Invisible by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: Ever feel non-existent, even when mere inches away from the one you love most???
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1226 Read: 488 Published: 01/30/06 Updated: 01/30/06

1. Invisible by LenniluvsBrian

Invisible by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: I wrote this a couple years ago. It's a song-fic I poured my heart & soul into at the time. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Lana & story idea. Nick owns himself, as does the rest of BSB. Song is Invisible by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!

Lana sat in her basement rec room watching the Backstreet Boys on T.V. Her eyes were glued to the youngest member, Nick Carter. No one knew it but her, that she’d give almost anything to meet him and ensure he knew that she was alive. She didn’t want, she needed him to know that she did indeed exist. Fan letters weren’t enough anymore – had they ever been? She needed for him to see her face-to-face, and vowed to make it happen, no matter how long it’d probably take her.

What ya doin’ tonight? I wish I could be, a fly on your wall Are you really alone? Who’s stealing your dreams? Why can’t I breathe you into my life? (So tell me) What would it take to make you see that I’m alive?

Lana was in class and instead of listening to her annoying math teacher, she was once more daydreaming of Nick Carter.

“If I were a fly on your wall, I could watch you in your room,” she thought dreamily. “I could see you whenever, and tell you whatever I want.”

She was snapped back to reality, as the teacher had suddenly decided to call upon her. She answered the question, then let her mind wander again. At times like now, her teacher seemed to drone on and on. While she daydreamed, she wrote what she felt down on the blank sheet of paper in front of her.

If I was invisible If I could just watch you in your room If I was invisible I’d make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable And I could tell you just where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible Wait – I already am

Lana stood outside the arena that the Backstreet Boys were to be playing in. she couldn’t wait to see her all time favourite group perform for the first time. She’d been looking forward to this day for months!

Suddenly the fans around her started to go nuts. The Backstreet Boys had arrived and were walking right past them. She felt herself being shoved back, but fought her way back to where she’d been originally. She spotted the tall blond she loved and decided now was her chance.

“NICK!” She called out after him.

Much to her dismay, he didn’t hear her and kept on walking towards the arena with security and the other Boys. He did stop once though – to wave at another girl. Though she’d prayed she wouldn’t be, she had indeed been invisible to him.

Saw your face in the crowd I call out your name You don’t hear a sound I keep tracing your steps Each move that you make Wish I could read what goes through your mind (Oh baby) Wish you could touch me with the colours of your life

Lana stood in the crowd of anxious fans. They’d all been let in an hour ago, so they could get settled before the show. Now before their very eyes, the Backstreet Boys were singing and dancing their hearts out. They always gave their fans everything they had, even when sick.

She watched in total awe as Nick sang and danced to his part of Quit Playin’ Games. She knew she’d remember for the rest of her life, every move he made that night.

Some would say she was obsessed. Others would say in love. In her own opinion, it was a little bit of both.

She couldn’t help but grin-ear-to-ear as he walked by where she stood. She was in the front row, only a couple feet away from the guy of her dreams.

If I was invisible If I could just watch you in your room If I was invisible I’d make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable And I could tell you just where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible Wait – I already am (Invisible)

Lana and her fellow fans became quite excited when Nick jumped down off the stage. They all automatically stuck their hands out – herself included – hoping to be able to reach out far enough to touch him.

She began to scream louder as Nick got closer to where she stood. She stretched her arm out as far as she could. She was hurt when he touched hands with both girls on either side of her instead. It was like he’d purposely missed her all together.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she watched him stop in front of a girl two seats down. She felt her tears falls, as she saw him reach out and grab hold of the lucky girl’s hands.

I reach out But you don’t even see me Even when I scream Baby you don’t hear me (you don’t hear me) I am nothing without you Just a shadow passing through

Lana lay on her bed staring at her posters. She couldn’t believe how close she’d come to having Nick Carter know she was alive. She wasn’t very happy that all her efforts to get his attention had failed miserably.

She felt like a nothing lying there looking at her poster plastered walls. She knew now, she’d probably always be just some shadow. A shadow no one cared to acknowledge, unless they felt like it.

(Invisible, invisible, invisible, invisible, invisible, invisible)

Lana felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes and fought to hold them back. She didn’t want to cry over someone who didn’t even know her, though she felt she literally knew him. She knew it was hopeless though – as was her attempt to keep her tears from falling.

She curled up into a tight little ball, clutching her teddy bear as she cried. She knew she was a fool for crying, but couldn’t help it. She loved him. She loved Nick Carter with all her heart.

If I was invisible If I could just watch you in your room If I was invisible I’d make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable And I could tell you just where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible (I’d make you mine tonight)

If I was invisible If I could just watch you in your room If I was invisible I’d make you mine tonight If hearts were unbreakable And I could tell you just where I stand I would be the smartest man If I was invisible Wait – I already am

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6726