Secrets by BlackDiamonds98421
Summary: *Sequel to She Will Be Loved* Kristen Richardson discovers the picture of Mary Jane Anderson that lies under her husband Kevin's pillow after five years of marriage.*Second in the Songfic Diaries series*
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin, Other
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 1732 Read: 5103 Published: 10/04/04 Updated: 11/02/04

1. Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421

2. Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421

3. Chapter Two by BlackDiamonds98421

4. Chapter Four by BlackDiamonds98421

Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: It would be a good idea if you read the She Will Be Loved first but you don't have to.This is a continuation from She Will Be Loved.Credit goes to Alicia Keys. Song lyrics start next chapter. This is kinda of like the prologue.

~Prologue

She had been cleaning when she first saw the black and white photo.The short blonde hair and the eyes.Mysterious yet so beautiful. The design on her beatiful sweater was like a cryptic puzzle.

Kristen Richardson starred at the beautiful young woman.Her thought were all over the place as she dropped the dust wan.Cleaning was pushed through her mind to the back.She knew that Kevin would be working and wouldn't get home til late.So she had time to relaxe or in other words to plan to kill her husband.

Who was this blonde haired woman with the mysterious eyes?She didn't know when the photo was taken or who this was.For all she knew Kevin had no female friends that weren't married or not planning on marrying anytime at all.She knew for a fact that Kevin had blonde cousins but she also knew she had met them all some time or another at a family reunion.

Kristen tried not to jump to conclusions but with an undeniable beauty that this wman possesed, the possibility of him cheating on her was good.

Snatching up the wan, she decided to busy herself with cleaning.

~*~

The feeling hit him.He walked into the door and Kris didn't greet him like the norm.She instead ignored him impassively as she continued to busy herself with cleaning the furniture that was already sparkling in the living room light.

"Hello Kris." Kevin said standing in the doorway.Something was obviously bothering her.She didn't respond.She just walked silently and discarded the of the dustwan.

She started to walk quietly up the stairs, tears beginning to glisten in her eyes.She didn't know why she was about to cry.Maybe it was the possibility of Kevin cheating on her.Maybe tonight would he would finally tell her his love for her was non exsistent and she would need to take her things and get out.This was probably the most feared response.She considered quickly upon entrance if she should even tell Kevin about discovery of the picture or just leave it alone.She didn't care if he cheated on her when she didn't know because that was the point.She didn't know.

"Kristen what's wrong?" he asked coming into their room.He went to hug her but she shook her head silently and slammed the picture in his firm chest.Closing her eyes she pushed the dark anticipation away.

"What's that?" she asked folding her arms across her chest.She looked out the window solemly," Who's that?"







-Blackdiamonds98421
Chapter One by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Credits go to Alicia Keys' song "Diary".

~One
~Lay down your head on my pillow
Here you can be yourself
No one has to know what you are feeling
No one but me and you~

"Sit down baby." Kevin said softly.The picture fluttered from his hands to the carpeted floor.Kristen shook her head silently but with a firm stance.

Sighing Kevin sat down by himslef on the bed.His arms rested on his legs and his hands hung off his knees.His eyes were sad and downcast.

"Name." Kristen said simply.Kevin could swear she was about to cry.That was new.His wife never cried.She was strong willed and stubborn.He knew if he even pinched her anywhere he'd be walking all over Los Angelos to pick up his body parts.

"Mary Jane Lisa Anderson." he replied looking up a her slowly.Kris leaned against the far corner and wall with her arms around herself.Looking up sharply she seemed as if she were glaring at him.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"No."

"Then who the hell is that because by God I will kick your ass to the curb if I see this chick up here once." Kris snapped.

"Kris for heaven sakes it's just a photograph."

"Does it look like I care Kevin?You know you'd be all over me if I had some pretty eyed-boy under my pillow.Now wouldn't you?!"

"It's not how it seems."

"Then talk." she growled running a hand through her short straight hair.Her face was flushed as she slid down the wall with a small sigh.

"Mary Jane was the girl Jerald dated back in highschool.She was one of the most popular girls in the school.She was a cheerleader and she looked like a Barbie."

"Barbie?" Kristen laughed harshly shaking her head.

"She was in drugs and alcohol.She wanted to ba a rockstar so she left Kentucky and went to Vegas."

"Didn't you try and stop her?" Kris asked pulling her knees up to her chest.

"We kissed in the parking lot of school and then she drove away from school heading straight to Vegas I guess.Never saw her again."

