Pleasant Dreams by Stephanie
Summary: What happens when your dreams tell you something about your future? What if they could hold the secrets of the life you have? What if they could show you just what it is you need to be happy? But what if they also show you something you didn't want to see?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Science Fiction
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 13869 Read: 14930 Published: 11/09/03 Updated: 01/03/04

1. Chapter 1 by Stephanie

2. Chapter 2 by Stephanie

3. Chapter 3 by Stephanie

4. Chapter 4 by Stephanie

5. Chapter 5 by Stephanie

6. Chapter 6 by Stephanie

7. Chapter 7 by Stephanie

8. Chapter 8 by Stephanie

Chapter 1 by Stephanie
Chapter 1

"I can't believe it's finally here," Natalie said as she beamed proudly. Her best friend, Karen smiled at her. She was happy that her best friend had found the person that she decided was worth spending her entire life with.

"Me either, but you don't know how happy I am for you," Karen asnwered.

"I think I might," Natalie replied as she smiled brightly and then laughed. Karen giggled and shook her head.

"Yeah, I guess you do," she replied.

"I'm just so nervious," Natalie said as she began to play with her dress and her hair.

"Relax. Everything's going to be alright. You look beautiful, you're going to knock everyone's socks off hun, don't worry."

"Yeah well, I just don't want to pass out in front of everyone because I'm that nervious," she told Karen.

"Don't worry you won't," Karen assured her, "everything is going to go great. We've gone through this all before. Besides, there isn't anyone out there that you don't know. There's no reason for you to be nervious. It's going to be a beautiful wedding."

"What if Nick changes his mind and doesn't want to marry me? I don't know what I would do if that happened. I wouldn't be able to take the embarasment."

"Now that's just crazy talk right there. Nat, Nick loves you. He wouldn't have asked you to marry him if he didn't. He wouldn't have gone through all this trouble if he didn't, alright? Relax and think positive thoughts. Think about the things you're going to do to him on your honeymoon alright." Natalie laughed and smiled at Karen.

"I just can't help being nervious," she answered.

"It's okay, just don't let it get to you. Like I said, everything is going to be alright. Just when you get out there look at Nick, alright? Think about how this is the beginning of a wonderful life with someone who cares about you and would never hurt you. 'Cause if he did, I'd kick his ass." Natalie laughed again and shook her head.

"Thank you."

"Anything to keep you from puking from a panic attack," Karen joked.

"Haha, very funny," she said sarcasticaly.

"Hey, it wasn't far from the truth you have to admit it."

"Shut up."

"A simple be quiet would safice." Natalie smiled as she turned her attention to look at herself in the mirror again. She started to push back a few stray strands of hair that had fallen loose from her bun.

"You look great. Stop looking in the mirror."

"I just want to make sure everything is perfect," she said, most of her attention was directed towards looking into the mirror.

"I hope I don't act like this when I get married," Karen said to herself.

"Don't worry, you won't," Natalie answered.

"Yeah I'm just going to walk down and say I do and lets get the honeymoon started," Karen said to her.

"No, I meant get married," Natalie joked as she glanced back at Karen.

"Haha," Karen replied, "just give me some time. There are a lot of jerks out there ya know. You got lucky and found a good one!"

"Yeah and I'm going to keep him," she replied.

"You better. He'd get picked up quickly if you dropped him."

"He's not your type Karen," she replied.

"Hey I never said that I wanted him. I just said that he was a good guy. That doesn't mean I want to jump on him."

"You better not," Natalie smiled.

"I'm gonna go after J. That man's fine."

"And engaged."

"A small problem."

"Small? He's in love Karen. Leave him alone," Natalie warned her friend.

"Why do you take everything I say so seriously? I'm not going to break anyone up. Hey things are the way they are for a reason. That and I'm sure Sarah could kick my ass in a heart beat."

*Meanwhile*

"Well Nicky, I thought you were going to be the last to get married," Howie said as he looked at his 'brother.'

"Why, cause you're 'Sweet D' and you thought you could beat me to the punch?" Nick asked as he looked over at Howie and grinned.

"No, cause you're only 22 and only a year ago you were happy single."

"People change D. Life changes. I've changed and thats because of Natalie. She's everything that I've dreamed of in a woman. Why wouldn't I want to make her a perminate part of my life?"

"Marriage is a big thing," Howie replied.

"I know that."

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"I if I wasn't, I wouldn't be here right now," Nick assured him, "don't worry. I know I'm doing the right thing. I know it."

"I know you are," Howie replied.

"Then what's with all the questions?"

"Just to be safe," Howie answered.

"Safe?" Nick asked confussed.

"To make sure that you're both ready for this. I can see you are, I just wanted to hear you say you were."

"D, you're crazy," Nick said as he sat back in the chair that was by the door. Howie smiled as he looked at his friend.

"When do we start?"

"Soon."

"Guys," Brian said as he walked into the room. In his tux, matching the one that Nick and Howie were wearing, "don't you think we should start getting ready?"

"I'm in my tux, you're in yours Howie's in his. Are Kev and J dressed?" Nick asked.

"Yeah," Brian answered.

"Then we're ready. It's only gonna take a minute or two to get where we need to be. We still have time," Nick told him as he walked over to the window and looked out.

"Nervious Nick?" Brian asked.

"A little bit," he answered.

"I just went by Nat and Karens room, she looks beautiful. You're very lucky."

"Thanks," Nick said to him, "I know."

"Yo, we gotta get moving," AJ yelled as he came into the room clapping his hands, "chop chop fellas!" The guys started to walk out of the room one after another. Then AJ noticed that Nick was still at the window.

"Hey, this your wedding man," AJ said as he put his hand on Nicks shoulder, "you kinda need to get your ass out there and marry that woman."

"I'm just a little nervious J," Nick replied.

"It's okay to be nervious man, but there isn't anything to be worried about. You love this woman right?"

"Of course I do," Nick answered him.

"And you're used to being in front of crowds right?"

"Yeah," Nick said softly.

"Then there's nothing you should be worried about. It's all going to go fine. Everything was checked over this morning. Everyone's here, everything's set up. We're ready to go dude."

"Alright then, let's go," Nick said and walked out of the room. AJ sighed and shook his head and then quickly followed Nick out. They arrived in the altar only moments later. Nick walked to his place and took a deep breath. He wanted to hide the fact that he was nervious. He was doing a good job. Thank god for him being able to assume mulitple personalities. Brian tapped Nick on the shoulder and nodded at him.

"Congrats," he whispered. Nick nodded back to him and then turned to look at everyone who was in attendence for the most important moment in his life. Nothing else had even come close to comparing to the joy that he felt right now. He was about to give everything to the woman that he had loved with all of his heart. This was right. He felt it in his heart. Soon the music began to softly fill the room. As Nick took a breath and the smell of all of the flowers consumed his sences. He made a mental note to himself about the beauty that was brought to his wedding by something that alone was so simple.

He opened his eyes after taking in the scent. His eyes once again began to wonder over all of the people that had travled, some futher than others, to be there for him. His family, her family. Friends from so many times in there lives were there. It was so amazing to see how all these people came together to watch these two people give there lives to one another. Nick sighed softly. Part of him was happy that the wedding was so big and complex, while there was another part of him that just wanted something simple. Something intimate. This was what Natalie wanted so he was more than happy to give her the wedding she always dreamed of.

