s Reese for you. She’ll get over it by the time she graduates college.” I start to yawn. “Let’s go to bed.”

 

“Can we finish what we started earlier?” AJ wraps his arm around me as we walk to our room.

 

“Yes, please. I’m still horny.” We both laugh as we go into our bedroom. “Honey, make sure the bedroom door is locked."  

 

Chapter 34 by tiggerc128

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 34

 

Jade

 

            School is in full swing and Halloween is just around the corner.  Michael decided he would choose costumes for himself and Cameron both.  Cameron stubbornly refused until he realized Michael suggested they be Buzz and Woody.  Cameron is completely fascinated with the space traveling Buzz Lightyear and readily agreed with big brother's decision.

 

            I hear the front door open and turn to see Calleigh and Spencer walk in holding hands.  When they see me he lets go fast.  Calleigh rolls her eyes and I just laugh.  "Hey Kids, how was school?"

 

            Calleigh throws her books on the table.  "Fine."

 

            Spencer sighs. "We had...trouble today."

 

            Instantly on edge, I sit at the table with them. "Trouble? What kind?"

 

            Calleigh sighs.  "Jake was at school.  Reese told him to buzz off.  Then he was bugging me about making her talk to him.  I kind of...well..."

 

            Spencer, being uncharacteristically brave, grabs Calleigh's hand and says, "Jake grabbed her arm and I shoved him back. Then Calleigh slapped him."

 

            I'm ready to throttle Jake, but at the same time I'm in shock that quiet, shy Spencer shoved Jake. And even more so that Calleigh slapped him. "Why didn't the school call me?"

 

            Spencer answers because Calleigh's too busy staring at their entwined fingers.  "Mr. Hartzog saw it all.  He kicked Jake off school grounds then took us to the office.  Even though he said he thought we were only defending Calleigh, we shouldn't have resulted to violence.  He said he'd give us a chance to tell our parents before he calls about our punishment."

 

            My shock turns to anger. "Punishment? He thinks he can punish you for defending yourself? HE ACTUALLY THINKS I'LL ALLOW THAT?"

 

            My screaming wakes Jasmine from her nap.  Calleigh rolls her eyes.  "Mom, chill out. We'll probably just be suspended a couple of days." She leaves the room and comes back in carrying her baby sister. "If you're gonna be like this, I dread telling Dad."

 

            I sigh and close my eyes. "Calleigh, I don't want you to think what that boy did was ok. Not by any means. He never should have put his hands on you and neither you nor Spencer should be punished for what you did.  Your Dad will have every right to be angry."

 

            From the back door, Dad asks, "Angry about what?"

            I see Calleigh's face pale and Spencer looks down. I know he's not necessarily afraid of Nick, but he has a healthy respect for Nick and I as Calleigh's parents. He knows that one wrong move will mean he can't see her anymore.

 

            Calleigh stands and says, "Now Daddy, please stay calm."

 

            I can see the fire in Nick's eyes.  I reach for Jasmine and put her into Nick's arms.  "She's right Nick. Stay calm."

 

            Nick looks down and Jasmine. She stares at him and coos.  I see the fire dying in his eyes. "OK, Jade, I get it.  So what happened?"

 

            We all sit at the table and Calleigh and Spencer once again tell their story.  When they finish, Nick looks at me.  I know he wants to kill Jake the same as me. "Nick, we can't let Spencer and Calleigh be punished.  I don't want to cause problems, but I'm not gonna stand for them taking the blame for defending Calleigh from a physical attack."

 

            Calleigh sighs loudly. "Mom, it wasn't really an attack. He didn't hurt me and Mr. Hartzog sent him away. I don't want trouble, honest.  Just...let it go. For Reese's sake.  Jake's hurt her enough already."

 

            Nick rubs my leg as Jasmine sleeps quietly on his shoulder. "Pixie, Mom's right.  You two shouldn't be punished.  I promise, I won't start anything with Jake, unless he does something else, but I'm not letting either of you have it on your record you were fighting."  He looks at Spencer and says, "Thank you for helping Calleigh."

 

            Spencer smiles at him and says, "I'm glad I was there, Mr. Carter."

 

            Calleigh looks at me and smiles.  Nick's really warming up to Spencer. This is a good thing.

 

 

            Trick or treating is a great success.  Spencer and Calleigh dress up as Captain John Smith and Pocahontas because Michael and Cameron beg them to walk with them for trick or treating instead of Nick and me.  Calleigh and Spencer agree only because Calleigh loves her little brothers to death and Spencer wants to do whatever makes Calleigh happy.  Nick and I follow behind, Jasmine snuggled against my chest sleeping.

 

            Nick has his arms around my shoulder. "Are you sure Denise doesn't mind having all the kids? It seems like a lot."

 

            I rub Jazz's back and say, "She swears it's fine.  Spencer and Seth are going to hang out with the girls and Reese and Calleigh promised to help with the little ones.  I think they'll be fine.  It's not like we'll be far away."

 

            Nick groans. "I can't believe AJ and Aspen are having a Halloween party. At the cupcake shop no less."

 

            I push myself closer to his side and say, "It's her grand opening. You know you'll have fun."

 

            He kisses my temple. "Do I have to dress up?"

 

            I watch Michael and Cameron happily approaching all the doors on our street as I answer. "Yes, you do Nick. We all are.  AJ's gonna be Peter Pan and Aspen will be Tinker Bell.  Her fairy costume is SO cute!"

 

            Nick starts chuckling.  "Peter Pan?  AJ?"

 

            As he guffaws, I snicker and say, "What's so funny, Big Bad Wolf? You have to wear an old granny nightgown with your scary, hairy mask."

 

            Nick's laughter dies.  "That's not funny Jade."

 

            I smile up at him and whisper, "I'll make it worth your while."

 

            He groans. "No.  The doctor said your blood pressure..."

 

            I sigh loudly. "Nick, I'm gonna give you two choices.  Either you make love to me tonight or I'm bringing the vibrator out of retirement.  Think about it.  Cause if I have to do that, you will NOT watch."

 

            I stalk ahead of him, listening to him sputtering behind me. "Come on Kids. Dad and I have to get ready for the party and get you to Grandma Denise!"

 

 

            Once I'm dressed, I wait in the kitchen anxious for Nick's reaction. Spencer and Calleigh walk in and Spencer blushes.  Calleigh whistles. "Looking hot Mom!"

 

            I laugh and say, "Thanks, Sweetie."

 

            She giggles and says, "No more babies, ok?"

 

            My turn to blush. "Calleigh Amber!"

 

            She laughs.  "Just kidding Mom. Just kidding."

 

            I sigh. "Go watch TV with your brothers."

 

            I go to the fridge and pour myself a glass of water. Little as she may know it, she's dead on. I picked this outfit deliberately.  I'm wearing thigh high, black leather boots with a deep, dark red mini dress.  There are black silk ties across the bodice making it look like an old fashioned corset.  The handkerchief hem gives glimpses of my thighs as I walk and the matching red cape falls open. I pull the hood up on my head, letting it rest lightly on my hair as I wait for Nick to come down.

 

            I'm leaning against the sink with my ankles crossed when he walks in.  I could giggle at his granny nightgown, but the look of sheer hunger in his eyes makes my body tremble.  He whistles and says, "You don't play fair, Jade."

 

            I smile seductively. "I'm tired of playing fair.  Nick I need you. God knows how much I need you. It's been too long."

 

            He pushes me into the counter and dips his head to drink from my lips. As we part, he whispers, "I need you too...but Jade..."

 

            His lips on mine were my undoing.  I take his hand and pull him into the walk in pantry, shutting the door behind us.  I grab his face and pull his lips to mine. Our kiss is deep and sensual.  His hands slide my dress up quickly and he fingers my black lace thong as I grip the granny gown covering his jeans and pull it up.

 

            My fingers fumble for the button on his jeans as he pushes his fingers into my wetness. His lips leave mine and in a ragged whisper, he says, "Jade, the kids..."

 

            Before I can reply, I hear Calleigh yell, "We're making popcorn, Michael. Don't eat anymore chocolate, you'll get sick."

 

            Nick and I freeze, my fingers wrapped around his engorged member as his lay soaking in my juice.  I want to groan and at the same time pretend the kids aren't out there.  Until Spencer says, "I really like you Calleigh."

 

            It's so quiet on the other side of the door, I think they have left the room.  Until the microwave beeps.  I hear Calleigh say, "Wow, Spencer...I really like you too."  My eyes meet Nick's and we both just know. Spencer kissed Calleigh.

 

            I feel Nick's hard on start to die and I want to scream in frustration.  Calleigh and Spencer leave the room and Nick tries to push away from me.  "Nick, please, don't..."

 

            He says, "Jade, I just...he kissed her. You know he did!"

 

            I shrug.  "So?  My first kiss was when I was younger than her. It was just a kiss."

 

            He struggles to keep his voice down. "But she's my baby!"

 

            I stomp my foot in frustration. "And I'm your wife!  Nick, I need you, please!"

 

            I see his gaze skim my body.  I'm standing before him, my dress up around my waist, my panties soaked and pushed to the side and my breath coming in deep gulps.  A glimmer of an idea enters my mind.  I slide my hand between my legs.  His nostrils flare. "Jade, don't..."

 

            I smile sweetly, his eyes making my body come back to life. "Make me stop, Nick. Come over here and make me stop."

 

            His gaze hardens. "You know I can make you, Little Girl."

 

            Ohhh, it's the dominate Nick coming out to play. "Do you really want to, Master Nick? Do you want to make me stop?"

 

            His gaze falters. "We said no playing in the house Jade."

 

            I sigh, letting my hands and my dress fall. "So we did."

 

            I move to go past him. He grabs my arm. "Jade wait."

 

            I pull away. "Don't Nick. Don't touch me unless you're going to make love to me.  I just can't take it anymore."

 

            With tears in my eyes I leave the pantry.  What now?  I can't even tempt my husband with his most favorite game we play.  How do I get him to make love to me again? 

 

 

End Notes:

Let us know!! :)

Chapter 35 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 35

 

Reese

 

            When we get to Grandma's house, Dad says, "Reese, make sure you help your Grandma.  And the boys have to leave by 10."

 

            I roll my eyes.  "Yes, Dad I know.  Geesh, you'd think I was engaged to Seth.  You do know we're ONLY friends, right?"

 

            He nods.  "Yes, Reese I know.  And you're too young to even JOKE about being engaged so stop it."

 

            Even though he's being way to over protective, I laugh.  "Yes Daddy.  Have fun tonight...Peter Pan."

 

            He groans.  "If I didn't love your mother so much..."

 

            I smile and hug him.  "It's sweet you're gonna wear tights for her."

 

            He kisses the top of my head. "No making out with Seth."

 

            I wrinkle my nose up, but at the same time, I wonder what it would be like to kiss him.  Shaking my head to get rid of THAT thought, I say, "Don't be gross Daddy. I'm only hanging out with him ‘cause I got outvoted and you, Calleigh and Uncle Nick want us to sing together."

 

            He laughs at me. "You have to admit, Reese's Pieces, you have an incredible harmony, the three of you."

 

            I nod. "Yeah, I guess.  It kills me to say it, but he actually can sing."

 

            Dad hugs me. "Be nice to him Reese.  He's a good kid."

 

            I sigh.  "I know Daddy. Now, go home and get your tights on for Mom.  And make sure she takes pictures, ok?"

 

            He laughs and shakes his head.  "No way, Little Girl. Have fun!  We'll pick you up tomorrow."

 

            I watch him leave, smiling.  Mom and Dad are so happy now.  I still can't believe Seth and I walked in on them doing it in the kitchen.  I blush at the memory.  I'm never gonna be able to get that picture out of my head.

 

 

            After the little kids go to sleep, Grandma tells us we can watch one scary movie before the guys leave.  Calleigh is ecstatic.  She managed to get me alone long enough to tell me Spencer kissed her.  He's just a kid, how good could it have been?  Not like Jake's kiss.

 

            Jake.  My mood darkens as I think of him.  He used me...but I can't deny when he kissed me I felt...different.  Like a woman.  I'm jerked from my daydreams by Seth who asks, "Hey, you ready to watch the movie?"

 

            I turn away and snap, "In a minute!"

 

            He walks closer and says, "What is with you?  One minute we're ok and starting to be friends and the next you bite my head off!"

 

            I spin around and say, "Listen, I don't have to be your friend for us to sing together.  I'm doing this for my Dad and Leigh. Don't ever think I'm HAPPY about you singing with us."

 

            His face falls and he turns.  "Fine. I'll just tell your dad and Calleigh I quit."

 

            I reach out and grab his arm.  "Seth, wait.  Please." He turns back. "I'm...sorry. I was...something Calleigh said made me think of Jake and I was...anyway, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.  I really am glad you are singing with us."

 

            Before I know what's happening, he puts his hand on my neck and says, "Jake is a loser and you're better off without him."  He kisses my forehead and says, "I'll let them know you're bringing popcorn.  What movie do you vote for?  The Exorcist or Jeepers Creepers."

 

            All I manage is a shrug.  I finally stammer, "I...really don't...care."

 

            He smiles at me.  "OK, then, you vote for Jeepers Creepers with me."

 

            As he walks away I touch my forehead.  "Did he REALLY just KISS me?" I whisper.  Sighing, I turn and grab the popcorn, heading for the microwave.  "It's gonna be a long movie."

 

 

 

            By the time I get to the family room, the movie is already in the DVD player. I guess only Spencer wanted to see The Exorcist.  I knew Calleigh would say no.  She snuck in on Uncle Nick watching it a couple of years ago and it scared her so bad, she had nightmares for weeks.

 

            I sit down on the couch beside Seth.  Calleigh and Spencer are on the loveseat.  Just as we're starting the movie, Grandma walks in.  "OK, girls, I'm going upstairs to listen for the kids.  Try to keep it down.  And boys, remember, out by 10."

 

            Seth and Spencer both nod.  Spencer says, "Yes, Ma'am.  And thanks for letting us hang out."

 

            Seth chimes in.  "Yeah, thanks."

 

            She smiles at them. "I'm glad you could come over.  Enjoy the movie."

 

            I start the movie and Calleigh turns off the light.  Even though it's dark, the TV throws off enough light for me to see her and Spencer kissing.  I try to focus on the TV and ignore them. 

 

            As the movie starts getting scary I inch toward Seth.  At first I don't realize I'm doing it.  Until his arm wraps around my shoulder.  I glance up at his face, but he's still watching the screen.  I turn back to the movie, wondering if I can concentrate on it with him touching me like this.

 

            I let myself sink back into the plot of the movie.  When the song starts playing, Jeepers Creepers, I shiver.  I feel Seth's breath on my ear when he whispers, "You're not afraid, are you?"

 

            I turn to say no, even though I am, and I find myself nose to nose with him.  His breath smells like peppermint and popcorn.  "No, I'm not afraid," I whisper.

 

            He smiles.  "Good." Then he leans forward and kisses me.  I could blame it on reflexes that I kiss him back, but that's not it.  I kiss him because I want to.  His lips are so soft.  He hugs me tighter, his other hand coming up and rubbing my cheek.

            I sink into him and allow him to deepen the kiss.  I've French kissed boys before.  OK, two boys.  And neither compare to what Seth's tongue makes me feel.  He doesn't try to shove it down my throat.  It's almost like he's afraid to use it. 

 

Without thinking, I throw my left leg up on his lap, pulling our bodies closer together.  His hand moves to my thigh and he grips it as he pulls me closer.  I sink into the kiss.  I forget everything but what I feel in this moment.  Oh he makes me feel like a woman.  A beautiful, desirable woman. 

 

When he pulls back, I feel lost.  He whispers, "Reese...I really...like you. Would you...be my girlfriend?"

 

I stare at his eyes.  Before I can answer, the light comes on and Grandma is saying, "Ten o'clock boys!"

 

            We spring apart.  I know she saw.  But she doesn't say anything. She just turns and leaves.  I glance at Spencer and Calleigh.  Yep, they were making out too.  I don't know which is blushing worse.  Seth pulls my gaze back to his.  "Will you?"

 

            I nod.  "Yeah."

 

            He kisses me again, quickly, and says, "See you tomorrow!"

 

            After they leave, Calleigh says, "Umm, Reese.  Can I...talk to you?"

 

            I know she wants to talk about making out with Spencer.  I sigh.  "Maybe we should both talk to Grandma."

 

            She looks puzzled.  "Why?"

            I smile shyly (yes, ME shy) and say, "I just told Seth I'd be his girlfriend."

 

            Being a teenager is way to complicated.

 

 

 

End Notes:

Love to know what you think! :)

Chapter 36 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 36

 

Calleigh

 

Disbelief is the first emotion I feel. Reese and Seth together? The world is coming to an end. They are the last two people I thought would get together. Reese seems a little out of sorts, so I don’t say anything.

 

“Yeah, I guess we can talk to Grandma.” I say unsurely. I just want to talk to Reese about Spencer and kissing.

 

We head towards the kitchen, both us are thinking about the evening. I can’t believe I had my first kiss and made out with a boy. Things were moving fast with Spencer, but I kind of liked it. Now I understand how Reese felt about Jake.

 

Reese abruptly stops, causing me to fall into her. She turns around and looks at me. “We’re going to be in deep shit. Grandma is going to flip and tell our dads. I don’t want to be grounded. It was just a kiss.”

 

Crap, if Reese is freaking out, I know we are going to be in a lot of trouble. The one time I let loose and now I’m going to go to hell.  If my dad finds out, I’ll never get to see Spencer. Life sucks.

 

Slowly we enter the kitchen. Denise is sitting in the breakfast nook with a cup of tea. She looks up at us; her face unreadable. I am scared.

