A Warriors Tale by AJsSweety
Summary: Kevin finds out being on the wrong side of evil is a bad thing, but when he kidnapps Dark Lord Alexanders Lady, he finds keeping her safe from his fellow rebels is hard and then finds that he may be falling in love with her. Could things get any worse.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Action, Alternate Universe, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, Supernatural
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 10838 Read: 10327 Published: 06/20/04 Updated: 06/28/04

1. Ch 1 by AJsSweety

2. Ch 2 by AJsSweety

3. Ch 3 by AJsSweety

4. Ch 1 by AJsSweety

5. Ch 5 by AJsSweety

6. Ch 6 by AJsSweety

7. Ch 7 by AJsSweety

Ch 1 by AJsSweety
A Warriors Tale
By Vicki © 2004

Selina looked down at the man that lay sleeping on the large bed.
“ When was he brought in?”
“ About an hour ago mistress.”
“ Where was he found?”
“ In the woods, the hunters found him.”
“ Was he already this way?” She asked facing the two men that stood near her.
“ Yes mistress he was. We assumed he had been beaten by the rebels and left there to die.”
“ Have him cleaned and have his wounds treated, when he wakes bring him to me.”
“ Yes mistress.”
“ And Arnold if you screw this up, I’ll feed you to the lions.”
“ Yes mistress.” The young man said looking at her. Selina turned and walked from the room, her long cape flowing around her as she moved her way back down the hall to her master.

“ What did you find out Selina?”
“ Another has been brought master.” She said bowing before the hooded man.
“ When will I get to meet him?”
“ When he wakes. It seems the rebels beat us to him. He’s been injured badly.”
“ Make sure his injuries are treated and then bring him to me.”
“ Yes my lord.”
“ Selina, my dear come here.” He said beckoning her to him. Selina moved up the steps and stood at his side, she leaned into his touch as his hands moved out from under the cloak he wore.
“ You are my best warrior, my master taught me well.” He whispered as he pulled her closer to him.
“ Yes.” She sighed as his lips met her own. She deepened the kiss as she wrapped her arms around him. She had missed his touch and his affection.
“ My sweet Selina.” He whispered as he pulled away looking into her fiery blue eyes. They seemed to sparkle with a passion and that passion was only for him. His deep brown eyes held her gaze as his hands moved down her body. She moaned as his hands slowly moved over her breasts, she leaned down and kissed him again and then pulled away.
“ Our guest will be waking soon my lord.” She said pulling the hood away from his face. She smiled as she ran her hands over his face, making sure to run the tip of her finger over the goatee that he had carefully trimmed in just the right design.
“ If he’s a rebel just sent here to infiltrate us, he will become a marter to them as I kill him before their very eyes.”
“ I believe that this one was an innocent my lord.” Selina said.
“ Master Alexander the young man is awake.”
“ Be with him my love.” Alexander said looking into Selina’s eyes.
“ If he is a betrayer, should I kill him?” She asked an evil smile play on her lips.
“ I would like that, but I want to watch you my dear. I haven’t seen you punish a prisoner in a long time.” He whispered as he kissed her neck. Selina smiled and nodded.
“ Then it shall be done.” She said before bowing and turning and leaving the room. The young guard that had summoned her stood in the doorway for several minuets before turning and looking at Alexander.
“ Are you sure it is wise to trust her my lord?” He asked.
“ Why Howard what do you think she will do? Selina is my most trusted adviser and my best lover.” Alexander said looking at his friend.
“ But she has been different as of late my lord. It is hard to control a telepath.”
“ I don’t need to control Selina, she loves me and for that she will give her very life for me.” Alexander said, standing he made his way to his friend. “ Don’t worry so much my old friend, she is to be trusted. If not I shall kill her with my own hands.”
“ I believe that I will keep an eye on her just the same. Something is not right with Selina, ever since she returned from her late night ride she has not been right.”
“ When did she ride at night?”
“ A few nights ago, she was taking the patrol herself rather than send out one of the guards, when she returned she seemed different.”
“ You are just imagining things, this war has everyone on edge.” Alexander said as he and Howard walked down the hallway. Howard shook his head but said nothing, he would keep an eye on Selina himself, something about her lately just didn’t seem right she wasn’t the same woman that was with them just a few months before.

