Camp Westminster by Nessie
Summary: Is a camp for the rich kids. A Camp that teaches the arts such as Music, Acting, and Dancing. It is here that Nick Carter was sent to as to keep him out of trouble while the group is on break. He is there to teach music to bunch of rich kids, but what he didn't plan on was falling in Love.
Layla is the daughter of the owner and producer of a major record label. She wants to prove to her father that she has what it takes to make it in the music business.
So she wrote and sung under a different name so that way she can show other people that she has what it takes to do things on her own without the help of her father.
So she heads out to camp to learn the different types of music, and also to scout out new talent for her father's record label. It was here that she meets the one person that she has had a crush on ever since him and his band mates signed with her father's label.
And at the end of the four weeks not only did she make new friends but she also fell in love.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 12903 Read: 927 Published: 02/23/15 Updated: 02/23/15

1. Chapter 1 by Nessie

2. Chapter 2 by Nessie

3. Chapter 3 by Nessie

4. Chapter 4 by Nessie

5. Chapter 5 by Nessie

6. Chapter 6 by Nessie

7. Chapter 7 by Nessie

8. Chapter 8 by Nessie

9. Chapter 9 by Nessie

10. Chapter 10 by Nessie

11. Chapter 11 by Nessie

12. Chapter 12 by Nessie

Chapter 1 by Nessie
Chapter 1
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
Well here it is a new year at wonderful Camp Westminster. A special camp made for kids of famous parents, well for parents who are in the music business of some kind. That does include theater too. And kids of rich parents too, and you see that's were I come in.
Then only thing that you have to get into this place is some kind of talent, such as singing, acting or dancing, you may be asking your self where do I fit in, well you can say the singing part.
The limo pulls up in front of the mess hall, behind one of the camp buses, and couple of other cars and vans that are here.
“ Yes daddy I will be scouting new talent for you and the company... ok love you too, and have a great meeting...call you in three days to let you know what I have found... ok bye.” I said hanging up the phone just as the driver opened the car door.
“ Layla, hey girl it's so great to see you again.” Harley said as she came up to the limo and giving me a warm welcome back to camp.
“ Hey Harley, is Andrea here yet? And it's so great to see you too, man I have some stuff to tell you.” I said as I returned her hug.
“ Thanks, I haven't seen her yet. Oh goody I just love here what is going on in the music world. Oh just great look who just showed up, this can not be great summer when she shows up.” Harley said as another limo pulled up and getting up out of the car was Cayenne, the daughter of the hottest female singer. You can also say that she thinks that she is better than every one just because of who her mom is. And of course her mom is also signed to my dad's record label too.
“ Oh just great what I just don't need, well let's go to the cabin and put our stuff in there and get some what settled in before dinner.” I said as I started for the direction of where mine and Harley's cabin was going to be at, and the driver followed with my bags.
Harley and I found our cabin and we saw that there were four beds, three of the beds was for the campers and the other bed is for our counselor who will be staying with us.
“ I heard there was a rumor that Nick Carter was going to be here, but the reason why I want to ask you is he is on your dad's record label. So is it true.” Harley asked just as driver came into the cabin along with a lady.
“ Um... just put it the smaller bag onto the bed and the trunk at the foot of the bed, Thanks Benny.” I said as Benny came over to me and the bed that will be mine for the summer.
“ Good Morning Ladies and sir. Um... there really isn't suppose to be any males in the girls' cabins.” this lady said as came over to my bed.
“ I was just about to leave, I had to bring Ms. Layla's luggage into her cabin.” Benny said as he turned to the lady and gave her this look that told her that she wasn't his boss.
“ Ok well all guest have about twenty minutes before they are to leave the compound.” the lady said as she looked between us and Benny.
“ That is ok ma'am I'm leaving now, Ms. Layla you be careful and call you father on the weekends.” Benny said coming over to me and giving me a hug goodbye.
I told him that I will and then he left us with our counselor who I can tell was going to watch us like a hawk.
“ Ok ladies my name is Karney and I will be your counselor for the summer and I hope we can be friends.” Karney said as she introduced herself to me and Harley.
“ Hey Karney, I'm Layla and it's great to meet you, and I too hope we can be friends.” I said as I introduced myself to Karney.
“ Hi I'm Harley, and it's also nice to meet you too.” she said as she introduced herself to Karney.
“ Hey I'm sorry that I'm late but I got stuck in the traffic, Oh yeah Nick Carter is here?” Andrea said as she came into the cabin with her parents.
“ Are you kidding me he is here, then the rumors were true.” Harley said as she looked over to me and gave me this look as to why didn't you tell me.
“ Well I was going to tell you but I haven't had the chance too. Great I can bet who would be trying to get into his pants.” I said as Andrea gave me this look and nodded over to her parents who just laughed and shook their heads, because they knew who Cayenne was and what she is like.
“ Hey you must be Andrea, I'm Karney and I will be your counselor.” Karney said as she introduced herself to Andrea and her parents.
After Andrea's parents left we began unpacking until it was time for us to head to dining hall and it was here that we learned the real reason why Nick was here.
And true to her nature Cayenne began acting like a bitch in heat, oh yeah I forgot she is just being herself. And of course her two followers where right there beside her.
After lunch we were free to go back to our cabins and relax some and I got caught up with my two best friends and cabin mates.
Nine hours later we in our cabin and beds getting ready to all go to sleep.
I fell asleep listening to a song that Nick had recorded last week, and yes you can say that we know each other very well. And it was him who gave me the song that I'm listening too. The song is called Don't Walk Away.
Chapter 2 by Nessie
Chapter 2
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
I had just finished eating breakfast and was on my way back to my cabin, and get to ready for my music writing class. This was the first day of classes and this is the class Nick will be helping in.
Oh yeah last night in the dining hall Cayenne made a total ass of herself, which I knew she would.
She told everyone that was sitting around her, that she would get Nick Carter one way or another, well I have news for her that it will not happen in her life time.
Let's just say I have a secret, or I know a secret about Nick that no-one around here knows about or won't know.
I was walking by the dock when I heard someone playing the guitar.
So I made my way down to the dock and it was here that I found Nick sitting there all by himself and playing a beautiful song.
“ Hey Nick, oh man that was beautiful.” I said stopping in front of him and giving him a warm smile.
“ Hey Layla, thanks Um... lets just say the song is for someone very special to me.” he said as he looked up at me and gave me cocky smile.
“ Oh, you know you should record it. Oh crap I better get going or I'm going to be late for song writing class.” I said turning away from him and was about to walk up the small hill.
“ You Know I think I will do that and give it to my very special person. Oh man I better go and see what Jerry is going to do for the class.” Nick said as he got up and walked with me up the hill.
You can say that he basically walked me to my cabin but when I turned right he just kept going.
“ Hey guys are you ready for the writing class?” I said walking into the cabin and seeing Harley and Andrea sitting there playing a game of cards.
“ Hey Layla, Oh man Cayenne will be so pissed off when she learns that Nick walked you here to the cabin.” Andrea said as she laid down her card and Harley laid hers down and won both cards, they were playing the game war.
“ Do I look like I really care what that bitch thinks. Man did you hear all the shit she was saying last night well I have news for her it's not going to happen, but only in her dreams.” I said getting my manuscript so that way I can write a song.
“ True she was saying stuff that did sound very far fetched. I forgot that my class is with you, what about you Andrea?” Harley said as she lost her queen to Andrea's Ace.
“ I have acting class in about fifteen minutes, I think I better get going because it's in the dining hall, so I'll see ya later then.” Andrea said as she got up and put her cards on her bed.
“ Oh I thought you were going to take music classes with us.” Harley said as she put her cards on her nightstand.
“ I was but they were already full, can you say mom somewhat had forgotten to sign me up until the last moment, and all the classes were almost full.” she said opening the door and we walked out the door.
“ Ok then we will see you at lunch then.” I said as Harley and I began to head for the cabin that was being used for the music classes.
Once there I saw that Cayenne and her little followers weren't here, but when I did walk in I saw Nick nod to me and gave me a small corky smile.
I sat down near the front and Jerry came walking in and took his seat on the stool in front of the small group that was gather around him.
“ Good morning everyone, if you don't know me, I'm Jerry and I will be your music writer and director for the summer. And we have a special guest who will be helping me with this class, please give a hand to Nick Carter. Most of the girls here know who Nick is and if you guys don't know him, he is a recording artist from the group the Backstreet Boys.” Jerry said as he introduced Nick to the small group.
“ Hey everyone.” Nick said as he stood up and turn to the group and waved to everyone.
An hour later we were leaving to head for the dining hall, when I felt someone grab my hand. Turning around to see who had it and saw that it was Nick.
“ Hey I was wondering if you would like to write a song with me?” Nick said as he pulled me back into the cabin.
“ Um sure, I would love to Nick, Um... I think I better get going before someone sees me with you.” I said looking around and making sure that no one was near to see us together.
“ Yeah your right, I thought that maybe we could meet somewhere away from here.” Nick said as he headed for the door as I too headed for it also.
I headed for the dining hall while Nick headed for his cabin, but twenty minutes later he did show up and sat down with a couple of guys.
Then after lunch we headed for other classes, and it was around six we had dinner before they set up the movie screen and projector so we could watch a movie.
After the movie we all headed back to our cabins, Harley, Andrea, Karney and I sat around and played one round of gold fish in which Karney won.
