Paper Flowers by RockAngel
Summary: Please r/r "I mean look at me, what?s so threatening about me? I?m just a girl.? She said innocently.

?Besides the fact that you beat the hell out of a grown man 5 time bigger then you.? Chad said as Asher gives a cheerful chuckle.
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Action, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Child Abuse, Death, Graphic Violence, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4783 Read: 5463 Published: 07/25/05 Updated: 05/30/06

1. Prologue * The Dark Beginning by RockAngel

2. Chapter 1 * Someone with a Familiar Face and Name by RockAngel

3. Chapter 2 * Malory?s Pets by RockAngel

4. Chapter 3 * Kids, cute little animal and HER by RockAngel

Prologue * The Dark Beginning by RockAngel
Paper Flowers

Summary: I mean look at me, what’s so threatening about me? I’m just a girl.” She said innocently. “Besides the face that you beat the hell out of a grown man 5 time bigger then you.” Chad said as Asher gives a cheerful chuckle.

(I am still editing. So do not tell me to use the spell check and to fix my grammar. I am working on it. And it is a lot harder for me to do that then for most people. I'm putting it up to see how other people react to it.)

(AN: I am turning this story in to a comic)

Prologue * The Dark Beginning

The country of Harada use to be a peaceful land. Everyone was happy and demons were in peace with humans. The king was the kindest, who ruled this vast land.

He was an elderly man with a lovely wife, three gorgeous daughters, Jessenia, 13, Keeya, 7, Ziya, 5, and a son, Medwin, 10, who one day become king. Harada was almost perfect until one day a black cloud hung over the kingdom.

An army of demons charged the palace in Amalia. The royal guards held the demons back while the family and servants evacuated the palace. Eight years old, Chad, who worked in the kitchen with his parents, had noticed the youngest princess was not present. He ran off to find her. He headed straight to her room.

“Ziya!” He called as he entered the room.

“Chad!” He hared the whimper from the far corner of the room.

“Let’s get out of here.” He said as he helped her up off the floor. He leader her back the way he had came. They were on the stairway when they heard gunfire and screaming. It was coming from right under the window in the stairway. Chad looked out of the window to see the guards standing over the dead bodies of the royal family and the servants.

“What was that?” Ziya asked. Chad did not answer her just tightened his grip on her hand and ran down the stairs and head for the kitchen. The kitchen entrance was hidden from the outside. “Chad, what are we doing? Aren’t we suppose to meet my mommy and daddy?”

“I don’t think we’ll be meeting them any time soon?”

“Why?”

“I’ll tell you later?” He dragged her to the kitchen. Chad looked out side to see if it was clear of demons or traitorous guards. “Cost is clear.” He tugged her out the door and across the garden to a large tree, that was taller then the palace’s walls. He pushed her up the tree.

“What’s going on? Why do we have to climb a tree? Why can’t we use the front gate?” She asked as the got to the top.

“We just can’t.” They got over the wall. They ran through the village. There were demons and solders (ones the did not betray the family.) fighting each other. Villagers, mostly children, were running towards the train station, which is where Chad and Ziya ended up. They boarded one of the trains, as it was moving.

They sat quietly as the train sped past the war torn countryside.

“Chad,” He looked at Ziya across from him. “Are we ever going to see my parents?” He thought for while. How was he going to tell her that she was never going to see her family again because they were dead?

“Ziy, we’re never going to see them.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your…” He felt his throat get tight. “Your parents are dead.”

“What?” She squeaked. “What about Jessenia, Keeya and Medwin?”

“Them too.” She pulled her legs to her chest and buried her face into her knees. She made herself smaller then she already was. She begins to cry, which cased Chad to realize that he was alone to in this world too. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked out the window.

Two days later back on Amalia. Rider, a cat demon, and Starla, a fox demon, waited in the palace throne room for Kita, Rider’s twin sister, to declare if the plane went off without a hitch to their master. They were both around the age of 7 years old. Finally Kita showed up all tensed up.

“We have a problem.” She said quietly looking around.

“What happened?” Rider asked.

“Princess Ziya’s body is not among the other bodies.” She said.

“What?” Starla squeaked. “Are you saying one of those idiot guards took the little princess’s body.”

“No, I investigated further it turns out that one of the guards had seen a 5 year old girl and an 8 year old boy running from the palace. I think that might have been her.”

“You know the Duke is going to punish us for this.” Starla whined.

“He can’t punish us it’s not our fault!” Rider yelled.

“What’s not your fault?” Starla gave a startled scream and grabbed on to Kita. They turned to the entrance to see Duke Malory standing there.

