She Will Be Loved by BlackDiamonds98421
Summary: Even after her death he still remembered her...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 2918 Read: 11194 Published: 09/21/04 Updated: 10/01/04

1. Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421

2. Chapter Two by BlackDiamonds98421

3. Chapter Three by BlackDiamonds98421

4. Chapter Four by BlackDiamonds98421

5. Chapter Five by BlackDiamonds98421

6. Chapter Six by BlackDiamonds98421

7. Chapter Seven by BlackDiamonds98421

8. Epilogue by BlackDiamonds98421

Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Review.

~One

~Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else~

The date was October 3,1985 which meant for now fifteen year old Kevin Richardson,it was his birthday.But he wasn't the only one.His best friend also was getting ready to celebrate her birthday of eighteen years.

Shoulder length blonde hair,medium stature with beautiful bright blue eyes.He remebered what she wore that day to school while watching her talk to her boyfriend on the corner: A pink turtleneck sweater with a gray kneelength wool skirt.On her hair a pink band held the short hair from her glorious face.

Mary Jane Anderson was her name.She wanted to be a singer one day.She wanted to look good.She had a beautiful thing about her.She had a beautiful side about her.And she had an ugly side about her too.

An illegal alchoholic she was.But you could never tell.Her blue eyes would shiine the same and her personality was always bouncy.You'd have to squint to see the growing darkness in her eyes ad you'd have to strain to hear the bitterness in her voice.Yes,Mary Jane was a natural when it masking dark emotions and sides of her even from her boyfriend who supposedly knew "everything" about her.The true factor was he didn't know a thing.

Lyrics from the group Maroon 5's song "She Will Be Loved"
Chapter Two by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Hey, review.

~Two
~I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door
I had you so many times but somehow I want more
I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with a broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
She will be loved
And she will be loved~

Getting from the car,fifteen year old Kevin Richardson begin his lengthy walk up the driveway.Turning back around briefly, he grinned brightly back at his eldest brother Jerald Jr. who returned the friendly gesture.

Upon his destination, he rang the doorbell and patiently waited for the home's occupant to answer the beautiful white oak door.

The door opened and Mary Jane stood there in shook.Slamming the door in his face she ran quickly to her room to change from the pajamas she currently wore.

Kevin laughed to himself that she needed to change but on the inside...he was hurt.His pain grew everyday when small actions that Mary Jane did were "offensive" to some. Kevin secretly knew of her dark emotions. Silently he called her a slut, a stupid whore of darkness,a whore of the wicca religion which meant she was on a one way pathway to hell.He wanted to put her there and tell her to write him when she arrived at hell's black gates.He wanted her to be writing letters.Not him.But he was.And it hurt like...hell.

Upon opening the door, Mary Jane laughed nervously.

"I'm so sorry.I didn't know you were coming over.Is your brother here?"

Kevin secretly grimaced.He hated Jerald for that.Her boyfriend was his eldest brother.

"Yeah,he's um out in the car." Kevin stumbled out.He looked up at her and for the first time noticed her swelled bottom lip.Deciding to egnore it,he handed her the present.

"I'm sorry I'm a day late with it." he apologized.She smiled kissing him softly on the cheek.

"It's okay," she replied,"At least6 it wasn't painful." she mumbled.She didn't know he caught what she said.She didn't know he caught the meaning either.
Chapter Three by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N:Review.

~Three
~Tap on my window
Knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I told tend get insecure
It doesn't matter anymore~

When Mary Jane first stepped into the front door of the Richardson's house,Kevin knew everything was about to change...for the worse that was.

By looking at the way Mary Jane's eyes starred coldly at Jerald's,he felt in the middle.The feeling was somewhat uneasing to Kevin.It was definately a new feeling because he knew in fact that if anyone should be or even feel in the middle, it should be Mary Jane.

But she was a piece of bread while he was the meat pattie.

Kevin never liked bad attention.Nor did he like to be blamed faslely for a deed he didn't commit.He never really liked to show much emotion to male feelings concerning girls.So when Mary Jane grabbed his pale face and smashed her pale pink lips against his,he responded.Of course in the way he knew he always wanted to respond in and then again the way he always didn't want to respond in.He really wanted to be known as Kevin the boyfriend but since that would liekly not happen,he just wanted to be known as Kevin the friend.Not Kevin the second man.He didn't want to be known as the middle pawn in a game that was bound to tear his relations with his family and friends apart.

