True Love by BROK3Nsilence
Summary: Nick Carter, a handsome singer, meets Fiona Locke, a beautiful girl with a matching personality. As soon as he meets her, he falls head over heels in love. Likewise, she is enchanted by his charm. But, can Nick help Fiona cope with her past and the troubles that follow?



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 18112 Read: 19775 Published: 02/24/05 Updated: 08/18/05

1. [ Chapter 1 ] by BROK3Nsilence

2. [ Chapter 2 ] by BROK3Nsilence

3. [ Chapter 3 ] by BROK3Nsilence

4. [ Chapter 4 ] by BROK3Nsilence

5. [ Chapter 5 ] by BROK3Nsilence

6. [ Chapter 6 ] by BROK3Nsilence

7. [ Chapter 7 ] by BROK3Nsilence

8. [ Chapter 8 ] by BROK3Nsilence

9. [ Chapter 9 ] by BROK3Nsilence

10. [ Chapter 10 ] by BROK3Nsilence

11. [ Chapter 11 ] by BROK3Nsilence

12. [ Chapter 12 ] by BROK3Nsilence

13. [ Chapter 13 ] by BROK3Nsilence

[ Chapter 1 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 1]
Well, it was an unordinary day. I mean, ordinary would mean touring in the middle of say . . . Europe and dripping sweat on a stage in front of thousands of people. Yea, of course it's fun, but it can get tiring. People can sometimes forget to understand that we are human, too. So, like any other person out there, I need to take a break once in a while. Even Brian, who I think is the most hyper and is the energy of the group, gets tired. So you can probably guess the rest of us feel the same way, too. But, anyway, back to what I was saying. I really enjoy these "unordinary" days - living a normal life, hanging out with the guys and with my family, and just doing things your average joe would do. And, during these days, something happened. And, it was not just any regular thing - but something that changed my life.

It was extremely hot outside - and when I say hot, I mean very, very, very hot. It's like what most people say about Florida, you put and egg outside and it'll be fried. By the looks of it, it seemed to be completely true. It was only the fourth day of January, and Orlando was already steaming. Nevertheless, I had a precious day before me and I decided to do something I hadn't been in touch with for a long time - video games. So, I went to the local GameStop - which I used to visit often. I usually talk to Jeff, the clerk, and by now I have gotten to know him pretty well. He's been a good friend and keeps me up to date on all things happening around here in Orlando when I'm gone. Today was no different. Jeff was standing behind the counter, adjusting the shelf behind him.

"Hey man."

"Hey Nick - hows it going?"

I leaned my back against the counter, staring out the store window. Jeff is probably somewhere in his mid 30's and is not very tall. But, you wouldn't call him short either. He's actually a really cool guy. He's always acted the same way towards me - as a normal guy, even though he knows that I'm one of the Backstreet Boys. Yet, he doesn't let that change his personality towards me. I value that, knowing that he sees me as a good friend, as Nick - not someone often seen on MTV.

"Pretty good - things are going great. I'm happy to be back home for a while - even if it's for a month. That's more than I could ask for."

"Glad to know that. I've seen how busy you've been. A person like you deserves a break. "

"So, anything new around here?"

"Nothing really, the usual. Hey, I almost forgot to tell you - we've got a new champion."

Now, it just so happens that for the past couple of years, I've been the video game champion of the town. While I'm on tour, people try their hardest to beat my score and, luckily, no one had succeeded. I don't mean to brag, but it's true. And, I feel proud to know that I'm good at something other than what I'm doing now. So, when I heard this, beside it being unexpected, it was also something I was hoping wouldn't happen. I spun around so fast, I almost hit him in the face.

"What?!? Hell no, are you kidding me?" He grinned.

"Why would I? I actually know her pretty well. She comes often and she's really good. I knew she had the potential, and then she did it. She beat your score."

For a while, I just stood there - amazed yet sad at the same time. But hey - that didn't dampen my spirits. Nick Carter doesn't accept defeat without a challenge.

"Is she here?"

"Nope, but I think she'll be coming tomorrow. Stop by around 1:00 and I'll introduce you to her."

"Kay, Jeff. And can you do me a favor? Make sure that no one uses that game machine over there. Reserve it for the two of us. I wanna make sure I get my title back."

Jeff grinned again. "Sure Nick."

"Thanks - I'll see you later."

"No prob - Say hi to your partners in crime for me."
I laughed at his little comment and then headed out. My jet-black Escalade was parked in the back. The blazing sun was setting over the red-orange horizon and I was hungry as hell. I decided to take the shortest route home.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"And you guys pigged out without me?"

Kevin, Brian, Howie, and AJ were sitting on the coach watching 'Top Gun' (It was Kevin's turn to choose the movie). AJ shot a smirk at me.

"Hey, you come late - you miss the pizza."

"Pizza?! Guys, come on!"

"Don't torture him that much, AJE. It's in the kitchen Nick."

"Thanks, Kev." I was in the kitchen in a second and the pizza was done in the next. I gulped down some Coke to go with it.

"Don't kill yourself Frack." It was AJ.

"Don't worry, I won't." His casual expression then changed to one that was more serious. I sensed a hint of worry in his voice.

"Hey, can I talk to you 'bout something?"
It was what I feared. He wanted to ask me about my breakup with Jessica, my ex-girlfriend.

"Don't worry I'm ok about it. I just was hurt that she was using me because of my money, and then going out with a guy behind my back. I mean, I had understood things weren't going good for us - she didn't like me, and I wasn't into her - and us breaking up was bound to happen, but I didn't expect it to happen the way it did." AJ smiled at me and patted my back.

"It's ok. I guess people can be so low sometimes." Then, we just forgot about it and AJ's cheery mood returned.

"Anyway, I'm gonna get back to the flick. Gonna come?"

"Yeah sure."

Actually, talking to AJ made me feel somewhat better. I was sort of depressed because of what happened. But, now, I felt I could care less.
[ Chapter 2 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 2]

I woke up at around 11:30 a.m. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I remembered what I told Jeff yesterday. Somehow, I got myself up and took a shower. I noticed my hair in the mirror. It was spiked. A few days ago, Howie complained about it. But, I liked this way. I went to the kitchen and made myself some waffles. Time seemed to go by fast because it was already 12:30. But the since the drive to the store was only about 5 minutes, I got there early. She wasn't there yet, so me and Jeff talked about what lay ahead.

"She's pretty damn good. You better watch out."
Jeff's warnings made me laugh.

"Lucky, maybe. But not better than I am." He seemed to be amused by my confidence, but didn't say anything. Actually, I wasn't as confident as you'd think. A few minutes later, I heard the store doors open.

Jeff whispered to me. "That's her."

I turned around and felt myself go numb. A beautiful girl stood there, and, damn, she was gorgeous. She had long, dark brown hair that extended to her hips and big, glimmering brown eyes. Her lips were heart-shaped and she had a light complexion that seemed as smooth as a baby's. She was wearing a pullover and jeans.

"Hey Jeff!" Wow, I thought, she has a lovely voice, too.

"Hey Fiona - oh, I'd like you to meet Nick. He was the previous champ I was talking about."

I shot Jeff a 'im-warning-you' look and he grinned evilly. Fiona looked at me and smiled. It was to die for.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine." I tried to act casual, hoping she wouldn't see the awe she left me in.

"Well, Nicky here was planning a little game, you know, a one-on-one with you - to see if you're actually as good as everyone says." Jeff really wanted to annoy me today.

"Sure, I'd love to. Which one?"

"You can try that one over there." He winked at me sarcastically. I sighed - how was I supposed to know that she, a girl beautiful beyond words, was the person I was to go against?

"Great, it's on!"

We made our way over to the machine and I inserted the coins to get it started. I silently prayed that it wouldn't.

"You know, it's an honor to be able to go against the long-time champ and Backstreet boy."

I felt myself slightly blush. So she did know I was a Backstreet boy! But she was so casual about it . . . I loved this woman already.

"I've heard good things about you myself."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought things couldn't get any worse - she kicked my ass. Even though I did well, I was still stunned by her moves.

"How can you be that good?" She smiled at me. I thought I was melting.

"I really don't know. It's just something I enjoy doing."

Jeff was cleaning the shelves when Fiona exclaimed her win.

"Congratulations!" He shot me a smirk. I ignored him and tried to start conversation.

"So . . do you live around here?"

"Yea, I do. Just a couple of blocks from here, actually." Then, Jeff took over and asked her about how things were going - the usual stuff. I just stood there and stared at her. After a while, Fiona decided she should go home.

"I'll see you later Jeff. It was nice meeting you, Nick." She waved to us and walked out of the store. As I watched her walk out, I was in a dreamy state. When I finally realized that she had left - my mind became filled with ideas.

Wait - I thought - I have to say something. She's so gorgeous! I can't let this slip out of my hands. So, I ran after her.

"Fiona! Wait!" She turned around and saw me.

"Nick, what happened?"

"Oh, hey . . . Um... Well... I was wondering if you'd like to . . . go out with me tonight?" Her lovely smile spread across her face.

"I'd love to, but . . I have a baby brother to take care of."

"Oh . . " Dammit. I had to think of something quick.

"Well, maybe I could come visit you . . . if it's ok."

"Sure, that would be great."

"Really?" She giggled and a rush of happiness spread over me.

"Of course." She gave me her address and number and waved goodbye. I stood there for a while, trying to think about what had just happened. I couldn't believe it! It was like a date - sort of. But, I didn't care - as long as I could see her. I drove home as fast as I could to get ready for the night.
[ Chapter 3 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 3]

I reached Fiona's place at 8:00. She lived in an apartment in a building not very far from the beach. The building itself was neat and clean. I had bought her flowers - and was praying that she would like them. Holding the bouquet in hand, I rang her doorbell. A few seconds later, she opened the door. She was looking even more beautiful than before. She was dressed casually but there was something about her face that left me in awe. She smiled her lovely smile and I guess she noticed me gaping because she giggled.