Selina walked into the room where the stranger was and looked at him, two guards stood near the door and snapped to attention as she entered.
“ Is he awake?”
“ Yes mistress.” One said never looking at her. He knew that looking directly at her was forbidden and would surely mean his death. Selina nodded and headed into the room. The stranger sat dressed in new garments and seemed rather confused by his new surroundings.
“ Where am I?” He asked once he noticed that Selina had entered the room.
“ My masters home.” She said simply.
“ And that would be?” He pressed; he didn’t like being kept in the dark and for her answering a question with a phrase he was still in the dark.
“ Do you have a name stranger?” Selina asked. She had been probing his mind but something about him kept her from entering his mind fully and that bothered her.
“ I am Kevin, and again I ask where am I?”
“ You are in the home of Dark Lord Alexander. I am Mistress Selina.” She said with a slight tip of her head.
“ Dark lord? As in the one the Rebels are fighting against?”
“ Very same.” Selina answered with a smile.
“ How did I come to be here?” Kevin asked.
“ Strange question but a logical one, you came to be here because the hunting party found you beaten in my lords woods. You where brought here where your wounds where treated and you where given clean clothing.” Selina answered.
“ Then I thank you for that and I wish to leave.”
“ Ah but that isn’t as easy as it sounds. You must meet my lord first.” Selina said motioning for him to follow her. Kevin looked her up and down then shrugged his shoulders and followed her from the room. He noted that the two guards that had been outside the room followed them down the hall but kept a safe distance and kept their eyes downcast away from her.
“ Why don’t they look at you?”
“ Tis forbidden for any man that my lord hasn’t given permission to look upon my face.” Selina said as she pulled up her hood. The guards raised their heads and walked forward behind Kevin.
“ But I’ve looked upon your face.” Kevin said with some worry in his voice.
“ Don’t worry stranger, this is the only time, unless my master says you can.” Selina said as they entered the chamber that Alexander and Howard where sitting in. Alexander looked up as she entered with Kevin.
“ My dearest I see our guest is awake.” Alexander said motioning for her to join him. Howard moved away from Alexander as Selina took her place next to him.
Ch 2 by AJsSweety
“ Some guest.” Kevin muttered.
“ What do you mean?” Alexander said looking up at the stranger.
“ Followed around by guards that look at the floor.”
“ They are forbidden to look upon the beauty of my dearest love.” Alexander said as he pulled away the hood. The guards that had been in the room quickly moved out and pulled the door shut giving the four privacy.
“ But he’s allowed.”
“ He’s my best friend and most trusted advisor.”
“ And myself?”
“ You are new to my land, new to my laws. So you are forgiven.” Alexander said as he ran his fingers over Selina’s face.
“ Why am I here?” Kevin asked.
“ It seems my hunters found you nearly dead in the woods. My love here seemed to take pity on you.”
“ I did not need her pity.” Kevin growled as he looked at Selina. Selina looked at him and then back towards Alexander.
“ Join us.” Alexander said.
“ Join you?” Kevin asked.
“ Yes join us. I am always looking for a new warrior.” He said.
“ I am unworthy of the honor.” Kevin said.
“ You seem to be able to hold your own, who would punish you like they did?”
“ Some bandits that wanted my money that was all.” Kevin lied. Selina narrowed her eyes as her mind caught the lie.
“ Really now?” Selina asked. She stood and walked towards him, her slender figure swaying ever so slightly under the long cloak she wore over her dress. Kevin watched her as she walked towards him, her eyes watching his, her lips parted ever so slightly as she smiled seductively at him.
“Yes really, I had done nothing wrong and yet they had taken my money.”
“ It seems that the bandits have been getting bad lately.” Alexander said as he watched Selina. “ What are you doing my dear?”
“ He’s lying.” Selina said sitting down on Kevin’s lap. Kevin looked into Selina’s eyes and smiled.
“ How so?” Alexander asked as he made his way to her.
“ There where no bandits.” Selina said as she kissed Kevin’s neck. Kevin moaned loudly as Selina shifted her position on his lap.
“ Is this true?” Alexander asked moving to her side. Kevin looked up at Alexander, he could see and feel the anger that was radiating from the man that now stood before him.
“ Yes.” Kevin said as Selina giggled.
“ I told you. Have I ever lied to you.” She cooed as she moved off of Kevin’s lap.
“ No my dear you have not.” Alexander said as he put his arms around her waist. “ So tell us Kevin how did you get injured?”
“ I was beaten by some rebels that assumed I was working for you.” Kevin said looking at him. Selina smiled evilly.
“ Is he telling the truth?”
“ Yes milord he is.” Selina said as she moved to the corner where Howard stood silently.
“ Why do you hate me so?” She asked. Howard’s eyes snapped to her and then towards the floor.
“ I don’t hate you Selina. I just don’t trust you.”
“ Why? Have I ever done anything to betray Alexander?”
“ No, no you haven’t.” He whispered as he watched Alexander talk to Kevin.
“ Then truly why do you hate me? Is it because you aren’t getting the attention from your friend that I am?” She asked.
“ If you are implying that I am jealous of you I am not.”
“ You are so, the jealously almost pours from your every being. It seeps from your every pour. You can’t deny the feeling you have. But is the jealousy because I have all of his attention, or because he has all of mine?” She asked as she walked away from him. Howard growled, he knew that he needed to learn to lock his feelings away when it came to being near Selina, but something about her almost drove him mad, he wanted her and he tried every way to deny that. But how much longer could he deny the fact that he wanted his lord’s woman. He watched as Selina circled Kevin and Alexander like a tiger with its prey. She finally sat down on the floor near Alexander’s feet so she could listen to their every word. But no one could be fooled by her submissive behavior she was far from a submissive, a woman with a mind of her own and a warrior with the same training that he had. She could out fight even his best men in a duel. She was beautiful to look upon but she was deadly, it was the one thing he learned quickly from being close to her. Snakes often come in pretty packages.
Ch 3 by AJsSweety
“ So tell me Kevin, why did you lie about the way you became injured?”
“ Because of shame milord.” Kevin answered.
“ You are a strong man I am guessing and one that would rather have been beaten by bandits than by rebels.”
“ This is true, do you know who leads them milord?”
“ At this time that information is far beyond my reach.” Alexander answered.
“ Let me enter their camp, let me befriend them and see who leads them. Please.” Kevin said.
“ Revenge?” Alexander asked.
“ In some ways yes, but I’ve seen the power you’ve got here and there is nothing better than what you have, and I wish to be a part of it. Let me.” Kevin said.
“ You will take Selina with you.” Alexander said looking down at her. Selina nodded her approval and stood.
“ But milord are you sure this is wise? Have the rebels not seen her face?”
“ No, for my dear never leaves the confines of this castle without her cloak. She has always kept her face hidden from prying eyes.” He answered. Kevin nodded and looked at Selina.
“ When do we leave?”
“ When you are healed. For now I must have cook prepare an extra place at the table for supper.” Selina said leaving the three men alone.
“ She’s a strange one.”
“ That she is.” Howard agreed.
“ How long has she been with you?”
“ Selina and I have been inseparable for the last ten years.” Alexander said.
“ Ten years is a long time. She can’t be more that..”
“ She’s twenty-eight. She was found by my father when she was just a child.”
“ Found?”
“ Yes found. Or so my father told me. He said he found her wondering the woods alone and knew I needed a compainon so he brought her here to be trained. I have known about her since she was six, but she didn’t become my lady until she was eighteen.”
“ Why such a long wait?”
“ One that is to become the Lady to the Lord of the land must be trained and groomed in the proper edicate. When Alexander’s father learned that Selina had a special power he said that she would be a most powerful ally for Alexander in the coming war.”
“ So he knew of the war between those of the light and the darkness.”
“ That he did. Alexander’s father foresee the future enough to know he would not live to watch his son win this war and rule the lands.” Howard answered. He knew that the last part was a stretch but Alexander didn’t know that. Howard was with Alexander’s father when he died, he should have been he was the one that killed him. Alexander smiled and looked to see Selina reentering the hall.
“ Cook said supper will be ready within the hour with an extra place prepared for our guest. Now if Kevin would follow me I’ll show him to his rightful quarters.” Selina said pulling her hood up and heading from the room. Kevin quickly followed Selina from the room and two guards closed the doors.

