Pregnant Dreams by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: Have you ever dreamt something, and wondered what it would be like if it were actually able to come true? No matter how utterly absurd the dream may be?



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Child Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 9310 Read: 24119 Published: 11/06/04 Updated: 11/09/04

1. Shocking News by LenniluvsBrian

2. The Punishment by LenniluvsBrian

3. It's Possible? by LenniluvsBrian

4. Market Place... by LenniluvsBrian

5. Where's Sammy? by LenniluvsBrian

6. Whose Bear? by LenniluvsBrian

7. Change My Life... by LenniluvsBrian

8. Secrets... by LenniluvsBrian

9. Shopping & Nervousness... by LenniluvsBrian

10. Introductions..... by LenniluvsBrian

11. Arrangements..... by LenniluvsBrian

12. Surprise during labour..... by LenniluvsBrian

13. Happy Family..... by LenniluvsBrian

Shocking News by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, obviously, I decided to finally post another story up. This is actually the most recent one I've started - just started it last week, & amazingly, I just finished it tonight. Wow. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn, her parents, Dr. Emerson, & the story idea. Thank-you. Enjoy!
“I’m what!?!” Thirteen-year-old Nickolina cried. “How is that possible!?!?”

“I’m just as baffled as you are, Miss Boutlier,” Doctor Emerson said, giving a slight shrug. “You’re pregnant, yet – somehow – still virgin.”

“Whom the hell did you sleep with?” Mrs. Boutlier demanded of her daughter. “There is no way you got pregnant without spreading your legs for someone!”

“But Mama! I swear!” Nickolina exclaimed. “I ain’t slept with no one!”

“You lie!” Mrs. Boutlier spat angrily. She was so angry, she very well could’ve had smoke coming out her ears right then. “You slept with someone and I demand you tell me who, so that I can go castrate the bastard!”

“Now, Mrs. Boutlier, there is no need for that kind of talk,” Dr. Emerson piped up. “If the child says she didn’t sleep with someone, then she didn’t sleep with someone.”

“You’re just saying that because it was you she slept with!” Mrs. Boutlier snapped.

“I will not have you state such lies and false accusations in my office!” Dr. Emerson retorted. “Now, I’d advise you to get out of my office, and find yourself another doctor!”

“Why I never!” Mrs. Boutlier declared. “Get dressed Nickolina! We shall discuss this further at home!”

“Mama - ”

“Now!” Mrs. Boutlier yelled.

“Yes, Ma’am,” Nickolina said softly, getting off the doctor’s table to get her jeans and panties back on.

Once Nickolina was fully dressed again, Mrs. Boutlier grabbed hold of her daughter’s arm and yanked her forward, thus dragging her out of the Doctor’s office. They moved rather quickly, and Nickolina was practically thrown into the backseat of the car. She didn’t dare yelp though, as she knew that would just end up making things even worse than they already were.

Upon arriving home, Mrs. Boutlier yanked Nickolina out of the car, and slapped her hard across the face.

“You little wench! Get yourself inside this instant!” Mrs. Boutlier ordered. “Just you wait until your father comes home!”

“But Mama!” Nickolina tried only to be slapped once more.

“Inside!”

Nickolina very quickly ran inside and up into her room. Once there, she threw herself upon her bed and cried. She couldn’t believe that her own mother didn’t believe a word she said – now that things had seemingly changed.

After a while, Nickolina heard her father come home, and shortly afterwards, she could her angry shouting coming from downstairs.

“SHE’S WHAT!?!?!” Mr. Boutlier roared, clearly upset. “HOW DARE SHE!”

Nickolina went and hid in her closet, when she heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. She knew she was in deep trouble now – and yet – she knew – this wasn’t her fault. Though she couldn’t explain just how it had happened, all she knew was that she had not slept with a single soul – other than her beloved Teddy Bear – but you can’t get pregnant from that.

The bedroom door flew open then and slammed up against the wall behind it. “NICKOLINA PASQUOLINA BOUTLIER!”

Mr. Boutlier stormed into his only child’s room, and threw the closet door open, knowing that was where she would hide. He angrily yanked her out, then threw her down upon her bed.

“JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!?!?!” He demanded. “HOW DARE YOU SPREAD YOUR LEGS FOR SOMEONE, KNOWING IT CAN VERY WELL RUIN OUR GOOD FAMILY NAME!”

“But Papa!”

“DON’T BUT PAPA ME YOUNG LADY!” Mr. Boutlier hollered. “NOW, GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE BASTARD THAT IMPREGNANTED YOU! NOW!”

“I don’t know!” Nickolina sobbed. “I never slept with anyone! Papa! I swear!”

Mr. Boutlier grew enraged then, and stood Nickolina up, taking down her pants and panties.

“I’ll teach you to lie to me!” He seethed.

Once her jeans and panties had been taken down, he threw her over the side of her bed as he began to take his belt off. He held her still and began to lash her bare backside with his belt, after having had folded it in half.

“One for each year!” He growled. “And one for each year that I assume that bastard has lived!”

Nickolina began to scream as her bottom was thrashed thirteen times for her life, and another thirty-three for the supposed man who had impregnated her. She crawled onto her bed and curled up into a tight little ball, sobbing, once her father had finished with her. She’d never seen him so enraged, nor had she ever been thrashed like that before. Spanked, yes, thrashed, no.

“You will be out of my house come morning!” Mr. Boutlier barked. “One word out of you, and I shall thrash you again!”