After getting ready for bed I climbed into bed and picked up my book that I had been reading and read the latest chapter, before falling asleep and having a wonderful dream of Me and my boyfriend.
Chapter 3 by Nessie
Chapter 3
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
Today was a rainy day and vocal class was in the dining hall, because the cabin that was used for that class was leaking rain water, from a couple of holes that was in the roof.
I walked in to the room and there was Cayenne and I noticed that she was hanging all over Nick and she even had her hand on his upper thigh, and I knew what she was trying to do too.
Nick saw me and gave me this help look, I just gave him a small nod and came over to them.
“ So I see that you're being your normal self Cayenne.” I said sitting down across from them.
“ What are you talking about, Layla?” Cayenne said and moved closer to Nick.
“ That you are being a total slut and whore. So why don't you let Nick be.” I said as Nick did try to slide his chair a little away from Cayenne.
“ Why you little bitch, I'm more Nick's type of girl that he likes and don't you ever call me a whore.” she said getting up and coming up to me and standing over me.
“ Ok that's it, Cayenne. Number one you are so wrong about the person that I like, and you know what Layla is right you are slut and whore. So if you come around me one more time I will have you remove from this camp.” Nick said coming up to Cayenne and moving her away from me.
“ If you do you will be hearing from my lawyer and I will tell everyone what an ass hole that you truly are.” Cayenne said as she moved closer to Nick.
“ If you do that then I can sue you for slander.” Nick said stepping back from her but not fast enough.
The next thing I know I heard the sound of the slap.
I got out of my chair and grabbed Cayenne's hand before she could slap him again.
“ If you ever do that again, you will be so very sorry that you ever did that.” I said in a very harsh tone and let her know that I meant what I was silently threatening.
But before anything else could be said May came into the room to start our lessons. And with a huff Cayenne sat down in the back with her followers, Tiffany and Kristy.
Nick nodded to me and mouthed thank you, before taking his seat that he was sitting in before I came into the room.
“ Good afternoon, and sorry that you guys have to be here instead the other cabin, we are hoping to have the roof fixed, so let's get going.” May said as she came up to the chair that was next to Nick and sat down.
Then we started the class, and man the only person who really sounded bad believe it or not was Cayenne, and man it's really hard to believe that her mom is a famous singer Monica Phillips.
“ Oh man I can't believe how bad she really sounded, she thinks she can sing will I have news for you she can't sing.” Harley said as we walked over to the cabin and put our stuff up before going back to the dining hall for lunch.
“ Yeah and I swear if she pulled that little stunt that she did before class I will really hurt her, no body and I mean no body touches Nick like that without facing the price.” I said as I saw Nick and couple of guys walking into the dining hall.
“ Um are you ok, you seem to be talking like your somewhat close to him or something like that.” Andrea said as we walked into the hall we lined up to get our food.
“ Um... Yeah I'm fine can we not talk about this anymore please.” I said getting my hamburger and fries before going over to the cooler and getting me a coke.
“ Ok sure, Um... Nick is motioning for us to his table... with Jerry and Mike.” Harley said as she saw Nick motion for me to come over to his table.
I walked over and looked around only to see Cayenne and her party looking my way and glaring at me when me, Harley and Andrea sat down at the table with Nick.
“ Layla it's so great to see you, I think in the next couple of days your going to love what we have planed, and believe it or not we got the ok straight from your father.” Jerry said as I sat down on the bench next to Nick.
“ Oh really, so your going to let us know in the next couple of days then cool.” I said as I open my coke and poured it into my plastic cup.
“ Yeah I'm going to let you all know in two days.” Mike said as he took a bite out of his hamburger.
We just sat around the table and just talked about some things that we had been doing before coming here and what we hope to get out of being here all summer.
Like the day before we all gather in the dining hall to watch a movie and this time when we went back to our cabins after the movie instead of playing any kind of games, we all said goodnight and fell asleep as we laid in our beds and listen to the rain fall on the roof above us.
Chapter 4 by Nessie
Chapter 4
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
“ Good morning everyone, Sorry it took me a little while to get here, I was on the phone with Nick's manager and record label, and now I'm glad to announce, that the winner of the talent show that we will have on the last night of the camp, will be recording a song with Nick here.” Jerry said as he came into the room and sat down in front of us.
“ Oh so can we do a group song?” Tiffany asked as she raised her hand and looked confused.
“ I'm sorry but the this year the talent show will have solos only, this will give us idea who will get the recording contracts, modeling contracts, and dancing contracts too.” Jerry said as he answered her question and he was trying not to laugh at her confused look still on her face.
“ So if you don't have any more questions then I suggest that you guys get started working on your routine that you will be doing for the show. And remember, not only will the show be for the whole camp, but your parents will be here too.” He continue when he saw that there wasn't any more questions.
So we all began writing the songs that we will be performing in the show, then afterwards we left and headed for the dining hall for lunch.
“ Hey Layla, can I talk to you for a moment?” Nick said as the last person left the building.
“ Um... sure.” I said gathering up my stuff and nodded to Jerry who left and headed for the dining hall too.
“ There is something that he didn't say, not only will you be singing with me but with the rest of the guys too. And it will be the winner's song that we will be recording.” he said as he came up to me took my hand so he could hold it.
“ Oh wow, that would be so cool, and it's that I will have to give my dad the list of names of people who I think has the talent for a recording contract. Well I think I better get going we don't want to get caught.” I said as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.
“ You know what I'm about to tell everyone about you and me, but your right, I'll see you later ok.” He said letting go of my hand, and then surprising me by kissing me.
You can say this was both our first time ever kissing each other, and you can also say that it was a total shock to the both of us when we felt the magical spark, but the one thing that we didn't know was that we were being watched.
We said bye to each other and I left before him, I headed to my cabin first so that way I could put my music up in my trunk that I have a fake bottom, and then locked. The only way to open the fake bottom was to double click on the lock.
“ Hey guys what's up?” I said coming up to Harley and Andrea.
“ Hey girl, not much, we just got the news that who ever wins the talent show will get to record with Nick, oh man that would be so cool, and if anyone should get to record with him would be you Layla, because you are so good.” Harley said as she gave me a smile and nodded towards Nick's way and saw that he was talking to Jerry and the owner of the Camp.
“ Yeah that sound like a great thing too, I really don't think that would be good thing, my dad wouldn't go for it.” I said as the cook put the hot dog on my plate then I move onto the other lady who put potato salad on my plate.
“ Why, he has to know that you are a very talented person and that you would have a big shot in the business and you could bring in business for your father.” Andrea said as we got our drinks and then made our way over to the empty table not far from where Jerry, Kollen, and Nick were sitting at.
“ I know that but you know how my dad is when it comes to me, I'm daddy's little girl and he don't want me to get into the business and have my dreams shatter or something like that.” I said as I began to put relish, ketchup and mustard on my hot dog.
“ I thought you did record a song under different name last year.” Harley said as she put ketchup on her fries.
“ Yeah I did, and believe it or not I did pretty good, and daddy still doesn't know it was me.” I said as I took a bite of my hot dog and I something caught my eye.
What it was, Tiffany was whispering something in Cayenne's ear, and the look she gave me was of pure evil.
So now I wonder what that was all about and what could I have done this time to have pissed her off so much.
Well anyway after lunch I headed back to the cabin, and put on my bathing suit and headed over to the pool.
Two hours later, I got into the shower before heading off to the diner hall again for dinner and movie.
Tonight was very special because we were going out into the woods and by the lake to have a camp out. It was midnight when we all finally fell asleep from all the fun that we were having by the camp fire.
Chapter 5 by Nessie
Chapter 5
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
“ So Layla what are you going to do today?” Harley asked me as we stepped inside our cabin.
“ I think I will go find a very quiet place somewhere and work on a song that I have been thinking about writing for a while.” I said going over to my bed and putting my sleeping bag back onto the bed along with my pillow.
“ Oh really you know I think I will go and find a quiet place too so that way I could practice my lines for the play that we are working on.” Andrea said as she finished putting her stuff up too, and grabbing the script that was sitting on her nightstand.
“ I'm going to go to the pool and catch up on my tan some, and see what James is doing.” Harley said as she was looking for her bikini.
“ I was thinking about doing that, but this song came to me two days ago and it has been haunting me since then so I think I better get this song down.” I said going under the bed and pulling out my guitar case and then grabbing the note book that was sitting on the nightstand, which is blank, just in case someone comes into the cabin and snoops around.
“ Well I'll see you at the dinning hall for lunch later then.” I said before heading out of the door.
The only place I go to when I want to get away from everyone is a clearing in the middle of the woods. I found this place two years ago, and have been coming here ever since, this is where I wrote all the songs for my album.
Finding the log that I sit on, I went over to it and put the case down then I looked around just to make sure that I'm here by myself. Knowing that I was alone I sat down on the log and took out the guitar from the case.
I started playing a melody that had been playing inside my head then I picked up the writing pad and began writing down what I had played. Then I played it again and adding the lyrics to the music.