“ What do you think of him my friend?” Alexander asked.
“ He will be a strong ally in the coming war.”
“ But will he betray us?”
“ If Selina trusts him then so shall I.” Howard answered.
“ I foresee that my lady love does not full trust our new guest. That was the reason I said I was sending her with him, her telepathic abilities can alert me to any trickery before they can return to the castle.”
“ But are you willing to sacrifice her?”
“ She will not die. Selina was trained well and knows how to defend herself, she will be fine.”
“ I surely hope you are right milord.” Howard said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Are you sure that sending him in there is going to be the best thing?”
“ No Nickolas I don’t but Kevin insisted that he be the one to be sent in.”
“ Brian believe me if I could have gone I would have.” The young blonde said looking at his friend.
“ I know, but if he convinces them that he was beaten by the rebels he might be able to bring us something from within the castle walls.”
“ What of Lord Alexander’s Mistress Selina?”
“ She would be a wonderful prize, that would turn this war in our favor my young friend. If Kevin could get her out of the castle walls, Alexander would trade everything he has for her safe return.”
“ Even if Kevin was giving up his own sister?”
“ Yes even then. And that information will never get to Kevin. Swear to me Nickolas that Kevin will never know that Selina is his sister.”
“ I swear it Brian, but you’re his cousin why are you keeping this from him?”
“ Because she’s not his sister anymore, she’s not the same sweet child that was taken many years ago. She’s evil and that evil will be purged from this land. She will die along side her Dark Lord.”
“ But from what I’ve seen Selina has never hurt anyone.”
“ She’s been trained to kill and has killed plenty of my men, I know your young Nickolas and too young to understand that once a person has become evil there is no turning them good again. She’s not that carefree child from Kevin’s past.”
“ I understand my friend. But what of Howard? He’s betrayed the Dark lord before and yet he still does not know of the betrayal.”
“ That is true. But I believe that Howard has been in there to long, has become like them.”
“ I surely hope your wrong on that I can not lose another friend to that monster.”
“ I know. Come we have planning to do.” Brian said heading towards their hidden camp.
Ch 1 by AJsSweety
A/N: Thanks to Purpura lipstick for enjoying this. Here is another chapter.


“ How long until Kevin is healed?”
“ It will be several weeks.” Howard said looking at Alexander.
“ Then during that time I want him training with Selina.”
“ Then it shall be done milord. But what are we to do when they are ready to leave. Remember no one has ever been allowed to see Selina’s face. She’s used to wearing her cloak at all times.”
“ I’m unsure. But I will not think of that right now, I will just be ready for when the time comes. We will finally be able to defeat those rebels.”
“ Yes milord we will.”
“ Where is Selina right now?”
“ I believe that Mistress Selina is meditating in her garden.” Howard said. Alexander nodded and waved for Howard to leave. Howard bowed slightly and hurried from the room. Alexander stood and pulled his deep black robe closed as he walked out into the garden. He knew exactly where to find his Selina, her quiet place.

Selina sat in the center of the garden. Her legs crossed, her arms at her sides, the only thing she wore was her sleeping dress and her long black cloak. Her long red hair hung down and could be seen past the hood as she sat. Alexander entered her quiet place and sat down behind her. His hands touching her shoulders and slowly moving down her arms. He knew he could never break her concentration, her training had taught her that much. Selina opened her eyes and leaned back against him.
“ Hello.” She cooed.
“ Hello.” He said with a smile. He could see the deep purples and reds of the setting sun from her place in the garden.
“ Has something happened?” She asked feeling his uncertainty.
“ No, there is nothing wrong.”
“ Your worried. I can feel it.”
“ I do not trust this Kevin, not yet.”
“ I know. His mind is closed to me. I can not break threw the wall to see what he is hiding.”
“ Soon my dear, soon you will gain his trust and he will lower his guard.”
“ What of the traitor?”
“ The boy?”
“ Yes the boy. He claims to have not acted alone. But will not tell who he acted with. May I try?” Selina asked.
“ Aaron is a smart boy, has been with my regiment for many years, I assumed he was trust worthy, but I will let him live if he tells me who he acted for.”
“ I will find out for you.” Selina said closing her eyes. She sighed as she felt his thoughts flood her mind, some of the impending war, some of his love for her, but one thought puzzled her, his distrust of Howard.
“ What do you see?”
“ Many things are troubling you. Tell me Milord.” Selina said, she had always let him tell her what was on his mind rather than tell him what she had seen.
“ The war that is coming will be a hard and long one. Will you fight by my side?”
“ As always.” Selina said touching his hand.
“ My love for you. Even as cold as my heart has become, you seem to warm it.”
“ You aren’t as cold and demonic as the people think you are. Yes you are a master of evil and the master of all darkness but you don’t let that control you. You have a kind heart when you want to.”
“ That I do. But what else did you feel my love?”
“ You have a new distrust for Howard? Why?”
“ Something puzzles me about him. He wants to poison me against you. Saying you’ve changed. I know you better than I know myself. You are my soul I know you’ve not changed.”
“ But he has?”
“ Something in him has changed. I don’t know what.”
“ Would you like me to see?”
“ I fear that he wants what I have.”
“ Your kingdom or me?”
“ Both.” Alexander said holding her closer. Selina held onto his arms and ran her fingers over the tattoos that decorated them.
“ I only love you. I only kill for you.” Selina said. She turned herself around so she was facing him.
“ I know, but sometimes he places doubts in my mind.”
“ Then maybe it’s time I place some in his.” Selina said.
“ He keeps his mind to closely guarded and you know it.”
“ Yes that is true. So does our stranger. Kevin keeps his thoughts hidden from me.”
“ As if he was trained?” Alexander asked.
“ Maybe. I will find out the more I train with him.”
“ You will, come it’s time for us to retire.” Alexander said standing and holding out his hand to her. She took his hand and stood. He led her from the garden and back into the castle.
“ You wont find out who Aaron is working with.” Howard said with an evil smile. “ I will take care of that myself.” He said as he disappeared into the shadows once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron looked around the dismal cell he had been placed in, labeled a traitor. He was not acting on his own and he wanted to prove that to Lord Alexander if they’d only let him speak to him. He heard the dungeon door open and had assumed that Selina had come to speak to him, she seemed to like him a lot.
“ Are we speaking out of turn Aaron?” Howard’s voice echoed threw the dungeon. Aaron tensed up as he saw Howard step out of the shadows.
“ You traitorous bastard. You will let me die before you tell him wouldn’t you?”
“ Precisely.” Howard said.
“ I will tell Lord Alexander everything.”
“ Not if your dead you wont.”
“ Don’t you think Selina would feel the pain of a death threw this castle? One hasn’t happened here in ten years.”
“ Very true. But I believe that Lord Alexander has been keeping her rather distracted.”
“ Not that distracted. I know Selina well enough to know that she can feel everything.” Aaron said looking at Howard. Howard knew the boy was right and if he killed him in the castle Selina would feel it. He turned and heard the door open again.
“ Looks like you’ve been spared for now. Speak my name to Lord Alexander or to Mistress Selina and you will never be able to speak again.” Howard warned. Aaron stepped backwards away from the cell door knowing if Howard got his hands on him it would mean his doom. Howard turned and hurried from the dungeon as two guards moved down the stairs. The traitor wasn’t seen slipping from the dungeon as the guards advanced on their newest prisoner. Aaron’s pain filled screams echoed threw the castle as the torture began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina sat blot up right in bed feeling Aaron’s sudden pain.
“ What is wrong my dear?”
“ The torture of the new prisoner wasn’t to begin till I started it.” Selina said. He could see she as angry and that meant she was going to punish several guards. Pulling on her nightdress and then her cloak she slipped from the room. Alexander lay back against the pillows and smiled. He knew someone within the castle walls would pay with their lives that night. Selina made her way down the stairs into the dungeon and saw the two guards.
“ STOP!” Selina shouted. Both guards stopped and looked towards the voice. Both gasped when they realized they had awakened Mistress Selina.
“ Mistress.” One said bowing his head.
“ What where your orders?”
“ To do nothing until we heard from you.”
“ And yet here you are. Is he still alive?”
“ Yes mistress.”
“ Aaron, I’ll make the pain stop.”
“ I can’t tell.” Aaron said looking away from her.
“ You will tell me or the pain they gave you will pale in comparison to what I will do to you.” Selina warned. Aaron’s eyes grew wide, but he was too weak to tell her what she needed to hear.
“ Have his wounds treated.”
“ But mistress?”
“ Do you want to join him?”
“ No mistress.”
“ Then do as your told. I want no one near him and I mean no one. If I find that even Sir Howard has been near the boy I will have your head.” Selina warned.
“ Yes mistress.” He answered. With that Selina turned on her heal and started up the stairs.
“ Oh and boys, I want to see you in Lord Alexander’s main chambers in the morning.”
“ Yes Mistress.” They both answered. She could hear them moving Aaron back into his cell. She could feel another presence in the room, she closed her eyes and opened her mind.
“ Howard.” She hissed. She couldn’t get into his mind. She wondered what he was up to. She knew that meant she would have to speak to Alexander about this first thing in the morning.
Ch 5 by AJsSweety
A/N This chapter is one of the larger ones I kind of got carried away. Hope you like it