Suddenly a strange feeling overtook Nick. The pace of his breath began to quicken. Brian looked over at Nick in confussion when he noticed that something was up with Nick. He walked over to Nick, put his hand on his shoulder and leand towards Nicks ear.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"I don't know, but I'm not feeling too good," Nick whispered back.

"You think you're gonna throw up or something? Do you need to go to the bathroom before we get started?" Brian asked.

"Yeah that might be a good idea. I'll be right back," Nick said as he walked out of the room and towards the back towards a bathroom. When he arrived there, he looked at himself in the mirror and took in a deep breath. What the hell was wrong with him? This was supposed to be the happiest day of his life. He shouldn't be feeling this sick about it. Nick leanded over the sink and started to think about what it was that may have caused this. Nothing. It was probably just nerves he assured himself. Some people handel it differently than others. That's when he heard it. Three loud poping sounds and the most horrific scream that he had ever heard.

"Natty," he said to himself softly. His eyes widened in fear and he ran over to where Natalie was supposed to be getting dressed. When he arrived, his breathing had become labored. He found that the door was open slightly. So he knocked.

"Natty, are you in there?" he asked and then he knocked again, "Natty?" He took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Natalie was lying on the floor. Her white dress was stained with the dark red color of her blood.

"No," Nick said to himself softly. He couldn't fight the tears that had begun to build in his eyes. He dropped to his knees, next to the woman who was about to be his wife. She was gone. Murdered.
Chapter 2 by Stephanie
Chapter 2

Nick shot up from his bed. He was covered in sweat and his breath was labored. His heart was pounding and his hands were shaking. His eyes drifted over to his clock, it was 9AM. The sun was shining into his room brightly and the birds were singing as if everything was normal. Nothing was normal. He had just awoken from a dream that was unlike any he had ever had. Nick whiped the sweat from his head and then walked into the bathroom and started the shower. He sighed when he heard the phone ring. He walked back into the bedroom and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nick, whats up?" Brians voice came, cheerful as usual.

"Yo man, I gotta tell you about this dream that I had last night. It's really freaky," he answered as he walked back into the bathroom and shut off the water.

"Alright, I'm all ears man."

"Okay it was all at a wedding.. mine," Nick started.

"Yours?" Brian asked.

"Yeah mine. That's not that point. Anyway, you guys were all there and everything. The girls name was Natalie. It looked like a great day ya know? I could even smell the flowers this dream was so real. Anyway, we all went to the alter to get started right and then I felt kinda sick so I ran back to the bathroom and I heard these three poping sounds which turned out to be gun shots. I ran to where the girl, Natalie, was and she'd been shot."

"Dude, you need to stop eating frozen pizza before you go to sleep at night."

"I don't do that any more but I don't think that would have made me have a dream that was so vivid. I told you, I even smelt the flowers!!"

"Did you go out drinking last night or something?" Brian asked.

"No Brian! I was home the whole night," he answered, "I don't know what the fuck this was all about but it seemed too real for it to be good."

"Nick it was a dream. Sometimes they feel real. I mean come on, you getting married? Not anytime soon, sorry man, but you know it's true. It's just a werid dream."

"Yeah well, it just seemed to weird for me to dismiss like it's nothing," Nick answered.

"Come on Nick, you mean you've never had a dream that seemed real before?"

"Not as real as this one. Bri you would really think it was real. Just work with me here alright?" Nick said to him.

"Whatever Nick," Brian answered, "well, I'll talk to you later alright? You're still going to AJ's house party thing?" Brian asked.

"Yeah."

"Alright so I'll see ya there," Brian said to him and then hung up the phone. Nick sighed and then walked back into the bathroom and started his shower again.

*Later*
Nick pulled his car into AJ's drive way and shut off the engine. He sighed and stepped out of the car and started to walk towards AJ's house. He could already hear the music. It sounded like everyone was already having fun. When Nick reached AJ's backyard, AJ walked right over to him.

"Hey Nick how's it goin'?" AJ said.

"Alright I guess," he answered.

"You guess? What's up man?"

"Nothin. Just a little tired. I was having trouble sleeping last night that's all," Nick lied. It wasn't a complete lie so he was happy with what he had told him.

"Alright. Hey, I want you to meet someone," AJ said taking Nicks arm.

"AJ what are you doing?"

"Introducing you to a friend of mine. I think you two would really hit it off. Come on, if you don't like her, you don't have to talk to her again. But if you do, then well, go right ahead and do something about it," AJ explained to him.

"Come on, I don't know."

"What's the harm in meeting her Nick? You've gotten good at brushing people off what's the difference. She's a girl you don't know just like all the others. So again I raise the question, what's the harm?"

"Fine," Nick reluctantly answered.

"Thank you."

"But you'd better not do this to me again. I can meet girls on my own, I don't need any help alright?" Nick told him.

"Alright Nick. Lets just go talk to this girl already." Nick nodded and they walked off towards the other end of AJ's backyard.

"Lee," AJ called and the girl turned, with a wide smile on her face. Nick looked at her and held back a gasp when he realized it was her, the girl from his dream, "This is Nick. Nick this is Natalie."

"Hi Nick," she said as she extended her arm for a hand shake. Nick nerviously reached out to greet her.

"Hi," he answered softly. Her smile remained bright on her face as he took her hand back from Nicks. He forced a smile to appear on his face. This couldn't be happening he thought. That was her, the girl he had dreamt about. The girl he dreamt he would marry. Down to every last detail, even her name.

"Don't talk much do you?" she asked.

"Huh? Sorry, I was kinda distracted. I didn't get much sleep last night, that's all," Nick answered trying to remain calm and in control of the situation.

"Well, I'm going to leave you guys alone," AJ said as he walked away from them.

"So Nick," she said to him, "is there something on your mind that you care to talk about?"

"No why?" he asked nerviously. How was he supposed to explain to her that he had saw her in a dream last night and they were about to get married but then someone shot her. Thats not really an ice breaker or a conversation getter.

"I don't know. Just trying to get a conversation going," she said. Nick let out his breath. He didn't know that he was even holding it.

"Oh sorry, I'm just a little jumpy. Forgive me."

"Yeah," she answered.

"Thank you."

"So Nick, tell me about yourself. How old are you? What do you like to do and stuff like that," she replied.

"Well, I'm 22. I love music and things like that. I play drums, I've been doing that since I was like 12-years-old so I've got a lot of practice. Um, I have four younger sibilings..." Nick said trying to think what to say to her. She smiled at him, seeing that he was having trouble talking to her.

"I'm 24 orginally from California but I moved to Florida because I felt like there was something out here calling me. I haven't found what that is yet, but I just know I'm supposed to be out here. As far as interests, music. Thats a big part of my life. Poetry, I love to write it and read it. I find it rather comforting to be able to put so many different emotions into words and have people relate to them. As far as any brothers or sisters, I don't have any. I'm an only child."

"So how'd you meet AJ?" Nick asked.

"Through some friends. I got invited to some party that AJ was at too and we started talking and we became friends."

"Cool. He didn't try to hit on you though did he?" She laughed at Nicks comment and smiled.

"No, he had a girlfriend. He made that clear from the beginning. Which I find respectable. I mean there aren't really a lot of guys that are gonna say, 'hey ya know what, I've got a girl so this is just a innocent conversation' you know?"

