I Need You by Carter
Summary: Co-Written With Veronica



Anna Weathers and Rachel Green are assigned to follow Nick Carter and his friend Brent because they are selling illegal drugs from Mr.Larios at the headquarters of Jive. Once Brent gets caught Nick goes to Anna for help but does Anna hide Nick or turn him into the cops?




Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 13822 Read: 12948 Published: 02/24/06 Updated: 02/24/06

1. Chapter One by Carter

2. Chapter Two by Carter

3. Chapter Three by Carter

4. Chapter Four by Carter

5. Chapter Five by Carter

6. Chapter Six by Carter

7. Chapter Seven by Carter

8. Chapter Eight by Carter

9. Chapter Nine by Carter

10. Chapter Ten by Carter

11. Chapter Eleven by Carter

12. Chapter Twelve by Carter

13. Chapter Thirteen by Carter

14. Chapter Fourteen by Carter

15. Chapter Fifteen by Carter

16. Chapter Sixteen by Carter

17. Chapter Seventeen by Carter

18. Chapter Eighteen by Carter

Chapter One by Carter
Anna Weathers sat alone in her apartment. It was February 14, 2003 Valentines Day and she’s alone. She never was confident of herself. She never went on dates much. She had a few boyfriends here and there, but nothing ever seemed right. Anna heard the phone ring.


"Hello?"


" Anna are you sitting alone in your apartment again this year?" it was her friend Rachel Green. She was the type of girl who liked to party. Ana usually had to go even though she didn’t want to.


"Yea so?"


"Get dressed you’re coming with me"


"Rachel don’t make me. I’m not like you," she said.


"Anna! You are coming with me weather you like it or not! I hate seeing you alone on this day. Now you will wear that short red skirt and white tang," she demanded. Anna felt like Rachel was being her mom.


"Rach I don’t know."


"Anna! You will look fine okay? Please just trust me you will have fun- I promise" Anna sighed. She knew if she didn’t go she would just end up miserable.


"Yea yea I’ll go,"


"Good I’ll pick you up in 5!"


"Thanks Rach!" she hung up the phone and walked into her room and pulled out the short red skirt and the white tang. She brushed her long black hair and put it into a messy bun. She soon heard the doorbell ring she knew it was Rachel.


"Come in Rachel I’m almost ready!" she yelled from her room. Rachel soon walked in.


"Anna you look beautiful." Anna smiled "oh yea I want you to meet Brent." The young man walked in. He looked to be about 23 he had light brown hair that was slightly spiked and he has brown eyes.


"Nice to meet you"


"This was the guy I was telling you about,"


"Ah okay I thought you were trying to set me up again!" she grinned. Rachel looked at Brent and smirked. "Rachel! How many times do I have to tell you please don’t,"


"Anna I’m sorry. Brent’s friend is alone too and we thought-"


"Me. Yea yea I know. I just hope it doesn’t end me waking up drunk again." Anna remembered it clearly. Rachel took her out last year and the next thing she knew she was drunk and in bed with some guy she didn’t even know.


"Anna I am sorry about that. But please consider?" Rachel started to beg.


"Yea I will do it"


"Yay! We need to get going. We gotta go and get him" Anna quickly grabbed her purse and they all walked out the door.


Brent stopped the car. She figured they were at his friend’s house. It was white and pretty big. It had a gate that was surrounded by a bunch of palm trees- like this person didn’t want to be seen. When they pulled up she saw a tall blonde boy standing there. He was wearing a light blue shirt with black pants nothing too fancy. He turned around and locked the door and then walked down the steps. Anna started to get nervous. She was attracted to some guy she had never even met before. He opened the door and smiled at her as he got in.


"Nick this is Anna Weathers"


"Hi Anna nice to meet you I am Nick Carter" he smiled again. Anna felt like she was going to melt when he smiled.


"Nice to meet you too Nick" How could someone so perfect be attracted to her? She seemed to think it the way he smiled. She wanted to think that she was dreaming. But she knew she wasn’t. She was hoping it would turn out to be a good night.

Chapter Two by Carter
At the party Nick and Anna were getting a long great. She wasn’t so sure about it from the beginning, but everything seems to be going okay now.


“So Anna what do you like to do for fun?” Nick asked.


“Nothing much. I am kind of a boring person. I am also kind of a book worn. Oh and I love to write poems,” she smiled. That smile of hers made Nick want to kiss her. She was so perfect in every way. Ah so what if she is a bookworm. She’s hot.


“Nah that ain’t boring. You just like to read. That’s cool” he smiled back. There he went with that smile again. The perfect smile who could possibly resist it?


“So Mr. Carter what do you like to do for fun?”


“I sing and I play in a band..well sorta. We’re trying to make it big,” he chuckled. A rock star for a boyfriend- she liked the sound of that.


“That’s cool. So where do you work now?”


“ A music store nothing big,”


"They better be paying you a shit load for that house you have” she laughed. Nick laughed back.


“Yea some house I have. It’s not even mine it’s my parents…I don’t even have a job!! I am just some broke ass guy,” he thought to himself. He knew there was no way he was going to tell this girl the truth.


“Yea they pay me a lot,” Already he started this relationship off wrong. But what was he supposed to do tell the truth? He knew if he did that she would be out of there. “Maybe I should just tell her the truth? Nah she looks like that type of girl who would leave my ass” he thought. He was going to try and hide as much as he could from Anna. He just wondered if it was really the right thing to do.


They stood there in a moment of silence. Nick was feeling uncomfortable considering he just liked to a girl he really liked.



“Nick are you okay?”


“Yes I am”


“You sure?” he nodded his head. Anna on the other hand was wondering what was going on with Nick. All the sudden everything was fine and now its nothing. It all started when they started to talk about his job and the big house he had.


“Oh yea I never asked you what you do?”


“I work at a publishing agency nothing big. I just type out articles that other people write. I have submitted my poems in under someone else, but I guess they just don’t like them,” Anna sighed. She has been working there for Pearlman Incorporated for 6 years and not once have they acknowledged her presence. She was starting to give up on anything being published for him.


“I am sure you’ll get your big break” Anna just starred. She wanted to believe getting her big break, but it seems like it’s taken forever. But who was she kidding?


“Yea and I am sure you’ll get your big break with your band or whatever,”
As the night went on they talked more and more. They realized they had a lot more in common. The same movies, music, color, they even have the same birthday!


“Anna, Nick it’s time to go. We have had enough partying” Rachel said. Anna realized Rachel was almost drunk. She could have guessed that was going to happen. They all piled into the car. They first dropped off Anna since she was the closest.


“I had a fun time tonight Nick”


"Yea I did too. We should do this again sometime” he smiled.


“Yea we should. Let me write down my number” she quickly wrote it down onto a piece of paper and handed it to Nick.


“Thanks I’ll be seeing you again.” Anna smiled and go out of the car. She waved good-bye and they drove off. She unlocked her apartment and walked in. She set her keys down on the table near by. She walked into her room and got ready for bed. She couldn’t stop thinking about how much fun they has at the party although there were some things Anna is suspicious about Nick. Anna has a few things up her sleeve.

Chapter Three by Carter
This chapter was written by Veronica


Nick walked up to his room, all the while thinking about Anna. He really liked her and hoped he'd be seeing a lot of her. He already had her number and he wasn't going to play it "cool", you know, wait for a week before calling. He was going to be real, at least as real as he could be, and call her the next day. Not caring if he'd be sounding too desperate. He couldn't get her off of his mind. He lay there thinking about how she looked when they first met. There was nervousness in her look, which slowly dissipated through out the night.The phone rang, distracting Nick's thoughts of Anna.


