Forbidden Love by Poster_Girl
Summary: Harry and Ginny Potter's daughter, Kristin Lillian Potter, meets Joshua Andrew Malfoy, Draco's son, on the train to Hogwarts.




Categories: Fanfiction > Movies > Harry Potter Characters: Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7559 Read: 21956 Published: 04/18/06 Updated: 03/06/08

1. The First Meeting by Poster_Girl

2. Chapter 2 by Poster_Girl

3. "But Daddy, I Love Him." by Poster_Girl

4. "WHY?" by Poster_Girl

5. "It's time for you to listen father..." by Poster_Girl

6. Someday somebody's going to by Poster_Girl

7. Ask You A Question by Poster_Girl

8. That You Should.... by Poster_Girl

9. Say Yes To... by Poster_Girl

The First Meeting by Poster_Girl
“But dad….” Kristin stopped when she saw the look on her parents’ faces.

“No buts Kristin. Your mother and I have already explained why we can’t go on the train with you. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” Harry told his eleven year old daughter who was completely frightened by the fact her parents wouldn't go with her,

“But what if nobody likes me?” She asked.

“They’ll love you. Hogwarts is the best magic school there is. And Hannah and Keylee and Benji are going to be there. You’ll be fine.” He said again.

“We’d better get her on the train Harry. It’s leaving in fifteen minutes.” Ginny told her husband.

The three nervous but excited Potters boarded the train and went in search of a compartment for Kristin to sit in during the journey.

The train was full of first years that looked as if they wanted to be anywhere else in the world besides on a train to a place they had never been to before in their lives. There were also returning students who looked as thought they were going home. More than a few of the parents on board helping their children went to school with Harry so they waved or called out to him.

Halfway through the train they ran into Neville and Luna who were helping their eldest daughters, twins Hannah and Keylee, into a compartment that already held four other kids in it.

“Uncle Harry!” shouted Hannah and ran to him and hugged him.

“Hello Hannah. Excited about going to school I see,” Harry told the little girl
who was known to shout when she was excited.

“Yes I am, Uncle Harry.” She said obediently.

“Neville, Luna, how are you?” Ginny asked, happy to see old friends.

“Ready to burst.” Luna said and patted her stomach with a smile as she turned around to face the Potters.

“You look great honey.” Neville said, kissing his wife.

Then Harry turned around to the other twin and asked,” How are you Keylee?"

She was more on the quiet side. She said," I'm a little nervous but am very happy that Hannah and Kristin are here." Harry smiled.

Neville then turned and asked Kristin how she was.

“Scared.” Kristin announced.

“You should have seen me my first day," Neville said. "Neville, I think mine was worse," Harry added. "I couldn't even find the platform!" The girls giggled and Neville continued, "It’ll be okay once you get into your house. Then all the others will become like a family.”

“That’s what daddy told me too.” She turned around and gave her Uncle Neville a big hug.

“We’d better get going; we can’t be late for my appointment.” Luna said to Neville. “Girls,” she addressed her daughters. “You’ll be okay. Be sure to write and we’ll see you at Christmas.” She gave them kisses on the cheek.

“Bye mum and dad.” The girls said simultaneously.

“Bye girls.” Neville said and gave his daughters hugs. He said when he was done, “Harry, Ginny we’ll see you tomorrow night.”

Neville and Luna got off the train, waved to their girls and disapparated.

Harry, Ginny and Kristin made their way through train cars and finally found a compartment for Kristin on the very last car.

They entered the compartment and Harry looked around. The compartment seemed very familiar to him.

“Harry, look!” Ginny said, pointing to the wall next to the window. It had “H~R~H~F~F engraved in small letters.

Kristin walked over and fingered the letters lightly and asked, “What do they mean, daddy?”

“Harry, Ron, and Hermione Forever Friends. Your aunt Hermione did this on our last ride on the Hogwarts Express after our sixth year. This was the compartment we always rode in.” He answered as he lifted his daughter’s trunk up into the luggage rack that he had lifted his own into so long ago. He felt a flood of memories come back but her held all feelings in.

“Well Krissie, your father and I have to get back to Grandma’s before your brother and sister drive her insane.” Ginny told her daughter.

“B….bye mum, bye dad.” Kristin said shakily to her parents.

“Bye sweetheart.” Harry said, kissing the top of his daughter’s head. "You'll be fine," her mother mouthed from the compartment door .

Harry and Ginny stepped off the train just as the wheels began to move. They stayed long enough to wave to their daughter as the train left the station.
They disapparated seconds later, without seeing the person they never wanted to never be near again.
*********************************************************************************************
Kristin watched her parents disappear and sat back and to stare at the passing scenery.