With that said and done, he briskly left the room, his wife following along behind him – she agreed with her husband and was just as angry, but was too lazy to thrash their daughter herself.

The Punishment by LenniluvsBrian

The next morning, Nickolina woke up to an extremely sore bottom and a growling stomach. She groaned as she saw her mother enter the room swiftly.

“Get up and get dressed,” Mrs. Boutlier ordered, laying old ragged clothes upon the end of the bed. “You shall wear these without panties and you shall come downstairs without the pants on – your father’s orders.”

“But Mama - ”

“You are not to speak to me unless you are asked a question that requires an answer,” Mrs. Boutlier riposted. “Now, get up and get dressed. You do not wish to make your Papa any angrier than he already is.”

Nickolina quietly got up out of the bed, and placed her pajamas neatly on her bed, after having had made it. She then put the ragged shirt on, and silently followed her mother downstairs to the library – where there were no windows, except for very high ones. She rigidly stood at attention, as her mother had told her to do, and awaited her father’s arrival. The ragged pants she’d been granted lay upon his desk, folded ever so neatly.

Mr. Boutlier entered the room, and briskly fetched a straight back chair – which he placed in the center of the room away from everything. He then sat upon it.

“Nickolina, come here,” he commanded.

Nickolina went over to him without making a sound – except the sound of her feet going across the hardwood flooring.

Mr. Boutlier waited until she had reached him, before taking a leather paddle out of his pocket, and speaking again.

“Lie over my lap.”

Nickolina gulped slightly, but did as told nonetheless.

Soon as she was over his lap, Mr. Boutlier brought the leather paddle down extremely hard upon her bottom – right where the bottom and thighs connected.

Nickolina yelped, and began to cry as the paddle met her bare bottom around fifty or so times.

Once he was satisfied, Mr. Boutlier ordered her up and into the ragged pants lying upon his desk. He then told her to get back to where she’d originally been standing.

Nickolina stood stiffly as her father told her the rest of her punishment – she was trying not to cry, but couldn’t help the tears that insisted upon falling.

“Now, once you leave here, you shall never return! Ever!” Mr. Boutlier stated firmly. “Unless you abort this unwanted child and bring me the father, so that I may take care of him myself.”

Nickolina sniffled. “Yes, Sir,” she answered softly.

“Now, you are permitted to take one prized possession with you – long as it is not an item of clothing.”

Nickolina nodded, and ran back up to her room after she’d been dismissed from the library. She knew what she wanted to bring with her and headed straight for it – her Teddy Bear. She refused to go anywhere without her beloved stuffed friend. Once she had him, she went back downstairs to be escorted out of the house and off the property – after she had been permitted an old pair of sandals that weren’t all that comfortable. Other than that, she was provided with nothingno money, no clothing, no shelter.”

After having had been escorted off the property she’d always lived on, she headed back to Dr. Emerson’s office, wanting to seek his advice on how to take care of her unborn baby – and as to just why she’d become pregnant.

It's Possible? by LenniluvsBrian

“Well, are you sure you’ve never had intercourse?” Dr. Emerson checked, just wanting to be absolutely sure.

Never,” Nickolina answered honestly – as she hadn’t ever had intercourse – except in her dreams.

“Never even dreamt it?” Dr. Emerson wanted to know.

Nickolina blushed then. “Well – I have dreamt about it,” she admitted softly. “But only twice! And you can’t get pregnant from a dream – can you?”

“Well – it seems, in your case – yes, you can,” Dr. Emerson told her. “That’s the only logical explanation as to why you’re both pregnant and a virgin.”

“But- But – there’s no way the man I dreamt about will help me take care of the baby!” Nickolina cried.

“And why is that?”

“He’s – He’s famous,” Nickolina replied sheepishly. “I had him plastered all over my walls. He’s my biggest crush ever.”

“Well, I suggest you find him then, and get a DNA test done to see if my theory is correct,” Dr. Emerson verified.

“But why should he believe me? I’m not so sure I believe me anymore.”

“There’s no harm in trying,” Dr. Emerson said, patting her shoulder gently. “Now, why don’t you go get yourself a bite to eat, then be on your way. Just tell me where this man lives, and I will place you on a bus.”

“Florida – I think,” Nickolina answered. “He’s married now and might’ve moved. Actually, they’re all married and have probably moved away from Florida.”

“Whose they?”

“Backstreet Boys,” Nickolina whispered.

“Well, it doesn’t hurt to try Florida first. And if that doesn’t work out, just give me a call, and I’ll somehow get money to you to try the next place you want to search,” Dr. Emerson informed her. He wanted to help this poor girl, and knew he could only do so much. “Now, let’s get you some food and a bus ticket to Florida.”

Nickolina nodded, and took the money he gave her. She gave him a warm, thankful smile as she left, and immediately headed for the bus terminal, knowing they sold food there as well as bus tickets.

Nickolina had a bit of a problem trying to get a bus ticket because of her clothes, but she had them call Dr. Emerson up and he confirmed her story of having to go to Florida because of an emergency. She now sat in her seat, staring out the window of the bus as it drove along the highway, on its way to Orlando, Florida.

“I miss Mama and Papa,” Nickolina thought sadly. Despite what they had done to her in the past two days, she still loved and missed them both dearly. She shifted slightly, as her backside still throbbed from having had been whipped and paddled all in less than twenty-four hours.

She stared out the window, until she fell asleep peacefully. She didn’t wake up again until they had arrived in Florida. As it was the end of the line and she desperately needed to use the facilities.

