A Father's Cry by Ashahole212
Summary: Nick has hopes of one day seeing his family again, but what if he got that chance? What if his hopes and prayers came true? Could he handle it? PLease R&R!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 6800 Read: 13862 Published: 02/16/04 Updated: 05/27/05

1. Chapter One by Ashahole212

2. Chapter Two by Ashahole212

3. Chapter Three by Ashahole212

4. Chapter Four by Ashahole212

5. Chapter Five by Ashahole212

6. Chapter Six by Ashahole212

7. Chapter Seven by Ashahole212

8. Chapter Eight by Ashahole212

9. Chapter Nine by Ashahole212

Chapter One by Ashahole212
~~Nick's POV~~

We both layed in bed, trying to gain back normal breathing. We had just made love and trying to focus on what we just experienced.

~~One Month Later~~

“Nick, I think I'm pregnant. I don't want to scare you, but I haven't got my period. I'm a month late”, she quietly explained to me, scared to look up at me.

“ Are you sure?” I managed to ask, grabbing her chin to look at me.

“I don't know, but I wanted you to be aware. But I don't know if I am”, she answered softly, barely above a whisper.

“Okay, come by my house and I'll buy a pregnancy test. We'll take this together”, I smiled, making her more relieved and less scared.

~~Later That Day~~

“What is it?” I asked impatiently, pacing back in forth in front of the bathroom door.

“Come in”, she replied, happily.

“What does it say?” I asked, coming into the bathroom, where she was.

“Read it”, she replied, happily and more relieved then she ever felt before.

“It's negative”, Ipratically yelled, slightly dissappointed, but more happy then ever. “So your not pregnant?”

“Nope. I guess it was a false alarm,” she answered, smiling from ear to ear. We both hugged and she left my house.

~~2 ½ Months Later~~

“Ashley, you have to tell him. I mean that pregnancy test lied. You are pregnant. Even the doctor said it”, replied Desiree, worried and scared for her best friend at the same time.

“ Alright, I'll tell him”, she replied, holding back her tears.

Ashley showed up at a studio where Nick was and his fellow band members. She knew he wouldn't make a scene there.
Chapter Two by Ashahole212
“Yes how can I help you?” The woman asked, looking at Ashley's belly.

“Yes, can I see Nick Carter please?” Ashley asked, scared and nervous all at once. Her hands were sweaty and she felt as if she was gonna pass out.

“Yes? How can I help you? Ashley?” I said all in one breath.

“Nick we need to talk”, she manage to say, avoiding eye contact with him.

“Oh my gosh Ashley, you can't be pregnant. The test came up negative and its only been 2 ½ months since we saw eachother...”, I continued, but was cut off by my fellow band mate, A.J.

“And you look like your gonna bust any minute”, A.J laughed, but realizing it wasn't a laughing matter after two pairs of eyes were looking at him evily.

“The pregnancy test lied. After we had got done, I still haven't got my period and I was getting bigger by the day”, Ashley explained, wanting to cry, but knew she had to be strong. “I went to the doctors and he said, I am indeed pregnant”.

“What are you like 7 months pregnant or something?” A.J asked confused, standing by Nick's side.

“I'm 3 ½ months pregnant”, she replied, finding a chair and sitting down.

“How is that so? You look huge for only being 3 ½ months pregnant”, laughed A.J, confused and curious.

“Gee thanks. You don't look so good yourself either”, she laughed in a sarcastic tone.

“Is there something your not telling me?” I asked, breaking up the laughter and becoming annoyed.

“Well, were not having just one baby”, Ashley revealed, putting her head down.

“We're having TWINS!” I screamed, causing the woman at the desk to look our way.

“I wish it was just twins”, she replied, making him calm down. The woman focus her attention on her work.

“Then what?” I asked, a little bit more calmer but yet anxious to know. I took a seat beside her.

“Were having triplets”, Ashley revealed, biting her bottom lip to keep from crying.

“Wow, Nick's soldiers developed three babies. Damn you go boy”, A.J laughed at them.

“A.J, can you leave us alone for a couple of minutes?” I asked, finally asking him to leave.