 

“Umm….hi….Grandma.” Reese says nervously.

 

“Hello girls.” She motions toward us. “Have a seat. I think we need to have a talk.”

 

Reese quickly sits down. I slowly sit down next to her. I am shaking like a leaf on the inside.

 

“Grandma, we can explain.” Reese blurts out. Usually she’s so calm, but not at the moment.

 

“I was just going to ask if you enjoyed the movie.” She says casually, smiling at us.

 

Reese glances at me. I know what she is thinking. This is not a normal reaction from an adult who’s caught two teenage girls making out with their boyfriends. We are dead meat.

 

“It was nice, though I’m not fond of scary movies.” I manage to get out.

 

“You girls seemed to be enjoying them this evening.”  Denise takes a sip of her tea.

 

Neither of us knows what to say. Sure, Reese had been caught with Jake, but I was a good girl. I think Ree is more freaked out about Seth asking her to be his girlfriend than actually getting caught.

 

“Grandma Denise, we’re sorry. It won’t happen again.” I apologize.

 

“Oh, sweetheart I sincerely doubt that. I understand what it’s like to be a young woman. You’re in love.”

 

“I don’t think it’s love yet, but I really like Spencer a lot.” I can’t help it, I smile. I did enjoy my evening.

 

Reese is sitting silently. I’m worried about her. She is never quiet, but she hasn’t uttered a peep. I nudge her under the table and she gives me a shrug.

 

“I know both of you are into these boys, and they seem very nice. Making out can lead to things that you aren’t ready for just yet. Your body is telling you how good it feels, but that doesn’t mean you’re ready for sex.” Denise starts to lecture.

 

Her lecture is ruining the wonderful moment I had with Spencer. I don’t like it, but I keep quiet and listen.

 

“Come on, Grandma. There is no way I am having sex with Seth Livingstone. Sure, I like the way he kisses but geesh.” Reese blurts out. She finally came out of her stupor.

 

“Reese Elizabeth, I am not going to remind you about Jake. That wasn’t that long ago.” She gives Reese a stare and continues. “You both are mature for your age. Kissing and touching feels good, but sex at your age is dangerous.”

 

“We know. I’ve been through this conversation before.” Reese sighs, frustrated. I know she is sick of hearing it. I am, too.

 

“I believe it’s something you need to hear over and over. I wish I would have done that with Alex and Nick.” Denise trails off more to herself than us. It makes me curious about my dad. Was he a wild child? Did he have sex as a teenager?

 

“Please, I’m not like my mom and dad. They have sex in the kitchen. That’s so gross.”

 

My eyes get wide at Reese’s comment. I don’t even know what to say. If Uncle AJ and Aunt Aspen do that outside the bedroom, what do my parents do? This conversation is disturbing. I just want to go to bed.

 

“Girls, I don’t want to be a great grandmother anytime soon. If you are thinking about having sex, please think really hard about it. Things can go wrong and guys will say anything to get you in bed. Talk to your moms and dads. You will need to use protection.”

 

“Damn it, we know all this. We’re not stupid.” Reese opens her big mouth.

 

“That’s enough.” Grandma Denise replies sharply.  “Reese your attitude doesn’t surprise me. You are your father’s daughter.”

 

That put Reese in full pout mode. It’s not funny but I want to laugh. I think we both want this conversation to end. I hated talking about sex with grownups. It was embarrassing. I think about having this kind of talk with my dad and my stomach gets twitchy.

 

“I get what you are saying Grandma Denise. I promise that I will talk to an adult if I ever decide to have sex. I plan on waiting a long time. It’s not a decision I take lightly. Kissing is nice, but I know I’m not ready to take it any further. The whole thing is a little scary for me. ” I say seriously. Reese reaches over and pinches me.

 

“That’s mature Calleigh. I’m glad you are taking things seriously.” Denise comments and Reese pinches me again. I’m going to be bruised. “Girls, I would like you to talk to your mom’s about what happen tonight.”

 

“Why not our dads?” Reese quips. Denise and I can’t help but laugh.

 

“Ree, can you imagine telling your dad that Seth had his tongue down your throat.” I tease.

 

“Calleigh Amber.” Reese shrieks and punches me in the arm. I can’t stop giggling.

 

“Girls, keep it down. The little ones are sleeping.”

 

“Okay, we better get to bed.” Reese announces. She gets up and gives her Grandma a kiss. “Thanks for not going postal on us.”

 

“You’re welcome. Please talk to your mom or I will mention it to her.”

 

“Sure thing. Let’s go Leigh.” She starts to pull me out of the room.

 

“Goodnight, Grandma Denise.” I say as I leave the room.

 

We rush upstairs to the bedroom Reese and I are sharing. Quickly we get into our pajamas. Then we get into bed so that we can talk about the boys.

 

“So how was making out with Spencer?” Ree asks as she checks her phone.

 

“I have to admit it was awesome. Kissing Spencer is everything I thought it would be and more.” I say dreamily.

 

“You are so hooked, girly. I’m so happy for you.” She gives me a hug. “Did he feel you up or anything?”

 

I blush at her question. She is always good at embarrassing me. “Oh, Ree. No! Spencer was nothing more than a gentleman. He didn’t even French kiss me.”

 

“Just you wait girl. Pretty soon his tongue will be in your mouth.”  Reese teases.

 

I blush profusely. I really don’t want to talk about it. Maybe I should change the subject, but I decide to be honest with her. “I don’t think I’m ready for that. That’s taking thing a little too far.”

 

“Oh Calleigh.” She remarks dramatically. “It’s okay. It’s a good thing you are dating a nice guy like Spencer. You picked a good first boyfriend.”

 

“Thanks, Reese. That means a lot to me.” I give her a quick hug. “So tell me about Seth.”

 

Reese thinks for a few minutes before thinking. I know that she is confused. “Oh, Leigh! When he kissed me earlier in the kitchen, it was a simple kiss on the forehead, but it was so gentle. I couldn’t think of anything else.”

 

“I’m so happy for you.”

 

“Then when he slid his tongue in my mouth. He made me feel like a woman. It was better than Jake. I just don’t understand why he likes me. I’ve been a bitch to him since middle school.”

 

“Ree, he sees the great person you are on the inside. I think Seth is the perfect guy for you.”

 

“We’ll see. I can’t believe I said yes.” Reese laughs.

 

“Just wait until your dad finds out. He’ll be planning the wedding.” I tease her.

 

“Hell no. I’m not getting married until I’m forty.” Reese says as she curls up under the covers.

 

“Night, Ree.”

 

“Night, Leigh.”

 

Chapter 37 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 37

 

Aspen

 

Everything is ready to go for the grand opening. I’m nervous that it’s going to be a failure. I watch AJ smoking outside. Things have been so good between us the last couple of months. Life has also settled down since the spring, when the whole Jake thing happened. It’s nice having everything calm. I just wonder how long it will last.

 

Nick and Jade are the first to arrive; fifteen minutes early to be exact. Nick stays outside to talk with AJ. Jade enters the shop with a frustrated look on her face. Clearly, something is wrong. I’m sure it has to do with her beloved husband.

 

“Hey, sissy. What’s wrong?” I ask while fixing a cupcake display for the thirtieth time.

 

“Damn, all I want is sex.” She sighs and sits down.

 

“Nick’s still holding out?” I join her at the table.

 

“Yes, the dumbass won’t make love to me. I could kill the doctor right now. Not being able to make love to my husband is the reason for my high blood pressure.”

 

I feel bad for my sister. It’s time to give her some advice. “Jade, you know your body better than anyone else. I say do what you got to do. If that means tying up your husband and fucking him senseless, do it.”

 

“I never knew you were such a kinky bitch, Red. My, my, my how things have changed.”  Jade smacks me in the arm. I start to blush. “Whatever AJ has done to my sister, I am forever grateful.”

 

“Well if it isn’t the two most beautiful women in the world.”  Kevin smiles at us. I get up as quickly as a fat pregnant woman can. He pulls me into a hug.

 

“It’s so good to see you. It’s been too long. You need to come for dinner one night.”

 

“Sounds good.” He breaks away from me. “The place is gorgeous.”

 

“Thanks.” I smile proudly.

 

After I get done talking to Kevin, I realize Jade has disappeared. Hopefully she’s in upstairs office having her way with Nick. Actually it’s not really an office. AJ and I basically converted it into a little love den for us. That way if we want to get away, we can come here and make love.

 

I spot AJ talking to Brian and Lilly. Wait, they said they couldn’t make it because of some obligation. I run over to my sister and brother. “Oh my goodness. What are you doing here?”

 

“Like I was going to miss your grand opening.” Lilly pulls me into a hug. “You look stunning, Aspen.”

 

“It’s all the hot sex we’ve been having.” AJ chimes in. I should feel embarrassed but I’m not.

 

“I would say I’m jealous, but I rather enjoy my sex life.” Lilly giggles. Then she whispers in my ear. “I’m glad everything is working out between the two of you. How’s Reese?”

 

“Reese is doing well. She’s really matured over the summer. Thanks for everything Lilly.” 

 

“She’s a great girl. I’m excited that I got to spend time with Reese and Calleigh this summer. Well, I better go find, Twig and say hello.”

 

After Lilly leaves, I turn around to talk to AJ, but he’s off talking to a reporter. I can’t believe that a reporter is at the party. What did AJ do?  I make my way over to him.

 

“She makes the best cupcakes around. I’ve been eating them since the first day I met her. My favorites come from her adult line, especially the better than sex chocolate ones.”

 

My heart melts at his comments. I’m so lucky to have him in my life. For the last year I thought I was going to lose my husband. Things are so much better now. At the exact moment I think about my wonderful life, the baby starts kicking a lot. It won’t stop. I’m so excited I race over to AJ.

 

“I love you.” I reach up and plant a kiss on his mouth. I don’t even care that he’s in the middle of an interview. I take his hand and place it on my swollen abdomen. “Feel how active this little one is?”

 

“Feeling our babies kick always excites me.” He kisses my hair. “This is the lovely owner of Aspen’s Wicked Temptations.”

 

The reporter from US Weekly starts asking me a ton of questions. At first, I am nervous but I relax after the first few questions. Once the interview is over, I make my way back into the kitchen.

 

I start to place cupcakes onto a tray to take out to the party. I’m enjoying the music playing in the background. I feel a presence in the room. I turn around and see AJ standing in the doorway staring at me. I can’t help but laugh at him in those tights.

 

“What are you staring at, Peter Pan?” I tease, licking icing off my finger.

 

“Damn it, Aspen. You know how much I love licking icing off your body.” He replies in husky tone.  I think back to the first time we met in this store. My dream of finding love came true that day.

 

“Stop.” I groan. “I want you now, and I can’t do anything about it. Too bad we couldn’t go upstairs and have some fun.”

“It wouldn’t be nice if the host and hostess left the party.”  He moves closer to me. He takes my hands and gently sucks off the pink cotton candy icing.

 

“You…you…need to…stop.” I moan loudly. I start to forget that everyone is still there.

 

“Just wait until everyone leaves tonight. I’m going to carry you upstairs and make love to you until we pick up the kids.”

 

“I can’t wait. Can’t we just tell everyone to leave?” I murmur into his ear.

 

“Now Aspen, baby as much as I wish we could, we can’t. It won’t be too much longer.” He grabs the tray of cakes and leaves the kitchen. Damn him for making me all hot and bothered.

 

I walk back into the shop. Nick is sitting at a table brooding. I look around for Jade. I don’t see her. This is not good. I hope that she’s just in the bathroom.  Her laughter echoes behind me. Turning around I see her talking to a group of my friends. Nick is clearly pissed at her.

 

Before I have a chance to walk over, Howie stops me. “Aspen, congrats on the new shop. It’s going to be a success.”

 

“Thank you, Howie.” I smile.

 

“I’m glad things are working for you and AJ again. I’ve never seen a man so in love with his wife.”

 

Howie’s words bring tears to my eyes. I could blame it on the pregnancy, but this is the first one I’ve been weepy with.  “I feel the same way about him.  I couldn’t ask for a better husband.”

 

“Just wait to you hear the song he wrote for you.” My eyes widen with surprise. “Oops, I wasn’t supposed to mention it.”

 

I’m speechless. In all our years together, he has never written a song about me. I’m deeply touched. “It will be our little secret Howie.” I giggle.

 

This has been one of the best nights of my life. It would have never happened without my wonderful husband. I’m the luckiest woman in the world.

Chapter 38 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 38

 

Jade

 

            I've tried twice to get Nick to sneak away with me.  Both times, he brushed me off.  Yes, ok, I get it, this is Aspen's big night and we should stay a while.  Fine, whatever.  But does he have to be so cold about it?  I can't even get him to kiss me which makes me even madder.

 

            I chose Red Riding Hood for a reason.  This was the absolute sexiest costume I could find that was suitable for such an occasion.  Aspen even made a cupcake called Red Riding Hood Velvet.  Sounds kinky I know, but she has some DOOZIES in her adult cupcake line.  Lick Me Key Lime.  Peach Passion.  AJ's favorite, Better Than Sex.  And that's just a few. 

 

            After talking to Red, I figured the best thing to do was just point blank tell him I want him.  So far, it hasn't worked.  Last time I looked, he was talking to Kevin about the new album.  I seriously think of just leaving when I see Bryce, Jensen and Chuck.  I didn't think they would come to a cupcake shop grand opening, but they did.

 

            We've known them since we were kids.  Jensen was my first crush, back in fourth grade.  Too bad he was gay.  Instead of becoming the best boyfriend ever, he and the other's became fast family friends that lasted our lifetimes.  They are dressed up like the Three Musketeers and look so cute.  I push aside my problems with Nick and go over to talk to them.  If nothing else, I'm sure Jensen will at least make me laugh.

 

 

            It takes all of thirty seconds for me to realize Chuck is drunk.  He caught his wife with the mailman a month ago and since then, he's been drinking more.  Tonight is the worst I've seen him.  Jensen and Bryce are trying to get him to leave when he looks me over and says, "Damn, Jade, why didn't I ever notice how hot you are?"

 

            I blush, pulling my cape tighter around me.  "Chuck, I think you need help."

 

            He laughs loudly and I know people are staring.  "Come, Jade.  I don't need help.  But what I do need is to see more of you. Come on, show me what you got."

 

            He pulls my cape apart and starts groping my breasts.  I'm mortified.  Jensen grabs at Chuck but he pushes him off and manages to run a finger down my cleavage.  From the corner of my eye I see Aspen watching in horror.  I push Chuck's hand away and whisper fiercely, "Chuck, you're ruining Aspen's party.  Get out of here."

 

            From behind me, I hear Nick and I swear to God, the tone of his voice sends a chill straight to my soul.  "Get your hands off my wife!"

 

            Nick places himself in front of me, staring at Chuck. I can't see Nick's face, but Chuck turns white as a sheet.  "Geesh, I was just playing around. Where's your Halloween spirit?"

 

            Nick grabs his shirt and pulls him forward.  "If we were anywhere else, I'd flatten you, but for Aspen's sake..."

 

            I step around Nick.  "Chuck, go home."

 

            He nods, not meeting my eyes.  Jensen grabs one of Chuck's arms and Bryce grabs the other.  "He's not himself, Jade. I'm sure he didn't mean it."

 

            I nod.  "I know Jensen.  I'll talk to you later."

 

            I start to turn around and Nick whispers, "No. Don't look at me."

 

            I feel my lip quiver.  He's pissed.  SHIT.  I don't turn around, I just say, "Nick, he was drunk and he's upset about Maria.  It was nothing."

 

            I feel his body touch mine lightly and his breath tickles my hair.  "DON'T say another word.  If you hadn't been flaunting yourself..."

 

            His words push me over the edge.  I walk away from him under a head of steam.  I pull Aspen and Lilly into the kitchen and hug them both, whispering, "I have to leave."

 

            Lilly grabs my shoulders and shakes me.  "Twig, what's wrong? Is it Chuck being an ass?"

 

            I shake my head but before I speak, Aspen says, "No, NICK is the ass. Are you going home, Jade?"

 

            I shrug.  "I don't know. I'll call you in a while. I'm sorry Red.  The place looks great."

 

            She hugs me.  "It's because he loves you."

            I sigh, tears seeping down my cheeks.  "I know."

 

 

            I end up at the Redbury.  I haven't been here in years, but I just couldn't go home.  Not to the house I share with Nick knowing he thinks I'm a slut.  I throw my purse on the table and take off the cape.  I didn't plan this very well, I have nothing to wear home.  Oh well, I'll call Red in the morning and ask her to bring me something.

 

            Just as I start taking off one of my boots, my phone rings.  I grab it.  Aspen.  "Hey, Red."

 

            I hear her relax.  "You're ok?"

 

            I sigh.  "Yeah, I'm fine.  I just can't believe after everything that's happened, it ends up like this."

 

            She asks quietly, "Did you go home? Is Nick there yet?"

 

            I shake my head like a moron, thinking she can see me. "No...I'm not home. I came to the Redbury.  I don't...isn't Nick there?"

 

            She raises her voice a little. "Why are you at the Redbury?  Dammit Twig, how can you fix things with Nick if you don't go home?"

 

            I feel anger bubbling up in me.  "It's none of your business Aspen!"  When she gasps, I instantly feel horrible.  "I'm sorry Red.  Chalk it up to sexual frustration, ok?  I'm fine.  I think I will go home.  In a while."

 

            She murmurs, "I'm just worried. If you need me call."

 

            I smile and whisper, "Thanks Red.  Love you."

 

            I feel drained.  I put my phone aside and lay back on the bed, still fully dressed.  I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  No wonder my blood pressure is through the roof.  Look at me, flying off the handle about everything.