"Would you like to come in Nick?" I suddenly came to realization and entered her apartment. It was charming and made you feel cozy and right at home. I handed her the bouquet.

"Wow . . . Nick, this is beautiful. You didn't have to. It's so pretty."

"Not as much as you are." She blushed and put the flowers in a vase.

"I would like to introduce you to someone." She led me to the living room and right in the middle, surrounded by colorful blocks, was a little kid.

"This is Daniel - my little brother." And he surely was. He had the same huge, beautiful brown eyes and the same dark brown hair. He stood up and ran over to me and hugged my leg.

"Hey Mick!" Fiona and I laughed and I picked the little guy up.

"Hey Daniel! And remember it's Nick, not Mick." I don't think he heard what I said because he was too busy trying to touch my hair. I put him down next to his blocks and he immediately began to play with them.

"He's an interesting little guy." Fiona laughed.

"I guess he is. Anyway, would you like something to eat or drink?" I shook my head.

"Hey, are your parents here?" As soon as I saw her expression, I knew I shouldn't have said that. Her smile faded and she looked down at Daniel, trying to avoid my eyes.

"Our parents died in a car accident a year ago, so it's just Daniel and me." I was feeling so awful that I wanted to choke myself for what I said.

"I'm so sorry. I really shouldn't have brought that up."

"Its ok." She smiled weakly at me and I could tell she was trying to hide her feelings.

"You should sit down. Make yourself comfortable." I sat down on the sofa next to her. I could sense that she was still feeling sad.

"Are you ok?"

"Yea, I'm fine." Then, I took her hand in mines and she looked up at me.

"You know you could talk to me. I'm here for you," I told her. Fiona then told me about the death of her parents and how she and Daniel were left alone. After moving to Orlando and taking a job, she earned enough money to buy this apartment and was raising Daniel on her own. By the time she finished telling me everything, her eyes were welling up with tears. I felt the urge to comfort her, and I did. I wrapped her in my arms, and she cried. I could feel her holding onto me, and as she cried, I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces. I didn't want her to be so sad - to suffer like this.

After a while, she lifted her head off my shoulder and I let go (Even though I didn't want to, I wanted her to stay in my arms forever).

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you go through this. But, I really appreciated that you talked and listened to me."

My heart skipped a beat. "It's really all right. I'm glad I helped you."

She smiled and stood up. "Well, how about some icecream? I have chocolate chip and cookie dough, if you like."

My favorite. "Oh, please - yes." First she put Daniel to bed since he had fallen asleep. She came back with two bowls of ice cream. While we ate - I had become curious.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Like what?"

"Well you know, the basics." She giggled.

"The basics? Umm, ok. My birthday is January 7 - I was born in New York City - My favorite colors are black and blue - and I love basketball, swimming, drawing, and playing video games."

"Wow - you're a fascinating chick." She giggled again. I told her that I was also born in New York (Jamestown).

"And I also love basketball, swimming, and as you already know - video games."

"Wow, we like alot of the same things."

"I know. Hey, since you like swimming, would like to head down to the beach with me sometime?"

"Yes, I'd love to."

"How about . . . tomorrow?"

"Sure, but Daniel . ."

"Don't worry - I have something planned." She eyed me suspiciously.

"Well, if you say so, then of course I'll come with you."

"YES!" Fiona laughed and I realized I had said that out loud. I felt myself blushing. Then I noticed that it was 10:30.

"I think I should go now." When I said this, Fiona looked at the clock. Both of us hadn't noticed the time and how fast it went. We walked outside together. She thanked me for the flowers.

"I really had a great time, Nick."

"Same here, I can't wait to see you tomorrow." I guessed she saw my Cadillac because she seemed to be in awe.

"Wow - some car you have." When she said this, a huge grin spread across my face.

"I'll love to take you for a ride tomorrow." According to her lovely smile - she was more than happy too. And then, because I had such an urge to do so, I kissed her softly on her lips. She seemed startled at first and I wondered if I had done the wrong thing. But, she smiled and walked back into the building. As I watched her go, I thought that I was dreaming. Nothing that had happened could have possibly been real. But, it was.
[ Chapter 4 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 4]

Last night, after I came home from Fiona's, all the guys had found out about where and to who I had gone. So, immediately, they asked me about it.

"Hey Frack! Who's the girl?"

"How does she look like?"

"Is she hot?"

Leave it to the guys to give me a major headache. "Whoa, Whoa - guys calm down. I'll tell you but one at a time."

AJ was first, and he planned to do all the talking. "So - description please." I described her, everything about her that captured my heart. Her eyes, her hair, her smile - she was beyond belief beautiful.

Kevin smiled. "Nick, you're definitely in love." Brian and Howie both agreed in unison. But, AJ still needed more information.

"But what happened - you know - at her house?"
When I thought about it, It felt as if I was falling back into a wonderful dream. I told the guys about her loving the flowers I had gotten for her and about Daniel. Then, I told them about her tragedy.

"She seemed so sad. You know, I really want to help her. I want her to get away from all that."

Then I told them about how she said she enjoyed the night and the little kiss I gave her.

"You kissed her? Smooth moves Nick." Howie gave me a Hi-5.

"Yea, and there's something else...Well, uh, I invited her for a swim with me tomorrow but she needs someone to take care of Daniel, so I was wondering . . ."

"Sure man, we all will babysit the little man for you." All the guys agreed.

"Thanks alot. I owe you guys one."

"So will you introduce us to this lovely lady?"

"Of course - first thing tomorrow."

After the guys' little interview, I went to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about Fiona, about the night, about the kiss. I knew one thing - I had fallen for Fiona. I was madly in love with her.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was surprising that I was able to wake up at 10:00 a.m. But, I guess my excitement had the best of me. I woke up, took a shower, dressed, and drove off to Fiona's. When I got there, I parked my car and ran up to her apartment. By the time I had reached her door, I was exhausted and I took a breather. I rang her doorbell, and when the door opened she stunned me. Not only was she looking gorgeous, but she was wearing a bikini (From her waist down, she was covered with a silk beach cloth). I thought her looks were enough to handle, but she had a sexy curvy body to go with it. I probably was staring too much because Fiona blushed.

"Oh - I'm sorry. It's just that you look ... so beautiful." She smiled.

"I'll go get Daniel."

"Need any help?"

"Well, there is a bag in the livingroom."

"At your service." I went to the livingroom and saw a bag that contained all of Daniel's things. I took it out to the car. Then I went back inside and Fiona was locking the door. "Are you guys all set?"

"Yup, I think we are." She was holding a rather perky Daniel who was wearing an Elmo t-shirt and shorts.

"You mind if I carry him?" I was beginning to get attached to him and plus, he was looking really adorable.

"Sure, he's yours." We all walked out to the car. Fiona sat in the seat next to mine and Daniel sat on my lap.

"Hey, do you mind if I take you guys to my house first? I have some guys who are dying to meet you." Fiona laughed and nodded. She had an idea who those guys were. Speaking of which, I wanted to ask her something.

"Hey Fiona, I was wondering . . . well, if you know that I'm a big celebrity and all that, how come you're so cool about it?"

"Well, I don't know . . . I just figured that besides all the talent and fame, you're probably like everyone else and that doesn't give me reason to treat you differently." I smiled at her.

"I wish others could understand that." We reached my house and I parked the car. Daniel was so amazed by the yard that he wriggled out of my hands. We decided to let him play there while I took Fiona inside.

"Guys!" They were all in the living room, as usual, watching tv.

"Hey Nic-" They all gaped at the lovely figure standing beside me.

"This is Fiona." They all were still staring until AJ jumped up.

"Hey beautiful - I'm AJ, but you can call me whatever you want." He took her hand and kissed it. In instant, there was a whole line behind him.

"I'm Howie and very pleased to meet you, my lovely lady." They all kissed her hand and complimented her and by the time they were done, Fiona's cheeks were red and she had a wide smile on her face. A minute later Daniel waddled in.

"And this, guys, is Daniel."

"Awwww" they all said together. Kevin picked him up.

"Don't worry, Fiona, we'll take care of him. And, I think he'll fit right in." We all laughed. I decided Fiona and I should leave. She said goodbye to them all. And, I made sure they knew how long we'd be gone.

"We'll be back whenever." Brian smiled. "Don't worry Nick, we know."
[ Chapter 5 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 5]

We reached the beach at about 1:30. The sun was high and the beach was empty, well except for one guy. I didn't really notice him at first as I walked towards the shore with Fiona. But he was eyeing her for so long that I decided to take her to my favorite part of the beach.

"Where are we going?" I couldn't help but grin.

"You'll see." When we were near a wall of rock, I motioned to an opening that led to the other side. We both squeezed through and soon Fiona realized what I was talking about. It was a beautiful yet isolated area of the beach, just what I wanted.

"Wow, this place is beautiful." I smiled at her. " I knew you'd like it."

At first, we quietly walked down the shore, side by side. As the sun's heat became more intense, we picked a spot in the shade so we could sit down till the sun was lower.

"You know, its interesting how just yesterday we met, and today it's as if we've known each other forever." I smiled at what she said. I guess we were meant to be, I thought.

"Well, you're not like anyone else I've ever met. You're so sweet and beautiful - and even though you know I'm a singer, it doesn't seem to bother you at all. That's probably why I feel so comfortable talking to you - and being around you."

She looked at me and smiled. I sensed she wanted to say something, but couldn't let it out. She began to stare at the crystal clear waters that were illuminated by the sunlight. No matter how beautiful they were, my eyes kept staring at Fiona. Her hair had been tied into a bun and the strands of hair on her face were blowing in the wind. I began to feel sleepy and I wanted to get closer to her, so I lay my head on her lap. She seemed startled.

"Is it ok?" I tried to make my eyes plead to her. She nodded and I soon fell into a happy and dreamy sleep.