“Sure man”, he replied, walking away.

“What do you mean triplets?” I asked her, looking at her belly, then at her.
Chapter Three by Ashahole212
“Were having triplets Nick”, Maddy somewhat yelled, getting up and walking away, but I stopped her.

“Ashley, we barely have the time to raise one child, led alone three”, I revealed, making her look at me.

“Nick, I know your accomplishing your dreams right now. Your having the best time of your life. And you have experienced what people would die for, but what about me?” Ashley asked, trying not to cry, throwing me off guard.

“Ashley, what are you talking about? What are you trying to say?” I asked, confused and curious.

“Do you feel that your dreams are gonna be ruined because of these babies?” Ashley asked seriously.

“No not at all. I mean we can do this. I mean were financially stabled. You know money isn't a problem”, I continued, but Ashley cut me off.

“No that's not what I'm trying to say. I mean, Nick, I'm just 19 years old. I have a couple of months left for college until I graduate. I wanted to get a good job, move to Maryland and open up my own business. But my dreams are ruined”, she cried, sitting back down in the chair.

“Why are they over?” I asked confused, sitting down beside her.

“Look at me. These babies are gonna be born before I graduate from college, no one's gonna hire a mother with three children at 19 years old. Remember, I'm going to a technical college. I can't move to Maryland because your dreams are here in Florida, and to me it looks like your gonna complete your dreams no matter what happens. I don't want to live like this. I wanted to get out of here. And my dreams are ruined, I'll admit”, she cried, putting her head in her hands.

I didn't know what to do. Didn't know whether to comfort her or leave her be. I knew her dreams were somewhat ruined and I felt I needed to accomplish mydreams before I could do anything else. I wasn't having just one child, but three. And I had no clue how to take care of three children. I was wealthy, but it this case, that didn't matter. I know, right now I am being selfish. But I have to finish what I started.

~~Present Day~~

“Hey A.J. How are you?” Sharon asked, Ashley's mother, while giving him a budweiser.

“I'm fine. How about you?” He asked, taking a seat at the bar stool and taking a sip of his drink.

“Couldn't complain”, she said, pouring a draft for a customer.

“I see your in charge of this place now”, A.J said, trying to stir up conversation.

“Yup. It pays off working her for 20 years. So now I own the place now”, she revealed, smiling at him.

“oh well that's cool. I haven't been in this bar in forever”, A.J slightly laughed, drinking his beer.

“Yeah, well it hasn't changed much. So what's new with you? Married? Any children?” Sharon asked, looking at him and wiping the counter off.

“Yup. I have two little girls, Lindsey and Taylor. One's three and the other's one”, A.J revealed, looking at her.

“Do you still live around here?” Sharon asked, handing a beer to a customer.

“Yup, just bought a house in Tampa”, he revealed, proudly.

“So how's the music business?” She asked, looking at him and handing him another beer.

“It's over. I'm retired”, he laughed, drinking his beer.

“How's Nick?” She asked, becoming serious and worried.

“Miserable. Ever since Ashley left him and moved he hasn't been the same. He suppose to meeting me here any minute now”, A.J explained, drinking his beer.

“Oh, he's still upset about Ashley leaving him?” Sharon asked, sadly.

“Well, it's not a really good feeling knowing that your “best friend” is pregnant with your kid, especially triplets, and just ups and leaves without saying anything. He doesn't know if he has how many boys or girls, ever meeting them and especially not seeing the woman he truly loved”, A.J explained, hoping Sharon would give up some information about Ashley's ware abouts.

“Speaking of the devil”, Sharon said, watching Nick, take a seat at the bar stool and handing a budweiser as well.

“Hey man”, A.J greeted, patting Nick on the back.

“Hey Bone. Hey Sharon”, he replied, becoming nervous.

“How are you Nick?” She asked, realizing she already knew the answer.

“I'm surviving”, he manage to say, drinking his beer.
Chapter Four by Ashahole212
“So hows it feel to be out of the house?” A.J asked, looking at Nick.

“Out of the house?” Sharon asked, confused.