About ten minutes later there was a knock at the door and a boy, who looked to be Kristin's age, stuck his head in the door. “Do you mind if I sit in here with you?”

“No problem,” She said motioning him in.

“Thanks. Nobody else would let me into their compartments.” He said as Kristen helped him lift his trunk into the luggage rack.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

“Joshua, what’s yours?”

“Kristin Lillian. But you can call me Kris or Krissie. It doesn’t matter.”
“Kristin, it’s nice to meet you.” Joshua smiled, for he felt as though he’d just made a new friend.

“It’s nice to meet you too Joshua.” Kristin said, returning the smile.

At first they didn’t know what to do so they sat quietly, both of them staring out the window.

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” Joshua turned toward to and asked.

“Yeah, I do. One of each, they're twins. They just turned three. Do you?”

“I’ll have a baby sister soon. My mum’s about ready to pop.”

“Awesome. My aunt just had another baby. So far she and my mother have three each. They both want more though. And I don't mind because I want more siblings and cousins.”

“Cool.” was Joshua’s reply as they again lapsed into silence.

Kristin reached into her bag and pulled out a sketch pad and pencils. Joshua pulled a book out of his.

She began to work on a sketch of her new baby cousin Faith that was almost finished. She was going to give it to her Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron when she was done.

About an hour later, she finished the sketch and sent it off with her owl, Music.

She looked around the compartment for another subject and settled on Joshua.

She decided when she was done she would give it to him.

A few minutes later she was well on her way to a great sketch. He looked up at her and asked, “What are you doing?”

“Drawing you.”

“Why?”

“Because this compartment is small and you were the only interesting subject I could find. Is that alright?”

“Oh. Okay.” He said with a shrug and went back to his book. A little while later an announcement came over the magical intercom system. “All Students:
Change into your school robes. We will be arriving at the Hogsmeade station in ten minutes.”

Kristin asked Joshua to leave the compartment so she could change and he complied. She did the same when she was done dressing so he could change into his robes.

She put her sketch pad and pencils and Joshua his book, away just as they pulled into the Hogsmeade station.

She and Joshua, along with Krystal and Keylee and the rest of the first years, followed the call of, “Firs’ years ov'r 'ere!” And found themselves at the edge of the Black Lake standing in front of Hagrid.

The four of them got into a boat together and the girls screamed when the boats began to move magically on their own after the first years were all seated.

Fortanately, they made it into the Great Hall and stood silently in front of the teachers’ table, awaiting the Sorting.

“What do you reckon we have to do to get into our Houses?” Joshua whispered.

“Two of my uncles tried to get me to believe that we had to wrestle a troll but when I asked my mum and dad about it they told me all you have to do is put a hat on your head and after it’ll tell you where you belong.”

Professor Urban (who in addition to being Head of Slytherin House, was in charge of the Sorting) stood up and called out, “Aubrey, Abbygail.” And she became a Hufflepuff.

They got to Krystal and Keylee Longbottom rather quickly in Kristin’s mind.
They were put in Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

When the next name (Malfoy, Joshua) was called out, everything changed for Kristin. How was it that the first friend she made at Hogwarts was a Malfoy? According to her parents, all Malfoys were evil, but Joshua had been nothing but nice to her. She shook out of her trance to see where he was sorted into. He was put in Slytherin.

“Potter, Kristin” was called and Joshua’s gasp was heard throughout the Great Hall. How was it that the first friend he made at Hogwarts was a Potter? His father had told him that all Potters were enemies, but Kristin had been nothing but nice to him. She was a Gryffindor.

It was common knowledge that Slytherins and Gryffindors were sworn enemies, but so were the Potters and Malfoys—right?
Chapter 2 by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's taken me so damn long to get this chapter up--I've been away at Magical Camp Land (thanks to Fren for letting me borrow that phrase) and had almost NO time to myself. I'm getting back into gear now and it's just gonna get better.
Time passed slowly for Kristin. Although she made friends with the people in her own house as well as others she missed Joshua. She found that funny--how could you miss someone you hardly knew?

Kristin was sitting on her bed; it was just before lunch on her fourth Saturday at Hogwarts, writing a letter to her Aunt Emily.

Aunt Emily,

I’m having a very fun time so far. But I have a problem. I’m going to tell you but you can’t get mad. On the train to school I met a boy, a very nice one. We got along great. During the sorting everything changed. I found out that Joshua (the boy I met) is Draco Malfoy’s son. Daddy told me that all Malfoys are evil but Joshua was very nice to me. What should I do Aunt Emily? I want to be friends with Joshua but I don’t want Daddy to be mad at me for being friends with a Malfoy. HELP!!