"Hello?" Nick said angrily.


"Hello, Nickolas. How are we doing tonight?" Asked a deep male voice.


Nick got nervous. He was supposed to be working tonight but was distracted by Anna's company. He clearly remembered the phone conversation they had had earlier and how Nick had been told not to screw up.


"Fine. I'm fine" Nick answered.


"Good, good. Where you a success tonight?"


"Well, not really. Not a lot of people were into that. It was full of rich snobby people." He explained.


"Well, Nick...my boy...you should have made an effort, been more persuasive. We had a deal, you do this job for me and I get you and your band a contract. Maybe you don't care about your career. Maybe you'd prefer to be with some girl instead of being a star? Is that it?"


Nick was astonished that he knew. "What are you talking about? I told you already---" He was interrupted.


"Do you think I'm stupid Nick? Because if you do, you are going to have to learn the hard way that I'm not. I have my people everywhere I want my money by Sunday." And he hung up.


By the Sunday? How in the hell was he going to sell this stuff by Sunday? It was already Thursday and there was a lot of it. All week Nick had come up with ways to avoid selling. It wasn't his style, but he had to. It was a done deal, and all to make his dream come true. Now it was the moment of truth, he had to do it by Sunday, or face the consequences. Which, in that business could be deadly.

Chapter Four by Carter
It was Thursday night and Nick was getting ready for his date with Anna that night. He picked out something simple he didn't want to go too fancy. He picked up his kakai pants and put them on. He then put on his white wife beater and an cream color over shirt.


"simple enough for me" he said looking into the mirror. He spiked up this hair a little bit. He knew he was looking good. He sprayed some gravity cologne on. He looked back at the clock '7pm' he realized he should be going right now. He grabbed the keys and headed out to the door. He wanted to take Anna to the beach and have a picnic, but he didn't know if it was a good thing to do. He didn’t know where else to take her considering he doesn’t have a job and he is flat out broke.


Nick arrived at Anna's house. He pulled up into the driveway and parked the car. He sat in his car for a little while thinking of the phone call he got the day before. He didn’t know how he was going to get all his money by Sunday. It was something he was might have to face. He got out of the car and walked up to Anna's apartment. He rang the doorbell.


"What am I going to do?" he thought to himself," I just don’t want Anna to find out what I do on the side" Anna soon opened the door. He looked at her. She was wearing a white spaghetti strap singlet top with a red skirt that went just above the knee it was decorated with white flowers she also wore white flip flops. Nick was amazed.


"Hey Nick.. come in... let me finish my hair" Nick walked in. He noticed the very colorful paintings on the walls. "Did you do these?"


"No...my friend Rachel did. She said she didn’t like them so I took them from her" she laughed.


"Oh I see" Nick went and sat down on the couch and was looking at some of the photos on the coffee table. She looked a lot like her mom. She soon came out from her room.


"Okay I am already to go” Nick smiled. They walked out the door. Anna turned around and locked her door. She walked out to Nick's car.


"A brand new Lamborghini eh? What is this guy trying to do? Impress me?" Anna thought. She walked out to his car. Nick opened up the door for her.


"Thank you"


"Your welcome" Nick walked around to the other side and got into the car.


"So where are we going Mr. Carter?" she smiled.


"Well I was thinking maybe a nice little picnic on the beach?"


"I like the sound of that" Nick started up the car. Nick drove down to the beach. The sun had already set. It was now nighttime in downtown Tampa. He parked the car. Anna got out and got a cold chill.


"Here take my jacket" he said handing it to her. "Thank you" she put it on and felt much warmer. Nick walked to the trunk and pulled out a basket full of food that his mom secretly put together for him that morning. Nick took a hold of Anna's hand and they walked to a near by picnic table and sat down.


"Did you do all of this?" She asked. Nick nodded. He had to lie if he said his mom made it she probably would figure out that he didn’t own that house he didn’t anyway,but he didn’t want to make her suspicious.


After they got done eating they walked along the beach and watch the waves come crashing along the beach rocks. "This is so romantic" she whispered.



"Yea I know" Nick stopped walking.


"What’s wrong Nick?" Nick leaned in and kissed Anna. She was surprised. She wasn’t expecting that at all. She didn’t know what to think or feel at the moment.


"I'm sorry" he apologized.


"Nick you didn’t have to do that" Nick sighed in relief. He thought he had just done something bad there for a second.He has never really felt like this towards anyone before. He has had girlfriends in the past,but there was just something about Anna that was special ya know?


"Do you want to go and get some ice cream?"


"Sure" Nick and Anna walked down along the strip in Tampa and found a little cafe that sold some ice cream. After they ordered Nick and Anna sat down. A guy approached them.


" May I help you?" Nick asked. He knew who it was. it was one of Jive's people. "Yes Mr. Carter you have a phone call at the front desk" Nick got up and proceeded to the front desk. Anna thought it was kind of weird how he was getting a phone call at a little cafe in Tampa when no one knew where they were.


"I wonder what Nick is hiding? I know he is hiding something. Why am i not figuring this out?" she thought in her head.


Meanwhile .... Nick picked up the phone. "Ah nice to talk to you again Carter so will you have the money or not?"


" Yes I will have the money so just leave me alone and stop bothering me"


"I won’t stop until i get my money or else there will be some consequences there Mr. Carter"


"I know so please just leave me alone" Nick hung up the phone and walked to Anna.


"Are you okay?"


"Yes I am okay how about we get going?" Nick said helping her from out of the chair.


'Okay" Nick and Anna walked to the car. Nick drove Anna back home. He just wanted to go home and sleep!! He didn’t want to deal with this mess anymore he wanted to get out of whatever deep shit he was in.

Chapter Five by Carter
(Veronica wrote this chapter )


On the drive back home Anna noticed Nick was nervous. She had asked him about the phone call he had gotten earlier.


"It was...a...a friend." He responded.


"Oh." Was all she said. There was something weird about his answer. "And how did he know where you were?" She asked, searching for a better explanation.


"Um...well...I'm usually...when he can't find me...when it's an emergency...he looks for me at all my favorite places...so he found me."


Anna nodded. She wanted to trust him, she really did. There was just something in his voice, something that made her suspicious. Anna was lost in her suspicions and before she knew it, Nick had stopped the car and was opening the door for her. He helped her out of the car and walked her to the door.


"I had a great time with you." He said as he smiled.


That smile, Anna loved it. "Yeah me too. It seems we always have a great time."


"It does."


There was a long pause before either of them said anything.


Anna looked longingly at Nick. "So, would you like to come in?" She asked with hope in her voice.


"I'd love to but...I have to get home. Maybe we can do this again sometime, like Saturday?"


She was disappointed he opted to leave. "Yeah, you have my number, so just call me." She kissed him on the cheek and went inside. Anna heard Nick as he left. Her heart was beating, but she didn't understand why. As she walked into her bedroom the phone rang.


"Hello?"


"So how was your date." Rachel asked from the other end.


"It was amazing. Rach, you should have seen him."


"Anna, don't get too attached. You know we have a job to do. The only reason I wanted you to meet him was because Brent insisted and I didn't want him to get suspicious. Nick could be in on this too. He may know what Brent is doing, so please, stay focused."


"I know...it's not like I'm in love with him. I'm juts playing along." But the truth was another. Anna might not be in love with Nick, but she did have some feelings for him.


"Ok...I'll talk to you later."