“Master!” They hollered in unison. They coward back as he approach them.

“What were you three talking about just now?” He asked them darkly.

“Don’t tell him, he’s too close, don’t tell him, he’s too close.” Starla repeated in a harsh whisper as she clung to Kita.

“Master, the youngest princess…” Kita stared to say but stopped to think of how to say it so her master will not take his anger out on them.

“What about her?” Kita bit her lower lip, as Starla continued to cant ‘don’t’.

“She not among the dead.” Rider blurted out. Starla gasped into silent. “We think she maybe still alive.” He and the girls held their breaths waiting for a response but it did not come. Once they did exhale Malory grabbed Kita and Rider around their necks. Starla let out squeak of surprise and scampered away and hid behind one of the broken sculptures. Kita and Rider gasped and choked as Malory held them up on to their tiptoes.

“Master, please.” Kita wheezed as she tried to loosen his grip from her neck.

“You need to get a hold of yourself, Master.” Riders said then feeling Malory’s grip tighten on his neck. They let out a stifled cry.

“You’re killing us!” Kita squealed.

“You and I both know it will take much more then this to kill you two.” Malory said as he lifted them a little more. “You all messed up.” Starla jumped out of her hiding place.

“It’s not our fault!” She screeched.

“Shut up I’ll deal with you later!” She ducked back into her hiding place.

“But it’s not our fault! It’s those stupid guards fault!” Malory’s grips loosened a little on Kita and Rider enough that they could talk.

“Yeah, they were in charge of killing the girl not us.” Rider said.

“We were just had to make sure the demons got into the palace, not kill the royal family.” Kita pointed out.

“Plus she’s only 5 years old what kind of problems could she cause?”

“She could comeback here and take the throne away from me when she gets older.”

“That’s only if she remembers.” Kita said. “I like to point out to you again she’s 5 by the time she’s 16 she probably won’t remember ever being a princess.” Malory paused for a while.

“I got it.” He said. “I will closed down the trains so there’s no way she can get back here.” He let go of Kita and Rider. Kita crashed to the floor clutching her neck and coughing hard. Rider kneeled down bowing his head while rubbing his throat and gasping for air. “After I stop the trains I want you three to head to the Kellan Mountains pass and block it up so no one can get through.” He took a deep breath and looked around the room. “Looks like I can’t use this place any more. I guess I’ll build my palace in the middle of Jericho.” He left the room in a good mood. Starla stayed in her hiding spot to make sure Malory did not remember to punish her and come back. Once she was sure he was not coming back she crawled back over to her friends.

“Are you two Ok?” She asked as she rubbed Kita’s back.

“Yeah.” Rider said in a raspy voice.

“I don’t get it.” Kita said while rubbing her neck.

“What, that he did not kill us?”

“No, why is he so worried about this little girl? I mean she’s just a little girl what kind of trouble could she be?”
Chapter 1 * Someone with a Familiar Face and Name by RockAngel
Chapter 1 * Someone with a Familiar Face and Name

They had spent weeks on the train as it headed to the closes safe place, which was Asis. It was almost on the other side of the country. There were people in Asis taking the orphans of Amalia to the orphanages. The one in Asis got crowded quickly so they took children to another orphanages in the next town over called Bien. Ziya was one of those kids who were taken there.

Right after the king was killed and every one under him was also killed. Duke Malory took over the position to ruling the country. He was making everyone suffer. Around the time that Chad was 14 all the orphanages were ordered by the Duke to be closed down. So Chad left Asis to Bien. By this time is his life he had forgotten all about the little girl with light brown hair and dark blue eyes. He was in Bien to make a living. He took a job as a fisherman until he was 18. He had by then discovered underground poker rings. So he made his living off of his winnings.

When he was 19 years old, 11 years after the event in Amalia, one morning Chad found a letter that was slid under his front door. The letter was from a friend of his he had met in Asis’s orphanage, Asher.

Asher was a very cheerful person, always looking on the bright side of every thing and always smiling even in bad situation. The first week in the orphanage Chad was tempted to beat Asher up. Chad changed his opinion of Asher after trying to beat him up. Chad lost the fight and so they became friends.

In the letter that Asher left at Chad’s house was asking to meet him that noon at the Kaida Inn, which was not to far from Chad’s house.

When he got to the inn he spotted a boy sitting on top of the over hang of the inn. At first glance he appeared to be a normal young boy of 13 years old. Until he saw the white fury ears, dark gray hair, big yellow eyes and the black and white tail. He was a demon. It was weird to see a demon out in the open like that.

