Punk'd...Or Not? by sweet18_2003
Summary: When Nick hits a person, he thinks he is being punk'd again by Ashton Kutcher. The question is, is he...or is this time the real deal?









Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Nick
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2837 Read: 3456 Published: 08/27/05 Updated: 08/31/05

1. Chapter One by sweet18_2003

2. Chapter Two by sweet18_2003

3. Chapter Three by sweet18_2003

Chapter One by sweet18_2003
Another short story...this one will be done in a few chapters though...all of which are complete...so if you want to know what happens, leave a review please! Enjoy!

Chapter One

“I have a fetish for fucking you with a skirt on
On the backstreet in the backseat of the ucon”


“Do you really think you should be singing those particular lyrics with just me in the car?” Brian laughed as he looked over at his best friend, Nick, who was singing a long with the radio at the top of his lungs. It was just another day, them on their way to another meeting regarding the music business and which direction they should head in to next.

“It’s a good song, dawg!” Nick exclaimed, “Don’t take it personal. And you’re making me miss the chorus.” Nick immediately started singing again, trying to catch up to where the artist was in the song.

“Your lips, your smile,
Love it when you kiss me baby
Those hips, those thighs
Love it when you fuck me baby.”


Nick purposely turned his head towards Brian as he sang the lyrics, continuing to drive. He batted his eyelashes at his best friend jokingly just to annoy him even further, which worked like a charm almost immediately.

“Dude, seriously, enough!!” Brian exclaimed, shuddering as he turned the radio off completely, “You are really starting to creep me out. You really need to get a girlfriend again, you freak. Besides, hasn’t anybody ever told you that ya can’t rap worth crap? There is a reason why we sing more pop rock music.”

Nick stuck out his bottom lip in a slight pout, acting as if he’d been emotionally wounded. Maybe he had gone over the edge slightly. But he had been having fun. Even though him and Brian were best friends, pestering the slightly older man came easy. If fact, annoying all of his group members, his other great friends and ‘brothers’ came easily. He took advantage of it, carrying the badge with significant pride. It was something he really wouldn’t give up without a fight. Even when he was thirty, or even forty, his forte would be to play pranks and be a jokester to those who were nearest and dearest to his heart.

“Rok, you need to lighten up a bit. Relax, chill, have fun.” Nick grinned

“I’m chillin” Brian laughed at the blonde boy’s persistence, “Trust me...I’m chillin’ just fine.”

Nick shrugged, not really knowing what to say and bored to tears now that the radio was off. The music and him singing made the drive so much more interesting and time pass by at a much quicker pace. He needed the music....the drive was still another half hour, and his attention span in the silence was a dangerous thing, almost like a lethal weapon.

Reaching over, Nick went to turn the music back on, but Brian wouldn’t let him, shoving his arm away, placing it firmly back on the steering wheel.

“Concentrate, Nicky...” he teased, “The radio will only distract you.”

“Oh, screw you,” Nick chided, not amused with being told what he could and could not do in his car.

“I’ll leave that job to Leighanne.” Brian told Nick with a large grin, naming his wife, “But thanks for the offer.”

Nick’s facial expression at that was one of complete disgust. There was way too much information there than he really wanted to know, and he knew that Brian and his wife were getting some bedroom activity, as they had an almost three year old son. A shiver went up his spine as he tried to shake the image out of his head.

“Shut up, Rok...damn...that’s just sick,” Nick muttered, reaching to turn on the radio again to sing along to some more.

“I told you that you drive like an idiot when you have that thing on.” Brian argued.

“But it’s my fucking car!” Nick shot back, actually getting angry.

This continued on for another thirty seconds, Nick taking his eyes off of the road to glare at his best friend, who refused to have any sort of sound in the car other than them talking. Even though his eyes were only off of the road for a split second, it was enough time for him to feel a thump as he hit something. His eyes tore back to the road, Nick slamming on the breaks as Brian jumped too, all growing silent. Nothing was there, whatever being hit gone...or was it?
Chapter Two by sweet18_2003
Chapter Two

Nick continued to stare, shocked at what had just happened. The forced had been enough to slow the car down, causing the hearts of both men to pound so fiercely that it hurt their chests. Nick couldn’t speak, almost afraid to get out of the car as traffic behind him started to back up, pedestrians stopping to stare at the scene. Nick wondered what had happened, but whatever it was obviously was not good.