(Fiona's POV)
As he lay in my lap, I was fascinated by his handsome, peaceful face. His blonde hair was spiked and I couldn't help but notice that it made him look good. Though they were closed right now, his beautiful blue eyes were absolutely enchanting and looking at them made me wish that I could escape and get lost in them forever. While I thought this, I realized - Do I love him? But, I met him just yesterday . . . Maybe it's love at first sight. No, it can't be. But, he's so handsome and kind and I love talking to him . . . No. I can't, and if I do - will he love me back?

(Nick's POV)
I don't know how long I slept, but it was wonderful. When I woke up, I saw her above me. She was fidgeting with my hair.

"Like it?" I had surprised her - I guess she didn't notice I had woken up. She smiled and nodded. I felt so happy that she liked it, but all I could do was grin. The sun had gotten lower and it seemed like the perfect time for a swim.

"Wanna go?" I motioned towards the water.

"Sure." We both got up and dusted the sand off us. I grabbed her hand and smiled at her.

"Come on." We both ran towards the water, while I held her hand and pulled her along. But, she suddenly stopped.

(Fiona's POV)
I realized that I would have to remove my beach cloth and with Nick, I felt reluctant. "What's wrong?"

He looked puzzled and I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I felt my cheeks turn red and I looked towards the ground. I think he understood and he smiled. He took off his own shirt, revealing his well-built chest and arms and was left in nothing but his shorts. He then moved closer to me and untied the cloth from around my waist. Taking it and his shirt, he tucked them both under a rock.

(Nick's POV)
I did so, making sure that our clothing wouldn't be blown away by the wind. I turned and I couldn't help but stare at Fiona. Damn, some legs she had. They were slender, smooth, and (one word) Sexy.

"Wow.." I let out a whistle. But she was blushing so much, I thought she would die from it. I moved closer to her and whispered in to her ear.

"It's not your fault your so beautiful." Then, I pulled her hand and we both continued to run towards the water. It was cold, but that didn't stop us.

"Ready?" She looked at me and gave me a mischievous grin.

"Are you?" And, in a flash, she dove into the water and was already a good distance away from me. This girl had it all. I swam after her and was only able to catch up till she slowed down. By the time a reached her, I was out of breath. She looked at me and giggled.

"Are you ok?" I tried to say something - but couldn't due to the fact that I needed more oxygen. She turned towards the sun, which was setting above the blue water.

"Isn't it lovely?" I was about to reply but realized that she was talking about the sun.

"I think we should go now." I really didn't want to leave, to escape this moment, but I couldn't say not to her.

"Ok, let's go." We both walked back to shore, dried off, and put on the clothes that were left under the rock. Then, we walked to the car. Along the way, I noticed the guy from before was still standing on the beach. As we left, his gaze followed us till we were out of sight. When we reached home, the lights were out.

"Guys, are you here?" There was no reply. But, a moment later, we heard voices coming from outside and the whole gang walked in, with a very happy little guy waddling along.

"Sorry, we all were having so much fun at Disney, we didn't notice the time." Kevin smiled at the two of us.

"You all went to Disney World?" Fiona was surprised that they had done that for Daniel.

"Yup, we had a wonderful time with this little dude." Brian tickled Daniel's tummy.

"But, wasn't it . . . expensive? I mean, you guys really didn't have to do all that." They all smiled at what she said.

"Expensive? You're kidding me. And we had such a great time ourselves - Daniel is so cool." Howie gave her a reassuring look. Also, AJ seemed to have gotten fond of the little guy.

"Yup, and he deserved a treat, after all, he's adorable, fun, a chick magnet, and the brother of a very fine woman."

Fiona turned slightly pink but gave everyone a wide smile. We all felt weak in the knees.

"I - I really don't know what to say . . Thank you so much - for everything."

"Your welcome and anytime. So - how was your day?" She laughed and gave me the sweetest smile I had ever seen.

"I think we should go now, it's getting late." All of us objected and pleaded for her and Daniel to stay, but she said she had to go to work tomorrow and we had no other choice.

"Will you come soon?" She nodded and my heart skipped a beat. I took Daniel's bag out to the car while she said bye to everyone. Then she carryed Daniel to the car and we drove to her building. When we reached there, I followed her inside. I didn't want to leave, so I stayed until she put Daniel to bed.

"Thanks Nick."

"For what?"

"For everything you and your friends have done. I can't thank you enough." Well, there is a way you can, I thought.

"Oh, it was nothing actually. We'll be happy to anytime. It'll be my pleasure." She smiled at me and, as if she read my mind, kissed me on the cheek. I froze instantly.

"Bye Nick." And she closed the door. It was not until 5 minutes later that I realized what had happened.

"Wow." With a wide grin on my face, I walked back to the car.
[ Chapter 6 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 6]

Before going to bed last night, I looked at the calendar, and was very happy that I did. Tomorrow was January 7 - Fiona's birthday. Perfect! So many thoughts filled up my head - what to give her, what to wear, etc. I made the perfect plan and went to sleep.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to make sure I was there before she left for work. I was wearing my favorite suit, just to make the moment more special. I rang her bell and she opened the door a moment later. I guessed she just woke up because she looked sleepy and her hair was loose around her.

"Nick . . . it's so early . . . what are you doing here?" I handed her a beautiful bouquet of red and white roses.

"Happy Birthday!" She held the flowers and then looked up at me. Her smile was dazzling.

"Thank you, But you didn-" I interrupted her before she could say anything else.

"I have a little gift for you." I handed her a velvet box and when she opened it, she put her hand to her heart. It was a necklace that was made of tiny, sparkling diamonds and hanging from it was a diamond pendant that was shaped into a heart.

There was a piece of paper attached to it that read 'With lots of love, Nick.' She looked up at me and her eyes gleamed with happiness. She smiled and put her arms around me and hugged me tight. I could hear her soft words.

"Thank you Nick . . Thank you for everything!" My heart, my whole body was melting. It felt as if it were my birthday.

"Does that mean that you'd spend the day with me?" She looked at me and I could sense a wistful tone in her voice.

"I'd really love to, but I can't ... I have work."

"No you don't" She looked confused and I grinned.

"I did a little research and found out who your employer was and I was able to persuade him to let you have a week off." Her smile and the glimmer in her eyes returned. Her face seemed to glow and I would do anything to let it stay that way.

"A whole week! God, I really don't know what to say . . . How can I ever thank you?"

"You don't need to - But, I'd love it if you would spend the day with me." She happily nodded. She told me to give her 10 minutes. During that time, I talked to Daniel - well, I was the one speaking English. But I understood alot of the things he said. I asked him if he liked me.

"You're cool big bwuther!" It was not just his adorable voice or the way he said it. He thought I was like his big brother! I couldn't help smiling and I picked him up and put him on my shoulders. He laughed with glee.

"You guys seem to be having fun."

"Oh yea, we're having alot-" She does it over and over and keeps me stunned and staring every time. She looked gorgeous beyond words. She was wearing a black dress that showed off her curves very nicely, held onto her shoulders by spaghetti straps, and flowed to her knees. She wore her hair loose and she wasn't even wearing makeup! Well, she didn't need to. Her face naturally had a lovely glow. She was also wearing the necklace I gave her, which looked wonderful on her. Luckily, I was able to stop myself from staring - or even worse, drooling.

"Shall we?" I motioned to the door. She nodded and the three of us, with Daniel still on my shoulders, walked outside. We drove in my Escalade and Fiona noticed that we were not going to my house.

"Where are we going?" I wanted it to be a surprise.

"You'll see." We reached a huge restaurant that had a colorful garden and an array of palm trees and was built on a cliff above the ocean. I led a dazed Fiona and her little brother inside. At first, all the lights were closed. But, as we stepped inside, an enormous chandelier turned on and sent light all over the place.

"Happy Birthday!" AJ, Kevin, Howie, Brian, Jeff, all of Fiona's co-workers, and all of the restaurant staff stood in the middle awaiting the lucky birthday girl. I looked at her and she was completely elated! Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was frozen in place. Then, the guys and I sang her a birthday song and the chef brought in a beautiful cake.

Throughout the whole thing, she didn't say a word and could only give a brilliantly stunning smile. The guys showered her with presents and even the others had something for her. Then AJ suggested a dance, and all the guys took turns dancing with Fiona. She seemed completely enchanted, but, little did she realise, we were the ones under her spell.

Finally, when it was my turn to dance with her, I wanted to take her outside so we could be away from everyone else - just the two of us. I took her to the roof of the restaurant which had a fantastic view of the shore and the ocean. We danced together without music. I don't think there was any needed. When we saw the sun setting, we decided to sit down and enjoy the moment.

"Are you having a good time?" Fiona looked at me and laughed.

"I'm speechless."

"That's just what I wanted." She smiled but then turned towards me, her face filled with concern.

"Why are you doing this Nick? I mean, I love everything you've done for Daniel and for me. But, I only met you the day before yesterday and you've already done so much for me. Why?" I really didn't know what to say. I was too afraid to tell her how I felt. What if she didn't love me?
But . . . maybe I should tell her. I shouldn't let this moment escape.

"Fiona . . ." I put my hand on her face and tilted it until we were looking into each other's eyes. Her big, brown eyes were full of questions, pleading for an answer.

"I . . ." I shouldn't hesistate. I should let her know how I feel about her. It was now or never.
"I love you."

I couldn't believe I had said it! I had told her that I loved her. At first, she looked startled, surprised, not realizing what I had just said. But then, the familiar glint in her eyes had returned and it was brighter than ever before. She hugged me tightly and whispered into my ear "I love you, too."

When she said that, I didn't know what to say or what to do. My feelings were so strong that I couldn't express them. The happiness inside of me was rushing all over. I picked her up and spun around, screaming "I love you, I love you, I love you Fiona!"

We were both laughing with joy. I put her down, pulled her close, and gave her a deep and passionate kiss. Her long, silky hair was blowing in the wind and she was holding on to my shoulders. I let one hand stray behind her neck while the other held onto her back. I never wanted this moment to end - I wanted it to last forever.
We continued until both of us were out of breath and then broke into laughs.

"Nick, I think we should go back to the party. They might be wondering . . ."