"Yeah, ok." She knew it was wrong to get personally involved, but she couldn't help it. She was attracted to Nick and she was falling, without knowing. Could Nick know? That would explain his strange behavior. "No...maybe it was an emergency, that's why he couldn't stay." She tried rationalizing with herself. She struggled with her thoughts as she drifted to sleep.


(Nick's home)


Nick lay in bed unable to sleep. He was in deep trouble. Mr.Larioswanted his money, money which was due days ago. Money he wouldn't be able to come up with. He owed 12,000 more, he already has 6,000, but that wasn't enough. Mr. Larios wanted his money badly.


"What am I going to do? I'm gonna get myself killed." He slapped his head, "How could I be so stupid. I shoulda never let Brent talk me into this."


(Flashback: a few weeks ago.)


Nick and Brent were eating hot dogs on the boardwalk.


"Dude, if we do this, we get a record deal. Simple." Brent said trying to convince Nick.


"I don't know...I don't understand. Why would a record company need to sell drugs?"


"For financing. Sponsors just don't give enough dough, so they do this on the side. They pay Uncle Sam with the ligit money, and keep the dirty money." Brent could see Nick wasn't going for it. "Nick, we do this, we make it big."


"We can make it big. It's just this one thing right? After we get the contract, we don't need to do this again, right?"


"Right?"


"OK...I'll do it.


(Flashback ends)


"Stupid, stupid Nick." The phone rang as he was yelling at himself. "Yeah?"


"Carter, Carter, Carter. What's wrong with you? How can you hang up on me? Where are your manners?"


"I'm sorry....I was upset...I just"


"Nick, I gave you a chance, but I want my money in two days. Two days or else. I'm not kidding Nick."


"Fine, but after this I'm done with you. I don't care if I get a contract or not."


"Once you deal with me I own you. Two days, Carter." Nick heard a click.


"Shit. Two days? No way?" What was he going to do now" How was he going to get the money?

Chapter Six by Carter
Nick sat around the house. He didn’t know what he was going to do. He didn’t want to ask his parents for 6,000 they would start to wonder if that he was in trouble or not. He didn’t want his mom to worry.


“What am I going to do?” he cried,” I am going to be dead in a day and a half. This is all Brent’s fault” He heard the phone start to ring. He looked at it. He didn’t even want to pick it up. He wanted to get out of this mess. He sat there while he trembled with fear of it being Mr. Larios reminding him that his money was due. He decided to go and pick it up it was starting to give him a headache.


“Hello?”


‘Hey Nick” It was Brent. He was relived. “What’s wrong Nick? You sound like you’re scared shitless”


“Well ya know I kind of am Brent I have been getting phone calls from Mr. Larios. He followed Anna and me on our date. Brent I am going to die,” he said.


“Yo Nick chill out man. Everything is going to be fine. I have it all under control,”


“That’s what you told me when the money was due last time. You nearly got me killed. And thanks to you I have a scar on my leg from that stupid knife they stabbed me with!” Nick yelled.


“You agreed to do this with me Nick”


“Yes I did, but I didn’t know I was going to die! Brent we’re 6,000 in debt,” he yelled again. All he wanted was to get out of it. He blamed Brent for even bringing this to him. He blamed himself for even taking this task.


“Nick! I can’t believe this. It’s your entire fault. You didn’t sell any at the party? Oh wait you were to busy with that chick Anna,” Brent shot back.


“Oh I’m sorry. I was just nervous okay? Excuse me for having doubts,”


“It doesn’t come to doubts when you are selling drugs!!” he yelled into the phone.


“Why couldn’t you do it? Why? Why are you blaming this on me? I saw you and Rachel making out at that party. I was just talking,” Nick was pissed. His best friend blaming everything onto him. He couldn’t believe it.


“It was your turn dumbass. I did it the last time,”


“So we’re taking turns? Since when? I don’t want to die!” that’s all Nick could think of was dieing. He didn’t want to. He was only 22 for god sakes. He wanted to live his life and be in a band and make some money that’s all he really wanted to do.


“ Ask your mom for money,”


“Brent no! They’ll think I am in trouble,”


“Nick you have to”


“No! We got ourselves into this now we have to get ourselves out!” Nick could hear Brent making noises over the phone. He always did that when Nick was right.


“Fine. We’ll find a way. Even if this means selling this to the girls,”


“Brent not a good idea. Maybe Rachel. But uh no Anna – she seems to ‘girly’ to do something like that,” he laughed.


“True. Well I gotta go Nick. We’ll get through this once again. Don’t worry we’ll have our record deal before you know it,”


“Ooo and all the girls we want. Haha. Anyway talk to ya later,”


“Bye bye” He walked out of his room and into the bathroom. He splashed some water onto his face. He needed to take a moment to breathe. So much going on and so little time for do it all. He thought about Anna. What would Anna think of him if she knew what was going on?


-Anna’s House-


“Hey Anna where did you say Nick worked at?” Rachel asked.


“Some music store. He never told me a name,” she replied.


“Well I searched all music stores for an employee by the name of Nick Carter and there is none,” Anna wasn’t surprised. But then where did he get all that money for the house and the car?


“What about your lover boy?” Anna giggled.


“He’s no where to be found either,”


“Hmm makes ya wonder huh?”


“Maybe I should call Mr. Rossos and see what we should do next?” Rachel nodded. But Anna didn’t want to arrest him. The one guy who could probably make her happy for the rest of her life he could be going away forever. She wondered who was behind all of this she didn’t want to ruin Nick’s life forever by throwing him away in jail. She realized she has gotten herself TOO attached to Nick

Chapter Seven by Carter
(chapter written by Veronica)


Hours later Anna's house)


Anna was doing a little search of her own, trying to find out about Nick's past. She discovered Nick was born in James Town, New York. He was the son of Bob and Jane Carter, siblings were Aaron, Angel, Leslie and BJ, and he was the eldest. The house he lived in was in actuality his parents. He did once work at Jelly Music, but he had been fired a year ago.


"He lied to me, he lied." Anger ran through her. "How could I be so stupid? I trusted him. He sells drugs too, I just know it." It took a while for Anna to realize there was a knock on the door.


"Hey Weathers you in there or what?" That was Sam Taylor's voice. He was another investigator on her team, he took pictures.


Anna quickly opened the door and there stood Sam and Rachel.


"So, you get any hard evidence?" Anna asked him.


"Yeah."


All three sat on the sofa and cleared the coffee table.


"He won’t tell me what he has. I've asked him like a billion times." Rachel was frustrated with Sam. "He wont even let me go to Rossos yet."


"Ok, Rach, calm down. What do you have Sam?"


Sam reached into the backpack he carried and slid out a big yellow envelope. "Ok, as you know I've been following Brent, as soon as Nick came into the picture I had Watts follow him." He took out pictures from the envelope. "Here are the first few days, nothing special. Him going out, partying with Green, but 3 days ago..." He said as he handed the pictures to Rachel. "...Here he is, selling his merchandise on the streets."


"Bulls eye. We got him." Rachel screamed.


"What about Nick? Anything on him?" Anna asked anxiously


Sam pulled out another yellow envelope. "Nothing, at least not incriminating. He doesn't go out much, stays indoors. The only time we saw him outdoors was with you Weathers...but there was something strange. See these guys?" Sam pointed them out. "They watch Nick. When he was out with you, they were following. When he's home, it's like they're standing guard or something."


Anna was relieved he wasn't found selling drugs. Though the men following Nick was extremely strange. What was going on?


(Nick's house)


Nick passed in her bedroom trying to think of what to do.


"Nick! Brent is here!" Jane yelled at him from downstairs.


Brent entered his room. Nick just stared at him. He felt so much anger towards him. All he wanted to do was punch him right in the face.