“This man hasn't been out of the house in 10 years,” he laughed, playfully hitting Nick in the arm.

“Wow”, was all Sharon manage to say.

“Do you know how I could get a hold of Ashley? Sharon. I'm begging you. No one would give up any information on her. I need to know”, he said all the sudden, trying not to cry.

“You know what? Why don't you come back in the office in with me. I want to show you something”, she replied, waiting for Nick to join her. A.J followed.

Nick and A.J sat in the chair that was in there. Sharon pulled out a couple of photo and handed them to Nick. A.J looked over his shoulders. A tear escaped Nick's eyes.

“Ashley had triplets, as you already know. She had two boys and a girl. The oldest is Nicholas Gene Carter Jr, but we call him Nicky”, Sharon revealed, pointing him out in the picture. “Next, is Nathaniel Sean Carter, but everyone called him Nate”, she continued, pointing him out in the picture. “And last, is Natalie Anne Carter, but we call her Natty, she's the youngest out of the three. They all have blonde hair and blue eyes, just like you, so there's no denying the're not yours”.

“I know, they all look like you Nick”, laughed A.J, looking at the pictures.

Finally, Nick got to the last picture where Ashley was in it.

“And that's Ashley”, Sharon replied, smiling.

“She's beautiful”, Nick manage to say through tears. “When were these pictures taking?”

“Well, I reciebed these pictures two days ago, but they were taking two weeks ago”, Sharon explained, laughing.

“Can I keep this one?” Nick asked, holding a picture of all three kids and Ashley.

“ Yeah, sure”, she replied, feeling sorry for him.

“They are all 10 in that picture”, she explained, looking at Nick.

“And Ashley's twenty-nine”, Nick said, slightly laughing.

“Gosh, I remember her when she was like twelve”, A.J laughed, looking at her picture. “She's changed a lot. Man Nick, your lucky”.
“Where are they living?” Nick asked, ignoring A.J.

“Well, she had the babies, finished college and moved to Maryland. She bought a house down there and when the kids started school, they moved to Louisiana because the schools down there were bad”, Sharon revealed, looking at the two boys.

“So she's lives in Louisiana?” Nick asked.

“Yeah. She did live in Jarretsville, Maryland, but she moved”, she replied, smiling.

“See, Sarah gave me her number and I tried to call, but I couldn't get no answer. I been trying to find her for years. I knew she lived in Maryland and all”, Nick explained, looking at the pictures again.

“What does she do for a living?” A.J asked, looking at her.
Chapter Five by Ashahole212
“Well she was an investor. She had $600,000 saved up. That's how she bought a house in Maryland. Then she worked for this company, but then decided she didn't want to work anymore.. She ended up buying 5 houses in Maryland, one in Tampa, and one in Louisiana, where she is living in now. She rents the houses out”, revealed Sharon, proudly.

“Wow, she must be loaded”, A.J said in amazment.

“Well, she was always very smart. She takes very good of her children”, Sharon said, looking at Nick and A.J.

“Do you think I could have her address?” Nick asked, knowing he waspressing his luck.

“I don't think that's necessary. I mean Ashley's on her way with the kids. The kids have some time off of school, so they're staying here for a week.

“Oh my gosh. When do you think they'll be here?” Nick asked, getting excited.

“Well, they won't get here until tomorrow night. Like around 8pm. They are stopping here first before they go to the house”, explained Sharon. “Why don't you and your family come and eat some crabs tomorrow night so you'll be here when she gets here?”

“Well, I don't want to scare her at first when she comes here. How about you ask her to take the kids to your house, if that's where she staying and tell her to come here. And I'll meet her here”, explained Nick, hoping she'll agree.

“That might actually work. What's tom?” She asked.

“Friday”, A.J said, joining the conversation.

“Oh right. Be here like at 10 pm tomorrow night”, Sharon announced, putting the pictures away. The boys walked back in the bar, Nick knowing he's not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

~~Friday Night~~

~~Ashley's POV~~

I pulled in the parking lot of my mom's bar/ resturaunt. I having been here in years. The kids were just now waking up. It was cold, well what they weren't use too.