 

            I sit up and reach for my purse.  I pull out my blood pressure pills and mutter, "What if I just stop taking them?"  As I contemplate such a daring move, someone knocks.  I sigh, popping open the lid.  As much as I want to just flush them, I better ask my doctor first.  And take the dose I forgot to take before the party.

 

            I go to the door, expecting Lilly.  Surprisingly, I find my husband.  He looks...scared.  I sigh and say, "Come in."  I turn away from him and reach for a water bottle. "I'll be so glad when I can stop taking these stupid pills.  They are probably making my blood pressure soar."

 

            I hear him groan and turn in time to be swept into his arms.  I drop the bottle of pills and the bottle of water as his lips crash onto mine.  I revel in his savagery but I wonder where it's coming from.  I manage to push him away and ask, "What do you think you're doing?"

            He leans back a little but keeps a firm grasp on my waist.  "I'm kissing my wife, what do you think?"

 

            I wiggle out of his arms and shove him away. "What, you think that ring gives you a right after the way you spoke to me?  Get a grip Carter, I'm not "flaunting" myself any more tonight!"  I grab the cape and wrap it around me, turning away from him.

 

            I hear him sigh.  "Jade, you know I didn't mean it.  I was furious.  I was jealous.  Instead of blaming myself for being such an ass, I threw the blame off on you.  I'm sorry."

 

            I lower my head and sniffle. "Nick, what's happened to us?  Ever since Jazz came, things are different."  I wrap my arms tightly around my waist.  "I...Nick I just need you.  I don't care what the doctor says, I need you and it's killing me."

 

            As the sobs overtake me he steps in front of me and pulls me into his arms.  I bury my head in his chest and my body shakes.  He rubs my back and whispers, "Jade, it's ok.  Baby, stop crying."

 

            We end up lying on the bed wrapped in each other's arms.  When my tears are all dried up, he tilts my face up to his and whispers, "Jade, I thought I was doing what was best for you, and it was killing me.  There isn't a day that I don't want to make love to you in every conceivable position and not stop until we both collapse."

 

            I sigh, frustrated.  "That damn doctor is a certifiable quack.  There is nothing wrong with me."

 

            I see worry in his eyes.  "Jade, when I got here tonight...when I saw you with those pills...it really scared me."

 

            I prop myself up on my elbow.  "Why Nick?"  Then it dawns on me. "Nick, I'm so sorry Sweetheart. I hope you know I would never...I would NEVER try to hurt myself again. You have to believe that."

 

            He smiles sadly.  "I do.  But for a heartbeat, it's like I was seeing what happened to you all those years ago and it scared the shit out of me.  Jade I love you."

 

            I lean closer to him and kiss him. "I love you too, Nick."

 

            Our kisses deepen and my body responds to him almost instantly.  When he starts to pull away, I plead with him in an agonized whisper, "Nick, PLEASE!"

 

            I see his mouth turn up in that smirk I love so much before he whispers, "Just gonna get a bit more comfortable, Little Girl. Don't you think you should?"

 

            I watch him slowly take off his clothes and my body throbs with need.  I stand and put one of my feet on the bed, slowly lowering the zipper on the boot.  He whistles and in a sultry voice says, "Much as I love a show, Jade, I need you naked. NOW!"

 

            All else is forgotten as I quickly strip.  We meet in the middle of the bed and he pushes me quickly onto my back, nestling between my thighs.  "Mine Jade. You're all mine."

 

            I feel the weight of the world lift from my shoulders as the weight of my husband presses me into the bed.  I gasp in pleasure as he fills me and I whisper, "All yours Nick. Now and always." 

 

 

End Notes:

We'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

Chapter 39 by tiggerc128
Author's Notes:

I'm SO SO sorry I didn't update last night!  I'm working midnights till the 23 and I didn't get home till almost 1:00 am.  Hope you enjoy and forgive me for being late. ~ D

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 39

 

Reese

 

            When I wake up the next day, I hear Mom and Dad playing with Grayson and Hayden. I roll over to bury my head under my pillow when someone knocks on the door. I turn and watch as Grandma opens the door and sneaks in. I sit up, noticing Calleigh is gone. Grandma sits by me and says, "Good morning. Sleep well?"

 

            I nod. "I guess. Where's Calleigh?"

 

            She smiles. "Feeding Jasmine. Nick and Jade are going to be here in about an hour. Your Mom and Dad are here."

 

            I sigh loudly. "I know. I heard them."

 

            She smiles. "You won't forget your promise, will you?"

 

            I shake my head. "No, I'll talk to her Grandma. I just want to wait till Dad's not around ok?"

 

            She nods and hugs me. "Yes, I understand Reese. Just don't break your promise or I will talk to her AND your father."

 

            I sigh, letting my frustration shine through. "OK, Grandma, I get it. I'll talk to her today or tomorrow."

 

            She frowns.  "Today. I mean it, Reese."

 

            She leaves and I throw my pillow at the door. Why can't she be as cool as she was last night and give me a chance?  Hell, I know I'm not ready for it...OK, that's a lie, I totally think I'm ready for sex.  But with Seth?  I don't know...

 

 

            We're just getting ready to leave when Uncle Nick and Aunt Jade shows up.  Both of them are acting really strange.  Kind of like Mom and Dad when...NO NO NO, I am NOT going to picture Uncle Nick and Aunt Jade having sex.  It's bad enough I've actually SEEN Aunt Lilly do it in her movie.

 

            I sigh as I sit in the back of the mini-van.  Mom raises her voice and says, "Reese, what's wrong? Didn't you have fun last night?"

 

            I look up and catch my Dad watching me in the rear view mirror. Pasting on a happy face, I say, "Yeah, it was fun, why?"

            She shrugs and turns in her seat to look at me.  "You're really quiet, that's all."

 

            I sigh and say, "I've got a lot on my mind, Mom. Can we talk later? Maybe when the kids take a nap?"

            At the mention of nap, both boys start to protest.  Dad raises his voice and says, "STOP! If you keep whining, you're all going to nap, Reese included. Now pipe down till we get home!"

 

            I close my eyes and remain quiet the rest of the trip home.  When we get there, Grayson says, "Daddy, I don't wanna nap. Can I watch cartoons? If I be really quiet?"

 

            Daddy sighs. "Grayson, why don't you and Hayden come down to the studio with me? You can watch cartoons while I work on some songs." He looks at me expectantly. "You can come too if you want."

 

            I shake my head. "No thanks Dad.  I kind of wanted to...talk to Mom. Girl stuff."

 

            He nods then makes a face at Grayson.  "Eww, girl stuff! Come on, let's go!"

 

            Grayson high-fives Dad and they head to the basement.  Hayden looks up, "Mommy, I'm a girl, do I have to go?"

 

            Mom brushes her hair back. "Why don't you go up to your room and set up a tea party?  I need to have a grown up talk with Reese, then we'll come up and play, ok? I'll even bring some cupcakes."

 

            She smiles and hugs us both before she runs off. Mom turns to me.  "Reese, what's wrong? You've been unusually quiet today."

 

            I shrug and watch as she pulls miniature cupcakes from the freezer for the tea party. "Well, Mom...don't get mad ok?"  She nods so I say cautiously, "Last night, Seth asked me to be his girlfriend."

 

            Her head snaps around to me. "But I didn't think you two liked each other too much!"

 

            I shrug and say, "I didn't either...until he...kissed me."

 

            Mom sets at the table and stares at me.  "He kissed you? Reese, I'm confused. Why all of the sudden do you want to talk about boys?"

 

            I sit beside her and say, "Grandma threatened to tell you and Dad about it...what she saw...if I didn't at least talk to you."

 

            I can see Mom starting to panic. "Just what did she see Reese?"

            I start to blush and fidget.  "Well, we were watching a scary movie and he sort of put his arm around me, and then...well, we were making out."

 

            She lowers her head.  "Reese...you didn't...just how far did you go making out?"

 

            I sigh loudly. "Mom, Calleigh and Spencer were in the room.  We didn't get naked or anything, we just kissed a lot. We didn't do anything more than what Spencer and Calleigh were doing!"

 

            Her head snaps up. "Spencer and Calleigh?  And Grandma saw?"

 

            I nod. "We were kissing. Seth asked me to be his girlfriend and then we kissed. No big deal."

 

            Mom stares at me thoughtfully. "If Grandma thinks we should talk, maybe it's a bigger deal than you think."

 

            I blush and say, "After Jake, Grandma is worried I'll do something stupid with Seth. I'm not even sure how I feel about him, but..."

 

            She smiles at me. Actually SMILES.   "But when he kissed you it made you feel special?"

 

            My mouth drops open. "How did you know?"

            She takes my hand.  "I was young once too, Reese.  I remember what it was like to experience new things. It's not all bad."

 

            I shake my head. "Mom, if we're careful, what's so bad about us...doing it?"

 

            I see her start to panic.  "Reese, no matter how careful you think you're being, you can always get pregnant.  Or catch a disease.  Nothing works all the time.  Remember when I took you to the gynecologist?"

 

            I nod. "Yeah. You put me on birth control because you didn't want to take the chance of me having a baby. Isn't that enough?"

 

            She sighs.  "Reese, it helps, but when you decide to have sex you're taking on a huge responsibility.  You're only fifteen.  Do you want to have a baby when you're sixteen?"

 

            My mouth drops open. "I don't want to have a baby till I'm thirty Mom!"

 

            She sighs and laughs. "Maybe you won't wait that long, but Reese, sex is a huge responsibility.  I just want to make sure you're mature enough to handle the consequences and I don't think you are yet."

 

            I slam my hand on the table and stand. "Mom, I'm not a baby!  I'm a woman and I can make my OWN decisions!"

 

            Her voice raises and she glares at me. "You will NOT talk to me in that tone of voice young lady.  Now sit down and talk to me like an adult or go to your room!"

 

            I stomp away from the table.  When I get to the door, I turn and say, "You just don't want me to grow up! You want me to be a kid forever, but I'm not! You'll see!"

 

 

            Three hours later, Dad knocks on my door. "Reese, can you come down?  We need to have a family meeting."

 

            I groan.  "OK, Dad."

 

            I hear him walk away and I punch my pillow. She just HAD to tell him!  Great, this will be a fun family talk!

 

            When I get to the great room, I'm surprised Grayson and Hayden are there too.  I start to get nervous.  I sit on the edge of the coffee table and say, "What's wrong?"

 

            Daddy shoves his hands in his pockets.  "Wrong? Nothing.  We've just...that is, the guys and I have made a decision.  This album...it's going to be our last.  We're not going to record any more as the Backstreet Boys."

 

End Notes:

Please share your thoughts! :)

Chapter 40 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 40

 

Calleigh

 

As soon as we get home Dad pulls us into the living room. Mom and Dad have this glow about them. I wonder what’s got them so happy.  It dawns on me, when I see the hickey on my mom’s neck, that they had sex last night. It seems like all I see and hear is sex. I am confused.

 

“I just wanted to let everyone know, that the guys and I have decided that this is going to be our last album.”

 

“Are you for real?” The words fall out of my mouth. I’m in shock.

 

Dad walks over and pulls me into a hug. “We decided we want to spend more time with our families. I hate missing the important things because I’m touring.  Calleigh, you’ll be going to college soon. I don’t want to miss your prom or graduation. I want to be here to see Michael and Cameron score a goal in soccer.”

 

“Daddy, it’s going to be good to have you home all the time after this tour. Are you going to stop doing music for good?” I ask curiously. What will happen with my singing?

 

“No. I want to spend time working with you, Seth, and Reese.”

 

“Thanks daddy. Is it okay, if I go do my homework?”

 

“Of course.” He squeezes me before he lets me go.

 

Once I’m in my room, I flop onto my bed. My homework has been done since Friday.  I’m feeling bittersweet at the moment. I’m excited that dad will be home all the time, but it will be weird to not having the Backstreet family around all the time. Plus, I can’t get my mind off of Spencer and what happened last night.

I hear a light tap on my door. It’s my mom. “Come in.” I answer quietly.

 

“Everything okay, Calleigh?” Mom asks, walking into my room.

 

“I guess.” I sit up and stare at the purple flowers on my duvet.

 

Mom sits down. “Did something happen last night?”

 

“Well…umm…you…see.” I can’t even look at her.

 

“Calleigh, you know you can tell me anything. I’m not going to judge.”

 

I look at my mom, but my focus is on her hickey. “Spencer kissed me last night.” I admit with a slight smile.

 

“Sweetie, that’s a big moment in a girl’s life.” Mom smiles at me. “How do you feel about it?”

 

I have to laugh at mom. Every time something major happens in my life, it’s a big moment. She said the same thing about my period, lol. I hope she doesn’t take me out for ice cream like she did when I started my menstrual cycle. That was embarrassing enough.

 

“It was nice.” I smile slightly. I’m having mixed emotions about it.

 

“Just nice?” Mom looks at me.  “I thought you would be on cloud nine. I remember my first kiss.”

 

“I did enjoy it. During the movie, Spencer and I…umm…umm.”  I pause to find the words. “We spent a lot of time kissing.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong with a little kissing. It’s normal.” Mom reassures, but I still feel unsure.

 

“I guess. Mom, did you know that Reese is on birth control? She takes some kind of shot.”

 

“Aspen mentioned it to me. She’s afraid Reese is going to have sex without her knowing.”

 

I feel the sex talk coming. It makes me uncomfortable talking about it. Now that I’m dating Spencer my parents are going to talking to me a lot about sex. I don’t like this part of dating.

 

“I just don’t understand how Reese thinks she’s ready for sex.” I comment. It’s easier to talk about Reese than myself.

 

“Calleigh, you know she isn’t. Reese likes to act older than she is. I love your cousin dearly, but she acts before she thinks. That can get her into trouble.” Mom cups my chin in her hand. “If you ever think you are going to have sex, I want you to come to me.”

 

I’m silent for a moment. “You don’t have to worry. I don’t plan on having sex for a long time, Mom. I don’t even think I’m ready to make out again.”

 

“Calleigh, wanting to kiss boys is normal. There’s nothing wrong kissing your boyfriend.”  My mom reassures me.    

 

“I know. Everything is so new to me when it comes to dating.  I don’t want to give Spencer the wrong opinion about me. I’m not the kind of girl to rush into things.”

 

“That’s very mature of you.”

 

My door opens and Dad walks in. “I agree with your mom.”

 

I can’t believe he was eavesdropping on my private conversation. It was hard enough talking to my mom about it, let alone my dad listening at the door.

 

“Nick, I think you need to go check on the boys.” My mom gives him a stern look.  

 

“But, Jade.” He whines. I want to laugh at my dad, but I don’t.

 

“Go Nick. We’re having a woman to woman chat.”

 

“Fine. I love you Pixie.” Dad smiles at me.

 

“I love you, Daddy.”

 

Mom apologizes after Dad closes the door. I pray that he’s not listening at the door. Just then my phone rings. I grab it and look at the screen. It’s Reese. “I need to answer this mom. Is it okay if we talk later?”

 

She nods her head and leaves. It’s nice to have privacy from one parent. Dad is too much sometimes.       

 

“Hey Ree!” I say cheerfully.

 

“Why are you so fucking cheerful?” She grumbles.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I’m so fucking tired of being treated like a baby. My mom treats me like I’m five. Hayden has more freedom than me.” She practically yells into the phone. I love her dearly, but her melodrama needs to stop. Her moods swings are driving me crazy.

 

“Ree, I’m sorry. I think it’s because she cares. Did you tell her about Seth?”

 

“Of course I did, but she freaked out on me once I mentioned sex. Come on, everyone our age is having sex. I don’t see what the big deal is.”

 

I take a deep breath and speak. “That’s not true. There are a lot of people that don’t have sex at school. Most of our friends haven’t done it yet.”

 

“Just because you don’t have sex, doesn’t mean the rest of them are waiting.” Reese comments sharply. I’m starting to get tired of her acting like I’m a baby.

 

“Shut up, Reese Elizabeth McLean. You’ve been nothing but a bitch lately. I’m tired of the way you treat me and everyone else around you.  The world doesn’t revolve around you. I kind of feel sorry for Seth wanting you as his girlfriend. Just leave me alone.” I end the call and shut off my phone.

I feel bad for what I said to Reese, but I’m tired of her attitude. Why can’t she accept the fact that you can be happy without being the wild girl? I am starting to worry about her, but I need to take care of myself. I love Ree with all my heart, but I’m trying to grow up and mature; I can’t let her bring me down. Why is life so hard?                  

 

End Notes:
Let us know!!! :-)
Chapter 41 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 41

 

Aspen

 

Putting dinner on the table was exhausting. I was tired from the pregnancy and a busy day at the cupcake shop. I really didn’t feel like making anything more than hotdogs, but that isn’t going to work.  Reese, Seth and Calleigh will be here shortly to practice.

 

“Mommy, mommy, look what I made in school!” Hayden shoves a paper in my hand.

 

“Wow!” I say as I slowly bend down to her level. “Did you write this all by yourself?”

 

“Yes, I did. See, I got a gold star for my handwriting, and I spelted all da words right.” She jumps around excitedly. “Is Reese home? I want to show it to her.”

 

“She’s still at school. You can show Reese when she gets home.”

 

“Okie dokie. Is Seth coming over?” She sighs dramatically. I think my younger daughter is getting a crush on her sister’s boyfriend.

 

“He’ll be coming home with Reese and Calleigh.” I stand back up, realizing I won’t be able to bend down much longer.

 

“Yes.” She says with excitement. “Seth is soooo cute and sweet.”

 

“Go get changed for dance class, Miss Silly.” I smile at her. She gives me a kiss and runs out.

 

“Hi Aunt Aspen. Do you need some help with dinner?” Calleigh asks walking through the door.

