Country Comfort by Carter
Summary:

Sequel To Gone Country Brian and Jordan are still happily in love, But tragic struck as Logan, who is now six, and his little brother Baylee were kidnapped. It is up to Brian and Jordan to follow the clues in order to get their children back safely. But what they didnt know id the kidnapper is someone close to them- very close indeed

 

*** Permanent HIATUS***


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: Child Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 3580 Read: 8842 Published: 01/25/06 Updated: 07/22/06

1. Prologue by Carter

2. Chapter One :: Baylee's Brithday Party :: by Carter

3. Chapter Two :: Middle Of The Night :: by Carter

4. Chapter Three :: A Letter :: by Carter

5. Chapter Four :: The Decision :: by Carter

6. Chapter Five :: The Hat :: by Carter

Prologue by Carter
Brian sat in the hospital with his wife and his son Logan. Brian was enjoying the country life with Jordan they have been married for almost 2 years now.


“Brian would you please tell them to get this thing out of me!!” Jordan screamed.


“Yes dear” Jordan was about to have their second child. They were thrilled just to know they were going to have one more. Jordan had always wanted a family and just to know she has all that is just amazing to her,” Is there anything you can do for my wife? She seems to be in a lot of pain” Brian told the doctor.


“She will have to be patient” he replied.


“Brian!!! I think this is it” Brian and the doctor came rushing in. The doctor checked her stats.


“Okay now Jordan you have to listen to me very carefully when I count to three you are going to push,” Jordan nodded her head,” One, two, three push” Jordan pushed as hard as she could,” Jordan one more time…one, two, three.” Jordan pushed again and heard a little baby start to cry,” You have another boy.” The nurses took a hold of the little boy and cleaned him off and then handed it to Jordan who was smiling.


“So have you thought of a name for him?”


“Well I was thinking along the lines of Baylee.. I think its cute”


“Well I think its cute too” Jordan, Brian and Logan gathered around newborn Baylee. But the journey didn’t end there. They were going to have the ride of their lives.

Chapter One :: Baylee's Brithday Party :: by Carter
The Littrell’s are having a party today. Its Baylee’s fourth birthday. They didn’t think he was going to live. After all Baylee has the same heart problem as his father. But his are far worst than Brian had it when he was a little kid. He has been in and out of hospitals since he was only a year old.


Everyone was arriving. Their neighbor Nick Carter, who also just happens to be one of Brian’s closest friends. Brian’s cousin Kevin and his wife Kristen. And then some family and friends. The more people that started to arrive the more Baylee got hyper and not to mention his older brother Logan went right along with the crowd.


”How am I ever going to keep up with this?” Jordan said giving a big sigh.


”I am sure we will manage Jordan. We always seem to at the end of the day” Brian said giving his wife a kiss on the cheek.


”I think everyone is here aren’t they?” Jordan questioned Brian.


”Yeah, I think everyone but my parents. But the last I heard they were stuck in traffic so they will be here soon. Or at least that’s what my brother said”


”We all know how your brother is sometimes”


”Yeah, I know” Everyone gathered in the family room.


”Baylee….Baylee” Jordan yelled. But there wasn’t an answer. She called again,” Baylee…..Baylee” But there still wasn’t an answer. She soon went searching through the house just in case something had happened to him.
“ROAR!!!!” Baylee yelled and Jordan screamed.


”Baylee!!!! You are in big trouble after this party young man. What have I told you about scaring mommy like that?”


”Not to do it cause its mean.”


”That’s right. Now where is your brother?”


”I don’t know”


”Baylee tell me or else you’ll deal with daddy”


”In there” he pointed to the cupboard. Jordan walked over to the cupboard and opened it up and there was Logan.


”You’ve been caught. Now both of you in the family room or else mommy will cancel your birthday party Baylee”


”No mommy no…” they both yelled in unison as they ran out into the living room. Jordan walked out and saw Brian’s grin on his face.


”That wasn’t funny”


”Sure it was. I cant believe you fall for it every time”


”I only went in there cause what if Baylee falls or something. Or goes into one of those seizers or something?”