Your niece,

Kristin Potter

She rolled up the letter, sealed it with a flick of her wand, shoved it into the pocket of her pink ‘Venice Beach California’ hoodie she’d gotten on holiday in the United States and set off for lunch.

Just as she climbed out of the portrait hole her friend Bethaney Finnigan came running up to her, “Kristin, Joshua’s looking for you again.” Kristin had told Bethaney all about the problem with Joshua being a Malfoy and still wanting to be friends with him.

“Well he’ll just have to keep looking cause I’m still not talking to him,” she replied as they made their was down to the Great Hall.

Just before they reached the Gryffindor table Joshua caught up to them.

“Kristin, Kristin I…”

Kristin cut him off, “Go away Joshua.”

“But Kristin…” Kristin didn’t hear a word he said after that because she had sat down at the Gryffindor table and turned a deaf ear to him.

~~6 Days Later~~

Kristin was anxious. She had sent Music off with the letter to her Aunt six days ago and hadn’t yet returned with a reply.


“Hey Potter!” Merina Jordan, a second year, began. “Isn’t that your owl?”
Kristin looked up and exclaimed, “FINALLY!” and ran to the window and threw it open. Music fluttered in and landed on the arm of the chair Kristin had just been sitting in. Kristin walked over and untied the letter from her leg.

Music affectionately nipped her finger and flew out the window toward the owlery.

Kristin shut the window and sat down to read her Aunt’s letter.

Kristin,

Well, well, well, a bit of trouble in the school system I see. Well as a school heritage it is that the worst enemies are Gryffindor and Slytherin. The worst yet is a Potter and a Malfoy. But let me remind you that you are a Potter and what I know about Potters is that they don’t really follow the rules. Nor did your Uncles Fred and George. Also, I was a Slytherin. And not all of us are bad. Granted most of us are evil, dark and cunning, but some chose to change that tradition. That’s what I did. If you really want to freak him out, tell this Joshua guy that you are related to him by father’s wife’s brother’s aunt’s sister’s son, (which, by the way, you are, I’m pure-blood). Ah the things you’ve never known about your auntie. And here I’ll give you a big secret. On the outside you would never guess that Draco (Joshua’s father) is in debt to your father. But he is. Your father saved Draco’s life. I was there as was you mother, Aunt Hermione, and the twins. But I’ll tell you about that epic battle another time. Well, got to go. I’m running the shop in Hogsmeade, if you have any more questions or problems take the passage Uncle George and I told you about.

Much love,

Aunt Emily

After reading her aunt’s letter she became kind of confused. Her aunt was right---Potters never followed the rules. But should she go as far as breaking her father’s cardinal rule and become friends with a Malfoy?

Over in the Slytherin Common Room Joshua was having the same dilemma as Kristin. He had written to his best muggle friend, Adam, to ask his advice.

Adam’s reply was to do what he wanted to do and not what his father would want him to do. It was Joshua’s life and not Draco’s therefore he (Draco) had no right to dictate what was happening in it.

Kristin and Joshua both sat up late into the night thinking about the replies they had received. Both came to the same conclusion—they were going to break their fathers’ rules and become friends with their family’s most hated enemies.
"But Daddy, I Love Him." by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Kristin and Josh's happy world comes crashing down around their feet when their fathers find out who they're dating.
The last five years had passed rather quickly in Kristin's eyes.

She and Joshua had been inseparable best friends since the day after she had gotten her Aunt Emily's reply to the letter she had written back in first year. They'd been dating since end of fourth year and she loved him with all her heart and more.

Her parents knew she had a boyfriend at Hogwarts but they hadn't yet met him although they had seen pictures and sketches. They also didn't know he was a Malfoy because she hadn't told them and wasn'’t going to.

She and Joshua were sitting in their compartment on the Hogwarts Express on their way back to Kings Cross Station and Joshua had fallen asleep. With the way the sun was shining on him it was the perfect opportunity for a sketch.

Kristin once again pulled out her ever-faithful, ever-present sketch pad and pencils and soon her hand began to fly over the page just as it had shortly after their very first meeting.

A few minutes later Joshua woke with a start. He had just had the worst dream of his entire life. His and Kristin's fathers had found out who they were dating and forbade them to ever see or speak to one another ever again.

"Ugh, Josh! Put your head back down or Im not gonna finish this before we get to KC," Kristin said.


He looked over at his beautiful girlfriend whom he loved with everything he had. Her reddish black (more red than black) hair was shining brilliantly because the sun was shining upon it and she had a twinkle in her eye. "What's the magic word?" he asked playfully.

