The Chronicles of the Eclipses by Jamelet
Summary: **FINAL CHAPTER POSTED** Welcome to the world of murder and drugs, A detective needing help calls for a reliable source to help track down his missing partner. What neither of them knew was how deep in the gang they would be pulled into and what dangers they will face. R&R.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie, Group
Genres: Action, Drama, Horror, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 78286 Read: 39443 Published: 05/03/04 Updated: 06/04/05

1. Permission to Scream by Jamelet

2. Into Their Lair by Jamelet

3. Learning Another Way by Jamelet

4. Perilous Tricks by Jamelet

5. Blood Work by Jamelet

6. Executioner's Style by Jamelet

7. Another Dimension by Jamelet

8. Senseless Words by Jamelet

9. Blood Line by Jamelet

10. His Line of Duty by Jamelet

11. Surreal Actions by Jamelet

12. Alluding Fragrance by Jamelet

13. Sweat, Blood and Tears by Jamelet

14. Bloody Tears by Jamelet

15. Lunar Turbulence by Jamelet

16. Dead Man's Path by Jamelet

17. An Outbreak Source by Jamelet

18. Breaking New Ground by Jamelet

19. Deadly Wrath by Jamelet

20. Signs of Death by Jamelet

21. Troubling Mass by Jamelet

22. The Return Of Armerian by Jamelet

23. The Unleashed by Jamelet

Permission to Scream by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”

-“What do we have to fear but fear itself.”- Unknown

**~Permission to Scream~**

She slumps back in the recliner, gazing at the still laptop screen before her. Her light grey eyes scroll over to the decrypted black leather bound book on the desktop. Her light tan caramel fingers crawl over the book, fingering the edge of it: the white heavyweight papers lies un-touch beneath its black cover. Coral gulps, sliding further in her seat, her eyes locked on the laptop screen as her hands cups her police badge. She had worked long and hard to become a detective for the past seven years and now more than ever, she was grateful she was alive and well to stare at her golden badge that held her honor. Before she could send out the e-mail, she quickly scans over the long extended research paper on the gang she was living with for the past six months.

Sighing, she cracks her neck, blowing out a strand of cinnamon hair away from her plump red full lips. ‘Perhaps I could sell this story with no name about this gang. No one would probably believe me except my department.’ She thinks to herself, smirking, recalling when she first got the news of her next task. She was thrilled to be working on something new but when her boss told her what the next task would be, she was quick to change to her mind. Coral sighs and closes her eyes, smiling gently as she recalls her first meeting with her new partner and the news that had changed the rest of her life.
~*~

The oak door creaks gently open, allowing entrance to Coral who slipped into the large conference room. The pinewood smell greets her presence as she steps into the room. Her eyes scan over the orderly thick mahogany shelves aligning the interior of the office as a tall glass pane window faces out in the city below her. Smiling, she waves at the tall elegant man, Andrew, her boss. “Morning sir. What’s with the news?”

“Ahh yes Coral. Good morning to you. I have a request to ask of you.” Andrew whispers, he passes his hands through his neatly combed black hair, fidgeting with his black tie as he takes a seat behind his office desk. The dark recliner groans with his weight as he stares back at her.

Coral raises her dark eyebrows and smirks, taking a seat in a cushioned chair before him. “Request huh? I hope this is something good.”

“Well it depends on how you define good.” Andrew whispers, clasping his hands on the top of his desk. His dark eyes trail down a sheet of paper on the open manila folder as he takes a deep breath.

Coral narrows her eyes, sitting back in the chair. “Andrew just tell me. What’s going on?”

Andrew clears his throat, his heavy pale hands quiver over the sheet of paper on his desk. “Ok, very well. You’ve been a well trained detective for the past few years working here in this department and I think its time to take on a new task.” He pauses and hands Coral the sheet of paper that was irking him.

Coral takes the white paper, her eyes glancing quickly over the letter as she gulps and raises her eyes back at him. “Andrew, you can’t be serious.”

“I’m sorry but it is. The story has it that a group of an all male gang has been ruling and terrorizing the citizens of Davenport, Florida. I’m sending you down there on a mission to find the leader of this mafia and end it once and for all.”

Coral smirks, shaking her head, “Why me? Do you honestly believe I can get in contact with these men?”

“Actually that’s all been set up. And you can have contact through your partner.”

“Excuse me? Did you just say partner? I work alone Andrew and you know it.”

Andrew sighs and closes the manila folder on his desk, “For this task, you’ll need this man’s help. He’s a detective in that area and has been trying to get close to ending the gang’s order.”

“Hold up. I don’t understand. We deal with mafias and gangs all the time here in New York. Why the difference down there and why does this involve us or rather me?”

Andrew blows out a puff of air, nervously glancing around his office, staring at his window, viewing the Manhattan skyline. “Howie, your partner has been working on it and has heard of your success in catching the kingpins of New York’s gangs. Hence he wants your help for this thing down in Florida.”

Coral clicks her tongue on the roof of her mouth. “Right of course. And when do I meet this man?”

Andrew grins and pushes the intercom on his desk, contacting the receptionist up front. “Gail, can you send in Mr. Dorough please?”

Crackling and buzzing is heard through the intercom as the receptionist voice responds back, “Yes sir, he’s on his way now.”

“Thank you, I’ll make sure to repay you back later for keeping him on wait for a while.”

Gail’s voice bubbles in laughter over the intercom as Andrew raises his head and hands Coral a pair of tickets. “Here are your flights back. Howard already knows the concept of the task at hand so I’ll let him explain when he gets here. Just make sure that you keep a daily journal once you gain access into the mafia’s sector.”

Coral shakes her head in utter confusion as the office door is opened. Both pairs of eyes turn to see an average height Latin man enter the room, his dark eyes and hair gave off a sudden air of dignity that like Andrew, called for command and attention. Coral smiles at Howie, letting her eyes do the roaming for the moment as her newly assigned partner graces across the floor dressed wonderfully in a black business suit.

Howie stands before Coral, extending his hand out to her as she gracefully clasps his hand for a solid shake. “Nice to meet you. Andrew didn’t tell me you were this beautiful in person.”

Coral lets out a sudden giggle as she pulls her hand away, feeling her cheeks catch a hint of warm flush since the presence of this man. “Yes well, Andrew tends to keep such things under wraps.”

“And I can see why. If he told me what a beauty I would be working with, I might have been blinded on my work.” Howie graciously responds, shaking Andrew’s awaiting hand.

“Well now that you both met, I’ll leave you two alone so you can get the rest of the information you need Coral.” Andrew states, exiting the office, closing the door behind him.

“Well Howard. What is this I heard about you needing my help?” Coral states: placing her hands on her hips, tugging on her short black pelted skirt that was slowly riding up her thighs.

Howie smiles, his eyes catching sight of her exposed thighs. “Just call me Howie and I heard about your connections with gangs. The reason I asked for your help is because I fear I lost a good partner while working on this case. His name is Kevin, no one has heard anything from him since the past month and his wallet was found by the police with missing valid information. I have an idea that Kevin is now working for this gang and I want to get him back and save those that are in there.”

Coral leans back, almost sitting on the edge of Andrew’s office desk. “So we’re to save a bunch of men along with your partner out of the clutches of the main leader of the gang?”

“Yes. The group is called “The Eclipses” Which is an all male group formed of about forty and multiplying in number as we speak in population. The men range from as early as about sixteen to about forty years or so, with their leader Armerian in charge.” Howie speaks, eyeing Coral’s every action.

She smiles, blushing at the man’s gaze as she clears her throat. “The Eclipses huh? Very well. So how do you propose I get into this group if it’s only men?”

Howie licks his lips, smirking, “Well I think it’s about due time for a change don’t ya think?”

“You make it sound simple.”

“It isn’t, but I wanted to sound encouraging.” Howie whispers, trailing his fingers over the sheet of paper Coral is holding in her hands.

Coral giggles, handing Howie the sheet. Howie tucks the sheet of paper into his inner pocket of his jacket as he continues to talk, “Coral correct?” He pauses.

She nods and waits for him to continue.

Howie exhales slowly and gulps, “I don’t know if you know anything about this new group, but in a matter of months this mafia has grown to be known around the state as one of the most violent groups ever existing.”

“Do you want me to be scared at this point?” Coral stands up straight, moving away from the desk, her long cinnamon locks brushing loosely down her back.

Howie smirks, “I hope not. I’m just letting you know that what you’ll be seeing aren’t the horror movies. It’s worse.”

Coral nods her head, gulping down the fear and nausea that suddenly throbbed in her throat. “Lucky for you I love horror movies.”

“Well then this should be an experience then right?” Howie asks, leading the way out of the office.

“Yup, adventures always excite me.” Coral smiles: stepping out Andrew’s office and locking the door behind her.

“This will be one adventure that will keep you up awake at nights.”

Coral smirks, “I don’t get scared that easily.” And she heads to her office to grab her wallet before catching up to Howie and Andrew who were discussing the new task at hand. She smirks, leaning on her office threshold watching Howie’s movement as he talks to Andrew a few feet away. She never worked with anyone on a case since she was fast on her feet and no one in the department had the energy and same ambition to solve some cases around her as quick as she did. But she raises her eyebrows, wondering for the first time why Andrew would assign her a partner for the first time. Was this case too difficult that she would need to rely on someone else? It was strange for her. It seemed like now she had to watch out for someone’s life as well as her own and she didn’t know if she was up for that. Something inside her told her maybe this man, Howie would come in useful after all. He did have access to the gang’s location and dealings and he has records of their past trading and such. She had only vaguely heard of “The Eclipses” and their money hungry leader. They did dangerous dealings with drugs and most of the members there were either forced to become part of the gang or mandated to follow through with certain things for the safety of their very own lives. She lets her thoughts wonder away as her name was called by Andrew.

“Coral, you’ll be catching a flight this evening with this man and should arrive in Florida shortly. Make sure you keep tabs on the notes.” He pauses, handing Coral a black leather bound book, the thick white pages hungry for usage as Coral touches the papers. “And here’s a cell phone for any emergency notices you might want us to know or if you need anything, supplies and such.” He states, handing her a black Motorola mobile phone.

Coral smirks, slipping the phone and the book into the inner pockets of her black blazer jacket. “Will do sir. But I have a question, if I’m to head out shortly, what will I take with me? I haven’t even packed.” She eyes him as Howie nods.

“I’ve already taken care of that.” Howie states, snapping his fingers for the entrance of a golden hair beauty strolling into the hallway with two carry on suitcases and a full backpack.

“I had my assistant help buy you some items that a woman might need. You have all the essentials: socks, shoes of all kinds, shirts, skirts and jeans. As well as some boots and sneakers. I even made sure you have the basic needs of everything from a soap to a toothbrush.” Howie smiles, calling the fair haired woman over to him.

Coral smiles gently, eying the woman. She was a tall slender woman with honeysuckle locks that topple and caress down her back beautifully. The woman’s eyes shine wildly in its mixed colors of blue and green swirls as her snowy complexion glittered in the harsh white florescent lights above them. Howie’s voice breaks her thoughts on the woman. “I would like to introduce you to one of my vital members on the force at the precinct I work in Palm Beach. Coral this is Arianna, Arianna meet Coral.”

Both woman greet each other briefly, each eying the other curiously.

“Yes well Coral sweetie. I think its time to head out.” Andrew breaks the silence, eyeing the three before him.

Howie nods, “Yes we have a flight to get to and we don’t want to miss it.” And he slips a backpack on his shoulder, heading out of the police station with Arianna following.

Coral faces Andrew, chewing on her lower lip. “Well off I go then.”

“Alright and Coral?” Andrew whispers, his dark eyes holding a seldom look.

“Yes?”

“Good luck, you’ll need it.” He states, waving her off as she smiles and gives the man a quick embrace.

“I’ll be fine. I have a team now, who would have thought?” She smirks, exiting the station to catch up to Howie and Arianna.

Andrew watches her slip out of the glass front doors and sighs, feeling the gaze of his receptionist on him. “What?”

Gail smiles gently, brushing back a lock of her blood red hair, “You’re worried about her.”

Andrew nods, “I should be. She doesn’t know what she’ll see over there. I fear her safety greatly but with another person there to help her out, I can breathe a little easier tonight.”

“Perhaps.” Gail whispers, answering a phone call at the front desk.

Andrew sighs and heads back to his office to get some work done, thoughts of the deadly task, itching his mind.
~*~

“Here, let me take that for you.” Coral helps Arianna carry some of the luggage on the parking lot. Arianna smiles and hands a suitcase to her as she manages to carry another load of clothes and items in a tote bag.

As the three make their way to an awaiting vehicle, Coral’s curiosity was getting the best of her and she needs vital data on the task she was to do. “Howie, I have a few questions to ask if you don’t mind.”

Howie gazes over her, nodding his head, his soft caramel tan complexion shining gently in the mid-afternoon sun. “Sure.”

“What’s with the name?”

Howie smirks, “My momma named me that, not sure really…”

He gets cut off as Arianna intercepts, “Howie, she was asking why the gang calls themselves the Eclipses.”

Howie smirks, “Oh that, well then.” He pauses, clearing his throat at the minor embarrassment he had. “They tend to do their dirty work in the night and since they’re known to be usually handsome and attractive, something pretty like an actual eclipse, they carry the name.”

Coral smiles gazing at Arianna who had a please grin sprawled on her cheeks. “Handsome men huh? Sounds like I’m the lucky one then.”

Howie smiles, “You may be one of the luckiest women around then.”

“Maybe. So about the gang we’re to find, you said they were known for violent attacks and outbreaks right?”

He nods, licking his lower lip slowly, “Yes. Its weird, all the members are trained in artillery to perfection, even those of the young ages carry a pistol or such with ease like a trained solider for battle.”

“And they’re known for the drugs, what type exactly?” Coral ask, reaching a black rented SUV, helping Arianna load the luggage in the backseats.

Howie loads the last of the luggage, flinging the heavy back pack on the growing pile of clothes and items gathered. “From your basic hallucinations drugs to the all out mother of drugs.”

“Mother of drugs? What’s that, the crack, cocaine?” Coral asks: boarding in the back seat as Arianna takes the driver’s seat up front. Howie boards the passenger seat, buckling his seatbelt before he answered her question.

“Oh no, it’s more of thick mixture of the drugs at their most potent. They have a name for it, “Pandora’s box. It’s the ultimate drugs for those heavily addicted. The gang has succeeded with the development of such a drug that its trade and sold worldwide, bringing a hefty profit for the Eclipses. They seem to have made a name for themselves with that.”

“Pandora’s box? Pretty nifty huh? Why the name?” Arianna smirks, pulling the vehicle down the busy streets.

“When the drug is taken from the box, all hell as its said ensues, of course one will be addicted immediately.” Howie responds.

“Sounds like it. So Arianna, how long have you been in the police department down in Florida?” Coral asks, leaning back in the leather seat, hoping to get her mind off the job for a moment.

“Just call me Ari. And I’ve been doing this for almost twelve years now.” Arianna states causally, entering a highway.

“Twelve years?!” Coral whispers in shock, “That would make you how old then?”

Howie laughs, intercepting for a moment, “I never could ask that question, I’m not suppose to know her age, she said it was rude for a man to ask her that.”

Arianna chuckles, her slender hands grip the steering wheel as she drives them down one lane, turning towards the exit where the airport is at. “Cover your ears Howie.” Smirking, she does a quick glance behind mouthing out a number.

Laughing, Coral shakes her head, “You’re older than I am.”

“Twenty nine isn’t that old. I figured I still have a good year left in my twenties before I hit the sad thirties.” Arianna smirks, gazing at Howie besides her. “So I look young to you then Coral?”

“Yes. But that’s a good thing.”

“Good. I feel a number is just a number. I’m as young as I feel. And right now I feel as feisty as twenty year old and as horny as a fifteen year old.”

Coral breaks into a laugh as Howie joins along, everyone chuckling in ease. Arianna pulls up into the airport as they gather their belongings exiting the vehicle.

“Ok, one last question before we get on the flight.” Coral states, adjusting her back pack as they head over to their gate.

Arianna and Howie gaze at her as she formulates the last question for the time being. “You said they’re trained extremely well in the fighting tactics and weaponry, so are we bringing some of our own toys with us?” She smirks, giving her ticket to an employer at the airport.

Howie smiles, “We’ll bring our stuff, you’ll see. You’ll like what we have at our station.”

“Good, can’t wait to see what you have stored down there.” Coral gives him an impish grin, walking past him on the line.

Arianna giggles, shaking her head, “Way a go D man, you got yourself a smart one who can play back that game of yours.” Teasing him, she hands an airport employer her ticket.

Howie rolls his eyes, laughing as he hands his ticket over as well, joining the two women down the hallway to check their bags.
~*~

He runs quickly, his heart slamming against his chest as he fumbles for his cell. “Oh damn.” He gasps, turning a corner on a street and realizing it was a dead end street. “Uhhhh, hell no! This can’t be!” He backs up until his back was pressed against the hard cold granite stone wall, his breathing coming out irregular. He struggles to maintain calm, as he tries to call through the police, but the frequency in this particular area was too weak to pull the call through. He gulps, shaking his head in fear as three men blocked the only exit he had to escape. How he got here was still a mystery. He was chased a few blocks back as some men tried to kidnap him. He watches the three youths, the youngest in the center looked no more than sixteen years of age holding a semi-automatic at him.

The other two older boys inch closer to their victim, one holding a knife and bat. While the other held a metal bat and magnum at waist level. All three of the young men wore the gang colors of black and red and all three wore a wool mask over their face so their identity was concealed. The youngest one laughs, his lean tan shoulders poked through his black tank top as he steps closer to his victim. “You’re wanted.”

The man gulps and stares at the youth in confusion. “What?”

“Ain’t you A.J.?” The young man asks, holding his magnum tightly at him.

A.J. nods slowly, “How you know my name?”

“Didn’t I tell you, you’re wanted. Our leader wants you to be a part of our group.”

A.J. steps away from the wall, eyeing the young teenager. “Me? Be apart of your group? That’s alright, I’ll pass it up.”

The other two men snarl as gun shots went off around him. A.J. cringes at the loud bullets as the copper shells struck the wall behind him. “This ain’t no joke. You’re in, whether you said so or not.”

“And if you wanna live today, I say you follow us or die.” The older teenager holding the metal bat responds.

A.J. gulps, raising his hands up, “Why me?”

“Cause the leader said so. So you walking or should we shoot you now?” The youngest of the group responds, holding his gun with ease and profession.

A.J. gazes at the men and nods, sighing. ‘This is like the green line, my last walk.’ And he shuffles alongside the men, their weapons aimed at him as he gulps, his heart pounding rapidly at what could be happening next.
~*~

He laughs, enjoying the soft giggle coming from his child who wobbles slowly over to the edge of the pond, waving at a row of ducks swimming past him. “Easy there honey.” His wife calls out, taking her son’s little hand leading him away from the pond.

Brian stands up and heads over to the bench to gather their stuff. He turns to catch up to his wife and child but crashes into five black and red dressed men blocking his path. Brian skids to a stop to see a wool mask teenager pointing a pistol his way. Gulping, he backs away slowly, gazing at the five men before him, each wearing a mask to cover their face.

“Look I don’t have much money on me alright? I have a family over there.”

One of the men breaks into a laugh and snarls, “We’re not robbing you. You’re coming with us now.”

“Excuse me?”

“Bad in hearing? I said you coming with us now.” The gang member hisses out.

Brian shakes his head, eying to see where his wife is and she was out of clear view. He only thanks God that she won’t come back to get him for fear of someone getting hurt. “Why?”

“You ask too many questions.” Another member hisses out, loading his pistol.

Brian gulps, “Wait, don’t shoot!”

“Well shut the hell up and come with us NOW!” Another member growls out, aiming his magnum at him.

Brian closes his eyes, “Wait! What about my family? What will happen to them?”

Another member chuckles, grabbing Brian by the arm, “We’ll make sure they’re well taken care of.”

Brian shakes his head, “Where am I going?”

“With us punk.” Another wool masked member hisses out.

“Our leader will be pleased to see we got ya.” One of the black and red gang members hisses out.

Brian gulps as he was tugged along to a black tinted Benz, he looks over one of the young men’s shoulders, his last glance at his wife as he was pushed into the vehicle.
~*~

He yawns, trudging down the aisle, throwing a few food items into his cart. He reaches the end of the aisle and was about to turn into another food aisle when he crashes into someone. Nick cringes and looks up, “Ohhh ahhh, I’m so sorry sir. I didn’t see ya there.”

The tall muscular man gazes at him, a black trench coat draped over his shoulders as he gazes at the young fair headed man. “That’s ok. Look before you turn.”

Flustered Nick nods his head, “Uh yeah, right.” And he pushes the metal cart pass the man. Suddenly he feels his arm grabbed from behind as he was turned to face the attractive man glaring back at him. Nick gulps, shivering at the color red pupils the man has in his eyes.

“Like the color kid?” The deep tenor voice erupts from the dark cinnamon colored man.

“Uh cool contacts.” Nick mumbles, brushing away the grip, taking a step back.

“Thanks. I like ya kid.” The man states, a small grin appearing on his muscular face. “Tell ya what. Why don’t you come with me? I know a lot of friends who think you’d be cool to hang with.”

Nick stands a few inches away from the man, shaking his head, “Uh that’s aight. I have plans today.”

“And let me guess, hanging out with strangers isn’t one of them.” The man states, running his heavy hands through his thick set full of black hair.

“Yeah pretty much.” Nick growls out annoyed, wondering why he was still talking to the guy. Heading back to the cart, he was ready to walk away but stops at the cold touch of a weapon pressed on his hip.

“Maybe you might wanna think that through.” The man growls out.

Nick, not turning back, knew a pistol was on him. Gulping nervously, he could hear his heart beat so loudly that it seemed to thump from his ears. “You’re one of the Eclipses right?”

“Smart kid. Can think. I got orders to take you back with me now. Our leader Armerian wants to see you.” His thick voice rasps through Nick’s ears.

“You’re leader?”

“Yup. Make this easy for yourself. You’re going with me alive or dead. It doesn’t matter to me either way I’m still delivering to the boss.”

Nick raises his arms, facing the man, his cold sapphire orbs glare at the man as the gang member simply laughs, grasping Nick’s arm and leading him out to the back area of the supermarket, exiting the shopping area. He leads Nick to a decrypted parking lot where a dusty red jaguar was waiting for them. He pushes the young man into the passenger seat, all the while holding the pistol in his hand. “Now you behave and you might just make it to see our boss alive.” He grins, sliding into his driver seat, peeling the vehicle away from the abandoned parking lot.
~*~

Howie smiles, seeing the two women chatting away happily like old school friends. His eyes wonder over to the window as the plane slowly begins to move down the lane. He feels a soft touch on his hand and turns to see Coral smiling at him. “Hey you.”

“Hey I have a question. Since well, since we’re all working together. Can you tell me what happened with your partner exactly?” Coral asks curiously, leaning back in her cushioned seat.

Howie clears his throat, gazing at the window. “Uh yeah. I guess you’re right. Well uh, it was a month ago and we were on the edge of closing a case…” He begins, closing his eyes as he continues the story:

He sighs loudly annoyed, gazing over at Howie frustrated. “This is the only part of the job I hate. The waiting.” Kevin smirks, crossing his arms as he slides down his driver’s seat, waiting impatiently.

Howie chuckles: taking a sip out of his coffee, gazing at his raven haired friend, “Well this is always the fun part.”

Kevin smirks, “Yeah of course, you tell that to the cramp on my leg I got sitting here for hours.”

“I’ll make sure to do when I come back.” Howie chuckles, opening his side of the car door to buy something to eat.

“Where you going?” Kevin asks, leaning back in his seat.

“Getting something to eat. You want something?”

Kevin grimaces, shaking his head, “Na, no wait can you get the vanilla latte?”

Howie laughs, nodding his head as he closes the car door behind and crosses the street to the small café on the corner. He enters a café across the street. As he enters the coffee shop, he was greeted by the sweet intoxicating smell of vanilla, chocolate and caramel whiffs coming from the grinding coffee machines. As he eases his way over to the counter to order, he glances over to the store window staring at what seemed like a large figure hounding over the driver’s window of his car where Kevin was at. His eyes stay focus on that, as concern crept over him. Howie pushes through a large crowd that suddenly filled the coffee shop as he tries to make his way out of the shop. Painstakingly slowly, he manages to exit the shop, racing over his car. He peers at the car window to see that the large figure was no longer there and as he opens the car door on the driver’s side, Kevin had disappeared as well. Confusion lurked him as he scans his eyes through the car. There was nothing there that could have made Kevin just get up and leave and let alone with a stranger. But he gasps as his eyes caught a blood stain symbol of a circle and upside down V together: the symbol of the Eclipses. He gulps, “Damn! Oh God. They have him.” He whispers, shaking his head in disbelief as he leans on the side of the car. He just lost his partner and now he feared Kevin was either dead at the moment or forced to join the gang.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Into Their Lair by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

-“What do we have to fear but fear itself.”-Unknown

**~Into Their Lair~**

He pulls open the glass French doors, stepping out into the balcony. His light eyes gaze over the quiet city below him as a gentle breeze brush his cheeks. Kevin inhales deeply, taking in the sweet odor of fresh flowers blooming in the early summer evening. He gulps and closes his eyes for a moment, shutting out the memories of his past. It hurts too much to recall his past life, his job that was forcefully taken away from him. Everything beautiful and peaceful that he held and treasured so close was taken away in one single move. He hated the gang, their violent ways, their leader, and most of all he hated himself for giving up and not fighting back. It has been too long of a battle before he gave up and accepted the gang. Everyday he woke up, he wished it was just a nightmare that would disappear: that all the agony of loneliness will simply disappear. But that wasn’t the case for him. He was stuck living in world of horror and violence where now instead of stopping the bad guys, he was the one committing the crimes, breaking the laws and getting away with it.

He grips the metal rail, his eyes downcast as he scans the orange glow horizon before him. He checks his wristwatch, gulping knowing he will be called to join the others. Seems more men were being forced to join the gang under Amerian’s order and that worried Kevin. How was he to save those if he himself needed saving. Walking out of the suite that was provided for him, he quickly exits the expensive condo and decides to hide in the silhouette of the building. After going through a few twist and turns in alleyways of the surrounding buildings, Kevin spots a lit modern metal building, taller than the other counterparts. He slowly walks to the dusty glass stain revolving doors, taking a side stairwell located in the lobby of the vacant institution in the corner. Upon reaching the bottom, a metal door blocked his further traveling. He pushes an ID code besides the door at the security box, placing his hands on the metal tray for identification: the door beeps and slides open. Stepping into a darkly lit room, the soft orange glow of the lights in the ceiling cast an eerie beam on the earth color metal tiles as he sees a large group of men already surrounding the perimeter of the room. Many of them whisper and chuckle, others remained silent as death, numbed and shocked to speak.

A man slaps Kevin on the shoulder as he nods, allowing a smile to crawl his lips. The man chuckles and points to the center of the room responding: “I heard three men were caught today. Looks like Amerian might make an appearance tonight.”

Kevin simply nods and watches from behind a row of men as footsteps echo over to his center left. Three cement steps leading to a small oval concrete stage was overshadowed by a large muscle bound figure. Kevin gulps, his heart picking up pace as Amerian cloaked in black, slowly descends down the steps. The tall man, their leader seemed to be only wearing a cloak across his shoulders, revealing his muscle tone tan chest and abdomen, his arms rippled in either the evening heat or dew from the room as he steps on the ground facing them all. The leather pants crinkle as Amerian goes down the steps. Everyone stops and watches in silence or out of fear as their leader makes his appearance. The silence in the room was unimaginable, Amerian demanded attention and he knew he will get it every time he shows up. Smiling, Amerian gazes around, his harsh blue within blue eyes capture everyone in his gaze. That was the one thing that Kevin feared. That man’s eyes: the unnatural color of it and how all that can be seen was the entire blue orbs, no whites of any kind.

Amerian hisses and smiles, running a hand through his shaven tan bald head. He is attractive man, one who can draw people to him with his physical appeal. It didn’t surprise Kevin to know why he himself was chosen to be a part of such a group and as he nervously gazes around to the other gang members: he could see the physical attractiveness that led each of those unlucky souls to become part of the Eclipses. Kevin sighs in defeat and hopelessness imagining what the new captured men must be going through.

“I want to welcome you all here.” Amerian boldly speaks: his deep bass voice resounds and echoes in the room as he steps closer to the center of the floor. “As you all know, today is a day of grand festivity. We have new brothers among us as we speak. I want you to meet them and begin showing them the ropes to our regulations and what we expect of them.” Amerian smiles: gazing around at some of the men in gang. “But before I reveal them to you, I’ll need assistance to train the men in everything from artillery to combat. Who among you will take on this task?” He hisses out, eying everyone slowly.

Kevin gulps and hears one of the guys behind him poke him on the shoulder and whisper into his ear: “This could be your chance to impress our leader Kevin.”

Kevin shakes his head, impress Amerian: that was a task within it self. Though the concept of taking hold of the new comers would help advance him to gain trust from their so called leader, it did seem like a good idea and he nervously raises his hand, taking a step forward.

Amerian gazes over at him and smiles, “Richardson. You want to uphold this task?”

“Yes.” Kevin whispers out confidently. Maybe he can find a way to gain access and leave this corrupt life behind. Even if it meant he’d risked his life, he would do what it would take to leave this gang life and get a hold of his once beautiful life that was stolen away from him. “I can help out the new ones and bring out the best in them.”

Amerian held smug smile across his handsome face as he nods, “Very well. But remember you’re being watched. If anything goes wrong, you’ll die and I won’t hesitate with anyone else. Do you all understand me?” He growls out, seeing all the heads nod quickly in respond. “Good. Well let’s bring them out then.” He claps his hands quickly as four gang members drag out three men from a dark cell behind the room. The three were dumped before Amerian’s feet, all three with their heads down, their hands tied together with rope behind their back.

Kevin gasps, seeing a familiar face among the new comers. ‘Oh God…they got him too.’ He thinks to himself, seeing his younger cousin caught a mist all the chaos. He watches in shock at the three men, they all seemed so young, in their twenties or so. His eyes gaze over a tall fair haired man who was shaking quietly in fear. Another man was heavily marked with tattoos down both his tan arms as he too seemed in shock. Kevin glances over to his cousin: the dirty blonde man slumped on the ground on his knees, lost in thought. Kevin glances up at Amerian’s voice.

“These three were just captured today. You are responsible for their artillery tactics and mode of regulations for them. They are to be trained for the next two weeks and become professionals by the end of those weeks.”

Kevin sighs and nods, approaching the three men who all seemed dazed and lost at the moment.

“They will be heavily sedated during certain hours of the days. We can’t have them running out into the streets and proclaim our activities to the world. So for two hours between one and four in the afternoon, they will be drugged. The less they remember about their past lives, the better we’ll be.” Amerian smiles watching the tattooed man hiss and scream out:

“HELL NO!! LET ME GO! I SWEAR YOU’LL DIE FOR THIS SH…” A.J. yells out, but was stopped immediately with a slap across his face from guard standing besides him. Amerian smirks as a fellow gang member was ready to smack the man again in case of further outbursts.

“Me die? My, that’s a rather bold statement from a man that was practically pissing on himself when he arrived here.” Amerian growls out, receiving a few laughs from some of the watching crowd. “You belong to me now. Do you understand? Nothing you do or say will change that at the moment. So I suggest you remain quiet before the real beatings begin.”

Kevin winces at a large hand print that forming at the young man’s cheek, a small bump raising from the force. He watches the tattooed man quiet down, his breathing coming out in rapid breathes as the blonde man gaze at him in pity. Kevin eyes his cousin as Amerian grabs the average height man and clasps his burly hands around his throat.

“Richardson, this man I have within my grasp is Brian. I have heard he was a relative of yours. If so, I don’t expect you to give more attention to him than any of the other two. This task I’m giving you is for all three to be perfected, not one more than the others. Understand?” Amerian smirks, watching Brian wince under his cold grip.

Kevin fought the urge to leap at Amerian and simply force a nod, taking a step closer to the huddle group of new comers. “I’ll make sure to live up to the expectations.”

“Oh but Kevin, this is expected. It’s a command. I know you’ll do it. You haven’t let me down before. I trust you can achieve this.” Amerian smirks, roughly grabbing the tattooed man by the shoulder of his tank top. A.J. stumbles and struggles to stand up as Amerian tightly grips him by the shoulder. “And this man is Alex, A.J. for short. I want to watch out for him. He seems like a fighter and we need to bring that out more for our work.” And Amerian shoves A.J. away from him, causing A.J. to stumble and trip on the ground before him, cracking his chin on the tile. Cursing up a storm and grumbling in pain, A.J. was dragged back in front of Amerian and pushed down to his knees to bow before the leader.

Kevin eyes the man in pity seeing Brian besides A.J. both kneeled on the ground before Amerian.

Amerian smirks, watching the fair headed man before him. Nick raises his head slowly, swallowing the fear and winces at the sound of Amerian’s laughter in his ear. Gripping Nick’s shoulder, Amerian pulls him up on his feet and forces the man to stand in front of Kevin. “And this one, in most particular is my favorite. He’s quiet and I like that about my members. I entrust you Kevin that you will care for all of them, most especially this young one.” Amerian smirks, kicking Nick in the back of his knees so he collapsed quickly on his knees before Kevin.

“Understand sir.” Kevin mumbles out, gazing at Nick who’s mouth was dropped open in shock. He had to help them, but how? How can he help these new comers escape and not get caught and killed himself. He could run back to the police station and announce what and where’s he’s been at the past two months but he knew Amerian is too fast. He would die before stepping out to confess. Gulping, Kevin nods his head as Amerian claps his hands and dismisses the meeting, herds of gang members exit the room, leaving only the four men: Kevin and the three members in the room along with Amerian and a three guards.

Smiling, Amerian gazes at his nails and pulls out a dagger from a sheath on his side pocket, flinging the blade at A.J.’s direction. A.J. gasps as the blade slices through the knot of rope that embedded his hands behind him, cutting the rope off and freeing his hands. The dagger crashes to the floor with a loud clash as all eyes fell on it. “You should be able to do something like by the end of the next weeks. I’ll be heading out Kevin, if you need any help the guards here will keep a close watch on them in case of anything. I have to head out now. If you need help, don’t call me, I won’t care.” He hisses, stepping to a side exit, leaving the darkly lit room. The guards all pull out their rifles aiming it the three captured men as A.J. shakily stands up.

He gazes at Kevin curiously as Kevin reaches out to touch his shoulder. A.J. leaps back and growls: “DON’T TOUCH ME!” He screams out, nervously shaking as fear clouded the man’s mind.

“I’m not gonna hurt you. But you heard what was said. You have to start training. And I’m to show you.” Kevin whispers, hoping to calm the man down.

A.J. narrows his eyes and backs away, taking a step back and stops at the pressure of the head of a rifle pushed into his back. “I’m not interested.”

“It’s not your choice now is it?” Kevin quickly states, hoping he can get the man to comply with him.

“Screw this! I don’t fu…” A.J. begins speaking but was cut off as he was hit on the back his head to quiet him down. A.J. stops and crumbles to the ground, the fresh pain invading his body as he lies on the floor stunned. Nick and Brian glance at each other in fear, both still on their knees as they watch the sudden display.

Kevin sighs deeply, “You all have to work with me here. This isn’t some gang you simply hear about it. It’s more in depth than you can imagine. A mafia is more like. What is said goes. It’s another form of government, only the rules regulated here account for your life. What you once knew about life will no longer matter. This is a life and death situation. As you can tell Amerian, takes no pity on anyone and death is the only answer to escape. So if you want to life, work with me. If not…” Kevin sighs, pulling out a silver magnum from his holster on his jeans waist and aiming it at them, “Then let me know so I can get rid of you somehow.”

Brian cringes and cries out, finally realizing the voice and man. “Kev, Kevin!! Oh God we thought you were dead!”

Kevin glances over at him and gulps feeling the security guards eyes on him as they help A.J. off the floor. “I’m alright Brian.”

“Why? Why didn’t you call any of us? Your mom was in shock! Your partner at the station sent out a whole crew of detectives to search for you. And here you are…” He stops, shaking his head in dismay. “What have they done to you? How could you?”

Kevin nervously places his pistol away gazing at the guards briefly, “Brian, there’s more to this story than lets on.”

Brian gazes at him confused and struggles to stands up, the weight of his arms pressed and tied behind him was annoying him: “Well explain.”

“I…I can’t right now ok.” Kevin scans over to him and Nick as two of the guards carry a drooped A.J. to the exit of the room.

“Why not? We’re not going anywhere. Looks like we have all day as a matter of fact” Nick speaks up, forcing himself to stand up unsteadily.

Kevin narrows his eyes and glances over at the two men, shaking his head: “I have a job to do. So let’s get to it.”

“NO! Tell me first Kevin! I want to know what happened to you! TELL ME!” Brian yells out, his eyes clouded in anger and frustration as Nick eyes the fighting pair.

Kevin narrows his eyes and approaches his cousin, “I told you it’s a long story. I can’t explain at the moment. I’ll tell you later. That’s not important right now.” He hisses out through clenched teeth.

Brian scoffs, rolling his eyes away from Kevin, “Fine whatever.” He shrugs his shoulders as the remaining guard grabs Brian’s shoulders and leads him away to the exit of the room.

Nick eyes Kevin quietly and gazes around the room: “I thought ‘The Eclipses’ was a story used to scare the kids. Never did I think it was real or that I would be here to see it.” He whispers out, his sapphire orbs entranced with the scenery around him.

“Yeah well there’s a lot of stories that you’ll see will come true now. I have to prepare you for the initiation. We have only a few hours for that.” Kevin whispers, leading Nick to the exit.

“Is it true?” Nick whispers, hoping the guard behind them couldn’t hear, “Is it true you once worked for the precinct?”

Kevin froze and slammed Nick on the wall, “Don’t mention that again. That was my life that was taken away from me. I don’t want to remember that.”

“Why? That’s who you are right?” Nick continues to push Kevin to his limits, a smug look crossed the young man’s face.

Narrowing his eyes, Kevin grabs Nick by the arm and pushes him in front of him as they continue walking out of the room and down a metal turned hallway. The harsh white lights gleam down from above them as they continue their journey through the long hallway.

“Where are you taking us?” Nick stops in front of Kevin, eyeing him.

Kevin growls and pushes Nick to continue, “You’ll see in a few, now walk.”

Sucking his teeth, Nick begins to walk down the hallway, confusion, anxiety and fear crawled in him as he sees Brian and a wounded A.J. wait with the three security guards in front of a large arc shape metal door. Kevin pushes his way between the group and reached the metal door, placing a number code on the iron security box. The door slides up, as the group shuffles their way inside into a prison like room, its black iron bars marked the entire room, in capturing them in what seems like a cell. The sandy haired man gazes the facility, focusing his eyes back on Kevin. “Well, what are you going to do to us?” His voice reflects the hurt and pain issued to his cousin as the ropes cut tightly into his wrists.

Kevin gulps, eying Brian as he waves the security guards away, “I’ll take it from here guys.”

One of the guards nod and cocks the rifle, fingering the trigger: “You sure? They might get hectic and you’re alone and three of them.”

Kevin smiles, “It’s alright. Amerian wouldn’t have given me the job if he knew I couldn’t handle it.”

Another guard shrugs his shoulders and cocks his head to the side indicting to the other two guards that its time for their exit. The guards clatter their rifles to their side as they leave the room through the same door. One of the guards turn back to Kevin before the door begins to slide down and close, “If you need help, just let us know. We’ll be waiting right here in case of anything.”

“Ok, thanks.” Kevin nods his head, watching the door slam shut. The dim yellow florescent lights glimmer dully on them as A.J. slumps in a rickety wooden chair, one of the few furniture pieces that the cell contained. Brian and Nick wonder around the cell, their eyes burning in hatred at the raven haired man standing there smugly.

“Maybe you’ll talk now.” Nick states, eyeing Kevin boldly down.

Kevin rolls his eyes and sighs, taking out a pistol from his holster and placing it on the dusty cracked oval mahogany table in the center of the room: “I’m not here to hurt you. Look, I took my gun out so you know I won’t try anything.”

A.J. eyes the pistol and back at Kevin, growling. “So what, is that suppose to make it better for us now? We don’t know you, this could all be part of some plan for you to kill us already. I personally don’t see why we’re all still alive.”

Brian inhales sharply at A.J.’s comment and eyes Kevin, “Why? Talk to me Kevin, why?”

“It’s too much to say Brian. I don’t even know what’s right or wrong anymore.” Kevin whispers dryly, his eyes glazed over, focusing back on Brian, “Tell me something. How is my wife? Is she ok? Sad? Is she healthy? Sick?”

Brian nibbles on his lower lip, hearing Nick blow out a puff of air in annoyance.

“You know this man?! Nice, family. How cute.” A.J. grumbles, his eyes locked on the pistol again on the table. His hands gripping the edge of his chair.

Brian nods, gulping slowly: “She misses you everyday. She still has so much hope that you’re not somewhere off dead. Kevin there has been no reports since three weeks ago when the police was out for what seemed like that hundredth time to look for you. But I had no idea you were involved in this…this gang.”

“It wasn’t my choice. I’m like you all. I was brought here against my will. That’s how this gang functions. It thrives on that.” Kevin whispers softly, believing he said too much. “Look I have a job to show you. You’re all to learn and master the art of artillery along with the selling and exporting of our drugs.”

“Drugs?! Wait…hold up! Did you just say drugs?” A.J. clambers up to Kevin, his head still banging with pain from the recent blow from it.

“Yes.” Kevin states, walking to a side door to open it: indicting to the three men to follow. “Come, there’s a lot for you to learn and your lives depend on it.”

Sighing, Brian shuffles over as A.J. and Nick glance at each other in confusion before slowly following behind the sandy haired man.
~*~

The black tinted Benz pulls up to the front of the police station as Howie quickly parks the car and sighs, gazing at the two women. He eyes Arianna sitting besides him on the passenger seat as Coral was flooded with her luggage in the back seat.

“Well we’re here. Tada!” Howie smiles: opening his door and steps out. Arianna follows and stepping out from her side as Howie opens the side door for Coral. Smiling, she slides out of the car and walks up to the sidewalk following Arianna to the entrance of the police station. Howie closes the side door was next to the women in a matter of seconds as they enter the well ventilated air conditioned station.

“This way Coral. Howie’s office is straight down the hall, the last door to your left.” Arianna indicts as she disappears to the woman’s bathroom. Glancing around the well litted station, the friendly officers wave and greet Howie as she feels eyes glance towards her direction.

Smiling, Howie calls her over to one man who was slumped behind an office chair in the entry way of the station. Nodding she reaches Howie and eyes the well plump pale skinned man who was turning a shade of pink from the growing heat and sun outside.

The man sticks out his chubby hand at Coral’s direction, his dark grey eyes roaming her body slowly. The small rolls of flesh beneath his chin waver gently with his movement as the friendly man nods his head. “You must be Coral correct?” His smooth silky voice responds, startling Coral.

“Yes I am and you are?” She asks politely, shaking the man’s warm palm.

“The private investigator of Miami’s department, I just got transferred here: Lawrence Walker. I don’t mind if you call me Larry, that’s what I’m used to around here.”

“Very well Larry.” Coral smiles: nodding her head.

“Well I should start getting her informed about the case, I’ll see ya later Walker.” Howie smiles: gently pulling on Coral’s arm to head to his office. Lawrence smiles and waves them off going back to his work of flipping through a pile of written cases.

Coral grins at Lawrence, waving bye to him before she follows Howie down the white panel hallway, turning a left at the end of it where a large thick mahogany door with Howie’s full name labeled in gold and black labeled it. Smiling, she nods as Howie opens his office. Holding the door open for Coral, he turns and smirks, “By the way, this is where I keep all the weapons. Tell me what you think of it k?” He chuckles, receiving a small giggle from Coral as she enters the office and he follows behind, closing the door behind him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Learning Another Way by Jamelet
“Chronicles Of The Eclipses”


~“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Unknown

**~Learning Another Way~**

The four men step into the artillery room: shelves upon shelves were covered with weapons of all kinds, almost any type of guns available to those with access. Kevin turns to see the shock looks cross the three men’s faces as they eye all around them. Smirking, Kevin grabs a silver pistol and holds it out to them.

“First off. Have any of you ever used a gun before?” Kevin asks, gazing over at them, watching them amazed with the artillery all around them.