She followed everyone off the bus quietly, clutching her Teddy Bear to her chest as she trudged along, feeling insecure in such a crowded place all alone. She emerged from the bus terminal, after having had gone to the bathroom, and squinted as the bright Florida sun blinded her a moment. She blinked a few times, and once she was used to the bright sunlight, began to look for a phone booth, so she could find a phonebook. She just hoped the Backstreet Boys had their addresses listed – though she knew they probably wouldn’t.

Upon finding a phone booth, she searched the phonebook, not having any luck whatsoever. She sighed heavily and exited it, knowing she’d best find a place to sleep, as she was exhausted and wouldn’t be able to do very much until she was well rested. She wandered about the strange city for quite some time, until finding a cardboard box that had been abandoned and dragging it into a park. She placed the box under the climbing apparatus, pushing it under a slide so the wind wouldn’t bother her too much. Least, she hoped it wouldn’t. Once her box was in place, she crawled in and got settled for a nice long, very much needed nap.

Market Place... by LenniluvsBrian

It had now been two weeks since Nickolina had found out that she was two months pregnant. She was now starting to show just a teeny bit, and was starting to give up on her search of finding at least one Backstreet Boy – hopefully the one she had dreamt about. She sighed heavily as her stomach growled at her, signaling that it and her unborn child were both hungry.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, running her one hand over her stomach – the other hand held her Teddy Bear. “I’m out of money. And I lost Dr. Emerson’s number. I can’t feed us. I’m sorry.”

She sat down upon a store stoop then, and hugged her Bear tightly. She carried him everywhere, as she was terrified to put him down, as she knew someone would more than likely snatch him up and she’d never see him again.

“I don’t know what to do, Sammy,” she told her stuffed friend. “I’m scared.”

She buried her face into him and cried. “I wanna go home – but I can’t! I just can’t!”

After having had cried for a few more minutes, she got up and made her way to the local street market. She knew they’d be selling food there, and maybe – just maybe – she’d get lucky enough to get something for free. But, of course, in this day and age, no one was going to give a dirty, homeless-looking child something to eat for free. No way possible – all the venders were out to make a buck for their own children, so that they wouldn’t wind up homeless, like the urchins that tended to wander through their market place.

Nickolina kept walking, her feet extremely sore from both the sandals and from being almost three months pregnant. Finally, she grew desperate to feed her baby and did something she thought she’d never in her life do – she stole an apple from one of the venders.

“Hey!” The vender shouted. “Put that back, Street Rat!”

Nickolina panicked and broke out into a run. She was scared, tired, and hungry. Sleeping in the box at the playground wasn’t all that comfortable. She ran and ran until she tripped and fell to her knees, the apple slamming down to the ground still in her hand.

The man who had chased her for the vender, grabbed her arm roughly and dragged her back to the vender she’d stolen from. “Here. I caught the lil’ urchin. You can call the cops now.”

Nickolina began to cry, as the apple was grabbed from her now sore hand. She didn’t want to go to jail, nor a Home – all she wanted to do was feed her baby.

“Excuse me,” a voice spoke then. “But, may I ask why you are holding that child so roughly?”

“The lil’ brat thinks she can steal from us and get away with it!” The vender answered for the man whom was still holding Nickolina’s arm tightly. “We’re holding her until the cops get here.”

“May I ask what she stole?”

“My apple!” The vender snapped.

“All this over an apple?” The new man said if disbelief. “Do you not know how to give someone less fortunate a small handout once in a while?”

“If I give her a handout, then I’ll have to give everyone a handout!” The vender growled.

Nickolina looked up then, and was shocked beyond belief when her eyes landed upon the man whom was now defending her.

The kind man smiled warmly back at her. “How about I buy the apple for her, and you guys let her go,” he suggested. “As a matter of fact, I’ll buy two whole bag of apples, if you let her go.”

“Pay up!” The vender snapped, holding his hand out, awaiting the cash.

The nicer man handed the vender a wad of money. “Here, I’m sure that should suffice.”

The vender handed the man his two bags of apples, as the man holding onto Nickolina let her go.

“Now scat!” The vender ordered. “Next time I shan’t be so generous and will call upon the authorities!”

Nickolina nodded slightly, and shyly took the apple from the man that had come to her rescue.

The kind man led Nickolina to a bench that was further away from the market, and closer to the overly crowded beach. Once they had both taken a seat upon it, the man turned to look at him.

“My name’s Howie, what’s yours?”

“Nickolina,” she answered softly, between hungry bites of her apple.

“May I ask how old you are, Nickolina?”

“Thirteen,” Nickolina replied, reaching for the second apple he handed to her.

“Where are your parents?”

“Somewhere in Georgia.”

“Then – why are you here?” Howie asked. “Did you run away or something?”

“Or something,” Nickolina replicated softly.

Howie was confused by her answer, but decided not to press it for the time being.

“Well, why were you stealing then?” He asked.

“Hungry,” Nickolina answered simply. She was afraid he’d think ill of her, should she admit to him that she was pregnant.

“Well, I know these apples might not last very long, but at least it’s a start,” Howie smiled softly. “If you’d like, I can buy you a hot meal. You look as though you could use one.”

Nickolina shook her head. She didn’t want to be a burden and use his money on her. “I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

“No,” she thought silently, before saying, “Yes. I’m sure.”

Howie nodded then, as he got up. “Alright. But take good care of these apples. I might not be around to help you out next time.”

She watched as he paused a moment, before digging around in his pocket for something. Moments later, he’d pulled out a pen and a small piece of paper, which he wrote upon.

