Safest Place To Hide by Tati
Summary: Alexia has just gotten an opportunity of a life time as a dancer! She has finally made it big as a backup dancer for a music group she isn't exactly found of. Life throws her many tasks...then she falls in love, will they be able to jump over the hurdles in their paths.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 55 Completed: Yes Word count: 72016 Read: 85737 Published: 05/19/06 Updated: 09/05/06

1. Chapter 1 by Tati

2. Chapter 2 by Tati

3. Chapter 3 by Tati

4. Chapter 4 by Tati

5. Chapter 5 by Tati

6. Chapter 6 by Tati

6. Chapter 6 by Tati

8. Chapter 8 by Tati

9. Chapter 9 by Tati

10. Chapter 10 by Tati

11. Chapter 11 by Tati

11. Chapter 11 by Tati

13. Chapter 13 by Tati

14. Chapter 14 by Tati

15. Chapter 15 by Tati

16. Chapter 16 by Tati

17. Chapter 17 by Tati

18. Chapter 18 by Tati

19. Chapter 19 by Tati

20. Chapter 20 by Tati

21. Chapter 21 by Tati

22. Chapter 22 by Tati

23. Chapter 23 by Tati

24. Chapter 24 by Tati

24. Chapter 24 by Tati

26. Chapter 26 by Tati

27. Chapter 27 by Tati

28. Chapter 28 by Tati

29. Chapter 29 by Tati

30. Chapter 30 by Tati

31. Chapter 31 by Tati

32. Chapter 32 by Tati

33. Chapter 33 by Tati

34. Chapter 34 by Tati

35. Chapter 35 by Tati

36. Chapter 36 by Tati

37. Chapter 37 by Tati

38. Chapter 38 by Tati

39. Chapter 39 by Tati

40. Chapter 40 by Tati

41. Chapter 41 by Tati

42. Chapter 42 by Tati

43. Chapter 44 by Tati

44. Chapter 45 by Tati

45. Chapter 45 by Tati

46. Chapter 46 by Tati

47. Chapter 47 by Tati

48. Chapter 48 by Tati

49. Chapter 49 by Tati

50. Chapter 50 by Tati

51. Chapter 51 by Tati

52. Chapter 52 by Tati

53. Chapter 53 by Tati

54. Chapter 54 by Tati

55. Chapter 55 by Tati

Chapter 1 by Tati
Alexia was up at the mall with her mom and her 10 year old stepsister Darla. Alexia met up with her friend Daffney to hang out. They were both real down to earth girls, they didn't take crap from any one though. Alexia was very pretty and small, she was 5'1 with shoulder length hair. Lexy(that's what her friends called her) and Daffney walked up to her mom who was talking to two guys.
Darla had a huge smile on her face as she looked up at Lexy holding a piece of paper-"It's Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter!!! And they gave me an Autograph!"
Alexia looked up to see both guys wearing hats and glasses. They smiled at her, with a small wave hello. She looked at them up and down-"Oh? Who are you again?"
Justin smiled in disbelief-"What? You don't know who we are? I'm Justin Timberlake Baby!"
She raised an eyebrow at him-"Am I suppose to be impressed? What about your boy here?"
The tall blonde one smiled also in disbelief-"I'm Nick Carter, so you're telling me you don't know who we are?"
Lexy sat ther thinking(well pretending to think because she knew who they were, didn't know what band they belonged to but she knew who they were.)-"Aren't you in some boy band or something?"
The guys looked at each other and laughed.
Justin put a hand on her chin-"Baby, I know you know who I am. You know you know who I am, but there's no need to hide it and be shy." Nick rolled his eyes at Justin's ego.
She looked at him, and pulled her face away-"Um..NO. i don't know who you are. Sorry but I'm not a teeny boppers." She turned and started to walk away. Nick looked at Justin laughing because he was just shut down.
Justin shook it off-"What? She doesn't want me? She MUST be a lesbian!" Nick's eyes grew wide, then he burst out laughing.
Lexy stopped and took a deep breath, looking at Daffney with anger firing up in her eyes. Taking one look at the VERY crowded food court, she climbed up on a table near the guys and whistled loudly. The room went quiet and turned to looking at her. Justin and Nick stood confused, watching her.
Nick looked at her, then the room, then at Justin, thinking what is this crazy bitch doing? By now Justin was standing next to Lexy. She still had every one watching-"LADIES! WE are very honored to be sharing a room with a clebrity." Immediatly the girls in the room started looking around whispering to each other. Lexy smirked devilishly-"Why it's none other than JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!" As she said Justin's name, she grabbed his hat right off of his head, revelaing his face to every body. His eyes grew wide as all the girls looked at him and started to scream. Nick looked at her, then at the enormous group of girls that were pushing the tables out of the way to get to the boys. They both took off running as Alexia stood on the table laughing so hard.
After the room had cleared, her mom walked up to her-"Now why would you do that?"
Lexy was still laughing so hard that she couldn't speak-"I...He...oh man! They had it coming! Did you see their faces!!"
She turned to Daffney who was also laughing-"Oh man that made my day! Cocky dicks desreve only that!"
Her mom rolled her eyes-"OK, that was rude! Me and Darla are going home don't be too long. C'mon Darla!"
Darla looked at her sister-"Why can't you be normal and just smile and be nice?"
Lexy stopped laughing,rolled her eyes at her sister. Then remembered, she wasn't in a hurry to get home to see her step dad Jonothan, he was 10 years older than she was(her mom is 10 years older than him). Lexy looked at Daffney-"Nah, we're just going to grab something to eat then head home, I have auditions tomorrow." She walked away w/ Daffney towards the exit after getting their food. Just then, she looked over and saw a group of girls talking about how they caught up with the boys for a bit. Both girls just laughed, hysterically. They got home and told everyone about the young girls on their way out.
**That Night**
She lay in bed, thinking about her auditions tomorrow. She was to perform to dance as a background dancer for a few artists. She was hopping to dance with Ciara or Usher. Just then, she heard the door creak as it opened, she thought it was just her cat. But soon after it opened, it closed. She froze, waiting in silence, in darkness where the only light was from the moonlight through her window. There at the end of the bed he stood watching her. She sat up frightened-"No!Please no..I can't!no please!" He moved over to the side of the bed and climbed on top. She continued pleading quietly-" No, please."
He didn't say anything, just-"shh" as he pulled the sheets away from her. He slowly lifted her T-shirt and began caresing her. He held her hands up over her head as she continued to quietly sob.
Chapter 2 by Tati
Nick got home from the mall to find A.J. and Brian playing pool. Both guys took one look at him and started laughing. AJ looked at the torn up Nick with his hair messed up, a black eye, and his sleeves were torn. Still laughing AJ-"What the hell happened to you?"
Nick was angry-"I was at the mall with Justin and a little girl recognized him and-"
Brian smirked-"A little girl did this to you?"
Nick threw a pillow at him-"No dawg! Let me finish. So me and Justin were nice enough to give this kid an autograph and her older sister walks up, Justin does not know how to keep his damn mouth shut and he hit on her now she flips out and gets on the table and starts telling the entire freakin room that we are there. So we get chased, caught up to, pulled on and damn this girl was frustrating! She wasn't even all that!!" Nick shook his head-"freakin psycho!"
Brian laughed some more-"good thing we don't have any photoshoots or appearances!!" With that statement, both boys laughed so hard as AJ took his sunglasses glasses off the table-"Here man, you will need these to hide that nasty war wound."
Nick glared. Brian looked at Nick-"Now, what were you doing, in a FLORIDA mall alone, with no bodygaurd?"
Nick got up to grab a bag of ice for his eye-"I don't know, we thought we were pretty well covered up. Apperantly you can't compliment some one."
The other two boys finally calmed down and shook their heads.
*The Next Day*
Alexia grathered her stuff into a back pack and her water bottle, then headed downstairs. She took her keys, walked over to her mom-"Bye mom, wish me luck."
Her mom gave her a hug-"Good Luck baby!"
She walked out to her light green convertable beetle. When she arrived at the audition, she immidiatly learned the dance and split up into groups. After much practice, they performed it for Jeremy(head guy). Soon after Jeremy started calling peoples names out, Lexy stood around as she was not called. Confused, she watched the others who were also not called. Then Jeremy said-"I hate to tell you, but those who were called did not make it. You can go home. As for the rest of you, congratulations."
Alexia hugged the 3 friends she had made, Johnny, Sean, and Adrianna.
Jeremy calmed every one down so he could start calling people over to him to tell them what room to go to. They would then meet the artist they were dancing for in their assigned room. Lexy's turn came up and she went to studio 5. She shook Jeremy's hand and walked over the room. Adrianna, Johnny, and Sean were already there and she squeeled when she saw them. The sat around and talked while they waited for the artist to show up.
After a few minutes the doors opened and five guys walked in. A tall dark haired one, followed by a short one with curly hair, then a short blonde curly haired one with a smile that could light up the room. Soon after came in another dark haired one with tattoos all over his arms(Lexy's kind of man). She smiled as she started to think of what she could do with him. Then walked in this tall blonde guy with sunglasses. One look at him and Lexy's stomach turned, it was him...the guy from the mall. She watched him as they introduced themselves, Kevin, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick. He glanced at her, but didn't recognize her, she sighed in relief. After explaining that it was a great pleasure to meet them all, they mentioned that the tour lasted about a year, and it started in a month. Rehearsals started monday morning. The other dancers grabbed their stuff and left, which was what Lexy should have done. But her smartass mouth kicked in. She looked at Nick-"It's kinda bright in here huh?...Nick was it?"
Nick laughed-"Yea, but I got a nasty black eye, so i didn't want to show it off."
She tried to keep her smile from shwoing-"Oh? what happened?"
AJ butted into the conversation-"See Babe, my buddy was at the mall and a girl was a total Bitch."
Lexy interrupted-"A girl did this to you?"
Nick shook his head as AJ went on-"No see for no reason, this chick told the whole room that Nick and his friend were there and a bunch of girls attacked the guys."
Lexy raised an eyebrow-"For no reason?"
Nick not paying attention to the look on her face-"Nah, this chick must have been PMS'in or something!"
Lexy was fired up now-"Are you sure that Justin Timberlake didn't get cocky and call her a lesbian?"
AJ looked confused as he watched Nick take his sunglasses off and look at Lexy. The other four guys had stopped talking and were also amazed that this girl was the one who did this and that there was more to the story than what Nick told them. No one said anything as they glared at each other. Nick was searching for something to shoot back with but he couldn't. Lexy smiled at the boys-"It's been a pleasure guys. See you monday for rehearsals." she grabbed her back pack and walked out to her car. AS she sat in her car she yelled at her self-"OH MY GOD!! STUPID GIRL! YOU RUINED YOUR CAREER!!!" Just then someone knocked on her window scaring her to death.
AJ laughed-"I'm sorry baby! I wanted to bring you your CD player you left."
She held her chest-"OH! Thank you! So um...how much do y'all hate me? Did I lose my job?"
AJ laughed-"Hell no! NIck got put in his place back there. Serves the little focker right! WE still think you are an awesome dancer therfore we will see ya monday morning!" He walked inside. The whole ride home Lexy did not stop smiling.
Chapter 3 by Tati
Monday Morning
Lexy walked in and saw the other dancers stretching so she went over to introduce herself. She met Chris, Gabby, Maggie, Mandy, Jeannette, Michael, Mark, Jeremy, and Greg and Candy. She was the first one there from the new dancers. Each one greated her with a smile. Jeanette
walked over to the stereo and put in 'The Call- Neptune Remix.' Chris jumped up, "Oh! WOO!" He started dancing, soon after everyone got up and started dancing. Alexia laughed as Mark ran out and grabbed her arm, pulling her to the middle of the room. They danced, flowing with
the music and the words. Just then she felt someone else behind her swaying with her, she turned around and saw AJ dancing. She laughed at him and Brian who were being goofy and shaking their butts real fast.
Maggie laughed at the boys dancing as Howie and Kevin were setting their stuff down, "Okay, I'm glad everyone's here, well almost everyone." She went on talking, she seemed like the leader of the dancers.
She was very nice and cheery, apparently she was dating Michael because he walked up and held her hand as she spoke of how excited she was to go back on tour.
AJ stood next to Lexy-"See, Maggie has been dancing with us for three years, she is always with Nick. That's Micheal, those two...are attached at the hip. We're just waiting for them to get married."
Alexia simlied, "Is she the choreographer?"
AJ shook his head, "No, Fatima is. She is always on time, hates it when people are late. Nick is always late."
Lexy felt her face flush when he was mentioned. Sure enough, Fatima walked in anxious to meet the newbies.
Lexy smiled when she looked over at James, Sean, and Adrianna as they walked up to introduce themselves to the group. Fatima smiled, "Great! Now are we all here?" Everyone looked around, then Kevin announced-"Uh, no. Nick is late."
Fatima rolled her eyes, "Oh my, what am I gonna do with that boy? The first day and he couldn't.."
Just then Nick walked in yawning with his hair in all different directions. He looked at Fatima, "I'm sorry. I'll work at it."
Fatima sighed, "Okay, lets get started. I am going to pair up my boys with the dancers. Two of you lucky ones will be dancing with our newbies."
Alexia's heart started pumping fast, "Oh my God please don't let me be paired up with Nick!"
Nick was drinking a starbucks double shot, he glared over at Alexia,"I have to find a way to get back at
her."
AJ looked over at her and smiled, he rubbed her neck, "Loosen up! It's okay ya know."
She smiled, "I know, I just don't want to be with you know who."
AJ laughed, "No, remember, I told you, Maggie is always with him."
She had forgotten that he did say that. She let out a sign of relief. AJ laughed again, but quickly stopped
when Nick glared at them.
Fatima stood at the front waving for the five guys to stand with her, "Come on guys! I want you right here."
She waited as they made their way to the front, "Okay, as it has been, Maggie, you will dance with Nick and with Michael."
Maggie smiled and nodded, "Of course."
Fatima continued, "Howie, you will be with, Adrianna who will also dance with Mark because both of you are
good with new dancers. So is AJ who will be dancing with Alexia, and Chris will be your other partner. Kevin you will be with Jeanette as usual as she dances with Greg. And Brian, you will dance with Mandy who dances with Sean. Gabby and James shall dance together."
Lexy smiled when she heard her name with AJ. He was the only guy she was comfortable with at this point. AJ just winked at her and smiled. Fatima taught them a few dances. They had to learn so many songs and some performance pieces. So far they learned Larger Than Life. There's this one part which Lexy really liked, where the girls jump on the guys then the guys throw them to the male dancers. She just loved the hop because she kept freaking out. AJ laughed, "C'mon! You can do it! Fatima did this for a reason, for us to laugh and get to know each other!"
Lexy kept shaking her head, "No! AJ I weigh like one million pounds! No, we're gonna fall!"
AJ looked at her, "Oh my God! You don't weigh anything! So what if we fall, that's why we have the mats behind
us. Come on Lexy!"
Lexy looked at Chris,"And you'll catch me, right?"
Chris laughed, "Yes hun, come on!"
Lexy smiled she loved the attention, "Okay!"
She did the spin jumped on him and he threw her to Chris. Both guys caught her. Fatima smiled as her partners were getting along. She looked over at Nick who seemed ot have his mind somewhere else. She looked at what he was looking at- "Hmm, interested are we?"
Little did she know what was really going through Nick's mind. He was unaware that he was staring, "Wait till I get you back. I have the perfect plan."
Chapter 4 by Tati
*3 WEEKS LATER*
The dancers had learned almost all of the dances and the boys had learned all 20 dance, there were 30 songs but some where ballads and were just danced by the girls. They had one week before their first show and for the tour to begin. In the past few weeks, Lexy had become good friends with Maggie. She was like her older sister, very protective of Lexy. Both girls sat in the dance studio waiting for everyone to arrive, talking about how Maggie fell inlove with Michael. They soon drifted into the topic of how Lexy and Nick met. Maggie was laughing so hard when listening to Lexy's story-"C'mon Lexy, he's not that bad of a guy!"
Lexy shook her head-"You're right, he's worst!" She laughed a little-"Cocky jerk. AND I'm super glad we have not spoken since then. Oh man I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut!"
Maggie smiled-"Alright alright, I can tell you can't stand the guy. So what about Sean? He's a cutie, and he definatly has the hotts for you!"
Lexy blushed-"Oh wow Maggie! Um...yea next topic!"
Her friend laughed at her-"No Ma'am! We are not switching topics until you answer my question. Well?"
Lexy, who was by now bright red, turned away-"yea he's cute, and sweet, and totally NOT cocky!"
Both girls laughed, as more dancers started coming in. They got up to greet their friends. Lexy ran up to AJ, her frappacino was kicking in, and jumped on him. She knew that she was more interested in a "fun" friendship with AJ, than a sweet/romantic friendship with Sean. She smiled-"Hey you!" Her eyes glistened as she looked into his eyes, searching for an adventure.
AJ laughed as he held her up-"Hi Gorgeous! To think that a few weeks ago you wouldn't jump on me, and now look at ya! How are ya sweets?"
Lexy hopped off-"HYPER! Ready to start jammin!"
AJ walked over to the table to grab his coffee he handed to Chris when he saw Lexy running towards him. As usual, everyone was there except Nick. Fatima continued the rehearsal with out him, shortly after he walked in.
The went throught the whole show, stopping everytime someone messed up. Fatime pulled everyone to a meeting before their second break-"Ok, since you guys did so well, you have the rest of the afternoon AND tomorrow off. Sunday we have rehearsals again. Them Monday and tuesday are our first dress rehearsals, and next Friday is our first show here in Tampa. Then we are off in three tour buses to travel the country! So everyone rest tonight and tomorrow, for next week will be hell! Now go off, and have fun!"
Lexy walked over to her water bottle and started drinking, Maggie walked up to her-"Do you want to do something tonight?"
Lexy nodded-"Yea, think of something then give me a call!"
Maggie nodded-"Ok hun!"
As she walked off, Maggie spoke to AJ who told her his plans and invited her. He then walked up to Lexy,from behind, and whispered-"Hi Beautiful, want to go dancing tonight?"
Lexy almost melted at the sound oh his voice, she craved and adventure with him-"Oh I told Magie I would do something with her!"
AJ winked at her-"I already invited her, we are all set. What do you say?"
Lexy could not resist his smile-"You sly dog you! Ok wanna pick me up at 9?"
AJ smiled-"Yes ma'am."
They walked together to her car, where she stopped as she saw that everyone was standing around a huge blob. It took her a minute to realize the huge white blob, was her car. It was covered with what seemed like melted marshmellow. She looked around at the faces and spotted the one she was looking for. Nick was standing dirctly across from her with a smirk on his face, their eyes met, then he turned around and walked away.
AJ stood behind her-"Lexy, I present to you...Nick Carter! The biggest prankster in the world! C'mon baby, let me help you clean it up."
Lexy glared-"Biggest prankster huh? Oh Nicky had apparently never been up against me. Its on now!"
They cleaned her car at a car wash down the street. She continued ranting to AJ about how embarrassing it was to go through that infront of everyone. She later went home to shower, rest, then get ready for her night out with the gang. She was ready at aout 8:45, after taking the hot curlers out, she ran downstairs and bumped into Jonathon. He smiled-"You look nice, where are you off to?"
Lexy walked past him-"Out."
He watched her walk to the door. She grabbed her purse and keys and walked out the door. As soon as she closed the door behind her, AJ had walked up. Without realizing it, she wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed. AJ stood there and hugged her back-"You ok pumkpin?"
She nodded-"Yea, you showed up just in time."
She smiled as she walked to his car, he followed her-"By the way, you look great."
She looked back at him with a wink-"Thanks, you don't look that bad yourself."
He smiled closing the door behind her 'Dayum! This girl definatly has some crazy side under that sweet innocence. On the ride to the club, AJ looked over at her-"You know Nick is gonna be there right?"
Lexy kept a straight face-"Yea, doesn't mean I have to talk to him. YOU know Maggie, Michael, Sean, Adrianna, and the rest of the gang is gonna be there...right?" She smiled and scrunched her nose a little bit.
He laughed-"yea, besides Nick is always trying to hook up with some girl."
She looked over at AJ-"So, are we gonna have a blast?"
AJ looked at her, she looked beautiful, a strand of hair had fallen to her face. She was smirking, then turned to the window as they arrived at the club. He walked around and took her hand as they walked through the bouncers who automatically let them in. They smiled and waved at he people calling his name, then went upstairs to the VIP area.
Chapter 5 by Tati
Maggie had already reached the club, with Michael, by the time Lexy did. Lexy walked up and hugged her, then went over to say hi to Brian and his wife Leighanne. She had never met Leighanne so she was excited. Brian's wife was very beautiful, she was happy for him. Shortly after Kevin arrived with his also beautiful wife Kristin. Howie arrived with a girl named Gracie who was totally adorable. The music was blaring and Lexy was the first to get up and start dancing. The song was Too Close by Next, AJ put his soda down and walked up behind her, he slipped his hand on her hip, as he started swaying with her. Soon after, everyone was dancing real close to their partners. Lexy got hot and decided to set her jacket down and take a sip of her Pina Colada. When she reached the table she ran into Nick, she felt her blood rush to her face as he looked at her. He knew she looked amazing, the hole on her shirt was a major tease, but she was a bitch and she still needed to pay for the way she treated him. He smirked-"I didn't see the white blob outside, I take it you rode your broom?"
His buddy laughed as she rolled her eyes-"Funny Carter! I rode with AJ and besides Nicky your stunt was not better than I did. And you know what is funny? Mine was unintentional."
Nick's jaw tightened as he remembered the mall incident-"Oh trust me, I'm not done.You have no idea what you are up against."
Lexy laughed-"I believe it is you who doesn't know what you got yourself into. See ya around."
She walked away leaving Nick with words still in his mouth. She joined AJ on the dance floor, who smiled when she walked up. After a few songs, AJ pulled Lexy to the side-"Hey, I'm going downstairs to smoke."
Lexy yawned-"I'll go with you." Her face was close to his, he smiled as he took her hand and walked downstairs to the side of the building where it was dark. They were getting along so well, as they talked and laughed. She was leaning against the wall while he smoked. He threw away his cigarette butt and leaned closer, she looked his eyes. She leaned in but decided to pul back-"AJ I don't want to be rude babe, but I'm not ready for a relationship, especially so soon in the tour."
AJ laughed as he placed a finger on her lips-"Shh baby, I don't want a relationship either. This is just a friend thing."
He leaned back and gave her soft kiss. His lips were so warm, but the kiss was so soft it left her wanting more. She pulled away-"You mean friends with benefits?"
He smirked-"Yea, that's is." He put a hand on her neck cupping her face as he continued to kiss her softly then harder as the kiss grew passionate.
Meanwhile Nick was dancing with three girls having the time of his life. He put a hand on one of the blondes shoulder-"Hey baby, I'll be back, I'm gonna go smoked."
He signaled over to Jared as he walked out to the street. He took a deep breath and laughed about dodging some fans at the door. Jared pulled his shirt and walked to the side-"Woah bro! I'm not like that, and you know it!" Jared rolled his eyes, then they heard kissing. Nick laughd as he put a finger up to his mouth-"Woah, how about you two get a room?"
Both guys started laughing, apparently everything is funny when you are drunk.
AJ rolled his eyes-"Grow up Nick."
Nick stopped laughing and looked at Jared-"AJ? What hott babe do you have back there? Can I haver her next? No wait I got a plan, I'll have her first then you can have her next." He laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. AJ walked out into the light, followed by Lexy. Nick's jaw dropped-"Alexia? You couldn't find someone hotter?"
Jared snickered, but quickly stopped when Lexy glared at him-"AJ, I'll see ya upstairs." She walked by Nick and wen upstairs.
AJ laughed at Nick's expression-"Hey, it's not what you think. We are just friends have fun. Nothing more, got it?"
Nick put both hands up-"Yo man, what ever floats your boat. OH I'm having a party tomorrow at my house and everyone fromthe tour is invited."
AJ laughed-"I'll be there, later bro." AJ walked up to find Lexy ranting about what had happened downstairs. AJ grabbed her shoulder-"Hey you ready?" She smiled, nodded and said her goodbyes to everyone. On the ride back to her house, they talked alot about how Maggie seemed to open up to Lexy and how they were going costume shopping tomorrow with Fatima and Lorena the PR. AJ told Lexy about Nick's party and how he throws one every tour. Lexy thought about his proposal to be his date to Nick's party. She smiled-"Ok, I'll go with you, but keep him away from me."
AJ laughed as he nodded his head-"Deal."
She smiled, becuase she knew this would be perfect for her payback.
The next day, Lexy went out to buy a dress for that night, then met up with Fatima and Maggie to buy some of the costumes for the shows. Maggie had told Lexy that she was really inlove with Michael, she wanted to marry him someday. Lexy smiled-"Wow, that is so sweet, you guys are perfect!"
Maggie's smiled faded-"Lexy, I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to say anything to anyone."
Lexy nodded, as she also got serious. Maggie looked around, making sure no one was listening-"Ok, he is soo amazing in bed!" Lexy's eyes widened then both girls burst out laughing.
*That Night*
The party had immediatly started with shots and tons of dancing. Nick had so many girls over and he was all over all of them. AJ and Lexy had gotten cozy as they danced together. AJ was not drinking but he totally let Lexy drink, promising her he would take care of her because she was underaged. Halfway through the party, she stumbled to Nick-"Hey, where's your bathroom? Cuz someone is puking in the downstairs one."
Without looked at her he responded-"Fourth door on the right, upstairs." She walked up the stairs and found his bathroom, when she came back down, everyone was talking about jumping in the pool.
Lexy smiled-"Woohoo SWIMMING!"
AJ laughed at her and shook his head-"No, it's two AM, and your wasted, so I don't want you to get hurt. Let's get you home."
Lexy whined and pouted-"Aww AJ, please! I wannaswim!"
He continued laughing as her words started to slur when they walked to the car. She leaned her head back and smiled, to the own private joke going on in her head.