"Yeah, AJ's cool like that. Especailly when it comes to someone he loves."

"I can tell. I've only known him a couple months now but he had a good heart, but I wanna know more about you Nick," she said to him.

"There isn't really much to know about me."

"Come on, you aren't just some lost soul Nick. There's something to you. There's something to everyone," she told him, "Every person has a story. So Nick, what's yours?"

"I really don't have one. I've been with the group for most of my life and that's mainly what it's been all about. There really isn't too much about me other than that."

"You have to have interests!" she said jokingly.

"Of course I do!"

"Then tell me what they are," she said sweetly. Nick looked at her for a moment. He was still kind of nervious about talking to her. After all she was the girl from his dream.

"The ocean," he said as he finished his thought, "that's something I've loved for a really long time. It's just always so beautiful. I love to take my boat out to like no where and just sit out there. It's a great place to think. You're away from the rest of the world. There's nothing out there to bother you."

"That wasn't so hard now was it?" she joked when he finished.

"Yeah it was, I feel awful light headed," Nick joked back. Bringing his hand to his forehead. She laughed and he smiled. Damn it, he thought, I like her. What was he supposed to do if that dream came back? There was something about it that made Nick feel like he should pay attention to it. Though he really wasn't sure what exactly he had to look for.
Chapter 3 by Stephanie
Chapter 3

Nick pulled the key out of the ignition of his car after he'd pulled into his driveway. He let his head rest on the seat and shut his eyes. He had really hit it off well with Natalie. She was an amazing woman, but the dream was constantly with him. Maybe it was just some stupid nightmare, but then how was he able to imagine the woman that he'd just spent the day talking to? Was it purely coienceidence or was it trying to tell him something?

Finally, Nick opened the door to his car and walked into his house through the door in the garage. It was just all to strange that he would dream up this woman and meet her the next day. He walked into the kitchen and as he walked near the phone he stopped. Then he reached over towards the phone and dialed in a number that had become familiar to him over the years.

"Hello?" Brians voice came.

"Bri," Nick said, "I know you're going to think I'm nuts but just listen to me."

"Alright I'm listening," Brian replied. He couldn't wait to hear what this was all about.

"Remember that dream I told you about? Well I met her!! I met the girl in the dream. She was the girl I was with at AJ's party. Brian I tell you, her name was the same, she had the same personality, it was her," Nick spat out as quickly as he could.

"What?" Brian answered, completely doubting what Nick had just told him.

"Dude I'm serious. Her name was Natalie remember I told you? Well the girl I met today, her name was Natalie."

"Nick, that was just a coincidence. Natalie isn't really a rare name ya know."

"Brian, come on. This has got to mean something. Someone's trying to tell me something."

"What the hell are you talking about? Just because you had some silly dream? It was nothing. I mean I would understand if the girl you dreamt name's was, oh I don't know something that was just totally wacky, then you met a girl with the same name, then maybe I might go along with you, but come on this isn't something that's all that strange."

"To you it might not be, but to me it is. This is something just too crazy for me to ignore," Nick replied.

"Nick this is just crazy. There is no way that whatever you dreamt is going to happen. That's just impossible," Brian told Nick. His voice was stern, telling Nick that he wasn't up for a debate about it.

"Brian look, what if you had a dream about meeting Leighanne before you met her?"

"Then I guess I would call her my dream girl."

"Now what if that dream girl was murdered?"

"Nick please. Was this girl that you met today murdered?"

"No Brian but that's because in my dream she was killed at our wedding. We didn't get married today."

"You believe you're going to get married anytime soon?"

"It's possbile Brian. It's like you told me, when you know you know right? How do you know I won't 'know' soon?"

"Nick you're talking crazy man."

"Okay, how 'bout this, since you don't want to believe I'm not going to get married soon, in the dream we're the ages that we are now so that I would know what she looks like now. Ya know, so I know what's coming and who to look for?"

"Now, maybe we should get you some help. Maybe you need someone to talk to..."

"I'm not crazy! You've got to believe me! I have a strange feeling about all of this. Something is going to happen. Maybe she won't be murdered, but something is going to happen to her and I'll be damned if I let that happen," Nick yelled.

"Don't let this get to you. It's just a dream," Brian said hoping that Nick would finally give in, though he knew that was a long shot.

"No Brian. This has happened to me before," Nick confessed.

"What?" Brian asked, confussed.

"I've had dreams that have come true before. It's always been minor things. Like fights and stuff like that. Nothing that could be a matter of life and death. This is something that's going to happen and I know it."

"Are you tyring to tell me that you have some kind of superpowers and you can see into the future?" Brian asked, not the slightest bit convinced.

"No. It's not like that Brian. It's never the whole thing. Just a little piece of it as long as I'm somehow invovled and can see what happened. I usually forget about it until it's in the middle of happening."

"Are you feeling alright Nick? I think you might be coming down with something," Brian said after a moment. He wasn't sure what to say about what Nick was telling him.

"Why do you think somethings wrong with me?? Granted, yeah I pull a lot of pranks and I know this sounds crazy but you have to believe that this is something that is important. If you aren't going to help me figure all this out then I'll do it myself."

"Nick try to think about this from my side. You're calling me up telling me that you had a dream that a girl you just met was murdered. It sounds really crazy even you have to admit. Would you believe me if I called you up and started saying this stuff to you?"

"Yeah I would Brian. You know why? Because you're my best friend and I believe what you tell me because you wouldn't lie about anything that was serious. Why would I be any different? I know this sounds weird but it's something that I know in my heart that's going to happen. Why don't you believe me?"

"I'm sorry Nick. This isn't something that's normal. I mean I would help you if you got a phone call from someone threating to kill this girl, but you're just going by a dream. How do we know that this is actually going to happen?"

"How do you know it's not?"

"I'm going to hang up now Nick. I don't really feel like fighting about this."

"Why because it's not important to you? Just me?"

"No because this is so stupid."

"So what I believe in is stupid?"

"That's not what I said."

"It's what you meant though am I right?"

"Is this really worth fighting over?"

"Yes because it's what I believe in and I was always thought to fight for what you believe in no matter what anyone else says, not even the people closest to you."

"Yeah well think about this Nick, sometimes the people around you can see the situation a bit more clearly than you can and they're just looking out for you because they don't want you to get hurt and that's what I'm doing. I don't want you to run around looking for answers to something that's not going to happen."

"Don't I know what's best for myself?"

"Not if you think that what you're doing is best. It's going to bring you a lot of pain and confussion."

"I'm confussed right now Brian. All I want is answers! When I find them I'll be fine, but until then, it's going to haunt me."

"Look Nick, do what you feel like you need to do. I'm not going to stop you, but just make sure that you don't get in over your head. I don't want anything to happen to you man. Especially if this does turn out to be nothing."

"It's not 'nothing' Brian. I know it," Nick told him and then slammed down the phone.
Chapter 4 by Stephanie
Chapter 4

"Natty what's taking you so long?" Nick called as he remainded lying on the king size bed in his bedroom.

"Patience is a virtue," she called back.

"Yeah well it's one that I don't have," he told her.

"Then I'm just going to stay in here until you get it," she told him.

"You sure as hell better be kidding with me cause I'll knock that god damn door down," he answered as he stood from the bed.

"Then I'll leave," she warned.

"No you won't," he told her, "I won't let you."

"What makes you think you can make me stay?"