Nick shakes his head no as does Brian while A.J. clinks his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

“A.J have you had experience with a gun before?” Kevin steps up to him, watching the man back away and sniff, nodding his head.

Curious, Kevin watches, waiting for A.J. to tell him more about it, but instead A.J. stares at him frighteningly.

“Are you going to kill us here?” A.J. whispers out: shivering at the thought of death searing through his thoughts.

“What?! No. I’m asking you a question: you said you had experience with a gun? How?” Kevin asks, hoping he can win the trust of the man once and for all.

A.J. gulps, locking eyes with a small pistol to the right of him, hanging on the wall. “I used one a while back. For protection.”

Nick watches surprised, gazing at Brian and back at A.J. to listen further.

“By the looks of it, you didn’t kill the person did you?” Kevin asks, reaching for another gun, opening the caliber and showing it to Brian.

A.J. shakes his head as his eyes were drawn to the many weapons surrounding them. “N…no.”

“Well that’s ok. I just wanted to know. So you know how to use a gun then I take it correct?” Kevin asks, searching around the room for another pistol so that each of the men can practice with.

“Somewhat. I never said I was good at it.” A.J. whispers, rubbing his arms with his hands.

“Well that will change in a few days.” Kevin response: throwing a silver magnum at A.J.’s direction. A.J. opens his hands and catches the pistol that falls graciously onto his palms.

Kevin hands Brian and Nick each a pistol and sighs. “Here’s the deal. There are targets aligned the walls down this hallway where you’ll start with the basic of shooting straight, hitting the target.”

Nick and Brian gaze at their pistols, both frighten at holding such a violent weapon within their hands.

Nick looks up at Kevin and aims the pistol at him like he has seem so many time in the gang movies, tilting the gun to its side to give off an impression of looking cool.

Kevin smirks and grabs the gun from Nick, shaking his head. “What are you doing?”

Nick rolls his eyes, shrugging his shoulders, “Just seeing how it looks like holding a gun at a person.”

“Well first off you’re holding it wrong.” Kevin smiles: placing the pistol back into Nick’s hand, directing Nick’s fingers around the trigger so he was holding the pistol straight at Brian. “And never tilt the gun, you lose the direction that way and your aim will be thrown off. You want the bullet to hit your target, not strike anything else. The last I need is for you to go off and start killing off random people’ cause you can’t aim or control the gun right.”

Nick narrows his eyes angrily, swiping his hands away from Kevin and the pistol as he glances around the room feeling a bit insulted from the comment. Kevin simply smiles and places the pistol down on a stained rickety mahogany table to his left. “I guess we’ll begin then. Follow me.” Kevin leads them down a dark hallway to where a large opening aligned the walls shaped like window yet no glass was there to block anything or anyone to go through it. Through the open like window thresholds, a row of red and white circle targets lined up behind one another, ready to be used and shot at. Kevin sighs and stares back at the other three men.

A.J. steps to the front of the group and curiously stands at the open threshold, gazing at the targets. “Kevin right?”

Kevin nods and eyes the tattooed man through the corner of his eyes, “Yes?”

“If I have the chance, I just wanna say that I’ll run when I can. I’m not gonna stop fighting this place, till I get out of here.”

“Well you just keep doing that. I learned and gave up when I realized that it’s too late for me. I thought the same thing, assuming it was alright, that I can somehow find a way out of this mess. But you can’t. The more you fight, the more you become this place. And to just give in means you have accepted the deadly consequences. You’ll be a part of this in your own way, whether you come to realize it or not.” Kevin whispers, numbed at the same words he once used on himself when he realized his ultimate fate.

“Can’t we fight this? We shouldn’t be forced to have our lives taken from us. I want to go back to living the way I was. Not follow orders from some creep who wants money in return for selling. I have dreams and I intend to follow them through. And not one thing, not this gang, nothing is gonna take that away from me.” Brian boldly mentions, seeing the other two nods their heads in agreement.

Kevin shakes his head sadly, “The reality of the truth is guys: there is no way out of this. Whether you’ve been dragged here against your will or not, the only escape is death and I don’t think you want to end your lives over this. At least not yet that is.”

Nick licks his lower lip, clutching the small pistol on his side: “What would it take for us to get out of here alive? Is it about money? I can give you money. My father owns a land company over in Tampa and I can find a way to supply you with it if you safely get us out of here.”

Kevin loads his pistol, gazing at Nick with a gentle smile, “Nick, it’s not about money for me. It’s about life, all of ours. We can leave sure, but there are consequences to it. Amerian, the leader, has our files on our lives with all the information regarding housing address, numbers to family, health records, every little thing that one would have to black mail a person if the chance had to come to be.”

“How?! This is ridiculous! It’s against the law! Where’s the privacy on that?” A.J. bellows out, enraged that suddenly his life was being looked at through unrecognizable people.

“It is indeed. But this man has power and has managed to successfully track and maintain records of all his employers. So if one of us should ever disobey he can easily gain access to our families and relatives.” Kevin states, coking the pistol and handing it over to Nick.

Nick shakes his head, reaching for the gun and gulping. “So you’re saying, there’s nothing that can be done? Has anyone gone up against American or taken him down?”

Kevin narrows his eyes, a smirk smearing his lips: “You wanna kill Amerian? Like that line hasn’t been heard of.” He rolls his eyes and clasps two hands around his own pistol demonstrating to the others how to shoot at the targets. “Make sure you hold the weapon with two hands. You have better control and the bullet can hit its direct target…” Kevin pulls the trigger as it hits the bulls-eye on the red and white target precisely. He cocks the gun back and gazes at them curiously. “You’ll all learn this quickly. You have too. Your initiation starts tonight and you’ll need to learn this along with the drug trade routes. So your best bet is to gain as much exposure to the boss. The more you gain his friendship, the more access you have in having some more freedom. Armerian tends to keep his ‘brothers’ close to him.”

“Awww, how nice. We’re looked as family, my brothers.” A.J. hisses out, flicking the trigger of his pistol in his palms.

Brian sighs while Nick struggles not to chuckle from A.J.’s foul attitude.

Kevin packs away his pistol and eyes A.J. calling him to stand near one of the shooting spots. “I wanna see your aim. Shoot that target in the back, third row to your left.”

A.J. shuffles over and stands before one of the cement thresholds, positioning his pistol in his hands, raising it to his eye level as he aims to the specific target. Brian and Nick watch on in anticipation as Kevin nods, “Whenever you’re ready.”

A.J. gulps and nods, running his index finger over the black trigger. Sighing, he pulls on the trigger, releasing a loud pop as a bullet soars through the air, slamming into its destined target, the back of a wall.

Kevin raises his eyebrows and stares at A.J. “Bad aim.”

A.J. snorts, rolling his eyes: “No sh…” He gets interrupted as Nick shoots off a target near his right.

Kevin nods and smiles, “Not bad Nick. That was good. See if you can shoot the same one A.J. here tried to do.”

Nick shrugs and aims, pulling the trigger, hitting the target’s bulls-eye directly.

Brian and A.J. surprised, gasps: looking at Nick who seemed in utter surprise as well.

“Nick, how did you do that? You never held a gun before and yet you aimed exactly where A.J. was suppose to hit.” Kevin eases his way over to Nick, as Brian and A.J. give a quick glance at each other and watch on.

“I, I, I don’t know. I guess it wasn’t hard to aim. I played a lot of gun interactive games, maybe that helped out or something.” Nick mumbles out a bit embarrassed at his answer.

Kevin smiles, shaking his head, “Well wherever you learned this technique: it works! You seem to be the main hit man. Maybe Amerian will give you a chance to explore that side and use it to his advantage. Nick that was a direct hit. No one without good experience can do that. You have skills there boy.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, blowing out air from mouth, “Show off.”

Brian chuckles, slowly lifting his pistol in his hands as Kevin directs him to aim for the target in the back, next to his right. Brian nods and sets off a loud popping round of three bullets to the issued target, in which all of only one managed to touch the outer red line in the target. He gulps feeling the boring of Kevin’s eyes on his back as he approaches him.

“I know you never handled a gun before. But for your safety and the others, you should learn to use one. You never know when you’ll need it for something.” Kevin whispers to him as he reloads a pistol and hands it to Nick who eagerly takes the weapon and begins firing away at some of the targets aligning the practice shooting area.

Brian sighs, “I don’t want to do this.”

“I know you don’t. But the initiation is tonight and I need to have you all at least be able to hold a gun properly.” Kevin eyes him, strolling past the men and heading to back to the artillery section to gather more guns.

Once out of earshot, A.J. stares at Brian: “You weren’t kidding were you? He’s family to you. Get him to get us the hell out of here.”

“I, I’m trying. He’s not easy to convince. Being stuck here changed him. He wasn’t always this uptight.” Brian shuffles in his spot, staring at the targets mocking him.

“Doesn’t he have connection with the PD?” Nick whispers, staring back at the direction where Kevin wondered off, hoping Kevin didn’t hear.

“Used too. He was one of the top detectives in Daytona, he was later moved to Davenport and paired up with a guy. From what I heard, that was the last he was seen before being recruited here.” Brian breaths out, staring at the pistol in his hands.

“Nice word. Recruited, ha!” A.J. glares around. “Look to be honest with you, I heard about this gang and they’re no joke. There were some things I heard about their initiations and stuff that I don’t want to take part in.”

“Like what?” Nick asks curiously.

“A.J.'s right,." Brian states as Nick nods his head, explaining further. “Yeah well as you know ‘The Eclipses’ are one of the top leading gangs in distribution of a toxic drug called Pandora’s box and they want more people who have connections with maybe possible clients or something.”

Brian tosses the gun behind him in which the gun goes off, a bullet sailing through the targets and hitting a bulls-eye.

All eyes land on Brian as he smirks, “Wow.”

Kevin smirks as he makes his way to the others, staring at the pistol that went off, “Maybe that’s your style, throwing the gun and it hits it targets.” He teases, his emerald eyes glimmering in the dim lights.

“Haha.” Brian growls as Kevin gathers them around him, discussing what will take place later that day for their initiation.
~*~

Her eyes open wide, mesmerized at the type of artillery his office held. Trailing a finger over a glass case where a small handgun was placed, she smiles and turns to look at Howie. “All of these have well taken care of. Especially this one.” She taps her fingers over the glass case.

Howie nods, “Well of course, these particular pistols where imported from other countries. Many of them have a story behind each of them. A little history.” He eases his way over to metal shelf on the wall where a rifle was resting.

Arianna grins and watches Howie gripping the rifle and tossing it at her. She catches the weapon with ease and kisses the tip of her rifle.

Coral giggles, “Love of your life?”

“Of course. Never let me down before. I say it’s better than a man except it can’t please you in bed.” Arianna smirks, seeing the twinkle in her eyes.

Howie laughs, shaking his head, “I don’t wanna know.”

“Maybe, but I think it’s important you should know.” Arianna teases as Coral lets out a laugh.

“Ok, ok…” Coral takes a deep breath, calming down as the other two smirk and chuckle softly. “So how are we going to get in the gang?”

“Ahhhh, glad you asked Coral.” Howie busies himself, searching through his oak office desk, pulling out a map and a red sharpie marker. “Alright girls. This is how it’s gonna be handled. As we know, the gang is made of all men. Meaning no women...however women are allowed in once a week.”

Arianna raises her eyebrows, tucking a loose flaxen strand behind her ear. “Once a week huh? Somehow I’m not gonna like why that’s allowed.”

“Well yeah you won’t. See the men in the gang have well cravings and the leader believes that for them to concentrate better and release sexual tension, they allow women to come into the gang for twenty-four hours to well…to satisfy the men.” Howie nibbles on his lip, gazing at the two annoyed women.

“Can’t believe it. So the only way in is to be a hooch?” Coral grumbles out.

“I didn’t say it was going to easy now did I?” Howie raises his eyebrows, watching the women sigh out in exasperation.

“Yeah well, I didn’t think we had to sell ourselves to men to get to the leader.” Arianna grumbles, sitting on the top of the oak desk, crossing her legs slowly. Her skirt rides up to her upper thigh as Howie smirks, eying her before focusing back at the map he has open on his desk.

“You’re not selling yourselves. That’s just your ticket in.” Howie states: scribbling down a few directions on a pad of paper.

“And what about you? How will you get in it?” Coral asks curiously.

Howie smirks, “They’ll come for me.”

“My, aren’t we so sure of ourselves?” Arianna smirks, taking out an apple from the fruit basket at the corner of his desk and biting into it.

Howie smiles, “They came for my partner and I’m sure they’ll want me, nothing is better than to have a cop working with them.”

“I have a question, I don’t want to sound morbid or anything, but how do you if your partner is…” Coral exhales and continues: “still alive?”

“Wishful thinking.” Howie gulps: his eyes locked on the map and circles an area with the red marker. Placing his palms on the desk, he sighs and stares at the women. “Alright, tonight is the day of initiation for the gang. Every Tuesdays, which is today, the women are allowed starting at six this evening to about seven in the evening the next day.”

“So you’re implying I’m to get hooched up for this little occasion?” Arianna smirks, taking a bite into her apple sensually.

Coral smirks, crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes roam around the wide clean office. The tall wide windows covered the perimeter of his office, allowing the soft sunlight to enter and bask on its victims.

Howie smirks, “Whatever works for you Ari.”

“Good. Well Coral you’re welcome to tag along with me shortly so we can prepare ourselves for being sluts.” Arianna giggles, tossing back her golden locks behind her shoulders.

Coral nods, a chuckle escapes her full lips, “Sounds like plan. So Howie…” She turns her attention back at the man, “What will happen to us? I mean you don’t expect us to do jobs for those horny men now do you?”

Arianna laughs, sliding off the desk, facing Howie: “She’s right, what are we suppose to do to them?”

Howie smirks, “Distract them long enough. I’m not saying you have to have sex with any of those men, but I’ll need you girls to find a way to get anyone of those men to talk and see what we can get.”

Arianna twirls the core of her apple in her fingers, a grin spread on her snowy cheeks: “Coral, looks like this job might be a hands on approach.”

Coral laughs, “Sure sounds like it. So we’re to distract them that long while you find your way into the gang?”

Howie nods, “Yup, it’s that simple.”

“Good. Yet somehow I don’t think it will be.” Coral tugs on her grey tank top, her light eyes glancing over the office again.

“It never is with men.” Arianna smirks, opening the office door. Coral nods and smirks, exiting first as Arianna holds the door open for her. Turning back around, Arianna gives him a coy grin and shakes her head. “This is gonna cause a lot of tension in our relationship.”

“What? The new recruit or the gang?”

Arianna gazes at him up and down, capturing every morsel of his body in her view, “Both.”

“Well what’s a relationship without its dramas?” Howie smiles, leaning on the desk, his hands pressed down on the desk as he stares at her.

Ariannna smirks and glances back at the door, seeing Coral waiting for her a few feet away from the office in the hallway. “Boring I guess.” She smiles, blowing a kiss at him as she exits the office, hearing Howie chuckle.

She closes the door and walks to meet up with Coral, leading her to her office. “I have a few skimpy outfits that should fit you wonderfully. You’ll have the men of the Eclipses eating out of your hand before you know it.”

Coral smirks, shaking her head, “That’s an interesting turn of events if that was to happen.”

“Hey guys are guys, no matter what.” Arianna giggles, walking pass a few rooms and leading Coral to the second door to her left.

“Tada! And here is my office.” And Arianna opens the thick oak door, inviting Coral in. Smiling, she watches Coral enter as she leans on the threshold. “Well I’ll be right back. I think I left something back at Howard’s office.” And she makes her way back to Howie’s office, knocking on it gently. Howie opens the door and smirks, letting Arianna slip in.

Locking the door behind him, he embraces her as she passionately kisses him on the lips, enjoying each touch, leaving her craving for more. “Shhhh…hehe. We’re gonna get in some trouble dating each other.”

Howie pushes his lips on hers gently and pulls away laughing, “Yeah but the trouble is what makes it exciting.”

“You bad.” Arianna smirks, kissing him quickly as he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her to him.

“You know it.” He smiles, pulling away from her. “Go back to Coral, we don’t want to make anything obvious between us. If the co-workers get a word on this, we’ll be screwed.”

Arianna laughs, “Screwed indeed, but it be a nice way to go huh?”

“Shhhh… look at you girl. You’re the naughty one.” Howie whispers into her ear, causing her to giggle and blush. He brushes his hand down her bare leg tugging on her skirt. “God if we weren’t at work right now, the things I would do to you.”

Arianna breaks into a fit a giggles and pulls away, composing herself as she makes her way back out of his office. “Well you’ll have to show me that when we get out of work later on.”

“Maybe I will.” He smirks, leaning on the threshold as she exits his office with a wide grin on her face.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Perilous Tricks by Jamelet
“Chronicles Of The Eclipses”


-“What do we have to fear but fear itself?”- Unknown

**~Perilous Tricks~**

She opens the closet in Arianna’s office and begins pulling on some of the barely there transparent materials that were to be the clothes fitted for her tonight. Her hand brushes over a hanged frayed blue top as thoughts of the gang flooded her mind. She was scared, she had to finally admit that. After talking with Howie and Arianna about the gang, the more unsure she was beginning to feel. This leader of the gang was no joke: the man was on the wanted hit list and have been tracked down but somehow manages to always escape. Obviously it seemed the leader of the Eclipses had connections where ever he went and was covered by many.

Tugging on the hanger, she pulls out a carefully low cut seamless dress that would seem to flow and snug her curves enough to hopefully drive the men of the gang wild. She eyes the black dress, smiling, fingering over the dangerous low neck line that practically reach the navel. “This would have to work.” She whispers to herself, walking over to the bathroom to try it on. She quickly undresses and steps into the dress, sliding it over her body as a second skin. Smirking, she twirls around in front of a full length mirror hung on the inside of the bathroom. “This is perfect.” Proud of accomplishing that simple task, she hurries out the bathroom seeing Arianna trying on a rather skimpy outfit.

Gazing curiously, she watches Arianna tie a red ribbon like belt over her faded black silk mini skirt that seemed to capture all the frame of what she had hidden beneath it.

“Just wondering, but are you wearing panties under that skirt, it’s so short.” Coral asks, leaning on the side of the desk, her eyes locked on that tight skirt her accomplice has.

Smirking, Arianna gives off a subtle laugh and eyes Coral, shaking her head. “Oh no panties on me with this…” She pauses curious to see Coral’s reaction. Giggling at the expected shock facial expression that Coral created, Arianna shakes her head, “It’s a thong, thong, thong, thong, thong.” She sings out, twirling around as the mini skirt seemed frozen in its position unable to move.

Coral burst out in laughter, her light eyes glowing in excitement, “You so bad girl.”

“And you know it.” She giggles out, her golden wavy curls tumble down her shoulders, bouncing off it as she adjusts her tight lace red halter top. “So.” She pauses, posing with her arms in the air in a seductive stance, “Do I look sexy enough for the horn balls out there?”

Giggling, Coral nods her head, “Oh yeah, big time. And what about me?”

Arianna smirks, her eyes scanning over the black dress that was snug over Coral’s body. “Hmmmm, mmmm. Oh yeah big time. They will be all over you before you know it.”

“Well good then.” Coral smirks, pressing her palms down on the ridges of the dress to take out any unnecessary wrinkles on it. “So… you worked with Howie for how long?”

Arianna glances over to her from gazing at a full length mirror hidden in the walls, “Hmmm, been working for about two years or so with him. Why?”

“Oh just curious, that’s all. He is quite the attractive man.” Coral smirks, watching a hint of glaze cross over Arianna’s sapphire emerald orbs.

“Yes, yes he is indeed.” Arianna smiles, combing her hair out so that is layered gracefully over her shoulders.

Coral leans on the edge of the office desk as a thought floods her mind suddenly. “Do you know if he’s seeing anyone at the moment?”

Arianna smirks, letting a snort. “Why? You interested?”

“Maybe. Not sure. He’s appealing to the eye that’s all.” Coral responds, gazing at her laced high heel shoes

“Oh well maybe. Who knows with that man? One day he’s single the next he could be taken.” Arianna ends the conversation, a smug look crossing her lips as she walks out the office, holding it open for her companion. “Come now. We have to head out and start planning on how to go about entering the gang.”

“Alright. Right behind you.” Coral states: rushing behind her as they make their way down the hallway.
~*~

“I’m telling you, if this initiation is not pulled through appropriately, Amerian will have our heads for this.” One of the younger gang members states, racing around the darkly lit medical room.

“All we’ll need is the right victims and we’re set. Amerian will be impressed, you’ll see.” Another gang member grabs a medical kit and exits the room, leading the younger one out of it.

“Richie. You think those new guys will make the gang?” The younger one asks, his stealthy eyes scan over the equipment that was asked for the initiation that will take place tonight.

“Maybe. They look like they’ll pass. Besides Amerian has a thing for them, like they’re his new little toys he can take and manipulate. And you know he’s good like that Shawn.”

“Yeah. Its messed up though isn’t?” Shawn asks, running a hand over his black cornrows neatly braided down his head.

“No doubt, but that’s what happens. Whatever the leader wants, the leader gets.” Richie murmurs, leading them back to the open earth tone room: its length now increased as mechanical walls pull away to allow for the room to expand into an arena.

Shawn gulps and glances up at the thick iron chains now hanging off the ceiling as the thought of his own initiation came back in his memory. “They’ll be in pain for a long time.” He whispers, catching a tint of dry blood clusters around on the iron loops in the chain.

“Well like we did, Amerian states that’s what will make them all loyal and stronger to the bond of the gang.” Richie states, his dark eyes trace over the multiple hanging chains around the room. His dark chocolate hands clasp a swinging chain that was close to hitting Shawn on his head as he places the medical kit on the ground.

“Thanks. We should be out before he comes back here. The place is already getting set up and I don’t wanna be around when the blood shed starts.” Shawn whispers, his butter pecan hands pull on one of the chains, letting it swing back to the others as the room continues to slowly expand.

“Yeah let’s get the hell out of here.” Richie whispers, tugging on Shawn’s arm as they reach a door to leave. Suddenly a guard opens the door and steps in, pushing the two young men back into the room, aiming his rifle at them.

“And where do you think you’re going?” The guard hisses out, the rifle ready for use.

Shawn gulps and eyes his friend, “Just leaving. We got the medical stuff so we’ll be on our way before the victims come and stuff.”

“We already have the victims.” The guard eyes the boys, a sinister smile cross over the masked guard’s face as he pushes them further into the room.

Richie looks around, shaking his head, “Uhhhh, ummmm. Well ok. We shouldn’t be here then when its time for the victims to get punished by the new comers.”

“Oh no. You both play a vital role in their initiation tonight boys.” A twinkle gleamed off the guard’s eyes.

Shawn gulps, fidgeting nervously, “Where, where are they then?”

“Right here.” Another guard speaks, laughing as the two boys are suddenly tackled and pinned to the floor by the two guards.

Richie struggles under the guard’s weight as he cries out, “Noo! I don’t wanna die! I can’t die! This isn’t fair!” His baseball hat falls off his head as he lets out a death defying scream when an iron hook embeds his ribs, ripping into the soft flesh as a pool of blood pours out quickly staining the floor.

Another of the guards laugh: now entering the room as he races over and pulls a lever to make the iron chain rise off the floor, taking its now pinned victim and elevating him a few four feet off the ground. Richie screams out in horrid pain as the hook brutally gashes into his open side, hooking onto one of his internal bones, almost severing him completely.

Shawn watches from the ground in utter shock as his friend’s blood spread out over the floor, staining him and drenching Richie’s baseball hat in the red liquid. He feels one of the guards pull him off the ground and push him towards one of the swinging iron chain as he stands frozen in fear at what was occurring around him. Gulping, his shirt is torn off his body as one of the guards come over to him with an iron hook attached to a swinging chain from the ceiling.

“You two are some of the victims our new members will have to get rid off. You’ve been angering the boss lately with your abrasive behaviors and Amerian believes its time to get rid of you.” One of the guards hisses out, before breaking into laughter.

“Oh what fun it will be tonight.” The guard holding Shawn in place states, grabbing the iron hook and traces it down the boy’s back. “Tonight, you’ll both be little puppets and if you’re lucky and the boss recognizes you, you even live tonight. But that’s wishful thinking now isn’t it?” The guard whispers out: his hot breath hitting Shawn’s cheek.

Shawn shivers in fright and watches his friend crying and screaming out in pain as the thrashing stopped bringing Richie to deal with the sickening pain that clouded all other thoughts.

Shawn screams out in pure agony as the iron hook is pushed into his spine, the hook cradling the bones carefully as the chain is raised up from the ground, taking its victim with it. Tears clouded his vision as he desperately fights for air, the pain too intoxicating, almost choking the life out of him.

Smiling, the guards glance up and exit the room, leaving the two young men soaked and covered in their own blood and feces as the chains swing gently, the metal chains clinking and swaying freely.
~*~

Kevin sighs and eyes the three men before him. “In a few minutes, you’re about to go out into an arena set up for the purpose of you all. There you will see a sickening sight. You have to perform whatever the leader demands of you. If you can not heed the orders or disobey, your very own life is at stake.” He whispers, clasping his hands together in front of him.

Brian gulps slowly and shakes his head, “What do we have to do?”

“Depends on what our leader wants you to do. Though I do know you all will have to kill before taking your places into the gang.” Kevin whispers, hearing a string of curses from the other men.

“NO! NO WAY IN HELL AM I KILLING ANYTHING!” A.J. yells out in distress.

“WHAT?! We can’t kill people?! Is this some idea of some sick joke?” Brian cries out, hoping to find some reason for Kevin’s odd behavior.

“The three of you will kill or be killed. I didn’t come up with that plan. If I had the chance I wouldn’t be here right now myself. But as it is, I’m here to help you survive this gang.” Kevin states: watching wearily how the three men seemed distraught with the sudden news.

“We, we can’t do this! We can’t take another life for no reason!” Nick blurts out, shaking his head in sudden surprise.

Kevin sighs, leaning back on the threshold of the small waiting room they were in, waiting to be called for when the initiation starts. “You can feel that way all you want. But your life depends on it. It’s no longer what you want. You lost that right when you came and step foot into this place. It’s no longer about you, but what the leader needs or wants.” He states cautiously, eying the frightened men before them.

“Just close your eyes for a minute, it can relax you. You have to be calm when the events starts.” Kevin states: stepping out of the room to talk with a gang member that came to get him.

Brian gulps, shaking his head frantically: “No, no, no…this can’t be happening.”

“We’ll die if we don’t do this.” Nick whispers in fear, his sapphire orbs round in surprise.

“This is a trip. What the hell is wrong with the people here? Brian that cousin of yours is insane!” A.J. hisses softly, glaring at Brian before picking up a handgun and examining it.

“I know. I can’t reach through him, he doesn’t want to listen and is too caught up in this little gang ordeal to listen. It’s like he really is dead…at least to me and the rest of the family.” Brian wistfully sighs, watching Kevin engage in a deep conversation with the gang member.

Nick gulps, rubbing his wrists softly after the ropes were finally taken off him. “I, I don’t want to kill anyone. I don’t want to be here.”

“Kid, I hear ya. I’m the same way.” A.J. sadly responds back, sitting down on a folded metal chair, waiting for their verdict to occur.
~*~

Howie smirks, holding in a laugh as he gazes over at the two women. “Wow. I’m at a loss for words ladies.”

Arianna snickers, twirling around before him in her barely there outfit. “So I’m guessing it’s a yes then correct?”

“Yes indeed.” Howie grins slowly, his eyes trail over Arianna’s outfit carefully. “You should have no problem getting into the gang tonight after the initiation.”

Coral smiles and brushes her hands over her cotton silk dress, staring at him. “So we’re ready. But what about you?”

“Ahhh, me. While I have it planned it out. I’ll drop you girls off at the side of a club. Some gang members tend to bring the women from there and lead them back to wherever they are staying at. Because they’re always moving around, a new place is always around for the gang to regroup at. So I’ll just follow behind you ladies and hopefully get spotted enough for them to take me in.”

“And if that doesn’t work then what?” Coral situates herself on a leather bind seat, smirking at the low rise cut the dress revealed on her.

“Then.” Howie pauses, rolling up sleeves of his white cotton dress shirt for his work attire, “I’ll have to find a way into the gang somehow. They go after men who are alone and I’ll be one of them. So it shouldn’t be such a problem. Especially since its initiation night.”

Arianna sighs and plops down on another next seat besides Coral, gazing at the black leather bound book in Coral’s hands. “You’re not taking that with you are you?”

Coral nods and slips the book into an inner slit between her dress: “Yeah why not? I have to write down what we see and the best way to do it would be to take the book along with me.”

“Well you better not get caught with that. If the secret is out about that gang and they see you writing about them, we could all be in danger.” Howie states, sitting on his desk, one leg curled beneath him.

Arianna nods and smirks at Howie’s direction as he gets up and takes his keys out of the desk top.

“Well ladies, its time. I hope you’re ready. Going undercover has it trips.”

The two women nod and glance at each other as they all exit the office, thoughts of their future linger in their minds.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Blood Work by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of The Eclipses”

**~Blood Work~**

He nibbles on his fingertips as Kevin steps back into the room for them.

“Alright, this is what is gonna happen. I’m about to escort you now to the main arena set up. In order to prove you’re all worthy of the gang, you’ll need to be able to follow the leader’s demands. In which case if he’s to ask for a life, you’re to provide that for him by killing the bait that is awaiting for death…” Kevin was cut off as Brian exhales heavily.

“No! Nooo! Nooo I won’t do it!” Brian breaths out: clasping his chest in fear.

Kevin sighs, “Come, we don’t have time for this. Follow me.” Kevin holds the door open as A.J. and Nick gulp deeply, gazing at each other following behind Brian who was slowly walking down the dark pathway leading to the arena.

The immediate smell of sweat and blood clothed the men as they enter the dingy dungeon indoor arena as Kevin leads them to the center of the room. The leader Amerian watches from above on a ledge as the rest of the gang members begin to file in.

Nick covers his nose at the foul scent as A.J. fights down his gagging, his stomach swirling around at the impending results. Brian gasps at the horrific sight of five innocent men swinging and hanging from sharp metal hooks, the crimson blood ever flowing and spilling to the ground below them.

“Welcome to the service boys.” Amerian boosts from above as the last few gang members rush in, locking the door behind them.

Kevin nods and aligns the three men up so Amerian can see them clearly. “Sir, they’re ready for your command.”

“Excellent. I’ll be right down.” Amerian boast happily, descending down a creaking stairwell on the far left. Once reaching the ground, he walks over to them and smiles, pointing to each of the three there. “Alright boys, this is how it’s gonna go down. Each of you will prove your allegiance to me by following through my careful instructions. I want nothing more than flawless and I expect the best from you. After all, your trainer’s life relies on it.” Amerian smirks, his dark eyes glitter in excitement with each word.

A.J. bites his tongue down, wanting to scream out to the leader to tell him that he can take this whole gang and initiation and shove it somewhere. But he resisted himself and sighs deeply, his stomach already repulsed by the sickening sight of the men left hanging on the swinging chains, the bloody hooks pierce into the human’s flesh like a butchered pig. He can feel the gagging already beginning in his stomach as he exhales slowly, hoping anything would ease his upset stomach.

Brian closes his eyes briefly, only hoping that when he opened them that it was just part of his nightmare. But as he takes sight of the human pińatas barely breathing or living, his body trembles in repulsion as his stomach quakes sending up a small gag.

Nick watches around him in shock, trying not to take in the sight of the unfortunate souls left on the metal chains. He gulps down wave the nausea that hits him as Amerian stands behind a veiled table.

“Gentlemen, behind me are three weapons of choice. Because I want specific details into how the people in the chains should be kill, I will assign the weapons out.” Amerian states loudly in his baritone voice, his deep voice echoing down the hallways of the arena. He snaps his fingers as two gang members rush over to the table, yanking the cloth away to reveal three deadly weapons. Grabbing a sword, he throws it at A.J. who catches it gently in his hands. Nodding, Amerian tosses a magnum over to Nick who catches it in one hand, gazing at it carefully.

Amerian smiles as he grabs a deadly katana and hands it Brian who cries out, refusing to take the weapon. Amerian rages, glaring at Kevin. “If this man doesn’t cooperate, his body will be one of the ones on the chains as well.” He threatens Kevin.

Brian nervously gazes over Kevin who sighs and nods his head, taking the large sword deadly and holding it out for Brian to take. “I know you don’t want to do this. But this is our lives at stake here. Remember Brian, you lost your rights the moment you entered this place. This goes for everyone here. This isn’t a new concept. I know you never taken a life before, but you must push aside your beliefs for this one moment. This isn’t the right time to take a stand against Amerian and his orders. Understood?” Kevin whispers gently, feeling the same emotions of sympathy slowly being restored to his old self.

Gulping slowly, Brian nervously reaches out a hand and takes the weapon, shutting his eyes quickly before opening it to see in his hands the metal item.

“Good. Now that that’s done. We get down to business. Kevin you told me about the abilities of each of these men, hence the weapons they possess in their hands. These weapons are yours to keep. Now we in “The Eclipses” don’t go around killing off people. No, only when the time is right or necessary men. We’ll have a celebration at the end of this initiation if all goes well. Now listen to me carefully, I have chosen a specific place for each of you to finish off the above people. I’ll pick out a person and you simply do what I asked in which then the person will die. I hope you’re all man enough to not ruin my floor with your stomach contents. Now…” he claps loudly three times. “Let’s start.”

Three guards came and place the three men facing the five dying souls swinging on the above chains a few eight or nine feet off the ground. Kevin sighs and kneels down, watching the whole show in quiet anxiety. A.J. gags loudly as the scent of blood wafted over his nose immediately, almost sending him into immediate gagging and reeling.

Amerian smiles and steps up to A.J.: pointing to a young man of about sixteen swinging on the chain almost lifelessly. “Do me a favor and with your sword I want you to be able to swing up the chains and chop off the man’s scalp.”

The other two gasp in horror as A.J. eyes Amerian and then back at Kevin who nods.

A.J. exhales slowly, cracking his neck gently side to side before he grips the first chain, placing the sword in the leg sheath that is being strapped around his thigh at the moment. Once the sheath is in place, A.J. slides the sword on his sheath as he begins climbing up using only his hands. The others watch with awaited breath as A.J. swings from one chain to the other to finally reach his victim. Holding back a sudden cry out, A.J. shakes and quivers at the deadly sight of the young man on the metal chain, swinging out as his dark eyes looked at him in fear and hope.

A.J. gazes down to see he was about a few feet off ground, feeling the boring of the other’s eyes on him. Sighing deeply, he looks back at the young man, sadly shaking his head as he whispers out a “sorry” before pulling out the sword and quickly cutting off the top scalp of the head, revealing the gray matter of the man’s brain. A.J no longer holding back: gags tremendously as the warm spew of blood splatters on him. He couldn’t hold onto the chain he was on anymore as the sickness rose deep within. He was gonna pass out and he knew it. Nick and Brian watch in horror at the scenery and awaited to see how A.J. will get down.

Kevin observing the whole thing quickly gives orders to place a mat of some kind beneath A.J. in case he falls, so he won’t fall to his death. Some of the gang members quickly drag a plain dirty mattress beneath A.J. as A.J. feels his arms giving up. He feels his body sail back as he begins falling: his eyes close quickly as he faints. He lands on the mattress quickly, his breathing slowing down as he stays still, shaking a bit. His shirt and face, along with his clothes were ruined in the splotches of blood that stained him and reminds him of his killing, his first killing.

Brian and Nick rush over to A.J. as some of the guards push them away, placing them back into position.

“The hell with this! I want to know what happened to him!” Brian shrieks out as Kevin cuts a glare over at him. At once Brian closes his mouth, the fear already etched on his face clearly.

“Well gentlemen, looks like we had a bit of queasiness there. Guess one can expect that for the first time. Though it will feel like a rush to you all. As it does for everyone. Now: Brian your turn. Climb up and give me the heart of that man over there.” Amerian calls out from the ledge, a few feet up from the ground.

Brian gulps and begins to whine in fear, not wanting to go through with this, but knowing the fatal results if he didn’t. He didn’t want to kill another innocent person’s life. But he didn’t want to die himself and the balance between that was too intense.

Amerian points to another man as Brian closes his eyes and whispers out a small prayer to himself as he is lead to a swinging chain. Gripping the metal chain in his hands, he quickly places his sword into the sheath now being strapped onto his right thigh by some of the guards. Once they were done, they step back as he gazes over at Nick who seemed numbed and too in shock to say or do anything. Feeling a bit pale, Brian nervously lets out a deep breath as he begins to pull up the chain, slowly climbing up to it. Once he reached the middle of the chain, he grips tightly to the chain, wrapping his legs around it as he pulls out his sword. He didn’t know how to do what Amerian asked but gazes at the man sadly, tears streaking down his sweating cheeks. “Please forgive me.” He whispers out to the man as he forcefully pushes the sword into the man’s chest cavity. He was greeted with a splash of blood as he jams the sword and tries to cut around the right side, hoping he didn’t ruin the heart. His gagging reactions went almost overtime as he makes his final incision, creating a hole wide enough for the insides to tumble out. And sure enough the small fist size muscle in all its bloody glory tumbles out as one of the guards below caught it, placing it into a container. Along with the heart falling, Brian loses his grip as he too falls below. A few guards below catch Brian as he lands on their arms, placing him back on the ground.

Amerian smiles as he takes the container, smiling at Brian in approval. “Nick, it’s now your turn. From this point, I want you to aim your pistol to the three men above you. You must shoot them with only bullet, making sure the same bullet kills off the three men above you.”

Nick whines as tears cloud his eyes, he couldn’t do this. Not death. But he sees Kevin’s gaze at him as he sadly gulps and raises his pistol up to the men. Aiming slowly, he watches the direction the three men hung as he moves around, standing a few feet away from the first man hung on the chain. Closing one eye, he pulls the trigger from his pistol as the bullet pops loudly through the air, slamming first into the first man though his lower abdomen, then the other one through his upper thigh and finally hitting the last man behind the other two on the knee. Lowering his gun, he sighs and gulps, panting heavily at the destruction he caused. Amerian stares at him boldly as he stands up and claps his hands and soon after words everyone else in the room joins in, watching Nick.

Amerian laughs and shouts from above, on the ledge, “Gentlemen, now for the celebration!” The loud cheers and hoots rang out in the room from the statement as they all begin to exit the arena.

Kevin approaches Nick and smiles, patting Nick on the shoulder, “You did it. Welcome to “The Eclipses.”
~*~

Howie pulls up to the parking lot of the club as he sighs and gazes at the two women. “Alright. Do you each have your cells with you?”

Coral sighs and nods as Howie tells them to hand it over. “You’ll get searched when they take you. You can’t have that with you or any kind of metal objects cause there is a metal detector at their place.”

Arianna sucks her teeth as she hands Howie her pistol along with her badge and knife.

Howie smirks and glances at his partner next to him. “I’m really curious as to see where you hid all that in those clothes.”

Arianna giggles, “Shhh. It’s my little secret. I’ll never tell.”

Coral laughs from the backseat as she too hands Howie her cell and exhales.

“Alright girls. This is it. You’re gonna go the club, stay on the right side of it. If you see any good looking men staring at you, chances are they’re from the Eclipses. Go and flirt and do whatever you can to get them to notice you. If you do, you’ll be taking a ride home with them to their liar.” Howie states: gazing at them in concern. “And girls, be careful. I can’t lose you guys to them. If you succeed in staying with them, you’ll be honored bravely for your time.”

The two women nods their heads as they gather their purses ready to head out.

“So we’ll see ya there in the gang then shortly right?” Arianna whispers.

“Yeah, give me two hours and I’ll be training to be part of that gang.”

“Ok. But Howie: just one question.” Coral asked from the backseat.

“Sure go ahead.” Howie turns in his seat to look at her, “Shoot.”

“Ok, do you know how we’ll all get out from there when its time?”

Howie licks his lips gently as he sighs, “No. We’ll see how long we can go before I can do anything else. We won’t be heard from for months, but the chief is already informed about this investigation so any missing or file reports will head to him first. But hey we’ll be ok. Don’t worry about it. We’re trained professionals.”

“But sometimes even trained professionals can’t get out of certain messes.” Arianna retorts, opening the car door and steps out. “See you soon Howie. Good luck.”

Howie nods and smiles, “Ok, same to you amor.”

Arianna smiles as Coral exits the vehicle both waving back at Howie as they make their way to the night club.

“May God bless us all in this case.” Howie whispers, slumping back in the seat before heading out of the car to enter the club from another entrance.
~**~

**~To Be Contined…~**
Executioner's Style by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~“What do we have to fear but fear itself.” -Unknown

**~Executioner’s Style~**

He leans over the porcelain savior, watching the water swirl and flush down the toilet bowl as he sits back, taking in a deep breath.

“Hey Alex, you ok?” Kevin steps into the small room, gazing at the tattooed man worriedly.

“Yeah sure, fine. Just peachy. Killing is something I’m fond of.” A.J. growls out sarcastically, beginning to feel the rumble start up in his stomach once again. He groans out, leaning over the bowl again, waiting to see if anything else will arise from his abdomen.

“I’m sorry you had to do that. But those are the rules and regulations of this group…”

A.J. hisses out angrily intercepting the older man cursing up a storm. “The hell with all this. I didn’t sign up to be apart of anything. Especially this group. You think that I had this planned in my life to go out and join some gang that is responsible for the leading drug industry…”

Kevin stops him, grabbing the man’s lips and squeezing them tightly. “Listen to me. We’re in the same boat. But if you think you could find a way out of it besides getting killed, then go ahead. But you don’t have a choice as of now. Do you hear me?” Kevin manically whispers out.

A.J. lashes out and backs away from Kevin: glaring at him. He backs up against the wall, spitting on the floor before him. “You can take this group and shove it up your…”

“Alex!” Kevin growls out, “It’s not up to me nor what you want. You lost your right the moment you set foot in this place. You don’t like it, well too bad. I can’t do anything about this myself.”

“You little bastard! You can walk away from this whole hell hole yet you stick around.” A.J. stands up to the man, gripping his hands tightly to the side.

“I can’t walk away!”

“Gee I wonder why?!” A.J. tenses up, brushing pass the man entering the small dormitory room he was given from the leader to reside in.

Each of the three men where given a room to stay and be sheltered in for the time being until their first real task be assigned to prove them worthy of a better and larger furnished room will be assigned to them.

Kevin narrows his eyes, shaking his head in disapproval. “You have a lot to learn. You think it’s a walk in the park leaving here don’t ya? Try putting the very people you care about in danger or at risk for your stupidity!”

A.J. snorts, tossing a white blanket off the bed to the tiles below him. “They wouldn’t dare!”

“Try them if you don’t believe me. I’m not here to baby sit. I have a job to do and you should get along with following orders.” He sternly states, eyeing the younger man.

A.J. flips him off and smirks, bitterly jokily out a rude comment: “Yes my lord, of course. I’ll get right to it. And you know what else I want to see happen?”

Kevin growls out, gathering a ring of keys in his hands, quickly clipping the keys to his jean belt. “No and I could care less. Now if you excuse me, I have to get some stuff prepared for your first task. It’s pathetic how much I’m doing to save your life and you do nothing but complain.”

“Go to Hell Kevin!”

“Already there.” Kevin smirks, exiting the room, the heavy door slamming close behind him leaving an upset A.J. alone to deal with what recently occurred.

Sighing, Kevin understood what A.J. and in fact what the other two men must be dealing with. They killed for the first time, their innocence brutally taken away from them when it came to murder. He could easily relate to all of them and wanted to see if somehow maybe in one way save them from being involved further in the group. But he knew that would be a challenge in itself and sighs bitterly, walking down the hallway away from the rooms that held the men.
~*~

He looks out the bay window, sniffing softly as small group of white doves took off in their flight outside the ledge. He leans his head back against the rough pillow, blinking back more tears as the rickety ceiling fan twirls lazily above him. “Why? Why did I do that? He could have lived…I killed him…” He murmurs in shock, folding his arms behind his head for support.

A tap from the door brings him out his thoughts as he jolts up in the twin bed. “Co, come in.” He whispers out, sitting up as Kevin opens the door and steps in.

“Hey Brian. I’m sorry if you napping. I just came to see you.”

“Why do you care?”

“Excuse me?” Kevin rushes out surprised.

“You heard me. Since the moment I was brought here you have done nothing to get me out of here. This place changed you Kevin. You’re not the same man I knew months before.” Brian states softly, gazing at the dirty white carpet below him.