“Sure.  Would you like to make the salad?” I ask my niece.

 

Something is going on with Calleigh and Reese. There’s been a distance between them for the last two weeks and neither one has mentioned it to me or Jade. It’s weird seeing them not getting along. When I’ve mentioned it to Reese, she either ignores me or changes the subject. Jade tells me Calleigh is doing the same thing.

 

“How’s school going?” I break the silence.

 

“It’s going well.” Calleigh says quickly, continuing to chop up carrots.

 

“What’s going on between you and Reese?” I’m point blank.

 

“Nothing really, I guess.” Calleigh says quietly. She reminds me of myself at that age. I would act the same way when I got into a fight with Jade or Lilly, well mostly Jade.

 

“Why are you and Reese not talking?” Calleigh’s face turns pink. I hit the nail on the head. “Whatever it is, you might feel better talking about it.”

 

“Umm…well.” Calleigh puts her head down. I hear her sniffling.

 

I walk over and rub her back. “Calleigh, you remind me a lot of myself. Your mom and I used to fight like you and Reese do. Jade would always say things that hurt my feelings. I hated being the youngest sometimes. My sisters were free spirits, and I was always cautious about everything. I wanted things to be planned and go just right.”

 

She lifts her head up. “It’s just that Reese thinks I’m a baby when it comes to boys. I’m just not ready for sex. Kissing is enough for me.”

 

Calleigh’s remarks about Reese scare me. How long until she starts having sex? I am frustrated and worried about Reese. I wish I could lock her up until she’s thirty, but I know that is not possible.

 

“Calleigh, I’m sorry Reese is treating you that way. I applaud you for knowing yourself well enough to know you aren’t ready for something because everyone else is. What does Spencer think about it?”

 

“He’s fine with taking things slow. Spencer has always been a gentleman. I think he’s afraid of my dad.” She smiles and starts to laugh.

 

“Yeah, your dad can be intimidating.” I place the chicken in the oven. “Sometimes I wish AJ could be more threatening.”

 

“Hello Aspen.” AJ pulls me into his arms. He places his lips on mine. The kiss feels incredible and revs up my libido. “I’ve missed you.”

 

When we break apart, I notice Calleigh has left the room. I think we embarrassed her. I am concerned about her. I have to make sure that I talk to Jade about it.

 

“I missed you, too. How was your meeting?”  I ask, while finishing the salad.

 

“It went well. We are working on the tour dates.”

 

“Is it going to be a long tour?”  I am curious how long my husband will be away.

 

“We’re not sure yet.”

 

“Dad, Mom.” Grayson yells as he enters the kitchen. “Reese and Seth went upstairs.”

 

AJ looks at me. I look back at him. Neither of us speaks for what seems like forever. “Thanks, Grayson. Go watch TV. We’ll let you know when dinner is ready.”

 

“What do you think they are doing up there?” AJ asks me.

 

“Maybe she needed to get something, and he went to help her.” I come up with a lame excuse.

 

“I highly doubt that.” AJ grumbles. He likes Seth, so I wonder how he would take it if he didn’t like him.

 

“Let’s not jump to conclusions. Do you really think they would do something with us downstairs?” I remain calm on the outside, but I’m worried as hell on the inside.

 

“You’re talking to the master of doing things under my mom’s nose. I’m going upstairs.” He starts to leave.

 

“Please stay calm.”

 

I decide to follow AJ upstairs. It might be better if I am there to keep the peace. We get to Reese’s room and they aren’t there. We listen for their voices and realize they are in our bedroom.

 

AJ opens the door. We find Reese and Seth kissing.  They pull apart when they realize we are standing there.

 

“What the hell is going on?” AJ asks sharply.

 

“Daddy it’s not what you think.”  Reese cries out.

 

“What am I thinking?” He spouts off. I grab his arm, hoping he calms down.

 

Seth looks embarrassed. Reese is ready to cry. I hope this was all just an innocent mistake.

 

“I was looking for my photo album from the summer. It wasn’t in my room. Then I remember mom borrowed it. I swear that’s the only reason we were in here.” She says seriously.

 

“AJ she’s telling the truth. I did borrow it.”

 

“I’m sorry Mr. and Mrs. McLean. We shouldn’t have been kissing in your bedroom. I apologize for breaking the rules. It won’t happen again.” Seth apologizes.

“Thanks Seth. We’re just worried what might have happened if we didn’t walk in.” AJ replies calmly.

 

“Just cause we’re alone, doesn’t mean we are going to have sex. I wish you would trust me.” Reese huffs.

 

“We do trust you, Reese.” I say lightly. In my heart, I don’t trust my daughter fully. She has practically said she’s ready to have sex.

 

“Then why did you run up here as soon as someone tattled?” She questions.

 

Before AJ or I have a chance to speak, Hayden runs into the room. “Mommy, the house is on fire.”

 

“What?” I barely get out. AJ is gone.

 

“The kitchen is smoky.”

 

“Reese take your sister. Get Grayson and Calleigh and go outside.” I quickly call out and head downstairs.

 

The kitchen is full of smoke. It had to be the chicken. I start walking in. “Go outside. I’ll take care of this.”

 

When I get outside, all the kids are sitting in the grass. I walk over to them.

 

“Mommy, mommy, I’m so scared.” Hayden says, as she clings to me.

 

“It’s okay sweetie. I think the chicken burnt. It will be okay.” I console her.

 

I start to worry when I don’t see AJ after ten minutes. Something must be wrong. Just as I am ready to go back in, he comes outside.

 

“Are you okay? Is the kitchen okay?”

 

My husband pulls me into his arms. “Calm down, Aspen. This isn’t good for the baby. It wasn’t the chicken. You dropped a towel on the stove. It caught on fire. “

I start to cry. “I could have burned the house down.”

 

“Shh, it’s okay.” AJ wraps his arms around me. “I think we should go out for dinner. The house is fine, baby. It just needs to air out.”

 

The kids run for the mini-van. AJ just holds me. I feel stupid.

 

“If you didn’t want to cook, you could have just ordered a pizza.” He teases. I start to laugh. “I love you Aspen.”

 

“I love you AJ. “

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 42 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 42

 

Jade

 

            Nick's bombshell about the group retiring was a shock.  He's been complaining for a couple of years now he wished he was home more.  But we all understood how much performing meant to him.  I don't understand it at all.  I feel he's giving it up because of me.  I don't want him to do that.

 

            After putting Jasmine down for her nap, I go searching for my husband.  I find him in the kitchen watching Calleigh and Spencer sitting together in the back yard talking.  I step close to him and slide my arms around his waist.  "What are you doing, Nick?"

 

            He covers my hand with his and says, "Just watching them."

 

            I sigh and chuckle into his shirt.  "Nick, will you calm down. She's going to be fifteen in another week.  Whether we like it or not, she's becoming a woman."

 

            He groans and turns to face me, putting his arms around me.  "Jade, she can't be a woman.  She's my little girl."

 

            I lay my head on his chest.  "She's growing up whether you like it or not Mister. She's got a good head on her shoulders, she knows what can happen if she has sex.  We can't stop her from KISSING boys, but honestly Nick, I know her. She's not ready for sex."

 

            He bends to bury his face in my neck.  I giggle as he licks just below my ear. "Can we NOT talk about Calleigh having sex?"  When I sigh, he sighs too.  "Jade, she's just so young."

 

            I nod, snuggling with him. "I know Nick. I was 15 when I lost my virginity. I told her that.  I also told her what a huge, monumental mistake it was. I think I scared her.  I tried to anyway.  I want her to realize that she's not mature enough yet to have a healthy sexual relationship with anyone."  I kiss his neck.  "Besides, I don't think Spencer is pushing for anything.  He's happy just holding hands and kissing when we're not looking."

 

            Nick spins around and looks out the window, relieved to see Spencer and Calleigh aren't kissing. Just holding hands and laughing. He looks down at me and whines, "Jade, don't DO that!"

 

            I giggle.  "Nick, you are NOT storming out there if he kisses her.  Leave her be and come spend some quality time with your wife.  Jasmine will sleep at least two hours."

 

            He allows me to drag him from the kitchen and up the stairs. "Jade, what do you think you're doing? I need to..."

 

            I turn on the top step, forcing him to stop. We're standing eye to eye and I whisper, "The boys are next door, Jasmine is asleep, and Calleigh is in the back yard talking to Spencer.  I'm going to take my husband into our bedroom and have my way with him." I see the smirk on his face and my panties get wet.  "After I talk to you about something rather important."

 

            His face falls. "What if we talk after...?"

 

            I giggle and say, "Come on, it will only take a minute." I pull him into our room and push him down on the bed.  He pulls me on top of him and we stretch out still fully clothed. I settle on his chest and say, "Nick, are you sure? About the group?"

 

            He plays with my hair.  A new habit of his that I love. "I'm sure Jade. We all are. I mean, let's face it.  I'm in my 40's now. Kevin and Howie are both over 50.  We still love singing together, probably always will, but we're old. It's time for us to be what we are.  Middle aged men with families."

 

            I sigh and whisper, "Nick, you're the most amazing singer in the world.  And you love it. I don't want you to give it up if..."

 

            He pulls me up till we're nose to nose.  "Jade, I'm giving up nothing. Yes, I love singing, but hell, I'm the first to admit my voice isn't what it used to be.  You can't say it is. It's time. Please, stop worrying.  I'm not giving up anything.  I'm gaining.  I get to be with you and the kids all the time. That's all I want. I promise."

 

            I sigh and snuggle into his neck. "Nick, I love you."

 

            He rubs my back.  "I love you too."  After a comfortable silence, he whispers, "Jade?"

 

            I almost laugh.  I force myself to sound sleepy and say, "Hmm?"

 

            He kisses the top of my head and sighs deeply.  "Nothing Sweetheart. Go to sleep."

 

            His tenderness makes me want to cry.  I slowly slide my hand down his side and over his hip. I feel his body tense as my fingers slip lower.  I tease him, rubbing his crotch, lightly at first, then applying more pressure.  He groans quietly as his hard on starts to grow. "Jade..."

 

            I tilt my head back and kiss his chin. "Yes, Nick?"

 

            He rolls me onto my back and his lips cover mine. Oh how I love his kisses.  I suck on his lower lip as he crushes my body with his.  My hands move to his hair, holding his face to mine as he insinuates himself between my legs, pressing me further into the bed.

 

            I pull my lips from his and whisper, "Nick, take your clothes off."

 

            He smirks.  "I will if you will."

 

            Seduction with us used to be slow and easy.  Because of the kids, we can't do that anymore.  I make a mental note to find a baby sitter soon and kidnap my husband for a night. 

 

            We're naked in record time and I push him onto his back. He whispers, "Jade, what..."

 

            I straddle him and say, "I told you, I want to have my way with you."

 

            He grabs my hips and surges upward. "MMM Jade, you're SO good."

 

            I lean forward and kiss him sensually.  "I love you Nick."

 

            He nibbles across my jaw and whispers, "I love you too."

 

 

            As we snuggle in the aftermath, I whisper, "Nick, I'm really glad you're going to be home."

 

            He kisses the top of my head and whispers back, "Me too, Jade. Only, we need to get a babysitter one night. Soon. I need more than an afternoon quickie with my wife."

 

            I sleepily whisper, "I was thinking the same thing Nick."

 

            We snuggle and doze until Jasmine starts waking up.  When I hear her starting to talk to her mobile, I know it won't be long before she's screaming because she can't reach it.  I slip from the bed, letting Nick sleep.  I dress quickly and move into the nursery.

 

            When Jazz sees me, her legs kick a mile a minute.  I smile and whisper, "There's my angel. How did you sleep?" I lift her into my arms and kiss her cheek noisily.  She laughs and squeals. "Jazz, you're gonna wake up Daddy. Come on, let's go find Calleigh and let Daddy sleep. He made Mommy VERY happy this afternoon."

 

            She coos at me, not understanding a word I say.  I laugh and head downstairs, finding Calleigh and Spencer raiding the refrigerator.  Spencer stands when I enter the room. "Mrs. Carter, is it ok if Calleigh eats with my family tonight?  My mom will bring her home as soon as we're done."

 

            I settle Jasmine into her swing and say, "I think that will be ok. Want Nick to drive you over?"

 

            Calleigh sighs. "Well, we kind of hoped you would, Mom.  Dad is a little, umm..."

 

            From the door, Nick yawns loudly and says, "Dad is a little what, Pixie?"

 

            Her head falls and I can't help but laugh and fill in the blank.  "Dad's a little to over-protective. Nick, watch Jazz, I'm gonna drop Calleigh and Spencer off at his house for dinner. Janice said she'd bring her home later."

 

            Nick looks puzzled.  "Janice?"

 

            We all laugh.  "Owens, Nick.  Spencer's mother. Do you even LISTEN to me?"

 

            He smiles sheepishly.  "Depends on what you're saying."  Turning to Jasmine he says, "You and me, Sweetie. Want a snack?"

 

            I pop him on the behind as I follow Calleigh and Spencer from the room.  "Behave yourself Carter. I'll be back in a few."

 

            He turns and grabs me, kissing me deeply. "I love you woman."

 

            I hug him tightly and whisper against his lips, "Love you too. Make a salad for dinner.  I'll be back."

 

            I get to the car, finding Calleigh and Spencer in the back seat holding hands.  I laugh and say, "OK, so I'm a chauffeur.  Do I need a little black cap?"

 

            Calleigh giggles.  "A black jacket too, Mom."

 

            We all laugh and I say, "Anything for you Calleigh. Anything for you!"

 

End Notes:

Hope you're still enjoying this!  Let us know!! :)

Chapter 43 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 43

 

Reese

 

            So I seriously think my Mom and Dad are crazy.  After Mom tried burning the house down, Dad flooded the basement. All of the recording equipment and instruments were damaged so now we have to rehearse at Calleigh's house.  Which is fine, except she invites Spencer and they are so googly eyed over each other, it's sickening.

 

            Seth and I...well, he's still my boyfriend.  When we're alone, we kiss and make out.  It doesn't happen often though.  After Mom and Dad found us in their room kissing, I figured I'd never get to see him again.  But Mom convinced Dad we weren't doing anything wrong.  Which we weren't.  We only kissed.  That time.

 

            Now, I'm sitting by the baseball field waiting for him to pick me up. I'm skipping my last two classes today. I told the office secretary my Mom was sick and needed me so she got me excused from my classes.  I told Seth I had free periods today for the last two classes.  I'll go to hell for all these lies, but I want to be with him for more than five minutes. Since he's on a work co-op, he only goes to school half a day. Today he has a day off and I intend to get a LOT closer to my boyfriend.

 

            After I get into his car, I lean across the console and pull his face to mine. I don't know why, but kissing him feels so good.  At first it was awkward sometimes, but now that we've practiced, it's really good.  He pulls back and says, "Am I taking you home?"

 

            I grimace.  "Not yet. Let's go somewhere we can be alone."

 

            He looks nervous but starts the car and we take off.  To pass the time, he says, "What are you getting Calleigh for her birthday?"

 

            I shrug.  "I hadn't thought about it. Mom's too busy trying to plan MY party next month." I don't want to talk about Calleigh.  I'm gonna be 16 and I want Seth to focus on MY birthday. Not hers.

 

            He glances at me.  "Reese, what's going on with you and Calleigh? You guys used to be tight."

 

            I feel my face turn red. "Can we PLEASE talk about something else?  Calleigh and I are just fine!"

 

            He shrugs and says, "Whatever."

 

            He parks behind the grocery store where he works.  The lot is deserted.  "Why are we here?" I ask.

 

            He leans back and says, "You want to be alone. No one comes back here anymore.  The employees park on the side because there are more lights at night."

 

            I look around and notice he's right.  There are no cars in sight. I lean closer and whisper, "Let's get into the back seat."

 

            Once we're in the back, I slide closer to him and he puts his arm around me.  I whisper, "You know, I still can't believe you asked me to be your girlfriend."

 

            He shrugs again and leans closer, kissing me. Did I mention I love how he kisses me?  I throw myself into it, wrapping my arms around his neck.  When he slides his tongue over my lips, I open them.  We've French kissed before. He always tastes like cinnamon and root beer. 

 

            His hand moves from my waist down to my thigh.  I shiver when he grips it and pulls me up till I'm straddling his lap. Oh my, I feel all tingly.  He grinds his body up into my privates and I almost see stars it feels so good. How can this be wrong when it feels so right?

 

            I pull my lips from his and whisper, "Seth, do you want to touch me?"

 

            I hear him groan and I feel light headed. I guide his hand up under my shirt.  He squeezes my boob and even through my bra it feels hot.  I struggle to strip my shirt over my head.  He stops me and says, "No, Reese.  Don't."

 

            I sit up and look at him, stunned.  "WHAT?"

 

            He struggles to push me off his lap. "We're going way to fast Reese. I'm not ready for us to...do it."

 

            I want to cry I'm so frustrated!  "Seth, what did I do wrong? Am I ugly? Are my boobs to little? WHAT?"

 

            He grabs my face and whispers, "Reese, you're perfect in every way. I love you just the way you are."  I lean closer, hoping to kiss him, but he says, "Don't. I told you, it's not the right time."

 

            I sit back and cross my arms. "Some boy friend you are.  I'm practically BEGGING you to fuck me and you won't!  I know you're turned on. I felt your dick. What, are you AFRAID to fuck me?"

 

            He sighs and climbs out, getting back into the front seat and starting the car.  "Yes, I am afraid!  Reese, you're only 15.  I'm almost 17."

 

            Then it dawns on me. "Did Daddy threaten you?  You're afraid of him, aren't you?"

 

            He sighs. "No, I'm not afraid of him. I respect him.  He didn't threaten me exactly.  He just...reminded me you're underage."