Crossing her arms Kristin threatened, "If you don't put your head back I'm never gonna kiss you again," even though they both knew it was an empty threat.

"Okay, okay, don't be so harsh," he said putting his head where it had been moments before.

"So," Kristin began. "Mum and dad want to meet you today when we get to the station."

'They do? Why?" he asked in alarm pulling his head back up.

She pointed her finger toward the window as she answered, "Because you're dating their daughter and dad asked me last Hogsmeade weekend when Urban made you stay behind."

"Oh."

"So be prepared. Aunt Emily and Uncle George are going to be there too."

"Cool. I like them."

A short while later Kristin finished what seemed like her millionth sketch of Joshua and stowed her supplies in her tote just as the train pulled into the station.

They gathered their trunks, Music and Fredrick's cages and disembarked from the crowded train. Their parents always picked them up from the muggle side of the station so they made their way through the growing crowd of parents yelling for their children and fellow students yelling goodbyes to friends and yelling for their parents and made it to the barrier.

"Here goes nothin'," Kristin whispered to herself as she stepped through the barrier carrying their owls and waited for Joshua to follow with the trunks.

All of a sudden she heard cries of, "Kristi!!" and was grabbed around the waist by her nine year old twin siblings.

"Hi Bonnie, hi Daniel, I missed you guys."

Joshua came through and stood by her side as her parents and aunt and uncle walked up to them. 'Hi everyone how have you been?'

Everyone replied with the same answer of, "Fine."

"Kristin," he father said.

"Oh! Mum, dad this is Josh. Josh this is my mum and dad. You already know Aunt Emily and Uncle George of course. And these two," she said indicating the two attached to her hips. "are Bonnie and Daniel."

"Hello. It's great to finally meet you," Josh said.

"It's nice to meet you too Josh," Ginny said shaking his hand.

It was as he was shaking Harry's hand that Joshua's recent dream came true. "Joshua! What do you think you're doing???" yelled Draco.

'What are you doing here Malfoy?" Harry asked bitterly. Even saving the guy's life wasn't enough to change Harry's opinion of him.

'Picking up my son, as if it's any of your damn business."

"You'll watch your mouth in front of my children!" he told Draco.

"You're Kristin's father?" he asked. Draco and Kristin had met before and he had been nice to her.

"What's that have to do with anything?" Harry spat.

"I don't want my son dating a Potter, that's what!" turning to Josh he said, "You are never seeing or speaking to that girl ever again!"

Josh kissed a crying Kristin on the cheek and hurried off after his father.

"KRISTIN LILLIAN POTTER!" Harry shouted.

"Harry leave her alone," Ginny said.

"Ginny stay out of this," he hissed as he continued to yell at his crying daughter unaware that the crowded station was turning its attention to them. "You were dating a Malfoy?? What did I tell you?? From this moment on you are no longer allowed to see or speak to him ever again!'

"But daddy," Kristin whispered the only words she'd speak to her father for months. "I love him."
"WHY?" by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this one. I've been having problems and that's been taking time away from my writing. But now those problems are fixed so I'll be updating more often. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for waiting patiently. P.S. Meatballs I hope you like it.
Ginny was tired of watching her eldest daughter mope about the house. Normally by her third week home she was always popping off to sleepovers and had even gone to visit Josh last summer.

Harry was no help. Every time she brought up the subject they’d end up having a huge argument that usually ended with him saying, “It’s what she gets for dating a Malfoy.”

Usually she agreed with him however this time she felt that he gone too far. She liked Joshua and could tell that he was going to take a very different path than his father had.

“Knock, knock,” she said softly as she entered Kristin’s room. “Can I come in?”

“You already are,” Kristin replied coolly.

“Can we talk?”

“Sure.”

“I want to talk about Josh.”

Kristin shot up like a light, “Really? Oh mum, I miss him so. Daddy’s being so unfair…”

“I know,” she interrupted. “That’s why I’m here. I’m going to help you talk to him.”

“But how? Daddy took Music away. I can’t send messages, and what if he finds out?”

“You may not be able to send messages but I can and leave your father to me. I will help you but you must follow my rules.”

“Number one: write the letters and seal them. Number two: When you give me the letters you must make sure your father is no where around. Number three: In every letter you write you must tell him that he has to address his return letters to me and I’ll make sure you get them.”

“Thank you mummy, thank you!” a very excited and happy Kristin exclaimed, throwing her arms around her mum hugging her.

Ginny stood, “I’m leaving now. I know you want to write a letter. Remember; don’t tell your father.”

“I won’t mum, I swear. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome dear.”