"Oh yea? Then let them wonder all they want." And we walked downstairs, hand in hand.
[ Chapter 7 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 7]

(Fiona's POV)
I was still dazed by yesterday's events. I couldn't believe anything that had happened. It all seemed like a dream - the most wonderful dream I'd ever had. The necklace, the restaurant, the dance, and Nick. I smiled at the thought of him. He loved me! I was so glad I had met him - he was the greatest thing to happen to me!

I tried to make breakfast, but I could only think about Nick. I ended up with burned toast, but I didn't care. I was the happiest person in the world! I was about to wake up Daniel when I heard a knock on the door. Nick! I was sure it was him. I happily ran to the front door and, without even checking, opened it.

I was surprised to see that Nick wasn't standing there. Instead, it was a man with black hair and grey eyes. He held a dark expression on his face and smiled evilly. He looked familiar and I was sure I had seen him somewhere. But, before I could say anything, he forced himself inside and slightly closed the door. I suddenly began to feel fear growing inside of me.

"Uh - who are you?"

He didn't reply but just kept the evil smile on his face. I felt myself backing away as he advanced towards me. Who was he and what he did he want? I felt his gaze, his eyes scanning my body. He took off his jacket and threw it onto the sofa.

"Wh - What are you doing?" I was getting really scared, afraid of what he might do. He suddenly grabbed my arm and twisted me into a locked position. I tried to wriggle free, but he was too strong.

"Let me go!" I tried my hardest to pull myself away but had no luck. Snickering, he pulled me closer.

"Stubborn - aren't you?"

I felt his hand traveling over my breasts and then slowly moving downwards. Tears rolled down my cheeks and when he saw them, his grin grew even wider. He pushed me onto the floor and got on top of me. As he pinned my arms against the floor, I tried harder and harder to get away from his clutch.

"Please -" His grip on me tightened and my sobs only brought him pleasure. His eyes looked hungry and while grinning evilly, he stripped off my clothes.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nick's POV)
Brian was over for breakfast. Well, actually, he decided to make the pancakes because I was too lost in my own thoughts to do so.

"Nick? Answer me man!" I neither heard what he said or cared of his presence. The only thing I could think of was Fiona. Her gorgeous face occupied my mind all night and I liked it too much to think about anything else. Brian was beginning to get pretty annoyed. For the past hour since I woke up, he couldn't get any answer from me. He came next to me and screamed into my ear.

"FRACK!" This time, I jumped off my seat and landed on the floor.

"Dammit Brian! Was that needed?"

"It most certainly was! What the hell is wrong with you this morning?" I realized what he was talking about and blushed.

"Oh, hehe . . . umm, nothing . . . really?"

"Sure, like I'm supposed to believe that. Fess up, Nick."

"Well, if you really have to know . . " I began to feel dreamy all over again.

"Ok - so what is it?"

"I love her . . . and . . . she loves me." Brian was surprised at what I just said and then a wide grin covered his face.

"She loves me Brian . . Fiona loves me . . ."

"Shit Frack, no joke?" I happily shook my head.

"Wow - you got it going for you man. No wonder you were acting so stupid all morning! Anyway, here are your pancakes-" I suddenly jumped out from my dazed self, but not because of what Brian said, but something else.

"Hey, you know what? I should go visit her! Yea, that's what I'll do! And I'll buy her some flowers! And maybe chocolate! Wait, I'll take her somewhere! No, I'll take her and Daniel somewhere! Maybe to the park! Or on my boat! Wait, how do I look? Is my hair ok? My clothes? You know what, forget it! I'll just go - I'll be back later!"

And after babbling on for so long, I ran out of the house. Brian stood dumbstruck, still holding the plate of pancakes.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I parked the car and took a final mirror check in the rear view mirror before dashing inside the building. I ran up to her apartment and was about to ring the bell when I noticed that the door was open a crack. Curiously, I let myself in and saw that all the lights were closed. Everything was dim except for the sunshine coming in through the curtains. I went to Daniel's room and saw that he was still sound asleep, when I heard noises coming from somewhere. I went to the living room and saw Fiona pinned underneath a man. He had taken off all her clothes and was about to start on her bra and underwear. She was crying and wriggling underneath his weight.

"Please . . get off! Don't do this to me!" His back was facing towards me but I was able to get a glimpse of his face. It was the man from the beach.

"You bastard!" I grabbed him by the neck and punched him hard in the face. He landed on the floor, unconscious. After a moment, I grabbed the phone and rung Brian.

"Yello?"

"It's Nick. Call the police and get over here immediately."

"Nick, is everything all right?"

"Please Brian, just do it." With that I hung up the phone and looked at Fiona. She had backed herself against the wall and was hugging herself tight. Her face was covered with tears and she was shaking with fear. I extended my hand towards her.

"Fiona . ." But, she backed away, looking at me with scared eyes. I hated to see her like this, why did this have to happen? As I tried to get closer to her, she shook harder and pushed herself against the wall, not being able to back away any more.

"Fiona, it's me, Nick. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you, you're safe now. It's just me." She looked at me and I wrapped my arms around her. She began to cry again and pulled me closer. As she cried, I felt completely awful. I didn't want her to suffer again, after the death of her parents. She had been through enough, and now? I couldn't help but feel defeated.

After a while, I helped her to stand up and led her to her room.

"You should change. Don't worry, you're ok now. I'm here for you." I put my hands on her shoulders, gave her a reassuring look, and went to the livingroom.

A moment later, the guys arrived with the police. When they saw the man's unconscious body and bleeding face on the floor, they got a feeling of what might have happened.

"Is she ok?" Kevin asked. I didn't reply and buried my face in my hands. AJ told the police to get the guy's body out of there, but two men stayed behind for questioning. They inquired me about everything I knew and had seen happen and I told them. Then they asked if they could question Fiona and I looked up and shook my head.

"It's ok Nick, they can." She had changed and was looking better. I nodded to her consent. After a while, the two men finished with their inquiries and assured us that everything would go right. When they left, the guys asked Fiona if she was ok. She nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Fiona, you can't stay here alone. If you want to, you can stay at my place, but you shouldn't stay here."

"No, Nick. Everything's ok, I'll be fine here."

"Nick is right. You shouldn't stay here. It would be better if you stayed at his house." The guys all convinced her to come along and, after a while, she gave in. A few minutes later, we all walked to the car, with Kevin holding a sleeping Daniel and I holding Fiona's hand.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We set Daniel's crib in my room and put him inside. I thanked the guys for their help and they left. I took a shower, trying not to think about what had happened but my thoughts kept wandering back to the events of the day. When I returned to the living room, Fiona was sound asleep on the couch. I wanted to make sure she was comfortable, so I picked her up, carried her to my room, and lay her on the bed. I sat down next to her and moved the stray strands of hair away from her face. Her lovely and delicate features looked so peaceful, and I was going to make sure that they stayed that way. I closed the light and fell asleep on the couch next to the bed.
[ Chapter 8 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 8]

I woke up as the sunshine in my room became brighter. Everything seemed to be illuminated and the air was filled with a delicious smell. As I woke up, I noticed that Fiona was not on the bed. I suddenly stood up, still aware of yesterday and scared of what could happen. I rushed downstairs and saw that the place was empty. Then, I heard noises coming from the kitchen. Fiona was cooking breakfast and had already set the table. A feeling of relief spread over me.

"What's cookin?" She turned and smiled when she saw me.

"Nick! You're awake! Here, sit down." I sat down on a seat next to her and observed her as she prepared breakfast. Her long, dark hair was fixed into a bun, held in place by a pencil. She wore a white shirt and jeans that, though simple they were, made her look wonderful.

"So, is it done yet? I'm starving!" She placed a plate of chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate syrup in front of me. Amazed by it, I was about to begin stuffing myself when a better thought crossed my mind.

"I'm too tired to move."

"What? Come on, Nick. I made that especially for you." I grinned.

"Yea, but my hands feel too weak. Can't you help
me?" She realized what I wanted and leaned back on the table as she fed me the delicious pancakes. I savored each bite and when it was done, I still craved for more.

"Mmm . . . those were awesome, but I still want more."

Before she could say anything, I pulled her down onto my lap and pulled her close. I nuzzled her and began to kiss her neck.

"Nick! Come on-" I increased the movements of my mouth and heard her giggle.

"Please, Nick . . not now-" She stopped giggling and looked towards the door. I looked up to see AJ standing there, grinning mischievously at us. Fiona immediately got off my lap.

"Hi AJ."

"Hello Fiona, looking great as usual." She smiled as AJ switched his glance to me.

"Nice day, isn't it Nick?" I blushed at his comment.

"Hey, Fiona - would you like to come with me to the mall?"

"Well, of course AJ, that would be great!"

"Hey - what about me?" AJ looked at me and laughed at what I said.

"Come on, Nick. Don't be so strict - at least not on my day." I stood in shock as I realized that today was January 9th, AJ's birthday.

"AJE, I totally forgot! I swear! I'm so, so sorr-"

"Save it, but if you need us, me and Fiona will be at the mall." I stood there and pouted.

"Okay, fiiine, be that way. See if I'll do anything for your birthday." I grinned with a mock expression on my face. AJ smiled, knowingly.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Fiona's POV)
We drove to the mall in AJ's 360 Spider. I was awed by it's beauty and AJ noticed that.

"It's hot, isn't it?"

"Very!" Driving in the open air just made the whole experience even more exhilarating. I noticed a van driving beside us. It had a giddy-looking dog and a little girl staring out of it's windows. I waved and the little girl giggled and waved back. We tried talking to each other by motioning with our hands. Then, the van started to pick up speed and drove away. I took a last glimpse of it and saw the dog's face pressed against the window. The whole scene seemed to amuse AJ.

"So, where's this mall?"

"Don't worry - we'll get there sooner than you think." And, in an instant, we were in a huge parking lot. AJ parked the car and together we walked inside. The place was enormous. AJ took my hand and led me into a bunch of stores. At each, he modeled different types of clothing and accessories and asked my opinion on how he looked.