”Jordan honey. You just need to chill. The doctors put him on medication for that. Let’s just enjoy his birthday party ok?”


”Ok”


Baylee unwrapped his presents and had some cake and ice cream. As Baylee walked up to his bedroom with all of his cool neat little toys he had gotten. Someone in the room was planning and plotting in their head…no one knew it was coming, but he knew and the only one that knew.

Chapter Two :: Middle Of The Night :: by Carter
Everybody in the Littrell house was fast asleep. It took Brian and Jordan forever to get Baylee to settle down and go to sleep. No more cake and ice cream for a while.


He slowly crept in the house knowing how to get in. He didn’t have a key but it was very easy. He crept up the stairs and then first into Logan’s room. He carefully picked him up and slowly carried him down the stairs trying not to make any noise. He carried little Logan out to his car. He didn’t make one move. Now it was time to get Baylee. He was going to be difficult. Baylee will wake up to anything….any sudden movement. He had to give him something or at least bribe him with something. He once again crept into the house un-noticeable. Up the stairs he went once more and went into Baylee’s room as he picked him up just as he suspected he woke up.


”Shh don’t say anything. And maybe I can give you something special when we get back to my house ok?” little Baylee nodded his head,” Piece of cake” he whispered to himself as he carried Baylee down to the car. He now had both kids in the car. But there was just one more task yet to complete – the note. As he crept back into the house the dog started to bark. He had awoken the chihuahua Tyke up.


”Shush..” he said, “Shush” he dropped the note on the floor and ran out of there. He got into the car and drove off.


Brian heard Tyke barking so he climbed out of bed and tripped over a few of Baylee’s toys. He walked downstairs and saw no one.


”What’s wrong boy? Did you hear a noise? Or are you having too much fun with that piece of paper there” Tyke just looked at him as he bent over and picked up the piece of paper and set it down on a near by table for tomorrow. He walked back upstairs and he decided to go check on the boys. Sometimes when he would wake up in the middle of the night he would go and just watch his boys peacefully sleep. But he walked into Logan’s room and he wasn’t there. He thought maybe he went into Baylee’s room. But nope he wasn’t there either. He quickly ran back into his bedroom.” Jordan…the boys are gone” he shook her,” Jordan! Wake up!!!” he yelled.


”What Brian? I am tired”


”the boys are gone”


”What do you mean the boys are gone?”


”I hear Tyke barking so I went down…” he didn’t even finish his sentence without flying back down the stairs.


”Brian!” she yelled, but he was already downstairs. Jordan quickly climbed out of bed and ran downstairs after Brian,” Honey what in he world is going on?” she demanded an answer.


”They’re gone….somebody took them. All they left was this note but our lovely dog here tore it up….we’ll never find them” Brian said.


”How? How in the hell did they get in our house? Why would anyone want to take our babies?” Jordan started to panic as she reached for the phone to call the police.


The police were there within moments.


”Mrs. Littrell do you know anyone who would want to take your kids?”


”No…. I cant think of anyone…we don’t know anyone who hates us. Or that I can think of anyway.” Jordan cried. Her boys were gone…the bond that kept the family together has now been taken from them…who would do such a thing?


”Do you have any recent pictures we can give the news in the morning?” the officer asked.


”It was Baylee’s fourth birthday party yesterday. There are pictures of the both of them on this roll of film” she walked over to the desk and noticed Baylee’s medication was still there,” Oh God”


”What is it miss?”


”Baylee’s medication is still here…he needs that…he goes into seizers without notice. He needs his medication every day”


”Don’t worry miss we’ll have them found in no time”


”Thank you officer” Brian and Jordan watched the sheriffs drive away. There pride and joy’s were missing, but where could they be? And who could have taken them?

Chapter Three :: A Letter :: by Carter
Its been weeks now since Baylee and Logan have been missing. Jordan hasn’t been able to go to work at all. It has been really hard to cope with the fact her kids were gone. Brian has felt the same way. As a parent it has been hard for him, but he knows he has to be strong. But how can you be strong if your kids are missing? To him it doesn’t make any sense.