As soon as her mum left the room Kristin rushed to her desk. She pulled out her favorite quill which was actually a feather from Josh’s owl and her pink tinted parchment.
She put her quill to ink and began to write,

Josh,
I miss you. I haven’t seen or heard from you in three weeks and it’s driving me insane. I haven’t spoken to daddy since Kings Cross. The stupid man took my owl away so I can’t send messages. Mummy’s just given me the greatest news ever. She’s going to help us talk. She says for you to address return letters to her (Ginny Potter) and she’ll make sure I get them. I just can’t let daddy catch on or both mum and I are going to be in trouble. I’ve got to go; I just wanted to give you the good news.

I love you always,
Kristin


She sealed the letter, shoved it into her pocket and went in search of her mum.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Three days later she was moping up in her room because her father refused to let her go to Bethaney’s sleepover birthday party because “Joshua might be there” when there was a knock on her door.

She flicked her wand and the door opened to reveal her Uncle Charlie and Aunt Bridget. “Uncle Charlie! Aunt Bridget!”

She hadn’t seen them in almost a year because they were busy in Romania so she pounced on Charlie as her aunt Bridget walked to her “picture wall.”


“Kristin, sweetie, it’s great to see you, but could you please let go? You’re choking me,” Charlie said.

“Sorry,” she replied letting go.

“Who’s this?” her aunt asked, pointing to a picture of Kristin and Josh kissing outside of the Hogsmeade branch of Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes.

“My boyfriend Josh.”

“”It’s cute. Is it recent?”

“Sort of. Aunt Emily took it this past Valentine’s day.”

“Isn’t this the boy your father keeps harping about?” Charlie asked.

“Yes, just because he’s Draco Malfoy’s son. Daddy’s being unfair because Draco’s actually pretty nice now,” she began pacing. “Big deal so he’s a Malfoy who cares? I don’t so daddy shouldn’t either.”

Kristin talked with her aunt and uncle until her mother called them downstairs for dinner.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two days after her aunt and uncle visited, Kristin got her first letter from Josh.

Her father had, upon being reassured by Bethaney’s mum Stacy that they would leave immediately if Josh showed up, had let her spend the day in Diagon Alley with Bethaney and her mum.

When she got home around four there was a dark green envelope waiting for her on her pillow.

She sent a silent “thanks” to her mother whom at this very moment was downstairs telling her father they were having their sixth child and tore open the envelope.

Kristin,
Was I ever surprised to get your letter. Luckily it came at night so father couldn’t take it away. He’s taken to doing that lately. He’ll take my mail and read it to make sure it’s not from you. So from now on as much as I love it, please don’t use your pink parchment and try to disguise your handwriting in case father should get a hold of one of your letters. You should talk to your father, maybe then he’ll give Music back. I’m glad your mum’s doing this for us. Tell her thanks from me. I hope that neither of you get in trouble with your dad. Father’s calling so I’ve got to go.
Love always,
Josh

She was in heaven; she had finally gotten a reply from Josh and it seemed as though he missed her as much as she missed him. He was also right about her father; she needed to talk to him. Maybe she could make him see reason.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Daddy, can we talk?” Kristin asked timidly as she entered his study.

“Sure sweetie,” Harry answered surprised that his daughter was talking to him again. “What do you want to talk about?”

“”Josh and how I think you’re treating me is unfair.”

“I wasn’t aware you thought I was treating you unfairly,” he answered as if the last three weeks hadn’t happened.

“Come on daddy, I haven’t spoken to you in three weeks. You can’t tell me you didn’t notice the house was way too quiet.”

“You’re right the house was quiet. And I’m not talking about Joshua being a Malfoy.”

“Get off it daddy. You’re not going to talk, you’re going to listen to me.”

Taken aback by this outburst from his daughter Harry sat silent as Kristin continued, “I’m of age and if I want to be with Josh, I can and will be. There’s nothing you and Draco can do about it.”

She stood and began pacing, something she did when she was nervous. “You told me when I started at Hogwarts that I was old enough to choose who my friends were. I extended that to mean I was allowed to choose who I dated. I know that you and Draco hate one another but that doesn’t mean that Josh and I have to hate one another and we don’t. I love him daddy and you’re going to have to live with that.”

She slumped into the chair she had previously occupied and tried to calm her breathing while her father digested what she had just said.

“What?”

“You heard me daddy, I love him.”

“Why?”

“What?”

“You heard me Kristin, I asked why. Why do you love him?”

“Because he makes me feel how mum looks at you.”

“What?”