“Here,” he said, handing the slip of paper to her. “Call me if you decide you’d like that hot meal I mentioned.”

Nickolina smiled shyly at him, as he pocketed the piece of paper. “Thanks.”

“Well, I have to get going, or I’ll be late for a meeting. Take care Nickolina.”

She nodded and watched silently as Howie walked away. It was then that she decided to follow him for a bit. She picked up her bags of apples – and Sammy – then followed Howie, being careful that he wouldn’t spot her trailing him.

Howie was unaware as he went to his car and got in to drive off. He was headed for one of the other Boys’ house, as it was where their meeting was to take place that day.

Nickolina snuck onto a bus that did a tour of the city, and sat near the back, so she wouldn’t look so damned suspicious. Every once in a while, people would get out to take pictures of a celebrity’s house, or something that interested them. Once she heard the house she’d been looking for named, she snuck off the bus, amazed no one had caught the stowaway, whom hadn’t paid a single red cent for the guided tour.

She sighed as she walked over and stood next to the tall security gate that was part of the fence surrounding the rather large yard. She stood there in awe, as she stared at the property that now lay before her eyes. Sure, her home – her old home – had been extravagant, but in her opinion it just did not compare to the sight before her now.

She quickly ducked out of sight as she heard voices approaching the gate, not wanting to be seen by anyone just yet.

“Man Frick, I dunno what the hell Kev’s got up his ass this time, but I sure wish he’d get it out,” a voice stated.

“Well Frack, you know how Kev can be,” a second voice answered.

“But does he have to be so anal?” The first voice asked with a slight whine.

The owner of the second voice laughed. “Yeah, well, that’s my cousin for you.”

“Friiick!”

“Fraaack!” The second person replied in the same tone playfully.

There was a short silence, then the sound of laughter. Nickolina peeked out from her hiding spot, just in time to see Brian and Nick start to shove each other playfully. She couldn’t help but smile to herself at the sight of them goofing off without a care in the world. It made her even happier to know that the two of them had remained best of friends, despite their marriages. She giggled softly as she watched them, but froze when she realized that they had spotted her.

“Hey! You!” Nick called out. “What’s so funny?”

Nickolina’s eyes went wide, as she stared at him a moment in fear. She glanced at the house address, memorized it quickly, then took off down the street fast as she could. Sure, she had followed Howie to the house, but she was so not ready to confront the apparent father of her unborn child.

“Gee, way to go Frack. You scared her off.”

“I did not Frick!” There was a small pause. “Hey! Look! She dropped something, Frick!”

“What is it, Frack?”

Where's Sammy? by LenniluvsBrian

“Oh my God! They saw me!” Nickolina thought panicked, as she tried to catch her breath. “How could I be so stupid?!?!”

She leaned against a brick fence as she attempted to calm herself. She never knew how hard it was to run while pregnant. Pregnant, and carrying two bags of apples – and a teddy bear.

“Boy, they sure were funny, weren’t they Sammy?” She asked her stuffed friend. She stood straight a moment, realizing she wasn’t holding her beloved stuffed friend. “Sammy?”

She tried not to freak, as she frantically looked about for the one thing she loved more than anything else in the world.

“Sammy?!?!”

She didn’t care if she was thirteen and supposedly too old to be carrying around a stuffed animal – that bear was her bestest best friend and she would rather die than lose him to anyone or anything.

“I must’ve dropped him when I ran,” she thought aloud softly. “I gotta go get him before someone steals him!”

She very quickly ran back down the sidewalk, stopping in front of the house she’d been looking at a few minutes beforehand. Once she was sure no one was outside to see her, she began to look about for her, now lost, friend.

“Sammy!?!?!” She hissed quietly. “Sammy!?!?!”

She could feel her eyes well up with tears as she realized someone had picked him up in the short time she’d tried to catch her breath. She sadly trudged her way back towards the way she had come – she just hoped she’d be able to find her new ‘home’ again, as this was the furthest she’d been from it since she’d arrived.

Whose Bear? by LenniluvsBrian

“Frack, whose teddy bear did you steal now?”

No one’s, Boner,” Nick answered. “Someone dropped it outside the gate after I said hi.”

“You didn’t say hi, Frack,” Brian grinned. “You said, ‘Hey! You!”

“Let me see that!” A.J. said, grabbing the bear from Nick and giving it a once over. “Man, Susanna would love this thing!”

“Aje, it belongs to someone else,” Brian replied. “She dropped it when she ran off. I don’t think it was meant for any of us to have, or else she would’ve probably just set it down outside the gate.”

“Yeah, well, still. Susanna does want a new teddy bear, so her old one can have a new friend,” A.J. answered, shrugging slightly.

“Hey, where’d you get that bear?” Howie demanded, as him and Kevin entered the living room.

“Why? Did Nick steal it from you, D.?” A.J. teased.

Howie went over to A.J. and took the bear from him, giving it a once over. “I’ve seen this bear before,” he stated, giving an explanation as to why he’d grabbed it from A.J.

“When D.? Where?” A.J. asked, watching his best friend look the toy over. “And, how?”

“At the market place just before I came here. A girl of about twelve or so was holding him, while some man was holding her for stealing an apple from a vender.”

“Why was she stealing an apple?” Nick wanted to know.

“She’s homeless,” Nicky,” Howie answered. “I bought her two bags of apples, and offered her a hot meal. She took the apples, but refused the meal. She seemed shocked to see me.”

“Well, how did she know to find us here?” Kevin queried.