"Trust me. I have my ways," Nick answered as he took in the sent of the candles and flowers that were all around his room.

"What makes you think they'll work on me?" she said opening the bathroom door with her robe tied tightly around her waist.

"They haven't failed yet," he said as he walked over to her.

"So am I to believe you've had to convince women into staying here with you?" she asked.

"Just shut up and let me kiss you," he said as he leaned down and kissed her. She moaned softly as Nick put his hands on her hips. Slowly she let her arms go up and around Nicks neck.

"I love you," she mumbled when Nick pulled away.

"I love you too," he replied as he lifted her slowy off of the ground and walked her over to his bed and gently laid her down. Quickly he joined her on the bed, straddling her. Their lips met, igniting a passionate kiss. Natalie placed her hands softly on Nicks face as they continued their kiss. Nick slowly pulled away from the kiss and licked his lips, slowly. He then began to place soft kisses on her neck. A very soft moan escaped her lips. Her eyes began to wonder over the room that was only illuminated by strategicly placed candles.

Rose petals had accompanied the candles and were tossed upon the bed in which the couple now lay. Nicks hands slid down Natalies body and came to rope that held her robe shut. Gently he tugged on it causing it to open. Nick let his hands slide inside of her robe and slowly he began to remove it from her body.

He smiled to himself when he saw that she had nothing on underneath. Natalie let her hands slid slowly down Nicks back as he slowly lead his mouth down her body. She let her hands slip up into his t-shirt and quickly pulled it over his head. Nick started to slowly trail down her body, leaving soft kisses on her warm skin. A soft sigh escaped her.

"Nick," she whispered, "please, I want you."

"Whatever happened to patience is a virtue?" he whispered into her ear and then ran his tounge over it. She bit her lip as Nick began to nibble at her neck.

"I never said it was one that I had either," she replied. He laughed and then let his tounge glide down her neck. A loud moan came from her lips as he took one of her nipples into his mouth and began to suck. Her back arched to get herself closer to Nicks mouth. Natalie let her fingers tangle themselves into Nicks hair as he continued sucking. Her moans only becoming louder. Soon Nick moved his mouth to her other breast and repeated his actions.

"Oh god," she moaned. Nick soon let her breast free from his mouth and continued down. He let his tounge dip into her belly button and she sighed at the feeling. Nicks teeth grabbed onto the hoop earring that was on her navel. He gently tugged on it.

"I like this," he mumbled after he let the earring go. Nick let his lips capture hers in a slow sweet kiss. She moaned as she felt his tounge exploring her mouth. His mouth tasted so good. She never wanted the kiss to end, but she knew the best had yet to come. As they continued to kiss, Natalie let her hands slide down Nicks body and stopped when they arrived at the waistband of his sweat pants. Slowly, she slipped her fingers inside and began to pull them down. Nick kicked them off the rest of the way and then she let her hands slide back up his legs and to the waist band of his boxers.

Her hands slid down the sides and they came off of his body and joined the rest of his clothes on the floor. Nick moved himself so that he was positioned over her entrance. Slowly, he let his full length inside of her. They both gasped as waves of pleasure took over their bodies. Seconds later Nick began to thrust in and out of her. Her hips moved to meet his as his thrusts kept their pace.

Before Nick knew what was happening, Natalie had flipped them over so that she was on top. She ran her hands up his chest, stopping only to lightly trace the tattoos on his chest with her fingers. Natalie soon began to ride Nick. Moving up and down slowly. Too slowly for Nick so the attempted to thrust up hoping to make her move faster. Her hands quickly went to his hips and held them tightly. She then continued to move slowly. He wasn't sure how much more he could take. His hands went to her hips and tried to make her body move faster.

"Uh-uh Nicky," she replied. He whimpered as she stopped moving completely.

"This is killing me here," he whinned, "please move. Do something." She smiled and slowly began to move her hips in a circular motion against his. He moaned and let his hands travel up her body and capture her breast. He sat up and took it into his mouth and bit down.

"Shit," Natalie gasped into his ear. She began to thrust into his body faster. His length sliding in and out of her warmth. Nick let his hands go to her hips as he held them tight as he slammed himself into her.

"I'm almost there," he said to her his breath short and sweat beginning to form on his body, "move a little faster." Natalie let her hips move faster. Moaning she leand back, taking more of Nick into her. She bit her lip as she felt her climax taking over. Nick reached his peak first, shooting deep inside of her. Seconds later, Natalie climaxed and then dropped onto Nicks chest.

"God that was amazing," she said, her body still in heaven.

"Tell me about it," Nick replied, wrapping his arms around her.

"I love you," she told him as she snuggled closer to him.

"Love you too babe," he said as he lightly kissed the top of her head.

"I'm so lucky to have you."

"Yeah you are. I mean you're lucky that your name was the one that I pulled out of that hat. I couldn't read the first one. You're name just happened to be the back-up."

"Oh shut up," she said rolling her eyes.

"Seriously though," he said, "I'm glad that AJ got involved when I told him not to. We wouldn't be here right now otherwise."

"Maybe we would be. Fate has a way of finding you. If something is meant to be it's going to happen anyway it can."

"Ya think?" he asked.

"I know so," she said, starting to drift asleep.

"Me too," he whispered.
Chapter 5 by Stephanie
Chapter 5

"Nick did you hear that?" Natalie said sitting up and her eyes scanning the room. Nick looked at her, confussed.

"What I didn't hear anything," he replied rolling over, "go back to bed. You were probably just dreaming."

"No Nick I know I heard something," she told him. Her voice beginning to fill with anger. Nick sighed and then looked over at her.

"Would you feel better if I went and checked everything out?" he asked.

"Could you?"

"Yeah, if it'll make you feel better," he said getting up from the bed and grabbing his abondened boxers and pulling them on. Nick yawned as he walked into the hallway. Just as he thought, there was nothing out there and nothing was out of place. He knew that she was just dreaming but he decided to just do this to make her feel better.

He walked down the stairs and into the livingroom. Again he found nothing. At least now he could go up and tell her that there was nothing to be worried about. He decided that he would go up the back staircase so that he could tell her that he did check everywhere. Just as he walked into the hall leading to the stairs, a light breeze came through. Nick stopped and looked over towards the back door. It was open, it had been forced open.

He froze. So many things were running through his mind. Nothing was out of place so that meant that nothing was gone. Why would they have gone through the trouble of opening the door?Maybe they had heard him and Natalie and chickened out. Or maybe they were in the house at that moment. Nicks heart was racing. He didn't know what to do. Natalie. He had to go make sure that she was alright but do it quietly just incase they were actually in the house. Slowly Nick walked towards the stairs, trying not to make any noise. He walked up the stairs, watching carefully to make sure that he didn't run into any of there unwanted 'guests.'

He continued to slowly walk down the hallway to his room where Natalie was. Nicks eyes kept wandering around. He had to remain alert just incase. Though he kept telling himself that whoever it was, was probably long gone, he still had to make sure that everything was safe. When he reached his room he looked in but didn't see Natalie.

"Natalie," she said, his voice coming out as a whisper, "where are you?" No responce. His heart began to race faster. Where the hell was she? "Natalie? It's me," Nick said hoping that she was just hiding. Still there was nothing. Sweat was starting to form on his forehead. Where had she gone? Quickly Nick grabbed his sweat pants and put them on. He went down the stairs as quickly and quietly as he could. He ran to the front door which was still shut and locked. He opened the door and stopped when he saw Natalie. Some guy was pulling her towards a van. What was he supposed to do? The guy had a gun.