"I think you look great." He smiled at my comments and bought each and every thing that he tried. We walked out with tons of stuff. After about 3 hours of rigorous shopping, we both began to feel starved and decided to eat at McDonalds.

We placed our order, got our food, and sat down at a small booth.

"So, Miss Gorgeous, how are things between you and Nick?" I looked up, realizing where the conversaton had strayed to.

"Well . . ." I really didn't know what to say. Nick was the most miraculous and wonderful thing that had ever happened to me and just the thought of him made me smile. When AJ mentioned me and Nick, I was at a loss of words - not knowing how to reply. He laughed.

"It's ok. But, I've got to hand it to you, you've really got Nick head over heels for you." I looked up at AJ.

"Really?"

"Damn yea! All he talks about is you. Ever since the day he met you, he's gone crazy." Listening to AJ, I grew curious and wondered - wow, Nick likes me so much. I blushed.

"Well, I really don't know what he saw in me." AJ almost choked on his burger.

"What he saw in you?! Are you serious? Girl, you are perfect! I mean, you are beautiful beyond words - your hair, your smile, those eyes, your sexy body, and besides that, you are incredibly sweet and you could make anyone fall in love with you."

I felt my cheeks turn red and didn't know what to say.

"Thanks for spending your time with me. I've had a lot of fun today and it probably wouldn't have been as wonderful without you. Hey - you made my birthday one to remember. " I looked up and smiled.

"I really didn't do anything. I was actually having a lot of fun, too."

"Well, I guess your presence makes everything better." He took my hand and kissed it.

"If you need anything, you know I'm here for you." I smiled. Talking to AJ made me feel so much better.

"Oh yea - and let me warn you, Nick can be quite lacking in the intellect department, and he'll need someone as smart and lovely as you." We both laughed and walked out to the car.

"Thank you so much AJ - for today. Happy Birthday." I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a hug. He grinned.

"Wow - a Real Happy Birthday to me." We drove to Nick's, laughing.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nick's POV)
"Where have you guys been?!?" They had really tested my patience and now I was on the brink of losing it.

"Calm down, Frack. We were shopping."

"Yea, but this cake looks damn good!" Fiona laughed and we all celebrated AJ's birthday. Unlike myself, the guys had remembered and had gotten AJ tons of gifts. I had managed to buy him something, as it was all last minute. Luckily, he didn't mind. We pigged out on MickeyD's and had a really good time. Daniel seemed to be especially enjoying himself - the kids meal and the birthday cake kept him busy. By 12:00, all the guys, except for AJ, had headed home.

"Well, I didn't tell you guys, but I got a little present for you two." Fiona stared at AJ, confused. I, on the other, felt quite excited.

"A present? For me? Gee, Bone - you shouldn't have!" Hearing my little comment, Fiona punched me in the arm.

"Ow woman!"

"AJ, it's your birthday! You can't give us something."

"Yea, well forget Frack over here, but I hope you really like it, Fiona." He reached into his pocket and pulled out two tickets. He handed them to Fiona. I moved next to her to get a closer look.

"Woah! Tickets to New York! AJE, thanks man!" I was ecstatic. First of all, I hadn't been to New York in a long time. Second, I would be alone with Fiona. I was so excited I didn't notice Fiona staring quietly at the tickets.

"AJ . . . I - I can't take these."

"Well, obviously Nick is, so you should go along with him. And don't take it seriously - think of it as a gift from your big brother." Fiona looked up at AJ and gave him a long hug. But, she suddenly remembered something.

"But -"

"Don't worry. I've got everything handled. Me and Kev are planning to take Daniel to Orlando - and believe me, it's our pleasure. The last time we took him to Disney, the chicks were all over us!" We all laughed. AJ then picked up Daniel and all his stuff and began to head towards the door. He said goodbye and reminded us:

"The flight's at 10:00 a.m. guys." And with that, he left. Fiona and I just stood there, both of us still staring at the tickets.

"I can't believe we're going to New York!" I finally saw the excitement overcome her.

"Yup, baby, and it's going to be alot of fun. I've got everything planned." She looked at me and smiled mischievously.

"Who said we're going to have things your way?" I looked back at her, flirtatiously.

"I said so, and there's nothing you can do about it." I walked towards her.

"Really?" Suddenly, she tripped me and I fell forward on to the ground. I heard her giggle and run upstairs. I got back onto my feet and chased after her. It took me a while to catch up to her until finally we were in my room. I locked the door and walked towards her.

"Can't trip me now - can you?" She moved away from me until I had cornered her on the wall. I moved closer to her until our noses touched and I felt my body against hers. I pinned her hands onto the wall and softly kissed her lips. She giggled again and I stared at her beautiful face. I nuzzled her neck and put my mouth near her ear and whispered:

"I love you." She looked back at me, with the dazzling glimmer in her eyes, and smiled.

"I love you, too." We stared into each other's eyes and kissed passionately.
[ Chapter 9 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[Chapter 9]

"Damn it!" I mumbled, sleepily, as I shut off the alarm.

I didn't want to wake up. After all, I was having a wonderful sleep, especially because of Fiona who was wrapped in my arms and lay asleep with her head on my chest. I moved her hair out of her eyes and gently ran my fingers down her smooth face. I bent over and kissed each of her eyelids which soon fluttered open.

"Hey baby, it's 8:30." She smiled at me and slowly lifted herself off the bed.

"Well, we better get a move on then - if we want to catch that flight." I grinned, knowing how much I looked forward to it.

First, we packed, which didn't take very long because we were going for only five days. We managed to pack everything into a backpack. We dressed and by 9:30, we were driving towards the airport.

"I can't believe I'm going to New York after so long! This is going to be wonderful!" She had that stunning smile on her face and her eyes were full of excitement.

"You know, it's so wonderful to see you happy like this." She looked at me, smiling. For awhile, I took my glance off the road and stared into her intense brown eyes. At times like this, I had a strong urge to pull her closer, to become oblivious to the rest of the world and get lost in our own. Suddenly, she switched her glance to the road and pointed, motioning that I should probably concentrate on my driving, which caused me to laugh.

"So, how old did you say Daniel was?"

"Oh - well, he just turned two a few months ago."

"Wow - two and he's already so hyper." We both laughed, only to be interrupted by my ringing phone. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the vibrating cell phone and flipped it open.

"Leave it to AJ to be calling us now." I grinned evilly.

"You think I should pick it up?"

"Nick! It's AJ - pick up the phone!"

"Hmm . . . I don't think it's really necessary. We can call him later."

"No, come on, pick it up! He's the one who bought us those tickets!" She quickly grabbed the phone from my hand, and before I could notice she had taken it, she answered the phone.

"Hi AJ."

"Hey Fiona - how you doin? Are you guys on your way?"

"Yea, we are just about a couple of minutes away from the airport. We should be getting there pretty soon."

"Great - how's Frack?"

"Well, why don't you ask him?" She handed the phone to me.

"McLean, my man, what's up?"

"I'm surprised you are awake right now - God, that girl is doing wonders."

"Yea, much more than that." I heard AJ laugh.

"Well, Kevin's here - so me, him, and Daniel are gonna head out. Have fun in NY."

"We sure will." I hung up the phone as I approached the parking lot terminal. I handed the man at the booth a five dollar bill and proceeded into the lot. When I finally parked the car, I took the bag and then held out my arm to Fiona.

"Shall we?" Smiling, she linked her's with mines and we walked, together, inside the airport.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The flight was only a couple of hours long. Since we were in first class, we couldn't say that it wasn't adequate. But, since waking up early was taking it's toll, I felt extremely sleepy. I relaxed my head onto Fiona's lap, knowing she wouldn't disagree. I not only felt comfortable, but so tranquil and relaxed, knowing that the person I loved most was right next to me.

I slept for a good four hours before I heard a female voice on a loudspeaker telling all passengers that we had arrived at the airport. We put our coats on, knowing that New York City wasn't all sunshine and warmth as it was down under in Orlando.

As we had our bag and passports checked, I noticed that crowd of those who were leaving the city was enormous. It was actually quite logical because the holiday season was only about two weeks ago, so this was the time when most of those who had come as tourists or to celebrate with their families were heading back home. When all of that was done, we walked out of the airport and motioned for a taxi. I turned to Fiona.

"Well, where shall we head out ma'am?"

"Hmm . . . Manhattan!"

"Whatever you say goes." The driver understood and, grinning, drove us to our destination. We stopped in front of the Sheraton Hotel and I gave the driver his dues. As the two of us got out of the cab, we looked at the thin sheet of snow on the ground and took in the awesome view of the city. The skyscrapers lived up to their name and, since it was 8:00 p.m. and had gotten dark, the dazzling lights made everything seem more wonderful.

"Wow - isn't it spectacular?" I nodded - it really was. We walked inside the enormous building and up to the receptionist's desk to get the keys for the room AJ had booked for us.

"Hello! How may I help you?" The perky voice of the receptionist took me by surprise.

"Oh, hi. Umm . . we have a room booked here and I would like to get -"

"Excuse me, but aren't you Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys?" God, the trouble with the city is that the fans are lurking in every corner, ready to pounce on you at any second.

"Hehe, no kidding."

"Oh my god, wow! This is so incredible! Oh - I'm sorry, I just am a really huge fan, I have all of your albums and singles, and this is just so cool!"

"That's ok. Good to know we have such dedicated fans. But, if you don't mind - " I lowered my voice to a hushed tone.

"I'd like to keep a low profile right now." She quickly nodded.

"Of course! So may I be of any assistance?"

"Oh, yes. We have a room booked and I would like to get the keys for it." She typed up my name in her computer.

"Yes, your room is on the 42nd floor, room number 472, and here are your keys. It was great meeting you and I hope you have a good time."

"Thanks." As Fiona and I walked into the elevator, I heard her giggling.

"So, you see what I go through, and your laughing?" She stopped giggling but her cheeks were a rosy pink and she couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"You know, it's really neat how everyone knows you and likes you so much at the same time." I smirked as we stepped down the elevator and walked towards the room.