“You don’t know the whole story so don’t you dare throw that at me, do you here?” Kevin licks his lips slowly, anger rising in his voice.

“Then what am I suppose to think?! Kevin I was told to kill a man over there! I killed a man! For God’s sake I took someone’s life away! Doesn’t that mean anything to you? I can’t do this?! I can’t…oh God, I can’t…” Brian cries out softly, sniffing as Kevin stares at him.

“I know none of this makes sense, but I can’t talk it about with you here.”

“When?! When will you talk to me about this hell hole you got yourself in? I have a family Kevin! And the last I remember so do you!”

“We’re being watched. That’s why.” Kevin grumbles quietly, gazing at the corner ceiling of the room to indict a tiny camera recording their every move.

“Ohhh how nice. They’re filming this whole thing. That’s so freakin’ nice, it really is Kev.” Brian sarcastically whispers, faking a smile at his direction.

“You just get ready. The boss is pleased with your actions today. You went through the task without the fault and you’ll be a getting your first task shortly. I just wanted to inform you of that. Try to rest ok.” Kevin whispers, gripping the door knob behind as he silently opens the door to exit the room.

“Wait…”

“What?” Kevin eyes his cousin, gulping glancing at the camera before looking back at him.

“I’m not gonna die right?”

“What? No! Where did you get that idea from?”

Brian sighs and mouths out quietly: “Cause I’m planning on leaving.”

“You know you can’t.”

“Why not? I’m screwed staying here, hell if I leave. At least if I try to bounce out of here I can die knowing I tried to get my life back.” Brian whispers out gently, standing up from the corner of the bed, heading over to the installed bathroom in the room.

Kevin sighs, exiting the room heading to check on the youngest man in the group.

Knocking on the next man’s room, he notices it was open and slowly steps inside to find the blonde fair skinned man, shivering at the edge of his bed.

“Nick? Nick, what’s wrong?” Kevin whispers, hurrying over to the man.

Nick looks up at him wearily passing a hand through his blonde spikes: “Did, did you see what happened to me?”

“What?” Kevin speaks out softly, noting the man has taken the initiation harder than the others.

“I, I have to get out of here. I can’t be here. There is no way in hell I can kill another person.” Nick cries out, his hands shaking softly as he draws in rapid breaths.

Kevin sighs, gazing at the sudden paling man: “I need you to get ready. The boss wants to see you to assign your first task. Then you can go and relax, get away from this environment at a club we attend to at times. It could do you some good.”

“How can you take this in stride as if what I did don’t matter?! I can’t go out and think it’s all good after I put bullets through three victims!”

“Nick, shhh…I know this freaks you all out. But it was an initiation that needed to be done. It’s over now though. You don’t have to kill anyone anymore. Do you understand me?”

“I wanna go home. I just wanna go home. In my own house, and get my life back.” Nick worriedly whispers out, his blue eyes glazed over in distress.

“I know. I know you do man. So do I…but we gotta deal with what we have ok?”

Nick gulps and nods. Standing up from his bed, he draws in a shallow breath. “So what now?”

“Just come with me for now. It’ll be ok soon Nick. You’ll see.”

Nick rubs his red swollen eyes and gazes at him. “Fine. Ok. So…”

“Come with me.”

Nick gulps and follows the man out of the door and sighs deeply, rubbing his temples as they make their way down the wooden plank hallway.

Kevin knew it none of this made sense but if he had some form of connection to the outside world, then maybe, maybe there is way for his escape along with the other innocent victims forced to take hold of acceptance in the gang that they were to embrace.
~*~

Howie runs a hand down his weary face as he gazes at the Rolex watch on his wrist. “This is taking too long. Where are they?” He murmurs to himself hoping to see the two women, his co-workers, emerge from the club. “What am I thinking? This won’t work. How the hell am I gonna stop a leader of the elite powerful trade on my own with no backup. Smart idea Dorough, never cease to amaze myself.” He grumbles, sliding back in the leather driver’s seat, his palms gripping the top of steering wheel. It was torture for him to sit through while the women are risking their lives. It was driving him insane not knowing what could be happening to the women inside the club. But he only hoped that they would be ready for whatever will happen.
~*~

A hip hop song blasts through the thick smoke filled dance club as Coral and Arianna slowly make their way through the mass crowd of roaring dancing, bodies crashing into one another as if one wave. Coral annoyed at the sudden closeness she was entering, pushes her way through the crowd reaching the bar counter where bar stools aligned the area. Gold and blue booths decorated the club neatly aligned on either side of the large dancing mass in center of the dance floor as Arianna gazes up to the second level balcony to find a vacant booth, bobbing her head to Fat Joe’s “Lean Back” single pricking out of the large basses in the club.

“Coral over here! We can check out the crowd from this area.” Arianna yells out, pointing to a stairwell leading up to the club balcony where another level of booths were located.

Coral quickly ushers her way over to her partner as they climb up the spiral silver metal stairwell quickly, their high heel shoes clump and echo behind them as they reach the first booth overlooking the lower dancing hall below them. Sliding into the booth, Arianna smirks, brushing back a lock of golden strand behind her ears, her light green blue eyes glitter in amusement as she leans her head over the black metal railing, sitting calmly.

Coral smirks, trailing her caramel fingers down her black seamless dress, smirking at the low neck line, her breasts carefully tucked and hidden in the dresses straps. Her pushes aside her loose cinnamon colored locks and ties them into a messy bun, gazing below to the lower level. “How do we know what the gang members look like? Its not like they’ll roll in here tagged in their colors.”

“It’ll be easy. They come to us. All we have to do is wait around. Trust me: you’ll know them when you see them.” Arianna smirks, adjusting the red fray belt on her tight short silk mini skirt. Her fingers fixing the gold necklace dangling from her neck as it hits her tight lace red halter top. “But while we’re waiting, tell me alittle about yourself. You know since we’re both stuck on this case together.” She smiles gently, calling over a waitress. “Coral what do you want to drink?”

“Oh can I get some whiskey?” Coral politely asks, her light grey eyes studying the club carefully.

The busty waitress scribbles something down on a pad and nods as Arianna places her order down. The waitress quickly exits leaving the two women on alone in their booth.

“So you gonna tell about you or do I have to make a guess?” Arianna smirks, placing her arms beneath her chin as she waits for a response.

“Well. I was transferred here from New York City precinct thirty three on the upper west side in Harlem. My boss notified me about the issue taking place here. So I joined up without thinking of anything else.”

“I see. You had tons of questions and you still do. But compared to the gangs you know, this one is one of the most dangerous ones around. And since it’s such a new group expanding quickly, it is becoming harder to track down those closely held responsible.” Arianna sits up as another hip hop song blasts from the speakers, this one a more abrasive tone to the beat of a dance hall song. The waitress comes back with two glass cups filled with their ordered drinks, placing it on the table.

“Is that all?” The waitress asks.

Arianna nods, “Yes that’s it for now.”

“Alright. Well that will be twenty two fifty in total.” The waitress yells out over the pounding music that rose volume suddenly.

Coral nods and hands her amount of the drink to the waitress as Arianna does the same, watching the waitress walking away.

Coral leans on the table across to Arianna, placing her hands on the black table: “You guys mentioned the whole drug trade, do you know where the next trading spot will be?”

Arianna smirks, “Well that’s why we’re here. To get into the gang and find out ourselves.”

“Be honest Ari. Will we get the guy?”

“Yeah...yes. Don’t doubt. Why do you ask?”

“Its, its just that well leaders of gangs in general tend to take out the entire gang before they would put themselves behind bars and if we’re to save a entire group of innocent bystanders within the group it will mean risky business.”

Arianna snorts, twirling her umbrella straw in her drink, “Well this job calls for risky business all the time, so this shouldn’t surprise you at all. If you’re worried about how we will get out, Howie has it all mapped out. We’ll be fine. We’ll become part of the gang as a background until it is time to leave and then and only then, we’ll take all the people we can with us. No one will get hurt. We’re used to stuff like this.”

“Well I never did the whole undercover thing.”

“Oh well there’s a first time for everything girl.” Arianna giggles, lifting her drink and taking a sip of it.

Coral smiles, swaying her head gently to the beat of the music. She yawns and looks around, spotting all the exits of the club and the tables that can be obstacles in the way in case if anything goes wrong. She gazes at Arianna who’s eyes shot open wide as she pulls her drink away slowly gazing across Coral’s side.

Coral slowly turns around to see a rather tall broad shoulder raven haired man leading a group of three men behind him who seemed rather terrified and unsure of their surroundings. Coral narrows her eyes and smirks, turning to Arianna. “Is that them? The gang?”

“What? Huh? Oh I don’t know. I’m just looking at them cause they look nice on the eyes.” Arianna smirks, placing the glass cup to her lips to take a sip.

Coral breaks into a laugh as the four men each take a seat on a bar stool on the upper level where they all were at.

“Ok. Well I’ll give you credit, they’re real attractive. All of them, especially that tattooed guy.” Coral smiles, indicting to A.J. who seemed slumped on the stool lost in thought.

Giggling, Arianna pokes Coral on the shoulder and points to the men: “Well girl don’t just sit there. Go over there and introduce yourself.”

Laughing, Coral smirks and shakes her head, “No, I mean I don’t know what to say.”

Arianna breaks into laughter, “You’re a detective who’s captured New York’s finest kingpins and yet here you are without a word to say to some hot men. Now that’s just interesting.”

Coral gazes at the woman in shock as she laughs, “You’re probably right. Fine, fine. Then come with me.”

Arianna shakes her fingers and smirks, “You don’t need me.”

“Aren’t you interested in getting to know these guys yourself?”

“Na. I’m kinda setting my eyes on someone else. Speaking of which, I have to find the ladies room, so I’ll be right back. And good luck on the talking, I’m sure they don’t bite girl. You have nothing to worry about.” Arianna teases, giggling as she exits the second level and exits the club, heading to Howie’s parked car.

Howie looks from the wheel, nibbling on his thumb as he sits up and glances to see Arianna reaching the side window. “What are you doing? Get back inside girl!”

Arianna smirks, “What? I can’t see you or something. Besides Coral was gonna talk to some hot men and I thought of you. I mean when is it gonna be the next time I’ll see you once I get taken away by those fine hot men?” She teases him, causing him to laugh out as he open the driver’s side door stepping out.

“Well…” He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her in as he layers her soft lips with his kisses.

She giggles and runs her hands down his unruly hair, “I’m gonna miss this, touching you and talking to you. And kissing you.”

“Same here love. This is gonna suck. I mean we won’t be able to do it either.” He smirks, joking around as Arianna burst out laughing.

“Maybe we should make up for that right now.” She giggles, pushing him to the hood of his car.

Howie smirks, leaning on the edge of the car as he pulls Arianna next to him. “So…” He kisses her softly, “Did you see anyone suspicious yet?”

“Nope.” Arianna kisses him back gently as Howie pushes her so she was lying on her back on the hood.

“Yeah well I’m sure they’re on their way heading to the club. We just gotta keep a look out for them that’s all.” Howie whispers standing in front of her as he wraps her legs around his waist as he climbs the hood so he was over her, kissing her neckline as she giggles.

“You know, if we weren’t on a case at this point, it wouldn’t seem so kinky.”

Howie chuckles, “Shhh…so I take it you like it kinky then.” He trails his fingers over her heaving chest as she shivers under his touch lifting up her halter top revealing her bare breasts.

“Maybe, depends on the occasion boy.” She purrs out.

Howie smiles, “I’m gonna take that as a yes and if you really want to do this, it has to be a quickie.”

“Fine. I’m down for it then.” Arianna giggles, unzipping his jeans.

“Calm down woman.” Howie snickers as he lifts up her skirt, pulling down her panties.

Arianna laughs and glances at her watch, “You better hurry boy, you got five minutes before Coral starts looking for me.”

Howie laughs as he straddles her and begins to kiss her, their actions quickly picking them up, enrapturing them as they flowed together in their lust.
~*~

Coral sighs and slowly walks over to the four men sitting at the bar stools each quiet and contempt in their thoughts. Stepping over to the tan golden haired man: she smiles and waves gently at him before taking a seat on a vacant stool besides A.J.

The bartender crosses to her as Coral shakes her head telling him she already had a drink. A.J. glances over at her as Coral feels odd being stared at by the four men. “Well hello boys. Nice evening right?”

A.J. smirks at the small talk the woman was attempting and rolls his eyes. “Yeah, it sure is.”

“So, well I’m Connie, what’s your name?” Coral smiles, tapping her fingernails on the bar counter, the music pulsating through the atmosphere.

A.J. takes a sip of his drink, placing the glass cup down, his dark eyes locking with hers. “Alex, why? You interested in something?” He smirks, his hands resting on the counter before him.

“Well depends on what that interest is.” Coral asks, gazing around at the other three men. “Are they your friends?”

A.J. nods, “I have a lot of interests. And yeah somewhat about the friend thing.”

“Oh ok.”

Nick yawns and turns to see Coral sitting besides A.J. as he smirks, “Hey pretty lady, whatcha doing around here all alone?”

“I was talking.” Coral states gently catching A.J. snicker at her comment.

“Yeah well Alex here don’t do much talking. But maybe I can help out.” Nick smiles, his gorgeous profile catching her view.

“Oh really? Well go right ahead then man. Knock yourself out.” A.J. smirks, gazing at Nick before returning back to Coral. “Oh Connie this here is Nick. I hope you don’t mind me switching seats with him, he seems to want to talk more tonight than I can at the moment. I hope you don’t take that as an offense.”

Coral shrugs her shoulders, “It’s alright.”

“Ok.” A.J. smiles gently, his tan handsome face seemed downcast even through all the smiles he attempted giving at her direction. Coral watches the men switch bar stools, Nick quickly plopping onto the stool next to her and smiles.

“So you by yourself?” Nick asks, taking a sip of his drink.

“Na, with a friend of mines. She should be around here somewhere.”

“Ah ok. Well as Alex said, I’m Nick, the sandy haired guy sitting next to Alex is Brian and the dark haired one is Kevin.”

Coral smiles and waves at the other two men: “Hi Brian and Kevin.”

Brian sniffs, rubbing his tired eyes as he waves gently, whispering out a hello as Kevin gazes at her strongly, taking her in with his gaze. Coral smiles, feeling a faint blush cross her cheeks at the man’s gaze.

“Hi.” Kevin whispers out, stirring his dark brandy in a glass cup with a straw.

“They’re not up for talking but that’s ok I guess.” Nick states, focusing back on Coral.

“The silent strong men. That’s ok, I kinda find that appealing about some men.”

A.J. snorts, taking a sip of his drink as he excuses himself to the bathroom.

Coral watches A.J. leave, curiosity egging her on to follow the man, but she restrained herself and decided to continue her conversation with Nick.

“Silent they’re not. As for strong, Well I’m not sure about that one.” Nick smiles friendly, tapping his half empty cup on the table.

Coral giggles softly, gazing over at the three men remaining. “So you guys from around here?”

“Yeah. You?” Brian finally speaks up, taking interest in her as he leans his arms on the bar counter, looking over Nick’s shoulder to see Coral.

Coral smirks, “Cool. Well me I’m just visiting friends.”

“Oh ok. I was gonna say, I never seen you around this area.” Nick smiles, taking a long sip of his liquored drink, a small trail of liquor dripped down his chin as Coral smirks and looks down at her hands on the counter. She was uncomfortable sitting here with these handsome men watching her every move when suddenly an idea clicked into her head. She gulps and scans over each man, noting every detail from them. She noted how highly attractive they were compared to the men in the club and she takes a deep breath fearing these could be the gang members, but she needed to make sure before she could pull the plan through.

Brian watches her concerned, reaching over the counter to touch her hand lightly: “Hey Connie you ok?”

Coral looks up and nods, smiling. “Ummm, yeah sure. I’ll, I’ll be right back.” She whispers, quickly sliding off the stool and rushing over to the ladies room hoping to find Arianna in there.
~*~

Arianna giggles, adjusting her halter top as Howie opens his car door, zipping his jeans up. “You’re such a freak.”

“Look who’s talking.” Howie chuckles: sliding into the driver’s seat, closing the door next to him.

“Hehe. Bad boy. You finished good by the way. I hope none of the party goers heard my screams.”

Howie smirks, “They might have. You had a mouth there for a minute.”

“Well I can’t help it. You do your job well, so that’s a compliment.” Arianna giggles out, fixing her flaxen locks into a smooth straight ponytail. Sighing, she leans into the driver’s window, gently kissing him slowly and passionately before running a hand down his cheek. “God I’m gonna miss you.”

“Same here. You be careful ok. We have a case to work on and lives depend on it.” Howie smiles sadly, cradling Arianna’s chin as he leans to kiss her one last time.

Arianna gulps and rubs her wet eyes as she inches back slowly, her eyes locked on Howie. “Take care baby.” She whispers out, heading back to the club as Howie watches her disappear back into the club entrance.

“You’ll be ok baby girl. You always are.” Howie whispers out, knowing she couldn’t have heard him.
~*~

A.J. heads down the bathroom hallway bumping into a fair headed woman who was rushing pass him. “Oh, sorry girl.”

“That’s ok. Sorry, I should have slowed down.” The woman breaths out, gathering herself as she gazes at him.

“It’s aight. We’re both still alive and well so that’s all that matters.” A.J. smiles, his eyes taking in the woman’s long smooth lightly tan legs wrapped in a tight black silky mini skirt. “I’m sorry you look familiar. Do I know you?”

Arianna narrows her eyes, shaking her head. “Doubt it. I never seen you before you.”

“Oh ok. Never mind then.” A.J. smirks, noticing the woman’s red halter top was cut low on the sides baring the sides of her breasts.

Arianna follows his gaze and blushes, fixing her top as she clears her throat. “That’s ok. Though know that I think of it. I’ve seen you around this club before.”

A.J. straightens up, “Yeah probably. Like I said you look familiar. Maybe we’ve seen each other around or something.”

“That has to be it.” She checks her gold watch and takes a deep breath. “Oh I have to go find my friend, she’ll kill me keeping her waiting too long.”

A.J. smirks, “Your friend? I thought you came here alone.”

“Na, I don’t do clubbing on my own. I gotta have backup cause one doesn’t want too seem desperate if you know what I mean.” Arianna smiles, brushing back a moist blonde strand stuck from her cheek.

“Yeah I hear ya. Why don’t I walk ya back to your friend? You know places like this always have some creeps hitting on fine ladies.” A.J. smiles causing Arianna to laugh.

“So you’re saying you’re not a creep then correct?”

A.J. snickers out, “I’m a lousy creep then cause I haven’t hit on you yet.”

“Yet? So there’s a possibility then?”

“Well…”A.J. smiles and teases: “If you want that then I’ll gladly provide.” He scans over her to see her gentle face with sparkling green blue eyes glittering beneath the soft club florescent lights.

Arianna grins and nods, “Well if you put it that way, I guess a girl like me could use the protection and company.”

“Good. Then I’m glad to help out.” A.J. places his shades on the collar of his shirt, guiding the woman along down the hallway. Arianna leads him to back to the booth on the second level as he glances over to see Coral talking with Nick still. “I hope your friend didn’t ditch you. This booth looks empty.”

Arianna smirks, glancing over to Coral at the bar counter: “Nope, she’s right over there.” She indicts to A.J. as he whispers out surprised.

“Oh you know Connie then.”

Arianna smirks at the name and nods, “Yup, Sure did. Hey Connie!” She calls out to Coral who turns and smiles at her, waving her over.

A.J. glances over at Arianna and smiles, “I’m Alex by the way. You?”

Arianna smirks and purrs out: “You can call me Ana.”

A.J. smiles, “Ok Ana. Nice to meet you.”

“Likewise.” She gazes over at him, heading to the bar and slides into a vacant barstool besides Coral. Whispering in her ear, she smirks:

“Looks like they caught the bait girl.”

Coral looks up at her confused, “What? No. They…you think?”

Arianna rolls her eyes and smiles, nodding her head: “It’s obvious don’t ya think? They’re too good looking to be around here and fit in. And you know it as well as I do.”

Coral whispers back into Arianna’s ear, “So what do we do now?”

“Hope they take us with them. We have to flirt and do it good. Cause we can’t miss out on this.” Arianna whispers back, hearing A.J.’s voice call her out.

“Ana, hey girl, you and Connie gonna hang around here for while. Cause I’m about to head out with my friends.” A.J. languidly leans on the bar counter as the other men stand up and look around.

“This is it. We have to go with them.” Coral whispers out to Arianna who smiles and gazes over at A.J.

“You’re leaving already? Wow. That’s sucks, we were just getting to know each other.” Arianna bats her eyes at him, hoping he would fall for it.

A.J. grins and gazes over at Kevin, “Kevin, you said we could take a lady with us if we wanted right?”

Kevin smirks, “Yeah, if you want to do that.”

A.J. grins, “Sweet. Aight hold on.”

Nick gazes at Kevin excitedly: “So I’m guessing I can invite Connie then right?”

Kevin chuckles, “Yeah, they can stay the night with you guys if you want them too.”

Brian snorts, rolling his eyes. “Kev you gonna allow those poor women to be treated like slaves to them?”

“Hey they have their own minds. Those girls are free to decide what they want to do. We don’t hold them or anything. If the guys want them, so be it.” Kevin calmly answers watching Nick and A.J. approach the women.

“Umm… hey Connie.”

“Hey Nick. You heading out now right?” Coral whispers out.

“Yeah, but I was thinking, ummm…if you’re interested we can hang out a little more with me and my friends.” He states, his eyes tracing the low neckline the black dress provided on her.

Coral smirks, “Ok, I guess. That’s sounds cool.”

Nick sighs out of relief, smirking: “Aight cool then. Ready to go?”

Coral nods, “Sure.” And takes his hand as they join the other two men waiting.

A.J. strolls over to Arianna and nudges over to his friends, “I’m thinking if you’re up for it, you can roll with us since your friend is chilling with us.”

“You don’t need to ask me twice. I’m already there.” Arianna smirks, following the men as they all exit and board a black tinted expedition.

Howie looks up from searching through a manila folder on his lap to see a group of four men leading what looked like Arianna and Coral to their vehicle.

Quickly finding a pair of binoculars, he places them on his eyes and smiles, focusing to see that indeed it was the two women. “Yes! You guys made it! They sure look like the Eclipses too. Too pretty boy looking.” He smirks, placing the binoculars back on the dash board as he turns the ignition on, shutting off the headlights so he can follow behind the expedition.

He watches the expedition speed off as he quickly pushes down on the pedal, pushing away from the club to follow behind. He gulps and hopes that the women will be safe as he turns and takes a highway wondering where exactly the Eclipses where staying at the moment. Gulping, he drives down a narrow dark alleyway, hearing the scuttles and squeaking of some rats running around as he watches the Expedition pull to a stop and park behind a large vacant glamorous metal silver building. Raising his eyebrows, Howie parks in the shadows, meters away from the expedition to see the group of four men and two women make their way inside the back of the building. Howie sighs and pulls out his badge, tucking it away in a small compartment hidden above him in case his car gets searched. He hides his pistol, manila folder with random facts and hand cuffs in the same place with the badge and gulps, waiting around as he slowly exits the car, locking the door behind him. Walking slowly towards the building, he tugs his keys away hearing a soft rustling around him. Gulping, he reaches the back of the building and scans the area hearing a cock of a pistol behind him.

Gulping, he raises his hands up, turning around to see a dark haired man with bright green eyes glare at him.

“Stay put! How did you get here?” The man growls out remaining in the dark shadow so only his light eyes glimmer in the silver moon light.

“I don’t know. I took a wrong turn and ended up here, it’s a dead end, I’m just about to head back to my car.” Howie smoothly whispers out, hoping the man bought it.

Kevin eyes Howie, his hands on his own pistol, aiming it at Howie. Smiling, Kevin eyes him and smirks. “You’re not heading back to your car.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. You’re coming with me.”

Howie gulps and shakes his head, backing away: “Uhhhh, look, I have to get somewhere if you want money or something I’m only carrying a twenty on me.”

Kevin laughs, “I’m not robbing you. You’re coming with me.”

Smiling, Howie remembers the voice and nods: “Ok Kevin.”

Kevin steps out of the shadows and lowers his pistol, his eyes tearing up. “Why? Why did you come here?”

“To save you.”

“You can’t…” Kevin chokes out. “It’s too late for me.”

“Why can’t you just leave now with me?” Howie whispers out, looking at his old partner from the precinct.

“It’s…too complicated.” Kevin mumbles out, sniffing as he tucks his pistol away.

Howie gulps, “You’re just doing your job. I understand you.” He fixes his white dress shirt, tucking his hands into his dark jeans.

“You have to come with me…” Kevin chokes out, sniffing, tucking the pistol away, gently touching Howie’s arm.

“I thought you were dead.” Howie quietly states, watching Kevin throw his arms around him suddenly embracing the man in a friendly matter.

“I did die.” Kevin gulps, pushing away from Howie as he leads him inside the building. “I was just hoping you wouldn’t join me. I thought that with you out in the world, that maybe you could stop this group.”

“I am…”

“You don’t know what you got yourself into.” Kevin states, leading Howie down a hidden trail of silver stairwells as Howie rubs his eyes knowing that at least now, he could begin to investigate and finally solve if not end this puzzle once and for all.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Another Dimension by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former President Theodore Roosevelt

**~Another Dimension~**

Coral quietly follows behind Nick who seemed lost and confused for a moment before turning down another hallway.

“You know I thought you lived on a campus or something. Is this like a fraternity place or something?” Coral plays along, knowing full well she was inside their world of the gang. Her heels echo against wax wooden planks as she passes door after what seems like endless doors on either side of her.

Nick looks at her and scans the area around him to see if any surveillance cameras were found. He tugs on her arm and gently whispers into her ear: “I’m in trouble. I have to get out of here, but I can’t…”

Coral narrows her eyes and smiles, nodding her head, she whispers back into his ear: “How good are you in keeping secrets?”

The fair spiked haired man straightens up, smirking. “Good why?”

“I’m a detective. I’m here to get you out.” She whispers out gently in his ear so as not to be heard by the camera. Smiling, she grabs the lever of the door: waiting for Nick to pass his key card through it.

Nick gazes at her for a moment, taking in the new detailed data thrown at him. “Are you for real?”

“You guys always doubt. What will it take to prove it to you?” Coral smirks, raising her eyebrows.

Nick snorts, “I have an idea.” Swiping his card as the metal lock blinked to a green allowing their entrance.

“Tsk tsk. I don’t do the dirty…with a younger man than me.” She teases, batting her eyes at him.

Nick smiles, swinging open the door as she walks in first with him following behind. She scans the small tidy room, plopping on the edge of the unmade bed, the white sheets were rolled up into a ball at the foot of the bed.

Nick walks into the bathroom and sighs, noting that this was the only place where no surveillance cameras were placed according to Kevin’s data. “Connie.” He calls out to the woman.

Coral busily stands up, walking around the room to scan everything, not hearing Nick calling out to her.

“Connie? Hey, can you come over here for a sec?” Nick leans out of the bathroom threshold, waving her over.

She hears the name as confusion lurked her face, before she realized that he was calling out to her. Smiling, she accepts and steps into the bathroom as Nick quickly closes the door behind them.

Coral begins to feel uncomfortable about the situation, hoping she wouldn’t have to sleep with the man or come close to it. Stuttering out slowly, she raises her hands, “Look, I said I’m not gonna have se…”

“You really a cop?” Nick intercepted her, his eyes bulging wide.

Coral nods, “Yeah. I know you’re freaked out but I’m gonna make sure I take down the boss of this place.”

“Noo…noo… You don’t get it. You have to get me out of here now! I can’t take it. This boss guy, I met him…God, he’s not one to mess with. Connie, look I don’t think it’s gonna be easy getting out here. You can’t just go and get me out this place. That’s not how it’s done here. They have info on me and my family. I can’t put any one in danger.” He breaths out nervously, nibbling on his lower lip.

“I know about this gang.” She whispers out, confiding in the man quickly since she knew he seemed to a new member who was still trying to know the ropes around the place.

“The man with the dark hair, he used to be a cop too, until he was forced to be here.” Nick leaks out, gulping, wondering why he was being so open to the stranger. Perhaps he saw hope in her and some determination for his safety that assured him, that or he was going on some faith that he can be released from this place.

“I know. I’m working with his partner and we want to save him as well. Nick, what do you know about this place?” Coral asks eagerly, glad she was making progress quickly with the man.

“You, you know about him?!” Nick asks surprised, straightening up as he walks over to the porcelain bathtub.

Coral nods, sitting down on the cold white toilet seat to gaze at the man’s face. “Yes. I know that you guys have to deal with strong issues. And I’m so sorry about your initiation.”

“ Thanks. I guess there isn’t much…just that I had to kill a guy.” Nick drops his head in shame, the guilt flooding his soft features.

“You, you killed a man?”

Nick tears up, gulping down the lump that was rising in his throat. “Ye, yeah. You ain’t gonna arrest cause of that when we get out of here right?”

Coral smiles, gently placing a hand on his shoulder: “No. No I won’t. It’s ok. This wasn’t your fault. It was his life or yours. I’ll admit: if I’m to get you out of here, you have to let me stay with you. It’s the only way I can close enough to the leader.”

“I don’t think that can happen. The gang is designed to have only the women during certain hours. By tomorrow night you would have to leave this place.” Nick whispers, slowly sitting on the edge of the porcelain tub, tapping his fingers nervously on the side of it.

“I’ll think of something. I have to hide out somehow. Find out if there is any way I can stay here. I’m sure one of your friends must know.”

“So you really are a cop huh?” Nick smirks, gazing at the white tiles below him. “I’ll see what I can do. But I can’t promise you that. This place seems to have a thing against chicks… not that you like being called that but you know what I mean.”

Coral smirks, “Yes, I think I do.” Her eyes avert around the bathroom and sighs, “Soooo…if I’m to stay here don’t ya think we should have food to celebrate?”

Nick snorts, standing up and brushing past her, “Celebrate what?”

“Your freedom.” She simply states, smiling as she exits the room leaving him lost in thought.

Nick smiles gently, “Yeah ok. I can get something for us for eat.”

Coral yawns and giggles, gazing around the room as she takes a seat on the bed, tucking her legs beneath her. “We should get to know each other more don’t you think? What do you like to do?” She gazes down adjusting the top of her low cut dress as she senses his eyes on her.

Nick sighs, slumping into a chair across from her tucking his head in his hands. “I like to draw.”

Coral sits up in interest. “Really? Nice. Do you have anything to show?”

Nick licks his lips, gazing around the room, shaking his head. “No. I don’t have anything to draw with. But if I was home I have tons of sketch books and such that show off my skills in it.”

“Hmmmm…so you’re an artist then?”

“To a point. I’d like to think that.”

Coral stands up and yawns, gazing at her watch. “Well, its getting quite late really. Is there anyway I can take a shower while you get something to eat?”

“Sure…but uhhh…you don’t have any clothes to change into besides that dress your wearing.”

Coral giggles, “Well you’re a tall man, I’m sure one of your shirts should fit me quite nicely.”

Nick smirks, “Actually…I wasn’t given any wardrobe as of yet.”

Coral raises her eyebrows, spotting a walk in closet to see rows of folded clothes piled in the corner. Indicting to the pile, she walks over and pulls out a shirt: a blue jersey that seemed to be the man’s size. “Well what do you call these? You look like you have good amount of clothes here.”

Nick confused: rushes over to the closet, kneeling down to the pile to pull out a pair of black cargo pants. “These clothes weren’t here when I left.”

“Guess someone was looking out of ya.”

“Guess so. Well ummm...yeah ok. You do that and I’ll see what I can get for us to eat then k?” Nick politely excuses himself, heading over to the small intercom in the room.

Coral sighs, shaking her head in disbelief. How was she gonna help this man and the others if she only has one day out of the entire week to do it? This would be impossible to pull through unless Howie managed to get in the group himself. Quickly taking the long jersey and pulling out a towel, she exits the closet and goes over to the bathroom as Nick asks one of the members through the intercom what he wanted to eat. Curiosity getting the best of her, she pauses at the bathroom threshold: watching the man look distressed and plagued as he slumps into a chair and buries his head in his hands. Gulping, she silently enters the bathroom, her heart breaking at the sight of lost hope coming from the man as she closes the door behind her.
~*~

Arianna giggles out as A.J. wraps an arm around her waist, giving her tour of his small bedroom. He pulls on her as they both stop in front of a dresser.

Grinning A.J. points, “And this, my fair lady is a dresser.”

“Really? Wow! That’s amazing.” She jokes out, getting a laugh out of him as he pulls away from her and steps back.

“What?” She turns around to gaze at the troubled man, his coffee eyes clouded in lost pain.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it. So ummm…you staying over?”

“Me staying over? Wow, that’s fast. You didn’t even take me out on a date.” Arianna purrs out, batting her eyes at him.

He smirks, cracking his knuckles as he heads to the closet gazing at the rows full of clothes piled neatly. “Hmmmm…” He pulls out a shirt noting it was his size as he snorts. “Well this is interesting.”

Arianna turns around and smiles, heading over to him. “You look like you never seen a shirt before. You do know that has three holes, one for your head and the other two for your arms.” She teases the man, batting her light eyes at him.

A.J. laughs, pulling out another shirt flinging it at her. She catches it and unfolds it, smirking.

“You want me to wear one of your shirts?”

“Well it’s not mine. But I figured if you’re staying over tonight, that you might need something to put on to go to sleep in.” A.J. searches in a row in the small closet to find towels and rags.

“That’s all weird and stuff. But oh yeah cool. Thanks. But I actually don’t need this shirt to sleep in.” Arianna tosses the shirt back at him as he catches it in mid-air gazing at her.

“So Ana, what do you normally wear to sleep in?” A.J. asks curiously as Arianna giggles out.

“I prefer sleeping in the nude.”

A.J.’s mouth drops open as he tilts his head at her: “Ohhhh…you don’t say? Well I sleep nekkid too. But since you’re here I’ll restrain myself.”

Arianna laughs, kindly taking the shirt from his hands as she grabs a blue towel and eases her way to the bathroom. “I was just kidding by the way.”

A.J. smirks, nodding his head. “Ohhh ok.”

“You sound all dissatisfied now.” Arianna smiles: pausing at the bathroom threshold.

“Ahhh, well you kinda rose some hope in me when you said that. That’s all.” A.J. smiles as Arianna giggles: entering the bathroom, the door locking behind her.

A.J. gulps, plopping back on his bed, his back touching the soft mattress beneath as he gazes up at the plain white ceiling above him. “What am I gonna do? I can’t stay here. I don’t belong here.” He murmurs: closing his eyes as the sound of water coming from the shower in the bathroom breaks the still silence that lingered around him for a moment.
~*~

He withholds a yawns and turns abruptly at the sound of Kevin’s muffles voice from up dark stairwell. “Kev?” Brian calls out, looking up at the metal grid stairs to see an average height Latin man with a light caramel tan on his flushed complexion holding his hands up. Brian sees Kevin emerge behind the man with a pistol raised at him, stepping in front of the man, cocking the pistol.

“Brian, we have a trespasser here. I got him. Just go tell the boss will ya? I’m on my way now with the guy.” Kevin whispers out as Brian gulps, eyeing the man curiously.

“How did you find this place?” Brian asks to Howie who smiles.

“Brian?! Go…now.” Kevin hisses out as Brian gulps, rushing down the darkly lit hallway.

Kevin sighs out sadly, placing the pistol away as he slumps to the ground: “Howie…you shouldn’t be here. I shouldn’t have to do this.”

“Then let’s go. Now! They won’t find you. We’ll get your family out and everything. No one will get hurt.” Howie confides to the man.

“Easier said than done my friend. That can’t happen like that.” Kevin whispers, slowly getting up to his feet as a pair of armed guards appeared at the hallway threshold with Brian, locking their weapons on the new comer.

“Vin said bring the man to him.” One of the burly guards announced to Kevin who gulps.

“Alright, I’ll be there shortly. You can leave now.” Kevin orders the men as the guards nods and exit the premises.

Brian eyes the two men curiously and looks over at Howie: “You know him don’t you?” Pointing to Kevin.

Howie gulps, nodding his head: “Yeah.”

Brian gives his a weak smile, “Right, that’s what I thought.”

Howie gazes at Kevin, “I’m not gonna get out of here am I?”

Kevin snorts, “Unless you dream big. Come on. Let get you to the boss.” He sighs, gently taking Howie’s arm, leading the man down the hallway with Brian behind them.
~*~

Coral sighs, gazing over at the sleeping fair haired man on the bed, buried under the thin white cotton sheets. She sits up in the creaking chair gently, taking a small flashlight off the nightstand besides her as she digs through the top dresser to find a black sharpie marker. She creeps into the bathroom with the two items, locking the door behind her. Slumping against the door, she slides to the cold floor, searching through her black dress that was hung on a hanger against the back of the bathroom door. Finding the black journal in a hidden slot of her dress, she turns on the flashlight, the small orb of golden light shining down on the item. Her fingers trace over the smooth leather bound book cover, slowly opening it up to the first blank unlined page. Holding a flashlight in one hand, she places the book on her drawn up knees as she grasps for a pen with the other free hand. Sighing, she begins to write down some thoughts and notes of her first day in ‘The Eclipses’:

-May 15th, 2003 3:30 AM *Nick’s bathroom* ‘First Day’

Confinement, imprisoned by the very haunting thoughts that plague and torture one’s soul is the first thought that swept over me the moment I entered the run down building. The very place where the well known gang: “The Eclipses” dwell in. This is the gang that is known for its notorious drug trading as well as killings around the country. In a matter of one hour I noticed so many things here that scared the hell out of me.

As a woman, I am restricted from staying here more than 24 hours. Because of that regulation I have to find a way back in to get closer…to know more about what this gang really is. I do know they are corrupted in every way. The young soul I am staying with for tonight is a new comer to the gang. I felt the pain and anguish he is enduring as he cried himself to sleep tonight. He wants my help, he told me once we were alone in his room tonight. I want to help him as well as the rest of the unfortunate ones caught in this sick mess. But it is a difficult task to track down or even come close to the leader.

I don’t know what to do. I feel stuck as if the more I try to offer help, the further away I am from finding answers to this dilemma. I’m in the bathroom of the man that took me in tonight. It’s early in the morning and this is the only place I can go where I’m not watched. From what I got, this entire place minus the bathrooms is equipped with surveillance cameras for a reason. Perhaps the leader believes that most of his employers feel the same way as this young man I am staying with does. Maybe he is afraid of losing his workers in his drug trade. Not that it should matter, he works this gang as a mafia. It is a well organized almost family type vibe I got the moment I set foot into the building. The young man I’m staying with was not alone when I first met him. He seemed to have alliances, friends I could almost say that tagged along with him. Yet out of the three men there with him, I noted that the tall raven haired man seemed to have control of the others.

Maybe he is an older member of the group: in fact I know he is. He was once the partner of the man I am now working for. Kevin. It scares me to think how this place can change even the most innocent of the souls into something to fear: something deadly…demonic almost.

Nick, the man I am staying with, confessed later to me in gory details the mutilations of bodies used during his initiation. The man behind all of this murder is a top gun leader set to destroy and claim power over those of weaker strength. He breaks their faith and hope, leaving the lost men with no dreams of ever escaping. But I believe that is false. If one can get in the gang, there is another way besides death to escape this hell on Earth. And I’m going to find out what that is.

Codename: Connie signing off now.

She exhales, leaning her head back against the door, closing the journal and tucking it back in the hidden slot in her dress. She quietly exits the bathroom, curling into a ball on the corner of the occupied bed near the end of foot board as she closes her eyes for some form of sleep.
~*~

He leans back in the office seat, snorting at the sight of the new man that Kevin brought in. “Why should I let him live? How do we know he isn’t five O or something?” the leader glares at Kevin.

“You can check his car, he has it parked nearby here.” Kevin whispers out.

Vincent smirks, running a hand down his shaven bald head: “You heard the man, go check his car.” His deep bass voice booms out to the guards in the room who nod and exit the small stuffy office.

“So…what’s your name?” Vincent leans back in the seat causing it to creak, his bulging muscles show through his white t-shirt.

Howie slowly places his hands down as Vincent pulls out a magnum aiming it at Howie: “I didn’t say put your hands down.”

Howie gulps and nods, raising his hands back up in the air: “Michael.”

Vincent snorts, “Michael eh? So…you stepped into my world. You belong to me now. That is if you can handle all I give you. This is a parent child relationship. Meaning what I say goes and you are not to ask any questions nor deny it. As your ‘parent’ I will tell you what I want, when I want. And you are to follow. Deny a request, you die. Leave this place and you die. Speak unless spoken to you first when it comes to me and you’ll be punished. I have no time to baby sit nor to put up with anyone’s petty problems. So if you have a problem, deal with it ‘cause I won’t care. Understood?” The handsome man smiles: twirling the magnum in his hands.

“So Michael, tell me, how did you find this place?” Vincent asks, pointing to a rickety wooden chair before his office desk.

Howie slowly eases his way to the chair and plops down, keeping his hands in the air. “It was by accident sir. I took a wrong turn and got lost. When I got out, that man…” He indicates to Kevin, “Found me.”

“Ahhh, yes well. You’re caught. Usually I tend to pick my children as I like to call my members out through a small trial. But your looks qualify you to be an instant member that is if you can perform the initiation.” Vincent smiles: standing up from his seat, heading over to the doorway.

“Initiation?”

“Why yes. You didn’t think I would believe your trust until you perform the task at hand now do you? I have plans for this group to succeed globally and no one will take down what we’re made of.” Turning to Howie, he aims his pistol at the man as the two guards enter the room again. “Strip him. Make sure if he has a form of I.D or such to dump it in the trash.”

Howie gasps, looking over at Kevin who drops his head to the ground, too ashamed to gaze back. Brian exhales deeply, afraid of what to do and wanting to help. He closes his eyes, turning to the wall fearing he would say something that would anger the leader. Howie gulps as the two armed men each grab one of his arms and push him against the wall, yanking off his clothes as he stands helplessly in fear to all that is going on around him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Senseless Words by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Senseless Words~**

Howie gulps as the guards snort, putting on a pair of rubber gloves to begin searching through his clothes. Standing in only a pair of black boxer briefs, he feels the heat of embarrassment rise up on his cheeks.

One of the guards chuckle, swinging Howie’s jeans around in the air: “Aww look, little man wants his clothes back.” Howie glares at them as the guards break into a rude laughter.

Kevin no longer holding back, steps in between the guards and Howie: raising his hands in the air. “That’s enough. Give the guy his stuff back. He’s obviously not carrying anything on him as we can tell.”

One of the guards snort, kicking Howie’s dark denim jeans on the floor with disgust: “Who died and made you boss? I can do what the hell I want to do, you don’t owe me.” One of the guards lashes out to Kevin, grinding his teeth at him.

Snarling, Kevin pulls out his pistol and cocks it, pressing it coldly on the guard’s forehead: “Try me you little prick. I come this close to pulling the trigger on your fat a…”

“Kill him already. What are you waiting for?” Vincent steps into the office room suddenly, a smile spreading his face.

Kevin narrows his eyes, pressing the cold steel pistol onto the guard’s forehead. “You heard the boss. Kill you.”

The guard begins shaking softly, raising his hands: “Ooook. I’ll, I’ll stop harassing the guy.”

“Good man.” Kevin hisses out in his ear, slowly pulling the pistol away as the guard growls out, pulling out his pistol and firing at Kevin.

Kevin ducks down as the bullets hit the wall behind him, penetrating and cracking the plaster. Howie dodges down and crawls on his hands and knees to gather his clothes as he races behind the office desk to avoid the bullets propelling in the air.

Brian leaps to the floor, reaching a black gun lying in front of him. He gulps and looks up to see Vincent reloading his own pistol and putting it away, taking a seat to watch the fight.

Brian grabs the gun on the floor in time to see Kevin on his knees as the two guards approach him each with their pistol’s drawn. Lifting the pistol in his hands, he aims and fires blindly at one of the guards, hoping that somehow he could save his cousin from dying in cold blood.

The room seemed to have gone deathly quiet as Kevin looks to one of the guards, the one that had randomly begin shooting at him. The guard snorts, sniffing gently before passing a hand down his drooping stomach. Howie peers out from the corner of the desk he was hiding behind to see the guard’s hands covered in his own blood.

Kevin looks over at Brian, gulping, grateful for his cousin’s intervention. The guard raises his bloody hand to his face as he glares at Kevin and then at Brian. “You little fu…” The guard dribbles out as his blood stained the floor below him, quickly spreading.