 

            I stomp my foot and scream.  "Why the fuck can't he leave me alone?"

 

            I cross my arms and let angry tears fall down my face as he drives me home.  When he pulls into the drive way, he locks the doors before I can get out.  He turns around and says, "Reese, listen to me. I love you. I've never said that to any girl before, but I do, I love you. And I want to be with you. But not until we both know what we're doing is right and I don't think it's right."

 

            I spit at him.  "No, my DADDY doesn't think it's right!  Damn you Seth! Leave me alone!"

 

            I unlock the door and get out, running into the house as fast as I can.  No one's home for a change.  When I get to my room, I throw myself across the bed and sob. 

 

            When I'm all dried up, I get up and go downstairs.  I look outside.  Seth is gone, but my book bag is on the porch.  I snatch it up and carry it up to my room. Ripping it open, I pull out my notebooks. 

 

 

            By the time Mom gets home, I've calmed down.  I'm still mad as hell at Daddy, but if I throw a fit, I'll be grounded forever and I'll never get the car I want for my birthday.  Mom knocks on my door. When I invite her in, she says, "Reese, what's wrong?"

 

            I look at her puzzled. "Nothing, Mom, why?"

 

            She crosses her arms.  "Your science teacher came to the shop.  She wanted to know if I was feeling better."

 

            I blush so bad I feel it in my toes. I am in deep shit.  "Umm, well, you see..."

 

            She sits by me and says, "Where did you spend the afternoon?"

 

            I sigh. "With Seth."  At her gasp, I whisper, "Nothing happened Mom.  Dad must have threatened him, he barely kissed me."

 

            She sighs, obviously relieved. I just roll my eyes.  "Reese, why did you skip school?  And lie? You know we don't condone that!"

 

            I jump up. "Mom, please!  It was math and science. I'm eons ahead on those classes anyway.  I just wanted some time with Seth. For all the good it did."

 

            She cringes.  "What did happen?"

            I stomp my foot and yell "NOTHING!  Dad threatened him  and he barely kissed me. Now will you PLEASE leave me the hell alone?"

 

            I instantly regret my words.  Mom stands awkwardly. "You don't leave this room the rest of the night, Reese.  I mean it.  You will NOT speak to me like that ever again, do you hear me?"

 

            I just nod, mortified I could be so mean to my mom.  Before she leaves, I whisper, "I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't mean it."

 

            She nods. "We'll talk when Dad gets home."

 

 

            Three hours later, I'm starving.  I've already eaten the two granola bars that were in my back pack.  I don't think Mom will let me starve.  I wonder if I should remind her it's dinner time?

 

            Before I get the nerve to try to leave, there's a knock on my door.  Nervously, I say, "Come in."

 

            Mom and Dad comes in.  Dad looks PISSED.  Mom's carrying a box and Hayden's old diaper bag.  "OK, Reese, you think you're ready for sex do you?"

 

            I blush, avoiding my Dad's gaze.  "What?"

 

            She puts the box on the bed and pulls out a baby doll.  A baby doll?  Before I can ask, she says, "I got this from your health teacher.  For the next month, Reese, you are a mother.  This is a "smart" baby.  It cries when it's wet, when it's hungry, when it's sick.  You WILL take care of it BY YOURSELF.  Understand?  I won't help you. Dad won't help you. Where you go this baby goes. INCLUDING SCHOOL.  Got it?"

 

            My mouth drops open. "I can't take it to school! They'll laugh at me."

 

            Dad looks kind of sad.  "Welcome to the real world, Kid.  Mom's have to do a lot of things for their babies.  Everything you do or don't do will be recorded in this doll.  We can't get you to understand we have your best interests at heart so you get to see what it's like when someone who isn't mature decides sex is ok."

 

            Mom flips a switch on the back of the doll and walks out.  Dad follows her. He turns back and says, "Don't turn it off, Reese.  That's recorded too.  For the next 30 days, you are officially a mother."

 

            They walk out.  I look down at the doll.  Now what do I do?

 

End Notes:

Think Reese will learn now?  Let us know!!! :)

Chapter 44 by colorguard_diva

 Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 44

 

Calleigh

 

My birthday is finally here. I’m so excited for my party. It’s not a big lavish celebration, just my close friends and family. I’m almost done getting ready. All I have to do it put on my new lilac dress. I feel like a princess.

 

“Sweetheart, are you almost ready?” Mom pops her head into my room.

 

“Yeah, I just need to get dressed.” I say, but don’t move from the window seat. I see the limos pull up.

 

“Is something wrong?” Mom comes over and sits down beside me. “It’s your birthday, you should be happy.”

 

“It’s just…Reese.” My heart is breaking. “I’ve lost my best friend and it sucks. We had everything planned out. She was coming over and we were going to pamper ourselves before the party.” 

 

Mom pulls me into her arms. I don’t feel any better. Growing up sucks. Ree and I are inseparable. I want to make things better, but I don’t know how. Why do things have to change?

 

“Calleigh, I’m sorry. Things don’t always go as plan. Both of you are trying to find out who you are…”

 

I interrupt, “But mom, it hurts so bad losing my best friend.”

 

My mom cups my chin and forces me to look at her. “Let me give you some advice. You and Reese are going to go through a lot of ups and downs in life. She will always be there for you, and you’ll be there for her. Sometimes you need to drift apart to realize what really matters to you. Just let her know you’ll always be there for her. Your bond is stronger than you think.”

 

“Just like you and Aunt Aspen.” I smile through wet eyes.

 

“Just like me and Aspen.” She places a kiss on my forehead. “Fix your make-up and get dressed. You only turn fifteen once.”

 

Twenty minutes later I’m sitting in a limo with my friends. Spencer is sitting next to me holding my hand. He’s talking to Shayla’s boyfriend. I notice that Reese and Seth are sitting on opposite ends of the limo. It makes me sad thinking how Ree alienates everyone she cares about. She’s holding her “baby” and ignoring everyone.

 

“Happy birthday, Calleigh!” Spencer whispers in my ear. My stomach flutters from the closeness. “You look beautiful in that dress.”

 

I giggle. “Thanks, Spencer. You’ve told me that already.”

 

“And I’m going to keep telling you all night.” He removes a tendril from my face and kisses my temple. That simple touch feels so much more tonight. My emotions are on high.

 

“It’s cool that your dad got a limo for us.” Seth says while watching Reese. He’s got it bad for her.

 

“Yeah, it was a surprise. At least he gave us some privacy. Though I think mom warned him.” I laugh. I love my dad to death, but he can be a bit overprotective.

 

When we reach the restaurant, everyone rushes out. Reese holds back. I tell Spencer to go ahead. I need to settle things with Reese. I walk over to her. “Hey Ree.” I’m afraid to look at her.

 

“Leigh.” She replies in monotone. Just then her doll starts to cry. “Damn this baby. I’m so sick of it.” She is frustrated.

 

I take the doll and start to comfort it. A few minutes later the wails subside. Reese is sitting on the bench. I can see the tears pooling in her eyes. She won’t allow herself to cry.

 

“Your baby is asleep.” I reply handing her the doll.

 

“Thanks for putting little Esmeralda to sleep.” She stands up and hands me an envelope. “Happy Birthday Leigh.”

 

Before she walks off, I stop her. “Ree, wait.” I grab a piece of paper from my purse.  “This is for you.”

 

We both stop what we are doing. I slowly open the envelope. Inside is a card; I open it up. All it says is “I’m sorry.” It the exact thing I wrote to Reese. She looks up the same time I do. We run towards each other, throwing our arms around each other. I realize now that Reese and I will always be there for each other.

 

“Let’s go, BFF! We have a birthday to celebrate!” Reese exclaims. We walk into the restaurant hand in hand.

 

Dinner was delicious. My dad of course embarrasses me. He had to give a speech about his Pixie growing up. That put mom into a crying spell. Then Aunt Aspen let the waterworks flow. All of us teenagers run to the dance floor, with the exception of Seth and Reese. She makes a beeline for the door, while Seth sits at the table with the adults.

 

“Can I have a dance with my beautiful daughter?” Dad asks. Before I have a chance he sweeps me into his arms. We sway to the soft, slow music.

 

“Daddy, thanks for everything. I don’t just mean my birthday. You’ve given me so much. I’m grateful for it all.”

 

“You know I would do anything for you Calleigh Amber. I’m proud to be your dad. It has been one of my proudest accomplishments. Nothing I’ve done with the Backstreet Boys can compare to being your dad. I’m proud of the woman you’ve become.”

 

“Oh Daddy. Please don’t make me cry.” We stop dancing and he just holds me. I feel safe. “I love you, Daddy. I hope I always make you proud.”

 

“I don’t think you’ll have a problem with that, Pixie. You’ll always make me proud.”  He steps away from me. “Now go have fun with your friends.”

 

“Thanks Daddy.” I see Reese walk in. “Come on Ree.  Let’s dance!”

 

Aunt Aspen takes baby Esmeralda and she runs over. It’s been a while since I’ve seen that smile on Reese’s face.  “Mom gave me the rest of the night off. She’s going to practice being a grandma.” She chuckles. It’s good to have my best friend back in my life.

 

My friends and I are having a blast. We are dancing the night away. Soon we will be going back to my house for cake. Aunt Aspen made me a huge Black Forest cake. I can’t wait to dig in. She’s the best baker around.

 

“Calleigh, can I have the last dance?” Spencer asks shyly. It amazes me, that we are still so bashful around each other.

 

I smile at him. “Of course you can.”

 

“I want to give you your gift.” He pulls a box from his jacket pocket.

 

“Oh Spencer. You’ve already given me so much. The flowers were beautiful and the photo book. You need to stop spoiling me.” I comment honestly. He’s so good to me. Spencer makes me feel like a princess.

 

“I want to give you the world.” He stares into my eyes. I think Spencer is a keeper. “Now open it, please.”

 

I take the lid off the box. Inside is a necklace with a silver diamond studded key pendant. Spencer takes it out of the box and places it around my neck. I’m too stunned to speak.

 

“Calleigh Amber Carter, you’ve opened my heart these past few months. I’ve shared parts of myself that I haven’t shared with anyone. You enchant me. There’s no one else I want to share my heart with. You’re not only my girlfriend, but you’re my best friend. I love you Calleigh.”

 

I don’t know what to say. I’ve never had a guy pour his heart and soul to me. It’s all so new. I think I like it. I mean I really, really like Spencer a lot. He’s everything I wish a boyfriend would be and more. “Spencer, I love you.” I feel like I’m floating on a cloud. I think I’m in love.

 

Chapter 45 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 45

 

Aspen

 

AJ and I are relaxing in our love den above the shop. My hubby was nice and brought me lunch. I’m aching to make love with AJ, but my body is telling me no. I feel like a beached whale at the moment. I’m irritable and uncomfortable.

 

“How are things coming with Reese’s party?”  AJ asks, while rubbing my stomach. Little Willow Nickole is kicking strong from her daddy’s touch. She’s going to be another daddy’s girl.

 

“Everything is almost ready. There are a few things left to do right before the party. I hope Reese likes it.” I say quietly. Reese still has a slight chip on her shoulder.

 

“Baby, she’s going to love it. Reese trusted you enough to plan it.” He places a kiss on my cheek.

 

“You’re right. I just always feel insecure when it comes to Reese.” I say honestly. I lean into my husband. “I love our daughter, but our relationship has always been arduous. Our personalities clash on almost everything.”

 

“Reese loves you.” AJ kisses me again.

 

I sigh. “I know she loves me. I just never thought it would be this hard. She’s so independent and headstrong. I guess…I wish that she would just lean on me once and a while.”

 

“You’re the reason she’s a strong, independent young woman.”

 

“What do you mean?” I sit up and look at my husband. I am not sure I believe him.

“Aspen, you have kept our family together all these years. You handle life with grace, poise and control. You’ve shown our kids, especially Reese how to handle life situations. You’re the rock we all lean on. Aspen, you have taught Reese to stand on her two feet and to stand by her convictions.” AJ cups my chin, forcing me to look at him. “We may not always like her convictions, but she’s not afraid to be who she is. That’s because of you. You’ve let her grow into the person she is meant to be. Sure, on the outside that can be a spoiled brat, but on the inside Reese is a good girl.”

 

Damn, AJ. Why does he have to say things like that to me? Tears are running down my face. He looks deeply into my eyes and continues talking.

 

“I know I spoiled her too much, but I wanted to give her the world. I take the blame for the attitude and bad behavior. Would I do it differently if I had the chance? I’m not so sure. Our life would be different, and I love our life together. There’s no way I’d change having the wonderful family I have. Aspen, you are my world now and forever.”

 

We meet forehead to forehead, arms wrapped around each other. I’m touched by AJ’s tender words. Sure, we may not be parents of the year when it comes to our teenage daughter. In the end it doesn’t matter. Reese is a good girl. I don’t know when she stopped believing that, but it was time to make her start realizing how special she truly is.

 

“Please make sure you’re fully clothed before we get up there. I don’t want to see AJ’s lily white ass sticking up in the air.” Nick’s voice reverberates up the stairs.

 

“Really, Nick?” Jade reprimands playfully.

 

“Come on, do you really want to walk in on them doing it?” Nick starts laughing hysterically.

 

I quickly try wiping the tears off my face. I look over at AJ and he’s doing the same thing. We are an emotional mess. This moment was more intimate than making love. It’s a memory I will treasure forever.

 

“Hello Red.”  Jade says happily. She looks at me funny when she notices I’ve been crying.

 

“Hey, Jade. I’m fine.” I smile at her as she hugs me. The little princess decides to give a hard kick.

 

“Wow, your kid has a strong kick.”  Jade pulls away and rubs her stomach.

 

“That’s Willow Nickole for you.”  I smile as my sister stares at me in disbelief.

 

“Seriously you didn’t name your daughter after me and Nick.” She keeps shaking your head.

 

“Yes, we did. It’s our way of saying thank you for everything you have done for us. We are thankful for having you in our lives.”  AJ says thoughtfully. It was an easy decision for us to name our daughter after two of the most important people in our lives.

 

“Damn you two. Look Nick’s even crying.” Jade comments. We all turn to look at him. He’s wiping his eyes, so no one will notice.

 

“It’s okay, Nick. Real mean cry.” AJ runs over and embraces Nick.

 

“Get the fuck off me, dude.”  Nick pushes him a way. “Here are the car brochures you asked for.”

 

Nick’s comment perks my interest. I can’t believe AJ is seriously thinking about getting Reese a car. In my eyes, she is not ready to drive a car. I can just imagine the speeding tickets she will get, or worse getting herself into an accident.

 

“Nick give me the brochures.” I hold out my hand and give him my mom look. He quickly hands them over, while AJ pouts, “There is no way we are giving our daughter a Camaro, a Mustang, or any other type of car.”

 

“I think you should go with the Lexus LFA Sports Car. Reese would love it in yellow.” Nick starts talking cars.

 

“Are you guys listening to me?” I huff. Of course they aren’t. They are too busy being men.

 

“But she really wants a hot pink Camaro with zebra interior. I think that would be perfect for Reese.”

 

“We are not getting Reese a car.” I interrupt. AJ pays no mind to me. I decide not to argue with him. Right now, I’m fighting a loss cause. “Jade, you want to go downstairs with me? The testosterone in here is a little thick.”

 

I need to get back down to work. Can’t have my employees thinking I’m lazy. I’d rather stay upstairs all afternoon. I start to waddle down the stairs.

 

“Are you okay, Red?” Jade asks from behind me.

 

“I’m okay. Just feeling tired and bloated. I’m ready for the baby to be here. I’m so uncomfortable.”

 

“You don’t have much longer until you hold that precious little girl in your arms.” Jade smiles at me.

 

“Just think we might have two new best friends on our hands, Jazz and Willow.” We both start to laugh.

 

“Do you think we can handle that again?” Jade asks.

 

“I hope so. The second time will hopefully be easier.”  I smile. We link arms and go into the shop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 46 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 46

 

Jade

 

            Reese's party is this weekend.  I know AJ is determined to buy her the car of her dreams, but hopefully Aspen scaled him back a bit.  She really is too young for a sports car.  Nick and I discussed it and I think he understands where we're coming from.  He went shopping with AJ, hoping to convince him that Aspen is right.  If a car is what he wants to get Reese, at least get a sensible, safe car.

 

            They've been gone an hour.  Not expecting them back for at least two more, I sit in the rocker in the nursery holding Jasmine.  She's almost 7 months old now and you can't even tell she was a preemie.  She looks up at me laughing as she drinks her bottle.

 

            Just as she's dozing off, my phone buzzes.  I answer it quietly.  "Hello?"

 

            On the other end I hear Lilly's voice.  "Hey Twig, how are you?"

 

            I sigh, genuinely happy to hear from my older sister.  "I'm fine, Lilly Blue, how are you?"

 

            She laughs and says, "Well...if you'll come and open the door for Red and me, you can see for yourself."

 

            I squeal with glee, waking up my darling baby girl.  I throw down my phone and stand quickly, patting her arm to calm her cries.  She quiets quickly and continues suckling on her bottle as I walk through the house.

 

            When I open the door, Lilly smiles broadly and holds out her arms.  Knowing she doesn't want to hold me, I gently pass her Jasmine and then hug her tightly as she stares at Jasmine.  "I swear Jade, she's just like Nick.  Why do the girls always look like their daddies?"

 

            I giggle as we all collapse in the living room. "I don't know, but I'm glad she does.  Nick is a handsome devil, isn't he?"

            Aspen laughs.  "Yes, he is.  All our men are." She looks around. "Where are Michael and Cameron?"

 

            I laugh.  "Next door. The neighbors put up a tree house.  A ‘boys only' zone."