**************
Her Ourfit at the club
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Her Outfit at Nick's Party
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chapter 6 by Tati
The girls that had been with the boys for a long time, where snotty to Lexy and Adrainna. Gabby seemed to have the biggest problem, especially since she started “talking” to Sean and he was good friends with the two girls. Lexy rolled her eyes and ignored Gabby’s loud whispers about her. Soon after, Maggie walked in to the room and headed over to Lexy-“ Hey! All the boys just got here, including Nick! It’s strange he is never early, epscially when he has parties the day before!”
Lexy grinned-“Wow that is wierd!”
Maggie looked at her friend-“What are you-?
She was interrupted by Nick screaming in the hall-“I can’t believe her! Oh wait till I get my hands on her!!”
Lexy smiled and chhuckled-“Haha show time!”
Maggie looked confused-“What's going...on?“ She stopped when she saw a very angry Nick at the door...with very bright PINK hair. Everyone was quiet trying not to burst out laughing. Lexy stood up as he walked over to her with his baseball hat tightly clenched in his hand. AJ and the rest of the guys stood at the door with their hands over their mouths, making funny snorting noises as they tried not to let their laughter out.
Nick was in Lexy’s face-“ How? Why? UGH!! Alexia, how could you do this?”
Lexy smiled-“Oh Nicky! Pink is you color! (Pouts)You don’t like it?(ginning) I thought you needed a change in hair style and color.”
Nick was infuritated by her sassy smart ass mouth-“Oh my God! I have a show in a week, I can’t have pink hair!”
She threw her head back as she laughed-“I know, it sucks that the dye only lasts a week. You would have looked so adorable!” He stood there breathing hard, she stepped closer to his ear-“I told you, you had no idea who you were dealing with.” She walked away with Maggie at her side. Lexy whispered to her-“I’m so dead aren’t I?”
AJ walked up in the middle of her sentence-“Yep” Lexy sighed and shrugged.
After crackin a few jokes at Nick, Fatima announced that this week was for dress rehearsals and one or two all nighters. What Lexy did not know was that this week was gonna be used for brain storming for ideas to get back at each other. Wednesday, People magazine had a picture of Nick with pink hair and subtitle “Pretty in Pink.” Lexy spotted the magazine when she stopped for gas, she bought one and went to the studio. When she got there, she was relieved that Nick was not there yet, but her buddy Maggie was and she quickly went over to where she was with Michael-“Maggie! My prank on Nick just got better!”
Michael laughed-“That is not possible!”
Lexy laughed-“Oh but it is!” She held up the magazine for them to see, Michael burst out laughing. Lexy laughed nervously, she wasn’t sure how Nick would react. He walked in late, as usual, but in a good mood, obviously he had not seen the magazine, that is until Brian showed him. They figured he’d be the best person to do it. Lexy watched Nick from the other side of the room, his jaw tightened as he read the story, there were pictures of him walking in the street, in his car, and leaving the studio. He looked up at Lexy, who quickly changed the look on her face from concerened and worried to a smirk w/ a raised eyebrow. He shook his head calmly and walked outside to make a phone call. The rest of the week went by fast, neither one of them said a word to each other, well not any nice words anyway. Nick had the story fixed for the next issue of People, telling them it was a small prank.
The night of the first show was crazy! Before the show everyone was nervous, so things were being left behind and not in their place. Lexy was soo excited that she almost forgot makeup. The luck onstage was no different. Dancers were turning the wrong way, Nick tripped during The Call, Brian forgot the words to one of their old songs so he hummed the rest. Costume changes were being done in such a hurry that Kevin left his zipper down and Howie put his shirt on backwards. It was crazy! After the show, they all sat around in their buses laughing at the events that went on, the fans loved the guys either way, they understood that it was first night jitters.
Lexy looked over at Maggie-“Oh my Gosh! That was tiring. It was totally nuts out there! But all those fans are so generous and loving to the boys!”
Maggie smiled-“Yea, they really love those guys. Once you have been with them for so long, the fans love you too. I’ve gotten fan mail and silly questions about the boys.” The girls continued talking about the show for a few more hours before headin to bed.
The next morning Lexy woke up to the sound of rain on the top of the bus. Sean walked over to her bunk-“Mornin! Breakfast?”
Lexy nodded, she yawned-“Morning. Breakfast sounds great, is everyone up?”
He shook his head-“No, just you me, Johnny and Adrianna.”
She laughed-“Woot! The newbies!” She sat down next to Johnny (he is well...feminine), they were going on and on about how fun their first show was. Lexy’s favorite part was doing My Beautiful woman, becuase she gets to prance around onsatge teasing each boys as they sing. She liked the attention. Adrianna giggled-“Maybe that’s what’s buggin Gabby!”
Lexy looked over at Sean-“Oh no hun, see Gabby is head over heels for our boy Sean! And since we are close to Sean we are a threat to her!” Sean blushed and they all laughed as they continued talking about how fun this job was and how great all(well almost all) the guys were. The bus finally arrived at the hotel were they were staying for two days. The guys’ bus got there first, so they stood there and signed autographes and took pictures.
Lexy walked by hooked elbows with Johnny. He giggled the whole time they walked by-“Aww, those boys are soo sweet! Too bad they aren’t gay and interested in me!” Lexy started laughing so hard that Nick looked over at her and rolled his eyes.
When she got to her room she took a shower and decided she wanted to go shopping, so she called Maggie, Johnny, Michael, Adrianna and AJ. When she got downstairs she told them there was an outdoor mall a few blocks away. AJ arrived wearing sunglasses and a fisherman hat, with Charles, his bodygaurd, at side. They headed out and walked all over the streets. Only a few people recognized AJ and took pictures with him. Around 5, they decided to head back to get ready for the show, AJ helped Lexy bring in all her bags. As soon as they entered the room, a horrible stench filled their nostrils. Lexy and AJ started searching for the cause of the smell.
AJ looked under the bed and said-“Oh Lex! You need to take a look under your bed, near your suitcase!”
She groaned when she saw the dead HEADLESS fish under her bed, immidiatly she ran to the bathroom to throw up. She knew who had done this, and she was determined to get him back! AJ called room service and apologized as he asked for another room. An hour later, they all met up at the stadium for the show.
Nick smirked when Lexy walked in- “Well well, I noticed something fishy when I walked by your room.”
She felt her cheeks get red, but quickly snapped-“Yea, thanks for the lil present. IT stunk up ALL my clothes!” Everyone looked at Nick who was smiling, proudly. She continued-“But see, luckly for me, I took them to get dry cleaned...with your credit card.” Nick’s eyes grew wide, and she pulled a piece of paper out-“Don’t believe me? Here’s the receipt. Now keep in mind, a girl has a lot of clothes.” He took it from her hand and sure enough it said, Nick Carter paid $500 for her clothes. He stormed off angrily, as Lexy just crossed her arms and smiled.
****************
I want to show you guys the outfits that would be used in the concert for the dancers
Everybody(Backstreet's Back)Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Get Another BoyfriendPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting The CallPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Larger Than LifePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting EveryonePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Just Want You To KnowPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting More Than ThatPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting My Beautiful Woman Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chapter 6 by Tati
The girls that had been with the boys for a long time, where snotty to Lexy and Adrainna. Gabby seemed to have the biggest problem, especially since she started “talking” to Sean and he was good friends with the two girls. Lexy rolled her eyes and ignored Gabby’s loud whispers about her. Soon after, Maggie walked in to the room and headed over to Lexy-“ Hey! All the boys just got here, including Nick! It’s strange he is never early, epscially when he has parties the day before!”
Lexy grinned-“Wow that is wierd!”
Maggie looked at her friend-“What are you-?
She was interrupted by Nick screaming in the hall-“I can’t believe her! Oh wait till I get my hands on her!!”
Lexy smiled and chhuckled-“Haha show time!”
Maggie looked confused-“What's going...on?“ She stopped when she saw a very angry Nick at the door...with very bright PINK hair. Everyone was quiet trying not to burst out laughing. Lexy stood up as he walked over to her with his baseball hat tightly clenched in his hand. AJ and the rest of the guys stood at the door with their hands over their mouths, making funny snorting noises as they tried not to let their laughter out.
Nick was in Lexy’s face-“ How? Why? UGH!! Alexia, how could you do this?”
Lexy smiled-“Oh Nicky! Pink is you color! (Pouts)You don’t like it?(ginning) I thought you needed a change in hair style and color.”
Nick was infuritated by her sassy smart ass mouth-“Oh my God! I have a show in a week, I can’t have pink hair!”
She threw her head back as she laughed-“I know, it sucks that the dye only lasts a week. You would have looked so adorable!” He stood there breathing hard, she stepped closer to his ear-“I told you, you had no idea who you were dealing with.” She walked away with Maggie at her side. Lexy whispered to her-“I’m so dead aren’t I?”
AJ walked up in the middle of her sentence-“Yep” Lexy sighed and shrugged.
After crackin a few jokes at Nick, Fatima announced that this week was for dress rehearsals and one or two all nighters. What Lexy did not know was that this week was gonna be used for brain storming for ideas to get back at each other. Wednesday, People magazine had a picture of Nick with pink hair and subtitle “Pretty in Pink.” Lexy spotted the magazine when she stopped for gas, she bought one and went to the studio. When she got there, she was relieved that Nick was not there yet, but her buddy Maggie was and she quickly went over to where she was with Michael-“Maggie! My prank on Nick just got better!”
Michael laughed-“That is not possible!”
Lexy laughed-“Oh but it is!” She held up the magazine for them to see, Michael burst out laughing. Lexy laughed nervously, she wasn’t sure how Nick would react. He walked in late, as usual, but in a good mood, obviously he had not seen the magazine, that is until Brian showed him. They figured he’d be the best person to do it. Lexy watched Nick from the other side of the room, his jaw tightened as he read the story, there were pictures of him walking in the street, in his car, and leaving the studio. He looked up at Lexy, who quickly changed the look on her face from concerened and worried to a smirk w/ a raised eyebrow. He shook his head calmly and walked outside to make a phone call. The rest of the week went by fast, neither one of them said a word to each other, well not any nice words anyway. Nick had the story fixed for the next issue of People, telling them it was a small prank.
The night of the first show was crazy! Before the show everyone was nervous, so things were being left behind and not in their place. Lexy was soo excited that she almost forgot makeup. The luck onstage was no different. Dancers were turning the wrong way, Nick tripped during The Call, Brian forgot the words to one of their old songs so he hummed the rest. Costume changes were being done in such a hurry that Kevin left his zipper down and Howie put his shirt on backwards. It was crazy! After the show, they all sat around in their buses laughing at the events that went on, the fans loved the guys either way, they understood that it was first night jitters.
Lexy looked over at Maggie-“Oh my Gosh! That was tiring. It was totally nuts out there! But all those fans are so generous and loving to the boys!”
Maggie smiled-“Yea, they really love those guys. Once you have been with them for so long, the fans love you too. I’ve gotten fan mail and silly questions about the boys.” The girls continued talking about the show for a few more hours before headin to bed.
The next morning Lexy woke up to the sound of rain on the top of the bus. Sean walked over to her bunk-“Mornin! Breakfast?”
Lexy nodded, she yawned-“Morning. Breakfast sounds great, is everyone up?”
He shook his head-“No, just you me, Johnny and Adrianna.”
She laughed-“Woot! The newbies!” She sat down next to Johnny (he is well...feminine), they were going on and on about how fun their first show was. Lexy’s favorite part was doing My Beautiful woman, becuase she gets to prance around onsatge teasing each boys as they sing. She liked the attention. Adrianna giggled-“Maybe that’s what’s buggin Gabby!”
Lexy looked over at Sean-“Oh no hun, see Gabby is head over heels for our boy Sean! And since we are close to Sean we are a threat to her!” Sean blushed and they all laughed as they continued talking about how fun this job was and how great all(well almost all) the guys were. The bus finally arrived at the hotel were they were staying for two days. The guys’ bus got there first, so they stood there and signed autographes and took pictures.
Lexy walked by hooked elbows with Johnny. He giggled the whole time they walked by-“Aww, those boys are soo sweet! Too bad they aren’t gay and interested in me!” Lexy started laughing so hard that Nick looked over at her and rolled his eyes.
When she got to her room she took a shower and decided she wanted to go shopping, so she called Maggie, Johnny, Michael, Adrianna and AJ. When she got downstairs she told them there was an outdoor mall a few blocks away. AJ arrived wearing sunglasses and a fisherman hat, with Charles, his bodygaurd, at side. They headed out and walked all over the streets. Only a few people recognized AJ and took pictures with him. Around 5, they decided to head back to get ready for the show, AJ helped Lexy bring in all her bags. As soon as they entered the room, a horrible stench filled their nostrils. Lexy and AJ started searching for the cause of the smell.
AJ looked under the bed and said-“Oh Lex! You need to take a look under your bed, near your suitcase!”
She groaned when she saw the dead HEADLESS fish under her bed, immidiatly she ran to the bathroom to throw up. She knew who had done this, and she was determined to get him back! AJ called room service and apologized as he asked for another room. An hour later, they all met up at the stadium for the show.
Nick smirked when Lexy walked in- “Well well, I noticed something fishy when I walked by your room.”
She felt her cheeks get red, but quickly snapped-“Yea, thanks for the lil present. IT stunk up ALL my clothes!” Everyone looked at Nick who was smiling, proudly. She continued-“But see, luckly for me, I took them to get dry cleaned...with your credit card.” Nick’s eyes grew wide, and she pulled a piece of paper out-“Don’t believe me? Here’s the receipt. Now keep in mind, a girl has a lot of clothes.” He took it from her hand and sure enough it said, Nick Carter paid $500 for her clothes. He stormed off angrily, as Lexy just crossed her arms and smiled.
****************
I want to show you guys the outfits that would be used in the concert for the dancers
Everybody(Backstreet's Back)Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Get Another BoyfriendPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting The CallPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Larger Than LifePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting EveryonePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Just Want You To KnowPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting More Than ThatPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting My Beautiful Woman Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chapter 8 by Tati
The next two months went by so fast, in between shows Nick and Lexy would prank each other. It was every two weeks that Nick pranked Lexy and visa versa. After Nick stunk up her clothes, Lexy decided that this needed to be good. She knew he had a date with some girl, and AJ told her what car he was gonna use, so she could get even. The guys were very suportive of her when it came to getting Nick back, they looked at it as them getting back at him for all the times he would prank them. Her partner in crime was Maggie, they went to the some store to buy fish vile, they put the liquid in his air thing while he was in the restaurant with his blonde bimbo. Both girls giggled as it got full so there was no way it wouldn’t work. When they were done, they took car marker and wrote “Payback is a Bitch!” They quickly went back to the hotel to sit back and enjoy when he got back. Meanwhile, Nick flirted like crazy with this girl, she was basically eating out of the palm of his hand, he knew he would have her tonight. They finished dinner and got in the car, since it was hot out, he quickly turned the air on, soon after, the smell came in and she freaked-“Oh my Gah! Nick wat is that horrible smell!”
He was furious, he knew it was Lexy, when he looked back to pull out he saw her message and flipped out-“THAT LITTLE!! AAGGH!” He banged his hands on the steering wheel angrily! When he got back to the hotel(alone) he went upto his room and found Lexy in his room watching TV with AJ. He put his keys down-“What is SHE doing here?”
AJ looked at Nick-“Watchin TV with me, it is my room too ya know?”
Nick looked at her-“Do you know how bad my car stunk? She threw up 3 times while I was driving in my RENTAL car!”
Lexy looked at him puzzled-“Maybe she should have kept her legs closed and it wouldn’t stink so badly!” With that she got up and walked out-“Bye AJ!”
AJ sat in his bed laughing so hard-“Oh man, this battle between you too is unbelievable!”
Two weeks after that, Nick let Lexy have a bubbly suprise in her bathroom. When she went to flush, tons of foam came out totally soaking her bathroom and some of her room. After that Lexy set up a trash can with half water half trash(horrible trash like tuna, bananas, spoiled milk, etc.) she set it up where it was leaning on the door, so she knocked on his door and ran to the corner. He opened it, it got his pants wet, from the knee down. He rolled his eyes-“ALEXIA!” Maggie and Lexy laughed from the other side of the hall.
So many different pranks were being played allover, and they were always serious pranks, not very friendly like. Something else that was not very friendly was Lexy and Gabby’s battle. Lexy found out that Gabby was jealous because she was immidiatly put to dance with one of the guys, when she has been around with them for 5 years now and she NEVER danced with any of them, and plus the whole Sean, Gabby’s boyfriend now, thing was ticking her off too. One after noon, Lexy was talking to Sean, like they always do and she playfully pushed him and Gabby walked by. She walked up to Lexy-“Get away from my Boyfriend!”
Lexy looked at her-“Hunny if you were not so insecure about yourself, then maybe your boyfriend wouldn’t come to me with his problems!”
Gabby must have been having a bad day because as Lexy was walking off, she jumped on her back knocking her to the floor-“YOU STUPID LITTLE SKANK!!” Lexy was trying to push her off as they both kicked and screamed. Sean went to get someone to help him stop them. Lexy was yanking Gabby’s hair and kicking her off. Gabby punched Lexy in the face but no hard cuz Lexy punched her in the lip busting it. Finally AJ pulled Lexy off who was now on top as Sean helped Gabby up. Kevin stood in between them-“ WOAH!! What the hell is going on here?”
Gabby was struggling to get loose from Sean and back to Lexy-“That little slut is jealous of me and can’t stay away from my boyfriend.”
Lexy rolled her eyes as she laughed-“You only wish I was jealous of you! You have NOTHING that I want! You are an unsecure little rat! That can hardly dance! And you wonder why you never got to be a lead dancer!”
Kevin yelled at both of them-“ENOUGH! Sorry I asked! Ok this is obviously a problem that will either be fixed or ignored. Either way you two need to be away from each other so, Lexy we’re moving you to our bus now.”
Lexy’s eyes grew wide-“Wha? Are you serious?” She sighed and she pulled away from AJ and stormed off to the tour bus. Gabby turned to Sean and put her head in his shoulder as she cried.
Lexy was furious as she packed up her stuff-“I can’t believe this! She throws herself at me and I get moved!”
Maggie sat on the bunk across from her-“Well you serously think the problem would go away if you were still in the same bus as Sean?”
Lexy stopped, then groaned-“Ugh your right! Shut up!” Both girls smiled for a bit, then Lexy remembered the real reason she was mad-“You know this only makes it easier for Nick to mess with me!”