"Nick!" she yelled. The guy stopped and turned to face Nick, still keeping a grip on Natale. Nick froze when their eyes met. Time seemed to stop at that moment. Nothing was happening. Nick was so confused, he didn't know what to do. He knew that if he ran outside someone was going to be shot. He didn't want it to be Natalie so he wasn't going to take that chance, not just yet anyway.

"Look whoever you are, just leave her alone. You can take whatever it is that you want," Nick yelled to the man. "We won't say anything to anyone. Just don't hurt her," Nick continued as he started to walk closer to them.

"Don't come any closer," he yelled, "I'll shoot her if I have to. Don't think I won't."

"Alright, I won't move," Nick said holding his hands in the air to show that he wasn't going to reach for anything, "just let her go." Nick looked over at Natalie, tears were rolling down her cheeks. He could see the great fear in her eyes at that moment. He knew how she felt because he felt it too.

"Just stay right there," the guy said as the pointed the gun towards Nick.

"If it's money you want, you got it. You can take anything that you want alright? Just please let her go," Nick pleaded, "you can even take me if you want. You can get a higher ransom for me. If that's what you want. Think about it. If you get a BackStreet Boy, you can get a lot more. How 'bout that man?"

"Just shut the fuck up!" the man yelled, starting to become angry. Nick was starting to run out of ideas. He just wished he was able to convince this man to take him instead at least that way Natalie would be safe. Nick was sure that he would have been able to get himself free. This guy didn't seem to know much about what he was doing anyway. That and Nick was so much bigger than he was and he was sure that he would be able to fight his way out. Nick took a deep breath and silently hoped that he would be able to get the both of them out of this safely. Slowly he started to walk towards the man.

"Please, just let her go," Nick said fighting to hide all the fear that was overcoming him at that moment. Sweat had begun to form heavily on Nick as each second passed. Nothing at this point was certian. He didn't know if both of them were even going to survive. All Nick knew was that he was scared to death. Not even in his worst nightmares had her ever thought that he would end up in this situation. The man pointed the gun towards Natalie's head and Nick froze instantly. He wasn't going to let her get hurt because he had to act stupid.

"I told you not to move," he screamed, "I could fucking shoot her right now." Nick couldn't fight it any more, tears started to pour from his eyes. He was so scared. He didn't want to lose her. Not like this.

"Please, don't hurt her," Nick pleaded, "she doesn't desirve this." He looked over at her. Her eyes were shut tightly in fear as the gun was put to her head. Nicks mind began to race. He couldn't let him do anything to hurt her. He would never be able to forgive himself if he did. "Please," Nick said franticly, "leave her alone. Take me. Let her go." Bang. Nick dropped to his knees when he saw Natalie hit the ground.

Nicks body began to shake as the man ran to his van. Tears were running down Nicks face. Anger was building. He wasn't going to let this man get away with what he had just done. Nick stood up and ran after the unsuspecting man and tackeled him to the ground.

"Son of a bitch," Nick yelled.

Nick shot up to find himself still in his bed. It was another dream. All of it was. The night with Natalie the strange guy who had broken into the house and taken her from him. It was all a horrible nightmare. What did that mean? None of this made sence. The only things that were similar in both dreams was that they were together and she died in both dreams. Was this some kind of message to stay away? Stay away from what? What could there possibly be about Natalie that was so bad? No, it wasn't her. It couldn't be. These were messages telling him that if they were to be together she would be taken away.

"What the hell is going on," he said to himself. "I don't know," he thought to himself, "but I'm going to figure it out if it's the last thing I do."
Chapter 6 by Stephanie
Chapter 6

Nick looked out into the ocean, his mind stuck on the dream that he had the night before. It had scared him half to death. What was he supposed to do? The only thing that he could think of was to stay away from Natalie. Though he liked her a lot, there would always be the fear that anyone of his dreams may come true and he didn't want to be the reason why her life was cut short. He wasn't sure if he would give his life for someone else so it wouldn't be fair for him to ask that of someone else when he knew completely well that he himself might not be able to make that sacrafice.

Even if he was to leave Natalie alone, what was he supposed to do about his dreams? They were far too real; vivid for him to just ignore. Brian didn't believe him, he just thought he was crazy. The other guys would probably think they samething if he told them about it. Who was he supposed to talk to then? The people he trusted most wouldn't believe him. Who was he supposed to turn to now? He had to come up with something quick because he didn't want anyone to get hurt.

"Carter!" came a yell causing Nick to jump from where he had been sitting.

"You scared the shit out of me AJ," Nick said, trying to catch his breath.

"Well I've been callin your name for the past five minutes. Whatelse was I supposed to do? Shit, it was like you were in another world there for a minute."

"I was just thinking," Nick answered.

"I came by because I talked to Natalie last night. It seems like you two really hit it off. Plan on seein' her again?" AJ asked, sliding his sunglasses a bit so he could look at Nick directly.

"I don't think so."

"What! Why not?" AJ yelled.

"Clam down first of all, you said it yourself if I didn't like her I didn't have to see her again. So I don't know what you're getting all worked up about."

"There's more too it Nick. I know it. Are you back with that slutty ex of yours? Because if you are, you're just plain stupid. Natalie's a hell of a lot better for you. She won't be with you to use you, unlike just about every other girl you've gone out with."

"AJ, what I do in my personal life is my own goddam bussiness alright?" Nick snapped.

"Don't catch an attitude with me Nick! I'm only trying to help you. If you didn't like Natalie, you shouldn't have lead her on. She really thinks you liked her and now she's going to be heart-broken man and all because you had some need to be with some easy tramp."

"I do like her J!"

"Then why the hell aren't you going to go out with her again?"

"You wouldn't understand," Nick said softly.

"Oh, I get it," AJ said as his eyes remained on Nick, "you're afraid that you might like her too much and that it'll get serious. You don't want to get hurt. Don't worry man, she's not like that. She won't leave you without a damn good reason."

"That's not it AJ."

"Then what is?"

"I told you, you won't understand."

"Then make me understand," AJ said sitting down on one of the chairs on Nicks patio table, "I have all day." Nick looked over at AJ, who was staring at him, waiting. Nick walked over to the table and sat across from AJ, but didn't say anything for a moment. He was considering what he was about to do. If Brian thought he was crazy, why wouldn't AJ?

"Look, this is going to sound crazy," Nick started, "but I've been dreaming about her..."

"Let me guess, you've been having naughty dreams about her and it's embarrsses the shit out of you to even look at her," AJ said leaning his arms on the table.

"No that's not it... well kinda... once but that's not it J," Nick said, "Look, I had a dream about her the night before I met her. It was our wedding night and she was murdered. Shot." AJ leand back in his chair and looked at Nick for a moment before laughing.

"You expect me to believe that? All these jokes were cute when you were younger but don't you think you're getting a little too old for this? Look, if you don't want to see her again, don't fucking lie about it alright? Just say it."

"AJ, I do want to see her again," Nick answered, "but I'm afraid one of my dreams are going to come true. I had another one last night and someone broke into the house and shot her."

"Nick it was just a dream."

"It felt too real to be 'just a dream' AJ. Everything felt so fucking real. I could even smell everything in the dreams. Does that usually happen to you??"