“Hi!” The boy called down to him cheerfully. Chad gave him a cold wave before going under the over hang. He entered and immediately spotted Asher at the bar. He had his back to him but Chad would recognize Asher’s black hair from anywhere. He walked up to the bar and sat down.

“So can I offer to buy you a drink?” Asher asked when he turned to Chad.

“No, I’m not really thirsty. So how are things in Oki?”

“Pretty good. But we have to move every one back to Asis, until we get things sorted out.”

“So is that why you wanted to meet with me?”

“What can’t a friend come visit another friend while he is in town.”

“Yeah, but you sent me a letter inviting me to have a drink with you. You usually come to the house when you visit. I figure something is up if you could not ask me face to face. So what’s up?”

“You know me to well.” Asher got up off his seat. “Come with me to the back room. There’s some one there I want you to meet.” Chad followed his friend to the back room. When they entered the room a young woman was there. She was about 16 years old, light brown hair with her bangs and end of her hair dyed black and dark blue eyes. She was standing at the window. Something about her seemed very familiar to Chad.

“About time you got here. I was getting board waiting.” She said with her arms crossed in front of her.

“Sorry.” Asher said giving her a smile and closed the door behind them. “Chad, this is Ziya. Ziya, Chad.” The name sparked his memory. ‘It can’t be her.’ She walked up to them held her hand out to Chad.

“Nice to meet you.” She said as Chad took her hand and shook it. She looked at Chad closely then turned to Asher. “Did you fill him in on what is going on?”

“No.”

“OK, then.”

“What is going on here?” Chad asked them.

“We have been having problems.” Asher said.

“What kind of problems? Did the Duke find out that your orphanage you’ve been running right under his nose?”

“I don’t think he cares about that?” Ziya said. “His guards have been terrorizing us for the past 2 years.”

“What for?”

“We don’t know, but all we know is they’re looking for orphan girls 16 years of age from Amalia with brown hair and blue eyes.” Ziya told Chad.

“Seven of our girls fit that description.” Asher added

“They already has 3 girls and 2 are in hiding.”

“And one is dead.” Asher looked gloomy when he said it.

“How do you guys know this information?” Chad asked.

“I beat it out of one of the guards that attacked us last week.” Ziya said as if it was not big deal that a tiny girl like her took on a full-grown man.

“Wait you guys said 7 girls but you told me about 6.”

“I’m the 7th one.” Ziya said. “And it ends up I’m more of a threat then the other girls. I mean look at me, what’s so threatening about me? I’m just a girl.” She said innocently.

“Besides the fact that you beat the hell out of a grown man 5 time bigger then you.” Chad said as Asher gives a cheerful chuckle. “So what is it that you guys need me for?”

“We were hoping you’d help us out and try and get the girls back from the Duke.” Asher said.

“You mean you two are going to go to the duke?”

“Yeah.”

“How are you getting there? The trains been stopped for what 10 or 11 years.”

“We’ll find other forms of transportation along the way.”

“Really so I take it we’re going to be walking most the way.”

“We’re young we have good legs.”

“This whole plan seems a bit irresponsible to me.” Ziya walked to the door.

“I guess you’re not as brave as Asher said you were.”

“Oh no.” Asher let out a nerves chuckle.

“He said you were the braves he’s ever met. But I guess he was wrong.”

“Are you saying I’m a scaredy-cat.” She looked over her shoulder at him with a smirk.

“Oh no, I’d never say scardy-cat.” She thought for a while. “Chicken I would.”

“Chicken!”

“I mean it’s ok to be scared. Two of the girls they were as I heard like little sisters to you and you won’t help them because you’re scared. It’s ok.”

“I am not scared.” She turned around looking at him now seriously.

“Then help us if you not scared. They took 3 girls, god only knows what they are doing to them.”

“Fine, I’ll help!” She gave him a big smile.

“Good,” She spun around on her heals and stared to walked to the door. “We’ll meet you tomorrow morning at the forest by the old train tracks.”

“Some thing tells me I just got played.” Chad said. “I don’t like her.” Asher patted him on the back.

“She’ll grow on you.” Ziya opened the door. She let out a horrified gasp and slamming the door shut. An axe went through the door.

“They found us.” She said through gritted teeth.

“I thought we lost them!”

“Yeah well, they found us!” She opened the door again and yanked the axe out of the door. “Who dose this belong to?” She threw it at one of the closest guard’s feet only missing his foot by half an inch. “You all really don’t want to mess with me right now.” Two guards came at her she sidestepped one; he ran in to a wall, and punched another. “Ash, get in here would yeah.” Asher turned to Chad.