Maggie shook her head as she carried one of Lexy’s bags out. Aj was just walking up to the bus to get Lexy-“Hey you! You ok?” Lexy nodded as she walked over to the bus. AJ put her stuff in a top bunk- “This bunk is for your stuff, the bunk under mine is gonna be your bunk, it’s the furthest away from Nick, cuz I know that is gonna bug you huh?”
Lexy looked down-“Thanks AJ!” She hugged him-“You know you are the only reason I am kinda happy to be here.Well the other guys too. It’s actually a good thing my mom is in town, I’m gonna go stay at their hotel to visit with them. I’ll be back tomorrow morning tho.” He noded as she walked away to get her backpack ready before her taxi got there.
Than night, she sat on her sisters bed talking about the great things that were going on in the tour. Darla was excited because she was gonna get to meet the guys the next day at the concert. She finally fell asleep on the sofabed, so Lexy went to the room that she was gonna sleep in.
Her mom was in town for a business trip so she was out all night. Around 2 AM Lexy heard her door open, she gasp quietly. She knew who is was, she lay in bed pretending to be asleep. He walked up to her bed and pulled the covers away from her. She sat up, realizing this was not a dream-“Jonathon! Please, you said you would stop!” He covered her mouth as he pulled her t-shirt up.
Chapter 9 by Tati
The next morning she walked onto the bus to set her stuff down, she was quiet as she walked by the bus driver. Nick was on his way out of the bus-“Hey we’re having a meeting in Kevin’s room.”
Lexy didn’t look at him-“Ok I’ll be there in a bit.”
Nick sighed and shook his head-“No Alexia now!”
She continued walking-“OH well guess y’all will have to wait!”
He grabbed her wrist to turn her around, she winced when he tightened his grip-“NO!”
She pushed her pain aside and looked at him wearily-“Not today Nick!”
He let go of her wrist when he felt it get wet-“What happened to your wrist? There’s blood?”
She put her hands behind her back-“I was playing with my sister and I broke a lamp and cut myself. It was an accident, there is no need to alert the group.” With that she walked into the bathroom, where she re-rapped her wrist as she cried. Brian knocked on the door-“Lexy! C’mon sweety we’re waiting for you.”
She rinsed her face and pulled a wrist band out of her backpack-“I’m coming!”
After the meeting, Maggie pulled Lexy aside and asked her what was going on, why she looked upset, Lexy decided that it was time for someone to know, so she told her everything that had been going on for months now. After hearing it, both girls ended up in tears as Maggie promised not to tell anyone about this. Maggie tried to make the situation a bit lighter with some good news she had just found out-“Hey Lexy, promise not to tell Michael what I am about to tell you?” Lexy wiped away the tears and nodded, so Maggie continued-“ok, I just found out I am pregnant! But I don’t want Michael to know yet. I want to tell him in 2 weeks when we celebrate our two years together.”
Lexy hugged her friend-“Wow! I am so happy for you!! Aww I can’t wait till you have it!!” They decided that it was time to get up and get ready for the show, Darla was gonna be there soon so they had to take showers and stuff. The next night, Lauren(the PR) threw a party for the guys in the ballroom of the Hotel they were staying at, it was a party for the press to be around them and talk to them and for the boys to relax. Everyone danced and had tons of fun, Lexy decided to get trashed, after the events of the day before she needed it. Maggie couldn’t get drunk so she took care of Lexy, since she was underage and all, around 3 am Lexy decided she was done here and needed to go to bed, so she did. When she reached the elevator she sat in it as the room spun, she looked up and Nick was standing there looking down at her. She groaned-“Ugh! Of all people it had to be you!”
He laughed-“I am not so thrilled either, except I get to laugh at how drunk you’re ass is.” When they reached their floor, Nick walked ahead and Lexy stumbled, without turning around Nick spoke to her-“You need help?”
She snapped back at him-“No! I don’t need your help! My life was not that great and you stepping into it only making it worse!”
Nick shook his head as he heard a thud, he turned around and she was on the floor, he went back and helped her up-“C’mon let me give you a hand.”
She tried to pull away but couldn’t-“You don’t care! No one cares about me! You know why I was upset yesterday morning?”
He shook his head-“No, but I’m sure your abut to tell me.”
She continued, ignoring his remark-“Well here is why! My stepdad raped me!” He stopped and stared at her as she continued-“Yep! Oh but don’t worry, he’s been doing it for a while now!”
Maggie had walked out of the elevator and hurried to shut her friend up-“Uh Lexy!”
But Lexy kept going-“And to make the feeling of sickness go away, I cut myself. It makes what ever pain I feel go away! I mean, this is my mom’s husband! And he takes advantage of me! What is wrong with you men?”
Maggie took Lexy’s arm-“C’mon sweetie you have said enough.” Maggie put Lexy in her room, and she took off to the bathroom to throw up. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, Lexy went to bed. Maggie walked out of the room when she was sure that Lexy was asleep and ok. Nick was standing outside of the room with his key in his hand, waiting for Maggie to step out-“Maggie, what is going on?”
Maggie put her head down-“Nick, this is something you are gonna have to talk with Lexy about when she wakes up. When she is sober, so she can tell you what she just blurted out. I’m sorry but I can’t let you know anything.” She walked to her room and closed the door.
Nick stood infront of Lexy’s room thinking about what had just happend, he shook his head and walked over to his room. He lay in his bed, her voice loudly screaming in his head. He could still here the pain in her voice, the confusion when she asked what was wrong with men. ‘That is a good question, what is wrong with that asshole that has done this to her’, he thought. He sighed as he turned off his lights and went to bed.
Lexy woke up with the biggest headache in the world, there two aspirins on her side table, a glass of milk, aspirin shouldn’t be taken on an empty stomach, and a pair of sunglasses. She smiled as she realized who had set them there-“AJ.” She got up, took a shower, and got something to eat, that’s when it hit her. She remembered what she had blurted out to Nick the night before, ‘Oh no! How could I be so stupid! Of all people to blurt that kind of shit out to! Oh, maybe he was drunk too, hopefully he forgot!’ Just as she finished that thought, there was a knock at the door, followed by-“Alexia! It’s Nick, we need to talk!” Lexy put her hand on her forehead sighed. She opened the door and looked into his eyes as he softly said “Hi.” She opened the door wider and walked away, he followed her as the went to sit on the love seat in her room.
She sat down and looked at him-“What’s up?”
He looked at her in disbelief-“What’s up? What do you mean what’s up? You know why I’m here. Tell me what you meant last night?”
Lexy tried to keep her cool-“Last night? I was drunk Nick, I didn’t know what I was saying I-”
Nick interrupted her-“No...tell me the truth.”
She breathed in slowly-“Ok, fine. 9 months ago, my mom met this man named Jonathon, who is closer to my age than hers! They dated for three months, after that, not knowing much about each other or anything, they got married. Soon after, my mom started working nights and he started to get frustrated. One night I was out with my friends and he caught them smoking pot and doing all kinds of things, but I wasn’t doing anything! I told him I wasn’t and he knew I wasn’t but with his frustration of my mom being gone almost every night, he decided he would believe I did do drugs. One night as I slept in my room, he went in and held me down, I struggled and pleaded that he wouldn’t but he did. He said that if I mentioned this to anyone, he would tell my mom that I did do drugs and tell her that I wanted him to be mine. My mom would believe him too because she swears he doesn’t lie. So I kept my mouth shut, and he continued doing that to me.” She looked at him, and he was getting mad but held it in. She looked away from him, as the tears started to roll down her cheeks one by one-“Soon after this had started, I felt like I needed to drown my sorrows, with pain. After he would leave my room I would take a blade, razor or even a piece of glass and cut my arm, not deep enough to where I would bleed to death. Instead of going across the wrist I went up and down. It was the only way I could make the horrible feeling of HIM go away.” By this time, she was sobbing, looking down. She couldn’t’ look at him, not to his face, especially after the past few months she had played off as such a badass-“Please Nick you can’t tell anyone! Please?!”
Nick looked at her, holding back his own sadness-“ Lexy, you should have reported him. This is dangerous for you! What if you would have accidentally slit your vein?”
Her sob got harder-“I know Nick! I know, but I couldn’t take my mind off of it! Ok I have issues I’m not perfect! I’m not such the badass as I came off! There now you know what brings Alexia down! Now you can go off and tell your friends that I am this low piece of shit that cuts herself, bring me down more Nick!! Happy now??” She was shaking as she sobbed into her hands.
Nick kneeled infront of her and removed her hands from her face-“Lexy, I’m sorry I have been such an ass in the past. It’s over now Lex! You are with us now! He can’t get to you!” He stopped and thought about the other morning-“Oh Lexy! The other morning, when I grabbed your hand, you had just gotten back from staying with your family. Don’t tell me he did it here!!” She looked away from him and nodded. He took her hand and removed the wrist band she was wearing, revealing her bandage. She looked at his face, she could see concern a side of Nick she had never gotten the chance to see. He looked up at her-“Can I see? It’s time for new bandages anyways.” She was hesitant, but nodded. She watched him look at her wrist, his hands were softly touching her arm. He slowly took them off and gasped a little bit when he saw her vertical gash. She felt her tears start up again but he stopped her-“Shh no Lexy! No, it’s ok. It’s over!” He quickly wrapped her in a tight hug, she silently sobbed for a little bit in his chest, minutes later she let out a sigh. He helped her get new bandages and put her wrist band back on.
She smiled-“You called me Lexy.”
He laughed-“Yea I did. What do you say we end this little war between us?” He put his hand out for her to shake, she laughed and shook it, he laughed-"Good deal.”
Chapter 10 by Tati
When they arrived at Alabama, they stayed in Mobile. They were off that night, but their concert was the next day, so when they settled down everyone went to Nick and AJ’s room to figure out what they were gonna do. Lexy was sitting in front of AJ, with her head resting on his leg. Maggie suggested going to the movies and everyone said that was a good idea. Kevin walked in late, with Kristen at hand-“Ok! I just talked to the guys downstairs and he said that a little bit out of the city, there is a small small town carnival. Not many people that would recognize us, but he said they usually are fun.”
Lexy looked over at Maggie who were both smiling really big. Nick was sitting on the floor next to Lexy, laughing at their huge smiles. She pulled on AJ’s pant leg-“We have got to do that! I have never been to one!! Please!!”
AJ laughed at her plea-“I dunno, what do you think Nick?”
She looked over at Nick and put on her best puppy face and he smiled-“Oh I can’t say no to that face!” Lexy squealed and threw her arms around his neck. Everyone laughed, but were puzzled with the new found friendship between those two. While Brian called downstairs to have a big van brought over for them, everyone questioned Nick and Lexy. Nick looked over at her with a smile-“We just decided to put our differences aside and just enjoy this tour.” Lexy looked at him, as he winked at her, she smiled and nodded.
On their way downstairs, they ran into the other dancers who were going to find a club. Lexy looked at Maggie-“Are they always doings something on their own? Not into hanging out with the guys huh?”
Maggie shook her head-“No. They feel like if they work with the guys they don’t need to be with us ALL the time.”
Lexy laughed-“How could you not wanna be with these guys all the time?”
Maggie laughed-“I know!!”
The bus ride was interesting, it was Kevin(driving), Kristen, and Adrianna in the front seat. In the next seat it was Nick, Lexy, AJ and Howie. The last row was the one that was crowded, it was Brian, Leighanne(Baylee in her lap), Maggie, Michael, and Pollyanna. It was about an hour and a half away from the hotel, but it was worth it, because they actually felt normal to be driving. It was like a group of friends going to have fun. When they arrived, there were many cars there, but no one panicked. Lexy walked with AJ-“Oh this is soo exciting!!”
Aj laughed-“You seriously haven’t been to a carnival?”
Lexy shook her head-“NO! But I have always wanted to go because it just seems soo fun! Eating Cotton Candy, playing games, riding the Ferris wheel! Oh man AJ I am soo excited!!” She jumped up and down as she walked infront of AJ facing him.
Nick laughed as he caught up with them-“Woah! Calm down there Lexy! We haven’t even given you an candy yet!?”
She looked at him-“Funny!” The first thing they did was play the game where you through rings on bottle tops to get a crazy looking hat. AJ succedded and got A pinkish hat, Lexy was walking doing a pimp walk around Nick and AJ. Nick leaned over to AJ-“Wow! She looks like such a little kid!”
AJ laughed-“Yea she does, it’s cute!”
After a few more games, Nick went over and bought Lexy some cotton candy. Maggie and Lexy were having so much fun! They got on some teacup look alike and the Ferris wheel. It was a blast for them two. They caught up with Nick and Brian as they were shooting a basketball to get a medium size bear. Nick made it and picked a very pretty white one with a huge heart, he smiled at Lexy, who was standing next to him-“Here, this is our new friendship present.” She smiled as she took it from him, looking into his eyes.
Maggie and Michael watched them and looked at each other then both said-“NAH!!”
In the middle of the area, there was a small place to dance(like in Sweet Home Alabama). The group found it’s way to it and decided to go out there and do some line dancing with the towns people. Just then the guy on the mic laughed-“Ok, here is a song to honor our special guest.” The band started playing Quit Playing Games. The guys looked around and started laughing.
Kevin looked over at the gang-“Wow, I didn’t think they saw us!”
Brian looked over at the guys-“C’mon guys let’s do this song for them. They have totally been respective towards us by not stalking us!” The other guys agreed and they went on stage and did a 4 song concert for the crowd, taking pictures and signing autographs. The girls just stood on the dance floor singing along and dancing. The night was a total success, they all were tired by the time they got in the van. When they arrived at the hotel, it was around 1:30 am. Nick carried Lexy up to her room, because she had fallen asleep. AJ opened the door for him and they set her in her bed, both boys looked down at her as she peacefully slept. Nick removed a strand of hair that had fallen on her face and smiled. AJ sighed as he saw Nick also watching her and thought, ‘Could this be turning into a small love triangle?’ The boys left her room and went to their own. Nick went over to his lap top to check in on the fan club site, he looked over the message boards and the chat room. He never said anything but loved hearing what the girls had to say about them. AJ lay in his bed thinking about Lexy, and how she had so much fun tonight. He was trying soo hard not to fall for her, he had told her he did not want a relationship, and she agreed. He can’t just come out and say he was wrong he wants a relationship wit her. He sighed as he continued to picture her in his mind, dancing and laughin with Maggie and the gang.
Nick continued reading the threads in the message board, but he wasn’t really paying attention. For some strange reason, he couldn’t take Lexy out of his mind. There was a picture of her stuck in his mind of her smiling when he gave her the bear. He put his head down and continued to think, ‘I can’t feel this. I see the way AJ looks at her. I see their friendship. Ugh, why can’t I shake her off? It might have been better when we were fighting. Then I wouldn’t feel so confused.’
Both guys sat there in silence now knowing that they were both falling for the same girl.
Chapter 11 by Tati
The next few days were so much fun, they had press conferences and photo shoots. Lexy loved going to the photo shoots because she would take her own camera and take shots of the guys laughing and goofing off. She had these disposable cameras that she would buy on the way up there, then just start shooting before the camera men started. She got them laughing, talking, and even when they were serious. One day, they headed up to the studio for another photo shoot, Nick stopped Lexy before she went inside-“Hey Lexy, can I talk to you real quick please?”
She looked at him confused and stepped aside-“Sure.”
He smiled as he looked at her-“OK, I have noticed you taking pictures during our photo shoot with a disposable camera, sooo I went out yesterday and bought you this.” He took out a professional camera out from behind him and handed it to her, her eyes got wide as his smile did too-“But? OH Nick Thank you But why?”
He laughed-“Just because I bet the pics look great!”
She threw her arms around his neck-“THANK YOU ”
He laughed-“Your welcome.”
Lexy went over to show Maggie her new camera and told her Nick gave it to her. Maggie smiled over at Nick who was standing infront of a mirror checking his outfit, well pretending to check his outfit, he was really looking at the girls through the mirror. Lexy was so excited as she took pics of the guys, of the wives, she loved taking pictures of Baylee. He didn’t mind he thought it was funny and laughed making the pictures adorable. Lexy also took pictures of herself and Maggie, then Maggie with Michael, then Maggie posing and goofing off. The other things that went on where that AJ and Nick practically fought for Lexy’s attention. AJ bought her a portable developer, Lexy was starting to think something fishy was going on. The night of their concert in New York, they were performing My Beautiful Woman, and Lexy walked on stage to strut around...
(During the intro of the song, she walks by each guy smiling Brian, Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Nick.)
(Lexy walks over to Nick and dances infront of him as he smiles and points at her)
Nick: How can I begin to
Tell you what you do to
Me every time I hear ya
More willing to wanna see ya
(Then she walks away and he follows her)
I know that there's no use in
Tryin' to explain the confusion
But still I'm not complainin''Bout my situation
(She walks up to AJ dances with him)
Let's not talk about a Possible ending
The very first time that I
Was lookin' to be your fella
I found my inspiration
Hidin' in your expression
So I put myself on forward
For your consideration
(She walks over the Brian plays with his tie, then to Howie and runs her hand through his hair, struts over to Kevin and runs her hand down his chest)
[Chorus:]
Let's not talk about a
Possible ending
Let's not think about it
Every day
And I know
I'm so
In love
With you
I'm finding it harder and harder to breath
Every time I'm near
(She stands in the middle of all the boys air rushes out from the floor)
My beautiful woman
(This is where she saw the big change. She walks up to Nick and start grinding with him)
And so we put the top down
To take you drivin' downtown
I guess we'll know just what to do
When you're lookin' to fool around
(AJ comes up to her and grabs her hand and twirls her around to face him and he also start dancing with her)
It's too late to stop me
I know we're gonna get down
(Nick looks at them confused, so he goes back to stand next to them)
[Chorus]
(each time one of the two would sing they would turn her to face them)
Nick: My beautiful woman AJ: My beautiful woman
Nick: My beautiful woman
(She finally pulled away from them to do the bridge)
B is for beautiful
as the sunshine (She Again pulls Brian’s tie)
E tells me everything
is feelin' alright (She walks behind Howie and puts a around him as they dip)
A goes to you and me
swingin' it down (She takes Kevin’s hand as he twirls her around)
T is two (AJ takes her by the waist and dips her)
I want you (Nick pulls her hand and pulls her close)
You've got me actin' like a fool (Both guys were on their knees infront of her)
The last chorus she takes her glasses off and lets her hair down so she can play with it, as the guys stare in awe while singing. Then Sean walks out on stage dressed like a college football player with a letterman jacket and she walks out with him.