”Brian I am scared for our boys? Do you think this is normal? Why haven’t we heard from the police at all? They said they were going to contact us and they haven’t” Jordan cried,” What if Baylee has a seizer Brian? He doesn’t have his medication”


”Jordan baby you need to chill out. I know I am scared for our boys too, but you have to be strong. Its tough to be strong, but if we aren’t then we may never find our boys. Do you understand me?” she nodded her head yes,” That’s my girl. And you have to remember Baylee is a tough cookie he will pull through with anything that may come his way. Just believe Jordan. Now why don’t you go and lay down for a while. I promise I will come and wake you up if the police called ok? Meanwhile I am going to walk the dog and get the mail.” He said as he put Tyke on the leash.


”Ok Brian. I love you”


”I love you too”


Brian walked out the door with Tyke in hand. They walked out to the mailbox and he took out the mail. And he saw an unusual letter written to him and his wife. He hesitated to open it at first, but what if it was about his boys?
“I hope my boys are ok Tyke” he said as he carefully opened the letter making sure nothing fell out just in case there could be potential hazardous material in the letter.


Dear Mr. & Mrs. Littrell,


I just wanted to let you know your boys are safe and sound. No harm has been done I give you my word. And I apologize for not grabbing Baylee’s medication. I should have known. But there have been no seizers. I cannot tell you who I am and nor will you ever tell you. But you have to do something for me before you can even think of getting your children back. I would like 1 million dollars to be transferred to an undisclosed account. I know you have the money Brian. Don’t tell me you don’t. And don’t even think about taking this to the police and believe me I know if you have. You have exactly 3 weeks to make up your mind or your kids are mine forever.


Brian knew he had to take this to the police let alone show Jordan.


”Come on Tyke we need to get into the house now” Brian took Tyke into the house and then raced upstairs,” Jordan you need to get up!”


”Did you hear from the police?”


”No, we got a letter from the person who took the boys. It has to be someone we know Jordan. They know how much Baylee needs his medication. And he/ she said he has been fine. But we don’t know that. And whoever it is wants 1 million dollars and if we take this to the police we’ll never see our kids again”


”Brian! We have to take this to the police! I don’t want to just sit here and do nothing about it. Maybe we can fight this you know? Invite one over thinking he or she is a normal person and then have it be one of those detective people you know? Brian I want our boys home!”


”Jordan I know I do too, but do we as parents want to risk our kids lives?”


”If this means getting them back well then yes”


”Your wish is my command”


===============


Meanwhile he kept a close eye on the Littrell house. Making sure he knew everyone going in and out of that house. The boys thought their parents are on a getaway and that they would be back for them in 3 weeks. He just hoped Brian would stepped up to the plate and brought him the money or there were consequences they were going to play.

Chapter Four :: The Decision :: by Carter
Brian paced back and forth in his home this was a hard decision to make. He could call the cops and never see his children again or just give him the money and let this all be over with. But what if it was just a trick? He knew there had to be a catch of something he just knew it, but the question is what is it?


++++++


Meanwhile he dished out the kids their macaroni and cheese. He meant well by taking his children really he did. He wanted to teach Brian a lesson in a way. When they were just kids Brian had always gotten attention for everything…he had always gotten awards in school and he even had a 4.0 grade point average and he was just the odd man out, and now look he’s won again he has a wife and two beautiful children. He knew he was jealous of Brian’s wonderful life he had always been jealous of Brian. He had always had everything while he got to sit on the sidelines and watch it all. Baylee tugged on his shirt. He looked down at little Baylee and smiled. He looked so much like his father some days it made him sick.


”Yes Baylee?”


”Can I have juice? Mommy always gave me juice.”


”Of course,” he walked to the refrigerator and pulled out a juice box and handed it to Baylee,” Logan would you like a juice?” he asked the young boy.


”I am fine” Logan yelled back from the TV room. He himself walked to the TV room and sat down and watched some more Spongebob Square Pants. But then he soon got distracted by his own thoughts of wondering what Brian was doing. He got up from his seat and walked over to the window and peaked through the curtains.