“I gave her my name and number in case she wanted to take me up on that hot meal I’d offered,” Howie replicated. “And as for finding us here, she must’ve followed me somehow. But why, I don’t know. I honestly don’t think she’d take me up on the meal this quick.”

A.J. shrugged. “Well, you never know with homeless kids.”

“Alex!” Howie snapped. “She was nice! Give her a break!”

“Alright. Jeez. No need to bite my head off, D.,” A.J. said, holding his hands up in front of him for defense. “I just meant, she could’ve suddenly changed her mind upon realizing just how hungry she was.”

“I’m going to see if I can find her,” Howie said. “I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Want company?” Brian asked. “I don’t want to scare her,” Howie replied. “Seeing as she already ran from you and Nicky, I think it’d be best if I went alone.”

“Well, at least take security,” Kevin ordered. “You don’t know this girl and it might not be safe.”

“Kevin! She’s a kid!” Howie argued. “I’m going. Alone.”

Nick raised his eyebrows, surprised Howie was actually being stubborn and snapping at people for once. “Good luck.”

Howie looked to Nick then. “Thanks.”

Howie then left the house to go and see if he could find Nickolina and give her back her bear.

Change My Life... by LenniluvsBrian

The next morning, Nickolina went back to the market place, to see if there was any chance of finding Howie again. She hadn’t slept a wink really, since she didn’t have Sammy by her side for the first time in her entire life. But, then again, this was the first time in her entire life she’d ever been truly alone. She kept walking, having had already eaten some of the apples she had, then hidden them carefully in the hiding spot she’d found. She just hoped to God that no one else would find them before she returned.

She hummed softly as she walked along, and soon found the bench her and Howie had sat upon the day before. She sat there, still humming to herself, as she stared out at the beach nearby. She felt sadness come over her as she watched kids her age play frisbee with their families and friends – neither of which she now had. She sighed, then began to sing softly.

That night you changed my life. Back in the moment that you kissed me the first time. That night you changed my life with your love. Changed my life. That night you changed my life. You’re fingers are running down my spine…” She trailed off.

Someone applauded then, causing her to look up. There, she found a couple smiling at her. She sat there amazed as the man handed her a dollar.

“Here,” he said. “Take this.”

Nickolina accepted his dollar and smiled softly at him. “Thanks.”

“You should really sing, if you want to make any money,” the woman advised. “Just sitting here won’t get you anything but cold glares and rude words.”

Nickolina nodded. “I will. Thanks for the idea.”

The couple nodded, then continued on their way to the market.

Nickolina thought a moment, then smiled to herself. They were right – she could use singing to her advantage. She stood up nervously – more nervous than ever since she didn’t have Sammy there with her to cling to – and began to sing the first thing that popped into her head.

Let’s not talk about a possible ending. Let’s not think about it every day. And I know, I’m so, in love, with you. I’m finding it harder and harder to breathe every time for you. My beautiful woman...

Nickolina was surprised to see people stopping to hear her sing. She shrugged to herself ever so slightly, and continued to sing her heart out.

B is for beautiful as the sunshine. E tells me everything is feeling alright. A comes to U and me swinging it down. T is to how, I want you. You got me acting like a fool. Let’s not talk about a possible ending. Let’s not think about it every day. And I know, I’m so, in love, with you. I’m finding it harder and harder to breathe every time for you.

Secrets... by LenniluvsBrian

Howie had decided to go back to the market place, in hopes of finding Nickolina there once more. Imagine his surprise when he heard someone singing Backstreet Boy songs as he approached the bench where he and Nickolina had sat to talk the day before. He gently and politely made his way to the front of the crowd, and was quite surprised to see that the beautiful, angelic voice came from Nickolina herself. He stood there smiling, as he held the bear she had dropped the day before.

“If the guys were here, they’d be shocked,” he thought, smiling more at that “Shocked indeed.”

He stopped thinking and listened to her next song, watching more and more people gather around.

Can’t you see me. Here I am. Standing here where I’ve always been. And when once our love is up, I climb inside your heart and still find … You’re my favourite place to hide.” Nickolina sang, not noticing Howie.

Howie was amazed to see that she was singing songs off their new album, and suddenly realized why she’d been so shocked to see him the day before.

“She’s a fan,” he whispered to himself.

It was the only plausible explanation. How else could she possibly know the words to some of the songs being considered for their new and upcoming album. Not only was this plausible, it was logic.

But here in my heart, I give you the best of my love. Oh, oh, sweet darlin’. You get the best of my love. You get the best of my love,” Nickolina sang, having had now switched songs again.

Howie joined in as he made his way towards her, holding Sammy. “Oh, oh, sweet darlin’. You get the best of my love. You get the best of my love.

Nickolina stopped to stare at him, then spotted the bear he held and grinned. She was so damned happy to see Sammy again, that she didn’t notice the money people were setting in the shoes she had taken off, as her feet were aching once more.

“Sammy!” She squealed, hugging Howie tightly, then taking her beloved stuffed friend from the Backstreet Boy. “You found him!”

Howie smiled, as he took the money out of her shoes and handed it to her. “Here. Best put this away, before someone else swipes it.”

Nickolina stuffed the money into the pockets on her ragged clothing, then sat down upon the bench again to give her poor feet a rest.

Howie sat down next to her. “I take it you’re a fan,” he states with one of his sweet smiles.

Nickolina blushed. “You noticed?”

Howie nodded. “Yeah. But only because we’ve been singing those songs endlessly on our promotional tour.”

