The Blood Pact by Jamelet
Summary: FINAL CHAPTER POSTED: Power, prestige, vengence: everything one can ask for in the world full of horror. They live in a world where things have taken a turn for the worst. Their very own lives are at stake as well as the innocent lives in their community. The guys are forced to join a deadly dangerous group to save lives or so they think. Can they escape the horror or become part of it?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Action, Horror, Suspense
Warnings: Graphic Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 105268 Read: 62626 Published: 07/03/03 Updated: 12/06/03

1. His Commencement by Jamelet

2. Crimson Society by Jamelet

3. Nightfall Society by Jamelet

4. His Appeal by Jamelet

5. Training Ground by Jamelet

6. The First Drop by Jamelet

7. Mystical Paranoia by Jamelet

8. Danger Up Ahead by Jamelet

9. Wanted Alive by Jamelet

10. Powers Detected by Jamelet

11. Primary Blood by Jamelet

12. Eclipse by Jamelet

13. Delusional Aspects by Jamelet

14. Confortations by Jamelet

15. Reality Check by Jamelet

16. Bloody Deception by Jamelet

17. Alterations in the Heart by Jamelet

18. Boys Club by Jamelet

19. Hunting Season by Jamelet

20. On The Verge by Jamelet

21. Caught In A Web by Jamelet

22. The Devil's Home by Jamelet

23. Mystifying Consequences by Jamelet

24. The Dark Void by Jamelet

25. Enemies in Sheep's Clothes by Jamelet

26. The On-Coming War by Jamelet

27. The Bloodied Kin Reunion by Jamelet

28. A Lost Child by Jamelet

29. Fatal Truth by Jamelet

30. Ultimate Steps by Jamelet

31. Restoratoin of an Enigma by Jamelet

His Commencement by Jamelet
A/N: Ok guys, bear with me, I’m attempting to start a whole new story. The ideas for this story are a bit eerie. You all know the deal, let me know what you think of this new concept, I thought of this after watching: Soon to be my buddy Ana’s fav movie- “A Man Apart.” Hope you enjoy this and e-mail me or something letting me know your thoughts to this. Enjoy and good reading!

“The Blood Pact”

**~His Commencement~**

He hangs up his cellular phone and leaps off the black recliner in the living room. Tucking the small mobile phone onto the small belt clip attached to his belt, he throws on his beige leather jacket and steps out into the cold night. Running down the three bricked porch steps, Nick pulls out his car keys and pushes the small box on his keychain shutting off the car alarm. Smiling, he slides into his Silver Ford Runner and slams the door behind him.

It seems everything was going well for him, his life couldn’t be any better. He loved where his life is at the moment. He was on his way to little get together his friends decided to have in the middle of the night.

Sighing impatiently, he steers away from his driveway and pulls away from his two story mini like mansion. The cold wind hits the window panes of the vehicle as he picks up speed in the vacant road. He concentrates on the road before him, enjoying the landscape on either side of him. His hands grip the steering wheel tightly as he leans close to the steering wheel peering at what seemed like a figure in standing in the middle of the road. Nick honks the horn, hoping to get the man out of the road. But the man remained in the middle of the road unfazed. Nick concerned, slows down his vehicle and stops besides the tall man. Nick lowers the window pane on the passenger’s seat and tries to examine the lost man on the road.

“Hey sir. Are you ok? Do you need help?” The blonde hair, blue eyes young man asks nervously.

The man had his back on him and slowly turns around to stare at Nick. In a thick Russian accent, the strange man smiles slowly. The dark eyes of the man gleam brightly in the silver waterfall of the moonlight. “Do you know where this road leads to?”

Nick raises his eyebrows and nods his head, “Oh yeah, it takes you down to Fort Lauderdale, the first exit is off road fifteen.”

The bizarre man nods his head, his unusually pale ashen white skin reflects more off his black attire. The man’s hair was so black it seemed almost a dark blue. His dark eyes watch Nick as he smiles, “Can you get out of the car sir?”

Nick confused, sits in the driver’s seat staring at the man. “Excuse me?”

The man stares at Nick, “Are you hard of hearing? I said get out of the car?” The man’s Russian accent thick in the sentence.

Nick sucked his teeth and rolls up the window, preparing to drive away and leave the weirdo out there alone in the road. As he turns on the ignition of the car and places his foot on the pedal, the driver’s door flings open. Nick gasps startled and angrily lets out a vulgarity and reaches over to close the car door. Nick reaches out his arm to close the door but the strange man grabs Nick’s arm and pulls him out the vehicle.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Nick shouts angrily, swiping his arm away from the man as he stands in front of him with his arms crossed over his chest.

“What’s your name sir?” The man asks, eying Nick before him

Nick sucks his teeth, “Hmph, you’re the first.”

The man narrows his eyes and again asks the question, “Just answer please.” The man states almost politely, yet a ting of sarcasm hinted in his statement.

Nick shakes his head, “I don’t even know why I stopped to help. Damn Brian and his good conscious affecting me like this.” He mumbles quietly to himself.

The man standing impatiently, suddenly tired of waiting for Nick to respond, grabs Nick’s throat and lifts the man up two inches in the air. Nick immediately tried to loosen the grip that held him suspended in the air, a look of surprise and fear crosses over his eyes. Nick struggles and tries to fight off the tight grip that held his throat. The man smirks and watches Nick kicking in the air, struggling and finally places the young man back down on his feet.

“So now will you answer?” The man asks.

Nick, coughs loudly and rubs his sore throat painfully, choking out the answer to the question, he glares at the man before speaking out a burning vulgarity.

The man laughs softly, “I’m Demetrius, and Nick I need you to do me a favor.”

Nick flips his middle finger at the man and fumbles for his cell phone.

“Now, now, let’s not go there.” Demetrius states, quickly reaching for Nick’s hands on the phone.

“Don’t touch me man! What the hell is your problem?” Nick screeches, backing away from the stranger and hitting his back on the vehicle door.

“I just need you to sign a paper for me please?” Demetrius asks kindly.

Nick gasps and continues to backs away, his back hitting the front bumper of the Ford Runner. “You got to be out of your mind for me to sign something for you!”

Demetrius smirks and hands a sheet of written paper and pen to Nick. Nick looks at the man as if he is insane and rudely snatches the paper and pen from Demetrius hands. “Look, you’re a freak for thinking that I’m gonna give you my autograph after you tried to choke ME!” Nick screams out, gripping the pen tightly in his hands.

Demetrius smirks and shakes his head, “I don’t want your autograph, I want your allegiance.”

Nick stared at the man dumbfounded, “My allegiance? You think I’m gonna do want you what?”

Demetrius simply nods his head as he feels his white fangs protruding from his mouth. He hears Nick gasp and drops the sheet of paper, backing away from him in pure terror.

“You’re kidding right? You stuck those teeth on yourself, trying to scare riders right?” Nick squeaks out, his sapphire eyes taking in the suppose vampire before him.

Demetrius smiles, the sharp ivory fangs sparkling beneath the silver moonlight. “As real as you think. Why don’t you touch it and tell me if they’re fake?” He asks, enjoying the horrid expression the blonde man has.

“Uh, um, that’s ok.” Nick asks, standing in shock but more curious than anything else.

Demetrius nods his head once and taps his foot calmly on the cement, “Just sign. I’m sure you have plans, I would hate to interfere with it.”

Nick sucks his teeth, ‘To late for that’ He thinks to himself as he lowers the pen on the paper trying to read what it said.

“Don’t bother reading it. It’s in another language.” Demetrius states, watching Nick pass him a look of hatred. “You have quite a lot of anger for a young man. I could use that in my unit.”

Nick finishes scrolling his signature on the paper, hoping that the man was simply crazy and had the teeth stuck on him. Rudely handing the paper to Demetrius, Nick walks around him and boards his car quietly, yet his eyes spoke a mile a minute.

“Thank you. I’m sure I’ll be needing your help shortly.” Demetrius states quietly and steps out of the center of the road, disappearing into the darkness.

Nick slams his foot on the gas pedal and speeds off down the road, shaken up and distraught from the whole incident.
~*~

“Look, I’m being serious man!” Nick screeches to his friends: a fairly dark blonde with azure eyes and a dyed dark haired friend with tattoos down his arms.

The blonde hair man, Brian, sits up in the couch eying the younger man Nick before him, “Ok, so you’re telling me, a complete stranger stopped you on the road and forced you to sign a sheet of paper.”

“It was more like a contract to me.” Nick grumbles under his breath collapsing into a soft plush sofa.

A.J. excuses himself out the living room as Brian tries to take in the whole idea. “Nick, I’m sorry. It’s just strange that you would be forced to sign an autograph. Don’t you think it should come natural that someone admires your voice or music and want your autograph? As a celebrity, you should take time out for fans.” Brian states confidently, obviously ignoring Nick’s angry glare.

The quiet living room was filled with a sparkling fireplace, the bright orange flames lapping over one another with waves of an ocean. It lit up the barley lit living room as the two men stare at the fireplace, each absorbed in their own thoughts.

The front door opens and tall dark haired, emerald eye man enters the house followed by a Latin man, his cinnamon complexion and dark brown hair blending in with the dark surrounding soft lights.

“Hey Kevin, D. Glad you guys made it. You should hear what Nick just told us.” Brian states, a grin plastered on his snowy complexion.

Kevin smiles and places his palm over Nick’s shoulder, “I heard. A.J. just told us outside.”

Nick sucks his teeth and leans back in the seat, grumbling under his breath, “Ya all think I overreacted but the man almost choked me to death!”

This caught a gasp out of the others and Howie races over to turn on the florescent lights in the living room. Brian whispers nervously, “Yo Nick, you never told me the man threaten you! That’s harassing you! We gotta call the police, notify that a psycho is out there hurting people!” He voice gets louder as the fear egged him on.

Kevin gently kneels besides Nick and with his hand gingerly grabs Nick’s chin and examines the bruised neck below it. “Damn, what did he do to you? You’re marked up all over the neck.”

Nick painfully swallows as he winces when Howie places a cold tissue on the tender neck.

“Man, what did he do to you?” Brian asks, standing up observing the bruised marks on his friend’s neck.

Nick whispers quietly that when he had refused to sign a paper for what the man had stated for his “Allegiance” Nick was picked up by his neck, left dangling in the air as the man’s teeth seem to have grown fangs.

“Allegiance, what did he mean by that?” Kevin asks, standing up and pacing nervously.

Howie sitting on the arm of a chair besides Nick, shakes his head and pulls out his cellular phone to call the police.

“Wait, Nick, what was the man’s name? You know what he looks like right?” Brian asks, concern overtaking his attitude. He was beginning to feel guilty for not believing what Nick has stated in the first place. “By the way, I’m sorry if you think I didn’t believe you before.”

“It’s alright B. But ya, his name is Demetrius and I know what he looks like. Sort of the whole old fashioned Transylvanian type vampire guy.” Nick states quietly, his eyes peering at the shiny wooden planks in the living room.

The lights in the room suddenly blink off and the four men grumble. “I just had the light changed, how did it die on me that fast?” Brian grumbles, sitting on the couch not moving, fearing he’ll crash and hurt others in the way.

“I bet you it’s A.J. messing with the lights.” The older man, Kevin states, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently.

Nick sits in the recliner quietly and watches the fire when he feels a tickle on his neck. His first reaction was to smack whatever was on his neck. His hands reach over to his neck and only sees two shiny sharp like fangs. “Guys.” Nick whispers quietly, “Guys.” No response. “Stop playing around.” He says as his arms bristle with goose bumps.

Suddenly the figure with the fangs leaps out at him as Nick screams out in pure terror. The lights go back on as the four friends burst out laughing. A.J. stares down at Nick in front of him and shakes his head, “Man that Demetrius dude scared you lovely.”

Nick gulps and stands up pushing A.J. away from him, ‘That wasn’t funny man. I can’t believe you didn’t stop him!”

“Lighten up Dude! Halloween is a few weeks away, it’s your fave holiday and here you are being pissy about getting scared. It happens to the best of us Nick. Get over it.” A.J. states.

Brian smirks and turns serious, “A.J. seriously, the guy harassed Nick, look at the neck!” He points Nick’s direction.

Finally A.J. whispers sorry and gingerly touches the bruised neck, “Hey Koas man I didn’t know man. I won’t do that anymore. We should call the cops.”

“Already did, they’ll be here in a few.” Howie states, watching Nick settle in the chair near the fireplace, lost in his own thoughts.

Kevin sighs and rubs his eyes, “We should forget this get together, it’s too much for Nick and I think he needs the rest.”

A.J. nods his head, “Yeah, we’ll leave when the cops come. Brian, you mind Nicky staying here? Wifey ain’t gonna get mad right?”

Brian smiles, “Nah, he’s always welcomed here and my ‘wifey’ doesn’t mind him at all.”

“Good, so we’ll wait for the cops then.” A.J. states, his eyes divert to the flames as he closes his eyes for relief.
~*~

Caleb pounds on the office door, hoping Demetrius was in. After a few minutes of knocking unsuccessfully, the thick wooden mahogany door flings open as Demetrius laughs and sticks his head the threshold.

“Oh, you’re here. Well come in. Sorry about the lateness buddy.” Demetrius states: taking a seat behind a dark wooden desk and throwing his legs, crossing them on the desk top.

Caleb’s weary dark eyes stare at his boss, “Did you get new suppliers?”

Demetrius smiles, “Yup, I found one boy that can be used. I’ll still need a few more, but at least we’re on a roll.”

Caleb smirks, his butter pecan complexion glimmering under the florescent lights in the room. He clasps his hands and places them on his dark brown hair, sighing loudly. He hears his stomach grumble as hungry infests its hold on him. “Damn, I’m starving. Let’s get something to eat.” As he feels the fangs emerging from his mouth.

Demetrius smiles and nods his head, “In a few, but look see, we have a new worker.” He states, pulling out a sheet of paper with Nick’s scrawled signature on it.
Caleb smiles, “This is new. You have a celebrity to work for us. Why the change?” His low voice filters the office room.

Demetrius smirks, “Celebrities have fans- hence more blood and supply for the corporation.”

Caleb nods his head in admiration, “Wow didn’t think of that. Can’t wait to meet him and the others you have planned for this. So now can we get something to eat: I missed breakfast and my stomach is killing me.”

Demetrius grins and follows his partner out of the office to dine. Maybe he’ll be lucky to find a few more employers for the job at hand.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Crimson Society by Jamelet
A/N: Ok here is the next chapter to this story, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please, *bats eyes* leave a review by either e-mailing me or leave one here on the site. I’m influenced by this video game my sister owns- “BloodRayne, so that’s where the weird ideas are coming from!” Thank you all so much, and till later, I’m out.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Crimson Society~**

Cabal wipes off the last drop of blood from his upper lip with a napkin and stares at the recent corpses littering the restaurant’s black tiles. His hunger was fulfilled as he feels his fangs descend back hidden in his mouth. His dark eyes scan over to the overturn tables to his left to see Demetrius filling up a clear glass vile with the thick red liquid- blood, for later saving. Cabal smiles and breathes in the sweet stench of death that floats in the atmosphere. His butter pecan complexion glows in the soft light of the restaurant as he makes his way over to Demetrius.

Demetrius dark eyes gazes at the three full tubes of blood he filled up in his hands and walks towards the exit of the restaurant. “Cabal, make sure the film is destroyed in that camera.” He states coldly, pointing towards one of the small hidden cameras in the large fluorescent lights hanging in the ceiling.

Cabal smirks and pulls out his black pistol. Raising the pistol a few feet away, he pulls the trigger and the bullets shatters the lights. Pieces of the hidden black camera tumble and collapse on the tile floor as Cabal tucks the pistol away and exits the place, following Demetrius.

Once outside Demetrius grimaces and faces his partner. “We’ll need to find another employer; I received word that Liam and his group are advancing from the north to here. If he gets to the water system and places the potion, he will have hundreds if not thousands of followers by the end of the week. We must stop the Nightfall Society from succeeding in this. If he places the poison in the water, people or what’s left of them in their zombie like form, will fall under his reign.”

Cabal nods, “So when will you call the new worker you found tonight?”

Demetrius lips his lower lip, “As soon as possible, he’ll be here. We will train him. The girls on the other hand have business to take care of: They have to find another person to be part of the Crimson Society. The more we have on our team, the more we can stop the destructive ways of Liam and the rest of the Nightfall Society.”

Cabal chuckles and points down the street, “Well, let’s go then. Time’s a wasting and Nick is waiting to join our team.”

This gets a chuckle out of Demetrius as he runs his unusually pale white fingers through his raven short hair. “Yes, and I have an idea who we can go after we get Nick.” And the two men walk quietly down the desolated cement sidewalk to call the new member to the Crimson Society.
~*~

The young woman runs down the cobblestone vacant street and runs into a dead end at the end of one block. Confused, the woman looks back down at the paper with written directions. Someone must have given her the wrong directions again. Her black locks are pinned up, with a few strands cascading pass her shoulders. She was supposed to meet her friend tonight around this block, but no one was around here except her. The streetlights shine down their ivory gleam on the street and the silver moonlight- providing her with the only form of light around this particular street. Stony Park, the name of the street she’s on, was named for its more historical sense. The structures of the buildings here as well as the old fashioned cobblestone streets created an early 1900’s era. Sighing, she looks around annoyed as she tugs on her black jean jacket for warmth, the Florida air carried a bit of chill tonight. Her butter pecan complexion glowed in the soft artificial lights above her.

She didn’t notice two shadows lurking in the the darkness as she impatiently checks her watch for the fifth time that night. “Oh Joey, I’m going to kill you for having me wait this long.” She whispers loudly, scanning the two buildings that surrounded her.

“I think it’s a little too late for that now isn’t it?” A feminine voice replies from the shadows.

The woman smirks and rolls her eyes, “Nice try Joey, trying to sound all girly on me, come out, you said you were gonna get me in the club.”

“There’s been a change of plans.” Another feminine voice responds, a young woman in her early twenties step out of the dark shadows staring at the lonesome woman waiting for her friend. “I’m so rude, I’m Damaris.” The vivacious curvy brunette states, her light brown eyes reflecting the glow of the white street lights. The petite woman steps closer to the waiting woman. “And this is my friend Nemesis.” She points into the shadows.

A tall ivory skinned woman steps out the dark shadows, her honeysuckle locks lie gently across her shoulders as she stares at the worried woman with her blue green orbs. Nemesis like her friend Damaris are wearing all black, practically blending in with the black night around them. Nemesis smirks and her left arm hidden in the dark shadows, pulls it out only to be holding a head that once was part of a man.

“JOEY!!” The woman shrieks out in terror as she stares at the two women before her. “You killed my friend!” She then followed with a streak of vulgarities, screaming and pointing at the two women in front of her.

Damaris smirks and eyes her friend Nemesis. The two women watch as the woman screams out in fright. After the loud incessant screaming continued, Damaris could no longer handle the volume and pitch of the woman’s yells. “THAT”S ENOUGH!” She shouts approaching the yelling woman. “We found your friend like this. We had nothing to do with his death. But if you continue, we might be involved in yours.” She whispers vehemently to the woman.

The woman gulps and stops her yells. She shudders and backs away from the two estranged women, “What are you doing with him like that?” She sobs quietly in between her question.

“We found him like this when we walked by. We figured he was waiting for you, Andrea right?” Damaris asks.

The woman nods her head, “Who could have done this to him?”

Nemesis whispers loudly, her voice powerful like the waves of an ocean, “The Nightfall Society.”

Andrea eyes the women in confusion, “Who or what is that?”

Nemesis eyes Andrea before answering her, “That is the group responsible for the sudden deaths of the community. They were responsible for your friend’s death. They are formed of about six members who are original vampires...”

Andrea interrupts Nemesis, “Whoa, whoa. Vampires? Sorry they don’t exist, that’s not possible. If you know who murdered my friend, why didn’t you call the police and ambulance?”

Damaris takes a deep cold breath and responds, “Vampires exist, we work for them. They are creatures of the night, demons more like it. Some however aren’t all dangerous. The ones we mentioned to you that murdered your friend are. They have plans for everyone in this community and you could be the next one.” Some of her dark brown strands tickle her cheeks as she finishes her sentence.

Andrea gulps and shakes her head, “No! No! Those are myths! Why would you work for demons? This doesn’t make sense!”

Suddenly the peaceful night air is filled with a blood-curling scream from Andrea as a flying harpoon slams into her abdomen and yanks her to the ground. The sharp metal rips into her soft flesh. Andrea continues screaming in pain, struggling to stand up. A large plop of the crimson blood splashes onto the cobblestones as she is dragged away from the two women into the dark shadows.

Damaris and Nemesis watch this horror as the woman’s loud screams echo in the night chilly air.

Nemesis growls and deposits the head of the man, Joey, into a trash bin besides her. “Nightfall Society has arrived. We have to tell Cabal.”

Damaris nods her head and both women walk down the bloodstained pathway, pulling out a vial each and collecting a trail of blood that was splattered on the cobblestones. Then they make their way back to their black Trailblazer to reach Cabal and Demetrius and inform them of the news. The other group is already here and it could be only a matter of hours before the plumbing in the city is infected.
~*~

A.J. yawns and opens his eyes brightly to the harsh sunlight that filters into his bedroom. He rolls over away from the sunrays on his bed to face his sleeping Russell Terrier who licked A.J.’s lips. He opens his eyes and chuckles, pushing the small fur ball off his bed. “Easy there boy, you can’t measure up to my girl. No more morning kisses, at least till after you brush your teeth.” Sitting up in bed, he checks the time and gasps, “Oh man, Kevin is gonna be pissed at me. I’m late.” He whispers, running to the bathroom to get ready.
~*~

Kevin paces the stage and checks his watch again for the tenth time sighing angrily, “A.J’s trying to push my buttons again and he’s doing a good job at it.”

Howie yawns and throws away an empty carton of Chinese food, “He overslept again. Chill out Kevin, I’m sure he didn’t mean it.”

Brian rolls his eyes and shakes his head as Nick snickers behind him, “D’s, right Kev. A.J. I bet, will be coming in here in a minute practically sobbing for your forgiveness. You know he’s the over-dramatic one.”

Kevin rolls his emerald eyes and tells Nick to keep watch at the entrance doorway in case he sees A.J.

Nick stands up and makes his way to the back of the stage. Going down a few steps, he rushes over to the long hallway and bumps into two women. One woman grips his arm and pulls him towards her direction. Nick stands there, inches away from two women: One, a tall slim woman with golden tresses down her shoulders with big sapphire and emerald tinges in her eyes look up at Nick at about five feet nine inches with her ivory complexion glittering under the stage lights. The other woman: is petite of about five feet and three inches and Latin. Her peach complexion glitters in the fluorescent lights as her light coffee eyes bore into Nick. Both women are dressed in black attire: A black blouse and pants with a leather thigh length jacket.

Nick smiles, “You’re not a fan right? Cause we have some tough guards that don’t allow kids back here.”

Both women shake their heads and before they could speak another word, Nick smirks and rubs his chin, “Let me guess. A.J. called you girls back here. If this is late birthday present, I feel honored that he convinced you two to dance for me.”

Both women stare at each before laughing softly.

“Sorry to burst your little bubble boy, but we’re not here for your entertainment.” Damaris states smiling.

Nemesis finishes the statement, “Or for your enjoyment.” She says seductively, scanning her head to look behind Nick down the hallway.

Nick’s shoulders sag and he was about to walk away grumbling, when Nemesis grabs his arm tightly.

Nick eyes her curiously as Nemesis felt a slight embarrassment when Nick stares at her.

“Ahem.” Damaris states, clearing out the tense feelings passing in the hallway. “I need you to listen to what we’re about to tell you.”

Nick crosses his arms across his chest and eyes her carefully, “Alright, look if it’s about getting access to tickets, we don’t do that. If you want to be a groupie, we don’t do that anymore either…”

Damaris interrupts, “Don’t worry it’s neither of those things. This is important, last night you met a man by the name of Demetrius right?”

Nick gulps and licks his lips nervously, last night after the cops had questioned him, the thoughts of that strange man and the marks on his neck, kept him awake half the remaining night. “How, how do you know about this man?”

Nemesis answers, “We work for him, you’re needed. You need to be part of the Crimson Society as soon as possible. We need more people to join our team before the Nightfall Society comes and goes after you all.”

Nick narrows his eyes and raises his eyebrows in confusion. Damaris takes a deep breath and goes into detail about who is the Nightfall Society and what their intentions are.

“They wanna kill people? Shouldn’t you be telling this to the police?” Nick whispers, as panic was about to settle on his spine.

“The police can’t know about this. They’re lives as well as everyone else in this community is in danger. These vampires don’t rest, they’re after all the lives they can get. And we need you to help us out in stopping them.” Damaris whispers, fearing others might overhear their conversation.

“So you’re really serious about this.” Nick states, trying to find a logical reason to all this.

Nemesis sighs, “I know, I know it’s weird, the whole vampire thing is real though. We’ve seen it before, plus our head leader is one himself.”

“Demetrius right?” Nick seethes out, the anger rising thinking about what the man put him through last night.

The two young women nod their heads as Nick seethes out why he should help him and the girls out as well.

“After what he did to me last night, you think I’m gonna waste my time working and taking orders from him. Sure, right, I’ll be a part of his ‘Allegiance.” Nice try girls, try someone else.” Nick growls as he was about to call security on the women.

“Wait, please, look, take this business card in case you want to talk to us. This is lives we’re taking about. Your life as well as your group’s and your families.” Damaris states desperately, her eyes pleading with him. She hands him the small red business card with black lettering before being lead away. Two armed guards grab Nemesis and Damaris and leads them to an exit, evacuating them from the premises.

Nick turns around to see Howie and Brian who had called the guards to rid the women.

Kevin steps out and walks over to Nick quickly, “Hey, those girls didn’t freak you out did they?”

Nick bites his tongue and shakes his head, “Nah, they’re girls, why would I would I be scared of them?”

Brian raises his eyebrows as he looks at Howie who seem to have shared a private joke. Nick rolls his eyes playfully and pushes the two guys on his way back to the stage.

“A.J’s stuck in traffic, he’ll be here in about fifteen minutes.” Kevin states in between sips of his cup of black coffee. “So, we’ll start rehearsing then.”

The others settle down on the floor of the stage, sitting, waiting for A.J’s arrival.
~*~

A.J. races out of his Mercedes Benz in a rush and slams into two women. “OH, I’m sorry. You girls ok?”

The two women looked dazed and rubs their heads wearily.

“Yeah, I think, once the dizziness passes.” The petite brunette states.

A.J. smiles, “Well good. I gotta go. I’m late.” And as A.J. was about to race off, Nemesis grabs the hem of A.J’s black tank top.

“Whoa wait, real quick. Before you run in there, I just wanna say the guys are a little peeved at you and your tardiness.” Nemesis states smiling, her bluish green eyes glitter in glee.

A.J. turns to face the girls and takes a deep breath, “Your right. Why should I run in there, when they’re still gonna be mad at me no matter what.”

Damaris smirks and shakes her head, she gasps and smiles, whispering something into Nemesis’s ears.

Nemesis moves closer to A.J. to see the small tattoo of a tiny black cross marked above his right elbow. “Look at that, you’ve been picked and you have no idea.”

A.J. nibbles his lip in confusion and smirks, “Right, I’ve been picked to sing in a group who entertains people.”

Damaris fills A.J. in about the meaning of his tattoo and goes into telling him about the two vampire societies fighting for human lives. “You’ve been picked to partake in the Crimson Society.”

“What is this, some gang?” A.J. asks, curiosity seeping in.

Nemesis fills him in on the rest of the story, “We all carry that mark you have on your arm. Mine’s on the back on my lower neck. Damaris has one on her lower back.”

“Ok, so it’s a popular tattoo? What about it?” A.J. asks, getting annoyed and realizing the other guys must be ready to blow up on him.

“Only those that are picked have it on. Hence, you’re chosen. Just like your friend Nick, you belong to us. Welcome to the Crimson Society. Now all we need is your signature on a form.” Nemesis states, her honeysuckle locks blowing gently over her shoulders.

Damaris pulls out a sheet of paper and hands it A.J. along with a black roller ink pen. “Just sign. Either way, you’re part of us and Cabal will come for you.”

A.J. raises his eyebrows and smirks at the women, “Wow, what are you girls sniffing? It must be some good stuff.”

Damaris angrily glares at the man and walks away angrily as Nemesis snatches the paper and pen away from A.J.

“Fine, you prefer the hard way. Expect a visit soon from Cabal, he’ll be glad to see you.” Nemesis states: walking away from the very confused man.

A.J. shakes his head and races into the stadium, the thoughts of what the girls said mixed in with his ideas of an excuse. “Man, Kevin will never believe me.” He smirks and enters through the side entrance to find the others.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Nightfall Society by Jamelet
A/N: I’m back for another chapter to this wonderful story. Please drop a review, thanks Kimberly for liking this story as well as my lil’ one Ana for supporting this story! *grins* Enjoy and let me know what you think. Take care. By the way, I’m writing this cute story with Natalie in the sci-fi section called “Not Too Young” If you’re interested in what the story is about, then go ahead and check that out!

“The Blood Pact”

**~ Nightfall Society~**

Orion picks up the Ethica 33 shotgun and loads the bullets in place. Twirling the barrel, he smiles as he clicks the bullets into their space. He raises the shotgun into a pathway of trees and pulls on the trigger, sending a loud pop into the dark air. About a couple of ravens cry out as a bunch of them swarm out of the gnarly leafless decaying trees. The ravens cry out and flap over Orion as they disappear into the dark air, leaving Orion alone in his quietness. He tugs on his black leather tank top and passes his dark chocolate hands over his neatly shaven bald head. He fingers the shotgun and tucks it into a clip over his back, the small clip was attached to his belt as he places the gun neatly into the clip. Sighing happily, he crunches over the dead brown fallen leaves that litter the ground to join up with Liam.

Liam, a rather lanky thin man with almost pale if not ivory skin glows brightly in the silver moonlight that shines down on them. Liam’s short light blonde hair blows over his face in the gentle wind as his grey eyes scan the rushing clear river before him. He stands at six feet, three inches, as he gazes at Orion. “Can you smell it?” He whispers happily.

Orion raises his black eyebrows, “What should I be smelling?”

Liam chuckles gently, his fangs gleaming in the natural silver moonlight. “The smell of death. If we can take over this community, we can be open to having access to water ports and spread our virus.”

Orion chuckles, “Man Liam, you’re some twisted mother…”

Liam interrupts him not letting Orion finish his sentence, “Uh, uh. Not so. Orion I believe this plan is brilliant. Think about it. People are just a waste, food in my eyes. We need to take over and give Earth a new meaning. Let’s show these people the real meaning of life.”

Orion smiles, his fangs glittering in the natural light. “I heard of Demetrius and his clan. He’s importing new workers for the collection of blood.”

“Ummm…Demetrius still up to his same ol’ tricks. Wonder who he got to work for him? These people in this community would rather risk their lives than work for a vampire. To tell you the truth, I’d be quite surprise if he managed to gain new workers. He should have learned his lesson before hand. I almost killed him and his clan. He was lucky to have lived through what I did to him. We almost eliminated him and killed off all the workers except Cabal.” Liam rasps angrily. “Now he wants to make a come back. When will he learn he can’t kill his master? I made him, for surely I can destroy him as well.”

Orion smiles, “Seems like a student-teacher battle to me.” His dark eyes scan the running river before him as he stands on the wet soil, eyeing Liam. He quietly gazes at the dark small black crescent moon tattoo marked on the back of Liam’s neck. The same mark he along with the other four vampires in the group have.

“Think whatever you want to think. I don’t have time for Demetrius and his little antics.” Liam states quietly as a soft breeze tickles his cheeks.

The quiet forest lies peacefully, with no life in it. The winter trees shudder in their naked branches as a violent wind gusts into the forest.

Liam and Orion smile as they quietly discuss some plans. Suddenly a screaming woman rushes into the forest and interrupts the talking pair. Both men stare at the woman and smile. Her dark crimson hair falls short and parts in half, right behind her snowy ears. Her light emerald eyes bore into the men before her. Her painted dark red lips smirk, as she licks her lower lip gently. She stands tall in her high heeled 5-inch black boots. The small clicking of her heels echo in the night air. She scrapes her heel on the ground and kicks her leg up towards Orion’s face. Orion ducks and was inches away from the silver blade that was the woman’s heel.

“Nice heels Kindel, where did you come from?” Liam asks genuinely concern.

She smirks, her arch red eyebrows curve in a question. “Why must you know? I was feeding.” Her white fangs gleam, tainted with the red liquid of life. The side of her pale neck shows the black crescent tattooed moon.

Liam smiles and embraces the woman, pulling her in towards his chest. “Why couldn’t you wait till after we had deposited the poison?”

She purrs in his ears, “You were taking too long, besides my stomach was hungering for the blood out there.”

“You have such a blood lust, you should control that. You can’t eat all the time now you know?” Liam whispers loudly.

Kindel sucks her teeth and gently pushes away from Liam chest, pushing her arms towards his chest.

Orion yawns and fingers his w&s double action pistol on his belt. “Guys lets go. The others haven’t arrived yet and we’re at risked of being spotted by anyone.” Liam and Kindel both nod and follow Orion out of the forest.
~*~

Howie gasps and leans back behind a bare tree. He wipes his hand over the cold sweat that appeared on his forehead suddenly. Swallowing hard down the nervousness that rose within him, he looks around at forest. He had decided to take a walk down the road away from the stadium to clear his head from all the anxiety of the upcoming concert performance but walked in on something completely unexpected. He heard of people that were called vampires due to their obsessive behavior and attitudes of those mystical creatures, but he never bumped into anyone that really was like that. He gulps and shakes his head, “No, they’re not real.” He overheard the conversations the three people were having and he didn’t like it one bit. The one thing that struck him was the name Demetrius. He heard of that name before, the one that attacked Nick yesterday. What didn’t make sense was, why would that man go after Nick? Nick wasn’t prey and what did that man Liam meant by new workers? The conversation crept its way into Howie’s chest, nagging at him, scaring him if even for a moment. He runs his shaking caramel hands through his short brown hair. Things weren’t adding up, that group’s conversation didn’t sound like something pleasant or normal one would discuss. He gulps fearing Nick could be involved in something far more unpleasant than anything.

He stands up and takes a shaky breath before he runs off towards the stadium.
~*~

A.J. snaps his head up from his reading as he sees Howie enter the dressing room nervously. A.J. watches his friend struggle out of his blue jacket and tremble slightly.

“Yo D. You aight? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. What’s the deal?” A.J. asks quietly.

“Not, nothing man. Just some stuff I heard.” Howie whispers softly, fingering a pen on the desk next to him.

“Care to share?” A.J. asks standing up next to Howie with arms crossed in front of him.

Howie clears his throat, “It’s well. Well when I took a walk towards the forest down from the stadium. I heard some conversation from like three strange people. They mentioned the guy Demetrius who attacked Nick the other day. He had something to do with recruiting people and the group talked about flooding the water with some poison. For what, I’m not sure.”

A.J. grimaces and shakes his head, “What about those people? Did they see you? Should we fear them? I mean I’m unclear on this, you saw something more didn’t you?”

Howie licks his soft lips and nods his head, “Yeah, yeah. They had fangs, like a wolf or something. It was weird.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Did they by any chance have a tattoo of a black cross?”

Howie shakes his head, “No, why?”

“Oh nothing.” A.J. states, shaking his head.

Howie gazes at A.J. wanting a deeper explanation but shrugs it off. “Well actually they did have a tattoo, it was of a black crescent moon. Does that mean anything to you?”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Why you asking me like I know?”

“Don’t know, maybe you know more about this than any of us?” Howie whispers.

A.J. raises his eyebrows, “Well I don’t, I was just curious that’s all.”

Howie didn’t realize that the other guys were quietly sitting in the dressing room watching them in silence.

Finally Nick responds, “That’s the Nightfall society.” He feels in his jean pockets the small business card Damaris had given him before.

Kevin narrows his eyes, “Nightfall? What’s up with you guys and this whole society thing. A.J. didn’t you say those two girls were part of something called the Crimson society?”

A.J. nods his head, “Yeah, this must be another posse. I’m just thinking it’s two gangs of bored kids who got nothing better to do than to scare people.”

Brian finally speaks after analyzing the whole absurd conversation. “What about this group that you saw D? Did they seem strange to you?”

Howie nods and tells them he saw how one of the people literally grow fangs. “You guys, not for nothing, but that can’t be fake. No surgery can give you teeth that grow and then change back normal. That’s not possible.” His voice shakes a bit.

Brian looks at Kevin in hopes that he isn’t falling for this whole thing.

Kevin peers at Brian and smiles, “Brian, Howie isn’t one for pulling jokes on us. He looks scared and I think that maybe there is a possibility that the group is more dangerous than we thought.”

A.J. pulls out his small silver cell phone and was about to dial, “Look we’ll call the cops, get more security and everything will be fine.” His voice sounds off tone as if distracted.

Kevin nibbles on his lower lip, “A.J. did you see anything when you came in here the other day? Cause you’ve been pretty spacey lately and I’m concerned about you.”

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head. He grips a dresser behind him, leaning into it, gripping the edges tightly, his knuckles turning white. “I met two women. They were coming from the stadium…”

Suddenly Nick intercedes, “Wait, those were the two chicks in black right?”

A.J. nodded, “Yeah, well they told me something that I’m curious about. It seems me and Nick have a small black cross tattoo and the two girls have the same one’s. They said me and Nick are part of their group. I thought they were insane and left them thinking they were insane, but now that Howie is mentioning the people he saw, they have the same markings on them as well.”

Kevin rolls his emerald eyes, “Yeah well, that seems to be the most popular tattoos around, I mean even Brian here has one. I got a small one in my pelvic, but that doesn’t mean anything. Come on J, you’re not buying the crazy chick story are you?”

A.J. Nick and Howie stare at Kevin silently each thinking the same thought of the vampire group.

Kevin smirks, “What, oh let me guess, I’m part of the society too now aren’t I?” He chuckles softly to himself, his laughter echoed in the dressing room.

Brian gulps and didn’t like the way the three all saw something strange with the people of this community. “Ok, so, there are a lot of bored people. But that can’t explain anything? We didn’t prove they’re vampires cause that just can’t be possible right?”

Howie and Nick glance at each other and shake their heads in unison. “If you saw what I saw, then you’d believe to.” Howie whispers leaning back on another dresser.

Kevin claps his hands, distracting the others, “Guys, look, lets get ready. The concert is gonna start soon, we have to get ready. We’ll talk more about this and A.J. since you suggested it, make sure to remind me to call for more guards and security. And if one of you have to go out, take someone with you.”

“Yes mommy, we’ll do that.” Nick states jokily receiving a playful shove from Kevin as they gather their costumes and get ready for the concert.
~*~

Baal scans the scenery and smiles as a man crashes onto the pavement dead. Baal wipes his bloody mouth with his thick large cinnamon hands showing the black crescent tattooed moon. The silver sheet of moonlight caresses his soldier cut raven and red highlighted hair. Smiling, he intakes a gulp of chilly night air as his partner Hades smirks and checks for the corpse’s pulse.

“Nice, record breaking time B! He died in forty five seconds.” Hades states, his short spiky red hair gleams in the night air. He could feel his fangs protrude from his mouth as he smells the blood.

“I’m almost reaching my goal. Once I hit fifteen seconds, I can challenge Liam to a contest.” Baal states with a grin on his muscular face matching the rest of his build body.

Hades chuckles and shakes his head, scratching the left side of his caramel lower neck where the black tattooed crescent moon is. His dark eyes trace the trail of blood that leaks onto the old cobblestone street. “Ok, well time to head back. Liam must have been waiting for us in the forest. I heard he got some news on Demetrius and his posse, I’m curious to know.”

Baal nods and they both head out to catch up to their boss Liam.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
His Appeal by Jamelet
A/N: Thanks, hugs and kisses to the new readers! I’m so happy more people are getting into this story! I’m so happy, Thanks Jellybean! :) Now for the chapter, I hope you enjoy and try to leave a review or e-mail me what you thought of this chapter! Thanks again my peeps!

“The Blood Pact”

**~ His Appeal~**

He slides the crimson colored business card across the table back to Nick, confused with what the possibility of the card could hold. He blows out a puff of air and scratches the side of his raven spiked hair. “Ok, Nick man. I don’t know what to say. You’re not considering calling this woman are you?” Kevin asks his dark eyebrows furrow.

Nick sighs and nods his head, “Yeah, I’ve been thinking about it since the encounter with psycho man.”

Brian leans on his arms and scans around the other guys gathered around the table, “But Nick that’s been about two weeks ago and nobody came or is coming for you. You got to stop being so paranoid about this guy. The news never mentioned any incidents or such that the guy who went after you committed. You heard the cop; he said there is nothing to worry about. Security is around us twenty-four, seven and we’ve been the safest we’ve ever been. You don’t have anything to worry about.”

“Yeah, Rok’s right man. Nick check it, if all this was real, then where is this Cabal guy that is suppose to come for me. Those crazy chicks don’t know what they’re saying.” A.J. states with uncertainty in his voice as he tries to place a fake smile but fails.

Howie didn’t say anything for the past 30 minutes since the conversation started, he sits with his knees drawn up to his chest, on the plush velvet sofa watching the others trying to make sense of what was bothering Nick. Howie knew, he very well what was eating away at Nick, cause he felt it too. He had dismissed the strange sensations fearing he’d only worry the others. But the strange feeling that overtook him at times would make he feel like he was experiencing some form of fever. The sudden chills and heat that would take over his body at times when he would sleep would creep up on him like a cocoon, trapping him in his own invisible agony. Howie gulps and watches as Nick and Kevin began a shout feast over what was real or not. Howie’s coffee eyes scans over to A.J. and Brian who were involved in their own quiet conversation, ignoring the loud yelling from the others.

A.J. turns around and faces Howie, “Yo D. You didn’t say anything. What do you think we should do about all this?”

“About what?” Howie whispers, his statement bringing Kevin and Nick’s attention.
Brian snickers, “You stopped their arguing, nice.”

Howie smiles and shakes his head, “Well?”

“Oh, you know the whole vampire group posse whatever you want to call them. What do you think about Nick calling the crazy girl up?” A.J asks, the dark eyes boring into Howie’s.

Howie shrugs his shoulders, “Do whatever you think is best.”

Kevin gulps and lets out a big sigh, “What the hell does that mean? Nick is considering calling a complete stranger who has no connection to the police. We’re trying to make him change his mind. It’s just ridiculous to depend on people we have no clue about.”

Howie stands up and stretches his tired limbs, “I have no idea what is going on. And what makes you think Nick didn’t already call the girl?”

Brian felt the air in his throat stop as he grips a nearby wooden chair besides him, “He wouldn’t?!”

The others gasps and look at Nick.

Nick could feel all the eyes on him as he gulps, “I would have asked sooner, but I needed to talk to someone who might know what’s going on. Howie knows what I’m talking about. In fact, A.J. I know you know what I’m talking about as well.”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Dude, what the hell are you saying?”

Kevin lets out a loud sigh, “Somebody better explain things now! What about Howie and A.J.? I’m talking about you! I can’t believe you would call the girl. What did she say?” He says, his voice dropping away as if he has given up with the petty arguments the others brought him. He collapses on to a sofa across from Howie and places his head in his hands.

Nick licks his soft lips nervously, running his fingers down his blonde spikes. “Look I don’t know if Howie has been going through what I’m am, but I’ve seen A.J. doing it. See Kev. Listen to this, sometimes in the night, for the past two weeks I noted I would feel some strange sensation climbing into my body, like steam seeping into me. I would wake up all hot and sweaty and then when I try to go back to sleep, I feel this ice cold piercing running down my back and spine. It’s a horrible feeling, like someone is placing an ice cube imbedded into my spine and roughly rubbing it down and up almost sending me into convulsions! I wanted to…”

Nick was cut off when Brian states, “What? Why didn’t you tell us you were sick? You must have had a fever, I told you not to play with the cold sprinklers outside of the hotel.” He eyes Nick with a smirk on his face.

Nick remained serious and shakes his head, “No guys, I’m not sick.”

A.J looks to the white carpet and he speaks so low that the others strain to listen, “I’ve been feeling that way too. I didn’t want to say anything cause I’d figured you guys get all mad I’m sick.”

“But we’re not sick.” Howie whispers, his tan caramel face shining in the soft yellow florescent lights of the hotel suite.

“I’ve been feeling that way too.” Howie continues and eyeing Kevin from the corner of his eyes.

Kevin sighs, “We’ll get you guys to a doctor in the morning…”

“NO!” Nick and A.J. shout in unison.

“I went to the doctor yesterday. He stated I’m healthy, that nothing is wrong with me. He couldn’t understand or explain why I was feeling the way I was.” A.J. states, his voice sounding tired as he settles on a sofa next to Kevin and closes his eyes.

“And you Nick, is that what the doctor told you too?” Kevin asks, his curiosity on high alert.

Nick nods his head and stated the moment he started feeling like that last week, he went straight to the doctor hoping he didn’t catch anything. But again the doctor reported that nothing was wrong.

“Maybe it’s the stress. We’re been doing a lot work these past two weeks, with the concert and such. Maybe it’s that.” Brian states: trying to rationalize the situation.

“Dude, give it up already. We’re feeling weird and no one can explain it.” A.J. states as he runs his tan butter pecan hands through his dyed blue hair.

Brian sighs, “You think it’s contagious?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “If it is, then you guys got it too.”

Kevin sits there confused, “How can the doctors find nothing wrong with you? You’re obviously displaying fever like symptoms. How can they say that nothing is wrong with you guys?”

A.J. snickers, “Maybe the doc didn’t check Nick’s brain cause then he’d see something is wrong.”

Nick rolls his eyes as Kevin smacks the back of A.J.’s head, “Seriously you guys, come on.”

“Alright, alright. I won’t tease ya. Kev you got anything in the fridge?” A.J. asks, walking over to the small kitchenette.

Kevin nods as he and the others get engrossed in another conversation. A.J. opens the fridge to grab something to drink when the door bell rings. After three rings, A.J. rolls his eyes and answers the door. There in front of him stood a tall man, his butter pecan complexion reflecting off the harsh hotel florescent lights in the hallway. The man’s dark eyes scan A.J. and smiles. He runs his fingers through his dark brown hair and speaks.

“I’m Cabal. Sorry it took long to get to you. I was busy.” Cabal speaks calmly as his fangs recede back into his mouth.

A.J. stands there aghast and noted the other guys didn’t even notice that the bell rang or that the door opened. Or even the fact that someone is standing before A.J.

“Well are you gonna invite me in or what?” Cabal asks politely.

A.J. feels his mouth drop open, “Ahhhh, how about we just take here ok?”

Cabal shrugs his shoulders and pulls out a sheet of written paper, “Ok man, whatever. I’m looking for a Nick Carter. Are you him?”

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Why do you want Nick?” He asks protectively, as he steps in the hallway and closes the door behind him.

“Nick signed the paper. Demetrius calls for him.” Cabal states easily, like nothing was wrong with that idea.

“Nick’s not here right now. As for this Demetrius guy, he was the one who assaulted my buddy and he should be in prison for that.”

Cabal simply nods, “Right well. Listen when you’re friend comes back. Let him know I’ll be waiting downstairs for him.”

“Why do what him?” A.J asks, he steps closer to Cabal and reads the paper.

“Personal business. I’m sure you’ve heard of it.” Cabal answers smoothly.

“Yeah, sure.” A.J. states haughtily, handing back the unreadable paper to Cabal. A.J tries reaching for his cellular phone, but sighs when he knew he left the phone in the room.

Cabal smiles and takes the paper, placing it back into a red folder and tucking it away into a small knapsack inside his black leather coat pocket. He sighs and shakes his head, “A.J. you’re not a really good liar are you?”

A.J gulps, his stomach responding to the sudden fear that was dwelling in him. This man knows his name but he never met Cabal before. The same disturbing pain that had captured him in the past nights rose again, leaving him almost paralyzed standing. He could feel the sudden heat and cold rise and fall into his body as he stares at Cabal.

“You feel it don’t you?” Cabal asks smiling.

A.J. tries speaking but his voice is caught in his throat as the running pain, feeling like cold electricity, zoomed down his body.

“You’re chosen along with the other four men in there. Come with me. That pain will leave if you just cooperate. The longer you stay away from me and Demetrius, the more painful those sensations grow. It’s our way of calling you. Just answer the call and the pain leaves. Look at you. You can’t even talk cause it’s gotten that bad. In fact, I don’t recall you ever signed the paper Damaris gave you. Would you like to sign it now?” Cabal whispers smoothly, his grin spreading over his face.

A.J. closes his eyes and gulps, “This can’t be happening man.”

“Oh but it is. Now if you like to get this over with, come with me. In fact tell your friends to come with me now.”

“Why don’t you tell them yourself?” A.J. growls as the sensations begin to subside.

Cabal smiles, “Very well.” And he swings open the door, stepping into the suite.

A.J. watches confused as he points to Cabal. “Huh? Wait!”

Cabal laughs, “You don’t seriously believe in that myth about vampires needing to get permission to enter a room now do you?”

A.J. smirks, “Vampires, sure dude. Looks like you’ll be getting kicked out of here, the guys I’m sure called security by now, so you can roll your way out of here now.”

Cabal smiles, “What security? Oh wait those fine gentlemen who attempted to protect you. They were quite tasty, but now seriously, sign the paper and I’ll leave.”

A.J. gulps as he eyes the other four men in the room who seem to be in too much shock as the strange sensations gripped all their bodies.

Cabal smiles, “See, you all belong to us. Here sign and pass it to the other three men. The faster you sign, the less the pain you’ll feel.”

A.J. gulps and not wanting to believe this man could hold such power, grabs the sheet of paper and scrolls his name on it immediately. “Here! Just leave them alone!” He whispers quietly, the fear deep in his body. He hands the paper back to him as the gripping sensation becomes weaker in his body.

Cabal makes his way over to the four men, as Brian, Kevin and Howie quickly signed the sheet of paper to be relieved of the intense suffocating pain.

Cabal smiles, “Good. Congratulations men. Welcome to the Crimson Society. Howie since you’re not marked with our symbol, you’ll be our spy. The Nightfall Society won’t have clue to who you’re working for and that’ll work to our best interest I’m sure Demetrius will be delighted to see you all. Now come and follow me.”

The pain still grips them as they walk out of the room full of questions. They didn’t understand why they were needed, why they are a part of something they never heard of and why they resisted so quickly without having control of their own bodies. Too many questions filtered their heads as they follow Cabal like a lost puppy finding its master.

Brian and Kevin glance at each other nervously as fear and every other possible emotion flooded their confused bodies.

Cabal smiles, “The pain will leave once I drop you off.”

“What the hell are you and what you doing to us?” Kevin shrieks painfully.

Cabal smiles, “There, there. I’ll answer all of it, once I get you to where I have to. Just follow me for now. And if you fight, the pain will only increase.”

Nick gulps, his throat went dry as they follow unwillingly like slaves behind Cabal.

Brian closes his eyes and whispers out a small prayer that he hopes was heard.
~*~

Her heels echo down the black marble tiles as she turns to open her boss’s office door. Steeping in, she holds down the bile that arose in her throat. Her boss had fallen for her and whenever he had the opportunity to talk with her, he would call for her.

She steps into the vacant office room and grabs a wooden chair to sit on. Setting her small purse on the tiles, she runs her hands down her grey skirt waiting for her boss to enter the room. She sighs and lets out a deep breathe. Her black curls lied pinned up on the side, her raven locks toppling gently over her caramel shoulders. She brushes a strand of hair off her neck, where a small tattooed black crescent moon lies. She taps her black strapped shoes impatiently on the floor. She decided to find a job to search out possible suspects that Demetrius might want to hire on his team. She did research but couldn’t find anyone that would want to join the Crimson society. “Liam will be thrilled with this info. Demetrius is going down.” She whispers happily, batting her dark eyes around the room.

The office was small but comfortable, the thick light mahogany walls and desk filled most of the room. Tons of books lied stacked on the mahogany shelves surrounding the room. Files and sheets of computer and security information lied scattered on the desktop. The yellow florescent lights, beam down on her as she scrolls her dark eyes around the room. The door opens and she turns around to see her overweight boss enter. She found the man utterly disgusting, he had a beer belly and was generally reeking of sweat and dirt. She found out the man had a taste in her but she had always refused to give into the man’s desires. What made the man gross was he was always hitting on her even when she told him nothing would ever happen. She knew he wasn’t married and understood why he wasn’t. ‘Damn, I’d rather die than have him touch me.’ She thinks to herself.

Her boss smiles and leans on the edge of his desk peering at her in front of him. “Hello there Nairobi. I missed you today. I don’t understand why you don’t work in the daytimes. We, I need your help more than now.”

Nairobi smirks, “Well sir, I’m so busy, the daytime is too much. Besides, I believe working during the nights since it’s less bustle I can concentrate and work faster.”

Her boss chuckles, “Well don’t you sleep? You miss the beautiful days cause you’re not much of a people person?”

Nairobi rolls her eyes and shakes her head, “No, that’s not it. It’s something more deeper than that.”

Her boss smiles and clears his desk with a swift of his hand, knocking everything to the floor with a crash.

“Well come sit here and tell me.” Her boss states, his fat red greasy cheeks rise with a smile.

Nairobi could feel her stomach grumble with hungry, “Sir, how ‘bout not.”

“Oh no please. I don’t mind. Come sit beside me. I love to have you near me. You always smell so good.” Her boss whispers to her.
Nairobi smirks and tries to hold in the gagging that was close to escaping her lips. “Alright.”

She swiftly sits on the desk, pulling her legs up off the floor. She sits with her legs tucked under her as she stares at him.

He chuckles insanely and nervously fixes his collar, she definitely had an effect on him, that she knew.

She was hungry and she couldn’t wait anymore, “Mr. Bidner, sir. I’m feeling a bit hungry.” She purrs into his chubby ears.

He laughs softly as his face reddens, “Well now, I’m sure I can ease your hungers.”

Nairobi leans into him and pelts his ears with soft kisses. Mr. Bidner lets out a low moan as he tries to embrace Nairobi in his fat arms. She backs away and waves her finger in front of him. “Uh, uh. You just rest and don’t move. Let me do it all.”

This got a loud chuckle as he looks her with pleasure scrawled on his face.

She pushes him to lie on the desk as she straddles him and leans towards his neck. He laughs as more sweat lingers on his forehead. Nairobi almost gags at the putrid smell that immense from the man but she was here on busy as usual, she leans in and sinks her protruding fangs into his neck. He didn’t pay attention to her growing teeth as he moans and cries out in pleasure. She sucks out the crimson delight as the blood rolls into her mouth. After a few long minutes of feeding, the large man lies limp on the desk. She checks his pulse, there was none. She fed and she no longer had to deal with him and his fascination with her. Smiling, she jumps off the desk and wipes the blood drops from her lips.

“Now back to where I was.” She says smiling, pulling out a manila folder buried beneath the large man. She flips through the folder and scans pages about a buyer with the name that rang a bell to her. “Demetrius. He wants to construct a dam on a water port.” She chuckles, “Man, Liam is gonna get a good laugh out of this one.” And she exits the room, feeling disgusted with the smell of the man on her. “I need to take a shower, egh.” She murmurs and disappears down the hallway.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Training Ground by Jamelet
A/N: I’m back with a new chapter, thanks guys for the support and enjoy! Till later, I’m out! Oh if you haven’t had the chance to read the new story- rather trilogy of the story of “Termination of Sanity” I would advise to first read the award winning “Troubling Gifts” and its sequel “Contribution of Dilemma”! hehe. Thanks.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Training Grounds~**

The night air drifts around him softly as he breathes in the sweet gentle smell of new green leaves boring on the trees around him. He enters through the cold iron gate, the creaking sound echoing as the gate doors open in front of him. His short blonde hair blows in the breeze as he inhales the mixture of death and life in the cemetery. Crunching over dry cracked leaves, he kneels to one of the tombstones that caught his interest. Scanning his grey eyes over the words scrolled on the granite tombstone, he smiles, the fangs poking him on his lower lip, reminding him of his hunger that still lingered in his stomach.

He sighs and takes in the dark surroundings around him. The cemetery was like a peaceful place for him, his sanctuary though it was most unusual and ironic. It intrigued his senses the most and reminded him of his being, his unique being.

“Liam. What are you looking at?” Kindel whispers gently, her bright crimson locks fluttering in the wind.

“Nothing much. Just curious to see what these humans write on tombstones. Its funny to see how people make a big deal with such words when after a while they stop visiting the gravesites and the words lose its meaning.” Liam whispers, licking his pink lips hungrily.

Kindel smirks, her bright emerald eyes taking in the words on the tombstone in front of her. The peacefulness was interrupted by the clumping of Orion boots. Taking a cold breath, he catches up to the two and kneels down in front of the decaying cracked tombstone. He smiles as he sees a dry bouquet of flowers at the base of the tombstone.

“Liam, why do humans like to waste their time? Don’t they understand its too late for those that are gone. In fact, I think it was better for those dead ones, they don’t have to feel your wrath.” Orion chuckles, his dark eyes glittering in the silver spray of moonlight.

Kindel rolls her eyes and gives Liam a peck on his cheek, “Don’t listen to him Li. He’s just teasing. Aren’t you boy?” She glares at Orion, hoping he get the drift at what he said.

Liam gazes at Orion, a pensive look crossed his face, “You don’t mean that now, do you Orion?”

Orion chuckles nervously, “Na man. I’m teasing. I knew what you meant.” He states almost stuttering. He knew about Liam’s anger and what resulted from it. And the last thing he wanted to do was to get on Liam’s bad side. He recalled the horror stories of the destruction of the former Crimson Society and how Liam single-handedly almost demised that entire society. Orion gulps hard and nods his head, standing beside Kindel in case Liam was to strike out at him.

Liam smiles suddenly and pats Orion’s broad shoulders, “I know. Just be careful. Your words can come back to you and haunt you boy.”

Orion gulps down, “Right boss. Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Now where were we?” Liam asks, rubbing his hands expectantly.

Kindel chuckles, “Baal and Hades are on their way. Give them five minutes, they’re bringing the body here.”

“Excellent.” Liam whispers, his light eyes twinkling happily.
~*~

A dragging sound scrapes the cobblestone ground as Baal and Hades pull on a corpse, each grabbing a leg and yanking the body over the dusty streets. Hades smiles, his caramel complexion glowing in the silver night. His spiky short hair was as red as the color of fresh blood when seeping from an open wound. His dark eyes scan at his partner Baal and chuckles, “You know, I wonder why out of all the places: Liam wants to meet in the graveyard. He’s a weird guy.”

“That’s nothing new, it shouldn’t surprise you man, Liam is well…one of a kind.” Hades states chuckling between his sentence.

Baal rolls his eyes, his cinnamon complexion clashing against his black and red solider hair cut. “There! I see him. Let’s hurry, I’m sure Liam is pissed with us for having him wait.”

Hades shrugs his shoulders as he yells out to his boss, “Yo Liam! We’re here!”

Liam turns to face the approaching couple, the rage that consumed his body the moment he saw them instantly changes to gladness when he sees what they were bringing with them.

Kindel giggles and leaps towards Hades and Baal, a grin plastered on her pale face, her red painted lips smeared into a smirk as she jumps on the dragged corpse. She examines the corpse and her smile instantly fades away.

“Liam, I don’t think you want to see this.” Kindel whispers eerily, her bright eyes narrowing in rage.

Baal and Hades glance at each other confused at what is wrong with the corpse. Baal hears the footsteps of his boss approach the dead body that was brought to him. Narrowing his eyes, he kneels and passes his hands over the dead decaying face on the ground before him. The complexion of the corpse was turning a light green, the unseeing eyes rolled back, dry cuts on its face was peeling, revealing the red muscles beneath it. The stench of the corpse was unbearable; its veins no longer contained the living fluid that once gave it life. “Baal, how long ago was this body dead?” Liam’s voice drops lower, sending cold shivers down the other four members.

“About two hours or so, why?” Baal asks, the fear creeping into his voice.

Liam snarls, “You’re lying. This body is already decaying, it must have been dead for days. Where is the fresh corpse I asked you to bring here?”

Baal stutters and glances nervously at the corpse on the ground and his partner Hades, “We run into a problem on our way over here. There was vagabond vampire crawling around the streets and we fought with it but it managed to outwit us and snatch the corpse from right under our hands.” Baal whispers ashamed and embarrassed, the faint blush coloring his cheeks as Hades lets out a loud sigh.

Liam smirks and shakes his head, “This is unbelievable. I don’t know why I still keep you around. But…” He sighs before continuing, “Since I have no other choice for now, your actions tonight will be excused. But I promise you, the next time something like that happens, don’t expect to get off this easily, you could lose your life or what’s remaining of it.” Liam whispers roughly, his grey eyes glaring at the two fools that managed to yet again destroy the plans along with his good mood. “Kindel, go with Hades and hunt down a fresh body. Baal, you stay here with me and Orion. Nairobi will be here shortly from her job. She couldn’t get much: she did get some basic info that can help us get closer to finding and eliminating our enemies.”