"Well, you're not so different yourself." Fiona looked at me, confused.

"I mean, anyone that meets you, you plant a smile on their face. And, I can say with full confidence, that the minute a guy meets you, you'll make him go crazy for you." She blushed at what I said.

"Well, that's not really true." I opened the door to our room.

"It is true, that's what you did to me." I closed the door, and held Fiona against the wall of our room, pressing against her with my body. I changed my voice to a more low, seductive tone.

"Maybe you could teach me some of your tricks." I nuzzled her neck with my nose. She laughed, and I led my mouth to her lips and kissed her. She kissed me back and put her arms around my neck. I deepened the kiss with full passion and put my arms around her waist. I felt her fingers running through my hair, and she made me want her so much.

I led her to the bed, still kissing her deeply. My hands began to travel underneath her shirt and upwards. When she felt my fingers on her breasts, she hesitated and pulled away slowly from our kiss.

"Nick, I don't think I'm ready for this." I understood and nodded.

"Do you want to sleep together, you know, like we did last night?" She smiled and nodded and then laid down next to me on the bed. I smiled at her and loosened her hair, which was tied in a bun, letting it all fall down loosely around her. I ran my fingers through it while gazing into her beautiful eyes.

"So, shall we explore New York tomorrow?" She nodded happily, the twinkle in her eyes returning. I softly kissed her lips before the two of us fell into a calm and wonderful sleep, lost in each other's embrace.
[ Chapter 10 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[ Chapter 10 ]

(Fiona's POV)
I had woken up and, seeing how deeply Nick was sleeping, I decided not to wake him up. I wandered around our hotel suite, not being able to do so last night. It was large and more than enough - I made a mental note to thank AJ for this. There was a small refrigerator with drinks and some food, a luxurious bathroom, a livingroom that contained a home entertainment system, a couple of sofas, and a dining table, and the bedroom which had a glass window overlooking the city and a dazzling view of the sun rising over the blue waters of the Hudson river. It was so beautiful that I couldn't move myself from the window and just stared. I realized how high we were because the people down there looked almost as small as dots. For a while, I just took in the breathtaking scene until I felt the familiar arms wrap around me and soft lips brush my cheek. I looked to the side to see Nick's blonde head resting on my shoulder, his sparkling blue eyes looking out the window.

"Wow - this rocks."

"Yea, it does."

"You can see so much of the city from here. By the way, I'm hungry. Wanna get something to eat?"

"Ummm . . ok. But we can't go out to eat breakfast - it's freezing outside and, apparently, we don't have jackets or anything like that for this kind of weather." Nick nodded and reached towards the phone.

"Well then, I'll call room service. And I think they have a mall on the ground floor, so we can buy some stuff from there."

While Nick ordered breakfast, I decided to take a shower. I was feeling slightly tired, so I decided that this was the best way to refresh myself. When I was done, I realized I had forgotten some clean underwear. Great, something like this had to happen now. I wrapped myself in a towel and opened the bathroom door. I heard Nick, still on the phone, and tiptoed to the livingroom, where the bag that contained our clothes lay on the sofa. I quickly zipped it open, frantically searching through its contents. I pulled out a bra and panties and was about to dash back to the bathroom when I saw Nick standing in the hallway. He eyed me mischievously and began to walk towards me.

"So, are we gonna have some early morning fun?"
He began to move closer and, just in time, I distracted him, pointing towards the bedroom.

"Oh my God, look!" As he spun around to see what I was talking about, I ran to the bathroom and shut the door. I was about to lock it when the doorknob twisted and Nick prevented me from locking the door. I had to use all my strength to keep the door closed.

"Aww, come on! We can kill some time while room service gets here!"

"I'd rather not!" He was much stronger, and while putting on my bra, I struggled to keep the door closed.

"Ok fine! I give up!" I felt the doorknob untwist. I locked it and put on the rest of my clothes with ease. When I was done and got out, Nick was sitting on the edge of the bed, arms crossed and a sad pout on his face. I laughed.

"Wow, you're no worse than Daniel." He began to grin mischievously again.

"Yea? Well, you haven't seen my tantrums yet." Then, the doorbell rang, and Nick suddenly ran to the door, his thoughts switched to the delicious breakfast that lay ahead.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nick's POV)
Throughout the day, I was in a really playful mood. Even while we were shopping, my happiness had complete control over me. We both decided to take a walk to 5th Avenue. The city streets were bustling with people and lined with millions of stores. Eventually, I got noticed and the amount of paparazzi increased, with flashing lights around every corner. I began to feel annoyed and I guess Fiona noticed that. She tugged my sleeve and pulled me into a crowd. We soon spotted a Sam Goody store and got inside, finally escaping from the cameras.

"Woah - close one, and thanks for getting us out of there."

"Your welcome, but do you mind if we hang here for a while?" I shook my head. I followed her into an aisle and she stopped there for a while, looking at the shelves of CD's, DVD's, and Video Games. We both busied ourselves, roaming around the store.

About an hour later, we were sure that the coast outside was clear and we went back out. This time, I had a hoodie and dark sunglasses on. I probably looked really stupid because Fiona couldn't stop laughing.

"You know, it's weird that someone would wear sunglasses in the middle of January, and especially in New York." I realized that she had a point. We continued walking until we reached the huge Loews Imax Theatre. We had some time on our hands so we decided to watch a movie. There was nothing of real interest playing, except for the Ring Two, but I have nightmares like hell and I really didn't want Fiona to know that.

We ended up watching Hitch. I, at first, thought it was going to be a really stupid movie - but it actually turned out to be quite funny. The movie ended with a few good laughs, but I realized how tired I was and let out a yawn. Fiona noticed me and seemed surprised.

"You didn't like it?"

"What - the movie? Yea, it was actually pretty good. Better than I expected."

"Oh, well I just thought -" I realized what she was talking about.

"So, is it a crime for a man to yawn?"

"No, I didn't mean that."

"So, what did you mean?" She looked at me with sarcastic anger on her face and threw a popcorn ball at me.

"Oh, so now you're getting physical!" I grabbed her neck with my hands and kissed her hard on the lips. With every second, I kissed her harder. She squirmed under my weight and, then, I felt her stuff a handful of popcorn into my shirt.

"Woah woman! What was that for!" I jumped up, trying to get all the popcorn out of my shirt.

"For trying to suffocate me!" I grinned.

"All I wanted was a little bit of lovin-" I lunged towards her, but, this time, missed.

"Hey! How about a kiss?" I yelled out to her. Laughing she ran towards the exit as I dashed after her. The exit led us outside and, still trying to run away from me, she bumped into a guy wearing a suit.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I didn't realize where I was going and-"

"Don't worry ma'am. It's fine." Then, as he got a better look at Fiona, a look of surprise spread across his face.

"You're-" I finally caught up with her and grabbed her by the waist.

"So, you tried to run away from me, ey?" The man then looked at me strangely.

"Ma'am, is this guy bothering you?" Fiona seemed confused and then, as she realized what the man meant, broke into a fit of laughter. I actually didn't seem to be amused. The nerve of this guy to tell me I was bothering Fiona!

"No, no, he's my boyfriend." I smirked at what she said.

"Yea! You heard that!" He silently nodded and walked away. Fiona turned towards me and punched my shoulder.

"Ow! Now what did I do?"

"Why were you so rude to that man? He was just being polite!"

"To you! But did you hear what he said to moi? I would have shown him!" Again, I didn't realize what was so funny because Fiona started to giggle. She then put her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek.

"I think we should get back to the hotel - it's almost 10:00." I nodded, the dreamy look still visible on my face.

"Whatever you say." We walked back to the hotel, hand in hand.

"So, since I'm your boyfriend-"

"Oh my God, don't start!" I grinned mischievously, pulling Fiona closer to me. I loved her so much and I never wanted to leave her side. Walking back to the hotel, a wonderful thought came across my mind. Maybe I should take our relationship further, so that it would be eternally bound by our vows. I wanted to marry her.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Sir?"

"Yes, Samuel. You were saying?"

"Sir, I am pretty sure that I saw her today."

"Saw who?"

"Her, the one you talk about so much . . . Fiona Locke."

"What? You can't be serious! Have you actually seen her?"

"Yes, I bumped into her today as she was coming out of the theater."

". . . Samuel . . I'm speechless. You know how long it's been since I've seen her."

"Sir . ."

"I can finally marry her! She will become my wife and, besides being the head of this corporation, I'll have the most beautiful woman in my life beside me."

"But Sir-"

"What is it Samuel?"

"Sir, I don't mean to tell you this, but I saw her today with another man."

"What?! What do you mean?"

"When she bumped into me, apparently, she was followed by a blonde-haired man, who she claimed to be her boyfriend."

". . . She claimed him herself?"

"Yes, sir. And he is not any ordinary guy, but he's a singer. He's one of those Backstreet Boys."

"Are you sure of this?"

"Completely sir."

"Well, then . . . She'll still be mine. After all, he's just a boyfriend, and I have my ways. Anyway, Thank you, Samuel."

"Of course, Sir." As Samuel walked out of the office, the other man sat quietly on his chair, his head resting upon his hands, his mind deep in thought.

After, such a long time, I've finally found her. My dream will come true - Fiona will become my wife. She will be only mines, and no other can do anything about it. I'll make sure she will become my wife, even if I have to pay whatever cost - I will succeed.
[ Chapter 11 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[ Chapter 11 ]

(Fiona's POV)
We spent the rest of the week exploring the rest of the city and it's wonders. Being here made me feel so much at home, as if I lived in New York again and nothing had changed. Everything seemed so magical, and Nick added to that. The whole span of our time together was nothing less than wonderful and left me happier than words can explain.