“Oh, yeah,” Nickolina said softly. “I forgot about that.”

“So…care to explain why you followed me yesterday?”

Nickolina stared down at her feet sheepishly. “I’m a fan?” She tried. “Decided I wanted the hot meal? Just ‘cause?”

Howie sighed, and lifted her chin up to make her look him in the eyes. “How about the truth, okay? I’m not going to hurt you or anything. You can trust me.”

Nicolina sighed heavily, and looked back down, though he still held her chin. “You’re going to hate me for this, and not believe me at all.”

“Now, why would you think that?”

“Because my Papa don’t believe me and hates me for it,” she whispered ever so softly.

Howie frowned slightly upon hearing that. “C’mon now. Whatever it is can’t be that bad.”

“I’m pregnant,” she told him bluntly, though still not looking at him.

“You’re – what?”

“Pregnant,” she repeated, her brown eyes welling up with tears.

“But – just – what – how?”

“I don’t know,” she whined slightly. “I’ve never done it before in my life! I swear! Doctor even said I haven’t!”

“But then, how?”

“He thinks it’s from a dream I had. That’s the only time I’ve ever done it,” Nickolina answered quietly. “I swear it Howie. I ain’t never slept with no one. That’s just – just – gross!”

Howie had to smile at her answer to that. “Well, may I ask whose it is?”

“A Backstreet Boys’,” she whispered so soft, he had to strain to hear what she’d said.

“What?!?!” He exclaimed slightly. “One of – of ours.”

Nickolina started to cry, as she felt his hand leave her chin and she heard him get up rather quickly. “Howie! Please!” She cried. “It’s true! I swear it on my baby’s life!”

“That’s just not possible!” Howie told her. “I mean – you can’tyou know – from a dream!”

“I know!” Nickolina whined desperately through her tears. “But it’s true!”

“Well, it’s not – mine…is it?” Howie asked worriedly.

“No,” Nickolina answered, shaking her head.

“Phew!” Howie said, sitting back down next to her. “Well, may I ask, which one of us it belongs to?”

Nickolina sniffled and leaned closer to him to whisper the answer in his ear.

“What!?!” Howie yelped slightly. “He’s going to flip! And I mean flip!”

“That’s what I’m afraid of,” Nickolina wailed. “That – and that he won’t believe me!”

Howie sighed then, and pulled the young girl into his arms, to offer her some comfort as she cried. “Shh. It’s going to be alright. I promise,” he guaranteed her. “And if he won’t help you, I will. I promise you that nothing’s going to happen to you or your baby.”

“Thank-you,” Nickolina managed to choke out, as she buried her face into his chest.

Shopping & Nervousness... by LenniluvsBrian

A few weeks later, Howie found Nickolina once more, to take her shopping, then to meet the guys. He had decided that it was time that the young girl came in off the street – especially since she was pregnant with a Backstreet Baby. He smiled as she climbed into his dark purple corvette, and buckled herself in.

“Ready to shop?” He asked her.

Nickolina nodded slightly. She was more nervous about meeting the other Boys, than she was to be seen shopping with Howie while wearing rags for clothes.

Howie smiled warmly at her, and drove off towards the nearest mall. He couldn’t explain why, but he was excited to be taking her shopping for some new, clean clothes.

Nickolina sang along to the radio softly, as they drove along to the mall – somewhere she hadn’t been in about a month. She felt nervous and excited all at the same time – the same way she felt about meeting the other Boys.

Once they’d reached the mall, Howie helped her out of the car and held her hand as they entered the overly crowded building. He was glad he’d had a couple security guards come along with him, though he’d made them promise to keep their distance unless there was a dire emergency.

Nickolina smiled up at Howie, seeing as she was shorter than him, standing at only 5’2”. She felt happy right them – something she hadn’t felt since she’d been kicked out of her own home.

Howie helped her pick out some maternity clothes, and some brand new running shoes, so her feet hopefully wouldn’t ache as bad as they usually did.

“Thanks Howie,” Nickolina said softly, now sporting a new outfit. She was wearing blue jean overalls and a bright green shirt to match her eyes. On her feet, she had on bright green and purple socks along with purple NIKE sneakers that had neon green shoelaces weaved through the holes and tied at the top, to keep them on her feet. She’d just about freaked when she’d found her two favourite colours mixed together like that.

“Not a problem,” Howie answered, starting the car back up. “You look good, Honey.”

Nickolina blushed slightly. “Thanks.”

Howie reached over and gave her hand a squeeze as he drove out of the parking lot. “I mean it. You look very pretty.”

Nickolina gave him a warm smile. She’d managed to splash some water upon her face while in the ladies room, changing into her new outfit. The bath she’d been promised would have to come later on that night, as she really didn’t feel like going near water anymore right then.

Eventually, Howie pulled into a driveway and got out of the car. He came around to her side, and helped her out once more. He kissed her cheek as he led her towards the house.

“Relax. They won’t bite. And if they do, I’ll fend them off for you.”

“I’m scared Howie,” Nickolina admitted. “They’re not going to believe me. I mean, how do I know you even believe me.”

Howie stopped, so he could turn to look down into her piercing green eyes. “Honey, if I didn’t believe you, would I have brought you hear to tell them?”

Nickolina sighed, shaking her head no.

“Exactly. Now, c’mon. Cheer up. You’re meeting the infamous Backstreet Boys.”

Nickolina gave a small giggle at that. “True.”