The next morning Selina stood by Alexander’s side as the two men from the night before where being led into the room. Both where shoved to their knees before them.
“ Why are they here my dear?” Alexander asked looking into Selina’s eyes.
“Punishment.” Selina said standing. Alexander watched as she walked towards the two men.
“ Do you remember why you’re here?” She asked touching their face.
“ Yes Mistress.”
“ Tell your master why you’re here.” Selina said looking at them. One of the men looked up at Alexander and sighed.
“ We punished the new prisoner without permission.” He said looking at Alexander for pity.
“ Well my dear it seems that it’s your call, what are you going to do with them?”
“ I was hoping you’d ask that. As punishment for disobeying me you shall receive the same treatment the prisoner did.” Selina said with a smile. “ And since I wasn’t in the room with you when you tortured him, I will allow this pleasure to fall to the captain of the guard.” She added looking towards the doorway. A large man stood in the doorway his head bowed slightly as he accepted the orders given. Selina moved back to Alexander’s side and ran her fingers over his cheek.
“ I am pleased.” Alexander said.
“ I have a prisoner to deal with.” She said looking at him.
“ The boy?”
“ Him too.” She said leaning down and kissing him, the hood of her cloak covered their faces as she felt Howard enter the room. She reached her mind out to his and he cried out in pain. Alexander pulled away from Selina and looked towards his friend.
“ What is wrong?” He asked.
“ Nothing.” Howard answered messaging his temples.
“ What brings you here this morning Sir Howard?” Selina said turning towards him. Howard’s eyes watched her every move.
“ I heard you where punishing some of my guards.”
“ That I was. And it was my right.”
“ Why?”
“ It was none of your concern.” Selina answered brushing past him. “ Cross me Howard and Alexander will know of your traitorous acts.” She whispered leaving them alone.
“ Seems your lady is on edge today.”
“ She was awakened last night.” Alexander said standing.
“ So it seems. I’ve heard what had happened. I could have dealt with the guards.”
“ She was in charge of the boy, it was her problem to deal with.” Alexander answered looking at his friend.
“ You trust her with to much.”
“ Milord.” Kevin said entering the room.
“ Is there something you need Kevin?”
“ I cannot find Selina. I was to be training with her today.” He said.
“ She’s dealing with a prisoner at the moment. You will find her down in the dungeon.”
“ Thank you Milord.” Kevin said bowing and exiting the room as quietly as he had entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ What do we do if we don’t hear from Kevin soon?” Nickolas asked.
“ He will be gone for a few weeks, we did a great job of injuring him. He has to make them believe that he’s trust worthy.”
“ Kevin can convince anyone of that.”
“ Yes I know. But think of it this way my young friend if we get what we want, this will change everything.”
“ I hear there is great power within the walls of the castle, that Lord Alexander hides a great power beneath his very home.” An old man said walking towards them.
“ Who are you old man?”
“ They call me Adam. I was in the employ of the Lord for a great many years. Before I was banished.”
“ I had never heard of Lord Robert ever banning anyone from his castle.”
“ He didn’t, Lord Alexander did. When Alexander’s father was killed he became the pinnacle of evil, the very vessel that evil resides.”
“ What have you learned of Selina?”
“ Mistress Selina is a telepath, I’ve only seen her face but a few times. Her raven locks where always kept sweeping around her pale face, her piercing blue eyes seemed to see within a mans very soul. Her slender figure could intice even the most chasten man.”
“ Wow, that is more of Mistress Selina than any one has ever seen.”
“ I was a lucky man to see her in all her glory. She bares a tattoo on her right shoulder blade of a bloody rose, a bloody dagger on her shoulder and dragon on her left shoulder blade.”
“ For a woman so beautiful, how would you have seen such things?”
“ I am the one that gave them to her.”
“ Really? I would have never expected Lord Alexander to allow anyone to give her such intricate tattoos.”
“ The dragon was his idea, matches the one that is on his back, but where his is red hers is black. I believe that those two are meant for each other.”
“ I don’t dispute that but I fear that their evil has corrupted our lands.” Brian said looking at the old man.
“ Selina isn’t as bad as she seems. She does things to please her lord. But between them they share a love that even evil can’t deminish.” Adam said. Brian wasn’t sure if what Adam said was true but he had finally found out what Selina looked like and proved once and for all Selina wasn’t Kevin’s missing sister.
“ You seek Jasmine?”
“ You’re a telepath?”
“ Yes that I am. I felt that you seek one that you thought was Selina.”
“ Yes, for years we had assumed that Selina was my cousin Kevin’s missing sister.”
“ Jasmine was once in the castle, but she became very ill and died many years ago. Selina is my child.” Adam said.
“ Wait, you allowed your child to become like that?”
“ Selina has a mind of her own. But for a short time, her and Jasmine where playmates until she had become sick. I had feared that Jasmine had made my Selina ill as well, but I was spared that when Jasmine passed but my Selina did not.” Adam said. Brian nodded and understood what Adam meant. Nickolas watched them talk and then decided he would go for a walk. He missed his own family terribly, his parents still slaves within the walls of the castle, his sisters probably maids, and his little brother, he was unsure of what had happened to Aaron.
“ We will free them all Nickolas.” Brian said placing his hand on his friend’s shoulder.
“ I just hope they are all still alive.”
“ I trust that they are. Come it’s nearly noon and I am starved.” Brian said leading his friend back into the camp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ We have prisoners to deal with my dear.” Alexander said looking at Selina
“ You’re coming with me?” She said with a hint of surprise in her voice.
“ Yes.” Alexander said taking her hand in his own and following her down into the dungeon. As they descended the stairs they both could hear the soft crying of the prisoner. Selina stopped in front of the cell and touched the bars.
“ What is wrong child.” She whispered. Aaron sniffled and looked towards the wall.
“ Nothing mistress, what is my punishment?” He asked. Alexander wondered why he was so freely asking for a punishment, most would be begging for forgiveness.
“ Wait my dearest.”
“ What?” She asked looking at him.
“ Why do you ask so quickly for you punishment Aaron? Why do you not fight like the others?”