Orion smiles and fiddles with his pistol, pointing it directly at Baal, he grins, “You know if I could I would use this weapon on you, just so I can hear the vibration and sound the gun makes when I pull the trigger.” He whispers in a trance like voice, his dark eyes twinkling with glee from the idea. Suddenly he feels his pistol being snatched out of his hands from Liam.

“You will do no such thing. We need them as much as it pains me to say.” Liam whispers into Orion’s ear.

Orion smiles and places the pistol back onto the gun holster, sitting on the dusty ground besides Baal and Liam. Kindel smiles and leads the way out of the cemetery as Hades follows, his pride being torn from him.
~*~

Nemesis aims at the target and holding her submachine gun tightly within her fingers, she pulls the trigger releasing the silver contents within it. The empty copper shells litter the training room all around the tiled ground as Damaris joins her friend.

Smiling Damaris giggles and leans on the window that blocked her from the targets aligning the walls. Standing besides Nemesis, she watches the popping and striking of the bullets on the marked targets. “Way a go girl. You haven’t missed one target yet.”

Nemesis giggles and puts down the weapon, her honeysuckle locks flowing down her broad shoulders. “Yeah, I know. I’m too nice for this.”

Damaris smirks and rolls her light eyes playfully. “Hey did you hear?”

“About what?” Nemesis asks, her eyes still focus on the bulls eye target teasing her.

“Oh well you know, the fact the Cabal is on his way with Demetrius new workers!” Damaris giggles, her dark chocolate hair lies tied in a low ponytail swinging over her shoulders.

Nemesis peers down at her friend, “Na, you’re kidding me right? I mean who did he get to finally agree to team up with us?”

“Well they didn’t agree, Demetrius called them, like when we were called. So they didn’t have much a choice.” Demetrius mentions, recalling the painful sensations she had felt when she was called to join the alliance of the Crimson Society.

Nemesis nodded, “So I guess we get to see the guys again. I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to see our faces again.” She states beaming.

Damaris giggles, “You have a thing for one of them, don’t you?”

Nemesis rolls her eyes, “No. I mean not really, I don’t personally know these men to fall for them.”

“I never said that, but hey whatever.” Damaris whispers, gleaming at the marked targets and fiddling with a propped up gun in her hands.

The red light above the door of the training room starts glowing and blinking invisibly reminding them to go to Demetrius office.

“I guess our guests have arrived.” Damaris smiles.

Nemesis slightly blushes and rushes out the room followed by Damaris.

They quickly walk down the red carpeted hallway until they reach their boss’s office. Knocking on the door slightly, Nemesis turns on the door handle and pokes her head into the threshold.

“Come in girls. I have something to show you.” Demetrius voice whispers from within the room.

Both girls glance at one another and smile, entering the office. They both take a seat in front of Demetrius as he stands up and walks over to a side door on his left, smiling.

“Girls as you know by now, I sent Cabal out to get the ones that we called on. They are five men, I’m sure you meant them before for I recall you tried to get one to sign the form. But Cabal took care of that for you. Now welcome to the Crimson Society: Nick, A.J., Howie, Kevin and Brian.” As he is stating their names, the girls could see the door open and each guy in a trance step into the office. Nemesis gulps and looks into each of the five men eyes. She remembered the same look that had overtook her when she was called upon and that brought pain to her soul.

The five men stood quiet and Demetrius smirks, finally the dazed looks pass away from the men as they all stare around their surroundings in shock. Demetrius stands before Nick and smiles, “Remember me?” He whispers eerily.

Nick gulps and swallows hard, “It’s you! You freak! I can’t believe the cops haven’t caught you! I’m gonna make sure you see prison before the sun comes up!” He points his finger and the other four members of the group gasp and shake their heads.

“What are doing to us?!” Howie screams, his coffee eyes scanning the unaffected vampire before him.

Nemesis watches on to the argument and smiles at the Latin man of the group. He was standing aside a tall raven man with emerald eyes, but this man, Howie, caught Nemesis’s attention. She felt attracted to him, not that it was a surprised her, for the man held some air of beauty and innocence. Maybe that’s what drew her to him, his innocence, he never murdered or took a life away and that’s what Nemesis found so intriguing. For the past five years, murder was all she knew when she joined up with the Crimson Society. And to see that people still possess this form of innocence, made her envy and admire them at the same time. There was something so intriguing about that man; she couldn’t put her finger on it. And she knew Damaris felt it too. Both women watch the five frightened and confused men trying to figure out what is happening. Cabal enters the office and laughs, silencing the five men quickly.

“Girls, I’m so saddened that these guys are so unwilling to help us out…” Cabal states but was interrupted by Nick.

“Go to Hell! I ain’t helping your crazy self!” Nick yells out, his sapphire eyes gleaming in hatred.

Cabal faces Nick shaking his head in disappointment, “Why must you rebel so much? Don’t you see how quiet your friends are? Why don’t you imitate your friends?”

Nick growls as A.J smiling lifts up his finger, flipping both vampires off.

Demetrius growls, “Why are they acting in this matter? They will need to get trained now! I will not uphold such an attitude in my society.”

Kevin manages to whisper out a vulgarity to the two men, “You know what! Whatever you did to my friend Nick, you’ll be getting paid back later!” He growls at Demetrius who was a few inches away from him.

Demetrius smiles, his pale complexion glowing in the golden lights in the room. “Girls!” He yells to Damaris and Nemesis, never losing focus on Kevin’s face, “I need you to do me a favor. Sunrise is in two hours, I need you girls to do a job for me. See if you can train these men by this evening. Morning is already approaching and I can’t stay long here. This evening we must collect more blood. We’ll attack the blood bank tomorrow. Today however, both of you will train the men in handling weapons and arsenal. Make sure you show them some fighting combat as well. I don’t want my boys to be left unprotected if they can’t defend themselves.”

Brian whispers out loudly, his sapphire eyes trying to take everything in, “Oh God, what is this? Who are you? You hurt my friend didn’t you?”

Demetrius smiles and nods his head, “Brian I assure you all your questions will get answers today. The girls will gladly fill you in on any misconceptions that you might have. You must understand you’re in a bigger battle than you thought.” And with that, Demetrius signals Cabal and they walk to the other side of the office room whispering something in private.

A.J. gazes over at the two women and smirks, “So this is the grand Crimson Society. I was expecting to get a bigger entry than this.”

Nemesis smiles sarcastically and rolls her blue green orbs at Damaris.

Nick whispers out, “Why do they need us?”

“The Nightfall Society, that’s why.” Damaris whispers, her peach complexion shining in the dim florescent light.

Kevin rolls his eyes, “Here we go again, Nightfall? Crimson Society? What the hell are you talking about?” He asks aggravated, that for once he was the one who wasn’t inform and that was nagging at him.

“We’ll explain later.” Nemesis whispers, her eyes frozen on Howie as she blushes.

Demetrius interrupts, “Ok this is the deal, Cabal and I will split the group up. Two with Damaris, the other two with Nemesis.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Looks like D man can’t do math, there’s five of us. Did you forget that?!” He growls, his dark eyes narrowing in disgust at Demetrius.

Cabal chuckles, “Listen A.J. Don’t get smart, we know that fool. The fifth, your friend over there, pointing to Howie, “Isn’t part of this group but he will work for us nevertheless. He’s our spy, I’ll make sure me and Demetrius train him in the spy tactics. Now girls chose your two and begin training. Me and Demetrius will see you later on this evening. And girls behave. Especially you Nemesis.” Cabal whispers seductively, eyeing the tall woman.

Nemesis smiles and bats her eyes, “Will don’t I always?”

Demetrius laughs and exits the office room followed by Cabal.

A.J. claps his hands once and sighs, “Well girls looks like we’ll have a nice long conversation beginning with, what are the hell are we in?”

Nemesis sucks her teeth and grumbles as Damaris whispers, “It’s gonna be a long day.”
~*~

Nairobi slips out her heels and gently places her feet into comfy sandals. Stepping on the pedal of her black Benz, she pulls up alongside the cemetery. She can see Liam and Orion whisper to each other about something to Baal as they all gaze around the dead area in annoyance. Nairobi smiles and steps out, the cold wind greets her, her raven locks caressing her caramel cheeks. Making her way over to the rickety gate that sustained the entrance of the graveyard, she pulls out the manila folder from her black purse, waving it in the air for the men to see.

Orion laughs and gladly embraces the petite woman. “Glad to see you came. Liam was close to ripping Baal’s head off again.”

Nairobi giggles and gazes at Liam who smiles.

“I think I have something that belongs to you.” Nairobi whispers seductively, her dark eyes holding a secret.

Liam nods his head and takes the folder into his hands, opening it, his eyes gaze over the papers. “This is interesting. Guys get ready, we’re heading home, daylight is on its way. I’ll tell you what the folder says when we get home.”

“I’ll call Kindel to meet up with us at the suite instead.” Baal whispers, pulling out his small mobile phone.

Nairobi smiles as Orion places his arm around her waist and they all head out of the cemetery to catch some rest, for in the night the party will begin and they have nothing to fear or so they believe.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The First Drop by Jamelet
A/N: And I’m back! Yeah! Well enjoy and try to review thanks!

“The Blood Pact”

**~The First Drop~**

The metal blade comes careening towards Nick as he quickly ducks and places his arms over his head in fear. He crouches and peers slowly at Damaris who smirks and shakes her head in disappointment. He hears the blade pierce the wall beside him.

“How many times did I tell you not to let your feelings get in the way? You can’t go up and defend yourself against the vampires if you keep wimping out like this.” Damaris smirks, grabbing the gleaming blade that slammed on the wall inches away from Nick’s left arm.

Nick could hear A.J.’s snickering and he glares at the older man. “You think this is funny huh? Why don’t you try it man?!”

A.J. dusts his sleeves of his black jacket and smiles, “Ok fine. But really Nick that was pretty bad man.”

Nick glares and flips his middle finger as he quickly snatches the blade that Damaris is holding.

“Go. Stand over there and see if you can catch this knife A.J!” Nick growls, his light eyes glowing in anger.

A.J. rolls his eyes and sighs, looking at Damaris for some form of approval.

Damaris nods her head and points towards the thick cement wall, “A.J. you should have nothing to worry about. After training you guys for over three hours, you all basically have the main tactics.”

“Damaris, I’m curious, you still didn’t answer our question.” A.J. states curiously, swinging a long iron broadsword clumsily in his hands trying to avoid walking towards the wall where he’d be Nick’s target practice.

“What question?” Damaris asks raising her dark eyebrows curiously, her long dark brown locks tied in a bun.

“Why are we fighting against them? Can’t they be killed with a gun something? You know the silver bullet in their heart.” Nick mumbles, gazing curiously at a weapon in his hands: a metal iron tonfa- which is a rather thick small pole with a handle on the side.

A.J. laughs, “Dude, you think the silver bullet will work on the vampires?”

“Yeah man, haven’t you heard of all the story books that state that?” Nick asks cockily. Standing up straight in self assurance, he fakes a smile while the slight fear tickles down his spine.

Damaris watching quietly, bursts out laughing, “Err, sorry that’s a fairy tale. We’re talking demons here: a bullet can’t kill that. It’ll just wound it. These creatures are already dead.”

“But they’re in human bodies right?” A.J. asks, passing his butter pecan fingers over his black and blond tipped hair.

“It doesn’t matter, you need to understand what exactly you’re dealing with. Vampires, the demons as we say, have a tendency to kill human lives. They endanger the very lives, we’re trying to protect right now.” Damaris states, as she gazes around the training ground.

Nick sighs, “Isn’t that bastard Demetrius one? Shouldn’t we kill him?!” He seethes, his blonde spikes glowing in the florescent yellow light.

A.J. smiles, “You’d like that now, don’t ya?”

“Nick, this isn’t about Demetrius right now, he’s our only hope in stopping the killing that’s been erupting in the city.” Demaris whispers, her peach complexion flustered after working out in the training ground showing the two men how to use all the weapons that they have obtained. She continues speaking, snatching the blade from Nick’s hand.

“Guns won’t work all the time anyway. When traveling to a certain murky areas, the guns won’t work at all or basically begin to rot due to various temperatures. Besides when you’re fighting them close by, you won’t have time to reach for your gun unless you’re skilled and fast at it and judging by you guys, you shouldn’t even bother.” Damaris states, eyeing both men wearily.

A.J sucks his teeth, slamming the broadsword into a wall with all his strength.

Nick glances at A.J. and pinches his own arm. Damaris and A.J. glance at each other before gazing back at Nick.

“Just making sure this is real.” Nick grumbles, grabbing a forest green backpack with arsenals of all types.

Damaris gathers the metal exotic weapons lying scattered around the black tiles and straightens up, “Ok guys. Nemesis should be done training with Brian, Kevin and Howie. Let’s go meet them.”

“Hold up. Damaris, why are we really here?” Nick states, grabbing her arm and gently pushing her to the corner of a wall, hoping to scare her into telling them the truth.

Damaris simply smiles and roughly pushes Nick away from her, “We already told you. You’re chosen. Get over it.”

A.J. sucked his teeth and rolls his eyes, “This chick needs to relax. She’s too wrapped up in this whole vampire thing.”

Nick licks his lower lip nervously, “Maybe she has a reason to be.” He whispers, leaning on the threshold.

A.J. takes a deep breathe and picks up a black Kennings rifle from the ground, following Damaris out of the training room. Nick sluggishly drags his heavy back pack on the ground and follows the other two to meet up with Nemesis. He sighs and wonders if the other guys got more data then he had on the women training them.
~*~

“Watch out!” Nemesis yells, her blue green orbs shot wide open in trepidation as a bullet whizzes pass Howie’s ear.

“Oh dear God. You’re gonna kill each other if you’re not careful.” Nemesis shrieks. Her temper was slowly unraveling: for the past three hours, she was barely able to get all three men that she was to train: Howie, Brian and Kevin, to pay attention to her. Their curiosity was too much for Nemesis to handle, they wanted to touch everything: all the guns, arsenal, the exotic weapons that was collected by Cabal and Demetrius throughout their lifetime. There wasn’t one thing the men in the room haven’t touched. She sighs and runs her fingers tiredly through her honeysuckle locks. Slumping into a leather black sofa, she throws her arms in the air as a sign of defeat. “That’s enough guys. Stop it. You’re obviously too immature to handle such a responsibly.” She grumbles as Howie’s deep chocolate eyes bore into her.

She feels warmness on her cheeks, as she blushes uncontrollably. She couldn’t understand the effect this man was having on her. Howie smiles gently and with his pointer finger gently wipes away one of Nemesis’s stray hairs. She jerks away unconsciously and smiles feeling her cheeks burn a bright red. “I, I sho, should get back to training you guys. I mean you guys haven’t been catching the moves like I showed you.” She stutters, struggling to stand up from her seat. The door to the training room she’s in, opens with a creak as Damaris walks in accompanied with the other two members of the group.

Nemesis smiles, “Glad to see you came back in one piece. I was worried about you.” She passes her snowy hands down the hem of her dark jeans.

“I survived…barely.” Damaris smirks, watching the glares coming from Nick and A.J. “I was more worried about you though. At least these two guys listened enough to practice the moves I showed them. They know the basic. Which is a start and quite an improvement. What about you and your team?” Damaris asks, a smirk crawling on her face.

Nemesis waves her hand aimlessly towards the three men with her, “Just look around. What do you think happened here? They didn’t even bother listening to me. Kevin and Brian kept questioning me and acting rebellious. I was tempted to crack their wonderful skulls against the crème walls here. Don’t you agree?” She lowers her voice, glaring at the three men besides her.

Kevin clears his throat and shakes his head, “I’m not gonna do anything you tell me! You didn’t even explain why we’re really here. You have all of us here confused and I will not allow that you hurt any of us in way.”

Nemesis acted shocked and places her hand upon her chest, “Oh my, why would you ever think that? Little ol’ me hiding something from you. I would never. How sweet though, that you would come in defense to your little buddies here.” She responds sarcastically.

Brian speaks dryly, “Oh you have humor, how nice.” As he rolls his dark blue orbs in annoyance.

Damaris glances at the clock on the wall and gasp, “You guys, I’m not in the mood for this. We have about ten hours until evening and me and Nemesis promised that we would have you guys trained by then.”

A.J. snorts, “Good luck on that. I’m not fond of this whole kidnapping thing, I’m agreeing with Kevin here man. We can just walk out of here and you can’t do anything about it.”

“Are you sure about that?” Nemesis growls: standing up, facing him, she points a w&s double action pistol in his face. A.J backs down and shrugs his shoulders. Hegulps as she quickly places the pistol back onto her black gun holster.

He seethes out towards her direction, “You can’t scare me!”

The statement received laughter out of Nemesis as she pulls out a steel blue fan: the edges glistened with small sharp blades and swings it A.J.’s face, making him stumble back in utter surprise.

“What the hell is that?!” He yells out, his eyes shot open at the unusual weapon in Nemesis’s hands.

“You’ll find out soon enough, but for now. We’ll rest. Nemesis and I will show you guys your rooms. You’ll need to rest up, today is gonna be a big day for you guys.” Damaris whispers quietly, opening the office door, holding the copper knob in her small hands.

“Why is it a big day?” Howie whispers shakily, as Brian tries to calm A.J. down.

“I’ll tell you later. I’m too tired right now. You guys know how to drain my energy away.” Nemesis whispers seductively, peering her eyes at Howie.

Brian gulps and shakes his head, he just like the others were pulled into something they had no clear idea about. ‘Vampires? That’s impossible.’ He thinks to himself, trying to make sense of the all news he had received earlier. He follows the others out of the room and hoped that someone will fill him in on what exactly is going on.
~*~

The rain pounded down hard, the lightening and thunder sending the storm into its misery. The dark dreary streets cry out in its loneliness as the blue sedan creaks over the wooden planks. The middle age woman sighs happily and leans back on the passenger seat as her husband pulls away from the port.

“Guess this fishing trip is over faster than we thought.” Her husband states grimly, the corners of his eyes crinkle with a smile.

His wife giggles and drains her wet copper hair, full of rain water with her hands. “Honey this storm is coming down harder than I thought. Why don’t we pull over to the first house that we see and make a call? My cell isn’t working in this area, the frequency is horrible down the shore.”

“Same here, I can’t make a call with my stupid cell myself. Let’s drive down this road and see what we can find.” Her husband says, a rain drop running down the side of his peach cheeks.

“Oh look, that house seems to have people in there.” His wife whispers, her cerulean eyes stay fixated upon an old mansion off the side of the road. “Pull up sweetie, maybe they have a phone we can use.”

Her husband smiles, “Don’t you think we can make it back home?”

“We have a flat tire and it’ll be miles till we hit home. Besides the weather is too bad. Maybe if the people are nice, we can stay the night or until the storm is over.” His wife whispers, her light tan cheeks flushed.

“Oh right Gillian. Fine, let’s hope the people in the house will be generous enough to let us stay the night.” Her husband states, his dark eyes scan the mansion. The blue sedan pulls up to the driveway of the mansion as the rain pounded down.

The gravel spraying on the driveway catches the house owner’s attention. Hades snaps his head up and laughs, “Looks like we got company.” He states, peering out the glass pane window.

Kindel giggles and opens the door watching Nairobi stepping down the front steps to greet the “guests”. Inviting the happy couple inside, Kindel smiles, her fangs poking the inside of her gums. She takes a deep breath and tugs on her crimson hair. She quietly closes the front door and follows Nairobi with the wet couple towards the living room.

The copper haired woman from the couple turns her head to smile at Kindel, “I’m so sorry to be bothering you all this late. Me and my husband got caught in the storm and it’s a terror to ride back through this weather.”

Nairobi pushes her wet raven curls behind her ears and smiles. “No bother at all. Ma’am I’ll bring you blanket, you guys can catch a cold like that. Orion honey, why don’t take the couple to the warm living room while Hades brings the blanket to them. Baal sweetie, can you tell Liam that we have company. He’ll be thrilled to know.” Her caramel face plasters a sly grin on it.

Baal chuckles and winks at her before rushing off to get Liam. Hades, passes his fingers through his red spiky hair and grumbles down the hallway to get some blankets for the couple. The couple smiles and compliments Kindel on how beautiful the house is. The couple sits down on a plastic covered sofa and welcome the warm blankets given to them.

Liam steps into the living room and smiles. The woman sitting in the sofa smiles gently, “Hello, I’m sorry to be bothering you. Is there any way I can use your phone? Me and my husband got caught in this terrible unexpected storm.”

Liam smiles, his grey eyes narrow at the couple. “A phone? Why yes, you can use it. It’s down the hallway, come I’ll show you.” The woman stands up and disappears down the dimly lit hallway following Liam.

The husband clears his throat and watches Nairobi giving orders to the others in the house. Suddenly the husband fills a cold chill immersing in the room suddenly. He pulls on the blanket and wraps it around his wet cold body. “My, its quite cold in here.”

“We like it that way.” Nairobi whispers, standing directly in front of the man’s view. “Sir, if you like to stay the night, I have only a small favor to ask of you.”

The man peers up at the beautiful woman and smiles, “Oh if its about money, I’ll totally understand.”

Kindel giggles, “Oh trust me, it ain’t about money. In fact, you have something that we want.”

The husband scans the two women in front of him, “Uhhh, well what is it?”

Hades chokes back his laughter as Orion enters the room with a Kama- a metal hook attached to a small handle used for the killing of vampires. Orion’s dark chocolate skin glows in the soft florescent light as he smiles towards the man’s direction.

“Well if we told you, you might not give it to us.” Nairobi whispers, kneeling down in front of the man to see his face.

“I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell me.” The man states distracted, peering his head down the hallway where his wife had disappeared.

“You’re wife won’t be joining us.” Baal states, a smile plastered on his cinnamon complexion.

“What, what did you do to her? I’ll leave, I changed my mind, I can drive home through this storm, its not a big deal.” The man states nervously, he knew something terrible had occurred and he didn’t want to be here to face it.

Liam comes into the room, his grey eyes sparkling and his lips drips with what looked like blood. “You’re wife has a problem. I took her down the hallway and she seems to have lost a lot of blood when she cuts her neck.”

The man jumps up from the couch, his eyes startled, “How did she cut her neck?! What did you do to her?”

“I did nothing, I simply took her to where the phone was. She just happened to make a move on me, I don’t know what came over her, but she wanted to kiss me. Quite a shocker really.” Liam whispers roughly, his smile never leaving his face.

“No! She wouldn’t do things like that. What did you do to her? Is she ok?” The man asks, his dark eyes searching the hallway hoping his wife would appear already.

“Ok, I won’t leave you in suspense anymore. I killed her. She was quite tasty, her blood one of the purest I tasted in a while.” Liam laughs, wiping his blood smeared mouth with his hand.

“Holy mother of…” The man was cut off as Kindel screeches and topples the man onto the floor. Her fangs gleam brightly in the soft lights above her.

“There will be no such thing in this house! How about I take you to join your wife now? Would you like that?” Kindel asks manically, her emerald eyes glowing.

The man screams out as Kindel lies straddled on him as Orion swings the Kama in his hands approaching the man on the floor.

“Sir, its sad to see that it’s over for you.” Orion’s deep voice rumbles, as he leans over the victim’s face.

The man cries out as Kindel rips into the soft flesh on the neck pulling on the veins and slowly draining the man’s life away. The man’s blood drops splatter and stain the mahogany wooden planks as Orion, Liam, Nairobi, Hades and Baal laugh in glee, enjoying the horrid screams that filter in the room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Mystical Paranoia by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”


~**Mystical Paranoia ~**

The rain patters quietly on the glass window pane, as Howie traces the trails of the drops with his tired eyes. The soft yellow and orange dawn sunlight caresses his face as he sighs deeply. He wanted to go to sleep, his body was longing for it, but he couldn’t deny the fact that he was scared senseless. He didn’t know where he was, he along with the other guys were forced to come to the company in a hotel, where the Crimson society met. So many questions he needed to ask, so many things he needed answers too. He was desperate to escape, but Nemesis’s warning though brought him into confusion. She told the guys to stay put, that if they escaped, they would get brought back by Demetrius and he wasn’t in the best of moods to begin with. He recalled the snide remark Nick had said after Nemesis had talked, “Really? Could have fooled me?”

Howie smiles and gently pulls on the thin cotton blanket over his hip. His eyes remain fixated on the pouring rain drops, falling aimlessly down the glass pane. Sighing, he tried to think of ways to escape, part of him wanted to be rebellious like Nick or A.J. and attempt to leave but the other part of him was just too cautious and who can blame him. There was definitely something eerily frightening about the whole society thing: especially what Demetrius and Cabal are. Sure he never believed the whole superstitious vampire stories that were told to him when he was young. “I mean they just can’t be real. Shouldn’t there be a law or something that keeps them away from people?” He whispers softly, the mere vibration of his lips when he formed the words ‘vampire’, sent a cold shiver down his spine. He lies on his side, as he gazes tiredly out the rainy window. Ideas formed his head, about how the guys would try to escape. He recalled the earlier conversation with the others when they all met at Kevin’s bedroom:

“I’m getting out of here! I can’t stand this place! It’s freaky, the whole thing is abnormal. They should all go to jail or something, or send the dogs after those things. I mean they’re not even human!” Nick shrieks, his azure eyes glowing in rage.

Kevin sighs and nervously tried to explain everything that they knew so far about why they are there. “Look, as I know, Nemesis said something about we’re chosen. We have to stop some other group from hurting the public. She said, the police can’t help cause some of them work for the Nightfall Society and others simply aren’t informed of it.” He says quietly, pacing in front of Nick nervously who seems to be quiet and withdrawn from the whole conversation. Howe continued to recall the vivid images that run through his mind about the guys meeting:

Brian crosses his arms and stares at the beige ceiling, the soft dim yellow florescent light glowing with all its strength. “Ok, so far, what we’re in is to stop the non living from hurting the innocent people here right?” He gazes at Kevin who nods his head. Brian closing his azure eyes for a moment, takes a deep breathe. “Well if that group was causing problems for so long, why now, does Demetrius want to go after them? And besides the fact that he decided that using us would pull the other group to come after us, why is he forcing us to stay here against our will?!” He growls the last words, his eyes narrowing as the slight anger tickled his spine.

“See what I mean? I’m out! I’m not staying here! He could do whatever the hell he wants to. As for me, I’m walking out of this building and he can’t stop me!” A.J. states, his chocolate eyes burning in rage as he throws on his black jacket and heads to exit Kevin’s room.

“Wait, look, I know it sounds weird, but I’m thinking the girls were forced into this as well. Nemesis told me that she joined the Crimson Society not that long ago with Damaris. I’m thinking that if they themselves who have been trained well couldn’t have escaped, what makes you think we can stand a chance?” Howie whispered to them, his eyes downcast knowing he sent off an argument.

Kevin clutches the arms of the chair he decided to sit on and smirks, “And you believe that woman! Howie, I’m not staying here! Our safety is endanger, we’re messing with a psychotic man who believes vampires exist. Listen to me, Howie, we’re all leaving and I’m gonna make sure you don’t change your mind. In two hours, I’m coming to get you from your room. Stay awake, we’re getting the hell out of here.” Kevin whispers vehemently, the sudden thick tension arising in the room.

Howie gulps and blinks his eyes as his thoughts drift back to the falling rain drops on the windows. He sighs and rubs his eyes waiting: waiting for Kevin to come get him and take him and the others away from this hellhole.
~*~

The sun was rising, it was funny how he never had the chance to really see the glory of the sunrise, but today he did and he was spellbound by the natural beauty of the rising sun. He smiles and places his forehead on the cool glass window, his dark chocolate eyes scan the front yard of the grand hotel they along with the others from the Crimson Society are in. He hears a rasp knocking on the door and jumps at the sudden noise that disturbed the peace. A.J. smiles and races over to the door expecting to see Kevin waiting for him, instead it was Brian.

“Hey B. Whatcha doing here? I thought Kevin was gonna get me?” A.J. whispers, tugging on Brian’s blue tank top, pulling him into the bedroom and closing the door behind him immediately.

Brian sighs, “I know, but there’s a problem. Nick is missing. I went to get him and he disappeared from his room.” He whispers, glancing around the room hoping maybe Nick could have wondered here.

A.J. shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders, “Sorry B. Nick ain’t in here. Wonder where he could have gone?”
“I think he might have escaped before us.” Brian whispers quietly, his piercing eyes taking in every inch of the room in hopes that Nick could have sneaked in here after all.

“Nick’s slow, not stupid. I doubt he has the balls to just leave without any of us.” A.J states quietly, brushing down his hair with his light tan fingers.

Brian smirks, “I guess you’re right, in about a five minutes we’re gonna try to head down to the living room.”

“Does Kevin know exactly how we’re gonna leave here? I mean will we just open the front door and walk out?”

Brian nods his head, “Yup, it’s that simple.”

A.J. smirks and shakes his head, “You know I thought Howie could have sneaked away from us not Nick.”

“Why do you say that?” Brian asks curiously, his light eyebrows rose in interest.

“Well, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think Howie might be feeling something for one of the girls. Nemesis in particular.” A.J. whispers excitedly, rubbing his hands together in glee.

Brian laughs, “Howie and Nemesis? Nah, the chick is psycho. I think she’s a vampire herself. I don’t think our boy is that fast in falling for her. Though she’s a beauty but I think she’s along with the other girl is missing a marble or two in her head.”

A.J. snorts, “Well that’s what I thought. But nope, human like us as far as I know. Damaris said or least tried to give the same excuse that she was human just like the rest of us but come on B. Why would Cabal and that Demetrius dude need them? Sure they can fight but the guys had to train them. I don’t know, this whole thing is too confusing and just down right freaky. She might not be one but I think she had one in her…”

Brian gasp and interrupts, chuckling, “Alex man! That’s wrong!”

Laughing A.J. throws his arms in the arms innocently, “Hey man, you never know.”

Brian smirks checks his watch, “Time to roll. Let’s go.” And with that pulls on A.J.’s black tank top, leading him to the exit of the room.
~*~

A cold drop of water traces down edge of his nose as he dries his face with a small towel. He sighs and cracks his neck gently, he didn’t understand why he was really here with the so called vampires. And why they needed him and the guys. He stares at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, his blue eyes full of worry and distress. He wanted out and he would do that tonight. He exits the small bathroom and enters the bedroom decorated identical to the other bedrooms the guys are in: A dark scarlet carpet covered the entire floor as the dingy white walls and ceiling stand out. He grabs his wallet and makes his way over to the door, silently opening the door and slipping out into the hallway. Passing the many bedrooms besides him, he creeps down the stairs hoping to reach the front door and make his escape. He reaches the door and was about half way done opening it, when he forgot to grab a weapon.

‘Just in case’ He thought, he needed to protect himself in case those insane people of the Crimson Society sneak up on him. He glances around the large dark living room, only the flicking white candle on the fireplace gave its weak light. The yellow glow from the candle gave Nick a chance to see besides the fireplace stood an antique dark mahogany dresser, the entire floor was covered in a dark crimson carpeting while large glass pane windows surrounded the area. The early morning sun glow seeps through the windows helping to enlighten the room and giving Nick a chance to see where he really is. In the center of the living room stood a grand piano, its ivory keys glowing brightly, taunting Nick to play with them. Nick feels a smile and gazes up at the top of stairs, ‘Should I? No, I could wake them up and then the plan will fail. I have more important things to do than to play the piano.’ Yet Nick remain transfixed on the beautiful instrument gleaming in the golden sunlight. ‘I gotta leave now. I’ll meet the guys outside, down the road. I can’t stay here another minute.’ And he closes his eyes as his heart pounds against his chest. He feared getting caught, but he couldn’t think about that now, he has to go through with the plan. Taking a deep breath, he steps outside and races down the porch welcoming the morning sun.
~*~

Howie pulls the covers off him as he quietly open the knocking door.

“You ready?” Kevin asks, leaning on the threshold.

Howie nods his head and bends over to a chair where he placed his boots on. Quickly slipping into it and tying it. He stands up and exits the room following Kevin.

“Kev? Kev? Wait.” Howie yells quickly catching up to a running Kevin.

Kevin turns around and glares down, “Wait till we get outside and then we can talk. Now is bad.”

“I was gonna say that Nick is missing.” Howie whispers loudly, tiptoeing behind Kevin.

Kevin stops and licks his lips nervously, “What did you just say?”

“That Nick is missing. Brian went looking for him and I heard him talking to A.J. about it.” Howie quietly whispers, placing his back on wall and silently tiptoes towards the stairwell.

Kevin reaches the grand staircase, it’s dark mahogany stairs carpeted in a plush crimson material and takes two steps down before turning around and facing Howie. “What do you mean he’s missing? Brian and Nick should be downstairs along with A.J. Why would Nick not be there?”

Howie shrugs his shoulders and gulps, he knew something wasn’t right, he could feel a pang in his abdomen as his intuition decides to kick in.

Kevin grumbles and the two men safely make it down the stairs and make their way to the doorway.

He can see the silhouette of A.J. and Howie as they approach the waiting men. “Where’s Nick?” He chokes out, his emerald eyes scanning to A.J. and Brian in confusion.

Brian grimaces and whispers, “Actually I was gonna ask you the same thing?”

“What?! I can’t believe this! Where the hell could he have gone. I swear if he left before us or decided to explore this mansion, God so help me, I’ll kill the child.” Kevin growls as he fishes in his pockets for his cellular phone. “He better pick up too.” He lets the phone ring and after the fifth ring Kevin was about to hang up when Nick answers the phone.

“Yo Kev. Where you at?” Nick’s voice filters the phone as Kevin glares at the others.

“Moron, we’re about to leave the place.” Kevin whispers.

“Uh, I don’t think it’s such a good idea.” Nick replies, his voice sounding shaking.

“Nick, something wrong with you?” Kevin asks worriedly, the other three guys gather around him.

“Yes.” Nick simply states.

“Ok, Nick, is someone with you?” Kevin asks, his eyes wide and round in fear.

“Yes.” Nick answers, his voice drops as the phone is passed to someone.

“Hello.” The unknown voice states.

Kevin gulps and raises his dark eyebrows at the others. Howie pokes him on the side and with his hands state for Kevin to keep talking to Nick.

“Who’s this? You with Nick?” Kevin asks, his voice becoming weaker as frightening images clouded his mind about what Nick could have gotten into.

“You’ll find out. But whatever you do, don’t leave the house. Or Nick will be singing the blues at the bottom of an ocean.” The voice threatens.

Kevin gulps as Brian peers out one of the windows to see what looked like Nick standing down the road like they had planned. Except besides him stood a man similar to Nick dressed all black as He grabs Nick by the throat and drags the man away from the road into a black minivan. Brian gasps and watches the scenery as Kevin tries to talk with the mysterious man on the phone.

“Leave Nick alone!” Kevin shouts, not caring anymore if he loud or that he woken anyone up.

Howie and A.J. run to the window to where Brian is at and gasp as the youngest member in their group is hurled into the back of the vehicle.

The laughter is the only answer Kevin received on the other line as a dial tone quickly followed that.

Kevin mutters a profanity and races out the door just in time to see the black minivan drive away down the road.

“NO! DAMMIT!” Kevin shrieks. “Why didn’t Nick listen to me? If he stayed here and waited for us indoors all this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Don’t blame yourself for this, Kev. We’ll tell the girls about it and see if they can help us get Nick back.” Howie whispers gently as A.J. examines the tire tracks on the asphalt left behind from the vehicle.

“There’s no one to trust here. I don’t trust the women in there nor that Cabal guy or Demetrius. We’re own our own, and I’m gonna find the bastard that took Nick without those people help.” Kevin mutters, the heated rage blurring his eyes as he exhales slowly trying to relax.

“I think Howie’s right on this on.” A.J. responds, his raspy voice states.

Kevin glares at the man before him and leans towards him, “And why should I let those goons help me?” He states through clenched teeth.

“Cause that was one of the guys I saw three weeks ago with the crescent tattoo.” Howie whispers shakily, his hands grip on Brian’s arm tightly.
“D, it’ll ok. We’ll get Nick back. He’ll be with us soon, you’ll see.” Brian whispers as he gazes at the other three men lost in hope.
~*~

Nairobi brushes her long raven locks gently over her shoulder as she sings a song quietly to herself. She turns to the soft tap coming from the door, “Who is it?”

“Kindel: open up. I got news!” Kindel giggles as she juggles the doorknob in her hands. Nairobi stands up from the chair and drops her brush on the dresser, quickly opening her room door to the woman.

Kindel eagerly steps in, her emerald eyes ablaze in pure joy, giggling, the red headed woman bounces on her toes.

“Well it must be good news, you almost woke me up from my nap.” Nairobi states with a gentle smirk on face, her dark eyes twinkling with glee.

“Sorry, I just thought it’s imperative that you know what I know. I got a call from Liam about a minute ago, telling me he caught one of the Crimson people that are working with Demetrius. He said the guy has the Cross symbol like Demetrius and the rest of the group has. So he knows that the man knows something.” Kindel whispers happily, her red painted lips smear into a smile.

“Well that’s quite the news no isn’t it? I’m sure the guy will talk after all Demetrius life isn’t worth dying for now is it?” Nairobi giggles, her beautiful caramel complexion glows in the sunlight. “Kindel sweetie, can you close the curtains. The dreaded light is quite a nuisance when I’m trying to sleep. I don’t get why humans find it so satisfying.”

“Em, they’re weird I guess.” Kindel replies as she tugs on the bright red curtains, pulling them close to block out the sun. “You what’s so funny now that I’m thinking about it.”

Nairobi shrugs her shoulders as she lies on the canopy bed, its red lace curtains surrounding her, “What’s that?”

“How humans think the sun is our enemy.” Kindel whispers, her light eyes gleaming in mischievous.

Nairobi smirks and shakes her head, “Yeah, well you know all those myths they have about us. They say that to feel safe and secure that in the light they’re safe when they’re really not. We’re watching them.”

“Yup, I think the moonlight gives me a better look anyway. Makes it more scary and creepy don’t ya think?” Kindel states, her dark red locks toppling over her shoulders.

“Yes, I think so too.” Nairobi remarks, quietly giggling along with Kindel.

“Well, I’ll see you in the evening, I’ll let you take your beauty nap.” Kindel whispers steeping out of the grand master room.

“Alright, just come get me, when company arrives.” Nairobi whispers with a small smile on her face.

“Oh I will! ‘night.” Kindel whispers

“Goodnight to you sweetie.” Nairobi whispers, closing her dark eyes for slumber.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**
Danger Up Ahead by Jamelet
A/N: Ok, guys I’m not sure what’s up with the reviews, I know that a couple of you that did leave reviews have been erased, anyways, if you guys are still interested, this chapter will be fun to read and hehe, there’s fighting in it! *grins* Take care and please leave a review, so I know that I haven’t lost my readers out there. **Please check out my story with my co-author Natalie in the sci-fi section called “Not Too Young” I promise it’ll be worth the read! Thanks! *grins*

“The Blood Pact”

**~Danger Up Ahead~**

Howie sighs and stares at the empty seat besides him. Kevin decided it was to his best interest along with the others to tell Nemesis and Damaris what had occurred to their friend and his sudden kidnapping.

His tired chocolate eyes effortlessly watch as Kevin ascends the stairwell to where the bedrooms are. The early sunlight filters into the living room of the fancy vacant hotel that the Crimson Society privately owns. He slumps on the red velvet sofa and watches Brian and A.J. discuss something in private, their whispers echoing him, almost taunting him. He had the sudden feeling he was being excluded out of any activity that might take place. He realized that Cabal and Demetrius were more interested in the other four guys then himself, ‘Maybe it’s the tattoos they have.’ He thinks to himself quietly, chuckling.

“Howie, come here a sec.” A.J. whispers, waving his hand over to him.

Howie reluctantly makes his way over to the two, “What?” He curiously asks, his gaze landing on A.J. who has a grim expression scrolled across his face.

“Do you feel different today?” Brian whispers over to him, his voice dropping away as his azure eyes drift to focus on the red plush carpet below him.

“Different? How? I feel exhausted if that’s what you’re asking.” Howie lowers his voice, to maintain the private conversation they’re having to themselves and to no one else.

“No, different, like inside your soul or something. Like you’re fighting to maintain a good clear conscious about you and everything that’s happening.” Brian whispers, his eyes almost pleading with Howie to try to comprehend what’s torturing him.

Howie shakes his head and tries to understand why his friends are distress. “Look, I know the whole kidnapping thing is freaking us out, but Nick will be ok. He has to be. Kevin went to get the girls, they have to tell us the whole story and all this confusion and mess can finally be cleared up.”

A.J. smile softly, “Then I think it’s not a good idea to let Kevin talk with them alone. I’m going with him. You guys can with me or wake up Cabal or Demetrius, either way, we have to figure out what’s going on. ‘cause this is confusing as hell to me.”

“Tell me about it.” Brian whispers, following A.J.

The three men creep up the stairs steadily avoiding creating more sound than they needed to. The last thing they needed as an angry leader ready to tear them apart and the guys didn’t know about Demetrius that well to be put in such a horrid position.

A.J. smiles and leads the way down the carpeted hallway until he stops out the end of the dimly light hallway. Kevin rasps his knuckles lightly on the door at the end, to his left. Without waiting for a response, Kevin grabs the copper doorknob and slams his body against the door, swinging it open. A.J. raises his eyebrows and nods his head, “Wow, that was cool Kev. Think you could more louder.” He teases, his dark eyes gleaming in the dim light.

Kevin rolls his eyes and steps into one of the women’s bedroom. Kevin races over to the bedside of the large canopy queen size where Damaris was sleeping soundly. Yanking the thin covers off her small body, Kevin leans down and grabs the woman by her hair.

Damaris’s eyes snap open as she gasps and stares at the angry man before her.

“Whoa, whoa, hey. Kev! Stop that! Let go of her. How are we supposed to get her talk if you’re scaring her?” Brian whispers loudly, his sapphire eyes widen in anxiety.

Howie and A.J. approach the woman’s bedside as Kevin realizes his grip on her hair.

“Fine, alright. But you have a lot to explain to us!” Kevin growls, his light eyes glowing in the dark.

Damaris shivers and crawls away from Kevin in fright, “What do you wanna know?” She asks, pulling a thin blanket over her arms, her heart banging against her chest as she tries to steady her rapid breathing.

“Everything.” Howie whispers, kneeling besides her on the bedside.

“Like from the beginning?” Damaris whispers.

“That would come in useful.” A.J. remarks, his dark eyes gazing at the frightened woman on the bed.

“Ok, I’ll tell you what I know. Maybe Nemesis might know more than I. She was part of the Crimson Society before I was.” Damaris whispers, her voice shaking as her eyes scroll nervously over to the rippling velvet red curtains bellowing in the sharp cool breeze emerging from the large glass window panes.

“I get Nemesis, but you start explaining.” Kevin points to the woman as he exits the room.

Damaris nibbles on her lips as she passes her hands nervously over her dark brown hair. “It started over a century ago. A man by the name of Dagon walked on the earth. He traveled around the world, excited about what each country had to offer. He was tourist more to say but he studied heavily on the features of the Earth for he loved the formations of the natural beauty Earth had to offer. But something happened to him throughout his journeys. It wasn’t clear what exactly occurred but rumors had it that he was attacked by some night creature, like a bat or something. Well he noticed, he was picking up the strange instincts of such an animal, preferring the night rather than day, his vision was excelling better by night than day, his hunger. His hunger well that’s a different story. Bats don’t drink blood, though there’s a story of blood sucking bats, but that’s just a myth. But the man noticed his hunger for blood grew in the night, he needed to taste it, like a urge or rather craving that will replenish his hunger…” She was cut off when A.J. cuts her off.

“Sweetie, what does this have to do with us, with Nick getting taken and the Crimson society?” A.J. asks annoyed, his dark eyes narrowing at her, as he takes off his shades.

“With everything. This helps you understand what exactly is the Crimson society and why you’re here.” Damaris states quietly, her head dropped to her chest as she fiddles with the edges of a blanket on the bed.

“Oh ok then.” A.J. whispers, crossing his arms over his chest, “You can continue.”

Damaris smiles slightly and continues the story, “Ok, well Dagon was changing into what we call a vampire. He was becoming a demon something that was unheard of. There were myths that came from the Biblical times that the man that had betrayed Jesus didn’t die but changed into a vampire. Anyway, Dagon was the first original vampire, he eventually like a human that he was still a part of, fell in love with a woman who became his wife. Eileen, his wife bore children, Liam and Drake.”

She stops as she hears the guys gasps, “Liam, I heard that name before.” Howie whispers.

Damaris simply nods her head and continues the story, “Yeah. Well Liam was officially a full blown vampire born of human and a half vampire. Liam, shall I say became the first vampire to creep upon this Earth. He later changed Demetrius, the one we all know, to a vampire. Demetrius see was a regular man just like you guys. But later changed through the sip of an immortal blood- Liam’s. About twenty years ago, a fight broke out between the two men and each headed their separate ways. Liam formed what we call the Dark Falls Society, originally was called Midnight Society, but changed the name for some reason. Anyways, Liam and Demetrius have been at each other’s throat for while now.” She smiles and giggles slightly at the irony of the statement she said.

It seemed only Brian caught that too as he smirks. Damaris smiles, “Now to answer your question, you’ve been chosen.”

“We covered this already, but why?” A.J. whispers, his anger flickering in his voice.

“You guys are the descendants of Liam and Demetrius. Demetrius was drawn to you guys blood, there was familiar scent in your sample of blood that Demetrius recognized. The same blood scent that transformed him into a vampire.” Damaris ended sighing.

Howie looks over at Brian and A.J. who seem to be in some form of shock as they try to comprehend the story given to them. “I’m related to them?” Howie whispers.

“Correction, they’re related to them. Not you.” Damaris whisper softly, pointing to A.J. and Brian. “Nick and Kevin are direct descendents of Liam.”

“Oh that’s real nice, it’s a family reunion. How nice.” A.J. mutters sarcastically, stealing glances to his two band mates.

“Why are we descendents and not Howie?” Brian whispers.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, “Don’t know. I’m not related to any of them either, I just work for Demetrius.”

“There’s more to this story right?” A.J. growls, hating to stay in the dark of the whole idea of the Crimson society.

“Yeah, but like I said, Nemesis knows the rest. That’s all I know.”

“Why didn’t you ever try escaping from here?” Howie asks curiously.

Damaris laughs in distress, “How easy would that be? I tried, you have no idea ho much me and Nemesis tried leaving this place. But we can’t. It’s like being a part of a gang or mafia. I can’t leave, I know too much, even the little that I do know is too much. Demetrius would rather kill me than have me leave with the history of the vampire tale.”

“Don’t you want to want to leave?!” Howie whispers loudly, his big eyes round, taking in the morbid expression crossing the young woman.

“Yes, but I don’t wanna die either. Me and Nemesis have planned on escaping and almost manage to leave but we get drawn in again. Cabal pulls up back to this. This hell that has no ending. Until Liam is destroyed, I can’t leave here and neither can you.” She whispers in almost a trance.

“Oh God. This is living nightmare.” A.J. whispers, his dark eyes stare at the only thing of innocence in the room: the early dawn sun light breaking through the glass panes.

“I wanted to tell you that Nick was just kidnapped just a few minutes ago.” Brian whispers afraid to bring up another topic that involved those sick vampires.

Damaris gasps alarmed, “What?! How did that happen? Do you know who kidnapped him?”

A.J. sighs and slumps his shoulders, “We had planned on escaping this place, we all were about to leave the front door when we realize Nick wasn’t with us.”

“Kevin got a call on his phone from Nick who was just outside here waiting for us on the roadside, suddenly it seemed like Nick was in danger cause he sounded freaked out.” Howie states: sitting on the edge of the bed trailing his hands down his arm to understand the whole absurd story given to him by Damaris.

“I the guy who told him, a tall skinny man with light blonde hair. The guy sounded eerie on the phone telling Kevin on the phone that if we left this place that Nick will die!” Brian says, the panic settling in his voice.

Damaris gulps, “Oh boy, this isn’t good. Liam knows about you guys. If he has Nick, he could be tormenting the man to get the info he needs.”

Brian sighs deeply, “Girl you still have a lot to explain. Why info does he need from Nick?”

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, ‘That’s all the info I know. Nemesis told me something about the on going conflict with Liam and Demetrius but I don’t know the details.”

Howie runs his fingers through his unruly black curls and stands up from the bed, “Well I’ll guess we’ll wait for Kevin to come with Nemesis then.”

A.J. twirls his pointer finger in the air to show how ‘excited’ he was for that event to occur.

Brian sighs and drums his fingers on the night stand besides bed, waiting for the rest of the untold story to be told to them.
~*~

Kevin reaches the last thick mahogany door to his left and turns the large copper knob. To his surprise, the door creaks open, allowing him entrance to the sanctuary. He slides into the room quietly, his light eyes adjusting to the sudden darkness that enveloped him. “Nemesis? Nemesis are you awake?”

He received no response as he gazes around him sensing something suspicious. His sense of awareness rose as his heart races expecting something to come. “Nemesis, I’m not in the mood for games, where are you?”

“Not in the mood? Really cause I am.” Nemesis’s voice filters in the pitch black room.

Kevin smirks, “I need you to meet us in Damaris’s room. You need to tell us the rest of the story Damaris is telling us about the history and past of the Crimson Society and why we’re here.”

His response was a laughter, as he hears the wooden planks beneath him creak with the invisible weight of his unseen foe. “You’ll have to beat the answer out of me cause I’m not talking.”

“What do you know?” Kevin growls, his fists drawn into a tight grip.

“The truth.” Nemesis’s voice floats by him.

Kevin could sense her presence nearby and lashes out his hand, pushing into what seem like a shoulder from Nemesis’s body. He hears her feet shuffle as she back away and her laughter, as his eyes are drawn to a gleaming sliver material striking in the middle of the room. The silver material disappears into the dark again and swiftly flashes before his face inches away as the early dawn yellow light tries to break through the drawn curtains. Kevin focuses his eyes on the curtains and runs to it to help light up the room and grab Nemesis. It seemed she knew that too and leaps onto his back, pulling out a thin wire and wrapping it around his throat.

“Oh no. There’s no cheating in this. Can you get me in the dark?” Nemesis’s taunting voice chants.

Kevin swiftly tugs on the arms that hold the wire and flip the figure onto the ground. The body crashes onto the floor as Kevin feels a slight ting of pain caress his legs. It seems that Nemesis was using the silver material on his sensitive flesh. He could feel the searing hot pain flood his body as a trail of blood oozes from a wound on the base of his leg. “AHHH! That’s hurts!” He yells in agony as he tries with his good leg to stomp on the crawling figure on the floor.

He hears more laughter as Nemesis stands up and pulls out a metal object, the sound of scraping metal being banged on. In a second, he sees the object lashing out towards him as backs away, stumbling over a rug on the ground. He tries to focus on the oncoming object and topples onto the floor as his ankle gave up. He slams onto the floor and with eyes wide open, tries to see the figure ascend towards him. He fells the heavy weight land on his abdomen suddenly causing him to gasp for air. He tries to push away Nemesis as she is straddled on him, giggling.

He feels a burning sensation rip into his arms as the metal object that seems like a metal fan cuts into his flesh. Yelling in agony, he tries his best to push her off him, but his energy was draining from him as panic settled over him.

“Kevin. The first rule of the fighting is never let your opponent get the best out of you. You let panic seize you, that can’t happen when its time to fight for real. And never let your opponent get you down on the floor. Cause then it’ll be too late for you.” Nemesis’s voice tickles his ears as he hears her leaning in to tell him. He hears her standing up and drawing open the curtains, letting the sun light filter into the room.

Kevin sits up on his elbows and takes a deep breath, his eyes squinting at the new found light. Nemesis standing in the radiance of the glow of the morning sun, smiles at him, her bluish green orbs lit up in glee as her gentle honeysuckle tresses flow pass her shoulders, “Well good morning to you too.” She mutters, rolling her eyes at him. “Why the sudden invading in my room? Can’t I get some sleep?”

Kevin smirks, “You’re needed in Damaris’s room, she said you know more about the history of the Crimson Society and why we’re here.”

Nemesis sighs and extends her hand to get Kevin off the floor. “You’re in for a quite a story I should say. Well let’s go. I’m sure the horrid look on your face when I attacked you is priceless. Man what I wish I had a camera for that. It would have sold great on Ebay.”

Kevin snarls at her and both leave the room to join the others.
~*~

Liam smiles as he drags the young man out of the van. “Come on, let’s make this easy for all of us now shall we?” Liam whispers as he grips tightly on Nick’s arm. Nick struggles and thrashes around making it difficult for Liam to hold him properly. “Don’t make this harder for you. The more you anger me, the more you’ll suffer.”

Nick screams out for helps and Liam shaking his head angrily, grabs Nick’s head and slams it on the hood of his car. The body slumps unconsciously into his arms as Liam smiles. “There, much quieter now, aren’t we?” He whispers as he drags the large body into the house.

He hears a giggle as Kindel greets him at the doorway, “Oh, is he food?” She whispers in delight.

Liam gazes at her darkly, “No! I suggest you leave him alone. He’s here to give us some answers. And if he doesn’t cooperate with us, then I’ll you feast on him.”

Kindle smiles widely, “Oh you would do that for me? That’s so sweet pumpkin. Here let me help out.” She bends down and grabs one of Nick’s arms, pulling the man into the living room with Liam pulling on the other arm.

Baal smiles and pokes Hades on his side, “Get the rope, hurry. We have company.” As he pulls out a rickety wooden chair and places it in the center of the living room.

Kindel giggles and lets go of Nick’s arm, rushing down the hallway to awake Nairobi from her slumber. Liam turns his head to the sound of Kindel’s heels pounding down the hall. With Baal’s help, he stands the unconscious man in their grasps. Hades comes up to the living room with a thick rope in his hands as he smiles broadly.

“Liam, are you sure he’s one of them?” Baal whispers curiously. “I mean is he one of the Crimson people?”

Liam nods his head, “Yes, look. He has the marking of them.” As he states this, he rips Nick’s sleeve to reveal the tattoo of a black cross.

“Hmmm…. Wonder why Demetrius was drawn to this kid. He isn’t anything special.” Hades states as he enters the living room untying a large rope.

“Oh but he is. He’s a direct lineage to my family. Can’t you smell it? He possesses the same blood that flows through my body.” Liam whispers.

“So wouldn’t that make him…” Baal states but Liam cuts him off.

“Shhh… let’s not jump to conclusions. When he wakes, if he supplies us with the data we need, he’ll live. If not, I guess his blood should be our dinner.” Liam whispers as the others chuckle in glee awaiting for the strange man to awake before them.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Wanted Alive by Jamelet
A/N: Hello everyone, I’m back to update. Please leave a review, it helps puts a smile on my face and lets me know that people are interested in this story! Thanks and take care.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Wanted Alive~**

Her heels echo in the hallway as she enters the silver room where the ‘guest’ was being kept. The dark mahogany door slowly creaks open, allowing Nairobi to enter the small room. She smiles, gazing at the young man tied to the chair still unconscious. She brushes a dark curl behind her ear as she makes her way towards the young man.

Liam smiles and nods his head, “Can you tell?”

“Very. The smell is undeniable. He belongs to your lineage. How is that possible though?” Nairobi whispers into his ears as she ruffles her caramel fingers through Liam’s blonde strands.

“Who knows? But it occurred and he’s part of the Crimson Society.” Liam whispers softly, smiling as Nairobi traces her pointer finger down his pale cheek.

“So do you think we can get anything out of him?” She purrs into his ear.

Liam smirks, “We’ll see. He’s life is on the line after all, so I’m sure he’s willing to offer up something to us.”

“Demetrius is scared you know?” Nairobi whispers, fiddling with the tight knot on the rope that restrained Nick’s arms.

Liam smiles, “Of course, why wouldn’t he? He knows without his small group, he’s inferior to me.”

Nairobi giggles and kneels down to gaze at Nick’s sleeping face. “When will the PDT be placed into the water systems?”

Liam chuckles and claps his hands, “It’s already in, in fact since last night, Hades and Kindel took the honor of depositing the drug within Florida’s water ways. I find it kept fascinating, everything is going as planned.”

“Demetrius will be surprised alright when he realizes it’s too late.” Nairobi whispers softly, trailing her fingers seductively across her red colored lips.

“Well it’s a simple hallucination drug, the water carriers will simply drink the medication and later the seeds that Baal will deposit in the water will be carried in the human vessels.” Liam whispers, his grey eyes lighting in pure amazement at the plan.

“Quite a plan, so I assume once the seeds grow, they will control the body and slowly transform it.” Nairobi whispers, rubbing her hands across Liam’s broad chest.

“You know it.” Liam states, watching the unconscious man slump in the chair before him.

The door creaks open and Kindel enters, a smile plastered across her face. “Did I come too late?” Kindel asks, entering the bright room. Her flaming red locks lie straight above her shoulders as she fingers the tip of the sharp blade in her hands.

“Not at all. Where’s Orion?” Nairobi whispers glancing around the vacant room, no furniture was in place except the chair that held their guest. Only one large window stood facing the direction of the chair, so the victim can see into the garden where Orion was preparing a large wooden pole for some poor soul.

“Outside. What’s Orion doing?” Kindel asks, her bright emerald eyes watching him in interest.

“In case, our guest feels the need to hide any info, he’ll see before him, someone burned alive.” Liam whispers, a smile crawling onto his face.

Baal enters the bright silver paneled room with a smile on his face, “You know, Hades got a guy ready to get burned if this kid doesn’t want to talk.” His large cinnamon hands grips a thick hammer, its silver head gleaming in the light. The bright light above them in the room, gleam down on Baal’s red tipped black colored solider cut hair. He makes his way over to the young man, “Hey it’s time to get up. Wake up, you have people here to see you.”

Nick’s eyes flitted before he slowly opens his eyes. He squints at the bright silver color permeating into his sensitive eyes. He tries moving but noted he’s tied to a chair. A shock expression crosses his face as he looks at the strangers before him.

“Well welcome back. You’ve been missed.” Kindel whispers erotically to Nick. Nick scans the room and shakes his head, he had no idea what was going on.

“Let me tell you a little about my self.” Liam whispers approaching Nick. Squatting in front of Nick, Liam goes into the story about his history and what is happening. “So you see, you along with your friends, are being forced to fight against something that you know you can’t win. My plan is already succeeding. Right now, I assume hundreds if not thousands of innocent souls are engaging themselves to drinking the ‘clean’ water. What they don’t realize is they are just my pawns, there to do their job. So you see Nick, everyone who lives within the state boundaries are in danger of this, meaning: your family could get hurt if you don’t cooperate with us. So now, tell me Nick, what do you know about this Crimson Society that you’re involved in?”

Nick clears his throat as his heart bangs against his chest. Licking his lips nervously, he gazes at the three people within the room. “I, I don’t know what’s happening! All I know is that Demetrius took me and my friends in to help him out. He never really told us our purpose. I’m just as confused and lost about any plan as anyone else.” He feels the cold chills race down his spine as four pairs of eyes bore into him.

Suddenly Kindel smirks and races towards Nick, placing a blade inches away from Nick’s throat. “Care to rephrase that answer.” The red flamed woman barks out, her light eyes cutting into Nick’s flesh.

Nick swallows hard as his heart seemed to have stopped beating for that one second. “Pl, please. Oh God! Don’t kill me!” Nick yells softly as he feels the cold metal touch his warm throat. His eyes snap towards the ceiling as he whispers a silent prayer.

Kindel grabs his hair and roughly snaps his face to look into hers, her fangs glowing in the morning light, “You won’t die, if you help us. Now what do you know.” She growls, her slender pale fingers trial over his quivering throat.

Nick closes his eyes and stiffening up, he chokes out, “That’s all I know! Demetrius is out to get you, and me and my friends are to go after you.” Nick whispers out, his eyes feeling the stinging of tears welling up.

“Well you’re here. Why don’t you try to kill us now?” Kindel growls into his ears as she straddles onto Nick’s lap.

Nick shakes, the sudden goose bumps striking out on his skin. “Please, you know that’s unfair. I can’t fight you. I, I wouldn’t know what to do.” He stutters out in fright.

Giggling, Nairobi walks towards Nick and runs her hands down his frightened face, “He makes a good liar. Liam, show him what liars get.”

As on cue, Liam nods and points towards Orion outside who faces him, giving him a thumbs up. They watch as Hades and Orion drags a struggling young man who’s innocent to all this, and tie him up to the ready stake. Nick gulps: his throat goes dry as he opens his eyes wide, “Please, no! Don’t hurt the man!”

“Why, do you know him?” Liam whispers, his eyes gazing angrily at Nick.

Nick shakes his head, “N, no. But please, he’s innocent.”

“Well speak up and tell us what we need to know, or what will happen to that man, will occur to you!” Liam states, pointing to Orion. Hades ties the poor innocent man to the stake as Orion carrying a burning torch, tosses it on the man. The room was filled with painstaking horrid screams, as the man burns alive before them. The sickening burning flesh order dwells in the air and seeps through the open window in the room. Nick watches all this pure terror as he screams out, the fear overtaking him.