"Ok, I have a plan Nicky. You owe 6,000 on your part. I sold all my merchandise, so I'll sell the rest of yours. It's the least I can do."


Nick didn't like the sound of it, but it wasn't often that Brent offered to do something nice. Nick got his swiss army knife and sliced his matress, took some small packages and handed them to Brent. "Here. Get rid of these fast and get us out of this mess."


Brent took off his jackets and rapped it around the packages. "I will." He walked out of Nick's room with a smile on his face. He was sure his plan would work, and it wasn't the plan that he had told Nick.

Chapter Eight by Carter
It was finally Sunday. Nick had been dreading this day for a while. He was just glad Brent came and picked up the stuff so he could sell it for him. He was a little relieved, but then there was always the part if Brent couldn't get it all sold. He heard a knock at the door. He looked at the clock.


"8am who in the hell could that be?" Nick said aloud. He got up and slipped on some sweats and a T-shirt. He looked out the window. He saw a big tall black guy standing there knocking. "Oh no Brent didn't sell anything," Nick said,"I have to find a way out of here," he opened his window into his backyard. He climbed out but soon realized Jive guys surrouded his house," What am I going to do now?" he heard the door slam open he prayed that he wasn't going to get hurt.


"Carter where the fuck are you? Come out where ever you are! We know you are in here!!" he yelled. Nick started to tremble. He was really scared of these guys. He tried to hide the best that he could, but they found him.


"Did you squeal to the police that we were selling drugs?" he grabbed Nick by his shirt.


"No sir no I didn't. I didn't say anything"


"Well someone must have we got word that your little friend Brent got arrested." he couldn't believe this was happening to him. Why this? Why him? He wished he never agreed to even take this job. They should have just done it the hard way and make some demo tapes and send them out. Not this way.


"I swear I didn't say a thing. Myabe he got caught. Did you ever think of that? Instead of busting into my house?" Nick gave him an attitude. The guy slammed him agaisnt the wall.


"Don't you get an attitude with me Mr. Carter," Nick fought back or so he tried, but it just made it worse on his part. He took a hold of him and slammed him repeatedly up against the wall," I swear Nick you ever try to do that again I will kill you and that's an order from Mr. Larios. You better have the money today sharp or else Carter," he put Nick down and left. Nick laid there on the ground bleeding. He didnt think he was badly hurt...just some scratches.


Earlier that day....


Brent went down to the casino he wasn't getting anyone to buy anything from him so he figured if he gambled he could win the money and take all the credit and not give any towards his buddy. He saw Mr. Thinner standing there keeping a very close eye on him. He knew he was being watched and followed. He was starting to feel threatened and scared. He saw Rachel sitting at a near by table. He thought it was kind of weird that she would be here. He wasn't have any luck anyway so he walked up to her.


"What are you doing here?" he asked her. She smiled.


"Nothing I come here every once in a while and just watch people lose all their money like you were," she laughed.


"Yea I guess I am not good at this,"


"So who is that guy over there? He seems to be keeping a very close eye on you," Brent hesitated to answer. He didn't want to spill the beans.


"No one I dont know him," he lied.


"Oh sure you do. And I know who you are," she stood up.


"No I dont. Rachel what are you doing?" he asked.


"You are under arrested for the possesion of drugs. You have the right to remain silence anything you say or do will be held agaisnt you in the court of law. You have the right to an attourney if you do not have one we will provide you with one," Brent couldn't believe it all along his girlfriend lied to him and she turns out to be a cop. She slapped the cuffs on him and took him out to the car and sees Anna sitting there in the passanger seat. He couldn't believe it. He didn't even get to warn Nick.


"What have I done?" he mumbled to himsef.


-At The Station-


"So Brent who is giving you these drugs?" again he hesitated to answer. He didnt want to danger Nick in any way, but he had to do it.


"Mr. Larios was giving Nick and I the drugs to see so we could get a record contract," he confessed.


"You mean Nick Carter your friend is in on this too?"


"Yea he is, but he got out of it. He didn't sell anything. He chickened out. It was only me...I swear" he lied.


"So this Mr. Larios where is he now?"


"I assume his office at Jive Records mame"


"Rachel come here...you have to see this..." Sam said running into her office. Rachel walked out of the room.


Cops,


I am writing you this to tell you that I am feeling threatened by Nick Carter. He had come into my office many times before and he had threatned to kill me many times before. And he finally cracked when he wasn't going to have my money by today. He stabbed me with a knife...


-Mr. Larios


"Nick? Come on he wouldn't hurt a fly? Or would he?" Anna thought in her head. She didnt think Nick was capable of doing such a thing," Nah, this can't possibly be true....my Nicky wouldnt think about doing something like this:


"What's wrong Anna?"


"Nothing....just thinking how I am going to get Nick that's all" she sighed.


"I told you....you shouldn't have got involved with him! You shouldn't have gone out on that date,"


"Oh Rachel be quiet I am sorry okay. I didnt mean for this to happen either..." Anna walked off. She needed to go and clear her head. She couldnt imagine Nick doing it. It just wasn't clicking into her. She knew Nick was innocent he just had to be.

Chapter Nine by Carter
Written by Veronica...


Anna paced back and forth. She knew Nick wasn't capable of doing that. He couldn't be.


"Anna, I'm sorry if I upset you." She heard Rachel's voice from behind.


"You didn't. It's just..." Anna wanted to tell Rachel about what she felt for Nick, but just couldn't. "...I guess all we need to do is arrest him."


"You have feelings for him don't you?" Rachel asked.


"No, what would make you think that?"


"Damn, Anna. You know better."


"Rachel, listen to me. I don't feel anything for Nick. Dating him was just a cover, that's all. Nothing more."


"Ok." Rachel said, not really believing Anna. "Anna, you don't have to worry about arresting Nick. Rossos went himself as soon as he found out about the note."


"That's great. We finally get our bad guys." She smiled faintly. "How did they find the note?"


"We received a call from a male victim. He said he was attacked but never gave an address. When we pinpointed where he was, we rushed but he was already dead. It was Larios. I assume he must have written the note after Nick was there because, as you saw, it was bloody."


Even though all the evidence pointed to Nick, Anna didn't want to believe that Nick would do something like that. Maybe Nick was desperate. Brent had said they had been threatened by Larios. If he didn't get his money they would both be killed. Maybe Nick just didn't want to die. Still, that reason didn't justify the act.


"Weathers, Green!" Sam called from behind them. "Rossos is looking for you two."


"Now, what?" Anna though to herself. She and Rachel made their way to Rossos' office, with Sam right in front of them.


"Big problem." He said as soon as they walked in. "Nick escaped. We got there and he was no where to be found.


Anna was shocked to hear the news. She couldn't doubt it anymore. Nick had to had done it, otherwise why would he run.


"What's going to happen now?" Rachel asked.


Rossos responded quickly. "We're diving the case into two parts. One will be to track Nick, the other to infiltrate the drug ring. Now that Larios is dead, I'm sure someone else will take over." He looked at Rachel, "You and Sam will do the infiltrating. I'll get a team set up, you two are in charge."


"I can't."


"Anna, Rachel can't do it. They saw her arrest Brent. You and Sam are the best canditates."


"But I was there when she arrested Brent. I was seen too."


"Anna, you were far away. I highly doubt they got a good look at you. Brent doesn't know you're a cop. We had a talk before he was interrogated. Told him that since you went out with Nick, we needed to ask you some questions."