It Was You

When I think of what I've been through
I can see that you've always been there for me
To tell the truth I don't know what I'd do
Without you, none of my dreams would have come true.

(You are the one) that I have called for.
(Now my life) means so much more
(Now we can be) together forever
(Forever just you and me)
Me here for you
You here for me
You

[Chorus:]
It was you who showed me I got a friend in you
I always knew that you'd be right here for me
And it was you who stuck with me when the skies where blue
And it was you who stayed by my side, it was you!

Since the day you came in my life
I knew then that you'd be someone right by my side
Then you proved you're a friend to me
In my heart, forever you will always be

(You are the one) the one (that I had hoped for) I've been hopin'
(Now my life) means (means so much more) means so much to me
(Now we can be together forever) Together you and me
(Just you and me)
(There for each other)
And I knew it was you

[Repeat Chorus 2x]
It was you who was always right by my side
And I just can't do it; you helped me through it
We're friends forever, like best friends should be
You'll always be
a special part of me!

It was you!

[Repeat Chorus 2x]
It was you who showed me I got a friend
I always knew that you'd be right there
It was you who stuck with me when skies where blue
It was you!. I knew that I could count on you

[Repeat Chorus]
You are a friend to me. It was you.

I had just finished writing the lyrics when I looked at my watched and realized that I had twenty minutes before lunch, so I began packing things up and headed back to the cabin so that way I could put my stuff up.
Walking into the cabin I found that nobody was here so I put the case back under the bed and going over to the trunk opening it up then pulling things out of it so that way I could get to the fake bottom. Using the key and the lock, I doubled clicked the lock so the fake bottom could unlock and open up. Once opened I tore out the lyrics and put it in the music note pad before closing it up and double clicking the lock again to make sure the bottom was locked.
I had just finished putting all my stuff back into the trunk and locking it when Karney came in to the cabin.
“ Oh Layla what are you doing here?” she said as she realized that I was in the cabin.
“ I was putting my stuff up before I headed up to the dinning hall for lunch.” I said taking the now empty note book and heading for the door.
“ Ok I came back here to get my book and making sure that you guys where heading for the dinning hall for lunch.” she said going over to her nightstand and grabbing her book that she had been reading.
“ Ok well then I guess I'll see you up at the dinning hall.” I said opening the door and stepping out onto the steps of the small porch.
“ Wait up and we can head over there together.” she said coming up to me.
We began heading up the small path that leads up to the dinning hall, half way there Nick joined us.
“ Hey guys how are you both doing on such a beautiful day.” He said as he came up to us and we walked up the small hill.
“ Hey Nick I'm doing fine today how are you doing?” Karney said as Nick stepped up next to me.
“ Doing pretty good, I got two songs written today which is good, how are you Layla?” he said turning his attention to me and giving me a smile.
“ I'm doing good too, and I wrote a song also today.” I said as we came up to the dinning hall.
Nick opened the door and held it open for me and Karney so we could enter the dinning hall.
We walked into the room and sure enough the first person we saw was Cayenne and her followers, Tiffany and Kristy and it was Cayenne that gave us a nasty look.
I headed over to the lunch line and got my lunch before heading over to the table where Harley and Andrea.
“ Hey guys.” I said sitting down next to Harley and began eating my hamburger.
“ Hey Layla, man can you say Cayenne really hates you, and now she will hate Karney too.” Andrea said as she took a sip of her coke.
“ Yeah I know what you mean.” I said as I saw Karney go over to the table where Jerry and Mike was sitting at eating their lunch.
Nick grabbed his lunch and headed over to a table where a couple of guys that are wanna be rock stars.
After lunch we headed back to the cabin with Karney and we got into a poker game of Texas Hold Em. So that's how we spent the rest of our day before dinner and then movie.
Chapter 6 by Nessie
Chapter 6
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
“ So Layla what are you doing after breakfast?” Andrea asked as we found our seat at a table.
“ I was thinking about working some more on the song that I'm going to do for the talent show.” I said pouring milk into my cereal.
“ Oh well Harley and I are going to the pool today, and then we are heading over to the beach later and play a game volley ball with a couple of girls from Cabin 6.” Andrea said as she took a sip of her juice.
“ Well if I finish the song I might join you guys at the beach.” I said after eating three spoon full of cereal.
“ Ok, why is Nick hanging out with those ass holes for?” Harley said as she saw Nick sit down with the guys that he had been hanging out with.
“ Oh them well it's could be that he doesn't want to sit with Jerry and them, and he really wants to stay far way from Cayenne and her groupies, and he can't sit here with us because then it would cause problems with the bitch.” I said looking over Andrea's shoulder and see Nick laughing at something that one of the guys had said.
“ I see what you mean, well I'm done here so I'll see you guys in a little while then.” Andrea said as she got up from the table and turned to see they guys laughing.
“ Ok I'll see you when I finish eating my cereal here.” Harley said after she put a spoonful of cereal.
Andrea just nodded and then turned to head over to the trash can and put her tray and stuff on top of the tray holder, before heading out the door.
“ Well I'm done here so I'll see you later at the beach then.” Harley said as she got up and left the table too.
I just sat there and watched Nick and the guys goofing off mostly, then one by one they started getting up from the table, leaving Nick the only one there.
He turned my way and gave me a small nod before getting up and leaving the dining hall. I waited for a few minutes after he left before I got up and headed out of the dining hall too.
Heading over the cabin I got my notebook and then my guitar before heading out of the cabin.
Walking down the path and then through the woods until I came to my clearing. I found Nick sitting on a log just playing his guitar.
“ Nice melody there.” I said coming over to him and sitting down next to him.
“ Thanks, it's something that I'm working on.” he said looking up from his guitar and putting down it down before he could grab his notebook.
“ I have this song going through my head, and I was wondering if you would like to help me with it.” I said pulling my guitar out of it's case.
“ Ok sure I'll help out as much as I can.” Nick said as he sat there and I began to sing the first verse of the song.

There for me

Lately I've been thinking
About the things that we've been through
And I don't know if I'd be here if not for you
I had to take a little time and try to work things out
And you should know that I've never meant to let you down

“ How's that so far?” I asked as I finished the first verse.
“ It sounds great so far, do you have the chorus written yet?” he asked grabbing his guitar and started to strum it.
“ No not yet, I was hoping that you could help me with it.” I asked as I sat there listen to the tune that he was playing.
“ How about this?” Nick said as he played the tone and began to sing.

Chorus
'Cause I, I wanna tell you that I am sorry and I, I
Even when I'm not giving enough
and I'm taking too much
You still there for me
Even when I've got nothing at all and I'm ready to fall
You're still there for me (there for me repeat 2 X)
Even when I can't be there for you ,
You are always there for me

“ I like that ok how about the next verse.” Nick said as he began strumming again but this time we both began working on the last part of the song.

Sometimes I know I can be so hard to understand (it's ok)
Even when I'm lost you show me who I really am
Life (with me it) hasn't always been an easy ride
But because of you,
I've learned to lose my selfish high

Chorus
You always were
Must be love
It's gotta be real love
It's gotta be real love
Real love
Chorus
Even when I can't be there for you
Even when I can't be there for you
You're always there for me ...