When she gets off stage she turns to Sean-“That was so weird and fun ”
He laughs and she walks over to Maggie who had the most confused look on her face-“What in the world was that all about??”
Lexy shook her head-“I don’t know! That is not the way we planned it, they are not suppose to fight for my attention!” The good thing was that My Beautiful Woman was the second to last song for the guys, it was the last for the dancers so they got to go jump in the bus before the fans chased the guys. Maggie followed Lexy to her bus and they went to the back to talk. The show was over and the guys ran to the bus, Lexy and Maggie laughed because it was a race, who gets out first them or the fans. The guys didn’t go to the back of the bus, they heard Lexy and Maggie talking so they rode upfront to the hotel.
Lexy shook her head slowly-“Maggie, this has never happened before, the guys always do their parts the way it is planned!”
Maggie looked at the door and thought before speaking-“Lexy, I think Nick and AJ are fighting in real life for your attention. Therefore they fought on stage for it! IT’s a good thing that it looked planned! ”
Lexy sat amazed-“You think they are doing this for real? Is that why they buy me stuff? OMG how can I be soo stupid!”
Maggie laughed-“Wow, Lex, you are sharp as a ball.”
Lexy took one of the couch cushion and threw it at her friend-“SHUT UP!” Both girls laughed as they got up to get out. Maggie decided that her and Michael were gonna go swimming, Lexy waved at them as she walked to the elevator. Nick and AJ were standing waiting for the elevator very quietly, when they stepped in, you could cut the tension with a knife. When they reached their floor, Lexy stopped them both-“Guys, I need to know What was that??” Both guys looked at her as she continued-“What happened on stage? The whole pulling on me?” Neither one of the guys talked, they just put their heads down. She crossed her arms-“Fine, you want to be children, go for it. Goodnight.” She walked to her room and closed the door behind her. After showering, Lexy went to grab something to eat, but there was a knock on her door. She walked and opened it, AJ stood there looking at her-“Can we talk?”
She opened the door for him to walk in-“Sure, wat’s up?”
She walked over to the table where he sat, and stood with her arms crossed, as he began-“Lexy, I have to tell you, the past few days have been awesome. We have had so much fun together, and I see myself being drawn closer and closer to you. I know I said I wasn’t ready for a relationship but I need you.”
She was not expecting that, or the knock on the door that followed. She walked over to open it and saw Nick standing there, then he softly said-“Hi. Can we talk? Because Lexy I have been developing these feelings for you and I can’t stop them or make them go away. They just keep getting stronger and stronger by the day!” She closed her eyes and sighed as she opened the door wider for him to see AJ.
Nick’s eyes got wide as he saw AJ who was now standing up. Both guys seemed angry all of a sudden. Nick walked over to AJ and got in his face-“What the hell are you doing here??”
AJ stepped back-“Woah! Nick, get the fuck out of my face I would ask you the same question but I already know the answer!” Lexy watched them both in confusion.
Nick yelled at AJ-“Why are you here with her AJ? You don’t need to be here, if she wanted to get drunk, then I see a reason for her to call you!” Lexy gasped, she knew about AJ’s past and she knew that must have hurt.
But AJ didn’t keep his mouth shut-“OH Well I’m sure if she wanted to pig out and gain weight you would be the first one she would call!”
With that, Nick shoved him and they started shoving each other while yelling-“I’m gonna get her, just you watch!”
Lexy pushed both of them-“Guys!Guys! GUYS! Stop it both of you! Is that what I am too you? A prize you can win?”
Nick pointed at AJ-“My present for her was way better than yours I can buy her a whole studio as long I as I get her in the end!”
AJ laughed-“I can get her a whole mansion!! Where we could be together!”
Lexy was screaming at the top of her lungs-“STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!” She shoved both of them-“What the hell? Now you think you can buy me out?? I mean by all means buy me all the things you want to buy me, but if you think that I will sink so low to go out with who ever buys me more things or better things then you are very mistaken!! I would never date either one of you bozos! How dare you think that I am that type of person? I thought you knew me better!” Lexy had tears of anger welling up in her eyes-“Get out! Both of you! I’m sorry if you got the wrong idea but I am not interested in either one of you. Especially now that I see how shallow you too are! I will NOT be the reason the Backstreet Boys break up so you better get over this thing between you two!” AJ and Nick tried to explain but she cut them off-“GET OUT NOW!!!” They both stopped talking and looked at her, they knew they messed up, so they walked out of her room.
Anger still filling them both, they decided to ask Howie if Nick could stay with him and Mark stay with AJ since they had shared a room. The other two said yes without hesitation, they knew something was wrong.
Maggie knocked on Lexy’s door and was suprised to see Lexy tearless at the door. Maggie looked at her friend-“ What happened? We heard screaming?”
Lexy held the door open so Maggie could walk in-“It’s just that Nick and AJ came over here and messed up everything!” Lexy told Maggie the whole situation that was brought up in the past 30 minutes. Maggie was shocked-“Wow, I had a feeling Nick did but not AJ! What are you gonna do? Do you feel anything for either one of them?”
Lexy stared at Maggie, thinking about it, ‘oh my! Maggie is right? What am I gonna do? They are my best friends! But when I’m with them I feel happy but do I feel anything for either one of them? Or both of them...?’
Chapter 11 by Tati
The next few days were so much fun, they had press conferences and photo shoots. Lexy loved going to the photo shoots because she would take her own camera and take shots of the guys laughing and goofing off. She had these disposable cameras that she would buy on the way up there, then just start shooting before the camera men started. She got them laughing, talking, and even when they were serious. One day, they headed up to the studio for another photo shoot, Nick stopped Lexy before she went inside-“Hey Lexy, can I talk to you real quick please?”
She looked at him confused and stepped aside-“Sure.”
He smiled as he looked at her-“OK, I have noticed you taking pictures during our photo shoot with a disposable camera, sooo I went out yesterday and bought you this.” He took out a professional camera out from behind him and handed it to her, her eyes got wide as his smile did too-“But? OH Nick Thank you But why?”
He laughed-“Just because I bet the pics look great!”
She threw her arms around his neck-“THANK YOU ”
He laughed-“Your welcome.”
Lexy went over to show Maggie her new camera and told her Nick gave it to her. Maggie smiled over at Nick who was standing infront of a mirror checking his outfit, well pretending to check his outfit, he was really looking at the girls through the mirror. Lexy was so excited as she took pics of the guys, of the wives, she loved taking pictures of Baylee. He didn’t mind he thought it was funny and laughed making the pictures adorable. Lexy also took pictures of herself and Maggie, then Maggie with Michael, then Maggie posing and goofing off. The other things that went on where that AJ and Nick practically fought for Lexy’s attention. AJ bought her a portable developer, Lexy was starting to think something fishy was going on. The night of their concert in New York, they were performing My Beautiful Woman, and Lexy walked on stage to strut around...
(During the intro of the song, she walks by each guy smiling Brian, Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Nick.)
(Lexy walks over to Nick and dances infront of him as he smiles and points at her)
Nick: How can I begin to
Tell you what you do to
Me every time I hear ya
More willing to wanna see ya
(Then she walks away and he follows her)
I know that there's no use in
Tryin' to explain the confusion
But still I'm not complainin''Bout my situation
(She walks up to AJ dances with him)
Let's not talk about a Possible ending
The very first time that I
Was lookin' to be your fella
I found my inspiration
Hidin' in your expression
So I put myself on forward
For your consideration
(She walks over the Brian plays with his tie, then to Howie and runs her hand through his hair, struts over to Kevin and runs her hand down his chest)
[Chorus:]
Let's not talk about a
Possible ending
Let's not think about it
Every day
And I know
I'm so
In love
With you
I'm finding it harder and harder to breath
Every time I'm near
(She stands in the middle of all the boys air rushes out from the floor)
My beautiful woman
(This is where she saw the big change. She walks up to Nick and start grinding with him)
And so we put the top down
To take you drivin' downtown
I guess we'll know just what to do
When you're lookin' to fool around
(AJ comes up to her and grabs her hand and twirls her around to face him and he also start dancing with her)
It's too late to stop me
I know we're gonna get down
(Nick looks at them confused, so he goes back to stand next to them)
[Chorus]
(each time one of the two would sing they would turn her to face them)
Nick: My beautiful woman AJ: My beautiful woman
Nick: My beautiful woman
(She finally pulled away from them to do the bridge)
B is for beautiful
as the sunshine (She Again pulls Brian’s tie)
E tells me everything
is feelin' alright (She walks behind Howie and puts a around him as they dip)
A goes to you and me
swingin' it down (She takes Kevin’s hand as he twirls her around)
T is two (AJ takes her by the waist and dips her)
I want you (Nick pulls her hand and pulls her close)
You've got me actin' like a fool (Both guys were on their knees infront of her)
The last chorus she takes her glasses off and lets her hair down so she can play with it, as the guys stare in awe while singing. Then Sean walks out on stage dressed like a college football player with a letterman jacket and she walks out with him.