 

            Lilly whispers, "Good.  Because I want us to have a nice long talk."

 

            I stare at her cautiously. "What is it Lilly?"

 

            She shrugs and says, "Let's get Jazz in the bed, then I'll tell you."

 

            Her attitude is puzzling and unnerving.  I stand quickly and she passes Jazz back to me after kissing her downy soft curls.  When I put her down, she curls on her side and her thumb finds its way into her mouth. I smile wistfully. She's so much like Calleigh was.

 

            When I get back downstairs, Aspen is pouring the wine while Lilly puts cheese and crackers on a platter.  Once we settle again in the living room, I stare a hole into Lilly. "What's going on?"

 

            She sighs and whispers, "I think it's time we clear the air about Nick, Jade."

 

            I feel my heart constrict.  "What is there to talk about Lilly?"

 

            She shifts uncomfortably.  "Brian asked me the same thing...after he left."

 

            My mouth falls open. So does Aspen's. She finds her voice first.  "He...LEFT?"

 

            She nods sadly.  "We're not officially separated or anything.  We just...we needed time apart to get ourselves straightened out."

 

            Acting calmer than I feel, I say, "So, what does Nick have to do with all of this?"

 

            She looks at me and blushes.  "Jade, I swore to you a LONG time ago I'd never do anything with Nick.  And I'll keep that promise till the day I die.  But it doesn't mean I've never wondered..."

 

            I feel my body tense up. Aspen takes my hand. "What's the deal, Lilly? You're saying you have feelings for Nick?"

 

            She looks away guiltily. "I guess that's the best way to put it.  I don't ‘love' him, not the way I do Brian, but I...fantasize about him."

 

            I lower my eyes.  "Why are you telling me this, Lilly?"

 

            She whispers quietly, "Because I don't want us to have secrets between us again.  And I want you to both understand why...I stay away like I do.  Jade I love you and Aspen both.  You're...you're more like my daughters than my sisters.  I know it sounds crazy, but I feel as if I raised you, not our mother.  Because I feel that way, I have to do what I think is best for you."

 

            Aspen rubs her swollen stomach and whispers, "Lilly, I just don't understand."

 

            She looks at Aspen, then at me, with a sad smile on her face.  "I don't trust myself to not throw myself at Nick.  I mean, seriously, look what I did at your engagement party, Aspen.  I almost ruined my own sister's life because I couldn't stay away from the man she loves."  When neither of us say anything, she continues quietly.  "Brian is my soul mate and always will be.  But he...one night we were...being intimate, and I said...some things I shouldn't have."

 

            Without blinking an eye I say, "You called out Nick's name, didn't you?"

            She nods, lowering her head with shame.  "I don't know why, I wasn't even thinking about him.  But now, well, Brian's moved out.  Adam...he thinks we're just in a rut.  He stayed with me."

 

            Aspen reaches for Lilly's hand.  "What about Brian?"

 

            Lilly shrugs.  "He says he doesn't want a divorce. But he needs space.  I can't say I blame him.  Look at the things I've done in my life.  I'm not exactly the poster child for being a good wife."

 

            I think about what she's saying.  Before Jasmine was born, this confession would have scared the crap out of me.  But now...I trust Nick. I know he loves me and he wants only me.  I move to kneel on the floor in front of Lilly. She looks up at me when I take her hands.  "Lilly, I'm not mad.  I'm not happy, but...well, I trust Nick.  And believe it or not I trust you too."

 

            She sniffles and leans forward, hugging me tightly.  "Jade, I SWEAR..."

 

            I shush her and whisper, "Don't.  The important thing now is you and Brian. What are you going to do?"

 

            She shrugs.  I sit back and she says, "We're going to do some intense couples' counseling.  Until we get through this...well, you may not hear much from me.  I wanted to tell you both why.  And hope you understand that it's not because I'm attracted to Nick that I'm staying away.  It's because I love Brian with all my heart and soul.  I have to win his trust again."

 

            Aspen gasps and we both turn, seeing her holding her stomach tightly.  Fear races through my veins.  "Red!  What's wrong?"

            She pants and whispers, "I really hope it's just false labor."

 

            Lilly moves to sit beside her.  "How long have you been in pain?"

 

            Aspen shrugs, "A few days."

 

            I stand up, horrified.  "DAYS?  RED, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

            She looks up at me and says, "Calm down, Jade.  It's passed now."  Turning to Lilly she says, "Whatever you need Lilly, you know I'll always love you. And so will AJ."

 

            Lilly waves her hand.  "Not NOW Red.  We need to get you to the hospital!"

 

            She crosses her arms stubbornly and says, "No, we DON'T!  This baby is not coming before Reese's party, end of discussion."

 

            I kneel in front of her and whisper, "Aspen, we should at least call your doctor. And you have to tell AJ."

 

            She shudders, "For the love of God, if you tell him he'll go off the deep end.  Trust me, it's not labor.  Just odd pains now and again.  I swear, I am NOT in labor."

 

            I watch her face closely.  "If it happens again today, will you at least call your doctor?"

 

            She nods, rolling her eyes.  "Yes, I will.  Now...Jade...I think you and Lilly need to be alone.  I'm just going to waddle off to the bathroom."

 

            We watch her go. Lilly whispers, "Is she ok, Twig?"

 

            I shrug and turn to Lilly.  "I think so."  Quietly, I ask, "Are we ok, Lilly Blue?"

 

            She hugs me tightly and we both cry.  "Jade, I love you dearly.  I wish we could be closer...but Brian is my everything.  I have to fix this...even if it means..."

 

            I hug her tightly and say, "Don't. You're always my sister and I'll always love you.  And I'll always TRUST you.  Fix what you have to with Brian.  I'll always be here."

 

            From behind me, Aspen says, "So will I."  We turn and she's white as a sheet. "Will one of you call AJ?  I think I might be in labor for real this time."

 

 

 

End Notes:

Love to hear your thoughts!  :) 

Chapter 47 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 47

 

Reese

 

            When we get off the bus at Calleigh's house, I growl, "Mom better let me ditch this ‘baby' before my party!" Once again, the stupid doll is crying.  By now, everyone has stopped teasing me about it.  Frankly, after I started taking it to school, a lot of people quit talking to me.  I blame Mom and Dad for that.

 

            I know Calleigh is rolling her eyes.  "Well, Reese, maybe they will.  I mean, things seem to be better."

 

            I kick a rock and admit, "Yeah, you're right."

 

            She turns to me and asks the question I didn't want to answer yet. "So, did this experience teach you anything?"

 

            I shrug and open my mouth to answer as she opens the door.  Before I can say anything, I hear Aunt Jade say, "Aspen, sit down. Lilly, try to call AJ, I'll call an ambulance."

 

            I push past Calleigh and see my Mom holding her stomach and crying.  I throw everything I'm holding on the floor and rush forward. "Mom?!  What's wrong?"

            She grabs my hand as she sinks onto the sofa. "Lilly, DON'T call an ambulance!  I mean it!" Looking at me, she whispers, "I think I'm in labor, honey."

 

            I look at her stomach and I almost throw up. "For real? But...you can't be!"

 

            She shakes her head. "Sorry, honey, I didn't do it to ruin your party..."

 

            Until she said it, I was thinking about the party.  I'm instantly ashamed.  "Mom, that's not what...that doesn't matter.  Where's Daddy?"

            She smiles. "It's ok, Reese.  I know it's a big day for you and I won't let it be ruined."

 

            I lean forward and hug her tightly. "Mom, I mean it, I'm just...we need to get you to the hospital, where's Daddy?"

            How can I voice my fears?  My mom is older than most new mom's.  She's...she looks so tired.  I'm so ashamed my first thought was about my party when my mom is having my baby sister.

 

            Calleigh is clutching Jade.  "Where's Uncle AJ Mom? Why won't Aunt Aspen go in an ambulance?"

 

            Before Aunt Jade can answer, my mom says, "Because I don't want to go in a damn ambulance.  Just...find AJ Lilly!"

 

            I kneel by Mom, watching as she pants and squeezes her eyes shut in pain.  I whimper and whisper, "Mommy?"

 

            She opens her eyes. "I'll be ok, Reese. Don't worry. I've done this three times already."

 

            Aunt Jade stomps around, "Why won't Nick or AJ either one answer their phones? I'm gonna kill them both!"

 

            Lilly grabs her arm. "Calm down Twig.  Let's get Red to the hospital."

 

            Calleigh steps in. "Mom, I'll watch Jazz.  Go with Aunt Lilly."  Looking at me, she whispers, "Leave Esmerelda too."

 

            I almost laugh and at the same time I want to cry.  I look at the baby on the floor where I dropped it.  Looking up at my mom, I whisper, "I get it Mom. I really do."

 

            She smiles and leans forward to hug me.  "I knew you would Reese.  I can't stop you from having sex, even though I want to. Just...please be careful, ok?"

 

            I nod against her shoulder.  Her grip on me tightens and she whispers, "Oh no!"

 

            I jump back as something wet splashes my leg. Aunt Jade pulls me back and says, "Calleigh, you and Reese go get some towels. And bring me the alcohol from the bathroom."

 

            Aunt Lilly practically screams, "JADE, WE CAN'T DO THIS!"

 

            Aunt Jade pulls Mom to her feet and guides her to Uncle Nick's recliner. "Do we have a choice, Lilly? I sure as hell don't want to do this in my car.  Keep trying AJ." Calleigh's gone for towels and I'm frozen. She takes my hand and squeezes it.  "Reese, call your Dad. Tell him if he wants to be here for this he better haul ass."

 

            I reach for my back pack and grab my phone.  Esmerelda is crying. I switch it off, scared out of my mind. Mom is having her baby in Aunt Jade's living room and Daddy isn't here.  His phone rings six times before he answers. "Reese's Pieces, can you..."

 

            I stop him, saying, "Daddy, it's Mom. She's...having the baby. Aunt Jade says you better haul ass.  Mom won't get in an ambulance."

 

            I hear Daddy yell, "WHAT? Tell your mother to get in that ambulance or so help me..."

 

            His words are drowned out by Mom crying, "AJ!"

 

            I hear Uncle Nick saying, "Come on! Leave it, we'll come back later and sign the papers.  He's going to be a Daddy!"

 

            I turn my phone off.  "He's coming Mommy."

 

            Mommy? Why is it when I'm scared, I revert to being a child?  Mom smiles at me and whispers, "I'm ok, Reese.  It's just happening fast."  She reaches out for me. "Hold my hand?"

 

            I move instantly to her side and grab her hand. She looks at me and whispers, "I love you Reese."

 

            I want to cry.  I lean closer and kiss her cheek. "I love you too."

 

 

            When Daddy gets there, he's about 30 seconds in front of the ambulance.  Mom's holding my hand tightly and panting.  Aunt Jade moves and lets the paramedics take over.  I watch in horror as my baby sister's head comes poking out of my mom's vagina.

 

            Daddy is crying. Aunt Jade is standing close to me hugging me tightly. Uncle Nick scooted around the room to stand next to Aunt Lilly. Calleigh is still upstairs with Jasmine.  The paramedic says, "Guess you're not waiting are you?"

            Mom groans and screams, "Hell no!" as Willow's shoulders come out. How can a baby come out there? How can I be standing here watching it happen?  Daddy is cheering Mom on.  Uncle Nick disappeared upstairs. Oh great, now I've seen my parents having sex and Uncle Nick has seen Mom's goodies. What next?

 

            Aunt Jade kisses the side of my face and whispers, "You ok?"

 

            I shake my head and say, "No one has to worry anymore. I am NEVER having sex!"

 

            She laughs as Willow comes out and is lying on Mom's stomach.  I look at my baby sister, tears streaming down my face.  Aunt Jade whispers in my ear, "With the right guy, it's worth it Reese. Just wait till you're sure."

 

            I think about what she says as I watch Mom and Dad. Both of them are crying and Daddy is kissing her face whispering, "Baby, I love you."

 

            I move close to them and kneel down by Daddy. He puts his arm around me and whispers, "Look how beautiful your sister is Reese."

 

            I can't stop staring at the baby. She looks all red and wrinkly to me...not beautiful at all. But still...it's my sister...and I love her.  I turn to look at Mom. She looks so tired. "Are you ok, Mom?"

 

            She nods and smiles.  "I'm just fine Baby.  But I think we have to buy Uncle Nick a new couch and chair."

 

            We all laugh and Aunt Jade says, "No Red.  Don't worry about it. NOW will you go to the hospital?"

            She nods tiredly. "Reese...I'll be out for your party. I promise."

 

            I hug her tightly and whisper, "It's ok, Mom...I don't care about the party."

 

            She hugs me back and whispers, "But I do.  My oldest will only be 16 once.  And I WILL be there!"

 

            Daddy rides in the ambulance with Mom.  I ride with Aunt Jade and Aunt Lilly. Calleigh stays to help Uncle Nick with Jasmine.  When we get to the hospital, Aunt Lilly hugs me and says, "I'm proud of you Reese.  You're so much more mature now than you were over the summer."

 

            I blush and say, "I think I did a lot of growing up."

 

            Aunt Jade nods. "You sure did. You and Calleigh both."  I start to walk away, but she stops me. "Reese, call Seth."

 

            I look at her, not sure why she's telling me to call him. "Why should I?"

 

            She smiles.  "He loves you, you love him. You know you want to be his girlfriend again.  But you have to make the first move."

 

            Aunt Lilly nods.  "She's right Reese.  Men will never make the first move."

 

            I smile at them both. "I'll call him later. Right now, I think I need to talk to Mom and Dad."

 

            Aunt Lilly hugs me. "About time, if you ask me."

 

            Aunt Jade hugs me too. "I'm proud of you Reese."

 

            I walk away from them, asking the nurse where I'll find my mom.  I finally feel grown up.  But more important, I know now that Mom and Dad only did what they felt was best. And they were right.  It's time I told them that.

 

End Notes:

Let us know please!!! ~ D

Chapter 48 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 48

 

Calleigh

 

Tonight is Reese’s birthday party. She wants to cancel it, but we keep telling her no. Aunt Aspen is getting out of the hospital this afternoon. My mom and I are decorating the club where Ree’s party is being held.

 

Mom is busy putting hot pink and black tablecloths on the tables. I’m putting the party favors on a table, when I feel I tap on my shoulder. Slowly, I turn around to see Seth.

 

“Calleigh, can I talk to you for a minute?” He asks quietly.

 

“Sure. Let’s go outside.”

 

Once we are sitting down, I wait for Seth to start talking. He is silent, so I guess I need to start the conversation.  “What do you want to talk about?” I question softly.

 

“Is…did…Reese….um….fuck it.” He’s clearly frustrated and pissed. I feel bad for him.

 

“What’s up with you and Reese? I thought she called you the other day.”

 

He sighs loudly. “She hasn’t talked to me since our fight. She ignores me at school and practice. I guess she dumped my sorry ass.”

 

“Seth, Reese likes you a lot. You’ve known her for a long time. She gets emotional about everything, and Ree doesn’t like admitting when she’s wrong.” I am confused by her attitude. “She told my mom she was going to call you.”

 

“Well, she hasn’t.” He gets up and starts pacing. “Did she tell you why she’s mad at me?”

 

I stand up. “No, cause she didn’t want to talk about it. She’s pretty much it kept it to herself.”

 

“Reese is pissed because I won’t have sex with her. I’m trying to be a gentleman. Most girls would kill for a guy that won’t pressure them. You would think after the way that sleaze ball Jake treated her; Reese would want a nice guy. I guess I was stupid for getting involved with her.”

 

The next thing I know Seth is punching the wall. By the pained look on his face, I know he’s hurt. I run over to him. “Are you okay?” I am in a panic.

 

“Oww, that fucking hurt.” He’s rubbing his knuckles. Why are guys so stupid?

 

“You need to get that checked out.” I wince, noticing the purple and black on his hand.

 

“I’m fine. It feels better than having Reese hate me.” He grimaces in pain.

 

“Reese doesn’t hate you. She cares about you a lot.”

 

“She has a funny way of showing it.”

 

I don’t know what to say to Seth. I’ve never been in this situation. I’m trying to be a good friend to Reese. She confided in me about Seth, and I can’t break hurt trust.  But, I think Seth needs to know what is going through Ree’s mind.

 

“Seth, sit down. Let me explain something to you.” He sits down next to me. “You have to promise me that you won’t tell Reese, I said anything to you.”

 

“I promise. Now tell me.” He urges. I can tell he’s in a lot of pain.

 

“Reese says you make her feel like the most important girl in the world. She can be herself with you. You don’t care if she’s a bitch. In fact, you call her out on it. Ree was hurt that you wouldn’t sleep with her. She feels like there’s something wrong with her because you’ve turned her down more than once.”

 

“That’s crazy. I love her so much. I’m afraid.” He replies in a whisper. I’m not sure I heard him correctly.

 

“You’re afraid?” I ask in shock.

 

“Don’t be so shocked Calleigh Carter. Guys are just as clueless about sex as you girls are.” He laughs. I join in with him. “Seriously, I’m a virgin. I may be seventeen, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready for sex.” He pauses. “Well maybe physically I’m ready, but emotionally it scares the crap out of me.”

 

“Seth are you coming to the party tonight?” He looks unsure. He has to come for Reese. “You have to come. Reese needs a guy like you in her life. You keep her calm. I know she’d want you there. Talk to her and tell her the truth. For as big and bad as Reese may act, she’s just as insecure as the rest of us. Now go home and take care of your hand.”

 

“I’ll think about it. Thanks Calleigh.”

 

When I walk back into the club, mom is on the phone. I finish getting the favors ready and listen to mom’s conversation. “Really? I’m going to kill my sister. Okay. I love you, too. See you in twenty.”