Every once in a while, I called in on AJ and Kevin to see if things were ok with Daniel. They seemed to be having a great time and Daniel's adorable giggles put a wide smile on my face. Besides all this, I noticed something strange about Nick. He seemed to be upto something because his mind was usually distant and he wouldn't tell me anything. It's not that I wasn't having a good time with him, because I really was, and he as usual is always in this really happy mood. So you'd be thinking - what's wrong then? But I just know he's not telling me something and whenever I ask him, he laughs in his stupid yet cute way and says "Nothing baby, the only thing on my mind is you."

Yes, very flattering and I can't help but give into his sweet words, but that doesn't mean that I'm off his case. I still couldn't get any answers and we had two days before we had to return to Florida. On the morning of that day, I woke up to find that Nick was gone and found a note in his place.

Good morning baby - sorry I'm not there to make it any better (hehe) but I had to do something really important and, apparently, I can't tell you about it. But don't worry because I've noticed you've been a little worked up lately and you probably think that I'm some sort of murderer, killing people just to satisfy my psychotic pleasures, and am currently at work to hide the bodies before we go home. But, that's not so. Trust me, you'll find out about it soon enough, and just don't worry. I promise to be back around evening, no later than 7. Love you like hell - Nick the Great.

I smiled at Nick's little attempt at humor, but mostly because I had at least gotten some sort of explanation. I got up to get something to eat, and while nibbling a granola bar, I realised that I had nothing to do. I sighed, knowing that I would have to get through the day alone. It seemed funny when I thought about it - that I couldn't last a few hours without Nick. This sort of boosted my spirits and I decided not to let Nick's absence be an obstacle. So, I sat down to watch something on TV.

The Notebook was on and, since I heard it was really good, I decided to watch. It actually was turning out to be interesting, but midway into the movie, the doorbell rang. I got up to answer it. It couldn't have been Nick - he never gets back early. And, I was right. It was a tall, sturdy man in a jet black suit. He couldn't be room service, I thought, and I didn't recall ever seeing him before.

"Um, Hi. May I help you?" He smiled politely.

"Is this the suite of Mr. Nickolas Carter?"

"Yes, but he's not here at the moment."

"Oh, so you must be Ms. Fiona Locke - am I right?"
By now, I was positive that I didn't know him, but how did he know my name?

"Yes, but pardon me . . Do I know you?" He chuckled.

"No, you wouldn't know me. But, I am here on orders of somebody you would know." Somebody that I knew? Wait a minute, I didn't live here. So how would anybody know me in the city? I lived in New York about 3 years ago and none of the people that I used to know would remember . . or would they? But how did they know I was here?

"Um, I think you are mistaken. I don't think I know -"

"Believe me ma'am, you know this person quite well. And, apparently, he is dying to meet you. I am here to escort you, and if you would just follow me . . "

"But, I don't know if I can -"

"Trust me ma'am. There is nothing to worry about." He smiled again to reassure me.

"Um . . . Ok, I guess so. But, can you please give me a minute?" He nodded and I went inside and grabbed a jacket. I was still curious about who this 'somebody' was and because of this curiosity, I forgot to write Nick a note.

We took the elevator to the main floor and I followed him outside to a large black limo. He opened the door and I sat inside. I was still a little reluctant - I didn't know who this guy was or where I was going. We drove into a very bustling part of the city and stopped in front of a building so tall, I couldn't see the top of it, at least from inside the limo.

He opened the door and I got out. Then, smiling politely again, he motioned for me to follow him. He led me into a glass elevator and pressed the button for the top floor. The ride to the top was actually fascinating as we moved through each floor. I could see everything from the elevator, inside the building and out.

Finally, the elevator stopped and I stepped out. I turned around and saw that the man was still standing in the elevator. Smiling, he waved as the doors closed and he was gone. I stood there confused.

What was I going to do now? Then, I saw a door in front of me. As my only option, I walked towards it. There was a golden sign on the door with a name engraved on it.

"John Michaels."

As I read the name, I felt shock take over me and I froze in place. I stood there until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turned around and found myself looking into a pair of green eyes.

"Oh my god - I can't believe it's you." My voice was barely a whisper. I looked him over. He was still the same, but taller and well built. I recognized his black hair and his warm smile. As I stood there in wonder, he laughed.

"It's been long, but you're still the same." I squealed in delight and hugged him.

"Wow - how did you know I was here?"

"Well, I have my ways." Laughing we walked inside his office. I gasped in wonder at the sight before me. The room was huge, with an even bigger glass window, overlooking the city.

"Is . . Is this . . your office?"

"Yup. Neat, isn't it?"

"Much more than that! I didn't know you're the new Bill Gates." He smiled.

"Well, I'm not. But, I've worked harder and have been able to get myself to this position." I walked around the office, looking around. He led me to his huge chair and asked me to sit there. I giggled, feeling slightly powerful.

"So Fi, how have you been? I haven't seen you since . . . ever."

"I'm doing great. I just have no words for it. I mean . . . at first it was hard, since I moved to Orlando. I didn't know anyone, and it was just Daniel and me, but then things got better and it's all really wonderful."

"Glad to know things are going good for you. . . But, why did you leave so suddenly? I mean . . why did you leave at all?"

I didn't know what to tell him - that I left so I could get away from all the sadness? From all those memories I had of my parents? Just thinking about it brought me on the verge of tears, but I held them back. It's not like I wanted anything like that to happen, and I understood the reason for his questioning. He was, after all, my best friend and he must have been worried. But I couldn't answer him.

"I'm . . I'm sorry - I shouldn't have brought that up, Fi. Just forget about it."

"No, it's ok. I know why you asked." He looked at me with a sad expression and turned away.

"So, I guess you know the torture you put me through after you left." I looked at him, confused, feeling the tears coming on.

"John, you know I didn't mean -" He suddenly turned around, with anger visible on his face.

"You didn't even tell me! You didn't even say goodbye! You could have at least called me or something - but you just completely forgot about those who cared about you back home! I went completely out of my mind after you left - did you know that ?! Day and night I thought about you, where you were, what happened to you - but you couldn't even call or write to me to let me know that you were ok!"

"How . . How could you say that?" I felt the hot tears stream down my face. "You know what I was going through! I just started college and then . . they were gone! Did you know how I felt? They were my parents! And I was only eighteen with a little brother barely 6 months old! I had to make that decision! It was harder for me than anyone else! Did you think I wanted to leave and not tell anyone? How you could even think . ."

By now, my eyes red and my face wet with tears of pain. I couldn't take it and started for the door. How could he do this to me?

"Fiona - wait!" I felt him grab me by the waist and I struggled to pull free.

"Leave me alone!" He was alot stronger and held me tight. He touched my face softly, wiping the tears.

"I'm so sorry, Fi. I didn't mean this to happen . . I guess I was just so worried about you . . "

"How could you blame me like that?" I was trying to not cry, but the tears kept on pouring. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry - I didn't mean to do that. Please - please don't cry." After a while, I was able to calm down and the room became completely silent. I looked at the clock and saw that it was near 6.

"I . . I should be going now." He looked at me with worry on his face.

"But, don't you want to stay?"

"I can't . . he might be waiting for me -"

"He? You mean Nick?" I looked at him, startled.

"How did you know -" He smiled weakly.

"Like I said, I have my ways. But, I'd like it if you stayed a little longer."

"I'm sorry John, but I should leave." The expression on his face didn't change and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried to pull away as he pulled my closer.

"I'd like to spend some time with you - after so long." As his face moved closer to mine, I felt fear inside of me. What was he doing?!? I tried pushing him away, but his grip had tightened.

"John, please -" Suddenly, I felt his lips touching mine. My eyes widened and I tried moving away, but it was no use. His kiss was hard and forceful. My fear grew as his mouth pressed harder on mine, and when I felt almost out of breath, his grip on me loosened and I pushed myself away. I stood, looking at him in shock.

"Why did you do that ?!"

"Because . . I love you - more than anything. That's why I almost went crazy when you left. Can't you see? I'm mad for you Fiona. I love you." I stood there, shocked. I couldn't take in what he was saying.

"No . . . no - you can't. . . I . . . you can't . ." I shook my head in disbelief. His face filled with anger.

"It's all because of that Carter guy, isn't it?" I backed out of the room, not wanting to stay any longer. As I ran out and into the elevator, I still heard John screaming.

"So you care more about him than you do about me? Don't worry Fiona - I'll make you mine! And I'll take care of that son of a -"

As the elevator descended, I shook with fear. This was not the John I knew. He did have a quick temper, but not to this extent. Who knew what he was capable of doing, and what he said about Nick scared me even more. All that was on my mind was to get back to the hotel, to Nick.
[ Chapter 12 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[ Chapter 12 ]

I paced around the bedroom, filled with extreme worry. I had no idea where Fiona was and I had no way of contacting her. It had been almost 2 hours since I had come back from the jewelers and I still heard nothing from her. What was worse, it began snowing outside and with each minute, it increased.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a velvet case which contained a stunning diamond ring, perfectly crafted and the most beautiful one that I could find. I ran my fingers over the brilliant stone, thinking about how it was nothing compared to the beauty of who I loved. I just wished she was here with me, so I could place it on her slender finger and ask her to become mines. I put it back into my pocket and slumped onto the couch. Everything was wonderful between the two of us - I felt I had never loved anyone as I loved her. And this love caused me to fall into deep worry, for I had no idea where she was. I sighed and buried my head in my hands. A few minutes later, I heard the door open. I got up suddenly and dashed to the living room.

I was so relieved to see her standing there, as she locked the door. But with this relief, anger came rushing out.

"Where the hell have you been?!" She jumped when she heard my voice and turned around, face to face with myself.

"Nick - I . ." Her long, dark eyelashes were sprinkled with snow as was her hair. She was slightly shivering and there was a look of fear on her face.

"You didn't even leave a message! God, I was worried sick!" She flinched at my screaming. I was suddenly aware of my anger and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. . . But, I was so-"

"It's okay. I understand." I was glad she did and I pulled her closer into a hug. I kissed her cheek as she rested her head upon my shoulder.

"So . ." I whispered into her ear. "Where have you been?"