“Think he’ll talk more now?” Nairobi giggles as she leans on Liam’s shoulder.

“I’m sure he will. He knows the stakes he’ll be face.” Liam grumbles, his fangs emerging from his mouth. And with that, they gather around Nick and wait to see if he can supply them with any data that can help them prepare for Demetrius ploys. Maybe they changed Nick’s mind.
~*~

Nemesis sighs and leans back on the leather chair gazing at the computer screen. “Where are you little map? I know I placed you in the memory file.” She whispers, her light eyes staring at the screen. She turns to Damaris who is leaning on the edge of the computer desk besides her, waiting for results.

“The guys are freaked about all this, you know. The fact that they somewhat share the same blood and lineage as Liam and Demetrius.” Damaris drops her voice as she eyes her friend.

“Well wouldn’t you? I wouldn’t be thrilled to be connected to the living dead myself.” Nemesis says slowly, leaning back on her chair as she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

“Yeah, but I don’t know if they’re willing to stand up to fight. They’re in the kitchen eating lunch now and the silence is so deafening. They’re not talking, it’s so creepy.” Damaris whispers, her light brown orbs scanning the screen as the computer loads a map of the small community of Miami.

“Ok, let’s see. What do we have here?” Nemesis mutters as she leans near the screen, clicking on a water port picture at the end of the south border. Nemesis narrows her eyes and shakes her head, “No, no this can’t be right.” She mumbles, staring at the screen confused.

Damaris stares at the screen and shakes her head, “Zoom in on the water port.”

Nemesis clicks on the black mouse as the screen enlarges the water port. “What are those red dots on the port? There seems to be a lot of them.”

Nemesis, scratches the top of her honeysuckle locks nervously, “Umm, that doesn’t look right. The dots are representing something within the water. But I don’t know what it is.”

“They couldn’t have dumped the poison in the water yet right? Didn’t they need to wait for the right temperature and the water pressure is low at the moment.” Damaris gulps, fearing her worst nightmare is coming true.

“No, nope, by the looks of it, whatever is in the water is spreading at a rapid rate.” Nemesis mumbles, suddenly feeling the air trapped in her throat.

“Oh God no! We have to tell Cabal now! We have to head out and talk with the safety inspectors and such. The faster people know about this, the better we can save some lives.” Damaris whispers.

Nemesis nods her head and both women race out the room and down the hallway. They run down the stairwell at the end of the hallway and land enter the living room. As they were inches away from reaching the swinging kitchen door, they hear the worst sound they dreaded, the sound of water running out of a sink.

Both women gaze at each other and hoped they weren’t too late to warn the guys.
~*~

Howie turns out the faucet, letting the clear water crash into the glass cup he’s holding. Sighing, Howie scans his eyes around the kitchen.

“I’m not in the mood for eating.” A.J. whispers, pushing away a plate of sandwich. He seemed to have broken the silence that they all were feeling since after Nemesis completed the story. They were all to be heroes and stop the ones responsible for trying to endanger the many lives of the community.

“Are you sure? You’re saying no to food.” Brian manages a smile as he grabs the plate and places it on the counter.

A.J. shrugs and stares out the kitchen window as the afternoon sun light beams down brightly, its shining golden glow beaming through the windows. “I’m just not hungry ok!” He whispers, annoyed. The shades on his eyes hiding his true feelings he was experiencing.

“Ok, fine. I’m sorry.” Brian whispers gently, his voice dropping away.

“I don’t know what to feel right now.” Kevin finally speaks up. His eyes were clouded with mixed emotions. He was confused, worried and scared. He couldn’t understand the concept of being some how connected to the whole society thing.

Howie turns off the faucet and joins on the guys, pulling up a chair. He places the glass cup full of water on the wooden table and takes a deep sigh. A trial of water slides down the side of the cup, splashing the table top.

Kevin held a worried look, “After what Nemesis said, you think its ok to drink water like that?”

Howie shrugs his shoulders, “There’s nothing else to drink in this place, unless you want the red container that’s full of God knows what in the fridge.”
Brian shudders, “Egh, you don’t think that’s blood right?”

A.J. snorts, “Probably, if these guys are so focus on passing as vampires.”

“You don’t think this is real right? You think the whole society vampire thing is just a joke?” Kevin whispers.

“Why not? They need something to make themselves feel good.” A.J. whispers, picking off an imaginary lint off the sleeve of his black top.

“Who knows?” Howie whispers, lifting up the cold glass to his mouth.

Suddenly the kitchen door swings open as Nemesis and Damaris burst in yelling about something of don’t drink the water.

Damaris swipes the glass cup away from Howie’s mouth just as it was reaching his lips. The glass cup shatters as it hits the linoleum black floor, splashing the water out.

“Damn girl. Chill out!” A.J. jumps from his seat, startled like the other three.

Nemesis takes a deep breath, “Howie did you take a sip of the water?”

Howie shakes his head and touches his lips softly, “No, but that was my only drink man. Why are you guys freaking out?”

“Nemesis found some maps that marked the poison is thrown in the water system already. It’s traveling in the pipes and we think we could get infected if we drink it.” Nemesis whispers, almost out of breath as a relief washes over her body.

“Poison? You mean the drugs right?” Brian whispers.

“That and the deadly seeds ready to be implanted within people’s body.” Damaris whispers, the horrid expressions of the guys leaping on their faces.

“Oh man, that’s sucks. I took a sip of that this morning by accident when I was brushing my teeth.” Brian whispers as the girls stare in shock at the new revelations.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Powers Detected by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Powers Detected~**

Nick slowly opens his eyes and scrolls his eyes around the small room he managed to have escaped to. It was almost pitch black with a silver of light creeping its way into what seems like a tiny window pane placed in the corner of the room. He tries to sit up and feels the burning electric pain zooming down his spine. Wincing in agony, he slowly keeps his back on the wooden floor he’s lying on. His memory caught bits and pieces of what had occurred only a few minutes ago. He recalls he was sitting tied to the chair as the three that where in the room gather around him to punish him severely for not giving any valuable data to them. Nick gulps as he remembers the sheer joy the three vampires had, poking and prodding him with their knives and blades, cutting into his arms, abdomen and legs. Nick gasps in pain as his eyes scroll the deserted room he found away from where he was beaten. He had managed to climb a couple of stairwells and turn many corners in a hallway before he lost sight of the three raging vampires. He recalled finding the room he’s in now before he collapsed from pure exhaustion to escape the others. Breathing raggedly, he sees a large sticky puddle of his blood gather around him as he tries to find where his cell phone is at. He had to contact his friends, he was in too much pain and bleeding profusely, for him to leave Liam’s mansion or let alone find his way out. He could hear the running footsteps pass by the closed room as their angry shouts lash out against the stranger. Nick smiles, thinking how he managed to defend himself so well. He was ever so grateful that Damaris had taught him some moves and if he made it out the Dark Falls mansion alive, he would have to thank her.

He slowly takes a deep breath as each breath becomes harder to inhale. His head was pounding and his vision clouded with pain. He didn’t want to die, not like this anyway. He had so much to live for, at least that was what Kevin had always told him. Nick gulps and determined to get out of here alive, rolls onto his stomach and slowly crawls on the floor. He bangs into something hard as an item topples off striking him on the wounded arm. Taking a deep breath, he covers his mouth fearing he might scream and alert the vampires of his finding.

He blindly grabs the item that fell on his arm and smiles, the familiar sound of a dial tone greeted him. He was gonna get out of here after all, talk about luck. He pounds the number of one of the guys cell, hoping that someone will pick up and sure enough, it did. He could here A.J’s voice on the phone line and laughing softly, Nick whispers back to him only to find that it was the answering machine he was conversing with. “NO! No! A.J! Pick up!! I’m in pain, God, they wanna kill me, I’m bleeding, help me…” Nick whispers before passing out again.
~*~

Nemesis smirks and shakes her head, checking Brian’s temperature again with a thermometer. “This is weird man. You’re health is just fine, it looks like the drug never reached you or something. I’m sure it’s in the water already, but why aren’t you infected in any way?” She whispers to herself, scratching the side of her honey suckle locks in confusion.

Brian shrugs his shoulders as he adjusted his position on the chair, “So I’m ok then right?”

Nemesis nods her head, “Strangely yes. All vital signs are well, there isn’t anything wrong with you. No drug in your system.” She whispers out confused, not understanding how he could have avoided the damage of the drugs. “Well you’re free to go. But Brian, if you feel weird at any point today, let me know. Though I’d doubt it, cause the PCP never entered your body from the blood exam I did. Weird, really weird though.” She mumbles quietly to herself as Brian gathers his belongings and exits the small examination room that the mansion had. Stepping out the room, he closes the door behind him and smiles. Of course everything was fine with Brian, what Nemesis didn’t know was he was hiding a secret from her and the others and they won’t find out until it’s too late. Brian nervously brushes his hair with his hands and walks down the hallway, slipping into his room to get prepared to meet Cabal and Demetrius later this evening.

Kevin’s knuckles rasps on the door of the white examination room, curious to see if Nemesis found anything wrong with Brian. Nemesis quickly opens the door with fear etched on her face, thinking it was Brian who started to fall ill. She looks up at the emerald eyes and lets out a deep breath. “I thought for a moment, you were Brian and was starting to feel ill.”

“Well you saw him, how is he?” Kevin whispers, thinking the others could hear him.

Nemesis shrugs her broad shoulders as her locks tumble down it, “He’s good. Nothing wrong with him. There’s no drugs in his body.”

Kevin closes the door and shakes his head, “I know you already explained to all of us about the drugs and plans of the Dark Falls Society but what if there’s something more to the whole plot that even you don’t know?”

Nemesis nods her head, “Probably, who knows. My concern is that friend of yours that got stolen. If Liam wants to, he could have already killed Nick.”

“Don’t say that! He wouldn’t! Doesn’t he need Nick?!” Kevin growls at the idea that a stranger would want to lie his hands on any of his friends.

“Maybe or maybe not.” Nemesis whispers, tapping the glass tube that held a bit of Brian’s blood with her finger.

“What is Demetrius plans for us?” Kevin exclaims, trying to gain control of his voice.

“You’ll be like us, tonight we’ll show you how to hunt and collect bags of blood. Demetrius feels it’s important to collect enough blood for tomorrow cause Liam will wage war and blood is needed to keep him along with Cabal alive enough to destroy them.” Nemesis states quietly, placing the one tube of fresh blood into a cold white ice box facing him.

“Can’t we just go there and get Nick?” Kevin pleads with the woman before him.

“We tried that before, Demetrius lost his army and his life was in endangered, he’s lucky to still be alive himself. They’re too strong. Stronger than you think and our lives on Liam’s bloody hands won’t save the community any faster.” Nemesis whispers quietly, raising her light eyebrows and brushing pass Kevin to exit the room.

Kevin shakes his head and follows the woman out the room as his thoughts wonder over about Nick’s safety.
~*~

A.J. gasps as he tries to wash away the blood stains with the water. He rubs his hands on the fresh blood drops that stain the porcelain sink in front of him. He had ran in the bathroom only three minutes before, when his nose begins to bleed for no apparent reason. He never had any allergies nor did he fell ill for his nose to suddenly start bleeding, so it startled him to see his own dark crimson blood stain the shiny sink. He feels his stomach churn as the metallic smell of his own blood made him ill. He fights off the gagging as he continues washing away the bloody mess on the sink. He jumps at the knocking of the door and stands still staring at the closed door beside him.

Again the sound of the door knocking starts again as Howie’s voice asks quietly, “Hey, J are you ok? Did your nose stop bleeding?”

A.J. lets out a sigh as he wipes away the dry blood stains that was on his nostrils and scattered above his top lip. “Yeah, I’m ok man.” He responds back and he grabs the copper knob, opening the bathroom door in time to see Howie look at him concerned.

“Just making sure. First Nick’s missing, then Brian getting checked up and now you suddenly bleeding, I’m thinking something ain’t it right here?” Howie whispers, glancing down both sides of the long elaborate hallways to check if the coast was clear.

“Yeah, listen, let me finish cleaning up here and meet me in my room k?” A.J. drops his voice, suddenly feeling as if someone was intruding his thoughts.

Howie nods and flees down the hallway to his left, disappearing down one of the corners.

A.J. closes the bathroom door again and sighs. Leaning on it, he knew something is wrong, he could feel it. His body was acting up, he felt more alive than ever and the idea of stealing blood, stirred his stomach in glee, yet the smell of his own blood made him gag. he didn’t understand what’s going on and couldn’t deduce what could be wrong himself. He looks in the mirror and rubs his finger under his nose to make sure his bleeding stopped. Feeling confident that the injury to his nose left, he opens the bathroom door and creeps down the hallway to find Howie. They have to get out of here. Things weren’t making any sense and haven’t since the beginning. Maybe after he talked with Howie, he can catch a nap to replenish him “Yeah a nap sounds good.” He whispers to himself as he makes his way to his room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Primary Blood by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Primary blood~**

Nick slowly opens his eyes as the weak throbbing pain on his abdomen reminds him of what he’s enduring. He struggles to take a breath as the puddle of his own blood begins to dry up, the metallic odor lingering in the dark room. He was surprised he still alive and not found yet. “Guess they forgot to check this room.” He whispers to himself, rolling onto his back as he desperately tries to sit up. After that feat, he uses his strength and stands up, still feeling a bit weary and dizzy. Nick walks over to the little golden light that seeped through the only dusty window pane located in the corner of the pitch dark room. He yanks off his jacket and ties it tightly over his wounded stomach where most of the blood was seeping through and stands in front of the dirty window. He reaches out using his right hand, dusts off a streak of dirt that had accumulated on the window. With his other hand, he clutches his stomach. He knew if he was to get out of this place, he needed to jump out of the window, for walking out the room was not the option. He waits to hear if anyone is walking down a hallway. After hearing only silence for the next few minutes he decided he has to jump now before its too late. Raising his foot, he slams it into the window, hoping he could fit through and escape. Clearing the glass shards away, he pokes his head out to see how far up he was. He about three stories up and a small roof top was right below him. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes praying he doesn’t get noticed. Finally after debating whether it would be the right thing to jump to his maybe possible death, he leaps out the window. He wanted to scream but lucky for him, the air was caught in his throat as his wounded body slams on the lower shale roof below him. Cringing in pain, he lands on his knees, already throbbing with pain. He peers over the roof and sighs, only a mere few feet away from the ground. He blows out a puff of air and painfully leaps off the roof to the grassy ground.

Nick is met with a thud as his arms and weak legs break his fall. Nick gasps in pain and stands up, wavering a bit, glancing around the Dark fall mansion. No one was in sight and Nick feels a smile creep upon his face, “Man I must be lucky.” He whispers, limping away from the mansion and running towards the street. Maybe someone will recognize him and take him back to the hotel. Then he dropped that idea, knowing the other guys are with the Crimson society, not in their hotel. “Damn, how did all this mess happen?” Nick grumbles, as he glances down at his blood streaked clothes.

He hails a passing car and begs the driver to please drop him off two blocks away from where the Crimson Society mansion is located. He couldn’t tell the driver about where he was heading to.

“Oh God man, I’ll drop you off at a hospital. Jeez, so much blood! I can’t believe you’re still standing!” The driver states frightened, his eyes wide open, taking in the disheveled sight of Nick. “Here, here, hurry, get in. I gotta take you to the hospital!” The man cries out as he leans over the seat across him and swings open the passenger side door.

Nick drops into the seat and winces in pain as the wounds on his stomach shoot up in pain.

“It’s gonna be alright kid, the hospital is only five miles down this road.” The driver states, steering his car pass the horrid hotel.

“What happened to you kid? If you don’t mind me asking.” The driver asks, keeping his dark eyes on the road.

“Long story. But please no hospital, just take me to where I told ya. I’m not that hurt, really it isn’t that bad.” Nick whispers, staring at his heavily bloodied green shirt.

The driver snorts but doesn’t say anything as he drives down the highway. “Whatever you say man.” And he listens to Nick’s direction to where to head off to.

After forty five minutes of driving quietly, the man pulls up on the curb and sighs. “K, well, here you are Kid. Hope you’re ok and if you did anything illegal, I feel sorry for you.”

Nick rolls his eyes and carefully steps out the car, “Thanks.” He whispers as the driver stares at him strangely before pulling away and disappearing down the street.

Nick sighs and runs his dried bloody fingers in his hair. “Man the guys are gonna freak out when they see me.” He pounds on the front door of the Crimson Society.
~*~

Howie sighs as A.J. sits down besides him in the room. Howie gazes over to the small red light blinking, A.J.’s cell, lying on a desk top. “J. You got a new message in the phone.” Howie points as A.J. saunters over to listen to the message. The phone beeps and connects him to voicemail as A.J. raises the volume. He hears the message that stopped his heart.

Howie raises his eyebrows as A.J. plays the message again, placing his cell on Howie’s left ear.

“NO! No! A.J! Pick up!! I’m in pain, God, they wanna kill me, I’m bleeding, help me…” Nick’s voice fades away as the phone responds that is the last message gotten at 8:15 am.

Howie’s mouth drops open as his warm eyes fill with horror. A.J. clutches the edge of the dresser and takes a deep breath.

A.J. gulps and turns to look at Howie, “D! Oh God! He’s dead!”

Howie shakes his head, “NO! He can’t be! That isn’t how the plan is. Nick can’t be dead.” He whispers to himself, clutching the cross necklace on his neck.

A.J. shakes his head and grabs onto the edge of the desktop before his knees give up and quiver.

Brian and Kevin alarmed with the screaming coming A.J.’s room, burst through the door along with Damaris and Nemesis.

“What is it?” Kevin asks quietly, inching his way towards his shaking friend.

“It’s, it’s Nick!” A.J. gulps before continuing, “He left a message. Kev! He’s dying!”

Kevin stands still, frozen in his actions, “Wh, what? Let me hear it.”

A.J. pushes the button again for Kevin and the others to hear the frightening message again.

Silence consumed the air as everyone held their breath. The only thing heard was Brian’s whispers, “Please God no.”

Damaris shakes her head, her dark brown hair lying peacefully on her shoulders, “I’m so sorry guys. I wish I could have done something.”

Brian raises his head, staring at Nemesis, “Please tell me that by some miracle, Nick isn’t dying. That he isn’t lying dead somewhere with those sick people, taking his life away.”

Nemesis drops her head, her blonde locks sag against her shoulders, “I don’t know what to say Brian. But if they have him and with that message that Nick left, then sadly, I’m sorry to say that its over.”

Kevin sniffs and roughly wipes away a stray tear that rolled down his face, “I won’t believe that till I see his corpse before me. Until then Nick is still alive to me.” And he pushes pass Nemesis, his bright eyes sneering at her.

Damaris sighs and leans on the threshold as the sadness enveloped the group. Her ears perk up at the sound of the doorbell coming from the front door. “Shhh. Guys. Someone is at the door. Quiet!” Damaris whispers harshly, immediately quieting everyone in the room.

Damaris followed with everyone else, creeps down the hallway and stairwells, finally reaching the front door. Swinging it open, everyone gasps as Nick stumbles into the house, his clothes stain in dark crimson blood.

“Oh God Nick! You’re drenched in blood! Why aren’t you in the hospital for this?” Kevin cries out, as he along with the other three members of the group embrace and gently places the wounded Nick on to a sofa. The bright golden morning sun gleams down in the room as everyone gasps and surrounds Nick with a worried expression on their faces.

Nick lying on his back on the sofa, smiles at Kevin, “I’m ok now. It’s weird, I don’t hurt anymore.” Nick whispers as he tugs on his shirt and jacket and throwing the articles of bloodied clothes onto the carpet. Nemesis and Damaris raise their eyebrows, approaching Nick.

“Did you kill any of them? There’s so much blood on you, I know its not from you, there’s no cuts on you.” Damaris whispers curiously, leaning near Nick, scanning his cut lip, the only wound on his body.

Nick raises his eyebrows, “What? Are you kidding me? I’m cut all over, Liam and his crew, tried slicing me with their knives and junk. Can’t you see the big puncture on my stomach?” Nick asks, tracing his hands over his stomach. Nick in shock, sits up immediately stun that there was no wound on his stomach. No cuts found anywhere on his legs and arms and he gazes up at the group in confusion. “You guys, I was just spilling my guts all over the place not more than forty five minutes ago! I mean what the hell happen to me? It’s like I was healed or something.” Nick passes his hands over his arms and covered legs, no longer feeling any pain in his body. “Oh God! I’m dead, ain’t I? No!” He shrieks out, placing his dried bloodied hands over his blonde spikes.

“No, you’re not dead. Listen to me Nick, did you drink any water today?” Damaris asks.

Nick shakes his head, “Are you crazy? What the hell are you talking about?”

“He doesn’t know the story, leave him alone. I doubt he drank anything since he was kidnapped.” Howie whispers, throwing his arms around Nick who was shaking violently.

“What about the water?” Nick insisted, his eyes following Damaris and Nemesis.

“Nothing. Well tell you later, it’s a long story, just get cleaned and met us down here shortly. It’s already evening and Cabal and Demetrius will be up to met you all.” Nemesis whispers disappearing into the shadows.

Nick raises his eyebrows as A.J. shrugs, “Their some weird chicks, guys.”

Brian snorts, “Yeah, but they know what their talking about.”

“So, now, can ya tell me about the whole water issue or should I just be informed of it later on my own.” Nick asks annoyed.

Kevin sighs and sits besides Nick, “We’ll tell ya, but go get ready first. The smell of blood on you is making me nauseous.” He chuckles, cringing his nose.

Nick smiles as Howie helps his friend off the couch. “Come on Nick, the faster you wash off that blood of yours, you gotta let us know what happened to ya.”

Nick rolls his eyes as Brian and Howie help Nick to the closest bathroom, disappearing down a corner into the shadows of the living room.

A.J. smirks and eyes Kevin, “You know its interesting. Nick doesn’t know, does he?”

Kevin smirks, “I’m he did, if not, it’ll only be a matter of time until he knows.”

At that, both men chuckle quietly waiting for the others to join them.
~*~

The large mass of bodies rushes out the train cars as everyone races to get to their destination. Nairobi and Orion step off the last step heading into the subway as people push pass them, exiting the subway station. Nairobi inhales the fresh scents of warm bloodied mammals pushing pass her.

Her dark eyes gaze at the nearly vacant subway station as she walks towards the center of the large platform. Orion follows her and smiles, “Honey what is it?”

“That sound, the music. Where is it coming from?” Nairobi whispers, gazing around the dim lighted platform. It seemed the station was cleared out, only her and Orion remain on platform.

Orion gently places his dark chocolate hands on her right shoulder, following her gaze. He smiles when he noted a poor middle age man sitting in the corner of the platform, playing an ever sweet sounding melody with his violin. Orion stops in front of the man, watching him play the instrument with such precision and accuracy, the soft notes flowing into the atmosphere. Orion smiles when he feels Nairobi’s hand on his arm. Glancing at her, he knew what he had to do. Before the musician knew what was occurring, he was lying dead, his blood splattered against the white and black tile wall behind him. Orion smiles as Nairobi giggles passionately. Gently wiping away a drop of blood that smeared Nairobi’s cheek.

“Quite the kill, if I should say so myself.” Nairobi whispers, tugging on Orion’s arm, taking him away from the dead victim.

Orion chuckles, stringing his finger over one of the violin strings that protruded from the musician’s mouth, “Yes, I wanted to be more creative, I see I succeeded!”

Nairobi smiles and pulls Orion away as they wait for the next train.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**
Eclipse by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Eclipse~**

Cabal scatters the piles of papers that accumulated on his desk top wearily. He lost a few hours of sleep and had decided that he should get some work done on trying to preside with Demetrius plans. Plus the fact that he heard the new workers make some noise which aroused him from his sweet slumber, woke him up. Curiously enough, Demetrius was still asleep, even with all the talking and laughing that their new employers made. He sits back in a cushioned seat, taking a breather from all the reading and researching. His ears perk up as he noted that all the laughing and talking had disappeared downstairs. He could rarely hear the shallow whispers coming from the living room downstairs, all he managed to pick up from the uncompleted sentences was ‘hurt’, ‘pain’, ‘missing’ and ‘water’.

At the last word, Cabal sits up as his throat goes dry. “Water? Oh man, what about it? No, Liam couldn’t have seeped the chemicals in the water already. Cause then that would mean this city in already infested.” The nagging feeling in his chest initiates his curiosity and he bolts out the chair and out the room, running down the hallway before running down the stairwell. Hopefully the water wasn’t drugged cause then chaos would only erupt from it.
~*~

A.J. nibbles on his fingernails and watches as Nick tries to figure out what just happened. “I swear you guys, this is my blood, I left a message on A.J.’s cell! I passed out from the lost of blood I had, come on guys! I don’t play jokes like this!” Nick exclaims, standing up with his arms flailing besides him.

Kevin slumps further in the couch besides A.J., running his hand down his face, “Can you believe this?”

A.J. smirks and glances at his friend, “The poor boy doesn’t know what’s happening. Maybe we should tell him later after the ladies leave.”

“Why not tell him now? I would love to see what deductions the women will have for that.” Kevin whispers softly, glancing over to see Brian and Howie failing in calming down Nick.

A.J. watches Nemesis telling Nick to be quiet and then goes into the whole plot of how he along with the three, Kevin, A.J. and Brian are connected through blood as the descendents of Liam and Demetrius.

At that statement Nick cries out a list of profanities pushing away Nemesis, yelling, “Stop lying! I can’t believe you came up with such a sick story to keep us here! I’m gonna make sure you go to jail for abducting me and the rest of the guys! It’s wrong, illegal! You can’t keep us here against our will!”
Damaris silently pleas with her friend Nemesis to say something that will calm the man down, but she too seemed taken a back and rather stunned.

“This is to be expected. Of course Nick, you’re right. If you want to leave you can.” Nemesis whispers nonchalantly, quickly quieting Nick down.

Everyone stares at Nemesis and takes in the new data.

Damaris glares at her partner and clutches her fist.

“Whoa, whoa wait, hold up! We can just walk out of here this whole time and you can’t do anything about it right?” Howie whispers.

Damaris rolls her light brown eyes and mutters out angrily, “Yeah.”

“Wait you said Cabal would come back for us anyway right?” Brian whispers, his sapphire orbs glaring at the two women.

Both women nod their heads and suddenly Damaris thought of an idea, nudging Nemesis, she stares at her friend’s eyes, knowing Nemesis was also thinking of a similar ploy.

“Yeah, but for the time being, you can go home and leave here until we need you for later. Training will begin again later on this evening and we’ll meet in the conference hall of this building.” Damaris smirks as she hears Nemesis stifling her own giggling.

Kevin raises an eyebrow and stands up, “Then we’re leaving and I hope you have a good lawyer, cause this will be some case.” He narrows his emerald orbs at both women.

Howie gulps and watches the two women silently standing there wondering why they were not putting up an argument or even fighting to keep the guys to remain.

“Great! Peace out!” A.J. grumbles, smiling cockily as the other four guys file out the house and down the front cemented pathway away from the beautifully furnished Crimson Society hotel. The door slams shut loudly, sending both women to jump in surprise.

Cabal who was listening to the sudden conversation, smiles and pushes off the threshold of the living room entry doorway. Clapping his hands, he seemed pleased with the men’s responses.

“I must commend you girls, this is turning out to be quite the day now isn’t it? Everything is falling into place, the plan is working out wonderfully.” Cabal chuckles, his dark eyes staring at Nemesis and Damaris with joy.

Damaris sighs and nods her head, “Yeah, but it’s hard. I mean did you hear what happened? Nick was stupid enough to get captured by Liam. They know who Nick is now and that’s our downside.”

“Ahh, yes well, we can’t expect our plan to go through smoothly, we’re messing with raw human feelings. I’m sure you know how that is.” Cabal whispers, feeling the piercing of the women’s glares cut into him.

Nemesis growls and all the anger she was willing inside of her finally has reached the boiling point. Cabal just like Demetrius, had taunted the girls for falling into their human emotions and letting their heart get in the way of their job. Damaris tenses her body knowing Nemesis was about to lash out from his remark. She watches as Nemesis lashes out and slams into Cabal before he knew what was going on. He falls squarely on his back and tries to pull Nemesis’s long legs off him, but she straddled him and placed her hands around his throat. Cabal yanks on her long locks hoping it brought pain across her face, but to no avail. Nemesis like Damaris, have been trained to handle intense pain from their enemies hits, so it didn’t surprise Cabal that Nemesis wouldn’t let go. He feels his body giving up strength as Nemesis’s hands grip more tightly cutting off the air into his lungs. His arms fall to his side listlessly as he gags. Nemesis in her raw anger pushed her hands into his neck, practically griping his windpipe.

“Nemesis! Nemesis. Stop! I think you killed him.” Damaris shakily whispers, her light brown eyes lit up in fear.

Nemesis smirks and jumps off the unconscious Cabal. “Don’t worry I didn’t kill him. I just wanted to see him suffer like we did. I’m tired of this, of taking his orders. Let’s get out of here, we don’t need to do this anymore. Just like the guys left, let’s go.”

Damaris gulps and shakes her head, “You forgot what Cabal planned on doing to the guys! They’re not going home! Cabal sent some vampires to stop them. He wants to see if the guys can defend themselves with the moves we showed them. If they survive, then they truly are the chosen ones. If not then we need to go back out and start the search again. I’m not gonna risk my neck escaping this place to get called back! You know how much that hurts when they call us!”

“Relax ‘maris. Fine, we’ll do it your way. But when I get the chance I’m gonna kill Demetrius along with his the rest of his crew.” Nemesis growls, cracking her knuckles as she fiddles with a small blade clipped on her belt.

“Girl I was this close to finishing Cabal up, let me kill him already!” Nemesis whines, batting her blue green orbs towards her friend’s direction.

Damaris sighs and tugs on her friend’s arm, “Forget him, let’s just go somewhere. Cause when he wakes up, there’s gonna be hell to pay.”

“I ain’t afraid him! Let Cabal get up. Go on, come Cabal, what are you waiting for?” Nemesis taunts the unconscious body, kicking the ribcage.

Cabal groans and shifts his position on the floor before opening his eyes. Both girls gulp as Cabal winces in pain and gingerly rub his sore injured throat. He glares at both women and rasps out, “You’ll die when I get my hands on you!” He growls, attempting to stand up.

Both women intake a deep breathe and run out the door and out of the hotel.

Cabal sneered, “Run. Go ahead run! Run as fast as you can. Cause you always come back!” And he slams the door, heading back to the room.
~*~

A.J. sighs as he pulls out an address book and tries dialing on his cell phone. “Nothing. I can’t get through. There’s no frequency around this area. I should have known better than to count on the cell.”

Brian slumps on the bar stool beside A.J., “Try again, we have to call our security and management. They must be freaking out looking for us. Plus we gotta figure out where we are. I don’t remember how we got to the Crimson Hotel.”

“Shhh, don’t say that too loud, we could be suspicious saying that around this neighborhood.” Howie whispers, dropping his voice as he gazes at the few customers eating an early supper in the small café they just entered a few minutes ago.

The soft yellow ceiling lights gleam down on them as they all settle down the bar stools align in beside the thick padded formica counter.

Kevin folds a napkin nervously and unfolds it, his mind distracted on something else.

“Did you hear Kevin?” Nick nudges the man besides him.

Kevin shakes his head, “What, no sorry. What was it?”

Howie sighs and folds the newspaper in his hands in half, sliding it across the bar counter towards Kevin’s direction. “Read page five. It states that over thirty people already have contracted some form of virus and have fallen ill. I think two people already died from the illness.”

Kevin bites his lower lip and gulps before opening the newspaper to its desired page. Kevin scans his eyes over the first article and drops down to see the title that caught his eye, reading out loud for the others to hear, all he can think about was their families.

-‘A Deadly Virus found loose in Florida’s water.’

Over more that thirty five people have been found to have caught a deadly virus roaming in the water system. Two men were found dead after drinking the hazardous liquid. The sudden plague in the water is a surprise that has inspectors baffled. No clue as to what exactly is in the water that is making people ill, but everyone is advised to filter their water thoroughly or to buy bottled water for their own safety. Be aware that safety water inspectors along with scientists are examining the water to locate the ideal problem and if anyone has any clues to what could be in the water, please call the water sanitarian team at 213-2820 as soon as possible.” Kevin finishes reading and places the newspaper on the counter. He hears the others take a deep breath.

“I’m gonna call the inspectors.” Howie whispers, “We know what’s wrong with it. The drugs must be in the water already.”

A.J. drums his fingers on the counter and gazes at Kevin, “What do you think? I don’t know if it’ll be wise for us to do that.”

“And why not?!” Brian shouts aggravated, jumping off the stool as he passes a small towel over his wet hair. The rain storm outside started pouring as they were traveling, catching them in surprise. They managed to have walked about a mile away from the Society’s hotel but stopped at the café as soon as the thunderous down pour began.

“How are we gonna prove to them that some virus is being implanted into the water system, they’ll have us arrested considering we know the facts so well!” Howie whispers, his tan hands fiddle with a spoon.

Brian narrows his eyes, “So that’s it? We can’t even help especially since our families are involved! What do you know? I’m calling! I’m not gonna wait till it’s too late and my wife or mother or brother gets sick cause ‘we’ decided not to give the vital info.” He seethes out, standing up from the stool and slides into a red cushioned booth in the back of the café.

Kevin sighs, “Howie’s right. Listen to him. I’m not feeling too well right now.” He winces slightly, rubbing his hand over his chest.

Nick gulps, “Oh dude, you feel sick? Then maybe we should go to a doctor.” He stutters nervously leaning over the elder Boy, placing his cool hands on Kevin’s sweaty forehead.

Kevin shakes his head, “Forget it, it’ll pass. I’ve been feeling this way for about two days, it’s not a big deal.”

“You’re health is our concern. If you’re feeling ill, then we need to listen to Nick and take your behind to a doctor.” A.J. whispers seriously, his dark eyes shrouded with concern.

Kevin smiles, “I’ll be fine guys, not to worry ok. I promise if you think later on I’m acting weird or too ill, then I’ll gladly give you permission to whisk me off to a hospital.”

A.J. and Nick nod their heads, “Ok we’ll hold ya to the promise Kev.” A.J. states, pointing his finger to the older man. They smile just as a middle age woman in a stained plaid shirt and black pants appears behind the counter.

“Well boys, you ready to order?” The woman asks, snapping her pink gum loudly.

A.J. shakes his head, “Not yet. I don’t think we’re much for eating today, but thanks anyway.”

The woman snorts and rolls her eyes as she pulls out a pad of paper, “Fine but you can’t stay here if you ain’t ordering anything. Read the sign, no loitering.” The woman states annoyed, pointing her thin fingers over to the regulations of the café.

Kevin clears his throat and looks up at the waitress, “I’ll take something.”

“Great!” The woman states happily, her attitude changed immediately as she pulls out a pen to jot down his order.

“Uhhh, well, just a small coffee, two packs of sugar and no milk.” Kevin replies as the woman scratches the back of her dyed black locks gently, her grey roots showing clearly.

“That’s it?” The woman piped.

“Yeah for now that is.” Kevin whispers.

The woman rolls her eyes and whisks away grumbling about celebrities always being cheap.

“What’s her problem?” A.J. asks, beating his fist on the counter softly.

“Us.” Howie states, finishing up his plate full of noodles.

“Figured.” Nick grumbles, walking over to where Brian is sitting at. “Yo B, are you alright man?” He asks, sliding across from his friend in a booth.

Brian yawns as he watches the bright evening sun gleam beautifully. Shrugging his shoulders, he needed to tell Nick that Kevin wasn’t the only one feeling a bit ill today, but instead avoided it and sarcastically responds, “Yeah, just dandy. Peachy if I should say so myself.”

Nick narrows his eyes, feeling the anger from Brian’s tone, “What’s wrong Brian seriously? Are you worried about the news, all this stuff that’s happening?”

“Everything and much more Nick.” Brian murmurs, staring into his bowl of soup.

“Are you gonna eat that? Or waiting for it to talk back to you?” Nick asks softly.

Brian cracked a smile and pushes the bowl towards his friend, “Na, lost my appetite if you know what I mean.”

“I hear you, but I could never blame the food for my issues.” Nick states, staring strangely at the red soup.

“Eww, what is this?” Nick asks, sniffing the soup, dipping a metal soup into the red liquid.

“Tomato soup. I used to eat that when I was young, thought it could it relax me like it did back then. But I guess I grew up for that formula to work.” Brian states, his azure eyes focused out the large window besides him. The storm passed and now the bright sun returns in the sky clearing up the dark clouds that are passing by.

“Yuck, tomato soup? Dude this stuff stinks, never did like those red things. But whatever, I’m passing on this one. I’ll order something edible.” Nick smirks, catching Brian’s smile.

“Fine by me.” Brian whispers, leaning back on the red cushioned booth. He gazes at the window and blows out of puff of air, “This is some crazy weather we’re having today.”

Nick looks up from the dreaded red soup and peers at Brian. Curiosity getting the best out of him, he decided to join Brian and look out the window with him.

Nick pushes away the bowl in disgust and stands up, to sit next to Brian, “I wanna know what the heck are you looking at outside that has you interested.”

Brian smiles and points out, “Check that out. There’s about to be a solar Eclipse. I heard you shouldn’t look at it.”

Nick snorts, “Why, ‘faid you go blind?”

Brian shrugs, “Maybe. Who knows.”

Both men watch the path of the silver disc of the moon cover the beaming sunlight, swallowing the golden glory in its arrival. The sun rays gleam behind the dark moon, as sudden darkness creeps into the sky.

“Wow, look at that. Creepy and beautiful at the same time.” Nick whispers entranced by the dark moon surrounded in a golden beam.

“Yeah.” Brian whispers as they stare into the sky.

A.J. poked Howie on the side and both men watch the sudden Eclipse wash over them as Kevin grips his chest tightly.

A.J. noted this and runs over to Kevin, “Alright, the deal is on, I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“No, it’s not that. Someone is coming for us. I feel a change happening to me. But I’m ok.” Kevin whispers shallowly, his flesh paled as he nervously rakes his hand over his spiked raven hair.

Howie glances at Kevin in worry, “Someone’s coming?”

Kevin simply nods his head as he pushes aside the cup of coffee and hurries over to Brian and Nick. “Guys, we’re leaving now.”

“What? Why? Kevin, are you ok?” Brian asks curiously.

Kevin shakes his head and points to the exit, “Somewhat, let’s just go.”

Nick and Brian worriedly glance at each other as they get up and throw some money in a wad on the table before heading out.

Howie and A.J. confused, nervously watch Kevin as he calls them to leave and head out. Just as the five were about to exit the door, they halted and were pushed back into the café by a large group of ten people, all dressed in black and each holding a deadly arsenal in their hands.

Kevin gulps and backs away, as the other four fearfully do the same. The restaurant owner comes out and yells out that he’ll call the police on them.

One of the men, dressed in a black shirt and black cargo pants with a leather trench coat, stands in the front of the large group and reveals his fangs. Raising his pistol, he seethes out, “You will do no such thing. How about you step away from the alarm and phone and come join these fine gentlemen here.” The man seethes pointing to the five guys.

Kevin could hear Nick’s breathing increase as Brian places a shaking hand on his cousin’s shoulder.

Kevin gulps and closes his eyes, hoping that today he might be able to stay alive.
The man in the middle seethes out angrily, “You belong to Liam, don’t you?” The head vampire states: towering over Kevin as he smirks, the sharp fangs protruding out of his mouth.

Kevin and Nick gulp and begin to shake their heads when the head vampire spoke again, “Enough! I can smell it. You guys are here to stop us! What a laugh? Can you really stop us? Try it.” The man states, his pale slender fingers wrap around the trigger of the pistol in his hands.

A.J. stands there watching earnestly, “What’s your problem?” He hears the few customers screaming out quietly in fear as some of the vampires in the group point their pistols towards them. A.J. hears the manager and the waitress join them in the circle as the vampires surround them taunting them.

Brian closes his eyes and gasp, clutching his chest, “I’m not feeling well now.”

Nick nods his head and stands dizzily, his heart racing a mile a minute, “Same here. I feel nauseous.” He squeaks out, as a trail of sweat race down the back of his neck.

A.J. covers his mouth as his muscles tense up, something was going on with his body and he couldn’t understand it. He glances over to see the others respond like him, all except Howie who was standing confused and worried over the rest of them.

“A.J.? buddy you ok?” Howie gingerly asks, placing an arm around his friend’s shoulder.

A.J. shakes his head as the head vampire stands and laughs. A.J. glances at the vampire, his ashen pale hands thrown in the air, as his light eyes gleam in hatred whispering what seemed like chant of some kind.

Another vampire standing besides the head leader, joins in the chant and then in a few minutes, all ten of the vampires joined in the chant. Nick grips Brian’s shoulder tightly as he feels himself faint on the tiled floor. Kevin soon after, collapses onto the floor as well and Brian feels his legs give up and he too joined the floor. Howie and A.J. gasp in fright as A.J. feels his chest tighten, his breathing becoming more ragged.

“A.J. OH GOD! Stay with me! Tell me what’s going on?!” Howie shrieks as A.J. crumples onto the floor and faints. Howie and the other customers in the café watch in confusion and pure terror as the chant continues to be said. Howie needed to find an answer to what just occurred and as much as he hated to admit it, he’ll be needing the help of Nemesis and Damaris after all.
~*~

“Girl you know that thing broke down a month ago.” Damaris grumbles as she desperately tries to shield herself from the ongoing rain but fails miserably as the large rain drops easily slip pass her hands and splashing on her head.

Nemesis smirks and fiddles with the small metal box, “I know I was supposed to fix the tracking machine, but I still think it has life in, don’t ya think?” She giggles, pushes Damaris playfully.

Smirking Damaris pushes her friend back and both women burst out in laughter, “You know this sucks right?”

Nemesis laughs, “Nice one, this weather bites!”

Damaris laughs and holds on her side in glee. “Oh man I’m out of jokes.”

“So am I.” snorts Nemesis, her wet thin golden strands lie plastered on her head, “We must look like a mess huh?

“I don’t know about you, but I know I look cute.” Damaris jokes, twirling her dark tangles.

“Hey look the rain is letting up.” Nemesis smiles, her twinkling blue green orbs gleam happily as the sun light burst through the dark clouds.

“Good, you know Cabal is pissed with us for walking out on him.” Damaris whispers, brushing off a few rain drops that trailed down her peach complexion.

“So let him. I don’t care anymore. It’s about time we did this. I just hate the fact when he’s gonna call us, man I get a migraine whenever he does that whole mind game thing.” Nemesis murmurs, pulling on her ear drum to take out any access water that could have wondered in.

“Yeah I know. Demetrius will have our necks for this.” Damaris whispers as she hears Nemesis giggling.

“Ah see, you had one joke left in ya.” Nemesis points out.

Damaris nods her head and both women continue walking down the road.

“They couldn’t have traveled too far, I mean they had to have gotten caught in the rain some how.” Damaris states wearily, her body was getting tired, it seemed they could have walked for miles by the way her legs were aching.

“Yeah, my stupid tracking machine is dead.” Nemesis grumbles throwing the small rectangular metal object into her shirt pocket.

Both women stop as they see a solar eclipse taking over the sky. “What the…” Nemesis wonders off as she stares at the unusual beauty.

Damaris narrows her eyes and follows the direction of the eclipse, “They’re in that small café down the road.”

Nemesis nodded, “Oh man, I sense something bad is about to happen. And the guys have no clue what they’re in.”

“They’ll be safe, they’re the chosen ones. Liam can’t touch them and he knows it.” Damaris sighs, as both women hurriedly pick up speed to reach the café.

“Chosen to stop Liam and rest of the freaks from getting to the public. What a job, can’t wait to see what they’ll think of it.” Nemesis grins, racing off down the road, leaving Damaris to struggle up behind her.
~*~

The therapist closes the manila folder and smiles, “You’ve been improving lately on handling your emotions the right way. I’m happy to say, I’m proud of you Hades.”

Hades smirks and sits up from the leather couch he’s on, “Why thank you. I’m so glad I had the chance the talk and get my feelings out to you. You really know a lot about me and that scares me.”

The friendly brunette giggles and adjusts her wire frame glasses, “I’m glad to have such a wonderful outspoken patient. Sadly this is our last meeting, it’s a bitter sweet moment, you understand? You’ve accomplished your goal and you got well but now I won’t hear any stories from you anymore. You always did keep me entertained Hades.”

Hades smile, “Yeah no problem, I have quite the life you can say.”

“Sure do.” The therapist replies, her dark eyes almost grinning at him.

“I have a wonderful way of thanking you. See Lia, you know so much and that’s not good.” Hades approaches the woman behind the desk.

The woman stands up nervously and smiles, “What do you mean? That’s my job, to help you get better. I have to know about your life.”

“Really, could have fooled me. You know and if you speak, you’ll be in danger. See, I never told you what is my real problem is?” Hades whispers, his red spikes standing out of his caramel complexion.

The doctor whispers, getting up from her desk, “Well tell me Hades, what’s troubling you?”

“Humans.”

The doctor narrows her eyes, “Humans?”

“Yes and you know.” Hades pulls on his jacket revealing the black crescent moon on his neck. “You know what this means don’t you?”

The woman nods her head in surprise as she gasps, “Oh God, you’re one of those things aren’t you?”

Hades laugh, “Shhh, quiet now, what would the others think with you screaming like that?”

The woman shrieks as Hades attacks her, grabbing her neck and ripping into her flesh as the metallic taste tickled his tongue.

The office door swings open as an officer walks in when the doctor screamed, but found nothing but a streak of blood splattered on the white walls. The officer walks into the room, calling the doctor’s name.

No response.

He walks close to her desk and intakes a large gulp of air, screaming out in horror. He found her, sprawled out dead, her neck ripped apart as a large dosage of blood tinges the wooden planks below him. “Oh God, who could have done this to you doctor?” He chokes back tears as he calls in for backup to come met him in the room. He notices that whom ever was responsible for Lia’s death, crashed through the window as an escape route.
~**~

**~To Be Continued...~**
Delusional Aspects by Jamelet
A/N: Hey I’m back, sorry I took a while on updating, but I needed to refuel for ideas which I’m ready to show you now! Enjoy and please try to review, thanks a bunch!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Delusional Aspects~**

Nemesis and Damaris quickly reached the small café that was now littered with yellow police tape all around. Police officers and paramedics filed out the café each stricken with grief and confusion. The sirens wailed loudly as two paramedics carry out a corpse in a body bag. Damaris could feel the air in her throat caught as she tries to talk but nothing comes out. Nemesis scans quickly the environment, the ambulances and police cars surrounded the small café, the red harsh lights of the siren blending in erotically with the black velvet sky.

“Excuse me officer, can you tell me what happened here?” Nemesis asks hoping one police officer can say something to her.

A young woman shakes her head and pulls off her police cap, “I’m sorry miss, this is a restricted area, you’re not allowed here.”

“Wait please, we had some friends stop by here and I just wanna know if they’re ok.” Damaris blurts out as Nemesis quickly shakes her head.

“Friends? What did they look like?” The woman officer asks, pulling out a notepad to write down the data.

Damaris gulps and describes each of the five men that ran off.

“Oh them. Well one of them is over by the ambulance getting checked up. As for the other four, we don’t know. Your friend over there said the four where drugged and kidnapped by a tough group of guys. We’re trying to get more info on that, so everything else is still a bit shady at this point.” The woman officer replies, jotting down a few notes. She points over to where Howie was sitting on the bumper of one of the ambulances getting asked questions from an officer. “I’ll make sure to keep a look out for your friends. Whatever that group of guys wanted with your friends, I just hope that their not dead when we find them.” And the officer steps behind the yellow restricted tape, walking over to another officer.

“Well that was encouraging now wasn’t it?” Nemesis mutters sarcastically.

“Oh yeah. Big time. You think Howie will want to talk with us? If he can tell us what happened then maybe we can figure out where the others where taken to.” Damaris whispers, swatting away a small gnat near her face that lingered in the warm night air.

“Hey it never hurts to try. Man what happened here? Look at all the dead bodies there. It was like a shoot out happened here. Who would do this?” Nemesis whispers as they both make their way around the restaurant to reach Howie.

Howie was sitting silently on the bumper of a vehicle, thinking deeply about something when both women stood in front of him.

Howie gazes up from where’s he sitting and shakes his head. Sucking his teeth in annoyance, he leans back on the front of the ambulance, diverting his eyes away from both women.

Damaris clears her throat and whispers a throaty whisper, “Hey, how you doing?”

Howie shrugs his shoulders and keeps staring at the road in front of him, avoiding the two women. “Why should you care?” He rasps out, his voice becoming weak after all the screaming he did. He recalled after A.J. fainted with Nick, Kevin and Brian, Howie was left to fend off for himself. He was frightened about what will occur as he had stared at the head of the pistol the vampire was holding. He recalled the customers in the café, screaming and shrieking as bullet shots go off, another vampire killing the innocent lives there. Howie recalled as he cried out when one of the vampire man, his fangs shining clearly under the sudden nightfall that dropped in the sky.

“You’re different, you’re human.” The vampire had stated to him.

Howie remembers shaking in fear as he tries to find out what did they do to his friends.

“They’re coming with us. Liam wants to see them. He has business to attend and your friends are needed.” The head vampire had stated, pointing the pistol towards Howie.

Howie was too in shock to do anything else as the group of vampires grab his friends and carry them out of the café.

“Wait, you can’t take them!” Howie recalled screaming, anything to stall the vampires from disappearing into the night before the police came.

“I can and I did. Don’t worry, you’re friends will live for tonight that is.” The head vampire smiles, pointing his pistol directly behind Howie: shooting an elderly man in the head. Howie hears the quiet gasps and feels the cold liquid of blood seep into the back of his shirt. He didn’t dare turn around, he feared if he saw what the bullet did to that innocent victim, he would never sleep again.

“Tell me who you are!” Howie demanded as the head vampire makes his way out the café.

The vampire smiles and laughs, “Damien.” And he disappears into the darkness hence he came from.

Howie jumps at the sound of his name being called out, “Howie look I know you’re mad with us and you have every right to be. But if you want us to help find the others, you gotta tell us what happened.” Nemesis pleads with him, her golden locks tumble almost portraying an angel in Howie’s mind.

“I can’t help you, I don’t know who they are, they took the guys.” Howie whispers slowly, the idea pulsating through his mind.

“Who? Did they tell you a name?” Damaris asks, trying to get Howie to tell more.

Howie gulps and leans back on the hood of the ambulance, “Damien, he was the one in charge of the group that got the guys.”

“Damien? Who’s that?” Damaris whispers, placing a gentle hand on Howie’s shoulder.

He shrugs off her touch and peers at Nemesis, “He’s a vampire, he said he had to take them back to Liam. Liam wasn’t done with the guys. I think he wants to see all of them.”

“But why? So what, they’re supposedly the descendants, what does that have to do with anything?” Nemesis asks to no one in particular.

“Damien? What does he look like?” Damaris asks, curious to see if maybe she could have seen him in earlier fights the Crimson Society were involved in.

“Tall, pale, dark eyes. Carried a gun. He’s a vampire, works with Liam I think. He wore all black. Howie states slowly, the fear egging him on to describe what happened. “It was weird, the weather. It was a beautiful sunny day and we managed to walk about almost two miles away, then the strangest thing happened. There was an eclipse after the storm and then it just turned night like that.” Howie lifts his head up to the dark sky.

Nemesis sighs and shakes her head, “Sorry, I wish I could help you, but the weather acting up might not have anything to do with what occurred.

“Or maybe it does…” Damaris whispers pointing towards the dark atmosphere above them. They all raised their heads to see a silver disc of the moon glowing brightly, but what made it different was it glowing in red.

“It’s another eclipse, a lunar moon, the moon is so red.” Damaris whispers as they all watch in awe at the scenery.

“What about the weather?” Nemesis whispers, poking her partner on her rib cage.

“We lived down here for a while to know no weather happens like this. Two eclipses in one day and only about thirty minutes apart. It has to do with Liam. I just know it.” Damaris whispers.

“So we’ll go to his place.” Howie states a look of determination crossing his tan face as he tucks a black pistol and a switch blade into his front jean pocket.

“NO! We’ll go.” Nemesis pointed, to her and Damaris. “It’s too dangerous.”

“Wait, I just remembered something.” Howie whispers, placing his shaking palm on to his forehead.

“What?” Damaris whispers curiously.

“Damien, that vampire stated that I was only human after I told him, ‘what about me?’ Does that mean that something is wrong with the guys?” Howie rasps, his voice dropping as he feels chills race down his spine.

“I don’t know. I don’t get why he wouldn’t take you with him. It doesn’t make sense, what does the four of them have, that you don’t?” Nemesis asks, her light eyes clouded in worry.

“Could it be simply be that they’re the descendents?” Damaris asks quietly.

Nemesis shrugs her shoulders, “Has to be, I mean why else could Liam need them for?”

Damaris shrugs as Howie stands up and they quickly escape through the small forest and out of the police’s view.
~*~

A.J. opens his eyes and dizzily stands up. He spots the other three of his band mates lying unconscious on the cold granite ground besides him. Holding his head in his hands, he struggles to focus and find out what happened to him. He notices they’re in a strange metal tent like room. The high ceilings tilt and cave in at the edges and no windows or doors are to be found around the room. Only one lone light bulb swings merciless on the ceiling, providing the only light in the room. He notices Brian moving and quickly comes to the aid of his friend.

“Hey Rok, easy there. Let’s get you up man.” A.J. whispers, fighting his own dizziness that enveloped him. Once Brian was on his own two feet, they stare around the room confused.

“Where are we?” Brian chokes out, the words slowly struggling to make sense.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing.” A.J. smiles gently.

Nick moves around and opens his eyes as he painfully sits up and gazes at the other two, “Oh man, why did you let me drink so much? I feel like hell.”

A.J. snorts, “Dude, right now I kind of wish it was the alcohol that was messing with our heads, but we never drank anything ‘cept that juice in the café.”

“Ohhh, man, well that juice had something in it.” Nick mumbles as he struggles to stand up.

Kevin opens his eyes and immediately stands up, staggering painfully over to A.J. “Whoa, Kev. Relax man. We’re all feeling a little out of it.” A.J. whispers as Kevin rapidly shakes his head to gain the proper vision that was now waving around dizzily.

“Those guys! They took us: remember we were at the café when it started raining. Some guys came in and choked us till we were unconscious!” Kevin rasps, his voice struggling to stay heard.

“Choke? Choke!” Nick whispers, as he places his hands over his neck, rubbing any possible injury that could have been inflicted on them.

“Choke? How? They never touched us.” Brian murmurs, his weary light eyes clouded with pain.

A.J. nods his head, the clarity of the memory hitting him, “Yeah, Brian you’re right. I was the last to fall after I saw you guys just collapse on the ground in the café. I was running out of air, like someone was choking me but no one ever laid a hand on me or you guys, which made it worse!”

Nick clears his throat, “Where’s D? Where is he?” He whispers close to a panic as he gazes around the cave like metal room.

Kevin sighs, “Oh man, I don’t know. Oh please let him be ok God.” He whispers before he slumps on the ground in distress.

“We’re gonna die aren’t we?” Nick blurts out, the tears filling up his azure eyes.

“No! Don’t say that! You here me Nick, those people can’t just kill us.” Brian says in a soft voice.

“Why not? They killed all those people at the restaurant, why not us?” A.J. states, trying to be logical of the whole event.

Kevin gazes up at A.J. from the floor, “Alex, you’re not helping.”

A.J. raises his hands in the air and backs away, “Ok, ok, whatever man.”

“I don’t know! I just think those vampires were sent out for us and wouldn’t hurt Howie right?” Brian quakes a bit, wrapping his arms around himself.

Suddenly A.J. feels a cold drop of liquid roll down his cheek. Wiping his hand across his face, he stares at the red liquid in shock as it traces down his finger. They all look up and see a shower of the liquid splashing down on them and in the room. Kevin covers his head with his arms as Brian screeches out that its blood that’s coming down on them.

Nick looks up and smells the metallic odor of blood, “Egh! What the hell man?!”

“The room is getting filled up with blood!” Kevin screeches out over the thunderous shower of red rain crashing onto the floor.

The guys all run towards the walls of the room to try to search for any exit that could get them out.

“Oh no!” A.J. mutters as a vulgarity strikes his lips, “It’s already ankle deep, you guys!”

“We have to get out of here! The psychos are trying to drown us in blood!” Brian screams, his back on the metal wall as the bloody rain continues to pour down heavily.

Kevin pounds on the walls, in hope that maybe there was some form of secret hidden door that would appear, but found nothing. “Oh God no! This can’t be happening!” He shouts, short tremors shake his spine violently.

“They’re gonna kill us, this is what they wanted us for. To kill us.” Nick earnestly states in a calm tone, the fate of his death already in his mind.

“Shut up Nick! And help us find an exit out of here while we still have time!” Kevin yells, his eyes holding in the fear that was slowly choking him.

“Nothing, this is solid iron, no doorways on the walls.” Brian yells, running over to the other end of the room: splashing a river of blood on the walls. A.J. grimaces as he holds his stomach, he couldn’t stand the smell of blood that flooded the room slowly.

“Check again, cause how the hell did those guys get us in here?” Kevin shouts, pounding on the wall loudly with his fist.

“Check the floor.” Nick states, narrowing his eyes as he sees a small latch between the blood covered cracks on the ground.

All four of the men race to the latch in the center of the room, the blood slowly rising to knee level now. In disgust, they dug their hands through the soggy liquid and grab the silver lever sticking out of the ground. “At three we pull! Ready, three!” Kevin shouts as they pull, groaning.

“Damn, stupid junk!” A.J shouts as they continue pulling.

“It’s not opening!” Nick shouts.

“Keep pulling!” Kevin shouts. And with one last tired pull, they all tug on the metal lever on the ground. The lever groans and whines, opening a hidden staircase leading downward. The bloody ocean seeps into the stairwell as the men, one by one, descend down the stair well.

The blood trail seeps down the stairs, hitting the bottom before they reached it. Brian takes the last step and stands looking blindly at his friends. “Well that was interesting.”

He could hear Kevin curse under his breath as he leads the group down the dark pathway.

“I’m starting to agree with Nick, I think we had a load of liquor and we’re so out of it.” A.J. whispers as he feels Kevin slap him behind his head.

“Be quiet.” Kevin murmurs as they reached the end of the dark hallway. He feels with his palms to find a doorknob. “Guys, I feel a doorknob, this should be the exit.” He states, staring blindly at his three friends in the sudden darkness they’re in. Kevin pulls the door and it slowly creaks open, the guys smile as they step into the lit up room.

Suddenly the smiles on each of their faces faded as immediately as it came. In front of them stood over twenty four gang of vampires each holding a form of artillery aimed at the four guys.

Nick gulps, “I guess now would be a bad time to say I have to go to the bathroom?” He whispers over to the others.

A.J. smiles sarcastically, “Huh, yeah you think?!”

Brian gulps as Damien holds a magnum towards his direction. “Looks like you guys are more important that we thought.” Damien harshly states, his eyes never leaving the four men. “You weren’t thinking of escaping were you? Cause the party just started and you wouldn’t want to be the party poopies now would ya?”

A.J. shakes his head and sarcastically responds, “Na, wouldn’t have thought of it man.”

“Good. Well now what are we waiting for? Let’s get you guys acquainted with the festival. It’s too early to bail out. The fun just started.” Damien states, a smile spreading on his pale face.

“Man this is gonna suck.” Nick whispers.

“You have no idea.” Damien states with a plastered smile on his face and he leads the large group out of the metal room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Confortations by Jamelet
A/N: Hey I’m back, and thanks goodness for that. Hope you all are keeping up with this story, thanks for the support and enjoy. Don’t forget to review if you can, it would make my day. Thanks!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Confrontations ~**

Cabal settles back in the wooden chair as Demetrius paces irately before him. Running his butter pecan fingers through his dark brown hair, he sighs listening to Demetrius plans.

“If I’m right, I’m sure the Boys are captured right now by Liam’s henchmen. All we gotta do is wait for the girls to announce the five men are captured. This is working out well. When Liam has all of them, all we gotta do, is follow the scent of their blood. I’m sure the Boys are scared to death and we can follow their faint odor of their fright.” Demetrius whispers, rubbing his forefinger on his lower lip.

“Demetrius, they’re innocent you know. I don’t think this is such a great idea.” Cabal hesitated, the guilt suddenly making an appearance.

Demetrius growls and shakes his head, “They’re very much involved in this whole issue that is happening. Don’t you know who Damien is?”

Cabal sits up in the chair and stares at his boss, “I’m not sure what you’re talking about? What about Damien, who is he? I don’t care who he is.”

Demetrius frowns, “My first born son. The first child born from all vampire lineage. He has a true blood lust like the vampires of the first generation. Very much like Liam’s co-workers in his society and much like…”

“No.” Cabal whispers, cutting Demetrius off, “Your son? You never told me you had a son.”