“When mum looks at you, you can tell she loves you. You can almost see the love pouring from her; that’s how Josh makes me feel. I feel like you can see how much I love him and I can tell how much he loves me by the way he looks at me. He makes me feel like I can do anything and he treats me like a princess,” she sighed and leaned forward. “Daddy you’re just going to have to accept the fact that I’m a big girl and can take care of myself now.”

“You’re too you to know what love is Kristin…”


Kristin cut her father off, “How old were you when you knew you loved mum? How old was she when she knew she loved you?”

“I was sixteen she was…that’s beside the point. It has nothing to do with what we’re discussing.”

Ginny and her brother Ron’s wife, Hermione, were listening outside the door.

“I wonder when Harry’s going to realize that he’s fighting a losing battle,” Hermione wondered out loud.

“It has everything to do with it! How would you have felt if Poppy had forbidden you to ever see mum again?”

Harry pondered that for a moment. What would he have done if Arthur had forbidden him from seeing Ginny ever again?--given up magic probably.

“Daddy,” her voice was barely a whisper. “I don’t need the money you’re going to give me after I graduate. If I have to walk out of this house and never look back I will because I’m going to do whatever it takes to be with Josh ‘cause I love him and always will no matter what anybody says or does.”

With that Kristin stood and walked from the room. She had meant what she said, she didn’t want it to come to it but if she had to she would walk out of the house and never look back.
"It's time for you to listen father..." by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Sorry sorry sorry sorry. I know it's been a long time.
After reading Kristin's last letter Joshua decided to take his own advice and talk to his father.

He set the letter down on his desk and took a deep breath; he had never talked to his father how he was going to.

Joshua opened his bedroom door and stepped into the hall; the walls were covered in wizarding photographs. The most prominent was the photo of his grandfather Lucius; it was the one he hated the most.

"So my grandson, why has your father told me that you're dating a Potter?" he spat the last word out as if it were the dirtiest curseword that any human being had ever spoken.

"Grandfather, you're dead. It's really none of your busines," He answered.

"Harumph..."Lucius huffed and walked straight out of his portrait.

Joshua continued down the hall and stopped directly infront of his father's study; he knocked lightly and upon recieving no answer knocked louder.

"Yes?" a voice inquired.

"Father? Can I speak to you?"

"Certainly son. Come in."

When his father gestured to a cahir infront of his desk Joshua said, "I'd rather not, what I have to say won't take long."

"Okay."

"When I was little, you were the best person I knew. You were my hero. But that's changed since the day in Kings Cross four weeks ago. I know you don't like Kristin's father but that doesn't mean you can't like her."

"Joshua Andrew! You know how I feel about that man and his family."

"Yes I know, 'Harry Potter is the epitome of all evil.' But I know you like Kristin, At least you did when you first met her. She knew who you were and still gave you the benefit of the doubt. She got to know you despite everything she ever heard about you and actually likes you quite a bit."

"And what does that have to do with my not allowing you to see her?"

"You don't get it do you? You just don't get it." Joshua stated.

"Get what son?"

"Get the fact that I LOVE HER!" he exploded. "I love her and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear me father. You know if I have to I'm ok with walking right out the front door and never looking back. I don't want to because I know it would break mum's heart but if that's what it takes for me to be with Kristin then I'll do it."

Josh spun on the spot and having said what he needed to say retreated from his father's study. He headed back to his room to write what was possibly the most important letter he had ever written.
Someday somebody's going to by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Yay!! I'm updating again!!! It's short but I promise it's good.
He watched as his owl flew away into the night, one of the darkest he had seen in a while, carrying an important piece of parchment.
Joshua didn't want to do what he'd been thinking about but knew that if they didn't he might lose the love of his life.
***
Kristin was startled by the tapping at her window. 'It can't be a letter from Joshua already?' she thought as she swivled away from her desk to face the window. 'It is!"
"I wonder what he could want?" she wondered aloud.
When she opened the window, Artie flrw in and landed next to Music on her perch.
"Well hello Artie, you cute little thing," she said as she took the lett er from him.
On the outside of the letter there were two lines of script. One was her name; the other said: SIT DOWN BEOFRE OPENING AND READING THIS.
Kristin did as it said and sat cross legged on her bed as she opened it.
Dearest Kristin,

After reading that you talked to your father I took my advice to you and talked to mine. I reminded him of a few things.
We need to do something that will show our parents tha we're not little kids anymore. I've got an idea but need to see you in person. Meet me in Hogsmeade at the Hog's Head. I know it's not the best place to meet but I promise we won't be there long. I'll leave home when Artie brings your answer.
Love, Josh

Kristin read the letter several times before she felt herself breathe agai n. But she knew he was right. They needed to show their parents they weren't little kids anymore.