“ There is no reason to fight. She knows I did something wrong.”
“ I can feel you’ve done wrong, but what you’ve done wrong was to yourself. Tell me boy, by who’s orders did you act?”
“ I beg you not to ask me that.” Aaron said.
“ Why?” Alexander asked.
“ I can not tell you.” He answered.
“ Even if the punishment you would receive would be worse than that you received last night?”
“ Yes.”
“ Come Selina, we must talk.” Alexander said pulling her aside.
“ What?”
“ Something isn’t right, he’s protecting someone.”
“ I can feel he fears someone, but it’s not just us.”
“ Leave him here to think of his actions. I will think of a fitting punishment at a later time.”
“ All right.” Selina said looking towards Aaron, she could not understand why he was protecting someone else, and most of the other guards would have given up another to save themselves in an instant.
“ But this kind of loyalty is hard to find.”
“ This is true. But I fear it isn’t out of loyalty that he lies to us.”
“ Then what is it?” He asked her.
“ Fear, someone has threatened him. He fears a fate far worse than we can bestow upon him.”
“ I will find out who is behind this. I do not like this kind of thing within my own ranks.”
“ Believe me milord I understand completely.” Selina said taking his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howard watched them leave the dungeon and then stepped from the shadows and approached Aaron’s cell.
“ Very good, you’ll live another day.”
“ I can not keep lying to them, Mistress Selina already suspects me.”
“ That is none of your concern.”
“ What of Lord Alexander? He will not rest until he knows who has done this.”
“ You will die before you end up reviling that it was I that betrayed him.”
“ Sir you know I am a loyal soldier and would keep my word, I’ve not let you down yet.” He said.
“ Yes I am pleased with that. For now you stay where you are, as to not arise suspicion with the lord and his mistress.” Howard said leaving the room. Leaving Aaron alone with his thoughts once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin had been training with the other guards for the better part of the day, many of then feared the arrival of Mistress Selina, but Kevin almost rejoiced in the fact that she was coming to check on his progress. He needed her to trust him; he would not be able to remove her from the castle unless she fully trusted him. The trumpets sounded announcing the arrival of Selina; all those that had been practicing snapped to attention and lowered their eyes as the cloaked woman entered the room. To Kevin’s surprise Alexander was at her side. This was not part of the plan, it had been nearly three days since he had arrived in the castle and his wounds had nearly healed and he needed to get out of their before Selina picked up on his thoughts.
“ Milord, I was not expecting you today.” The captain of the guard said bowing to him.
“ I decided to come and see what Selina does all day when she’s away from me.”
“ Would you like to inspect the troops sire?” He asked. Alexander nodded and descended the large staircase and entered the arena where the soldiers where training. Alexander looked over each and every one of them stopping before a young soldier he had never seen before.
“ What is your name boy?”
“ Marcus, milord.”
“ Well Marcus, when did you arrive?”
“ He arrived just last week milord.” Selina said stepping up behind him.
“ Is he any good?”
“ Very good actually. A great marksman, handy with a sword and is learning hand to hand combat from Simon.”
“ Very nice. We’ve needed someone like him for a long time.”
“ Yes, I was thinking of adding him to my personal guard.”
“ Be my guest. This young man would be a perfect addition to your guards.”
“ That’s what I was thinking.”
“ How are we coming along Kevin?” Alexander asked turning to him.
“ Things are coming along fine Milord, my wounds are nearly healed and I am ready to depart when ever Milady Selina is ready.” Kevin said tipping his head. Alexander wasn’t sure if he liked Kevin’s attitude towards Selina.
“ You still need a few more days in training. I saw how you handled yourself with my best guards, and if the rebels can beat you, you are not ready yet. My dear would you like to demonstrate?”
“ I’d be delighted.” Selina answered. She reached up and pulled on the cord that held her cloak closed and let it slip past her shoulders and to the floor. Kevin’s eyes followed the flow of the long black dress she wore up to the silver and gold crested armor she wore over her chest. The large dragon in the center of the plate told him it was a family crest. Selina leaned over and kissed Alexander passionately before pulling her sword and heading for the ring.
“ Come Kevin. I want to see how well you fight.” She said as she entered the large round ring. Kevin was handed a sword and he entered the ring, it was the first time he noticed that all of the men in the room where paying attention to Selina’s every move, as if she where a great teacher. She stood in a fighting stance and smiled evilly at him. Kevin raised his sword and smiled back. The two fought for nearly an hour, nether giving up to the other. Kevin howled in pain as Selina drew first blood, drawing the blade of her sword across his shoulder. She then turned and flipped him over and pinned him to the floor, the tip of her sword at his throat.
“ I submit.” Kevin said releasing the grip on his own sword.
“ You’ve got talent, no man has ever gone this long with Selina. I must say you’ve healed well. But I still would like two more days of training. Come Selina, we are finished here.” Alexander said holding his hand out to her. Selina helped Kevin to his feet and then took Alexander’s hand. Kevin watched them both walk up the stairs and out of the room.
“ No one has ever nearly beaten Mistress Selina in a duel.”
“ She’s very good.” Kevin whispered.
“ She was trained by the same man that trained Lord Alexander, Sir Howard and many others. She’s very good but be warned she’s very deadly.”
“ So I’ve noticed.” Kevin said touching the still bleeding wound in his arm. Now that he knew she could defend herself, he had to find a way to get her from the castle unarmed. This was going to be more difficult than he thought.
Ch 6 by AJsSweety
“ You seemed to enjoy that my dear.”
“ Sparing with the guards is always one of my favorite pass times, you know that.” Selina answered looking into his eyes. Alexander nodded and led her further down the hall.
“ I thought we had a prisoner to deal with?”
“ I’ve decided that Aaron may remain there for a few more hours. He is not going anywhere I have other matters to attend to.” Selina said.
“ What other matters?”
“ There are whispers in the court saying that we have a traitor among our people I want to know who it may be.” Selina said.