“Long story, he switched sides when he realized that he can control the relic if he can get to it first.” Demetrius whispers, his grey eyes drawn to the floor.
“The relic?” Cabal asks, shaking his head in confusion.

“There’s a red relic that was created by the first vampire Dagon. He used it to have immortality since he himself was not of pure breed but rather transformed. The one who possesses that relic has the ultimate power and draws on the power of hell. The one with it can open the portals of Hell and being this land, Earth to plummet into its fiery home.” Demetrius responses happily, a smile pulling on the edge of his lips.

Cabal swallows hard and leans back on the seat taking in the new information given to him, “Man, wow.”

“I know. As for the five men, those celebrities we found. Well they play a very important matter to this. They, like the first generation are…”

Cabal cuts in as an idea pushed its way into his thoughts, “Is that possible, that it’s more than just the family lineage that’s being connected here. Are they the ones?” Cabal’s eyes lit up at the conclusion of the possible theory he came up with.

Demetrius simply laughs and stands straight, hands clasp behind him. “Yes, exactly! My goodness the man can think after all.” Demetrius beams, as Cabal growls and shuffles in the pockets of his beige cargo pants.

“Ok haha. So when do we attack?” Cabal mutters, averting his eyes from Demetrius’s smirks.

“In a few hours. It’s already four. We wait for seven, if the two women aren’t back by then, then they’re on their own.” Demetrius states, heading behind to his desk: flipping open a manila folder with sheets of paper tossing out.

“On their own? You would leave Damaris and Nemesis to die?!” Cabal breaths out, standing up from the chair, feeling pity for the two women that worked for their life in the company.

“Yes!! This is a battle, every man for himself. I could care less for them, their humans. Cabal, there is no good guys in this battle, we’re just as bad as the others only we have pity for some humans. But that ends now. Do you hear me? Anyone that stands in our way of gaining the relic back is dead, vampire or human.” Demetrius mutters, slamming his fist on the desk top.

Cabal shakes his head disappointed, “Demetrius you surprise me today. All this time, you were after the eternity relic. You don’t care about what happens to everyone else around you. You hate your brother so much that you’re becoming him.” He calmly whispers.

Demetrius lashes out and screams, “Don’t you ever compare me to that retched rat of my brother. Liam and I are two completely different people! Do you hear me?!” Some papers fluttering aimlessly on the carpet.

Cabal gulps and nods his head, “Yes, yes sir. I’m just surprised that you can be so heartless at times.”

Demetrius chuckles, “We all are at these times, especially since the time is so close. If I can get the blood relic, how beautiful that would be.”

Cabal sighs and leans back on the rickety chair, taking in a deep breath as his boss rambles on about future ideas for the colonies of the vampires.
~*~

Nemesis lets out a deep breath and turns around to face Howie and Damaris, “Ok this is the deal, if we can find out who this Damien guy is, then maybe we can piece together where the guys could have been taken too.”

“So their not at the ramshackle house where Nick was kidnapped?” Howie asks, confusion flooding his eyes.

Damaris stops on the dirt road they’ve been on for over an hour and sighs tiredly, “Na. Where ever the guys are at now could be where the main colony joins up. But I have no idea where that could be. For all I know they could be on plane flying to Europe or something.”

Nemesis runs her snowy fingers through her tangle blonde tresses annoyed, “Oh God yeah. That’s right. So where does that leave us at? No where I say, cause we don’t a freaking clue to where they could have been taken to.”

“Great, we can rest now.” Damaris smiles gently, avoiding the sharp glances coming from Howie. “Howie, is there a problem? Would you like to say something to us?” She asks gently, her light brown eyes scanning Howie’s dark one for any sign of forgiveness. “We didn’t mean to put you all in this mess. And I know you don’t understand, heck we’re all lost here, we’re all in the same boat. But we have to work together: those things out there.” She points to the forest and continues, “Are after all of us and our families. We’re only doing the best we can to protect the ones we love and ourselves from the vampires. So please Howie, talk with us, let us know what is going on, cause I promise we’re all feeling similar to it.”

Howie sighs and shakes his head. He gazes at the ground as the silver disc of the moon cascades upon all of them, inviting them to the strange sudden night that illuminated upon them. “You really wanna know what I’m feeling?” Howie asks curiously, gazing at Nemesis and back to Damaris.

“Yeah that be nice.” Nemesis retorted, her soft smile penetrating his gentle soul.

Howie gulps and nods his head, “Yeah sure you do.” He hisses abruptly, “Like you really care! You’re twisted the both of you! If you wanted me to trust you, you picked the wrong person. The little that I know about this whole freak group thing is that you’re fascinated with blood. Do me a favor? You wanna know how I’m feeling? Go watch your friends get taken away as you stand there helpless, held at gun point then we can talk.” He growls, his fist tightening to his side.

Nemesis groans and tugs on her black military shirt, “Oh right man, you made your point.”

Howie taps his foot and let a deep breath, “Whatever. I just wanna find my friends and get out the hell out of here.” He fumes.

“Ok, well. Thanks for the nice attitude, you cheered us up.” Nemesis says sweetly, giving him a genuine smile.

Damaris giggles and tugs on Howie’s arm, “Let’s go. Neme, see if you can search on the internet for any news on Damien or any Dark Fall member on the cell. There’s internet service on the wire, so you should be able to go online.”

Nemesis nods and quickly grabs the mobile phone off her friend’s hand, “K, we’ll see what we got here.” And she begins tapping on the small silver buttons on the phone.

“I guess we can rest here for now.” Damaris states, dragging a weary Howie over to a park bench. All three settle on the bench, Nemesis researching while Howie and Damaris stare into the dead forest, the bare branches waving sadly in the cold breeze.
~*~

“Watch this.” Damien states, stepping into an office room furnished with dark red curtains on the large glass panes and with a black plush carpet. “I’m sure you must have heard of this man. Check this out.” Damien leads the four blood stained men into Liam’s office.

“Sir, I have the guests you requested.” Damien states proudly.

The four men gaze around an orderly office room with shelves aligned with prestigious text books of the human biology and its body. Behind the large thick mahogany desk was a large oval shaped black chair, its back facing them.

The four men gasp as the chair turns around and Liam sits, smiling up at them. Standing up, he approaches the four and laugh, “Nick, you didn’t think you could escape me now did you?”

Nick narrows his eyes and backs away, “It’s him you guys! That’s the guys that took me over to the other vampires!”

Laughing, Liam approaches Kevin and smiles, “You friend just seems to run into trouble all the time, that must get to you all the time now doesn’t it?”

Kevin stares at the man with hatred and he whispers out a vulgarity.

“My, I would have never thought I would see my great, great, etc. grand children standing here before me. I’m quite honored to see what my family has produced. And Kevin such a mouth. Do you kiss your wife with that mouth?”

Kevin smirks and hastily responds, “Yeah and she doesn’t have a problem with it.”

“Tsk, tsk. Oh well, what can I say, must run in the family now doesn’t it?” Liam states with a twinkle in his grey eyes.

“I’m not related to you!” Seethes Kevin as he curls his fists to his side.

“Oh but you are and you should be thrilled. Don’t you all know that you’re here because of what you all possess?” Liam whispers, his voice dropping as he glances at Brian and A.J. He snaps his fingers and Damien salutes him. “Do me a favor and show these two gentlemen to their rooms. I need to talk to my family and those two can rest until later.”

Brian growls and Damien grabbed his shoulders, “Don’t touch me!” Brian hisses, backing away from Damien.

Kevin pushes Damien and pulls out a small blade from his pockets. In a moment of fury, he slashes at Damien and thrust the small sharp double edge blade into Damien’s abdomen.

Damien gasps and pushes Kevin away furiously as he cringes in agony. He cringes his stomach painfully as he kneels over, screaming out burning vulgarities. He screams out to his boss as Liam simply laughs and walks away. “Guess, I’ll take them myself. Don’t get up, really I can do it.” Liam murmurs sarcastically roughly grabbing a thrashing Brian and A.J. by the arms and yanking them down the hall.

Kevin and Nick gulp and wanted to race after their friends but the armed soldiers in the office room prevented them from doing that. “Ok, see we’ll stay here then.” Nick whispers at Kevin as they slump and wait for the enduring conversation that will occur shortly.
~*~

A.J. snaps his eyes open and sits up from the cot he was lying on. He takes a shaky breath and struggles to stand up from the cot he’s lying on. He gets up slowly as his bare feet touches the cold white tiles. The bright white walls surround him as he makes his way towards the glass pane that is besides the metal door that must be the exit. A.J. assuming the door must be locked, attempted to open the door anyway in hopes that maybe just maybe it can be opened. Unfortunately to his luck, the door was of course locked.

“Dammit!” A.J. shouts to himself as his voice echoes in the deserted white room. The florescent white light shines down on him, illuminating the room. A.J. growls as he looks down at the white blue dotted hospital gown that he was clothes in. He noted also that he was cleaned of the dry blood that he was covered in before hand. He couldn’t recall how he got here to the room with Liam. Somehow, Liam must have done something to him and Brian but he couldn’t remember. A.J. walks gingerly to the large glass pane and leans his warm forehead on the cool glass. He takes a deep breath and tries to see what lies beyond the glass pane, but sees nothing but darkness. Suddenly he blinks and jumps as he sees splash of what looked like blood sprinkled on the glass pane out side of the window he was looking at. “Holy…” A.J. mumbles not completing his sentence as he watches the small river of blood trace outside on the glass window. He could feel his heart rate pick up as he hears a familiar screaming. “Brian? BRIAN!!” A.J. shrieks suddenly, pounding his fists on the glass window, “BRIAN! OH GOD! PLEASE TELL ME YOU’RE OK!”

“A.J.?!” Brian’s voice replies.

“Yeah! Brian, where are you?” A.J. whispers loudly, his shaking palms placed on the window. As the blood trail lessened on the front of the window.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” A.J. screams out as he sees Brian shaking his head in fear and confusion.

Brian leans in the window of his room to see the figure of A.J. in the light shadows of the dim lights.

“J. I’m ok. I’m in a room, you?”

“Same thing, I’m across from you. But what happened dude? Why can’t I remember how we got in here?” A.J. asks confused.

“I can’t remember either! After Liam grabbed us and dragged us down a hallway, all I remember is waking up here.” Brian whispers confused, “They changed our clothes and cleaned us up. Why does Liam need to see Kevin and Nick? Oh man what if he’s hurting him!”

“B, stop it! Don’t think way.” A.J. shouts, his hands pounding on the glass pane. “We’re trapped. Wonder how long they had us down here? I wanna know what they gave us that we can’t remember a single thing?”

“Who knows, with these freaks, God only knows.” Brian whispers sadly. Suddenly the peaceful silence between the men broke as a blood drench man, steps into the hallway between the two men. In quiet horror, both men watch the screaming soul in the center of the hallway choke and cry out. The man’s abdomen was split open with his intestines spilling out as he gazes around in agony before crashing to the floor dead in front of them.

Brian gasps as the air stopped in his throat. He backs away as he hears his poor friend gagging in the other room. A.J. inches away from the window in disgust and horror as the chucks of food he digested earlier rise to his mouth ordering him to regurgitate.

Brian whispers and cries out a small prayer, he needed to get out of here. Things weren’t adding up. Is that sign at will happen to them soon, or if they don’t follow orders. Brian didn’t want to wait around to find out that answer.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Reality Check by Jamelet
A/N: Whoa, I’m back, that’s right. Well since its getting hot over here in NY cause the wonderful weather of a heat wave that we’re experiencing, I can promise you guys this chapter will be hott as well! Hehe. Enjoy and try to review or email me ok? Thanks and take care. **Note** Please check out a story “The Backstreet Tails” where our Boys are changed into animals! Lol, its cute and its co-written by Natalie and I in the sci-fi section! Thanks.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Reality Check~**

Kevin grumbles and slumps into a vacant seat as Nick walks around the interior of Liam’s office aimlessly bored out of his mind. After forty-five minutes, they were still in the office unable to exit the room due to armed guards at present.

“Don’t you have to go eat or something? How about the bathroom? Look, I gotta go.” Nick pleads with a young guard who simply snorts and rotates the caliber in his hands, locking the bullets in place. Nick gulps and back away from the man, hitting the arm of Kevin’s chair along the way.

“Nick, just forget, we can’t get out of here.” Kevin whispers, eyeing the younger man besides him.

“Who says? There’s a window, we can crash out of there and get the hell out of here.” Nick quietly whispers to his friend, gazing at the window that allowed the dark night to seep through.

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Forget it Nick, that’s stupid, we’re more than ten feet up from the ground. Even if we went for it, we’d be dead anyway.”

Nick grumbles and yanks on a seat across from Kevin, collapsing into it. Frustrated, the only thoughts that sprang to mind were what was happening with A.J. and Brian.

“They can’t hurt them.” Kevin whispers to his friend, breaking Nick out of his own thoughts. Nick raises an eyebrow and notices the guards talking among themselves not paying any attention to him nor Kevin. Smiling, Nick knew this was the chance he needed to talk to Kevin about what is going on.

“Why? Why wouldn’t they? This Liam guy is pissed with Demetrius so why wouldn’t he hurt his descendants?” Nick mutters, grabbing an old magazine and flipping through it.

“Cause we’re all the chosen ones. Bro, I heard the reason they all took us here was for that relic thing that Liam stated.” Kevin quickly elaborates Nick on.

“What about the relic?” Nick whispers.

“I don’t know, but it seems they all want us to get it for them. Seems we’re able to get a hold of it for some reason.” Kevin states, his emerald eyes twinkling at the facts he managed to collect upon hearing the guards past conversations in the room.

“Wonder what the relic looks like?” Nick questions, throwing the torn magazine down on the coffee table before him.

“It a ruby circular gem with blood inside. I think it does some freaky stuff. But I don’t know anything else about it.” Kevin whispers over the armed guards loud conversation.

“Man why couldn’t I just go home and wake up from this stupid nightmare. Yes, Nick, wakey, wakey, stand up and open the eyes.” Nick chants, hoping it was really just a bad dream that his mind managed to conjure up.

“Oh no, its real alright.” A deep voice pierces through the room as a tall muscular man walks into the room. In his chocolate hands, he held a sheet of paper and a black 9mm pistol in the other. The man passes his thick dark hands over his neatly shaven head and smiles, “I’m Orion. You must be Nick and Kevin.”

Kevin nods, “Yeah.”

“Good, I got orders to give you directly from Liam. I work with Liam and I remember you Nick. I’m surprised that you haven’t figured out what’s going on with you guys. Let me put it this way.” Orion stops to see he has the two men direct attention, “You’ve both been chosen among the mass not only due to your linkage with our boss Liam but because of who you will become.”

Both Kevin and Nick in complete confusion shout out what did Orion mean by that. “Give us the whole story!” Kevin growls.

Orion smiles and continues “ You guys gotta do us a favor and go to a specific blood bank where the people are.” Orion states, his fangs emerging from his mouth. “You are to collect B positive and O negative tubes of blood. Make sure you collect a total of two dozens of the blood filled glass vials. We’re supplying you with two crates that will be filled with the vials. Among your collection, there must be one and I mean only ONE tube of AB positive blood filled vial.”

Nick snorts and was about to explode but Kevin’s quick timing managed to place his hands over a fuming Nick. “Ahhh, I don’t think so.” He states quietly watching the amused look on Orion’s face.

“Right, see I knew you would say that. Do me a favor and look at the screen on your left.” Orion states, pushing a small red button beneath the large office desk he’s standing behind. A wide black screen from the walls arises from the carpet and shows a fuzzy distorted black and white scenery of what seemed like two men across from each other, trapped each in a room. Nick squints his eyes and mutters slowly to Kevin standing besides him.

“That kinda looks like Brian and A.J.”

Kevin nears the screen and nods his head, “That is them. What are you doing to them?!” He seethes out at Orion who had a smudge look on his face.

“Nothing yet, that is. Let’s say this whole blood collection is sort of an initiation for the both of you. If you do what is followed then you’re friends will remain intact and unharmed.” Orion smiles as Nick wavers unsteadily.

“And what if we don’t do this?” Kevin challenges him, standing firm on his convictions.

“Well then, it was nice knowing your friends.” Orion states, pulling on a yellow lever that hung next to the screen a few inches down. Kevin gulps as he sees the camera zoom in closer to A.J. who was screaming out in horror as a herd of whips emerge from his walls in the white room. The tight thick whips slash across his arms and legs, sending him reeling back in pain as streaks of pinkish and reddish bruises mark him up.

“Stop it! I said stop it!” Kevin shrieks out as he releases Nick and runs over to Orion.

“Ok, I was just showing you. I mean it only gets better, really it does. Liam is a genius to have created the white room for the torture of those. So you have an option. Do what is commanded and if all works out then your friends will live to tell you the horrors they experienced or walk out of here and fail to meet our demands with your friends blood on your hands. Now I suggest if you do go through with this whole blood collection, you will be timed. If by the end of the given time you don’t supply the goods, then you’re friends will be seeing a lot more of what’s hidden behind the walls in their room.”

Kevin slumps his shoulders and Nick yells out profanities and pushes Orion.

“Watch it boy. I can kill with one move, don’t be the few to witness that.” Orion growls: grabbing Nick by his wrists and yanking him away from himself.

Kevin gulps and gently pulls Nick away from Orion’s grasp. “Ok, damn. We’ll do it.”

Orion smiles and chuckles: releasing his grip on Nick’s wrists, “Oh good. Wow, wonder what could have happened that changed your mind?”

Nick growls and flips his middle finger at him before backing away.

Orion smiles and raises his pistol, “Nick, do you know what will happen to you later on?”

Nick smirks and shakes his head, “Aww, gee. I’m sure you’re gonna tell me.” He states sarcastically as Kevin watches on.

Orion smirks, “Actually, you’ll find out shortly. While, I’ll go get everything ready for you guys and just remember you have forty five minutes to complete the task. I’ll go get the supplies, these kind soldiers here will take you down to the parking lot where we can begin. So now shall we?” Orion whispers, a twinkle in his eyes.

Kevin shakes his head and taps Nick on shoulder as both men follow Orion out the room and await for the ten armed guards to lead them down the opposite hallway away from where Orion was heading.

While walking down the hallway, Nick grumbles and angrily pokes Kevin on the side, “Dude, what the hell are we gonna do? Why did you yes so fast? I’m not collecting blood! That’s too freaky even for me.”

Kevin rubs his temples, “While damn Nick what do you want me to do? Brian and A.J. are in danger and we really don’t have much of choose on this. Either way we would have fail, with the us doing what they want, or the guys suffering for no reason.” They reach the metal elevator doors inviting them in and they all board in, the guards keeping a sharp eye on both of them. The doors close quietly as it jolts to descend the group on board.

“Dude, what is it? I have a booger in my nose or what?” Nick smirks annoyed at one of the guards memorized with Nick.

“No. Just I can’t believe I’m meeting the both of you. I heard stories about you too. In fact, about your other two friends as well. You’re all remarkable.” One of the guards say, a rather look of awe crosses his tan face.

“Right.” Kevin murmurs, “Can you tell us what is so remarkable? Orion said something to Nick about finding out something. What did he mean?” His emerald eyes piercing the guards in the elevator.

Another guard shakes his head and points to Kevin, “Whoa, you don’t know?”

“That’s the reason he’s asking Jacka…” Nick begins to say until Kevin nudges him to stay quiet. And so Nick stops talking and leans against the dirty iron walls of the elevator, listening to the metal box their in creak its way down to the parking lot.

“Well maybe I shouldn’t say, you’ll find out soon anyway.” Other guard states, wiping his rifle with a napkin.

Finally the suspense was too much for Kevin and he grabs one of the guards, slamming him onto the walls, “I’m tired of waiting, what is gonna happen to me?” He growls loudly as Nick chuckles quietly, enjoying his friend’s temper for once upset at someone else rather than him.

The guard shivers and raises his hands staring at Kevin, “Ok, k. Just let go of my throat please.”

Kevin stares deeply at the guard and pushes the guard one last time onto the wall before backing away, “Alright, now tell us.”

The guard shaking badly, runs his fingers over his throat and inhales a deep breath, “Ok, will in a few you guys will start changing, transforming.”

“Into what?” Nick interrupts.

“Why, into something wonderful.” The guard states.

Frustrated, Kevin reaches over to try to grab the guards neck again but stops midway as he hears the clicking of the rifles in the elevator. He scans his eyes around and sees the guards all aiming their loading weapons at Kevin.

“Back away Kevin and no one gets hurt.” One of the guards demands.

Kevin narrows his eyes and does as orders. Nick gazes at him in fright as Kevin gives Nick a small squeeze on his shoulder. “Sorry you had to see that buddy.”

“Ah, its alright. You had to handle business. I understand.” Nick responds with a smirk on his face.

“Surprised?” Kevin asks curiously, leaning over to his friend.

“Na. Just glad it wasn’t me that you were mad at this time.” Nick whispers, facing the elevators doors, keeping his eyes on the doors.

“Oh ok.” Kevin whispers as they quietly descend down to the parking lot.
~*~

Howie stops midway in his pacing and perks his ears at a strange strangling sound. “What’s that noise?” he asks to Nemesis who was still tapping away on the internet on the mobile phone.

“Don’t know, why don’t you go check?” Nemesis whispers playfully as Howie glares at her. Nemesis tucks the phone away in her back pack and watches Damaris searching the small forest a few feet away from the bench.

Damaris places her fingers over her lips as she strains her ears to find the source of the sound. “You guys, I think its coming from the bushes somewhere.” She curiously creeps over to the first few trees that opened up the small forest. The sound was getting louder and finally the moaning was close by as Nemesis stands up abruptly, aiming her pistol at the opening end of the forest.

“Damaris come over here, the sound is coming from someone changing from the results of the infested water. Get out of there!” Nemesis whispers loudly, keeping her trained eyes on the bushy trees, her pistol aimed at whatever it was that will emerge from behind those trees. Suddenly a figure leaps out from behind a bush nearby Damaris, grabbing her by the neck and pulling her close to its now decaying form. The creature was once human, the few stray black hair toppling over its peeling green flesh, the odor of the beast was disturbing, it smelled of death was unbelievable as the rest of the limbs on the body begin to crack and peel. The only thing that truly remained human was its beautiful green eyes.

“Oh God what is that?!” Howie screams out as the zombie like creature holds onto a crying Damaris.

Nemesis shakes her head and narrows her eyes, “Alright ‘Maris, I got you covered on this.” And she releases the pull on the trigger, sending a bullet to pierce the creature into its chest. The creature screams out, eerily sounding like a woman, before collapsing on the floor dead. “Bulls eye. Straight in the heart baby.” Nemesis whispers, her golden tresses glimmering gently under the silver moonlight. She smiles and twirls the pistol on her finger before tucking it away beneath her shirt.

Howie watches surprised and whispers out, “Wow, you killed it with one shot. So its already happening, the people changing and stuff right?”

Nemesis nods her head as she watches a shaking Damaris fall into her embrace.

“Thanks.” Damaris whispers shakily as she attempts a smile.

“No problem short stuff. You’d do the same for me.” Nemesis whispers.

Damaris snorts and rolls her light brown eyes, “I would, wouldn’t I?” She teases as she grabs her backpack filled with arsenal. “I’m just glad we managed to stop by the weapon shop and pick up the weapons that we had dropped off a while back.”

“Yeah and you’re lucky the pistol was loaded. I thought I forgot to load it and didn’t know if the gun had any bullets.” Nemesis whispers.

Howie exhales a deep breath and smiles, “Yeah well you’re lucky you remembered to load it, otherwise, we’d be mince meat now with that thing chomping at us.”

“Please no more. Those things are freaky.” Damaris whispers softly, shuddering at the thought and they walked down the road.

“So what about it? Where we heading?” Howie asks, nervously running his tan hands through his short dark brown hair.

“Well, I found out that Damien is Demetrius kid. Meaning that there is some family problems going on. Why would the son be against his dad unless something wasn’t right with things?” Nemesis asks the others curiously.

Damaris shakes her head, “Oh man, if Damien is working Liam and yet Demetrius is fighting with Liam, you don’t think that Demetrius is out against us as well?”

“What, who cares?! These things aren’t even human, they have fangs and want blood, what the hell is wrong with that? They should die if anything!” Howie speaks out, his hands shaking with rage.

“Easy there boy, don’t wanna cause a heart attack.” Nemesis whispers, rubbing Howie’s shoulder gently. Howie looks up at blonde hair woman and smiles.

“I, I’ll try not to but all this is just so frustrating and confusing for me. And the fact the guys are caught by the things just has me worried.” Howie whispers as they continue on their way down the deserted road. Trees on either side align them as they continue down the road. Then the silent peace was interrupted by a shrill screaming coming from behind a tree. Another human was transforming from the effects of the poison in the water as a poor young man stumbles blindly out on the road in front of them.

“Please help me! I can’t breath! It’s hurting! AHHHHH!” The young man screams, his dark eyes roll back into his head as his body slumps to the ground.

Howie watches and screams out, “Do something! He’s dying.”

“Its too late for him. He drank from the water and he’ll become what Nemesis just killed.” Damaris watchrd in horror as the young man lies face down and his body begins quivering as his transformation begins.
~*~

Brian screams out as A.J. curls in the corner of his room. “Oh A.J. man. I’m so sorry. How are you?” He whispers out worried, watching A.J. across from him through the glass window.

“I, I’m ok I guess. Did you see that?! There were whips behind the walls and it was striking me!” A.J. whispers out.

“I saw. Man I don’t think we’re here for anything good. Liam placed us separate from Nick and Kevin.” Brian whispers loudly as he tries to keep his eyes on A.J. in the other room. But at times his eyes would advert to the dead corpse that was lying dead in the dark hallway.

“I know. It’s cause of who we’re related to. We’re supposedly part of Demetrius family linage and Liam doesn’t want anything to do with us cause of that.” A.J. whispers, wincing as he touches a soft bruise that is forming on his triceps.

“Oh man, J, I want to get out of here, but these windows seem shatter proof.” Brian whispers.

“I know, I tried to get out of here and as you can see nothing happened.” A.J. grumbles leaning on the wall, his eyes on Brian across from him in the other room.

Suddenly the corpse that was lying in the hallway shuffles and struggles to stand up, the soft dark brown flesh now cracking and oozing blood. The dead eyes on the man glimmer and seem to be the only thing that remained alive as the body creates a faintish green coloring on the flesh. Brian’s mouth drops open as he gasp silently walking to the glass pane window in his room. Horizontally, across in A.J.’s room, A.J. was watching in awe as they both tried to make sense at what their seeing.

“No way man! He died! You saw it! He can’t be alive!” Brian croaks out as A.J. nods his head.

“Dude he is dead, but not the way we think it.” A.J. whispers as the walking corpse moans and groans, banging on Brian’s window pane.

“This isn’t good.” Brian chokes out as A.J. screams out to divert the creature’s attention towards his direction.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Bloody Deception by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Bloody Deception~**

Cabal zips up his green gym bag and flings it over his shoulder. Steeping out the Crimson hotel, he takes a deep breath as a gentle cool wind hits his face.

“Cabal, make sure you have the keys so you can lock up later.” Demetrius states, stepping out the door, locking it behind him. “Mmmm, so close. I can feel it. You know Liam lied about the water, there are no drugs in it. Just a deadly chemical. The files were distorted for their advance. Their deceitful you know? I’m sure right now, they’re probably sending out the chosen ones to possess the relic.” Demetrius smiles, walking quietly down the deserted street.

Cabal walking besides his boss sighs and digs into his pockets, “Demetrius, I’ve been thinking that maybe you should just join up with Liam. Work together since you’re both after the same blood relic.”

Demetrius growls and narrows his eyes angrily at his partner, “How dare you! Liam and I have different agendas for the relic, his is for pure control of the innocent souls in this pathetic world, mine is for having endless blood to satisfy my never ending thirst.”

Cabal snorts and stares at his partner in disgust, “You’re unbelievable. So where we headed?”

Demetrius smiles, “Why, where else do you think we’re going? We’ll be meeting our Boys at the South Side Blood bank.”

Cabal sneered, “Whoa, how do you know where they will be?”

“Cabal my child. Liam is my brother, I know what his plans are. We do after all share the same blood now don’t we?” He whispers happily, his dark eyes gleaming with pride.

“Well now aren’t we just the happy ones now?” Cabal sneers, pulling on his belt where a loaded pistol lay hidden.

“Oh Cabal. I thought you would be happy, we’re all for the same thing now aren’t we?” Demetrius dark eyebrows rise curiously.

Cabal snorts, “That’s what you think. Here I was honestly thinking I can change my life and get away from the demon that lives inside me. That instead of taking lives, I’ll be helping them…”

Demetrius interrupts and laughs, “Oh but you are helping lives, our lives! We will live, not those pesky humans.”

“What about the girls, the torture you pulled them in and me!” Cabal growls, his butter pecan hands clasp around the small silver 9mm pistol hidden in his belt clip.

“I already told you. What about them? They had a job and they succeeded. They seen the men and trained them.” Demetrius says haughtily.

“And me, I had the job to bring them to you! Is that all I was too you?! A mere slave sent to do his job!!” Shrieks Cabal, standing in the middle of the cement sidewalk, his eyes glaring at his partner.

“Right. You’re smarter than you appeared.” Demetrius whispers into Cabal’s left ear, patting him on the shoulder. Demetrius continues his walk down the sidewalk as Cabal stands there, the rage burning inside his tortured soul.

“Damn you Demetrius! All this crap and this is what I get! Well screw you!” Cabal yells, his voice breaking the peaceful secluded night around him.

Demetrius simply walks away and disappears, turning a corner.

Cabal swallows hard and grips the pistol in his right hand, “If he thinks he can get away with this, he’s seriously wrong. I’ll find the chosen ones and get them out of here. Without them, Demetrius and Liam can’t do anything.” And he smirks, walking down the block, the opposite way with a smirk on his face.
~*~

Brian screams out in pure terror as the zombie like creature banged his glass window. Feeling helpless, he backs away into the corner of the nearly empty room besides a cot and slides down the wall, pulling his legs close to his chest and wrapping his arms around it. He could hear A.J.’s cries as the zombie pounds and breaks through Brian’s window. The window shatters and breaks inward as the moaning of the zombie grows. Its hunger was on high alert and would take anything it can to sustain itself at the moment. The cracking of the flesh on the zombie drips out a mixture of a foul smelling yellow odor.

The zombie steps in, its decaying flesh oozing a trial of blood and what seemed like saliva, dripping onto the tiles.

“Brian, Dear God, Help him somebody!” Brian hears A.J.’s cries as the zombie struggling to walk properly, enters through the room searching for anything alive.

Brian sighs and crawls in the corner hidden away besides the cot. He hoped the zombie was stupid enough to leave but again proved wrong when the zombie stopped directly in front of him. Brian cries out as the chills zoomed through his shaking body. The zombie reaches out its decaying hand and was about to grab Brian when Brian in his utter horror faints and collapses on the floor.

A.J. screams as the zombie moans and touches Brian’s slump body. The zombie turns to A.J.’s direction and moans it way out of Brian’s white room. A.J. gulps hard: his throat gone dry from the yelling. He leans against the wall as the zombie moans and steps out of Brian’s room and walks down the hallway, disappearing from his view. Sighing, A.J. closes his eyes and remained leaning on the wall as he tries to calm down his rapid heart rate. The peaceful quiet secluded him for only mere minutes when suddenly the zombie, surprising A.J., slams its decaying arms on the glass window in his room. A.J. cries out and sees the zombie break through the glass, stepping into the shards and the room. Its rotting flesh fogging up A.J’s vision as he keels over and gags. The zombie was about to reach him when it was shot by an unknown source. A.J. covers his ears as the sound of the bullets crash into the beast body. The zombie screams out and falls onto the white tiles, staining the once clean tiles with its liquids. A.J. shudders and sees a beautiful average height woman, her black long curls lie on her soft caramel shoulders as she steps into the lit hallway for A.J. to see. She smiles and licks her red painted full lips at him. She twirls the silver red stained pistol on her pointer finger, approaching him with a smile scrolled on her face. “You’re quite the lucky one. I saw you and wanted to talk with you but it seems Liam dislikes you and your friend. If I didn’t come down here on time, you could have died in the creatures hands.”

A.J. takes short gasps and he nervously stands up straight and faces the woman, “Who are you? Why help me? Liam wants to get rid of us. He obviously prefers our other two friends rather than us. Cause of their linage.” He whispers, wiping away a trail of sweat that rolled down his cheek.

“ Maybe so, but Liam has plans for all of you. You’re here like your other friends as well for a specific purpose. I’m Nairobi by the way” Nairobi states softly.

A.J. takes a deep breath and runs his fingers through his disheveled hair, “You’re one too?” He croaks out as Nairobi smiles.

“One of what A.J.?” Nairobi whispers seductively as she walks to him quietly.

“One of the vampires, part of the whole Dark fall thing.” A.J. mumbles, feeling extremely agitated and nervous around his suppose hero.

Nairobi nods her head and turns around, pulling down her blouse collar to show A.J. the Dark Fall tattoo, a crescent shape moon imprinted on the base of the back of her neck.

A.J. gasps and begins backing away as Nairobi giggles, “A.J. I’m not here to hurt you but to help you. Do you know what you are becoming?”

A.J. shakes his head and personally he couldn’t care, all he wanted was to get out of this place and away from the psychos that pulled this joke off for far too long.

Nairobi smiles and reveals two sharp fangs emerging from her soft lips, her eyes glows a bright red as her pupils dilated, “This, my child is what is awaiting for you. For all four of you.”

“No! Hell No! You sick bit…” A.J. screams out but was cut off by her voice.

“Yes. And watch want you say. If I was what you called me, I would have stood by and watch that zombie kill you, devour your limbs and rip them from your weak body, one by one.” Nairobi whispers angrily, her dark eyes narrowing at him.

A.J. remains quiet and stares at the white tiles below him.

“I’m here to talk with you, now are you willing to speak or do I just talk to myself/” Nairobi whispers.

A.J. mutters a pulsating profanity from his lips as the woman reels back alarmed, “My. What did they teach you out there in the world?”

A.J. smiles and flips his middle finger at her as she grabs his finger and places a gentle kiss on it. A.J. watches confused as she inserts his finger into her mouth and gently sucks on it, nibbling on it every once in while. A.J. gasps in disgust and in passion as he yanks his wet finger away from the vampire’s mouth. “What the hell is wrong you?”

Laughing, Nairobi smiles and wipes away a drop of blood that came from A.J.’s finger off her lips. A.J. looks at his wounded finger, blood seeping from his open pores from where she bit him.

Nairobi takes a deep breath and whispers, “Liam has a job for the both of you. You’re other two friends have been sent already to do a job. I came down here to get the both of you. I might as well let you leave here, these rooms are of no use now that the windows are broken.”

“Why should listen to you?!” A.J. chokes out, his arms trembling in fear.

“Because I have the answers to all your problems. I can tell you why you’re here and for what purpose.” Nairobi whispers seductively, alluring him to her. A.J. smiles and steps close to her as she embraces him, “Come fulfill your destiny A.J. Let me tell you what you need to do.”

A.J. smiles and nods his head, he had no idea what was going with him, but he wanted to stay with her, he felt so connected to her in so many ways, the way one would feel for their lover. He couldn’t understand it but he didn’t care anymore. “Why, what’s, wrong with me? I feel so drawn to you. Like I meet you before, but I can’t remember you from anywhere. Why is that?”

Nairobi smiles and strokes her fingers through his hair, “Dear Alexander, there’s so much for you to know at such a small amount of time but all will become clear in just a few hours. I can promise you that.”

A.J. nods his head and brushes a strand of Nairobi dark locks from her cheeks, “Alright. What do I have to do?”

Nairobi giggles and purses her lips at him, “You’re sent on a mission along with Brian. I’ll tell you all about it once Brian awakens from his nap.”

“He fainted.” A.J. whispers feeling a sense of guilt consume his heart as he had watched his poor friend helpless at the zombie. But he was safe and that’s all that mattered. Brian was left unharmed and at least now, A.J. believes that Nairobi will answer any of the remaining questions that tortured his mind.
~*~

Howie watches Nemesis blast another shot into the young man that was changing as she places her pistol back into her clip. “There, so he won’t stand a chance.”

Howie cries out, “Oh God, what if my family drank from that water.”

“Howie its ok, the water is being quarantine, it should be safe for the community by now. The few that did manage to drink it are zombies by now.” Damaris mutters, scratching her arm nervously.

Howie sighs and shakes his head, “Oh God this is too much.” Suddenly a loud moaning erupted from behind the trees as a zombie of what once was human with golden blonde locks falling off its green murky decaying flesh stumbles over to them. Its bright blue eyes focused on Howie as it makes it way towards him. Howie gulps and inches back a few as Nemesis smirks and pulls out her pistol.

She pulls the pistol and nothing comes out, “Oh no, this don’t look good.” She mumbles as she tries to reload her pistol quickly.

Damaris’s eyes grew big as she backs away and crashes into Howie, “Neme, what’s up? I don’t have bullets in my gun either.”

Nemesis’s greenish blue orbs grew wide open as she searches in her backpack, “Holy… there’s no more bullets. We’re all out.”

“What, NO! Oh No!” Howie yells out as he shakes Nemesis’s shoulders, “You better find something, that thing is coming straight for us!”

“No, on the contrary, its coming for you. Not me nor Damaris.” Nemesis states quietly as Domaris gives her a glare.

Howie cries out and backs away as the zombie was mere inches from touching them. Both women back away, fearing that the zombie will do something. The zombie stops and groans loudly somehow attracting others to its sound. Unexpectedly, a mass of groans abrupt from all around the group. Howie in the middle of the two women gasps and watches the number of zombies increase as those creatures step out of the forest and down the road they had walked on before.

“Easy guys, I’m sure you just ate. We’re not tasty, we haven’t been eating properly and would only cause your stomach to feel terrible.” Nemesis whispers nervously as Damaris smiles faintly, clasping her friend’s hand tightly.

“Yeah, what she said.” Howie croaks out nervously as the zombies of about a number of twenty two encircle them.

The groans grow louder as the foul retched smell of decaying, rotting flesh consumes the night air.

Howie gags as the smell as did both women and all their backs pressed against each other, staring at the bony, bleeding cracked fleshes of the zombies. The zombies only two feet away, close in on them as Howie yells out. The women felt helpless for the first time. They carried nothing else but guns that weren’t yet loaded.

“I’m sorry Howie to let you down.” Nemesis whispers guilty, her light eyes stare at the ground.

Howie sniffs and nods his head, “It’s ok.” He whispers, as a zombie reaches out to try to get a hold on him. Suddenly the air is filled with gunshots and a sword crashes down on three of the zombies grabbing for Nemesis. The metal sword, cuts into the creature’s heads as the sword finishes killing the group of the living dead. After the last zombie’s head cut in half and splits open, the three in the group noted who saved them.

“Cabal!?” Howie utters in surprise as the two women stare suspiciously at the man standing before them, his sharp sword drips the red liquid as it oozes onto the bloody littered ground before them.

Cabal smiles and nods his head, “Thought you guys needed the help.” He smiles stepping over a broken bloody limb on the grass.

“Ah gee what could have given that away?” Nemesis mutters as she crosses her arms on her chest.

Cabal chuckles and swipes his finger down the metal blade of the sword, placing his finger on his lips and licks it. “Taste just like the way grandma used to make it.”

Howie gags and finally regurgitates what he was trying to hold on to since the first zombie made its appearance.

Cabal smiles, his fangs gleaming in the silver moonlight as Howie shakes his head, “I’m not going back!”

“You don’t have to. I’m here to help. It seems Demetrius had a different plan from I and we parted ways. So I guess you guys got another person to help you out. Oh and by the way, if you’re heading towards where the guys are being held in, you’re walking the wrong way. This end leads you no where. Guess you gotta walk back.” Cabal offers a smirk.

Nemesis rolls her eyes and the group turns around and nervously walks back down the road. Howie glances back at Cabal as Cabal with a beam on his face, whispers a “Hi.” Shuddering, Howie faces forward and follows the girls back down the road from hence they came from.
~*~

Brian’s groggily opens his eyes and sees a man peering at him cautiously. “Good, you’re up.” Liam states, standing up from the cot he placed Brian on. Brian gazes dizzily around the white room and places his hands over his squinting eyes.

“I thought you hate me.” Brian groggily asks, rubbing his raw throat.

Liam smiles and faces him, “I do. But I don’t want you dead. At least not yet. It seems you and your friend over there,” Liam states, pointing over to A.J. who seems allured by Nairobi’s presence in the room across from him, “Are needed after all.” Liam continues.

Brian snorts and rubs his head tiredly, “Well what a surprise.”

“Brian, you know don’t you, what you really are don’t you?” Liam asks unconcerned.

“Yeah.” Brian croaks out as he places his elbows to his side, raising his head a bit.

“Good, then I’m sure you have no idea how to awaken it then right?” Liam asks, walking around the small gleaming room, his black outfit contrasting the harsh light color of the room.

Brian sighs and drops his head onto a pillow, “What happened to me?”

“You,” Liam chuckles, “Were so scared that you fainted.”

Brian shakes his head and closes his eyes, the last thing he needed was to be laughed at by a sick vampire. “So what are you doing here?”

“To get you. Nairobi-” Liam points to the black haired beauty standing besides A.J. “Has already told your friend what the plan is, you along with Kevin and Nick need to do us a big favor. But before you can do that, you’ll need to be initiated so that we’ll know that we can rely on you.”

Brian smiles gently and laughs, “And I’m supposed to trust you on what basis?”

Liam chuckles, “Ah, my boy on your life.” He seethes suddenly, his fangs inches away from Brian’s tender throat.

Brian sighs and nods his head, “Fine. What do I have to do?”

Liam grins and yanks Brian up by the hand, “Ahhh, let me show you, I’ll explain on the way. Nairobi honey, bring that man with you. We’re heading to the parking lot now.”

Nairobi giggles and grabs A.J.’s hand, pulling him out the room through the open doorway to meet up with Liam.
~*~

Nick and Kevin stare at the deserted parking lot and sigh. They have been waiting for over twenty minutes on what to do, but Orion didn’t show as of yet. Suddenly heavy footsteps pound heavily on the cement ground of the parking lot. Orion steps up to them with a bag of arsenal.

“Sorry for the delay Boys. I needed to bring extra equipments, seems your buddies are joining you on the hunt as well. Liam found them as important as you two, so that should make you happy. Liam will explain where you have to go when he arrives here with your friends shortly. So as for you, maybe you can tell me what do you know about yourselves?” Orion smiles, folding his hands on his black cargo pants.

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Nick it’s gonna be a long night buddy.” He whispers over to his younger friend.

Nick nods his head and whispers back, “Tell me about it.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Alterations in the Heart by Jamelet
A/N: Drum roll please…. Tada! A new chapter for you guys! Enjoy and review! Thanks!

“The Blood Pactâ€

**~Alterations in the Heart~**

“Leave me alone! I said no already!†Brian shouted as Liam pushed the smaller man into the elevator.

“I don’t care what you say. I could kill you right now just for the hell of it and trust me you’re already getting on my nerves. If it wasn’t for what you are becoming, I would have torn your limbs by now and be sipping away at your blood.†Liam mutters angrily as he watches Nairobi giggle and pat him on the shoulder.

“There, there honey. They don’t know yet but tonight will be a discovery for them all.†Nairobi whispers into Liam’s ear as A.J. standing beside Brian chewed on his bottom lip in anger. “Alex. Is everything ok? You seem angry about something. Would you like to talk about it?†She whispers softly, a grin appearing on her cinnamon complexion.

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head at Brian. Brian in turn offers a meek smile before returning to look at the metal dirty tiles that plastered the elevator floor.

“Well nothing to say. How surprising?†She mutters sarcastically as A.J. seethes out a profanity that had long been withheld in his mouth.

Liam chuckles as he grabs Nairobi’s waist and locks lips with her in front of A.J. as A.J. grumbles and pulls on the black cargo pants that was given to him to wear by the vampire unit. Both Brian and A.J. were given dark attire to wear for what they had to do. It seemed that they along with Nick and Kevin will be going to South Side blood bank to steal exactly two dozen crates full of blood type fill vials. It was an initiation to see if Dark Falls will trust them. Brian and A.J. had no time to discuss the situation for they were forced immediately to do the task with or without their approval.

“We’re here.†Liam happily states, smiling. For a moment, Liam’s profile reminded Brian of Nick. As scary as it seemed, that man seem to almost carry the same facial characteristics of Nick to an extent.

“Freaky huh?†A.J.’s voice invades Brian’s thoughts.

“About what?†Brian whispers, pulling gently on the black blazer he had on.

“That for a moment, that vampire reminded me of Nick somehow.†A.J. mumbles, rubbing his fingers together.

Brian snorts and nods his head, “Yeah, guess Nick is a true blonde then huh?â€

Nairobi interrupts their conversation, pulling on A.J.’s arm as A.J. willingly followed her out the elevator doors that are opening. Brian gulps and follows Liam out the elevator as the four of them walk down an underground vacant parking lot. A few dim light bulbs illuminated the lot as the four arrived. Orion turns around with a smile as Liam makes his appearance.

“Hey boss. There you are. We were just talking about you.†Orion’s deep voice states, his smile beaming brightly across his chocolate face.

“I’m sure it was good.†Liam mutters, yanking on a sword that A.J.’s attire came with. Swinging the sword centimeters away from Nick’s face he smiles.

“My boy, do you know how important you are right now to me?†Liam hisses, his grey eyes hounding at Nick.

Nick gulps and reaches for Kevin who instantly stands in front of his younger band mate to protect him. Liam smiles and caresses Kevin’s cheek as Kevin in disgust jerks away from him. “And how important you are as well.†Liam continues gazing slowly at both men.

Brian and A.J. were relieved to see the other guys doing well and vice versa as they stood next to each other.

“Well now that we’re all here, Kindel will drive you to your destination. The moment you are pulled away from this driveway, the countdown will begin…†Liam was cut off by shouts of how unfair that is. “Shut up!†He growls at the four men: Brian, Kevin, Nick and A.J. “What I say goes. Life isn’t fair and this is one of them. Which means when you arrive at the bank you have about thirty minutes remaining. You’ll head to the roof of the building. Be careful the security has risen since the last attempt. I want you all to go through the roof, either by sending someone through the grates or cut a hole within the roof for someone to go through. One of you will be tied with a rope in which a small watch is connected to.†Liam stops to see that the four men are listening intensely to him. Smiling, he pulls out a map with the bank outline scrolled on it. Unfolding it, he places the map on the roof of a car as he calls the four men to gather around him. “I want you all to listen carefully. I’m telling you this only once, so pay attention.†Pointing his pale fingers on the x marked box on the paper, Liam’s eyes scrolls around the map and smiles. ‘This is where you will be at. The roof is right here. Orion will supply with weapons and Kindel will lead you to the roof. Once she does that, you’re on your own. Meaning you’ll have to decide what will be the best way to break into the building. Let me remind you, these spots here are where the alarms are activated.†Liam states, pointing to the small blue dots scattered around the large rectangular figure on the map. “You have the choice to shut off the lights to de-activate the alarms or run the risk of avoiding the red lasers that are in the hallways. Getting to the storage room is where the blood tubes will be, if you decide to go through the grates, know that you will have to run the risk the being caught by the alarms or shot down by security. If you decide cut a hold from the roof to instantly enter the storage room where the tubes of blood are located, it will cut off your time cause it will take at least fifteen minutes to cut through the solid metal and bricks the building’s ceiling is made of. Now then my boys, I suggest you use your time wisely. If by the end of the forty minutes you fail to complete the task, say goodbye to your pathetic lives. I’ll personally kill your relatives in front of you before I kill you. What do think of that?†Liam smiles softly as he hears the vulgarity that pulsated through Kevin’s, Nick’s and A.J.’s mouth.

Brian stands alarmed at what he had to do. None of it made sense to him. Why did they have to do this? All he heard mention was that he along with the others are chosen to collect a precious relic that contains unfathomable powers. But chosen in what sense? He heard that he along with the others will change, change into what? Into a hideous creature zombie or something worse he assumed. A.J. said that they would become vampires. How? He didn’t know, but he would fight to maintain staying alive. He couldn’t die, at least not yet. And no vampire would dare take that away from him.

A black SUV pulls up and a flame haired women peers out the driver side window with a grin on her unusually pale face. Her emerald eyes bore at the Boys as she honks the horn. “Time to load them up. Well, well aren’t we the cute ones today? Liam, you never told me the others were just as good looking. What about those two?†She points to A.J. and Brian. “They’re part of you too?â€

Liam spats out, “No, Demetrius linage. But they’re chosen just as well. Which is why their still standing here alive before you.â€

A.J. narrows his eyes, he was getting tired with all the hatred this man had towards them just cause of who they were supposedly related to. It was still hard for A.J. to admit that he had a connection with any of those fanged creeps but he went along with it for his life is on the line.

“Oh before you board.†Nairobi whispers gently, “If you complete the task, tonight, you’ll find out what we are all talking about. You will be your true selves. Good luck, it’s the only way to find the answers you need.â€

“Oh yay! We get to find answers to tonight’s mystery.†Nick seethes as all four are pushed into the vehicle.

“Do us proud Boys.†Nairobi whispers.

A.J. smirks, “How ‘bout I just do you?â€

Kevin painfully pokes A.J. in the ribs to let him know that its dangerous waters he’s treading on with that comment. To everyone’s surprise, Nairobi laughs and claps her hands. “Good one. I like that joke.â€

Kevin raises his eyebrows and was the last to board to the van just as the door locks behind.

Nick sighs and peers his head out the window from the backseat of the SUV as Brian sits in the passenger’s seat besides Kindel. Kevin and A.J. talk quietly among themselves about how freaked out they are and what are the best options to pull through with the task at hand. Kindel smiles and pulls away from the parking lot, setting a small timer on the head board to go off. “Well Boys, time is ticking away. This’ll be fun. Hope you don’t get killed along the way. You’re all too fine to die.â€

Brian growls and stares at the vampire who chuckles. “It would be so bad right? I mean either way you’ll die. If you make it, you’ll die to what you once were. If you don’t make it, you’ll die the physical way. Which I heard is pretty bad.†Kindel states, feeling the boring of all the men’s eyes on her. Steering the vehicle onto a highway, she drives in silence as the Boys whispers to each other in how to succeed through the task. Kindel smiles, she had a funny feeling that the guys will succeed and couldn’t wait to welcome them to the group.
~*~

A bloody clump of what once was an arm drops onto the ground with a soft thud as Cabal wipes a hand across his butter pecan face. He puts the leaking blood stain sword away on his belt and smiles as Howie’s mouth drops open in pure disgust and surprise.

“What’s wrong? You looked like you never seen a corpse before?†Cabal smiles as Howie stutters.

“I’m not much of a corpse loving type.†Howie mutters out as he holds his stomach, hoping the nausea will pass away.

“Ok, look Cabal. Thanks for the help. But what’s the deal with you suddenly joining our side? Don’t you want to see your little fangy friends win? Screw us. It’s too late for us to survive. But hey at least we’ll go down fighting.†Nemesis seethes, wiping the blood off her sword.

Damaris clears her throat and pokes Nemesis on the side, “Maybe you should reconsider what you just said. After all, an innocent life is with us.†She points to Howie who seems distraught at everything that is occurring and at Nemesis’s statement.

“Or hey, you know I heard living has its benefits.†Nemesis smiles softly at Howie as he blows out a puff of air. Nemesis looks back at her partner, giving her a thumbs up behind Howie’s back.

Cabal finally answers Nemesis questions after a few minutes of walking in silence, “I want to see Demetrius die. I figured you guys are down with that as well. That’s why I’m here.â€

“Hmmm… whoa wait! You want to see Demetrius dead. What happened? I thought you guys were buddy- buddy.†Damaris states confused as the cold wind embraces them.

“I thought so too. But it looks like Demetrius has more in common with Liam that I thought.†Cabal states growling.

“So it seems that Liam and Demetrius are working together then right?†Damaris blurts out, hoping that Cabal will give them more insight on what’s going on.

“Yeah.†Cabal simply answers.

Howie gulps and stares at the pavement as they continue their tread. “We’ll have a fifteen minute rest over at the warehouse up ahead. We’ll load the weapons and then head out to Dark Falls. I’m thinking if we could hitch a ride or somehow get a car, we’ll be able to get to Demetrius and Howie’s friends.â€

“Do, do you know where they are right now?†Howie whispers nervously, his dark eyes clouded with worry.

Cabal checks his watch and nods, “Yeah, if everything is working out with the time, then your Boys should be heading to the South Side Blood Bank.â€

“How do you know this?†Nemesis asks curiously. She just couldn’t trust him, she along with Damaris walked away from the Crimson Society with him watching them and now suddenly their just suppose to trust this man after what he did to them. She wasn’t buying the whole good thing from Cabal, he would have to prove his trust to her and to her partner.

“I was informed by Demetrius while we walking here. Right before we headed our separate ways.†Cabal states, locking some bullets in place on his pistol.

“So what, we’re supposed to just trust you now, cause you have a thing for seeing Demetrius die?†Damaris asks vehemently.

“You’re all I have to trust.†Cabal whispers, leading them towards an open cemetery where a rusted wood sodden warehouse stood.
~*~

The SUV pulls up a block down from where the lighted up blood bank stood. Kindel smiles and giggles, “Well boys we’re here. I’m gonna lead ya to the roof of the building without being seen. Once you’re there, remember you’re on a time limit. You have the choice to head to the grates from the roof-If you decide to do that, one at time use the metal knife to open the grate. Each of you are to go through it and just keep crawling turning to the right at all times. At the end of the grate will be an opening to the storage room where you will need to collect exactly two dozens B positive tubes. Among them have one O negative blood vial and one AB positive blood vial. Carrying the vials on the small slots your pants have for it. Watch out for any security or alarms that you might set off. If that happens, you’ll be forced to head out faster than you thought ‘cause the guards will begin shooting at you. If you decide to just cut through the roof, you’ll be using a small machine.†She lifts up a thirteen inch metal cutter in her hands and hands it to Brian. “With this, it should you lead you directly beneath the storage room, if you decide this. Now remember you have about thirty minutes remaining. I want you all to look across the street. You might see some faces that might be familiar to you.†Kindel smiles and points her pale slim finger over to a shabby house where Kevin gasps as he sees his family tied up in the house. Brian’s mouth drops open as he sees his wife along with the rest of his family in the house as well. Nick and A.J. blurt out a profanity as they too see their families bound to chairs screaming to be let out.

“We know about your families. Don’t be surprised. If you really are the chosen ones, then this should be a cinch for you guys. Your guns are loaded, I hope you know how to use it and don’t bother using it on me. I’m immune to the metal in that pistol.†Smiling, she leaps off the vehicle as the four guys scrambles out of it. Walking quietly in the dark night, they reach the back of the blood bank.

A.J. grumbles and shakes his head, “Did you see that? My mom was was yelling for help! I can’t do this you guys!†He whispers almost in an panic.

Nick sighs nervously and nods his head, “I’m scared too A.J. It’ll be alright. If we do this, we’ll be clear and save our families.â€

A.J. passes his hands through his disheveled hair as he sighs and does a quick glance over at the building where the shadows of the innocent lives are waiting to be saved. ‘It’ll be ok mom. I won’t let anything happen to you.’ He thinks to himself as he focuses on the what Kindel is doing.

Kindel leads the group behind a large bush and wait for silence. Once the group was settled and safely out of security’s view, she notices the guards surrounding the building and sees a metal ladder on the side of the brick building. “We gotta get up there but there’s too many guards.†Kindel whispers. Placing a finger over her mouth, she tells the guys to be quiet. Kindel grabs a silencer from Kevin’s gun belt and points it at the eight men that stood watching the back area of the bank. Shooting at their direction, two men gasps in silence and collapse on the floor dead, while the three of them are badly wounded. The other three run out in hysteria and start shooting all around them. A bullet gazes pass Kindel as she steps out the bush she was hiding in and shoots directly at the three men. The silent bullets slam on the three men as they reel over and die quietly. The three wounded ones were struggling to stand up and scream but stopped the moment Kindel steps into the hazy orange lights coming from the building and out the shadows. She smiles, her fangs gleaming brightly. “Shhhh, guys, you make too much noise.†She whispers softly aiming her pistol at them. “I have some friends and I need you to be quiet ok. No screaming.â€

One of the guards open his mouth to yell out, he couldn’t believe he was standing before some fanged woman. He needed back up and now, just as he was about to yell out, he felt the slam of a copper bullet crash into his throat. He gags and shakes before slumping dead on the ground. The other two cry out and shake their heads, “Please don’t kill us. I don’t want to die.†One of the guards whispers.

Kindel smirks and shakes her head, “I can’t stand it when men beg. Makes you look weak.†She watches as both of the guards aim their pistols at her. “Go ahead. Shoot me. I dare ya.â€

Both guards shot their guns as the bullets slam into Kindel’s body, not afflicting her in any way. Kindel smiles as the guards shake in fear, they couldn’t kill her. What was she that she could withstand bullets? Kindel walks over to them and lifts one of them by the neck. With her other free arm, she slams the other guard against the wall and rips into his neck, draining him of his blood.

Brian gasps as A.J. shakes his head, “Oh God! What the hell is going on?!†He whispers out.

Kevin and Nick peer at Kindel as she finishes off the man that she held in the air by breaking his neck. Once the body slumps quietly on the ground, she turns and calls the Boys over to her. Kevin shaking, looks at his three friends and leads them out over to her. Once they climb the ladder, they stand on the roof of the building. Kindel smiles and waves to the SUV below them. “I’ll be waiting. Sorry about what you had to see earlier on. You now have twenty-nine minutes left Boys. I’ll be waiting in the van. If you don’t make it out on time, I’ll give the cue to have your loved ones die before you. Let’s hope you can this. K?â€

A.J. hisses out and was about to smack her but Kevin caught on and grabbed A.J.’s arm before any harm was done. Kindel giggles and waves, “See ya down there hopefully. Meet me in the SUV when you’re done. And Boys… good luck!†With that she fades into the darkness and disappears.

‘That little bi…†A.J. was about to say but Kevin cuts him off.

“Through the grate then right?†Kevin asks, as Brian pulls out a small knife and kneels over the grate.

“Whoa wait. Its easier to cut through the roof and head down.†Nick states, tugging on the metal machine cutter that Brian handed to him.

“Whatever, we gotta do this fast.†A.J. whispers as he holds the machine down while Kevin pushes the on bottom. The small rumble of the machine begins cutting through the roof as patience was wearing thin on all of them. Brian and Nick nervously gaze around the roof and smile when they saw a glitter of what seemed like a window inches below on the side of the building.

“Bingo.†Brian whispers as the metal cutter stops.

“What is it?†Kevin asks as he follows Brian’s view.

A.J. chuckles, “She never said we couldn’t go through the window now did she?â€

“Nope, its an open invitation. I say let’s go.†Nick states smiling.

And the four of them head off the edge to climb down to the window ledge.
~*~

Baal hears the crackling of his walkie talkie go off as he hears Hades saying something about stealing blood and the new guys. Baal grips the walkie talkie in his large muscular cinnamon hands and lifts it up to his ear. “Hades, where are you?â€

“He’s doing fine. I’m here.†Demetrius states, his tall figure towering over Baal. A cool breeze flutters through his dark black hair.

Baal smiles and salutes Demetrius, “Oh hey. I didn’t think you would make it here.â€

“I did. Their here, I can smell them.†Demetrius states as he gazes up at the blood bank.

“Yeah, Kindel is waiting for them in the van. They were dropped off about five minutes ago. I think there was some problems, I saw Kindel killing off a few guards to get the guys up on the roof.†Baal whispers as he runs his fingers through his solider cut red and raven highlighted hair.

“They’ll make it. They’re the chosen ones.†Demetrius whispers a smile playing on his face.

“How do you know?†Baal asks, his dark eyes trained on the edge of the roof of the building.

“I just do. Call it a family thing. They’ll be just fine.†Demetrius whispers as he smiles watching Hades inside the building across the street where the chosen ones families were being held in. “Once they get the first taste of blood in their system, it’ll be over for them. You do still have the injections now don’t you?â€

Baal nods his head and quickly pulls out of his pocket a metal box where five needles lied in the box.

“Why five?†Demetrius whispers.

“Told to bring an extra one, just in case I missed or something.†Baal states as he hands the metal box to Demetrius. Demetrius chuckles and holds the open metal box. “When they make it out of here, just shoot them with these needles. They’ll get their first taste and then they’ll be ready.â€

Both men chuckle as they wait for the transformations to take place.
~*~

The window creaks open as Kevin shoves himself into the window and jumps down to the ground. It was a far way down and he was surprised his ankles didn’t break under the pressure.

He could see the red lasers scattered throughout the room as he gazes over to where the alarm system could be. He spots it and smiles, raising his small 9mm pistol towards the silver metal box besides a closed door. Nervously tugging on the trigger, he closes his eyes and shoots. The third shot, hits the alarm box and the red lasers blink rapidly before shutting off.

Kevin looks up to see the cheering of the other guys on the window sill.