As quickly as Mary Jane's lips had connected, that was how fast they were gone.Stunned Jerald watched her walk out the door with a sick satisfaction.The last thing Kevin actually remembered was the taste of copper in his mouth and Jerald on top of him like an unleashed animal.
Chapter Four by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Review

~Eight

~It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise
It moves us along
My heart is full and my door's always open
You come any time you want~

It turned out to be that their father that broke the fight up with the help of the second eldest Timothy.Jerald ended up locking himself in his room.Tim took to the living room to continue his "homework" inwhich anyone was prohibited to disturb him and Kevin Jerald Sr. and Ann their mother took to the bathroom with ice and medical supplies for a swollen lip and darkened eye.

Kevin figured maybe next time it would be better if he first considered that Jerald was his older brother and he had a height weight, and strength advantage.Next time his reaction would be to push her away gently.But could he bring himself to do it?No.The worst form of doubt is self doubt and Kevin Scott Richardson was full of it.

Later that evening Tim had driven Kevin to Mary Jane's house.he door was open so Kevin let himself in.Walking straight up to her he grabbed her arm and spun her around impassively interrupting the pleasant phone conversation.

"Um hold on Chelsey,I'll have to call you back." Mary Jane said slightly aggitated.Hanging up the phone her hand immediatly flew to her hips and her weight shifted onto her left leg.

"What Kevin?" she asked sighing impatiently.Turning around she ran a hand through her golden hair that was growing longher each day.

"What the hell happened back there?"

A/N:Four more chaps to go...
Chapter Five by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Tattooed proably won't be updated till next week.I need to catch up w/ the chapters in my notebook.I like to be ahead at leats two or three chapters. Um,sorry about the length of these chapters.Unfortunately they won't get longer...but I'm thinking about posting a revised longer version of this story on here but you probably won't see it till a long break from school because right now I'm focased on passing my classes and these stories are not my number one priority.My focas is off in Tattooed and I don't want to post straight up junk. No worries about SWBL b/c this is all finished in my notebook.

~Five

~I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with a broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile and she will be loved
And she will be loved and she will be loved
And she will be loved~

The suspicions of Kevin were right.It turned out that Jerald had been caught red handedly man handling her younger sister but Mary didn't confront him then.She just kissed his little brother the kiss of a death warrant that his older brother would issue to him.Surprising enough though, she didn't scream,cry, or beg for forgiveness when Kevin lashed out at her.She just responded that maybe the familar trait of abuse ran in the family. And Kevin knew exactly what she meant and boy did it make him feel good.Instead it made him more insecure than before.It made him think things over before his next meeting with Mary Jane.

It wasn't Jerald Jr. who caught Kevin up in his room,knees up to his chest,head in his knees.Nor was it their father either,It was Timothy.

Timothy unlike Jerald was nice but devious. Too many times had people,mostly male, taken his stuff for their own use.Jerald sometiems would attempt to help him but any times instead iof fighting the opponent that stole from his brother,he was fighting his little brother.

When some one walked in the room,Kevin half expected it to be their father wanting to lecture or talk about the recent family fight that had occured.Instead, his "father" hugged him and the familar scent of Timothy filled his nostrils.

That's when Kevin broke down.That's when reality sunk in that he was in love.He was deathly in love with someone he couldn't have.Someone he'd do anything for.Even if it meant beating himself up over her pain.

A/N: And sweet_18, I stayed after for math tutoring so I feel alittle better.I should do okay on the quiz this Friday.
Chapter Six by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: I was sick.My head was ready to explode and I wanted to rip my stomach out.But I all better now. Except for the tiny headache above my eye if I move my head to fast.

A/N2: Two more chapters to go =(... but there is a chance at a possibly sequel upon request...

~Six

~I know where you hide
Alone in your car
Know all the things that make you who you are
I know that goodbye means nothing at all
Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls~

Remembering Mary Jane was always automatic.He could be in the middle of an important project at school or in the middle of class.Sitting at the dinner table or babysitting his little cousins.Mary Jane stuck to him like glue through the memories he wished ever more to forget.

So when Mary Jane walked up to him grimly,he smiled at her and her previous expression died.Her smile must have lit up the entire sky as she closely held her books to her chest in a fashionable way.

"Kevin..." she said starring at him throogh shining blue eyes that were half hidden through the flowing blonde curls that now surpassed her small shoulders.