 

“Which sister are you going to kill?” I ask with a giggle. Mom is always ready to kill one of her sisters.

 

“Aspen.” She says with a sigh.

 

 Now, I’m really curious. “What did she do? She couldn’t have done much with being in the hospital.”

 

Mom takes a seat at one of the tables. “She bought us a new couch and recliner. I told her she didn’t have to do that. Why can’t she just listen?”

 

I start to laugh. My mom is too much. I’m kind of glad Aunt Aspen got us new furniture.  I am grossed out knowing she gave birth in our living room.

 

“It’s not funny, Calleigh Amber.” She give the room a once over. “Are you finished? Dad and AJ will be here with Reese’s present.”

 

I get all perky about Reese’s present. “Yes, everything is finished. Did they get her a car?”

 

Before mom can answer, I hear a car horn. It has to be Daddy and Uncle AJ. I grab my purse and race outside. Reese is going to be surprised. It may not be the pink Camaro she wants, but I know she will like this car. It’s going to be so much fun when she gets her license. We won’t have to take the smelly bus to school anymore. Plus I get excited thinking about going shopping on our own. I just have to convince my parents to let me go.

 

“WOW!!!! Reese is going to love it.” I squeal with excitement.

 

“It’s nice. I’m glad you chose a safe car for Reese.” My mom says from behind me.

 

“I kind of got outvoted, but I think I made the right choice.” Uncle AJ smiles. He’s pretty pleased with himself.  “Well, I’m off to pick up Aspen and Willow from the hospital. I’ll see you at the party. Thanks for helping with the decorations.”

 

“Anytime.” My mom says as AJ heads to his car, while Daddy drives Reese’s car to the back of the building. “Now Calleigh, don’t be getting any ideas about cruising around L.A. with Reese.”

 

I push my thoughts to the back of my head. “I know mom.  Reese doesn’t even have her permit yet. I’m sure it will be a while before she gets her license.”

 

“I’m glad you have a good head on your shoulders. Let’s go home and get ready for this swanky party.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 49 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 49

 

Aspen

 

It feels good to be home. I have never been a fan of the hospital. AJ carries Willow into the house and takes her to the nursery. I make my way to Reese’s room. She is getting ready for her party. I can’t believe she is sixteen. Where did the time go?

 

I knock on the door. “Come in!” Reese yells over the music. I walk into her room.

 

When my daughter turns around, all I can do is stare at her. She looks absolutely breathtaking. Reese is wearing an elegant coral pleated empire waist dress with one shoulder strap. Her long brown hair is done in soft curls. She looks so feminine and grownup.

 

“Reese Elizabeth, you look gorgeous. What happened to your original dress?” I’m curious about the sudden changes in clothing. Her first dress was a little wild compared to the current one.

 

“Aunt Lilly took me to exchange it this morning. It just didn’t seem right for the occasion.” She answers while putting on her earrings.

 

“That was nice of Lilly to do that.” I smile at my daughter proudly. “Are you ready?”

 

“You only turn sixteen once. I can’t wait to see my new sports car.” Reese’s eyes twinkle with mischief.

 

“You’re too much, you know that.” I shake my head and laugh.

 

 

 

 

The party is in full swing. I’m exhausted watching all the teenagers dancing and having fun. AJ and I are standing near the snacks. He’s busy talking to Lilly and Jade. My thoughts are on my children.

 

My oldest is turning sixteen and my two day old baby girl is at home. Grayson and Hayden are running around. I love them with my heart and soul. I never thought I would find true love and have such a wonderful family. I’m truly thankful for having a one night stand with AJ. That one night created a beautiful life. I wipe a tear and realize it’s time to stop being so sappy.

 

“Is everything okay, Red?” Lilly asks. She will always be a mom to me.

 

“Everything is perfect.” I smile.

 

I notice Reese is in a heated discussion with Seth. They haven’t talked since before Calleigh’s birthday. I was kind of glad that my daughter took a step back from her boyfriend for a while. She wasn’t in the right frame of mind. Reese’s focus was on sex instead of building a lasting friendship with Seth.

 

A slow song comes on, I see Seth take Reese by the hand and walk over to the dance floor. She has a big smile on her face. I’m happy that she is happy.

 

“Can I have this dance?” AJ whispers in my ear. His hand is on the small of my back as he glides to onto the floor. We sway back and forth to the music.

 

“This feels nice.” I rest my head on my husband’s shoulder.

 

He rubs my back gently making me melt into his body. “You have to be exhausted, Aspen.”

 

“I am, but I would never miss this moment. Reese will only be sixteen once. Soon, she’ll be going to college and leaving us.” I start to tear up. “Before we know it all the kids will be out of the house, and we’ll be all alone.”

 

“Oh baby, we still have plenty of years with our children. Where’s the old Aspen?” He chuckles. “I miss the Aspen that didn’t cry over everything. I miss the way you bitch at me all the time.”

“Well if you want the old me back, I can have that arranged.” I lift my head and look deep into his brown eyes, “The thing is Mr. McLean we will have to go back to having vanilla sex once a month.”

 

AJ’s mouth gapes open. I think I put him into shock. I can’t hold in the laughter any longer.  “I thought you were serious!”

 

“I like chocolate, vanilla, butter pecan, strawberry cheesecake and red velvet sex.” My lips move to his for a chaste kiss. There are a lot of teenagers around so I need to be a good role model.

 

“And you can have all 31 flavors and then some. I love you, Aspen Ruby McLean.”

 

“I love you, Alexander James McLean.”

 

“Ok, break it up you two. You are making everyone green with envy.” Reese teases. We all walk over to the table and sit down.

 

“Are you having a good time Reese’s Pieces?”

 

“This is the best birthday ever. Everyone is having a great time.” She says a little too cheerfully.

 

“What about you Reese? Are you having a good time?” I ask my daughter.

 

“I am, but I’m jealous of all the happy couples. Calleigh has Spencer. Aunt Jade and Uncle Nick have each other. You and Daddy are happily in love.  Even Aunt Lilly would have that look on her face if Uncle Brian was here.” She states unhappily.

 

AJ takes her hand in his. “I saw you talking to Seth earlier. Did you clear the air with him?”

 

She looks down at her lap. “Sort of. It’s just I always open my big mouth.” Reese looks up and over at Seth who is talking with Calleigh and Nick. “Look what good it’s done me in the last few weeks.”

 

“Sweetheart, you get that from your dad. He’s the king of inserting his foot.” She giggles at my comment, while AJ sighs. I can’t help but chuckle.

 

“Daddy, mom is telling the truth.” Reese comments sarcastically. AJ pouts and I nod my head.

 

“Why don’t you go talk to Seth? Tell him how you feel. It’s up to him to decide. Once you’ve said what you needed to say, let it go and enjoy your party.” I hope my advice will work.

 

“Thanks mom and dad. I love you.” Reese runs off in search of Seth.

 

I watch as Reese and Seth walk toward the door. I hope their conversation goes smoothly. In my heart, I know Seth won’t let her birthday be ruined. He wants to see her happy.

 

Finally after sitting for about twenty minutes, I decide to get something to drink. I’m in the middle of a conversation with Howie and AJ, when I see Reese and Seth walk in hand and hand. It seems like they worked things out. I’m a little concerned about the way my daughter is smoothing out her dress. I’m going to trust her and believe she knows what is right.

 

Seth walks over to get some punch. “Hi Mr. and Mrs. McLean.”

 

“Hey Seth. What happened to your hand?” AJ asks just noticing that Seth’s hand is bandaged.

 

“Well you see Reese has been giving all these signs. She is so frustrating.” Seth replies.

 

I can feel AJ start to tense up. There’s no doubt he doesn’t like Seth’s comment. When I see him lunge over the table, I have to push him back. This is not the time or place to start a fight.

 

Seth senses something isn’t right. “Mr. McLean, please don’t get the wrong impression.”

 

“Please don’t tell me how to think when it comes to you dating my baby girl.” AJ states sharply.

 

“Alex, please let Seth finish before your temper gets the best of you.” I turn toward Seth, “Please go on.”

 

“I can assure you that I only have the best of intentions for Reese. I care about her a lot.” He smiles. “I love Reese.”

 

My heart melts especially when I see my daughter standing behind him. She’s got the biggest smile on her face. Reese walks over and takes Seth’s hand.

 

“Do…do you really mean it?” She says unsurely.

 

“I do with all my heart.” He places a kiss on her cheek.

 

Reese focuses her attention on her dad. “See, Daddy not every guy is trying to get into my pants. You need to calm down.” We all think she’ finished, until she blurts out. “In fact, Seth’s never done it…” Her face reddens as Seth squeezes her hand to stop.

 

Everyone stands there quietly waiting to see what will happen next.

 

 “Oh shit, Seth! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to broadcast that.”

 

His face is flushed. “It’s okay. I don’t think anyone heard but the adults.”

 

I decide to put them out of their misery. “Why don’t you two go dance? Let us old folks hold up the wall.” They both smile and make a quick exit.

 

“I think Seth is good for Reese.” Nick states with laughter.

 

“Stop it Nick.” Jade smacks him lightly in the arm. “I think it’s great that he isn’t pressuring Reese for sex.”

 

“I’m just saying, what teenage boy isn’t trying to get into a girl’s pants.” He looks at AJ. AJ just shrugs not wanting to partake in the conversation.

 

“Just remember it could be Spencer trying to have sex with Calleigh.” I remind him.

 

“Hell no. Calleigh’s going to an all-girls boarding school in Siberia. My daughter is never having sex.” He cringes. We all laugh at him.

 

“Being a dad to a teenage girl sucks. Boys are so much easier.” AJ replies. I can’t help to laugh at his stupid logic.

 

“Yeah, tell me that when Grayson is a teenager.” I give him a quick peck on the lips. Then Jade and I walk away laughing at our husbands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
Let us know what you think!!!!!
Chapter 50 by tiggerc128

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 50

 

Jade

 

            When we get home, I'm exhausted.  Calleigh is spending the night with Reese for her birthday.  Reese was mad AJ and Aspen wouldn't let her drive her new Mini Cooper in the parking lot of the restaurant, but I think she got over it when AJ told her he was taking her on Monday to get her permit.

 

Michael and Cameron went with Hayden and Grayson for a sleepover at Grandma Denise's.  As I'm settling Jasmine in her crib, Nick comes in and rubs my back, watching me. 

 

            Jasmine looks up at us both and smiles, talking to us and her mobile.  I lean down and whisper, "Go to sleep, young lady. It's way past your bedtime."

 

            Nick hugs me as I stand. "Why don't you go pour us a glass of wine?  I'll get Jazz to sleep then we can have some grown up time."

 

            I pull his face to mine and kiss him languidly.  We part only when the doorbell rings. I sigh and say, "Who in the world?"

 

            Nick grimaces.  "I thought he'd be later.  It's Brian." I know I look alarmed.  "It's ok, Jade. I asked him to fly out. We need to help him and Lilly fix whatever is wrong."

 

            I look up at my dear husband and thank my lucky stars he's mine. "You're so sweet, did you know that?"

 

            The doorbell rings again.  I laugh. "I'll get it. Jazz goes down faster when Daddy sings." I hear him humming softly as I leave the room and head downstairs.

 

            When I open the door I'm stunned at how tired Brian looks.  I hug him tightly and whisper, "Are you ok?"

 

            He shrugs, sitting down on our new sofa with a thud. "I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't have left and at the same time, I don't know if we're gonna make it.  I mean..."

 

            I hold up my hand. "Brian, Lilly loves you. She's devastated by...what happened. She doesn't understand it anymore than you do."

 

            He sighs wearily.  "Tell me what to do, Jade. Do I pretend it didn't happen?  What would you do if Nick called out Lilly's name?"

 

            I sit quietly in Nick's new recliner and whisper, "He did, Brian. A long time ago."

 

            From the stairs, Nick's voice sounds hoarse when he asks, "I did what?"

 

            I look up, feeling more than a little guilty at just blurting it out this way. "When you had the flu just after Michael was born.  You talked a lot in your sleep.  You called out for Lilly often.  And Paige.  I didn't think...I needed to tell you it happened. I didn't tell anyone."

 

            Nick sits down on the coffee table in front of me.  "Jade..."

 

            I smile at him and pat his cheek. "Don't.  I know you love me."  Looking at Brian, I say, "Brian, has Lilly given you any reason to think she's fantasizing about Nick at all since you got married?"

 

            He shakes his head.  "No.  Never.  Why?"

 

            Instead of answering him, I ask another question.   "When did this happen, Brian? Specifically?"

 

            He thinks back.  "Right after she called to make arrangements for us to come for Reese's party. Which I missed. I'll have to apologize.  She had talked to Aspen for a long time.  I remember when she got off the phone, she was crying."

 

            I nod.  "Brian, she was crying because I was there and we were talking about the past.  About all the things we went through and how Aspen was so worried about Reese getting into trouble.  We talked a lot about her drinking. And about...the engagement party."

 

            Brian grimaces. "I'd rather forget that."

 

            I smile sympathetically. "Me too.  But part of our problem is we DIDN'T really talk about what happened.  I point blank asked her what had attracted her to Nick."

 

            Nick looks at me curiously. "What did she say?"

 

            I pull my feet up and hug my knees.  "She said she didn't know.  Unless it was your reputation as a lover."  He blushes and Brian starts to stand. I stop him by saying, "Brian, she also said that you make her feel things she never felt before. Brian...she's...she's afraid you're going to figure out you can't live with someone with a past like hers.  She's...her calling out Nick's name is her subconscious way of sabotaging your relationship to make her predictions come true. She didn't mean it."

 

            Nick looks at me stunned. "Where did you get that?"

 

            I sigh. "You know how I disappear every Thursday for three hours?  My "alone" time?"  He nods.  "That's when I go to my therapist.  I've been seeing Geri again since Jasmine was born. I didn't want to worry you so I didn't tell you." I look at Brian.  "Lilly's been to my last two sessions with me."

 

            Ignoring Brian, Nick kneels in front of me. "Why didn't you tell me, Jade?"

 

            I shrug.  "Because I didn't want you to think your wife is crazy.  Because post partum depression sucks.  Because I wanted to be strong enough to do it on my own."

 

            Brian leans forward. "Why is Lilly going?"

            I smile at him.  "She doesn't want to lose you Brian. Her fear is her weakness.  I want...SHE wants you to go to counseling with her."  I glance at Nick.  "And I want you to go with me."  His mouth drops. "Nick, I'm not afraid of losing you.  I'm afraid of losing myself.  Jasmine's birth took its toll on me. I'm tired. I'm so tired and so afraid.  I want to be a good mother to her and the rest of our children."

 

            He puts his hand on my face. "You are, Jade. You're a wonderful mother and I couldn't ask for a better wife." 

 

            I sniffle and say, "I feel like I'm just not good enough now Nick.  Geri is...she's the best at what she does. I trust her to help me. Will you...will you go with me?"

 

            He smiles through his tears and leans forward. "Jade, I'll do anything for you. I love you."

 

            I hug him tightly, sobbing into his shoulder.  Brian clears his throat.  "Umm, listen, why don't I leave you two alone? Where, umm...where's Lilly?"

 

            I pull away from Nick. "She's staying in the apartment over the cupcake shop."  He stands and I say, "Brian, Lilly loves you. Please don't give up."

 

            He smiles.  "I love her too, Jade. I don't plan on giving up. Not ever."

 

            After he leaves, Nick cradles my face in his hands. "Jade, why didn't you tell me?"

 

            I shrug, covering one of his hands with mine. "Nick, Calleigh needs you now. She and Reese are embarking on a journey that you've already taken. I can't help her like you can. I can't guide her like you can. I don't want to burden you with my silly thoughts."

 

            He tightens his grip on my face and whispers, "NOTHING about you is silly, Jade.  I can help you as much as I can help Calleigh. But you have to LET me. You have to trust me."

 

            I lean forward, kissing him deeply. "I do trust you Nick.  So much in fact...I do need your help."

 

            He stares at me. "My help? How?  You know I'll go to your therapy sessions with you. Is there something else I can do?"

 

            I nod.  For the first time ever, I'm shy with Nick.  I lower my eyes.  "Geri made a suggestion. I don't know what you'll think."

 

            He puts his finger under my chin.  "Jade, you never in your life have been shy with me. Why now? What did she suggest?"

 

            I clear my throat, staring at his lips before raising my eyes to meet his. "She suggests that maybe...if we...play..." He gasps. "Like we did when we first met..."

 

            A smirk lifts the corner of his mouth. "Do you want to play Jade?"

 

            I lower my head and in a neutral voice, I whisper, "Yes...Master."

 

            I feel his hands slide over my arms.  "Before we start, Jade, look at me."  I raise my eyes to his.  He cups my face and kisses me gently. "We did say never in the house."

 

            I smile, leaning into him.  "I know. Maybe tomorrow Calleigh and Reese can watch Jasmine?"

 

            He nods. "OK, but maybe tonight, a warm up."

 

            I feel my face heat up with excitement.  "What kind of warm up?"

 

            He pulls me onto the floor beside him and slides his hands down my back and cups my behind, pulling me hard against his body. "How long has it been since you've been spanked...Little Girl?"

 

            My heart pounds in my chest as I look up into his eyes. Love and trust flow from mine as his face lowers to mine.  This is my husband. My lover, my best friend and father of my children. My soul mate.  What more could a girl ask for?

 

 

End Notes:

Let us know! :)

Chapter 51 by tiggerc128

Daddies’ Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 51

 

Reese

 

            I’m sprawled out on my bed watching Calleigh brush her hair. “Can you BELIEVE my parents got me a Mini Cooper?” I’m so excited about my car, I just can’t believe it.