“Alright Kevy! Since when you know how to use a gun man?!†A.J. teases as he climbs into the room and jumps down to stand next to Kevin.

“I guess all the training our guards showed us came in useful huh?†Kevin whispers, gulping softly. He couldn’t even believe he was here, stealing and breaking and entering a public institution. He hoped to God so much that he doesn’t get caught. His life as while as his wife and family depended on it. He couldn’t believe those vampires would stoop so low and bring all their family as bait to lure them into this. He stands there in the storage room, the cold air enveloping them as Nick drops from the window to join them.

“Come on Brian, we need you to start collecting too.†Kevin whispers as Brian shakes his head from the window sill.

“Rok, jump down. Hurry up. We have about seventeen minutes to do this!†A.J. yells hoarsely.

Brian gazes down from the window and grips the window sill tightly in his hands. “I can’t jump! Its too far up!†Quivers Brian as he nervously scans the floor below him.

“Damn, he’s scared of heights man. I gotta bring him down here.†Kevin whispers as A.J. and Nick quietly and quickly move to the metal cabinets that align the white walls of the room. They pull open the cabinets and see rows of blood vials carefully placed in a tray. A.J. starts shoving the vials one by one into the small slots that his pants have as Nick does the same in the cabinet besides him. “We need one O negative and AB positive in this whole mess, K?†A.J. whispers to Nick as they both continue to shove vials into the slots. They were close to panicking, they couldn’t believe they were doing this whole mess to save the lives of their loved ones.

Kevin sighs and pulls out a small rope with a metal hook at the end and swings it up to the window. It latches onto the window as Brian quickly slides down the rope and runs to a cabinet quickly filling it with the blood vials. They all manage to fill up all their slots and climb out the rope with two minutes remaining. In quiet fear, Brian thought that they were too late. They race out the window and climb down to the ground without miraculously getting caught. They race towards the black SUV with a minute ticking away as their heart race. The vehicle’s door opens as Kindel smiles and steps out the SUV. Walking towards them, she counts the blood vials and places them into two large wooden crates in the back of the SUV. “Wow, just in time. Nice. Just wait right here. K. I’ll be right back. Gotta let the others know, you guys did it and we’ll release your family ok?†And with that races off, leaving the four confused and anxious.

Nick leans on the back of the SUV as Kevin paces quietly. A.J. sighs and crosses his arms over his chest while Brian scratches the side of his head nervously.

Suddenly Kevin hisses and grabs his arm. The other three gather around their wounded friend as Kevin yanks out what seems like a needle that had been penetrated into his arm. It was dripping with his blood as the small tube of blood on the needle had already injected into his body. Kevin gasps and clutches his chest as he drops to his knees. The other guys were so preoccupied with Kevin that they didn’t realize that they themselves were shot at too, the blood vials injected into them as well.

“Oh man, no! Kevin, Damn! Speak to us! What are you feeling?†A.J. yells out as Kevin drops his head into his hands and begins shaking violently.

“Oh God, is he having some seizure or attack?†Nick asks as Kevin stops shivering and closes his eyes. With the help for the guys, they stand him up. Kevin kept his eyes close as he hisses out, that he’s ok.

“That didn’t look ok? What’s going on? Someone shot you?†Brian whispers as he rolls the sleeve up on Kevin’s arm to see the wound.

“I feel fine. Great in fact.†Kevin whispers happily as he opens his eyes.

Nick gasps and A.J. shakes his head, “Oh no! Oh hell no!†He screams out as the white in Kevin’s eyes became filled with red. Kevin smiles as two fangs protruded from his mouth.

Nick chokes out and backs away: screaming that he’s one of them one now.

“Shut up Nick!†A.J. seethes out. “You wanna get caught!?â€

“We have to get out of here. What happened to Kevin is only a sign. Let’s get out of here now!†Brian whispers in a panic as he grabs Kevin’s arm in fear and drags the taller man.

“But what about our family?†Nick asks nervously.

A.J. pats Nick’s shoulder and points to the building in time to see all the family members released and in good condition. “They’ll be ok, trust me. But we have Kevin to worry about. He’s feeling ill.â€

“How about more like dead.†Nick hisses as he watches the transformations take over Kevin. Kevin smiles as the fangs gleam brightly. Over all he besides his eyes he looks normal. Nothing seriously abnormal about him.

“This is what they said would happen to us.†Brian whispers as along with Nick boards Kevin onto the SUV.

“Lucky our little red haired wench is stupid enough to leave the key still in the ignition.†A.J. states as he slides into the leather driver’s seat. Brian stood in the back seat with Kevin as Nick hops into the passenger seat next to A.J.

“They’re ok.†Brian whispers softly as he sees his wife and relatives being boarded safely into taxi’s ready to take them home.

“Should we at least go and see how their doing?†Nick asks worriedly.

“No time little buddy. We’ll call them later tonight. I don’t think it would be good for them to see Kevin in this condition. And if he’s like this, I’m only worried about what will happen to us later on.†A.J. states as Kevin lies passed out in the back seats.

Brian gulps and brushes Kevin’s hair, “Just go, please. He’s family to me and I can’t lose him ok?†Brian whispers out, his shaking hand touching Kevin’s sudden pale face.

A.J. nods and turns the key, speeding off down the road.

“Where should we go?†Brian asks in a panic.

“The hospital that’s where.†A.J. states, as he sees Brian and Nick from the corner of his eyes yanking something from their back and leg.

“Guys, did you get shot too?†A.J. whispers nervously.

Brian nods his head as he passes out in the passenger seat while Nick slumps in besides him. A.J. gasps and with one arm on the steering wheel, he uses his free hand to tap Nick’s cheek, “Alright guys, come on. Wake up. Don’t do this to me. I’m not in the mood for a joke right now. Really bad timing on this ok?†He whispers. Turning to look at Brian passed out, he noted a needle sticking out of his own shoulder. Shocked, he yanks it out and stares at it confused. Shaking his head, he turns to face the road and suddenly a strange luring rather sleep mood embraces him. He fights hard to maintain staying awake, but soon found himself in its grasp. Yanking his eyes open, he feels his body give up and he slumps forward on the wheel just in time to see the SUV careening towards oncoming traffic.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Boys Club by Jamelet
“The Blood Pactâ€

**~Boys Club~**

A.J. gradually opens his eyes as he hears the windshield wipers squeaking across the front window. He feels a stinging shock zoom down his spine as he reaches to touch his left temple. He feels the cold blood touch his fingers and looks around to notices the other three: Brian, Nick and Kevin, knocked out since the crash. It seemed that when A.J. was getting drugged from the injected needle that was thrown at him and the others, he lost control of the SUV and crashed into a tree. He was lucky the roadside was vacant and no one else was injured or involved. All around them seemed like a vacant road with trees aligning both roadsides. The silver moon light lights up the dark black sky as the soft breathing of the others in the vehicle blend in. He wearily tries to sit up from the driver’s seat but noted the stained seat was crushed and folded forward, blocking him from escape. Other than the injury on his temple, he seemed fine. Nothing else seemed to be bothering him as he struggles and fights his way out of the driver’s seat, steadily walking over to Nick who was sitting besides him, head down on the head board of the vehicle.

“Nick?†A.J. croaks out as the smell of his own metallic blood was making his stomach grumble with queasiness. A.J. kindly places a hand on Nick’s shoulder as Nick moans softly and attempts to sit up. He winces in pain and stares at A.J.

“Oh man, this is not the way to go. I thought I was gonna die with a hot chick in my arms.†Nick mumbles as he tries to sit up and get up from his seat.

A.J. smirks, “Easy there. You banged your head up pretty good. Don’t wanna let the rest of your intelligence flow out of there.†He whispers sarcastically as Nick glares at him.

“Oh man, Brian?! Kevin?! How are the guys?†Nick shouts standing up and stumbling over to where a heap lied in the back. Brian and Kevin both moaned as they crawl over to where Nick was standing in the SUV.

“Nick, is that you buddy? I thought we were dead or something.†Brian rasps as Kevin feels for the roof of the vehicle and stands up.

“Kevin, you’re ok!†Brian and A.J. shouts out.

“Ah yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?†Kevin whispers confused as he touches his head painfully. “Who was driving? A.J. it was you right? ‘Cause this looks like your work.†He hears the snicker of the other two as A.J. growls.

“Be lucky you’re all ok man. We crashed into a tree. I was trying to get you to a hospital but it looks like we all were shot as well and I was knocked out. Lucky the tree stopped us.†A.J. states as Kevin smiles.

“Ya, we’re alright. Thanks. I’m surprised this vehicle is still intact. Just a few broken pieces on the front window and that’s about it. Think I can drive now?†Kevin asks as his weary emerald eyes cloud over in sudden pain. He doubles over as the others surround him and get him out the SUV. They all step onto the ground as Kevin kneels over and begins regurgitating the last meal he had ingested. Brian watches on as Nick leans on the side of the SUV doubling over in pain.

“Oh geez Nick, what’s wrong?†Brian asks as A.J. helps Kevin back on his feet.

Nick holds his stomach as he gasps out in pain, “Oh God! Holy…†He stops mid-sentence as he coughs. Suddenly Nick drops his head into his palms as he begins shaking.

“Oh no! Not this. Is he having some attack or something?†A.J. whispers as he and Kevin make their way over to Nick. Nick slumps back on the side of the van, his eyes closed for a minute.

“Take deep breathes buddy. What are you feeling like?†Kevin asks, ignoring his own pain as he kneels down and places his hands on Nick’s shoulders. Suddenly Nick’s eyes snap open as he grabs Kevin’s throat with his hands and begins choking him. “NICK! STOP IT!†Brian yells as A.J. and Kevin both try to push Nick away.

“Whoa, Nick your eyes!†A.J points out as Nick was slammed on the side of car by Brian.

Nick growls, his blood filled eyes gaze over at the three band mates. “What? Don’t like my new look?†He smirks as the two fangs emerge from his mouth.

“D, dude! You’re a freak. You’re a vampire!†A.J. chokes out as Kevin falls onto his knees and buries his head into his arms. Brian and A.J. watch as Kevin cries out before he takes a deep breath and raises his head up to look at the others.

Brian’s mouth drops open, “This isn’t good.â€

“You think?†A.J. yells back, glaring at the transformed man before him. Kevin stands up and smiles, the two fangs gleaming under the silver moonlight, as the blood filled irises glow back at them, the emerald blending in with the red.

Brian gasps as he drops to his knees, “Ahhh, it hurts.â€

“What’s going on?!†A.J. shrieks as he feels his legs give up, dropping him on his knees. The intense burning sensation races through his veins as if he could feel blood that was injected into him flow through his entire body. It seemed to be a fire starting up in his body as his heart races a mile a minute. He breaks into a sweat and closes his eyes tightly hoping the pain would leave. And as fast as the pain entered his body was as fast as it left.

“A.J. how you feeling?†Kevin whispers. A.J. keeping his head on his lap, smiles and stands up.

“Doing good. So now what?†A.J. grins, licking his lower lip and touching the fangs that made its appearance.

“I have an idea.†Brian whispers as he sniffs the air. “I can smell them. Howie is around here somewhere. Why don’t we visit him?â€

The other three chuckle and laugh as they nod and walks down the road towards a warehouse a mile down.
~*~

Cabal finishes loading the gun and hands it to Nemesis who places it into a large black gym bag. Damaris cleans the blood soaked swords with a napkin as Howie watches and sits besides her nervously.

“So ah, Howie right?†Cabal smiles, turning to face his direction.

Howie chews on the inside of his cheek and nods his head.

“What do you think of all this?†Cabal extends his hand to show the interior of the run down warehouse.

“Ahh, nice. Dark and creepy: just like you.†Howie whispers as Nemesis burst out laughing. Damaris hides her grin as Cabal snorts.

“I’ll let that pass me cause I know you’re scared.†Cabal sneers as Howie shrugs and stares at the dusty ground. The dim lighted warehouse stood tall with broken planks and crates littered around the sides of the warehouse. Howie’s ears perk at the moaning and groaning of the dead zombies banging and walking around the perimeter of the warehouse.

Damaris sighs and throws another weapon into the bag, “Get off him Cabal. I’d be scared too with those things out there ready to eat me.â€

“Off and I’ll stay off.†Cabal mutters, tucking away a sword into the side belt of his pants. “Howie can you defend yourself by any chance?â€

Howie gulps, “Why?â€

“Well if those things break in here, we might be too busy to watch over you. And you’ll need to protect yourself.†Cabal whispers seriously as he hands Howie a pistol.

Howie nods his head and grabs the magnum Nemesis gave him, “Nemesis showed me some moves so I think I can defend myself.â€

“Good. That’s what I want to hear.†Cabal whispers as a sudden creaking coming from inside the top shelf of the warehouse resounded.

“Shhh, someone’s in here.†Nemesis whispers: aiming her magnum at the sound. A shadow figured scurries around the top wooden plank near the roof as Cabal narrows his eyes and steps in the center of the dim lighted warehouse. He listens as a chuckle from whatever managed to enter the warehouse creates.

Damaris and Nemesis surround Howie and aim their magnums at the shadowed figure.

“What is that?†Howie whispers loudly.

“I think it wants to play with you.†Nemesis giggles, pushing Howie towards the center, “Go play with it. I’m sure it wants you.â€

Cabal stops and sniffs the air angrily turning to the girls. Growling, he stands between the girls and sniffs, stopping in front of Damaris.

“Something’s drawing them here. Don’t lie to me Damaris, are you?†He says, leaving the incomplete sentence to wonder around Howie’s mind.

Snorting Damaris rolls her eyes, “Am I what? Bleeding?†She hisses as Cabal growls, grabbing her arm trying to find the cut.

“You won’t find the cut. I can’t stop nor help the blood that’s coming out of me.†Damaris hisses as Nemesis giggles.

“Really Cabal, you should know better. You are traveling with two women after all.†Nemesis whispers with a smug look on her face.

Howie smiles as he realizes what the conversation was about, “You forgot there’s a creature in here.†Howie whispers as the shadow creeps closer to them.

Cabal turns around and shoots, missing the creature. Nemesis and Damaris gaze at each other and nod, giving each other the signal to break and run to either side of the warehouse. They hide behind the crates and boxes and start shooting at the running shadowed figure. Cabal smiles and leaps up in the center of the warehouse where most of the light was at. The circle of white light beamed down on him as the white light bulb swings listlessly above him.

The hissing and groaning seemed to get louder as Howie backs away and hits the wooden plank walls of the warehouse. Howie nervously points his gun in front of him as the hissing comes closer. Suddenly as the shadowed figure was about to leap at him, it was shot directly by Cabal and Nemesis. The creature screams out and collapses dead near the dim lighted center of the warehouse. Cabal inches closer and takes one final shot at the creature to make sure it was dead. Cabal narrows his eyes as recognition comes into place. Damaris and Nemesis stays near Howie as Cabal lifts the vampires head.

“Hades. Should have known your stupid behind would be the first to die. Always in a rush to stop everything around you.†Cabal whispers, lifting the short spiky red headed vampire to his lap. Hades mouth leaks a trail of crimson blood as his eyes stared glassy eyed at Howie’s direction. A human shadow from outside covered the small dim lighted circle in the center of the warehouse. Damaris stands up and creeps over to one of the barred up windows to see a shadow of four people staring at her direction.

“Umm, uh guys. I think the guys found us.†Damaris whispers as Nemesis peers over one of the black barred metal bars that sealed the window.

Smiling, Nemesis nods her head, “Well good, this is nice. Saves me from having to find their fine looking behinds. Let’s go get them. There’s some zombies out there that can get to them if we’re not careful.â€

Damaris grabs Nemesis’s lean snowy arm, “I don’t think that’s a good idea. I don’t think they’re like us anymore.†She whispers nervously, her light brown eyes clouded in worry.

Howie gulps and shakes his head, “I’m going to get them! Nothing is wrong with them, they need our help and I’m gonna let them know we’re in here!â€

Cabal grabs Howie and pushes him to the wall, “No you won’t do such a thing! You’ll stay here. Do you hear me! Damaris is right, your friends aren’t well anymore. They’re part of the vampire clan now. They’ve changed.â€

Howie roughly pushes away from Cabal and yells, “Who the hell do you think you are to say that about my friends?! They need our help!â€

“Listen to him Howie. He knows what he’s talking about. If they weren’t part of the vampires, the zombies would have attacked them already.†Nemesis whispers, her golden locks tied tightly in a small braided bun as she turns the caliber of her gun and tucks it away.

Howie gulps and stares out the window to see the shadows of his four friends. He lost them forever if they turned against them and nothing can be done to change their friends mind.
~*~

Kevin stands in the center of his friends, his black leather jacket billows in the harsh cold wind as he keeps his eyes trained on the window where only a minute ago, he saw the two women staring at him. “Looks like we’ll camp out here tonight. I want to surprise them, let them know we’re all ok.â€

Nick smiles and nods his head as the four disappear into the darkness, waiting for daylight to approach for the group inside the warehouse to make their appearance.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Hunting Season by Jamelet
A/N: Hey I’m back with a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it and please try to leave a review, it helps me out as an author. Thanks so much!

“The Blood Pactâ€

**~Hunting Season~**

Kindel giggles as she watches the black SUV sped away with the Chosen Ones in it. Laughing, she keeps her emerald orbs upon on the vehicle until it disappeared from view. Smiling, she turns to see Baal wiping his hands on his cargo pants grinning, showing with his eyes that the family was safe and out of harms way.

“You have to admit, it was pretty cruel kidnapping their families. I know one of them will open their mouths and tell.†Baal states deeply watching Demetrius disappear into a dark alleyway.

“Yeah but it was the only way. Now they should be changed. They gotten their first taste of blood and their transformation should be complete by now.†Kindel laughs as she twirls a pistol in her hands, her neck length flaming locks brush pass her cheeks from the cold gentle wind.

Baal smiles and watches quietly down the vacant streets as screams and bodies of innocent people collapse on the ground before them, changing into sick un-living zombies.

A sharp whistle disturbs them and they look up towards a roof to see Nairobi waving at them.

“Wonder what she wants?†Baal whispers, his cinnamon complexion glittering in the silver moonlight. His red tipped raven hair blows in the wind as they make their way over to the roof curious to see what will happen next.

“Just curious, do you know what those Boys are up too?†Baal asks as they cross the street and begin to ascend to the roof of the blood bank from the black staircase on the side.

“Probably tracking down their master. Then they’ll need to feed.†Kindel states, jumping over the stairs and landing squarely on the roof top.

Baal raises his eyebrows and chuckles, “Their master? Ha, Cabal?â€

Kindel smirks and remains silent, giving him a knowingly look as if to simply say she knows and she’s not telling.

“Whatever, we gotta start hunting, I’m hungry.†Baal mutters as Nairobi nods her head in agreement and responds:

“Couldn’t have agreed with you more.†She whispers and places her palms on Kindel and Baal, leading them away from the arriving police and security that was at ground level. They escape into the darkness from once they came from.
~*~

Kevin drums his fingers on the counter as his other three band mates settle on bar stools besides him. A bartender approaches them and asks if they wanted to order anything. A.J. looks at the group and nods his head, ordering for the group. He along with the others decided that they needed to get something to eat and caught some rest. They knew where Howie was, somehow their senses became elevated so much and are easily able to track down Howie no matter where he was at. So they decided for now to just wait and get Howie when the time was right. Their changes have slowly taken over their personalities as they realize they were losing heart and becoming as cold hearted as their enemies. Yet for Kevin, it was something he can’t control nor ignore.

“Kev, Kev, yo hoo buddy. You ok?†Brian asks turning to peer at Kevin.

Kevin shakes his head and stands up, “Listen guys, I’ll be right back. K?†And he begins making his way out the small bar.

“Where you going?†Nick shouts, his concern edging its way into his speech.

“Somewhere.†Kevin mumbles to himself, exiting the bar. He walks down the block, his gaze on the cement sidewalk. The only sound was his footsteps coming from each step he takes, the peaceful somber night embracing him. He continues his walk, his ears straining to hear a woman giggle and whisper. Stepping slowly into a small garden where a pond was located, Kevin spots the woman throwing pieces of bread into the calm still pond.

He stops inches away from the woman hiding within the shadows of the trees and watches on, memorized by the delicate swift moves the woman creates as she lets the small article of food fly out of her hands and into the pond, crashing its serene appearance. Kevin keeps his gaze at the pond feeling a rather connection to it. To him that still pond sort of reflected his soul and the moment anything touched it, it send ripples through him, fighting to stay control yet failing to stop it.

“I didn’t know people came by here this late in the night.†The raven haired young woman whispers, noticing Kevin’s silhouette.

“Yeah, I’m one of the strange few.†Kevin whispers politely, his eyes trained on her as he moves out of the shadows and into her presence.

“What’s a man like you doing around this area all alone?†The young woman asks, her raven curls caress her snowy cheeks.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. I just wanted to get away.†Kevin whispers as he stands inches away from the woman.

The woman smiles and scoots over on the wooden bench, “Well there’s room for one more, if you want to sit.â€

“Thanks.†And Kevin sits besides her, staring at the quiet water reflecting the soft silver light. A few stray ducks quack happily in the night as they near the shore, eating the small bread tossed at them.

“What’s your name?†The woman asks him as she smiles at his direction.

Kevin smirks and shrugs his shoulders, “Kevin. And you?â€

“Alyssa.†The woman whispers as the gentle breeze flutters through her hair.

Kevin’s senses begin increasing as he hears the soft breaths escape Alyssa’s mouth. ‘God what’s going on?’ He thinks to himself as the woman’s scent was invading his nostrils. She smelled of citrus and flowers and her blood flow was steadily coursing down her body. Kevin grips his stomach as it lets out a low grumble. Alyssa smiles while Kevin feeling a bit self-conscious: gazes up at her clear grey eyes.

“Sorry, I forgot to eat.†Kevin whispers embarrassed.

“That’s ok. I have some leftover bread if you’re interested. The ducks can wait if you really need the food.†Alyssa whispers, placing a toasted slice of bread into Kevin’s palm.

Kevin shakes his head and hands it back to her, “No forget it, thanks it’s alright.â€

“You sure?â€

“Yeah.†Kevin whispers as he nears her. He was only a mere centimeters away from her as he breathes in her excitement. She seemed so alive to him, something that he once had but now barely recalled. She doesn’t move away nor inch closer to him as Kevin smiles and lightly places a kiss on her cheek.

She jerks back and smiles, “What, whoa. I don’t know about this. I don’t even know you.â€

“Yeah you do. I told you my name. You know me.†Kevin deeply whispers out as his lust of blood pulsated through his veins.

“We can’t kiss.†Alyssa whispers nervously, brushing away his hand that touched her cheek.

“Alyssa you’re so beautiful. Did anyone tell you that? I’ll be a gentleman and ask. Can I kiss you? Let me taste you.†He whispers, his breath intoxicating her as she just stares in silence.

Kevin places his lips upon her soft cheek and gives her gentle peck. He hears her sigh as he continues to kiss her, lowering his kisses until he reached her neck. In his mind, he was screaming “STOP! WHAT I’M DOING? I CAN’T KILL HER!†Yet, he reached the vital part of her neck where the vein throbs with her rich blood. Kevin tries to control himself and stop his actions but his soul failed to reach the message as his fangs protrude from his mouth and enter her neck. It rips into the soft flesh smoothly as a fresh batch of blood sprays into his mouth, fulfilling the hunger that had consumed him. He swallows the life line down his throat, wetting his dry throat with the blood his body so desired. He throws his arms around her shoulders and lures her closer to him as he begins sucking on the open wound in her throat.

The woman in shock let out a small scream and begins gurgling on what Kevin assumed was her own blood. He wanted to stop, needed to stop to save this woman’s life but to no avail, his body was out of his control as the taste of blood embraces his sanity and intense senses. After drinking the dark liquid for a few minutes, he could feel the weight of Alyssa’s body get heavy as she collapses dead into his arms. Kevin pulls away from her throat and gasps at the revelation of his actions. He chokes out, “NO! NO! How could I have done this?!†He whispers yet he feels a small smile on his lips, the fresh blood course through his body, bringing his body back to a form of life. He felt rejuvenated and replenished. He backs away from her and leaps out the bench, staring at the dead corpse. He couldn’t believe it, she was dead and he was responsible for it. How could he have done such a thing? It wasn’t like him and it was out of his control yet he craved to do more and decided that instead of going back to the bar to join his friends, he needed to get out and do some more hunting. This is more like a part of him, he needed to replenish his on going increase thirst and was surprised that the soft metallic taste did wonders to his body. He thought the moment the crimson liquid touched his mouth that he would gag at the taste, but instead found it sweet to the tongue and it drew him to his ultimate high. He needed to get that feeling back into his system. He knew no matter how hard he tried to resist the evil that now prowled within his system, he couldn’t stop it. He was becoming what he feared all his life, a killer. And nothing was going to stop it, but he hoped that he can withhold it long enough to find out what was going on with him and his friends.
~*~

A.J. flips open a booklet and hear Brian’s drumming on the dining counter of the corner café booth they were resting at.

“Relax, Rok. Kev will come back. He’s probably taking a walk, couldn’t blame him really with all the stuff we’re going through.†Nick mumbles, sighing worriedly.

“Ya, you’re right. Kev wouldn’t walk out of this. We gotta find out what the deal is with us.†Brian whispers softly as customers passed by their booth, hoping people wouldn’t hear their conversation.

“A.J. points to the open page and eyes the guys, “Check this out. This book seems to be talking about that ruby relic Kevin mentioned to us.†A.J. points to an open page where something caught his eye. “What’s there to figure out, we’re vampires now and we have to kill to keep us living.†A.J. growls wearily, slamming the booklet down in the center of the table.

Brian snorts, “Gee, thanks Alex for the comforting words.†He whispers sarcastically as he peers at the page showing off the relic.

Nick glances down and smiles, “Wait, all that big deal for a little cheesy jewelry, man I thought it was big rock we had to get a hold of.†Nick grabs the magazine holding it in his hands examining the picture.

Brian narrows his light eyes and scans the page over, “Whoa, I’ve seen that jewelry before. Howie has it on his ring. It’s a small ring but now that I think about it, he has the jewelry.â€

“Oh God! What are you sure?†A.J. hisses, “We gotta find D now!â€

“Yeah, I’m sure, he said he bought it at a thrift store he went with you. Send it was the only thing he liked there and bought it.â€

Nick leans back in the red booth and gulps, “Ok, so it can’t be the one then. You can’t just buy it at a store now can you?â€

“It has to be, no other jewelry has the same exact relic emblazoned with gold lettering on the silver ring. But Howie’s does, meaning it’s the one.†Brian points to the picture in the center of the magazine in front of them.

“Ahhh, but if he has it then…†Nick wonders off as Brian finishes off the sentence, “He has the power and that could mean that…â€

Nick interrupts and stares at Brian as an idea hits him, a grin tugging in the corners of his mouth.

Brian glances at Nick and finally understood the hidden message that crossed Nick’s face and he feels a smile on his face. “Well, what a surprise. Howie’s more important to us than anything. How intriguing.†He whispers, rubbing his finger on his lips, over the small fangs that poked beneath his gums.

A.J. gazes at both guys in confusion, “Uhhhh, yeah, listen. Can you explain this? I don’t get the whole thing, So Howie has the ring? What about it? We’ll just talk him into giving the stupid gem to the freaks and we get the hell out here and move on with our lives.â€

Brian laughs along with Nick as he explains the new discovery and about Howie’s importance, pieces to the puzzle were fitting in and things were eerily starting to make sense and it wasn’t with good results.
~*~

Howie sighs and leans back on the hard planks: he tugs on the thin cotton blanket over him and uncomfortably fixes the sleeping bag he’s on. His body cries out in the discomfort. His eyes stare up at the rickety warehouse ceiling as he hears the deep soft breathing of Nemesis and Damaris sleeping soundly besides him. Howie fingers a ring on his finger as he sighs and tries once again to close his eyes and get some sleep.

“Not tired I see.†Cabal’s voice cuts into his thoughts. Howie snaps open his eyes to see Cabal peering down on him. “I know this isn’t the five star hotel you’re so used to sleeping in but this will have to do.â€

“I’m not complaining.†Howie whispers nervously.

“You don’t have too. I can tell you’re uncomfortable. You can keep me company then if you can’t sleep. I’m not really tired, I don’t really need much sleep, two to four hours and I’m good to go.†Cabal states, swinging a double edge sword professionally, the sword inches away from Howie’s cheek.

“Uhhh, well. That’s good to know.†Howie softly states, his dark eyes watching Cabal tuck away the sword and sticking out his hand to help Howie onto his feet.

“So uhhh, what do we do? I mean where will we go from here?†Howie whispers standing up and fixing his dusty beige cargo pants.

Cabal sighs and shakes his head, “I want to stop Liam and Demetrius. I can get you guys out of here and out the boundaries to safety by morning, then I’ll go after them.â€

“And you want to do that by yourself?†Howie asks.

“Yeah, you guys could die if you go with me.†Cabal whispers, pulling out a magnum and reloading it.

“But my friends are with them! I have to be there and get them out of here as well!†Howie whispers loudly.

Cabal raises his hands in the air and nods, “Look I understand your concern, but I have way too much to do. Innocent lives are dying with the water.â€

“But the water is purified already!†Howie chokes out feeling overwhelmed.

“Yes you’re right and you’re all lucky to have your friends and family still living and doing well. But there are a lot of others who weren’t so fortunate. I have to stop them as well as get to Liam.†Cabal whispers, taking out an empty shell of bullets and replacing it with a fresh load of full bullets into his pistol.

“Can you handle all that?†Howie whispers out, a sob escaping him as he chokes back the possibility that his friends are serious danger.

Cabal sighs and nods his head, “Yeah. I know you’re scared. But don’t worry, you’ll be ok. I’ll see to that.â€

“Thanks.†Howie mutters out, a sudden chill sweeps down his spine as he clutches his arms across his chest.

“No problem, little buddy.†Cabal whispers but was interrupted by a loud crashing coming from the windows above them. Damaris and Nemesis jolts from their sleep and nervously and anxiously reach for a weapon to protect themselves with.

Three zombie like creatures landed on the warehouse ground ready to pounce and shred whatever it could get it hands on. Howie gulps and backs away, “Oh man, not again!â€

Damaris glances up to see a tall shadow that seemed familiar to her, “Yo, Nem, tell me who you think that is?â€

Nemesis raises her emerald sapphire orbs curiously at the broken roof, “Isn’t that Kevin?â€

“That’s what I thought.†Damaris states, her dark chocolate locks tumble over her shoulders.

Cabal raises his magnum at the shadow and releases a row of bullets. The silhouette on the roof disappears immediately as Howie sighs and grips his knuckles, hiding the ring that seemed to be calling all the evil to him.

Cabal blasts his magnum at the three zombies that were clawing at him, he quickly disposed of the creatures with a shot from his weapons as they keel over dead, splattering its reeking liquid on him.

Damaris gags at the sight while Nemesis in curiosity kneels over at the dead fallen zombies collecting its blood samples. Cabal sighs and clutches his chest, “Girls, you carrying any back up?â€

Damaris sighs and nods her head, “Yeah, I think so. We were so supposed to drop off a package of blood tubes to Demetrius but never got around to it when we walked out.†She states searching through the large gym bag for the product.

“In all honestly, I thought you were girls were bluffing.†Cabal states, wiping his magnum as the oozing reeking yellow blood spills out on the ground, condenses into the dirt. Nemesis steps into the bloody pulp and peers at the dead creature on the ground.

“Yeah well we weren’t. You offer us freedom and we ran for it.†Nemesis states, poking with gloved hands through the pile of bloody limbs that lie scattered in front of her.

Howie gulps and watches in disgust as Nemesis pulls out a needle and injects it into the decaying limbs. She fills up the tube of the needle and stares at the yellow blood filled glass tube. “Interesting.â€

“What is?†Damaris asks, kneeling near Nemesis while Howie and Cabal inch closer to them.

“The liquid inside them. It wasn’t made from the drinking of the water only. I’ll have to run some testing on it, so I can be sure. But I think that this blood is more of a vampire type. I mean these creatures seem to be vampires that have changed, not humans.†Nemesis whispers curiously placing the yellow filled tube inside a small slot of a pocket of her laptop.

“Well, I guess that’s nice to know. Nemesis, if you’re right on your theory, that means it’ll be only a matter of time before I change.†Cabal mutters, sighing as Howie cringes.

“And as for your friends Howie, I believe their not on our side. Something could be drawing those creatures here. But how and what?†Damaris states, ruffling through a pile of wrinkle papers that lied scattered inside a manila folder in the gym bag.

Nemesis sighs and gently bumps into Howie’s hip by accident, “Oops.†Nemesis whispers seductively as Howie smirks. Damaris sighs and throws the pile of papers she was searching through in the air. The sheets flutter slowly to the dusty ground, all were faced down except one with a specific sketch drawing of an item.

Nemesis eyes spots it first and runs to the paper, lifting it up in her hands, “It’s a picture of a relic. It’s supposed to possess some form of power. Its not clearly detailed but it does state that during the early seventeenth century the relic was originally created to ward off evil. But Liam had it at one point and the usage of the relic powers were created for evil. During a battle…†Nemesis stops and notes that she had everyone’s attention and smiles before continuing, “The relic was lost and wasn’t found until recently in Germany by an American archaeologist trader where it was buried underground somewhere. The guy- Dover Bensin sold it to friend of his, who just so happens to own a store in the Florida’s estate. It’s a thrift store, it seems that the jewelry could only be touched by the chosen ones…†She gets cuts off when Damaris squeals out:

“Chosen ones! The four guys! But what does that have to do with the zombies coming here?â€

“Everything and now if you let me finish.†She smirks at Damaris as she continues to read off the paper, “The relic could be touched by the chosen ones and if one of them possesses it, then it becomes a magnet to all evil in which is drawn to it. The relic-its ruby blood filled gem was last seen as a design to format a silver ring with gold lettering on it stating in Germany -Elemental evil†She lets the paper flutter into the air.

Cabal narrows his eyes as Damaris follows his gaze to Howie’s right ring finger.

“The relic or ring now seems to be right here!†Cabal snarls as he grabs Howie’s right hand and stares at the gem. “I can’t believe you have this and you never told us!†He hisses out as Howie roughly swipes his hand away.

“Hell, if you want it, take it!†Howie squeals out and throws the ring to Cabal. Cabal ducks and watches the ring roll onto the dusty ground touching Damaris’s boots. “Hey what’s wrong? Its just a ring.â€

“We, we can’t touch it.†Nemesis whispers, “It’s designed only for the chosen ones and it seems you are one after all. Figured all those things kept following us. Its cause of you! I almost died ‘cause you had the stupid ring on you the whole time!â€

“Whoa, wait, hold on. Why can I touch it and nothing happens? This is just a coincidence, how many rings are fashioned like this! It means nothing.†Howie quickly states, the chills zooming down his spine.

“Ah sorry. This is a one of a kind. Besides, the inscription is clearly emblazoned on the ring.†Nemesis whispers, her golden locks tumble over her shoulders.

Howie walks over to the ring and picks it up staring at it, “So this is all the fuss the vampires are making. Wow. I would have never thought going shopping with A.J. would lead to this. Ok but I’m not chosen.â€

Damaris smirks, “Ahh yeah you are. Well seems you must have quite a history with the others after all. So chosen one, what do you think we should do?

Howie shrugs his shoulders, shaking his head, “No way. I’m not related to any of those things out there! I know my history, I’m not a part of them!†Howie points to the window where the zombies growled and howled waiting for them.

Cabal sneers at Howie’s direction and picks up his pistol, “Let’s go, Damaris and Nemesis, I’m dropping you off at the boundaries a mile off from here.â€

“NO! We’re staying!†Nemesis growls holding a metal fan in her hands, “I didn’t train for a fight to miss out on the main event, I’m down whether you like it or not.â€

Cabal clutches his fist tightly and nudges his head towards Damaris as if to say if she felt the same way.

“Hey, why not? I can’t get no sleep anyway with those things and not knowing the outcome of this would have driven me crazy anyway. So yeah, I’m in it too!†She whispers happily, a grin plastered on her peach face as she pulls out a .20 mm silver pistol.

Howie raises his eyebrows and sighs, “God, I’m gonna kill A.J. for taking me shopping when all this is done.â€

The girls smile at the statement when suddenly the warehouse entrance crashes open as a herd of zombies come after them. Cabal shouts to split up as he and Damaris scurry to one side of the warehouse, shooting at the oncoming zombies. Howie and Nemesis back away as she begins shooting. Howie nervously watches the zombies as one in particular notices the ring on Howie’s hands and cries out, what seemed to be “Free us!†Nemesis drops an empty pistol and grabs her metal fan, cutting up the limbs that went flying around them. The red and yellow liquid splash on them as Nemesis stabs her metal sharp edge fan into a zombie that keeled over dead. Howie hides behind Nemesis as he nervously holds a pistol in his hands.

Closing his eyes, he hears his ears pop as the loud vibrating bullet escapes from the pull of the trigger landing directly in front of zombie’s forehead. Howie gasps and cringes as the dead corpse crashes to the ground.

Damaris and Cabal clear their side of the warehouse and stand in the center waiting for Howie and Nemesis to kill off the last two zombies. “Damn. Done, my goodness. I thought they would never end.†Nemesis complains as she places her magnum away for the time being.

“Well that’s quite the adventure, isn’t it Howie?†Cabal stares at him as they head out the warehouse towards the Dark fall Society clan miles off.

Howie rolls his eyes and only hoped he could get out of here alive and find his friends before anything else freaky happened. He wanted to rest though he doubted he would get any sleep any time soon, he wanted to be in the comforts of his safety and he was no where closer to getting that any time soon.
~*~

Brian gets restless and stands up from the booth, heading towards the exit. He feels a tug on his arm and turns to see A.J. glaring at him, “Not you too. We’re still missing Kevin and I can’t have you out there. We still need to get Howie and warn him…â€

“What does it matter?†Brian cuts him off.

“Huh? Dude it matters, we warn Howie and things can get better when he hands the ring back to its original owners.†A.J. whispers annoyed as some customers whisper and stare at them strangely.

Brian sighs and shakes his head, “I’m looking for Kevin.â€

“Not by yourself you aren’t.†Nick states, standing behind A.J.

Brian smiles and nods his head, “Company is always good to have. Then let’s go. Time’s a wasting.†And they exit the bar.

The bartender snorts and rolls his eyes, wiping a wet napkin on the bar counter, “Celebrities. They always want everything for free, can’t even pay for their drinks.â€

Suddenly the bar door opens again as A.J. runs in and drops a wad of money on the counter in front of the bartender, “Sorry, I almost forgot. That should cover our drinks and tips. Thanks.†He smiles warmly and quickly exits the bar. The bartender raises his eyebrows and watches the group leave.

“Hmmm, guess I was wrong. Nice kids.†The bartender states with a smile on his face.
~*~

“Where are we heading?†Nick asks as they hurriedly walk down a few blocks.

“Find Kevin and Howie.†Brian whispers as he takes a deep breath and continues their walk.

“How though?†Nick asks as A.J. stops and grabs Nick by the shoulders,

“Smell. We’ll find them that way.â€

Nick makes a face as he sniffs the air. He stops as a strong smell of blood filters his nose. “Whoa.†He states queasy as his stomach growls.

“You smell that too huh?†A.J. asks as the smell leads them to a corner of a street where a homeless woman sat bundled in her dirty cloths.

Brian stops in front of the woman and smiles sadly at her, caressing her face as he leans in. No longer in control of his body, his fangs emerge from his mouth and lowers his fangs into her neck. He penetrates her skin as the woman cries out, struggling weakly. A.J and Nick watch and join in, as they try to fight the inner struggle. They fail as they feel their fangs poke the woman’s arm and wrist. A.J. drinks in the rich blood from the woman’s wrist as Nick takes long slow drinks from her arm. Brian pulls away from the woman as she stares deathly at them and collapses dead before them. Her skin turns an ashen pale and she drops dead before them.

Nick and A.J. pulls away from her as they stare in shock at their actions.

“What just happened?!†A.J. shrieks as they stare at the results.

Brian nervously shakes his head and backs away, his legs wobbling terribly, “We, we, we killed her!â€

A.J. shakes from the small tremors that ran through his spine suddenly. He hears footsteps getting close and pokes Nick on the side, “Lets, lets go man! Someone is coming!†And the three race down the street, disappearing into the dark.

Liam smiles at the dead woman on the ground and laughs, “Well done Boys. You’re only starting and already you’ve honed it on your skills already.†And Liam’s grey eyes glitter as he steps over the dead woman and drops a dollar into her tin can, walking away with a smile on his face.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
On The Verge by Jamelet
A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates but tada, I made it and now I present before you another chapter. Please leave a review, it helps me out as an author! Thanks so much!

“The Blood Pactâ€

**~On The Verge~**

Cabal leads the way down the road, smiling he quickly leads the small group to where he believed the vampires working alongside with the Dark Falls Society usually meet up. The place was a few miles down, but he knew the night club had to be full of the vampires swarming over the innocent victims by now.

After running down more than a few bare streets, Cabal halts and perks his ears at the on coming sound of their enemies. “Shhhh, they’re here somewhere.â€

Damaris leans near Cabal and shrugs her shoulders, “Uhhh, who’s here? Cabal we’re in the middle of no where down a road and there isn’t anything or anyone in sight.â€

Nemesis giggles and pulls out her rifle from the gym bag sniffing the air, “Hmmm…Smells like my fave odor. Zombies, man they never get old.†She whispers out and aims her rifle blindly into the dark night.

“Uh, wait. Look if they’re after us how about I just throw this stupid ring to them. I mean that’s what they want right?†Howie whispers fearfully.

Nemesis smirks and teases Howie, “Why don’t we just throw you to them? They’re hungry you know and maybe a taste of your blood might quiet them down.â€

Howie makes a shocked expression, his chocolate eyes become large and round as his mouth hangs open. “You’re kidding right?†He chokes out as Nemesis burst in laughter and nods her head,

“Uh yeah, I thought you knew me by now.â€

“Shhhhh guys, I hear it too. Cabal’s right.†Damaris hisses, raising her silver 9mm pistol in the air. Suddenly the quiet forest was interrupted by a snapping of a branch.

“Whatever it is, is heading over here.†Cabal mutters pulling out a large thick double edge sword in front of him. He grips the copper handle tightly in his hands as the moans and chuckling come closer to them.

“Damn, there’s no light around this place.†Howie whispers in a frighten voice as he searches blindly holding in his shaking hands, a small black pistol ready to blow up any vampire or zombies brains out.

“That’s the point. Vampires and zombies prefer the dark. It messes with their victims fear.†Damaris whispers as Cabal chuckles,

“Howie don’t tell me you’re afraid now. After all you’ve been through. Plus you have the ring that the vampires are drawn too.â€

“Are you saying it’s my fault these things are coming after us?†Howie yells out annoyed.

“YES!†Cabal, Damaris and Nemesis hiss out in unison.

“Fine, if they want the ring…†He begins tugging on the ruby ring in his right hand, “Then they can have it!†And he tosses the precious ring off his finger.

Cabal screams out loud as a silhouette catches the ring. The dark shadow laughs and places the ring onto its finger. Howie stands aghast as the shadow steps into the silver ray of moonlight before them. The emerald eyes glitter in the night as the tall figure gazes at the prize possession on his finger.

“Ke, Kev, Kevin?!†Howie cries out as Kevin nods his head. Nemesis steps in front of Howie, protecting the shaking man from getting hurt.

“Hey Howie. Thanks for the ring. We were looking for it. I just didn’t think you would give it to us this fast.†Kevin hisses as the fangs protrude from his mouth.

“Holy…†Howie trembles, leaving his sentence incomplete.

“That’s right D. I found my true purpose. My real being. This is what was awaiting us for the longest period. But enough of my talking I’ll see ya later. I have things to do, places to go and people to kill. Really busy night if you think about it.†Kevin hisses, his sudden ashen white complexion blends painfully with the moonlight as he disappears into the shadows of the night.

“Howie? Howie, hey Howie listen to me!†Nemesis mutters nervously, shaking him by the shoulders gently.

“Huh?†Howie gulps staring at the shadows, “What’s wrong with Kevin?â€

“I think he could go under shock, Nemesis watch over him in case of anything. We have to keep going.†Cabal distresses loudly, his eyes sadly staring at the emotionally hurt man.

Nemesis nods her head and they continue their way down the road. Suddenly a zombie creeps up behind Nemesis and grabs her waist, throwing its green decaying arm around her mouth to prevent her from screaming. Howie sniffs the air and gags turning to his side to no longer see Nemesis by his side. “Guys, guys wait! Nemesis, she’s not here with us!†Howie mutters quaking from the sudden cold and fear that embraced him. Damaris turns around and sees in the moonlight Nemesis kicking the beast straight in its jugular. The zombie groans and bends over as Nemesis pulls out a sword from behind her and slices the beast’s head straight in the center. The zombie cries out a straggled groan before its head split open, collapsing in two pieces onto the ground. A sickening splat accompanies the splattered pieces as it hits the ground. The sickly yellow and red liquid splashes onto the ground and on to Nemesis. At that point, Howie kneels over as a rising stinging feeling of his upset stomach notified him of the food that will join him on the ground. In a few, he was spitting out the last contents of his so called dinner.

As Howie raises his head, he feels himself pushed to the ground roughly as Nemesis yells out, “Stay on the ground. I got your back.†Nemesis screams out as an on coming zombie like creature rushed towards her. A few more zombies step into the clearing and begin going after Cabal who swiftly eliminated them. Damaris runs over to Howie who was curled into a ball and screams out.

“Easy there boy. Its just me.†Damaris whispers, helping Howie back up to his feet. Howie shakes as the groans of the zombies around them creep closer. Nemesis shoots a few bullets and then pulls out a metal fan, slicing it through the zombie’s limbs. She shredded the creatures that were surrounding her as her laughter echoes in the night.

‘Think she enjoys this?†Cabal smirks towards Damaris attention,

“What do you think?†Damaris giggles as she kicks away a bloody limb that went flying in her direction. After the bloody battle, the dead corpses littered the ground around them as Cabal takes a deep breath.

“Smell that?†Cabal asks cockily.

Nemesis raises her light eyebrows and smirks, “The smell of victory, always a refreshing scent.â€

“Same here girl.†Damaris whispers happily as a shaken Howie gulps and slowly stands besides Cabal.

Cabal peers over to Howie and shakes his head, “You could have kicked its behind if you wanted to, you know.â€

“I was told to stay on the ground.†Howie whispers softly feeling the boring of Nemesis’s eyes on him.

“That’s Nemesis for you. She wanted to get rid of all the zombies all by her self. Makes her feel adequate.†Cabal hisses as Nemesis flips her middle off at him.

“Don’t mind if I do. Never tried it with a human, I might be too wild for you.†Cabal talks smoothly.

Nemesis snorts, “Doubt it sweetie. You’ll be missing with the wrong kind of woman.â€

“And this is where I tell the both of you to shut up and move.†Damaris cuts in, tugging on Howie’s arm.

Cabal chuckles and continues to lead the group back down the road to continue their destination.
~*~

“Uh, uh.†Whispers Brian as he cleans off the rest of the blood stained sleeve over a sink, “I can’t do this again. We killed over five people this past hour. We got to stop doing this!†He cries out, staring at A.J. who stands there annoyed.

“Well gee Rok. That’s funny hearing that from you when only a few minutes ago you were chewing on a young woman in the club!†A.J. responds sarcastically, “Look, obviously there’s some sick thing that awaken something within us which leads us to kill. I hate the feeling but I don’t have any control over it. It’s like a second limb. Its apart of me and I need it. If it leaves I’m just an empty vessel within myself.â€

“My, that sounds like quite a deep thought you just shared with us. That’s a surprise.†Nick mumbles, getting a middle finger shown to him by A.J. as they leave the bathroom and settle in a booth in the corner of the club.

“Love ya too, J. So you think Kevin found Howie?†Nick asks leaning back on the soft red booth inside a night club called the “Shangolay.â€

“Yeah.†A.J. whispers, a smile crawling on his face as the dancers parade around the multiple metal poles, sliding and gyrating around the club.

“We lost him, he’s paying attention to the dancers rather than us.†Brian chuckles as a waitress in a red tight lace see through Chinese dress ask to take their orders.

A.J. smiles and chuckles as a dancer straddles him and gyrates a dance move on his lap. Nick rolls his eyes as A.J. pulls out a ten dollar bill and slips it between one of her lace black bra straps. The woman smiles and kisses him on the neck before sexily dancing over to another man who entered the club.

“Well…†Brian slowly says, running his fingers through his sandy reddish hair. He clears his throat as Kevin enters the club and spots them. A.J. slides over in the booth to the corner as Kevin slides in.

Kevin’s eyes lit up in glee as he wiggles his right hand to show off the ruby ring.

“What! Oh man! Kev you have it!†A.J. yells out as the others tell him to quiet down.

‘So what do you feel? Stronger or something? What does the ring to for you?†Brian asks curiously. Kevin shrugs his shoulders and pulls off the ring.

“I don’t feel any different. I guess we’ll have to find out later huh?†Kevin smirks as he places the ring in the center of the mahogany table they’re at.

“Hmmm…†Brian whispers as they all lean closer to the table and stare at the ring that would define their purpose tonight.
~*~

“Uh, uh. No way! Cabal I’m not going in!†Nemesis yells, throwing her arms in the air in distress.

“Why are you freaking out?†Howie mutters, shoving his hands down his pockets nervously.

“Um, Howie have you ever heard of this night club? This is a gentlemen’s club. You know, where there are strippers and such, taking off their clothes to entertain men.†Damaris smirks as Cabal laughs deeply. Howie blushes brightly as keeps his eyes on the ground.

“Ok, let me go through this again. You want me to go in there and be one of those trashy dancers?!†Nemesis grumbles, her sapphire emerald orbs gleaming in rage.

“It’s the only way for you girls to get in!†Cabal grumbles, “Don’t make this any harder. I’ll go set you guys up and see if they’ll take you in now.†Cabal mumbles and disappears to the front of the club.

The bright flashing red letters flash on and off as Nemesis glares at Damaris.

“What’s with the look?†Damaris asks, her petite self looking up at her friend.

“Oh like you’re all cool with this, come on girl. Don’t tell me you’re all excited to go in that club dressed like a hooch.†Nemesis mumbles crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ahem. You should check what you gotta wear when you’re performing at the club. At least the outfit I have covers more of my body.†Damaris states, twirling a thin strand of her dark chocolate locks in her hands.

“WHAT!! What did Cabal get me to wear in there?â€

“You’ll see.†Howie states, his eyes diverting away from a staring Nemesis.

Cabal comes out the back door of the club with a smile on his face, “You girls are in. The manager of the club stated to enter through this way and I’ll go get the clothes I picked out for you.â€

Nemesis sent a glare towards his direction as both women sigh and enter the doorway.

Once inside the club, the harsh lights of the back stage greeted the group. Howie and Cabal stare around, watching the strippers walking and preparing to perform. The pounding music in the front of the stage pulsated throughout the club as Cabal runs over to a row of clothes and throws them towards the girls. Nemesis growls as an army mini skirt was fling into her arms. A tight thin strap army top with rips in it was tossed towards her as Cabal appears in front of her with a pair of high black stilettos.

“Oh give me a break! You lost it you know that!†Nemesis barks at him as she rudely snatches the pair of shoes off his hands.

“I see you’re thrilled with it. There’s a dressing room in the corner over there. When you’re done, wire up. I have a head set connected to us. All you gotta go as I explained already to you is scope out the place and find the guys. Talk through the head set and let us know. I can already tell this place is full of them. The vampires have reorganized themselves here.†Cabal states handing over to Damaris a red lace cotton flowing ripped skirt that exposed part of her thigh. Damaris snorts and flings the clothes back at Cabal.

“You bugging right? That’s not gonna fit this body.†Damaris states, rolling her eyes at him.

“Not you too. Maris, please. You girls are the only way to get the info we need. We just can’t go blast through this club and kill everyone here. There’s too many innocent people caught in this place and we can’t afford mistakes.†Cabal hisses handing her the skirt and a revealing thin strapped red lace top. Damaris frowns and shakes her head as she and Nemesis walks away to change.

Howe clears his throat and sighs, “Oh, are you sure this is appropriate? This seems a little unfair to the girls. They feel so uncomfortable.â€

Cabal sighs and nods his head, “I know. But this is an undercover unit. We can’t show our faces. The guys will recognize you and they already know me. Plus I can tell Demetrius is around here somewhere.â€

Nemesis stands in the small dressing stall and staring at a mirror, grumbling at her outfit. She could not believe she was wearing such clothes or want was left of it. She was glad her mother wasn’t around to see this. She places her hands over the too short mini army skirt and high black stilettos. Her snowy complexion stood out among the green and brown and beige in the clothes. She tugs on the military colored top, adjusting the straps of the top. Series of her skin were exposed from the intentional holes in the shirt as she fixes the head set, placing the microphone inches away from her face. She closes her soft light eyes and lets her hair loose. The golden tresses fall softly on her shoulders and she places the final item- an army hat. Mumbling the entire way, she flings open the dressing stall door, knocking down a woman who fell painfully on the floor. Gasping, Nemesis apologizes and with her cheeks flushed helps the woman stand up.

“Again I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were there. Another wise I wouldn’t have done that.†Nemesis whispers softly as the woman smiles and rubs her rib cage gently.

“Its ok, I didn’t hurt myself. It’s no one fault just a mishap. Nothing to get mad at alright.†The woman whispers smiling, her costume was of a dominatrix as she picks up her black whip and steps behind the curtains ready to get on stage.

Cabal shakes his head and walks up to Nemesis, “So, I see you’re ready. I’m gonna make sure this head set should be connected to our tracer and our communication box. Just press the button on the side of your ear to talk to us if you find anything. And trust me I’ll know you’ll be using that.â€

Nemesis nods her head and sighs, “I would’ve just gone bursting through the door and shut them up but since you so…â€

“Nemesis, there are more vampires in this club than us four. We can be dead in a matter of minutes if we did that.†Cabal states as Nemesis gazes at him with a smirk on her face.

“And you’re supposed to be what?†Nemesis asks, her finger pointing at him and Howie.

“Just customers. We have a pair of shades and hat. Nothing big. Plus I’m donned in the finest leather this place has to offer.†Cabal smiles, standing proudly. As Howie places a pair of shades over his own eyes.

“Nemesis when you hear the name Sergeant Mistress, that’s your cue to go on. That’s what your name is in the costume.†Cabal whispers enjoying the shocked look that cross Nemesis’s face.

“Cabal, if you fall asleep tonight, make sure you sleep with one eye open.†Nemesis growls as she picks up her pistol and stands behind the curtains waiting for her ‘name’ to be called.

“She’s ecstatic you can tell.†Cabal whispers to Howie loud enough for Nemesis to hear who growls and throws a wad of paper at his head.

Damaris opens the white dressing stall and steps out nervously. ‘What am I doing. God I feel like a idiot and must look ridiculous in this stupid outfit.’ She thinks to herself, staring at the 360 degree mirror in the dressing stall. She tugs on the flimsy red lace top and the short cotton skirt that exposed more of her leg and curves than she ever wanted to. Grumbling the entire time she wondered why she even agreed to this stupid plan of Cabal’s. Letting her chocolate locks down pass her shoulders, she smiles and tilts her head. “Ready as I’ll ever be.†She whispers, quickly stepping out the stall and reaching Cabal.

“Great, you’re ready too. By the way the two of you look absolutely amazing.†Cabal whispers with a grin on his face. He quickly places a head set on her and pushes her behind Nemesis.

“Alright, your name in the costume is ‘Lady Lolita’ Cabal explains as Howie burst out in laughter.

Damaris pushes Cabal away as she crosses her arms, “God so screw you guys. You guys suck so much.â€

Howie holds his laughter and sniffs, the corners of his lips still showing the reminisces of his laughter. “I’m so sorry. You guys look beautiful though and you don’t need clothing to tell you that ok?†Howie whispers as Nemesis smiles gently and nods her head.

“Thanks.†She whispers as the host takes the stage and begins to announce the next performer.

“Hey gentlemen our next entertainer goes by the name of Sergeant Mistress. She’ll get all of you men into shape and behave. When she says do a push up, make sure you do it well. She hates the disobedient ones and make you do push ups if you don’t listen to her. Guys lets welcome her onto the stage, Sergeant Mistress.†Howls and whistles poured in the club as Nemesis gets ready to take stage. The minute she hears rock song “Bring Me to Life†she takes a deep breath and steps on to the small circular stage, trying her best to stay sexy. She clumsily makes her way over to a metal pole that stood in the center of the stage as she scans the audience. Her eyes narrow as she spots the four men of the group sitting in the corner staring at her with interest. She turns her back to the audience and bends straight down hoping to distract the audience as she pushes the red button to communicate with the group backstage. “Guys, I see them. Their in the corner, stage left. All four of them. Seems they have the ring. And by the looks of it , they want to see what it can do.â€

The static of the head set makes it unclear for her to hear the response back stage, so she continues to dance around and reaches the edge of the stage.

Guys were whistling at her and tugging on her leg to come down off the stage. Sighing she jumps off and pulls out her pistol walking over to the four men in the corner.

“Oh yeah, damn, I got her!†Nick shouts out as he leaps off his seat and waits for Nemesis to approach him. Nick smiles as Nemesis sexily trails the point of her gun down his chest until she reached his crotch. She was so tempted to pull the trigger, but contained herself. The plan would fail she did things on her own. Nick laughs and pulls her close as his fangs appear. Nemesis gulps and backs away hoping Nick wouldn’t recognize her. Suddenly the host stands back up on stage and introduces Damaris’s character, “Lady Lolitaâ€

Nemesis continues her journey around the four men, spying the ring in the center of the table. She suddenly feels strong arms pulls her into a body. She turns in time to see Kevin smiling, running his fingers through her blonde locks. “You’re so pretty. I could have sworn I’ve seen such a pretty angel as yourself somewhere. Have we met?â€

Nemesis shakes her head rapidly and refuses to talk for they would instantly recognize her if she spoke.

“So sergeant Mistress, I’ve been a bad boy. Want me to do push ups?â€

Nemesis smiles and whispers into his ear, “Drop and give me twenty.†She disguises her voice as Kevin raises his eyebrows and laugh as he kneels down and looks at her as he does the push ups. Nick laughs and grabs for her as Damaris on stage see Nemesis in danger. Damaris sexily walks over the edge of the stage as she blows a kiss out into the audience of horny men. She twirls on the pole and sees Demetrius in the hidden shadows on the balcony watching her. Pushing on the small button in her head set, she whispers to Cabal that all are here. Cabal says he’s making his way in the front entrance of the club. She spots Howie and Cabal grab a seat near the center of the stage. Nodding his head as a signal, Damaris leaps off stage and dances her way over through the pile of stroking hands and whistles of men and reaching where Nemesis was at. Quickly thinking, she grabs A.J. who was close to touching Nemesis and slams the man on the floor with a move. A.J. gasps and breaths deeply, he hisses out: “I like being on top.â€

Damaris put on a smile and hisses into his ear, “Well not tonight. Besides its too much work. Let me do it.†Her brown locks caress his face. A.J. laughs as she feels an arm pick her up. She turns in time to see Brian looking at her.

“You’re a bit fresh now aren’t we?†Brian whispers as Nemesis glances at her partner and watches Cabal and Howie slowly help out the victims in the club find an exit to leave. Some men put up a protest and finally Nemesis growls and pulls out her pistol screaming loudly over the pounding music.

“The hell with this plan. My turn!†Nemesis yells out and begins shooting at the vampires in the club. Nick and Kevin race over to topple Nemesis. While running, Nick grabs the ring off the table and places it on his finger as a bullet crashes into his chest. He feels stun and takes a few feet back in surprise as the bullet slams into his body. He could hear the loud crying and yelling for help as Brian. A.J. and Kevin stare in shock at Nick. Nick smiles and places his fingers over the bullet wound, pulling out the imbedded bullet on his right side.

“Nick! Are you ok?†Kevin shrieks out as Nick smiles and flashes the ring.

Kevin laughs as he and Brian kick the pistol out of Nemesis’s hands. Cabal and Howie try to make their way towards the girls but the crowd of men panicking and running around made it near in possible for them to reach them.

Damaris stands up and feels A.J. grab her and throw her across a table. She sails and lands painfully on her back as she gets up watching Brian and A.J. approaching her. She runs and jumps onto the edge of the low balcony above her, climbing up onto safety. She crawls up the wooden planks of the balcony and hears the pounding of A.J. landing onto the balcony behind her.

“Where do you think you’re going?†A.J growls. Damaris crawls on her knees and was about to stand up when she feels him grab her by the hair and slam her head against the wall. She winces in pain and faces A.J. kicking him away from her. He grunts and backs a few inches away giving Damaris enough time to pull out a sharp blade hidden in her red stilettos. She flings the blade towards A.J.’s crotch as he backs away, his back hitting the wall behind him. The blade was a milliliter away from cutting him or so he thought. The loud music still pounded loudly as the screams downstairs were lessening. A.J. peers down at the blade that could have almost cut anything vital down there in his privates. Smiling, A.J. still breathing heavily, laughs and yells out, “You missed.â€

Damaris stands up wobbling and walks near A.J. smiling, “No. I never miss.â€

And A.J. in shock peers back down at his privates to see a trail of blood seeping down his jean covered thigh. “Wh, what?!â€

And with that Damaris runs back over to the balcony and jumps down to the main floor.