“Come on guys. Wake up. Let's go inside and see mum-mum,” I said, putting their jackets on.

The kids got out of the SUV and walked by the door, whiched I held opened for them.

“Ashley!” My mom, Sharon, screamed and gave me a big hug. “Is that my babies?” She gave each child a hug.

I saw old customers that have been coming in for years that I haven't seen in a long time. I gave everyone a hug that I knew. It felt good to be home again. I looked around and spotted my old best friend, Desiree. I went over to her and gave her a big hug and cried from too much excitement.

“Honey, are you gonna hang out this time?” My mom asked me all the sudden, thrwoing me off guard.

“I don't know mom. I don't want to leave the kids alone,” I said, looking at the kids, who were talking to everyone. I smiled.

“Come on honey. You haven't gone out in 10 years. Come on. I'll even have a drink with you”, she said, pratically begging.

“Come on Ashley. I'll come out with you. I'll go with you to take the kids to your moms' and we'll drive back here”, Desiree offered, looking at me with pleading eyes.

“Alright. Kids, say bye to mum- mum and aunt Amber”, I replied, putting the kids jackets back on.

We finally left and the kids, Desiree and I were in my 2004 toyota 4-runner.

“So how you been girl? Desiree asked, looking at her.

“Alright I guess”, I replied, focusing on driving.

“Have you seen Nick lately?” She asked me, knowing she shouldn't have gone there.

“No, I haven't seen him in 10 years”, I replied sadly. I looked back at the kids, they were sleeping. “So how you been?” I asked her, trying to change the subject.

“I'm good”, she replied, looking out the window.

“How's Riley?” I asked her, looking at her then at the road.

“She's good. She's five now”, she replied, smiling.

“How come she wasn't with you at the bar?” I asked her, curious.

“She's with her father for the weekened. I don't trust the bastard. But he gets her every other weekened and on wedesdays”, she replied.

“Is Patrick good with her?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I have to admit. Riley loves him and I don't know why”, she laughed.

We finally dropped the kids off at my mother's. Desiree helped me carry the kids into the house and put them to bed. We unloaded everything out of the truck. Finally we returned to the bar. It was about 10:15 pm when we got there, so the place was packed. We got a table with my sister Amber and a couple of other people and my mom.
Chapter Six by Ashahole212
“Hey guys I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back”, I said, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

As I was walking towards the bathroom, I accidently bumped into someone on the way.

“Oh I'm sorry. Excuse me”, I said without looking up at the guy I just bumped into.

“No problem, girl”, he replied.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that voice from anywhere. I slowly turned around and I was face to face with the man I dreaded in the first place.

“Hey Ashley”, he said, looking at me.

“Hey Nick”, I replied, avoiding eye contact with him.

“How' are you?” He asked me, not turning his eyes away from me.

“I'm fine”, I manage to say, looking back at my table to see everyone looking over at me. “You?”

“Well I could say I'm fine, but I would be lying”, he confessed, staring into my eyes.

“Yeah same here”, I said, looking down at the ground. I was so nervous and I didn't know what to say. I should have had a million things to say to him because he was the father of my children, but my mind drew a complete balck and an awkward silence came about.

“Do you wanna go somewhere an talk alone?” He suddenly asked, breaking the silence amongst ourselves.

“Yeah sure. But hold on. I'll be right back”, I said, walking towards the table where everyone was.

“I see you found Nick”, my mom said, looking at me and smiling.

“Were gonna go in the back to talk, okay?” I said, looking straight at her. I knew she was up to something before. But I didn't expect this.

“Damn girl, Nick has gotten hotter than ever”, laughed Desiree, looking over my shoulder at him.

“I know right”, I suddenly said, not realizing what I said. I guess the alcohol was kicking in. I grabbed my beer and walked back over to where Nick was and we went in the back, the other part of the restaurant and sat at a table.

“You remember this place?” I asked him, trying to start up some conversation.

“Yeah. Every minute of it. This is where we used to hang out at and you worked at as well”, Nick said, smiling at the memories.

“Those were the good old days”, I said, laughing at the thought.