“ Man that is a great song, you think we could record it together?” Nick asked as he put his guitar into it's case.
“ Yeah sure that sounds great. So what do you want to do now?” I asked putting my guitar in it's case.
Nick got up and took a hold my of my hand and pulled me up from the log.
“ Well I was think we could do this.” Nick said as he pulled me into his arms and began kissing me.
“ Um, do you think we should go to the next level, if you do I know a place where we can go to that no-one knows about.” I said pulling back from him some and gave him a smile.
“ Yeah I'm ready to take it to the next level, let's grab our stuff so that way know ones finds them.” Nick said as he picked up his guitar case.
“ Ok sure let's go.” I said getting my guitar and notebook and headed to a over to a path that lead down to a cavern.
Walking into the cavern I pulled out a small flashlight and headed further into the cave, then coming to a open cavern we saw a small lake and coming down in the middle of it was a waterfall.
Going over to a place where rocks were I pulled out a small latrine that I had put there last year when I found this place.
“ Oh wow this place is awesome.” Nick said as I lite the light.
“ Yeah I think its a awesome place too I also come here to get away from everyone.” I said coming back over to him and he pulled me back into his arms.
Then we began taking each other's clothes off and we laid down on a blanket that I also pulled out from the plastic bag that was behind the rocks.
Then he made slow love to me knowing that this was both our very first time.
An hour later we made it back to our cabins to put our stuff away before heading to the dining hall for lunch, and it was after lunch I put my bathing suit on and headed down to the beach and joined my friends in a game of volley ball.
Chapter 7 by Nessie
Chapter 7
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
“ Something is up with her, and I want to know why Nick is hanging around so much with her and not with me.” Cayenne said as she sat there just watching Layla and her friends at the other table.
“ What could be so great about her, hey look she looking over at Nick and the other guys.” Tiffany said as she pointed over to the table.
“ I wonder what that means. I'm going to wait for a few minutes and make sure that no one is in the cabin before I go snooping around.” Cayenne said as she watched Andrea and Harley leave the dinning hall, but Layla stayed behind and sat there for a few minutes longer and she just watched the guys as the left.
“ Why did he nod to her before he got up and left the hall?” Kristy said as she was Nick too just like every girl here in the hall.
“ I don't know, now you see why I want to watch them closely, because something is going on with those two.” Cayenne said as she saw Layla leave shortly after Nick did.
“ Well I'm going to go now and get ready for the pool see you guys later.” Tiffany said as she got up and headed for the door with her tray.
“ I think I'll do the same thing, good luck on finding something Cay, just be careful we don't want you to get kicked out.” Kristy said as she too got up and head out of the hall too.
Cayenne just sat there for a little longer just to make sure she was giving Layla and her room mates plenty of time to get their things before leaving their cabin.
After finishing her milk she got up and headed out the door, following the down to where some of the cabins were located.
She just came around the curve when she saw Layla walk out of her cabin with her guitar and a note book.
Looking all around just to make sure that no one was around to see her going into Layla's cabin.
“ Ok if I wanted to hide something where would you hide it.” Cayenne said to herself as she headed over to the nightstand and opened the small drawer.
She looked inside but found it empty, the next place she look was under the pillow, but finding nothing.
“ Damn she has to have something, I wonder what's in here?” she said to herself again going over to the trunk that she saw at the end of the bed.
But when she tried to open the trunk she found it lock. Then she heard someone laughing as they walked by the cabin.
Cayenne realized that there wasn't nothing was here, and if she has something it was either in the note book that she was carrying or it was in the locked trunk.
Finally giving up on looking for something on Layla and head to her cabin and get her bathing suit before heading to the pool, and joining her two followers Kristy and Tiffany.
“ Hey Cay, did you find any thing on Miss Goodie To Shoes.” Tiffany said as Cayenne sat down in the lounge chair next to her.
“ No I didn't find anything, she either had it in the note book that she was carrying with her or she has it hiding in a lock trunk that she has at the foot of her bed.” Cayenne said as she began spreading the sun lotion all over her arms.
“ Man that sucks, why didn't you try to opening the trunk.” Kristy said as she turned her attention away from the group of guys that Nick has been hanging out with, and turn towards Cayenne.
“ Yeah it is, but I will find something on her before the summer is over.” Cayenne said as she laid back and closed her eyes and started sun bathing.
Two hours later Cayenne and the others got up and headed back to their cabin and cleaned up before they headed over to dinning hall for lunch.
Ten minutes after sitting down with their lunch, Nick came in and sat down with the guys again and minute later Layla and her friends came in and got their lunch and headed over to the table that they were at this morning.
“ Well since nothing else is going on I think I'm going back to the cabin and lay down for a little bit.” Cayenne said getting up and taking her tray to the trash, before walking out the door.
She walked up the small hill and to the other side of the camp where her cabin was.
Walking into the cabin, she headed over to her bed and pulled back her covers before sitting down and taking off her shoes, then laying back and covering herself up. Closing her eyes she fell sound asleep.
Chapter 8 by Nessie
Chapter 8
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster
“ Good morning everyone, lets quiet it down. Ok today we are going to be doing something very special. That is after we have warmed up vocal cords some and that means doing our scales.” May said as sat down at the piano and waited for us to find our spots and quieted down.
“ Well we be working on our pieces for the show that will be coming up in three weeks?” Cayenne asked as she found her place close to the stage area.
“ No today we are going to sing with Mr. Carter here, I want to hear how will you guys harmonize with him, because as you all know that we will be closing the show with a song with him, as a group, but there will be one person who will get sing a very small part with him. Oh yeah you will also sing a small solo part in the song too.” May said as she looked over to everybody in the class and she saw some of the girls giggle and whisper to each other.
“ But you said that we aren't working on our stuff today.” Tiffany said as she looked very confused.
“ I was talking about the song, I will pick three people to beside Nick here who will get a line or two to sing.” May said as she turned around at the piano so she could start playing the scales.
We began our warm ups, there are some people that no matter how much they warm up they still sound really really bad.
“ Ok the first four people I want to start out are Harley, Michelle, Tonya and Jon. Please come up here and take your places in the order that I called you.” May said as she called the four up to the front of the stage by the piano.
Once they were all there she handed them the music and they began singing as she played the parts on the piano.