The other guard backs away scared senseless as he too watches the events unfold. The shot guard gulps at Vincent and picks up his pistol firing at Brian, but missing inches from Brian’s head as the speeding bullet slams centimeters next to him. Brian yelps in surprise, ducking as he breathes out a sigh of relief to see the bullet in the wall. Gasping, the guard slumps down to the floor dead, the blood pouring out like a small river bed as his pistol clatters out of his dead paling hands.

Vincent chuckles: clapping his hands at the results with a sigh. “Well. That was a treat. I wasn’t expecting to be entertained today. But I’m glad I was.” He turns his head to look at Brian with a smile. “And you. Who would have thought you could shoot a man down so fast without a conscious thought about it? Perhaps you are more than what I imagined you can be.” He smiles, steadily rising from his velvet white Victorian chair. “Well done.” He offers a quick nod to Brian and locks his eyes on Kevin.

“As for you. You shall be rewarded for taking orders. I’m allowing you one day of freedom. An entire day away from here where you can see what the outside world has. However…” Vincent smirks, seeing Brian and Howie stand up. “Kevin, there are rules to this little outing of yours.”

“If you speak of this gang or anything about it…” Vincent smiles: taking a picture of a flaxen hair beauty. “Then this lovely lady will suffer the consequences. Such a pretty wife you have Kevin. Wonder if she can scream loudly when she’s shot?” Vincent threatens, waving the photo before him.

Kevin gulps slowly, blinking back tears.

“So it’s understood then?” Vincent asks bluntly.

“Yes.” Kevin responds.

Vincent walks over to Kevin, leaning over him, patting the man’s right cheek. “Good to know. Now if you excuse me. My guard has to clean out the trash. Kevin, you come later for more details regarding your little outing that will soon take place ok?”

Kevin quickly nods, glancing over at Howie who was slipping his jeans back on.

“Very well. And as for you Brian, I must say I’m quite impressed at your shooting. Family must be vital to you I see. Well let’s just see how that can come in useful for future references shall we?” Vincent smiles, taking a seat in his office chair as the remaining guard drags out the dead corpse by the arms, his feet dragging along with each pull.

Kevin steps out of the office as Brian and Howie were told to remain. Quickly hurrying to a dingy bathroom down the hallway, Kevin kicks up a broken toilet seat as he begins gagging, the scent of blood following him as he leans over the seat, regurgitating the contents from his earlier meal.
~*~

Coral opens her eyes, sitting up in bed to find she was alone. The man that brought her here: Nick, seemed to have already gotten up. Hearing the shower running, Coral gets up from the bed steadily, slowly fixing the tangled white covers around her. She winces in pain when she touches her head, realizing she had an extreme hangover that almost knocked the wind out of her. Gasping, she realized her dreadful mistake last night. She had confessed to the man she was a detective. “Damn the liquor.” She grumbles, dizzily holding her head as she stumbles over to a dresser, hitting her knee against it along the way.

“Owwww…Ah hell. This is turning out to be worse than I thought.” She whispers, holding her stomach. “I knew I shouldn’t have taken that shot last night.” She leans against the mahogany dresser steadily, holding herself up enough before she would pass out. The bathroom door behind her opens up as a freshly clean Nick steps out gasping.

“What the hell? Who are you?” Nick growls out, stepping out of the threshold, gazing at her intensely.

“What? It’s me Connie from last night at the club.” Coral whispers out, coughing finally feeling the effects of her drinking last night.

Nick shakes his head dizzily and smirks, “Ohhhh…right, right…really? Damn I must have been so screwed up last night to remember you. Did we screw last night cause I can’t remember that?”

Coral withholds a nasty comment and shakes her head, “No. No we didn’t.” Coral should have realized why the man was so open to her last night: she had taken that in stride believing he was crying out for help. Maybe he was, but he chooses not to remember. Whatever the case, she was hoping he couldn’t remember her words: if word got out that she was a detective, she could run the risk of losing this case once and for all.

“Ohhh ok. Why did I bring you here then?” Nick smiles, his sapphire orbs glitter mischievously as he approaches her, leaning over her as the sweet smell of soap and aftershave surrounded her.

Coral shrugs, “Guess you wanted company.”

“Ohhh…well company since you’re here, why don’t you do something for me?” He huskily whispers out, pressing against her as she smirks.

“Depends on what that is.”

“Ummmm…why don’t you take off your clothes since that’s what you’re here for?” Nick smirks.

Coral raises her eyebrows at the man, rolling her eyes. “Uh no. How about not?”

Nick frowns, backing away from her: “Excuse me? Who the hell do you think are staying over here and denying my request? If I said something, be a nice lady and do it.”

Coral didn’t like the sudden attitude change in the man, perhaps the killing he performed last night harden his heart and he was lashing out at the first victim he found which had to be her. That or maybe the liquor he took last night made him innocent and weak.

“You don’t remember anything from last night Nick?”

He snorts, shaking his head: “What? Was I supposed to?”

She exhales annoyed, “Never mind. Look, if you’ll excuse me, I got to go to the bathroom.”

“Fine. But when you’re done, I’m expecting something out of this whole little visitation.” Nick smiles, as Coral grumbles rushing into the bathroom and locking the door.

“Well that was complete attitude change right there.” Coral grumbles, undressing as she steps into the shower.
~*~

Arianna giggles, slowly opening her eyes to see the handsome carved tattooed man’s arm wrapped around her waist tightly. Smiling, she gently sits up careful not to wake the man up. All in all she enjoyed talking with A.J. last night and the entire thing was platonic. She realized he was a sweet man stuck in a world that demanded and planned on making him a force to be reckoned with. Sliding out of the bed, she watches his tan arm, slide off her stomach as he curls and shuffles himself in bed. She had to admit he was highly attractive and if she wasn’t with Howie she would be tempted to run her fingers through that man’s hair and get in his embrace. But she resisted herself the sudden thought and quietly heads for the bathroom to clean up.

“Where you going?” A.J. whispers out, his soft smile appearing gently across his tan face.

“Bathroom, want me to bring you back something?” She smirks, leaning on the threshold.

A.J. sits up, leaning on his elbow as he licks his lips: “You’re funny. As long as it looks as beautiful as you Ana, then I don’t mind.”

Arianna giggles and heads into the bathroom to change quickly, taking a shower along the way.

A.J. sits up as he hears a small knock on the door. “Yo come in.”

The door swings open and Nick steps through it curiously: “Is it safe?” He teases, locking the door behind him.

A.J. laughs: getting up from the bed, stretching. “Yeah, it’s all good here. The girl is in the bathroom.”

Nick smirks, “Oh aight. Hey…ummm…do you have anything that can kill a hangover?”

A.J. laughs, “You should have watched all that you drank last night. But you were chatting it up with miss Connie.”

“Ohh yeah, her…Dude, I can’t remember picking her up.” Nick smiles, groggily stepping into the room.

A.J. laughs, “Yeah I noticed. Man you got wasted fast.”

“Shhhhh… you laugh loud.” Nick cringes, smirking as A.J. pokes his friend on the shoulder.

“Quiet you. I don’t think I have anything. I mean I have what you have in your room. Besides the basic essentials, I think that’s all that was supplied to each of us.”

Nick groans out, “Uhhh, this sucks. My head is killing me. I can’t remember what I did or said let alone what happened with the chick.”

A.J. nibbles on his lip, trying to control the sudden urge to laugh out, “Well let’s hope you didn’t screw up on anything else.”

“I don’t know if I did.”

“Knowing you, you probably did.” A.J. smirks, slumping into a seat, sighing calmly as Nick stumbles into a black furry sofa across from him.

“Man shut it.” Nick leans his head back, rubbing his eyes wearily as the sleep and alcohol nagged at him.

“Shouldn’t you be getting back to your room. I mean don’t you have company?”

“Yeah I do, but I feel like complete sh…” He stops mid-sentence as the bathroom door opens to see a beautiful golden haired beauty step out of it. Nick smirks, glancing over at A.J. “Well…hehe, I guess you do have plans. You know what, if you have any painkillers just drop them off. I see you’ll be busy.”

A.J. snorts chuckling: “I’ll see if I can find any and you’re thinking the wrong thoughts man.”

“Sure, sure. Call it whatever you want.” Nick struggles to stand up as a wave of nausea hits him. Clutching his stomach, he groans out.

A.J. raises his eyebrows, “You got five minutes to make it to your bathroom before it comes up.”

Nick forces a weak smile as he waves at Arianna, bolting out of the room back to his.

Arianna smiles, gazing at the fair headed man exiting the room: “That friend of yours looks a funny guy.”

“Funny looking or funny to talk to?” A.J. smiles, clasping his hands together across his chest.

Arianna smirks, adjusting the blue jersey she slept in. “You make the call then. Ohhh just a quick question: He was with my friend last night correct?”

A.J. nods, sitting up. “Sure was. Why?”

“Oh just wanted to know that’s all. Where is she staying at the moment?” Arianna combs out her wet hair with her fingers, placing her towel over her shoulders, across her back.

A.J. grins, standing up: “You wanna see her?”

“Ok, cool.”

“Aight, you get ready then and let Nick know, I’m sure Connie is getting dressed or something.”

“Ahh ok cool thanks.”

A.J. just nods, exiting the room, leaving Arianna alone to quickly dress in the attire she wore from last night.
~*~

Nick opens his door as A.J. smirks, poking his head into the room: “So she ready or what?”

“Where is she going?” Coral smirks, appearing behind Nick fully dressed in that black alluring dress from last night’s club outing.

“You and him heading out to the café with me and your friend Ana.” A.J. smiles, his eyes trailing over Coral’s figure with interest.

“Hmmm… sounds like a plan. You heard that Nick.” She purrs into his ear as he smiles.

“K, so let’s go then.” Nick smirks, taking Coral by the hand as they follow A.J. back to his room to pick up Arianna.

After getting the woman, the four of them take a shaft elevator down to the small diner located in the lower levels of the building.

A.J. smirks, gazing at Nick whispering something into Coral’s ear sweetly as she laughs. He feels the soft touch of Arianna’s hand on his arm as slowly gazes at her: “What?”

“Nothing. You just looked like you enjoying thinking about something.” She whispers gently, flipping back a lock of golden hair.

“Oh. Just glad to see your friend is doing better with Nick then she was last night.” He teases, seeing Coral smirk at his direction.

They walk into the crowded breakfast hall that belonged to the now vacant building the gang took over. “This is a self serve place by the way girls. Just to let you know. So you can take what you like from here.”

“And…its all you can eat, so you go ahead and take as much as you want.” Nick smirks, eyeing Coral.

Coral nods, raising her eyebrows: “So I take it we’re ok now then right Nick?”

Nick shrugs, “Yeah I guess. Why?”

“Oh nothing. Just thought you were interested in something else.”

Nick smirks, “Well the day just began and you’re right, I thought I was going to get something out of this as well. But I don’t do that to chicks, unless you prostitute or something that I didn’t know about.”

Coral rolls her eyes: “Trust me no where near that.”

Nick smiles, patting her lower back: “Aight. Well me and A.J. is gonna get a table. See ya there k?”

Coral nods and sighs, watching the two men make their way to the back of the small bustling café. She hears Arianna’s voice in her ear: “Even the chefs are gang members, check it out. We’re surrounded by hotties everywhere. Man I must have died and entered Heaven with all these fine looking men around me.”

Coral laughs, turning to see her friend as they embrace. “Are you ok?”

Arianna smirks: “Of course. You?”

“Messed up.”

“Why?” Arianna states as they walk over to a food counter taking some Styrofoam plates for her and Coral.

“God Ari! Why didn’t you tell me I was so out of it last night?!”

Arianna smiles, “Well you look like you were having fun, I didn’t want to bust your bubble.”

“Yeah well I wish you did.”

Arianna stops before a tray full of eggs and toast, raising her eyebrows: “Ohhhhh, what happened girl?”

Coral licks her lips, gazing over at A.J. and Nick at the far end of the room: “I squealed last night about my identity.” She whispers, seeing Arianna freeze in the middle of pouring maple syrup over her pancakes.

“Say what?” Arianna hisses out: her eyes getting wide with the thought.

“You heard me. I was so drunk off my behind last night, I told the guy what I do for a living.” Coral gazes at her plate full of eggs and sausages, ashamed to look back up at her partner.

“Dear Lord please tell me this is a joke! Coral you can’t be serious! You wouldn’t do this now would you?!” Arianna hisses out quietly.

Coral sighs, “How I wish I joking. Look the guy was out of it as well and told me some stuff I think you should about. I wrote it in the journal given to me from my chief back from New York.”

Arianna nods, “Oh yeah the journal. So wait does that Nick guy remember anything then?”

Coral glances at the men and smirks, shaking her head. “No…at least not to my knowledge. Hell he didn’t even know who I was this morning when he came out of the bathroom in his room.”

Arianna laughs, “I bet. So wait you guys didn’t do anything then right?”

“I’ll show you the journal entry: it has the details about him. I can’t do much talking here if you know what I mean.” Coral whispers back over the loud murmurs of the large crowd of men and women gathered at the diner.

Arianna smirks, filling her plate up as Coral does the same, both making their way back to the men waiting in the back table.

“You lucky blondie was out of it. Cause then you would have some serious explaining to do if he remembered.” Arianna pokes Coral in the ribs as she waves at the two men.

“Tell me about it. That or we be out of the case.” Coral snorts, waving at the two men as they find a seat besides Nick and A.J.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Blood Line by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Blood Line~**

She giggles as Nick finishes a joke. “Yeah, I thought you would find that funny. You know the last time that happened to me was like two days ago too.” Nick smirks, gently bumping Coral on the hip.

Coral smiles, eyeing the man besides her, they had just finished eating breakfast and where were all heading out of the café when Coral hears a loud yell. Both Nick and Coral turn around to see a large overgrown overweight scruffy man grab Arianna by the arm.

“You heard what I said! Get your filthy hands off me!” Arianna hisses out, yanking her arm away from the man.

A.J. narrows his eyes angrily at the man, swiping his hand across the man’s arm, knocking it off. “Hey listen to the lady. She said back off before, stop touching her.”

Arianna glares heartily at the large man who rumbles out a drunken laugh, suddenly swinging at A.J. but accidentally strikes Arianna across her face, knocking her down on the floor.

Coral gasps out as she runs to her friend as a small crowd of onlookers began cheering the man. “Rufus! Rufus, Rufus!” The cheers rang out in the stuffy room as Coral bends down to the dirty tiles, gently helping Arianna stand up.

Arianna touches her cheek gingerly, wincing in pain at the streak of blood that trailed down her face. A.J. glares at the man named Rufus that seemed to want to start trouble.

“A.J. stop! Don’t do it!” Nick calls out worriedly, knowing fully well that Rufus man can easily overpower A.J.

A.J. spits at Rufus’s face, watching the clear white saliva slide down the burly man’s cheek.

Arianna gulps, moving past Coral to reach A.J. “I’m fine. Let’s just leave this place.”

A.J. smirks, “Na, he ain’t getting away with hitting a lady.”

Coral gulps, “A.J. listen to her, let’s forgot this. You could get seriously hurt.”

“Hell NO! I ain’t going no where ‘till that bastard get what he deserves!” A.J. growls out causing Nick to gasp.

“Yo A.J. man, let’s walk away while we still can.” Nick whispers out as the rowdy crowd quieted down suddenly when Rufus steps up to A.J., the spit dripping down off his cheek landing squarely on the floor.

“You on gone done it you little…” Rufus growls out, quickly swinging at A.J. who ducks and instead slams his heavy fist at Coral, sending her to fly backwards painfully.

“COR…CONNIE!” Arianna yells out, running over to Coral who seemed dizzy as a small trial of blood begins to drip down from her temple. “Oh God…Oh hell no. This isn’t happening now. I’m gonna get him for you girl.”

Coral begins to tremble, tears spilling down her cheeks as she cries out in utter pain. The punch was thrown with such an intense force that left Coral gasping for air as she desperately tries to sit up. Arianna sniffs, holding back her tears as she glares over at the man Rufus rooting and cheering.

“I’m gonna get him for you and me.” Arianna whispers out, reaching for a nearby table to grab a small knife.

Coral winces, shaking her head, “Don’t do it.”

“He’s just gonna feel some pain back. That’s all.”

“Ari…” She whispers out, “Don’t you start now. He looks like a bully. You can’t take him down, look at his size.”

Arianna smiles, “Well help me and we’ll take him down together. Come on Coral, you know he deserves it as much you think it!” She whispers out to her friend over the loud commotion that erupted in the café.

Coral sniffs, taking Arianna’s hand as she stands up, looking at Rufus’s bulging biceps through the ripped black t-shirt.

A.J. leaps at the man suddenly as he quickly thrown off with ease. Nick rushes over to his friend, picking him up as he drags him away.

“Stop being so stupid J! You wanna get killed?!” Nick shouts out, holding A.J. back with a struggle who wants to attack the man again.

“Let me the fu…” A.J. stops stunned as he watches Arianna and Coral make their way back to Rufus.

Arianna narrows her eyes and without thinking, pulls out the knife and skillfully slices it across Rufus’s throat before the man realized what had occurred. Rufus looks at her and growls as he feels the crimson blood slowly leak down his open wound.

Coral glares at the man and finds a metal fork, using the sharp spiked part plunges it into the man’s left eye.

Rufus curses a storm at the sudden attack, swinging wildly as the two women back away and tumble on the floor from some others gang members who begin to surround them and pull out blades and daggers, shoving it at them. Coral gasps, crawling away as she feels her ankles are grabbed, slamming her to the floor chest first. She groans out in pain as she feels herself being dragged. She propels her hands, digging her nails on the tiles as she is slowly dragged. She could hear the laughter around her as she glances over Arianna who was slammed on her back, her clothes getting torn off her.

Arianna screams out, swinging her hands in the air as Nick and A.J. try to push their way into the crowd to get the women out.

“MOVE! GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!” A.J. yells out, busting through the crowd along side Nick.

Rufus gags as a tiny river of blood floods from his face. He pulls out the metal fork out of his eye and with the one good eye watches in sickening horror at the fork in his hands. The fork held the other dark pupil, sitting numbly on the fork’s spikes.

The group of people in the gang café back away in disgust as Rufus glazes over at the two women who were beginning to get attacked by some of the perverted men in the surrounding circle.

A.J. slams the man that straddled Arianna on the floor forcefully as Arianna cries out and crawls away, tears striking her light sapphire emerald orbs. A.J. was tackled to the floor as Rufus steps over to him yelling in pain. Raising a foot to stomp on A.J., Rufus snorts eager to rid the man.

Arianna picks up another metal knife scattered across the café’s floor as she swings the item, letting it hit dead center in the man’s forehead. Rufus’s mouth drops open as he groans, touching the plunged knife. He looks over at Arianna as a tiny river of dark blood breaks from the forehead wound. Pointing at her, he groans out in pain as Arianna in a fury of anger, yells and pulls out the knife from the man’s forehead, striking him over and over again in the chest as his flesh breaks open with each hit. She digs the knife into the man’s chest one last time as he keels over dead, landing on his back as A.J. breaks away from another’s man’s grasp. He stands up and gasps, gazing at Arianna’s action.

“An...Ana…you just stabbed him to death.” A.J. worriedly whispers out in horror.

Arianna gulps, nodding her head, staring at her bloodied hands: “I don’t know what came over me. He, he was asking for it though. God he was asking for it!” She cries out, looking around at the circle of people watching her.

A.J. steps to her, gently taking her hand as she begins silently crying, the quiet tears running down calmly down her cheeks.

Coral tries to scream as another man covers her mouth, striking her across her face as he straddles her. Nick breaks into the circle of men and kicks the man off her as she breaks into tears when another man grabs her dark locks, yanking on it as she is pulled away to him. Nick pushes the man into a chair, lifting another chair and slamming it on the man. The man caught in surprise, releases Coral’s strands immediately as he cries out, crashing and flipping off a chair onto his back. The man growls as he begins bleeding from the nose and mouth, standing up to glares at Nick.

“Check this sh…” The man pauses as he looks down to see a wooden leg from a chair penetrate his abdomen. He gasps, his eyes scroll over to see Coral’s hands slide off the wooden leg as she struggles to stand up with Nick’s help.

The man moans out as he drops dead, falling on his back.

Coral gasps, “Oh God…he’s dead...I didn’t think he was…” She murmurs out in fright. Nick gulps and embraces the woman as they exhale watching the group disperse the café.

A.J. gulps, looking over at Nick as he shakes his head. “Yo…we, we gotta get the hell out of here!”

Arianna gulps, rushing over to Coral who seemed in shock by the entire thing. “Coral?” She whispers out to her, a stream of blood cover her cheek.

“What?”

“I think we just found a way to stay here for good.” Arianna smiles, glancing around the deserted room as A.J. and Nick grumble and whisper to themselves about something.

“I think we’re getting kicked out.” Coral whispers, gulping, slumping into a chair, covering her head with her hands.
~*~

Vincent sighs, settling back in his office chair, gazing at the surveillance camera in distaste. He glances back at Brian who was curled in a seat shivering in fright.

Smiling, he sits up looking at Brian. “I’m glad you came when I called you to my office this morning. I have a question. Do you see what your friends just did? I’m assuming you know those two women that killed off two of my best members, correct?”

Brian gulps, settling his legs back on the stained carpet. “They were two of the women picked up from the club.”

“Hmmmm…well they sure know how to defend themselves.” He smirks, glancing over at Kevin who seemed lost in thought, his eyes locked on the surveillance camera, watching the fighting replay again.

“Kevin, what do you think I should do to those two women?” Vincent asks, smirking.

Kevin gulps, looking over at him. “Not sure. Maybe keep them?”

Vincent snorts: “How funny…seriously though.”

“I am serious. They killed two of the top members off with no ease. These women are more than just your average ladies.” Kevin traces his fingers over the glass screen, watching the fighting in slow motion.

“Are you implying that because they wiped the floor clean with the two men that we should consider women in the gang?” Vincent sits up, the chair creaking with his movement: interest flooding his eyes.

“Well just those two perhaps. Imagine the surprise when an attack comes along and the women are there to defend and catch our enemies. Vincent, maybe you haven’t considered the factor of the world drug trade. Mafias from all over the world come here to get the best and if they see the wonders the two women did here, how funny would it be. They can slip in and out certain areas without drawing attention. Women are less likely to be chased after by the cops when the trading is done. Think of the possibilities in that Vin.”

Vincent smiles: glancing down at Brian: “Brian, what do you think of the prospect of us taking those two women in for the time being?”

He gulps, “He has a point sir.”

“I’m sure he does. Kevin bring me the man you caught yesterday. Brian, I want you to help set up the initiation for tonight.” Vincent orders: waving the men out of his office as they set about to do their given jobs.
~*~

He gazes at the cracking white cement ceiling as the sound of a fly buzzing around, hums near his ear. Swatting the fly away from him, he sighs, slumping further back in the dirty bunk bed, bored out of his mind. Gulping, he hears a sound of footsteps approach the small closed in room he was being kept in. The door jiggles as the knob turns, the lock clicking open as Kevin steps into the room.

Howie sits up in the bed, glancing over at him. “Glad to see you remembered me. I thought I was gonna be left here to rot.”

Kevin silently enters the room, sighing deeply. “Why…why did you come here?”

“I told you the answer already.”

“I know. I just don’t see how it’s gonna happen.” Exhaling, he gazes over at Howie: “I have to take you to see Vin. He’s preparing your initiation as we speak.”

“Wonderful.” Howie mutters out, sighing as he gets up from the bed.

“Come on. The faster this is over with, the faster I can go back to my room and drink away this misery.” Kevin grumbles, leaning on the threshold as Howie exits the room behind Kevin.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
His Line of Duty by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~His Line of Duty~**

A.J. steps over the splintered wood from the thrown chairs in the café as he leads the way out of the place. Looking back at the two women and Nick, he sighs reaching the grated elevator.

Nick blows out a rush of air, wearily gazing around the dimly lit cement hallway. “So ummm…J, what do you think will happen to us?”

A.J. shrugs, “Got no clue man.” They all turn at the sound of a rifle clicking into place as a tall broad shoulder dark skinned man approached them.

“Where do you think you’re all going? After all that mess you did back there, you didn’t think you could all just walk away from it now do you?” The man growls out: his extremely pearly white teeth shone and stood out apart from the rest of him.

“Well I was kinda hoping yeah.” A.J. retorts sarcastically, leaning against the wall behind him.

The guard snorts and cocks his head to the side: “You ordered to see Vin now.”

Nick gulps: “No, wait…hold on now. You saw what happened back there. We were just defending ourselves.”

The guard snorts, locking eyes on the two women. “I meant, the two women.”

Arianna raises her eyebrows at him, gazing back at Coral who shakes her head.

“Ummm…look I know what we did back there was extreme but…” Coral pauses as the guard raises his rifle at her.

“I don’t wanna hear it. Save it for the boss.” The man states, his dark eyes tracing over Coral’s figure.

Arianna rolls her eyes, biting back a nasty remark as she straightens up. She could feel a trail of her blood roll down her neck from the wound in her cheek. Wiping it away with a brush of her fingers, she gazes at the guard. “So we’re to follow you. What about the guys?” She indicts to A.J. and Nick.

“They are not the ones asked to be seen. They can go back to their rooms for now until further directions will be ordered out.” The guard frowns, holding the strapped rifle across his chest.

A.J. drops his head and turns to see the elevator shaft arrive. Pulling on the black gated door, he steps into the elevator along with Nick who shifts his eyes to Coral.

“I’m, I’m sorry that had to happen back there.” He whispers out to her.

Coral with her back turned to him, facing the guard: “It’s alright. It wasn’t your fault.” And she follows the guard leading her down the hallway.

Arianna turns back to A.J. and smiles sadly: “If you don’t hear from me later on, just dial 1-888-Sexygirl, I’ll pick up.” She jokes, waving bye to the two men, catching up to Coral and the guard down the hallway.

“Great. This is wonderful.” A.J. snorts, closing the black gate so the elevator platform can raise taking them to their floor.

“Ummm…A.J. you don’t think those girls are in deep trouble that they had to see the leader now do ya?” Nick asks gently, slumping against the metal wall of the elevator.

“They might be. The leader asked to see them its for some serious thing then.”

“But they’re innocent right?” Nick blurts out.

A.J. smirks: “I thought you didn’t like Connie.”

“She kinda grew on me. Plus she’s really nice and stuff.” Nick licks his lips as A.J. chuckles.

“Right man, whatever you say.” A.J. grins, watching the floors pass them through the grated gated elevator door.
~*~

Brian sighs, carrying a few boxes into a completely silver tiled metal room, placing them quietly in the floor. He straightens up, squinting at the harsh yellow florescent lights beaming down on him from above. Grumbling under his breath, he pulls out of the one of boxes, a rope noose and a blade. ‘Wonderful, the guy gotta hang a person and kill him.’ His thoughts racing through his mind as he pulls on a large step ladder to the center of the room.

Ascending slowly, he reaches the sixth step and extends his arms to the ceiling. Touching the blank ceiling with his fingertips, he gulps pinning the rope quickly to it before looking back down. He didn’t realize how high up he was on the ladder and he began panicking. “Its ok…I can go back down the steps.” He whispers to himself, gripping tightly to the step above him. Feeling faint, he closes his eyes as his breathing begins to increase. Heaving, he gulps and gazes up at the ceiling, feeling his legs wobble on the ladder step. “God, no not now. I can’t freak out now.” He hated being so far up, the fear of heights never left him and now more than ever he wished he wasn’t so terrified of it. The silver metal floor meters below him, taunt him, glimmering under the harsh lights coming from above.

His eyes scroll above him as the strong lights almost blind him for a moment, causing him to gasp and wobble on the step. Gripping on the edge of the metal ladder, he shuts his eyes tightly, slowly extending his foot down to the next step. He doesn’t feel the next step coming down as he squints from the strong lights coming down on him. Gasping, he tries to look down but to his dismay sees that his foot was hanging off the side of the ladder rather than the step. He tries to adjust himself but the ladder shakes violently under the sudden movement.

Brian frowns, “This isn’t gonna end good.” As a wash of fear clambered his chest. He feels faint and before he knew what was happening, he blacks out.
~*~

Kevin leads Howie down the dark hallway, their footsteps echo in the shadows of the place. Kevin shines his flashlight down the hallway as they slowly make their way down the place.

“What do I have to do?” Howie whispers softly, crashing into Kevin’s back accidentally.

Kevin smirks, taking Howie by the arm, guiding the man down another vast hallway. “There’s some stairwells down this side. You’ll get directions shortly from the leader.”

Howie simply nods: “I have to kill don’t I?”

“Yes.” He curtly responds.

“Why?”

“Because it shows off the concept of blood brothers. Rather than sharing one owns blood with each other, you share the killing of people, the blood from them creating a mutual bond with the entire Eclipses.”

“That is sick. Who came up with that idea?”

Kevin gazes at him and smiles: “I did.”

“What?!”

Kevin sighs, reaching a stairwell, shining the golden orb of light in front of him: “That was the better option, normally before that rule, the initiation was to kill off a innocent person outside this place and cold blood. It could be anyone: A mother, a child, a policeman. Whatever was assigned for the person to take out. At least this way now, the people that suffer are those within the own gang.”

“Killing each other…that’s a concept.” Howie murmurs out, touching the cold black railing going down the stairs behind Kevin.

“It’s better this and what was ruled before. I helped save tons of lives out there. If that concept never came through, who knows, I might have killed off my own mother by forced if that was way it was designed.”

“But you wouldn’t do it.” Howie whispers, clambering down the stairs.

“No, you’re right. I wouldn’t. But I be dead as well.” Kevin whispers, guiding them down another stairwell. They quickly go down, reaching another hallway with poor dimming lights.

“Since you were captured after yesterday’s own initiation day, you’re will be a smaller one. Only the leader and few guards will there to witness your blood pact with the group.”

“And will you be there?” Howie retorts.

“Doubt it. Depends on how Vin feels.” Kevin glumly states, opening a door to his left side. They step in to find Brian barely conscious crumpled on the floor before them.

“Damn, that had to hurt.” Kevin mutters out, going over to see the condition of the man.
~*~

He clears his throat as the door swings open. Smiling, he gazes upon the two beauties that entered his office. Kicking up his feet on the top of his desk, his eyes capture both shots of the women, each unique in their own way. His eyes lingered over the brunette longer than he thought as he hears the guard clearing his throat.

“Yes Quentin?” Vincent responds, “What is it?”

“Do you want to be left alone with the women?” The guard asks kindly.

“Yes please. I can handle this myself. I’ll call you when I’m ready. You’re excused to go now.”

“Yes sir. Thank you.” Quentin nods, heavily stepping out of the room, shutting the office door behind him.

Vincent smiles: taking his legs off the desk as he leans and claps his hands together on the desk. “Where do I even begin…?”

Arianna snorts: “You can start by saying hello. Rudeness is shown through one’s actions.”

Coral smirks at her partner’s comment as she pokes her in the ribs with her elbow.

“Quite a mouth for a little girl.” Vincent’s deep bass voice radiates the room.

“I was trained to be open and speak what’s on my mind.” Arianna smirks, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Well yes, I can see that.” He casts a cold stare at the flaxen beauty. “Why don’t you both take a seat, relax your minds so we can talk.”

Coral rolls her eyes: “I prefer standing up. If you want to tell us something if would be imperative you just tell us now.”

“My, my. Aren’t you two the rudest little girls I’ve seen yet. Is this the kind of women left out there in this society? No wonder the men just slept around with your type.”

Coral gasps, anger flooding into her from the comment as Arianna smirks, ignoring the man all together.

“There is a reason we are the way we are. I personally can’t stand a pathetic man and that’s all I’ve been seeing lately. Maybe you should tell your men how to act around women cause that little display back there at the café goes to show none of them have any matters.” Arianna calmly states, delicately taking a seat as she tugs on her torn halter top, grumbling something incoherent.

Vincent smirks, glancing over to Coral: “And do you have anything else to add to that?”

Coral smirks, taking the other seat besides Arianna: “Nope, she pretty much said it all.”

Vincent leans on the desk, eying the women cautiously. “Perhaps you know why I called you here correct?”

“Gee…let’s see… could it be what just happened at the café?” Arianna smirks.

Vincent nods: “It could be, though your attitude could be another reason now.”

“Yeah well. I don’t limit my self to anyone. Even if you are the leader.” Arianna gazes at the handsome toned man.

Vincent gazes over at Coral: “Maybe I should talk to you. You seem more complement than your friend here.”

Coral glances over at her and smiles. “Maybe I am.”

“Yeah well. Here’s the thing. What you girls just did is completely against the rules of this. I don’t know where you both came from, nor do I care. But from what I’ve seen in there with the killings, you both know how to defend yourselves pretty well. So here’s my offer. You two will be working for me.” Vincent stares boldly at the women.

Arianna raises her eyebrows, smirking at Coral

Coral clears her throat: “Ummmm… what do you mean working for you?”

“This gang is an all male gang. I started this gang for a main reason, no women. You women distract us in many ways and jobs become to weak and unfiltered. I wanted something solid that the men would have no excuse of. Sooo…after much consideration, I want to take you two under my wings. Your fighting tactics impressed me greatly back there. You’re lucky one of the guys I talked with mentioned a good option for your reason to live. If you can manage to prove yourself on a delivery I have to make, then I’ll take you in. If not, I don’t mind killing two pretty victims. I have no conscious.” Vincent manically smiles.

“Well that’s always comforting.” Arianna fakes a smile, biting back a few harsh words.

“You said delivery…what do we have to do?” Coral whispers.

Vincent laughs, clapping his hands: “That’s the attitude I’m looking for. But before we can begin I’ll need to know your names.”

Arianna flips a golden strand behind her shoulder, “Ana.”

Coral slumps back in her seat, clicking her tongue: “Connie.”

“Well girls. Hopefully if you do this delivery right, you might live and be part of this group. You’ll both be undercover. I can’t have the other men know that I actually bothered taking in women. This would cause chaos in the entire system. So you will need to change out of those clothes you’re wearing.” Vincent states.

Coral sighs, “Easier said then done. This is the only thing we have, unless you want us to do a delivery naked?”

“Now you’re turning into a little cocky son of a…” Vincent stops, smirking. “I have some outfits you can wear during the delivery. You will be watched at all times and even recorded.” Vincent smirks, snapping his fingers loudly to two guards standing outside of the office. They enter and nod their heads, each grabbing one of the women over to a closet with military clothes hung in. The guards each pull out a pair of green and black military pants and tank top, small enough to fit the women comfortably.

Arianna yawns, sighing, whispering in Coral’s ear: “See we’re gonna get in. Hehe.”

Coral gulps: “But we had to kill get in.”

“No. We defended ourselves, cause no one there would have helped us anyway.” Arianna reminds her partner.

Sighing, Coral takes the attire thrown at her and heads to the bathroom that was indicted for them to change.

“The less you both show, the more serious you’ll be taken in my world.” Vincent booms out as the guards exit the office.

Arianna grumbles under her breath as she enters the bathroom behind Coral. “This’ll be fun.” They head over to a poorly drained white porcelain sink, washing the remnants of blood that smeared their faces from the recent wounds.

“Tell me about it.” Coral murmurs, sliding the black dress off and stepping into military pants. Sliding an army tank top over her head, she wraps her dark hair up, pinning it as she places a cap over her head. “Well do I like more manly now?”

Arianna smirks, wrapping her golden locks up as she shoves a cap over her head, slipping on an army tank top and taking off her mini-skirt to put on the military pants. “Yeah all we’re missing now is a nice piece of meat hanging between our legs to make it official.”

Choking on a laugh, Coral bowls over laughing: “Oh God…shhhh…”

A knock on the door was heard as Vincent’s voice breaks the mood: “I left some footwear outside of the room. You have thirty seconds left, so get ready to come out.”

“Great, he’s rushing us now.” Coral murmurs as they gather their clothes and exit the room.
~*~

Vincent paces the floor: a gleeful smirk remained on his face as he eyes the women. “If this is to work, all you both have to do is deliver this package right here.” He hands Coral a wrapped medium size rectangular shaped cardboard box, fixing the written address on it.

“What’s in it?” Arianna asks, gazes over at the package.

“Something.” The man smirks, pulling out two tiny wires attached with a metal vocal box the size of a raison. “Now both of you will be wired up. Don’t think I was gonna let you off this easy. I need to know what is being said at all times. When you’re dropped off at the location destined, you are to simply walk to the entrance where a guard will be located. Simply tell the man ‘Pan’ and he’ll let you in. Take the package to the room directed and given to you and leave it at the foot of an oak door found straight in front of you. Then you are to knock on the door four times, once on each corner of the door. When that is done, a password will be asked: tell them ‘Lucky’s fate’ and walk away. Leave the place and meet me back here once you completed the task. That should all be done by the end of this hour in time for me to concentrate on an initiation about to take place.” Vincent smirks, ushering the women out of his office immediately.

The women were quickly led by the two guards to a black unmarked van.

“Wait for your driver. He’s on his way.” One of the guard’s mentions: waiting aside in the underground parking lot that was close to destruction in its poor condition.

Arianna rubs her wounded cheek, wincing at the cut on her cheek. “So we’re miked, testing…testing…are we on or what?”

Coral eyes her, raising her eyebrows as they slump against the side of the van, gazing at the package.

“What the hell could be in there?” Arianna whispers out.

“Looks like either drugs or weapons.”

“Whoa, what if it’s that Pandora stuff?”

“You don’t think that could be now could you?” Coral whispers out, watching A.J. being dragged out against his orders towards the van.

The women gaze over at him as he is lead to the van not noticing the women at first. The guards slide open the side the van: quickly telling the women to board. Arianna sighs: leaping up on the small ledge to board the van as Coral quickly follows behind. Once the women were in the van, the side door is quickly slid closed and locked behind them.

Coral gazes around the dark interior of the vehicle, the overwhelming odor of dried blood and aesthetics filled the atmosphere as Arianna gags and begins to cough. Blindly they find a seat installed in the van as they plop down, sitting and waiting.

“God, this place smells like complete…” Arianna stops mid-sentence to see the driver’s side door fling open as A.J. boards the vehicle.

Cursing under his breath, A.J. slides into the seat, turning the ignition on as the passenger side door opens.

The women watch curiously as Nick is shoved into the seat by one of the guards:

“What the hell man?! Chill man.” Nick hisses out, closing the door behind him as he leans in the seat.

“A.J. what the hell is going on?” Nick grumbles out

“Ha, that’s what I’ve trying to figure out. Seems that bastard Vin wants us to drop off some guys to do some delivering.” A.J. cracks his neck, sighing.

“Well where are they?” Nick rummages through the dash board, pulling out a flashlight and lighting it behind them.

Smiling: Arianna waves at the golden light shining on her as Nick drops the flashlight gasping.

“What…what?” Nick whispers out as A.J. annoyed, starts the van up and gazes back in the darkness.

“They’re that ugly looking Nick.” He jokes as Nick nervously picks up the flashlight shining it on the women again.

“Uhhhh, A.J. I think you might wanna take a look at this.” Nick smirks as A.J. turns around in shock.

“Girls?”

“Oh yeah, hi.” Coral smiles: waving at him as Arianna waves at back at them.

A.J. glances back at Nick, raising his eyebrows before gazing back at the women: “Ok, you better explain…and explain now.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Surreal Actions by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~“What do we have to fear by fear itself?”-Unknown

**~Surreal Actions~**

Kevin leans down, sitting an unconscious Brian up. “Wake up.”

Howie glances around the harsh bright room, his eyes trained on the man on the ground. A guard enters the premises armed with a rifle.

“What’s the problem?” The guard asks, leaning down to examine.

“He just passed out. He’ll be ok.” Kevin mutters out, passing a hand across Brian’s forehead.

The guard nods, adjusting his arsenal: “Very well. The place is set up, I’ll go get the boss shortly so we’ll begin the initiation.” And he exits quickly, rushing down the dark hallway.

Howie sighs, gazing up at the rope hanging on the ceiling: “What exactly do I have to do for the initiation?”

Kevin exhales, shaking his head: “Depends on what the boss is up too. Though by the looks of it, you might have to show your bond by killing the victim that will be hanging off the rope.”

Howie gulps, shaking his head: “This is ridiculous! I can’t do that! I’m not going to kill another person! Especially an innocent one!”

Kevin stands up, taking the man by the elbow: “You know the deal behind here. Once you enter this place, it’s another rule and another life. We follow that man or we die. It’s just that simple. And I’m certain that I want to live so this is why I’m still standing here before you. If I wanted to, I would have turn myself in, leaving this place. But the more I think about it, the more I put the people I care for in danger. Howie, you don’t think I want to leave this place as much you do? Everyday I fall asleep hoping that maybe I fell into a coma and imagined this all but when I wake up and see the blood shed, I know I fell into a death I can never get out of.”

Howie gulps, kneeling down, shocked too say anything else about the topic. “I’m gonna get you out of here, if it’s the last thing I do. No one deserves to be captured and forced to do things. No one has the right to withheld freedom from another human being.”

Kevin snorts, rolling his eyes in annoyance as Brian’s eyes fluttered open.

“Welcome back.” Kevin smirks.

Brian smiles: “Glad to be back.” He slowly sits up, touching his head.

“What happened to you?” Howie whispers out.

“I fainted I think. I was up on the ladder and the heights got to me I guess.” Brian winces touching his head. “Man my head hurts like mofo.”

Howie chuckles gently, easing his way over to the man: “Well just be glad you’re ok.”

“You had me worried for a sec.” Kevin smiles, standing up from the floor.

“Sorry. I’ll try not to pass out from my fear of heights next time.” Brian murmurs sarcastically, rubbing the back of his head gingerly.

A group of soldiers enter the room shortly after as the walls of the room begin to expand suddenly. Howie gasps, backing up bumping into Kevin as he does. The walls expand greatly as it begins protruding iron spikes emerging from the wall crevices.

“What the hell…” Howie whispers out in shock, watching the room completely transformed before him as if a magic show.

Brian gulps knowing shortly a victim will be showed to the ropes.

Howie gasps, turning back to Kevin who simply nods his head:

“So…it begins.”
~*~

“Uhhh well…where to begin? Ummm…remember when the guy wanted to see us?” Coral being slowly, gathering her ideas.

Nick smirks, “Yeah, I was just gonna ask you about that.” He buckles his seatbelt as A.J. presses his foot on the pedal, lunching the van down the vacant country road.

Arianna settles back in the seat as A.J. smirks, glancing into the rear view window.

“So let me get this straight. You girls are off to deliver something for what?” A.J. raises his dark eyebrows, curiosity egging him on.

“Look, we ummm…we made a deal your boss Vincent.” Coral states, gazing at the wrapped package in her hands.

“Oh ok…and that would be what? Why does he want to deliver things? I mean it’s not like your working for him…” Nick trails off as the notion of the idea settles into his thoughts. He snaps his head back at the two women, shining the flashlight on them.

A.J. smiles, nodding his head: “Bingo! Nicky you just hit something! Girls what are you trying to do huh?”

“Look, just get us to the place, everything will explain itself ok?” Arianna responds nasally, covering her nose at the odorous foul stench within the van.

Coral smirks at her partner as she gently breaths through her mouth, the smell hitting her strongly.

Nick sniffs the air and begins coughing, waving his hands before him: “Damn, the hell is that smell man?”

A.J. makes a disgusted face, glancing back at the women as he slow down in front of a run down apartment complex. “Maybe it’s them.” He points behind to the woman, a smirk sprawled on his face.

Arianna sucks her teeth: “Just when I thought we were getting along, You had to ruin it didn’t you?”

“Yeah, it all can’t be cookies and milk.” A.J. smiles, parking the van across the entrance of a the building.

“Hmmmm....man I haven’t had that for the longest.” Nick whispers out, getting a few awkward glances from the others. “Oh please, like ya weren’t thinking that?”

“Ummm…no. No we weren’t.” Coral smirks, opening the side door.

Arianna giggles, quietly getting off behind Coral, both women heading to the entrance to the building. Coral checks around the area as they find a guard.

“Crap which word is it that we say? Is Pan or Lucky’s fate first?” Arianna grumbles, scratching the side of her head.

Coral smirks: “I thought you were listening to him.”

“Yeah I fake that too sometimes.” Arianna grins, glancing around, stepping towards the guard.

Coral withholds her laughter as she nervously stops before the armed man. “Ummm hi. We’re here to drop something off.”