"Vivid dreams happen. When you can feel them ya know? You're not the only one that has them, but don't use them as an excuse to get out of seeing a great girl alright? I'm leaving," AJ said as he stood up from the chair and started to walk away from Nick.

"AJ wait, if I were making this up would I know about when we took a break from the group that you packed up and went as far away as you could and if it wasn't for you acidentally forgetting to take some pictures and stuff of the group from all years we were on tour, you wouldn't have come back," Nick called towards AJ, causing him to stop cold in his tracks. AJ slowly turned back around and removed his sun glasses.

"How do you know about that? I didn't tell anyone not even my mother...." AJ said, his voice coming out only as a whisper.
"I was it in one of my dreams. I wasn't sure if it was real or if was just something crazy that I'd made up without realizing it so I figured now was as good a chance to see as any to see if it had any truth to it." AJ started to slowly move towards Nick again.

"So are you telling me that you can like see things? Like the future?"

"AJ I don't know."

"How long has this been happening?"

"For awhile actually. Just before, it was nothing serious. Little things you know, like at a concert when I was looking into the audience, ya know, nothing that couldn't have not been easily made up in my mind. Then more serious things started to come to me. Like when you left, that was the first thing that came to me that was important because it was like I knew I was losing a friend or something."

"So how many dreams have you had with her?"

"Two and in both of them she dies, and in both she was shot."

"It was two different dreams, maybe they just mean something you know. Maybe she's going to be fine.."

"I had the first one before I met her," Nick interupted, "it was her. The girl in my dream looked exactly like her and her name was Natalie."

"Well Nick, what are we going to do?" AJ asked, looking over Nick. He wasn't sure what to think of him anymore.

"First you can stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm some kind of freak," Nick said, as AJ continued to stare, "it doesn't happen all the time and I can't turn it on and off like it's nothing. It just happens."

"It's just hard to believe," AJ replied, turning his eyes away from Nick.

"You're telling me? I'm scared as hell. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of this. What the fuck am I supposed to do?"

"I have no clue Nick," AJ said, "who else have you talked to about this?"

"Brian but he just thinks that I'm crazy," Nick answered.

"Didn't you like have a dream about him that could make him believe it?"

"Yeah, but everythings already happened to him."

"What do you mean? What did you dream about?"

"The night before Brian called me to tell me that Leighanne was pregnant. I had a dream about it. I could see them finding out, but they've already told everyone everything. There wasn't anything that I saw that they didn't talk about."

"What about Howie or Kev?" AJ suggested

"Howie, there hasn't been anything and Kev, he would just think I was even crazier than usual. Besides, I haven't gotten anything about him either."

"How about talking to Natalie about it," AJ said to him. Nick looked at AJ, but said nothing for a moment.

"I just met her J, would you believe me if I just met you and was telling you all these things? I've known you most of my life and you almost didn't believe me. What makes you think that she will?"

"It was just a suggestion," AJ said, unsure of what to say next, "well what need to figure something out."

"Like what AJ? There isn't anything that I can do about this. The dreams are going to keep coming and I don't know if I can stand another one of them." AJ sighed and sat back in the chair that we had abondend suddenly before.

"This is too fucking weird man."

"You're telling me."

"Do you know how crazy we sound," AJ said with a slight laugh escaping him. Nick smiled at AJ and laughed softly himself.
"We're one step away from being locked up in those jacket things," Nick laughed.

"And put in those rooms with the paded walls," AJ joked.

"Seriously," Nick said moments later, "what are we going to do about all of this? I want it to stop and I want to make sure that no one gets hurt."

"Honestly Nick, I have no idea," AJ said getting serious again, "I guess you're just going to have to rely on your gut. I mean if you see something that was in your dream thats starting to come true, let someone know about it, that's really all we can do until we figure out what the fuck is going on with you."

"What if I don't realize it until it's too late?"

"I don't think that's going to be a problem with the way you've been talking about all of this. These dreams stay with you, I think you'll know dude," AJ replied.

"Isn't that kinda like messing with fate or something?"

"Yeah I guess, but if it helps save a life then we should use it to our advantage man."

"So do you think I should see Natalie again?" Nick asked.

"Do you like her?"

"Yeah."

"Then there's your answer. It's really not that hard of a decision man. Besides, she likes you a lot too, I talked to her after you left last night. She really wants to see you again, so do what you think is best and becareful, that's really all I can say to you."
Chapter 7 by Stephanie
Chapter 7

Nick took a deep breath as he reached for the phone. It had been twenty minutes since AJ had left and he had spent all that time thinking about what he should do. There were so many thoughts running through his mind at that point. He didn't know what to do about all of this. It was too much for him to handle. What were these dreams trying to tell him? If they were trying to tell him anything.

Nick knew that he just couldn't sit back and not do anything about these dreams because he knew if they had come true he would never be able to forgive himself. Knowing about what might happened helped him to prepare for anything that might happen. He wasn't going to let anyone innocent get hurt because he was too scared to do something.

"Hello?" a female voice answered. Nick took a deep breath. He hadn't even realized that he had dialed her number yet.

"Hey Natalie, this is Nick," Nick answered her.

"Nick, hey!" she said, she sounded excited to hear from him, "how are you?"

"I'm alright. Um, I just called to see if you had any plans for tonight. If you don't, maybe we could, ya know, hang out or something," Nick said cautiously.

"I'd love to hang out with you Nick," she replied, "what time do you want to meet?"

"Whenever. Anytime's good for me so whenever's good for you is alright," Nick told her.

"Oh alright. How 'bout in twenty minutes. Is that alright?"

"Yeah that's great. I'll see you than alright?"

"See you later," she replied as she hung up the phone. Nick sighed and then put the phone down. She was coming over. AJ had told him to go for it if he really liked her, which he did. There was just a fear that stayed with him about what might happen if they did get together. He didn't want to her to get hurt. He was still rather reluctant about asking her out because he would blame himself if anything happened to her. He didn't want to cause her any harm.

It seemed like breaking her heart was the best thing to do. She may have hated him but at least she would be alive. To Nick, that was just a small price for saving her. Then again, what if he was just making all this up and nothing was going to happen? He wasn't going to dismiss this like it was nothing though, he would much rather be safe than sorry. Someones' life might lay in his hands and he wasn't going to let himself fail at protecting it.

Nick jumped when the door bell rang. He hadn't realized how much time had passed as he layed on the couch and thought about all of this, but she was here now. Nick took a deep breath as he walked towards the front door. He was doing the right thing and he was going to protect her no matter what it took. His heart was racing as he walked through the house to the front door.
"Hi," Nick said as he opened the door and looked out on Natalie, "come in."

"Hey Nick," she answered as she stepped into the house, "you have a really beautiful house, I was stunned when I drove into the driveway." Nick smiled and let off a soft laugh.

"Thanks," he replied. He kept his eyes on her as she walked futher into the house.

"God, I am so jealious of your view," she said as she looked out of the window in the back of the house, "it's absoulty amazing."
"Yeah, that was the main thing that made me want to buy this house in the first place," he told her as he walked up behind her, "I fell in love with it the first time that I saw it. I just knew that I had to have it."

"Who can blame you? It's so perfect. I would die for a view like this." Nick was a little shocked at her choice of words but hid it well.