“ Ok, Harley, and Jon please take a seat on the right of the stage, and Michelle and Tonya please take a seat over on the left.” May said once they finished the piece they were singing.
“ I wonder what she is doing?” I heard Lucy say to the Paul who was sitting next her.
“ I have a feeling that one side are going to be doing the solos while the others are going to be doing mostly the chorus parts.” Paul said as he watched with the rest of us as Michelle and Tonya sat down on the edge of the stage.
I got out my PDA really quick and turned it on, then went into notebook part. It was here that I added Paul's name to a couple of names that I already have here to give to my father, and two of the names are Harley and Andrea, and I even have Tiffany's name in here, because when she isn't being over shadowed by Cayenne she can really sing and she has a great voice.
“ Ok the next group please come up here, Cayenne, Matt, Paul and Layla.” May said and when she called my name I saw Nick look up from his PDA that he had.
My group got into the places by the piano and like before May began playing the song and like before we each sang two lines of the song before going to the chorus part where we sang together on.
“ Thank you very much, Cayenne and Matt please go sit with Michelle and Tonya and Paul and Layla sit with Harley and Jon. Ok the next group Taylor, Fred, Peggy and Kristy.” May said calling up the next group.
I pulled out my PDA again and out of this group I added Jon's name to my list. I looked over to Nick and saw that he was putting something in his PDA too, I wonder what it could be.
“ Ok and now for the last group, Tiffany, Brittany, Bryant and Craig please come on up.” she said almost sounding like the announcer from the Price Is Right or something like that.
They did the part and the only one that I can say that stood out from that group was Tiffany, the next person I added from that group was Bryant, with a little more hard work I believe he can make his dream of being a singer can come true.
“ Ok Tiffany and Bryant please go to the right and Brittany, Craig to the left please. I know you are wondering why I broke up into two big groups for, well Group 1 is Harley, Jon, Paul, Layla, Fred, Kristy, Tiffany and Bryant, they are going to have the solo parts, while Group 2; Michelle, Tonya, Cayenne, Matt, Taylor, Peggy, Brittany and Craig will be doing the background and chorus parts. Ok Nick will you please come up here and Group 2 please retake your seats out in the audience.” she said as the not so lucky ones got off the stage and went back to their seats, they weren't really up set because they knew that they still had a huge part in the song, and yes they will still get to sing with Nick too.
“ Ok guys from the top please. Oh and when we get to chorus part or any part that is in quotation marks Group 2 please sing ok lets do this.” she said as she started playing the piano.
Twenty minutes later and after three restarts we finally got the parts right, and you say YEAH!!!
“ I have one more thing for us to do before we leave and I'm hoping it will only take fifteen minutes to do. Ok Paul, Layla, Tiffany and Bryant you four are going to do a part with Nick on the second and third verses. Ok let's start with Paul doing the first line, Layla the second, Tiffany the third and Bryant the fourth and the all of you on the last two lines. We will do that for the third verse also. Ok let's just do the second verse for now and we can work on the rest of the song for tomorrow.” May said as assigned us our parts for the solos.
Man I looked out over to Cayenne can you say that she is one pissed off puppy, the funny thing is Tiffany not only got to do a solo part in the song, but she also gets to do a part with Nick, man talk about a very low blow to Cayenne's ego.
This time we did it with only one mess up and it was Nick who did it, and who said that professionals can't mess up too.
After all that was finally done we left there and made our way up to the dining hall for lunch.
“ Hey guys, um... why is Cayenne not sitting with her tag a longs, Kristy and Tiffany?” Andrea asked as she sat down at the table next to me.
“ Today in class May gave us parts for the closing number of the talent show ok, let's just say Cayenne didn't get what she wanted.” Harley said as she turned around in her seat and saw Cayenne sulking in the corner of the table.
“ Oh wow, so why are Kristy and Tiffany so giggly then?” Andrea asked as someone stopped next to our table.
“ That's because they both got solo parts in the final song.” Nick said as he stood there with his tray in his hand.
“ Oh hey Nick, ouch that must really blow for Cayenne, oh well.” Andrea said as she looked up to see Nick there.
“ Yeah, who ever told Cayenne that she could sing must really be tone deaf or something. Would it be ok if I sat with you guys today?” Nick asked as he looked over to the other table.
“ Sure you can join us, yeah I know what you mean and just because her mother is a famous singer like you of course, doesn't mean she can sing.” I said as I saw Cayenne take her napkin and dab her corner of her right eye.
“ That's right her mom is Monica Phillips, that's where I know her from, she came to the studio a couple of times while her mom recorded.” Nick said as he sat down next to Harley.
“ Oh really, how do you know that?” Andrea asked as she took a bite of her chicken sandwich.
“ That's because her mom and Nick are signed to the same record label and they at times use the same recording studio. Um... guys I believe Cayenne is crying.” I said as I saw Cayenne get up from the table and head out the door very quickly, and I could almost hear her sob.
“ I really never got to meet her, but I saw her walk by our studio door a couple of times that was all, man you know in away I feel bad for her you know.” Nick said as he turned and saw Cayenne run out of the dining hall.
“ Yeah me too, it must not be easy living in her mother's shadow, because people want her to be just like her, and I think she is just trying to get some attention from her mother too. From what I know of her, all Monica cares about is her fame and not her children.” I said looking away from the door that Cayenne ran out and now trying to focus on eating my chicken sandwich too.
Through out lunch I really didn't hear what was going on around me, because I was thinking about Cayenne, and how bad her; her sister and two brothers lives really are and now truly understand why she acts the way she does.
“ You mean Cayenne has siblings?” Harley asked almost choking on her drink.
“ Yes she has a sister and two brothers, and believe it or not Bryant is her brother and you know Angela well that's her sister as is Charles.” I said as looked around the room and pointed out Cayenne's sister and brothers to the guys.
“ Well I better get going and get the stuff ready for Jerry, I'll see you guys later.” Nick said ten minutes later, after he finished drinking his third bottle of water.
“ Ok see you later, I better get going too, and pick up my stuff for class too.” I said finishing off my fries and getting up with Nick.
We both said bye to Harley and Andrea before heading out of the dining hall. I went straight to my cabin while Nick turned left and headed for the music cabin.
I grabbed my stuff and headed over to the music cabin and through out the class I noticed that Cayenne didn't show up, but I learned later that she was in the medical cabin, due to heat stroke.
And for the next couple of days afterwards I noticed that after our music classes she would go to her cabin and stay there most of the day.
Now she is making me wonder what in hell is she up too, and time will only tell what it is too.
Chapter 9 by Nessie
Chapter 9
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster

I walked down to the lake and that’s were I found Nick sitting under a tree playing his guitar.
“ Hey there cutie.” I said coming up to the tree and sitting down beside him.
“ Hey there Lay. Did you bring that music that we were working on before we came here?” Nick asked me as he looked over to me and giving me a smile.
“ Yes I did and here it is. I just hope that we can do it without my dad knowing about it, you know how he is with me wanting to be in the music business.” I said opening my notebook and handing it over to him.
“ Yeah does your dad still don’t know that you did that CDmax?” Nick asked as he looked down at the song and began scanning it to see if he wanted to add anything else to it.
“ Are you kidding me if daddy found out he would have my head, you know how he feels about me being in the business.” I said taking my guitar out of the case and sitting down beside him.
“ Yeah, but I don’t know why he is so against you for doing an album, because you have such a beautiful voice, and you can make lots of money for your dad, but I guess it’s his lose then.” Nick said as he picked up his guitar and began playing a melody.
“ I like that.” I said as I stopped playing the guitar and just listen to what Nick was playing.
“ Oh this it’s a song that I was working on, but the only thing was I didn’t have lyrics to the song so I was thinking that maybe this song will work instead.” He said as he looked up at me and gave me smile.
“ Oh I see the funny thing is I didn’t have a song for this lyrics and I was hoping that you could help me with it.” I said as moved over to him so that way I could look at the words and I began singing the words.
While he played I sang and then we would stop and make a couple of changes and then started at the began again and this time we made it all the way through with out having to stop and make any changes.
“ I believe we have it, I was thinking about what I would like to do when we leave here.” Nick said as he put the guitar down and turned so that way he could look at me.
“ I know what you mean I was thinking the same thing, maybe we could go down to the keys and see the races that are going to be happing there.” I said just as he began to lean into me and started kissing me.
Little did we know that Kristy had followed me and she was standing behind a tree.
“ I got something on you now miss goody goody.” Kristy said to herself as she turned around and headed back to her cabin and to show Cayenne what she had gotten.
“ Well It’s getting time for lunch so I think we better get going.” I said standing up and putting the guitar back into it’s case.
“ Damn I was suppose to met Jerry and go over a couple of things for tomorrow.” Nick said as he too began putting up his guitar and then handing me my notebook.
“ Ok then see you later.” I said before turning away and heading back to my cabin.
“ Hey guys, you ready for lunch.” I said as I came into the cabin.
“ Oh hey Layla, yeah I’m ready to go to lunch any time that you are.” Harley said as she looked up from the book that she was reading.
“ Yeah I’m getting hungry too.” Andrea said as she put her script down on her bed.
“ Ok let me put this stuff up and then we can head on down to the dinning hall.” I said sliding the case under the bed and then going over to the trunk and unlocking it and putting the note book down inside the false bottom.
Once everything was put up we left the cabin and made our way over to the dining hall.
“ I wonder what we have for lunch.” Andrea said as we walked into the dining hall.
“ I believe we are having pizza today.” Harley said as we got in line and saw what everyone was grabbing.
I grabbed two slices of pizza before looking for something to drink. Once I got my drink and headed off towards my table.
I sat down and was just adding the graded cheese to my pizza when there was a shadow come across my plate.
“ Well well it seems that our little goody goody too shoes does have a secret and guess it will be me to tell everyone here what I know.” Cayenne said in her really snobby self again.
“ Oh really and what do you know about me that is a secret.” I said just as Harley and Andrea sat down at the table.
“ It seems that you and Nick seemed to be way to chummy, and that you were seen making out with each other.” Cayenne said in with a snare.
“ What is she talking about Lay, you and Nick.” Harley said almost choking on her pizza.
“ Well it seems that you don’t have all your facts straight Cayenne, and who ever your spy is don’t really know the whole truth.” I said just as I saw Jerry come in followed by Nick and he just motion for me to follow them.
“ Well someone is in trouble now.” Cayenne said as she gave me and evil smile.
“ We will see about that.” I said as I followed Jerry and Nick into another room of the dining hall.
“ Layla please have a seat, there is something that I want to get straight before I let you finish your lunch.” Jerry said as he sat down on one of the tables.
“ Ok I hope that I’m not in trouble or any thing.” I asked sitting down in a chair next to the table.
“ I got word from someone in the camp that she caught you and Nick here making out in the woods.” Jerry said as he looked from me and then to Nick.
“ What I can’t kiss my own girlfriend, Jerry.” Nick said as he came up behind me and began rubbing my shoulders.
“ What are you telling me that the two of you are seeing each other?” Jerry asked as his eyes almost bugged out of his head.
“ That is what I’m telling you Jerry that Layla and I are dating.” Nick said as he looked straight at Jerry and begging him not to say a word to anyone.
“ Ok I understand now, and you don’t have to worry about me tell your father or anyone for that matter. Well I guess we should get back to eating our lunch.” Jerry said as he stood up and headed for the doors and out to the main dining area.
Nick and I followed him and I went back to my seat with Andrea and Harley and began eating my pizza again.
After lunch we headed back to our cabins and then we got our bathing suites on and hit the pool.
Chapter 10 by Nessie
Chapter 10
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster

“ Morning Daddy?” I said as I walked back to the cabin after having breakfast.
“ Hey Princess, so how is things going at camp and do you have some names for me?” my dad asked as he pulled out of his pad of paper and grabbing a pen.
“ Um… yeah I do but can you give me a couple of minutes I have to get my PDA from my trunk.” I said heading into the cabin and making my way over to my trunk.
“ Ok, Your mom and I will be at the show to see how you and these people are. And speaking of one of those people how are things going with Mr. Carter?” daddy asked as he looked up as my mom walked into his home office and handed him his coffee.
“ Every thing is fine, ok lets see names. Found them you ready to write them down?” I asked as turned on the PDA and went into the screen that had the names written down in it.
“ I’m ready when ever you are sweetie.” Dad said as mom left the room and headed back into the kitchen and helped the cook get the food on the table for breakfast.
“ Ok the first person I have is Andrea.” I said coming to the first name and noticed the two crosses next to her name.
“ Ok, is Ms. Andrea one of your cabin mates and best friend?” dad asked as he remembered Andrea.
“ Yeah her father is one of the producers and songwriters that works for you, um… his name is Josh.” I said trying to remember who Andrea’s father was.
“ Oh yeah he is one of our best writers and producers, ok the next person.” Daddy said as he put down Josh’s name next to Andrea’s and what he does.
“ Ok the next person is Tiffany.” I said almost afraid to hear what dad had to say about her.
“ Tiffany isn’t she one of the girls that hung around with that snobby little bitch Cayenne.” Dad said as he remembered her from last year.
“ Yeah she is one of Cayenne’s little followers, her mom is a backup singer for Cher and her dad is a new song writer.” I said looking down at the notes that I have next to her name too.
“ Oh really, what are her parents name then?” dad asked sounding like he was interested in her parents.
“ Um… Marvin and Cynthia.” I said looking down at the names that I had written down.
“ Ok and the next person.” Dad said as he was waiting for the next name.
“ Ok the next person is Paul, and no I don’t really know what his parents do or their names, that‘s because he really don’t hang out with me and my group.” I said as Harley and Andrea came in and they went straight for their beds and they both laid down.
“ Ok, and the other names just give them all to me at the same time because breakfast is ready and you know how your mother is when we are late for breakfast, lunch and dinner.” He said with a laugh as my mom came back into his office and gave him that look that it was time for breakfast.
“ Ok well the other name is my friend Harley, and her parents are both famous producers and writers also, and she wants to be a producer.” I said as I had left the cabin and began heading down to the dock and founding a spot and sat down.
“ Oh ok I will have her down as a producer then, any more names?” dad said as he put producer by Harley’s name.
“ Ok here are the rest of the names Jon, Fred, Nellie, Tiffany, Bryan, Phillip, Charles, Kelly, Sandra, Matt, Tonya, Kristy and Angela.” I said as I read off the rest of the names to him.
“ Ok thanks well I have to get going and eat breakfast before it gets cold, you have a great day and fun. Love you Princess.” Dad said before hanging up his phone.
“ Ok thanks have a great day too, and love you too.” I said hanging up before getting up and headed back to the cabin just as the rain drops began to fall.
I walked into the cabin and put my PDA back into the trunk and locking it up, I looked around the cabin and saw that both Harley and Andrea where sound asleep, I laid down on my bed and falling asleep as I listen to the rain fall down on the roof and the sound of thunder clashing thru the sky.
Chapter 11 by Nessie
Chapter 11
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster

“ Mom and dad it’s so great to see you both.” I said as my parents showed up at the camp and I gave them both hugs and kisses.
“ It’s so great to see you too sweetie, so are you going to show us your cabin?” mom said as we stood in the middle of the dining hall.
“ Um… sure follow me, you will have to forgive the mess that’s because we are still in the process of packing up our things.” I said as we headed off towards the cabin.
“ That’s ok we understand, hello Jerry I can’t wait to see what the kids have been working on this time around.” My dad said as we come across Jerry who was walking down to his cabin also.
“ Hey, I can’t wait for you and the others to see what they kids have come up with too, they have worked very hard this year. Well see you guys in an hour.” Jerry said as we came up to his cabin.
Dad just nodded and we continue on our way to my cabin.
“ Well here it is, and if you head down this trail it will take you down to the dock.” I said as I pointed out the path that headed down to the dock.
I opened the door and sure enough there were stuff here and there has Harley and Andrea was sitting in the middle of the mess.
“ Hey guys you remember my mom and dad.” I said as we walked into the room.
“ Yeah and it’s nice to see you guys again, Mr. and Mrs. Duphis.” Andrea said as she looked up and saw my parents standing in the door way.
“ Hello Andrea and Harley, so are you guys going to be in the talent show today.” Dad said as his phone began to ring.
He stepped outside the cabin and began talking to the manager of the Backstreet Boys.
Two hours later and it was my time to go out on stage to do my song that I have been working on.
“ Hey every one this is a song that I wrote and it’s called It Was You, hope you like it.” I said as I stepped up to the microphone and introduced my song that I was doing.

It Was You
When I think of what I've been through
I can see that you've always been there for me
To tell the truth I don't know what I'd do
Without you, none of my dreams would have come true.

(You are the one) that I have called for.
(Now my life) means so much more
(Now we can be) together forever
(Forever just you and me)
Me here for you
You here for me
You

[Chorus:]
It was you who showed me I got a friend in you
I always knew that you'd be right here for me
And it was you who stuck with me when the skies where blue
And it was you who stayed by my side, it was you!

Since the day you came in my life
I knew then that you'd be someone right by my side
Then you proved you're a friend to me
In my heart, forever you will always be

(You are the one) the one (that I had hoped for) I've been hopin'
(Now my life) means (means so much more) means so much to me
(Now we can be together forever) Together you and me
(Just you and me)
(There for each other)
And I knew it was you

[Repeat Chorus 2x]
It was you who was always right by my side
And I just can't do it; you helped me through it
We're friends forever, like best friends should be
You'll always be
a special part of me!

It was you!

[Repeat Chorus 2x]
It was you who showed me I got a friend
I always knew that you'd be right there
It was you who stuck with me when skies where blue
It was you!. I knew that I could count on you

[Repeat Chorus]
You are a friend to me. It was you.

“ Thank you so very much Layla, ok are you ready for our final act, while they are performing our judges will be adding up their votes so that way we can announce the winner after the final number.” Jerry said as he stepped to the microphone.
Five minutes later, we all got up on stage and began performing our final number with Nick.
“ Ok give a big hand for the camp chorus weren’t they great, ok and now to our winner of the show, and the winner is Layla. Not only is she a winner of the talent show but she is also going to be recording a song with Nick and the rest of the Backstreet Boys.” Jerry said as he announced that I had won the talent show.
“ Oh my I can’t believe that you, wait a minute, you are the person Kayla who has that number one hit song out now.” My dad said as he put two and two together and came up that it was my voice that he had heard on the CD that mom played for him in the car on the way up here.
“ Um… yes sir that was me that you had heard on the radio, and I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you, because I know how you feel about me wanting to be in the music business.” I said looking at my dad and hoping he understand what I was trying to tell him.
“ Well I guess I should say congratulation on a number one song and even album, I’m so very proud of you.” Dad said as has he gave me a hug and kiss.
Afterwards we headed back to the cabins and loaded up the car with my stuff, and if you want to know something I really feel sorry for Cayenne, can you say that she totally froze up on stage, but that was because her mom got a phone call in the middle of her song.
I said good bye to Harley and Andrea and told them that I would see them next week in the studio.
I got into the car and my parents and I headed straight for home.

Chapter 12 by Nessie
Chapter 12
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster

“ Hey Layla are you ready to record the song.” Howie asked as Nick and I walked into the booth.
“ Yeah let’s do this, and my dad is letting me record my second album but this time it will be under my real name, and I would love to have this song on the album.” I said coming over to the mixer and picking up my copy of the song.
“ That is such great news Layla.” He said as we all headed into the recording room.
“ Ok guys let’s take it from the top.” Harley said as she and Andrea sat in the seat behind the recorder.
The music began and I started the song.
From This Moment
By Shania Twain

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on
From this moment
I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love
I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you
Can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

Your the reason I believe in love
And your the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you
As long as I live
From this moment on
mmmmmmm

“ Ok guys that’s a wrap, and I will see you guys later in the week so you all can work on your next album.” The producer said to the Backstreet Boys as we finished the song and came into the sound booth.
“ Ok we’ll see you later in the week then, you ready to go and get something to eat Nick?” Brian asked as we all walked out of the door.
“ No, Layla and I are going somewhere quiet for lunch.” Nick said as we headed off towards his car.
Andrea and Harley got into Andrea’s car and headed off towards her house so they could go swimming in her pool.
“ Ok we’ll see you later in the week then, bye Layla.” Kevin said as he and Brian got into his car.
“ Bye Kevin had a great time have a great lunch.” I said as we reached Nick’s car.
We got in and Nick took off as he took us towards the marina.
“ I thought we go out on the boat for a while, so that way we won’t be bugged by people while we eat our lunch.” Nick said as he drove us to the marina.
“ That sounds like a great idea, because I’m really not in the mood to deal with anyone.” I said as looked up and saw a couple of white puffy clouds.
We finally got to the marina and we walked into the small restaurant and had them fix us some food to go so that way we could eat on the boat.
Three hours later Nick drove me home and we went inside and it was there that my dad invited Nick to stay for dinner and then later on stay for the weekend, because we were going out on the yacht.
Later that night I got ready for bed and climbed in to bed and began writing a song, and before to long I was falling sound asleep. I began having a dream that Nick and I stayed together for a very long time and we even got married. Now that is what I called happy ever after.

The End
6/2/10
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11351