“Ashley, what happened between us?” He sudden asked, throwing me off guard.

“We had different dreams”, I simply said. 'Wow, that was easy', I thought to myself. “Your dreams were here and mine were in Maryland".

“Well you could of told me that 10 years ago”, Nick said, somewhat raising his voice a little.

“You were gonna complete your goals anyways. It was your job. Nick, your job consists of coming and going all the time. We were just 19 years old. You guys were becoming very big and you were so busy. I just did what was right. Let you complete your dream. That doesn't make me a bad person. I did you a favor. Not once did I call you and ask for child support. I didn't ask you for a dime. I was so worried that your life and career was gonna be ruined, I completely gave up my dreams. But these past 10 years, I've learned my dreams weren't ruined, they just didn't come in the order I wanted them to come”, I said softly, hoping he would understand.

“And I am so greatful for that Ashley. I really am. But damn, those are my kids too”, he said, raising his voice a little.

“I'm aware of that Nick”, I said, yelling back as well.

“For 10 years I've been trying to find you. I got your number from your sister, and I tried calling but no ones never home. I been miserable. Yeah on tv I may seem all happy, but off cameras I'm not. Last night I came in with A.J., the first time I been out in years. Last night was the first time I seen my children. Last night was the first time I saw you in 10 years in a picture. I wouldn't have recognize you if I hadn't seen those pictures your mother haves. I didn't know how many girls or boys I had. I don't know anything about them”, Nick said, trying to hold back his tears.

“Nick, I didn't mean to keep your children from you. That was the last thing I wanted to do. When I first told you we were having triplets, you gave me the hint of selfishness. But if it makes you feel any better, they know who you are. They are aware of you. They've seen pictures of you. They see you on tv. They hear you on the radio. I tell them stories about you. They love you, even if they never met you. Just like them crazy fans”, I said, smiling a little and placing his hand in mine.

“We have two boys and one girl. Nicholas Gene Carter Jr, Nathaniel Sean Carter, and Natalie Anne Carter. I'm glad you used my last name”, he said, pulling out the picture of me and the kids. “Oh and by the way, you look so beautiful. Even after having three children”, Nick said to me. I just blushed. I was flattered.

“Well taking care of three kids keeps you on your feet non-stop”, I said, laughing at myself.

“Can you tell me about them?” Nick asked me all the sudden, pratically pleading.

“Well all three of them are very smart. Each of them have their own individualily. Nick is very good in technology. He's always wondering how things work. Just like the other day, he took the microwave apart. But I'll tell you this, in 2 hours he had that thing put back together and working better then it did before. He loves the computer and finding things out. He loves cars. When I'm working on my car, he's always helping me out. He knows every tool in my tool box. All different kinds. He knows how to change the oil and fix minor things like the head lights or tail lights. He knows where everything is in the car but doesn't know how to fix them. He's the oldest and he shows it, by protecting Nate and Natty. His room has nothing but cars and a computer in it. And he doesn't play with toys”, I revealed, laughing at myself. “Nate, he's the biggest, so that's how you can tell the boys apart. He's also the strongest. He's more artistic. He loves music. He likes to play the guitar, so I taught him how to play the guitar and drums. But whatever intrument he wants to learn besides those, he has to take lessons. He loves watching movies and he's in every school play and musicals. He loves video games and I take him to some concerts. He's more outspoken then the rest. Basically he doesn't take shit from no one. He has posters all over his walls in his bedroom”, I said, laughing.

“He sounds like you. Doesn't take shit from no one”, Nick laughed, smiling at me.

“Yeah I guess so”, I replied, laughing as well. “Now Natty, she loves math. Whenever I'm doing my taxes or paying the bills, she helps me out by adding things up and coming up with better ways to pay the bills or do the taxes. She loves learning. She loves sports. She plays soft-ball in the spring and summer, soccer in the fall and basketball in the winter. She loves to do guy things. Like video games. All of them like video games. She likes 4- wheeling, cars. She doesn't know much as Nick does, but she just wants to be nosey. Their vocabulary is amazing. And all three of them are very smart”, I said, proudly. Looking down at the table.