Nemesis makes her way towards Howie and Cabal, shooting any vampires that got in her way. “Where’s Damaris?â€

Cabal points up and sees Damaris jumping down from the balcony joining the group.

“I say we leave now!†Howie screams out as the others nods and race out the club. They reach the exit and ran away from the vampires that had taken over the area.

Nemesis runs after the group trying to catch up to them but too many people where in the way. She was about to make a run in a path that cleared she feels a loud pounding over her head. The next thing she realizes before she welcomed the black darkness was Brian holding a small pistol in his hands. “Good night miss sergeant. You had quite the fight tonight. Sleep for now. The party just started.†And with that Nemesis falls on the dirt ground knocked out.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Caught In A Web by Jamelet
A/N: Hey I’m back with an update, please try to leave a review if you can. Thanks and enjoy!

“The Blood Pactâ€

**~Caught In A Web~**

She looks up dizzily, squinting at the harsh lights that surrounded her. She sees Demetrius prodding her on her ribcage and dabbing a wet napkin onto a small wound located there.

“Welcome back Nemesis. I was beginning to worry.†Demetrius chuckles, his dark eyes piercing her.

Nemesis snorts and rolls her eyes as she quickly reaches to her wound and glares at him, “I’m surprised you’re still standing and alive. I really thought you died back at the club.†She tries to reach her abdomen but was surprised to see thick black chains cuffed around her wrists and ankles pulling her arms back. “Oh hell no!â€

“Oh yes. You didn’t really think I’d let you free like that now do you?†Demetrius whispers, the white fangs glimmering in the harsh light. He leans close to her and pulls out an antique blade, the golden and ruby crested handle glimmering in the florescent light.

“Oh honey, I’m just fine. Thanks for asking.†Demetrius grumbles and continues, “Nice plan though you and your little friends try to come up with. But you know, you should really work on the dance thing cause I’m not sure what you were doing on stage seemed appealing.†Demetrius states with a smug look on his face as he lifts up a piece of the shredded military tank top with the tip of his blade.

Nemesis raises her middle finger at him. “God I hate you. You’re just like the other vampires. There’s no such thing as good vampires, you’re better off dead just like the rest of them.†She growls, struggling against the cold metal that detained her.

Demetrius shakes his head, “Oh Nemesis, why are you so angry?†He hisses, a small grin appearing on his lips.

“Oh gee, let’s see. You betrayed me and Damaris for your own personal vengeance and now are out to kill every innocent soul in this state along with my family and friends. Plus you have a thing of wanting to see us dead, so I think that should add up to why I’m pissed!†Nemesis seethes, her sapphire emerald orbs burn in rage as she thrashes around, pulling and tugging on the metal chains that embraced her wrists and ankles. Her golden locks lies widely across her shoulders and down her back as she twists and turns in the chains.

“Oh that…†Demetrius chuckles before continuing, “Well honey, come o that’s part of my plans, but if it helps… I’d bother to have you and your little friend alive enough to lead me to the one needed. It seems your friend that you have acquainted with is the chosen one.†Demetrius whispers slowly.

Nemesis snorts and giggles, “Yeah dude we already figured out that one. He had the ring on him before his friends who you turned against us took it. So they have it, if you care at all. I don’t personally know why you have me here but I can assure you that I’ll leave this place with your blood on my hands and laugh the entire time.â€

“Feisty! I always loved that about you! Tell you what. You want to kick some butt, how about I bring one of the fellows for you to have fun with. What do you say?†Demetrius smiles, pulling out a golden key chain that dangled from his black trench coat pocket.

Nemesis smirks and raises her hands in fists, “Sure, go ahead. I don’t mind. I’ll show you how I’ll your kill buddies before getting to you. You really should watch: you could learn a thing or two.â€

“My, my, my. All mouth: now let’s see if you can back that up.†Demetrius growls, unlocking the chains from Nemesis’s ankles and wrists. Nemesis immediately leaps off the cold metal table that she was lying on and crouches onto the metal tiles, creeping away from him as he watches in interest not bothering to go after her. Placing his hands on the edge of the table, he keeps his eyes on her as she stands up and faces him with a smile on her face.

“You’re right. I wanna fight. How about we go at it now?†Nemesis whispers, a small grin plastered on her face.

Demetrius raises his eyebrows and smiles shaking his head, clenching his fists, he calls her to him, “Come on Neme, you always had that fire burning in you.â€

Nemesis wasted no time and fumbles in her pockets to note that all her weapons were taken away from her when she arrived at the Dark Falls Society.

“Na uh. No weapons. Just you.†Demetrius hisses, jumping on top of the metal table, sending it flying towards her direction. She dodges the on coming object and looks around the bare room: only a pair of glass panes windows aligned the west side of the room while the walls was polished in thick red bricks. Only one entrance and exit to the room lied in the center of the walls: its rusty bolts and copper knob called to her to leave. But it seemed Demetrius was faster than her and raced to the door before her. Standing in front of the door, he laughs and crosses his arms across his chest.

Nemesis growls in frustration and stands before the vampire, “Move.†She seethes quietly. Demetrius simply laughs and shakes his head. “I’m only gonna say this one more time, do you hear me? I said move.â€

Demetrius smiles and places his right hand on the wall besides him, pushing a small jagged edge brick out of its place. Suddenly the ground shakes and Nemesis confused stumbles back onto a wall in which black metal chains snaked its way out of the small openings in the walls and grabs her ankles and wrists again. She yells and struggles as the ground stops its movement and Demetrius pulls his hand away from the brick, placing the brick back into its proper place. “What did I say? I said I’m going to bring you the men you were told to train. They’ll want to have a word with you about their changes. I’m sure you’ll be glad to answer their questions.â€

Nemesis blurts out a vulgarity as Demetrius laughs and brushes aside his raven short locks that caressed his cheeks. “Ok, save some of the energy for the others, I’m sure they’ll want to have a more hand to hand conversation with you.â€

“Bite me!†Nemesis smirks at the irony of her statement. Demetrius simply chuckles and shakes his head,

“Ahhh, what I wouldn’t love to. But alas, I can’t get rid of you just yet.†He whispers, stepping out of the room. Standing in the threshold of the door, he smiles and whispers, “Now don’t go anywhere, do you here?â€

Nemesis screams out and tugs on the chains that withheld her as Demetrius laughter chuckles and echoes in the room after his disappearance.

“What a bastard.†Nemesis growls as she inhales a deep breath and waits.
~*~

Cabal paces nervously beside the road side, glancing at his watch every five minutes or so.

“They have her right?†Damaris whispers, gulping and trying to regain her normal heart rate.

Cabal gulps and nods his head, “Yeah, unfortunately. She almost got trampled back there and one of the guys shot her with a dart. So I’m assuming they took her back to the Dark Falls Society main control center.â€

“Is that around here?†Howie whispers, he glances wearily around as the anxiety rose deep within him.

“Somewhat, it’s a good walking distance though. We might have to get vehicles.†Cabal whispers, tugging on his lower lip.

“Cool, what do you have in mind?†Damaris asks, the gentle cool wind blows on her chocolate locks.

“Demetrius told me once about a used automobile shop where the owner is a vampire, the guy had the newest or at least the best vehicles around to get anywhere. Heard the man charged a reasonable price for it as well. That could be our way out. So what do you guys think?†Cabal asks, his dark eyes staring at the two worn and tired humans.

“Whatever. I lost my friends already. Like it’ll matter now.†Howie states glumly. He turns as he feels a small squeeze on his shoulder from Damaris.

“I’m sorry. I know this wasn’t part of your night out, but you see how important you are to this whole thing right?†Damaris whispers.

Howie shakes his head, “No, I’m just hoping it’s a nightmare and Nick would shut off the movie on the screen and I can wake up and laugh.â€

“Guess you should hold off on the laughter buddy. Sorry to disappointment you, but this is real, no warp dream can take you to this type of horror. It’ll only get more worse before it gets any better.†Cabal sighs.

Damaris sighs, “Why can’t we just kill the leader. Think about it, once the leader is gone, the followers will disperse. There will only be chaos and the end of the vampire reign.â€

Cabal smiles as Howie finally asks the question, “That’s sounds good and all, but do you know who the leader is?â€

Damaris smirks, “No, but I’m sure Cabal here knows who that can be, right?â€

Cabal shakes his head, “Sorry. But Liam and Demetrius started the whole thing as far as I know. You can’t kill them, they’re too powerful and trained you. You can’t go up against them cause they’ll know your every move.â€

“Fine, then you do it. You’re a vampire, you’re supposedly the immortal one out of this little group. For Nemesis’s sake, go and kill Demetrius.†Damaris whispers, the glitter in her eyes.

Cabal laughs and shakes his head, “No can do shorty. They have too much power on their side for just any vampire to go up against them. But we have something they want.†He trails his eyes over to Howie as Damaris follows his gaze.

Howie shuffles through a gym bag and raises his head at the two, “What? What are you guys looking at?†He whispers innocently.

Damaris smiles, “You. And you’re the way to saving Nemesis.â€

“Uhhh, see I don’t think that’s gonna work. Hello I’m human too, forgot!†Howie blurts out, his eyes wide in anxiety as he shakes his head.

“On the contrary Howie, you along with your friends are vampires. You are after all one of the chosen ones.†Cabal states with a point of his finger.

Howie snorts, “Uhhhhh no!! I’m not what you are?! That can’t be?â€

Cabal laughs and raises Damaris’s injured finger in which a small trickle of blood leaked out of. He pulls her finger close to Howie lips as both Howie and Damaris watch on in curiosity. Suddenly Howie clutches his abdomen as he begins to inhale the strong metallic smell of blood. “God, what’s going on with me?†He hisses out in pain.

“Your senses are reacting. Once you get the first taste of blood, what was hidden in you will be released.†Cabal whispers, inching closer to Howie with Damaris’s bloody hand.

“I, I don’t like this. Stop.†Damaris whispers, desperately pulling her hand away from Cabal’s grip.

“Not yet. He’s the only way into the Dark Falls Society. They’re looking for him now as we speak. We have to get him to turn into one of them.†Cabal whispers, his eyes focus on Howie as Damaris struggles out of his grip.

“Don’t fight it Howie! You know you want it.†Cabal glares, shoving Damaris hand’s bleeding hand across Howie’s lips.

Damaris screams out as Howie nervously licks his lips and collapses on the ground.

“Holy… you killed him!†Damaris hisses out, backing away as she stumbles on her ripped red lace skirt that seemed to be lying across her waist in long layers.

“Shut up! He’s not dead. He’s changing. He’s gonna take us to them!†Cabal hisses out as Damaris was already bolting down the road in fear. Cabal runs after her and immediately catches up to her, slipping his arms around her small waist. “Stop it! You fool! If you leave like that again next time, I won’t go after you. I’m not here to baby sit you. You want to save your friend and I want the vampire colony to die but you’re not helping me here reacting like that ok?†Cabal explains to her, leading her back to where Howie was lying on the grassy roadside.

“So when he wakes up? Will he be one?†Damaris nervously asks, her hands quivering at the image.

“We’ll have to wait and see now don’t we?†Cabal whispers as Damaris gulps and watches the silver moon light shine down upon Howie’s body.
~*~

Kevin cracks his neck and stretches out in a leather recliner, throwing his long legs up on the foot stool.

Brian smiles and fiddles with his fingers while Nick sharpens his knife with a another knife.

A.J. taps his foot impatiently on the planks in the room they were told to rest in.

“This place is giving me the creeps Kev. Let’s go.†A.J. whispers, breaking the looming silence that was beginning to be comfortable in the room.

“No, where can we go A.J.? The entire vampire community is meeting here shortly to introduce us to them. Besides I think its pretty sweet living in a place like this, having people do whatever I say at my command…†Kevin gets cuts off as A.J. snorts and responds,

“Uhhh, that’s why you’re a celebrity. You already have that Kevin!†A.J. asks incredulously.

Kevin smirks, “No, that’s why you wanted to be a celebrity, to have the money, car and women. I actually enjoy doing what I do.â€

“Shut up both of you!†Brian hisses out, his eyes burning a deep sapphire. “We’re all in this mess together. Obviously there’s something in the past we don’t remember but whatever it is deals with the vampires and such.â€

“And about our changes too right?†Nick asks, sharpening his blade.

“Yeah.†Brian responses and jumps along with the others at the sound of the room door swing open. Nairobi enters the room and looks at the four men:

“Well, it seems we have a small surprise for you. A friend of yours is here to see you. Demetrius will come here and explain, just be on your best behavior, I’m sure she’ll have info we’ll need to conquer that human race.†She states, her raven black curls, tumble down her back over her caramel complexion.

Kevin stands up and pulls out a small switch blade from inside his sleeves, he along with the others in the group knew they had to stop the top ranking vampires and she was one of them. If they can kill the proper vampires maybe they can have their lives back, but the way they see it, it could already be too late. Kevin stands besides Nairobi and thrust the switch blade into Nairobi’s ribcage quickly before she knew was happening. The blade slides through her skin and she lets out a shriek as the dark crimson liquid sputters out into large drops. Kevin smiles as she grabs him by the arms and screams in pain. The other three guys gather around her as she slides to her knees and cries out to help her.

Brian smiles and spits on her face as Nick glances at the newly sharpen knife in his hand and throws it towards her direction. The knife hit its target as the quiet cries of Nairobi stops. A.J. smiles and looks at the knife imbedded into Nairobi’s beautiful face, the tip of the metal protruding from the center of her left eye that once used to blink in pure evilness, now drained away leaving behind the empty vessel of what once used to be human. Nairobi collapses dead on the floor, the blood seeping out of her body and spreading out like a wild fire. The rich blood touches the tip of Kevin’s boots as it begins to spread out.

A.J. whistles and pats Nick on the shoulder, “Wow! Got her on the first hit. Nice job, I didn’t think you’d kill her like that.â€

“So that’s leave the other woman and the three men then.†Brian whispers, a smile crawling on his face.

“Yup, shouldn’t be too hard. I think I can take Liam with the ring on.†Nick states, twirling the ruby ring on his index finger.

Kevin shakes his head and grabs the ring, “Forget it. I have a better plan. How about we…â€

Kevin stops mid-sentence the moment the door swings open, Demetrius stepping into the threshold. The four gasp and back away thinking Demetrius would hurt them for killing off one of the members of the vampire society. But instead to their utter surprise, Demetrius glances at the body on the floor and steps over her with a smile on his face.

“Hello gentlemen. Sorry about the hold up, but I have a surprise for you. An old friend is here to see you. I just wanted to know if you’re interested to seeing her, you can come with me now.†Demetrius whispers happily with a smirk on his face.

Brian gulps, “Who is it?â€

“You’ll see.†Demetrius states.

“Wait. No, I’m not interested.†Kevin hisses, pulling the switchblade out of Nairobi’s corpse.

“When you see who it is, then you’ll want to talk to her.†Demetrius smirks, clapping his hands.

Nick frowns and shakes his head, before seeping out a profanity, “We trusted you. We played your stupid games, listening to you to prepare for battle. Well guess what. You can’t make us anymore. I’m out, in fact we all are. Don’t bother going after us, we’re the ones in charge, we have the one thing you can’t touch.†Nick whispers, raising his pointer finger to show the ruby ring.

Demetrius growls and pulls out a magnum, pointing it all the men, “No, as for now, my brother Liam and I are in charge and we only needed you to get the ring for us.â€

“But Laim stated we’re the chosen ones. He got us because he himself along with any other vampire can’t possess the jewelry, it’s too powerful and only those with internal power can possess it.†A.J. smirks at the surprised looks his friends gave him. “What? I was bored, I needed to read something.†A.J. states, his eyes wondered over to a small manual on the coffee table.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders, “Well I’m sure the kid’s right then. You heard that Demetrius, you lost out. We have the ring and you can’t do a damn thing about it.â€

Demetrius growls and raises his magnum at Kevin, “Oh but I can!†He hisses and pulls the trigger on the magnum, setting loose an array of bullets. Nick throws the ring to Kevin who catches it as a bullet grazed his ear. The other bullets pummeled his body but fall to the ground after touching Kevin. Kevin stands unharmed as the bullets fall to the ground, not hurting an ounce of him.

Demetrius shrieks out and begins shooting at all the men as they take cover and hide behind the velvet red furniture. Demetrius stops shooting as the last bullet leaves the caliber. “Damn.â€

“Ahhh, too bad. All out and nothing you can do about it.†A.J. hisses, creeping out the back of a sofa.

“Forget this. I’ll be back. Liam will handle you. I’m sure I can kill Nemesis myself.†Demetrius whispers as the men shout out to leave her alone. “Ahhh, sorry, so sorry. But she and I will have a talk now. You be good guys and not kill anyone else for now ok.â€

“Piss off.†Brian hisses, his sharp fangs glow in the light.

“In do time. I have things to take care of first. I’ll kill you all later. I don’t have time for your pestilence. With that, I leave.†And the front door slams shut, making the four men jump from the surprise.

“Just great, our former vampire so called buddy is against us and we’re told to wait. This is nice. This is the way I always wanted to spend my Saturday nights.†A.J. whispers sarcastically, slumping in a sofa across from Nairobi’s dead body, watching the long trails of blood trace the cracks on the floor.

“What a day. You guys have no idea how much this sucks.†Nick murmurs, slumping on the wall.
“I think I can guess, try a cup or two.†Brian whispers, fiddling with his fingers.

“Damn, we drank that much all together?†Kevin asks, kicking away Nairobi’s body towards the corner of the room.

“No, that’s how much Nick took already. You however, top all of us.†Brian whispers, as Kevin snorts and collapses into a seat cleaning the blood off his switch blade.

“We have work to do. One down, an army left.†Kevin whispers as the guys take a seat and wait for Demetrius to come back and finish him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The Devil's Home by Jamelet
“The Blood Pactâ€


**~The Devil’s Home~**

Nemesis growls as the door swings opens, she raises her head as she struggles against the black chains that held her. Orion steps into the room with a smile on his face as he guides the four chosen ones into the room. Nemesis gasps to see the four men changed. Within their eyes their innocence was taken away and they have stepped into another world that was awaiting them. A.J. smiles and waves Orion away as the four of them enter the room and stare at Nemesis.

Brian coughs and shakes his head, “Hey Nemesis. Long time no see. So how was it hanging out with Howie? I mean you know he’s becoming something you don’t even know about.â€

Nemesis hisses, “Leave that man alone, he seems to be the only good coming out of this group so far, the four of you need more than psychological help. I heard about the killings you did in the club.â€

“Good, we wanted news to travel fast.†A.J. whispers, standing in front of her, caressing her cheek with his finger. “I was dying to get my hands on you. Me and Nick are so happy to see you. I want to show you what your little friend Damaris showed us. Would you like to see?â€

Nemesis snorts and rolls her eyes, “I’ll pass on that, how about another time?â€

“How about now?†Kevin whispers, his emerald orbs shining through the moonlight that gleamed through the glass pane windows.

Nemesis smiles and tilts her head, “Na, but that’s ok. I’m sure I’ll make it up to you later.†She growls, her golden tresses lied wildly about her shoulders as she struggles and thrashes on the chains.

“Here, let me help you.†Nick whispers, his fangs showing clearly.

“We’re not here to hurt you…yet.†Brian stalled, curling his fists to his side.

“Hmmmmm, you have a way with words Brian.†Nemesis states, tugging on one of the black chains on her right ankle.

A.J. nods his head to his three friends as he pulls out a black magnum and points it towards Nemesis’s wrist where one of the black cuffs was located.

“What, what are you doing?†Nemesis gulps, her instincts where back firing on her: she couldn’t trust what this man was going to do. He couldn’t be sending her free, can he? He was her enemy as far as she knew and he along with the other three could no longer be trusted.

“What ever they did to you just got you on my wanted list.†Nemesis giggles out, the pure fear and anger running through her body tickled her with joy.

“Are we number one? I always loved being first.†A.J. whispers seductively, tracing the cold magnum vertically down Nemesis’s chest between her bosoms.

Nemesis throws her head back in excitement and growls out, “No. You’re new buddy Liam and Demetrius take that place. Put you guys are rounding up enough points to be second.â€

“Ain’t nothing wrong with coming in second right?†Nick whispers seductively as he slowly makes his way towards her.

“I thought you guys wanted to talk.†Nemesis hisses as Kevin paces silently besides her.

“Yeah.†Kevin answers, looking at the gentle ocean emerald orbs of Nemesis.

“So talk.†She states rudely, pulling forward on the chains so as to be only mere inches away from Kevin’s neck.

Kevin smiles and pushes Nemesis roughly against the brick wall.

“Oof.†She growls out, as pain shot up her spine. She glares at him as he shakes his finger to a ‘no’.

“Let’s be nice Nemesis. I have a surprise for you.†Kevin states, a smile crawling on his face.

Suddenly Brian and Nick exit the room and in seconds came back carrying a child size black body bag into the dungeon like room. Nemesis’s breath caught in her chest as she sees the body bag dumped on the tiled floor.

“Curious to see what’s inside there?†A.J. asks, his dark eyes reflect the pure madness behind them as he kneels down and tugs on the zipper. The magnum was still pointed towards Nemesis’s direction.

“Wait, wanna make a guess as to what or should I who is in there?†Brian chuckles, his almost innocent reddish golden hair seems to contrast with the evil that lurks within the body.

“If you killed anyone one of my relatives. Prepare to die.†Nemesis states seriously, her eyes glued to the body bag.

A.J. smirks as he tugs on the zipper, opening the bag as a small body tumbles out of it. He could hear Nemesis’s gasps as she screams out in agony as a small blond haired boy stared blindly at the dark ceilings. His small lifeless body was kept untouched except for the small punctures on the child’s wrists and neckline on his pale snowy complexion. His golden shaggy locks cover the child’s head peacefully like a blanket. His azure emerald eyes seemed frozen in agony as he lied there dead before all to see.

Nemesis shrieks out as tears flooded her eyes. They couldn’t have done this, this couldn’t be real. These men wouldn’t gone and killed an innocent child: let alone her own brother.

She knew if she left this place that she will have to return for her brother's body so he can get the proper burial he deserves.

“Nemesis, if it helps, he asks for you before he closed his eyes. You know he’s quite the dramatic one in dying. He wouldn’t let up. Sounds like someone we know here. Guess it must run in the family. Poor thing, wanted to be brave like his older sister, little did he know that she’ll join him tonight as well.†Kevin calmly whispers as he lifts up the boy’s corpse in his arms.

Nemesis shakes her head and screams out, as she weakly struggled against the chains. The wet tears streaked her face as she collapses on her knees and sobs. Her military torn tank top was wet with her tears that crashed down endlessly in pain.

“Ah, there, there. No need to get this sad about it. It was meant to be. You should have known your family was in danger the moment Dark Falls came down here. It was Orion’s request really. We just followed his orders.†Brian states, pulling out a machete from behind his long leather jacket and smiles.

Nemesis looks up at the on coming figure with the weapon. Through her blurry vision, she could make out his figure swinging the sword around before her. Her ears rang out as the sound of gun shots whizzes pass her shoulders. Suddenly she feels the cold chains slide off her wrists and ankles, dropping with a clink to the metal tiles. Smiling, she straightens up and stands before all four of them, taking in what the next action will be from them.

“I told you I wasn’t going to harm you.†A.J. states, placing the pistol back in his holster.

Nick holds out his hand towards Nemesis who nervously grabs his hand.

Suddenly the door to the room swings open as Orion steps inside the room, “Alright, Kevin. I’ll need you and two more of your buddies to help me out. We’re setting up for tonight’s ritual. Nemesis you should honored you’ll be a witness to this little escapade.â€

Nemesis gulps and watches on in confusion as Orion steps within the room to gather Brian, A.J. and Kevin. While all the distraction occurred, Nemesis managed to pull off the rip metal cuffs that hung weakly around her ankles and wrists.

Nick smiles as the others leave the room. Kevin quickly pulls Nick aside, “Hey Nick. Watch her. Whatever you do, don’t let her leave. Do you here?â€

“No prob Kev, she ain’t got no where to go. I got it covered.â€

“Good, we’ll be back fast, just gotta fix up a few things downstairs in the red room.†Kevin smirks as Orion smiles and places his heavy dark arm around Kevin’s shoulder’s ushering him out of the room. Once the door closes, Nick turns to look at Nemesis.

“Well it seems we’re alone.†Nick whispers huskily, his eyes open wide as he steps over the small dead corpse on the ground.

Nemesis clutches her fist against her side, she was going to make sure that man will never see the sight of daylight again, “Why did you kill him? He was innocent. He did nothing to you.†Her voice cracks as her heart lied shattered in her chest.

She stares at her younger sibling in agony as the deep internal pain dwelled within her burning soul.

“Like I said, I was only taking orders. This or my family suffers.†Nick’s voice booms in the small room.

“Sure, right. Because you don’t give damn about others. You figured screw everyone else, as long as you’re safe.†Nemesis threatens as she takes a bold step towards the man.

Nick remains standing unaffected in front of her and shrugs his shoulders, “Hey you make it sound like I don’t have conscious.â€

“You don’t!†Nemesis growls out as her hands shot out to grab for Nick’s arm. Nick moves back in time to give her swift kick right in the chest.

“Don’t make me hurt you!†Nick seethes out, backing away from Nemesis who seemed shocked about the kick before smiling.

“Hurt me?! HA! Why don’t you try that again? Go on, I dare ya!†Nemesis states, approaching Nick again. It seemed Nick look petrified for a moment before pulling out a thin blade and flinging it towards Nemesis’s face.

The knife flew directly towards Nemesis’s face and without so much as a blink, she stopped the knife with both of her palms only a millimeter away from slamming into the center of her forehead.

Nick whistles and nods his head, “Nice, I knew you gonna do that.â€

Nemesis growls and throws the knife on the floor as she sails through the air with a flying kick. Nick quickly grabs her leg as she was landing and slams her body against the rough jagged edge walls. She swings her body around and thrust her caught leg towards his chest, pulling him away from her. He stumbles back for a moment as Nemesis runs into the darkness and shadows in the edges of the room, concealing her from him.

Nick dust himself off and sighs heavily. He narrows his eyes, stepping forward, scanning the room for the woman. “Nemesis, honey where are you? I like your moves. Can you show them to me? I’ll be good I promise.â€

Nemesis breathes deeply as she walks into the dark corners of room, watching Nick scan the room around waiting for her appearance. Smiling, she thought of a brilliant idea and leans on the brick walls. She digs her fingers on the bricks and climbs the wall, holding onto anything that could be used as a ledge. She could hear Nick mumble out a profanity before pulling out a pistol.

“You’re taking too long. Don’t act like your brother and come out and get me!†Nick tempts the woman as the anger burned in her heart. Nick could hear scratching and crawling as he looks up at the ceiling to see Nemesis holding onto the top of the old wooden chandelier, her body curled around the wooden planks of the dusty lighted item.

“Why don’t you come down and play?†Nick whispers tauntingly as Nemesis smirks.

“I thought you never asked.†And she leaps down, surprising him and tackles him to the floor roughly. She slams his back against the metal tiles as she crawls on top of him, her wet eyes glittering with anger and hatred. Nick laughs as she pulls out a small blade from within her military shorts and smirks.

“What happened? Didn’t think this lady could beat you down?â€

Nick closes his month, his arms pinned down besides him by Nemesis’s weight, “Nope. Just curious to see how you’ll get out of this one.†He whispers tauntingly.

Nemesis raises her head and looks at him in confusion as she can feel the cold tip of the pistol on the back of her neck. Gulping, Nemesis raises her hands up in surrender and slowly gets up from Nick. She didn’t turn around to see who her predator was, instead she kept her eyes fixated on Nick. Nick raises his leg and slams it between her legs as she yelps out in surprise. “You little…†She was cut off as Kindel’s voice cuts in.

“My, Demetrius was right about you. You’re feisty. Why don’t you give up now? Your brother’s dead, you can’t bring him back to life even if you wanted to.†Kindel whispers, her flaming red locks caresses around her oval face.

“You wench!†Nemesis hisses, as she was about smack Kindel but Nick holds her back.

Kindel breaks into a laugh and pushes Nemesis away, “Don’t start with me little girl. I’m in no mood for your games.â€

“Games? HA! I’ll show you a nice game, its called wiping your blood on the floor. I’ve been the champion for it for years. Think you can stop me?†Nemesis seethes, her light eyes gleaming in hatred.

Kindel smirks, “You’ll lose in your own little game.†She hisses and grabs Nemesis’s throat, pulling the woman onto her knees. “I dare say, you’re not what I expected at all. Demetrius mentioned you were bad, but I never thought you were so bad it looks good. I’m sent here to kill you now, but I’ll tell you what. If you can fight me and live, I won’t kill you. How about that? What do you say?â€

Nemesis remains silent as Nick loosens his grip on her arms. Smiling, Nemesis spits on the ground, hitting Kindel’s black heeled boots. The clear liquid slides across her boot as Kindel raises her head angrily at Nemesis.

“You little… I see you made up your mind. Too bad, you could have lived to tell the story of a vampire colony, how sad you’ll die. And to make it bittersweet, you’ll die the exact same way your little brother did. Nick hold her, we’re gonna drain her blood out.†Kindel states, walking over to the metal medical table and pulling it towards the center of the room. “Lie her here. I’ll go start the machine up.†She whispers, walking into the shadows and finding a trap door that seemed to have hide a metal generator of some type. Nemesis struggles wildly against Nick’s grip but realized without her weapons, going up against a vampire was useless. They’re stronger than the average person and Nemesis knew she was in dangerous territory here. Nick drags her by the hair as she hisses and pelts him with kicks. Nick growls and pushes her onto the table while she jittered and moved around making it near impossible to keep her still.

Kindel appears at the head of the table and grabs Nemesis’s head within her palms, “The more you struggle, the more you’re gonna hurt. Just take it like you’re suppose to and we can move on ok.â€

Nemesis screams out and thrashes around, making Kindel more infuriated with her. “Nick push the button now!†Kindel shouts as Nick nods his head and pushes on a red button as he swiftly pushes Nemesis off the table and slams Kindel onto the metal table. Before Kindel realize what was happening, she screams out a death- dying scream that rang in the dark hallways. Large iron spikes protruded from the medical table going through Kindel’s wrists and ankles. The spikes seemed to have locked Kindel in place. Leaving her to bleed to death. A red torrent of the crimson liquid leaks out of the open wounds as Nick inhales deeply, staring at a shock Nemesis. The yelling continued as Nemesis stands up and gasps at Nick. Nick licks his lower lip worriedly and smiles at her, grabbing her hand and leading her out the room through the door.

Nemesis couldn’t believe it, he saved her and she didn’t understand why. She stares at Nick as they walk down a dark red tiled corridor away from the screams of Kindel.

“Why did you do it?†Nemesis asks, halting at the end of a dark hallway, the only light came from a torch with a dying fire.

Nick turns to her and shakes his head, “What do you mean? Nemesis, I helped you cause I, no all of us in the group realize you guys were trying to protect us from these beasts. I would never kill you and you know that.â€

“So this is all an act for the Dark Falls to trust you?†Nemesis whispers, her body shivering through all the traumatic events she had occurred and witness. “I don’t believe you! You were fighting with me in there a minute ago and now I’m suppose to just trust you! No, you broke my trust as well as Damaris. I don’t think I can rely on you on helping me leave this place.â€

Nick gulps and nods his head, “I know you feel this way. But after we saw Demetrius turn on us, I knew for sure that something bigger than any of us is going down. Nemesis you have to understand, Kevin found somthing about the ring that Howie has. That ring has the power to open hell itself up! That’s what they’re setting up downstairs in the building! We all plotted this building and figured out an exit. We can leave through an opening in the basement that Kevin managed to find out.â€

Nemesis shakes her head and pulls away from him, “Nooo, no. I can’t fall for this. You’re all in it! I saw you kill people at the club. You think I’m gonna listen to you Hell no! I’m out, thanks for the escape, but I can find a better way out of this hell hole without your help.†Turning the opposite way from the hallway, she walks briskly away from Nick.

“NO Wait!†Nick yells out, grabbing her arm as she was about to walk down.

“I’m going. Let go of me.†She whispers quietly.

“No, that’s the wrong way. You’ll only meet up with one of the vampires of this place. If you head this way with me, you’ll be safer and out of the vampires way. Plus if they see me with you, they’ll leave you alone cause they’ll think I’m just taking orders from Liam.†Nick pleads with the woman as she stops and fights with the idea of what to do next.

“If I go with you, you’ll be walking in front of me. I don’t trust you behind me where you can throw something at me and I won’t notice it until its too late.†Nemesis hisses as Nick nods his head and complies.

“Fine, whatever you want. Just move now, before they come and find Kindel dead.†Nick whispers, tugging on the woman as they both descend down the dimly lit hallways.
~*~

“This is it. Park over here.†Cabal states as the three of them pulls up on their red firebird motorcycles. Cabal kicks the kick stand as Damaris slides off her vehicle and pulls off her helmet.

The three of them stare in awe at the magnificent tower that loomed in the dark rainy night.

“This weather is too much.†Damaris grumbles as she fails to shield herself from the pounding rain drops that splash down on them.

Cabal smiles as the wet drops roll down his butter pecan cheeks and chin. “Alright guys, we’re loaded up, let’s head to the building. And be careful, these vampires can know our weaknesses and mess with our heads, We have to stick together, knowing these guys they’ll try to split us up. Understood?â€

Howie and Damaris sighs as they gaze at each other.

“Howie are you feeling better?†Damaris whispers cautiously, she recalled the smell of blood had awakened the hidden beast that plagued his innocent soul.

Howie gulps and pats her shoulder, “Somewhat. Just as long as I don’t smell any blood, I should be fine.â€

The others nod and they begin heading towards the building. The tall grey granite tower stood about seventy five feet high, the gated windows span widely throughout the building. Over bearing trees loomed around the tower as a spiked black gate surrounded the tower. The spikes gleamed in the silver night and seemed sharp enought to break through a human skull. A lightening sparked in the night air, lighting up the entire building to portray it as more sinister. Cabal nods his head and the three of them head out towards the large lush green yard where the entrance of the tower is at.

An iron arch doorway with a circular ring in the center of the door met their presence.

“You think going through the front is the best way?!†Damaris explodes, shaking her head rapidly.

“No, but how do you suppose we get in? Unless you have a better idea however this is the best we can do.†Cabal purrs in her direction, his fangs gleaming in the moonlight.

Howie rolls his eyes, “Damaris it doesn’t matter, as long as we get in, it shouldn’t be a problem.â€
“So when a vampire opens the door we just attack and kill then right.†Damaris grumbles, twirling the caliber of the pistol in her hands as it points towards the door direction.

“Uh no actually.†Cabal states, raising his eyebrows.

“What do you mean?†Damaris asks.

“Well see since Howie is one of the five chosen to possess the ring, it’ll mean he’ll have act like he’s on their side. Meaning we have to act like we’re caught by him.†Cabal states, rubbing his wet palm down the side of his soaked cargo pants.

“Ha… yeah figured. Should’ve known there was something up. How was this plan taking place without me knowing about it?â€

Cabal smiles softly and states that when the group was back at the warehouse and the girls were sleeping that the conversation of how to break into the tower came up. It seemed that Cabal had figured out the minute Howie had the ring on his finger that he has access to get inside the Dark Falls Society.

“Well that’s just nice. I feel like I’m getting played here. I’m suppose to rely on the both of you who for all I know are out to get me and Nemesis.†She whispers sarcastically.

Howie smirks, “Well you relied on us before, why the doubts?â€

Damaris shrugs her shoulders and sarcastically hisses out, “Oh I don’t know, maybe cause we’re standing in front of the hell hole. I don’t know, maybe its just me but this is completely ridiculous. Cabal I’m not feeling that idea!â€

Cabal shrugs his shoulders, “Like I said, come up with something better if you can. But this is our way in.†And he climbs up the three round cement stairs, pounding on the door.

Damaris snorts and rolls her eyes, “Woo hoo, this’ll be fun.†She grumbles, her light eyes staring at Howie who smiles and stands in front of them waiting for the door to open. After a few minutes of standing around, the three heard the lock open from inside as the door creaks open. Cabal smiles and nods his head,

“Time for the show to begin.†Cabal whispers as Howie takes a deep breath, his fangs gleaming out.
~*~

Liam sighs and throws a chair across the room, “No you morons, the drawing has to depict it exactly: the star has to painted properly with the blood on it.â€

One of the henchmen, sighs and wipes away the blood drops on his hands, “Sir, we’re trying our best to get the painting right, but Marth keeps messing up the corners.â€

Liam’s icy blue eye freeze on one of the vampires, the man stands up nervously as he makes his way towards Liam. The red blood drops slowly trail of the Marth’s fingers as he stands nervously, “Liam, it’ll come out fine. It’s not a bad mess, we can fix it right up.â€

“Stop.†Liam whispers as he grabs the vampire by his throat, “Don’t bother ok. Knowing you, you’ll find a way to screw it up anyway.†And he cracks the vampires neck, instantly killing Marth. Liam smiles and throws the corpse on the red tiles. “Anymore mistakes and you’ll lose your life. Let his death be a reminder to all of you that I will not tolerate any more foolery. Do you hear?†Liam growls to the ten vampires. Kevin nudges Brian on his ribs and nudges with his chin towards the window. Brian narrows his eyes as A.J. smiles and shakes his head,

“Looks like Nick managed to get Nemesis out of danger. Good going Nicky.â€

“See, he’s not as blonde as he acts.†Kevin jokes as the three watch on to see Liam take out his outrage on the other vampires in the room.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**
Mystifying Consequences by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”


**~Mystifying Consequences~**

She brushes pass some braches that tickled her face as she hurried her pace to keep up with Nick. She didn’t why she bothered to follow him, let alone trust him on escaping. But here she was walking through an eerie forest after leaving the basement that lead to an outside latch of the Tower. After they both were cleared and climbed up the stairs from the latch, they decided to head north, away from the Dark Falls Society building. “Nick, wait.” Nemesis whispers out, once they cleared a few blocks down away from the tower.

“Huh?” Nick stops in front of her confused, “What’s wrong? You hear someone coming?” He whispers anxiously, digging through his pockets to find something to use as a weapon to defend himself.

“No, no it’s not that. Its well…I think something will go wrong if we continuing heading this way.” Nemesis whisper: clutching her fists nervously to her chest.

Nick rolls his eyes and stops frustrated. “Great time to have a conscious. Well what do you think we should do? If you think I’m heading back there, there’s no way that’s happening!” Nick growls, gripping the hems of his jeans tightly.

“Well.” Nemesis whispers shyly, “I think its my intuition acting up and I think that we’re not safe.”

“Well Hell, Nemesis. No where is safe!” Nick grumbles, grabbing her hand and pushing her forward before him as they start walking again. “But that doesn’t mean that standing around here will make things better.”

Nemesis growls and suddenly slams Nick on the thick bark of a tree. Nick cries out as she grips her hands around his throat squeezing tightly. “Ahhhh, God! I hate you Nick!”

Nick gags and swipes at her hand gently for her to loosen her grip, but she remained immobile. “I, I …understand …you’re… confused… and… such! But…I…can…explain.” He slowly chokes out painfully as Nemesis snarls and leans close to him.

“No more explanations. Screw you Nick. You think everything’s ok. That cause you did a good deed for me by letting me leave that place that I’ll just be happy and grateful. Well I’m not. You’re killed my brother and now I’m gonna kill you!” Nemesis growls, her emerald sapphire orbs burn in rage.

“It…was…an…order. We…just…followed…orders!” Nick struggles to speak as dark spots invaded his vision.

“Orders?! Orders?! Ha! What do you take me for?” Nemesis seethes as she watches Nick pale in complexion.

“Please…let…go…I can’t…breathe…”He chokes out as his body slumps back against the tree.

Nemesis was willing to break his neck at that moment. Nothing could give her back her lost relative and revenge coursed through her veins. But the sudden cracking of branches, broke her hateful images. She straightens up and pulls away from Nick, leaving the young man to fall to his knees to violently intake air. Nick runs his fingers over his raw sore throat as the cracking of branches echoed in the forest neared her. Nemesis snarls at Nick as she ruffles through her pockets searching for anything to use. Sighing, she picks up a sharp edge of the branch and holds it out in front of her as the moaning of the on coming zombies approaches her.

“They’re coming.” Nick gasps as he struggles to stand up and glances at her.

Nemesis mumbles something incoherent as she scans around the forest, the silver crescent of moonlight remained the only light for them. The decaying smell came closer as Nemesis gags and backs away.

Suddenly Nick gasps and points behind her, “RUN!!!” he screams out grabbing her hand. She didn’t have enough time to glance behind to see what alarmed Nick but she ran: ran away from what ever possible danger could have been behind her but also because it seemed to have disturbed Nick greatly. After running through a mass amount of thorny bushes and decaying barks that once held life, they reached the end of the small forest and gasp for air. Nemesis intakes a fresh gulp of air, as her lungs burned for large amount of oxygen.

“What, what was behind me?” Nemesis whispers, taking a deep breath.

Nick gulps and closes his eyes, his back facing her, “It was one of the main vampires. Baal I think. He had sneaked up a tree and about to slit your throat if you backed up any further.”

Nemesis narrows her eyes and stares back at the dark forest, “Really now? You don’t think I would have heard the guy creeping up from behind me.”

“No.” He quickly responds.

“Oh, well thanks I guess. I should be happy I still have my head intact then.”

“You’re welcome. Let’s go. The further away we get away from them the better it will be. We gotta warn the police, the city has gone on high alert because since the purification of the water.” Nick states as he gasps quietly, looking down on the ground. Nemesis follows his eyes and sees a decaying corpse, the thin threads of the remaining muscles strain to keep the corpse from falling apart. The rib cage was shattered open as the heart was missing along with other vital organs. It seemed the body was decapitated when the body was attacked by the zombies.

“Looks like their work.” Nemesis whispers, gagging on the faint foul odor that erupted from what once was a man’s body.

Nick covers his nose and pulls on her arm, “We’re wasting time, let’s go.”

And Nemesis nods her head, following behind the blonde man.
~*~


Orion smiles and adjusts the gun strap that held his rifle. He watches the soft moonlight gently caressing the dark lake’s surface.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Nairobi whispers, joining him on the small bridge and peering over the edge. “It seemed Liam had a sudden change in plans. He’s depositing the blood collected in the river. He has no use for it now since he has the ring.”

“Immortality. How interesting.” Orion whispers as he fingers the trigger of the rifle.

Nairobi smiles and giggles quietly, her black curls giving her a daunting yet beautiful image upon her golden tan cheeks. “What are doing here? Shouldn’t you be in the main hall preparing for the awakening. Liam is asking for you.”

“I’ll go when I’m ready. Tell Liam that.” Orion whispers, gazing at his large dark chocolate hands.

“Ok, just don’t take too long. We’ll begin in an hour. Liam would need all of us there.”

“Alright. And the sacrifices, will they be ready?” Orion whispers, smiling at the thought of the innocent blood that will open the gates of Hell.

“Yeah, though we’re missing one of them. I can’t find one of the guys.”

Orion gazes at her and smirks, “Well we should find him before its time. Its all their blood that will gain us the access to the gates of Damnation.”

Nairobi nods her head, “Very well. You know where he is. You saw him last. Find him and bring him back here.” And she disappears into the shadows of the darkness, walking back towards the impending tower.

Orion smile and watches the curvy silhouette slip into the dark light, “Some kind of woman.” And he turns back to view the gentle dark river below him.
~*~

The tall dark haired vampire peers at Howie and then at Cabal and Damaris. He hisses out, his fangs gleaming in the soft yellow hallway lights, “Who are you?”

Howie smiles and stands before the vampire, “I’m Howie, one of the chosen ones. I know about the amulet, the red ruby that possesses powers. I handed it over to one of the others who goes by the name Kevin. I figured I’m welcomed here since after all you’ll need me to complete the task at hand.”

The vampire chuckles and gazes at Howie and snorts at Cabal. “What are you doing here? I thought you’d punk out and never come here. Demetrius told me you left our side. You always did have a weak side for humans. Fool.”

Cabal growls and forms a fist, “I never did like you. I got more blood for you.” And he pushes Damaris forward. Damaris smiles and nervously gulps, she didn’t know what to believe. Where they acting? Or was this some conniving way of deceiving her.

“Blood? Oh well I thought you killed the body instead of bringing someone here?” The vampire asks, blocking the threshold of the Tower.

“I wanted to make a peace offering with Liam, figured he would accept it, seeing al live one here.” Cabal whispers, gently squeezing Damaris’s hand to inform her that its part of the plan.

The vampire rolls his dark eyes and moves away from the threshold, “Fine, get inside. I’ll take you to the main hall room where the activities are beginning.” The vampire begins walking down the long red carpeted hallway, leading them towards a grand magnificent arc doorway.

Howie leans near Damaris’s ear and whispers, “I won’t then get you. Don’t worry, we planned this out. He’s leading us to the guy in charge.”

Damaris nods her head and whispers back, “Yeah right. If that Liam guy gets to close to me, I’m hurt him.”

Cabal pinches her arm and smiles, “Shhhh, watch this.” And Cabal walks directly behind the vampire that allowed their entrance and pulls out a silver dagger. Throwing the dagger straight at that vampires back, it slams into the base of the vampire’s neck. The vampires hisses out quietly in pain before turning around and staring at Cabal. Then the vampire slumps dead on the floor as the three of them quietly inch their way over to the doorway. They peer in to see a tall golden haired lanky man standing in the center of the room giving orders of the preparations.

“That’s him, that’s the famous Liam.” Cabal whispers.

Damaris watches and smiles. It was strange to her, she never met the man before but she felt immediately drawn to him. She was tempted to walk up to him and touch him, to see if he was real. Maybe it was the vampire identity that she found so disturbed yet so appealing to her.

“Damaris pay attention. You didn’t listen to what I said.” Cabal whispers into her ears as she stares back at him.

“Sorry. It was just…” Damaris begins but is cut off.

“No need to explain. Since you’re human, you’re feeling the effects of his powers. He’s a vampire, a strong one at that and he has the ability to draw people to him.” Cabal whispers.

“Oh really?” She purrs, smiling at Liam’s direction, “Well, are you going to introduce me to him or what?”

Howie sighs and runs his hands through his unruly dark hair, “Yeah, but get a hold of yourself. You can’t let him get to you, he could kill you and you’d probably let him.”

Damaris gulps and closes her eyes, “You’re right, you’re right. I’ll try to control myself.”

“Good. Now, let’s go introduce ourselves.” Cabal states, stepping into the room. He could hear gasps as Brian’s mouth drops open in shock.

Liam turns around and stares coldly at Cabal’s entrance. “What are you doing here?”

Demetrius steps into the room from another doorway and laughs, “Cabal what a surprise to see you here and you brought company. My Damaris, you’re blood would have been quite the treat for the hell mouth, but you’re not needed now. But you don’t have to leave so soon. Why don’t you join the party? Maybe you remember these guys, right Howie?” Demetrius whispers, yanking on A.J.’s arm and throwing him over to Howie. Both men crash and topple to the floor painfully. “FOOLS! You think we’re gonna fall for what you have planned?! Then you’re sadly mistaken.”

Cabal swallows and steps closer to the room, inching his way over to Liam, “Please, Demetrius is only making up lies so you won’t kill him. Its all lies, would you really think I bring in a human into this place if she wasn’t a treat for you?” Cabal whispers, bowing down to him.

Liam glances at Demetrius and narrows his eyes, Howie speaks up: “Listen to him, he’s right.”

Liam glances at Demetrius and hisses, “Are they telling the truth, are you trying to backstab me? Why should I trust you? All of a sudden when I mentioned I was going after the Amulet, you decided to join up with my team. I knew something was up.” Liam growls: stepping closer to Demetrius.

Suddenly Demetrius grabs Brian and places him in front of him, “Uh, uh, uh. Not so fast now. You’ll have to kill this one before you reach me.” Demetrius seethes, pulling Brian towards him.

Liam laughs and shakes his head, “You know I can’t do that. He’s needed along with the other four. And now that the last one is here, we’re all ready.” Liam smiles manically.

A young vampire burst into the room saying that Kindel was found dead and Nick and Nemesis have escaped somewhere.

Liam growls and was about to head out the room when his mobile phone goes off. He fumbles through his black pant pockets and talks on the phone quietly as A.J. and Howie stand up and whisper to one another.

“Geez A.J. are you ok?” Howie asks, as A.J. dusts himself off.

“Yeah, you’re in here? I’m glad to see you remembered us.” A.J. murmurs as he glances at Damaris. “Damaris don’t be mad with us. Nemesis isn’t here. Nick took her out of this place. She’s safe somewhere outside.”

Damaris shakes her head and smirks sarcastically, “Sure she’s safe. I’m to believe that from someone who’s working for Liam.”

A.J. grabs her shoulders and whispers into her ears, “Look, we’re being watched on the cameras, we had to pretend we’re on Liam’s side so Nemesis could live. Liam was close to killing her. But he decided to send us to him, then after talking to Nemesis we had to painfully tell her that her little brother was murdered in our hands.”

“Wh, what?!” Damaris shrieks out quietly, pushing away from A.J.

A.J. grabs her arm and spins her around to face him, “Listen to me, you’re confused, its makes sense. But we’re in a big load of mess and if we can’t stop Liam from going through with his plans, it looks like we’ll be the ones to die. Liam needs the blood of the five of us chosen ones. It was predestined that hell would be opened by the few chosen ones and we just happen to be it. Don’t you see Damaris, we’re all screwed if we can’t think of something.”

“Oh bite me!” Damaris hisses as she swings her away from him. “You’ll betrayed Nemesis! How could you even think of murdering an innocent live!”

Howie whispers and tells her quiet down, “Shhh, Damaris relax. We’re trying to kill Demetrius and Liam, then we’ll be free from them. Do you understand?”

Damaris sucks her teeth and glares at Cabal who shrugs his shoulders. “What are you looking at?” She growls as two vampires were called over to grab Damaris by her arms. They drag her over to Liam who hangs up his phone and walks over to her. Liam screams out a profanity and thrashes slamming his mobile phone onto a wall besides him. “Baal, when I get my hands on you I’m gonna rip your intestines out and feed it to the dogs.” Kevin watches curiously as Liam seems to mutter something to Demetrius about how close Baal was to capturing Nemesis and Nick who managed to escape.

Damaris screams and thrashes around in the grip of the two vampires as Liam smiles and cups Damaris’s mouth roughly in his hand.

“Hmmmm, Damaris right? It seems your little friend was spotted escaping the room. Baal just informed me that he almost had Nemesis by the throat literally speaking. Her head would have fallen into his hands if your buddy Nick haven’t been so aware of his surroundings. But fine, I’ve sent out Orion and Baal and I’ll make sure they’ll bring your buddies back in pieces.”

Damaris screams out as Cabal watches painfully. The two vampires taking Liam’s orders place Damaris on a plank of wood and stand it up. They strap her, tying her wrists and ankles around the wood.

Brian watches and nervously glances at A.J. who stares at Kevin. Kevin it seemed to have fallen in shock and watch the disarray in fear.

“Kev, Kev. Hey what are we gonna do? This plan is working out like it should! Damaris is gonna get torched alive if we don’t do something now!” Brian whispers out nervously.

Kevin nods his head and passes his fingers through his raven spikes, “Ok, look, obviously, I didn’t think they would get in here, I’m surprised by that, but that means we have to get Damaris out of here. We have forty five minutes left before the gates open and they use the gem. So I’m thinkihng maybe A.J. can sneak her out of here.”

“How, without getting caught cause that’s near impossible. The fortress is guarded heavily now and the way Nick escaped is too far a distance for A.J. and Damaris to get too.” Brian states, his azure eyes clouded in worry.

Kevin sighs, “That’s the only way. That or she’ll die trying to get out. But I can’t afford to her die right here.” Kevin peers at A.J. at nudges his head towards the threshold.

A.J. nods back and sighs, “Look, I’m gonna get her out of here. You guys gotta distract Liam while I get Damaris out of here k?”

“How?” Howie asks fearfully, “What do you want me to do? Tell him about the how the power of the ring would only work when wearing it?”

“Yes! Exactly! Good going D!” A.J. beams as he pushes his friend towards Liam.

Liam approaches Damaris and smirks, grabbing her dark locks in his hands, “Ummmm, my. You know if I was of your species I would have fallen for you. But I’m not, you’re just here to entertain me. Boys set her fire, let’s see how loud she can scream.” Liam demands as three vampires carry a can of gasoline towards her direction.

“I think now would be a good time!” A.J. murmurs to Howie as Howie grabs Liam by the shoulder and laughs,

“Oh you’re not going to burn her now are you?” Howie plays along, as he grabs Liam and turns him to face him. Liam’s back was facing Damaris on the plank so he couldn’t see what was occurring behind him.

Liam narrows his eyes and laughs, “Uh yes, do you have a problem with that?”

“Well, its you see, I just think that’s so played out. I mean here I am meeting the all grand master Liam and you’re using an old technique. Really Liam, you’re quite the disappointment.” Howie states, watching Brian and Kevin kill the vampire henchmen around the room. Demetrius was ready to scream out but was gagged when Cabal got of hold of some old rag. The two quietly rumble around the floor, as Cabal knocks Demetrius unconscious against the hard floor. Howie manages to make enough noise for Liam to keep his focus on him as A.J. cut Damaris lose and both fled the room. Once Damaris and A.J. were cleared out, Howie laughs and sighs. Liam grumbles and turns out to his dismay to see all except Brian and Kevin besides Demetrius who was lying on the floor staring back at him. He gasps as he sees the blood splotches of his fellow workers scattered through out the floor. Suddenly he locks eyes with Howie and laughs.

“You really think you outdid yourselves huh? I knew you all were putting on an act, I just didn’t know how long you could pull it off. But you just helped me out. I needed more on the floor and you did just that by killing them. Thanks Brian and Kevin. Cabal I must commend you, you had me fooled.” Liam whispers happily as he gracefully takes out a switch blade hidden beneath his long black sleeve, “But you have to remember you can’t fool the master and get away with it.” He whispers, dropping his voice octaves lower. He makes his way quickly over to Kevin and flings the switch blade towards him. Kevin ducks and watches the blade crash into someone behind him.

“Brian!” Kevin screeches out as the blade careens with Brian’s right arm. Brian screams out as he drops to the floor painfully.

“What was that for?” Cabal shouts, challenging Liam.

Liam leans over the man and laughs, “None of you can take me on. I’m far too strong for any of you. Now if you don’t mind. I have to get Damaris and get you guys ready.” He raises his arms and the room shakes violently suddenly as the all the doorways lock close with black spikes slamming close on each door. Cabal runs to one doorway just as the spikes clamp down on the ground, locking him in with Liam.

“No where to go Boys. Just me and three no make that four with Demetrius. I’m sure you’re little friend is getting caught as we speak. There’s no way to leave this place unless…” Liam smirks and whispers out the last words, “You die.”

Brian laughs as he cringes in pain, Kevin nursing to his wound, “Actually there is, but you don’t know about it.”

“SILENECE!” Liam roars, his dark sapphire orbs burning in fury. “Nick was lucky to have escaped! Poor Kindel, she will be avenged. I promise you that.”

Kevin, Brian and Cabal gulp: staring at Liam who laughs manically. “So kids, now we’re gonna have some fun.” And he walks over to a wall, pushing out a black lever and pulling it over to his right. The ground begins to shake once again and suddenly sharp black spikes begin to protrude from the floor. One spike hinges onto Brian’s jacket and pulls him up with it as the spike raises to a elevation of ten feet off the ground. Brian swings his legs and struggles as the spike holds him up. Brian glances down and gulps. He could jump but the problem with that would be where he would land. All around the floor, spikes were rising from the ground and Kevin and Cabal got a piece of their clothes got in the edge of the protruding spike. So they too where left hanging around in the sharp spikes as Howie crawls over to where Liam was standing safe away from the rising spikes.

“What are you doing? Get over there!” Liam yells pulling out a pistol and aiming it at Howie.

“Don’t shoot him!” Kevin shouts, thrashing around on the spike that his coat was held on.

“You can’t stop me!” Liam roars at Kevin and faces Howie, “Now Howie, where were we?” Liam states: pointing his pistol towards Howie’s chest. Howie shakes and lands on his back as the ground continues shaking. He crawls back away from Liam, digging his hands onto the granite floor.

Liam laughs and smirks, fingering the trigger, “Say goodnight now Howie. It was nice meeting you. I can use your blood when your die.” And with that he pulls on the trigger and smiles.
~*~

Damaris stops running and leans against a wall, gasping for air, “Wait, wait. Slow down. I…can’t…keep…with…you…” She whispers out between breaths.

A.J. shakes his head and pulls on her arm, “No, we can’t stop, we have to keep going. Those things are out looking for us.”

Damaris sighs and glares at him, “You are one of those things.”

“Yeah, whatever but I’m trying to get you out of here. So let’s move.” A.J. states, grabbing Damaris’s arm and tugging her off the wall she was tiredly leaning on. He glances down the dimly light hallway and hears a laughter.

“Ah Damn, this ain’t good.” A.J. whispers as a shadow of a woman comes into view.

“I think this is something good now isn’t it Alex?” Nairobi whispers, smiling seductively at him. She eyes Damaris and frowns, “Why A.J. who’s this? I thought me and you had something happening here? Don’t tell me you gave up on our relationship to go for a mortal. You’re better than that, much better. Why settle for a ham sandwich when you can eat steak right here?” Nairobi smiles, trailing her pointer finger down her black leather cat suit which captured every curve and nuzzle her bosoms gracefully.

A.J. smiles and rolls his eyes, he had to admit, she was a genuine beauty that he did admit but she wasn’t what he had in mind for a relationship at least not anything more than sexual.

“Do you like what you see?” She whispers as Damaris pokes A.J. on the side reminding him of how they have to have a way out of here.

A.J. laughs and backs away, “Yeah, but I have better things to do. So I’ll see ya later.” And both him and Damaris walk back down the hallway only to Orion standing at the other end of the hallway.

“Great this is just peachy.” Damaris hisses as Orion steps into the lit hallway.

“Oh the fun just started.” Orion whispers, holding a ivory sword in his hand as he makes his way towards them.
~*~

Nemesis collapses on a log besides the quiet stream as Nick splashes cold water onto his face. “We need to rest.” Nemesis states: eying the man besides her.

Nick sighs and leans back tiredly against a large boulder, “Yeah, you’re right. I feel like hell myself. But I just know Liam set people after us especially after finding Kindel’s dead body in the room.”

“She deserved it.” Nemesis grins at the image of that woman dying.

Nick smirks, “You’re bad.”

“I know.”

“I think you deserve a big apology on my behalf. What happened with your brother and all was not my doing. I was just listening to Liam’s orders, that or I riskes the lives of a lot of people. We had to prove to Liam that we were quote on quote on his side and trust me we all tried finding a way to talk him out of it, but he said that if we didn’t do it, he would kill your entire family and we couldn’t do that. God Nemesis, I don’t even know what to say that will make that pain ease cause that’s impossible. My intention was to protect you not hurt you. I’m sorry I let you down.” Nick whispers.

Nemesis fought back tears as her eyes clouded over in grief; she wrapped her arms around her knees which were pulled up to her chest. Her flushed face streaked with fresh new tears as she sobbed quietly.

Nick bite on his lower lip as the lump in his throat grew; he could feel a tear edge his way out as he sighs and drops his head. He could hear Nemesis’s grief as the stream gently passes besides them; the morbid feeling lingered in the dark sky as Nick slides over and wraps his arms around the sobbing woman. He hoping in some way to ease her discomforts for now.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The Dark Void by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~The Dark Void~**

Nemesis grips the small blade in her hands as she flings it towards an oncoming creature. The decaying zombie moans out and collapses on the ground dead bleeding, the foul yellow liquid oozes from its ribcage. Nick makes a disgusted face and glances at Nemesis.

“No matter how many times I see those things die, I still get grossed out.”

Nemesis smirks and stares at the shining metal now covered in a sticky slimy yellow and clear liquid and places it back on the clip in her belt. “Yeah well I never get tired of killing those things.”

“Let’s go then. Before a herd of them comes back.” Nick states, smiling at her and gently tugging on her arm. The two walk further down the dense forest, only the soft ragged breathing of theirs echoed in the forest.

“Seriously why did you get me out of there? Why kill that chick back there to piss off the vampires. Liam will have your head for it.” Nemesis states, stepping over broken branches littered on the ground.

Nick sighs and leading the way down the dark pathway, he maintains his gaze focused ahead: “I needed to save you. Too many lives have died in our hands or in the hands of the society. Plus, just because I’m part of a vampire doesn’t mean I don’t have a conscious, I’m still human you know. And honestly after playing along for a while, Kindel started to get to me. She was gonna kill you and I couldn’t let that happen. You deserve to live, not be involved in this crazy mess that still has me confused about it.”