Josh,

I'll be there. I'll leave as soon as I get Artie out the window. I guess it's a good thing that we passed our tests before school ended.

K

She coaxed Artie away from Music and toward the window, gave him the letter and watched as he flew away.

Kristin flew to her wardrobe and pulled a pair of jeans and a pink tanktop out. She changed quickly and at the last second before climbing out the her bedroom window decided to scribble a note to her mom.

Don't worry, I'll be fine.

Love, Krissie


She left the note atop her pillow and climbed out the window to the yard below; Music flew out behind her and with a flick of Kristin's wand the window flew shut.
Ask You A Question by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Josh and Kristin see each other for the first time in about a month and Josh doesn't tell her why he wanted her to meet him at the Hogshead.
He peered through the dusty, dirty window and spied Kristin. She was dressed in jeans and a bright pink tank top with a black spaghetti strap underneath; on her feet she wore pink and black checkered Converse. She was tapping her foot, twisting her hair around her index finger as she glanced around nervously as though she were afraid smeone was lurking just beyond her line of sight.

Kristin heard the door open and looked up. He was finally there! She jumped up and ran toward him; Kristin threw her arms around him like she hadn't seen him in weeks, which in fact she hadn't. "I missed you Josh," she said quietly.

"I missed you too," he replied as he hugged her just as tightly.

"I can't believe we're really here," Kristin said quietly. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

Josh laughed, "I know what you mean."

"Why did you want me to meet you here?" Kristin asked.

"Not here. I just wanted to meet here we've got to leave now. Just incase one or both of us was followed. No offence Aberforth," He finished, nodding toward ther bartender.

Aberforth just nodded and went back to wiping glasses.

Josh reached for Kristin's hand and when she intertwined her fingers with his, he squeezed it tight and began pulling her toward the door.

***

They walked down the street, onw that they had strolled down so often during HOdsmeade weekends since third year when some posters in a shop window began to look a little too familiar.

"Josh," Kristin hissed. "We can't go anywhere near near my aunt and uncle's shop. What if they see us?

"They're gone, I went into the sop and checked earlier. They had to go to Diagon Alley for a meeting."

"Oh but what if the employees see us? What if they're questioned and they rat on us?"

"You see the downside in a lot of things don't you?" Josh asked.

"I've just never snuck out of the house before. Infact, I don't think I've ever been grounded before," Kristin answered.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah. I'm the oldest, the whole 'you have to set a good example thing' applies to me."

"Me too but I've been grounded loads of times."

"I'd ask what it's like to be grounded but I'm guessing we don't have the time."

"We don't. And beside everytime is different. We're going to Dovetown. But first I need to go to Gringotts, I need to get money from my vault."

"I knew I forgot something!" Kristin said as she slapped her forehead. "I need to go to my vault too. I left my money at home. But we have to steer clear of my Uncle's shop. And once we get what we need we leave immediately."

"Agreed," Josh said
That You Should.... by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
sorry it's taken so long to update. I've only recently found all my writing.

Joshua and Kristin walked past the Weasley’s shop and turned the corner. When t hey reached a tree that they sometimes sat under during Hogsmeade weekends at school they apparated.

*~*~*

They reappeared just inside the foyer at Gringotts and both of them looked around nervously and reassured themselves and each other before walking to the Head Goblin’s desk.

Once they stated the reason they were there, another goblin came and escorted them to their vaults.

*~*~*

Josh had talked Kristin into taking a quick walk through Diagon Alley. They passed quite a few classmates and Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes without anyone stopping them. When they reached the still empty store front that used to be Ollivanders, they heard someone calling out to them. When they turned around they saw Kristin’s best friend Bethaney running toward them.

 

“Crap!” Kristin said. “It’s Bethaney.

 

She stopped in front of the couple and said, “I didn’t know your dad said you could see Josh again. You must be so excited!”

 

When she answered Kristin was looking at her feet, just like she did every time she lied, fortunately Bethaney didn’t know that, “Uh, yeah.”

 

“That’s great. So do you guys wanna go do something? I’m here with Seth.”

 

“Actually, we were just about to leave,” Josh said. “Maybe next time.”

 

“Yeah, okay. Have fun,” Bethaney said as she bounced off.

 

Kristin sank against the wall of the building and said, “We’ve got to get out of here before we run into someone else.”

 

“Agreed,” Josh said.

 

He pulled her into the doorway of the empty store and said, “Hogsmeade,” before he disappeared. “Arrrgh!” Kristin said before she followed him.

 

“You knon I hate it when you do that!” she told Josh once she appeared next to him under the tree. “Where are we going now?”

 

“Dovetown.”