“Remember tomorrow morning at the forest by the train tracks.” He ran out of the room to help Ziya. Asher picked up a chair and smashed it into one of the guys. There was about 6 guys ganging up on the two but the number of guys kept getting lower but when they thought they had them all defeated they would get right back up.

“Persistent guys aren’t they?” Asher said.

“HEY, OUT THERE WE NEED A LITTLE HELP!” She yelled to the entrance door of the inn. The door opened and 3 lit smoke bombes came rolling across the floor around Ziya and Asher. They both waved good-bye to the guards as the smoke came up around them. The whole room was engulfed with smoke the guards thrashed around trying to find them but there was no such luck. They were gone by the time the smoke disappeared.
Chapter 2 * Malory?s Pets by RockAngel
Chapter 2 * Malory’s Pets

(AN: For every one who read it before this chapter was up. There was a little change it the previous chapter on how Ziya convinces Chad to join up with them.)

Kita walked down the hallway of the palace in Jericho city. Malory had it built right in the middle of the city and also the tallest building in the city. Her master loved to show off.

For the past 11 years Malory had Starla, Rider and herself trained to be his bodyguards because he was unable to trust anyone but them. He had them train with the best martial artist in the world. They did leave his side for three months so they could go capture the potential Princess Ziya’s. Because of her behavior on that mission they were brought back to protect their master. And because of Kita’s extra talent in divinations she has been working with the seer, Sibyl, Malory had came across 3 years ago. She had told him that the princess was going to find her way back to her rightful place on the throne. He had believed her after so many other prediction she made came true.

“There’s one of the Duke’s pets.” Kita’s ears perked up at this sentence. She looked over her shoulder at the two whispering servants. They were standing very far down the hall but she was able to hear them very clearly. “He lets them walk around this place like the own it.”

“I know. The little one is always terrorizing everyone on the staff.”

“That’s the least of your problems. That one there, I heard that she killed a few of the guards a couple years ago.” Kita was in a bad mood and they were making her mood worse.

“Hey,” Kita said turning around. “Don’t you old bitties, have anything better to do other then to gossip?” The women froze. “If you have nothing to do, I’ll give you something. I was in Starla’s room it was a mess. You two go clean it up for her.”

“Yes ma’am.” They walked towards Starla’s room. It use to make Kita feel better after bossing the staff around but ever since that incident two years ago, it did not make her feel better. It was probably more him then anything. Showing her humans were not weak and stupid creators.

“I’m so board.” Starla said to Rider, who was reading. They were in their training room that Malory had built for them, which they use more as a place to hang out in then anything. “Rider.” Starla whined. “I want to do something.”

“Go find Kita and get her to play with you.”

“I can’t she’s working with that stupid seer.”

“Well, then go terrorize the servants.”

“That’s getting boring.” She sat and pouted at Rider, who was ignoring her. “So Rider, what do you think of that seer?”

“I’ve told you a thousand times. I don’t care much for her.”

“I think she’s a flack.” The doors to the room flew open and figure hunched over wearing a cloak. The only part of them was their mouth.

“Your future is clouded with death!” The figure yelled in a scratchy old voice. Starla let out a shriek. “Just like your past!” The cloaked figure hobbled over to Starla. “Little girl, your death will come when the monkey crows at dusk.” Starla realized who it really was.

“See now that’s not funny, Kita.” Kita started to laugh as she pulled her self to her full height and took the cloak off. “Sorry, just blowing off some steam about the crazy old bat.” She sat down in front of Starla. “We have been reassigned to Ziya case.”

“Really!” Starla said loudly.

“What’s with the change of heart?” Rider said closing his book.

“It appears that that one of our so-called Ziya’s got herself a little merry band and is on her way to us.”

“It about time they used us again.” Starla said. “I was beginning to get board. And if you had not killed those guards 2 years ago, we would have had all those girls already.”

“They killed an innocent girl and they screwed up to many times.”

“I think it was because she was the sister of that human you fell in love with.”

“Shut up!”

“Meow.”

“Hey, you two cut it out!” Rider yelled. “Now when are we leaving and where are we going?”

“They’re getting the air craft ready for us as we speak. We’re leaving tomorrow morning.” Kita rolled out a map of Harada. “The seer said that they are going to be heading for the Kellan Mountains pass.”

“But it’s been closed off, we made sure of it.” Starla pointed out.

“We know that but not them.” Rider said.