Nemesis not buying the whole innocent act kept walking in silence.

“You don’t believe me do you?”

Nemesis snorts slightly and rolls her lights eyes, “Oh gee, what could have told you that?”

Nick smiles softly and sighs, “Believe what you wanna believe. My actions speak louder than words.”

Nemesis lets his words sink in as they continued trekking through the decaying forest. After reaching a dead end, the two spot a small warehouse where they decided to rest for the time being.

The rickety wooden door hinges groan loudly as Nick opens the door to enter. Pushing aside some cobwebs, both creep into the warehouse and close the door behind them. Only darkness seems to be surrounding them as they blindly walk to the side of the shed. Nemesis bangs into a desktop and hears the clatter of metal objects on the table.

“Oomf. Ouch, I think there’s some weapons over here.” Nemesis grumbles, rubbing her injured knee. Nick stumbles over blindly grabbing a hanging cord that entangled around his fingers.

“What the…” Nick grumbles, yanking on the cord that in captured his fingers, suddenly a bright yellow light infiltrates the room. Squinting, Nick brushes his hands over a sharp edge metal weapon, a katana.

Nemesis smiles and grabs a hook sword that curved at one end and held a handle to grab the sword. The sharp edge sword glittered in the new found light. “This is where Demetrius must have stored the weapons we trained with.” She whispers, grabbing the weapons and angrily narrowing her eyes at the thought of Demetrius betraying her.

“I say we store up: those things out there are getting stronger as they last and we’ll need the high tech stuff to stop ‘em. It seems bullets aren’t working for them now.” Nick whispers curiously, “We’ll get Demetrius. Don’t worry about it.” He noted the uneasiness that shrouded Nemesis and he hoped he can help calm her down.

Nemesis glanced up at him for moment, her eyes clouded in rage before the soft blue and green swirls in her eyes died down. They quickly grabbed some daggers and swords. Nemesis smiles and pulls out a steel fan- her favorite weapon. It seemed so innocent and deadly all at the same time. Nick picks up jojutsu: a wooden pole used for fighting and tucks it onto the back of his black trench coat. They quickly gather their new weapons in silence when suddenly the dusty ceiling window above them shatters open, as a creature slams towards their direction. Quickly, Nick and Nemesis dash out the door of the small shed in time to hear the zombie crash and die from its fall.

“Oh nice move dummy.” Nemesis murmurs rolling her eyes as she steadies herself holding a Kama: a curved hooked metal blade sword used for the killing of vampires. She smiles knowing that she can always test this weapon out with a vampire standing in front of her. Nick glances at her nervously and smiles,

“Wh, what’s up?”

“Oh nothing. Just excited about using this new Kama. You know this was used back in the olden days to kill off those of your species.” Nemesis hisses out, inching closer to Nick as Nick stands straight and raises his eyebrows.

“So what are you saying?” Nick questions her, his pupils suddenly filling to a frightening blood red. Nemesis stops and gasps as she Nick smile, “What’s wrong? You act like you never saw a vampire before?”

Nemesis shakes her head and points, “Your, your eyes!” She squeaks out, pointing at him.

Nick simply smiles and blinks his eyes, the blood fill pupils vanish quickly as it came returning to the happy sapphire orbs that females are drawn to, “Watch out. Baal is hunting for you. I might not be watching you all the time, just so you know.”

Nemesis narrows her eyes and straighten up, “I’m tough enough, I don’t need a man to defend me.”

Nick simply nods his head once and smiles, “Good, you’re tough enough anyway. You practically kicked my behind back at the society. I’m sure you can handle yourself.”

“Thanks. So let’s go.” Nemesis smiles and murmurs, walking pass large redwood trees, where suddenly she was toppled to the ground by something heavy that landed from behind her. She tries screaming but Nick continuing his walking didn’t hear her or turned around cause another zombie was close to clobbering him. Nick who was busy fighting with the beast didn’t hear as poor nemesis struggles with Baal.

Baal stares down at his prize, he longed to capture a woman and intake their living liquid, he never had the opportunity to sip a woman’s blood for they were always screamers and he would get caught, but this one in particular seemed more calm than other females. Baal passes his large thick cinnamon hands over Nemesis’s pale bruised neck. Nemesis groans and is flipped onto her back so that she’s staring at the face of her killer. Baal smiles and passes his fingers over her soft cheery lips, “Shhhh, this won’t take long.” His fangs emerge as his dark eyes stare down at her. He straddles her and holds her down with his arms on either side as he leans close to her neck. She tries to move but fails miserably as his heavy weight left her immobile beneath him. She struggles to move, to throw him off but nothing was working. She freezes, chills striking the very core of her frighten soul, she was gonna die, if Nick didn’t throw this vampire off her. She seemed frozen in horror as Baal was a centimeter away from breaking into her neck. Suddenly Baal looks into her eyes as he leans over and smiles. His eyes roll to the back of his head suddenly as he lands dead on her, his heavy body practically crushing her. Nemesis takes a deep breath and with the very little strength she has in her body, she kicks him off her and sits up to see what happened to Baal. It seemed Baal was struck with an arrow that must have hit Nick’s body before hitting him. She turns around to see Nick wounded lying on his stomach, clutching his bleeding arm to his chest. A small trial of the dark blood trails down the side of his lips as he gasps out in pain.

“Nick!” She chokes out, crawling over to him painfully, “Damn, what happened to you? Didn’t you see where the arrow came from?”

Nick shakes his head and coughs roughly, spitting out blood. “Here, let me get you up. And thanks again for saving me.”

Nick coughs and shakes from the chills of his wounds, “Welcome. That would make it the second time now wouldn’t it?”

Nemesis smiles, as much as she wanted to kill him there was something about him that proved he was trust worthy. After all he saved her once again, she was beginning to consider Nick along with the others in his group were blinded and fooled to take part in the plan. But that still didn’t justified her brother’s death. She doubted that she can easily forgive and move on, a part of her family was taken from her and she needed to get some form of revenge, her brother’s death will not go unpunished.

Nick kneels down in utter agony and cries out in pain as his stomach was badly wounded. Nemesis gulps and knew she needed him alive, she couldn’t go out on without him for there were too many zombies and vampires called out into the night after her blood and she couldn’t kill all of them alone. For a minute she was glad he was suffering for his past misdeeds that her poor brother had to be feeling. And she watches Nick bleed slowly as he cries out to forget him and go on.

“Go! Leave. They want you! Forget me!” Nick shouts to her.

Nemesis was ready to bolt out except her conscious came back to her strongly, “Dammit.” She growls as she grabs Nick and stands him up, “I can’t leave without you.”

“Yes you can!”

“No, now shut up and move!” Nemesis hisses, holding the heavily bleeding man in her arms.

Nick cries out as pain begins shooting down his body, “AHhhhh, damn. I can’t walk, it hurts.”

“Be a man and live.” Nemesis growls, clutching Nick as he drags his feet onto the ground. They slowly make their way down a dark pathway onto another road hopefully where they can rest and heal.
~*~

Howie watches in horror as the bullet slams out the pistol and heads to him. Howie ducks down enough for the bullet to gaze pass his ear and hit a wall behind him. Liam growls and steps closer to Howie as the ground continues to shake violently. Kevin, Brian and Cabal scream out as they remain hanging from the sharp spikes that protruded from the floor now. Liam grabs Howie by the throat leaving the poor man to thrash and struggle in his grip. Smiling, Liam laughs and raisies the pistol to Howie forehead, pressing the cold head of the gun to Howie’s warm flesh. Suddenly Liam sees something in Howie’s eyes and drops the gun, letting go of Howie and scanning around the room in fright.

“How, how can it be?!” Liam shouts nervously, backing away from the man who was lost in confusion. Liam gazes at Howie once again and shivers, bolting out of the room from a nearby latch hidden beneath the ground. Howie chases after him but stops to see Brian, Kevin and Cabal hanging from the spikes, “I’ll get you guys down.”

“No forget it, don’t worry about it. Just go after Liam. He knows something and it deals with you. Go after him!” Cabal yells, his legs swinging in mid-air as his jacket remained intact to an edge of a iron sharp pole. Howie sighs and nods his head, jumping into the latch to go after Liam. He jumps into the cold windy hallway that lead beneath the latch and slowly followed it to the end. There at the end stood a large arch iron door and Howie assumed that this is where Liam must have ran to. Thoughts swirled to his head about what exactly did Liam saw when he gazed at him, why did he run away and shout out in surprise after seeing him. He was confused, was his past something he couldn’t’ remember yet Liam does. How would that make sense? He was tired of being in a constant state of confusion and always feeling lost since the whole Crimson Society came into place. He needed to find out what exactly made Liam so frightened when he looked at Howie’s face.

Howie grabs the cold copper handle and pulls it open to see the door managed to ajar. The door was much too heavy to completing open all the way so Howie managed to squeeze through the small slot the door and enter the room. It was highly extravagant room, with beautiful pure crystal white chandeliers hanging from the delicate white and golden swirled painted ceiling. The room was large and beautifully carpeted with a rich dark red that brought out the soft and radiant beauty. The white patterned walls of delicate swirls in gold, reflected the beauty of the room with large portraits hanging around the room. Howie sighs and gazes to see if Liam was there and sure enough Liam was crouched in the corner of the room, on his knees pleading for mercy. Howie utterly confused, walks further into the room and kneels close to Liam. Liam flinches and backs away, staring at him, “Get away from me! Its impossible! You can’t be alive! Not after all this time!”

Howie shakes his head and gulps, “Look I don’t know who you think I am but this is getting crazy.”

Liam takes a deep breath and for moment, Howie thought it was Nick from the profile. “Liam. What’s going on?”

“It’s over. It’s over. I lose.” Liam whispers in a quiet chant, shaking his head slowly.

“Answer my question.” Howie whispers, the goose bumps pricking his arms.

“Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?” Liam whispers, shuddering as he kicks a small piece of broken glass over to the edge of Howie’s boots. Howie glances down and sees his own reflection. Shaking his head, he shrugs his shoulders,

“I don’t understand. Are you afraid of me?”

Liam gasps and takes a deep breath, “Cabal was smart in bringing you here. He knew I couldn’t do anything without your blood, but I don’t need your blood. You are who we’ve been looking for all this time.”

Howie gulps and watches Liam straighten up and stands before him, “Beside being the chosen one, Howie, you are who made us who we are. All this time, the history of Dagon and hear you are standing before me as I speak. I never thought I would see you again. But you’re here. And I’m glad.”

Howie scared at this point, rapidly shakes his head and backs away from Liam, “No! No! I don’t know what you’re talking about. This isn’t making any sense.”

Liam’s eyes cloud over, the red blood filling into his pupils, “Father, you came back. Welcome Dagon. Welcome home.”

Howie’s heart patters rapidly as he stumbles back, “What are you talking about?! I’m not him! I’m Howie. I’m human. You can’t tell me I’m something that started a lineage of horrific killers!”

Liam smiles, “My dear father, its in your eyes, I can’t forget a feeling like that. Your eyes can see into my dead soul, your memory has vanished, but I promise you father that tonight it will all come back.”

Howie stares at the psychotic man and dashes out the room, whatever possessed that man to make such a horrible accusations send chills down Howie’s spine. Howie runs down the hallway and out the latch, back into the room where the spikes were. He looks up and realizes that Cabal, Brian and Kevin have somehow managed to escape and runs out the room to an empty doorway where the spikes were beginning to descend back into the ground. Howie leaps over the sharp spikes and runs down the red hallway to find the others. He needed to get the hell out of here, the people in here where not well in the head.
~*~

“I have a question, when you die, will you scream?” Nairobi states.

A.J. grips Damaris by the hand and gulps, “Look, I’m sure you two want to be alone, how about me and Damaris just leave and you guys can have your time alone.”

Orion laughs and holds out his hands, blocking A.J.’s way, “Oh nice, but we have business to take care of and that woman you have that will be our dessert after we rip her flesh off. So how about we make a deal and hand her over to us.”

“Uh, you know what. No. No that won’t work, see ‘cause I already have plans for her and killing her is not it.” A.J. smiles nervously as Orion towers over him.

“Really now, you don’t say? Well I don’t care about your plans. You’re in this building and under Liam’s orders: she will die. No human can leave this place and know what goes on inside here. We can‘t take that risk.” Orion growls, his large dark chocolate hands grips his two broad swords, one in each hand.

Damaris gulps and shakes her head as she feels Nairobi grab her from behind roughly. Nairobi leans down, her blood fill eyes gleam as her fangs come out, “No one will leave this place alive unless you’re one of us. And the last I checked this little woman isn’t one of us. Now Alex move aside, we will dine on her blood tonight.”

“Not if I put a stop to it.” Kevin states, holding an iron blade and swinging it over to Orion. Orion backs away as Brian jumps in front of Nairobi and pulls out a dagger ready to slice her. She backs away and laughs as she throws a punch and hits his jugular. Brian moves in time before her punch made full on contact and he smiles, stabbing her leg with a dagger. She screams out and grabs Brian by the nape of his neck, throwing him brutally against the wall. Brian cringes in pain and slides down the wall as Nairobi comes back for another hit.

Meanwhile, Kevin swings the iron blade at Orion as Orion dodges and moves away. Cabal appears down the hallway and grabs Damaris as A.J. is left to help Brian out. Cabal grabs a frightened Damaris and directs her out of the closest window. Cabal crashes the window and gazes down at the high height of the building. “This is hurt when we land, but its better we jump here than die in here.”

Damaris gulps and closes her eyes, “I don’t care! Just get me out of here!” And Cabal sighs, clutching Damaris near him,

“Ok, ready when you are.”

And Damaris nods her head as they both leap out the window, both of them escaping the tower in mere seconds.
~*~

Howie runs down the hallway and hears the loud crashing of the fighting that erupted. Howie takes a deep breath as he sees Kevin wounded horribly on his ribcage. He sees Orion holding what seemed like a large blade ready to slam it down on Kevin. Gasping, he sees a large puddle of blood seeping from Kevin’s side. Nairobi had already hurt Brian to unconsciousness and A.J. didn’t stand a chance against her. Suddenly Howie gripped the only weapon he could find on his way out of Liam’s room, a harpoon. Flinging the harpoon out, it snapped into Orion’s lower back, sending a death-defying scream that shattered the thin glass windows. Orion growls in agony and turns around, yanking the harpoon and sending Howie to fly towards him. “Big mistake buddy! You’re dead now!” Orion growls, his thick fingers grasp around Howie’s neck ready to break it. And Howie gasps as poor Kevin who was too weak in pain slumps painfully on the ground. Howie averted his eyes to Brian and A.J. who were unfortunately knocked out from Nairobi’s attacks. She watches with a smile on her face until her mouth drops open to see an iron blade slam through the abdomen of Orion. Howie looks to see Kevin painfully pushing a sword into Orion’s stomach. Orion growls and throws Howie on the ground roughly as he slams Kevin onto the wall, pulling the sword out of him. Smiling, he throws the bloody sword on the floor and faces Kevin. “You can’t kill me. Only the higher powers can touch me and you’re not it.”

Howie smiles as and idea ran through his head, he only hoped it would work. He struggles to stands up and crawls over to where Brian and A.J. were lying on the floor unconscious. Smiling, he knew this idea would have to work. “Higher powers huh? Let’s see how that works.” He whispers to himself as Orion chats to Nairobi about depositing the Boys bodies back into the room where the pattern to open the gates of Hell were at.

Howie gulps and shakes his head knowing this was going to be some kind of war to get out of here. He only hoped Cabal and Damaris made it out safely and hopefully he can join them.
~*~

Cabal sighs and slowly jump down the next ledge finally reaching the ground, “Come on Damaris, one more ledge and we’re out of here.”

Damaris jumps down and lands on her feet as they both look at the menacing tower that loom over head of them. “Where’s Nemesis?”

“It seems the one of the guys helped her escape, if anything she’s far from here as we talk.” Cabal states as they begin their trek down the pathway and into the forest where only thirty minutes ago, Nick and Nemesis had been.

After walking for what seemed like hours to them, Cabal sniffs the air and his eyes light up. “They’re around here somewhere, I smell one of their blood. Someone’s hurt.”

Damaris gasps and tugs on her dark locks, “Please don’t let it be Nemesis.” And they both run down the road to see two familiar figures sitting on a hefty boulder besides the vacant road. The night sky provided very little light as they reached the two people.

“Nemesis? Is that you?” Damaris whispers as Nemesis lifts her head up in surprise.

“Damaris?! Oh My God! I found you! We’re in trouble Nick’s badly hurt. I was gonna leave him, God how I wanted to but I started guilty. But it doesn’t matter, I found you guys or should I say the other way around! I’m so glad you’re ok!” Nemesis blurts out quickly, throwing her blood stained arms around her friend. Cabal smiles and watches as the two women embrace.

“Oh man I thought you were dead when they took you.” Damaris cries out.

“No, No! I made it out. It seems the Boys had a guilty conscious and have planned to fool the entire Dark Falls Society by playing along with them. One of them is dead, Kindel. Nick killed her and just a few minutes ago, he killed off Baal.” Nemesis whispers cradeling a shivering Nick who was turning blue from the lack of blood that he was losing.

Cabal sighs and brushes his hands over Nick’s fair face, “He needs blood now. He lost too much during his fight. He’ll die in thirty minutes if he doesn’t get any blood now.”

Nemesis sighs and shakes her head, “I’m not giving him mine’s. He caused enough Hell in my life, I’m not helping him to that extent.”

“Well that just leaves you Da…” Cabal is cut off by Damaris,

“Oh no no. That’s not funny.” She shivers, stepping closer to get a look at Nick who was gagging, he’s breathing becoming ragged. He was slowly losing color to his skin as his eyes start rolling to the back of his head,

“Damaris now!” Cabal growls, staring at her as she thinks about it. Should she help her enemy or let him die like he should? At least at the moment, Nick seemed like the enemy and according to Nemesis, she wasn’t thrill about Nick.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Enemies in Sheep's Clothes by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Enemies in Sheep’s Clothes~**

Liam smiles and burst into an erotic laugh, tossing a pile of written papers into the air. A young vampire girl giggles lightly, her raven curls bounce off her shoulders as she sits in a chair in front of Liam’s desk. He leans on his elbows and tilts close to the young girl, her ashen mocha complexion glittered gently in the florescent light. “Jezreel, do you know what I found out?” He whispers to the young child who peers nervously at him.

“No, what did you find master Liam?” Jezreel bubbles sweetly, her innocent face contrast with the evil that her small body held.

“I, my dear child have found the king. He’s here in this very building. Dagon has returned.”

Jezreel gasps and breaks into a wide smile, “Is he really here Master Liam? Is the one who began our linage really here?!”

“Yes.” He whispers, standing up and walking around the desk to grab her small hands. “Come. Let me take you to him.”

“Does he know?” Jezreel asks curiously.

Liam shakes his head, “Not yet sweetie, his memory has failed him. But it will come back later tonight. Dagon has been trapped inside that body for a while, but tonight, tonight my child, he will appear and that man will know his true destiny.”

Jezreel inhales happily and grips Liam’s hand, standing up from her seat and walking along side of him. “What’s his name? The guy that has been caring for Dagon.”

Liam chuckles and picks the small child up in his arms, he brushes away her dark raven locks away from her round cheeks. “He goes by the name of Howie. Seems Howie and the rest of his friends don’t remember nor refuse to recognize their awaited destiny. They don’t understand what they are, but we do right Jez?”

The small girl giggles and nods her head, wrapping her smooth arms around Liam’s neck. Liam smiles and tilts his head at her, “You know, don’t you? About who they really are right?”

Jezreel licks her small lips and simply nods her head, her rippling curls lie beautifully around her neck and shoulders, “They are the ones we need to move our race to power. Their blood has been stained with innocence and evil all at the same time. They are the ones that carry the ruby gem, the sacred ring that allows those who wear it to have control and power. They are the chosen ones.”

Liam nods his head impressed at the young girl’s intelligence, Jerzeel looked no more than six years of age but was changed into vampire from her parents past affairs. One lucky vampire had the opportunity to claim and subdue her mother, transforming her and Jezreel. The only child within the entire society, Jezreel was spoiled with good means. Liam loves that child like it was own. Her mother later died during one of her hunts, it seems the human she was taking blood from was armed and shot her in the heart, killing her instantly. Jezreel was never told how her mother died and it was for the best. Already hitting her one hundred years of age, Jerzeel looked more beautiful with her never aging body. “Do you know that all by yourself or did someone tell you?”

Giggling insanely, her bright eyes twinkle as she shakes her head, “No, master Demetrius told me. But I wanted to surprise you.”

Liam chuckles and places the young child on the floor, her small feet steadying herself as she grabs his left hand, twirling under his arm sending her dark scarlet dress to twirl gracefully around her small body. “Come, let us go. We have to gather everyone now. It’s time.”

“Yea!!!” Jezreel giggles out as they exit the office.
~*~

“Howie, I, I don’t know.” Brian painfully whispers out as he awakes from his unconsciousness.

“You guys it got to work. I can stall them while you get out of here.” Howie states as A.J. shakes his head in disapproval.

“No, we can’t leave you behind. We got to get out.” A.J. whispers, rubbing his temple gently as pain floods his body.

“And we will, just not at the same time. Besides I need you two to get out of here with Kevin. He’s too wounded and needs some medical attention. You guys just trust me, it’ll work.” Howie pleads with his two friends as they both sigh and agree.

Brian exhales and shakes his head, “D, I don’t know why you wanna stay here any longer, but it’s up to you. Let’s get Kevin out of here.” Brian states stronger, his energy slowly restoring. Both Brian and A.J. stand up as Howie rushes over to Nairobi and Orion. While Howie was running towards them, A.J. and Brian stay in the dark shadows of the hallways creeping closer to Kevin who was lying on the carpet behind Orion and Nairobi. Howie rushes to the wounded Orion and rams his hands into Orion’s leather jacket pocket, pulling out a boxcutter and slashing Orion across the chest. Nairobi growls and pulls Howie away as the fighting ensue with the three. While that was occurring, Kevin was picked up by Brian and A.J. and all three struggle and stumble back down the hallway towards the broken shard glass window that Cabal used earlier to escape. Brian gulps and shakes his head,

“We can’t go this way, it’s too far up and Kevin can’t climb down cause he’s too hurt.”

A.J. gulps and shakes his head, “We don’t have a choice. We can’t go down the hallways, I’m sure more vampires are on the way.” Suddenly as if to emphasize A.J. statement, red flashing lights begin to go off, setting off a high screeching siren. The red lights hanging on the white ceiling blink rapidly as suddenly a large herd of armed vampires emerge from down both sides of the hallway running down the hallway to find out what the commotion is. All seemed armed with arsenal of some type as they approach the end of the hallway where Howie is at.

“Now would be a good time to jump, don’t ya think?!” A.J. screams out as Kevin cries out. The sirens going off as the army of vampires enter the room.

“Easy buddy. I got this. We’ll get you out of here.” Brian whispers, clearing a way out the window as his heart bangs into his chest.

“Wait.” Kevin cringes, holding his bleeding abdomen. “I can’t go down there.”

“That’s what I said…”Brian says as A.J. interrupts him,

“Look we just have to get Kevin down the window. Kev, can you climb down ok?”

Kevin hisses in pain as the wound throbs, “Ye, yeah I think I might. But I’m not feeling too well now.”

“We’re getting you out now.” Brian whispers, clearing the window from its broken pieces. “I’ll go first.” And he leaps out onto the outside ledge and awaits as A.J. helps Kevin onto the ledge. A.J. turns around to see Howie swinging a box cutter towards Orion’s chest again only this time Nairobi grabbed him and ripped her nails into his back. A.J. hisses out in pain as he watches his wounded friend.

“Guys! I’ll see ya in a few, Howie needs help!” A.J. yells as an armed vampire smiles and swings his sword at him. A.J. moves to the side as the metal sword slams onto the wall, inches away. Brian hisses and disappears down the building, climbing down with Kevin.

A.J. moves away as he crashes into another vampire who was tall beyond the average height of any person. A.J. gasps as the man growls, its decaying teeth shining in the golden light, “Where do you think you’re going?” It hisses as A.J. fakes a laugh and pulls away from the vampire. He gazes to see Howie on the ground now, avoiding unsuccessfully the beating of Orion and Nairobi.

Gulping, A.J. closes his eyes for a second and with all his strength, he grabs the sword from the vampire in front of him and slides it into its abdomen causing the retched vampire to growl in agony. A.J. tries to move away to help Howie but is grabbed from behind by another vampire, “Howie!! Howie, fight them!” A.J. screams out as he struggles and fights the vampires surrounding him. It was more than a dozen vampires filling the hallways already and more were still coming. Howie moves away from Nairobi and crashes into the mist of vampires, losing himself in the crowd. A.J. notices Howie and kicks and slashes his way out of the swarming vampires. He seemed engulfed in the crowd as he feels his arms and neck ooze with his blood from all the biting and punctures coming from the weapons. He manages to reach the window and stands besides his friend. Howie reaches the way and kills off a few vampires by picking up a pistol and blasting away more than five of those creatures. Still it seemed like a suffocating mass as more vampires flooded the hallway reaching for him and A.J.

A.J. had an idea, “D, stay here will ya? I have an idea.”

Howie growls, holding the pistol at a direction of an oncoming vampire, “Oh yeah, no problem on that part! There’s no where to go!” He shouts sarcastically as A.J. rolls his eyes and throws himself in the mass mob. He could hear Howie’s panic voice cut through the crowd as to what is he doing. A.J. feels the filthy hands of the vampires grab onto his arms as they start clawing at him. A.J. clutches his teeth and he makes his way through the crowd. Suddenly he feels a hand pull him towards its direction. He slams into Nairobi as she smiles and grabs his neck, “Now there you are. Your friend is somewhere around here. Care to share?”

A.J smirks, “Nope. But do me a favor, hold this.” And he hands her the ruby ring that he managed to get away through all the mess. Nairobi shakes her head in shock and gasps as the ring topples onto her ring finger. She screams out as suddenly it seemed all the vampires were drawn to her. She tries to pull the ring off her finger but it sat snug on her finger. She cries out as the moaning and fighting stop. The large army of vampires surround Nairobi as Orion escapes the hallway to meet up with Liam. Nairobi stares at the semi-circle as the vampires grab her arms and begin pulling on opposite sides. She screams out a heart-retching cry as her muscles were being pulled apart. A string of muscles tried to unsuccessfully keep the body intact but failed. A.J. and Howie who leaped onto the outside ledge, watch in dismay and disgust as the vampires tear Nairobi in half from her torso, her body making a horrible ripping sound as a large pool of dark crimson blood exploded out onto the ground from the center of her torn chest. One side of her mutilated body crashes onto one side, the bones breaking as the vampires continue to pull at her torn body. Howie gags as A.J. clutches his stomach,

“D, let’s go. Please, I can’t take the sight of that anymore.” A.J. whispers, his skin ashen as he gags at the sight of the torn vampire.

Howie nods his head and both begin their descend down the side of the tower.
~*~

Orion curses loudly, rushing towards an office located two flights up, “Liam! Liam where are you?” He hisses holding his bloody arm.

“You’re staining the rug.” Demetrius states, clomping into the room. Orion tenses up and sneers,

“Where is he?”

Demetrius shrugs his shoulders, “How should I know? I’m his brother not his keeper.” He whispers, trailing his fingers over Orion’s bloody wrists. “Where’s Nairobi?”

“She, she’s dead.” Orion cries out, as the pounding soreness zooms down his spine.

“Dead? How?” Demetrius growls as he leans close to his partner.

“One of those guys gave her the ring. It got on her finger and the army Liam sent out turned against us. They tore her up.”

Demetrius remains quiet and smiles, “Funny how that turned out. Let’s go. Liam must have made his escape after those Boys.” And both vampires exit the room immediately.
~*~

“Stop! Howie stop! Oh God!” A.J. cries out as he leans over a bush and hurls out the late dinner that he had only hours ago.

“J, hurry up. I don’t wanna be near this place.” Howie whispers out, tugging on A.J.’s bloody black tank top.

A.J. coughs and struggles to stand up as they both make their way down a lone path. There they see Brian and Kevin waiting for them. Howie gasps at Kevin’s condition, a pale ashen complexion covering a shaking Kevin. Kevin was leaning on Brian’s shoulder as he begins coughing up blood.

“Guys you made it! Thank God! Kevin is too weak! I don’t know what to do with him!” Brian cries out, holding a quivering Kevin in his arms.

“Here, let me see.” Howie whispers, wiping away a bloody trail of blood that seemed to cover him along with the others all down their faces and arms. He kneels down and observe Kevin’s who’s crying out,

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me, let’s go.” Kevin chokes out as he attempts to stand up but collapses back onto Brian’s arms.

“Whoa easy there Kev. We’ll walk down a few, but Kevin needs to heal.” Brian whispers.

“How though? We can’t take him to the hospital.” A.J. whispers.

“He’ll need blood.” Howie whispers.

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Like we don’t have enough of it on us. Ugh.” A.J. grumbles spreading his arms out as small drops slide off his arms.

“We’ll kill something on the way.” Howie whispers as he helps Brian and grabs Kevin on the other side. Both men carry Kevin who is in the center as A.J. leads the way into a forest that creeps away from the Tower.

“Wait! Is that a motorcycle?” A.J. smiles as he races over to three parked red firebird motorcycles hidden behind a bush.

Howie smiles, “Yeah, oh man that’s right! I totally forgot about that! Let’s get on it. The faster we can get away from this place.” And A.J. and Howie hop into one each while Brian boards the third one with Kevin leaning on him.

“Ready? Let’s get the hell out of here!” A.J. yells happily, kicking up the kickstand and pulls away from the curb. The other two motorcycles roar into life and race down the road.
~*~

“Do me a favor? When you die tell me tell me if you can see me laugh from up here.” Nemesis seethes at Nick’s face.

“Stop it Nemesis!” Cabal roars, he grabs Nick and pulls the pale man into his arms. “Damaris, you have to help him.”

Damaris shakes her head, “No way. Bite me, I ain’t helping him!” She growls as Cabal growls at her.

“Don’t you see what you’re doing? You’re letting an innocent life die on your account!” Cabal seethes.

Nemesis smirks and decides to banter the poor ill man, “Nick sweetie, is it possible you can’t hunt on your own, or do we have to give you some food?”

As if to the response, Nick coughs up blood: his mouth floods up with dark liquid, spilling down on the sides of his jaw. “Ugh!” Nemesis jumps up and nervously backs away. “You weren’t kidding, he is dying.”

Cabal narrows his eyes, “One of you, help him now!”

Damaris glances at Nemesis as she shrugs her shoulders, “Go ahead, I don’t want to be like him and be cruel hearted. Though I won’t give him my blood, he isn’t worth it.” Nemesis murmurs.

Damaris gulps, “You sure? I, I don’t find this comforting.”

“It’s not supposed to be. But help him, he shouldn’t die, at least not yet. I want to be the one to kill him in my hands later on.” Nemesis banters at Nick who didn’t seem to listening at all as the immense pain consumed him.

Cabal growls as Damaris shakes her head and rolls up one of the black sleeves of her arm, placing her shaking wrist near Nick’s lips, she glared at Cabal.

Cabal smiles and pulls out a small blade, carefully puncturing her wrist. She hisses in pain as drops of her sweet blood drip onto Nick’s dry lips. Nick slowly opens his eyes and purses his lips as the drops slowly poured out. Damaris and Nemesis watch in disgust as Nick licks the blood off his lips and reaches for Damaris’s wrist.

“Ah no. Uh, uh. You can’t have my wrist.” She growls as Cabal bores his eyes into Damaris’s back.

Nemesis snatches Damaris’s wrist and wraps it up in a small rag. “That’s enough for him. He’s lucky he got anything at all.”

“What was that? You expect him to live on a taste of her blood?!” Cabal shouts.

“Yes.” Nemesis whispers, nursing Damaris’s wound: wrapping a white cloth around the cut wound and both women walk down the road.

“Wait, we should stay here.” Cabal whispers. Nemesis keeping her back turned away from him snorts,

“Ah, no we don’t actually.”

“That’s the way back to the Crimson society place, I’m sure Demetrius would love to take you back in.” Cabal states with a smug look.

“Right I knew that. I was just testing you to see if you noticed.” Nemesis whispers feeling a bit embarrassed.

Damaris giggles quietly and rolls her eyes, “So you want us to head back the other way where Liam and his sick buddies are ready to take us out.”

“No not there either. I think it’ll be better if we head into the forest, we can hide out. Plus Nick needs the rest to restore himself.

Nemesis growls, “I’m not sitting off while those things are out there are trying to kill. I’m sorry to disappoint you Cabal, but the way I see it looks like Damaris and I can’t really rely on any one. It seems we get surprises each time we do.”

Cabal sighs and still holding an ill Nick in his arms, growls, “I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s a crazy mess and I’m trying my best to clear things up. But if you turn your back on me as well it’ll be harder to defeat Liam and Demetrius. I need the both of you girls to be ready. He’s coming and he’s out for blood.”

“Like I didn’t hear that line before.” Damaris murmurs as Nemesis snorts quietly, smiling at her partner’s direction. Cabal sighs and drags a struggling Nick in his arms as the two women trudge through the grass and mud into the forest.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The On-Coming War by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~The On-Coming War~**

The three red firebird motorcycles groan to a stop as A.J. places his foot down from the pedal. Sighing, he watches Brian pull up next to him, with a very ill Kevin at this point.

Brian sighs nervously and struggles frantically getting off the motorcycle with Howie’s help to get the barely conscious Kevin off the vehicle.

“Kev, Kev, hey don’t worry. We’re trying to get some form of blood for you.” Brian whispers, passing his shaking hands over Kevin’s pale sunken cheeks.

Howie gulps and glances at the around at the area, it seemed they were mile off from the steady road. The forested area surrounded them and seemed vacant with only the quivering bare trees, shivering in the sudden cold wind. A.J. narrows his eyes and shakes his head slowly,

“D, we are in Florida right?”

Howie rolls his eyes, “What do you think? That’s where we were the last time.” Howie grumbles, placing the kickstand in place and walking over to a small wooden house.

“Just checking. Cause the trees are bare and that’s not normal.”

Brian whispers out, “Ye, yeah he’s right. That’s right. Why is that happening?”

Suddenly Howie turns to face them, his fangs gleaming and protruding from his soft lips, “It’s time. Don’t you see? It’s time for us to take what rightly belongs to us.” He hisses, his gentle chocolate eyes now flooding into crimson.

A.J. gulps and backs away, “Wow, wait! What’s going on with you man? What are you talking about? Have you lost your mind throughout this whole thing?”

Brian nervously holding onto a weak Kevin who’s eyes were now closed, sighed heavily, “Howie, did Liam tell you something that’s making you act this way?”

Howie smiles and breaks into a gleeful laugh, “Yes. He told me what we all needed to hear. I’m the lost descendant or rather even better than that. I’m the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end. Without me, there is no us.” He voice deepens and booms, sending chills down the two men.

“Ho,Howie or whoever you’re suppose to be, what happened to you?” Shakes a frightened A.J. His knees sinking to the ground as Howie stands over him with a strange smile appearing over his tan cheeks.

Brian gasps and holds onto a weak Kevin, “Howie, buddy, are you ok?”

“I’m not your friend. I only look like him. I’m Dagon. Welcome my children to my world. What do you think of it?” Howie whispers, passing his hands over to display the vacant house now filled with dead young adolescent bodies torn and hanging over the dozen windows, with fresh blood pouring out of the corpses. Trails of the blood trail down the side of the house.

Brian exhales slowly as A.J. grabs Kevin and stands up with shaking knees, shivering in fear.

“How, Howie. What have you done?” Brian chokes out, his eyes welling with tears. A.J. gags and reels over as the strong nauseating metallic smell fills the air.

“I’ve provided. Now feed. You’ll need it. We must destroy those leaches that claim they follow me. Liam was a mistake and Demetrius failed my missions more than once. Seems my children couldn’t handle the responsibilities I gave them so I decided to come back.” Howie whispers softly, walking towards the bleeding house.

A.J. kneels on the ground as Kevin’s weak sleeping body was leaning on his shoulders.

Brian inhales slowly and follows Howie just in time to see Howie turn back in their direction with a smile on his face.

“Follow me.” He whispers out, beckoning them with his hands. Brian watches A.J. and helps him carry Kevin over to the new source of food.

The three reach the perimeter of the house and Howie wipes his hands over a wall, covering his palms with the falling blood. He licks it and laughs, “Let him feed, he’s dying, he needs this.” Howie whispers as A.J. and Brian gulp and push Kevin over to the wall to let the falling blood drip onto Kevin.

“Come on Kev, open up.” Brian softly speaks, opening his cousin’s mouth to allow the excess liquid drain into it. A.J. and Howie watch the blood flow into Kevin’s mouth as he slowly opens his eyes and swallows the sickening liquid.

A.J watches on in confusion, too many things and changes have occurred with all of them but the last he thought was that Howie would somehow be the one responsible for all of it. He shuddered as he watches Howie raising his head to the silent dark velvet sky.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Howie whispers, memorized at the dark heavens above him.

A.J. gulps, nervously groping his goatee, “Umm, yeah. Listen D. We gotta talk. This whole ‘I’m suddenly Mr. Top Notch Vampire’ isn’t working well with me. How about you explain it to us?”

“Explain to you? You already know, I just told you. I don’t repeat. Just rest and feed for now. I’ve provided and I would hate to lose all this blood on nothing.” Howie seethes, slumping on the wall and sliding down to sit on the ground. The fresh blood trails coming from the above windows drip down on them as A.J. watches on in disgust. The torn hanging bodies of what once were humans were now cut up so badly, it looked sickening.

“A.J.? A.J.!” Howie bellows, his flaming red eyes stare at him as A.J. glances at the man.

“Yeah?”

“Rest. You look tired. Everything will make sense shortly. When Kevin is ready, we’ll head out. Cabal is out there with Nick and we have to find them.”

A.J. simply nods and too tired to further question and receive more confusing answers, he crashes on the floor besides Kevin and watches Kevin’s sleepy eyes open up, slowly rejuvenating his pale cheeks. Brian sighs and leans on the wall, sitting besides A.J. as they both watch Howie whispering out a chant.

“Do you have any idea what he meant about this whole Dagon thing? I mean he isn’t right, is he?” Brian pleads to A.J.

A.J. simply shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head, “Dude I have no idea, I’m just as confused as you are.”

“Man, this sucks big time.” Brian mumbles out, banging the back on his head by accident on the wall behind, sending a limb to collapse onto his lap. “AHHHHH!! Get this thing off me!” He cries out as A.J. in disgust holds his breath and brushes the bloody arm off his friend’s lap.

“Shhh, quiet. They’re out looking for us.” Howie whispers, referring to Liam and Demetrius.

Both of the guys stare at each other and remain quiet as the confusion sweeps about them. They sigh and wait for when Kevin was ready and full of energy to head out in search for Cabal and his group.
~*~

His footsteps echoed in the silver moonlighted room, the natural light flooding into the intricate designed glass pane windows. Demetrius walks down the hallway to fling open the doors and see Nairobi’s corpse or rather her limbs littering the floor. He smiles and steps over one of her torn legs, his black trench coat flutters gently around him as he reaches the end of the hallway and leaps onto the window ledge staring down at the ground far below him. He kneels down, his left arm hangs off on his bended knees as he hears a familiar voice speak.

“There you are Master Demetrius. Liam and I have been looking all over for you.” Jezreel bubbles, her pretty little face peers over his shoulders as she looks down below. “That’s a far way down: you’re not thinking of jumping off this ledge now are you?” She playfully asks, her precious dark green eyes stare at him as her raven curls play over her ashen mocha colored cheeks.

“Why not? It’s a fun thing to do. I can’t die from a fall.” Demetrius whispers, a smile spreading his lips. The wind blows his raven hair as his pale snowy complexion shone in the natural light.

Jezreel whispers, “Can I fly with you then?” She leans to his ear whispering it.

Demetrius smiles and nods his head as he grabs her tiny precious palm into his. “Ok, just don’t look down, its more fun that way.”

Jezreel giggles and nods her head, “Ok. Let’s go.”

And both stand up from the ledge. Demetrius steps his left foot off the ledge’s edge and turns to Jezreel who does the same and smile. “At three.” He whispers and she giggles,

“Ok at three then. Three.” She giggles out and both step off the balcony’s edge, falling off the thirteenth floor to the ground that awaited them.
~*~

Liam and Orion board the awaiting black Lincoln navigator and close its doors behind them. “This is beginning to piss me off. They managed to somehow leave the building and I wonder why?” Liam hisses, staring at Orion who sat in the back corner of the vehicle.

“Don’t look at me, I wasn’t the one that let them go. You send out a whole army and they still escaped. You saw what they did to Nairobi, did you think I was stand around and wait for them to get to me.” Orion’s deep voice resounds within the vehicle.

Liam growls and picks up his black magnum, kissing the tip of the pistol with a smile on his face. “Orion, you’re the only one left of the chosen team that I assigned. That’s quite a feat. Shows true character. I admire that about you.”

Orion raises his dark eyebrows and watches on in curiosity as Liam continues to ramble on about how his prize possession has left the building.

“That ring was nothing but trouble Liam…”

“Forget the ring.” Liam interrupts him, “Dagon has risen and has been in the mist of us for quite a while. Only has tonight brought him back, but he’s out for revenge. I’ve disappointed him: me as well as Demetrius have longed to see the face of the creator, my father, your master. And I have touched the hand of him.”

Orion listens confused, taking in the confusing facts given to him, “Dagon is here already? How? We didn’t do the ritual yet? At least not all of it.”

Liam smiles and faces the backseat where Orion, who was sitting besides another vampire, stares at him. “We didn’t need to do it. He had implanted himself into the body of a human. And not just any human, THE human. The carrier.”

Orion smiles, “Carrier? A human? He already picked a human? So the ritual was for nothing, he’s already here.”

“Yes. But my fears long that he’s after all of us and will stop at nothing to see the blood of my brother and I on the ground.”

“Why revenge Liam?” Orion adjusts his holster, pulling out his silver magnum.

“Revenge on his race for leaving him so long with the dead. We were supposed to have raised him over a hundred years ago but failed after a human invasion by the government that implemented in killing our kind.” Liam whispers, rage flooding his light azure eyes.

“Sorry to hear that. You’ll face him tonight you know.” Orion states, leaning on the back of the leather seat.

“Yeah, yeah I will. It’ll be interesting. A family reunion indeed. I’m sure Demetrius is looking forward to it.” Liam whispers softly almost in a trance and turns back to the front of the passenger seat to stare out in front of him at the dark night.
~*~

Cabal carries a writhing lone wolf in his arms as he approaches the two woman and one convulsing man. Glaring at the woman, he deposits the wolf onto Nick’s lap, showing Nick to take some form of blood to live for tonight.

Nick’s eyes were drooped as the color of his complexion paled to an ashen snowy white. His back leaning on a tree behind, Nick gasps as his breathing becomes ragged.

Cabal feeds the blood to the dying man as Nemesis watches in pure horror.

“I say we should get the hell out of here. These things are all over the area and I don’t wanna live in Florida anyway.” Nemesis grumbles quietly to Damaris.

Damaris smirks and nods her head, “Yeah, but problem, where will we go? Like you said the vampires are all over the state.”

Nemesis snorts and closes her eyes, rubbing her temples gently with her fingers, “We’re armed anyway, we can always blow their brain their away.”

Damaris giggles and wrapped her wounded wrist across her waist, “You sound angry girl? I wonder why?” She teases playfully as Nemesis pouts her lips.

“Shut up!” Nemesis whispers, pulling on some of her flaxen stray locks that fluttered onto her cheeks.

Damaris rolls her eyes and watches as Cabal feeds the ill Nick blood from the animal. Cringing in horror, the girls gulp and shake their heads.

“I’m serious, let’s go.” Nemesis tugs on Damaris’s arm and both woman stand up, staying hidden in the shadows. While Cabal was busily feeding Nick, the two women creep away from the area and reach the deserted road they came from.

“Where to?” Nemesis whispers, scanning her surroundings.

“Anywhere but here.” Damaris responds as Nemesis snorts,

“Thanks, you helped define it more clearly where to go.”

“No prob. Just being helpful.” The petite woman state as they head walk down the road, staying hidden in the shadows of the trees.

As they were walking down the road, they could hear the sound the roaring motorcycles heading towards their directions.

“Uh, oh.” Damaris hisses, stopping still under the shadow of a shivering tree.

“What are you doing?!” Nemesis seethes, pulling on the smaller woman.

Both women were about to continued their trek when a strange yet familiar voice called to them. Nemesis stops walking, her heart bangs against her chest as she smiles, she recognized that voice.

“Howie! You’re ok!” Nemesis whispers as the man’s shadow steps into the moonlight.

Howie grins, “All of us made it. But time is moving, they’ll be here and the battle is about to begin. Save yourselves.”

“Battle? Wait you’re gonna go up against the head vampires?” Damaris whispers nervously as A.J and Brian step out of the shadows, while Kevin who was looking healthy again remained seated on one of the red motorcycles.

“Yeah, is that a problem?” A.J. asks.

“Uh yeah, yeah it would be!” Nemesis shouts narrowing her eyes, “You can’t kill off the leaders without you dying fools. You’ll be a martyr in your own plot.”

“Huh, wow wait. No one told me that if we killed them we would die too!” A.J. chokes out.

Howie laughs and shakes his head, “Well we all gotta go sometime right.”

“Huh! Oh hell no! I’m not dying for this!” Brian screeches as Kevin slams on the pedal of one of the motorcycles.

“I think I heard of something that can protect us.” Kevin finally speaks up, all heads turn to his direction.

“Well?” Howie whispers as they wait for Kevin to further explain.

“There’s a shed a few miles back, where a few blood filled vials are left from our stupid little robbery of the blood pact. I heard the O negative blood draws certain vampires away and is usually filled with an extra natural body chemical that vampires can die from. When we were told to get the blood vials for the Pact a few hours ago, it was for their benefit.” Kevin whispers, slamming down on the pedal, roaring the motorcycle to life.

“So we get the vials back and we’ll be ok?” Brian whispers out nervously.

“Yup.” Kevin smiles softly as Howie takes Nemesis hand’s and leads her towards one of the motorcycles. Damaris reluctantly follows behind as A.J. pulls the woman onto his vehicle. They all board and Kevin slips on some black shades and guns down the motor of the motorcycle, bringing it back to life.

“Let’s go, we got a fight on our hands and its gonna get ugly.” Kevin whispers and the three motor cycles race down the road towards the battle lines.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
The Bloodied Kin Reunion by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~The Bloodied Kin Reunion~**

The firebird screech to halt: spraying dirt and grass along its side. Brian gulps and intakes a cool breath as he smiles, jumping off the vehicle with his cousin and band mates behind him. Kevin grins and jumps off his vehicle, leading the group towards the rickety shed he had talked about earlier. A.J. gulps and turns back to see Damaris sitting on the motorcycle with fear etched on her face. He smiles and reaches his hand out towards her after he gets off the vehicle. She nervously grabs his hand and jumps off the vehicle. Howie and Nemesis remained seated on their motorcycle until Howie: his hands still on the metal bars of the motorcycle, slides off his seat and stands facing Nemesis.

“No one has told me how humans have evolved to become so beautiful. My wife didn’t look have as amazing as you child.” He whispers, his fangs gleaming with joy.

Nemesis blushes and feels the goose bumps pricking her arms, “Uh well, thanks I guess. I think the others are waiting for you.”

Howie smirks and shrugs his shoulders, “Whatever, they can wait. I want to talk to you. Is that ok?”

Nemesis slumps back onto the bumpy leather seat on the crimson vehicle with a smile on her face, “Oh ok, what is it?”

“Tonight is the battle. I just want you to know that we all might not make it out alive.” Howie whispers, his dark eyes sorrowful.

Nemesis gulps and nods her head, “I, I understand.”

“Well why didn’t you run away when you had the chance? Why follow me and the others here? You could leave if you wanted to, you know.” Howie whispers low, afraid that someone might here their conversation.

“Well where was I gonna go?” Nemesis murmurs, “I can’t go home. I live up in the northern eastern of the country, I can’t just catch a flight with no money.”

“If I can pay for your journey, would you still go?” Howie whispers, leaning closer to her, his warm breath smoothes her cold nerves.

She thinks about it and smiles, “What do you think?”

“I think that’s a yes. I’ll see if I can arrange that. However, now is not the time. After I destroy Liam and Demetrius then I will send you back.”

“Why not now?” Nemesis persuades the man, watching him narrow his dark eyes at her direction.

“Because I’m on mission and I can’t back down from it.”

“So are you really Dagon?” Nemesis asks quietly, slipping off the vehicle and trudging through the muddy broken grassy field where the small shed was located at.

Howie walking ahead of her, suddenly snaps his head back at her direction, “Yes.”

“So what did you do to Howie? You didn’t kill him did you?” Nemesis whispers out frantically hoping that Howie was fine and nothing psychological had impaired him.

Howie takes out a deep breath and grabs her shoulders, staring straight into her eyes. Suddenly the dark crimson that covered his pupils left and the soft pleading friendly brown eyes stare back at her. “No, I’m here. Don’t worry. I, I just feel strange that’s all.” He breathes out, smiling at her, passing his tan fingers through her disheveled flaxen locks. As swiftly as Howie’s demeanor changed, his eyes clouded back instantly to a dark crimson red and his gentle face changed to a more seldom expression. “Let’s move, we’re wasting time.” Dagon’s eerie deep voice booms out of Howie’s fragile vocals.

Nemesis gulps and follow the man, fear tickling down her spines. They catch up the rest of the group as Kevin who was in the lead stops before a decrepit shed and smiles. Kevin’s emerald eyes glitter in glee as he grabs the rusty black iron knob and swings the shed open. The door creeks open and cries out as Kevin nods his head, directing the others to follow him. One by one they all follow Kevin into the dusty, moldy infested shed. Brian fumbles through his pockets and finds a small pen flashlight, beaming the rarely visible yellow slit around the shed. The narrow light flashes over the empty shelves covered in thick cobwebs as they all continue they search in the dark. A.J. bumps into a large crate and grimaces,

“Ahh, ouch. Guys I think this is it. These are one of the crates they had us haul back.”

Brian kneels down and passes his right hand over the top of the crate while in the other hand he holds onto the small flashlight. “Yeah, this is it. We just gotta find a way to open it.”

“Back away from the crate.” Kevin whispers as Brian raises his eyebrows in confusion,

“Huh?”

“I said back away now.” Kevin murmurs, flashing the silver magnum at the crate’s direction. Brian immediately backs away as Damaris and Nemesis watch on in interest. Holding the pistol away from his body, Kevin pulls the trigger: setting off a loud pop that careened with the cover of the crate, breaking the lock on the top. Whistling and soft clapping erupted from the other guys as they race over to the crate, yanking off the cover and pulling out the many dozens of blood vials that lay hidden within.

Howie chuckles and holds a glass vial in his hands squinting to see what type of blood it is.

“Its not labeled.” Mutters out A.J. as the others sigh angrily. Howie gulps and dips his finger into the vial, wetting it with the questionable blood. Licking the blood off of him, he allows the soft drop to trail down his mouth and down his throat. Suddenly he gags and hands the vial over to Kevin who was staring at him curiously. Howie’s shoulders gag uncontrollably as the vile liquid seeps its way down his esophagus.

Kevin raises his eyes brows and smirks, “I guess this is the right one.”

A.J. chuckles as poor Howie spits out whatever he had in mouth. “So O negative huh? We’ll tie these vials around the ladies as well as on us, hopefully it’ll kill those vampires if it messed up Howie.”

“But, but, he took some of it?!” Nemesis whispers out, feeling the eyes of the men on her.

“That’s alright, he only took a drop, if he drank the entire vial then he be dead. But he’s fine, see.” A.J. smirks, pulling Howie back on his feet and throwing his arm around his friend’s shoulders.

Damaris shakes her head, raising her eyebrows in nervousness. “Uh ok, if you say so.” And the group each grabs more than a dozen of the blood vials before all heading out of the shed. They all begin wrapping the vials and gently placing them into their pistol’s caliber. Kevin pulls out the iron bullets and in its place fills it up with the blood vials instead, locking his pistol in place:

“Bingo. This should melt away all those baddies and we’ll be closer to winning this.”

“Yeah, wonder what it does?” Brian asks curiously, scratching the side of his head.

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head, “Since Nick is missing, Brian decided to fill in his place.”

“Hey take that back!” Brian smirks as the group softly chuckles.

“Ok, ok. We’re all ready. Our guns are filled and ready to stop those things. Now we just gotta head back and find Nick.” Howie whispers, wetting the tip of his finger and sticking it up in the air above him. Smiling, he sniffs the air and his eyes begin to glow a bright red.

Brian and A.J. hiss and back away, watching Howie smile and nod his head.

“They’re about a few miles back where we picked the girls up.” Howie finally answers.

A.J. raises his eye brows and shrugs his shoulders, “Why couldn’t I sleep in today, I’m telling ya B, if I was under the covers snoozing away, I wouldn’t out here breaking night and changing into a stupid form of a vampires.”

Damaris poked him on the shoulders and giggles, “They would have come for you by now anyway, you’re one of the chosen ones. You can’t escape that.”

“Chosen one? Ha! Chosen to do what? Nothing: the way I see it, this was done for nothing. Seems that our Howie is possessed with this Dagon dude and it looked like the community is already poisoned with the water. We’re doomed. Let’s face it guys, these stupid vampires are taking over our world.” A.J. grumbles, kicking a stone down the dark road.

Kevin pats A.J.’s shoulder and smiles, ‘We’re not doomed, we’re about to kill some of those so called stupid vampires and it’ll be fun. We’ll be shooting and it’ll be legal this time.”

At that statement, A.J. smiles and locks eyes with his friend, “Legal huh?”

“Yup. The cops are cool with it, cause most of them are working for Liam anyway.” Howie whispers, catching his friend’s eyes light up.

A.J chuckles softly to himself and then loudly as the other guys join in, “So let’s go then, what are we waiting for!”

“Alright!” Brian yells out as he boards on the vehicle with Nemesis on it. Howie and A.J. board another vehicle as Kevin and Damaris hop on the last vehicle.

“We’re gonna kick vampire booty!” Damaris shouts happily as the motorcycles roar to life and takes them back up the road they recently passed.
~*~

Nick yawns and happily wipes off a small drop of blood that lingered on his lips. He was feeling better and was glad that Cabal helped him out. “Yo, dude, I so owe you for that.”

“Na, don’t worry about it. You’d do the same for me.” Cabal smiles gently, leaning on the back of a tree, loading his pistol.

Nick shrugs his shoulders and stands up taking a deep breath. His boots crunch over broken sticks and leaves as he heads to the roadside.

“Nick! Are you crazy?!” he hears Cabal shout behind him, “You could be seen.”

“Oh sorry, forgot about that. What happened to the others?” And he hides in the shadows, watching the silver moonlight gleam down around them.

“What are you talking about? Remember you left the tower before the others did with Nemesis. We haven’t been with the others since we put the plan in action.” Cabal explains to the wayward man.

Nick chuckles, “Oh yeah, I killed Baal and Kindel. That was fun.”

“Well good for you. As for the girls, I don’t know. I thought they were right here with us, but they must have made their escape. I can’t blame them thought.”

“Their escape to where?”

Cabal shrugs his shoulders, “I wouldn’t know, but I’d understand them for not wanting to hang around all this.”

“But they could be in danger though right? If Liam’s crew got the girls, they could be in trouble.”

“I’d doubt that, Liam doesn’t know this area nor does he come around here. The girls couldn’t have traveled no more than a mile down since the last I seen them fifteen minutes ago.” Cabal states, wiping his pistol clean, holding it out for inspection.

Nick licks his lips slowly, “Ok, so, uh what are we doing here? Shouldn’t we be heading out?”

“Out where? Nick we need to find the rest of the group. My theory is if we stay in the same spot here, we’ll bump into the other guys and girls.”

“Like they’ll wait to come back here? They don’t know this area, hell I don’t even know where we are and I grew up in Florida!” Nick grumbles, passing his snowy hands through his ruffled flaxen hair.

Laughing, Cabal chuckles and shakes his head, “I gotta admit, I miss hearing your voice.”

Nick snorts, “Well thanks. Yo, my pistol is empty.” Grumbling, he flips open his black pistol revealing the empty caliber.

“Ahh, don’t worry about it. I have some bullets in my bag, hold up.” Cabal crosses over to small slinky thick plastic gym bag where he kept the essentials and begins searching for some bullets. Suddenly he hears the screeching of some motorcycles and he stands quietly, placing his finger over his lips, motioning for Nick to stay still and quiet. Nick gulps and leans back on the tree, hiding himself from who or whatever was out to get to him. He could feel a trail of sweat roll down his spine as his squeezes his eyes shut tightly. He slowly opens them to see that Cabal had disappeared.

“Great, I lost him now.” He whispers to himself as he shuffling and footsteps. The many footsteps inch closer, stepping over broken branches and leaves. He could hear the distant humming of the soft spoken voices but failed to recognize it as anything familiar.

Nick stays immobile, his back hugging the tree, the bark of the tree cutting into his torn bloodied shirt. He was with no weapon and any bullets were feet away in the gym bag where he wouldn’t have time to fill up the gun.

Suddenly he feels a hand on his left shoulder and Nick shivers, fearing that Demetrius and Liam have gotten him.

“Nick.” He hears his name being called out by a voice. He identifies the voice and gulps, turning around to face Kevin.

“Kevin! Oh man, I thought you and the others…” He cuts off and sighs happily to see the rest of the group as well as the two women and Cabal. “Guys!” He smiles, hugging and giving high fives to his lost friends. “Man, it feels like its been ages since we were around each other.”

“Tell me about it, but well its been a long night.” Brian whispers happily, giving his friend a quick hug.

“Great! We’re together again.” Nemesis snorts sarcastically, receiving a daring glare from Cabal.

“You should be glad you found us. If you two were traveling alone, you’ve all would have dead.” Cabal whispers, hearing a distant moaning.

“Uhhhh, great. They’re back.” Nick grumbles, recognizing the zombie’s returns.

Chuckling the others, pull out another smaller hand gun and start shooting into the distance, hoping to draw the creatures to them. Cabal sighs and wipes a hand over his cold forehead as he heads over to the gym bag. “Nick, it seems the bullets you have are no good, the guys found a better resource that can kill our kind.”

Nick sighs and shrugs his shoulders and heads over to the man, “I don’t care, just put something in that gun, I thought I was a goner when I saw you left me out here. Man I thought they were here and I was gonna die.”

“That’s why you have to be prepared. You can’t let fear seize you. Remember Nick we went over this back in the training room.” Damaris states, eying Nick who now seemed healthy after his sudden drink from blood.

Nick rolls his eyes as Cabal takes his gun and refills it with blood vials. “Whoo, whoo, hold up, what are you doing? How is that gonna kill off vampires?”

Howie explains it to Nick as Cabal refuels the pistol and hands it back to Nick.

“Alright guys, I’m glad we’re all together, you know what that means, we gotta go through with the plan, the fight is about to fight and we have to lure them here.” Cabal begins, staring at the two women.

“Screw this, I ain’t going through the plan.” Nemesis hisses out, challenging Cabal.

Howie stands in the middle and places his gently over her shoulders, “You girls blood are pure, those vampires out there will be drawn to the smell immediately. All you gotta go is place a few of your blood drops on the road over there and we’ll all wait for when they come.”

“I’m getting really tired of you guys taking advantage of our blood.” Damaris speaks up, her light eyes narrowing in rage.

Nick and Brian sigh as Howie desperately to convince the women for their help. “Please, this is the only way. I can’t stand out there, I’ll be dead before you know it. Plus those things out there are coming.”

“Too, too late guys, those things are here.” Nick’s voice cracks pointing to a large hear of decaying zombies that once were humans only hours ago.

“Oh man.” Damaris whispers, racing over to the gym bag, pulling out a metal sharp knife edge fan as Nemesis pulls out a sharp harpoon from the bag.

In a few minutes over two dozen zombies flooded the wooded forest as the group seemed surrounded by the hungry ravaging zombies.

“Alright, let’s head out.” Cabal signals as he begins stabbing and cutting the zombie inches away from him. The other five men each take a daring stab, puncturing the zombies before them as the two women use their weapons.

Cabal slices his sword through a decaying moldy grey flesh, gushing out the sickening odor and yellow liquid that oozes out. Nick and Brian both use their swords and slice through the two zombies before them, Nick cuts off a zombie’s arm while Brian cuts the head of another zombie. Both men gag as the bodies spray their liquids before crashing to the ground and twitching.

