Just a Piece of Paper? by felikia2009
Summary: Something I wrote for English class, deals with being a Backstreet fan :D.
Categories: Non-Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 437 Read: 722 Published: 09/09/05 Updated: 09/09/05

1. Just a Piece of Paper? by felikia2009

Just a Piece of Paper? by felikia2009
Please dont use this as your own. I wrote this for my English class and now that the assignment is over and done with, I wanted to share it with all of you. It means alot to me :)

Just a Piece of Paper?

To the untrained eye, this item is just a laminated piece of paper with a lanyard attached at the top. But to someone who bought this 'piece of paper', it is so much more.

On the front of the black paper, there is a good reason why the buyer bought it in the first place. Or to be specific, five good reasons. In black and blue there are five handsome men, appearing to bow. With the shadows of arms in front of them and a drum set behind, it appears that they are a performing act of some sort. At the top of the paper, the phrase "backStreetboys" runs across, and at the bottom, "never gone". Aside from the fact that it shows that the owner of this paper is a fan of the Backstreet Boys, it doesn't really show much else. Unless you turn it over.

On the back, once again in black and blue, the previous phrases run across it in the same locations. However, under "never gone" there is a hint of what this paper is from. "TOUR 2005" is printed in small but clear lettering. It appears that the owner of this paper went to a concert. And above "backStreetboys" there is "NO BACKSTAGE ACCESS". Now it is clear that this 'piece of paper' is a fake tour pass, as the printer needed to remind the normally overzealous fans that this pass wont get them anywhere.

So why would a fan want a souvenir pass and not a tour pass? I mean, it doesn’t get you anywhere near the men that you want to meet. It can probably be explained by the fifty tour dates mentioned on the back. If you went to one of those concerts, and you look at the pass and see the name of the concert you went to, a flood of memories can come back. Memories of seeing the boys live, hearing one of their many CD’s, and decorating your new dorm room with as many posters as you can. All of this because you bought one laminated piece of paper. One laminated piece of paper that connects you to millions of fans around the world.

Copyright 2005, Felicia Levine
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=5033