”I wonder what him and Jordan are deciding…I just hope they do it fast and make the right decision before its too late. I’d hate to see these little kids without their parents” he mumbled to himself.


+++++


Brian still paced back and forth after an hour of deciding he knew he had to do something fast and quick before it was too late and before he lost his kids forever.


”Jordan honey what do you think we should do? I have it narrowed down to either a) we call the cops and risk everything for the sake of our children or b) we just give him the money” Brian explained to his wife.


”I don’t know honey…they both are kind of hard. What one were you leaning towards?”


”The money, but that seems too easy to me there has to be something else…it just seems too easy for me” Brian said.


”I have to agree with you. I have a feeling this asshole knows our every move. So tomorrow or sometime this week we’ll see if we can find a detective and see if we can start having them interview all of our friends and family and see if we can find the son of a bitch that took our kids. I just hope they’re alright” Jordan sighed. She couldn’t help but wonder the letter they got just isn’t good enough she wanted to see proof that her children were alive and ok…she needs that closure.


”Ok we’ll do that then if that’s what you want, then that’s what we’ll do” they both knew they were taking a risk with this operation no matter what this person is going to know they called the cops, but this was a risk they both were willing to take to get their children back…it comes with the consequence of being a parent.

Chapter Five :: The Hat :: by Carter
Author's Notes:
Sorry this chapter is so short....but don't worry the next one will be longer.
The day started out like any other ordinary day over at his house. He had given the kids their breakfast and let them watch Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob Square Pants. But that soon changed when he saw little Baylee go into a seizure. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t have Baylee’s medication and he couldn’t take him to the hospital only because there is a missing children’s report filed. What could he do? He sat Baylee down on his bed and tried to make him as comfortable as possible.


”God please just help me out. I promise to give them back…I wont harm him just please help me out,” he called, but there was nothing, “Just my luck” he said and then he saw Logan walk into the room.


”Is Baylee ok?” he didn’t answer,” Uncle Nick is he ok? Did mommy pack his medication?” Nick didn’t know how to respond.


”No your mommy didn’t pack it. Is there anything we can do?”


”She used to put some in Baylee’s teddy bear, but we don’t have it. We have to go to the hospital Uncle Nick.” In his heart he knew he needed to take Baylee in. But how was he going to be able to pull that off? Nick soon found himself pacing back in forth in his room looking at Baylee when he finally got it. It was a stupid idea, but it just might work.


”Logan can you go and get yours and your brother’s clothes for me? And don’t’ forget your hats either” Logan did as he was told. He came back with the clothes and Nick dressed both kids. He took Baylee out to his car and buckled him in and soon did the same to Logan. He was taking a chance, but he had no choice.


Meanwhile, at the Littrell house Brian just happened to be looking out the window and in the distance he saw his neighbor carrying a small child out to his car.


”Nick doesn’t have any kids but maybe he is just baby-sitting.” Brian didn’t think anything of it, but he couldn’t stop thinking about the little child that he was carrying out to his car and then he noticed a familiar hat it was a hat he had bought for Logan when they went to their first baseball game together.


”Jordan! Jordan! Come here quick!”


”What is it Brian? Why are you yelling?”


”Look outside. Doesn’t that look like Logan’s hat?”


”Brian stop….we’ll find them. You are just imagining things. Remember what the detectives said? They could be anywhere and with anyone”


”Just look!” Brian yelled Jordan gave in and saw the little boy being buckled into the car,” Did you see him? Do you see the hat?”


”Brian anybody can have that hat”


”But it’s at Nick’s house. Do you ever remember him having any kids? I don’t”


”You’re taking this way to seriously Brian, and I thought I’d be the one going coo coo. Did you ever think maybe Nick could be baby-sitting? You just need to go and lay down, and rest for a while.” Jordan gave Brian a kiss and went back into the kitchen.


Brian knew that was Logan but where was Baylee? Why didn’t he see Baylee could something have happened to him and not know it? There was something fishy about this and Brian was going to get into it. He knew that was Logan’s hat and it had to be them in Nick’s car.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6634