"We'll get you a new name, die your hair wear contacts. Alter your image." Sam said. "They guy following Brent, his name is John Harrison. Mr. Larios right hand man for 10 years. He never followed Nick, so I'm sure he doesn't know who you are. It's him we need to go after. We go to him, saying we're interested in buying."


They continued going over the details about the case. Anna was reluctant about the whole situation, but it was her job, she had to be professional about it. After the "meeting" in Rossos' office, Anna coud only think about Nick. She hoped he was okay. Anna knew that the cops weren't the only people after him. Usually, if someone in the drug business is killed, their "people" would go after the one who did it. She could only hope that Nick would try to contact her, just so she's know he was alright.


~3 Hours later: Anna's house.~


Rachel had been knocking for a long time, but Anna never opened the door. She finally got the spare key from under the matress and went inside. Anna was on the floor, sleeping with her headphones on at full vloume.


"Anna, Anna, wake up." Rachel shook her awake. Anna's eyes were puffy. "You were crying weren't you?"


"No." Anna said defensively but Rachel knew it was a lie. She aslo knew the reason and that reason was Nick.


"Ok. Anyway, here I bought you this." Rachel handed her a bag which contained blonde hair dye and green contacts. "Do this today and remember you have to look for an apartment. Gotta go, I was being followed. I lost them but they might find me here and I don't want to blow your new cover. We'll only be able to contact each other by phone, so call me whenever you can."


"I will." She gave Rachel a big hug. "Let's get this case closed, I can't be away from my best friend for too long." They both smiled and Rachel left.


Anna was left alone with her thoughts. She still couldn't believe Nick would do something like that. At least not out of pure evilness. "It could have been self defense.But why would Larios write that note. Out of spite? That has to be it."


Anna knew that if Nick ever got caught, his best choice was to say it was self defense. She also knew that the note could be what would chose his fate. That one piece of paper could put him in jail for the rest of his life.


There was a violent knock on the door. Anna grabbed her gun from fear it might be one of the drug people, but it was Nick. She opened the door and Nick surprised her with a hug.


"Thank goodness you're here. I need help, I need to get out of the city, help me Anna. I did something stupid."

Chapter Ten by Carter
Anna let Nick come in.


“Oh gosh what do I do now? Should I call Rachel and tell her Nick is here or should I just keep him here?” she thought. So many things were running through her mind. She couldn’t even think straight.


“Will you help me Anna?” Nick asked.


“Okay Nick I’ll help you,” she replied,” What am I doing? Nick killed Larios! Maybe he didn’t? Shouldn’t be doing this, but just look at him? He’s so beautiful,” Anna thought again.


“Thank you so much Anna,” he hugged her, “You don’t know how much you are helping me,”


“Oh believe me I do,” she mumbled.


“What did you say?”


“Nothing,”


“I didn’t interrupt you or anything did I?”


“Well sort of. I was just about to dye my hair and look for a new apartment up town,” she said.


“Oh okay. Well I’ll let you go and do your thing first, then we can go. I’ll just hang out in your room,” he smiled. Anna nodded her head and watched Nick walk into her room. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but she liked him to much she just didn’t want to see him get hurt. She walked into the bathroom and took out the blonde hair dye and green contacts that Rachel had given her.


-Jive Headquarters-



“Sir Nick has ran. He’s no where to be found,”


“Well find him dammit! I want him here by Friday dead or alive. I don’t care!,” he yelled.


“Okay sir. We’ll send John out. What about that damn cop?” he asked.


“Ask her if she would like to join our little operation. We could use a girl around here,” he replied.


“Okay sir. We’ll do that. I am going to go and talk to John now. I am sure Nick is getting ready to leave the city. But we’ll have him by Friday Mr. Larios,”


“Good, good Mr. Taylors,”


Mr. Taylors walked into the other room. And saw John Harrison sitting at a near by table playing cards with some of their people.


“John Mr. Larios would like you to go find this man,” he pulled out a picture of Nick,” His name is Nick Carter. He owes boss money. You also need to find this girl,” he pulled out another picture from his pocket of Rachel,” Her name is Rachel Green. He wants her to join our little operation. You think you can handle this?”


“Yes I am sure I can. This is an easy task. When does he want Nick?”


“He wants him by Friday dead or alive,”


“Okay I am on by way,” John walked out of the headquarters out to find Nick.


-Police Station-



“Is Weathers going to be okay?” Sam asked.


“Yes she will be. Everything is going good. I gave her the stuff earlier today. She is also going to look for a new apartment we well,” Rachel explained.


“Okay good. I just hope we can catch Nick before he sells again,”


“Well I am sure Nick will come around Anna’s place sooner or later. Anna knows to call us id he is with her,”


“Okay good. We’ll have the bastard soon,”


-Anna’s House-


“Okay Nicky I am done with my hair. We can get going,” Nick came out of the bathroom and saw the now blonde hair green eyed girl standing before him.


“Ooo me like very much,” Nick walked over to her and lightly kissed her on the lips. Feeling Nick’s lips against hers made her want him even more.


“We better get going Nick,” Anna said pulling out of the kiss.


“Yea we should,” Anna grabbed her keys.


“Wait! Here wear this,” Anna tossed him a baseball cap.


“Thanks!”


“No problem,” They soon walked out the door and got into Anna’s car and drove off.

Chapter Eleven by Carter
Chapter written by Veronica


~Police Station~


It was already getting dark but Rachel hadn't gone home yet. She was in her office reading when Sam entered.


"Hey Rach, what are you still doing here? You've been off duty for two hours."He questioned.


"Just finishing up some paper work."


Sam smiled at her, "I don't think reading a romance novel counts as work."


She looked up at Sam. "Ok, the thruth is that, I'm being followed. I know I'm trained and I can take care of myself, but I'm a little afraid."


"Let me guess, Jive people?"


Rachel nodded, "The problem is, I don't know when they started following me. Was it right after I arrested Brent. Because if they did, then they could have seen you and Anna. This whole thing can be undone if that's when they started.


"When did you notice them?"


"Well, I went home and I got some money. After that, when I went to the car to go to Anna's, that's when I noticed them?"


"If that was the first time you noticed them, chances are that's when they started watching you. That also means they know where you live... Well, I can take you home if you want Rach. Rossos can set something up, get some of the guys to watch over you. But in the meantime, I can be your personal body guard."


"Thanks Sam, but don't forget you can't be seen by them. They can't know you're a cop." Sam sighed. "I can't stay here forever." Rachel said as she stood.


"Be careful, Rach." He said as she walked out.


~Back to Anna~


Anna and Nick sat wating for their food to arrive. Nick couldn't keep his eyes off her. "So why the change?"


She couldn't tell him the thruth, as much as she wanted to be honest, she couldn't. "I needed a change. Sometimes life can get boring, you know, I needed to spice things up." She laughed. "I'd make a great actress." she thought to herself. "So, which look do you like better?" She struck a pose for Nick.


"I don't know. You're just beautiful all the time." They both smiled. Nick grabbed her hand and held it.


"So, what did you do? Why do you need to leave?" She asked even though she already knew the reason.


"I rather not tell you. It's safer for you not to know anything."He looked at her for sometime. "Anna, if you ever find out what I did, you'll hate me and I don't want that."


Their food arrived. They ate in silence. Both thinking about their present situation. Anna had no idea what to do. Nick was the man the police were looking for. She should arrest him right now, but couldn't. "What to do?"she thought to herself "I can't honestly take him out of the city. Can I?"


~Rachel's House~


Rachel was getting an awkward vibe as she approached her home. She noticed there was no one following her, "That's strange." she said aloud. She got out of her car and opened the door. As soon as she entered she was pulled by someone. The lights turned on. She struggled but the person only held her tighter.