“What’s the word?” The man growls out, his rotten teeth break through his wretched smile.

Arianna clutches her stomach whispering: “Come on food. Stay in…stay in the tummy.”

Coral gulps, glancing at her partner and back at the man, “Right, ummm…its…its…”

“Man!” Arianna grins as the guard raises his rifle to her head.

Coral smirks: “Ummmm…pan?”

The soldier lowers his gun, glancing at Arianna curiously before turning his attention to Coral. “Keep to your left and drop it off. You’re gonna need a password when you drop that off so you better know it cause you’re being watched.”

Arianna grins, saluting the man: “Ai Ai Captain. Will do.”

The guard gazes at the fair headed woman in confusion, shaking his head as he steps to the side to allow the women to walk. Coral take Arianna by the arm, hurrying pass him to enter the rotting arch doorway.

Giggling softly, Coral looks back at Arianna: “What was that out there?”

“Dude! Did you see his teeth? Damn…talk about wicked. Imagine the lady that has to kiss those lips.” She shivers while they walk down the directed hallway.

Coral smiles: “Somehow you manage to find the good through all this.”

“You have too. Otherwise it starts getting to you.” Arianna gently whispers, seeing a rather large oak wood door as described to them.

“Oh that’s it.” Coral smiles, running ahead of Arianna as she trips, sending the cardboard package sailing through the air slamming onto the base of the door.

Arianna grins and slides as if she was in a baseball game: “And she’s safe!” She cups her mouth making a sound of a crowd cheering her on.

Coral gazes up at Arianna laughing painfully as she drags her arms close to her, her knees hitting the floor. “Owww and you’re so high.”

“Ain’t nothing wrong with being high if it feels good.” Arianna teases, knocking once on each corner of the door.

Coral steadily gets up with the help of Arianna as they stand and wait around.

A throaty harsh voice breaks the silences as it echoes out “Password.”

“Uhhh…Plucky’s gate? No wait that’s not it…Ducky’s date?” Arianna mumbles. “Damn I know it’s around there somewhere.”

Coral quickly responds out: “Lucky’s fate!”

“Yeah, yeah that’s it!” Arianna snaps her fingers. “I guess I should listen more when being talked to.”

The voice garbles out something incoherent as Coral quickly places the package at the foot of the door, backing away. “Guess that’s it. Let’s go. I don’t wanna see what’s behind that door”

“Yeah, let’s get the hell out of here. This place sucks and it stinks like a fish’s crotch.” Arianna murmurs, racing back to the van to head back to the gang.
~*~

Vincent smiles, walking down the arena spanned out, the wretched howls of those suffering lingered far off in the background like a sweet symphony to his ears. He stands before the new man Howie and snaps his fingers to bring attention to him.

Howie gulps, straightening up, his dark eyes locked on with Vincent.

“Hello and welcome. In order to prove your allegiance to us, you must perform this task thoroughly with the assigned weapon of my choice.” Vincent smirks, watching the room slowly get filled up with the members of the gang.

Kevin sighs, watching the events unfold alongside Brian who was already clutching his stomach at the imagery of the violence about to be unleashed.

“Now I don’t know what you know about this initiation, but I like to see that you aren’t afraid of taking a life when called on. After all, it’s your life against the other person’s.” Vincent smiles: snapping his fingers to give a cue to bring out the unsuspecting suspect.

Howie watches a draped man covered in a black bag over his face being dragged up an erecting rising stairwell that is elevating from the ground. All eyes watch the guard holding the victim tightly in his grip, grabbing the loop of the robe and placing it around the victim’s neck.

Howie gulps, his breathing racing while his hands begins to shake in fear. He glances to see Vincent approach him with an ax.

“I personally love the prospect of death. It fascinates me to a point that is beyond words.” Vincent breaths out, taking in a wisp of warm air that clouded the atmosphere today.

“Well you can’t love it until you die to know the feeling.” Howie boldly states hearing a few snickers behind from some gang members.

Vincent raises his eyebrows: “Little boy don’t waste your time or breath on me. I want to see if you can live up to your strong words. Take this ax and give me the head of that victim.” He sneers, pointing the man standing on a high elevated platform.

Howie shakes his head, gasping in horror as Vincent grins:

“Oh come now, all that talk and you can’t kill one measly man?” Vincent hands him the ax, shoving his brutally towards the stairwells. “I suggest you hurry before he is pushed off and dies by the rope.” He breaks into an eerie laugh as Howie trembles ascending up the broken wooden stairs. Taking one step at time, the steps moan and groan in pain with the added weight. As he was about to take another step, the staircase begins creaking, slowly breaking as it begins to shake.

“Oh God.” He breaths out, crawling up the stairs, reaching the top platform before the stairs gave way and collapsed. He could sense all eyes on him as he walks pass the guard holding the victim. Suddenly the guard snickers, pushing the victim off the ledge of the wooden platform before Howie could reach him. Immediately, Howie leaps on the rope, swinging along it as the man begins to convulse and thrash against the tight rope suffocating him. Gulping, Howie looks up at the ceiling, whispering out a small prayer before sending the metal sharp ax across the man’s neck. Holding on the victim’s clothed satin black bag, he watches the spewing bloody body fall to the ground heavily, spattering its internal contents across the dusty ground.

He gasps, closing his eyes as he clutches the clothed head in one hand, while he gripped the rope with the other hand, his legs wrapped around the swinging rope.

Brian no longer holding back, keels over regurgitating the contents of his last meal as Kevin looks away, watching the rope lower down enough for Howie to safely jump off and bring the clothed head over the leader.

Vincent sneers, snatching the head from the man’s head. Glancing at him, he scoffs: “Quite the show you put on there for all of us.”

Howie guiltily gazes down to the ground, his hands shaking terribly from the recent horrid act. He looks up in time to see Arianna and Coral gaze at him in utter shock and horror as they stand in front of a group of men to his right side.

Howie nervously licks his lips, silently pleading to Arianna that he was sorry for what he did.

Arianna turns her head away, brushing past the group of men behind, disappearing from his view. Coral exhales deeply, shaking her head disappointedly at his task.

Vincent looks up and smiles, patting the man on his back: “Congratulations Howie. Welcome to the Eclipses.”

“Right…thanks.” He whispers out sadly, watching Coral disappear into the group of men behind Arianna. Part of him was glad that the women managed to find a way to be with the gang, but the other part of him was unsure for they were the only two women in the entire group of men witnessing the initiation. How was that possible? How would Vincent allow women, let alone strangers to view this…unless there was something more he wasn’t informed of. Whatever the case…he has to find out.

He gazes down at his own bloody murderous hands sensing shock and horror on the act he just committed. Sure he was trained in the field of killing people but never did he ever have to pull a trigger, let alone brutally take a person’s life away like the way he just did. He didn’t know what came over him when he was told to take that person’s life. Perhaps fear claimed him and he followed it, allowing it to kill off the man who’s face remained a mystery to him beneath that black silk veil. And for that, he was grateful. He couldn’t imagine killing a person seeing their face locked in an expression of horror as he executed them. Sighing, he was surrounded and greeted by his new ‘brothers’ in the clan. But he didn’t feel all this was worth it. ‘I knew I should have thought of another plan.’ He thinks to himself, regretting the idea of becoming part of the world’s most dangerous gang.
~*~

-May 16th, 2003. 11:38 PM *Rented Room’s bathroom* ‘Second Day’

-I fear for my safety…

Already it has been one day and I am staying at a comfortable homely little room given to me by the leader himself Vincent. I manage to break into the group and now under secrecy have won the heart of the leader over along with my partner. It seems that after the whole commotion I had with the man I was staying over, he seemed to suddenly lost his memory on ever meeting me at the club. Perhaps he claims he was drunk so he wouldn’t seem so weak or fragile before me. Or maybe he really was out of it which would explain the reason he was so quickly open to me about his thoughts of the gang.

Today has been a day unlike any other: in a matter of less then 24 hours, I saw death, perversion, drugs, illegal tactics and more weapons than I can ever imagine. And among that, hatred. A rather irking hatred from the men in the gang that sends shivers down the very soul of my spine. Today started off like any other day, I woke up alone in the bed as the man I am staying with was already in the bathroom. We later tagged along with his friend who was also at the club the first time I saw him: a rather sensual man who tugged at me curiously from the beginning along with my partner. We headed to a secret deep underground café that seemed look more like a prison kitchen than anything else. I stepped into that room feeling out of place immediately knowing that being a woman was going to bring along a feeling of insecurity and fear. The entire breakfast hall was filled with men and some few stray women that also must have been picked up for some purpose or another.

Everything was fine until we were about to exit the café. A man reached out to touch on my partner, threatening her to do what he wanted. Rufus was the man’s name before we killed him…

Being in the department I am I only had to kill twice in my entire life. Once was for a safety of the family, the husband threatened to kill off his wife and children along with himself if my company didn’t release him from the case. And the other was now, for my own safety along with my partner’s.

I was thrown to the floor of that café as men surrounded us, eager to drop on us like flies on food. I was dragged back by a man as Nick came to my rescue. He managed to pull the man away me, throwing him onto chair to batter him with another chair in his arms. But I beat him to it. I killed the man, shoved a piece a stake from a broken chair straight into the man’s abdomen. I have wound near my temple which brought along incredible. As close as I was to passing out, I along with the help of my partner recovered enough to go after Rufus.

I don’t know what got into me today, but I did the only thing I could to protect myself. I sliced the man’s throat with a knife. My partner in rage stabbed him repeatedly in the chest until he dropped dead. My only thought was we were going to die because of this and sure enough as we left the place a guard instructed my partner and I to talk to the leader in his office. Come to find out, Vincent was impressed with our fighting and offered us a deal.

A deal that would be sufficient enough us to work along side the gang. I don’t know for sure what the leader will think of us being the only two women in the gang. But at the time being we are in. We had to deliver a package in which I believe was a substance of drug. Possibly even the forbidden drug ‘Pandora’s Box’. But if we are now in, it would mean to start investigating deeper.

The other partner of mine’s made it into the gang. We walked right on time to see him decapitate a veiled man during his so called initiation. It was sickening to say the least and it shook all us to see the type of death he committed on an innocent victim.

The day is over for now. Tomorrow only God know what it will bring. I only hope to survive long enough to stop this gang once and for all. Too many lived depend on it.

Codename: Connie signing off for now.
~*~
Howie gazes at the whirling ceiling fan swirl above quickly, bringing in some fresh air down on him. He shuffles around in bed to accommodate himself more, letting out a deep sigh. Things have been edgy for him since the killing done in the initiation. Arianna was keeping her distance all evening as he tried to talk and explain to her what happened, but she was too in shock to deal hearing from him. Maybe it was too much for her to see. In fact, he believed it was too much for him to deal with.

He licks his lips, blinking away a speckle of dust that filtered into his eye as his thoughts wonder. Who was that man Arianna was with? Thoughts fluttered into his head, sure he wasn’t the jealous type but with the way the men act, they could get any woman they wanted just by looks alone. He wiggles his foot on the bed, gazing at the fan as he recalls the brief encounter he had with Arianna before coming to the rented room he was resting at now:

‘How could you do that?’ She had whispered to him, tears streaming down her eyes.

‘It was my initiation. I didn’t have a choice. It was that or I be the one dead.’

‘We’re on a case! The fact you killed an innocent victim isn’t helping our case out at all.’ She had growled out, clamping her hands tightly around the edges her military top.

‘I’m sorry. But you know we have to do whatever it takes to get deep into the gang. And what are you so pissed off about? You don’t hear me saying anything about that guy that’s practically hanging all over you.’

‘How dare you?! He was the one that got me in here. I manage to gain his trust and you think I’m sleeping around with the man? Well you know what…think whatever the hell you wanna think. I’m not gonna try to prove my innocence when you know me better than that.’ She had growled out at him, spotting A.J. down the hallway afew yards away from them. She walked away purposely knowing Howie was looking, wrapped her arm around A.J.’s waist as they walk down the hallway disappearing from his view.

Howie sighs, sitting up in the hard stiff bed that was supplied in the room until further notice. Now he had to deal with his first task with the other recent new comers. He along with the other two three men were to deliver and sell a new toxic drug called ‘Electric’ The words alone told how the drug would work with a simple snort up the nose to a sprinkle on the tongue that would as its called send one to liven up. A distance cousin of Ecstasy, this little yellow powder was enough to cause quite a rabid outbreak for it. Tomorrow will be the day he would go sell it, but tonight for tonight, he will rest or at least try to get some rest.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Alluding Fragrance by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

-“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former President Theodore Roosevelt

**~Alluding Fragrance~**

Memories of the horrid death replayed his mind throughout his sleepless night. Clutching the thin silk bed cover over his body, he rolls to his side hoping to catch some form of goodnight rest. He was plagued with the imbedded screams and blood that had only a few hours came from innocent victim he killed. He didn’t know how long he could take it nor deal with the concept that indeed he was now involved in one of the most dangerous gangs around in the country.

Howie slowly opens his eyes, ideas spinning his frazzled mind from the killing in the initiation to the talk with his girlfriend Arianna. From the moment he decided to take the case the precinct passed along to him, he knew it would take sacrifices on his behalf. He knew somehow, somewhere along the line killing and destroying of relationships will occur. He feared it though, with all his heart, the last he needed was to lose his friends to something so horrible. He gulps, running a hand down the black cotton bed sheet beneath him. Sighing, he watches the small device in the corner of his spacious new bed room he was upgraded to. The camera blinks a small light on the lens, turning and shifting at any new sound or vision that crossed its path.

‘Ari…why did I listen to myself about this whole gang thing? I should have stood behind the desk, finding another way than putting all our lives in endanger.’ His guilty thoughts flood his remaining patience and sanity all in one moment. ‘Maybe I thought going undercover will help bring me closer to a solution in stopping this. But who am I kidding? Kevin changed…The man did a 360 in a matter of months where only before then he was one of the most caring, patient man around in the precinct. What if that begins to take its toll on me? What if I stop caring, stop feeling? Then what? Who will save me when if it happens?”

He forces his eyes shut, trying to wish all the thoughts out of him mind, hoping that somewhere he can get some sleep. He had to do and the first thing was to option taking to the leader before he can get a hold of Arianna.
~*~

Coral pads down the metal hallway barefooted, reaching the dingy washroom littered in piles of scattered filthy clothes from shirts, jeans, pants, socks to even under garments. Reaching the arch chipped mahogany threshold of the entrance of the room, she pushes aside the creaking door as she eases her way further into it. Stepping over piles of clothes, she exhales softly, feeling a sense of watchful eyes beckoning her from the corner. Her breath caught in her throat as she creeps closer to the dark silhouette gazing at her intensely. The floor boards groan out with her added weight with each movement sending a sense of alarm down Coral’s back.

“Ummm…hello? Are you looking for something?” She utters out, fearing her sense of dread would give her away.

The figure moves around, shuffling out of the shadows to step into the weary dim florescent light coming from the room. Coral takes a step back, watching the unfamiliar man drag his feet across the boards with each step. She breaths in quickly, taking in the scent of the unwashed man who was scraggly, un-kept and washed in a bath of his own old sweat.

“Help me…” The rather untrimmed man calls out. To her, he looked like a homeless vagrant wondering the streets for some shelter. “Help me!” He cries out to her, reaching out his dirt infested arms to her. His palms, face and neck were thick in black soot and filth while the rest of him was covered in torn clothes from the raggedy beige trench coat that clothed him, to the black torn jeans and stained white t-shirt. His dark beady eyes locked on her as he calls out to her, dragging his tired feet towards her.

Coral backs up another few feet to keep her distance from this man, banging into a moving washing machine that shook and vibrated with the raising of the clothes inside of it. “How…how do you want me to help you sir?” She calls out to the man whose face seemed tired and lonely with his protruding round nose to large ears. While his shaggy sweating, matted hair remained glued on him as he begins to move again.

“Kill me…before they do.” The man’s badly hoarse voice calls out. “Kill me so I can leave this place now. They’re evil…they’re all evil. You shouldn’t be here. Get out while you still can. There isn’t anyone can do about them. They’re everywhere.” The man mumbles, shaking stepping around her causing her to squeak and shudder.

“I can’t do that.”

“Yes you can.” The man voice gets cut off when a strong cough erupted out of him. “Take the blade and slice it across me. I wanna die now before they come take me away to kill me.”

Coral gasps out, her breaths coming out heavily when a rusty blade was thrust in her hands. “No, no please you don’t understand.”

“You don’t understand what you’re doing.” The man whispers out, pleading with her to kill him. “Please this is the only way I can go without their last laugh.”

“Why me? Why not get out and find your family and leave?”

“I can’t get out of here. Its too late for me…kill me.” He pitifully cries out sending deep shivers down Coral’s spine.

She licks her lips, shaking her head: “I’m sorry. I can’t do that. I can’t kill an innocent person. That’s not I what I do.”

“You’ll just be helping me escape from here faster.” The man stands still, his body sways gently in front of her to gaze at her deeply.

Coral gazes down, “I’m sorry. Killing isn’t the way.”

“Is it? Cause I thought that’s what this place is about.” He drags his dirty hands through his knotted black and grey beard.

“Please have some hope. You’ll get out here fast, I don’t think they’ll take you in the condition you’re in. But I’m certain that murder is not the way.”

The man scoffs and snatches the blade from her hands quickly slamming it into his stomach repeatedly, a large pool of blood follows afterwards from the fatal stab.

Coral simply watches in pure horror and shock at the man as he collapses on the floor gasping for his final breaths. His eyes lock on her as he groans out in agony, falling to his side to met his death. Coral watches the scenery and lets out a wretched scream down the hallway, fear taking control over her.
~*~

Arianna wakes up to the soft sounds of wheels rolling outside her room down the hallway. Sitting up from her bed in the small lavish room that was provided for her for the recent delivery, she watches through the bottom crack of the front apartment door, the black shadows pass by her. She hears a soft knocking on the door, alerting her to answer while she reaches for a decent robe to cover her nude body. Sliding off the bed, she slowly inches her way over to the front door, swinging it open. To her utter surprise, she sees Coral shaking and sobbing pushing pass the empty food cart that she dragged behind her.

“Oh God! What happened?!” Arianna pulls the woman into the room, locking the door behind her.

“There…there was a man, I don’t think he was apart of them…He looked to have wondered in somehow from the lower basement covered in filth. I think he was homeless.” Coral breaths out, trying to calm down, taking in deep breaths.

“Homeless?”

“Yeah…said something about wanting to die and wanted me to kill him. But I couldn’t. Oh God girl, I just couldn’t take an innocent life with my own two hands. I did that already and I haven’t gotten sleep at all.” She whispers out, brushing back a lock of cinnamon hair behind her shoulder.

Arianna sighs, leading the woman to the edge of bed: “You have to relax, I know this is creepy and stuff. What did you do?”

“Nothing. He put a knife in my hands and wanted me to stab him but when I said no he lost it and stabbed himself to death…” She murmurs out dazed, her wet eyes scanning the room lost.

“It’s ok. You didn’t do anything. You’ll be ok. He must have walked in and got stuck. But he did it to himself. Don’t blame yourself ok?” Arianna strokes her friend’s hair gently, watching a fresh tear pierce Coral’s right eye.

“I know…I, I just don’t know what else to do. I don’t think we should stay here.” She chokes out, wiping a tear away from her damp cheeks.

“I know it’s a lot to take in. But…” Arianna sighs, glancing up to see the camera perched highly in the corners of the room. “But we’ll be ok. I know that. It’s a promise ok?” She leans into her partner face, clasping her friend’s wet cheeks with her hands.

“Ooook.” Coral whispers out, gulping. “I just want it to end already.”

“I know…but we only started.” Arianna whispers, pulling away to gather her messy bed sheets from the foot of the bed.

Coral gulps heavily, nodding: “I don’t want to kill anymore.”

“Then we won’t have to.” Arianna whispers out, embracing the woman tightly.
~*~

Kevin rubs his weary eyes together, sitting up in the café alone from the rowdy crowd of men. He sips his cup of coffee watching A.J. approach him.

Quickly finding the person he wanted to talk to, A.J. rushes to the table, sliding into the chair across from him. “Kevin…can we uhhh talk?”

“Sure.” Kevin takes another sip slowly this time, his ears perked on the on going conversation behind him.

“What that Howie dude did yesterday was freaky…I was thinking about mines. I don’t want to do this.”

Kevin gently places his glass ceramic cup down, leaning over the table to A.J. “So what do you want to do about it?”

“You know the answer…just like anyone else here. I wanna get the hell out of here.” A.J. stammers out.

“Ok. But that doesn’t answer the question. You leaving…how? Cause to be honest with you, as much as I have been feeling the same you have, I can’t do a damn thing about it. And you wanna know why?” Kevin raises his dark eye brows, lifting up his cup of coffee again to his lips.

A.J. watches him, glancing over to his right to see Nick and Brian wonder into the café. “No why?”

“Cause like everyone else here, you have to die before you live again. A.J. I already died. I barely remember my old self now. Parts of me still live, but I gave up to it once the reality dawned on me. I can’t get out of here. No one can. Once you’re in the only way to escape is through death. But I’m not ready to die.” He scoffs, placing his lips on the cup to drown the rest of his coffee down.

A.J. sits there quietly, taking in Kevin’s words, sighing: “So you just accepted this as your life?”

“In time yes. This is the only I live for now. The Kevin my cousin was talking about died two months ago when they came for me.”

“Why did they pick us?” A.J. gulps, moving into his seat.

“Cause of our looks. It’s a vanity contest A.J. in case you didn’t know. If you’re good looking, you become a subtle candidate. Congratulations…you won the eyes of the boss to take part in this. You’re first real task begins today now.” Kevin smirks distinctly, tapping his boot on the tiles below them.

“I don’t wanna do it.”

“Yeah well I don’t wanna live here anyway, but I can’t do a damn thing about now can I?” Kevin growls out, slamming the empty ceramic cup down on the table, breaking it in his hands.

A.J. quietly watches, slumping back in his seat hearing the footsteps of Nick and Brian approach them.

The two men slide into a seat around the table and gaze at Kevin ready to speak.

“Before you start lying down your complaints on me. I can’t do anything about it.” Kevin retorts, watching Nick glance over to Brian.

“Well actually I just wanted to say what will happen in the next task.” Nick whispers, looking down at the ground.

Kevin sighs, stretching his arms overhead: “Vincent will tell you shortly, is that all?”

Brian clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth: “If I leave during the task, what will happen to me?”

“I don’t know…” Kevin murmurs out, pulling the glass shards from his hand and table top.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Sweat, Blood and Tears by Jamelet
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

-“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former President Theodore Roosevelt

**~Sweat, Blood and Tears~**

He paces softly in front of the four sitting men, gazing at them with interest. They had just been called from the café under Vincent’s order. Now as the four of them sit there under his gaze, Brian gulps, fidgeting nervously.

“I called you all here because I have a proposition. Your first task is about to happen and I want to make sure you are all ready for it.” Vincent stops pacing, standing before Howie. “You made it seem like killing was a breeze for you. That seemed so smooth and quick, the way you held that knife slicing that victim away.”

Howie gazes guiltily at the floor boards, his conscious throbbing into his sanity. He sees Vincent stop before Nick and A.J. nodding and stands before Brian with a smile across his face.

“I have thought of this task for you all very carefully and am quite happy with it. I’m sure you’ll all make me proud. Now…” Vincent leans back on his office desk, gazing at the others with a smirk. “Your task deals with blood. I hope you all have strong stomach’s because it is a necessity for this.”

A.J. gulps, shaking his head: “What…what do you mean about that?”

“I mean…” Vincent smiles slowly, “That you all will visit the sacrificial place hidden beneath the lower floors of this office.”

Nick gasps, exhaling slowly, his eyes trailing over to Kevin who was standing near the entrance of the room distracted with his own personal thoughts. “Sac…sacrificial place?” Nick croaks out, getting shivers from the sickening image.

Vincent chuckles softly, locking eyes with the four men. “Many of the corpses that are killed during initiation times are sent down there. Usually I have some of the men in such fields clean and bury the bodies, but today boys. Yes today, you will do the honor of cleaning up that room for the next initiation time. All the supplies are there, just simply make sure the room is left spotless and you will move on to bigger and better things.”

A.J. frowns, slumping back into the seat: “No…no that can’t happen. That’s sick. I’m not doing it.”

“Ohhh…wait. Did my ears just deceive? I know you didn’t just say you wouldn’t do it now did you?” Vincent approaches A.J. quickly pulling out a magnum and shoving the cold metal in the center of his forehead. “Maybe you should think about that answer before something deadly happens to you.”

“You can’t force me to do what you want!” A.J. barks out, pushing the pistol away as it goes off, firing in the air.

Brian cries out and ducks to the floor, shaking in fear as the sound of the bullet goes off. “Oh God!! Holy…”

Nick and Howie bolt in their seats, gasping as A.J. exhales slowly, shivering from the popping sound that erupted. At the sound of the gun going off, he tipped back in his seat, over turning the chair as he lands on his stomach, throwing his arms over his head as a shield.

Vincent smirks, gazing over at Kevin near the threshold of the office: “Kevin before you get your day off today, I want you to take them to the sacrificial place. And report back to me when you’re done.”

Kevin nods and awaits the men as Vincent smiles, locking his pistol in place. “Well, don’t just sit there men, you have a job to do. Now go.” He grumbles, rolling his eyes.

A.J. shakily stands up, inching his way over to Kevin while Brian looks up from the floor, slowly standing up. Nick bolts out of his seat, almost tripping over the over turned chair and A.J.

The five men gaze back at Vincent who simply waves his pistol happily in his hands: “Well go now. You don’t have all day now.” He leans back on his office desk, watching the men disperse his office.

Kevin sighs, leading the four men down the dimly lit hallways, dark silhouettes hover around the corners and ceilings as they slowly walk, almost marching down what seemed like the green mile for them all.

A.J. glances over at Nick who gulps and whispers out: “I wanna go home.”

“Well you can’t.” Kevin growls out annoyed, turning to face them. “I told you this already, stop wishing that.”

“Screw you man, I don’t have to stand around here and follow your orders! The hell with this!” Nick seethes out, his sneakers scraping against the cement ground as he inches back.

Brian gulps, “Look Kevin, Nick’s got a point. I don’t wanna do this! What was that guy’s problem back there! Sending us to clean out some morgue! We’re not his slaves!”

Sighing Kevin gulps: never turning around to face them: “This is a gang Brian…nothing seems right cause it isn’t. But I can’t do anything to change it.”

“Yes you can!!! Hell you’re leaving out of here after you drop us off…” A.J. breaks out, grabbing the tall man by the arm.

“With regulations Alex.” Kevin intercepts, cutting the man off. “I might be outside but it wouldn’t make a damn difference cause I’ll be watched everywhere I go. Do you know how long it took me to gain the leader’s trust and how long I’ve been waiting to see the outside in the daylight, to walk the streets and not have to do a task, to not sell or deliver something? Over two months! Do you know what I missed out in two months?!” He cries out as Howie stands feet away, watching them all quietly.

Brian shakes his head as Nick scuffs the ground.

“What’s that man?” A.J. whispers.

“My wedding anniversary.” Kevin calmly murmurs out, his eyes hidden in a cloud of overwhelming sadness that seemed to pulse out.

Nick sighs, “I’m sure she forgives you man. This isn’t your fault.”

“It is really Nick? Cause I do have a choice in this you know. I could flat out die and get this over with. What do I have to lose right? Cause either way I’m screwed.” Kevin gulps, roughly wiping away a stray tear that leaked from the corner of his left eye.

Brian exhales quietly, locking eyes with his cousin: “That’s not true. I’m not giving up. If we got in, we can get out.”

Howie presses his back against the wall across the group, stepping out of the dark shadows around him. “This place functions like a family. The only option of leaving besides death would be betrayal.”

The others gaze at him confused suddenly remembering he was with them.

“Betrayal…yeah that’s real nice. To go up against one of the top leaders of the gang and simply betray him would go well with him.” Kevin grumbles out, leading the men down a row of wide cement staircases, the cement bricked walls seem to close in on them as they quietly descended further into a dark room. Kevin pulls out a flashlight, lighting the way a few feet in front of him, leading the men down another dark lit cement hallway.

“What do you mean by betrayal?” A.J. whispers out to Howie, following the man closely.

Howie glances to the voice, his eyes failing to see anything but mere shadows of the men hidden in the mass black darkness the hallway provided. “You know, disobeying the leader in some way.”

“And you don’t think that will get us killed?! Have you seen how fast he is with the gun? He’ll blow your brains out before you have time to react!” Nick shakily responds, following Kevin into a large open arch doorway.

Brian gazes at Howie curiously and smiles: “Somehow I get the feeling you know more about this than any of us could get.”

Howie shrugs his shoulders, simply sending a quick encouraging smile towards the man’s way as he steps through the arch gray cement threshold.

“This is it.” Kevin whispers, shining the flashlight towards the open wide circular room.

Nick gasps, clutching his stomach quickly as the smell of decay and blood invaded their nostrils.

A.J. begins gagging, covering his nose at the horrific odor.

“Dear God…” Brian whispers out horrified as Howie pushes his way between them.

Howie could feel his jaw drop open at the sight before him. His eyes take in each sickening detail carefully, observing closely the bodies that lied scattered and some piled upon each other. Limbs were strewn around the bricked grey ground, the dry blood stained everything from the ground, to the walls, the bodies some cut up in bits while others remained intact.

Among the bodies, each was nude and mainly made up of young teenage boys. The very few females that were killed seemed battered and bruised beyond recognition before the actual initiation would have taken place. The bodies of the deceased seemed slowly rotting as the rancid smell of rotting flesh invaded the atmosphere around them.

Howie gazes at the four men besides him as they all seemed too stunned to move or even talk at the moment. Howie gazes around the room to see that the circular room was much higher than what the little flashlight was able to capture. The walls seem to reach up to a good ten stories in length seeped in dry blood.

“We…should get started then right?” Howie whispers out, breaking the odd silence around him as the others seemed stunned.

“N…no. No way am I touching or getting close to that.” Nick stammers out nervously, backing out of the arc threshold.

Kevin shines the flashlight on him and points to the ground a few steps below them. “Yes you are.”

A.J. drops to his knees, his hands grip the dirty ground. “I feel sick.” He moans out, his body heaving as he begins to cough repeatedly.

Howie rushes over to the man, gently patting him on the back: “Hey A.J. you’ll be ok? We’ll need your help in cleaning this place up ok.”

A.J. shakes his head, steadily standing up. “No. No you don’t get it. I have a weak stomach for all this. I…” He begins to gag, regurgitating the breakfast he had that morning.

Kevin cringes and descends down the three wide round stairs, his feet touching the bricked grey ground. He inches his way pass a decaying hand, its fingers curled as flies swarm over the dry blood landing on it for feeding.

Brian watches in sickening horror as the sight around him, dropping to his knees as tears flooded his eyes “I can’t do this…oh God no! I can’t do to this.”

Howie sighs out sadly, gently making his way over to Brian who was beginning to sob quietly, fresh tears staining down his face.

Nick sniffs slowly, shakily stepping down the first step. “Where’s the stuff to clean this up?” He chokes out, fighting the urge to keel over and vomit.

“In a closet, just pass this part.” Kevin indicts to a back iron door, locked with a padlock.

Brian wipes his eyes, standing up with the help of Howie as he watches Kevin reach the back door. “Why would he have us do this?”

“Cause he’s an as…” A.J. begins but is cut off by Howie.

“Cause he can. He’s the one in the charge, unless you want to go up against him right now?” Howie gently whispers out, heading down the stairs blindly in the dark.

Kevin shines his flashlight on the padlock and quickly pulls out the keys given to him to open it. Snapping open the padlock with the key, he pulls the creaking heavy door open and exposes the flashlight to the interior of the closet. Finding more flashlights, he turns and shines his flashlight on Nick who seemed lost and petrified standing in the middle of the dead corpses around him.

“Catch!” Kevin calls out to Nick, tossing a small flashlight towards him. Nick catches it with ease and clicks on the item, the small florescent light beams out, splashing the corpses with bright golden light.

Nick gulps back the bile rising in his throat at the clear details of the mutilated bodies around him. Kevin grabs three more flashlights, tossing them each to the remaining men. Howie and Brian catch theirs safely while A.J.’s flashlight lands among a sunken rib of a corpse a few feet before him.

The others watch him curiously as he stands up and spits on the ground, trying to take the taste of death out of his mouth. “Hell no.” And he reaches over, snatching Howie’s flashlight from his hands.

Howie growls out: “Wait. What am I suppose to use now?”

A.J. snorts, pointing to the open decaying ribcage where the flashlight was last seen. “Good hunting.”

Howie glares at the man, watching Nick and Brian shine their flashlights on him and the rotting corpse feet away from him.

Kevin rummages through the closet, pulling out a box of new latex gloves and water sprayers, along with towels, mops, and floor cleaning materials to rinse the blood stains away.

“The bodies…where are we gonna put them?” Brian nervously whispers out, shakily heading down the stairs behind Nick.

Kevin nods, “I’ll take care of that.”

Howie watches Kevin bring the needed supplies on the front platform. Howie grumbles, taking a pair of latex gloves and sliding them on quickly.

“One of you gotta shine the light over to that body so I can get the flash light out.” Howie hisses out, shooting a glare at A.J. who simply held a smug look across his face.

Nick nods and steadily shines the light around. “Ummm…ok, but which body?”

Howie looks around noting a large pile of scatter bodies all near each other that could hold the encased flashlight. “Wonderful…this is just great.” He begins cursing, running a hand through his thick dark hair.

“Try the first body down there, when Kevin threw it, it would most likely have landed there.” Brian croaks, holding his stomach as it rumbles and groan out in pain. “Eghhh…I’m getting sick smelling all this.”

“Well then we should hurry up. The faster we’re done here, the faster we can get the hell out of here ok?” Kevin murmurs, the smell not bothering him at all.

“The bodies…are there body bags for it?” Howie whispers out, heading down to the first decaying body Nick’s flashlight was shining on.

Kevin looks from the assortment of supplies and nods: “Yeah, I’m gonna go get that too. Guys, let’s start alright.”

The others groan and nod as Kevin rushes over to the closet, pulling out a cardboard box with black body bags neatly folded and tucked in.

Brian gulps, watching the cardboard box drop before him.

A.J. slowly opens the box and screams out as rows vast insects fly out, swarming out above them. He drops back, landing hard on his behind as the insects swish pass him, buzzing and flapping out to freedom.

Kevin smirks, shaking his head: “Don’t be such a bit…”

“Look!” Nick cuts him off, shining the flashlight on a lit body where Howie was heading to.

“What?” Brian steps up to him as Kevin dust off the bodies bags taking them out of the box.

“I, I thought I saw something…down there.”

“Down where Nick?” Brian whispers out, watching Howie kneel before a corpse whose ribs seemed torn open and exposed, the flies fluttering around: landing on it.

“Pass Howie. It looked like two big eyes.”

Kevin straightens up alarmed, shining his flashlight pass where Howie was. “Nick, are you sure you saw eyes?” He nervously whispers out.

A.J. narrows his eyes, glancing around, shining the flashlight around the area. “What are you talking about?”

Nick gulps, “I saw it. Like cat eyes. Big and shining.”

Brian turns to Kevin: “Please tell me Vincent doesn’t keep pets here.”

“I don’t know. I never seen the tiger he owns.” Kevin rattles off, sending shivers down the men’s spine.

“Did, did you just say tiger?” Brian croaks out, watching Kevin nod.

Howie gulps, looking around as he slowly pushes his gloved hand into the exposed ribs of the corpse to find the item he needed. “Yes.” He smiles, pulling out the flashlight and shining it on Kevin.

Howie steadily stands up to see the look of utter shock cross Kevin’s face. “What…what is it?”

Kevin whispers out, “Don’t move.”

Howie begins teasing up, gulping: he catches A.J holding his flashlight shakily in his hands. “What’s behind me?”

“You…you don’t wanna know.” Nick chokes out, an expression of horror crosses his face, his bright sapphire orbs shot open in fright as Brian glances over to Howie.

“Be careful man.” Brian whispers out.

Howie not liking the sudden distill mood that clothed the man, quietly whispers out: “What’s behind me guys?”

“Walk quietly back here Michael. That’s all you need to know.” Kevin whispers out calmly, not wanting to frighten the man anymore than he needed to be.

Howie gulps, frowning: “Dammit, just tell me the hell is behind me.”

Kevin shines his flashlight pass Howie as Howie slowly turns around to see nothing but light hitting a wall. Confused, Howie turns on the flashlight in his hands and shines it around the wall as well, finding nothing.

“I don’t get it. Why are you all looking like something was behind me?” Howie whispers: turning back to face the others but feels the air in his throat stop short. He shines the light on the large beautiful striped animal sniffing him, inches away from jumping him and tearing him apart.

“Oh God…we need to help him.” A.J. whispers out: guilt flooding him suddenly.

“Yeah well he would have been fine if you didn’t take his flashlight away.” Brian grumbles.

“Hey! I wasn’t the one that threw it. Kevin was the one who threw it, blame him!” A.J. gets aggravated as Kevin frowns.

“Guys…” Kevin hisses out, “Now isn’t the time to arguing. We need to get rid of that tiger…now.”

“How? I’m not jumping in there!” A.J. cries out in alarm as Kevin glares at the man.

“No. You stay here. I’ll go help him out.” Kevin whispers, taking a step down to the ground. He shines the light on the tiger that was slowly approaching Howie with each step.

Howie gulps, shining the flashlight on the tiger’s yellow orbs, taking a step back with each move the tiger made. “Please…let me live.” He chants out, licking his dry lips as the tiger roared and begins growling, its massive paws crunch down on a corpse in the way as it rears closer to Howie.

The other three men watch from the platform as Kevin searches through his belt to find his gun holster and pulls out his magnum.

Howie watches Kevin, silently thanking the man for wanting to help as the tiger continues to approach him.

Kevin holds the trigger and pulls the trigger as a quiet click echoes in the room.

“Holy…” A.J. whispers.

“It’s empty.” Kevin mumbles out shocked as he holds the gun pointed to Howie.

Howie whines out in fear as the tiger picked up pace on him, ready to devour its next victim. He watches the others in fear as the three men on the platform watch in horror useless in helping out.
~*~

“It’ll be fine Coral.” Arianna paces in the bathroom slowly. “This is just a big mess.” She sighs, settling down on the edge of the porcelain tub.

Coral wraps her arms around herself, burying her head within her arms, shaking gently: “It’s just the look on that man’s face. Its like he knew something more, how I wish I could know what it was before he killed himself.”

“I know Coral. But we already know the consequences of entering this from the moment the idea was passed. We just gotta hope Howie can pull this off.”

“Well easier said than done. Who knows what’s going on with him as we speak.”

Arianna smiles sadly, “He’s probably regretting the idea, that’s what.”

“And can you blame him?”

“Not at all.” Arianna whispers, crossing her hands together on her lap. “I heard about the next task.”

“For us?” Coral sits up from the toilet seat, curiously gazing at her partner.

“Yup. Looks like we get to go outside and sell some drugs. I always wanted to work in the field of medicine and now I get to do just that.” Arianna teases out, getting a small grin from Coral.

“Well we get to leave this place for once which is good.” Coral sits up.

“Yeah, seems that although this group doesn’t stay a day at any place, we’re pretty lucky we won’t have to head out anywhere for a while. I heard Vincent saying this is the best spot he found so far that connects with all the United States water base ports. Transferring drugs from this area is more accessible then say Texas where we would have been heading off too.” Arianna explains, picking on a small scab on her right leg.

“Well that’s good to hear. You seem to have pricked an interest in the leader’s heart.”

Arianna frowns, shivering: “Thanks a lot, now the lunch I had is starting to come back up.”

“Your welcome.” Coral giggles, before continuing. “This gives us more time to explore and find out about this place. What about their ultimate drug: Pandora’s box?” Coral glances over at Arianna who exhales.

“Well that seems to be the most recently used drug so far that has made this gang survive. If I can just find out where they make it, we can stop more production of it before it’s sold out even more to the public.”

“True, but you’re asking for a miracle Ari. People are gonna find the next closest thing that comes close to Pandora’s box chemicals for a lift.” Coral gets up from the toilet seat, wearily glancing around the room.

“So where’s the journal?” Arianna smirks, watching Coral pull out a black leather bound journal from underneath her shirt. Tossing it to Arianna, she takes a seat back and watches her open the book, scanning down the journal.

Smiling, Arianna reaches for a pen thrown in the sink’s cabinet. “Mind if I jot down a few ideas?”

“Na, go ‘head. Have fun, just remember to keep it clean, this is going under a case and it has to written properly.”

Arianna rolls her eyes, “Well where’s the fun in writing proper if what we’re facing doesn’t fall under normalness.”

“That’s the only rule girl.” Coral giggles, exiting the bathroom. “I’ll go see what’s on the radio or something. I can’t stand being in silence too long, it drives me crazy.”

“Aight and if ya hungry there’s a menu on the counter.” Arianna calls out as Coral nods and closes the bathroom behind her as she exits.

Curiously, Arianna flips through the first two entries scanning them over as a smile crosses her face. Tapping the pen in her hands, she quickly heads the paper and scribbles down the ideas racing through her head about the recent events she herself witnessed.

-May 17th, 2003 4:14 PM *Rented bathroom equipped with the nice furnish apartment* ‘Third Day’

-So it begins…

I would like to wake up with a man besides me who doesn’t feel like he’s about to end his career with one major move. I want to wake up with him holding me telling me ‘Everything is going to be ok.’ When in reality, we both know that’s not true.

Today my partner came to me crying her eyes about seeing a deranged man kill himself before her. She claimed he was crying out to kill him already, that what we’re doing being in here is crazy and to run out while we still can. Well, thanks like we didn’t know that. Gee…how thoughtful of that man to be so considerate about our safety when there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it at the moment.

Bare with me, this is the first time I’m writing in this journal. I gave my partner a break on this cause I was dying to see what she jotted down. Errrr…perhaps the word ‘dying’ shouldn’t be used here after all, that’s like calling the tea kettle black. But I decided to give my opinion on the whole ordeal we’re facing. It’s time to hear my voice, tell you what I’ve seen and what I want happen.

I saw too much already. I killed a man and guess what…I don’t feel guilty. And if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would do leave it the way it is because he deserved it. No, I’m not cold blooded, just strong about what I believe in. No, I’m not a killer ‘cause he was asking for it and would have killed me. And no, I don’t have nightmares about him because I’m happy. I’m happy he’s gone from the face of this earth and I would kiss the fork that ended his life if I was to celebrate my victory. No, I’m not insane, just not all there…there’s a difference you see.

As for the leader…my, words can’t comprehend what a beauty that man is in my eyes. The stories are all true, every man that is in the gang is a God given splendor to look at. If I wasn’t so intact with my respect, I would have screwed some of their brains out by now. But I chose to withhold…for my own personal reasons. But there is more hidden beneath all that glamour and attractiveness they all have. The leader especially is demented. Demented meaning he would kill in an instant without a thought, without a moment’s rest if he could.

Part of me wants to give up and get leave this hellhole already, I’m tired of being locked away, driven around to sell drugs, looked at like I’m some sex slave to some of the men here. I want out…but I can’t. I just started and the more I stay here, the more I’m starting to scare myself. I’m losing it I think, though that should good right since I’m seeing death all around me.

The other day my partner and I sold our first batch of drugs. Yup, that’s right, went right up to the directions given and entered some building guarded by a man that should be shot in the face with the way he looks. *shivers* The building reeked and the hallways were filthy but we followed the orders and left, not knowing what exactly was in the box we dropped off. My partner believes it could some of the infamous Pandora’s box or chemicals used for it. Well whatever the case, we did it. Now I heard we might have to sell the stuff tonight which if you can tell I’m thrilled about it…

I’ll end it here. Cause if I write anymore, the rest of it might be edited out for viewer’s sake. So this is it and if I get out of here sane, I better get a raise that will be let me live with hot servants beckoning at my every call.

Codename: Ana signing off for now

Smirking, she closes the journal and dumps the pen in the trash, sliding the journal under her shirt as she exits the room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Bloody Tears by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Bloody Tears~**

The room remained frozen in fear as only his soft breaths emitted from his lips. The roar echoed in the sacrificial chamber as the tiger crunched over bones and crushed scalps of corpses littering the ground around it.

Howie takes a step back and gulps, his back hitting the wall behind him. His stomach begins to turn in knots, gripping him in a deathly fear as he gazes at the other men for some form of help.