"Did you love her?" she asked innocently.

"Kris," he growled sighing,"Why ask that?" She was up faster than he could blink.

"I just found a picture of a girl under my husband's pillow!How the hell am I supposed to act!"

"Fine." he said running his hand through his long dark hair.

"You gonna tell Jerald?"

"No."

"Mom?"

"No."

"Dad?"

"No Kevin." Kris said firmly.Sitting on the bed next to him, she sighed in frustration.

"Then it'll be our little secret right?"

"Right."

"I loved her." he said softly starring at the floor.

"And you never stopped." Kristen said walking quickly from the room.Dropping his head in his hands Kevin growled in frustration.
Chapter Two by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: Homework.

~Two
~I won't tell yoru secrets
Your secrets are safe with me
I will keep your secrets
Just think of me as the pages in your diary~


Kristen shifted uncomfortably in the airplane chair.Nine eleven made her figedy than she actually admitted.But right now, she wasn't concerned if terroist messed with the plane becaus ewith all the anger she had within, if she said someone was gonna die, they were gonna die.

Kevin placed a gentle hand on Kristen's thigh.Knocking it off she looked straight ahead as he starred coldly at her. Looking at him slowly he sighed and looked away.

The sound of her cell phone made her groan.She didn't want to talk anymore.

"What?" she answered not bothering to look at the screen that displayed the caller identity.

"Kristen?" Ann Richardson questioned.She sounded concerned from the harsh forewords.

"Oh hi Ann." Kristen said smiling fakely.She felt Kevin's eyes look at her.

"Kristen you cant fool me?" Ann said firmly.

"Huh?"

"What's going on?"

My husband, your son is in love with a stupid drug attic, alchholic whore who probably can't add one plus two.That's what's going on.

"Nothing."

"Kris, now you know I love you like a daughter that I never had."

Smiling she couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes ma'am." she replied.

"No that's much better.You and Kevin going to make it to the reunion?"

"Ahead of schedule probably.We have an hour till landing." she knew Ann was nodding through the phone.

"Okay." Ann replied," Call me when youu guys get situated at your hotel."

"Yes ma'am." Kristen answered.Both said their goodbyes and then Kristen looked at Kevin who was starring straight at her.

What?" Kris asked with an annoyed tone evident in her voice.

"Did you tell her?" Kevin asked calmly.

"Sure you idiot," Kristen snapped like a tiger," I reached through the phone in a blink of a second and handed her a post-it-note."

"I don't like answering stupid questions Kevin," she hissed.

"You're blowing this out of proportion."

"Oh for the love of almightly God.Proportions?Don't even get em started."
Chapter Four by BlackDiamonds98421
A/N: VOTE OR DIE!!!!

~Four

~I won't tell your secrets
Your secrets are safe with me
I won't tell your secrets
Just think of me as the pages in your diary~

He could never seem to concentrate. He'd trip clumsily over his feet and he'd skip or totally blank out of the lyrics of the song.Instead he's see in his head the words branded over and over again of what he had said to Kris. Of course the guys Hoie, Brian AJ and Nick wanted to know if Entertainment Tonight was actually right. With a small casual shrug,he denied it.To protect himslef that was.To protect his "wife". Man she had him pissed off so bad.And after that thought, he stepped clumsily on his female dance partner's fot.

"Ow!" she screeched hopping away quickly from him. She nearly fell but was caught by AJ. Grinning at her she slapped him playfully with a small sigh while massaging the injured foot.

Several eyes turned to him and he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey Fefe." Nick called to the dance director.She finshed his thoughts.

"Time for a break guys. Fifteen minutes everyone!Fifteen minutes." she said and glanced at AJ.

"I got 'im." AJ mouthed and Fefe nodded with the rest of the guys. When the door shut behind the last person AJ turned to Kevin with a pitied look sketched across his face.

~

The body guards followed Kris's orders and they all took a small vacation in a beautiful pent house by the ocean. Kris wanted to be at the ocean.She felt helpless.Hopeless.Unloved.

Kevin didn't believe her. She knew if their shoes were switched, she'd not believe him either,But oh how she wanted his hands on her body. Hugging herself, she buried her face in her knees and sighed heavily.

She didn't realize she was starting to dose off until the shrill ring of her telephone cut sharply through her blurred mind.

"Hello." Kris answered softly.

"Kris...it's me."

"K-Kevin. I thought that-"

"Don't worry 'bout that baby."
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3285