"...love you." Kevin finished for her.So when she dropped her books and they scattered on the ground, he felt as if he had said something wrong.Going down to pick them up,she eased him slowly up.Looking into his intense green eyes she slowly moved her mouth.

"I love you." she mouth.Grabbig his arms roughly she slammed herself into his tall built body and she kissed him.They attracted onlookers in the schoo parking lot and alot of glares and whispers.They had caught the most beautiful girl in school cheating on the anonymous brother of the captain of the football team.This was highschool and the news flew fast.

Breaking the kiss Mary Jane ran from Kevin. Ducking into her car she slammed the door.Pushing her foot down hard on the gas pedal,she sped from the lot leaving Kevin and her books scattered in a scattered array.

(A/N: Oh yeah.When they were kissing, it was supposed to be like a magical momment. Ya know when the beaitful music starts playing and everything is blurred except the two people.Go back amd read it with all that in mind -D)
Chapter Seven by BlackDiamonds98421
a/n: Over eighteen?Live in United States? Human? VOTE! You insult all that have died for the right especially if you're a women. And if you're black and a woman and you don't vote, you are an insult to the black race...period.
~Seven

~Tap on my window
Knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful~

Somehow Kevin had hitched a ride through one of his best friends.Pulling up into the driveway of her small house, he jumped from the car before the vehicle litterally came to a complete halt.

"Mary!" he yelled.Slamming his fist on her door, he knew what she had done.She had told him one day she would do it.After all Vegas was where all the singers that day made it big and it was quite close to Hollywood California compared to Lexington Kentucky.

Opening the unlocked door he ran through the house screaming her name.He was in a miserable state near tears when he discovered the white lined paper in the kitchen attatched to the round wooden table that sat nicely in the middle of the decorated tile floor.

Picking up the note in his trembling hand, he read the note that was originally meant for Jerald.His world crumbled when he read the PS: entitled to him.She loved them but they could never be.His heart fell before his feet as his knees buckled.He screamed slamming his fist against the tiled floor.

He destroyed everything in his path.It took an hour for him to settle down with the help of his friend.They talked and he cried so much, Jerad went unnoticed in the kitchen. Storming out he didn't care who was emotionally fit for a beat down,Kevin, his baby brother made her leave.

Kevin and Jerald fought but they were quickly seperated.The family forever was torn apart though.The damage had been done.

Through all their hates and differences, they had one thing in common,both their hearts were marred by this one girl.This on girl named Mary Jane Lisa Anderson.
Epilogue by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Now I'm watching wrestling (WF) hehe...

A/N2: Eventhough I'm happy partially (I'm never happy fully) I'm sad to announce that the last "chapter" will be posted tonight. But don't mourn.I already have a new song in mind for a sequel.I'm rewriting the chapters so that their longer in a revised edition I might post and I can now finish Tattooed and start the new story I've been wanting to start.

~Epilogue
~I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with a broken smile
And ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved and she will be loved
And she will be loved and she will be loved...
Tried so hard to say goodbye...~

Years later Mary Jane came as a joke to the Richardson's family.They joked she had comitted suicide because her career of pursuing music had never left the ground.Jerald had married a beautiful women and had two young kids so far that were abnormally intelligent for their age group.

Timothy was investing his hard earned money as a buiness man into small buinesses and real estate.His years of bosing people around had finally come.

Jerald Sr. had fought hard against his diagnosis in colon cancer and in the end...he won. (-D) In the end Ann and Jerald still lived in their small home and hired for construction for a horse ranch to be built.Every evening though, they continued their tradition of dancing to thier wedding song since the doctor had confirmed the the cancer was indeed gone.

Kevin was wedded to a beautiful young women of the name Kristen Willits.Short blonde hair and blue eyes of the ocean with medium stature.He secretly was having a love affair with his mind.

Although the family had moved on, Kevin's heart still had past scars that still ran deep through the open rivers of his soul.

He had become one of the professional musicians in a successful group entitled the Backstreet Boys.His fans had not known of his secret pain that he had since the "death" of his beloved Mary Jane. He said she died because it was like she had died. He never saw her again up until this point and his grief was still as vulnerable from those fateful fifteen years ago.

Kevin Richardson still loved Mary Jane and the picture of her shining eyes and golden blonde hair under his pillow made him love her alittle more everyday.

~The End
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3173