Nick shivers softly, glancing over at Brian and Kevin who both seemed helpless from the platform. A.J. licks his lower lip and slowly bends down to pick a bloody bone with the flesh sliding off it off the ground. Gagging in reflex at the sight, A.J. holds onto the glimmering bloody rib bone watching the dry blood encrusted bone swarmed in flies.

Kevin narrows his eyes and points to Howie, “Go…you started this.”

A.J. growls out, flipping the man off as he steps off the platform watching the tiger sniffing the air, inches away from snapping Howie in half.

A.J. creeps up behind the large tiger, kneeling down so as not to be seen by the animal. Lucky for him the tiger was more entranced by its victim Howie to even notice anyone behind it. He grips the jagged bone in his right hand, ready to battle the animal in case of anything.

Howie watches, feeling his heart throb into his throat, the tiger letting out a rather seeping growl that seemed to tingle down his spine through his flesh. Its sharp razor teeth grit as it begins to open its mouth, a low growl sounding off. Howie closes his eyes, feeling his death approach him. He never thought he was going to die in such an unusual matter: he was expecting something more like getting tortured or getting shot at. But to die through a vengeance of a wild animal, well even that he wasn’t prepared for. In an instant, the tiger leaps into the air towards Howie but drops dead on the ground inches from him as a loud ripping sound vibrates in the air. Howie gazes at the tiger roaring, its abdomen clearly visible through the naked eye, the dark almost black red blood begins to spill out, immersing anything it touched with its color. Howie looks up confused and grateful to see A.J. standing behind the dead tiger, holding a sharp bloody jagged bone in his hands. Gulping, he grips the wall behind him, shakily walking over to A.J., stepping over the dead corpse of the raging animal.

“You…you saved me…” He murmurs out, gazing in shock at A.J.

“No kidding.” A.J. whispers out, shocked by the action he did as the tiger’s paw lied curled next to him.

“That was so fast. I didn’t even see you coming.” Howie murmurs, shaking in anxiety.

“Thought you needed the help. Well, yeah you’re welcome.” A.J. lashes out, walking back to the others. Howie gulps, his eyes gazing over at Kevin in confusion.

Sighing, Kevin nods his head once and gently pulls Howie towards them. “We…we should start cleaning this place up.” He begins handing out the cleaning materials to the four men. Nick takes the rag and chemicals, heading over to the far side of the dimly lit room to begin taking off the spilled blood from the dead animal.

Brian gulps, gazing over at Howie as he sighs: “He’s a little rough around the edges but he really is a nice guy Michael.” Indicting over to A.J. who grabbed a rag and was dutifully scrubbing a wall down.

Howie nods as he grabs a rag, watching A.J. and decided to head over to the man to thank him for his heroic action.

Brian watches, raising his eyebrows as he takes a rag and joins Nick to help clean off the drenched floor.

Kevin pulls on some latex gloves and begins throwing any scattered limbs into a garbage bag: holding back the urge to regurgitate what he ate before hand. He quietly works as the only sounds heard was them quickly moving around and cleaning the place off.

“We need a hose, it would make life easier.” Nick mumbles out causing Brian to chuckle out.

“Oh right of course, cause we could connect to an extension in this room right?” Kevin responds sarcastically, glancing over to the fair headed man.

Nick snorts, “Whatever, it was just an idea.”

“And what an idea.” A.J. smiles as the others chuckle softly.

Howie steps up to A.J. cleaning the wall before him watching the man scrub off a blood stain spotted across the wall. Howie reaches out to an area on the wall to clean off a stain when A.J. was about to touch that area on the wall as well.

“Ohh. You wanna claim that spot, go right ahead.” A.J. rolls his eyes, tensing up as he washes the wall, dumping a wet drench sponge into the metal bucket behind him.

“I just wanted to say thanks: that’s all. What’s your problem?” Howie asks quietly, watching A.J. snort and back away.

“You.”

“Excuse me?” Howie straightens up, turning to face the hostile man.

“You heard me. I don’t repeat.” A.J. narrows his eyes, walking to another wall further away from Howie.

Howie licks his lips, shaking his head in confusion as he tries to understand why A.J. was angry with him.

Sighing, he gazes over at Kevin who approaches A.J. whispering something to him as the tattooed man pushes Kevin away and begins cursing out rudely.

Nick and Brian stop cleaning to see A.J. race up to Howie, pushing him up against a wall behind them.

“What the hell man?” Howie breaks out confused, trying to move out of A.J.’s way. He wasn’t in the mood for a petty fight nor did he plan on starting on. Whatever was bothering A.J. was up to him to deal with on his own.

“Hey A.J.! Leave him alone! What’s wrong with you?” Brian calls out as Kevin steps into the two men in case A.J. throws a punch.

“Him! That’s what’s wrong with this whole thing! He comes in and thinks he can nicely work his way up! Did you see what he did for the initiation?! Then he thinks he can be all friendly and win the boss’s heart over with his killing. Well screw you Michael! And that chick you were talking with. Guess what…she’s with me!” A.J. grins, backing up as Howie inhales deeply letting the words taunt his soul.

“What did you say?!” Howie tenses up, pushing Kevin out of the way. Nick and Brian glance at each other as they race over to the others, each grabbing a guy ready to throw down in the upcoming fight.

Kevin holds his hands out, stepping between the two: A.J. and Howie and frowns. “Let me tell you both something…I didn’t come here to baby sit you. If you have a problem with each other, then too bad. We’re all stuck here and have a job to do. So what you need to do is hold off the fighting or work together and let it go. It isn’t worth fighting over some female.”

A.J. clicks the roof of his mouth, a smirk still spanning across his cheeks. “Fine, you’re right. Why bother, when I already won right?”

Howie growls out, shoving Kevin out of the way as he races towards A.J. Brian stops before him, tripping him as he lands in a pile of blood and decaying flesh, inches away from reaching A.J.

A.J. laughs, bending down to gaze at him, inches away from a sprawled out Howie, struggling to stand up. “Awww. Will you look at that? Michael’s all upset his girl is playing him. Do I sense jealously? Don’t worry, I understand…”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Kevin yells out, silencing the men. “Act your age! Both of you! If you keep this up, you’re on your own from now on. And trust me, I’m the only one worth trusting at the moment. So if you don’t get over yourselves now, then I feel real bad for the both of you.” He seeps out, pushing his way between the both of them. “Get back to work. I don’t plan on staying here all day.” And he tosses a sponge at Howie, glaring at the both of them.

Brian raises his eyebrows, poking Nick on the side: “Hehe, I used to see Kevin do this all the time. He always was the one to break up arguments, never could figure out how he does it, but it’s an interesting thing to see it before one’s eyes.”

Nick scratches his temple, watching A.J. leap and perch on a small ledge, cleaning off the dirt on what where a window would have been if not covered by bricks. He sees Howie slowly crawl and stand up, heading across the room to clean off the walls. The rest of the cleaning was done in a eerie silence with only a few glances and pointing to indict wants next.

Howie sighs, exhaling slowly as they all gather on the granite platform to gather the body bags and begin placing the decaying corpses away.

Nick begins to hum gently to himself as he carefully unfolds a body bag to drape it over a mutilated body. Looking away in disgust, he clothes the body and closes his eyes.

Brian bends down over a corpse to cover it with a body bag when he hear a strange sound coming from behind the closed closet door. Perking his ears, he stands up to gaze at the room, curiosity beginning to grow on him. “Did you guys hear that?” He whispers out, gulping, hearing the sound of something shuffling underground.

Kevin looks over to him confused, shaking his head: “No why?”

“I thought I heard something beneath us that’s all.” Brian carefully picks his way around the draped corpse to cover another body with it.

Howie sighs, stumbling over a corpse, kicking it out of his way when he sees a strange item lying besides the body. “What the…” He whispers out quietly, bending down to gaze at the thick small black plain textbook. Gripping his hands around the book, he picks it up, flipping through the strange hidden language that seemed to foretold a story. He feels the boring of A.J.’s eyes on him as he clears his throat and hands the book over to him. “Maybe Kevin might want to have a look at this.”

A.J. snatches the book from his hands, glaring at Howie. “Fine. I’ll make sure to pass it along to him.”

“Thanks.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Yeah sure.” And marches back over to a blood stain wall, wetting it with a bucket and watches the blood trails run down the wall.

Howie sighs, catching Kevin’s glance and points over to A.J.

“A.J. What do you have there?” Kevin calls out.

A.J. shrugs his shoulders and strolls over to him, handing him the book: “Oh, Michael found this. Thought you might wanna check it out.”

Kevin nods, taking the book and begins flipping through it amazed. “Michael…Michael.”

Howie looks up to see Kevin calling him and tilts his head: “Yeah?”

“Where did you find this?”

“Oh, it was under a body, why? Do you know what that is?”

Kevin shivers a little, licking his lips slowly, sliding the book away into the interior of his jacket pocket.

“Kev?” Brian calls out gently, wondering why his cousin was suddenly going pale.

Kevin turns his head over to Brian, crossing his arms across his chest, “It’s nothing for you to worry about. Let’s finish this up so we can all leave.”

“What’s the book about Kevin?” Nick calls out, stepping towards him.

Kevin glances at Nick before dropping his head to the ground below him, “I can’t believe it’s real…”

“What’s real? Fill us in…what’s going on?” Brian gently asks, coming closer to him.

Howie and A.J. each eye other before approaching Kevin as the men begin to surround him.

Kevin sighs, shaking his head: “Stop this. Go back to work now. I have to get out of here fast. I don’t wanna be here at the moment.”

“What do you know?” A.J. asks.

“Too much.” Kevin steps out of the circle as Howie shakes his head:

“No wait. Hold on, you can’t just walk away without telling us. Are we in trouble? What is that book on?”

Kevin shivers a bit before slumping and taking a seat on the top cement stair of the platform; “There was a story…a time back. Before Vincent came into the gang…” He trails off, his eyes wondering away from them all as he tries to recall the story told to him from before.

“How long ago?” Howie kneels down besides what used to be his partner from back in the police station. Now, the longer he stares at what once was a bright exuberated young man, the more he realizes how death changed the living spirit of what was Kevin.

Kevin sadly smiles, staring at Howie as he begins to sniff. “The story dealt with the deadly secret that the Eclipses founded on maintaining a secret. The secret of reliving…somewhat of what once could be called a fountain of youth. But this rebirth is deadly…frightening for anyone to view or experience.”

“What…what are you saying man?” Nick whispers, kicking a piece of dried flesh off his sneaker in complete disgust.

“That book that was found was used for the victim’s dying souls…a somewhat of a time capsule. If you die…you can somehow be reborn again only you won’t be the same person anymore. There were some ideas that Vincent practiced this ritual before his death…” Kevin gets intercepted by A.J. who lets out what was running through the other’s mind.

“WHOAAAAA! What the hell? You mean to tell me that this Vincent dude, the leader of this shi…” A.J. stops suddenly when Kevin buries his head in his hands.

Brian kneels down, gently placing a hand on Kevin’s shoulders: “We want to understand all this…but we’re all confused. You have to tell us the whole story. What do you know about this place?”

Kevin looks up, tears filling his eyes as he shakes his head: “It’s too complicated.”

“It doesn’t matter, we’ll try to figure it all out, just let us know please Kevin.” Howie whispers out, kneeling besides Brian.

Kevin sighs, sniffing quietly: “Like I said. I know too much…”

“What about the book? You said Vincent used this book to live again? Is that it?” Nick whispers out, staring in shock at Kevin.

Kevin nods, holding the book in his hands: “What is listed here are some chants for the revival of the soul. Many claim that once used on a person, it will change them entirely. Their souls are no longer pure: they become somewhat demonic in actions. From what I know: Vincent used this on himself to gain access into a realm of power, a power of maybe gaining strength mentally and physically. He’s an impossible foe to take down. I only know of this working once with a success and that was Vincent.”

“What about others that used it? What do you think could have happened to them?” A.J. runs a hand down his face nervously.

“They died a second death, this one more violent and tormenting then the first.” Kevin responds, shakily holding the book in his hands. “This was written over fifteen centuries ago. The language used here was lost but only recently was studied and found out. Those able to find it have been few.”

Brian gulps, shaking his head: “This is unbelievable…people reliving again after their death, that’s impossible. It can’t be done.”

Howie grins faintly, “It was done once a long time ago by a man.”

A.J. snorts, “That’s different though.”

“Is it really?” Howie stands up, gazing at A.J. “Think of it this way, we live in a world where there is good and bad. If God gave life again to his son, why wouldn’t you think that Satan can’t do the same?”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Look, I didn’t come here for a Bible study.” He sucks his teeth, walking away from the others.

Kevin glances over at A.J. “He’s right to a point A.J. Resurrection is an impossible motive for any human being. But this book proved there is a way for it. This gang has a secret that is far beyond what you can ever imagine. There’s a reason why this gang was created the way it is. Haven’t you noticed you were selected cause of your looks?”

“So it’s a popularity contest, big freaking deal, so?” A.J. tensing up, wanting to leave the area already, the rotting scent of corpses beginning to make his nauseous again.

“It’s not about who is more popular…it is about opening the gates of hell. This game was named after what many believed was eerie and frightening. When the lunar eclipse occurred, many wars and deaths happened and people began to assume it was because of the strange elements of the moon. Only those appealing in the day and night were safe…chosen like we are.”

“Damn…I would have hated to be ugly then back then.” Nick whispers out, receiving a poke on the side from Brian.

Howie gulps: “You mentioned opening the gates of hell…how is that done?”

Kevin locks eyes with him and frowns: “It’s already been done. Vincent did the chant over a month ago.

“Huh?! No…cause that would make it hell on Earth right?” Brian croaks out, shivering at the sick thought.

“Yeah.” Kevin simply answers, not wanting to discuss this further. He was just glad no surveillance cameras were placed in this room or all the discussion just spoken would have been their death wish.

“So what are you saying Kevin? That Vincent is some kind of devil spawn and we’re all picked to do his bidding?” Nick blurts out, knowing the concept was far beyond stupid.

Kevin shakes his head: “That would be too extreme now wouldn’t it?” Sighing, he checks his watch, standing up and tucking the book away. “We have to finish this up already, I think Vincent is gonna send some soldiers down here to check this place so we should wrap it up and clean off this place.”

“Ok. But you have to tell us the rest of this story before you head out though ok?” Brian quietly states, shuffling over another corpse to cover it quickly.

Nodding, Kevin pulls out a mop and dumps it in a bucket, cleaning off the slops of blood in it. A sudden fear gripped his heart as the truth of this gang begins to dwell in him. ‘I have to tell them…they have the right to know.’ His thoughts plaque him, his eyes averting to the four men busily finishing off the cleaning and piling the stacks of the decrypted bodies together.
~*~

Arianna peers through the crack of the door, jiggling the doorknob in her hands. She was tempted to fling it open to send Coral into a yelling state, but withhold the naughty motive of frightening her friend in the state of mind she’s in.

“Ok Connie.” She smirks, exiting the bedroom and plops down on her bed. “I’m bored. Let’s go find that laundry place, I wanna see the dead man.”

“WHAT?!” Coral stares at her partner in disbelief.

Arianna giggles, “Relax girl. I just wanted to see the body that’s all.”

Coral shivers, rubbing her arms across each other in fight: “Please tell me you’re kidding about this whole thing.”

Arianna smiles, nodding: “Yes. Come on now, you didn’t think I was crazy enough to see that now did you? I have my sanity…or least the little I have and I intend to keep it for a bit longer.”

Coral faintly smiles, nodding: “K.”

A rapping at the door caught the women off guard as they raise their heads to the sound.

“Who?” Arianna calls out.

“There is a message sent to you.” Calls out a young man, his bass voice sending chills down the women’s spine.

“Alright, well tell me.” Arianna remained still on her bed.

“Aren’t you going to answer the door?” The messenger calls out.

“No.” Arianna shouts out, “Now tell me.”

“Very well.” The messenger mumbles and relays the message given to him, instructing the women to met Vincent no later than seven in the evening tonight. “He wants to give you both tasks and believe are up to completing it since you succeeded with the first one.”

“Sure, right, ok, whatever.” Arianna mumbles, rolling her eyes hearing the messenger’s footsteps recede away from the door.

“Well that was interesting…” Coral smirks, poking Arianna in the ribs.

“Hey ow.” Arianna giggles, sniffing the air. “I’m telling you, this place has weird scents and I was right on that smell back at the drop off. I think I might have the smell on my clothing or in my hair.”

“What smell?”

“The fish’s crotch smell girl.” Arianna begins sniffing her own arms as Coral burst out in laughter, wiping the tears that came from the joke. Arianna shortly joins in as the women feel a warmth of relief before their next outing.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Lunar Turbulence by Jamelet
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Lunar Turbulence~**

He steps disgusted, wiping his hands down the seam of his dirty jeans. The pile of covered bodies neatly stacked up on one another creating more than ten sets of bodies and limbs gathered.

Scanning the others, he wipes a bloody hand across his forehead, tired and restless after the entire ordeal. The place was let spotless leaving the walls and floor almost sparkling in gleam.

“Just glad that’s over with.” Brian whispers out, plopping down on the cement bricked platform they were all resting on.

Nick nods, wiping his hands in disgust onto the hems of his jeans. “The smell of blood is starting to get to me. Can we go now?”

“Yeah.” Kevin climbs up the small steps to the others, sighing. “We’re about to head out. We finished quicker than I thought so we got some time before we’re picked up.”

“Why can’t we just leave here?” A.J. yawns, pulling off the latex gloves, flinging them into an open plastic body bag.

“Cause the others need to make sure the job was done right or we’ll have to stay here longer to get it right.” Kevin grumbles, exhaling slowly as he kneels down and gazes at the body bags all filled up behind him.

Howie shivers at the thought and events of today, as it slowly replays itself in his memory. A.J. grins, leaning near him from where he was sitting at: “You know if he wasn’t here to stop it, I would have hit you.”

Frowning, Howie glances at A.J., narrowing his eyebrows: “Oh really? I would have liked to see you try.”

“Hehe, don’t tempt me.” A.J. whispers gladly, sitting up with a smirk scrolled across his face.

Brian yawns, stretching his arms over heard, when he hears the sound of something shuffling near by him. Curiosity getting to him: he sees a silhouette in a dark corner of the sacrificial place and moves closer to examine it. The poor dimming lights did nothing to reassure him as he steps down the three cement steps away from the platform.

“Brian where you going?” Kevin calls out as Brian seemed drawn to the figure. “I’m just checking something out. I think I saw a person over here.”

“What? No, it’s just us. It’s probably a rat or something. Forget it and relax over here.” Kevin fiddles with the zipper of a body bag, pushing the bag away from him.

Brian raises his hand, “In a minute, let me see what’s over there.”

Nick smirks: “Dude, just leave it alone. There isn’t anything over there.”

“Yeah listen to blondie: Brian, your eyes are messing with you.” A.J. calls out as Howie watches Brian curiously.

Brian reaches a corner of the wall in the room, shining his flashlight around to see nothing but a loud screeching. Brian yelps in surprise at the sound as a rat scuttles off, passing between his legs and disappearing down the room to hide elsewhere. He could hear the other men laugh as his cheeks begin to blush a faint red. “Hehe…I guess you were right. Just a rat, that’s all.” He whispers out, making his way back to the others.

Suddenly he stops in the middle of the room, peering through the corner of his eye to see a body bag move and shuffle on its own. Gulping, he shines the light on it as the others catch sight of the movement.

“What…what…why is that moving? Isn’t the person dead in there?” Nick croaks out.

A.J. grins and whispers into Nick’s ear: “Well there’s only one way to find out right? Why don’t you go over there and see for yourself man.” Gently pushing Nick down the stairs.

Nick glares at the man and races back up the three small steps, watching Brian inch closer to the body bag placed in the center of the room.

Howie gulps, somehow he could sense something horrible will happen and he didn’t need to be here to see it. Watching closely, he sees Brian reach one of the piles of filled body bags placed in the center of the room, shining a light on it.

“It’s nothing there Brian. You have to stop being so scared. There are tons of rodents down here cause of the smell. Just leave it alone and come back over here.” Kevin calls softly, sitting crossed legged gazing at his cousin.

The others watch curiously as Brian reaches a pile and shines his flashlight on the top body bag on the pile. Tugging on the zipper of the bag, he slides it open to see what was making the noise. Abruptly, an arm slid out of the bag causing him to jump and take a step back.
Brian could hear some snickering behind him as he frowns and sucks his teeth. He disgustedly picks up the corpse’s arm, sliding it back into the body bag, when suddenly the arm twitched, its hand opening and clutching on Brian’s wrist. Brian yells, trying to pull the hand off him.

Kevin stands up alarmed, making his way over to a shaking Brian. “Hey, its probably just a twitch. Bodies do that even if they pass away the first hours or so. Relax man.”

“GET IT OFF ME!!! WHAT THE HELL?! GET IT OFF!!” Brian screams out, shivering at the hand clasped tightly on his wrist. Kevin smirks, prying the hand off Brian as Brian backs away, bumping into a pile of other body bags which tumble and fall off to the ground.

Nick gulps, watching Brian stumble and head back to them on the platform, scared and in shock, rubbing his arms to get the feeling of the corpse off him.

Howie narrows his hand, shining his flashlight over at the tumbled pile of body bags, watching the scattered row of bags twitch and jerk in movement.

“Ok…I heard of small twitches, but this is getting ridiculous now.” A.J. breathes out, taking a step back, gripping the front door handle in his hands.

Nick whines out, backing towards the door, where A.J. was at. “Ok, see… now we’re leaving…cause I don’t want to be here with those things moving. Dude, I don’t want to be here with those twitches that are going on.”

“Yeah…I hear ya man.” A.J. pulls on the door, trying to open it.

“Well open it man! What the hell are you waiting for?” Nick croaks out, watching A.J. struggle with the door.

Howie goes over and offers to help, yanking on the door handle which broke off in his hands.

Nick gasps, glancing at A.J. who tenses up and snarls: “Thanks Howie a lot! You helped out so much!” A.J. growls out, pounding on the door.

Kevin and Brian scramble up the stairs with the others with a low moaning vibrated in the room.

“Ohhhhhhhh…hell now. Nooooo...” Nick whispers out, turning around to view the ground feet away from them all.

Howie shivers: holding his flashlight in his hands when the corpse that had grabbed Brian’s hand, shuffles inside of its closed containment. “To be honest with you, I’ve heard of sporadic twitches when the nerves move, but even this is too much for a dead person to do…”

Kevin gulps, standing on the platform with the others, watching the movements in the body bags scattered and piled on the floor. Suddenly, the piles topple over as all the body bags begin twitching violently.

Nick releases a curse under his breath, banging on the front door. “OPEN THIS NOW!”

A.J. kicks at the door along with Nick as Brian’s flashlight goes out.

“Dammit.” He mutters, shaking his flashlight and tossing it on the ground. The bags continue moving, slowly unzipping as the moaning grows loudly.

“Oh no no.” Howie whispers out, backing out in utter shock, his licks his dry lips, glancing at Kevin. “They’re not dead!”

“Yes they are…” Kevin trails off, watching a corpse of thin naked woman crawl out of a body bag, her grey flesh sunken slowly to her bones as she moans out. Her dark disheveled hair and sunken eyes completed the bloody mess of human that remained. The face seemed thinning and shrunken as wrinkles and deep crevices cut across the woman’s dead cheeks. She clumsily stands up, staring at Kevin intensely while she slowly takes a step forward.

A.J.’s mouth opened as no sound was heard, the terror was beyond anything he could imagine as he simply watched.

Nick begins shaking in fear as he cries out to the door, kicking it when his flashlight blinks a few seconds and goes off. Howie shines his flashlight on Brian who seemed paralyzed in fear, backing away towards the others at the door.

“Kevin, the door won’t open. We need to get out of here.” Howie calmly speaks, the terror seizing his bones as the zombie like woman gurgles and moans out something incoherent.

Kevin too in shock to speak, gulps and reaches the door, kicking at it as well. A.J. backs away to allow Kevin more room to kick down the door. He glares at Howie and shines the flashlight on the woman zombie gravely approaching them, each slow step more taunting than the next as the whiff of decay crosses over to the men.

Nick begins gagging as Brian inches closer to Howie with the flashlight. A.J. shivers in fright as his flashlight begins blinking quickly.

“Noooo…crap…damn not now.” A.J. shakes his flashlight as it dims and goes off, leaving him in the dark.

Kevin frustrated with no luck on breaking the solid thick door that held them enclosed, turns around, shining his flashlight on the approaching zombie. By now, the zombie had reached the stairs and was slowly ascending up towards them.

A.J. yells out and bangs on the door, “GET ME OUT!!!” as the moaning of the zombie cuts across them. Howie begins panting in fear, backing towards the others next to the entrance of the area. Holding his flashlight, he watches the other body bags begin to unzip and open, allowing more of the deceased bodies to crawl out and join the one ascending the men.

“Oh God…they’re all alive…” Nick whispers out, holding back his nausea.

Kevin gulps, “I don’t know what to do…we finished early, they won’t come get us till its time.”

“He had to have set this up! He would know something like this would happen.” Brian trembles out, huddling near Kevin holding the flashlight on the woman zombie who seemed to take a step on the second step almost near the platform they’re on.

Howie gulps, standing with the other men as his flashlight starts dimming.

‘We’re losing power here!” A.J. croaks out as Howie’s flashlight finally dies: leaving them in the dark. Kevin holds his flashlight, the bright florescent light shining on the woman zombie who seemed traumatized by the strong light emitting from the small object.

Kevin crowds in with the other men, standing in front of them with the flashlight. The zombie moans, stretching her long withered grey arms towards him as she gets on the platform, feet away from reaching them. Kevin scans the ground in front of them to see a crowd of the undead awakening and rising from the ground, escaping the body bags that once held them.

Kevin hears the others breathing quickly, fear paralyzing all of them as their only mode of escape was no longer in use. “Its gonna be ok. We’ll get out of here.”

A.J. lets out a curse, whispering: “Are you serious?! What the hell are you thinking? Look at that! That’s not normal!!! They’re alive when they were dead only hours before hand!”

“A.J. calm down. There has to be another exit around here.” Kevin whispers, shakily holding the flashlight in his hands.

“There’s an open crack large enough for all of us to slip through in the back wall across from those things. But we’ll need to pass them to get over to it.” Howie shivers, watching the zombie woman taking painstakingly slow steps on the platform.

“Oh no! No, no, no. I’m not walking through that crowd.” Nick shrieks out as they move away from the approaching woman zombie.

“Well we don’t have a choice now do we?” Kevin hisses out, fear cutting into him deeply.

“Ok, well let’s go now.” Brian quivers out, racing towards the edge of the platform to see a group of standing zombies, moaning and coming towards the stairwell of the platform.

The others nodded and go behind when Kevin’s flashlight begins to blink.

“NO! That’s our only light left!” A.J. shrieks out as they all gather at the edge of the platform, the woman zombie seemingly taking forever to reach them.

Kevin gulps and nods, jumping off the ledge first with the others following behind. He begins to travel as the group of zombies turn and begin to head towards them. Suddenly Kevin’s flashlight begins dimming as it blinks and goes off, leaving them all in the dark with the moaning zombies. They scream and huddle together, fear clinging to their bones as the zombies crawl and stumble towards them.
~*~

Vincent sighs, sitting back in the seat, gazing at the two women. “You know. You girls are something. I gotta admit, I almost forgot what it was like having a lady around the place for so long. I think you both can grow on me if I allow it to. For now though…” He places his hand on dark mahogany desk “You have a job to do. I have an arrival in a few hours and you both will need to pick it up. Afterwards you will be dropped off and mend to sell it to the best buyer off the block. I have a warning for you girls. The buyers are demanding when it comes to their money and will take a lot of convincing to get them to buy it at the highest price. But I trust you both will get the job done right. I’m expecting a large profit to come back to me.”

“How much do you expect back from the sell?” Arianna sits up in the chair, staring at the handsome built man. She tucks a blonde strand behind her ear, licking her lips slowly.

“Oh nothing more than a few grand. It’s a small sell, so it’s not a big deal.”

“Ok, ok, wait. You expect us to get a person to buy a small amount of the stuff for a grand?” Coral sits up, shaking her head in disbelief.

Vincent smiles, cocking his head to the side: “Well what did you expect, the product is a difficult thing to find, very rare in essence. You didn’t think I would give it away for cheap now did you?”

Arianna snorts, rolling her eyes: “So we’re to sell how much of it?”

“All of it. If you can get rid of the entire package then I’ll see what I can provide for you women to make your lives more accessible living here.” Vincent smirks, slowly standing up.

Coral sighs, “Fine. We’ll keep our deal of the bargain, but you better keep up with yours.”

Vincent smiles: “I always do ma’am. Now if you girls will excuse me. I’ll send a guard over with the mics, I don’t trust you both and I need to keep an eye out on you at all times. So away with you both for now.”

Arianna snorts, standing up and purposely bumps into Vincent on her way out.

Vincent smiles: gazing at her and Coral who blows a kiss at his direction and waves, exiting the room with a giggling Arianna.

“I don’t trust those women.” He mumbles to himself, watching them exit his office as he takes a seat on the edge of his desk, smirking.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Dead Man's Path by Jamelet
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Dead Man’s Path~**

He feels the trembles coming from the men as the moaning and groaning of the zombies approach them.

“Ohhhh GOD!! I don’t wanna die like this.” Nick cries out, clinging on Kevin’s arm.

Kevin gulps, “Look, I have an idea. We stay close to each other and get near the walls, that way we can tell where they’re coming from. If anything use whatever you have on you to get them away from you ok?”

He could feel the others all move back, touching the wall behind them as they begin to quickly walk towards the back of the room. The moaning and groaning grew around them, sending Brian into shock.

Howie feels Brian grip his arm tightly as they make their way down the room. “Ow. Easy Brian, I’m gonna need this arm later.”

“So…sorry.” Brian chokes out.

“It’s ok.” Howie whispers out as they blindly march down the room.

A.J. feels Nick’s hand grip his shoulder blade tightly as he winces out in pain. “Damn boy…watch how you grab me or I’ll let the zombies play with you.” He chuckles, feeling a push from behind him. He could hear Nick suck his teeth, muttering something under his breath.

“Hey, no pushing Nick.” A.J. smirks.

“That’s not me touching you now.” Nick whispers out in the blinding dark.

“Why did you push me?”

“I told you, I didn’t touch you.” Nick grumbles, tripping over something in the dark.

“Stop playing around, yes you did. You grabbed my shoulder.”

“Nooo…I’m fine. I’m touching the wall, not you.” Nick grumbles feeling something cold and slimy to the left of him. Disgusted, he could smell the over powering odor of rotting flesh and blood, almost gagging him quickly. “There’s one here! I can smell it!”

“Kick it away!” Kevin yells out as the moaning of the walking undead echo in the room.

Nick does as told sending something to the ground. He feels his ankles grabbed as he shrieks out, kicking whatever held his ankle.

“AHHHH, you son of…” A.J. groans out, feeling the kick on his back, crashing to the floor. “You freaking idiot! You kicked me instead of the zombie!”

“Huh?” Nick calls out. Kevin stops the group, swatting a zombie away that was near by them. He could hear it groan and shuffle back in pain, crashing on the ground.

“The end should be around here. Are we at the end of the room?” Howie calls out.

Brian stumbles over something, crying out: “Holy crap!!! What is that?!”

“What’s what man?” A.J groans out, running a hand down his hurt back as they stare around blindly in the midnight dark.

“I…I…I fell on something. Oh God…I think it’s a corpse!” Brian cries out, scraping his nails on the walls to climb up. He could feel something wet and cold on his shirt as he struggles to catch up with the others. Kevin reaches the end of the room, blindly searching for a door. Smiling, his hands brush across a cool steel material and he searches for the handle of the door. Feeling the cold lever handle in his hand, he tugs on it hoping it would open. The sound of the moaning zombies creep closer to them all sending him to nervously pull on the door to escape.

“Come on…open!” Kevin whispers out, struggling to open the door.

He feels Nick and A.J. reach him, each helping Kevin at the door.

Brian trembles in fear as Howie exhales slowly, his heart racing a mile a minute.

“JUST OPEN ALREADY!” Nick yells out, kicking at the door. Suddenly the door groans out, sliding a crack open as Kevin places his fingers on the crack, yanking at the door to slide it open further. Nick and A.J. help along as Brian and Howie catch up to them.

Howie gulps, feeling a cold hand grip his ankle. Knowing it was a zombie by the sickening smell, he kicks at it blindly as the door slides open enough for them to go through. They all bomb-rush through the opening, racing down a faint lit hallway away from the walking zombies going after them.

“This hallway could lead us out of here and back up to the boss’s office.” Kevin yells out, turning around to see the guys running behind them as the zombies pick up pace chasing after them. They all race down the hallway, Kevin leading them up stairs. He rushes to the door at the top of the stairwell trying to open it but realizing he needed a code to open it and out of fear, he couldn’t think of the code at the moment. He gulps as the four men climb up the stairs, fear clouding them as the zombies make their way towards them.

“Open it! Open it!” A.J. calls out startled.

“I can…if I can remember the code.” Kevin whispers out, pressing down on the key pad on the side of the iron door.

“Well you better remember it now!” Brian cries out as a zombie begins to reach the stairwell they’re on.

“They’re moving fast now! We gotta get out of here!” Howie glances around, looking for anything to throw at them.

Kevin gulps, his heart hammering his chest as he closes his eyes, the tension and pressure getting to him. He sighs, hoping he could remember the code quickly for his life depended on it.
~*~
Coral breaths out: tucking in a Beretta in the gun holster on her hip. She adjusts her military jacket, gazing over at Arianna who was wrapping her long golden locks up in a spiral bun.

“I feel weird doing this.” Coral adjusts her belt, the gun pressing further into her thigh.

Arianna smiles, pouting her lips to apply some gloss and turning to blow a kiss at the camera. “Yo, you ever wonder who watches these videos? It’s gotta be a boring job, though if they’re watching in the morning.” Arianna pauses smiling, getting a giggle out of Coral, “Then they’re watching free exposure in my room.”

“See this is why I dress in the bathroom, cause there’s a bunch of pervs, I bet checking this out.” Coral mutters, pinning her dark locks up before placing a military cap over it. “It looks like we’re going to war or something dressed like this.”

Arianna giggles: winking at her. “I kinda like it. It makes me feel sexy in this. You know I bet some guys like women in uniform.”

Coral snorts, “Yeah, like someone I bet I know.”

Arianna laughs, nodding her head: “Oh yeah, big time.”

Coral grins, “Hey maybe we can him since we’re heading out.”

“Hmmmmmm…”

“What, you’re not still mad at him now are you?” Coral cuffs the sleeves of her military jacket, pulling on the black wife beater beneath it. She pulls on her dark black short skirt and smirks, slipping into black stilettos. “I feel confused dressing like this. But he wanted us to look appealing to the buyers so, this is what they’re getting.”

Arianna laughs, gazing at her partner: “Wow, if I wasn’t straight, I would have taken you down right now.”

Coral laughs, gathering another magnum and tossing a Beretta to Arianna.

Arianna catches it and tucks into the gun holster, clipping it on the fray belt of her tight black pants that seemed to capture all the smooth curves she encompassed.

Coral whistles and smirks: “Wow, you think if Vincent sees you in that, he’ll change his rules about women in general?”

Arianna turns to her, fixing her black lace halter top she managed to ask one of the guards to buy for her. Giggling, she nods and slips on an army jacket, fixing her black sandals. “Of course, I mean I know he has a thing for us. And don’t think I don’t notice him checking us out, especially you miss smooth.”

Coral crinkles her nose, heading to the exit of the door. “You don’t think that now do you? I mean he looks at us like he wants to bang us and ravage our bodies.”

“So what’s wrong with that?” Arianna teases, getting a laugh out of Coral.

“You’re right. There isn’t a damn thing wrong with that. Man he’s hot. How does a guy like that not have a woman in his life? See you know I figured out what’s wrong with him?”

Arianna smirks, gazing at Coral curiously: “What’s that?”

“He needs a nice piece of booty. He needs to get his mind on that instead of selling that stuff. Cause he’s too good looking to be hiding out.”

Arianna begins laughing, clutching her sides at the thought of that: “You’re so right on that. Man, he’s so lickable and scrumpalicious. I wouldn’t mind getting a piece of that.”

Coral burst out laughing, opening the suite door to step out. She gulps, closing her mouth at the sight of a solider glaring at her, pointing a rifle at them.

“Let’s go. I’m to drop you off at the place.” The bass toned man rasps out, his chocolate complexion glittered in the dim lights above him as he points the gun down the hallway to their left.

Arianna still giggling, gathers her blade; “Hey Co…” She pauses to see the guard stepping into the room, eyeing her. “Let’s move. We don’t have all night.”

Arianna nods, straightening up as she brushes pass the man, feeling the cold rifle brush pass her thighs. She locks eyes with the dark eyed man who seemed to glare at her, the impatience noted clearly in his eyes.

Rolling her eyes, she heads out of the room as the guard leads them down the hallway taking them down series of stairwells. Arianna smirks and pokes Coral on the side of her ribs: “Hey let’s ditch this puck. He’s rude. I don’t wanna be around him.” She whispers out to Coral who smirks.

“I think there’s a corner we can turn at the end of this hallway.” Coral grins staying over a meter behind the guard who begins picking up pace almost leaving them both behind.

“Man, he’s in a rush.” Arianna grumbles, her heels echo down the hallway as she winces and grumbles. “Who’s moronic idea was it to wear heels?”

“Yours.” Coral smirks, her skirt clinging to her.

“Oh right, well that’s a brilliant idea then.” Arianna smiles: walking down the hallway.

“There’s a corner. Let’s turn here.” Coral whispers out, turning to her left walking down a pathway. Arianna glances ahead to see the guard was opening the garage to board the parked black SUV.

“We’re clear. Let’s go.” Arianna whispers, ushering Coral down the corner, walking down a pathway.

Coral perks her eyes as the sound of yelling coming from somewhere around her. “You hear that?”

“Yeah…” Arianna narrows her eyes, pulling out her Berretta. “Sounds like someone in trouble.”

“Sure does.” Coral pulls out her black magnum, leading them down the pathway where the yelling was heard more clearly.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HELP US! I DON’T WANNA DIE!” Shrieked a masculine voice nearby behind an arc threshold door.

Coral gulps, nervously glancing at Arianna: “That, that kind of sounds like A.J. doesn’t it?”

Arianna nods slowly, licking her lips slowly: “Sounds like its coming from down the stairs.”

Coral gulps and quickly descends down a row of wide cement staircases one after another watching the cement bricked walls closing around her taking her into a dark room. Gasping, she steps down the hallway hearing Arianna catching up.

“Damn, it’s too dark. I can’t see my butt cheeks and you know its dark cause my cheeks haven’t seen the sight of sun for while.” Arianna jokes, trying to relieve some of the tension from the screaming that seemed to flood around them as they approach closer down the dark hallway. Using her hands, she guides herself down the hallway, hearing Coral gasp and hits something in front of her.
“Ohhhhh… hey you ok Coral?”

“Ouch, I hit a door. It’s cement. Whatever is behind that door has the screaming.” Coral gazes around blindly, looking for something to light up.

“Wait…I think I have a lighter somewhere.” Arianna mumbles, searching blindly down her pockets to pull out a red lighter.

“You have lighter?”

“Yeah, well I don’t smoke or anything, but I figured I might as well have it on me since it has fire, hehe.”

“Ari you lost it girl.”

“No…well ok, I’m almost there…” Arianna smirks nervously, hoping that whatever was behind the door wouldn’t cause her nightmares. “Ok, Coral, step back, let me see what we have.”

Coral inches back as Arianna holds the open lighter, casting an eerie glow on the door. “Yup… it looks locked I think.”

“Maybe we can shoot through it.” Coral raises her magnum, firing off a few shots.

Arianna giggles and kicks open the door: “Nice aim girl.”

“Hehe, thanks. Question…why are we down here anyway?”

“I don’t know. I was following you. Plus you heard screaming right? Don’t you wanna know who’s screaming?”

“Ummmm…I don’t know now.” Coral gulps, following Arianna into the room. Immediately they were surrounded by a strong vile decaying scent that seemed to cloth the entire area.

“What the hell is this place?” Arianna whispers, gagging and coughing, spitting on the floor to her side.

“God…it reeks of death…looks like some place where the bodies are taken maybe after the initiation.” Coral gags out, covering her nose as she looks around blindly. She steps into the room, hearing an object roll pass her foot. Squeaking out, she jumps and looks around in the utter darkness. The silence now clothed them as Arianna raises her lighter before her, guiding her through the darkness.

Gasping, Arianna gulps down the rising food she had eaten earlier as the wretched decaying scent clothes her. The two women struggle to look around in the little light coming from the lighter as the rows of empty body bags scattered before them down the small cement platform they’re on. “It looks like it was recently used, the bags.”

“I know…” Coral whispers out, holding her nose as she shakily holds a gun in her hands.

“This way. Down here. Look at all this.” Arianna whispers out, stepping down the three round stairs off the platform.

“This is disgusting…It’s so sick.” Coral mumbles out, glancing around. “It’s too quiet down here.”

A loud creaking sound was heard far off as the guard that was with them before hand steps behind them in the room. “What the f…” He pauses getting intercepted by the women.

“Shhh…” Coral hisses out, glaring at the guard.

“You’re not supposed to be here! Get out or I’ll report you to Vincent.” The guard growls out, holding his rifle out.

“If you kill us you’ll be in deeper trouble. Vincent needs us for delivery…Don’t you see it’s so obvious…You’re a smart man right? You should see the necessity in needing us.” Arianna smiles: batting her eyes.

The guard snorts, holding the main entrance open on the platform: “Get out…you have a job to do then.”

“Fine, fine…” Arianna grumbles out loud as she about to step out of the room when a deep groan vibrates down the hallway.

“Okay…well, I’m guessing that’s not you huh?” Arianna smiles: getting the guard angry.

“Move lady.”

“Wait…I hear it too. What is that sound?” Coral whispers, looking around blindly in the dark. Arianna steps close to her, holding the lighter in her hand.

“Please tell me that’s not what I think it is.” Arianna whispers out as the guard snorts and steps next to her.

“It’s time.” The guard murmurs, shivering from the sudden fright that crossed his face.

“Uhhhh…ummm…want to tell us about that?” Coral whispers out nervously.

“Get out!” The guard moves back to the front door.

“What’s making that sound?” Arianna asks, stepping down the platform and heading down the three steps.

“You don’t wanna know. Now GET OUT!” The guard shouts out, getting aggravated.

Coral snorts and follows Arianna down the stairs to see a strange figure lying on the side of the wall. “Shine the light to that thing over there. What’s that?”

Arianna holds the lighter over a slouching decaying figure and gasps in fright. “Holy…”

Coral gasps, gazing at the decaying body, flies swarming over the corpse’s face. “What…what happened to that person? There’s too many body bags lying around, why isn’t that body in there?”

“Maybe…something happened with the corpses.” Arianna murmurs, shining the lighter lower on the body.

A loud shallow groan echoes in the room as the women look up to see a zombie approach them.

On instant, Arianna pulls out her pistol, shooting at the staggering figure approaching.

“It’s not dying!” Coral screams out, exhaling.

“Like I couldn’t figure that out.” Arianna grumbles, seeing the zombie stumble and collapse on the ground, moaning one last time before it lies still.

The guard growls out: “Look at what you did! You’ll call more of them when you do that! I’m getting out of here, if you want to search this place then have fun, I’m out.” And with that the guard exits the room, going through the broken door.

Coral gulps and looks around: “Ari…let’s just go. We’ll come back here later to check this out. But we have to go that delivery or we won’t be in this gang at all.”

“Alright. I hear ya. Let’s go then.” And the women exit the room, anxiety clouding their very thoughts.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
An Outbreak Source by Jamelet
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~An Outbreak Source~**

He could hear the distant moaning behind him as the five men clamber up the stairs, fear seizing their souls. He could hear Nick running up the stairs as a zombie decrypted in flesh grabs the fair headed man’s ankle sending him sprawling forward to land on the stairs in front of him.

“Oof.” Nick moans out, struggling to kick away the grip the zombie had on him. A.J. finds a small chipped tile off the base of the stairwell and quickly thrusts it into the zombie’s back, watching it howl and moan as it collapses on the ground. A.J. stands in horror as the oozing dark almost black blood begins spilling from the zombie’s wound, reaching the tips of his white sneakers.

