Why Are We Still Friends by colorguard_diva
Summary:
 photo WAWSF_BANNER_RESIZED_FOR_AC.jpg
Can you just be friends? What happens when you are in love with your best friend? Follow this group of friends figuring out if what they have is more than friendship.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 54 Completed: No Word count: 72671 Read: 80018 Published: 09/04/14 Updated: 06/10/15
Chapter 18 by colorguard_diva

Why Are We Still Friends

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 18

 

I was exhausted after celebrating all night. All I wanted to do was fall into my bed. Thank goodness I didn’t have to work tomorrow. The house was quiet. I figured Anna and Nick were sleeping.

I locked the door and slipped off my heels. I padded my way to my room. I heard Anna moaning. I guess her and Nick weren’t sleeping. They never stopped.

Slowly, I turned the handle and opened the door. I couldn’t believe what I saw. Nick and Anna were fucking in my bed. MY BED of all places. I gasped in disbelief. This was a dream. It had to be. No way would my so called best friends have sex in my bed.

Neither of them noticed me standing in the doorway. They were so into each other, it made me sick. I backed myself into the hallway and slammed the door. I ran into the living and put my heels on. I had to get out of here.

Twenty minutes later I pulled into AJ’s driveway. How I made it there in one piece was a miracle. I turned off the ignition and sat in the driveway. AJ really wasn’t the person I wanted to talk to about this. Hell there was no one I wanted share this horrible ordeal with.

I sat in my car until the sun came up. No reason to wake up anyone. What could they do anyway? All I know is I had a nasty visual in my head of the two people I hated the most. I couldn’t close my eyes without seeing it.

“Lexi, what the hell are you doing out here?” AJ yelled through the window.

 I guess I was lost in my own nightmare to notice anything. I rolled down the window. “I don’t want to talk about it.” I hissed.

“Fine, but you look like shit with all that mascara running down your face. You’re still in the same clothes?” He opened my door. “Get the fuck out. I don’t know what the hell happened, but you can’t sit in your car all fuckin’ day.”

“Fine.” I got out of the car. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

My brother sighed, clearly annoyed with my behavior. I can’t blame him, but I’m starting to go into bitch mode. It’s easier than talking about it.

“Geesh, Lexi. I never asked you to talk about it. I’m worried about you. Plus, the kids are going to wake up soon and you look like shit. You’re going to scare them.” AJ gave me a hug.

“Can I stay here? I really don’t feel like going home.” I whispered against his chest.

“Of course you can. Why don’t you go get a shower? You can borrow something of Bella’s to wear. Then we will have a big family breakfast.”

“Okay.”

 

I took a long, hot shower hoping it makes me forget. Of course it doesn’t, as I spent the whole time crying. It seemed like my life was falling apart. I was losing my two best friends. I loved Nick with all my heart and soul. He was everything I wanted in a man, but Anna fucked that up big time. She was a selfish bitch. I tried being a good friend, but she never took my feelings into consideration. Nothing like being used by the people you thought cared the most about you.

After I got dressed, I went downstairs. It was time to put on my happy face. It wasn’t fair to act angry and mean around the kids. None of this was their fault.

“Good morning, Wexi.” Ian smiled up at me.

“Aunt Lexi, I didn’t know you were here. Mommy’s taking us to the park today. You want to come?” Alisa said a mile a minute.

“Alisa, finish your fruit. Give Lexi a moment to breathe.” Bella scolded. Alisa went back to eating. “Are you okay?”

“Not really.” I bit my lip, so I wouldn’t start crying. I sat down and attempted to eat some fruit. I wasn’t hungry.

“Are you sad, Aunt Lexi?”

“A little.” I sniffled. “I’m going to go lay down.”

Once I got to the guest room, I flung myself on the bed. I knew I was being melodramatic. Nick and Anna having sex in my room was not the end of the world. Hell, most people wouldn’t even care. I think what upset me, was that fact that they were flaunting their relationship in my face.

“Hey, you wanna talk?” Bella peak her head in.

“Yes. No. Maybe. I’m not real sure.”

She entered the room and shut the door. “Does this have something to do with Nick?”

“What makes you say that?” Bella gave me a look and I started to laugh. “Fine, doesn’t it always have to do with Nick.”

“Well, lately he’s been an arse. I don’t see Brian treating you this way.”

I situated myself so I was leaning back on the headboard. “Brian would never treat anyone this way. He’s too nice.”

Bella sat down next to me. “That he is. So, what did the douche bag do?”

“I caught him and Anna screwing in my bed. It was horrible, Bella. They didn’t even realize I was there. They kept going at it like rabbits.”

“Oh, Lexi. I’m sorry. Damn, both of them.”

“They had no right to be in my room. It’s my private place.” I sighed, feeling frustrated. “It’s the only place in my house that I don’t have to watch them. Now, that’s ruined.”

“Well, Anna is nothing but a bitch. I’ve only known her for a short while, but damn. How are she and Brian related? They are night and day.”  Bella shook her head.

“That’s because Annalise is the only girl in her whole family. They don’t even have any female cousins. Everyone just doted on her and let Anna get away with everything. Even her mom regrets doing it.” I explained.

“Well, she certainly isn’t going to make friends with me.” She paused to think. “So what are you going to do about it?”

“Right now all I wanna do is wallow in my pity. I know Nick is an ass, but I still care about him.” Bella gave me a look. “I know. I just can’t turn off my feelings for him because he’s a jerk. My mind says to hate him, but my heart wants something else.”

“Even if he’s bad in bed?”

“Who’s bad in bed?” AJ said as he entered the room.

“Umm….umm….umm.” My face got hot.

“Umm…I don’t know him. Does umm have a name?”

I knew my brother would harass me until I told him. I was in no mood for his antics. “Nick Carter.” I said poker-faced. He wasn’t going to believe me.

“What the fuck? There is no way in hell you slept with Nick. I’ll kill that bastard myself.” AJ was pissed. I should have just kept it to myself.

“Stop it!  I’m a consenting adult. Nick didn’t force me, and I don’t need my brother protecting me.” I raised my voice at my brother.

“Well, it’s fucking stupid for you to sleep with him in the first place. Are you out of your fucking mind?” AJ yelled.

“I already know that I’m out of my fucking mind.” I screamed back. “I don’t need you to tell me anything I don’t already know.  You better not say anything to him. This is between me and him. Just leave me alone. I’m going for a walk.”

 

 

 

End Notes:
Oh no! I sense some drama. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading and reviewing.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11303