Four Letter Words by Ashleigh
Summary: Kelly hates her father. She doesn't even know him but she hates him. She wants nothing to do with him. But when her mother loses her job, she's sent to live with him. Can she get over her anger towards him and learn to love him? Not without a fight...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 58 Completed: No Word count: 52457 Read: 111899 Published: 07/28/03 Updated: 07/29/03
31 by Ashleigh
Doors were slamming everywhere that night when we got back home. AJ slammed his car door, I slammed mine, after I got inside, I slammed the front door. Then I ran up to my room and slammed the door. I heard AJ slam the sliding glass door closed after he walked outside to his backyard. So yeah, lots of slamming.

I was pissed. AJ was the biggest jerk in the world and the worst parent ever. I hated him, I hated staying with him... I hate everything at the time. All I wanna do is go home.

It was only 8:30 so I was still pretty wide awake. Since I had my phone privileges taken away and I had no friends, I had to find other ways to entertain myself. I walked to my window that faced towards the backyard. I saw AJ sitting in a chair, smoking. I opened my window wide and stuck my head out. What to do, what to do...

I did what me and Jared do whenever we're walking around Vegas and we go on those ramps that go above the sidewalk and there are people walking under us. I spit. But shit, it didn't hit him. It didn't go anywhere close to him.

I sighed and did the next best thing. I went downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a cup. I went back upstairs and to the bathroom and filled the cup up with water. I just hoped AJ was still outside.

He was. And he would be for a while because he was lighting another cigarette. Does he not know that it will kill him? Oh well, I'll put it out for him.

I stuck my arm with the cup in my hand out the window and positioned it so it was just above his head. Then I tipped it and watched as the water spilled out onto his head. I smiled to myself.

He looked up and saw me. "Kelly!" He yelled.

"Whoops." I said, just loud enough for him to hear. Not knowing what to do with the cup, I dropped it out the window also. AJ dodged it. What? It's plastic! I saw him walking briskly back inside.

I closed my window and fell back onto my bed, bracing myself for the lecture that was to come. I didn't even bother to close my bedroom door. What was the point? He'd get in eventually anyway.

I heard AJ's footsteps coming up the stairs and yawned. He didn't scare me at all. Why should he? All he is is a pretty boy BSB.

"Kelly, what the hell was that about?" AJ demanded when he appeared in my doorway. He wasn't even that wet. Just his hair...

I shrugged. "I thought you were a plant." I said.

"Don't lie to me, girl." AJ said angrily.

"I love you." I said, "Whoops. I lied again." I hit my hand, "Bad girl."

"You know, you're pissing me off more than usual." AJ told me.

That made me laugh bitterly. "I'm pissing you off more than usual," I echoed, "Hmm... do you really think that I care?"

"No, of course not." AJ said, "You don't care about anything. You don't care about anything but yourself!" He left my room.

"Hey, at least that's something you selfish bastard!" I yelled after him.

Wait, hey, I'M the bastard. Damn. In reality you know. Cuz... yeah.

I wanted to talk to my mom. She could help me out with this. She could tell AJ to go easier on me. I ignored the fact that I was grounded from my phone and slammed the door closed. I picked up the phone and laid down on my bed. I dialed my moms number. The phone rang almost five times before my mom answered breathlessly. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Mom... " I said, "What are you doing?"

"Um, nothing, sweetie. What's up?" Mom asked.

"I wanna go home." I told her quietly.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked me, "Did something-"

A voice in the background cut Mom of. It was a males voice and he said loudly and gruffly, "Get back over here, woman!"

"Hang on!" My mom hissed. I could tell that she had put one hand over the receiver.

"Mom, who's that?" I asked.

"Oh, no one. Just... no one, babe. Now what was it that you wanted?" Mom asked.

I began to tell my mom about what AJ was doing, but she seemed to only be half listening. She added in a lot of "Mm hmm." and "Yeah."

I heard the voice a few more times and he seemed to be very demanding. It took me a few moments, but I finally realized who it was. "Mom!" I exclaimed suddenly, "Is that that Jonathan guy you said you had a date with a few days ago?" I asked.

"Sweetie, can you hang on a second?" Mom asked. I heard her cover the receiver and I had to strain my ears to hear what they were saying, "John, she knows it's you."

I let out a loud sob. How gross! I called my mom right in the middle of-EEW! I hung up the phone. Nothing was going right now. Not even my mom could help me because she was too busy with some recovering alcoholic. Life sucks sucks sucks!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=573