“EGH!” He backs away horrified, hearing the shuffles of the approaching zombies. “We need to get out of here!!!” He shouts out shivering, gulping down the terror that lurked in his spine.

Brian sighs out, “He’s working on it. He’s gotta remember the code.”

“Well remember it now!” Nick groans out, struggling to stand up as Howie offers a hand and lifts the man back on his feet. “Thanks.”

“No problem. So Kevin…you said that room will lead back to the leader’s place right?” Howie dusts his jeans off as Kevin sighs, nodding his head.

“Yeah. This normally wouldn’t be a problem in remembering the code but today is too distracting. I can’t recall it.”

“This is wonderful! Thanks a lot man!” A.J. hisses out, seeing a trail of zombies meters from reaching them on the stairwell.

“What about guns? Kevin do you have any weapons we can defend ourselves with? Maybe we can shoot some zombie brains in turn of saving our lives.” Howie props his weary legs on the railing of the stairs, exhaling.

“Hey Michael’s right. We need weapons if those things are out there to get us.” Brian whispers, gulping as the trail of the slowly hungry undead crawl and walk towards them.

“When we get out of here, I’ll go see about getting all of you something to defend yourself with.” Kevin tries to desperately concentrate on what the four numbers of the code could be. He gazes at the taunting key pad, its white ivory square number buttons glimmer gently in the faint light given off in the hallway. He tried a code, pushing four different numbers but received a computer generated female voice:

“Sorry that is incorrect. Please try again. Push zero before beginning and dial the four digit access code followed by the pound enter symbol.”

A.J. grumbles: obviously shaken up by the entire outbreak of events slowly dwelling in his mind. Gulping, he watches a zombie sneak up behind Brian, ready to take a bite of him as A.J. kicks the zombie’s head, his foot caving in. In complete horror and shock, all watch as A.J. pulls his foot out of the zombie’s head, the entire white sneaker drenched in now a colored crimson red.

Howie turns around in shock and smiles to see A.J. gasping out in disgust.

“You’re really saving our butts A.J. Thanks man.” Brian graciously responds.

A.J. simply nods, “No problem.”

Howie faces Kevin who was beyond aggravated with the coding system. “Can’t remember it, can you?”

Kevin gulps, eying the others keeping guard at the ever slowly marching soldier of zombies. “No…I don’t get it. I’ve been pushing the same code that was placed for that room and nothing. I just don’t get it… Maybe…” He continues playing around with the buttons as the herd of zombies reach the first step, sending the other three men to race up to the top of the stairs.

Howie gulps: watching a shivering Nick and shaking Brian cry out to hurry up. A.J. remained silent, the shock wearing thin on him as he closes his eyes and begins rocking himself for comfort with crossed arms.

“Think they’ll follow us upstairs?” Howie murmurs watching Kevin scratch his head, a mixed expression crossing his face.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders and closes his eyes, recalling the four digit access code to enter the reanimation room as it was called lying behind the lofty iron door. Quickly pressing his fingers on the key pad, he hears the slight buzzing as a green dim light blinks on for entrance, sitting above the door. He sighs out a sigh of relief when the door begins sliding open. The other men charge up the stairs as the zombies seem to keep pace behind them moaning and eager to grab some flesh.

The door begins to slide open as Kevin squeezes through the opening slot of the threshold. He could hear laughing from the others as they all scramble to race towards the door, all entering a rather technological quarter. The door slides shut centimeters away from the approaching zombies as they bash into the door, groaning and yelling something incoherent, pounding on the door to be let in. A rather harsh white fluorescent light lit up the room to reveal vacant metal shelves and cabinets up against the walls of the room. About six medical tables were scattered throughout the room all empty except one that seemed to have a body under a sheet.

Kevin gulps, backing away from the door as the others do the same: all too terrified to say anything at the moment.

“What…what did you say this room was called?” Howie whispers out, the pounding of the zombies on the other side of the door causes him to jolt in surprise.

“Reanimation room.” Kevin slowly speaks out, watching the others speculate the title.

“Can I ask why that name?” Brian steps forward, the echoes of the metal tiles vibrate in the vacant room.

“Normally this is the place where those things are brought in.” Kevin whispers, pointing to the iron door, the sounds of the dead groaning out.

Nick gulps, “Brought in?”

Kevin nods: “Yeah…to try to reprogram them. Cause in case you didn’t know, they’re all useless right now only wanting to satisfy their hunger. But here, one can control those zombies.”

“Wait…you mean it’s possible to take those freaks…those corpses and fully control them?” Brian asks nervously, not liking any of the ideas thrown at him. He only wanted to be with his family, now he feared he may never see them again.

“Dear God…hence the reanimation room huh? This is splendid.” A.J. exhales, leaning on a clothed medical table where a body was hidden beneath.

Kevin nods, “Yeah to a point before instincts take over and they have to be wasted. Either way, it doesn’t matter.”

“So this is the secret then? This is why all of this stuff was kept under wraps…” Howie whispers out, jumping at the sound of the pounding of the zombies behind the iron door.

Kevin smirks: “Yeah…it’s a hell of a ride to be honest with you.”

“I can tell.” Howie whispers out, watching A.J. back into the clothed medical table. “Watch out A.J.”

But A.J. didn’t heed his warning in time as he tumbles over the table, the white starch sheet tangled on his legs as he rolls over the table, landing on his knees. Slowly standing up, he was quickly introduced with the foul stench of decaying flesh. “OHHHH… GOD…” He yells out, backing away from the dead corpse, its head scalped open to see the furnished remained of the grey matter that once was the brain.

The others gasp and quickly cover their noses as Kevin strides over to the table, throwing the thrown sheet over the body. “Guess this body was getting worked on.”

“Why? Why would anyone do this?!” Brian cries out.

“I don’t know.” Kevin whispers, “Figured if something too dangerous came up the best would be to rely on victims that can be controlled. Maybe like the whole brain-washed thing, where you can solely rely on the slave to do what is given.”

“That’s a sick mentality then.” Howie whispers, shivering at the thought of the corpse hidden beneath the sheet.

“Can we get out of here now?” Nick chokes out, shaking from the recent events that plague him.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Kevin begins leading the group down the hallway of the room when a loud moaning echoed from behind them.

Gulping, Nick shivers, turning around: “Oh no…no, no. That can’t be one of them.”

A.J. peers down the hallway behind them, watching the room the way they left it. Nothing was wrong with it until Howie pointed it out.

“Where’s the body on the table?”

Brian wraps his arms around himself, shivering: “Please tell me you’re joking on that. That can’t be possible. We were just in there.”

Howie gazes at Kevin intently, before clearing his throat: “You don’t think it woke up now do you?” He whispers out in fright, digging through his jeans pocket to find nothing to defend himself with.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Kevin quietly states, taking a step back towards the room. Howie in curiosity, follows behind him stepping back into the room. He scans the perimeter of the room noting nothing out of the ordinary until he sees Kevin lower down, a shock look crossing his face.

Howie follows the man’s gaze to see the body that was on the table was now capable of standing and staring menacingly back at him. The naked zombie stares at them with empty eye sockets, its stringy dark hair lied matted down its shoulders as it clearly shown it was once male, the remains of the genitalia showing. Howie shivers, tugging on Kevin’s shirt: “Let’s just go. It won’t hurt us if we move now. We can outrun it.”

Kevin nods, standing up straight as he sees the zombie hiss out and leaps towards them, almost flying in the air towards their direction. Howie looks around and sees a dingy wooden table in the corner of the dimly lit room, racing towards it to break off a piece of the furniture leg. He watches the zombie land on Kevin, straddling him as its green and grey fleshy hands grip his throat. Kevin struggles to move, kicking helplessly as the zombie strength seemed almost supernatural, too strong for even him to move. Moving in a flash, Howie grips the wooden leg and jabs it through the zombie’s back, penetrating through it slowly ripping: leaking flesh and bodily fluids flood out as Kevin cries out in utter disgust, sliding out of the creature’s way. Kevin takes Howie’s hand, standing up as the corpse collapses dead on the ground, no longer moving in vain.

Kevin eyes Howie, whispering out “a thanks” before slowly heading back to join the others.

“Your welcome.” He responds back, hoping he could break the wall that Kevin had built since his arrival in the gang.

Kevin walks back down the hallway, evacuating the room immediately with Howie closely following behind.

Brian smiles at Howie: “Thanks for helping him out.”

“Hey that’s ok. No problem.” Howie smiles nervously as A.J. snorts: rolling his eyes.

“Trying to take my glory away I see Howie. Go ahead, in fact you have the next zombie as well. Maybe that time you won’t be so lucky and will me need to help you out.” A.J. scoffs out, leaning against the wall as Howie simply brushes off the rude comment.

Nick narrows his eyes, “A.J. leave him alone. He was just helping out. Why you so pissed off with the guy anyway?”

“I don’t want to talk about it here Nick. I’ll tell you later man.” A.J. disgustingly scans Howie as he begins to walk down the hallway to explore along with Brian and Kevin.

Nick frowns: “I’m sure he didn’t mean that dude.” He gazes over to Howie who just nods.

“Thanks. It’s ok. Guess he has a thing out for me?”

“Probably. Who cares though right, watch him needing your help and he’ll change his attitude.” Nick smirks, following the group along with the others.

Howie sighs, running a hand threw his hair, shaking his head, knowing it has been a rough day for him and highly doubt it could get anymore worse than it is now.
~*~

The SUV parks at the corner as the evening sun begins to settle down: a cold breeze filters down the street of the exchange place as the guard gazes at the women. “You’re both to enter that ramshackle hut at the corner. People start arriving in about a half and hour so you gotta get your stuff together. Remember you are being watched at all times and if anything goes wrong, you’re left here alone to deal with it.”

“Why thanks. I feel encouraged now.” Coral responds out nastily, getting a giggle out of Arianna.

The guard shrugs his shoulders, leaning across Coral to open the passenger side door: “Get out, both of you. I’ll come back in about an hour from now. Time now is six thirty two, be out here at seven thirty two no later and we can head back. If you deal well with this task, the boss will reward you heavily with a payment.”

“Payment as in money?” Arianna leans forward from the back seat.

“Depends on what the boss is feeling.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Coral growls out.

“What it’s intended for. Now get out or I’ll push you out.” The guard grumbles out, pushing the passenger seat door open and before Coral could see what he was doing, she was shoved out of her seat as she trips and lands on her knees out of the vehicle.

Arianna growls, ready to swing at him when he pulls out a revolver and cocks it at her head. “Touch me and I’ll kill you right now. I’m not afraid of women and I won’t hesitate to hit one if she pisses me off.”

“Wow, a real ladies man I see.” Arianna spits out, sliding out of the back side door to see Coral cursing and flipping the guard off. The moment she steps out of the vehicle the SUV speeds off, leaving them alone.

“Can you believe that bastard?! He pushed me off the seat like trash!” Coral begins ranting as Arianna gently calms the woman down.

“Shhh…” Arianna whispers out, cocking her Beretta with a smile: “He’ll pay for that later.”

“Good.” Coral smirks as they head their way towards the poorly constructed hut located in the corner of the sidewalk.

“So people come here for the drugs…” Coral whispers out, reaching the open threshold of the arc doorway.

“Looks like it. I have some of the stuff on me. You?” Arianna whispers out.

“Yeah, in my pockets, safe and sound.”

“K.” Arianna smiles, gazing around the small tranquil room, it was only one small area covered in antique wood of all kinds, from the walls, ceiling and even to the floor they’re on. A counter spreads out in the back of them while small round tables aligned both sides of the hut, leaving the center free and capable for people to move about.

Sighing, Coral realized they were the only two people in there and it was beginning to bother her. “You would think someone owns this place right? Why isn’t anyone here besides us?”

Arianna shrugs her shoulders, holding the gun in her left hand as she scans the rest of the room. “Maybe they set it up this way. I mean this is still a test for us. Maybe the owner of the place is out for the time being and the gang uses this at their advantage.”

“Maybe…but still. Nothing is adding up with this place.”

“Oh hush you. Must you assume something bad will come from this? I say with this successful task on our hands, we’ll be like honey to the bees there and you know the queen always has the say, hehe.” Arianna grins, getting a laugh out of Coral.

“Loving that idea.” Coral smiles: gazing around the small area. Suddenly she stands up startled at a strange sound erupting from the inner room. “Did…did you hear that?”

Arianna nods, standing still to hear more closely: “What is making that noise?”

A haunting heavy groaning vibrates the room as a walking corpse appears out of the windows, climbing in towards them. Arianna gasps, firing at the corpse as it drops dead to the ground before her.

Coral turns around towards the entrance in time to see a pair of zombies each decaying and hideous in their way as they moan and reach out towards them. Gulping the urge to regurgitate at the moment from the foul stench, she nervously steps back, pulling out her revolver and shooting a zombie straight in the head. The zombie drops to the ground dead as the other one approaches them.

Arianna shoots this one in between the eyes, watching the bullet slam into the grey flesh sending pieces of flesh and blood to splatter before them. The zombie crashes to the ground as the room echoes loudly, the windows of the hut breaking open as more zombies begin to file in. The entrance of the hut was suddenly filled with a crowd of decaying dead.

“We’re surrounded!” Coral squeaks out, shaking in fright as Arianna gulps.

“This was a set up! That bastard Vincent! He wanted us to die! Sent us here thinking it’s a drug exchange only to kill us off!” Arianna growls out: firing at the oncoming zombies.

The two women continue shooting off the zombies until Arianna gulps, eyeing her partner. “We’re in trouble now.”

“Huh?” Coral whispers, firing her last round of bullets into a few zombies inches away from her.

“We’re out of bullets.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Breaking New Ground by Jamelet
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Breaking New Ground~**

A.J. grumbles, scuffing the grey ground beneath him. The dim white lights glowed faintly on him as he walks ahead of the group, grumbling under his breath.

Brian rolls his eyes, nudging Nick: “Go find out what’s wrong with him?”

Nick snorts, shaking his head as he gulps hearing a distant moaning sound that sends shivers down his back. “N…no. I’m not gonna talk to him. It’s not like he knows me to tell me.”

“Dude, just do it.” Brian whispers, gently pushing Nick towards A.J.

Kevin walks in the center of the group, his gaze on every movement around him. “Shhh…guys you hear that?”

Howie nervously answers: “I think that could be more of those things out there.”

“NO! Don’t say that. I, I can’t take more of those things.” Nick mumbles, shivering.

A.J. gulps, looking around. “Shhh…I hear them…they’re near by.” He creeps closer to Howie silently getting behind the man. Sticking his hand out to touch his shoulder, he shrieks out as Howie yells in fright and dashes away petrified.

A.J.’s taunting laughing howls out as he claps his hands, smirking at the man. “Wow, would you look at that? You can sound like a little bit…”

Kevin intercepts him quickly as a loud groaning shatters down the dimly lit hallway.

“Guys…” Brian gulps, “We’re not armed and if those things are out there…what makes you think we can get away without getting hurt?”

Nick shivers, crossing his arms over his chest as he glances around the area. “Please tell me that’s not what I think it is…”

Howie sends a glare over to the tattooed man before looking around.

“Hehe, aww, is Michael scared of the living dead?” A.J. hisses out, leaning on the wall.

Kevin frowns, “Both you need to stop, whatever is out there is coming for us. We need to get the hell out of here and see Vincent.”

“Ha! Are you kidding me?! That man probably set this whole thing up to get rid of us!” Brian shouts out, “I’m not going. There’s no need to go after him when he has his slaves doing it for him.”

“You should all be grateful he didn’t kill you.” Kevin whispers out.

Brian snorts: “You kidding me right? What about that little episode he had back at his office that he threatened us with a gun? I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t rely on him.”

Howie sighs, “We’ll need weapons, something to defend ourselves with.”

“Duh, no kidding man. And how do you suggest we go about doing that?” A.J. mockingly murmurs.

“What’s your problem with me?! Lie off me dammit!” Howie snarls out, cracking his knuckles.

A.J. snorts, “Ohh I’m so afraid of you shorty. What you gonna do, kick me in my kneecaps?”

Kevin slams A.J. against the wall, growling: “I don’t have time for this. Either you both shut up and work together or you’re both on your own. I don’t have time to watch over you. There’s some freaky stuff going on in here and I don’t have the patience or time for the both of ya.”

Nick gulps, leaning against the wall as a strange silhouette passes behind Kevin. “Ke…Ke…Kevin!” He frantically points to the wall across from him as the others all gaze at it confused.

“What? What is it?” Kevin whispers out.

“There’s something in here with us.” Nick chokes out, shivering.

Howie gulps, scanning around him as the shadow crosses over them from above. “It looks like there’s a ledge up there to the first level. Maybe its some of the members and they can tell where to go.”

Kevin scans around him, “I doubt it. Security doesn’t guard these premises here. We’ll need something to defend ourselves with and now. The zombies are growing in numbers and the more there is, the more we’re bound to get caught by one of them.”

“Oh wow, thanks a lot for the encouraging words.” A.J. murmurs out, shivering at the sound of the pitiful groans coming from around them.

Brian gulps slowly, stepping back from the group as he sees a shadow of human shape creeping around the hallway they’re in. “Who…who’s there?” He chokes out, indicting to the shadow crossing the walls behind Kevin.

Kevin narrows his eyes, stiffing up as he gulps to hear soft shuffling coming down the hallway.

Nick shivers slightly, his skin paling at the thought of the something appearing before them. They all stare down the hallway they came from, watching to see the shadow inch closer to the corner to turn to their direction.

Howie intakes air, afraid of exhaling as his eyes remained glued the corner of the hallway. The figure remained hidden in the darkness of the hallways as it approaches them moaning out in agony. Suddenly from the ledge above them an ocean of groans and moans erupt as the living dead begins to drop down on the ground level where they are.

Nick cries out, quivering as Kevin gasps watching more than twenty of the zombies slowly surround them.

Brian gasps, “Noo…nooo this can’t end this way.”

A round of shots go off around them as the zombies scream dropping to the ground lifeless. The figure from the corner steps closer to the light, shooting off the rest of the zombies crawling and grabbing at the five men.

Brian yells out, gasping as a decaying grey fleshed foul odor hand clung to his shirt sending him to shriek out in fear. Nick squeaks out as a zombie clinging to his arm was shot off, leaving only the remains of the grey fleshed arm and hand still on his skin.

“AHHHH, get it off me!” Nick shakes his arm, watching the zombie hand topple off him, landing on the ground besides its deceased master.

A.J. shivers as a crawling zombie grabbed for his upper thigh, the dead hand prints seemed to burn through his black jeans as he jumps and yells out, cursing and kicking the limb off him.

Howie watches a zombie drop dead before him inches away from yanking at his arm to take a bite. Kevin gulps nervously to view their savior as the rest do the same.

“Vincent…” Kevin whispers out, locking eyes on their boss, the man’s dark eyes gleam in the faint light.

“I thought I heard yelling down here, figured I should investigate.” Vincent’s deep bass voice vibrates down the hollow hallways.

“Yeah well what the hell did you think you were gonna hear, laughing?” A.J. retorts angrily, clutching his fists to his side.

Nick and Brian remain quiet, shuddering as they stand besides each other with Howie stepping forward of the group.

“You seem ungrateful for me saving your lives.” Vincent smiles: locking his silver magnum in place as he holds it in his hands with the head of the pistol pointing up to the ceiling.

“We’ve just been through a lot of stuff. Why didn’t you inform of the experiments?” Kevin whispers out, glaring at the boss.

Vincent smirks: “What I do is my business. Who the hell are you that I should confine in?”

A.J. growls out, releasing a string of profanities as he struggles to reach the man, but is held back strongly by Nick and Brian.

“A companion I thought. But I guess I was wrong.” Kevin murmurs out, crossing his arms across his chest.

“Exactly. You all have a duty to fulfill. You don’t think because I gave you special privileges that you automatically become my ‘little buddy’ I have far better things to do then to make friends.” Vincent sneers, holding the magnum in his right hand as he tucks it away. Tugging on his muscle black shirt, he licks his lips and smiles: “There is an easier way to get out of this section of this floor.” The faint lights hitting his bald head as it glimmers dully from the reflection.

“Well we should feel flattered you want to help us.” Kevin hisses out, stepping away from Vincent.

Vincent simply laughs, shaking his head as he whips out his pistol aiming it at Kevin’s forehead: “Why must you all have the last word in an argument? This is my party and what I say goes. Understood. If you don’t like it, tough. Deal with it cause its my world. Welcome boys to the real dirty truth. You’re all picked to serve me and when I’m through with you all, I’ll change you into my workers. My workers that seem to have a mind of their owns when it comes to the living.”

“You sick fu…” A.J. begins saying as Howie intercepts him, eyeing Vincent maliciously.

“I don’t really know what’s going on here. But we’re all in danger. Those things are multiplying and need to be stop before they reach surface.” Howie calmly whispers out, watching Vincent smirk.

“It’s a little for that now isn’t it? They have been on the surface for the past thirty minutes, gaining in population as they are sent to do their assigned duties. I have big plans my boy with the drug industry. Pandora’s box will be a out-seller compared to any other drugs out there. And you all will live long enough to see the growth of this gang. When I’m down with you all, you will work with me even after I kill you. So you see boys, there really isn’t anything you can do at this point, except you belong to me and that is that.” Vincent growls out, tucking the magnum away. “So if you excuse me now, I have to reload. And by the way boys, you’re welcome.” He sneers, roughly brushing past Kevin and the others ahead of him.

Kevin gulps, eyeing the others as A.J. gulps, pushing past Howie on purpose to walk down the way they were heading and where Vincent dashed off to.

“Holy crap. What the hell are we involved in now?” Nick breathes out, shaking his head as he slowly follows A.J. down the hallway.

Brian eyes Kevin, shaking his head: “We’re gonna die aren’t we?”

“Don’t say that.” Howie whispers, shivering from the thought of it.

Kevin shrugs: “I don’t know anymore. Vincent is the only one to rely on and yet he’s against us.”

“Great. More things to worry about. This day just keeps getting better and better.” Brian quietly states, following the other two down the hallway.

“And for you Michael…” Kevin eyes him smiling: “Or Howie. However you chose to be called, I’m sorry you got involved. I tried warning you, but you didn’t listen. Now we may both never see the station again, ‘cause you sought out to be a hero.”

“Kev…come on. I wanted to save you.” Howie pleas out, watching Kevin drop his head as he shuffles behind the other men.

“How funny that is, you came to save me but who’s gonna save you?” He states, following behind the others as Howie gulps, dropping his head.
~*~

Arianna growls as Coral’s pistol makes a vacant sound, singling them that it’s empty.

“AWWW DAMNMIT!” Arianna growls out, watching the decaying corpses tumble and collapse around them as more enter the main entrance coming for them.

“So now what? We’re out of bullets and I doubt a knife to their heads will work.

Arianna smirks backing away hitting the mahogany counter behind her. “Fire.”

“Fire? With what?”

“Look around you Coral. The tables, chairs, anything you can use and we’ll needs a way to start it up.” Arianna mumbles as the moans grow incessantly tiring to their fragile ears. “If they don’t shut up, I’ll lose my mind.” Arianna growls out, cursing quietly under her breath as she begins to kicking at a table leg, breaking it off.

Coral quickly goes along to gather wood placing it on the wooden counter.

Arianna giggles finding a hidden stash of alcoholic drinks in a paper bag, hidden behind the counter. “This could help out.” She grins, dumping the drinks on the furniture, the now sodden wood was ready to burn.

The moans of the ever increasing zombies, begins to increases as more being ascending the hut, climbing down the windows and others crawling through the front entrance.

“There should a back exit to this place. I’ll go check it out as you start the fire.” Coral hurries off, dashing down the hallway behind the counter, leading her to another vacant hallway at the end of it. Sighing, she spots a door and pushes on it seeing it swing open as she begins to grin. “YES! ARI! I found the exit!” She yells out to her friend as she races back to the front of the hut to see Arianna lighting up a dusty match littered on the floor behind the counter.

“Alright. I’m coming. Let me light this sucker up and we’re out of here.” Arianna smirks, watching the tiny orange glow from the match in her hands as she gazes at her friend. “On three we’re out of here and running through the exit got it?”

“Got it.” Coral whispers, preparing to dash down the hallway as Arianna mouths out:

“Three.” And the match crashes to the floor, setting a storm of fire to blast from the wooden furniture, quickly spreading around the hut as the zombies scream out and get caught in the burning flames.

Coral without a second thought, peels off running for her life as she hears Arianna inches behind her as the hut begins to shake, groaning as the fire begins to grow.

“There’s the door!” Coral turns the corner of the lighted hallway, slamming open the creaking door to set them free. She dashes out of there as she and Arianna run and throw themselves on the ground as the hut explodes behind them, the burning heat touching their sensitive flesh.

Coral cover her head with her arms as she sits up on her knees, turning back to see the burning mess of the hut, the ravaging fire eating the dead zombies, hungrily devouring the rotting corpses along its way.

Arianna sits up, her knees digging the mossy dirt ground beneath as she shakily stands up for a gulp of air, coughing as the smell of moldering smoke greets them.

Coral quickly stands up, gasping for air as she locks eyes on her partner. “Guess we gotta walk back to the place.”

“Doesn’t matter to me. I’ll be so pissed off, I’ll need the time to think of ways of tearing Vincent apart for pure fun and torture. So I’m all set.” Arianna glances over, sending a smug look over to Coral.

“Well good. I think we’ll need the time to get some fresh air so we plot ways of getting rid of Vincent and his gang anyway. Wonder if Howie knows about Vincent and these zombies?” Coral begins walking away from the burning hut, her shorts breaths fighting for air as the suffocating smoke invades around them.

“I’m sure he does. I wanna know what the hell is going on and why are the dead now living? None of this will make any sense, I just know it. And when I get my hands on Vincent, my gun will laugh in his face.” She growls out, clumping her way through the dreary sidewalk, the heavy trees seem to bare down on them as they make their way back to the gang of Eclipses.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Deadly Wrath by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”


**~Deadly Wrath ~**

She enters the dark murky hallways, anger fanning her steps as she grips the empty magnum in her right hand. Her golden tresses stick wet with sweat against her neck and forehead as she pounds down the endless hallways with its intricate twists and turns. She sees the same familiar stairwell that held the corpses as a sick mortuary and kicks open the door, growling.

“Ari! What the hell is wrong with you?” Coral angrily yells out from behind.

“When I see him, I’ll break every freaking limb he’s known to have.” She hisses out, her eyes glowering as her fists curl tightly.

“Arianna this is ridiculous, let’s get out of here. We’ll find Howie and get the hell out of here before it’s too late.” Coral grabs her partner’s arm nudging her away from the decaying arc threshold.

Arianna plasters a sick smile across her lips, stepping away from the foul odor. “Fine. I want to know where he is anyway.” She grumbles, running back up the stairs swiftly, her feet pounding the ground beneath her.

Coral sighs and races behind her partner hoping that Arianna will not endanger them further with her anger.
~*~

He leads the men down the decrypted pathway, the walls seemingly moaning and crying in pain, the groans emitting from the zombies far off. Vincent smiles: quietly walking ahead of them as they all whisper and shoot darting glances at the man in front of them.

“You have a lot to explain Vincent.” Kevin growls out from behind him.

“Do I really now? Cause you all owe me the way I see it. I saved you and this is the way I get treated, such respect for the man that saved your life. Perhaps I was being too nice by letting you go on your little retreat for behavior, I suggest you cancel those plans for the time being. Your attitude and actions today proved other wise.” Vincent mockingly whispers out. A grin plastered on his handsome face as his built muscled arms bulged through the ripped black t-shirt he’s wearing.

Kevin curses under his breath, backing away as they all continue to trail down what seemed like another tunnel. A.J. glances back at Howie and smirks, sticking out his foot as the man steps forward. Howie not noticing, stumbles over A.J.’s foot and growls out.

A.J. smirks, chuckling: “Ohh you should be more careful now. Don’t wanna see ya hurt yourself you know.”

Howie mutters a profanity under his breath as he pushes A.J. hard on his shoulders: “I’ve been putting up with you for the past hours with your attitude problems. But I’m close to hurting you and taking that tongue of yours to wipe my butt with it. So…” He pushes A.J. again on the shoulder as A.J. snorts and pushes him back.

“Ha, what? You think I’m afraid of your short a…” A.J. stops as an agonizing moan erupts loudly from the walls.

“They’re around us. Getting us to their trap.” Vincent whispers.

Nick sniffs, growling out a curse under his breath: “This doesn’t make any sense! What the hell is going? You’re sick man!” He lashes out at Vincent.

Vincent simply laughs, slapping the man across his cheek hard: “Shut the hell up. I didn’t ask for your opinion. You need my help to live. Only I can protect you from those things out. Unless however you want to do that on your own, cause if that’s the case, then I’m out of here. I know the way out and you don’t.”

Brian gulps, eyeing Nick gently who seemed stunned from the slap. Nick rubs his cheek painfully glaring at Vincent as he takes a step back.

“How did you know we were here?” Brian whispers out, the moaning ceases to stop for a moment, leaving them in silence, their soft breathing the only form of sound.

Vincent smiles: “I have surveillance posted around the area. You don’t honestly think we would leave you unwatched. I was entertained when you all bumped into the zombies. It was quite the laugh really.”

The zombie’s moans echoed in the dark hallways almost sounding besides them as they shuffle down the hallways.

Howie gulps, trailing behind the others at the sound of footsteps coming nearby. He gulps, shaking, picking up his pace when he feels his ankles grabbed. He quivers from the touch and was about to open his mouth to scream but is silenced by a hand clamped over his mouth tightly. He struggles against the force that suddenly seemed to have grabbed him from behind as he tries to yank away from the grip. He slams against the wall in the corner away from the group as he stares into the deep blue green eyes of Arianna.

Howie exhales as a smiles crosses his face as he notices the anger flicking in her bright eyes. “You’re not happy to see me.”

“No kidding!” She growls out, her tangled golden locks seemed in a disarray as she frowns at him, pinning him to the wall tightly. “And to think I listened to your stupid a…”

“Enough Ari!” Coral’s voice breaks through the small shadowed corner they were hiding at. “We need to get the hell out of here now. Howie whatever is going on is far too much for us to handle. CIA needs to needs to check this out, not us.” She steps closer to them, fear etched in her heart. “This is far beyond our league, we’ll need to regroup a priest, CIA officers not us.” She whispers out as the moaning of the zombies echo off in the hallway.

“None of us knew they were like this. How was I gonna know the leader was the living dead?!” Howie growls off, roughly pushing Arianna away from him. Arianna simply snorts, glaring at him as she plays with the empty valve of the pistol. “I can’t leave now. You two can, just head out the way you came in. And what the hell happened to you anyway?”

Arianna cuts a glance over at Coral as she continues playing with the pistol in her hands.

“For your information, Vincent set us up. He was trying to get rid of us after all by sending us on a hunt for dead. Seems we were set up, we were supposed to make a delivery but rather we found out we were the delivery to the hungry mounds of zombies that seeped into the location we were at.” Coral calmly states, hearing a growl escape from Arianna’s lips.

“And now you want revenge right?” Howie whispers out, watching the five men lurk down the hallway about to turn a corner.

“What do you think?” Arianna hisses out, slamming her hands brutally down against his crotch.

Howie gasps and frowns, roughly pushing her hand away as he exhales painfully from the grip. Coral held back a laugh as Arianna glares at the man, a small smile pricking her soft pink lips as she pulls her hand away watching the man.

“I don’t know what you want me to do, but if you think you can go up against Vincent, you’re out of your mind. He can’t die, he’s already dead.” Howie murmurs out in fright.

“WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!” Arianna yells out frustrated, the rage seeping out of her flesh as curls her fists tightly against her lean frame.

Coral gulps, stepping besides her gazing at Howie: “Are you saying Vincent is one of those things as well?” She chokes out, watching Howie blink at the comment.

Arianna frowns, “You have got to be kidding me right?”

“I…I wish I was.” Howie croaks out, glancing around the faint light in the hallway.

“So this place is fun by demons or what? Is that what you’re telling me?” Arianna cuts a death glare at him, her lips curling at the tips.

“Yes...” He boldly states, watching Coral freeze at the comment, her mouth slowly dropping open at the thought and comment of it all.

“Ohh God…no, we have to leave now. We can’t stay here.” Coral murmurs out.

“I think otherwise.” A deep bass voice cuts behind them as the three turn to see Vincent holding a pistol aimed at them. “I like your company and Michael or this ‘Howie’ knows too much and in fact I think you all know too much.” He snarls, stepping towards them all as the four men behind watch and gulp, eyeing Howie curiously.

Vincent snarls, grabbing Howie by the shoulder roughly, shoving him towards the other four men. “Looks like you’ll be filling me in now right Howie?” He frowns: watching Howie stumble to the men, smacking the ground as he struggles to stand up painfully. “Cause I would hate to think you’re lying to me. I hate liars and I personally feel they’re a waste of time. I would hate to have to get rid of you after all you’ve seen. You could have been a good asset to the group. Let’s hope you talk yourself to live a few more days.”

Arianna cuts a glare at Vincent as she feels a hand on her shoulder from Coral. “

“Don’t lose it girl.” Coral whispers out softly in her ear as Vincent continues to hammer out rules and regulations to the men before turning around to grab Arianna by the hair.

Arianna yells out and kicks him forcefully on the ribs as Vincent grunts in pain, yanking her hair down causing her to topple to the ground. Coral watches and holds back in wanting to attack the man for something didn’t seem right coming from the end of the hallway.

Arianna growls out, pushing Vincent away as she bites down on his arm, swinging a punch at him as he simply laughs.

“My, I like you. You’re feisty. That’s intrigues me.” Vincent smiles gazing over at Howie and the other men who seemed paralyzed in fear from whatever was approaching them from the end of the hallway.

“What…what is that?!” Coral shrieks out, shaking in fright as the beast slugs its way slowing from the dark shadows that hid it.

Vincent smiles, watching the deformed tiger step out of the shadows growling, its decaying yellow orbs now hung from its eye sockets as the white fangs gleam from its mouth as its orange and dirty brown and black fur seemed covered in sleek crimson blood smothered over it. The tiger growls out a deafening growl, taking steps towards them, its broken and boned tail waved side to side whooshing as it sees Vincent and lowers itself down, almost crawling towards him as he stops before him, growling softly.

Nick squeaks out softly, shivering as he backs in a wall staring at the animal as Brian begins gasping for air in fear. Kevin gulps and looks around watching the women glancing at the decaying tiger in shock.

Vincent smiles and bends down to pet the large cat, running his hands through the top of its head as the tiger released a shaky purr.

A.J. grips tightly to Kevin’s arm as he gasps for air, fear etching his face as Howie gazes over at him.

“Oh what’s wrong Alex…afraid of a cat? Not a cat person?” Howie mocks out, smiling as A.J. frowns and backs away.

Vincent stares at the men and smiles: “I hope you all like to run…my cat needs some exercise and you might give him a nice workout.”

Kevin breaths out slowly: “Are you gonna sic that animal on us?”

“Yes. Yes of course, I mean you didn’t think he’d be here to just look at his food right?” Vincent gazes, holding onto the tiger’s head who’s spitting and growling form now seemed agitated from the men.

Nick shivers, shaking his head: “Who’s side are you on? You safe us from the zombies to try to kill us with your cat?!”

Vincent smiles: slowly releasing his grip from the raging tiger that seemed eager to touch flesh. “I’m on my own side. It’s your choice to pick who you trust. I didn’t build that trust for you. You relied on me cause of the zombies. I picked you for a purpose…have you all figured it out yet? Did you all think that was the end of the initiation? Everything you’ve been through has been a set up and so far you all managed to fall right into my plans. I’m so glad you all manage to succeed that far. Now here is the final task as you take your steps into becoming an Eclipses.” Vincent smiles, releasing his grip from the tiger as the decaying animal leaps towards them in anger, its thick and large claws gleam out: sending the group into a fury of screams and chaotic scramble down the opposite end of the hallway.

Nick scrambles down the hallway, the first to reach the end of the long hallway as the pounding of the others screaming behind sounded and echoed off in the hollow cement hallways. He enters the basement level once again where the zombies had been at before but stop in confusion and fear as his eyes scan over the ground to see the corpses were no longer there.

“May…maybe they were moved.” Coral chokes out, pushing past him as the others rush by him yanking on Nick’s stun arm to move. He looks back in time to see the tiger leap into the air and take him down on the ground, landing on him. Nick groans in pain as his back slams the ground from the weight of the tiger as it stands over his chest, sniffing and growling slowly at Nick.

Kevin stands still as the other watch along in anxiety, hoping they can distract the tiger away from Nick.

Nick starts panting in fear as the tiger leans near his face, sniffing his forehead extending its large rough tongue across his nose and cheek. Nick gasps, shivering softly as he looks over at the others watching in shock.

The tiger sits down on his chest, placing its large paws near Nick’s quivering lips.

“Not to sound funny at this moment, but I think the tiger likes Nick…” Arianna smiles, getting a few chuckles from the others behind her.

Coral tilts her head and smiles: “I think you’re right.”

The group watches the tiger place its head near Nick’s lips as it begins humping the man’s chest. Nick’s eyes shot open as the group howls out in laughter, the tiger seemingly too busy to bother with the noise continue to hump his chest.

Arianna falls back into Howie as they laugh at the situation.

“So this entire time the tiger has been sexually frustrated and it took it out on Nick.” A.J. breaks into a laughter as the tiger begins grinding up on Nick’s chest. Nick in disgust, glares at the men.

“Get this thing off me now!” Nick growls out as the tiger purrs, rubbing its wet bottom across the front of his t-shirt.

Kevin laughs and tries to relax as he approaches Nick, pushing the tiger away.

The tiger snaps and almost lunges at Kevin’s hand nut continues rubbing across Nick’s chest.

“Ummm dude you better help that tiger out and let it get an orgasm already so we can move on.” A.J. smirks as the others break into another round of laughter.

Nick growls out: “This crap ain’t funny! Get it off me! Get it off me!”

“It’s ok Nick, just let the tiger finish off and you can move on.” Brian smiles receiving a death glare from Nick. Kevin backs away from the tiger caught in its passion as Nick whines out in fear, shivering from the large beast upon him.

“Beasttality.” A.J. jokes out sending the group into another round of laughter as Kevin smiles and shakes his head.

“That’s enough guys. We need to help Nick out.” Kevin approaches the tiger again.

“Nick’s doing just fine, the tiger got it all covered.” A.J. smiles as Howie pushes past him to help Nick out.

Coral watches and pokes Arianna on the side as they softly giggle making them for a moment to forget the trauma they’re involved in.

The tiger roar and leans back near Nick’s chin, purring loudly as A.J. cracks up laughing: “Wow Nick made the tiger come.”

Arianna joins in the laughter and snorts: “Ewww you can smell it on him too now.”

“Ewww…Nick smells like…like I’m not sure.” Coral whispers, sniffing the atmosphere twitching her nose to stench.

Arianna smirks, gazing at Coral: “Hehe, I know what it smells like.”

“What?” Brian asks.

Arianna beams proudly: “Fish crotch!”

The statement causes another round of laughter from the men as well as Howie and Kevin brush away the tiger who seemed more calm and less tense. Kevin grabs Nick’s arm as Howie grabs the other arm and pull him away from the tiger that seemed to growl and sit there glaring at them. Nick stands and sniffs his shirt in disgust: “EWWWW! EWWWW…I need another shirt! I can’t walk around in this. Yuck!”

“Dude just be lucky that’s not your blood on there and you’re still breathing ok?” Howie states concerned as he gulps and points back to the hallway where Vincent had led them. “I think we should go back.”

“What?! Are you kidding me? NO! He tried to kill us sending us the animal and you think he’ll be glad to see us again!” Brian calls out, “No…that’s a bad idea.”

“You sure about that Brian?” Howie whispers out, as the sound of on coming zombies break the quiet surroundings.

Nick mutters a curse and starts heading back down the hallway where the tiger had chased him as the tiger simply sits there, licking the blood of it, fascinated with the crimson liquid spattered on its fur.

The others gulps, gazing at the tiger as they quickly walk pass the tiger down the hall to where Vincent had stood before hand. Coral gulps, seeing that Vincent had already left the area and sighs, reaching the same spot.

“Great now what?” A.J. sighs, eyeing Arianna curiously.

“We keep walking that’s what.” Arianna states: taking lead and heads to down the hallway into the dark shadows.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Kevin murmurs out.

“Well do you have a better idea, cause if not, then we’re going.” Coral frowns, following behind Arianna as Howie follows along too.

“Do we have a choice?” A.J. groans out.

“Yeah you do. You could stay here when the tiger realizes it’s hungry and starts hunting for its food.” Howie retorts, rolling his eyes as follows behind Arianna down the dark dimming hallway.

A.J. glares at the man and growls out: “I should sic the tiger on you and see what it does to you, you son of a…”

Kevin cuts him off “Shut up and move, we don’t have time for petty arguments.” and shoves A.J. to follow the others as Nick follows along. Brian sighs and looks back to see a dead corpse shake and wobble, sending him to run to the front of the group. Arianna sighs, knowing when she finds Vincent, he will personally pay and she couldn’t wait to track him down again, her heart ached for vengeance and it will be satisfied.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Signs of Death by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Signs of Death~**

She glares around the dark hallways, her light eyes scanning around the area. “There’s a fork in the hallway. I’m heading to the right, Co…Connie you go down the right, I’ll take the left.”

Kevin narrows his eyes and snorts: “I don’t either of you women or him.” He indicates to Howie who simply shrugs his shoulders.

Arianna growls out, latching her arm around Coral, whispering into her ear: “Take the men and get them out of here. I’m tired of this hell hole. Howie will come with me.”

“Are you crazy?!” Coral squeaks out: “No! no we all leave now. I can’t wait around you searching for whomever.”

“I can get to the leader, he seems to have a fascination with me, if I can get him to trust and open up, I can get rid of him right there.”

“You can’t kill him?!” Coral hisses out: “He’s a wanted man, his case should be taken to the court and prove his guilt right there the proper way.”

Arianna growls out, clutching Coral’s shoulders: “Listen to me! He tried to kill us sending us out there to ‘deliver’ some stuff. We have to get him, he should die now, why bother the judicial system with him when we all know what should happen to him…He deserves death for not only endangering us but the innocent as well. He’s the ring leader to this whole mess girl! Don’t you get it?”

Coral gulps, gently nodding her head: “So that’s it then. You head out for him and take the guys out?”

“Yeah…you should load up though.”

Kevin hears a small part of their conversation and smiles, a look of relief showing on his face. “Michael nice nickname Howie.”

Howie smiles: “I’m keeping my word Kev. You have family waiting for you.”

Nick steps towards the women as a thought crosses him: “OK wait…so hold up. You mean to tell me you all are set in this or something?”

A.J. smiles, “Nicky, they’re undercover.”

Arianna gulps, surprised by how the men managed to figure that data out. “Why? I hope you’re not embarrassed being saved by two women.”

A.J. grins, shaking his head: “Not at all. I kinda like it.”

Brian groans: “Ohh A.J. man that sounded so wrong.”

Nick and Kevin softly laugh as Howie and Arianna begin their descent down the left dimming hallway as Coral gulps watching them.

“Wait!” She calls out.

Arianna turns around: “Hmmm?”

“Good luck.” Coral whispers out happily as she waves them off, taking the men down the opposite hallway to the right.
~*~

Arianna sighs, glaring at Howie who seemed lost in thought.

“I’m sorry ok.”

“Sorry isn’t good enough!” Arianna hisses out.

Howie stops, holding her arm so she would stop: “I didn’t know getting into this place was gonna be like this ok. This is big risk Ari. The fact we can get caught or killed are too high of a risk. And now Vincent finding out about my name this can’t be good at all. We need to leave this case and pass it the CIA, we can’t do this anymore.”

“This is our case! Yours! Dammit you said you could crack this case and we found the leader, why do you wanna back away from it all when we’re this close.” Arianna growls out, yanking her arm away.

“You know what, no. You’re not going to find Vincent. Ari, he’s the freaking walking dead himself, you can’t kill what’s dead already! This is some freaky hell port raising the dead. We need to leave now before we die to!”

Arianna shakes her head: “No, I’m going! You go with the others them, but I’m determine to find this Vincent and make him pay.”

“You can’t. You’re not superwoman. Ari, he could snap your neck with will before you’re ready. Don’t try this stuff, you don’t know what you’re dealing with.”