“ Really my dear, you must stop listening to every little rumor you hear.”
“ Let me have this task, for when I find the traitor I will bring him before you for punishment.”
“ Very well. But if the rumors are just that rumors don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Alexander said kissing her. Selina nodded and turned and headed down the hall away from him. Howard stepped out of a side room and looked at his friend.
“ She seems suspicious of everyone as of late milord.”
“ She has every right, I’ve heard those same rumors. I worry that if she finds the traitor it will cost her, her life.”
“ It could at that. So why don’t you order her not to follow the rumors?”
“ Because once my Selina sets her mind to something she wont let anything I say change it. I wish you’d understand that by now. And remember Howard it is I that rules this land and if I wanted to stop Selina I would have.” Alexander said turning and looking at his friend.
“ My apologies milord.” Howard said bowing slightly.
“ Don’t you have something you should be doing?”
“ Yes Milord.” Howard said turning and leaving him alone. Alexander entered his chambers and closed the door behind him. Howard was angry and all the guards that stood in the hall could see that as he stormed down the hall, he was going to stop Selina if it was the last thing he did. She would not expose him as the traitor to Alexander that would surely be the last thing he needed, he was so close to ruling this pitiful little country and he wasn’t about to let a little telepath get in his way. He got rid of Lord Robert easily enough, but his son was proving to be much more of a challenge and with Selina by his side nearly every waking moment it was even worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin sat in his chambers after he had cleaned the wound Selina had inflicted upon him. He wondered if he’d be able to remove her from the castle without much of a fight. He had been listening to the whispers of the guards and the rumors that Sir Howard was a traitor. That he wanted the throne himself and would kill Lord Alexander himself to get it, but he wasn’t entirely sure if the rumors where true or not he’d have to check more into it. But what intrigued him was Selina, how powerful she was how magnificent she was when she was handling her sword. It made his breath catch in his throat just thinking about her.
“ What am I thinking? She’s the Dark Lord’s woman. She’s the reason I have no family the reason my family is gone.” Kevin cursed.
“ Did you say something sir?” A young dark hair girl said. Kevin looked at the girl and could see the family resemblance of Nickolas in her features.
“ Your Nickolas’s family?”
“ You’ve seen my brother?” She asked coming closer to him.
“ Yes I have, what is your name child?”
“ Her name is Angel, what have I told you about entering a male guards quarters Angel?” Selina’s voice demanded.
“ Never enter their room, I am sorry mistress, I was cleaning. I..I did not know he was here.” She stuttered.
“ She did not, I was not even aware of her presence myself until she spoke.” Kevin said looking at Selina.
“ You will come to see me later Angel for now leave.” Selina said looking at her. Angel nodded and quickly left the room. Kevin looked at Selina and then shook his head.
“ She didn’t know I was here. It was nothing more than an accident.”
“ An accident that could have gotten her killed. She will be punished for not following orders.” Selina said looking at him.
“ You’re a cold hearted woman.”
“ Warm hearts only get you killed. My heart only warms for one man, and he is my lord.” Selina said looking at him.
“ Does your lord keep you safe Selina?”
“ I keep myself safe, you saw that today in the training room.” Selina countered.
“ Why where you here?”
“ I heard two voices as I walked past your room. I knew that no woman was allowed in a guards room.”
“ You’re a woman, yet you are here.”
“ I am the mistress of the castle I go where I please.” Selina said.
“ You seem to have one standard of laws for them and one set of laws for yourself.”
“ It’s the perks of sleeping with Lord Alexander.”
“ What if he grew tired of your company? What would you do then?”
“ If you are speaking of the whores that Alexander keeps in his bed from time to time I know of them. And they are dead by the time the next sunset, I am not a woman that will share her man.”
“ Yet he finds other women to satisfy his urges? Why is that?”
“ I grow tired of this conversation, if you value your life it will not be brought up again.” Selina said looking into Kevin’s eyes. Kevin pulled her close and kissed her passionately, Selina tried to push him away but he held her tightly to him. Finally he broke the kiss and released Selina. Selina reached up and slapped him hard across the face.
“ That could get you killed sir.” She said looking at him. Her eyes where full of desire, her voice full of anger. Selina turned on her heal and left Kevin alone, slamming the large oak door behind her. Kevin let out a deep throaty laugh and sat down on the large bed.
“ So you do have a weakness. And I think I may have found it.” Kevin said laying back against the silk sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina stormed down the hallway, guards avoided her gaze as she passed them by. They could tell by the way she carried herself that something or someone had angered her and she was going to the meditation room to release some tension. Word spread quickly that something had upset mistress Selina and the word reached Alexander. Alexander nodded when the young man came with the news. He stood and walked down the long corridor towards where Selina would spend hours meditating. He could hear threw the closed door the sounds of the chimes, he could smell the incense, jasmine scented incense to be exact. That meant the news was true someone had angered her. Slowly opening the door, he found her sitting in the center of the room, but to his surprise she was completely naked. Closing and locking the large door he moved towards her. The large scented candles gave the room a beautiful glow and made Selina’s skin seem to almost glow itself. Her long hair hung well past her shoulders covering her face. But it was the sound of her sniffling that broke his cold heart. She was crying, someone had upset his dearest love and for that they would pay with their lives. Shedding of his own clothing he slowly sat down next to her, turning his body so his legs where on either side of her as he finally pulled her form into his arms. Selina held onto him and began to cry, he hadn’t seen her do that since her father had been banish nearly five years before. He held her tightly as she cried, running his fingers threw her hair feeling her tears roll down his naked skin.
“ Tell me my love, who has broken your heart?” Alexander asked.