“They have different interest and personalities that remind us how we were”, Nick laughed, looking at me.

“I know right”, I laughed as well.

“Where are they now?” Nick asked me, curiously.

“Over my mother's house. We're here for a couple of days and then go home”, I said sadly.

“And where's home?” He asked, playing dumb. “Your mom told me you did live in Maryland. You own like 5 houses down there”.

“We live in Louisiana right now. Just outside of New Orleans in a small town. We love it there. It's a good community”, I said proudly.

“Well that's good to hear”, Nick said feeling sad once again.
Chapter Seven by Ashahole212
We stared into eachother's eyes until he broke the silence.

“Can I see my children?” Nick asked me, his eyes filled with sadness.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I asked, feeling sorry for him.

“Well I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow morning, but after that, nothing at all”, he manage to say, becoming happy.

“Well... here's my cell phone number. Call me anytime after 11am. Me and the kids are going to the beach tomorrow. I promised them. So you can meet us there or something”, I explained, getting up.

“Thank you”, he replied, walking by my side, both of us going back into the bar.

~~The Next Day~~
(Nick's POV)

I walked in the building where I saw all the guys there, sitting around a big table.

“Hey Nick. How did it go last night?” A.J quickly asked me, not even giving me enough time to settle down.

“It went really great”, I said, smiling at the memory.

“What did you guys talk about?” Brian chimed in, giving me a big smile.

“Well... we talked alone. Mostly about the kids. I'm meeting them at the beach today. I have to call her at 11am”, I quickly said, looking at all the guys.

“What did she look like?” Brian asked, becoming serious.

“To tell you the truth, she looked beautiful. I mean you can't tell she had three children. Her personality hasn't changed a bit though”, I laughed. That was a good thing.

“How so?” A.J asked, looking at me with curiousity in his eyes.

“Well, not once did she think about herself. She didn't talk a lot about herself. But mostly the kids. She never thinks of herself”. I sat down in the chair, with the guys following the same. It was a little after 10 when my cell phone ranged. I was hoping it was Ashley, but I realized I didn't give her my number and a familiar voice came on the phone.

“Hey baby. What are you doing?” Mia, my girlfriend said on the other end of the phone. I never told her about Ashley or the triplets, so I lied to her.

“I have plans today. There's something I have to do”, I said in the phone.

“Aww baby. I wanted to spend some time with you today. I miss you”, she whined like a baby.

“I'm sorry, but I can't cancel. I been waiting almost 10 years for this moment”, I quickly said, but cussing at myself realizing what I just said.

“Why honey. What do you have to do? Can I join you?” She quickly asked, not giving me enough time to think.

“Well, my uncle is in town and I wanna to spend some time with him. I would want you to come, but it's best if you don't. He can be a wierdo sometimes”, I lied, hearing her whine on the other end. She was sometimes annoying though. But I did love her.

“Oh ok. Well tell your uncle I said hi, and I'll call you later on tonight. Have fun. I love you”, she said, slightly giggleling.

“I love you too”, I quickly said, and with that we hunged up. I realized it was a little after 11, so I called Ashley. I memorized her phone number.

“Hello?” A out of breath voice answered.

“Ashley?” I asked, not sure who it was.

“Hey Nick. What's up?” She asked me, a sound of happiness in her voice.

“Are you okay?” I asked, not knowing what to think.

“Yeah, I had to run towards to the phone.

“Oh. So what are you doing?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

“Well... I'm at Sunny Ben Beach. I'm with the kids and my sister Amber.

“Oh ok. Did you want me to meet you there?” I asked.

“Yeah. Um... how far are you away?” She asked me.

“About 20 minutes”.

“Well, were located at the docks and you'll see us because we have a big bright purple umbrella and no one is really here”, she explained.

“Okay then. I'll see you soon”, I said, laughing at her.

“Likewise”, and with that, we hunged up.

I was 20 minutes away, but I was so excited that I made it there in 10 minutes. I looked and saw a bright purple umbrella, just like Ashley described. I took my shoes off and walked through the sand. I walked over and saw Amber laying a beach chair. She looked up at me.