“That’s like telling not to touch the hot fire but I do it anyway. I prefer the challenge and pain isn’t a concept I learned when training to join for the academy to become a police officer. Now let me go. I have a job to do and I intend to fulfill it.” Arianna whispers, tugging her arm away as she runs down the dim lit hallway disappearing from Howie’s view as he sighs worriedly.

“Always was the one to do the opposite of things Ari.” Howie murmurs out: walking back down the hall to catch up to the other group.
~*~

A.J. glares at Howie approaching them, feeling his eyes roll at the sight of the man. Coral walks slowly down the dark hallway, the only sound were her light footsteps and breathing.

Howie brushes past A.J. to reach Coral when A.J. growls and leaps on Howie, slamming him down on the hard metal tiles. “I should shut you up once and for all.” A.J. rasps out, his hands pressed firmly across Howie’s throat, clutching his windpipe tightly.

Kevin growls and pushes A.J. off the man as a surprised and stunned Howie watch the events occurring. “Sorry about that man. I don’t know what got into A.J.”

A.J. stumbles back, glaring at Howie as he flips Coral off: “Who the hell are you people? Why should I trust any of you here, you all seem to be disguise, I mean what the hell is this, some game of trust. Well I don’t trust you Connie! And most definitely not this Michael or Howie or whatever the hell is your name anyway?”

Brian gulps, nudging Nick as he whispers out: “I’m thinking he’s jealous.”

A.J. picking up on that conversation: turns out and smirks mockingly cursing softly. “I’m not jealous of him. I just can’t stand him that’s all. I wanna take that cocky expression off his face so he can shut up about wanting to help. He hasn’t helped us in anyway.”

Kevin tenses up, glancing over at Coral embarrassed.

“Don’t worry about it.” She whispers out, patting his arm as they watch the fury between the two men.

“Should we leave them here and go on?” Nick mutters, drumming his fingers on his jean pockets.

The others all quieted down as they look over at Nick with a smile on their faces.

“What?”

The group breaks into a nervous laugh as they all begin their way back down the hallway, not noting that something out there was already out searching for them.
~*~

She finds an arc dusty iron clad door sealed at the end of the hallway as she pounds on it, hoping to find a way closer to the leader. The door creaks open, slowly sliding in as Vincent’s dark eyes cut at her. Surprised, Vincent smirks getting ready to slam the door on her face.

“Whoa wait! I got lost from the group and I just found this door Can’t I stay with you? There are things out there that want my head. The place where we were sent looked empty and zombies invaded it. I don’t understand what’s going on.” She pretends to sound worry and anxious, not letting her anger be found in her.

Vincent smirks, gazing around behind to note it was just here and he slides the door open more, allowing entrance to her.

She steps in quickly as he slams the heavy door shut, turning to look at her. His deep bass voice rings out in the small vacant room they were in. Besides the solid black tiles beneath them and the white dirty walls, there was nothing else in there besides them.

“Than..thanks.”

“You’re welcome. I was expecting this to be a trick of your friend Howie as he is named. I don’t know what to do to him besides make him suffer. And you…you of all people will be the witness to that. Maybe I can use you and your little girlfriend after all.” Vincent smirks, eyeing her closely.

Arianna fakes a smile, gazing around the strange windows covered in a form of glass almost plastic bubble type material staring at the basement balcony outside of the room. Arianna gulps as the moaning and howling of the walking deceased roam around outside of the room waiting for flesh to dine upon.

“I’m sure you’re wondering what to do with those creatures out there. I’ll show you a safe passage out of here if you can prove to me you can kill off those creatures out there.” Vincent smiles, tossing loaded magnum to her.

“Excuse me?! You want me to go out there and kill those things while you’re relaxing safe and sound in this room?” She whispers out nervously, catching the magnum gracefully in her hands.

“Yes, is that a problem?” Vincent cockily asks, smiling seductively at her as she faintly blushes cursing herself for gazing at the handsome man so much. “I’ll stay here until you can clear that area out. The chamber has twelve bullets, if you run out you better hope you can outrun them back here.”

Arianna scoffs, being lead to the exit of the room and stepping into the balcony crawling with zombies moaning for her fresh flesh. Gulping, she begins to aim, walking away from the room, shooting off a quick round instinctively: killing off the loitering zombies on the large gritted platform as they groan and fall over the railing. She gulps, stepping back into the room to see Vincent lighting up a cigar as he gazes at her surprised and amazed she just pulled that off. “How did you…?”

Arianna simply smiles: “Sometimes I work well under pressure.” And she stands before him, taking the cigar out of his mouth and placing it in her as she blows out a puff of smoke into his face. “I did my part. Now you have to do yours.”

Vincent watches amazed, smiling as he nods and leads her to a secret passage hidden within the walls of the room.

Arianna smiles and drops the cigar on the ground, stepping on it to take out the smoke as she follows behind Vincent to the secret exit.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Troubling Mass by Jamelet
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Troubling Mass~**

‘What was I thinking going through this idea? I could have been safe and sound at home but instead I’m stuck in a dark hallway with strangers to save them and get rid of boss with no intention of letting me out alive.’ Coral thinks to herself as she leads the group of men down the hallway. She was beginning to get aggravated with the idea of the gang and just wanted out now.

The soft shuffling of the footsteps behind her reminds her that she was not alone in the hallway. She hears Brian gasping as he softly steps back in the dark, gulping.

“Brian what is it?” She hears Kevin ask as he begins whining.

Coral gazes over at the four men who seem caught up in something behind them down the hallway. “What do you see Brian?” She quakes out, shivering from the sudden soft cold breeze that filtered through the seeps of the grated ceilings above her.

Smiling for a moment, she almost breaks into a laugh never noticing the escape found right above her. But before she can state the idea, she needed to see what was keeping the guys so preoccupied. Brian gulps and points to an estranged shadow slowly coming towards them.

Coral softly shivers, watching the shadow inch closer to them. Nick gulps and backs into a wall eyeing the shadow which brushed past A.J. quickly.

“What the hell…” A.J. hisses out, grabbing whatever pushed him against the wall across from him. Gripping his hands around an arm, A.J. narrows his eyes and snorts, glaring back at Howie. “Well, well. Look who decided to join the party.”

Howie snorts, rolling his eyes as he pushes past A.J. “We’re in trouble Connie. Ana went out on her own.”

“I know. Look, I found a way out of here. We need to get up to the grate before more of those things appear.” Coral whispers out, indicting to the black grate above them.

“Easier said than done.” Kevin murmurs, gazing up at the ceiling that seemed to go on forever.

“We’ll never be able to reach that.” Nick whispers out, his echo in the eerily quiet hallway vibrates.

“Yeah I know, but maybe if we can support each other and climb up, I can reach the grate.” Coral plans out the idea.

Howie shrugs, “Might as well, I mean we don’t have any other ideas.” He glances back at A.J. who growls at his direction.

Nick gulps as he hears the sound of growling emitting from around them. “Oh God, their around us! Those things are here!”

“Nick relax.” Brian whispers out nervously, placing a hand on the man’s shoulder as Kevin begins to call A.J. over.

“Alright guys, look we’re gonna make a ladder, Nick get on my shoulders and we’re lift Connie up to the grate.” He states hurriedly grabbing the blonde haired man, the sound of the zombies moaning and groaning echo off nearby.

“Ohhhh man, they’re around here.” Brian whispers out hoarsely, nervously watching as Nick leaps on Kevin’s shoulder, straddling his legs around Kevin’s neck. Slowly standing, Kevin grips Nick as Nick reaches for Coral and lifts her up near the grate.

“Can you reach it Connie?” Howie calls out as the sound of the zombies seem only feet away from them in the dimly lit hallway.

“Almost” Coral grunts out, her hands grazing the side of the black iron grate above her.

“See if you can push it up or something.” Howie calls out as Kevin winces and grunts out in pain.

“Hurry up…Nick isn’t exactly light.” Kevin groans out as A.J. watches snickering.

A.J. leans against the dingy wall when from the corner of his eye he could see a small crawling decaying human corpse on its hands. The matted bloodied stained hair and gray skin of the zombie seemed sickeningly enough as it moans and drags its body towards A.J.’s feet.

A.J. paralyzed in fear, watches the corpse approach him as it opens its gaping rotting mouth to reveal a row of razor sharp teeth. Gasping quietly, he stumbles back as the zombie in more of the visible dimming white light seemed to be missing its lower half of its body below its torso. A large streak of crimson blood smeared behind it as it drags itself towards A.J. moaning out, gazing at the man with its hollow black eye sockets.

A.J. clutches his stomach at the revelation of the beast and sees Coral struggling to open the grate above her. “HURRY UP!” He yells out in fright as the crawling zombie grabs a hold of A.J.’s ankle and bites down on it.

Shrieking, A.J. kicks the corpse away from him, reaching for his ankle immediately which seemed to be soaked in either his or the zombie’s blood.

“He…he bit you?” Howie chokes out, gazing at him nervously.

Snorting, A.J. rolls his eyes: “So, its just a small wound. I won’t change into it.”

Coral glances at A.J. wearily and sighs, “We’re gonna have to get that checked out. Vincent uses the chemicals of the zombies to react to those of human flesh. You’ve all seen it happen back at the medial room with the other zombie.”

“You think I’m gonna change into one of those things?!” A.J. cries out in despair.

“Oh man, he isn’t gonna right?” Brian gulps down, looking at the crawling zombie coming towards Kevin’s direction. The streaked blood trail behind the zombie seemed to draw in more of its kind as more than ten of the dead creatures slowly emerge from either side of the hallway hissing and lashing out at them.

Brian shivers and turns pale at the thought of the creatures coming close to them.

Kevin grunts and tries to keep his hold on Nick and Coral above him.

“Can you open the grate now?!” Nick yells out as Coral growls and shoves her hands against the black grate above, pushing up on it hoping to get it to pop open somehow.

“Any day now, before I start looking like one of these things.” A.J. hisses out kicking away the legless zombie and stepping on its head the force causing the zombie’s head to get squished against the ground. “Egh…yuck man! This is sick!” He cries out, walking away from it, almost sliding across the ground into another zombie, this one standing fully erect and alert.

Coral in anguish pounds on the grates above her, hoping to open it as the zombies begin to surround them moaning and clawing at them. One zombie grabs on Kevin’s shirt while another grips Nick’s foot tugging on it with force. Both men scream as Howie and Brian kick away the hungry beasts from them while Coral struggle with the grates in frustration and fear.

A.J. gulps, tying a dark bandana around his wounded ankle. “I swear if I change into one of those things…don’t hesitate to get rid of me ok?”

“That won’t be a problem.” Howie murmurs out feeling the burning glare from him.

“Yeah right.” A.J. snorts, rolling his eyes as he limps his way over to the others, the growling of the zombies surrounding them seemed almost rhythmic like a heart beat. Finally the remaining zombies make their final attempt and leap to them as Coral pushes the grate above her one last time, pushing the grate up as it slides open.

A.J and Brian scream out in fear as Coral looks down.

“What’s the verdict?” Kevin quivers, looking at an approaching zombie coming towards him.

“I opened the grate.” Coral states loudly, climbing up onto the next floor and taking Nick’s hand to help pull him up. Kevin grabs A.J. and Brian as both men are lifted and climbed up through the open hole above them meters up.

Kevin grabs Howie lastly as he follows behind inches away from getting grabbed by one of the coming zombies as the black grate is slid back in place in time as one of the zombie’s hands was caught in the metal object screaming and hissing out in pain.

“Uhhh yuck! Sick!” Kevin stumbles away from the shaking grate.

“It’s locked right? They can’t get through that?” Nick worriedly asks, his eyes locked on the vibrating grate. The moaning of the zombies seemed to surround them as Coral gulps and shakily stands up.

“I guess for now, that’ll hold them up. But we need to get to an exit now. The faster the better.” She whispers out, brushing back a lock of tangled cinnamon hair behind her ears.

“Right…let’s go. I don’t wanna stay here if they get through.” Howie scrambles off the tiled floor and quietly walks down a hallway as Kevin sighs, following behind him with Brian.

Coral glances at Nick who blinks and looks over at A.J. who was cursing softly under his breath, gripping his bleeding ankle, the crimson liquid staining his once white sock. “Let me see that.” She whispers, kneeling down as she gently removes his hands away and pulls the sock away from the fresh bite mark.

“It’s a deep cut right?” Nick whispers out, gulping, wiping away a faint sweat using the arm of his shirt in the process.

“From the looks of it, he has a layer of skin missing. Looks like the bite tore through his flesh good. A.J. listen to me, I’m gonna try to stop the bleeding a little more but if you start feeling faint or odd let us know in time ok?” Coral gently states, applying pressure on the wound with a piece of her shirt.

A.J. nods and gulps, “I’m not gonna change into one of those right?”

“It all depends on how badly you were bitten and how your body will respond.” Coral informs the man sadly.

“Will I die if that happens?” A.J. trembles out.

Looking away, Coral clears her throat and looks away sadly already confirming the answer he dreaded to hear.

“Can’t you help him if that starts happening?” Nick asks in trepidation.

“I’m not a doctor Nick, you’re asking the wrong person.” Coral frowns sadly, standing up to see Kevin waiting for them to catch up at the end of the new hallway.

A.J. gulps and breaks out in a faint sweat, gulping as Nick helps him together making their way back to the others with Coral.

“So with all this going down, what’s the bad news?” Howie asks, raising his eyebrows at the others.

“The bad news is if we become like them.” Brian points down below the black grate they’re standing on to see a crowd of hungry zombies waiting for a fresh meal.

“Well that’s a nice attitude to have now isn’t it?” Kevin frowns as they slowly ease their way down another dimly lit cement hallway, the echoes of the zombies ringing out around to remind them, they were not alone.
~*~

She looks around the new vacant rather polished room with its shining metal tiles beneath her. Arianna’s light eyes take in the new environment in the rather circular room. She eyes Vincent who goes up a level of metal grated stairs to reach the platform where an observatory room was located, the windows clearly showing the inside of the control room. Racing up the stairs behind him, she follows him into the control room only to see on one side of the room antique cabinets with medications and substances in it while the side facing the clear windows stood a metal machine with rows of switches and buttons. Standing near the machine, Arianna watches Vincent carefully messing with the switches, pulling and flicking the lit buttons on. Gulping Arianna presses her warm forehead on the cold glass, looking out in the bare room below her as she hears a strange beeping sound emit from below at the room.

Watching curiously, she sees a group of ten young men around the ages of twenty or so entering the room below her, standing stark naked as what seemed like a gang member enters with a hot iron rod swinging it around for amusement in front of them. Arianna tries to take all this in, not understanding what was going on as the gang member strikes one of the nude men brutally on the head.

Arianna gasps out loudly as Vincent laughs manically, enjoying the view from where he was standing. She felt force to watch the brutally of the men in the room, eager to turn her head away yet waiting to look on to see if what she was watching was really occurring. “What…what are you doing to them?”

“Me?” Vincent scoffs, “They were the ones that trespassed this place and now they must suffer. Too bad too, they were good access to the gang. But well you gotta get rid of the trash to make for something better.”

Arianna gulps and watches the men in the room below them getting tortured as a bright fire flame erupts from one of the men who were sent on fire alive screaming for mercy and help.

Arianna watches helplessly, holding back the bile in her throat at the horrendous torture. Another one of the men was stripped of his flesh with each hit from a nail clawed weapon that yanked off another piece of skin painfully. She closes her eyes at the sound of the raw agonizing screams that filtered the room below her hoping that she can somehow get rid of the man in charge once and for all.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The Return Of Armerian by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~The Return of Armerian~**

She makes her down the dark room blindly as Vincent had ran off leaving her alone. The horrid screams replayed in her head as she blinks her eyes closed for a second recalling the tormenting images of the men killed not that long ago. Shivering, her hands grip the door handle as a rancid smell floats past her. Choking down the foul scent, she tries to rummage for the door handle realizing she was stuck. ‘Damn…no…That bastard…’ She grumbles out feeling wet sickeningly fingers slide down her bare arm.

Gasping out in disgust, she knees the creature, hoping to have hurt it or at least hit it in the process. Slamming against the door, she pulls on the metal latch, pounding on it in hopes that the door would open. She gulps as the hissing of the zombies in the room filter around her as she pulls out her pistol and starts shooting in the dark. One bullet whizzes past one of the creatures shattering the glass pane windows aligning the room. She gulps as the moans of the zombies vibrated off the walls as she quietly exhales, looking around for any form of escape. Narrowing her eyes, she curses and flings a fist into the dark room, hitting nothing but air. Snorting, she leans back against the door waiting for one of the zombies to touch her so she can break its neck in glee.
~*~

The cold breeze brushes past his cheeks as he walks around the perimeter of the building, the only sound was his soft breathing and gentle thuds of his boots as he walks. Armerian smiles, taking in the silence around him in the dark. Narrowing his eyes, he reaches into the shadows of the building pulling out Vincent and slamming the man against the wall.

“Boo.” Armerian whispers, eyeing the man before him, pinning him up against the building’s wall.

Vincent exhales, eyeing him nervously.

“This better be good news you’re reporting to me.” Armerian hisses out, his deep bass voice sending shivers down Vincent’s back.

Vincent gulps and eyes the taller man with a slight grin, “As it should be. They are all woken and are going after the new initiates as we speak.”

“Excellent. However…you disappoint me Vincent.” Armerian growls out: his burning blue within blue color eyes glare at the man taking him in.

“Please sir…I did as followed.”

“I know you did and you even made the decision of accepting the two women in. I must say you surprised me. Maybe when I made you…I forgot how pathetic and passionate you can be to humans.” Armerian lashes out, gripping Vincent’s neck tightly slowly rising him with one hand. Vincent struggles against the grip, swinging his legs around in the air as Armerian glares at him.

“I made you…and now I can kill you if I want. You did what you wanted allowing those women in because you seem to have a fascination with them…but I believe that is your weakness even in your death.” Armerian whispers holding the man in his grip as he laughs. “And what a pity too…that I made you out of my own DNA…but maybe this world isn’t ready for another me. At least I tried.” Armerian rasps out, breaking the man’s neck quickly with a turn of his hands. The cracking sending pleasant shivers down his spine as he cackles out a laughter that was evoked from the death of the man/zombie.

“Pathetic humans. They don’t know what they got themselves into.” Armerian whispers, running a hand over his shaven tan scalp, the wind prickling his exposed tan muscular chest as he tugs on the black cloak, the boots scraping against the cement as he heads back inside to take control of the mess that was created with the zombies.
~*~

They inch closer to the dimming hallway to see an iron door being pounded on from the inside.

“Some…someone’s in there.” Nick whispers out in fear as A.J. snorts.

“Thanks for the obvious man.” A.J retorts as Kevin glares at them watching the iron door cautiously.

Howie leans his ear against the door as he steps back wondering what monsters could be lying behind in that hidden door. Juggling the metal handle of the door, he manages to jerk the automatic lock of the door open allowing the door to now be opened. Pulling it open slowly, Howie feels a body fling towards the crack of the door slamming him to the ground as he struggles against the grip against his neck.

“Whoa…wait!” Brian yells out pulling the body off Howie who struggles and gasps for air, touching his neck tenderly.

Blinking, Arianna stands up and glances around hearing the familiar voices. “Oh my God! You guys! I thought I lost ya!”

“Ana?”

“Connie!” The golden haired woman bounded over to the petite cinnamon colored haired woman, tackling her playfully in a warm greeting as she grins around to the dark shadows of the familiar people. “Geez guys, you have no idea what I saw and went through. You owe me big time! By the way…this entire place is infested with zombies. If we’re gonna get out of here, I say trying the north end of the building. I saw a map and that’s the best exit out of this hell hole.”

“Do you have the map with ya?” Kevin whispers out.

Howie blinks and looks over at Arianna with relief embracing her tightly as she giggles.

“Well no. I saw the map on one of the screen in that room I just got out of. But its not working now I had to use to slam a zombie head through it. Sorry…it was for survival and I think my life is more important that that map don’t ya think?” She grins sheepishly, tying up her golden tresses as Coral chuckles gently.

“Yeah…just glad we’re all together. So north you said right?” Brian inquires as Kevin nods and directs the group back down the hallway. The soft moaning of the dead echoed down the barely lit hallway as they ease their way back down.

Sighing, Arianna glances over at A.J. who seems a bit off, paling as he grips his ankle coughing.

“Uhhh dude you ok?” Arianna kneels down, touching his wounded ankle.

“Uh yeah yeah…I’m fine.” He brushes her hands away from his roughly as he stands up straight and gazes up to the see the rest of the group eyeing him wearily. “I’m fine guys.”

Arianna raises her eyebrows and eyes the others hoping someone will fill her in. “What’s going on?”

“Its nothing for you to worry about. Let’s just go and find the exit already.” Kevin blurts out, glancing at A.J. sadly.

Arianna frowns, “Connie what happened to him.”

“Didn’t you hear what he said, don’t worry about it.” A.J. rants out, walking past her glaring at the others.

“If you’re hurt, it’s a reason for me to worry.” Arianna echoes out, glaring at the man.

“Listen lady. Why don’t you go f…”A.J. gets cut off at the sound of the ground trembling loudly beneath them.

“Ok…that’s not a good thing now is it?” Howie murmurs out as he stumbles against the wall, holding onto it.

“Probably not…” Coral whispers out eyeing A.J. who coughs roughly and causally runs a hand through his hair.

Arianna gazes at A.J. curiously, her eyes glued to the sudden ill man. “You got bitten didn’t you?” She rasps out, her eyes penetrating him.

Coral gently eases Arianna away from him whispering: “Shhh…not now.”

“What do you mean not now?!” She barks out, “If he’s turning into one of them we can’t go with him. I’m not risking my life for him.”

“He isn’t one of them.” Kevin sternly states, overhearing the conversation.

“Yeah well, look at him. The longer the bite remains on him, the more it’s going into him and changing him. Personally I like living. I don’t know about you.” Arianna glances over at him.

“He can be saved…right? I won’t let him change.” Brian whispers out, “He didn’t ask for this. None of us did. We could try saving him.”

Arianna exhales, “Fine, he can travel with us for now. But the moment I feel threatened with his presence as he’s changing more I call for leaving his zombie self behind.”

Coral sighs, “Kinda wish it was the fish crotch scent we had to deal with rather than this.”

Arianna grins at the comment and nods, “I hear ya girl. Well let’s go, the longer we wait around the worse he’ll get.” And with that she heads out running down the hallway to take the staircase heading up to the northern wing of the building.

A.J. gulps, breaking out in a faint scent, “I…I don’t wanna die guys.”

“You won’t. Don’t let want she said get to ya.” Howie mumbles, gazing over at Arianna who wore a smug expression across her plump lips.

Nick helps A.J. and leads him down the hallway with Brian on the other side as Howie and Kevin catch up to Arianna.

Coral gazes over at A.J. and smiles sadly, “She didn’t mean it that way. We’re all just freaked out you know.”

“Gee no sweat off my back. This stuff happens to me all the time, nothing to worry ‘bout.” A.J. snorts out, softy limping as the others snicker gently.

Arianna ascends a row of stairs quickly with the others following closely behind and reaches the top floor of the building, a beam of sunlight breaking into the open black grate above them.

Kevin smiles: “Well look at that. The sun…we’re almost out of here.”

“Yes, dude let’s get up there and leave this place.” Nick quirks out, beaming as he jumps up with Kevin’s help to reach the top of the grate.

“You got it?” Brian calls out, eyeing A.J. nervously.

Nick grips the black grate in his hands, nodding, “Yeah, though its gonna be hell to pull this off.”

“Just try, I’ll pull ya along with it, if not we’ll find something to loosen the nails up.” Kevin speaks up, looking up at Nick holding onto the grate.

Coral glances over at Arianna who smiles and winks at her as she tilts her head to eye A.J. who was paling and leaning against the side of the wall breaking into a faint sweat.

“You know, never in a million years would I have thought that the dead can arise again. Movies are one thing, but reality is a whole new set of rules.” Coral whispers out, shaking her head, concerned over the health of A.J.

Arianna goes over to the wounded man and checks out the bite, seeing his flesh bubble and burn at the bite mark. “He only has a limited time. His body is trying to fight off the infection but its not doing a good job.”

Coral gulps as Howie shakes his head frowning. “So what are we suppose to do?”

“Go after the main guy.” Howie whispers out.

“Vincent?” Arianna rolls her eyes, anger burning inside of her at the thought of him.

“No. He’s not the leader of the group. Armerian is.” Coral whispers out as Brian nods.

“Hold up…now that I think about it. We all saw Armerian a while back before Vincent came for us.” Brian thinks out loud, his eyes open in shock at the sudden thought of the man. “Vincent is a replica of Armerian. I remember seeing Armerian when we first entered here!”

“Who wait, there’s another one of those bastards around here?” Arianna raises her light eyebrows getting agitated with the concept of more than one troublemaker.

Howie blinks and nods, “He’s right. Vincent’s identify is the same as Armerian except something is very different.”

“Like what? And where do we find the pain in my…” Arianna speaks out but is cut off at the loud rumbling around them, the solid metal walls slowly sliding towards them on either side.

“Oh damn!” Kevin yells out as Nick unsuccessfully yanks at the closed grate above them.

Nick gulps and quickly pounds and pulling harder on the grate as panic starts to take over.

The walls inch closer to each other as the group scrambles away from the coming walls. The metal walls squeak and stop a few feet from them leaving room enough for all of them to stand in a straight line with no other space left.

Coral gulps and looks around, waiting for their fate to end. A fear of death swipes down her spine as she shivers, closing her eyes. Arianna places her arms out from her side touching the walls on either side of her as she watches Nick give one final tug before the grate gives in and falls on him.

Nick yells and leaps off Kevin as the metal grate crashes down on the ground before them.

Kevin exhales slowly, looking up at the beaming warm sunlight that seemed to conflict with the dark world they were in. “He did it…he freaking got the grate out.” He whispers happily.

Brian snickers and eyes the open area above them, “Well let’s go then. What are we waiting for.”

Kevin nods and helps Brian, lifting the smaller man to the opening above them. Brian grips the sides of the open grate and lifts himself out of it to be standing at the roof of the building they’re in. Laughing joyfully, Brian beams down stretching out his hand waiting to help the next person out.

Coral exhales happily and pushes A.J. towards Kevin who quickly lifts the wounded man up to the open square hole above them to join Brian. Once he was up, the others quickly lined up and each reached the top until Kevin was left and was helped out by Nick pulling him up. Now all out on the roof raise their heads to the beautiful glowing sunlight that splashed down on them warmly, welcoming them back to the world of the living.

“Man I never knew how much I missed being outside until now.” Howie smiles softly as A.J. nods looking around.

“Tell me about it.” A.J. rasps out, his eyes traveling over to a shadow figure that stepped out, the man’s familiar features and burning blue against blue eyes pierce straight at them strongly as he smiles.

“Ah man…” Nick frowns watching Armerian gleam happily.

“Well look at you all. You all managed to find the access of the escape route here. That’s quite impressive even if you all have the same fate waiting for you.” Armerian smiles, the black cloak bellows around him as a soft warm breeze picks up speed around them.

Kevin narrows his eyes and gazes down at the ground feeling Armerian cut a glare at him.

“I knew you couldn’t be trusted Kevin.” Armerian deeply whispers out harshly. “I figured seeing these men would make you want freedom again and I was right now wasn’t I?”

Kevin remains silent glancing over at A.J. who winces and drops to his knees in pain, moaning out in agony as he coughs deeply. The others watch in fear and pity as Armerian laughs confidently.

“My plan was ruined halfway…You all should have been in the same state this man is now.” He refers to A.J. who was quaking and folding his arms across his chest painfully.

“Make him better. Take me if you must. But let them all go.” Kevin whispers out.

Armerian shakes his head, chuckling gently: “Well if I did that then where’s the fun in that?”

“Help him please!” Coral breaks out, watching A.J. pale a deathly color as he gasps for air.

“No. He’s dying and I plan on seeing that through. As for the rest of you…” Armerian raises his hands towards the sunny sky as the building and ground begins to shake violently causing the group to sway and find balance.

A herd of zombies are heard nearby as they appear on the roof and race towards them stumbling and moaning out for their live flesh.

Brian chokes out: “This is it. This is the end.”

“No! I won’t let that happen!” Kevin struggles to stand up as Coral and Arianna pull out their small pistols shooting at the zombies that were inches from touching them.

Howie and Nick hold onto their pistols shakily firing off at the zombies surrounding them as A.J. remained untouched or unscathed from the rotting victims. Crawling to the side of the roof to rest, A.J. sighs and breaths heavily eyeing Armerian.

Kevin in his anger, runs past the raging zombies and reaches Armerian. Pulling out a pistol clutched tightly in his hand, Kevin raises it aiming directly at the center of Armerian’s forehead.

“You’re brave when you want to be. But its too late for that now.”

Brian runs over to the A.J. helping the man up as the moans and clawing of the zombies surround him. A.J. narrows his eyes spotting something covered in the dark shadows in the corner of the roof to his left side. “Dude…there’s a box over there.”

“What? Where?” Brian’s sapphire orbs follow A.J.’s gaze.

Suddenly an idea hits A.J. as he glances at the others shooting off the zombies. “That’s pandora’s box.”

“The drugs. So?”

“No…no dude, I just got it! The concept of Pandora’s box, you know the story behind it right? Well if its open wouldn’t something good happen cause damn we’re already stuck in the worst scenario.” A.J. grunts out, wincing as an electric pain zaps down his spine.

Nick ducks in utter disgust as a zombie’s arm flies off with the bullet. “Michael errr Howie…I only got like three bullets left man.”

“Well make the most of it.” Howie backs away, dodging a grab from one of the zombies and kneeing one behind him.

Coral and Arianna shoot off some more zombies almost cleared out a large group of them when Kevin yells and pulls the trigger.

Armerian laughs as the bullet strikes him in the dead center of his forehead, a small hole erupted from the hit as a trail of blood oozes its way down slowly.

Arianna snorts and watches the leader flash his bright blue within blue eyes at Kevin laughing as he slams Kevin to the ground on his back.

Coral gasps watching as she closes her eyes in hopes the man was not dead from the impact.

A.J. and Brian gaze at the others and both their pair of eyes trail back to the hidden object in the corner to their left. Coral picking up on it, runs to the shadows grabbing the small cube in her hands and bringing it over to Brian and A.J. ‘These are just drugs…I had to deliver one of these to someone for my initiation.”

A.J. clutches his chest, shaking his head: “Look there’s something cryptic written on it. This box is different. It can’t be the drugs, cause why hide it away?”

Arianna steps to them, curiosity egging her to open the box. “Well only one way to find out right?” She jumps at the sound of zombies grabbing Nick and Howie as Kevin screamed out in pain from Armerian slashing him on the side.

“Oh God, I don’t care anymore, open the box!” Coral cries out, handing her partner the antique box.

Arianna takes the object in her hand and slowly turns the designs embroidered on it until it clicked open. At the sound of the click, Armerian hisses out to her and lashes out to her, quickly bounding over to her and yanking the box away from her shaking hands. Pushing her roughly, she lands on her back sliding back in pain as she struggles to get up and moans out.

Armerian frowns to see the small antique box now able to be open but places his hands over the top cover so as not to open it. “You fools…you don’t know what you’re doing. I have the power now. You’re all gonna die for that now!” He roars out as a new group of zombies appeared out of nowhere on the roof and stumbles their way to the living flesh of the group.

Nick and Howie groan out beating away the zombies but frown to see the new group already approaching them.

Coral, Arianna, Brian and A.J. watch the zombies and the box that could have ended this ordeal if it wasn’t in the hands of the wrong person.

Chuckling softly, Armerian smiles, watching the scene unfold as Kevin grips his bleeding side, quivering under the intense pain.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The Unleashed by Jamelet
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”


“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt


**~The Unleashed~**

He slowly sits up, gasping as a flood of pain reminds him of his recent agony. Gulping in a fresh batch of oxygen, he groans out and swiftly swipes his leg across Amerian causing the man to stumble and topple close to the edge of the building.

Brian looks over at A.J. who already had a smug expression on his face, the idea hitting them both as they bolt towards Amerian who was at the moment pre-occupied with Kevin.

“You Fool! What did you think you were doing? Trying to stop me?!” Amerian shouts out to the raven haired wounded man still struggling to stand up.

“Sure, why not? You need to change this! This isn’t normal!” Kevin shouts out, indicting to the on coming zombies surrounding the entire group.

Amerian snorts, rising the box in his hands as he laughs quickly turning the tiny golden dial to the numbers that will unlock the box and release what ever it was inside.

Nick and Howie stand watching as the zombies surrounding them seemed to have stalled and hisses out chanting remarks to them.

Arianna and Coral watch on as Brian and A.J. sneak up on the distracted man and with a sudden burst of energy and strength both shove the man over the edge of the building. Amerian blinks as he feels himself lose balance and flip over the ledge of the building falling stories down to his death leaving the small Pandora’s box on the ledge shaking around. Kevin watches as Amerian slams to the ground yards below them on the ground in a splat, killing him instantly. Kevin crinkles his nose in disgust turning to the others.

“It’s over.” He whispers out hearing a sigh of relief coming from the others.

“Are you sure?” Coral asks nervously. “The last we need is for him to make another appearance.”

Kevin looks over the edge of the building, his eyes scanning the corpse mutilated and crushed from the impact and smiles. “Yeah…I’m sure. There’s no way he’ll come back. That was his debut but he isn’t planning a second coming.”

Gulping, Brian looks over to the others as Arianna bolts down and grabs the small box in her hands. Coral exhales, her eyes trained on Arianna who giggles opening the box.

“There’s gotta be something about this box…” Arianna whispers out, eyeing it curiously.

Kevin gasps and backs away, “What are you doing?! Close it!”

Arianna shakes her head, the tension in the air beginning to thicken at the thought of the hindering gift that would be unleashed. Everyone’s eyes watch the small shaking box, Arianna’s hands quivering from the vibrations sent off. Suddenly the ground begins to shake violently causing them all to stumble back and trip, each falling over someone or something- the zombies. The creatures screech out at the opening of the box covering their ears while from the tiny box a white mist rises up and covers the air above them making it nearly almost impossible to view anything around them.

“Dammit, I can’t see.” Nick murmurs out, sitting up from the ground, leaning on his elbows.

“Thanks Captain Obvious.” Brian whispers out, his arms shivering, watching the screaming zombies around them.

Coral gasps as the white mist covers the zombies slowly melting them, ending their final reign on earth once and for all. Her eyes never left the rendering image of the decaying green, gray matted and blooded flesh slide off the withering cracked yellow bones.

Howie watches in horror along with Brian and A.J. at the destruction of the zombies until there were no more. At once the ground stops shaking and the white mist immediately is drawn back into the box once more, leaving them with the bloodied corpses as their greeting.

“Ah crap…this is sick.” Brian frowns, covering his nose at the distinguished foul odor of rotting bodies around him.

Howie softly gags, his warm chocolate eyes scan the area, exhaling: “So its over…this really is the end of this gang right?”

Kevin nods: “Yeah…we…saved the others. Any guy that was stuck here and still living can get their lives back…we did a big thing today guys.” He whispers out, letting the thought of freedom capture him for a moment, his heart pumping excitedly. He could feel a small smile trace his lips as he lets out a cheer.

Dropping to his knees, Brian cheers along clapping happily while Nick and A.J. stand up and hug each other quickly shouting out “freedom.”

Kevin looks over at Howie and smiles: “Thank you…thank you all...I get to see my family again.”

“Told you I was gonna get you out.” Howie whispers, hugging the man. Kevin smiles and looks at the women quietly watching the scenery: both trying to take in what they both saw.

“Arianna…I heard about you.” Kevin whispers out, a smile crossing his face.

A small smug expression crossed the young woman’s snowy cheeks: “Well I hope it was good things at that.”

“Oh it was. But I’m lucky that Howie has a great partner with him. I don’t know if he could have done it without your help. If it wasn’t for your bravery, I think we would all be one of those things at this point. So Arianna…Connie…”

“Coral.” Coral whispers out, a small grin crosses her face as she corrects the man.

“Oh yes, Coral. Both of you for going through what you both did. You risked your lives for us and I won’t forget that.” Kevin gracefully states.

“Not a problem…” Coral responds smiling as Arianna and Howie cross over to each other to embrace each other. Tears fill the bluish green eyes, passing its wavering path down Arianna’s cheeks, burying her head in the crook of the man’s neck. Their arms wrapped around each other tightly, holding each other both afraid of losing contact for sudden loss they had endured during the troubling times.

Wiping away a tear, Arianna looks over at Coral with a questioning stare, her eyes hinting at the idea of acceptance for them to be together.

Coral grins, her eyes twinkling in the late evening nodding her head in agreement to the new couple before her. She knew there was something more those two needed and it was each other. They balanced each other out and like air they needed one another to survive.

Nick eyes Coral and smirks, “Ummm…You know I’m single at the moment.” He raises his eyebrows in a silly manner hoping to cheer the woman up.

Laughing, Coral nods and looks at the rest of them. “Thanks Nick, I’ll look into that shortly.”

Smiling, Arianna giggles still wrapped around Howie’s embrace: “You didn’t use the cell.”

“Yeah, didn’t have time to and besides we were underground the majority of the time so I got no frequency.” Coral eyes the cell phone tucked under her shirt clipped to a belt.

“Well I don’t know about ya, but I’m leaving this building finally. I have people to do and places to see.” A.J. retorts out with a grin as the others softly chuckle. “So without further adu. I’m out of here. Peace.” And he walks over to the roof door going down the stairs and reaching the bottom floor exiting out. He walks pass the decrypted corpse of Amerian as the others soon follow behind him.

“Man he’s a nasty son of a…” A.J. stops when a row of police cars align the block, a rush of cops racing towards them and around the building.

One of the cops stop before Howie and smile: “You’re ok man! I thought something had happened with you!”

“Nope…I’m good and Kevin is back too.”

The cop gasps and eyes Kevin: “Whoooa, I heard about you! Your wife will flip when she hears this news! Welcome back!”

“Glad to be back.” Kevin smiles, wiping away a trail of blood that had immersed from the battle above.

Another cop stops before the two women and smiles: “You girls are crazy. Did you know what you did was insane and could have gotten you both killed?”

“Yeah that’s why we opted for it.” Arianna beams, brushing back a tangled strand of honey colored hair behind her ear.

Coral giggling, nods and sighs. “Wonder if I right this down will it be a bestseller?”

Howie snorts: “It better, after all the hell we all went through.”

“Dude I can honestly say if you wrote a book on that, I would be the first to buy it.” A.J. exclaims as the paramedics arrive checking the men over carefully.

Exhaling happily, Coral places an arm around Arianna’s broad ones: “Job well done. I saw we get a nice vacation for this now.”

“Ditto. I need to get away from this all and sit by a pool being feed grapes by hot sweaty men in speedos fanning me.” Arianna smirks, glancing over at Howie who rolled his eyes at the comment.

Coral smiles and sees the arriving officer watching them all. “My Lord you’re all crazy for going undercover like that. You had us all panicking if you all made it out alive.”

“Well we have to cause then who would tell our story right?” Coral states, the soft cool breeze sweep down over all of them in a friendly manner as they all gather around the paramedics to get their wounds cleaned off.
~*~


-October 9th, 2003

It is done. Whatever existed of the actual gang of the Eclipses is over. We found the emerging secret and actual source of drugs. It was more than just a regular drug base gang you read about or see on the news all the time. This gang functioned on the source of life. In the rebirth or rather resurrection of the actual dead being. You can call it a zombie or the undead, whatever the case it does exist. I have seen it and touched it. With my own eyes witnessed the horror that they evoke and how persistent they are when met with a challenge. I have seen the destruction of lives around me and how the gang can tear one’s emotions off.

I was to go undercover and maintain my identity a secret until the leader of the group Vincent or what we thought who was the leader caught onto us. He along with the other leader of the group are both dead at the moment as I write this. I found out Vincent himself was a replica of the actual Amerian himself! Somehow a sample test of dna proved this point valid. Why have two of yourselves? It is simple: to be able to create more and do more than you would alone. Why count on a stranger when you can create yourself and know what you are capable of already. All of this may come as some subdue victim on medication but I was not the only one to witness and see the insanity around me. Call me crazy if you must, but I have seen things only people could only imagine.

Evil exist around us…everywhere. Without it you would know no sense of good or innocence. Without the tyranny of such evil we would not be grateful for the sweetest things in life like taking a deep breath of freedom, like being able to walk wherever you can without being restricted to stay within limitations. Life…another reason for being grateful, you don’t know what you got until you see those around you lose the life they once had. Staying with four different men all who were already in the hands of the Eclipses, I saw their lives, their hopes, their dreams begin to vanish. Perhaps this what Amerian the leader of the gang wanted. Perhaps he thought if he can get his victims to this point that they would fall down and follow him. And I almost thought they would too. The tasks given to all of us, was something words cannot describe. From the point of the initiation to the last exit of hope of freedom in the end, they changed...from the lost survivors of dread to better people.

So what was the actual Pandora box: yes it was a combination of the potent of drugs, but along there, there was an actual Pandora’s box. One similar to the original one we all read in stories. However, this box was filled with hope. This box was my savior, all of the survivors savior, which would make it extremely powerful to the one holding it. Now I understand why it was so protected and why Amerian did not want us to gain access to it. It was the one thing that destroyed him and his gang. That box was the ruin of him and he knew it.

So you wonder what happened to these four men right? One of them: Kevin belonged to the police unit of Florida’s precinct. He is back with his wife and back in the precinct working harder than ever to stop gangs like this from ever forming and he’s doing a great job at it at the moment.

One of the other men: Nick, got his life back and is living peacefully within the state himself, enjoying what life has to offer. I heard whispers of him tapering off into music, so who knows how that will end.

Another one of the men: Alex as he was called to those close around him- is slowly getting his life back and has been doing some acting on the side. He is healthy and well and for that I’m grateful for.

As for Brian: well he is with his family and child. I have not one day stopped getting thank you cards from him, he is truly grateful for what I helped do. Freedom is something that when is given is the most prized possession one can have.

Now this leads me to the last of the men: making him the fifth not mentioned until now. Mister Dorough: one of Florida’s top high rank detective’s having excel in his profession and is now a married man. Congratulations to him and the newly Mrs. Arianna Dorough. Their wedding was truly a blessed union.

So that leads me to myself, Coral: what have I done with myself? Perhaps you are curious as to how this crisis have changed me. I have gotten involved with one of the men I helped saved. I myself have settled in Florida to help support his endeavors as he goes into music, I shall leave it that.

This book was not written for a mild show of entertainment. This is reality and my life. This was to show you the most horrific of gangs and how the dead and living are under one estate. Take life and hold onto it for it is something you have only once. For once it is gone you can not gain it back.

This ends my entry now. I hope that my experiences have helped gain you a more understanding of how frightful such things are. To the five men that were involved and to Arianna, thank you. Thank you for sticking through and not giving up. For not once giving up and backing down when danger was heeded. You all are my heroes in my eyes and for that I will be forever blessed.

This book is dedicated to all those survivors and those that have lost their lives to the gang, may you all find peace and rest for the end and destruction of such a violent gang.

-Sincerely Coral (known in the gang as Connie)

Coral looks over the last page one more time and smiles, holding the personal journal in her hands.

“All you need is a title and you’re set.” A voice behinds her responds.

Coral smirks, turning to face the man as she wipes a strand of cinnamon hair off her cheek. “You’re right Nick, got any ideas?”

The golden haired man shakes head and smiles: “Oh I know! How about the “Chronicles of the Eclipses.”

Snickering, she shakes her head: “Ehh maybe, we’ll need something that will make it jump out to the public.”

“If that don’t make them jump then I don’t know what will.” Nick eyes her, making his way over to her looking over the last page smiling.

Coral eyes him, embracing him as she laughs: “I’m sure you got a point there then.”

Nick looks at her in stunned for a little and wraps his arms around her, pulling her close to him grinning: “So I’m getting credit for the title right?”

“Yes, yes, you’ll get some profit if the book sells good.” Coral teases, resting her head on his chest.

“I better, stupid zombies screwed me over.” Nick smiles softly as Coral gathers the papers.

“Yeah they screwed us all over. Let’s go see the married couple shall we? I think Howie is stopping in now since he came back from the honeymoon.” Coral smiles as Nick takes her hand leading her out of the room.

Coral looks back at the open handwritten journal that held the tragedy of the Eclipses and lets out a breath of air, glad that for now that gang has died instantly and the dead are where they belong dead…like they need to be.
~**~
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2444