“ What does it matter?” Selina asked looking up into his eyes.
“ Because I fear that if your heart is breaking so is mine, please tell me who has taken the spirit away from my dark angel.”
“ I will deal with him myself.” She whispered holding him close. Alexander wasn’t satisfied with this answer but knew Selina’s mind well enough to she would deal with the one who had hurt her, but it worried him that someone could do this to her.
“ Please my dark angel, let me take your pain away.” Alexander said kissing her lips lightly. Selina looked into his eyes, he ran his fingers over her cheeks whipping the tears away. He deepened the kiss, their tongues fighting for control as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He lay her back on the large mat that lay in the center of the room.
“ You are my dark angel, the one true thing that makes me know that even my dark heart can love.” Alexander said, he held her, his right hand behind her head as his left moved down her body. He leaned down and began kissing her neck, soft moans escaped her lips as his lips moved down her neck to her collarbone, his tongue licking his way down her chest. He took her nipple into his mouth and then began sucking on it, he moved to the other giving it the same treatment. He began kissing his way down her body again. He looked up at her, he could see the desire in her eyes, and the desire he knew as only for him.
“ You love me?”
“ With all of my cold heart.” She whispered. Alexander moved so he was on top of her. He took her arms and pinned them above her head and kissed her again.
“ I will make your pain go away.” He whispered in her ear as he slammed into her. She wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him deeper into her. She needed to feel all of him that night, she needed to know that he needed her. Her senses where on over drive as he moved in and out of her at a fast pace. Her hips meeting his own in perfect rhythm, she leaned up and kissed his lips wanting to feel his love fully. She could feel her orgasm close but she held it wanting to feel him cum first, she wanted to cum when he did, she wanted their pleasure to last as long as it could.
“ Oh god.” She whispered arching her back.
“ I can feel it.” He said to her.
“ I am so close. Together we must together.” She said to him. Alexander knew what she meant as he thrust into her harder and felt her orgasm hit her in waves triggering his own. She screamed his name as he screamed hers. He lay his head down on her chest, coming down from their natural high. Selina ran her fingers threw his dark spiked hair.
“ You’ve always been the perfect lover.” She said kissing him.
“ So have you. But my angel, I still want to know who hurt you so?”
“ If I can not deal with him on my own, then milord I will bring him to you for punishment, a punishment fitting the crime.” She said to him.
“ Agreed.” He said rolling onto his back. Selina lay her head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around her. He could feel her breathing starting to slow, and could feel she had drifted off into a deep slumber.
“ I will punish who hurt my dark angel. The man that did this will hang in the court yard for the rebels to see that who ever crosses me shall die a most painful death.” Alexander promised as he too drifted off into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Should we open it?” The guard asked.
“ If you wish to remain living I’d advise not.” Howard said looking at the guards.
“ There hasn’t been a sound from in there in over three hours.”
“ Mistress Selina is known for meditating for several days if she’s been upset enough.” Howard said.
“ But sir, Lord Alexander went into the room.”
“ I find nothing out of the ordinary with that. Leave them alone. If you value your lives I’d advise that you leave them alone.” Howard warned. He walked away with an evil smile on his face, this could not have worked out any better. Selina’s meditation chamber was sound proof and was known that she would enter it and wouldn’t come from it for days at a time. Now that he had given the order to have no one enter the room no matter what, he could go and do as he pleased. Alexander would be none the wiser of the change in his kingdom while he was away meditating with Selina.
Ch 7 by AJsSweety
Alexander held Selina close and felt her drifting in and out of a fitful sleep, he knew something had to be done and he would deal with that right now. Sliding out from under her he placed her cloak over her body covering it as he quickly dressed. He lifted her into his arms and opened the door.
“ Milord.” He heard the guard say.
“ Has anyone been here?”
“ Other than Sir Howard, no one sire.” He said.
“ Really? I will have to speak to my old friend.” Alexander said as he ascended the stairs. He first stopped in his quarters where he lay Selina’s sleeping form on the bed. He pulled the covers up and kissed her head.
“ I shall return.” He whispered. He then stood and left the room.
“ Summon Sir Howard, tell him I want him in the main chambers in five minuets.” He said to a young guard. The guard nodded and rushed off on his task.
“ Milord is there something wrong?” Kevin asked.
“ Seems someone within my castle walls has upset Selina and I intend on finding out who that scoundrel is and ridding him of his head.”
“ Really now Milord? Are you entirely sure that Selina had nothing to do with it?” Kevin asked innocently.
“ Selina has always been a very loyal and trust worthy lover. Why would I start questioning her now?”
“ I’ve heard you keep company with whores from time to time milord.”
“ I have been known to have a few.”
“ And mistress Selina is fine with this?” Kevin posed the question. Alexander looked at him and then thought for a moment, maybe it was partly is own fault for what had happened. But even so, someone had taken advantage of her and had upset her.
“ Even if I had been at fault for my Selina’s distress I will not allow any man to take advantage of her sometimes rather naïve nature.”
“ I understand this milord. If you need some assistance in finding this nave that has hurt her I will offer my services.”
“ For now Kevin, I wish you to stay outside my quarters and wait for my return.”
“ Yes milord.” Kevin said heading down the hall. Kevin smiled, this couldn’t be working out more perfectly. He stopped in front of Alexander’s room and looked around. It was right during the change of guard so the halls where empty and would be for several minuets. He slipped into the room unnoticed and looked towards the large bed. He could hear her soft crying from where he stood in the shadows. He knew she hadn’t heard him enter the room as she slid from the bed and pulled on some clothing. He watched as she dressed and then she reached for her cloak.
“ Don’t you ever just leave without that?” He asked from the shadows.