“That’s why they are going to back track a bit and head for Chelsi Port. But we’re going to stop them before they get that close.” Kita rolled up the map. “Now is there anything or anyone we should bring with us on our trip?” Rider stood up.

“I know who I want to bring.” He started for the door then he stopped and turned back to his sister with a devious smile. “Could you go talk to the weasel demons?”

“Why do I have to talk to the weasel demons?!” Kita yelled as Starla fall down laughing. “Why can’t Starla do it?”

“Because they like you.”

“I don’t want to talk to the weasel demons! They’re always try to grope me.”

“But they’ll come if you ask them to come.”

“I don’t want to talk to them.”

“Please, sis.” Rider said giving pleading look.

“Fine.” She said through gritted teeth. “I’ll go.”

“Thanks, you’re the best.” Rider left the room. Kita looked down at Starla on the ground cackling and kicking her legs.

“You’re coming with me.” Kita growled as she pulled Starla up by the back of her collar.

(AN: Next chapter will be longer.)
Chapter 3 * Kids, cute little animal and HER by RockAngel
Chapter 3 * Kids, cute little animal and HER

The day of the trip, Chad walked out to the spot Asher had told him to meet them. As he got close to the forest, when he caught sight of Asher standing next to the tracks.

“So where’s the girl?” Chad asked when he met up with him.

“Ziya is waiting up the tracks a bit.” He said.

“So what is it with you and this girl?” Chad asked. “I haven’t heard from you for a few years and then you show up here with this girl. I never knew you liked them that young?” Chad smirked at his friend.

“Ziya and I are not dating or anything. We are just friends.” Asher laughed. “She and Tara use to be friends.” Asher looked at Chad with a curious look. “Are you interested in her?”

“No,” Chad said bluntly. “She is not my type. Too much bark if you ask me.” Asher laughed. “So which girls does Malory have captured?”

“Two of the girls you know. Zara was year ago and Max was kidnapped last week. And a girl from Bien named Tama. They got her about two years ago.”

“What about the girl that was killed.” Asher stopped walking which made Chad to stop too. “Was she someone I knew?” Asher face became grim. He lowered his head, till his long bangs covered his face.

“You knew her alright.” Asher breathed. “Before I tell you, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

“Asher?” Asher looked up at him.

“It was Tara.” He said. “It happened two years ago.”

“Why didn’t you tell me they killed Tara in the first place?!” Chad yelled.

“I didn’t want you to come along just so you can get revenge for her death.”

“You’re not in this for revenge? They killed your own sister!”

“I’m not in this for vengeance.” Asher stated calmly. “Those girls they are someone’s sisters. And I don’t want them to lose their sisters the same way I did.” Chad’s anger subsided as he saw how in control his friend was.

“You were always a selfless person. Man, you make me seem like a complete bastard.” He nudged Asher to keep moving. They walked a bit further they spotted Ziya with the demon boy, Chad had seen sitting on the roof of the inn the day before.

“She has a pet?” Chad said in a low growl.

“That’s Evan.” Chad turned to Asher.

“There are two things in this world that bugs me; kids and cute little animals.” He pointed at Evan. “That kid is the combination of the two.” Then Evan picked up what looked like a small tan colored dog, with large pointed ears and a fluffy tail. “Oh look, he has a pet.”

“That’s Yoshe. Actually she is Ziya’s pet.”

“She has two pets?”

“She’s fennec fox.” Asher ignored his friend’s irritation.

“What does she do take in random animals?”

“Not exactly.”

“Finally!” Ziya said when she saw them. “Man, you are so slow.”

“Hey, I had to pack.” Chad told her.

“Good to see you packed light.” She said. “So are we ready to go?” She asked Evan.

“Yeah I’m ready!” He shouted.

“Before we go I want to make something very clear to you, that if your…” Chad looks at Evan questionably. “What the hell are you, a donkey?”

“Do I look like I go hee hah?” Evan said.

“You just did.” Chad pointed out. “What ever he is? I don’t want him any where near me.” Ziya looked at him blankly.

“And I want a library card but that wouldn’t happen for a while.” She said.

“That was very random.” Asher said. “Where did that come from?”

“No idea. But you,” She pointed at Chad. “Are going to have to put up with him. No matter how annoying you think he is.” She begins to walk followed by Evan and Yoshe.

“Hey, Zi!” He calls after her. “Do you think I’m annoying?”

“Not at all.” She answered. Asher and Chad followed for behind them.

“Now I have three things that bug me.” Chad mumbled.

“And what are those now?” Asher snickered.

“Kids, cute little animal and HER!” He growled.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4573