“Hey Nick. What's up?” She asked me, shealing her eyes away from the sun with her hand.

“Um...nothing much. Where's Ashley?” I asked becoming impatient.

“She's in the water with the kids”, she answered, pointing in the direction where Ashley was. She saw us and started walking toward me and Amber.

“Hey Nick. That was fast”, she said. I couldn't I speak. She looked beautiful in her bathing suit. I looked her up and down.

“There was no traffic”, I quickly lied, looking at her.

“Mommy?” A little girls' voice spoke behind Ashley, grabbing for her hand.

“Nick? I want you to meet someone. Nick, this Natalie. Natalie? Do you know who this is?” Ashley asked, bending down and meeting her level.

“Hey there. Do you know who I am?” I asked. I never had been so nervous in my entire life. She knodded yes and quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. I couldn't help but cry. I picked her up and held her tight in my arms. I looked over at Ashley, who was crying as well. All the sudden I heard boys yelling behind Ashley, tugging at her bathing suit.

“Mom! Mom!” The boys screamed, looking at me with confusion.

“Guys, do you know who this is?” She asked them, bending down their level as she did with Natalie.

They both knodded yes. I bent down to their level as well.

“You are Nick and you must be Nate. I am right?” I asked, amking sure of myself.

“Aren't you that dude from...what'ch ma call it...backstreet boys?” Nate said, trying not to laugh.

“Nate! Be nice. Now you know who that is”, Ashley scolded him. Natatlie and Nick laughed.

“Well, you are right about that. But I'm your father”, I said, wiping a tear from my eye, that escaped. They both went straight in my arms. It was the happiest moment of my life. For the rest of the day, we all played in the ocean.
Chapter Eight by Ashahole212
The sun was falling fast and night was arising. Ashley, Nick and the kids decided to go to chuckie cheezes for dinner. The kids were playing while Nick and Ashley sat at the table.

"I can't believe how big they are", Nick said in amazment.

"Yeah. They all three look like you", she replied, smiling at the kids as they were playing.

"I think you should move back to Florida. To get away from Louisiana", Nick insisted, looking at her.

"Well Louisiana is where the kids life's are. I couldn't do that to them. That's our home", Ashley said, looking at Nick with sad eyes.

"Well what about me?" Nick pleaded.

"What about you Nick? I'm not moving the kids to Florida. Louisiana is where there lives are and who are you to tell me what I should do?" Ashley said, sightly raising her voice.

"Well, did you ever think about me. I would like to be closer to my kids to", Nick said, raising his voice as well.

"Well then you move to Louisiana", Ashley said, calming down.

"No. My life is here", Nick looked at Ashley, then at the kids.

"Well you know what. I'm staying in Louisiana", Ashley yelled, getting up from the table. "You know what, you haven't changed. You've always been selfish and always thought about yourself and no one else".

"Mom, can I have some more tokens?" Nate asked, tugging at Ashley's shirt.

"No honey. Go get your sister and brother. We're leaving", Ashley said, looking down at him.

"Aww, but mom. I want to stay longer", cried Nate.

"I said now", she hollered, looking at him.

"What you do? Piss her off?" Nate said, looking at Nick.

Ashley rounded up the kids things and stormed out of the restaurant leaving Nick behind.

~~3 weeks later~~

~~Ashley's POV~~

I was cleaning the house while the kids were in school and all the sudden I heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I answered, slightly opening the door.

'MIss Roberts?" The officer asked.

"Yes? Is something wrong?" I asked. A million things ran through my mind at that moment. I thought something was wrong with one of my babies.

"This is for you", the officer said, handing my an envolope with my name on it.

"Thank you". I closed the door and quickly opened it. It was from Nick. I sat down at the kitchen table and continued to read.

Nick was trying to fight for custody of the kids. I knew I had no worries because I can out smart him, but what really killed me was the custody hearing wasn't for another 3 weeks and in the mean time Nick gets to keep the kids until then.

My whole life came crumbling to the ground. Tears starting pouring out. I knew I had to be strong, but what the hell was I gonna do without my kids. They were like my air. Without them I can't breathe.