“This is why you don’t listen to the radio when you are driving.” Brian told him.

“Everything would have been fine if you hadn’t been fighting with me over it.” Nick cried out, “God, I wonder how much damage is done...my car...m...my baby!” Nick looked as if he were going to cry at the thought of his precious sports car being at all damaged.


Brian rolled his eyes, already taking out his cell phone to call and let whomever know that he and Nick would either be late for the meeting, or not make it at all. Depending on what had been hit determined a lot on how long they would be there. He assumed some nosey pedestrian or other driver had already called for the police. That’s how it always worked. The actual person in the accident usually wasn’t the one to call.

“We should um...should get out and see what uh, what exactly happened?” Brian stated, it coming off more as a question than a statement.

Nick nodded, finding it hard to breath. His hands were shaking so badly that he could hardly function, unable to grasp the door handle on the first try, but eventually he was able to grab on, pulling the handle and pushing the door open. As he stood, his legs were wobbly, almost unable to support the terrified Nick. He looked over the top of the car at Brian, who had turned considerably pale. Their eyes locked, terror in each pair as they rounded to the front of the car at the same time. They looked down to the pavement in the front of the car and that’s when Nick saw what had happened, his entire body growing cold as he felt as if he were going to be sick.

“Oh Lord,” Brian croaked, looking down at the body of a middle aged male. There was hardly any blood, but the man was motionless, “Oh...”

Brian spun around, unable to look any longer. Nick’s eyes were frozen in to place though, his entire body gone paralyzed with fear. He didn’t remember breathing or anything as he just stared, wondering what had happened, trying to grasp it all. He was snapped out of his thoughts though when he heard a retching sound, turning to see Brian a few feet behind him, hunched over, vomiting. His best friend always had had a weak stomach in situations like this.

Then Nick heard the sirens. They were faint at first, but grew louder and louder with each long second that passed. It was all too surreal. Nick couldn’t believe that this was happening, and as the ambulance and police car pulled up, Nick felt as if he’d gone through this before. Where had he experienced this very thing before...

Suddenly, a small smile formed on Nick’s lips and he let out a small laugh at first, his heart beat returning to normal, “It’s okay, Rok..I’m being punk’d again.” he said aloud.

“Huh?” Brian stood up slightly, his natural color still drained, but at least he wasn’t throwing up anymore.

“I’m being punk’d again.” Nick told him simply, ignoring the fact that a police officer was walking up to him, the EMT’s crouched on the ground taking the man’s vitals.

Nick smiled at the officer, convinced that this was all a prank being pulled on him again. It had to be, for just two years ago, Ashton had done this same exact thing to him. He was doing it again, seeing if Nick would fall for it. The half black officer approached as Nick continued to grin, appearing to be an idiot to anybody watching from nearby.

“Are you one of Ashton’s men?” Nick asked, extending a hand to shake, “Good job, dude...I gotta hand it to you. Ya had me fooled for a moment.”

The officer looked to Brian with one eyebrow cocked up, “What is he talking about?”

Brian shrugged, wondering what was going on. Was Nick being punk’d, or was it real? He didn’t know anymore. Nick’s laughter was scaring him though, making the blonde look psychotic. But something similar had happened to the poor boy, and he’d actually almost cried from fear. Now, it was happening again, and Nick was over that fear, pretty sure that Ashton Kutcher had thought that he could fool Nick again.

“I’m Officer Leizak,” he shook Brian’s hand Nick stood at his side, looking down at the victim being loaded on to a Gurney, still smiling, “May I ask what happened?”

Brian did his best to explain what had happened in as little words as possible, still stunned. The man was still completely motionless. If it was all a prank, the man was definitely a good actor.

“When is Ashton going to come out?” Nick asked almost excitedly, looking around in confusion as if he couldn’t believe that this prank was going on this long.

Officer Liezak looked at Nick wearily, wondering if he should handcuff the boy before saying, “I’m going to have to take you to the station...Brian...we just need to ask you a few questions, but I’m afraid that your friend here, is going to have to stay overnight at least.”

Brian nodded, understanding as the officer opened up the passenger side door for him to get in, and then gently took Nick’s arm, leading him to the backseat, shoving the willing boy inside. As Officer Liezak got in, and pulled away from the scene, Nick was still mumbling in the backseat about how far Ashton was taking this, the prank better than the first.
Chapter Three by sweet18_2003
A/N: This is the final part of this story. Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! Thanks...