A.J. gags as he and Kevin fight off a few more zombies approaching their side. A.J. slams the sword into the zombie’s abdomen, ripping the torso in half. The body shakes as the upper half slides off the torso, spewing blood and a clear liquid. It lands on the ground before him as the lower half quakes and collapses dead on the ground. Kevin rams his sword into a zombie’s chest cavity and pulls out the what once was the heart at the end of his sword. A.J. clenches his stomach and backs away crashing into another zombie, “Oh God, not another one.” He moans out as his stomach flips around, urging him to regurgitate already. Howie lunches at that zombie and rips its head off with his bare hands as the zombie crashes onto the ground.

Everyone watches as Howie holding the dangling head of the decayed human in his hands smiles. “What? You were in trouble so I saved ya.” He whispers innocently, dropping the head inches away from its original dead body.

“Wow, you seemed pretty strong there for a vampire Howie.” Cabal whispers as a few moans of the remaining zombies floated a few feet away from there.

Howie smiles and shrugs his shoulders, not letting the idea sink into him. He picks up his bloodied stain sword and continues slashing the zombies that were ready to pounce on him and the others.

Damaris slams her metal fan across a zombie limb, setting it to fly off while Nemesis lunges with her harpoon, stabbing and sending the harpoon to crash into the zombie’s head, yanking it straight off the body.

“Ohhh nice.” Damaris compliments her partner as Nemesis does silly bows and blows on her nails,

“Oh that was nothing, I was just starting, you should see what else I have planned for these lone suckers.” Nemesis giggles, her bright blue green eyes glitter in excitement.

“Can’t wait.” She hears Howie as he lashes through another, the blood trails over his tan muscular arms, distracting Nemesis for a second. Suddenly as she turns back she feels a sharp stabbing pain on her leg just as Damaris pushes the zombie away from her.

“Ohhh, you ok?” Damaris asks, wiping away a few drops of blood that covered her face.

Nemesis sees the zombie that had ripped into her thigh, lying dead on the ground. She covers her fresh wound, a few blood drips sliding down her leg as she hears a growl coming from one of the five men.

Cabal sighs and kicks the last zombie, stomping on its head, crashing it into self. He glances at the five men who all seemed highly drawn towards Nemesis’s bleeding wound.

Cabal reaches Nemesis and pulls the wounded woman aside, “Damaris patch her up.” His fangs drip in hunger at the blood smell that had awaken his never ending appetite.

Damaris quickly nods and nurses her friend’s wound as Cabal inhales and walks away from the women. Howie smiles and licks his lips as his watches Nemeses while Cabal yanks the man away and tells the others to help him clean off the weapons, anything that can distract them all from the fresh pure blood that had spilled, its sweet scent filling the air. They nod and oblige, following Cabal over to a small river that flowed nearby them.

“Well that was weird now wasn’t it?” Damaris mutters once the men had left them. Nemesis nods and slides down, extending her leg with the broken skin.

“Yuck, you don’t think I’m infected now right?” Nemesis mutters, her lower lip quivering as Damaris smirks.

“Na, you can’t convert into a zombie its not religion last time I checked.” Damaris joked, bringing a smile on her partner’s face.

“Well good cause, I wouldn’t make a nice zombie.”

“I know, I can tell.” Damaris teases, receiving a playful punch from Nemesis. “Hey girl watch it. You’re rough.” Damaris laughs, playfully grabbing her arm.

“Yeah oh well. So did you see how they all looked like they wanted to jump me when I started bleeding?” Nemesis whispers as she cringes in pain at the aesthetics that Damaris was using to clean the wound.

Damaris smirks and looks up at her, “Yeah in more than one way, especially Howie.”

“Shut up. He’s not into me.”

“Ha, really now? Could have fooled me.” Damaris mentions, wrapping a cotton cloth around Nemesis’s wound.

Nemesis rolls her eyes, “Whatever. Think what you want to. I don’t even know the man like that.”

“Ha, you don’t have to. Though you gotta admit, they all make extremely sexy vampires. For a moment I wouldn’t have minded if any of them suck my neck.” Damaris jokes around trying to lighten up the stale mood that lingered in the atmosphere.

Nemesis snorts and stands up, holding the tree for support, “I’ll be fine, let’s head over to the guys, I don’t want to be alone incase the zombies brought any more of their friends.”

“Good idea.” Damaris states: grabbing the bag with the weapons in it and both head down towards the river to catch up to the men.
~*~

The black Lincoln navigator pulls up a shed and Liam leaps up followed by Orion and another vampire. The driver, another vampire remains seated in the vehicle as the three head towards the shed. Liam narrows his eyes and peers close at the shed. Opening the creaking wooden door, he holds it open for Orion and the other vampire to enter.

“Master Liam.” Salem, the vampire with them, calls out.

“Yes?”

“I thought there was a lock to this crate?” Salem asks, peering his small eyes down at the large wooden crate inside of the shed.

“Huh? Pull the crate out.” Liam orders as Orion and Salem drag the crate out of the shed. Once it was outside, Liam stands in front of it and narrows his eyes at the open lock of the crate. “Dammit! Those fools must have gotten a hold of some of the blood in here.”

“Looks like we’ll have to armed and protective cause they have the O negative vials with them, we’re as good as dead.” Orion whispers, his deep voice whispers quietly.

Liam glances at Orion who was passing a lazy dark chocolate hand over his bald head, “Hmmm, you think they figured out the purpose of that blood?”

“I’m sure of it.” Salem states, piling the blood vials into the armory and weapons.

“Great. Well I guess, we’ll need to find Demetrius, the more of us there are, the better we are in defeating Dagon.” Liam whispers solemnly.

“Can you do it? Can you kill your father when it comes down to it?” Orion asks as they begin boarding back into the navigator.

Liam sighs and shakes his head, “I’ll see soon enough.” And they pull away from the shed to track down Demetrius.
~*~

Her gentle playful giggles, bubble around them as they trek through the woods. “Master Demetrius, I’ve never been out here in this area. It’s so pretty and quiet.” Jezreel states, her velvet crimson dress flutters behind her as the gold lining embroidered around the edges of her dress. “Do you think we can find Master Liam? He seems rather lonely and he’s hurting you know?”

“Hurting in what way?” Demetrius asks curiously as Jezreel small ashen mocha hands fiddle with the sleeves of her dress.

She looks up at him, her beautiful emerald orbs burn into him as she smiles, “He’s confused. You know since Master Dagon has come.”

“Well, whatever he’s going through, we’ll talk to him shortly. In fact, I believe they’re out looking for us. So I say, why not enjoy tonight. Let’s wait besides the river until they come for us.” Demetrius states, holding onto the small child next to him. She slips her little hand into his large one and the couple descend down towards the river.

“What do you think will happen with those five men?” Jezreel asks innocently, batting her little eyes at the small dirt that fluttered towards her.

“They’ll have to die for our race to live on sweetie.”

“Why do they need to die?”

“Because they are the ones that can destroy our race if we’re not careful.”

“How?”

Demetrius exhales, knowing children always are full of questions, “Because they don’t like us. And because Dagon is in one of them, he wants to rule again and I can’t take orders from that man. He wants to kill me because me and Liam failed in bringing him back over a hundred years ago. I can’t let him win, if he does, I’ll die and you’re without a friend.”

“No!!! You can’t die, I won’t let Dagon take you. You belong to me. He can’t take you away.” She cries out in rage, her eyes burn brightly.

Demetrius smiles, “Well don’t worry, I’ll make sure that won’t happen. He won’t live to see another day. Liam and I will destroy him at dawn when his powers are the weakest.”

“But what about the sun?” Jezreel asks cautiously.

“Well be fine, the sun doesn’t fully come out till six fifteen this morning. We’ll have plenty of time to kill him.”

“Will we hang Dagon on the rope by the tree?” Jezreel asks with hope.

“If all goes well then yes. Now hush now, we need to rest. The battle is about to start and I need you to be safe.” Demetrius whispers as they pass by bare trees and descend down the hill to where the river is at.
~*~

**~To Be Continued…~**
A Lost Child by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~A Lost Child~**

Demetrius smiles and watches the peaceful dark river slide pass him as Jezreel rested her small head upon his lap. He licks his lips and leans back on the bark of the tree as his pale fingers trails gently over Jezreel’s raven curls. “Sleep my child. Liam is here, I can smell him. The battle will begin shortly.” He whispers, his dark eyes scan the small hill across from the river. He sits up slowly, his ears perked at the sound of branches breaking. “Who’s there?” He hisses, guarding the child protectively, wrapping his arms around Jezreel. A looming shadow approaches the two crouched besides the river.

Suddenly a laughter burst into the night sky as Demetrius stares at the darkness before him in confusion. The dark shadow creeps into the silver light and giggles. Blue green eyes pierce at him as the shadow pulls out a metal fan, the clinking sound shattering the silent air. Suddenly the metal weapon flies in the night air, heading straight for Demetrius throat. Just as the weapon was inches away from slitting his throat, Jezreel captures the flying fan in her small delicate hands gracefully, glaring at the dark figure in the shadow. Palms down, Jezreel examines the estrange weapon as the shadow inches foward into the moonlight.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t my old buddy Demetrius. How ya doing FRIEND?!” The feminine voice shrieks, stepping in front of him with a smirk scrolled on her face.

“Nemesis?! You found me. I’m surprised you’re still alive. Well what do I own this honor of meeting your grace before me?” Demetrius whispers calmly, a cool expression crosses his face as a smile pries his face.

“You killed my brother!” She cries out, the flaxen locks lying tangled on her broad shoulders.

“Well technically yes, but I wasn’t the actual murderer, perhaps you should resolve your anger for the real betrayers: those men you’re walking around with. They were the ones who slit your brother’s throat, I was just watching calmly how that fresh delectable prized blood dripped onto the floor. I just controlled their actions, they were under my powers, no control for their own self conscious. Man that was great, having control of humans again, I miss that.” Demetrius whispers, his dark eyes lit up.

Nemesis screams out the pulsating vulgarities that was tearing at her soul and glares down to notice for the first time a small child, a girl of six years of age. “Who, who’s she?” She whispers dryly, her eyes locking in place with the small child’s.

Demetrius snorts and glances around, sniffing the air, “You wondered away from your group as usual. You never could stay in place with others. That’s why you needed to always work on your own. I admire that about your personality.”

“Answer my question you demon.” Nemesis hisses out, reaching out to grab for her weapon. The girl moves back, her small ashen mocha hands grip the metal fan tightly in her hands.

“She’s my little girl. The future queen, she’s looking for her husband.” Demetrius explains lightly, feeling the boring of Nemesis’s eyes on him.

“Your daughter? And since when is she the queen? Besides she can’t be married, she’s only a child.” Nemesis mutters, rolling her eyes watching the girl smirk.

“I am his daughter.” She hisses, clasping her hands. “Master Demetrius took me in when my mom left me. He cares for me and has been watching me since.”

“Oh nice.” Nemesis whispers uninterested, “You took a girl in, man you changed. You’ve gotten lovely dovey on me since me and Maris left. Wow, the society sure did change you.” She growls. “You even got that poor girl to call you master, you should feel horrible.” She murmurs, casting her eyes down the small child clinging to Demetrius trench coat.

“Shut up, she calls me that at her own will. She respects me for what I’ve done to her, unlike someone I know!” He growls, narrowing his eyes at Nemesis.

Nemesis smirks and tries to unsuccessfully yank the metal fan out of Jezreel’s hands, “That belongs to me girl.”

Jezreel narrows her beautiful emerald eyes and grips the weapon in her small hands, “Go fetch girl!” She flings the fan and lets it sail through the air onto the road side.

Nemesis growls and was about to reach for the girl’s throat when she felt Demetrius hands on her shoulders, “I think its best you leave. You’re only causing more trouble and irritating the queen.”

“Queen? Ha, Queen of my a…” Nemesis was about to say but is cut off as the ground trembles violently with the roaring and pounding footsteps and arriving vehicles on the roadside.

Demetrius laughs and shakes his head, “Oh poor Nemesis, go get your weapon before it’s too late. Liam just arrived along with the rest of the vampire colony. You’re friends are about to die and it will be all your fault.”

“My fault?! What?” Nemesis growls, “Don’t try to pinpoint your misdeeds on me, I have nothing to do with your sick intentions and you know it.”

“Ahh, you’re correct but see who will the vampire colony believe: a fellow vampire or a retched human yourself? Think logically my dear, it only makes sense when you think about it.”

Nemesis hisses and stares at Jezreel with rage in her eyes, “I suggest you watch that child before I get my hands on her myself. My brother’s death will not go unpunished.” And with that, Nemesis disappears back into the shadows to catch up with her group.

Jezreel lifts her dark eyebrows, “What’s her problem?”

“You. But don’t worry, she can’t touch you. You have better things to look forward too.”

“Like my king and husband.” Jezreel whispers, her emerald eyes lit up.

“Let’s go. Liam is waiting for us.” Demetrius whispers, clasping his hands with Jezreel and both head out the road to meet the on coming vampire colony.
~*~

Liam steps off the black vehicle and inhales the cold crisp air. Smiling, he watches Orion adjusts the pistol in his holster. “I forgot why people breath, its strange I guess. I love the cold on my skin its invigorating. But it must be strange to feel the air in one’s lungs.”

“Yeah, Demetrius is here.” Orion points out as Liam turns to welcome his brother and the little child.

“What is she doing here? Its too dangerous and she could get shot along the way.” Liam mutters, eyeing Jezreel.

“I’ll be fine, you promised me a husband Master Liam, where is he is?” She asks impatiently, her light eyes boring into Liam.

Liam smiles and shrugs his shoulders, “He’s around here somewhere. You have your choice of the four men.”

“I thought there were five?” Jezreel asks, scanning around the roadside now filled with more than two dozens vampires and army tanks.

“There are, but remember little one that the fifth is not your choice, Dagon is in the man, you don’t belong to him.” Demetrius explains, seeing Orion and Salem giving orders to load and lock.

“We have the entire forest surrounded. They can’t escape us, they’re in there somewhere, now all we gotta do is play hide and seek with them.” Liam mutters.

“Hide Jezreel now. She can’t be here, she’ll get hurt.” Liam commands, watching Demetrius lead the child towards an array of trees.

Orion smiles and holds out a rifle smiling, “You ready chief?”

Liam nods his head and smiles, “More than ready.” And they begin shooting into the forest.
~*~

“See this is not cool! Dude, did you see the size of that army?! And you think the eight of us stand a chance?!” Nick cries out, concern shrouding his thoughts.

Cabal nods his head, “Ah yeah, that’s how it’s planned. But Nick, guys, we have nothing to worry about. We’re armed and got the latest in blood supply.”

“So that’s just suppose to make me feel good now?!” A.J. mutters, glaring at Cabal as he picks up a small magnum and starts to reload the weapon.

“No, not really, just enough to let you know that we can defeat them.” Cabal whispers.

Damaris smirks and scratches the side of her head, “Speaking of the eight of us, where’s did our eighth member go anyway?”

“Uh, I thought she was with you?” Brian asks, sitting up splashing water on his face.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, “I’m her friend not her guardian. I don’t know where she wonders.”

Howie smiles and twirls the caliber of his pistol. He locks his rifle in place and glances at Damaris, “Maybe you should go find her, its not safe you know?”

Damaris rolls her eyes, “Nice try Dagon, I’m not dying out there, their already shooting!” As she states, bullets begin to litter the area.

“They’re shooting!” Nick quakes as Kevin raises his hands over his head for protection.

Cabal licks his lips and the others stay close to the ground avoiding the bullets. “Ready, aim, fire.” Cabal whispers loudly.

They begin shooting and one blood filled tube got a vampire soldier, sending the creature to smoke and yell and finally burn up, the black flames consume the creature.

“Oh right! Did you see that?” Brian yells happily.

“Sure did, these babies are gonna kill off those suckers once and for all.”

Damaris gulps, clutching the pistol in her hands. Lying on her stomach, she begins shooting all the while thinking of where Nemesis could be.
~*~

Nemesis creeps up quietly hidden behind a thick bush, watching Demetrius point up to a tree telling Jezreel to stay hidden on the branches within the shadows.

Once Demetruis clears the area, Nemesis exhales, watching the army of vampire soldiers shooting and racing around and through the forest. “Guys, I’ll be shortly, just gotta take care of a little business.” She whispers to herself. Creeping quietly out of the bushes, she stays close to the ground and reaches the tree. She leaps on one of the branches and sees the back of Jezreel kneeling on a thick upper branch above hers. Smiling, Nemesis stretches out her hands and climbs up the bark slowly and silently. She reaches the branch and giggles softly, pulling out her pistol and aiming it at Jezreel.

“Say good night girl.” Nemesis mutters, rage burning in her hurt soul. “If I can’t have my brother, then Demetrius can’t have his little girl.” And with that, she pulls the trigger and sends a bullet at the child.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Fatal Truth by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Fatal Truth~**

The bullet soars into the air, only mere centimeters away from hitting Jezreel’s forehead, but Jezreel turns in time to see it and hisses loudly, flying off the branch. As she jumps off, she knocks Nemesis’s pistol away, causing the woman to tumble off the branch along with her. Both land roughly onto the ground with Jezreel landing on top of Nemesis’s stomach. Nemesis’s groans as she lands on her back, crashing painfully on the rocky dusty ground.

“What do you think you’re doing? You dare to rise up against me, I’ll make sure to wipe the floor with you.” Jezreel hisses, her tiny mocha hands clasp around Nemesis’s throat, practically crushing it immediately.

Nemesis chokes out and struggles to kick off the tiny child while the stampede of the soldiers around her sounded off. She was caught off guard at how strong the child really was and she desperately watches the child hiss, the soft dark curls brushing her cheeks.

“I’ll kill you! You won’t stand in my way of taking what belongs to me!” The girl screams as Nemesis in her last attempt flings the little girl off her. Nemesis whips out a blade and plunges it into the child’s leg. Jezreel screeches and her hands loosen off Nemesis’s throat.

“Back off!” Nemesis growls: sending Jezreel to sail into the air, flying off her. Jezreel screams and lands squarely on her back: rolling around in agony. And with that, Nemesis takes off into the direction where her friends are, pulling out two black magnums from her holsters. Spreading out her arms in front of her, she begins firing off: littering the vampire soldiers with the deadly pelted blood vials. Black acrid smoke fills the air as the vampires burn and explode from the results of the vials.

Laughing insanely, she makes her way through the other side of the forest as Damaris raises her head and yells, “There she is!”

Howie and the others gather around her and smile as Nemesis reaches them, gasping out of breath.

“Where were you?” Cabal steps forward, spreading out the others as some on-coming bullets ricochet, hitting trees and barks, grass and anything solid that stood in its way.

Nemesis shrugs her shoulders, “Taking care of business. I tried going after that little wench Jezreel or whatever the hell her name is.”

Brian sighs, “So she’s gone then right?”

“Not sure. She’s hard to kill, little brat seems to have powers and she’s stronger than she appears.” Nemesis grumbles pulling out and wiping her bloody blade on the cuffs of her worn jeans.

“I’m going after Orion.” A.J. whispers, a dark glint flooded his eyes as he grips his 9mm pistol in his hand.

Cabal nods and stares at Howie, “Will you join us?”

Howie turns to the on coming soldiers running towards their direction and smiles, “Yes. I have plans for my sons. Liam and Demetrius will get punished for deserting me.”

“Great, so we have the all powerful vampire on our side. I assume this is a good thing right?” Nick mutters, glancing at the others.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders as Kevin lifts up his pistol and sends a flying vial pellet into a vampire who was inches away from touching him. It exploded before all of them as they all duck and cough, the dark smoke invading their delicate nostrils.

“Nice shot Kev.” Brian whispers, raising his head from his kneeling position.

“Yeah, came with the training,” Kevin whispers, glancing at the two women thankfully.

Damaris nods while Nemesis smirks, kissing the edge of her pistol.

“We have plans, I say we group up into smaller groups to kill the leaders.” Cabal states, over the roaring pounding of the bullets sailing through the forest.

Howie nods, “I agree. I’m heading towards Liam. Anyone care to join?”

Nick smirks, “I’ll go, I hate being compared to him, I don’t look anything like him!”

Brian snorts, “Sure you do Nick, sure you do.”

“Fine, Nick. Anyone else?” Howie whispers.

Damaris smirks, “I’ll go. Figured you guys will need a woman’s touch on this.”

Howie nods and smiles, “Great. We’ll head off in a minute.”

Cabal cleans his pistol and sighs, “I’m going after Demetrius, any takers?”

“Ohhh hooo. I’m in!” Nemesis growls, imagining Demetrius’ sufferings.

Kevin smiles, “I’m in.”

“Great.” Cabal smiles.

“So where does that leave us?” A.J. asks, pulling off his shades and tossing them aside on the grass.

“You two will take out the soldiers in the south perimeter. Liam doesn’t do a good job in plotting his army around that base and it’s more safe. Plus, you can take out the soldiers hidden there and they won’t see you. But we have to hurry. Sunrise is only four hours away and we have to destroy them by then.” Cabal whispers, loading up, adding ammunition to his rifle.

The others nodded and smile, preparing to take off until A.J. whispers out, “Wait.”

“Huh what is it?” Brian asks.

A.J. smirks and places his hand in the center of the circle of the group. Brian laughs and places his hand on top of A.J.’s. Nick places his hand on top of Brian, smirking all the while as Damaris and Nemesis joins in. Kevin and Howie add their hands and finally after much consideration, Cabal places his palm on top of the pile.

“Good luck. This battle is on and we will win.” Cabal whispers.

A.J. grins, “Ready, one, two, three. Backstreet’s back alright!” And the hands go down and fly up as the laughter mixed in.

“Let’s go.” Howie whispers as they rush off to their opposite sides. Howie, Nick and Damaris race towards the parked army tanks where Liam was suspected to be spotted.

Nemesis, Kevin and Cabal creep silently further into the forest where Demetrius was last seen in hopes to destroy one of the main vampires.
~*~

“When I see him, I want to personally rip his limbs apart slowly as he watches on still breathing.” Nemesis hisses, clutching her pistol to her chest.

Cabal laughs and quiets down Nemesis, “Shhh! I know you can’t wait to get your hands on him, but remember we have an army of more than sixty vampire soldiers on foot waiting to take us down before we can even reach him.”

“Well that should be no problem. We can blast them down. Demetrius can’t be watched all the time.” Kevin whispers as they edge the forest clearance and lie close to the grassy ground.

Cabal smirks, “I have an idea. Nemesis since Demetrius seems fond of you, I say go up to him and throw him off with a little distraction. We can shoot him if he’s distracted long enough.”

“Fine by me.” Nemesis growls, stepping onto the quiet roadside. “Demetrius, where are you? Be a man and face me.”

A herd of vampire soldiers all dressed in black begin reaching them, shooting at her direction. Cabal and Kevin step onto the road, strapped with rifles and loaded gun, firing at the large crowd of vampires. In a matter of minutes, herds of large thick darkening smoke covers the atmosphere, leaving the three to cough for relief.

“Man how many was that?” Kevin chokes out, his emerald eyes clouded with distress from the smoke.

“Too little, that wasn’t even half of that group, there are too many in this place.” Cabal whispers, scanning over the bloody vacant army tanks lined up down the road.

“Great. We’re not even close…” Nemesis mutters.

“Shhh… what’s that sound?” Kevin’s ears perked up as Cabal smiles and snaps his caliber into place with fresh blood vials.

“He’s around here. I can hear his voice.” Nemesis whispers: grinning widely, crouching down behind a large bush with the other two.

Cabal gives a signal, pointing with his finger to head out, “Stay in the shadows, we don’t want to get caught.”

Kevin and Nemesis nod and both crawl over behind a thick bark of a tree. “I see him.” Kevin whispers, clutching his pistol in his hand tightly.

“I’ll kill him.” She growls, her eyes burning in rage.

“No, I’ll get him, you’ll distract him.” Kevin whispers as Cabal races in the shadows of the opposite side of them killing off a small troop of soldiers.

“Screw that! He’s deserves to die in my hands.” Nemesis hisses, her emerald sapphire orbs gleam in hatred.

“No! I’ll do it. I think I have more of a reason to do it than you!” He growls, revealing his new fangs that poked gently out.

Nemesis exhales and nods her head in agreement, “Fine. But I have to tell you, if you don’t let me get something in, I’ll never forgive you.”

“Well I can’t have that happen. Howie will never forgive me then.” Kevin smiles softly as Nemesis blushes. “Howie will be ok. I promise you that. Dagon will leave his body in three hours. I know he’s fallen for you. He hasn’t stop talking about you since we left the society.”

“You can stop lying now. I know he has no interest in me. He doesn’t even know me, how can he fall for me?” Nemesis whispers, adjusting her leather halter top and placing a blade in the wedge of her bosoms.

“Hey vampires have feelings too. And besides we’re not fully vampires yet, our bodies are still transforming, I heard we don’t go through the complete metamorphosis till tomorrow.” Kevin smirks, giving her a look.

Rolling her eyes, she steps out of the trees, “Whatever.” And smirks, spotting Demetrius in the center of the large herd of vampires.

“Hey Demetrius, how ya doing?” She grins widely, batting her eyes at him. She moves suavely over to him, pushing through the group of vampires. “Excuse me guys, I wanna talk to the leader.” She purrs, slipping through the pile of vampires. Demetrius watches her and smiles.

“Well you came back to play. Do you feel bad for your failed attempt at destroying Jezreel?” Demetrius smirks, eyeing the woman before him.

Yawning, she places her hand over her mouth and smirks, “I didn’t fail, I let her live for a few more minutes. But don’t worry, she’ll fall just like the rest of your posse. Demetrius you should bad for what you’re doing. You lied to me. How could you lie to me Deme?” She bats her eyes at him, trialing her soft fingers down his cheek.

Demetrius laughs and screams out, “Watch out, it’s a plan! Don’t be fooled by her!” The herd of vampires turn around and aim their arsenal at any impending danger that can occur. Smiling, Nemesis giggles and clasps her hands in his,

“Shhh, down boy. You don’t want to spoil the surprise. I thought you’d be excited to see me again. What happened? Why the sudden mood change Deme?”

“Enough! You can stop that Nemesis, I know you have something plan. Where are you little friends girl? They can’t get me. I’m not that easy.”

“Ha, could have fooled me.” She whispers, her light locks gleaming softly in the moonlight.

Growling, Demetrius grabs Nemesis by the throat and lifts her up in one hand, “Don’t play with me anymore little bit…”

Suddenly he stops mid-sentence and growls, letting go of his grip, leaving Nemesis to topple onto the ground. He heard the loud gun shot and felt its bullet lodged in the back of his neck. He hisses and stares around the land, spotting Kevin perched on the highest branch of a tree aiming the pistol at his direction. “Son of a…” Demetrius growls, touching the wound at the base of neck. Stained in blood, he pulls his hand away and stares at his hand, hissing.

“Sir, we’re waiting for your cue to shoot, the man that shot you disappeared immediately, I sent some of the soldiers off to find him, but so far nothing.” A soldier states.

Demetrius nods and hisses out, “Go after him. I’ll take the girl!” And he snaps Nemesis’s head so she was staring at him. “Well blondie, you thought you were so smart pulling off that move! Bullet’s can’t kill me.” His grin broadens.

Suddenly a small glint in Nemesis’s eye sparks a grin across her soft features. “Demetrius, you’re mistaken. That wasn’t a bullet that struck you. That was a vial full of your favorite blood, O negative.” She hisses slowly, enjoying the horrid look that crossed his face.

“WHAT?!” He screams out, throwing the woman painfully down on the ground, placing his hands over the small bullet wound. “This, THIS CAN’T BE!” He chokes out, his body weakening and breaking as he falls onto his knees. Nemesis stands up and points at him, pulling at her magnums and firing off at the surrounding vampires with Cabal and Kevin appearing out of the shadows, destroying the rest of the small group that surrounded Demetrius.

“There. They’re out of here.” Kevin whispers, watching Demetrius happily. Demetrius looks up at Kevin and laughs.

“You fools, you don’t know what you’re doing! You kill me, you die as well. You’re connected to me or have you forgotten?” Demetrius chokes out, his grey eyes catching sight of Kevin’s smirk.

Cabal watches near by as he and Nemesis blast off of a few more soldiers heading their way. Kevin leans down and grabs a handful of raven hair in his hands, “No I haven’t forgotten. But you’re not the leader. Liam is. And besides we’re still changing, we can’t die. At least not yet that it.” And with that, he places the pistol on the Demetrius’s left temple, smiling the entire time. “Hell will be good for you I’m sure of it.” And Nemesis turns around in time, watching Kevin pull the trigger, letting the deadly blood vial slam into the vampire’s head. Demetrius hisses as a ball of dark smoke and flames burst out of him, instantly killing him. Kevin backs away from the combustion and smiles at Nemesis who gives him a thumbs up.

“Nice, you got the balls to do away with him and you did it the way I showed ya.” Nemesis smirks.

“Well I learned from the best.” Kevin smiles as Cabal high fives the two and the three head out to find A.J. and Brian.
~*~

“I’m cold.” A.J. grumbles, crossing his arms across his chest for warmth.

Brian smirks and adjusts his pistol, “Yeah well, Florida’s weather is acting up.” The cold mists escaping his mouth after each word.

A.J. watches the small cold crisp river before him, he scans around the forest to find in the near distance a small explosion. Smirking, he turns around to Brian, “Hey you think that was Demetrius?”

“I hope so.”

“So what happens after we kill these things off, will we live?” A.J. whispers out.

Brian shrugs his shoulders, “I got no clue man. Things are so screwed up, none of this still makes sense.”

“Well how about I make it clear for you?” A sudden dark deep voice rasps.

A.J. gulps and tightens his grip on his pistol. “Orion.”

“Yeah, I can finish what I was supposed to do earlier. Seems this time you’re with your friend here instead of that chick. Oh well. Either way, I’m getting rid of trash.” Orion hisses.

“Hey, whoa, I thought we were all on the same team?” Brian whispers eyeing Orion.

Orion laughs, “Well since your little trip back at the sanctuary with Liam, I think we both changed sides.” Pointing his rifle at A.J. he smirks.

Brian grips his pistol and with shaking hands quickly rises it and nervously pulls the trigger. Where the bullet landed? Well he would have to see and get closer.
~*~

Howie and Nick trudge through the thick mass of green thorns and bushes as Damaris walks calmly behind them.

“I’m gonna kill his little blonde hairs out one by one.” Nick mumbles, kicking a small stone. Damaris laughs behind him and smirks,

“You’re not too fond of him now are you?”

“Oh gee, what could have told ya that?” Nick whispers sarcastically.

“Ah, just a wild guess.”

“Shhh...” Howie whispers suddenly stopping, sniffing the air. “He’s around here somewhere.”

“Good, I wanna tear him apart, he made my life a living hell.” Nick and Damaris hiss in unison.

Smiling, Howie nods his head and grins, “Quietly if we move further down this path in the forest, Liam will be there and we can deposit the body into this river.”

“Man you’re twisted dude.” Nick eyes his friend.

Howie’s eyes lighten up and gaze up at his friend, ‘Twisted what?”

“Nothing D. Dagon is screwing with you.” Nick whispers as they continue clomping through the dry leaves and thick mass of green bushes.

“Oh. Wait, guys I’m scared.” Howie whispers feeling Damaris’s hand on his shoulder,

“Well you won’t really remember. Dagon will be the one killing off Liam. But I need you to remain calm. If you don’t let Dagon get rid of Liam then we’re all pretty screwed.”

“There he is.” Nick whispers loudly, pointing his finger towards a large herd of vampires that surrounded a few army tanks with their leader on board.

“Bingo, will you guys let me know what happened?” Howie asks, watching Nick nod his head,

“Though I don’t know if you want to know.”

“Well it doesn’t matter. I need to know. Just in case. And watch over me, I don’t trust what Dagon has planned for my body.” Howie whispers as he smiles and then his eyes darken again, Dagon gaining control again.

Damaris gulps and eyes Nick as both sigh and continue their trek towards Liam’s unsuspecting party.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Ultimate Steps by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Ultimate Steps~**

He watches the bullet soar into the air, striking A.J.’s arm as Orion laughs.

Brian gasps and walks back slowly, crying out: “Sorry, it was an accident!” to his band mate A.J. who screams out and clutches his wounded arm.

“What the hell man?!” A.J. yells out watching Orion grab Brian by the throat, lifting the man off his feet. Brian’s legs swing softly, his breathing now caught while he gasps for any remaining air to enter his lungs.

Brian cries out and struggles to get freed from Orion’s grasp but fails miserably. A.J. growls and pulls out a .22 caliber pistol from his holster, shooting Orion in the back. More than five blood vials slam into his back, sending Orion into sudden convulsions. Growling, Orion turns around, flinging Brian to a nearby tree knocking the man unconscious.

“Brian!!” A.J. cries out.

Laughing, Orion smirks and shakes his head, “I can’t believe you. You…” He hisses slowly as the convulsions begin to slow down in his smoking body. “You…killed…me!” He gasps out, facing his direction: a pool of dark rich metallic liquid runs down the chin of his mouth as he collapses face first on the ground. His body burst into a harsh bright flame, exploding and sending burnt limbs to sail in the air.

A.J. cries out and inches back, falling on the ground as he coughs roughly. “Hol…holy mother of…” He whispers in fright, examining the corpse of the vampire. Scanning over to the tree, he crawls over to where Brian was lying unconscious. “Hey buddy. Rok, come on we have to go…”

Brian was lying still not moving as A.J. shakes his friend’s shoulders, “Come on get up. I don’t have time for this!” He cries out.

“Oh God!” He hears Kevin’s voice cut through the forest. A.J. turns in time to see Cabal, Kevin and Nemesis catch up to him.

“What happened!?” Kevin cries out, pulling his cousin close to him, checking for his pulse.

“He…he was thrown by Orion. He’s out.” A.J. whispers nervously, shuddering at the burnt and nauseating remains and smells of Orion.

“You lucky you killed him off before he did something worse. We wouldn’t have made it on time.” Cabal sighs, helping Kevin lift Brian in their arms.

Nemesis watches A.J. curiously and back at what was left of Orion, smirking she whispers: “I never did like him. He was so rude.”

A.J. smirks and sighs, “So we’re almost out of here then huh?” He wipes off a stain of the dry blood of his cheek and neck, that had splashed on him as Orion was choking on his own liquids.

“Just about.” Nemesis whispers: reloading her gun with fresh vials.

Smiling, he pokes Nemesis’s in her ribs, “If we all make it through all this, maybe you can hang out with us later after concerts and stuff, hell it will put a smile on Howie’s face.”

Nemesis smirks and nods her head quickly, “Ok, sounds like a plan. And I get to see a free concert and get away from all this.” She whispers, passing her hand around to the forest and the smoking substances of the remains of the dead vampire soldiers littering the ground.

“Tell me about it. Nemesis, you think the others can kill off Liam?”

“He’s not that easy to get rid off. Plus that little wench Jezreel is still wondering around here.” Nemesis grumbles, cracking her knuckles uneasily.

A.J. chuckles gently, gulping down the fear that somehow made its way down his body, sending shivers to pulsate through his body. “Cabal, where we heading now?”

“We should make our way over to the north side of the forest to meet the others. Liam should be around that area and I’m assuming that’s where Nick, Howie and Damaris are heading.”

Nemesis smirks, “I wanna see Liam die, can we go pleassssssse?” She playfully bats her eyes at Cabal’s direction as Kevin grunted, shaking his head.

A.J. shakes his head, sighing, “Alrighty then.”

“Let’s go then.” Cabal whispers, helping Kevin out with Brian as the five of them make their way down the forest.
~*~

He muses, gathering the soldiers to line up on either side of him. Growling, he watches the soldiers standing in salute as he walks in the center of the man made aisle. “They’re coming. I can sense my father’s presence nearby. Dagon wants to kill me, I will not go with him!” He hisses to his men, inching down the aisle.

“Will I see him now Liam?” The small child creeps up, her mocha colored cheeks glitter with youth.

Liam smirks and notices Jezreel standing at the end of the aisle. “Yes. In fact he’s around here somewhere.”

“Goody, I’m thrilled.” She giggles clutching her red satin dress to her small body.

Liam smiles: glancing around the dark forest, the trees wavering in the strong breeze. “Get ready men. Fire at my count.”

The soldiers prepare, adjusting their rifles, waiting for their cue.

Damaris kneels down behind a bush, watching Howie and Nick converse among their selves as they aim their pistols at the small army that had gathered a few meters in front them.

“I don’t see him.” Nick grumbles, peering around the bush to locate any figure that can resemble Liam.

“But I do.” Howie whispers low, Dagon taking control once again. Damaris watches the soft coffee pupils change to a frightening crimson red. “Damaris, stick to the plan. Liam is mine. My son will die in my hands tonight.”

Nick gulps and peers at Damaris, checking his watch. “We’re an hour away from sunrise. This is it, its now or never.”

Damaris smirks at his statement, receiving a glare from Nick. “Ha ha, yeah, yeah.”

Howie stands up, pulling out of his black leather jacket another pistol. “We’re moving out.” And he steps out of the bush approaching Liam and his army.

Liam’s ears perk at the soft footsteps and smiles, seeing Howie appear out of the shadows. “Father. You made it to the celebrations. It seems that Demetrius and Orion are missing. Maybe you might know what happened? Hmmm… father.” He growls, a gentle breeze flutters through the air, ruffling Liam’s flaxen hair.

“Maybe we has something to do with it.” Damaris whispers, crawling out of the shadows.

Liam breaks into a laugh as Jezreel steps aside from him, unleashing a harpoon towards Nick’s direction. Nick shooting at the surrounding vampires, didn’t take heed to the oncoming weapon until it was too late. The iron dagger slices into his outer thigh, pulling at him, leaving his to scream to fidget in pain.

Howie growls and races over to Liam, punching one time straight through his son’s chest, leaving his arm to go directly through the front and out the back of the man. Damaris watches in pure horror as Howie held the pumping black heart of what was once in Liam’s chest.

“Uhhhh God!” Damaris shouts in fright, staring at the sickening horror before her. Nick in pain, stops screaming and for that one moment forgets his own trauma as he gags at the sight.

“What the…” Nick hisses as Liam collapses on the ground, shaking. Howie growls and turns to the running soldiers shooting at his direction. Ducking and rushing into the shadows, he pulls out a rifle and begins shooting as Damaris and Nick join up, shooting alongside. They shoot down more than a half of the army leaving a few scattered soldiers disarmed and nervous. Many of them ran off into the forest, getting lost as the peak of the horizon glimmers to remind those that no longer belong to the day to hide for cover. Nick cringes in pain as he yanks out the arrow, letting it clatter on the ground. “Ahhh, Damn. That’s sucks.” He crashes on the ground besides the Damaris as Howie reloads his rifle.

Damaris sighs and plops down, her back on the bark of a tree, inhaling. “You killed him.”

Nick smiles, “He’s gone.”

Howie eyes them and shakes his head, remaining quiet. The only sounds were heard from the distant as a harsh explosive coming from a mile down from them. Nick raises his head and eyes Howie, “What was that?”

“Nemesis and Cabal. I gave them an explosive to finish off the remaining army. It was a harsh blue light used to disintegrate vampires. One of the most powerful weapons used. You should go meet them, it’ll get dangerous now.” Dagon whispers, clouding Howie’s gentle voice.

“Damn, I thought this was dangerous already.” Mumbles Nick as he patches his wound, wrapping a cloth tightly around his thigh.

Damaris looks around the area and frowns, “Wait, Dagon…Liam’s body was right here… What happened?” She whispers confused as Nick looks around the area confused.

“Yeah she’s right, D, uh Dagon, where is Liam?” Nick whispers, his voice cracking in fear as goose bumps prick his spine.

Howie smirks, “Like I said, it’s gonna get dangerous. He didn’t die. Jezreel is with him at the moment. He can’t die like that. He needs to have that blood vial inserted into him.” And with that, walks quickly down the now deserted road. Leaving Nick and Damaris in confusion.

“What the hell is going on?” Nick growls, stepping lightly on his feet as Damaris guides him towards the entrance of the forest.

Howie steps on the withered grass and scans the forest as Nemesis, Kevin, Cabal, A.J. and a slightly woken Brian stumble to meet them.

Cabal eyes Howie and nods, “Sir, I saw Liam fly down the road after Jezreel supplied blood.”

“Jezreel, figured.” Nemesis growls as Damaris and Cabal nurse Nick’s wound. A.J. sighs and gazes at his bandaged arm, the blood now seeped through the cotton wrap.

Nemesis sniffs the air, the cold breeze fans her fair face as she pulls out her small blade from its hidden spot, between her bosoms. Gripping the blade in her hands, she looks at the others and tells them to not move or make a sound. “I’m gonna kill that little wench. Wait till I see her.” And she disappears up a tree, climbing it was no effort, reaching the highest branch. She kneels down, perching and waiting to find Jezreel. Finally spotting her, she grins and leaps down, landing on her feet.

Damaris smirks at her friend as the other men watch on curiously. Nemesis creeps up quietly to a group of small trees surrounding a tiny plot of land and in the center sat the young vampire, tracing a distinct pattern on the dirt ground with her finger. Nemesis inches near the area, hiding behind a tree, staying in the shadows.

“She really can’t stand that little girl, weird huh?” Brian croaks up finally coming to.

A.J. sighs happily and ruffles Brian’s hair, “Glad to see ya buddy. You went out on me for a moment.”

“Yeah that happens when getting thrown into a tree.” Brian croaks, easing into a joke to calm the other’s tension.

Giggling, Damaris tells them to remain quiet, pointing to Nemesis’s little hunting adventure.

“Is Nemesis really gonna catch that girl? That little girl belongs to the supreme linege, she’s connected to Dagon. She can’t be easily killed.” Cabal mutters, plopping on the ground watching Nemesis climb out of the shadows and slowly make her way to the girl.

Nemesis’s ears perk at the soft mumbling escaping the little girl’s mouth. It was a Latin chat, calling out to Dagon to make the ultimate sacrifice by expelling his blood onto the ground for her salvation. She whispers for Dagon to truly make his appearance as he truly is…

“Ego vocare Deus de notis de ignis: capio caro! Utor belli; Deus carde castum vita! Ego dico ardeo hostis…” (I call God from night, from fire: seize flesh! Use war; God kill pure life! I say burn enemy.)

Nemesis stops dead on her tracks as she hears a loud moaning, screaming occurring behind her as Howie kneels down and cries out, screaming in agony. His eyes burn a dark red as his shaking voice change, his form slowly changing to a more taller, thinner, deadly man. The same image as Howie only this man was distinct, his large blood fill eyes pierce at Nemesis’s direction as two powerful fangs shoot out of his mouth. His caramel tan complexion glitters under the silver natural night as he growls.

Nemesis stares at Jezreel who seemed to deep in a trance, taking the opportunity, Nemesis, grabs the child from behind and places the blade across her throat, slicing the shining blade neatly into the flesh. Jerzeel’s eyes snap open in time to see her own death as she cries out and yells, slamming Nemesis’s back onto a bark of a tree.

“You die with me, you sick bit…” Jezreel stops mid-sentence, gasping and clutching her throat as Nemesis in pain inches away from the child.

“No you’ll die tonight. This world doesn’t belong to you or any of your kind. It belongs to us, the people. Go back home, Satan misses you.” Nemesis hisses quietly. “Liam will join you shortly, Demetrius is already, so you’ll have all the company you can get.”

“Then I will for you!” Jezreel screams out. “You will suffer along with me one day! This day will not go unjustified!” The child coughs violently as the blood wets her small hands, dripping onto the dark ground. She looks up at her before hisses a curse and then falls dead on the ground. Her body remains unmoved, unscathed as Nemesis watches on in approval.

“Good night little girl. You didn’t deserve the daylight and you never will.” She hisses, walking back to the others, her heart a bit happier than normal.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**
Restoratoin of an Enigma by Jamelet
“The Blood Pact”

**~Restoration of an Enigma~**

Damaris watches Nemesis walking back, approaching them with a sneer on her lips.

“Good news?” Damaris whispers out, raising her dark eyebrows.

“Yeah, I killed her.” Nemesis smirks and gasps, the first to notice Howie’s sudden change, “Uh, uh guys! Where’s Howie?”

The vampire hisses and turns to her attention, grabbing her neck and pulling her up his arms, her legs lifted inches off the air. She growls and swings at him as he places her back down.

“Quiet!” Howie hisses, yanking Nemesis away from him.

Nick gulps and stares at his friend, “What did the chant say Nemesis? Does it explain why Howie is like this now?”

Nemesis frowns and gingerly touch her sort throat.

“A chant?! What did she say?” Cabal rushes over to her as the others watch on.

Nemesis narrows her eyes and hisses, “Well it was in Latin…you think I could have understood that?!”

“Calm down.” He glances at Howie and frowns. “Dagon…What are you doing here?”

The vampire hisses and smiles at him, “I was sent free. Your friend belongs to me now!”

All eyes turn to Nemesis as she snorts, “Ahh ok, well I forget to mention she was in the middle of a chant when I killed her, but…”

“But you just ruined it for us Nemesis.” Cabal whispers manically, his dark eyes taking in Nemesis hatefully.

“Ruined it? How? He was already possessed, I’m not the bad guy here!” Nemesis shouts, feeling the restrains of the dark glares.

“Nemesis, if she was starting the chant, it’s already too late for Howie.” Cabal whispers.

“Too late? What? Please, Liam will die and Howie can be sent free, it’s all in the chant, once Liam is out, Dagon can leave this body. He doesn’t need Howie to rule.” Nemesis whispers, cleaning the blood stains off the metal blade on the side of her torn dark jeans.

“Howie? D? What happened to our friend?” Kevin growls out, grabbing the man’s arm forcefully.

The vampire turns around and swats Kevin brutally, sending him in the air, knocking him unconscious. “Damn, what the…” A.J. screams out at the sudden distinct man that no longer looked like their friend.

Damaris cries out and rushes over to Kevin as the others surround what was once Howie.

Brian gulps and scans around, eyeing the man that now no longer was his soft hearted friend, “Howie, why? Listen we can-”

“ I’m Dagon. Remember that. You all belong to me tonight, dawn is quickly approaching. When Liam dies in our hands, you all will belong me!” The lanky tall man growls, his fangs glittering beneath the small silver moonlight.

Everyone gasps and backs away, A.J. fearfully approaches his friend, “D…D…why this? Why this body?”

Dagon smirks and passes his now elongated fingers over A.J.’s soft cheek. Scrapping his clawed nail down his friend’s cheek, he smiles: “I already told ya. Since the beginning, you all belonged to me. You’re connected to me all and this man was the one body I can control without much of a fight.”

“Ha, screw you, I don’t belong to anybody, and most def not you!” Damaris yells out, grabbing her pistol and pointing it at Howie’s directions.

Nemesis stands silently, chewing the inside of her cheek. “Damaris, maybe you should put the gun away. You don’t want to kill him.”

“Kill him. Ha! Na, that’s too nice for this guy. I want to make him suffer!” Damaris whispers.

Cabal eyes Howie, narrowing his eyes, “We still have mission set out for all of us. Let’s get Liam and the remaining army before we decide what to do with Howie.”

Brian nods his head as he reloads his pistol. A.J. nervously inches towards Kevin who’s was awake holding his head.

“Kevin, buddy? How you doing?” A.J. whispers.

“Just peachy.” Kevin grumbles, standing up from the ground, pushing roughly pass Damaris and A.J. pulling out his pistol, he points to it to Howie and growls, ‘The hell with you man!”

“Kevin stop it!” Cabal screams out while Nemesis kicks the pistol out of his hand.

Kevin growls and pushes Nemesis roughly, “Let me get him! He deserves to die!”

“Stop it, he’s still Howie! Don’t speak like that!” Damaris yells out, her dark orbs scanning the raging man.

Kevin inhales and backs away from Howie, the only sound heard was the wind bustling through the dark woods.

Brian stiffens and gulps, following his cousin down the road where Liam was last seen.

“Follow behind.” Cabal whispers to the two girls who trudge behind them. Nick and A.J. sigh and shakes their heads as they two follow behind the girls, Brian and Kevin.

Cabal watches the group and once they were away from earshot, he frowns and grabs Howie’s arm, “What do you think you’re doing here?”

The vampire smiles and laughs, shaking his head. “ I already told ya. What more do you need to hear?”

“The truth!”

Dagon laughs and yanks his arm away from Cabal’s grasps, “The truth, what a lie for me. You’re not ready to hear the truth.”

“Yes I am! Why this body? Why now?!” Cabal shouts frustrated.

Howie chuckles and rolls his soft gentle coffee eyes at Cabal’s direction, “There’s a lot you’re not ready to hear Cabal. But let us go. Liam needs to die and I want his blood on my hands.” And with that, he disappears into the dark shadows, following behind the others as Cabal races behind.
~*~

Liam clutches his chest and spits angrily on the ground, “Ahh damn, this cut is taking too long to heal. I can’t walk around oozing.”

“Liam its best you rest. You shouldn’t be walking around in the condition you’re in.” One of the servants whispers, patching up the raw wound on Liam’s chest.

“They’re coming. Set the arsenal up. Father is approaching and I won’t let him get away with his plan. He won’t win, I will prevail.” Liam hisses, clenching his teeth as a wet gauze touched his ripped chest.

“Liam, they’re here! I see them!” A masked soldier yells out, running over to Liam who was lying in a homemade trench.

“So kill them you fool! What the hell do you want me to do!” Liam gasps out, the pain clouding his eyes.

“But, but its Dagon! Really!! I mean he looks just like the pictures of his past!”

“And you’re telling me this because…” Liam hisses, sitting up in the cot as another vampire nursed his wounds.

“I, I don’t know what I should do! I can’t kill him! He’ll destroy me before I make a move!”

Liam grimaces and narrows his grey eyes, “You little fool! Shoot a bullet through his pesky chest and watch him die. That’s all there is to it.”

“But he’s the leader! I can’t just shoot him! We’ll all die if we lose the leader!”

Liam smirks and pulls the soldier by the arm, whispering into his ear that brought a smile on the soldier’s face. “Now go and do as told.” Liam whispers, the soldier salutes and runs off with a grin on his face.

The vampires who was quietly patching Liam up, looks up and smiles, “What’s the big secret?”

“Secret? No secret here. I simply told him what he needed to know. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to prepare for my father’s homecoming.” Liam whispers, dusting himself off, standing slowly off the cot.

“Alright, then I’ll prepare the weapons sir.” And he speeds off, leaving Liam alone in the trench.

“Dear father, oh Dagon, where are you? Come play father…I’m not like Demetrius. I’ll play with you and I have a secret that you don’t even know.” Liam whispers, feeling a soft chuckle rising from his stomach until he burst out in laughter. “Oh the things I know will blow your mind away.” Liam smirks, gathering his pistol and dark cane, stepping out of the trench.

Another soldier vampire dressed entirely in black, spots Liam and waves him over, “Liam, look what I see!” And eagerly lifts his binoculars to his eyes again. Liam walks to him and reaches him, smiling:

“Let me see.” Liam whispers, crouching down with a smile on his face. Placing the cold lenses over his eyes, he focuses on the small approaching army of six men and two women. “Well, well. Seems Cabal still has his little renegade with him. How exciting.”

“Let’s blast them and get it over with.” One of soldiers whispers nearby to Liam. But he simply shakes his head no and tells them to take their place.

“No shooting, at least not yet. I need to talk to my father. He has taken control of that body and I need to find out why.”

“Very well, as you wish Liam.” One of the soldiers commands and lines up with the others awaiting for the leader’s commands to shoot.

Liam leans on his thick dark wooden cane and limps over painfully, his chest heaving as it continues to restore itself. Smiling, he stands in front of his army of twenty something soldiers. “Father, dare I say? Is that you? Have you come back for me?”

The tall vampire that once was Howie, leads his group towards Liam. “You have the audacity to stand before your very own father and speak the way you do before him. You shall die like your brother did tonight.”

“Uh, uh. Not so father. See I have plans and you’ve just standing in the way.”

A.J. rolls his eyes as he watches the on going conversation while Brian and Kevin listen and await the cue. Damaris smirks, pulling out of her pockets the bright blue vials that contain the ultra-violet rays.

Showing the vials to Nemesis, Nemesis nods and eyes Kevin who in turn pulls out his pistol and reloads it with the bright blue vials that was found by Howie.

Mouthing out, Damaris states at three they will shoot the rest of the army with the ultra-violet rays. Glancing around, Nemesis holds up her hand, sticking her pointer finger indicting one, then lifts her middle finger as two and finally the cue, her ring finger as three. The army begins shooting at that moment, catching them all off guard as the war rages on full force. Brian screams out and pulls the trigger heavily, shooting the blue vials at the opposing soldiers. Three, then five soldiers die by the sudden blue light, burning them down and ripping their sacred dead flesh off their dying bodies.

Nick gasps and pulls his trigger, setting off a riot of screaming from the opposite army, killing off already eight of the soldiers with the blue force. Nick in shock, watches the death as the blue light encompasses those soldiers, its blue light, searing through the flesh and ripping the soldier’s clothes. The smell of immediate burning flesh fills the appearing dawn air as soldiers run out and cry in desperate pleas to be saved tonight.

Liam yells and pulls out his pistol, pointing it directly in front of Howie’s transformed face. “You won’t win father! Do you hear me?! I know something you don’t!” He begins to cackle, shaking his fingers nervously over the trigger.

Howie frowns and tries to snatch the pistol away but was too slow for that, having Liam step back. “You know nothing! Liam, you’re destined like your brother to fail! I already know how this little war will end. It’s too late for you child. You missed up and you couldn’t have done the job right anyway. I shouldn’t have sent children out to do a man’s work. But never more, it ends now!” And with that, Howie steps back, Dagon’s form still in him as he watches in glee at the out going bullet, its blue vial heading straight for Liam. In quick thinking, Howie sends a reeling punch to Liam’s abdomen, causing Liam to gasp open, his mouth open wide in pain just in time for the blue vial to slam into his mouth, blowing up inside of him.

As if time had suddenly stopped for the entire herd, everyone looks on at Liam as he stands unusually still, an utter horrid look of confusion clouding his face. His grey eyes scroll over Nick and the others of the opposite team before gasping. His eyes grew wide as he yells out one final yell. The fighting stops as Liam howls, the blue light inside his mouth, flickers and turns black before exploding, sending an array of shattered tattered worn limbs and organs all around him. No remains were left, only the still black smoke hissing in its place stayed. “Good night Liam, you weren’t worth to live anyway.” Dagon whispers softly, the twinkle of the early sun light showing its first glow at the horizon.

The scattered remaining soldiers cry out and run away: a lost field of cattle without its shepherd guiding them. “It’s done.” Dagon whispers as Howie cries out and drops on the ground shaking violently, opening his mouth as the white mist of Dagon seeps out, escaping the body finally and disappearing into the morning winds.

Brian gasps and kneels nervously touching his sore friend, “Ho, Howie, hey buddy you alright man?”

The soft coffee eyes peer up at Brian as he sits up and slowly stands up with the help of Cabal and Nemesis.

Kevin sighs and gently touches Nick’s shoulder, pulling him into a brotherly hug, “We did it Nick! We killed the leader and we lived!”

A.J. laughs and throws his arms around the two women as they jokily dance and cheer.

“Look, it’s the morning!” Cabal whispers, inching to the dark shadows. “I have to head back. The sun is coming.”

Damaris smiles and runs up to Cabal, hugging him. “Thanks!”

Surprised, Cabal accepts the hug and laughs softly, “Hey no problem, but why though?”

“For keeping your promise. You really were on the right side of the team. You stopped the destruction and saved thousands if not millions of lives by stopping the wretched vampires from taking over.” Nemesis whispers, a small smile creeping up on her soft lips.

“No problem, I was serious about it. I was in it to help people, not kill them. Demetrius’s ploys of joining his brother to awaken his father worked and in the end it killed them both along with the rest of the group.”

Howie sighs and passes his hands over his chest and arms as if he never seen them before. “I’m, I’m alright, he didn’t hurt me.”

“Do you remember what you did?” Kevin whispers curtly.

Howie shakes his head, “No, but is Liam dead?”

Smirking, Brian speaks out, “If he wasn’t, you wouldn’t be talking with us now would ya?”

“So can I have my life back, you know without the whole vampire thing in it?” A.J. jokes around.

Cabal smirks and inches back further into the shadows as the sun edges and breaks through the horizon slowly. “Maybe one day you can. For now, you’re an unusual species. Your kind is rare, unlike mines. You can remain in the day. Daylight is not the death of you, rather only the beginning.”

“But do I have to suck blood?” Nick whines playfully as the others snicker.

Cabal smirks, “You already know the answer to that guys. I have to go now. The sun is here and that means I don’t belong here now. This world by day is ruled by humans and you boys. By night, this world belongs to my species. Always be on alert. Although, Demetrius and Liam are gone, that doesn’t mean there won’t be others that won’t attempt the same thing.”

“Thanks.” Howie whispers softly, his eyes dropping to the ground.

“I’m curious, if we killed the leader, why are the boys still doing ok. In fact, you’re not dead either?” Damaris whispers curiously.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders as the five guys align themselves in a straight line, in confusion.

“She’s right. Why aren’t we man?” A.J. interjects suddenly.

The others shrug their shoulders as Cabal backs further into the forest, the sun light slowly beaming its gentle golden orange morning rays on the ground. Damaris and Nemesis smile at the five men and each hug them, bidding them farewell.

“Its time for you guys to head home and us as well.” Damaris smiles.

Howie clears his throat and slowly waves at Nemesis while the others watch in anticipation. Nemesis no longer holding back, went with her urges and gently laid a kiss on Howie’s soft lips. Howie in surprise smiles and laughs and the other guys chuckle along.

“Alright Neme, now that you got that out of your system, I see we let these guys get home and rest up. I think the fans miss them as well as their families.” Damaris giggles, tugging on her friend’s arm, waving and trialing behind Cabal. The two women follow Cabal for a few feet before Nemesis out of pure curiosity turns around to see Howie point a pistol at their direction.

Nemesis stops and freezes, alarming Damaris and Cabal who both turn around in time to see Howie whisper out the fatal answer. “You didn’t kill the leader Cabal, that’s why you’re still alive. I’m the leader, Dagon gave me his power and I stand in charge now. So you live because of me, but not anymore.” And he pulls the pistol, setting off three bullets.

The only sounds besides the shooting and cracking of the gun, was the wild fluttering of the birds escaping the trees and flying to safety. It seems they were the lucky ones, the three that stood however within the compounds of the forest never saw the total rising of the sun, nor to enjoy their freedom for too long. The smoke of the pistol hisses out of the hole as the five men smile and watch the three bodies crash on the ground. The sun lights up its environment, giving the corpses a small glow. Howie blows the smoke away and laughs as Brian high fives Nick and Howie. Kevin and A.J. snicker and roll their eyes, leading the way back to their tour bus.

“Looks like they weren’t expecting that.” A.J. whispers.

Brian shakes his head, “Nope, they didn’t have the slightest clue, they helped the enemies and they had no idea.”

“What a shame too, the pretty blonde hair girl I was growing fond of. Oh well, you live and learn.” Howie smirks as they walk down the road, leaving the three corpses in the dust from hence they came from.
~*~
Two weeks later…

The wheels crunch over the rocky road as the black Escalade crunches to a stop. Four of the men, load and carry two large wooden crated out of a brick house. A.J. holds a small wooden crate and goes down the three red bricked steps to slide in the backseat with Brian. Kevin in the driver’s seat, wait for Howie and Nick to load the last crate in the trunk and board the vehicle.

“All done!” Nick cheers, leaping into his seat as Howie smirks and gets in the passenger seat besides Kevin.

“So now what Kev?” Howie smiles, happily slapping his lap and looking out the front window.

“Don’t know, have any ideas guys?” Kevin leans back in his seat, yawning.

Nick snaps his fingers and smirks, “Hey I heard there’s this club opening up. I say there can be some new prospects, I mean with just the five of us, its a lot of work. Maybe we can scope out some new people and get some ladies to join our group. What do you say?” He raises his eyebrows.

Kevin watches the keychain swings quietly in the ignition and shakes his head, “Ah, bad idea, you saw what happened with Liam. We can’t trust people, if we want things to go right, we gotta do it on our own. People out there will toss and turn and who’s to say they’re gonna later wanna leave, we can’t have that.”

“So we’ll kill them before they decide to do that.” A.J. states, agreeing with Nick’s idea of having others joining them. Since Liam and the vampires passed away, the vampire movement came to complete halt. The poison in the water was a hoax for most part, it wasn’t the water that made the people ill, it was their betraying lineage to the vampire group they were once apart of. The water tactic was a nice trick to scare the humans, but a ridiculous ploy all at the same time.

“We need to have a better name that the Crimson society, that’s so lame man. No one would ever want to be apart of that.” A.J. mumbles, twisting his ring around on his finger.

“We’ll think of something better. Something that will draw people in. But first we should handle things on our own for now. Liam’s betrayal was too much a lesson to be learned for all of us.” Howie whispers and stays quiet as the wheels crunch and roll away. Kevin pulls them away from the small house and laughs, adjusting the mirror to the vehicle. The sun shone down on them gloriously as they sang their way back up to their hotels, back to their simple lives of entertainers where no one knows their dark sides. And no one will ever know.
**~The End~**
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=270