I quickly got my shit together and called Nick.

"Hello?" Nick answered quickly, a little out of breath.

"Who the fuck are you to take MY kids away from me. What gives you the right to fight me in court for custody of these kids. I can't believe this Nick. After 10 years...why Nick", I screamed while fresh tears poured out my eyes.

"Well Ashley, I don't mean to hurt you, but I have no other choice. You won't let me see my children, well were gonna let the court take care of it. Take care Ashley". And with that, Nick hung up.

I sat there in disbeleief with the phone still against my ear. My heart sanked. Suddenly I could hear the kids coming in the house.

"Mommy, why are you crying? Natalie asked, crawing on my lap.

"You guys, I have something to tell you", I said, wiping the tears from eyes and staying calm.

"What is it?" Nicky asked, looking confused.

"You guys are gonna stay with your father for awhile", I said, looking at them.

"No mom. I hate him. You can't do this to us? Nate screamed.

"It's just for 3 weeks until we go to court", I said, looking down at the ground, trying to hold my tears back.

"In Florida right? Mom I hate Florida. What about our friends, school? What about you?" Natalie replied, panicking.

"Your dad is trying to fight for custody, but he's not gonna win. You guys will be home before you know it", I said, looking on the positive side.

"Well we will be close to grandmom and all our aunts and uncles", Nicky said as well looking on the bright side.

"This is bullshit", Nate said walking away.

I shook my head agreeing with him, then finally realizing what he said. "Hey watch your mouth".
I tried not to laugh.
Chapter Nine by Ashahole212
~~Nick's POV~~

I saw the car pull up in my driveway. I knew my kids were in there. I quickly ran outside to greet them. When I got to the car, I notice the kids were crying. I felt even worst. I just hurt the woman I loved, and now my kids.

"Hey guys", I quickly greeted, grabbing some of their bags.

All the kids quickly ran inside not even saying hello. I walked inside the house behind them with their things.

"Wow. This house is huge", cried Nicky, looking around.

"You guys, let me show your rooms", I said walking toward the stairs.

"Why, we won't be here for long", said Nate, angryly.

I just shrugged if off and they all three followed me upstairs. I showed each of their rooms and then we were all in the kitchen.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked them. Three sad faces looke my way.

"Yeah I am", Natalie replied, looking at the boys.

"Can we call mom?" Nate asked all the sudden, throwing me off guard.

I didn't see why not but then again I wanted to spend at least 10 minutes with them without mentioning Ashley's name.

"We'll call her in a little bit, okay?" I said, looking at Nate. I knew he hated me so I knew right away I was going to have problems with him.

"No, I want to call her now!" Nate screamed, running towards the phone.

I didn't know what to do. I knew I couldn't keep him away from his mom.

"Hello?" A voice said on the other line.

"Mom?"Nate said, trying not to cry,

"Oh, honey", Ashley said, starting to cry.

"Mom, I want to come home now", he said, starting to cry as well.

"I know honey. I want you to too. But 3 weeks okay?" She said crying.

"I hated it here", Nate replied, crying still. "Why does this have to happen to us. We were perfectly fine the way the things were".

"I know sweetheart. What are you guys doing? Is he treating you well?" Ashley asked all at once.

"Yeah I guess. But I don't want to be here", he cried.

"Can I talk to your sister or brother?" Ashley asked all the sudden.

"Hi mom", Natalie said, trying not to cry.

"Hi honey. I miss you guys so much. Are you okay?" She asked still crying.

"Mom, why are you crying? We'll be home in 3 weeks", Natty said all the sudden.

"I know honey, but I can't wait that long. I love you so much. Can I talk to Nicky?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah. I love you too", she said, giving the phone to Nicky.

"Hi mom", he said, starting to cry.

"Hey little man. Listen, you take care of your brother and sister and you call me okay?" Ashley said all at once.

"I will. I love you", he said and with that they hung up.

I felt so bad. Listening to their conversation I wanted to cry. I wonder how Mia is going to get along with them or the other way around. I know I'm going to have trouble with Nate. This is going to be a long ride.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2118