Howie squeezed her hand gently, and led her inside the house, though it wasn’t his own. Him and the other Boys knew well enough just to walk into one another’s house, provided as the door had been left unlocked for them.

Nickolina took a deep breath, as they entered the living room together, hand-in-hand.

Introductions..... by LenniluvsBrian

“Hey D.! Whose the kid?” A.J. asked. He’d almost automatically spotted the girl, practically hiding behind Howie.

“Guys,” Howie smiled. “This is Nickolina.”

“Nickolina?” Nick said looking and sounding confused. “Why’s that sound familiar?”

“She’s the girl I’ve been helping out,” Howie added, having had noticed the look upon Nick’s face. “Remember?”

“Oh! Right!” Brian exclaimed. “I was wondering why I’d heard such a unique name before.”

Nickolina blushed slightly, even more so when Kevin brushed past her to enter the room.

Kevin turned to look at Howie. “So…this is the girl you’ve been buying apples for?”

“Yes,” Howie smiled. “I brought her hear to meet you all.”

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” A.J. smiled flirtatiously.

“He wouldn’t be so nice, if he knew why I was really here,” Nickolina thought to herself, though she did manage to smile back at him.

“I’m Brian! And this blond next to me is Nick.”

Nickolina giggled. “I know,” she told him softly. “I’m a fan.”

“Oh! Good!” Brian smiled, as Nick snickered at him.

“Ow!” Nick yelped, as he was jabbed in the ribs by Brian. “Frick! What I do now?”

Everyone laughed at the two, then realized that Nickolina was holding a Teddy Bear in her arms.

“Isn’t that…?” Kevin trailed off.

Howie nodded. “Yes. It’s Sammy.”

“Sammy? Wha? Whose Sammy?” Nick asked stupidly. “The Bear, Dumbass!” A.J. laughed, only to be whacked upside the head by Kevin. “Ow!”

“No swearing in front of children!” Kevin ordered sternly.

“Yeesh!” A.J. grumbled, rubbing the back of his head.

“Well, c’mon in. Have a seat,” Brian told them. “Nobody here bites - unless you’ve McDonald’s food on you.”

Nickolina giggled again, as Howie lead her over to the couch. It was then that the room went silent, as the other Boys were able to see her stomach for the first time. At four months pregnant, she was showing more than what she’d been when she’d first come to Florida, in search of her favourite vocal harmony group.

“Wow!” Nick blurted, before he could actually process the information in his blond head. “You’re pregnant!”

Nickolina blushed crimson.

“Way to state the obvious, Nick,” A.J. replicated.

Brian elbowed Nick – hard. “Frack!” He hissed. “Shut it!”

“Now, you can see why I wanted to help her so badly,” Howie said, still smiling as he squeezed Nickolina’s hand.

“May I ask, who the father is?” Brian questioned softly.

“Well, you see guys, that’s just the problem,” Howie began. “She knows who he is, but doesn’t know how to tell him and have him believe her.”

“Why wouldn’t he believe her?” Kevin demanded, sounding almost angry.

“Because, you see, she’s never actually slept with anyone,” Howie informed them. “According to Doctors, she’s still virgin, but is yet somehow pregnant.”

“How the hell can you get pregnant without sleeping around?” A.J. snapped, relieved Kevin let his language go for once.

“They believe it was the cause of a dream she had one night,” Howie explained. “I know, you can’t get pregnant from a dream, but it’s the only logical explanation.”

“Well, who was the dream about?” Brian queried gently, not wanting to scare the poor girl. She already looked a bit frightened by A.J. and Kevin’s reactions.

“Actually,” Howie said slowly. “He’s in the room right now.”

“WHAT!?!?!” Nick exclaimed, jumping up from his spot on the couch. “IT’D DAMN WELL BETTER NOT BE ME!”

Nickolina’s eyes well up with tears, and she shook her head.

“Nick!” Brian said, yanking his best friend back down. “It’s not you, so chill!”

“Well, is it you?” Nick asked harshly.

Brian raised his eyebrows and looked at Nickolina, who shook her head once more. He gave a huge sigh of relief upon seeing her shake her head.

A.J. looked at her over his sunglasses. “Well, it’s either me or Kev.”

Howie took a breath, before speaking for the young girl sitting next to him. “It’s…”

Arrangements..... by LenniluvsBrian

“WHAT!?!” A voice cried, upon hearing the news. The man just could not believe what he’d been told. “There is no way it’s mine! Just no possible way!”

“Well, it’s yours,” Howie told him.

“YOU LIE!” He yelled at the girl, sitting upon his couch. “GET OUT!”

Nickolina began to cry. “I TOLD YOU!” She screamed desperately at Howie as she ran out of the room, and out the front door of the house. She’d dropped Sammy yet again, which now seemed to be habit whenever she ran from something or someone.

Brian shook his head, picking up the bear and followed the girl out of the house. It was only a matter of moments before Nick joined him.

“Here. You dropped this - again,” Nickolina heard a sweet southern voice say softly. She turned to see Brian holding Sammy, and gratefully took her beloved stuffed friend from him.

Brian smiled warmly at her, as he reached over to wipe her tears away with his hands. “Hey, don’t cry now. Whether he believes you or not, the rest of us will help you out. That’s a promise, Kiddo.”

“Yeah,” Nick piped up. “He’s just being a stubborn, hard-headed idiot – like always.”

Nickolina gave them a small smile at Nick’s explanation. She found she could believe what he had just told her.

“See? All will be fine,” Brian stated, ruffling her hair playfully.