When she gets off stage she turns to Sean-“That was so weird and fun ”
He laughs and she walks over to Maggie who had the most confused look on her face-“What in the world was that all about??”
Lexy shook her head-“I don’t know! That is not the way we planned it, they are not suppose to fight for my attention!” The good thing was that My Beautiful Woman was the second to last song for the guys, it was the last for the dancers so they got to go jump in the bus before the fans chased the guys. Maggie followed Lexy to her bus and they went to the back to talk. The show was over and the guys ran to the bus, Lexy and Maggie laughed because it was a race, who gets out first them or the fans. The guys didn’t go to the back of the bus, they heard Lexy and Maggie talking so they rode upfront to the hotel.
Lexy shook her head slowly-“Maggie, this has never happened before, the guys always do their parts the way it is planned!”
Maggie looked at the door and thought before speaking-“Lexy, I think Nick and AJ are fighting in real life for your attention. Therefore they fought on stage for it! IT’s a good thing that it looked planned! ”
Lexy sat amazed-“You think they are doing this for real? Is that why they buy me stuff? OMG how can I be soo stupid!”
Maggie laughed-“Wow, Lex, you are sharp as a ball.”
Lexy took one of the couch cushion and threw it at her friend-“SHUT UP!” Both girls laughed as they got up to get out. Maggie decided that her and Michael were gonna go swimming, Lexy waved at them as she walked to the elevator. Nick and AJ were standing waiting for the elevator very quietly, when they stepped in, you could cut the tension with a knife. When they reached their floor, Lexy stopped them both-“Guys, I need to know What was that??” Both guys looked at her as she continued-“What happened on stage? The whole pulling on me?” Neither one of the guys talked, they just put their heads down. She crossed her arms-“Fine, you want to be children, go for it. Goodnight.” She walked to her room and closed the door behind her. After showering, Lexy went to grab something to eat, but there was a knock on her door. She walked and opened it, AJ stood there looking at her-“Can we talk?”
She opened the door for him to walk in-“Sure, wat’s up?”
She walked over to the table where he sat, and stood with her arms crossed, as he began-“Lexy, I have to tell you, the past few days have been awesome. We have had so much fun together, and I see myself being drawn closer and closer to you. I know I said I wasn’t ready for a relationship but I need you.”
She was not expecting that, or the knock on the door that followed. She walked over to open it and saw Nick standing there, then he softly said-“Hi. Can we talk? Because Lexy I have been developing these feelings for you and I can’t stop them or make them go away. They just keep getting stronger and stronger by the day!” She closed her eyes and sighed as she opened the door wider for him to see AJ.
Nick’s eyes got wide as he saw AJ who was now standing up. Both guys seemed angry all of a sudden. Nick walked over to AJ and got in his face-“What the hell are you doing here??”
AJ stepped back-“Woah! Nick, get the fuck out of my face I would ask you the same question but I already know the answer!” Lexy watched them both in confusion.
Nick yelled at AJ-“Why are you here with her AJ? You don’t need to be here, if she wanted to get drunk, then I see a reason for her to call you!” Lexy gasped, she knew about AJ’s past and she knew that must have hurt.
But AJ didn’t keep his mouth shut-“OH Well I’m sure if she wanted to pig out and gain weight you would be the first one she would call!”
With that, Nick shoved him and they started shoving each other while yelling-“I’m gonna get her, just you watch!”
Lexy pushed both of them-“Guys!Guys! GUYS! Stop it both of you! Is that what I am too you? A prize you can win?”
Nick pointed at AJ-“My present for her was way better than yours I can buy her a whole studio as long I as I get her in the end!”
AJ laughed-“I can get her a whole mansion!! Where we could be together!”
Lexy was screaming at the top of her lungs-“STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!” She shoved both of them-“What the hell? Now you think you can buy me out?? I mean by all means buy me all the things you want to buy me, but if you think that I will sink so low to go out with who ever buys me more things or better things then you are very mistaken!! I would never date either one of you bozos! How dare you think that I am that type of person? I thought you knew me better!” Lexy had tears of anger welling up in her eyes-“Get out! Both of you! I’m sorry if you got the wrong idea but I am not interested in either one of you. Especially now that I see how shallow you too are! I will NOT be the reason the Backstreet Boys break up so you better get over this thing between you two!” AJ and Nick tried to explain but she cut them off-“GET OUT NOW!!!” They both stopped talking and looked at her, they knew they messed up, so they walked out of her room.
Anger still filling them both, they decided to ask Howie if Nick could stay with him and Mark stay with AJ since they had shared a room. The other two said yes without hesitation, they knew something was wrong.
Maggie knocked on Lexy’s door and was suprised to see Lexy tearless at the door. Maggie looked at her friend-“ What happened? We heard screaming?”
Lexy held the door open so Maggie could walk in-“It’s just that Nick and AJ came over here and messed up everything!” Lexy told Maggie the whole situation that was brought up in the past 30 minutes. Maggie was shocked-“Wow, I had a feeling Nick did but not AJ! What are you gonna do? Do you feel anything for either one of them?”
Lexy stared at Maggie, thinking about it, ‘oh my! Maggie is right? What am I gonna do? They are my best friends! But when I’m with them I feel happy but do I feel anything for either one of them? Or both of them...?’
Chapter 13 by Tati
The next day, Lexy went downstairs to the lobby and next to Johnny who was playing cards with Sean. She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed. Johnny looked at her-“Rough night?”
Lexy groaned-“You have no idea!” Just then AJ was walking out of the elevator and looked over at her. She stood up as she smiled at Johnny-“But, I will have to tell you about it later cuz I’m leaving, I don’t wanna talk to AJ.” She walked off as AJ started walking towards her. She was ready to work out so she walked to the gym and put her headphones on as she got on the treadmill.
Adrianna walked over to her and got on the the one next to her-“Hey, what’s up?”
Lexy looked over at her-“Not much, just trying to get some peace and quiet! Haha”
Adrianna laughed-“Funny I thought this was were you work out!” Both girls continued jogging as they talked, Lexy sighed-“ I like to work out when I feel stressed.”
Adrianna laughed-“ Ah ha! See I knew there was something up.”
Lexy laughed-“Yea, but we’ll talk about later.” She finished up and went upstairs to shower.
That night during the show, Lexy did her parts of the dance with AJ, but hardly looked at him, she did not speak to either one of them. She loved My beautiful woman, because she kept away from them, making both guys confused during their song. Lexy went back up to her room as soon as the show was over. Nick and AJ had been trying to talk to her the whole time but she would avoid him. Brian stopped both guys who were not talking to each other-“Ok, we need to talk! Now!”
AJ and Nick looked at each other then at Brian as he walked into his room making them follow. Brian continued-“ OK, I spoke to Lexy, and I know what happened last night. It’s not so bad if she doesn’t talk to you because she isn’t always being watched but it is a big deal when YOU TWO don’t talk.”
Nick looked down-“ Brian, did Lexy tell you everything we said?”
Brian nodded-“Yea, everything! Including what the two of you said which shocked me! That’s not like you! To say something like that over a girl! I like Lexy, don’t get me wrong she is a good friend now, but she said so herself, she is not worth this fighting between you!” Nick and AJ looked at each other then looked away as Brian went on-“ Now make up and get over it. She isn’t interested anyways, there is no need to continue this sillyness.” Both guys sighed and apoligized while giving each other a hug. They decided that it would be better if they found Lexy and apologized to her.
Lexy was playing cards with Sean downstairs when Nick and AJ walked up, she rolled her eyes-“Hey Sean, I gotta go! I’ll see ya later.” She got up and started towalk away, but Nick caught her by the arm-“woah Lexy, listen we want to apoligize.” She look at them-“ You should be apologizing to each other not me.”
AJ smiled-“We already did, now we felt like we needed to apologize to you. We understand that you aren’t interested in either one of us, so we are ok with it. Promsie!”
Lexy smiled-“ So I can have my boys back?” Both guys nodded, and she hugged them.
The day after that Nick and AJ were not hanging around Lexy as much as they used to. Lexy walked over to Maggie-“Hey Maggie, I think Nick and AJ are avoiding me.”
Maggie looked over at the guys who were talking to Kevin-“Hmm, you said that everything was normal again rite? Well maybe they feel like since they KNOW you aren’t gonna date them, they shouldn’t try anymore.”
Lexy crossed her arms, “so that means that they can’t hang out with me??”
Maggie laughed-“Sadly I believe that’s what it means. Sorry hun!”
Lexy pouted and walked over to them, as she thought ‘Hell no, they aren’t avoiding me cuz I won’t date them.’ She tapped AJ’s shoulder-“Hey guys! Let’s go club hoppin tonight, since we’re off!”
Nick looked at her-“OH sry Lexy, we already have plans.”
Lexy frowned and walked over to Maggie who was shaking her head like-“I told you so.” Lexy walked over to the lobby and sat on the couch sighing. Brian walked over to her and smiled-“Hey cutie! Watcha doin’?”
Lexy looked at him-“Do you think that Nick and AJ are avoiding me becuase I wasn’t interested?”
Brian thought for a moment, then spoke-“Hmm, I dunno. That doesn’t soudn like them hun. Maybe you should talk to them.”
Lexy shook her head-“Nah, maybe they are just wanting to do their own guy thing. Thanx Brian.” Lexy got up and walked to the elevator, Nick stood behind her. They both got in the elevator, it was akward. Lexy finally spoke-“So, wat plans do you have tonight?”
Nick sighed-“We’re prolly gonna sit in the room and play video games.”
Lexy nodded slowly-“Oh.”
Nick smirked-“Why you wanna join us?”
Lexy shook her head-“Nah, don’t wanna inrtude on your male bonding.” She looked away and he laughed as he put his arm around her shoulder-“Lexy, you will never intrude! Unless you have a better idea on something to do tonight, cuz I can think of a few things that involve just us two.”
Lexy’s eyes got wide, she felt her face get hot, she smacked Nick in the chest, “NICK! You so wish!” She laughed as she got off the elevator and walked to her room.
Nick rubbed his chest laughing-“So, 8ish? My room?” He winked and blew her a kiss, she laughed and walked into her room. No matter how hard Nick tried, he couldn’t help but flirt with her, he knew it was something he shouldn’t do.
She sat in her hotel room, watching TV when her phone rang, it was Maggie-“Hey girlie what’s up?”
Maggie sighed-“I am bored out of my mind, wanna go for a walk with me? Not too far just to get out?”
Lexy groaned-“Oh Hun I would love to but AJ and Nick challenged me to some video games and I already said yes! Maybe we’ll catch up!”
Maggie giggled-“You and those boys are too silly!! Ok just give me a call if you do!”
Lexy agreed and hung up. 20 minutes later the guys showed up and she told them that Maggie wanted to walk. Lexy said she felt bad for letting her go alone so the guys agreed that they would go for a walk then come back and play all night. They ran into Howie and Michael on their way out, so they decided to go together, it would be fun. When they got downstairs, Lexy called Maggie on her cell-“Hey girl, where are you?”
Maggie paused-“Hmm, I am only 2 blocks away from the hotel. I got distracted by some fireworks. Are you gonna join me?”
Lexy laughed-“Yes ma’am! I brought the whole gang!”
Maggie laughed-“Oh awesome. Excuse me! Leave her alone! She is an old woman! Hey..hey-” The call was lost, Lexy looked at the guys-“Oh my! Guys I think something happened, I could here a man, and some rustling on the phone.” Nick ran to the front desk and got keys to a rental car, they decided they would get there faster this way. Howie called the cops, they said they were a couples of blocks away, and were headed over to them. When they reached 2 blocks, they got out and started running. They turned into an alley where they heard arguing, and there was Maggie, with a man behind her.
Maggie was scared-“Michael! Help me!He has a gun!”
The man laughed-“See, your friend here, wouldn’t be in this position if she had just minded her own business. Wait, I know you guys! You’re those damn Backstreet Boys! You and your money, you can get away with everything! Not like us normal people who can’t get away with anything. You people don’t know ANYTHING about living life the rough way.”
Nick tried to get close-“No man, we don’t but you do not need to be holding anyone hostage. Let her go!”
The man laughed again, his laugh sent a shiver down Lexy’s spine-“ You think it’s that easy? She already saw my face! I think I’m just gonna take her with me and play with her.”
Michael wanted to launch himself towards this guy, AJ held him back as the man took the gun and pointed it at them-“Don’t you dare come near me, or else I will shoot all of you!”
Nobody moved, AJ started talking-“Listen man, you can have anything you want, we will let you go and give you our money and tons of stuff! Just let her go!”
The man walked back wards a bit, he was in the shadow, so no one could see his face-“No, no no, see you will say that, and then turn around and backstab me! No, it’s not that easy!”
Michael was frustrated by now-“Just let her fuckin go!! You sick fuck!!” Lexy was starting to tear up, her friend was in danger and there was nothing she could do, she took a step forward-“Please sir, just let her go! Please! Take what we offer but please just let her go!!” The man shook his head,-“No, see no! She already saw my face! She did!” He started mumbling to himself, then started screaming-“You’re gonna turn me in, and I’m gonna go to jail!! I can’t go to jail!!” He started walking back and Maggie was bawling by now, the man continued screaming. Everyone wanted to get him so bad, but were scared, they could just watch and hope the cops got here on time. Just then the most horrifying sound echoed through the alley...*BANG* followed by silence...
Chapter 14 by Tati
When all the sound came back all Lexy could hear was Michael screaming “NOOO!!!”, so she looked over at Maggie, her eyes were wide as tears filled her eyes. The man was also shocked with what he had done, so he dropped the gun and ran off in the opposite direction. Nick and AJ ran fast behind him until they disappeared in the darkness. Maggie took two steps forward then colapsed, Lexy and Michael reached her before she hit the floor. Maggie lay across Lexy’s lap as Michael spoke to her-“Baby, listen to me! Focus on me baby! Please don’t leave me please!”
Lexy brushed away the hair from Maggie face as tears started running down her face-“Maggie, Hunny please stay with us! Ok? The ambulence should be here soon, don’t you go away!!”
Maggie was trembling, as slow tears rolled out of her eyes-“It hurts Michael! I’m so scared!”
Michael cried to her-“I know baby, but please hold on!”
A police car arrived and Howie ran to him-“Hey! WE NEED AN AMBULENCE!! The man ran off that way, hurry!!” the police called in an ambulence which was around the corner and took off to find Nick, AJ and the man.
Michael was holding her hands-“Maggie, hey baby, remember the day we met?” He started talking to her to get her mind off of the pain.
Maggie looked at him-“I love you Michael, I always loved you!”
Michael shook his head-“No! Don’t you start saying this. Maggie please baby don’t leave me! I love you!”
Lexy was crying as she held Maggie-“Oh Michael! Keep her talkin, I hear the ambulence!!” Michael nodded, as Lexy pointed at Howie-“Hurry! Go stand on the corner to lead them here!” Howie ran, and minutes later the paramedics came and put her on a strecher. Nick and AJ were back by now asking what hospital they were taking her to. Lexy cried with Michael as they watched the ambulence drive away.
*2 Hours Later*
The ride back to the hotel was very quiet, no one spoke, all you could here were sniffles every once in a while. The events of the past two hours kept re-occuring in Lexy’s mind. When they reached the hospital, they waited for what seemed forever just to have the doctor come out and say that Maggie had died in the ambulence and there was nothing they could do. Michael immidiatly fell to the floor, crying uncontrollably. Lexy ran to him and held him repeating-“I’m sorry,” over and over again, but she didn’t cry. Nick covered his eyes-“Dammit!! That fuckin guy is definatly gonna get what’s coming to him!! GOD!!” AJ started crying into his hands, as Howie stood in shock until it hit him and he too started crying. Not Lexy, she just held Michael as he bawled in her arms-“Why? Why Maggie?? God, my love my baby!!”
The doctor allowed him to go to the room and see her. Lexy went with him as he stood over her bed holding on to her hands-“Oh Maggie, why did you leave me? I love you!! I need you! Maggie!!”
Lexy watched him as he continued crying, she couldn’t take it so she left the room. Now, two hours later, Michael continued crying as they rode in silence to the hotel. When they reached the hotel, everyone was in the lobby waiting to see if they heard something, but the minute they saw their faces, the rest of the crew knew what had happened. Kevin shook his head in disbelief as Kristin threw herself into his shoulder crying. Leighanne ran to Michael and hugged him. Everyone was hugging each other and crying in the lobby, as Lexy continued walking toward the elevator. She had been silent the whole time they rode back. Nick looked at her as she got in the elevator, quickly he ran to Kevin-“Yo I need the key to Lexy’s room!! NOW!” Kevin searched for it and handed it to him no questions asked.
AJ thought grabbed Nick’s arm-“Maybe she needs time Nick! You can’t just barge in and be her shoulder to cry on!”
Nick pulled his arm away-“You don’t know Lexy the way I do! This isnt’ about you and me getting to her! This is serious, now get off!” Nick ran to the stairs entrance and climbed the stairs faster than he had ever climbed. When he reached her room he went in and looked for her, he was so afraid of what he was gonna find in her bathroom, but he was glad he got there when he did. Lexy stood over the sink with a blade from her razor pulling her sleeves up. Nick ran into the bathroom-“LEXY STOP!”
Lexy looked at him shaking her head-“No Nick! Leave me alone!”
Nick walked over to her and took the blade from her-“NO Lexy, this is not the way and you know it!” He grabbed her arms near the shoulder and shook her-“Maggie wouldn’t want it this way! You are in shock Lexy! You can’t do this to yourself!”
Lexy snapped out of it started crying she struggled to pull away-“No Nick! I have too! It hurts too much!! My chest is in pain, I feel horrible!! Let me do it Nick Please!! I need too!!”
Nick shook her-“Lexy get a grip!! Listen to yourself! You don’t need to!”
Lexy realized what she was doing and stopped struggling and just let him pull her into him-“ OH Nick!! Why her?? Why Maggie?? It should have been ME!! I should have been the one to die tonight, not Maggie!!”
Nick was also bawling-“No baby! Don’t say that! You couldn’t have prevented it!”
Lexy’s knees went week as she realized something, they both fell to the floor to a kneeling position, Nick continued holding her-“Nick it should have been me! If I would have gone with her when she invited me, this woudln’t have happened! OH GOD it’s my fault!”
Nick spoke between tears-“No, Lexy you can’t blame yourself for what happened tonight! It was not your fault!”
Lexy’s stomach turned-“She was pregnant Nick!! She was gonna have a baby”
Nick’s eyes got wide as he pulled her away so he could look at her-“What? How do you know?”
She cried into her hands-“Oh Nick, she told me a few weeks ago! She was gonna tell Michael on their two year anniversary! GOD WHY COULDN’T IT BE ME!! I HAVE NOTHING LIKE THAT!! THEY COULD HAVE HAD A FAMILY!”
Nick pulled her back into his arms-“Shhh, baby it’s ok. It’s gonna be ok.”
Lexy got angry, she started pounding her fists into his chest pushing Nick, he flexed and took it in-“No! It’s not ok! She was my best friend! She was the only person on in this damn place that cared about me! She was like my sister! My best friend why? Now I have no one! I have no one! And Michael has no one!” Nick pulled her away to look into her eyes-“No Lexy! That’s not true! You have me!!! You have me!” Nick and Lexy sat on her bathroom floor crying uncontrollably. What both of them didn’t know was that AJ was outside hearing everything, he wiped the tears that had rolled down his cheek as he walked out of the room. Minutes later, Lexy looked down, it was the first time she realized that she was covered in blood she started panicking-“Oh my God! It’s her blood! It’s her blood! Get it off, it’s Maggie! Get it off!!” Nick grabbed her shoulders and held her down-“LEXY LEXY! CALM DOWN!” He went to the shower and started the water, he helped her get her jacket off, then started walking out. Lexy grabbed his arm-“Nick, don’t leave me. I don’t wanna be alone tonight.”
Nick looked at her-“Don’t worry Lexy, while you take a shower, I’ll go get clothes from my room, then I’ll be back before you’re even done. I promise.”
She nodded and continued getting undressed. Nick walked out of her room and saw the rest of the guys standing outside, eyes red and all. Brian hugged Nick-“How is she doing?”
Nick sighed-“She is better. It really hit her that...she’s gone.” He was starting to get choked up, Kevin hugged him as he let out his cries again. Howie stood by letting the tears roll down. AJ stood against the wall watching them all, he felt horrible. So when Nick went into his room to get his clothes AJ went up to him. Both guys looked at each other, without saying anything they hugged each other as they cried. AJ spoke in between sobs-“I’m sorry man! I’m sorry for letting jealousy come in during a time like this. I’m sorry, be there for her. She needs you.”
Nick nodded as he grabbed his clothes and went back to Lexy’s room. When she was done with her shower, she got dressed and climbed into her bed, Nick put her clothes in a bag to throw away then showered himself. She layed in bed as she cried herself to sleep. When Nick was done, he went over to her bed and sat next to her, as she still sniffled, he watched her, letting more tears fall out. When he went to get up, she stirred-“Nick, stay. Please.”
He looked at her as he wiped a tear from his eye-“Ok.” He climbed into the bed with her and she rested her head on his shoulder and fell back asleep.
Chapter 15 by Tati
The next morning, Lexy woke up with a head ache she turned around and saw Nick peacefully sleeping, he had bags under his eyes. She sighed as she remember the events from the day before, she was hoping it was all a bad dream but it wasn’t and she had to face the facts. She was not ready to face anyone else, that would only bring more tears, she wanted to cry alone, not with everyone else. Luckily they were off that day, or else the fans would see Backstreet Boys and dancers with very puffy eyes. Lexy got her stuff ready to load on the bus, showered and got dressed. As she started lifting her things, Nick walked out of the room with his hair messed up-“Hey, where are you going?”
She picked up her backpack-“I’m gonna go ahead and get on the bus, I really don’t wanna see anyone right now.”
Nick nodded and walked over to her and kissed her forehead-“Ok, I’ll see ya later.”
She walked out of the room with her suitcase, backpack, and purse. She wore a hat to cover her face, incase she ran into fans which she knew she would find. When she got downstairs, there were two girls waiting by the doors with their cameras standing waiting impatiently. As Lexy walked by them she spoke softly-“They aren’t up yet. You can take a seat and wait.”
The girls looked at Lexy-“What?”
Lexy looked at them, with out showing her eyes-“The boys, they are still sleeping. Nick actually JUST got up. You can sit. It won’t be another 30 minutes till they come down. I promise you will get your chance, they are usually nice to the fans waiting here.” She didn’t wait for their response and continued walking over to the bus. Johnson(the driver) walked over to Lexy to help her load her luggage-“Morning Lexy.” He knew she didn’t want to talk, he figures since Maggie was her best friend, so he didn’t, he just put her luggage in the compartment in silence.
Lexy smiled weakly-“Morning Johnson. Thank you.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek and got on the bus. When she reached her bunk she hoped on and put her MP3 player on repeat ALL songs. She lay in her bed, as tears rolled down her eyes, even as she slept tears fell down. Every once in a while Nick and AJ would check up on her. She slept most of the way, when they got to the hotel, Lexy was the first one off the bus and in her room. No one said anything to her, and hardly anyone said anything to each other. Later on that after noon, Lexy was much calmer, she wanted to go to the mall that she had seen up a few blocks away. She got dressed and was putting on her make up when there was a knock on the door. She walked over to it and saw AJ, he smiled-“Hey. How are you holding up?”
Lexy fought her tears-“I’m doing ok, I mean how well could I be?”
He nodded, then grabbed her hand and softly pulled her in for a hug. She could smell his cologne, she dug her face in his chest, she heard someone walk up. She pulled away and saw Nick walking up, a look of shock was on his face for a small instant, he quickly changed his expression-“Hey guys. We’re having a meeting in Kevin’s room in five minutes. I was just coming to get Lexy.”
Aj caressed Lexy’s cheek-“It’s gonna be ok kid. I promise.” She nodded and smiled as he walked to Kevin’s room.
Lexy turned around to get her bag from her room, Nick followed-“Hey Lexy, how-“
She cut him off-“Nick, please don’t ask me how I’m doing? I know I’m gonna be hearing a lot of that when we get into the meeting. I don’t wanna hear it anymore, because I am not ok...but I gotta say I am so people can not feel sorry for me!”
Nick looked down-“Ok. I’ll just go.”
Immediately Lexy felt like an ass-“Nick wait!” He stopped, and she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist-“I’m sorry! I just don’t know how to feel. You are the last person I should be talking like that too. You were there for me last night, and I’m glad it was you. I couldn’t have had better company.” Nick softened up and wrapped his arms around her, he loved the way she felt in his arms, she continued-“I’m really really sorry. I just can’t take it anymore, that’s all. I was actually on my way out, I need to get my mind off of all of this. Will you forgive me?” She looked up at him, and gave him sad puppy eyes with a pout, he laughed-“How could I not! But I am gonna say one thing, you aren’t going anywhere alone, I will go with you! No arguing with that!” Lexy smiled and nodded as they walked over to Kevin’s room.
When they arrived, everyone looked at Lexy and gave her hugs and asked how she was doing, which she smiled shyly with her response.
Kevin began the meeting with Fatima at his side-“OK, last night we all suffered a horrible lost. Maggie was very amazing and a great friend to all of us.” He looked at Lexy when he said that-“she will be greatly missed. I hate to talk about this soo soon, but we need to mention the new dancer to take that spot.”
Fatima took it from here, she too had puffy eyes-“I had two girls and two boys in Florida learning all of the dances incase someone broke something or decided to quit. One of the girl dancers is on her way now, to fill in that spot. As you all know, this will change a few partners...AJ since you work well with newbies, you will now be dancing with Lisa, our new member, which means Lexy you will be dancing with Nick. If that’s not a problem, those are the new positions. Tomorrow we will run through the whole show, with the new girl twice then take a 2 hour brake and do the show.”
AJ looked over at Lexy who was whispering to Nick, he was disappointed as he thought to himself, ‘this is it, I’m not gonna win here. I might as well give her up, before I get really attached.’
Kevin continued-“Ok, I know this is gonna be really hard for all of us, but the day after tomorrow, we fly to LA for the funeral.”
The world it’s self made every one shudder, Lexy felt that knot in her throat form, the tears started swelling in her eyes, she pulled her hat lower and excused herself from the meeting, she figured all the important topics were covered. When she walked out, Kevin looked at Nick-“Hey, bro, go check on her, we’re about done here.” Nick nodded and ran out of there, he stopped when he saw her sitting on the floor next to her door crying softly. He walked over to her and picked her up to stand-“Lexy, it’s ok. It’s ok!”
She rubbed the tears from her eyes-“I know, I just don’t know how I’m gonna do this.” They walked into the room so she could re-apply her make-up then he walked with her to the mall, where she kinda got her mind off the topic. When they arrived at the hotel, Lexy walked in with a smile on her face, as Nick walked in behind her with 15 bags following her up to her room. AJ laughed as he was walking out of his room-“Dayum Bro! All that yours?”
Nick looked at him-“No Dawg! Do you seriously think I would buy this much shit?”
Lexy laughed-“Haha, they are all mine. Nicky just helped me carry them all.”
Aj continued laughing as Fatima walked up with Lisa, the new dancer-“Hey AJ, Nick, Lexy. This is Lisa, she is our new member.” Lisa seemed like a such a nice person, with a very friendly smile. AJ pulled his glasses down a bit and checked her out-“Hey baby, I’m AJ. Anything you need you come to me, got that?”
Nick looked at him thinking, ‘well he forgot Lexy fast,’ he laughed-“Hi Lisa, I’m Nick very nice meeting you.”
Lexy rolled her eyes at AJ and smiled at Lisa-“Hi, I’m Lexy. Don’t worry AJ won’t step on your toes too much.”
Lisa laughed-“Oh wow, I would hope not! Listen, I’m really sorry about what happened. I wish I wouldn’t have to meet you guys under this circumstance. You all seem real nice, I hope we can become good friends.”
Lexy smiled warmly-“Oh, don’t worry you will fit right in. I’m glad you get to join our crew.”
Aj cleared his throat-“OK, well Lisa, let me show you around.” He walked over to her and hooked elbows as he pulled her towards the elevator. Fatima, Nick , and Lexy all laughed.
The night of their concert, Lexy felt weird dancing with Nick, he would keep making faces at her as they would do the slow dances. When is was time to do Never Gone, the guys got serious, they pulled out their stools and Brian spoke to the fans-“This song has a whole new meaning to us now. Two days ago we lost our dancer Maggie. Those of you who have been to our shows know that she is the dancer that would dance with Nick.” The audience went silent, whispers were running around.
Kevin went on after Brian-“So lets have a moment of silence for Maggie.”
The whole stadium was silent, Lexy stood around watching as people put their heads down. Soon after Nick stood up, he started getting choked up-“Maggie, we love you WE’ll miss you!” Lexy felt the knot in her throat well up. The song started and the boys sang, Lexy stood watching the audience as tears started rolling out of their eyes. They started pointing behind the boys, so she went over infront of the stage and looked up. Behind the boys on the screen, there was a slide show of Maggie, it started off with her early years. Pictures of her with the guys and her with Michael, who was now standing next to Lexy bawling his eyes out. Tears started rolling down Lexy’s face when pictures of her and Lexy came on the screen, there were tons of them goofing off and stuff. Nick looked down at Lexy and noticed she was looking behind them, so he turned around. For a minute he stopped singing, then continued singing as he showed the other guys, by now there was not a dry eye in the stadium, all 5 guys were crying and you could hear it as they sang. Nick walked to the end of the stage and brought the dancers up, as they watched the last pictures go up, he wrapped his arm around Lexy as she cried into his chest. When the song ended, the fans clapped instead of scream, everyone went backstage to redo the make up for the rest of the show.
Chapter 16 by Tati
Lexy and Nick went shopping, when Lexy got a phone call on her celly she hadn’t seen this number in months. She picked up the phone-“OH MY GOSH! HI!” She shriek as her friend on the other side also shrieked.
Nick looked at her with a confused looked on his face, laughing at the screaming girl. Lexy covered the mic-“It’s my friend Toni! From back home! She’s in town, she called my mom and my mom told her where we are so she flew out here!” Nick laughed as she continued rambling on and on with her friend. He looked at her as he noticed that it was the first time she was seriously happy, they continued walking by the stores, window shopping. Lexy finally hung the phone up and turned to him with a huge smile on her face-“Oh, Nick...she is the sweetest person I am so glad she is in town, at least I can get my mind off of these past few days for a while. C’mon lets go back I need to change, I wanna go out with her tonight ”
Nick called a cab over and they went to the hotel. Toni went up to Lexy’s room and the girls talked about everything, it had been 2 years since Lexy had seen her. They went to high school together, then Toni went away for college, she was taking a year break now and wanted to see Lexy. Both girls decided they were gonna go to a club like they used to back then, in their younger years They would stay out till 3 in the morning get drunk and come back to continue the party there.
Meanwhile, Nick was in his room throwing a koosh ball up then catching it as he lay in bed. AJ walked in smiling-“Who is the cutie with Lexy? Dayum!”
Nick looked at him with an are you serious look-“Her friend from home, Toni. Weren’t you just with Lisa?”
AJ shook his head-“Nah, man she has a boyfriend! But you know it won’t last, we all know that relationships on this tour cannot happen with out your partner here.”
Nick nodded as he got up-“Hey have you seen Kev? I need to talk to him and to Johnny.”
AJ pointed to the door-“Actually, they were in the conference room together, you might still catch them. What do you want them for?”
Nick smiled-“I want to surprise Lexy!” with that he ran out of the room.
They headed over to the stadium, to get ready for the show. Lexy was talking to Toni and Lisa about how crazy these boys were, then AJ walked up to them-“Hello, I have not been introduced properly. I’m AJ.”
He extended his hand to Toni as she smiled-“Hi AJ, I’m Toni. Sorry you weren’t introduced properly but you sure do know how to interrupt a conversation properly.” Lisa and Lexy laughed as Aj smirked and shook his head walking over to Nick, who was getting his make up put on but he kept dodging the brush making Alice very frustrated-“NICK STOP MOVING!” He started laughing so hard and she shook her head. When he was done he ran over to the couch and jumped on it, Howie was sitting across from him-“Nick, why can’t you just behave?”
Nick sat up and grabbed a magazine and threw it at Howie-“Because I don’t want to I’m having fun Howie!”
Howie rolled his eyes as he picked up the magazine that was flung at him. The girls continued laughing at the whole thing, Nick look at them-“You guys think that’s funny?” They were laughed harder, not noticing Nick grabbed one of the water guns they used on stage and started shooting the girls.-“YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?? AAAGGGHHHH!” Lexy jumped up as the three girls screamed, they ran over to the dressing area and closed the door. Nick chased them laughing so hard, trying to open the door-“CHICKENS COME OUT!”, it took all three girls leaning against the door to keep it from being opened. Just then Kevin walked over to Nick-“GUYS! Come on, behave get dressed we’ll be late!”
The girls waited for Nick to back away, then got out. Lisa held her stomach from where it hurt from laughing so much-“You’re lucky you just got your make up put on or we would get you back.” Lisa had a bit of glow because her boyfriend was gonna spend the weekend with her, before they left to the next city. The show was great, Toni watched from the front row, infront of the small fence that separated the stage from the fans. After the show, Lexy, Lisa, and Toni went upstairs to change, they were gonna go clubbing. Nick, AJ, and Danny(Lisa’s Boyfriend) went upstairs to also change, they were not allowed to go with the girls cuz it was a girl thing. The guys were just gonna sit around, there was a knock on their door. AJ walked over and opened it, his jaw drop, eyes widened, and something below the belt might have happened. The three girls stood there, dressed and ready to go. AJ looked at them, then looked at the guys-“DAYUM Guys, we have company!” Nick and Danny walked over to the door, having the same reaction AJ had.
Danny hugged Lisa-“Baby, you’re going out, like this? Without me?”
Lisa smirked-“Yea, don’t worry we’ll be safe, we’re taking Jeremy, Nick’s bodyguard with us.”
All three guys looked at each other-“NO FAIR! And we don’t get to go?”
The girls laughed, as AJ pouted-“WE could be your bodyguard!” The girls shook their heads, as they hugged the guys and left. All they wanted was to show them how great they looked. The girls got in the limo and headed out.
The guys sat around, think of the girls, they were also thinking of ALL three girls even if they weren’t the ones they were after. After about an hour, the guys finally got up and said they were not gonna have the girls running around looking like that, Nick called Jeremy and begged him to tell them where they were.”
The girls were bar hopping, drinking and dancing. They were having a blast, different guys would form tight circles around them and they would all dance. At the third bar, the girls were dancing to some R&B song when there was a tight circle around them again. Lexy ran a hand through her hair when all of a sudden she felt a hand slide on her side. She got stiff, in the other bars, none of the guys would actually touch them unless they were invited to. Lexy turned around to see a very GORGEOUS Nick standing behind her, she gasped, she looked him up and down then smirked as she turned around had her back facing him as he pulled her in as they danced. She looked over and Lisa was facing Danny as they grinded together, their noses were touching, Toni was also facing AJ as she danced with his hands on her sides with a soft grip. The girls were glad the boys came, they were tired of dancing with strangers. They danced and drank(except for AJ of course) till 3:30 AM, then they decided to go back to the hotel, exhausted they all crashed, not leaving time to continue the party. Nick slept on the floor next to Lexy’s bed, Lisa and Danny slept in Lisa’s bed, AJ and Toni slept in his room. The next morning was gonna be painful.