"I love going out there around sun set, you see some really great colors. From time to time, I like to take my boat out to middle of the ocean and just stay there. It's really peaceful."

"I'm sure," she replied, "it's like you can get away from the world and just have everything that you want."

"Yeah," he said, surprised at how much she had figured out about him already, "it's great out there, its one of the only places I fell at peace when I'm there."

"So what's a girl supposed to do to get a ride out there?" she asked. Nick grinned and took her hand into his and walked her out through the glass doors on the side. He walked her to the dock and helped her into his boat. She smiled at him as he stepped on. 'God this girl is perfect' he thought to himself.

"I'm going to take it out only a little bit," he told her, "otherwise, I might never want to bring you back."

"You say that as if I would mind being here with you," she answered. He smiled over at her as he started the boat. The sun light was about gone so he had the headlights on to see where he was going. It only took them a few minutes before they could no longer see the shore. He stopped the boat and he looked back at her. She was standing at the edge of the boat, looking over.

"Great isn't it?" he said as he walked up to her.

"Amazing."

"Sorry I don't have much out here," he said taking a step away from her, "I wasn't expecting that you would want to come out here."

"That's alright Nick. Everything's great just how it is," she said walking over to him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her as she turned to look back out at the water. He rested his chin on her head and looked out with her. This was going great. He wasn't sure what was going to happen because he had never been really good about dates. Something always went wrong. This time though, everything was perfect.

"I wasn't sure if you were going to call me," she confessed.

"Neither was I," he replied, "I was really scared. I didn't know what to do."

"Why would you be scared? You're a really great guy, I don't see why no one snatched you up before I could get to you. I guess I was just lucky I guess."

"No, I was lucky to find someone that wanted me 'cause of the kind of person that I was and not because I'm a BackStreet Boy," he explained.

"I don't see how that changes anything. People should be able to look past all that and see what you're like," she said to him.

"There aren't many people out there that think that way," he told her, "they just think that if you get in with someone famous then they're going to get something out of it. Like expensive gifts and stuff like that."

"You don't have to worry, I'm not like that," she replied, "I don't care if you give me things as long as you're there for me."

"Don't worry, I'm good for sticking around."

"Good," she said and smiled. He looked down at her and turned her around to face him and he leand down placing a soft kiss on her lips. Slowly, she let her hands touch the sides of his face as he continued to kiss her. She moaned as Nick wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Nick stepped back, taking her with him as he guided her into a room on the boat.

Nick gentally lifted her from the floor and placed her on the bed. She smiled when Nick pulled away from her and looked into her eyes. Natalie put her hands on Nicks shoulders and continued to look up at him. His eyes searched hers, trying to figure out if this was what she really wanted to do.

"Are you sure?" he asked softly.

"Never been more sure of anything in my life," she answered as she lifted her head so that she was able to place her lips on Nicks. Nick moaned as Natalie let her hands roam over his back. He never wanted this to end so he was going to be sure that he took his time. He was going to make this night perfect for the both of them.

Natalie let her hands slip up the back of Nicks t-shirt. He let her pull it over his head. She smiled at him, she was happy to be there with him just as he was happy to be there with her. Nick let his mouth attack Natalies neck. She moaned when she felt the warmth of Nicks mouth on her. He slowly glided his hands up her body and gentally removed her tank top. He let his hands continue up, moving over her warm skin.

"Nick," she moaned. He smiled to himself, glad that she was enjoying this as much as he was. Soon his lips moved from her neck and he slowly started to place kisses down the top of her body. Kissing her breasts gentally. He stopped when he reach the waist band of her jeans. He put two of his fingers on the zipper and slowly pulled it down. Next he undid the button and pulled down the jeans along with her panties.

Nick then felt Natalies hands go to the crotch of his pants. He moaned when he felt her opening his jeans. He wanted her so bad that he didn't care what the consequences were any more. He was going to be her protector so nothing was going to happen to her as long as he lived. Nick slipped his tounge inside of Natalies mouth as he pulled his jeans down. She moaned in reaction. Soon his pants and boxers joined all the other discarded clothes on the floor.

Both were naked and there bodies were aching for each other. Nick slowly continued to kiss her. Her mouth tasted so good that he never wanted to stop kissing her. She wrapped her arms around him, holding him tight. He was so glad to have her. He just wanted to make love to her, no foreplay, nothing, just pure love making. Nick pulled away from Natalies lips and she looked at him and smiled. Assuring him that she wanted him to go on.

Slowly he positioned himself and once again looked back up at her. He didn't want her to regret this because he knew that he wouldn't. He wanted this more than anything, but if she didn't then he would stop.

"Are you sure?" he whispered into her ear.

"Yes," she whispered back, licking his ear. He moaned and then slowly pushed himself into her. She moaned as she felt him fill her up. Natalie wrapped her legs around Nicks waist so that he could go further inside of her. Seconds later, Nick started moving his hips. His thrusts were slow and gental and she moaned at his movements. Nick let his head drop into the curve of her neck and started to gentally suck on her sick.

She bit her bottom lip as another moan escaped her. She had never been so happy before in her life. Nick was great. Not only was he a great person but he was a great lover. Sweat began to form on their rocking bodies. She arched her back in an attempt to push Nick deeper inside of her. She moaned when she felt Nick hit parts of her that had never been touched before.

"Nick baby, move faster," she moaned, Nick was more than happy to oblige. His thrusts soon began to pick up speed as he continued to slam into her body. Natalies moans became louder as his thrusts picked up. Nick noticed this and soon began thrusting as hard as he could. He would pull completely out of her and then slam himself deep inside of her using all of his might.

There breaths were becoming labored and more sweat continued to form. Their moans of pleasure were mixed in with one another. Nick pulled his eyes shut tightly as he felt himself coming to the edge. He was holding back until he felt Natalie reach her peak and then with one strong thrust, they both came.

Nick collapsed on top of her. Sweat pouring off of his body and he was taking labored breaths as he remained on top of her. Natalie wrapped her arms around him, holding him tightly to her. Her breath was labored and her body covered in sweat.

"That was awsome Nick," she still feeling her high.

"I know," he replied as he continued to place soft kisses on her neck.

"I think I'm in love with you," she said to him.

"I do too," he replied, causing her to smile and hold him even tighter.
Chapter 8 by Stephanie
Chapter 8

Nick awoke on the boat felling Natalie snuggled closely next to him. A smile instantly came upon his face when he realized that last night had infact been real and not just another one of his crazy dreams. Nick let his hand slide up and down Natalies bare arm and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. A soft moan escaped her lips. His smile remained on his face as she continued to sleep on his chest. He was so happy that she was with him.

The only thing that worried him was those dreams that he had been having. They were always in the back of his mind. No matter what he did, he just couldn't seem to forget them. It was like everytime that he looked at Natalie, they all come flooding back along with the fear of losing her. Fear of losing the one person that liked him for him.

"Morning," she said when she saw that Nick was awake.

"G'morning beautiful," he replied and placed another gental kiss on the top of her head. She smiled and continued to hold onto Nick.

"We're still on the boat?" she asked him.

"Yep," he answered. She sighed as she laid there. Nick could tell by the look on her face that she was happy, he was too. Last night had been great. He didn't want to let her leave. He felt that if he was able to keep her out here then nothing would ever happen to her. She would always be safe and away from harm.

"It was so nice spending the night out here," she mumbled, "I wish I could do this more often."