Nickolina ducked away from him, as he was messing up her newly cut and washed dark brown hair.

Brian still smiled as he pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back softly.

“Group hug!” Nick cried, throwing his arms about both of them in an affectionate hug.

The three of them laughed, as Howie signaled for them to come back inside, as it was safe to do so now. They returned indoors, sitting on the couch together, like the three stooges or three musketeers.

“Okay, here’s the plan,” the one who’d been told he was the father started. “First, we get a blood test done to have this proven, provided my wife hasn’t killed me first after telling her. Second, should it actually be mine, you’ll come and live with my wife and I – should she agree – and you’ll have the child, but her and I will raise it as our own. Got it?”

Nickolina frowned slightly. “What’s going to happen to me after I have the baby?” She wondered silently. That was what scared her more than anything at the moment.

“Got it?” He repeated, his eyes boring into Nickolina’s.

Nickolina nodded slightly, hiding her face into Brian’s shoulder. She was feeling horrible right then.

“And what about her?” Brian demanded. “What happens to Nickolina after she has the baby – should it be yours?”

“We’ll just have to wait and see what happens, won’t we?”

The other four Boys glared at the one who’d received the shocking news. They couldn’t believe what a complete asshole he was being – though, they themselves, were quite relieved that they hadn’t been told, they were the father of a minor’s baby.

Surprise during labour..... by LenniluvsBrian

Five months later, Nickolina was in the Hospital, about to have a Backstreet Baby. It had been proven the week after she’d told them, that it was indeed the one’s child growing inside of her. Though, it was all being kept hush-hush, and the man and his wife, had had it made to look as though they were looking into adoption, so the paparazzi and fans wouldn’t be too suspicious of a new child in their family.

“It hurts!” Nickolina wailed, as she was wheeled into the operating room. She was going to have to have a C-section done, as otherwise it would’ve hurt like a bitch, seeing as she was still extremely virgin.

“Shh,” Howie and Brian soothed each having one of her hands in their own. “You’ll be just fine.”

Nickolina was still crying as she was wheeled into the room, leaving the two Backstreet Boys behind. She had been surprised nonetheless though, when the one who was to be the father of her baby, asked to be allowed in with her.

One lone Backstreet Boy followed the Doctor, Nurses, and Nickolina’s bed, into the operating room. Once inside, he took hold of the young girl’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

“You’ll be okay, Honey,” he smiled re-assuringly. “I’m right here, Baby.”

Nickolina bit her lip hard, and squeezed his hand tightly, as another contraction hit. She was petrified to say the least. She knew after this, she would more than likely be kicked out to the streets again, being forced to leave her baby behind with its father and new mother.

He stroked her head lovingly, as the Doctor began to go about preparing things for the C-section. “Shh. Daddy’s here, Baby.”

Nickolina looked up at him utterly confused. Daddy? Since when was he her father?

“Yes, Baby, I said Daddy,” he cooed. “You’re gonna be my Baby now as well. If you’d like that, we’d love to have you as part of our family.”

Nickolina smiled up at him through tears. “Yes,” she managed to choke out, just before another contraction took control of her 5’2” frame.

Happy Family..... by LenniluvsBrian

A few months later, Nickolina had successfully adjusted to her new home and family. Sure, she’d been living with them for the past five months, but she’d been too uptight and scared then to truly enjoy it all.

“Nickolina! Food’s ready!”

“Coming Daddy!” Nickolina called back.

She grabbed hold of Baylee’s hand and ran for the picnic table with him at her side. The two had become best friends upon meeting up. Baylee was her age, as Brian and Leighanne had gotten married when Brian was twenty and Leighanne twenty-six, they were now thirty-three and thirty-nine. Sure it had been early, and his career had just started to take off, but they’d clearly stated they wouldn’t go back and change a thing.

Baylee laughed as his best friend, and future girlfriend, dragged him over to the picnic table filled up with delicious looking food. “Slow down, Nicki!”

Nickolina giggled as she heard him use the nickname they’d all given her, stating her name was much to long to be saying all the time. Now, the only one to call her Nickolina was her father, though he too would sometimes resort to calling her ‘Nicki’, should she not be in a very responding mood. She’d also grown to know each tone of his voice, so when he called upon her, she’d know automatically whether or not she was in any trouble.

“Hey! Watch it Squirt!” Her fifteen-year-old brother Christopher exclaimed. “You almost made me drop my hotdog!”

Nickolina giggled. “Not like you can’t get another one.”

“Dad! She’s threatening my food!” Chris cried.

Their father chuckled. “Chris, relax. It’s just food, son.”

Just then, baby Michael whimpered, letting everyone know that he was hungry. He was in his father’s arms, and squirming relentlessly.

“Well, hold on their Mister,” Daddy chuckled. “Let me get your bottle out first.”

Michael settled down, upon having the bottle stuck in his mouth. He sucked away at it happily.

“Wait!” Brian cried. “Picture time! One family at a time!”

Nickolina smiled widely, as she got up to go take her place with her new family – the family she loved dearly, and wished had’ve been hers in the first place. She stood next to Chris, who draped his arm over her affectionately. He may’ve been older and acted tough, but in reality, he loved his younger siblings like crazy.

“Say cheese!” Brian cried playfully.

“CHEESE!”


Kids left to right: Top Row: Joshua & Morgan (twins), Kayla, Keith, & Allison. Kids left to right: Bottom Row: Christopher, Michael, & Nickolina.

A.N.: Well, whatcha think? Like the ending? Plz R&R. Thank-you!

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3387