"Calm down." She heard a male voice say. "I'm not going to kill you, for now."


"What do you want?" Rachel asked breathlessly.


"You..." Rachel didn't understand what he meant. "I think you know who I am." He let her go. Rachel turned to see that it was John Harrison. "We think you could be very useful to us."


"What does that mean?"


"Look, we know you're a cop. We could use someone like you in the Jive organization."


"Who sent you?"


He wasn't about to tell her that Larios was alive. "My boss."


"Who would that be?"


"I'm not answering. You need to answer me. Will you come to our side?"


"No. I would never do that."


John grabbed her again. "You really have no choice. Either you do or you die and we don't want that do we? Besides by looking at your house and that car you drive you can use the money."


It was true. Rachel was in desperate need of money. But could she do that? Could she become a corrupt cop? Her desicion could make or break her.

Chapter Twelve by Carter
AN: This part deals with a lot useage of the f word i thought i would just warn you...


Anna and Nick were finally done eating.


“So where to now?” She asked.


“Anywhere but here,”


“You got it,” They walked out of the restaurant. Nick looked to his right and saw Mr. Larios’ right hand man John Harrison. He was eating a burger with Rachel.


“Uh Anna can we hurry? I would like to go now,” Nick panicked.


“What’s wrong Nick? You sound a little scared there. Nick tell me what’s wrong!” She demanded.


“Anna I… I can’t. Maybe later, but you just can’t tell anyone when I tell you okay. Please just promise me,”


“I promise Nick, I promise,” Anna and Nick hurried to the car. Nick quickly glanced behind him they were still there. But he couldn’t figure out why.


“Why is Rachel with John? Is he keeping her hostage until they get me? Or are they going to kill her? I wonder if Brent knows wait a second Brent is in jail. Dammit! What do I do,” Nick asked himself over and over. He is trapped in this big mess and can’t seem to get himself out of it. Anna notices Nick was a little tense. She knew something was wrong but what was it though?


“Nick are you SURE you’re okay?” Anna asked again.


“Yes, I am sure. My brain just isn’t thinking right now,” he smiled.


“I am just worried about you,”


“I am fine Anna. Please don’t worry let’s just get out of here,”


“Okay Nicky,” Anna turned on the car and looked in her rear view mirror and saw a familiar face. It was Rachel. She was with another guy.


“I wonder who Rachel is with? I knew it isn’t Sam or Mr. Rossos. Who could it be? I just hope she isn’t doing something stupid,” Anna thought.


-Rachel & John-


“So does this mean you’ll come and join us?”


“Do I really have a choice? I don’t understand one thing though. How am I supposed to sell them while I am a cop?” she confusedly asked. She didn’t know what she was getting herself into. She did need the money, but was this REALLY the best way to do it?


“Mr. Larios will tell you…”


“Mr. Larios is dead. We found a note saying Nick was a threat and there was blood on it,” Rachel explained.


“Wait Mr. Larios faked is own death. That means Nick is innocent! Bit why would he do that?” She questioned.


He faked his own death. Especially after he saw you arrest Brent. He just didn’t want to take any chances. Now we’re looking for Nick,”


“Why Nick?”


“He owes him some drug money. Nick ran like a little baby after Brent got arrested. We think he went off with your friend Anna is her name?” Rachel knew she couldn’t give Anna’s ‘new’ identity away. She had to think of something quick.


“No, her name was Pamela. She couldn’t be with Nick anyway. They didn’t work out,” she lied.


“You’re lying!” he yelled.


“ N… no I’m not,” John grabbed a hold of Rachel’s arm and dragged her to the back of the restaurant where no one would see them.


“Don’t fuck with me Rachel Green! You’re fucking lying and I know you fucking are. So tell me the god damn truth now!” he screamed.


“I don’t want to rat Anna out she has been my best friend forever. How can I just go and do this to her? It would crush her! What have I gotten myself into? Either I tell or I die!” she yelled at herself in her head. She was just so overly angry with herself.


“You better tell me now or else,”


“Alright, alright I’ll tell you. Her name is Anna Weathers she lives in an apartment down town. Meadows Apartments to be exact. Building D 3rd floor Apartment 6. She still lives there I can’t tell you anything about Nick,” she confessed.


“Thank you for confessing Ms. Green. I am beginning to think this was a good idea,” he smiled.


“I just hope I am doing the right thing,” Rachel mumbled to herself.

Chapter Thirteen by Carter
Written By Veronica



Anna drove off not really knowing where she was headed...all she knew was that Nick wanted to get out of the city. It was awful quite until Nick broke the silence.


"So, what's the real reason you changed your look?"


"What do you mean? I told you already."


"Anna, tell me the truth."


'The truth?' Anna thought to herself. 'How can tell you the truth?'


"How about you tell me what's really going on." Like she didn't know. "And while you're at it you can tell me where you want to go...cause I just can't keep driving to nowhere."


Nick sat back in his seat and put his hand on his forehead. "God! I don't know...I don't know what to do or where to go."


"Look...um..there's a motel up the road...we can stay there for tonight...and tomorrow we'll figure something out OK?"


He looked at her profile as she drove. "You're so amazing Anna." He told her and then began to think. "I can't believe I got you involved in this...if anything happens to you, I'd kill myself."


Anna parked the car. As she opened the door Nick held her back. "Anna...I'll stay here, you go back home and I'll figure out something on my own...it's better that way."


"Nick, I'm already in this...and I want to stay with you and help you." Tears started to fill her eyes." I don't want anything to happen to you. I can't go back home and wait...wait to hear that you got killed or arrested."


"Don't worry Anna." He leaned into her and kissed her gently on the lips. "I just gotta lay low for a few days, until I can get out of the state...head to the West coast, maybe Cali."


She only smiled.


They got out of the car and walked into the motel's main office.


"Two rooms please." She looked into her purse for a credit card. She was all too grateful at Sam for providing her fake documents and id for her. But she couldn't let Nick see them, or he'd start to suspect.


"There's only one room left."


"Okay, that's fine."


"Cash or---" The clerk was interrupted by Anna.


"Credit card." She answered. "Hey Nick, I forgot my sweater in the car...can you get it for me?" Anna asked as she handed him the keys and he happily left. She handed the card to the young man behind the desk. A card that belonged to Cynthia Banks, her new identity.


"What am I getting myself into?...I shouldn't be doing this but...I can't leave him...I just can't"


~Anna's Apartment~


Rachel and Harrison walked up to Anna's apartment.


"What are we doing here?" She asked nervously.


"You're going to find out if she knows anything about Nick...you're her friend right?"


"Yeah...but I can't go in there and start talking about Nick...I mean what am I gonna say...hey do you know where Nick is...because I know some drug lords that are looking for him"


Harrison grabbed Rachel's neck "Don't get all smart ass with me. I don't like that...you're going to find out where he is...that's your job for now, got it?"


Rachel nodded as she struggled to breathe. He let go.


"I don't think she's home, it's dark in there." She said breathlessly.


"Knock" Harrison said firmly.


She did so, for some time, but still no answer. "I told you she wasn't home." She said with some relief in her voice.


"Then we'll just have to come back tomorrow." Harrison had the last word.

Chapter Fourteen by Carter
It was the next morning and Nick woke up. He had forgotten where he was for a split second and realized he was in a motel room with Anna by his side. He turned over and lightly kissed her shoulder. She awoke turning over.


“Hey good morning beautiful,”



“Good morning what time is it?” she asked.


“Just after 10”


“Man, we must have been tired,” she giggled.