Say Yes To... by Poster_Girl
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. And here's a pic of the ring Josh gave her. Photobucket
 

When they arrived in Dovetown , Kristin was exhausted. She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and she had been running around with Joshua all day.

They were standing outside The Charmed Ones Lounge and Lodge when Josh opened his mouth to speak, "K-"

 

She cut him off, "Josh, I'm tired. All I wanna do is sleep, possibly for a few days. We've been going and going all day and I have no idea why we had to walk all the way here when we could have just apparated."

 

He replied, "I know you're tired. I am too. We're going to stay here tonight," he gestured toward the building behind them. "And I'll finish telling you my plan tomorrow."

 

"Thank you, Thank you, and thank you!!" 

 

They checked in and went upstairs to their rooms and settled in for the night.

 

*~*~*

When Kristin woke the next morning she found a note on the bedside table and it read:

 

Kristin,

 

There are a few things that I need to take care of today. I'm not sure when I'm going to be back. You should get out and explore Dovetown. It's pretty awesome. I'll be back in time for dinner. Meet me in private dining room number eight.

 

                                                                                   Josh

 

Immediately her mind began to race. What could he have to do that would keep him away all day? And what could he possibly have planned that they would need a private dining room?! "But," she said aloud to herself, "I am going to explore." And with that she jumped out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

Because she knew that Dovetown had both Muggle and Wizard shops she had exchanged some of her wizard money for Muggle money.

 

Kristin had decided that since tonight was apparently a special night it called for special clothing. They'd done a miniscule amount of shopping the night before but didn't really have the necessary items; and hadn't brought anything with them.

 

 

Kristin had done some serious damage to the money she'd take out of her vault the day before; her favorite purchase was from a Muggle shop called HOTSHOTS.  It was a cream-colored halter type dress that was sure to make Josh drool. And she had, of course, bought matching shoes.

*~*~*~*

She got ready around five thirty and was waiting in PR 8 when Josh arrived.

 

He was wearing black slacks and a blue dress shirt; he looked as though he would rather the night was already over.

When he looked at Kristin he visibly relaxed. "Potter, you're beautiful."

 

She blushed before replying, "You don't look too bad yourself, Malfoy."

 

He sat across the table from her and for a moment just stared off into space. "Are you okay Josh? You look a little preoccupied."

 

"I'm fine. Are you ready for dinner?" he asked, indicating the menus in front of them.

"Actually, I'm not too hungry at the moment. But I would love some tea."

 

He touched the word "TEA" on his menu and a full tea tray appeared on their table. He poured them both a cup of tea.  "Are you sure you're okay? You're hands are shaking," Kristin asked, concerned.

 

"I'm...uh...fine."

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'm okay."

 

They sat in silence for a long moment and when Josh's hands began trembling so badly that his cup shook when he barely touched it, Kristin slammed her cup on the table.

 

She pointed her wand at the cup and repaired it with a non-verbal spell and then turned on Josh. "What the hell is going on Josh? You've never lied to me before but I can tell that you're lying now. Your hands are shaking so badly you can't even pick up your cup. What's going on?"

"I'm not lying. I really am fine. Just a bit nervous is all."

 

"What about tonight could possibly make you this nervous?"

 

"A few things."

 

"Like what?" Kristin asked.

 

"Like even though I know that no one knows where we are, I'm still afraid that any second now your father is going to burst through the door and drag you out of here."

 

"Even if he did show up, I wouldn't leave. He can't make me."

 

"And then there's that idea I have. I've had it for a while now."

 

"You promised to tell me what that was tonight-so spill!"

"I've been thinking, about for a long while now-not just since our fathers separated us."

 

"Sounds interesting."

 

"Oh it is. I think I've known since our very first meeting on the Hogwarts Express that someday we'd be where we are today. Well...not hiding from our fathers but where we are in our relationship," he moved his right hand out of sight and his left covered hers.  Upon noticing her hands begin to get shaky, Josh asked, "Not nervous are we?

 

Kristin's response was a nervous giggle and a kick to his shin under the table.

 

He put his right hand back on the table and it was clear that he was concealing something beneath it. He took a second before speaking again, "I told  you that I thought it was time we showed our parents that their babies had grownup , but truthfully, I know that they already know that, and that's what they're afraid of. What this is all about," Josh raised his arms as if to indicate their recent adventure.  "Is us, and how we feel about each other. Kristin, I love you."

He opened the tiny purple velvet box he had been hiding, and inside there was a beautiful ring. The band was solid silver and it was just plain beautiful. "This ring is only a symbol. You know you have my heart and I want you to know that you're going to have it forever. Kristin, will you marry me?"

 

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7602