Chapter Three

The ride down to the station was a long one, mostly in silence. Brian didn’t know what to say, but his heart was still pounding fiercely. This was going on a little too far to just be a big joke, wasn’t it? He didn’t know. All he did know was that nothing was making any sense. The world was whizzing by him, his life stuck in slow motion at the moment. It wasn’t a feeling that he particularly liked, wishing that it would go away.

“Is Ashton going to be waiting for me at the station?” Nick asked, the smile still not gone from his face.

He got no answer, and Nick just sat there in silence, deciding that if the officer spoke, it would give everything away. He tried to wipe the smile off of his face so that he could look shocked once he got to the station, completely oblivious and as if he hadn’t figured it all out yet, although he in reality had. Ashton was, after all, working hard to really scare him this time. The least he could do was play along, right?


Once there, Brian was let out of the car while Nick was escorted in to the station by two other officers. Under normal circumstances, he would be able to just follow them back, however beings he was acting like a nut case, Officer Liezak felt it necessary that he be held on to so he didn’t do anything crazy. Or was this still part of the evil Ashton’s plan, which Nick was still confident about.

“Where are they taking him?” Brian nervously asked Officer Liezak as he followed the man in to an office.

“A prison cell,” Officer Liezak replied simply, “He hit a human...he’s going to need to stay here until we know more...overnight at least.”

Brian nodded, his head still swarming with so many questions. When the officer told him to take a seat, Brian did so, trying his best not to bite his nails, a nervous habit he’d developed and held for as long as he could remember. It didn’t work, for after a few seconds of the man shuffling through a stack of paperwork, Brian found his thumb in his mouth, gnawing at the already short nail.

“So, you said that Nickolas’s eyes were not on the road at the time of the collision?” Officer Liezak asked, breaking the silence.

“Um, yes...that is correct.” Brian replied.

The officer nodded, writing something down. Brian wondered what it was, his fear suddenly coming back. This was a little too real to be a joke, wasn’t it? Not even the producer of the famous show had blood that cold to keep things going for this long. Most people would have had a heart attack by now. That much he was sure of.

“What caused Mr. Carter to take his eyes off of the road?”

“Well, he isn’t the brightest bulb in the batch...in fact, he would be the broken one,” Brian chuckled nervously, “He was arguing over the radio, and...took his eye off of the road. That’s when we felt it..” he swallowed a lump that had formed in his throat, “The man must have walked out in front of us...or maybe Nick ran a stop sign or red light...as I said, we were arguing, so...” his voice trailed off, unsure of what to say next, as the rest had happened so quickly that it was difficult for him to put a finger on any of it.

“Okay...that is all of the questions that we have for now,” Officer Liezak told Brian, “We will have another officer escort you to your home.”


Brian nodded, wondering if reality had struck Nick yet, or if he was still smiling in a dingy prison cell, waiting for something that very likely wouldn’t come. It figured that this would happen, as Nick had just been in trouble with the police after a driving under the influence mixed with medication stunt he’d pulled. The poor boy had just gotten his license back too, after a three month suspension. Brian sighed, shaking his head. What was he going to tell the others when asked just why he and Nick hadn’t made it to the meeting, or had they seen it on the news already? One way or another, they would find out...

Meanwhile, in the Prison Cell

Nick sighed, looking at those around him. They were all dressed in orange, including himself now. This all looked so real, and if he hadn’t been in this situation before with the Punk’d set, Nick would think it was real. Sure, he’d been in prison before, but this time wasn’t real. It just wasn’t.

A prison guard walked by, and Nick perked up, getting up from his bench and walking over to the doors, expecting to have it unlocked, and the expected prankster to jump out from around a corner with his camera crew. When the man continued to walk though, Nick raised an eyebrow. How much longer was this going to go on for?

“Excuse me?” Nick called out, and the man stopped and turned around, “Is Ashton Kutcher going to be here soon?”

The guard just stared at Nick for a moment before shaking his head in bafflement, turning around and continuing his way down the long, narrow hallway without answering Nick’s question.

Ashton’s still coming...I can feel it... Nick thought to himself as he stared through the metal bars of the prison, holding on to them with a smile still plastered on his face, It’s only a matter of time now...just a matter of time...
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4866