“Yea, I guess we were.” Nick smiled. “Should I tell her? It has been 24 hours since John has been looking for me. She should know shouldn’t she? I mean she is only fair. I already brought her into it. She should know right?” Nick pondered to himself.


“Nick what are you thinking? You look like you have something on your mind,”


“Just something.” He replied.


“Tell me. I am listening,”


“Anna I don’t know if I should even tell you! You might hate me or even leave me for all I know. I don’t wanna risk losing you over what I have to tell you,” Nick said.


“Nicky please just tell me! I want to know everything. I love you. I don’t wanna see you get hurt just as much as you don’t wanna see me get hurt. Maybe I can help you. Please just tell me.” Anna begged. She already knew of course what was going on, but she wanted to hear it from Nick and only Nick not from Rachel. She knew she had to tell Nick the REAL reason why she dyed her hair and got a new name, but he should know.


“Anna I REALLY don’t know if I can tell you. It’s really bad. What about you? You completely changed. Is there anything going on with you that I should know about? I saw the card Cynthia Banks? Why did you change your name Anna why?” Nick questioned.


“Nick….I ….alright. I am not who you think I am. Please you HAVE to trust me! Please say you will trust me?”


“Anna I trust you…”


“Remember when I told you I worked for Pearlman Inc. Well I don’t. I work for the police department. I am an undercover cop. I work for Jared Rossos. We have been following Mr. Larios for some time now. And when Brent came up you were there too. Nick I am sorry if you are angry you have every right to be mad at me,” she explained. Nick couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Anna lied to him? He was also lying to her, but all this time he thought she was being truthful.


“I don’t even need to explain myself. Anna I am soo sorry I even lied to you even though you knew everything. But why did you? Why did you lie to me?” he asked.


“Nick I couldn’t just tell you I was an undercover cop. Rachel is too. That’s why she went with Brent in the first place!”



“What? Rachel is one too? Why was she with John?”


“John? Who in the hell is John?”


“John Harrison? He is Mr. Larios’ right hand man for everything,” he replied.


“That’s who she was with the other day at the restaurant!”


“Yes, that was him alright. Anna listen….I am not mad at you really I am not. I wouldn’t blame you for lying to me. But I do have ONE question though. Why? Why haven’t you turned me in?”


“Nick, I love you. I can’t turn you in. I think you are innocent.”


“Innocent for what?”


“Larios is dead. He said you did it Nick.”


“I did no such thing. Anna we need to find Rachel and get her away from John before something worse happens,” Nick stated.


“You’re right Nick”


-Anna’s Apartment next day-


Rachel and John went over to Anna’s apartment bright and early. She didn’t see Anna’s car. She knew she wouldn’t anyway.


“So where is she?” John asked.


“I don’t know. She hasn’t called me!” she yelled.


“Don’t get that tone of voice with me where in the hell is she!”


“John! I honestly don’t know! She keeps a spare key under the mat,”


John walked over to the mat and lifted it up and there was a key. “Good girl now let’s go in,” John unlocked Anna’s apartment and they walked in. It was quiet no noise. John turned on the lights and he found a note written on the table.


Rachel,


If you ever come back here just to check on me I am gone. Nick came and we left together. I don’t know where we are going we are just going to be free. I have changed my name, but I am sorry I can not tell you. I don’t know when I will be back I will just come back whenever… I will miss you dearly



-Anna


“What kind of shit is this? Where is she?” John yelled.


“Didn’t you read the note John? She is with Nick who knows where they could be now!”


“ Well you better fucking find them before I do!”

Chapter Fifteen by Carter
Written by Veronica


John grabbed Rachel by the hair. "I'll kill both of them when if find them, then I'll kill you. No one lies to John Harrison. He threw her on the floor. Rachel's phone rang. She didn't know whether she should answer or not. Could it be Anna? "What are you waiting for?" He asked impatiently



She looked at the number, it was a pay phone. "Hello?"


"Rachel, it's me, Anna."


"Oh, hey Rossos"


"You're not alone are you?" She asked.


"No, I don't know anything about Nick."


"You're with John Harrison, I know. Why are you with him Rachel?"


"Rossos, I don't know anything. Call me later, I'm busy." She hung up on Rachel. "Just the boss...Harrison, I'll try to contact Anna, but don't hurt her, she was just doing her job."


Harrison licked his lips. "I'll give you two days."


Two days? Could she do that to her best friend? If she didn't her life was in danger. But she was a cop, her life was always in danger. "To Serve and Protect" that was their motto.


**************************************************


"She hung up." Anna told Nick. Something strange was going on.


"She didn't tell you why she was with John."


Anna shook her head. But there had to be a reasonable explanation for it. Maybe she infiltrated the drug ring. Wouldn't have John recognized her? Anna knew Rachel hadn't changed her looks, maybe John didn't remember her.


"You're not thinking she went corrupt do you?" Nick asked her.


She looked at him defensively. "No...Rachel would never do that. She loves her job." Now the seed of doubt had set in Anna's mind. Rachel had seemed pretty friendly with John. No, if that was the case, Rachel would have given her away over the phone.


"We need to get to her Nick. We need to help her get away from Harrison....She wouldn't talk because he was there...she isn't corrupt. She's in danger, I know it."

Chapter Sixteen by Carter
Anna and Nick walked around the little motel room that they will be staying at for the next couple of days.


“How are we going to get Rachel away from Harrison? I don’t feel like getting myself killed!” Anna exclaimed.


“Anna please calm down…I know we have to worry about Rachel, bit she is a cop right? Can’t she take care of herself?”


“Rachel could possibly take care of herself, but I am her best friend and I HAVE to help her out Nick. It is only right if I do. You have to help me…” she begged. Nick sat there and sighed. Rachel was Anna’s best friend but how were they going to get Rachel back without getting someone killed.


“Fine. I will help you. We need a plan though. Why don’t you go to the police department and I think I will stay here keep the doors locked and think of something up,” Nick explained.


“Alright that sounds good. Nick I have decided I am going to tell the department you are in custody of me and you haven’t done anything wrong. They won’t know where you at- I promise. Just stay here leave the curtains closed and keep the doors locked. I will see you in a couple of hours,” She lightly gave Nick a kiss on the lips and grabbed her purse and she was on her way.


“How are we going to get Rachel back? I could just turn myself in to Mr. Larios but will I ever live to see Anna again? Probably not there has to be away I know there just has to be! How would I be able to get $6,000? That’s all I need to do! Yes now what can I do?” Nick pondered his thoughts aloud on ways to get Rachel back, but the question is…. is would they work?


***


Meanwhile Anna drove to work as usual when she looked in the rearview mirror and she looked like she was being followed she turned into an alley-bad idea. Just to her luck her car started to smoke and it soon stopped in the middle of the alley. She saw the car behind her come to a stop and two men stepped out. And started to walk towards the car. Anna locked all the doors to the car.


“Let us in or we’re coming in to get you!” the man yelled.


“Than come and fucking get me!” She screamed back. One of the men went back to the car and grabbed a crow bar. Anna started to reach for her cell phone but quickly realized it was still at the hotel room,” Shit! Today just isn’t my fucking day” the men came back and bashed the bar into the window and it broke. They unlocked the rest of the doors. Anna quickly unbuckled her seat belt and tried to get out the other man stood right there and grabbed her before she could even set her foot out of the car.