 

            Calleigh keeps brushing and laughs.  “They only got it because it’s so small you and a Seth can’t do anything in it.”

 

            My mouth drops open in shock. When I see her giggling, I throw a pillow at her. “Well, then, we’ll take Seth’s car for that.”

 

            Calleigh throws the pillow back.  “Ree, does it feel different?  Being 16?”

 

            I think a minute.  “No, I don’t feel like I’ve magically changed into a woman.  In fact, I’m acutely aware that I’m a 16 year old virgin.”  I roll onto my stomach and cradle my face in my hands.  “I thought for sure by now Jake and I would have done it.  Well, when I was with Jake I thought it.  Now that I’m with Seth, I thought I would have for sure done it ‘cause he’s the one.”

 

            She stares at me so much, I almost get nervous.  “The one? As in marrying him the one?”

 

            I shrug.  “Maybe.  Maybe not marriage.  Maybe we’ll just live together forever.  I just know I want to be with him all the time.  Even now, I want him to…”

 

            She sits up straighter.  “What’s going on Ree? What are you hiding?”

 

            I sigh. “I’m not supposed to tell anyone because he’s not sure yet.” I feel my heart start to pound and my eyes burn like I’m going to cry. “Don’t mention this, ok?  He’d be PISSED if he knew everyone knows.”

 

            She nods. “I promise Ree, just between us, what’s wrong?”

            I sniffle.  “His parents are splitting up.”  She gasps.  I rush on. “His dad is moving away and wants Seth to go with him.”

 

            Calleigh jumps up and sit on the bed with me, putting her arm around my shoulder.  “Ree, why? Where would he go?”

 

            I let my tears finally fall and whisper, “San Francisco.  He works there part of the time anyway and he can just transfer up there.”

 

            Calleigh squeezes my shoulder.  “Ree, it’s not that far.  What does Seth say? Does he want to go?”

 

            I shrug, afraid of sharing my thoughts.  But Calleigh’s my best friend. If I can’t tell her, who can I tell?  “He wants to stay with his dad, but he doesn’t want to leave LA or…or me, he says.  He’s mad at his mom cause…” I push myself up and cross my legs under me.  “She cheated on his dad. Seth came home from school and the guy was there, half naked, feeling up his mom in their kitchen.”

 

            She gasps. “Are you serious?  What the hell Reese? Why would she do that? Seth’s Dad is like, amazing!”

 

            I nod. “Yeah, I know. Seth left fast, before they saw him and he called his dad.  He told him…well, what was happening. You know Seth and his dad are more like buddies than father and son.  He’s so MAD at his mom.”  I take a deep breath. “She’s done this before.”

 

            Calleigh’s hands fly to her face. “Oh my God, are you serious?  Poor Seth.  I don’t blame his dad for leaving her, but…well…I don’t know what to say Ree.”

 

            I just shrug. “Nothing to say. If he leaves…he SAYS he’s going to still love me and we’ll see each other every weekend.  But, well, let’s face it Leigh, some other girl could catch his eye…”

 

            She reaches out and grabs my shoulders.  “Now you stop that right now Reese! Seth is NOT Jake, he’s not LIKE Jake, and he fucking loves you!”

 

            Her outburst shocks me.  I start to giggle.  “Leigh, you cursed! You actually cursed!”

 

            She blushes and says, “Stop it!  Seriously, I’ve cursed before.”

 

            I just laugh. “But I don’t think I remember you ever saying fuck. What’s gotten into you?”

            She sighs and starts giggling with me.  “Maybe I’m becoming more like you.”

 

            I roll over on the bed laughing. “Oh my God, your dad will DIE if that happens!”

 

            We’re still laughing when Mom knocks on the door and yells, “Girls, what are you up to?”

 

            I catch my breath and say, “You can come in mom.”  When she opens the door and walks in, I say, “I think Leigh is turning into me.  We’re just talking about how Uncle Nick would react.”

 

            Mom can’t help it. She laughs with us.  “Girls, it’s not…Reese, you’re a lovely young woman and Uncle Nick would be proud to have a daughter just like you.” Looking at Calleigh, she says, “You’re more like Reese than you think, you just don’t blurt out how you feel like she does.”  Looking back at me, she says, “You get that from your father, young lady.”

             I giggle. “I know Mom.”

 

            She sits with us on the bed.  “Reese, I just got off the phone with Seth’s father. He told me what’s going on? Are you ok?”

            I can’t look at her. I stare at the comforter and say, “I guess. I don’t know. It just sucks.”

 

            She reaches out and takes my hand.  “Reese, they aren’t moving.”

 

            My head snaps up.  “What? Really?”

 

            She smiles.  “Seth had a long talk with his dad tonight.  He told him he wants to stay here.  Close to you. His dad agreed and well…we sort of made an arrangement.”

 

            My eyes narrow. “What kind of arrangements?” Mom rubs her stomach and I remember she just had a baby. “Are you ok, Mom?”

 

            She nods. “I’m fine, Sweetie, just a little tired.  Anyway, the arrangements.” I nod. “Well, when his dad has to go out of town, Seth will be staying with Spencer’s family.  Your father and I will be helping keep an eye on Seth while his dad is away.  His mother is actually moving out of state with her boyfriend so Seth will…he’ll need us for a while.”

 

            I jump up and hug her. “Mom, that’s awesome! He’s really staying because of me?”

 

            She nods, patting my back. “He loves you Reese. Really loves you. I’m not saying it’s the kind of love Daddy and I have. You’re both still young and your hearts are still growing along with your bodies. You could grow apart, but I don’t think Seth will ever hurt you like Jake did.”

 

            I sit back and nod. “I know Mom. He’s so different from Jake.”

 

            Mom just smiles.  “OK, I’m going to go lie down until Willow needs me. You two ok? Do you need anything?”

 

            Calleigh chirps, “No, I’m fine Aunt Aspen.”

 

            I nod, “We’re good. Is it ok if we raid the fridge later?”

 

            She nods. “Sure.  There’s left over snacks from the party in the pantry and the rest of your cake is down there.  If you need anything else, just pop in the studio and tell Dad. He’s working on a song he started writing with Nick.”

 

            I hug her again. “Mom, my party was…amazing. And I love my car!”

 

            She hugs me and I hear tears when she whispers, “I’m so proud of you Reese. You’re such a beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday.”

 

            After she leaves, I start bawling.  Calleigh hugs me. She’s crying too. “This has been a crazy year, huh?”

 

            I nod. “Calleigh, since we’re being all sentimental…I’m sorry for how I acted.  I was a lousy friend.”

 

            She shakes her head and says, “Well, as my Mom says, “Water under the bridge, Baby. Water under the bridge.”

 

            We both start laughing and fall back on the bed.  Calleigh will always be my very best friend. I’m lucky she’s also my cousin. I couldn’t pick a better family. And I wouldn’t want to.

End Notes:

Let us know what you think! :-)

Chapter 52 by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 52

 

Calleigh

 

Ree and I spend the night talking about everything two teenage girls can talk about. Things finally seem back to normal, well as normal as they can be for our family.

 

“Leigh, I’m starving. Let’s go get some cake.” Reese jumps up from the bed.

 

“It’s three o’clock in the morning. How can you be hungry for cake?” I shake my head at her.

 

“Geesh, live a little.” She taps her foot impatiently.

 

I get up and take my time finding my slippers. I slip them on and follow Reese downstairs to the kitchen. The light is on and Uncle AJ’s head is inside the refrigerator. Reese puts a finger to her mouth telling me to be quiet. Slowly she walks up to her dad and grabs his arm. He jumps up quickly, hitting his head.

 

“What the hell, Reese?” He groans, as he rubs the top of his head. Reese is laughing uncontrollably.

 

“I couldn’t resist, Daddy.” She is still giddy, “Why are you lurking in the fridge? Shouldn’t you be in bed with mom?”

 

“I just came up from the studio. Your birthday cake was calling my name.” He smiles.

 

“Leave my cake alone. You need to watch your girlish figure.” She spouts off, good naturedly. I can’t help but laugh.

 

“You think that’s funny, Calleigh?” Uncle AJ asks with a twinkle in his eye.

“I sure do.” I chuckle. He walks over and ruffles my hair.

 

“I better go upstairs, so I can take care of Willow when she wakes up. Don’t stay up too long. You know you need your beauty sleep, Reese’s Pieces.”

 

“Shut up Daddy! You know I’m beautiful.” She smiles and bats her eyes.

 

“You’re both beautiful. All those hearts you’re going to break. Night girls.” He gives each of us a kiss and walks out leaving us to our cake.

 

“So, you want a piece?” Reese asks placing the cake on the island.

 

“I’ll take a small piece.”

 

Reese serves us each a piece of the delicious chocolate caramel banana cake. Aunt Aspen makes the best cakes and desserts. We sit quietly eating.

 

“Reese, do you think we’ll ever become famous for our voices?” I ask licking the icing off my fork.

 

Reese thinks before speaking. “I think we will or at least I hope we do.  I want to be as successful or at least half as successful as our dads. Can you see us going on tour and traveling the world?”

 

“That would be fun.” I can’t help but to catch Reese’s enthusiasm. “Getting to sing in front of huge crowds.”

 

“And tour buses with no parents.” Reese exclaims and we both giggle. I think no sleep and the sugar is starting to get to us. “Let’s go into the family room. I have something to show you.”

 

We quietly make our way into the family room. Reese takes out a DVD. When it starts; Reese and I are about nine and ten. We are singing and dancing to some Disney song. “Wow, Ree! I can’t believe you found this.”

 

“I know. It was like our first performance in front of the Backstreet family. Do you ever wish we could perform now?” Reese questions while starring at the TV.

“Yeah, but our parents want us to finish school. Education is important.” I comment quietly. The urge to perform is growing stronger as the days go by.

 

“True, but we’re like two of the smartest kids in school, besides Seth. He’s practically a genius. Just think if Dad never heard him sing, I’d still hate him.” She sighs dramatically.

 

“Everything happens for a reason.” I smile at her. “But our parents want us to finish high school before we take the leap into a singing career. My Dad graduated in a hotel room. He doesn’t want that for me. Plus, really it’s not that long until we graduate.”

 

Reese rolls her eyes at me as she shuts off the TV. She grabs a blanket and covers us both up. We lay on the couch relaxing. “Leigh, that’s two years. I don’t think I can wait that long. I want to sing.”

 

“Honestly, I do, too.” I agree.  

 

“We need to talk to our parents. We need to make them understand that we are serious about this.” Reese comments seriously. I am surprised that she is being so mature.

 

“Reese, I think that’s great, but what if they shoot us down. Our moms will want us to wait. They’ll tell that our voices will be better in two or three years. I don’t want to burst your bubble.”

 

“Leigh.” She cries. “It really sucks. Other teenagers are famous singers. Why won’t our parents let us?”

 

Reese is starting to get cranky. She needs to sleep. I’m getting tired myself. It’s been a great night, so I don’t want to get into an argument with her.

 

“Ree, maybe we can talk to our parents tomorrow. Let them know how serious we are about singing. They may say no, but at least they will know where we stand.” I attempt to be the voice of reason.

 

“I get it, but I know my dad will be on our side. I’ve heard him go round and round with my mom about it. He says we have a great future in the music biz. We’re more talented than any young singers out there.”

 

“Reese, let’s get some sleep. We can talk to our parents tomorrow.” I yawn.

 

“Fine, Leigh. Let’s get some beauty rest.” Within five minutes Reese is sound asleep.

 

Unfortunately, I’m wide awake. My brain is working overtime. My passion is singing. It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. I want to take the big leap, but I know it’s not time yet. I can understand why our parents have concerns, but it’s a challenge to be patient.

 

It’s hard being in the place where you’re still a little girl and starting to become a woman. Sometimes I feel so independent and at other times I’m afraid of what is out in the world.  How do I know right from wrong, when life presents me with situations? I want to be mature enough to handle them on my own, but wise enough to know when I need my parents help.

 

Thinking back on everything that has happened this year, I know I am a stronger young woman. I can have my own opinion and have the confidence to express them in a grownup way. In my heart I believe Reese has matured into a beautiful young woman. I think we are both ready to take the world by storm. Watch out world, here comes Calleigh Carter and Reese McLean.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
Hope you have a Happy New Year. Let us know what you think.
Epilogue by colorguard_diva

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Epilogue

 

Brian

 

I walk into the studio where Nick and AJ are working with Seth and the girls. They sound terrific as a trio. Sadly, my mind isn’t on music. That’s the reason I came to talk to the guys.

 

“Hi Uncle Brian.” Reese runs up and gives me a hug. “This is Seth.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you.” I smile and shake his hand. Reese is certainly smitten with her boyfriend. Calleigh walks over and gives me a hug. “Hey, Leigh.”

 

AJ looks up at me with worry. I know I’m not myself at the moment. Things with Lilly are difficult at best. We aren’t seeing eye to eye. “Why don’t you call it a day? It’s still early. Here’s some money. Go see a movie.”

 

Reese looks at her dad like he has two heads, but grabs the money. I can’t help but chuckle. They gather their belongings and quickly run upstairs.

 

“So Rok, what’s bothering you? I haven’t seen you look this shitty in a while.” AJ teases, trying to lighten the mood. Nick raises his eyebrow at AJ.

 

“Haven’t felt this shitty in a long time.” I pause, collecting my thoughts before speaking again. “I can’t do the tour.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong? Is it Lilly?” Nick asks me as he sits beside me.

 

“She won’t even talk to me. We got into a heated argument this morning. Lils is refusing to talk to me.”

 

“What were you fighting about?” AJ asks walking over to sit down.

 

“Stupid stuff. First it started off about relocating to Los Angeles. Then she started in about the tour and leaving her. It just kept escalating until it got ridiculous.”  I say embarrassed.

 

Nick and AJ sat there in silence. I wonder what they were thinking. They’ve had issues in their marriage, so I know they are the best people to talk to about it. Their opinions and thoughts matter to me.

 

“Why doesn’t she want you to go on tour?” AJ asks curiously.

 

I sigh and lean back on the couch. “Lilly…she’s…she’s afraid that I’m going to find someone else. I told her over and over that there is no one else for me. Why can’t she realize I’m telling her the truth?”

 

“Rok, that sucks. I’m sorry that Lilly doesn’t believe you. Those damn Grey sisters are stubborn. They never want to listen.”  AJ scoffs and we all laugh.

 

“She still hung up on her past. We’ve been married for almost thirteen years. If her past was an issue, I would have been gone long ago. It pisses me off that she’s still brings it up.” I punch a pillow. My anger is getting the best of me.

 

“Hopefully counseling will help. I think it’s the best thing for both of you.” Nick comments thoughtfully. I know he’s thinking about him and Jade.

 

Nick and Jade have the strongest marriage I know. After what they’ve been through, they have mastered the art of communication. Hopefully Lilly and I can learn to communicate better with therapy. I love my wife more than life itself. I can’t live without her.

 

“How’s Adam dealing with all of this?”

 

“We try to keep him shielded from it, but I know he knows something is wrong. It’s only a matter of time before Lilly’s past career comes up. I dread that day.” I wring my hands.

 

“That’s going to suck…” AJ says before he’s interrupted by the kids running in.

 

“Daddy, daddy we’ve been offered a contract to sign with Dynamic Records.” Reese thrusts a piece of paper in AJ’s face. Calleigh and Seth have huge smiles on their face.

 

AJ reads the letter and passes it to Nick. They both look stunned. When the letter comes to me, I take my time reading it. It seems legit, but this is definitely a surprise.

 

“Wow! How did they even know about you?” AJ asks curiously. I can see the uncertainty in his face.

 

“Seth’s dad sent a copy of that song we recorded a few weeks ago. The company he works for does advertising for Dynamic. Can you believe they want us, Daddy?” Reese says excitedly, hugging her dad, “This is what I’ve always wanted.”

 

“Congrats, Calleigh!” Nick stands up and gives her a hug.

 

Reese runs over to Seth. He pulls her into his arms and starts kissing her. After a few minutes AJ breaks them apart. The kids are on cloud nine. It brings back fond memories of when Backstreet Boys got signed.

 

“Okay, we’re off to tell everyone the good news. Thanks to all of you for helping us.” Calleigh squeals. “We love you and are grateful for everything.”

 

They rush out of the studio in a flurry of excitement. I can hear the commotion upstairs. I look over at AJ and Nick. The look on their face is bittersweet. Life is about change for the McLean and Carter families.

 

“Wow. I don’t even know what to say.” AJ shakes his head.

 

Nick says, “I’m happy for them, but I’m not ready for this. Calleigh is just a little girl.”

 

“Nick, you were younger than Calleigh when we signed our record deal. I know you guys are excited and worried about this.” I stand up, “Reese and Calleigh have both of you to guide them. They are lucky to have the experience of their dads to help guide them in the right decoration.”

“I know. It’s just hard seeing her grow up.” Nick sighs and stands up.

 

“It’s their turn now. We’ve had so many years of success. Now it’s time to see our daughters live their dream.” AJ pulls Nick into a hug.

 

“You know they are going to be successful. They have beautiful voices and are more talented than most of the singers on the radio.”  I remind them.

 

“You’re right, Brian. I think it’s time for us to celebrate with the girls.” Nick smiles and heads upstairs.

 

“Brian, things are going to work out with you and Lilly. Right now it sucks, but both of you are willing to work on your marriage. Things will get better. Now call your wife and son. We have some celebrating to do.” AJ says as we make our way to the celebration in the great room. Life is going to be an exciting, crazy, bumpy ride for all of us, but I don’t think we would trade it for the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
Thanks for going on a journey with Reese and Calleigh. Hope you enjoyed it.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11028