She pulled away from me and I noticed that she was trying to avoid direct eye contact.

"Nick . . I'm really tired. Maybe we can go to bed and talk about this in the morning?" I looked at her suspiciously but gave in to her request.

"Um - ok, I guess."
I went back to the bedroom as she went into the bathroom to change. I unbuttoned my shirt and threw it carelessly onto the couch. I, myself, was too tired to think about anything and sat down on the bed with my back against the headboard.
Fiona walked in and sat down on the bed. She was still trying to avoid my eyes and was facing away from me. The atmosphere felt uncomfortable and I had a strong feeling that something was wrong.

"Fiona . . is everything all right?" I turned her towards me and saw tears streaming down her face. I looked at her, worried, and pulled her closer into my arms. I felt her clinging onto me as the sobbing increased.

"Fiona . . ." I waited until everything was quiet and felt her body relax against mines. I took her face into my hands and wiped the tears away.

"Is something wrong?" She shook her head and, again, turned away. I put a hand on her face and pulled it towards mine and we were looking directly into each others eyes. I smiled at her, reassuringly.

"Come on - you know you could talk to me. I'm here for you." She nodded, with slight fear apparent on her face.

"Nick . . . I - I met someone today . . . someone I used to know."

"Hey - That's wonderful! So, who was it?"

". . . It was an old friend . . and we used to be really close. . His name is John - one of his workers took me to him . . and I found out how successful he has become -"

"Baby, That's great!"

"Yea . . but . ." I saw tears forming in her eyes again. There was a minute of silence until she finally spoke.

"He loves me . ." Her voice was barely a whisper.

"What?"

"Nick, he loves me! He told me so - and he even kissed me, against my own will! I was so happy to see him after so long and how he's been able to follow his dreams, but I didn't expect this! I didn't know . ."

Her voice trailed off as the tears came pouring out. I sat there, still trying to comprehend what I just heard. Somebody else loved Fiona - someone she'd known. This couldn't be happening - everything was going so perfectly and now this?
I didn't know what to do or what to say. She wrapped her arms around my neck and put her head on my shoulder. I still heard her crying softly.

"He's changed, Nick. I still think of him as my friend . . I don't love him, but I'm so scared. I don't know what he could do. . I don't want him to hurt you. I've already lost two of the people I had loved most and I don't want to lose another . . I don't want to lose you Nick - I love you so much."

With every word she said, I was hit by a rush of emotions. I felt myself melting in her embrace and smiled to myself. As soon as she said the words I love you, I didn't care about anything else - because that was all that mattered. I pulled her back so she was facing me and smiled at her.

"Don't worry baby, its ok."

"I'm sorry Nick . . I didn't mean for all this - " I put a finger to her lips and looked into her teary eyes.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it." With that, I kissed the tears on her cheeks. I suddenly remembered something, which brought a grin to my face.

"Wait here - I have a surprise for you."

"But - "

"Close your eyes." She looked at me suspiciously, but did as I asked. I went into the closet, reached into the pocket of my jeans and pulled out the blue velvet case. I went to the windows and pushed the curtains aside. Then, I went back to the bed and led Fiona to the window.

"Okay, open your eyes." She did, and gasped. Not only was the city looking dazzling at night, but the sky, too, was illuminated with fireworks. And, seeing it from so high above the ground just made it more spectacular.

"Wow - this is so pretty." I smiled. I then bent on one knee and took Fiona's hand in mine. She looked at me, confused.

"Fiona . . god - I don't know how to say this. I - I've never felt so strongly this way about anyone and . . you've given me so much happiness that just your presence makes me feel great. I love you so much, more than words can express, and that is why I wanted to ask you - " I pulled out the case and opened it before her.

"Will you marry me?"

She stood there, surprised, as a wide smile spread slowly across her lovely face. Tears of joy were visible in her beautiful eyes.

She nodded happily in approval. At that moment, I felt a million jolts inside of me and I couldn't stop grinning.

"May I?" She nodded once again. I placed the ring on her finger and then kissed her hand. Suddenly, as if she was finally able to respond - without even looking at the precious jewelry I had given her, she took my face into her hands and gave me the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced.
[ Chapter 13 ] by BROK3Nsilence
[ Chapter 13 ]

I was probably in a really deep sleep, because the curtains were wide open since last night and, now, the light of morning welcomed itself inside the room. But then, I felt a finger tracing the outline of my face and a sweet scent surrounding me. I woke up and found myself looking into a pair of chocolate brown eyes.

"Is this heaven?"

She giggled and gave me a small, yet scorching kiss - which left me in awe and wanting more. I grinned mischievously as she continued to trace my face with her finger. I snapped at it and she quickly pulled it away.

"I'm getting the feeling that this morning is gonna be quite special." Her eyes never left mines and her seductive smile caused me to pull her even closer.

"Well, it could be - if you want it to."

"Oh - do I!"

I suddenly pulled her face towards mine and kissed her deeply - flipping her over so I was on top of her. I sucked on her bottom lip as she ran her fingers over my back. For a while, we kissed passionately as my tongue met hers. I then strayed to her neck and kissed the spot where her neck met her slender shoulder - and let my tongue and teeth come into play. I heard a soft moan escape her lips, which caused me to grin with pleasure.

"Nick . ."

She ran her fingers through my hair and I moved back to her face, kissing her passionately once again.

"Maybe we could . . do something . . before . . we leave . ." I stopped and looked into her beautiful face, which looked at me questioningly.

"Hmm - So what would you suggest?" As she pondered the question, I softly nuzzled her neck. God, I couldn't control myself. It was like I had this burning passion for her inside of me, and with every passing second, I wanted her more and more. Being with her, everything in the world felt right and I wished I could just get lost in our happiness and never have to worry about anything else.

"How about we go out?"

"Where?"

"Somewhere, anywhere, it doesn't matter. I just want to get out." And suddenly, a lightbulb went off in my head. I realized how long it had been since I had done some serious partying. Geez, I hadn't even had a drink since Christmas. And who better to do it with? Actually, the idea wasn't that bad. Good job, Nick.

"Okay, sure."

"Got a place in mind?" She looked at me closely, as if she were trying to read my thoughts.

"Yea, but it's a surprise."

"Awww - can't you tell me?" She put her arms around my neck and put on the sexiest pout I had ever seen.

"Sorry, my lips are sealed."

"Please, please, please, please, please . ." She ran her fingernails up and down my spine and wrapped her legs around my torso. As my breathing became heavy, she grinned and brought her lips closer to mines. She was one tough customer.

"Ok, I'll tell you . . . when we get there." I moved in closer, wanting her soft lips against mine. But, instead, got a pillow thrown at my face.

"Hey - what for?" Giggling, she stuck her tongue out at me. I grabbed another pillow.

"Baby, two can play that game."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As we entered the club, we were "greeted" by deafening music, screaming, dancing people, and the strong scent of alcohol. I looked towards Fiona, who apparently looked scared from the whole scene and gripped my arm tightly. I grinned and led us right in the middle of it all.

"Nick - uh, maybe we can go somewhere else -" I put my arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Come on, this is gonna be fun." As I began to dance to the music, Fiona looked at me reluctantly. Around us, people were literally grinding into each other. The lights were flashing wildly and the music couldn't get any louder. Most of the people were in a drunken stupor and those who weren't drank as if there was no tomorrow. Her gaze returned to me and she looked skeptical. But, as I moved, she moved along with me and, after a while, we both forgot about what was happening around us. We spent an hour or so dancing, making fun of those around us, and just having fun. Laughing, we made our way to the bar and sat down.

"Wow - that was cool!" I grinned at Fiona's reaction. Then, the bartender approached us and asked us if we would like anything to drink. I glanced at Fiona and she immediately understood what I meant. She shook her head.

"Ok, then. A shot for me." He nodded but then turned back to Fiona.

"Would you like anything else to drink?"

"Hmm . . Apple Juice!" The bartender laughed and went to the back of the bar to get some. I turned to Fiona, who looked back at me innocently.

"Childish, much?" Grinning, she sat down on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I got a baby brother to thank for that." It took a while for the bartender to return, and when he did, he found the two of us making out.

"Er - Ahem." Fiona blushed.

"Your drinks." We both gulped them down. I noticed that mines was really strong but nevertheless, it gave me this unusually happy feeling, which caused me to drink another. Fiona looked at me sternly, but I couldn't control myself. It was all too good.

"Another, sir?"

"Keep em' coming."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Fiona's POV)

Nick had already had twelve shots of Jack Daniels and he still kept on drinking. I was getting worried because he seemed really drunk and he looked worn out.

"Gimme another!" I pulled Nick away from the table and looked into his eyes. Looking at them usually made me wonder if anything could be so beautiful, but now, his ocean blue eyes seemed to be glazed.

"Nick, we should be leaving now - "

"Nooo - I wanna dance with you! Come on - " He moved towards the dance floor but, suddenly, lost his balance.

"Nick!" I ran towards him and caught him before he fell to the floor.

"Is ok, Fiona. I'm fine . ." Knowing better, I took his arm and put it around my shoulders to keep him from toppling over again. I frantically looked around for a place where I could take him away from the noise and lead him to the back room. I put him down on the sofa and, seeing that he was sweating alot, unbuttoned his shirt. Since he was so drunk, he probably took it the wrong way. He grabbed me and kissed me hard on the lips. Unlike his warm and passionate kisses, this was really unpleasant, due to the fact that the taste and smell of alcohol was still strong. I slowly pushed him away - a look of sadness was visible on his face.

"Aww, Fiona. . . Did I do somethin' wrong?" Even though he was drunk, he still looked cute. I smiled, put a hand to his cheek and kissed him on his forehead. After a while he passed out, and I grew extremely worried. What was I supposed to do? The guys were hundreds of miles away and I had no idea who else to call. But I couldn't think for long, because after a minute or so, a searing pain overcame my body. It was all so sudden that everything around me started to fade. I dropped to my knees and fell to the ground. The last thing I remembered was seeing a dark shadow looming over me.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3865