***********************
Nick's outfit(ignore JC)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AJ's outfit
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Danny(Lisa's Boyfriend...except with clothes)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The girl's outfits
LisaPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting LexyPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting ToniPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chapter 17 by Tati
Lexy was sitting in the dining area, eating her breakfast when Lisa and Danny came down they were also holding their heads. Lexy giggled as they sat with her-“Morning, sleep well?”
They shook their heads, Danny went to get them breakfast, Lisa put her head down on the table. Lexy shook her head-“Oh man did we have fun or what? So, was Nick still sleeping when you got up?”
Lisa nodded as she looked over to the elevator. Toni and AJ walked out holding hands whispering in each others ears. For a split second Lexy felt jealousy, she quickly shook the thought away and smiled-“Well you too look better than all of us!”
Toni smiled-“That’s wat happens when you have a good night.” She winked, Lexy’s jaw dropped, Toni laughed and walked over to the breakfast are.
Lexy looked at AJ-“AJ! You had SEX? She was drunk, you weren’t! You don’t know each other!”
AJ put his hand up-“Lexy, please don’t lecture me. I am a grown man, I can take care of myself. She was very aware of what she was doing, it’s not like I took advantage of her. Besides you should bring her around more often, I would love to get to know her better.”
Lexy was getting mad-“Don’t you tell me not to lecture...that is my FRIEND She is not a slut, not easy!”
AJ interrupted her-“WOah Lex, calm down I don’t see her that way.”
Lexy shook her head-“You better not hurt her.” With that she got up and walked over to the elevator, where she ran into Nick and Kevin.
Nick smiled-“Just the person we were looking for!”
Lexy looked at them-“what did I do?”
Kevin laughed as he placed a hand on her shoulder-“No no hunny, nothing. We just want to tell you that Toni can come on tour with us, as our back up dancer, in case something happens to another girl, ya know? Nick did this for you.”
Lexy looked at them both, extremely excited she hugged Kevin then hugged Nick-“Thank you! Oh Nick you rock!” She ran back to Toni and Lisa to tell them the news all three girls started jumpin up and down screaming. Toni flew back home that night to pick up some more clothes and necessities for the tour. After the show, everyone went back to the hotel to just relax. Lexy layed in her bed thinking about the past few days, it was such a emotional roller coaster, just then there was a knock on the door. She went up to get it and saw AJ standing there-“Hey, I just want to apologize for earlier. I didn’t mean to be mean, it’s just that you made it sound like I took advantage of her and it hurt, Lexy.”
Lexy looked down-“I know AJ. I’m sorry too, I didn’t mean it, it’s just that you just met her, it’s not like her.” They talked it over and both decided that Toni and AJ did rush into that, especially since she was drunk. The next day was a bit weird, Lexy was downstairs bored, so she went up to the front desk and smiled at the young man-“Hi, can I ask for a HUGE favor?”
The guy laughed-“Yes ma’am.”
She smiled bigger-“Good, can I borrow the ballroom to practice new dance moves for the concerts? Please? I won’t be long just an hour or two.” She pouted and he laughed as he nodded his head, she jumped up-“Thank you soo much!!” She ran upstairs to get her laptop and change into a workout outfit. She started the music up, she had made a CD with all the songs from the concert in the order they are performed. She started dancing to Safest Place to Hide, she always felt like the girls should be doing some kind of ballet to this song around the guys, and while the guys didn’t sing, they should dance with the girls. So she started choreographing to the song, pretending her guy was standing near her. In the middle of the song, she reached her hand out, to where the guy was suppose to grab it and twirl her in. Just then she felt a warm hand hold on to hers, she looked up and saw Nick smiling at her, he looked shy as he reeled her in. She continued dancing the song with him there and he smiled and danced what ever he could get out of it, then they stopped choreographing and he pulled her close to his body. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped them around her waist. They slow danced in silence, just looking into each others eyes, not saying a word. She couldn’t remove her eyes from his, then he did it. He closed his eyes and leaned in, she looked at his lips as they came closer and closer. She closed her eyes and brushed her lips against his. Suddenly someone cleared their throat, Nick and Lexy jump back and look at the door where AJ stood. Lexy ran over to the laptop to turn the music off, AJ looked down he looked a little hurt, but shook it off-“Hey Nick, you left your cell phone upstairs and it’s been ringing off the hook.”
Nick walked over to him and called the person back-“Thanks AJ.”
AJ looked over at Lexy with a smile, he had covered the pain he felt well but Lexy could still feel a little bit of it from him,-“So? Sorry to interrupt.”
Lexy blushed and turned her face-“Shh AJ, we were just choreographing a dance.”
He laughed-“Yea right! I don’t know about you but I’m not to sure Kristin and Leighanne will be too happy with their husbands kissing the dancers.”
Lexy covered her face squeezing her eyes tight, when Nick walked in-“Hey, Lexy I want you to meet someone come on!” He grabbed her hand and they ran out to the lobby. A tall guy with a hat and sunglasses walked in and Lexy immediately knew who it was. She looked at Nick as he smiled and put a finger to his lips-“Hey JT! How’s it goin?”
Justin took his sunglasses off as they walked over to the ballroom-“Hey man, I was in town and figured you were, so I knew you were staying here.” He hugged AJ then looked over at Lexy and smiled-“Hi, I’m Justin Timberlake.”
Nick looked at Lexy and winked(making her melt)-“Yea, this is Lexy, she is one of our dancers.”
She smiled and he looked at her-“Have we met before Lexy? I don’t think so, I would remember someone so beautiful as yourself.”
Lexy rolled her eyes-“I’d be careful JT, or I will tell the whole hotel that you’re here.”
Nick covered his mouth and Justin shook his head-“Oh don’t worry baby, that already ha-(he gasped and his eyes got wide)NOO!! YOU!!”
Nick, Lexy and AJ busted out laughing. Nick finally stopped-“Oh your face was priceless! Don’t worry man, she’s cool. She won’t harm ya!”
Justin faked a laugh then put his shades back on-“C’mon Nick, come with me to buy some things. Beats hanging around here.”
Lexy felt a bad vibe from Justin as he looked at her, she then looked at Nick who nodded. She put on a smile-“Nice seeing you again Justin. Excuse me I have work to do.” She walked over to the laptop, Nick followed her.
He held her hands and got close to her face so he could whisper-“We will continue this later.” He winked then, left with Justin. Lexy did not stop smiling as she worked on more dances.
Meanwhile Nick and Justin were eating and talking about different things. Justin then got serious-“So, is there something going on with you and Lexy?”
Nick smiled at the mention of her name-“No, not yet anyway.”
Justin did not smile-“She’s bad news Nick. She’s a fake person, she puts on an act for people. We met the real her! You don’t need to be with that kind of person, I bet she is messing around with other guys.”
Nick looked Justin-“C’mon man! Don’t say that you don’t know her! I’ve been on tour with her for months now, we’ve gotten to know each other well.”
Justin shook his head-“Naw dawg! Just watch her, later on today, she seems flirty and loose like that. I bet ya that she already had sex with some of the guys on tour. I promise you man, just watch her later on tonight when she hangs out with the other guys. Britney was the same way with me, then she cheats on me. I wanna save you the heart break man, we’re buds! I’m just looking out for ya!”
Nick looked at him, then thought about Lexy with the other guys...maybe Justin is right.
Chapter 18 by Tati
After Nick’s outing with Justin, he headed over to the stadium when he walked in he saw Lexy talking to Sean and Johnny. She started tickling Johnny and he picked her up and threw her on the couch and started tickling the crap out of her. Nick shook his head as he mumbled to himself-“he was right.” During the show, Nick was distant, his mind was on something else, Lexy had to tell him the step, she was concerned but not to much she figured he had a bad day. When the show was over, Lexy looked for him when they got to the hotel and Kevin told him that he had already went up to his room. Lisa walked over to Lexy-“Hey gurlie! You said you had something important to tell me earlier, sorry I couldn’t talk then.”
Lexy let Nick go, and laughed-“oh yea I called Toni right after it happened, she is so psyched to be back tomorrow. Let’s go upstairs so I can tell you.” The two girls went up to their room, and Lexy told her about what had happened earlier with Nick, the dance, the kiss and his winks.
Lisa smiled-“Aww How cute is that? Who would have thought Nick had his dreamy side.”
Lexy laughed-“DuH! Why else would girls love him?” Both girls started laughing, then Lexy stopped-“But, he was avoiding me earlier, and when we danced his mind was somewhere else. I’m worried cuz he didn’t come back to talk to me.”
Lisa frowned-“Maybe he was just having a bad day and he is tired, it happens ya know.” Lexy nodded and sighed. After a little more gossiping, Lisa went out with Danny, cuz he was leaving the next day, and Lexy went to bed.
The next day around noon, Lexy went downstairs to see if she could borrow the room again, and she saw a girl standing waiting for someone, anxiously looking at her watch. She was very pretty around 22 years old, with a camera. Lexy knew who she was waiting for so she felt like being nice. She went up to the girl and smiled-“Hi, I’m Lexy. I couldn’t help but notice that you are waiting for someone, and I think I have an idea who.”
The girl laughed shyly-“Yea, I’m waiting for the Backstreet Boys, I followed the bus last night and figured I would catch them today, I’m Ivette by the way.”
Lexy laughed-“Wow, true fan. Well I have to say it is your lucky day. I just so happen to be close to those boys and can get them down here for you. But it might be one at a time is that ok?”
Ivette’s eyes grew wide with excitement-“Oh my gosh are you serious? I don’t mind if it’s one at a time!”
Lexy giggled-“Ok then, who’s your favorite?” The girl held up a picture of AJ, Lexy laughed as she waited for Brian to pick up his phone. Minutes later, Ivette had met, taken pictures with, and got autographs from Howie, Brian, and Kevin. AJ had walked down and she got excited, they talked for a while and she took more pictures of him, he then decided to run to the cafeteria to get something to eat. The girl looked at Lexy and gave her a huge hug-“OH you are the best!”
Lexy laughed, then Nick and Justin walked up, her stomach turned. Nick smiled at the girl as he hugged her-“Hi, how are you?”
Ivette smiled and looked into his eyes as he looked at her with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. Lexy was shocked, Nick was checking her out. He talked to her for a while completely flirting with her, then he glanced at Lexy who was just watching. Justin was watching Lexy’s reaction the whole time. Then Nick did the most shocking thing, he grabbed Ivette’s hand-“Hey baby, me and Justin are going to a basketball game, you wanna come?”
Lexy’s heart started pounding hard as Ivette nodded excited-“Oh wow! Yea!” She turned to Lexy and had the biggest smile-“Thank you soo much Lexy!”
Then Nick laughed as he put his arm around her shoulder-“Yea, Thanks Lexy!” Justin laughed as the three of them walked off.
AJ walked up to Lexy as she stood there watching them leave-“Lexy, I’m sorry.” Lisa walked by them as she walked in with Toni, she had gone to drop Danny off at the airport and pick Toni up since she was already there. Both girls ran to Lexy and hugged her as Lexy still stood there shocked that he did that. When the concert came around, it was not getting any better for Lexy. Before the show started, Nick walked in late with Ivette at his side, he smiled-“Hey guys, you remember Ivette from earlier? That’s Toni and Lisa, they are friends of Lexy.” Lexy stood looking at them and faked a smile as Ivette thanked her again. During the show, Nick would sing to her, EVEN on My Beautiful Woman. AJ would do both his and Nick’s parts, he was pissed, Kevin also saw Nick’s behavior as weird so he stepped in to do more parts. After the show, everyone went back to the hotel, Lexy was too busy talking to Lisa about her sadness because she misses Danny. It helped her because she would forget her problem with Nick.
Later on the night, Lexy decided to confront Nick, so she went to his hotel room and knocked on the door. She felt nervous as she waited for him to open it, when he did she felt worse. He stood there with his shirt off and looked at her-“Hi.”
He seemed cold, Lexy was holding her tears back-“Hey, can we talk?”
Nick looked back as he held the door open enough for him to block it-“Uh, listen Lex this isn’t a good time I’m kinda busy.”
She felt her heart drop, then the frustration came-“Are you serious?? Nick you don’t even know her? What about us?”
Nick smirked-“Us? What us Lexy? There is nothing, there never was anything between us!”
Lexy searched in his eyes for answers-“Nick, but yesterday we were fine in the morning, then you left and-(pause) it was him...did Justin do this?”
Nick shook his head laughing-“Lexy Lexy yea we had something yesterday, but it’s over now. Justin had nothing to do with my decision.(he turned cold again) Besides not like you would miss me, maybe you should go sleep with the rest of dancers seeing how you must have already slept with half of them. I saw you with Johnny and Sean yesterday. Oh are you gonna cry?”
Lexy did not let one tear roll out she slapped him hard-“I will not let you talk to me like that Nick! I am not a slut, I told you my secrets, I let you know my thoughts. I trusted you, and this is how you act? Fuck you! Oh and by the way, Sean is dating Gabby and Johnny is gay!” She turned around and walked off angry.
Ivette stood behind Nick, she had heard everything as soon as Nick turned to face her, she slapped him too-“How dare you use me to get back at her? And then Lexy of all people, she was super nice to me, and you got me involved in your sick revenge! You are an asshole Nick Carter!” She grabbed her stuff and walked out of his room.
AJ was walking up-“Is it me or did you just get smacked by two girls?”
Nick shook his head as he rubbed his cheek-“AJ, have you slept with Lexy?”
AJ was shocked-“What? Hell no! Man, we’ve made out a few times in the beginning but we never went that far, she made it very clear to me that she wasn’t like that. Wait, Nick did you tell her anything? Was that Lexy who slapped you first?”
Nick looked at him-“Yea, it was! That little bitch thinks that-”
AJ interrupted him-“Woah! Don’t go calling her names! She hasn’t done anything. She was really excited about how you two were coming along. Why have you been acting like this? What is up?"
Nick backed up-“Man, nothing is going on. I had a talk with Justin and he opened my eyes to a few things about her. I saw more clearly. She’s a flirt AJ, not someone I need to be with.”
AJ stared at him-“ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOURSELF? You are more a flirt than she is, she is a friendly person. That’s why people like hanging out with her, what have you done? (Then he got in Nick’s face)I can’t believe I let her go for someone like you to come along and tear her apart!” With that, AJ walked out the door. MEANWHILE, when Lexy got in her room she was startled to see Justin sitting on the chair, Lisa and Toni stood up-“We told him to leave but he wouldn’t.”
Lexy looked at him-“Get out.”
Justin smirked-“Aww, hunny did Nicky make you upset?”
Lexy did not let her tears fall-“What do you want Justin?”
He laughed-“I just wanted to be here to see your reaction after what Nick did. I knew that he would listen to me, and this was a perfect way to get you back for what you did to me?”
Lexy’s was in disbelief-“You did this?? You screwed things up with me and Nick because of something I did months ago?? Get out of my room you sick fuck!! Toni call Jeremy please!!”
He laughed-“Yea, you humiliated me and I know I get to see you in pain. Besides Nick doesn’t need to be with you anyways.” He stood close to her running his hands through her hair, and down her arm. She stepped away as there was a knock on the door, Jeremy came in. Justin looked at him-“No need big man! I was just leaving. Bye baby.” Jeremy escorted him out of the build, the minute the door closed Lexy let out her cries. Toni and Lisa ran to her and held her as in between sobs she told them everything Nick had said. When she was calmer she stood up and walked to the mirror, wiping away the runny make up-“I let my guard down, and I got hurt. But I will not let it down again, I promise you this much.” Lexy stood in front of the mirror, promising to herself that Nick would not be the cause of her pain anymore.
Chapter 19 by Tati
The rest of that week was hell for Lexy and her two friends. The day after what had happened, Lisa came into Lexy’s room crying her and Danny had broken up. He said it wouldn’t work because of her new schedule and his job at home. As if that wasn’t bad, two days later, Toni came saying that her and AJ were through, it was mutual they had rushed into it too fast. The three girls decided they were just going to do the shows then going straight to their hotel room. Nick was avoiding Lexy, which wasn’t hard since she could hardly stand looking at him. The whole group had been pulled a part, AJ and Nick hung out with Jared and Michael, the married ones hung out together, the dancers together, and the three girls. It was weird, Lexy didn’t cry anymore, she would dance with Nick like she was suppose to and fake a smile, then walk away.
Things started gettin back to normal, AJ was starting to hang out with the girls more, and Lexy was loosening up a bit. When they went to Vegas, the guys loved going there because they got to go to the casinos, Lexy was excited cuz she wanted to go to the Pussycat Doll lounge. Of course, the guys did not hesitate in volunteering to take her. All five guys, Leighanne, Kristin, Toni, Lisa, and Johnny went with Lexy. When they got there, they were let in, there was camera crew everywhere. Lexy turned to AJ-“I wonder who’s gonna be here today?”
Nicole walked over to the guys, they had met before and they absolutely loved them. She smiled as she hug each boy, then AJ introduced Toni, Lisa, Johnny, and Lexy, who was smiling big. Nicole smiled-“welcome to all! I hope you enjoy the show, we’re not to thrilled with our special guest seeing as she’s not here yet.”
Lexy was looking around-“Wow, this place is amazing I would love to be on that stage performing with you guys.”
AJ smiled, then whispered in Nicole’s ear making her smile-“Hey, Lexy how about you come on stage with us tonight? Looks like Miss Ashlee Simpson is late anyways.”
Lexy’s eyes got wide with excitement-“ARE YOU SERIOUS?? OH MY LORD I WOULD LOVE THAT!” Nicole took Lexy backstage and got her changed as she was taught the songs(being a dancer she is a fast learner I know impossible to learn it that fast but hey it’s make believe :P) An hour later, Lexy was dressed when she heard arguing outside of the dressing room.
Nicole was yelling at Ashlee-“I’m sorry hun but we have a schedule to run, besides we found someone else to fill in for you, this person actually has the body to be a PCD, unlike you who is completely flat!”
Ashlee was mad-“But we are live! The cameras are rolling You can’t do this to me!”
Jessica walked up behind her-“You can’t do this Nicole, not to us I’m a star I can do wat ever show I want!”
Nicole laugh-“Well honey, you can take your star ass somewhere else because with that snotty attitude you are not wanted here.” With that she turned around and walked off. The show started shortly after, Ashlee stuck around telling the LIVE camera that they were gonna see who replaced her. When the girls came out, the music to tainted love started and they started singing. The guys were amazed at how beautiful Lexy looked, but their surprise was about to be much bigger. It came to her turn and the guys just stared in awe, she sang amazingly. Kevin looked at Brian who had a smile on his face that only them two knew what it meant. She danced infront of AJ and Nick smiling as she sung, then one of the girls started coughing and couldn’t let out the long note so Nicole pushed Lexy to do it, so she did everyone was amazed. Lexy was excited it was all going well, she loved the look on Nick’s face when she walked out. They performed many songs, and Lexy got to dance and sing some parts of it. When it was all over the girls thanked her and gave a shout out to the Backstreet Boys.
Lexy walked over to them, AJ hugged her-“Wow, you were amazing. Why didn’t you tell us that you could sing?”
Kevin laughed-“Yea hun, that was great!”
Howie put his arm around her shoulder-“I mean, we knew you could dance but not like that DAYUM!” They laughed as she turned a little red.
Just then a tall blonde guy walked up to her and smiled. She looked at him and got red as he walked over to her and introduced himself-“Hi, Lexy was it? I’m Devon Sawa, I just wanted to come over here and tell you how beautiful you looked up there.”
Lisa and Toni’s mouth dropped as the looked at him. Lexy’s heart started pounding real fast as she shook his hand and smiled-“wow thank you! Oh These are my friends, Lisa and Toni. Those are the Backstreet Boys, you might not have heard of them.”
Devon laughed as he shook everyone’s hands, then looked at her again-“So, Lexy will you do me the honor of going out to eat with me tonight? I’m starving and I know a little spot in downtown Vegas?”
Lexy was shocked, Lisa bumped her to snap her out of her daze-“Um...I would love to go to dinner with you, I’m staying at the Palms hotel, pick me up in an hour?”
He nodded and smiled to everyone else and walked out. When he was out of their sight everyone(except Nick) poked fun at Lexy-“OOOoooOO Go Lexy!” She covered her face-“Guys stop! Let’s go I need to get ready!”
The whole ride to the hotel, she could not stop smiling, Lisa and Toni kept repeating-“Lexy has a date with Devon Sawa! Wow!” An hour later, she was finishing up her make up, when her room phone rang, Toni picked it up-“Hello, I have a message for Miss Lexy, can you tell her that Mr. Sawa is downstairs waiting for her. Thank you!” Toni smiled-“Hey Lex He’s here!”
Lexy’s stomach started turning as she put her shoes on, then the three girls headed down. When they got there, he was standing near the bar facing the elevator, his mouth opened a little bit when she walked out. She smiled-“Hi Devon.”
He walked up and took her hand-“Wow Lexy you look great. You ready?”
Just then the elevator opened up, revealing Nick and AJ. Both guys walked up to Toni and Lisa, Nick looked at Lexy and stared as she walked out, ‘she looks amazing, wow.’ Lisa waved her hand infront of his face-“YO Nick you alive! You might wanna wipe the drool that has been crawling out of your mouth.” Everyone laughed at that one, well Nick didn’t he just shot Lisa a ‘watever’ look.
The night was great for Lexy, she went out to eat and got to know Devon, then came back to the hotel where there was a club on the top floor where they danced and enjoyed each other’s company. He walked her to her room and was a total gentleman, he gave her a soft kiss telling her that he would love to do this again. She walked into her room and leaned on the door, Lisa and Toni ran up to her-“HOW DID IT GO?”
Lexy walked over to her bed-“He is like my prince charming, he is really nice and total gentleman! I’m gonna see him again tomorrow, maybe this is serious guys!”
Lisa smiled-“Wow! If you dump him can I have him?”
Lexy laughed-“Why would I dump him?”
Toni smiled-“I dunno, maybe Nick comes around and begs for your forgiveness.”
The three girls look at each other and start hysterically laughing, Lexy’s mind was racing ‘yea rite Nick? Apologize? That would be the day.’
Chapter 20 by Tati
Nick lay in his bed thinking about how cute Lexy looked, and he thought about everything that had happened. He thought about what Justin had said and it made him mad, he had been lied to, he looked at AJ who was sitting at the computer. He knew AJ was right that night, he thought maybe it was too late to come to his senses.
AJ was sitting on his computer, then he started laughing-“Yo man look! The girls on the threads are coming up with keepers!”
Nick got up and looked at AJ-“Keepers? Keepers of what?”
Aj waved his hand for him to come look-“They pick something about us, and say they are keepers of it. These girls are creative! Look at this, keeper of my floor humping?? Man I would love to meet her!”
He laughed as Nick also laughed, he took the mouse and clicked on his keepers-“Keeper of Thor? They still call it that?”
Aj looked at him-“What is Thor?”
Nick turned red-“A part of me that girls really like!”
AJ thought about it and then laughed-“They named it??”
Nick shook his head-"No, Chris named it for them."
Both guys continued looking through the threads, they liked seeing what people would say, they also would comment on a few, but with weird screen names.
The next day, everyone was doing their own thing, Lexy had a day date with Devin, he said it was a surprise but to wear comfy clothes so she did. When he picked her up, he made her close her eyes until they got there. When she opened her eyes she was standing at the Zoo, and got really excited because it had been for ever since she had gone to the zoo. They spend all day there, she was having so much fun, but she had to tell him something at the end of their date. When they were getting closer to the hotel, she told him what was on her mind-“Ok, Devin the past two days have been amazing, I’ve had so much fun with you! You are an awesome guy, but I’m on the road for a while and I can’t see this happening and I don’t wanna hurt you. I’m sorry.”
Devin smiled and nodded-“I understand Lexy, I’ve had fun these two days too, maybe if ya go to Vancouver you can give me a call.”
She smiled-“I would like that.” He gave her a soft kiss and she stepped out of the car and headed upstairs to get her stuff for the show. When she got up to her room, she saw Lisa and told her wat had happened with Devin, Lisa smiled-“It’s for the better Lex, it’s ok.”