“Let me go! Let me go dammit!” she screamed. They ignored her. She slapped the guy in the face he only fought back by punching her in the face she instantly went unconscious

Chapter Seventeen by Carter
Written by Veronica


Nick paced back and forth in the room. He looked out the window, the sun was about to set and he hadn't heard from Anna the whole day. Earlier he tried calling her cell phone, but found it was under the bed. He had no idea how to contact her.



"Should I call the department?" He asked himself. He didn't have to tell him who he was. "Yeah, I should do that?" He dialed the number.



A receptionist answered. "How may I help you?"



Nick took a deep breath. "I'm looking for officer Weathers, Anna Weathers."



"Hold please." The human voice disappeared replaced by PA's.



When someone finally answered it wasn't who he was expecting. "May I ask who this is?"



"I'm Sam Taylor. Who am I speaking to?"



Should he just tell him? Anna would bail him out of this one. "I'm Nick Carter, the one you're looking for. But I'm not calling to confess to anything. I know why you're looking for me and I can tell you I didn't kill Larios....Anna and I...I guess you could say she helped me hide. But she hasn't contacted me and I'm getting worried."



Sam didn't know why, but he believed Nick. "I'm worried too. I have no word of Anna or Rachel for the past 3 days."



"The last time I saw Anna, it was in the morning. She was headed to the department and..."



Taylor interrupted Nick. "She hasn't been here...Look Nick, I believe you when you say you didn't kill Larios...tell me where you're at. I wont arrest you, I think you could help me find Anna. "



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Anna woke up in some place dark. She tried to get up, but realized she was tied to a chair. While she wondered where she was at a door in front of her opened. One of the men who had kidnapped her entered. He turned on the light. Behind him came the man that she had seen with Rachel, Harisson.



"How are we doing?" John asked calmly. When she didn't answer him he told her he didn't like spoiled women. He motioned one man and said,"Bring her in."



Rachel walked in and to her surprise saw her best friend beaten and tied up. "Anna?" Rachel took one look at Harrison and knew what she had to do. Rachel slowly knelt in front of Anna. "Anna, where's Nick."



Anna shook her head. "No. Don't tell you're in on this. Tell me it's part of the UC."



With sorrow in her voice Rachel told her the truth. "Tell me where's Nick or we'll both die."



She couldn't tell her where Nick was. She wouldn't. If they had to kill her, then so be it.

Chapter Eighteen by Carter
Sam arrived at the motel 6 where Nick and Anna were staying. Nick heard the knock on the door.


“Who is it?”


“Sam…Sam Taylor” Nick looked thorough the peep hold on the door and then slowly opened the door,” Hey Nick have you figured out where Anna and Rachel are yet?” Sam asked.


“Yea, I think the old warehouse in downtown Tampa I believe or it’s the Jive Headquarters basement. I think that’s where we should look there first but we would need some back up that place is going to be loaded with Larios’ people…and if anything happened to Anna I wouldn’t b able to live with myself,” Nick explained. Sam pondered to himself for a second.


“All right here’s the plan I’ll send some men to the old warehouse in Tampa then I’ll go with some back up to the Jive Headquarters.”


“I want to go Sam”


“Nick I can’t its too risky”


“Sam you have to…I could get Anna back and Rachel please let me go!”


“All right we’ll give you some back up with a bullet proof vest and you can go…if it helps us get Anna and Rachel back” Sam said.


“Thanks Sam”


***


“Anna, please you HAVE to tell John and Mr. Larios where Nick is…I swear he is going to kill us if I don’t tell him!” Rachel exclaimed.


“Rachel, I can’t all right? I am falling for Nick and I can’t…I can’t tell you where he is at I am sorry I couldn’t live with myself if anything happened to Nick”


“Anna! You might not be living if you don’t fucking tell me where he is!” Rachel yelled.


“Rachel what has gotten into you? You…you are acting like you are one of them”


“Nothing is wrong with me…I…I just don’t want to die”


“Rachel something is wrong if you tell me I … I will tell you where Nick is” Anna couldn’t believe she was going to do this.


“You REALLY want to know the truth? The truth is…I am apart of this little operation. John and Larios made me…I swear and another little secret Larios faked his death and Nick just owes $6,000 to Larios and they would like it”


“I guess a deal is a deal Nick is at the Motel 6 on west 11th” she lied.


“Thank you for cooperating Anna we really appreciate it “ Rachel started to walk away then turned around,” We’ll take good care of you Anna boys take her to the basement”


“Rachel? Rachel? Please come on ahh! I can’t believe you would turn on me us our friendship?” Anna didn’t see Rachel anymore only two tall guys, ”Rachel?”


“Rachel can’t help you anymore you are in our hands Ms. Weathers”


“I wish Nick were here” she thought.


***


“All right the guys just called in and said they just saw Rachel and Larios go outside and get into a car but no sign of Anna we have to go in Nick are you sure you are ready for this?” Sam asked Nick.


“I guess as ready as I will ever be”


“All right let’s go” Sam and Nick drove down to the Jive Headquarters,” You still ready for this?”


“Totally”


“Okay we will be here waiting for you to give us the signal and we’ll go on and help you out okay?”


“Okay”



“You remember the signal?”


“Sure do”



“Okay good luck Nick”


“Thanks I will be needing it” Nick got out of the car and headed into the building.


***


“Anna where is Nick? He checked out of the hotel. Where the fuck is he?” Rachel yelled as she came storming into the basement.


“How in the fuck should I know? I am NOT there now am I?” she said giving Rachel an attitude.


“Don’t give me an attitude now tell me where is Nick?”


“I am telling you I DO NOT know where Nick is…he must of left to come and find me” Rachel walked closer and slapped her across the face.


“Tell me now”


“I don’t fucking know!!!” Anna yelled. Rachel reached behind her back and pulled out a gun and pointed it towards Anna,” Rachel come on this is NOT the way to solve things come on please just put the gun down” Anna pleaded.


“No! Not until you tell me” she slowly started to pull the trigger.


“No Rachel!” Rachel turned around and saw Nick standing there.


“What are you doing here?”


“Saving Anna from you”


“Well you are just a little too late Mr. Carter…wait I think I have a better idea how about I just kill you first and then her?” Rachel suggested.


“Guys I need some back up please!” Nick exclaimed.


“Awe poor little Nicky has to call in for back up well I think they are just a little too late” Rachel soon pointed the gun at Nick and pulled the trigger.


“Nick!” Anna screamed. Nick went down,” Nick are you alive? Nick can you hear me? Nick!” Anna yelled no answer was spoken from Nick,” Look what you have done Rachel! You killed Nick you are such a selfish little bitch!” Anna yelled once again.


“Awe your little boy toy is gone whatever shall you do now? I know how about you go with him?”


“Not so fast Green” it was Sam Taylor.


“Sam! It is so good to see you help me please”


“Gladly Weathers. Rachel please just put the gun down and we’ll work out a deal”


“Never” Rachel started to pull the trigger but someone else had fired their gun before Sam could get his out.


“Nick! Your alive!” Nick showed Anna the vest.


“I am so happy you are alive” Nick ran over to Anna and untied her.


“God I thought you would be dead by now” Nick said in-between hugs and kisses.


“No Mr. Larios faked his death I…I don’t know where he is”


“Don’t worry Weathers we got him and as for you Green you are under the arrest for attempted murder of Anna Weathers and Nickloas Carter you have the right to remain silence and anything you say or do will be held in the court of law and you have the right to an attorney”


“I know my damn rights get these things off of me!” Rachel yelled as they took her away on a stretcher.


“Today has been quite a day” Nick chuckled.


“I agree how about we go home?”


“Sounds good to me” Anna and Nick walked out of the Jive Headquarters hand in hand to now embark on a new found relationship.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7009