How Did I Fall In Love With You? by ajsmyreasony
Summary: Why would Howie be calling at this time of night?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1459 Read: 983 Published: 03/29/15 Updated: 03/29/15
Story Notes:
Not true...

I wrote this probably right after the song was released, after all these years I still have a soft spot for anything and EVERYTHING Howie writes :)

1. How Did I Fall in Love With You by ajsmyreasony

How Did I Fall in Love With You by ajsmyreasony

 The shrill ring of my phone was what made me jump out of bed quicker then JC on acid( heheh sorry) at 3:30 this morning. Stumbling quickly for the phone I checked the caller ID I had.



“ this better be so fucking important D it’s not
even funny!!!!” I hissed as I picked up already knowing it was my best friend  Howie.



“ um well ...yeah it kinda is” he stumbled



“ Howie what’s wrong...is it one of the guys
...please tell me it’s not Brian ..what’s wrong” his stumbling struck something in me. Why was he calling so late? Something had to be wrong D would never call this late for nothing.



 “Nothings wrong with one of the guys... I um just had to call and tell you something  and I kinda just got the nerve to do it now so I figured what the hell might as well do it now so if your mad at me you can be mad at me for both things at the same time and get it over with but then again if your not mad for why I called just the fact that I called this late then this is not going to work out like I .....”



“ Whoa take a breath boy.. That was one hell of a
run on sentence there ...what’s wrong you only babble when something wrong your lying to me” I cringed waiting for his reply. Still waiting I heard a faint sound like a tuned hum...then



 



 



“Remember when


We never needed each other


The best of friends



Like sister and brother



We understood



We’d never be



Alone”



 



“Howie what are you doing?” I asked but got no reply he just kept singing. So I shut my mouth waiting for him to stop.



 









“Those days are gone



Now I want you so much



The night is long



And I need your touch



Don’t know what to say



Never meant to feel this way







Don’t wanna be alone tonight



 



What can I do to make you mine



Falling so hard, so fast this time



What did I say, what did you do



How did I fall in love with you



 



I hear your voice



And I start to tremble



Brings back the child



That I resemble



I cannot pretend



That we can still be friends



Don’t wanna be alone tonight




 



I wanna say this right



And it has to be tonight



Just need you to know



I don’t wanna live this lie



I don’t wanna say goodbye



With you I wanna spend the rest of my life



 



 



What can I do to make you mine



Falling so hard, so fast this time



Everything’s changed, we never knew



How did I fall in love with you” he finally stopped. He said nothing but just
stopped.



 



“Howie talk to me...what’s going on.....Howard?” I sighed fustratedly. What was he saying...what was he doing? was he high? I know sometimes I don’t get him all the way but this was just scaring me. He sounded so ...so ...so needed and wanting when he sang, I’ve never heard him like that before.



 



“ I’m saying I love you and I don’t want to be just friends any more.” he whispered.



“Howie NO..don’t say that....please....” I gasped at his words and the way he said them.



“ why I’m not aloud to tell my best friend the truth?”










“ Not when it’s that you love me......Howie I’m sorry but that’s just not how I feel...you know that.....why’d you do this D why?” I started to feel tears in my eyes but would not let them fall. I refused to let them fall I had to be strong. I hung up ...yeah that was strong.....that was great ....that’s was STUPID I just hung up on my best friend...my best friend who just confessed he loved me.... he loved me like I loved him. I couldn’t do this not to him.....loving me is wrong it would never work he’d be ruined. Why did he have to call...why’d he have to sing.....why’d he have to finally return my love?



 



Two days passed with
nothing . I wouldn’t pick up the phone every time it rang even if it wasn’t Howie. I’m sure by now I have a few people worried about me, but I really didn’t care. I hadn’t left my bed since his call...his call that changed my destiny...huh that’s kinda ironic...he sings “How Did I Fall in Love With You”....and I’m sitting he quoting “The Call” I guess the new CD really is being put to use.



  So
Howie loved me after how many years of me looking at him with dreamy eyes ? I owed it to my self to take this chance....hell I owed it to him too! He took a chance by calling that night. I had to explain my self I had to tell him why I flipped out. I had to tell him I loved him to.



Getting to Howie’s was the easy part of my plan it was getting out of the car once I was there that was hard. I sat in my car for a good twenty minutes thinking of reasons I should just go back home.



1) He wouldn’t want me now I hung up on him.



2) This would be hell for us both.



3) I’m a chicken shit that is too scared to even get out of my car let alone go up there any talk to him.



Number three was wining on the why nots. After another ten minutes of sitting there I opened the door, put my foot on the ground and pushed my self up and out of the car. Ok I’m out now I have to walk to the door. That was surprisingly easy. Now ring the bell...there ya go bring the hand up and oh wow you did it you pushed the lil button. I waited...and waited and waited..by the sounds of things you’d think I waited for days but it was only seconds. The door cracked open Howie’s head popped out ( oh bad thought).



“ What do you want?” he said softly with a semi harsh tone



“ I want to talk...can I come in ?” I pleaded.



His door opened wider to allow me to walk past him and into the living room.



“ So talk” he hissed.










“ Look don’t be mad at me ... I’m sorry...I just... I ... hell I don’t know...what I’m saying.” I stepped closer to him cause I felt I was yelling across the room with him standing as far away from me as he was.



“ Howie I don’t know what to say, but I’m here to say something .....but please don’t be mad at me I couldn’t handle that.” I whispered looking down.



“ You hung up on me..... in all our time of being friends you’ve never hung up on me....”



“ I was scared” I explained



“ Of what me?”



“No of my self”



“ Of your self... I don’t get you sometimes” he shook his head disbelievingly so I knew I had to prove it to him. I had to show him what I was afraid of. Stepping closer to him slowly so he wouldn’t jump back I put my hand to his cheek. His soft smooth cheek, I ran my thumb over his cheek bone before  letting my lips slowly meet his. They were so sweet and soft. I though I died and gone to heaven, the years I spent dreaming what his lips felt like never did my mind do them justice.



“ What was that?” he stumbled back.



“ I’m sorry I just had to .. I know you most likely don’t love me any more, but I had to do that cause I didn’t know what else to say...so I guess what I’m saying is I love you I know it’s.......” his lips shut me up.



“ Now your rabbling....” he smiled.” so what does
this mean?” he looked down.



“ it means I love you too.. I always have I was just scared me loving you could do so much to you I didn’t want to ruin you”



“ Loving you and having you love me back could never be a bad thing...” he paused as he stepped closer to me again. “ I love you AJ”



“ I love you too Howie” I smiled warmly at him
leaning in once more. “ I mean how could I not”



 



 



 



THE END



 








This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11358