That night at the show, Nick was acting really weird, he kept lookin at Lexy when he would sing, then when they did their dances together he would look into her eyes, even if she wasn’t looking back. After Just want you to know, AJ started talking to the audience about how nice and awesome they had been, meanwhile Lexy changed into her outfit for the next upbeat song. Nick ran back stage and grabbed Lexy’s hand he stared pulling her toward the stage she was confused but he just looked at her-“Do the dance we had choreographed for Safest place to hide!” She looked at him confused but nodded because they were already on stage. Crawling back to you started and she started doing ballet behind the guys. She kept dancing, until Nick’s part, he went back to her and grabbed her hand as he sang to her. She continued dancing with him and he remembered the guy part of the dance as he danced too. His entire verse was sang to her, she was shocked he was actually apologizing, she could tell in his eyes that he really meant what he sang. When AJ was singing after, Nick was whispering in Lexy’s ear-“Lexy I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for everything I have done and said please for give me!” In the end of the song, where they repeat crawling back to you Nick got down to his knees and held her hand. The lights dimmed and they ran off stage. Toni ran up to Lexy and smiled-“Told you this could happen.”
Lexy looked at her and smiled-“Shh.” After the show was over, Nick ran to catch up with Lexy as they got on the bus-“Hey Lexy Can we talk?”
Lexy turned to look at him-“Sure.”
He smiled-“Listen, I just want you to know that I really meant wat I said and what I sang too. As corny and cheesy that sounded I did, I really meant it. I’m sorry.”
She smiled-“Wow, I seriously didn’t think you would do something like that I mean your fans were watching!”
He laughed-“I don’t care I wanted to get my point across. Did it work? Do you forgive me?”
He pouted and made puppy eyes, she laughed as she pushed his face away-“OH no! Not the puppy eyes!” He laughed as he tickled her then gave her a hug. They both sat there for a second, then pulled away smiling, she giggled-“Um...I’m gonna ride with the girls. I’ll see ya later!”
She ran over to the other bus and got on, she went back to the TV area and kicked everyone out, except her girls. She told them about what Nick had said. Lisa laughed-“Wow, we told Nick could come around...we just never believed it ourselves.”
Lexy smiled-“I know, neither did I.” When they got to the hotel, Lexy was too pumped to sleep so around 2am she snuck out and went to the pool.
She did a few laps then got out, just then Nick walked up with his towel-“Why I thought I was the only one who went swimming at night.”
She laughed-“You might be! I just couldn’t sleep so I figured I would kill some energy.”
Nick smirked-“Yea, I just like working out. You leavin?” She started to answer, but he had taken off his shirt and pulled down his pants she was shocked after like 2 seconds she turned around, she felt her face get red. He was calm-“Wat’s wrong Lexy?”
She had her back towards him-“Um..uh...I... I gotta go.”
He held his laugh-“Lex! Wait, come swim with me!”
She put her hand up to block him as she grabbed her stuff-“Um...no...no Nicky it’s fine, I’m tired. I’ll see ya later!”
She ran off to her room, Nick laughed silently as he put his swimsuit back on. He didn’t think she would freak out like that, but it was still very amusing to her.
The next morning, AJ, Kevin, Brian, Lisa, and Toni sat around one of the tables. Lexy went over and sat with them and they started talking about how they were heading to LA next, and how AJ has his house where they would be staying at. The other dancers were gonna stay at the hotels, they weren’t close like Toni, Lisa, and Lexy were. Nick walked up and sat across from Lexy. Immediately, Lexy’s eyes were drawn to his, well “area”, she looked away, but Nick had seen her, he smirked. She started feeling her face get hot so she looked around. Nick started talking to the other guys-“Oh guys you should have seen the thread the girls online talk about! They talk about Thor.”
Brian looked at Nick-“And wat exactly is Thor?”
Nick smiled as he looked at Lexy-“Thor is the name Chris made up, and the fans loved, for my-”
Lexy got up quickly-“I..uh...gotta go get ready to leave. Gotta get my bags and stuff.” She walked away fast, followed by Lisa and Toni, the rest of the group looked at her like she was crazy.
Toni laughed as they got in the elevator-“Wat is up with you? You are acting too weird.”
Lisa agreed-“Yea hun! Tell us, cuz we suspect you are on drugs.”
Lexy sighed-“Ok, don’t tell anyone. Last night when I was swimming, Nick came up and wanted to go swimming too. Well his kind of swimming is WAY different then our swimming! He took off his clothes...like ALL of it!”
Toni and Lisa’s eyes got wide-“YOU SAW NICK’S DICK?”
Lexy rolled her eyes-“Only for like a second, but it’s still embarrassing!!” When they arrived on their floor Nick was standing infront of her door, Toni and Lisa giggled as they pushed Lexy off the elevator and headed back downstairs, Lexy glared at them. Then walked towards Nick looking down at the floor.
He laughed-“Lexy, I have a confession, I don’t always go swimming like that! It just came to me, as a small joke last night.”
Lexy looked at him and play hit him-“YOU ASS!! You made me feel embarrassed!”
He laughed hard-“I know, I could see your face, it was all priceless!!” He continued laughing and poking fun at her the rest of the day as they headed to LA where the fun was about to begin.
Chapter 21 by Tati
Lexy sat in her hotel room, wondering what surprise AJ had for everyone. He had told them that this tour party was gonna be ‘OFF THE CHAIN.’ The next day Lexy and the gang arrived at AJ’s crib, his house was huge with like 10 guest rooms and a half in door half out door pool. His backyard was Lexy’s favorite part it was the beach, along the beach there was a dock with a HUGE yacht. Apparently that was the big surprise, none of the guys had seen it since he bought it. AJ laughed-“So, what do you think? That’s where the party will be tomorrow night after the show. Come on I’ll show you inside!” Nick was the first one to get on, him and AJ went of talking about how good of a buy it was.
After the tour of the yacht, Lexy turned to Lisa-“ Do you know how hott this party will be? We most definitely have to go shopping for the hottest outfits!”
Toni looked at her-“Oh yea! We have to be the hottest three girls at that party!” The three girls turned around and ran into Howie.
He laughed-“Do you seriously have to go shopping every time a special occasion comes around?”
The girls nodded as they laughed and hooked elbows walking up to AJ house to claim rooms. The rooms were huge, they were all connected by a large bathroom. Of course the three girls had picked rooms next to each other, it was Toni then Lisa, then Lexy. AJ spent all day getting supplies and putting them in the yacht and getting it ready for the party. The girls laid out for half of the day, then went shopping for their outfit, they decided that they would go shopping the next morning for the accessories. After the show that night, they went back to AJ’s to watch movies in his home theater. Lexy sat outside on the beach. Nick walked up and sat down-“Hey Lex. Watcha doin?”
She pointed without looking at him-“You can see the dolphins playin in the water.”
Nick looked over where the moon was reflecting off the water and sure enough there were dolphins jumping up-“You like dolphins?”
Lexy looked over at him and smiled-“Yea, they are my favorite animal, they fascinate me. I’ve never been close enough to them though.”
Nick laughed-“Well then I suggest we get you close enough! Wait here, I have an idea.” He ran inside and then came back out with the keys to the yacht.
Lexy smiled-“We are not taking AJ’s yacht out there are we?”
Nick laughed-“Why not? I’ll take you to see them! C’mon!” He grabbed her hand as they ran over to the yacht, once they got in he untied it and went to start it. They went to where you can see the dolphins closer, but you could still see the shore. Lexy was amazed, she walked over to the front of the boat and looked over. The dolphins were splashing and jumping up and down. They spoke to each other as the played, Lexy and Nick watched the dolphins as they talked almost all night.
The next morning, Lexy woke up to the sound of seagulls-“Damn seagulls must be outside my window again.” When she opened her eyes she saw the seagull in her face she screamed as she jumped up. When she looked around she screamed again, she was still on the boat and she couldn’t see the land anymore.
Nick jumped up-“OH MY GOD!”
She looked at him-“What happened?? Where are we?”
He looked around, searching for land any where-“Oh Lex, we fell asleep and must have drifted off.”
She was furious and scared-“Drifted off?? You mean we are out in the middle of nowhere??” She watched Nick run into the control room-“What are you gonna do?”
Nick was looking around for the radio, then remember that AJ had told him that he had taken the radio out to put batteries in it. He then started searching his pockets-“DAMMIT!! I was looking for the radio, but it’s not here and I don’t have my cell phone on me! Do you have yours?”
She reached into her pocket and pulled it out-“Yea but it has NO signal whatsoever, not even a roaming!!”
Nick ran his hand through his hair as he paced back and forth-“ok, well lets think. Maybe I can take us back. Let me start it and see where we go.”
They drove for two hours and still did not see any land or anything else. Lexy was starting to panic-“You know this is all your fault! If you wouldn’t have brought me out here then this wouldn’t have happened!”
Nick was shocked-“My fault?? I was trying to be nice, if you wouldn’t have stopped talking we wouldn’t have fallen asleep!”
She started crying-“This isn’t my fault! Now we are gonna starve! Or worse! We’ll be eaten by the shark from JAWS!! The Jelly fish are gonna get us..”She continued ranting on about how horrible this was.
Nick snapped out of it and chuckled a little, he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her trying to calm her down-“Shh, it’s ok Lexy, we are not gonna get eaten by the shark from JAWS. The guys will notice we are gone and send someone out here. Besides, AJ stocked up the yacht with food and drinks for the party tonight, we aren’t gonna starve. Calm down.”
Lexy was sniffling, as she realized that she seemed like a big baby just then and laughed-“Oh wow. I really panicked. I’m sorry Nick, I guess I was just freaking out.” They both looked around then decided to go inside, the sun was beaming down hard. Nick prepared breakfast as she showered, since AJ had a girls stay in his yacht after he bought it, there was brand new women’s clothes on the boat incase some of them would need to change. Lexy borrowed some shorts and a cute bathing suit, since she is stuck here she decided she was gonna lay out.
Meanwhile back at the house, no one had notice Nick and Lexy were gone, they figured they had slept in. It wasn’t until around 2 pm when they figured it was kinda late, so Kevin went up to Nick’s room and noticed he wasn’t there, so he went over to Lexy’s and saw she wasn’t there either. Brian was downstairs playing with Baylee when he saw his cousin concerned walking down the stairs-“what’s up Kev?”
Kevin looked at him-“Have you see Nick and Lexy?”
AJ looked over at him-“No, they aren’t in their rooms?” Kevin shook his head, AJ looked at Brian-“Hmm, maybe they went with the girls shopping, we’ll ask them when they get back.”
Around 4:30 Toni and Lisa walked into the house-“Hey guys! We’re back!”
AJ walked up to them-“Hey! How’d it go?”
Lisa smiled-“It was great, we had a blast we found sooo many nice things! Is Lexy around? I wanna show her the new stuff.”
Kevin crossed his arms-“You mean her and Nick didn’t go with you?”
Toni shook her head-“No, she didn’t answer when we knocked this morning so we figured she had stayed up late talking to Nick that she was out like a lightbulb.” Brian started to get worried-“Well they aren’t here, and they weren’t with you. So were could those to be?”
Toni looked at AJ-“I saw Nick come in here last night and grab the keys to your yacht...(she smirked)you think maybe the two got friendly in your yacht?”
AJ laughed-“That sounds like Nick, let’s go surprise them.” When they walked out side they notice that it was getting dark, and very windy. There were dark grey clouds forming, a storm was rolling in. Brian, Kevin, AJ, Lisa, and Toni walked over to the dock and saw the boat was gone. AJ looked at Kevin who was definitely worried.
They ran back inside to call the cops, Kevin spoke to them in a different room. Lisa was now panicking-“Oh AJ, you don’t think anything happened to them do ya?”
AJ sighed-“I donno Lis, they could have just fell asleep and drifted out.”
Toni paced back and forth-“What about the show?”
Brian called Johnny and informed him of the situation, they were gonna have to cancel the show and the party for that night and reschedule when Nick was back.
AJ called his guest list letting them know that there was an emergency and the party was gonna be postponed. Kevin finally came out very angry-“They fuckin coast guard can’t do anything tonight. They said that a very bad storm was coming in and they couldn’t go out there tonight.” Everyone was worried, but couldn’t’ do anything.
Mean while, Lexy saw the clouds get dark, she went to Nick-“Hey, it’s getting pretty dark for it to be 6pm.”
Nick went out side and saw the dark storm clouds-“Oh Shit! There’s a storm coming Lex, hurry help me get the anchor out so we won’t float away further!” They both ran over, as the wind was pushing hard and let the anchor go. Nick then ran over and secured the windows and the doors as they ran inside. She sat on the couch with her knees up against her chest,-“Are we gonna be ok?”
Nick wrapped his arms around her shoulders as the wind rocked the boat, he didn’t know the answer to her question.
Chapter 22 by Tati
That night was very intense(in more than one way) for everyone, hardly anyone slept. Lisa was pacing back and forth in her room, looking out the window every five minutes. She was worried about her friend. The sky was dark, there was only light when lightining would flash. Just then the power went out, she stopped walking and sat on the floor. She didn’t wanna run into anything, she heard a knock at her door, she didn’t get up-“Come in!”
AJ walked in holding a flashlight and a candle he went over and sat next to her, he laughed-“What are you doing on the floor?”
She felt silly-“I’m not too fond of the dark, so I sat down so I won’t run into anything.”
AJ smiled and set the candle down-“Aww, were you waiting for your prince charming to come get you?”
Lisa felt her cheeks burn, she could tell they were getting red,good thing it was dark, but totally played it cool-“Yea, why? Do you think he is on his way?”
AJ laughed-“Ouch!” They sat and talked for a bit, he was totally helping her calm down. He was making her laugh, then he smiled and removed the strand of hair that fell in her face.
She felt her heart start beating faster and much harder, he was looking into her eyes and she was nervous, once again she played it off-“It’s a good thing I have you here to keep me company while I wait for my prince to come keep me safe.”
He smirked-“Yea, but I think I am here for something more than just to protect you.” He go closer to her, she felt like her heart was about to pop out of her chest. He leaned in, and she closed her eyes. His lips brushed against hers sending a warm wave through her body as he kissed her.
Mean while Lexy and Nick were sitting in the boat as it rocked, Lexy was starting to feel sea sick so she ran to the bathroom. Nick ran in after her, he held her hair back and held on to her waist. She rinsed her mouth with mouth wash, then Nick helped her over to the couch she layed down and he covered her up. When she woke up the next morning, she felt that the sea was smoother. She washed up then made some coffee, she walked out to the front of the boat, there was a breeze and a few dolphins coming up for breakfast, she smiled-“If I wasn’t stuck out here, I would definatly want to live here.” She looked up and saw a tiny dot up ahead flying towards them. It looked like a helicopter, she ran inside and shook Nick. He stretched then gave her a goofy smile, she almost melted then remembered why she was waking him-“Nick a helicopter!! Their gonna save us!!”
Both of them got up and ran out side, it was much closer now, they started jumping up and down waving. The helicopter spoke through a megaphone-“It will all be ok Mr. Carter. Follow us back to the shore and you will be rescued!” He nodded as he went to raise the anchor, then up to the control room. Lexy was excited she went to stand by him bringing him some coffee. He smiled-“Thanx babe.” She felt her heart jump when he called her that, she couldn’t help but smile so she decided to sit in the front and watch the dolphins swim with the boat. About 2 hours later, they arrived at AJ’s dock. Everyone was standing outside Lexy was waving excitedly, Nick was laughing from the top. When they brought it to a stop, Lexy ran over to Lisa and Toni and gave them the biggest hug. AJ stood with his arms open waiting for a hug as she ran by, he looked at them and laughed. Lexy turned to him-“I’m sorry AJ! But my gurls were first.” He laughed as she hugged him then went back to the girls.
AJ walked up to Nick-“Dude, if you wanted borrow the boat to have some wild adventure with Lexy, you could have just asked!” He laughed as he hugged Nick who glanced at Lexy. She was also looking at him with a shy smile on her face, no one noticed it.
Kevin also hugged him-“Man, if you ever do this to us again, we will kill you.”
Nick shook his head-“Nah man! It was freakin scary, we thought we were gonna die in that storm. You should have seen Lexy she was frea-”
Lexy ran up to him and punched him playfully in the stomach-“Shut up Nicky!!Don’t you dare tell them anythin!” Everyone laughed, Lexy looked up and saw another helicopter-“Look a second helicopter!”
Kevin looked up and shook his head-“Damn! Let’s get inside, that’s the media already!”
When they went inside they turned the Tv on and sure enough there was a reporter-“Last night the Backstreet Boys cancelled their show here, due to some family emergencies. Well we had our crew find out the real reason, it turns out that Nick Carter was lost at sea, with a female friend. We spoke to some of the fans yesterday and they showed their concern for the Backstreet Boy, hoping he would be home safely. We just received some footage of Nick and friend being returned safely to AJ McLean’s home.”
Brian turned the TV off-“Those darn reporters always gotta be up in our business!”
Nick rubbed his face-“Man, I can just hear Johnny, wanting to do a press conference.”
Lexy smiled then turned to her girls-“Man it is good to be home on LAND!!”
Lisa smiled then looked over at AJ, he winked at her thinking no one saw, but Lexy caught it and smiled-“C’mon girls we have tons to talk about!” They walked into Lexy’s room-“Wat was that??”
Lisa felt her face get hot-“Well, me and AJ kinda hooked up last night. It was a very in the moment deal. It was perfect.” She sighed, Toni and Lexy laughed.
Then Toni turned to Lexy-“So wat happened? Why did you guys end up so far away!”
Lexy rolled her eyes and laughed as she told her buddies her whole adventure.
That night they did the concert, then AJ had his party which was hott, he restocked the food for everyone who was there. The girls were the last to arrive, they wanted to make a good entrance. When they walked in they knew they were hott, AJ had invited the guys from Click 5 since they were the new opening act. AJ walked up behind them-“DAYUM! I must say you three pulled it off, you are the hottest girls at this party.”
Nick walked up looking extremely hot-“I must say I have to admit. You look really great.”
Toni smiled-“Thanks babe! You don’t look so bad yourself!”
Nick laughed-“Your welcome! Now LEXY you look great.”
She smiled-“Thanks.”
After a few minutes of just staring at each other, Toni rolled her eyes and laughed-“Well we are gonna go mingle with the hott stars at this party! Bye guys.” She grabbed Lisa and Lexy by the arms as they walked over to the cocktail table and got a few drinks. They talked to everyone and dance with total hotties like Paul Walker, Hayden Christiansen, Josh Hartnett, Ryan Cabrera, and many more. Lexy was totally enjoying the night, she was changing dance partners all the time. Toni was getting very cozy with the drummer from Click 5 Joey. They were dancing most of the night together. Lexy laughed as she saw AJ walk up and take Lisa away from some guy and start dancing with him.
Nick walked up to Lexy-“hey wanna dance?”
She smiled and nodded they walked out to the dance floor as Black eyed peas ‘My Humps’ came on. They started dancing and Lexy was singing along with it, Nick was laughing as she would rub her butt then her boobs. That night was a total success.
Eveyrone had a blast, something that was about to change, and no one saw it coming
Chapter 23 by Tati
Lexy woke up the next day with a small head ache, she laughed-“not too bad.” She got up, took a shower and got dressed, they were heading out today. When she walked out there were people passed out on the floor she giggled as she made her way to kitchen. She sighed as she started the coffee maker, they were gonna need a lot of coffee.
Lisa walked in to the room also dressed-“Dang did you see all the people here? It was some hell of a party!”
Lexy nodded as she laughed, slowly everyone started waking up and leaving. Then they all boarded the bus so they could be on their way. Nick was messing around with his camera, supposedly it was for the fan club website. Lexy sat in her bunk taping on the roof listening to her head phones she could hear Nick laughing, that laugh that makes you wanna laugh. So she got up and Nick was playing with the door and Brian. She laughed so hard, then Nick stepped back and tripped and started laughing even harder Lexy was about to pee in her pants, which made Nick laugh more which made Lexy laugh much harder. About an hour later everything was calm, and Lexy went back to the tv room, Nick was sitting there with his guitar strumming it and tuning it.
Then he smiled at her-“Do me a favor Lexy...sing for me?”
Lexy was surprised and shy-“No...I don’t wanna.”
He laughed-“C’mon I wanna see if my guitar works well.”
He started strumming the rhythm to You were meant for me by Jewel, he had heard her singing it the other day and learned the song. She smiled surprised that he picked that song and started singing with him, what she didn’t know was that Kevin and Brian were listening in. Nick watched her sing, and smiled, he felt so attracted to her. When the song was over, Kevin and Brian clapped and walked out-“That was perfect.”
Lexy looked at them then at Nick-“Perfect for what?”
Kevin smiled-“Well baby, Johnny wants you to make it big. He heard you sing at the Pussycat dolls show the other night and has been wanting us to listen to you sing so we can decide this. Lexy, Johnny wants you to record tomorrow he already has a few songs lined up for you. You will spend all day doing that. Then when the CD is ready we will release your single and you will be our new opening act. Wat do you say?”
She was amazed-“Wow! Are you serious? But wat about the show?”
Nick put a hand on her shoulder-“Toni will take care of that for you. She knows all the dances remember. She will fill in for you. Don’t worry you will be fine.”
She felt calmer-“Great! Then yea, I am up for it!”
Kevin smiled-“Awesome, I am gonna call Johnny rite now.”
Brian smiled-“Don’t worry hun, you will love it!”
Lisa and Toni walked in behind them, they knew all of it and were excited that Lexy had agreed to do it. Lisa hugged her-“WOW! Congrats!! This is soo exciting.”
Lexy laughed-“I know! I never even dreamed that I would be singing! I hope the people like me!”
Nick laughed-“What’s not to like about you?” He blushed and walked out of the room.
The girls laughed, then Lexy remembered-“Oh Nick!! Wait!”
He walked back-“yea?”
Lexy pouted-“But if I record tomorrow, I won’t have anything to do when I’m done, you guys will be at the show.”
Nick smiled, dang she was soo cute-“Well, my buddy Jared will be meeting up with us in San Francisco. He knows all the hot spots in ALL the cities, he can take you out tomorrow. You’ll have fun.”
She smiled and nodded so he walked away. Then she yelled again-“NICK!! Come back!”
He walked back-“Now wat?”
She pouted again, which made him smile-“Well, I don’t wanna record by myself tomorrow, will you guys go with me? Please??”
Nick nodded-“yea we’ll go with you until we have to get ready for the show, then you can be by yourself rite?”
She nodded again as he walked away, the girls started giggling and talking about how exciting it was gonna be for all of them.
Lexy hung out with Nick the rest of the day, they watched TV in the back room and played video games. He totally kicked her butt in Mario old school, but she beat him in Tekken. They were getting closer than ever it was great, she was totally feeling it.
The next day Lexy was nervous to sing, when she got there she was introduced to Max who was gonna be controlling when Nick left. He wanted to help produce her album, she was more than happy to let him. They laughed and joked around most of the day between songs. Then it was time for them to go. Lisa and Toni hugged her, then Nick walked up to her-“it’ll be ok cutie, you will do fine.” He gave her a soft kiss then walked out. She thought about the kiss as she finished for the day about 3 hours later.
Around 10 pm, Jerad knocked on her door, she opened it, and his jaw dropped-“Dang Lexy, you look slammin!”
She smiled-“Thanks! Let’s go!”
They left and partied a lot, he was trying everything that was offered to him. Around 2:30 he had done two lines of coke, took 3 tabs, and smoked weed, he was messed up. Lexy was getting worried, he started dancing real close to her and rubbing on her. She pushed him away-“Stop, please.” He refused and took her to the back of the club and wanted to get more out of her, she shoved him-“Get off of me! Take me home please! NOW!”
He started cussing and complaining as they walked to the car. Around 3am they were on the street, it was empty so he started speeding up-“Woah, Lexy let’s see how fast I can go!”
Lexy felt nervous-“No Jared, lets not. I love my life right now.”
He did not slow down, he saw that all the lights were green at the same time-“Don’t worry Lexy, it’s 3am no one is out driving.”
They were coming up to a yellow red light, he smiled-“You think it will turn green when we hit it?”
She got nervous-“Jared no please stop!”
It turned green before they got there, so they went into it, another car ran the red light. Jared spun the car so the other car would hit the back. But they were going to so fast that it made the car flip.
Darkness flooded her eyes. Then Lexy opened them and it was blurry she could see some people above her, she softly spoke-“Nick.”
The guys, Lisa and Toni stood around the hospital bed where Lexy laid, she had not woken up since the accident. They were worried, Nick did not leave her side he was scared. Then she moved slowly, moaning as she woke up. Brian held her hand-“Lexy, can you hear me?”
She opened her eyes slowly, her head hurt, she blinked a few times to focus then looked around-“Wha-What happened?” Then she glanced at every one-“Who are you people?”