“ Where are you?” She asked turning around. She still couldn’t see him and in some ways that frightened her.
“ I am right here.” He answered stepping from the shadows. She looked at his face and growled.
“ You’re the reason I feel this way. The feeling of betrayal, I didn’t betray him yet I feel as if I did.”
“ Because of one kiss milady? That is strange how one kiss can make you feel that way.”
“ Why are you here?” She hissed.
“ Lord Alexander asked if I’d stand watch over you. I’d rather leave with you.” He said softly.
“ Leave with me?” She asked looking at him. She still couldn’t get into his mind and this bothered her, things would slip out but the important things he’d keep hidden behind the dark wall in his mind. Even as evil as Alexander was his mind wasn’t as dark as this mans.
“ Well of course.” Kevin said looking into her confused eyes.
“ To where?”
“ To where ever I say. And don’t bother to use your telepathic abilities because you’ll be dead before anyone can get to you if you even try.” Kevin said pulling his sword.
“ So I could just scream.”
“ Not likely.” Kevin said looking at her. “ You want this war to end as much as the rebels do.”
“ Not really, if this war pleases Alexander then it pleases me.” She said as Kevin grabbed her arms and tied her wrists together.
“ Now we leave.”
“ How? The guards will notice us leaving out the front gates.”
“ A little birdie told me about some secret passages around here. How about we use those.” Kevin said shoving her forward. Touching the wall it slid aside revealing a stairway. Selina closed her eyes and sighed. She could feel the uncertainty in Kevin’s actions, but she knew if she reached her powers out further her link with Alexander would be triggered.
“ I said don’t.”
“ How?”
“ Don’t ask. Just don’t.” Kevin said making her walk down the stairs. The stairs led to a dark hallway, they followed it to another wall, Kevin pulled down on the torch and the wall slid aside showing the outside of the castle. The forest that was just beyond was his safe haven. Selina looked over her shoulder at him and then up at the castle.
“ He’ll kill you to get me back.”
“ He’ll end the war to get you back.”
“ Don’t bet on that.” Selina said. Kevin shoved her forward as they walked into the mist and seemed to disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ What where you thinking?” Alexander asked looking at his friend.
“ Nothing milord.” Howard answered. He knelt there before his master, an angry red gash marring his normally beautiful face.
“ You had to be thinking something to try this.” Alexander said stalking around his friend.
“ To be honest milord?”
“ You best be or you’re going to be joining Aaron in a matching cell.”
“ I thought I’d rally your troops and ready them for the climax of the war.”
“ You don’t know when that is. And you are to consult me on matters of that importance. You know this Howard.”
“ Yes milord.”
“ For your insolence you will spend time in dungeon.”
“ Milord it was an error in judgment does it warrant such a harsh punishment?”
“ I believe it does. Guards take him away. When I’ve calmed I will come and decide a more suiting punishment for one such traitor.” Alexander said looking at Howard. Howard’s eyes grew wide at the realization that his friend knew his secret.
“ You knew?”
“ I have eyes and ears everywhere Howard, I have loyal followers. Do you really believe that they would face my wrath following you? Take him away.”
“ I will have what I want Alexander. You will die before the next full moon. And your lady will be mine.” Howard screamed as he was dragged from the room.
“ Not likely old friend.” Alexander said sitting upon his throne. He looked around the room; he had a sudden uneasy feeling. Standing he headed down the hallway towards his chambers. Shoving open the partially open door he saw that Selina and Kevin both where gone. Selina’s cloak lay at the end of the bed where he had placed it, yet she was gone. Something was not right.
“ GUARDS!” Alexander shouted.
“ Milord?” Several answered entering the chambers.
“ Someone has taken Mistress Selina. Comb the entire castle leave no room empty. If she’s not within the castle walls come to me.”
“ Yes milord.” They said bowing and leaving him alone.
“ Selina, where are you?” Alexander said closing his eyes. He had been around Selina enough to know his link with her was strong and if she was nearby he could feel her as much as she could feel him, something was blocking him.
“ Kevin.” Alexander growled. Now he had two traitors to contend with but which of them was willing to end his life, Howard or Kevin? That was the dilemma he would have to face alone. Alexander’s angry scream echoed threw the halls, each of the guards picked up there pace in the hunt for the missing woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina looked up; it was as if she could hear Alexander’s cry all the way out in the woods.
“ He knows I am gone.” She smiled evilly at Kevin.
“ That means nothing, he knows nothing of where the rebels hide, and your link with him will begin to weaken the further into the forest we go.” Kevin said as they walked along. Selina knew he was right, if they went any further she would no longer feel Alexander, that would be the first time in a long time that her link with him had been severed. Last time it had happened he was away in another kingdom. She looked up at him; he had put his sword away so she knew if she started to run she’d have a chance. Taking that chance she kicked him in the leg and then took off back towards the castle. Kevin regained his composer and tore off after her, being tall had its advantages as he caught up with her very quickly. Tackling her to the ground he pinned her arms above her head.
“ Bastard release me.” She growled as she kicked and trashed beneath him. Kevin doubled up his fist and punched her hard, knocking her unconscious. Once she went limp he sat there for a moment to catch his breath. He inspected the ropes that held her wrists to be sure they weren’t cutting into her delicate skin. He looked at her hand and noticed the single band she wore on her left hand.
” So it’s not mistress Selina, it’s Lady Selina. You’re his wife.” Kevin said with a touch of jealousy in his voice. He inspected the blue and black band she wore and remembered seeing one identical to it on Alexander’s left hand. He hadn’t paid it much attention due to the fact Alexander seemed to have a lot of jewelry. He untied her and lifted her and then tied her arms behind her. He then took another piece of rope he had and tied her legs, lifting her over his shoulder he started walking again. He knew it was still several miles before he’d arrive at the camp but this time she’d not make much of a fuss.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2615