Even Forever Can't Last Long Enough by Backstreet_Girl
Summary: Mary thinks she has forever to find the guy of her dreams. So far none of the guys she's been with have met her 'standards' Then she meets a familiar man...Can she fall in love or is it just a fling?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content, Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1053 Read: 2154 Published: 03/21/06 Updated: 03/22/06

1. Chapter One by Backstreet_Girl

2. Chapter Two by Backstreet_Girl

Chapter One by Backstreet_Girl
I lay on my bench out back and then I heard my sliding glass door open. I sit up and it's my Best Friend since 7th grade Sarah. She's always dropping by with good or bad news. But she looked particularily happy today.

"EEEEK!! MARY!!" She was waving something around in her hands and it was small...I didn't know what it was. She ran to me and she gave me it. It was two tickets.
"Sarah what is this?"
"Tickets to something you love!"
"What?" I turned it over, it was to a Backstreet Boy concert. I looked up at her and gave her it back and laid back down. She hit my leg. "Ow..." I sat back up.
"What's wrong with you? You love these guys!"
"Yeah when I was like 14 Sarah. News flash I'm 24 now hun." She looked mad.
"YOU STILL HAVE ALL OF THEIR CRAP!" She hit me on the side of the head.
"And???" I rubbed my head and looked at her. "Not like I listen to them anymore." I laid back down again and she looked at me and ripped the tickets up.
"They're coming here to Chicago for a reunion thing and I thought you'd like to go for your birthday...since I know you still love AJ dearly."
"Yeah I do, but I don't know what he's done while they've been gone. Or if he is with anyone. I feel like the only thing I know about him is his birthday."
"And the time he was born." She smiled at me and sat back on the bench. "Ready for tomorrow? Miss. 25!" I stood up and did a cartwheel. I couldn't wait to be 25. It was a good age...just right. AJ was about 39 now I guess. I still loved him like I did when I was 15 but he's still a BSB no matter how I look at him. I would like to go to the reunion but it's time to move on. I went inside and Sarah followed me.
"Starbucks? Meet me here at 10:00 ok and we'll go." Sarah and I love starbucks!! It always gets us all hyper!
"Alright see you then." She gave me a hug and she left. Glad Sarah and I are still good friends.
Chapter Two by Backstreet_Girl
"Just a hot chocolate please." I told the woman and Sarah got the same thing. I wasn't in the mood for the real stuff. I just broke it off with my ex last night. He cheated on me. It reminded me so much of The Call. It was exactly like that too. Sarah and I sat down on this couch inside and drank up our hot chocolate. I looked at her and she was wearing her charm bracelet. It would clink everytime she moved. It was funny after awhile and she knew why I was laughing. We heard the bells to the door and Sarah looked. I didn't. She didn't move again...the only thing moving was her head. She grabbed a hole of my arm tight. "Oww! Sarah let go of my arm!" She hit my face and I looked. Standing there was AJ. I dropped my hot chocolate. He looked at me and I looked Sarah. And got down and used my napkin. He bent down next to me and gave me some more. I took them without looking in his face. I wiped it up and we both got up at the same time. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"You should be more careful, that hot chocolate is dangerous." He laughed and went back to the counter. I threw away the napkins and sat back down with Sarah. My hand was shaking and I looked at it.

"I knew you stil had feelings for AJ! You just hid them while with your bastard of an ex!" I stared at Sarah and she smiled. She was right I knew in my heart. AJ sat in a chair by the door. Sarah and I decided to go, being in his presence freaked us out a bit. While walking by him I dropped my sunglasses. I walked outside and he followed us. I turned around.
"Yes?" I asked him.

"You dropped your glasses ma'm." He handed them to me. I took them from him.
"Thanks." Sarah tugged on my arm but I didn't move. His smile was WAY to pretty. It was like a spell for me. And Sarah was hypnotised by it because of her Nick fanaticism.
"You're welcome. What's your name?" He put his hands in his pockets.
"Mary." I shook his hand and I saw out of the corner of my eye of Sarah getting in the car. "And you are?" I asked the MOST STUPIDEST question alive! But then maybe he wou;d try and win me over. I was laughing inside but not on the outside.
"I'm Alex." Aww...He used his real name. "But you can call me AJ."
"Nice name." I smirked innocently at him.
"You know who I am don't you?" He caught onto my plan.
"I don't know what you are talking about." I smiled and turned around. He grabbed my shoulder and I turned back around slowly. I removed his hand from my shoulder. "Don't you have a reunion to play today?" He laughed.
"I KNEW YOU DID!" I opened the car door from behind me and got in. "Wait." He stopped the door from shutting.
"Yeah."
"Can I have your number?" He flipped his phone open with one hand. I took it from him and gave him my cell number. I gave it back to him.
"You can only call if..." He looked at me and leaned against the door. "You bring Nick for my bud here." Sarah gasped. "I owe it to her since she ripped up the tickets she got me for my birthday today. It was nice gift and I never thanked her."
"Alright deal, oh and happy birthday Mary." He shut the door for me. Sarah and I looked at each other and we screamed slightly...ok we just screamed.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7358