"Who says you couldn't?"

"You wouldn't get tired of staying out here?"

"Never."

"So what do we do now Nick?" she asked as she sat up and looked into Nicks eyes.

"What do you mean?" he asked, a little unsure of how to interpert her question.

"I mean was this a one night thing or what?"

"Natalie, this is more than a one night thing for me," he replied, "I wouldn't have went through with last night if I thought thats all it was going to be. I'm not that big of a jerk."

"Nick I am so sorry," she said wrapping her arms around him, "I've just had a lot of shit happen to me and I just thought that this was one of those things. I don't know, I shouldn't have thought that. It was kind of stupid of me to think that."

"Past relationships have a way of getting involved into your new ones," he said, not completely understanding what he was saying, "they just seem to make you think that everything goes sour, but it doesn't have to Natalie."

"You're too perfect Nick, what's the catch?"

"Only catch is, you have to let me take you out sometime," Nick replied as he watched her smile. She had gotten one of the responces that she was hoping for.

"How about we go out tonight?"

"Hey, sounds good to me," he answered, "I'll pick you up around eight."

"Alright sounds like a date," she grinned. He smiled back at her as he stood from the bed and began to put his clothes back on. She kept her eyes on him as he moved around the room. He looked back at her as he stepped out onto the deck.

"Are you going to get dressed are what?"

"I was kind of hoping we could have stayed like this for a little while," she replied.

"Don't worry, there's always tonight," he told her as he walked to the front of the boat. She smiled to herself when she heard Nick start it and start driving back to shore. She was dressed in a no more than a minute. Once she was dressed, she walked out to the deck and went up behind Nick and wrapped her arms around his stomach and placed her chin on his shoulder, or at least she tried too. He was much taller than she was.

Nick sighed as he watched her car pull out of the driveway. He hadn't really wanted her to leave. Turning around to walk into the house, he smiled, knowing that he had done the right thing by calling her and spending time with her. She was great and he was really happy to have her around. There was something about her personality that made him fall for her. He only considered that she might only want him for his money, but he just couldn't get himself to believe that, she was too good, too pure for that.

Nick dropped down onto the couch, he was still tired from last night. He hadn't fallen right to sleep like Natalie had. He stayied up just to look at her. She was so beautiful to him. Not only physically, but there was something about her personality that was just as striking. Nick laid back on the couch, hoping to take a quick nap so that he wouldn't be tired when he and Natalie went out. It only took seconds for Nicks eyes to become so heavy that had just had to shut them.

Visions soon started to take control of his mind and let him drift off to dreams. It was so clear, so real. Nick wasn't sure if this was another dream or if he had waken up this time. His eyes roamed over his surroundings. He was at a beach, this could very well be real, he thought. He spent so much of his life at the beach that there was nothing strange about him being at a beach. His eyes stopped when he saw Natalie. A large smile appeared on his face. Slowly, he started walking towards her.

The wind was softly blowing at her hair as she continued to stare out into the shore. He couldn't think about how much more beautiful she was then anything else that he had ever known. Nick kept his eyes on her as he continued to walk towards her. She smiled when she turned around and saw him walking up to her. Her eyes sparkeled as he looked at them and he was almost sure that she was an angel.

"Hi," she whispered with a large smile now forming on her face.

"Hey baby," he replied as he placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Her hand skimmed the bare skin on Nicks arm as she looked at him.

"I knew you would like it out here," she said as she turned away from him.

"Yeah, I love it. It's so beautiful," he replied.

"You always said that you were at peace when you were at the beach or on your boat. I knew this would be the right place."

"Right place for what?" he asked becoming slightly concerned.

"To tell you what I should have told you from the beginning," he replied as she turned around the face him once again with tears rolling down her cheeks. Nick didn't know what to say or what to do, "Nick... I..."

"You can tell me," he interupted, "you can tell me anything."

"I'm married Nick," she blurted out. He stood there, staring at her in shock, "AJ didn't know. I didn't tell anyone."

"If you're married then why did you move to Florida?"

"My husband got a better job here, we moved here so he could take it," she explained.

"Why did you hook up with me if you were already with someone?" Nick asked, slightly angered at her and partically heartbroken.

"Because you're what I wanted in a man..." she replied, her voice trailing off.

"Then why did you marry him if he wasn't what you wanted?"

"We have a baby and I thought that he was the one that I wanted, but Nick I was wrong. Really wrong. I know I shouldn't have lead you on, but I can't do this any more."

"You're staying with him?" he asked trying to hide the fact that he was hurt beyond relief.

"Yeah, we have a baby together. I just want my son to have a normal life with mother and father, that's all. If he wasn't around Nick, I would have left my husband the night that I met you."

"I don't care if you have a kid," Nick replied, "I'll be there for him. I just want you in my life. I'm in love with you."

"No," she said with her tears starting to flow even faster, "my husband's a good man. I just don't feel the same things that I feel when I'm with you."

"Then why stay with him? You can still have him in your life to be there for your son and still be with me too. Please," he pleaded.

"Natalie," came an angry male voice. Natalie turned her head quickly and her eyes widened when she saw him, "I knew you were fucking cheating on me."

"No Adam, it's not what it looks like," she said franticlly, "we were just talking. I told him that I have a husband." He looked over at Nick and reluctantly, Nick nodded to show that she was telling him the truth.

"Please, I know you're fucking cheating on me," he yelled as he tightly grabbed her arm.

"Yo man, leave her alone," Nick warned as he attempted to pull Adam off of Natalie.

"Stay out of this you little shit," he screamed, using his free hand to punch Nick in the stomach. Nick fell into the sand from the shock of the blow. He gasped for the air that had been knocked out of him by the blow. Adam had picked up Natalie and was carrying her to his car as she yelled and screamed for him to let her go. Nick forced himself to his feet and started to run after them.

"Look sir," Nick said trying to hide that he was angered beyond belief, "if the lady doesn't want you to take her anywhere then you'd better leave her alone."

"And who's going to stop me?" he asked, turning to face with a look of amusement on his face, "are you boy?" Nicks eyes were glowing with his anger, but he didn't want to hurt Natalie.

"Didn't think so," he said turning back to the direction of his car.

"I told you to leave the lady alone." He sighed and continued to walk to his car. He obviously wasn't threatened at all by Nick. Nick stopped following the, realizing that she had taken him out here to dump him. Maybe he should just back away. She had said that he wasn't a bad man, but from what Nick had seen, that must have been a lie. She was probably afraid to leave him and thats why she was breaking it off with Nick.

He watched as Adam put Natalie into his car. Nick wasn't sure what he should do. It only took one blow from this man for him to go down, Nick was no match for him. He watched as the car drove away. A tear was in Nicks eye. He was hurt and angry at the same time. How could she have done this to him? Slowly, Nick started to walk towards his car, though he didn't remember driving. He fought back all of his emotions until he reached his car then tears started to flow freely. She'd lied to him this whole time.

Suddenly, Nick was pulled from his thoughts. There was a loud explosion on the other side of the hill. For a moment, his heart stopped, he wasn't sure if Natalie was involved with it and if she was okay or not. Quickly he jumped into his car and drove around the hill. His car jerked when he suddenly stopped it. The car that held Natalie was skattered all over the streets. There was no way that anyone could have survived that. Tears began to take control again as Nick realized that he'd really lost her this time.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1175