Chapter 24 by Tati
Everyone gasped, Kevin got closer to her-“Lexy please baby, tell us you are joking. Please?”
Lexy looked at them, and shook her head-“I wish I was.”
Howie went out to get the doctor, while Brian explained to her what had happened. Nick walked back and forth covering his face. She looked around-“So, am I suppose to know who you are?”
Aj sat on the other side-“Ok sweety, I’m AJ, that’s Brian, Kevin, Howie went to get the doctor, those are your best friends Toni and Lisa, and Nick. We are in a pop group called the Backstreet Boys. You are one of our dancers, and you had just started recording your own album.”
The doctor walked in-“Ok, I see she is up, how are you feeling sweet heart?”
She winced as he checked her minor cuts on her forehead-“My head hurts. Doc? Why can’t I remember anything?” Her eyes were filing up with tears, she felt so lost.
Nick couldn’t stand looking at her like that, all confused and banged up he walked out of the room followed by Toni. She grabbed his arm-“Nick, calm down.”
Nick turned around furiously-“Calm down?? Toni I was soo close! WE almost had it then this? Am I even suppose to be with her? What if she stays like this forever and doesn’t feel about me the way she used to! I am too close, I can’t lose her now.”
Toni sighed, she knew he had a point but she needed to calm him down-“Nick, it’s gonna be ok, this could be temporary!”
He shook his head as he sat down with his face in his hands-“I can’t see her like that, she looks lost.”
In the room, the doctor was explaining to them that she had Amnesia, and it was not clear on wether she was gonna have it for a week or two or forever. They just had to tell her about her life, and show her pictures. Slowly work with her on getting back to the normal routine. He also explained her injuries, she had minor cuts on her face, a bruise on her head, few bruises on her arms, and a sprained ankle. The guys explained everything they knew about Lexy to her. Then she looked at AJ-“Ok, so I have an interesting life. One question though, do I have a boyfriend? Or am I talking to anyone? I don’t wanna see the poor guy then scare him by not knowing who he is.”
AJ sighed-“Actually you-”
Nick had walked in and interrupted him-“No, Lexy you aren’t.”
She smiled-“Oh good, don’t wanna be rude to anyone. So when do I get to get out of here?”
Kevin walked over to her-“Tomorrow, we will take you back to the hotel you can rest, and come to the shows to help you remember.”
She looked around and sighed-“I’m so sorry guys. I wish I knew who you were, you seem to care a lot about me. I hate this.” She looked away and let the tears roll down. The next two days were hell for everyone, Lexy was sort of distant she didn’t wanna be around anybody, she just wanted to sit in her hotel room and look through some pictures trying to bring back the memories. Seeing how that didn’t work, she turned on the television MTV NEWs was on, so she watched it.
Damien-“Well we have a big story for you guys, as you remember about 4 days ago Backstreet Boy Nick Carter was lost at see with, whom we hear is his future girlfriend, as if the boy had not suffered enough. Alexia was in a car accident two days ago and was injured badly. The boys will not say how bad it actually was but we got footage of her leaving the hospital in a wheel chair. The fans are concerned for her and send her the best of luck.”
Lexy turned it off then got up-“future girlfriend??” Nick had not talked to her much since the accident. He was trying to shut her out, praying it was all a dream. She walked over to his room and knocked on his door.
He opened it and forced a smile-“Lexy, wat are you doing?”
She looked him in his eyes-“Can I come in? We need to talk.”
He opened the door wider and helped her sit down as he took her crutches and put them on the floor-“What’s up?
She sighed-“Nick, why didn’t you tell me that you and me where about to date before the accident?”
Nick looked at her surprised-“Where did you hear that? Who told you?”
She looked at the television-“I saw it on the news on MTV. Why couldn’t you just tell me the truth?”
Nick ran his hand through his hair-“Why does it matter Lexy? You don’t remember! You don’t have those feelings anymore, I figured it would be much easier on you if you didn’t know.”
Lexy was shocked, he was right she didn’t feel anything for him but she was saddened because she was suppose to-“I’m sorry Nick. You don’t know how sad it is to be in here not knowing who you are or what happened to you before. Nick I have scars on my wrist but no one tells me about them they don’t know. Do you know what they are?? Please Nick if you know some more about me that I wasn’t told please tell me.”
Nick sat down infront of her and told her about her past with her stepdad and what she would do. Lexy cried as if it was happening to her again. Nick hugged her, he couldn’t help but want her to want him back. She pushed away-“Thank you. But I felt you getting attached and I have to stop you. I am not her anymore Nick. I can’t act that way with you if I don’t feel it for you. I’m sorry.”
She walked out of the room and went to hers to cry. Nick also cried in his room, he was starting to question whether this was suppose to happen. Maybe it was a sign, he thought, maybe I’m suppose to just let her go
Chapter 24 by Tati
Everyone gasped, Kevin got closer to her-“Lexy please baby, tell us you are joking. Please?”
Lexy looked at them, and shook her head-“I wish I was.”
Howie went out to get the doctor, while Brian explained to her what had happened. Nick walked back and forth covering his face. She looked around-“So, am I suppose to know who you are?”
Aj sat on the other side-“Ok sweety, I’m AJ, that’s Brian, Kevin, Howie went to get the doctor, those are your best friends Toni and Lisa, and Nick. We are in a pop group called the Backstreet Boys. You are one of our dancers, and you had just started recording your own album.”
The doctor walked in-“Ok, I see she is up, how are you feeling sweet heart?”
She winced as he checked her minor cuts on her forehead-“My head hurts. Doc? Why can’t I remember anything?” Her eyes were filing up with tears, she felt so lost.
Nick couldn’t stand looking at her like that, all confused and banged up he walked out of the room followed by Toni. She grabbed his arm-“Nick, calm down.”
Nick turned around furiously-“Calm down?? Toni I was soo close! WE almost had it then this? Am I even suppose to be with her? What if she stays like this forever and doesn’t feel about me the way she used to! I am too close, I can’t lose her now.”
Toni sighed, she knew he had a point but she needed to calm him down-“Nick, it’s gonna be ok, this could be temporary!”
He shook his head as he sat down with his face in his hands-“I can’t see her like that, she looks lost.”
In the room, the doctor was explaining to them that she had Amnesia, and it was not clear on wether she was gonna have it for a week or two or forever. They just had to tell her about her life, and show her pictures. Slowly work with her on getting back to the normal routine. He also explained her injuries, she had minor cuts on her face, a bruise on her head, few bruises on her arms, and a sprained ankle. The guys explained everything they knew about Lexy to her. Then she looked at AJ-“Ok, so I have an interesting life. One question though, do I have a boyfriend? Or am I talking to anyone? I don’t wanna see the poor guy then scare him by not knowing who he is.”
AJ sighed-“Actually you-”
Nick had walked in and interrupted him-“No, Lexy you aren’t.”
She smiled-“Oh good, don’t wanna be rude to anyone. So when do I get to get out of here?”
Kevin walked over to her-“Tomorrow, we will take you back to the hotel you can rest, and come to the shows to help you remember.”
She looked around and sighed-“I’m so sorry guys. I wish I knew who you were, you seem to care a lot about me. I hate this.” She looked away and let the tears roll down. The next two days were hell for everyone, Lexy was sort of distant she didn’t wanna be around anybody, she just wanted to sit in her hotel room and look through some pictures trying to bring back the memories. Seeing how that didn’t work, she turned on the television MTV NEWs was on, so she watched it.
Damien-“Well we have a big story for you guys, as you remember about 4 days ago Backstreet Boy Nick Carter was lost at see with, whom we hear is his future girlfriend, as if the boy had not suffered enough. Alexia was in a car accident two days ago and was injured badly. The boys will not say how bad it actually was but we got footage of her leaving the hospital in a wheel chair. The fans are concerned for her and send her the best of luck.”
Lexy turned it off then got up-“future girlfriend??” Nick had not talked to her much since the accident. He was trying to shut her out, praying it was all a dream. She walked over to his room and knocked on his door.
He opened it and forced a smile-“Lexy, wat are you doing?”
She looked him in his eyes-“Can I come in? We need to talk.”
He opened the door wider and helped her sit down as he took her crutches and put them on the floor-“What’s up?
She sighed-“Nick, why didn’t you tell me that you and me where about to date before the accident?”
Nick looked at her surprised-“Where did you hear that? Who told you?”
She looked at the television-“I saw it on the news on MTV. Why couldn’t you just tell me the truth?”
Nick ran his hand through his hair-“Why does it matter Lexy? You don’t remember! You don’t have those feelings anymore, I figured it would be much easier on you if you didn’t know.”
Lexy was shocked, he was right she didn’t feel anything for him but she was saddened because she was suppose to-“I’m sorry Nick. You don’t know how sad it is to be in here not knowing who you are or what happened to you before. Nick I have scars on my wrist but no one tells me about them they don’t know. Do you know what they are?? Please Nick if you know some more about me that I wasn’t told please tell me.”
Nick sat down infront of her and told her about her past with her stepdad and what she would do. Lexy cried as if it was happening to her again. Nick hugged her, he couldn’t help but want her to want him back. She pushed away-“Thank you. But I felt you getting attached and I have to stop you. I am not her anymore Nick. I can’t act that way with you if I don’t feel it for you. I’m sorry.”
She walked out of the room and went to hers to cry. Nick also cried in his room, he was starting to question whether this was suppose to happen. Maybe it was a sign, he thought, maybe I’m suppose to just let her go.
Chapter 26 by Tati
Time was going very slowly, they couldn’t get Jared to say if he was on any kinds of drugs the night of the accident. He figured since Lexy couldn’t remember he was gonna get away with it. Boy was he wrong, Lexy woke up breathing heavily, she ran to Lisa who was at AJ’s room. Lisa looked at her-“Sweety wat’s wrong? Are you ok?”
Lexy shook her head-“I dreamt it Lisa! I dreamt the accident Jared was on a lot of things. I relived it ”
AJ got serious-“We need to find Nick. C’mon ”
They went to his room, and no on answered so they went downstairs to the pool area, sure enough he was swimming, he liked doing that when he had something on his mind. Lexy hadn’t talked to him since the night he told her they were suppose to be getting together. He got out and walked to them-“What’s up guys?”
AJ crossed his arms-“Lexy has something to tell you ”
Lexy bit her bottom lip, she felt nervous-“I was taking a nap a few minutes ago and I dreamt the accident. Everything leading up to it and then the accident itself.”
Nick smiled-“really? Is that all you remember?”
Lexy nodded but did not smile-“Nick, Jared took a lot of drugs before driving that night. He did two lines of coke, 3 tabs, and some weed ALONG with a few drinks. How could I have survived that accident?”
Nick looked at her as he got mad, he walked past them and into the hotel. Lexy ran to stop him-“No, let me talk to him first, you call the cops and tell them we know what he was on.”
Nick shook his head-“No, I can call them on my way up there but I want to talk to him too.”
The four of them went to his room and knocked on the door, Nick stood on the side so Jared could not see him right away. He opened the door-“Hi Lexy. Is something wrong?”
She felt her bottom lip tremble-“Why would you do this? Why would you drive after everything you took?”
He looked surprised-“What are you talking about? I thought you didn’t remember?”
She shook her head-“I remembered that. Few minutes ago it came to me.”
Nick stepped into the door frame-“You are unbelievable. You asshole!” He grabbed him by the shirt and shoved him inside punching him continuously then threw him on the bed-“You know she could stay like this forever? Do you know what you have done? I hope you rot in hell for ever!”
Just then the police walked in and arrested him. Lexy shook her head as they took him away-“The accident was horrible. He kept challenging the traffic lights, he kept saying that it was 3am no one was out at this time.”
Nick looked at her then at the floor-“I’m sorry you had to relive it.”
She laughed-“oh yea me too. I need a drink and to go out and party tonight. You guys are welcome to come.” She walked out of the room and headed upstairs.
Nick stood confused-“She is gonna go party? After what happened? You guys better go with her, I don’t want her goin by herself.”
Lisa looked at him-“Of course we are going, it’ll be fun but why aren’t you going? You protect her. We might be a little to occupied to take care of Lex.” She smiled as she pulled on AJ’s arm with a wink.
Nick smiled-“OK wat is going on here?”
AJ smiled-“Well, when nature pulls you towards someone, Bro you gotta let yourself get taken. By the way babe, I am loving that shirt on you ” He laughed as he tugged on her 69 shirt as they headed back upstairs to get ready.
Nick shook his head and sighed, he also went to get ready for the night, he had a feeling he was gonna have an interesting one.
That night Toni called up her cutie she hooked up with at AJ’s party Chris Evans and told him to meet her at the club. Lisa and AJ were waiting downstairs, Nick was also downstairs talking to Toni about what had happened with Jared, they were all waiting on Lexy. When she finally showed up she smiled at the look that they all had-“I take it you didn’t know I had this outfit?”
Toni shook her head-“No Lexy, that’s not the way you usually dress.”
Lexy shrugged her shoulders-“Well seems like the new me has some new taste.” They all looked at each other, and Nick shook his head as they headed out into the limo. Lexy’s head was killing her, she had way too much stress going on so she started drinking in the limo. Everyone watched her in shock, they didn’t like this Lexy, but they couldn’t do anything about it. When they got to the club, she was the first one to get out, Toni spotted Chris and walked over to him. When she got back everyone was out so she introduced him-“Hey guys, this is Chris Evan, I met him at AJ’s party the other day. Chris that is Lisa, you know AJ, Nick and Lexy.”
They greeted him then Lexy pulled on Nick’s arm-“Come on guys let’s get this party started.”
They walked in behind her and she started dancing. She danced with tons of guys who were there then she got bored of them so she went to get Nick. He didn’t feel like dancing so he was sitting in the VIP area drinking. Lisa came up to get a drink-“Hey Nick, why aren’t you having fun. We need this hun, we have too much stress. Come on.”
He laughed-“You’re right!”
He downed a few shots then got up right as Lexy had walked up and grabbed his arm-“Come on lets dance pretty boy.” Nick gave Lisa a goofy look then downed another shot as he walked away with Lexy.
They started dancing very heatedly, she was being totally different, sexier. She looked up and saw one of the side stages was open so she grabbed his shirt and pulled him up to it. She started dancing with him and he danced back, he was so into the dancing. They went on for about an hour and a half then everyone decided to go back to the hotel. In the limo Nick and Lexy were all over each other, everyone else just snickered and continued talking. When they got to Nick’s room, they were very intensely making out. She took his shirt off and laid him on the bed, she had already taken her shoes off and was on top of him. Then he stopped and moved her off of him-“Lexy, Lexy stop. I can’t do this.”
She looked at him-“Wat? Sure you can, you know you want to. You told me you wanted me.”
He shook his head-“Yea I do, but not like this Lex. Not drunk or with you not remembering our past. You don’t have the same feelings I have behind all this."
Lexy was confused-“What feelings Nick? Why am I so special to you?”
Nick looked at her-“Lexy, you wanna know why we got stranded in the ocean? Because you wanted to see the dolphins up close so I stole AJ’s boat to take you. You are special. This would have been our first time ”
She was mad, he turned her down-“Are you serious?”
Nick sighed-“I’m sorry Lexy.”
She got up-“So am I.” She grabbed her shoes and stormed out of the room. Nick laid in his bed shaking his head, he was so frustrated.
Lexy went to her room, she felt humiliated, ‘he said no ’ she thought to herself. When she reached her room, Lisa and AJ were walking into AJ’s room, they had been downstairs talking and drinking water. Lexy smiled-“At least they’ll have a good time.” Once she was in her room she laughed at herself then went to take a shower. Being turned down was a total buzz kill. She got dressed and went to bed.
The next morning she went downstairs to get some breakfast, she had the worst hang over, she ran into Kevin and Kristin, they smiled and invited her over. Kristin laughed-“Wow, rough night?”
Lexy smiled-“Oh yea, it was fun until I realized I had a little too much to drink.”
They laughed as she went and got her breakfast and sat back down. She started eating it, just then Kevin signaled over-“Hey Nick, come over here we need to start talking about the new video ”
Lexy stopped eating and turned around, Nick was walking over, she felt flushed so she picked up her tray-“I’m gonna go get ready to leave. See you guys.”
She walked passed Nick not looking at him, but he had glanced at her he hated that she was mad at him. Lexy was not ready to talk to Nick, she felt stupid and mad because he actually didn’t want to do anything. She told Lisa and Toni about it and they were sorta on Nick’s side which made Lexy mad. She got up-“It was just drunk sex. It wouldn’t have mattered.”
Toni was getting irritated-“Lexy listen to yourself! You don’t know who you are, much less what you felt before the accident. Hunny you and Nick were gonna be the real thing. He didn’t want that special moment to be just sex!”
Lisa got up and put her hand on her shoulder-“She’s rite Lex. It wouldn’t be fair for him.”
Lexy sighed-“I guess I understand. So wat about you and AJ? Did anything interesting happen there?”
Lisa turned around, her face was getting hott-“Um...yea. Unlike you and Nick, we did have our fun romantic night.” The girls laughed as Lisa’s face got redder and redder.
So Lexy turned the attention to Toni-“AND you missy, this Chris guy was cute. You met him at AJ’s party?”
Toni smiled-“Yea, he is soo sweet and funny. I really like him guys. He says that we can make this work, I talked to Johnny and he said that it was ok if he came on tour with us. Being the movie star that he is, then he can pay for his own room but he would ride on the bus with us. Isn’t that great?”
Lisa smiled and nodded-“Oh yea, he is a total hottie. Way to go Toni!”
Lexy shook her head and laughed. Just then Nick walked in Lexy turned away and he placed a hand on her shoulder. Lisa and Toni snuck out of the room Lexy puffed-“traitors.”
Nick smirked-“Lexy we need to talk. I’m sorry about last night.”
She stopped him-“No, Nick don’t apologize. It’s my fault don’t worry. I’m not being myself. Quiet frankly I don’t know when that will happen actually. I don’t wanna start all over Nick. I feel like a newborn, no memories.”
Nick hugged her-“it’ll be ok Lexy. Even if you have to start all over. I’m here to help you baby even if you don’t ever feel like that for me.”
She sighed then looked at him-“What are you guys doing today?”
Nick looked at his watch-“Well we are filming our new video in about 2 hours.”
She nodded, then smiled-“thank you, for actually caring.” She walked out of the room and laid down. They arrived to the next town, still in California. The guys went off to film the video. The girls decided that they needed to go out and shop, but first Johnny walked up to them-“Hey girls, I want you to meet the new Public Relation, her name is Marley. Lani was a bit of a drag so we needed a new one. Marley these are the dancers, Toni, Lisa, and Lexy.” The girls smiled and started talking to her, they got a totally great vibes from her she was amazing so they decided to ask her to go shopping with them. They told her about Lexy’s situation and about her singing career. Later on that day, Lexy was on her way downstairs with Lisa to get some pastries, it was around 9pm. The elevator was taking for ever so they decided to take the stairs. They were laughing and talking they didn’t see the water on one of the steps it was too late to even realize it. Lexy slipped and bumped her head on the wall and passed out. Lisa started panicking and calling out for help, a janitor was walking up and ran to help the girls. He carried Lexy back to her room where Lisa was fanning her and helping her out. When she came around Lisa was relieved-“Oh my goodness Lexy. Are you ok?”
Lexy nodded as she held her head, then looked at Lisa-“Lisa? My head.”
Lisa nodded-"Yea hunny you hit your head pretty hard. How do you feel?"
Lexy sat up-"I feel worse than when I we wrestled and i hit my head last month."
Lisa’s eyes got wide with excitement as she ran out and got Toni who was still chatting with Marley. The two girls ran in and hugged Lexy they were very excited. Toni smiled-“So you remember everything before the accident? What about after?”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, I remember it all Oh...I remember it all. Nick really cares about me guys! OH I wanna surprise him. Lisa can you ask AJ when they are gonna be done? But don’t tell him just yet ok?”
Chapter 27 by Tati
Nick finished his part and started heading back to the hotel. AJ caught up to him-“Hey bro, how about the two of us go out tonight and party. You really need to de-stress you self. Wat do you say?”
Nick laughed-“I know what you mean dawg! Yea just give me a chance to shower and get ready. I’ll call ya when I am ready. Later.”
He got to the hotel, and headed up stairs he ran into Lisa and Marley-“Hey girls. How you doin?”
They laughed and shook their heads-“We’re good but we are just glad someone might be better than us tonight.” They walked off laughing as Nick looked at them confused.
He walked into his room and the lights were off. He sighed as he turned them on and was surprised when he saw Lexy sitting on the bed. She was dressed very skimpy, she smiled and walked towards him-“Hi Nick.”
He stepped back-“Woah, Lexy. I thought we had already discussed this whole thing. It’s just not-”
She smiled as she put a finger up to his mouth-“Oh I remember what we talked about. In fact I remember quite a bit.” She kissed his softly.
He pulled away and looked into her eyes, he could see that sparkle that left when she had lost her memory-“Lexy? Is it really you?”
She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and nodded. He picked her up and spun her around-“OH my gosh how did this happen?”
She laughed-“I fell and hit my head, when I woke up I could remember everything. I wanted to surprise you that’s why I didn’t call rite away.”
He kissed her-“Oh baby I’m so glad you’re ok ”
She smiled as she pulled on his shirt walking backwards towards the bed-“Oh so am I.”
The next morning, she woke up and saw Nick asleep she smirked-“He’s so cute.”
She sat up and stretched, she felt him move so she turned to look at him, he was smiling-“Wow, I could get used to this. Waking up next to you.”
She laughed-“really? We’ll see how well you behave, then we shall decide that.” She got up and put on his t-shirt-“I am gonna take a shower.”
He sat up-“Need help with that?”
She laughed-“I think I can handle it. Besides if you went in with me, we would never come out and we have to get ready to leave, I have some more recording to do.”
He pouted-“Fine. But see if I offer it again.”
She laughed as she went in to the bathroom. When she came out he was standing on the balcony wrapped up in the comforter. She shook her head-“Now you need to come inside. What will the media say when they see you out there in nothing but a comforter?”
He walked towards her-“The girls are gonna say DAYUM ”
She laughed-“You are so full of yourself Nick Carter ”
He smirked devilishly-“You shouldn’t be talking you were full of Nick Carter last night too.”
Her eyes widened as she turned red, she walked over to her suit case to get something to wear, he was cracking up-“You like that? I made that one up.”
She shook her head as she smiled-“Well our romantic moment is over, the real Nick came out. GO shower ” He was still laughing as he went in to the bathroom. The he stuck his head out-“so babe, does this mean we are official? The real deal?”
Lexy smiled and nodded-“Yea, you don’t think I would sleep with you if it weren’t serious?”
Meanwhile in the lobby, AJ and Lisa were having breakfast-“I don’t understand why Nick didn’t call He said we would go out ”
Lisa laughed-“Baby, you sound like a girl He was busy don’t worry.”
AJ looked at her-“How do you know he was busy? Busy with wat?”
Lisa smiled-“You’ll see.”
Toni and Chris walked over to them-“Morning guys Mind if we join ya?”
Lisa shook her head-“Nope, you might need to put tables together I have a feeling everyone will join us today.” They put like four tables together and sure enough, Marley, Howie, Brian, Leighanne, and Baylee came down and joined them. Then Nick and Lexy walked down holding hands, everyone looked at them. AJ turned to Lisa-“What happened?” Lisa just smiled.
When they arrived at the table Lexy smiled-“Hey guys ” they got their food then went to sit down. They waited til Kevin and Kristin got there for them to start explaining-“Ok, I have something important to say. Yesterday, Lisa and I were running down the stairs and I slipped I hit my head pretty hard and passed out. When I woke up I was me again. I remembered everything, so it’s me And I want to apologize for the way I acted and dressed. Lordy girls don’t ever let me wear that outfit again.”
Everyone hugged her and we happy for her. Kevin smiled-“It’s great to have you back Lexy. I was getting worried, we had scheduled for Dean, the manager of the *****cat dolls, to come by and officially meet you get the contract going and all that fun stuff. He is your manager, Johnny is your other manager. They figured that since it was in his club that your talent was discovered, that he needs to get in this too.”
Lexy laughed-“Great Just let me know what time and I shall be ready.”
Later on that day, Lexy went downstairs to meet up with Kevin and Johnny they were gonna meet Dean at a restaurant. When they got there Lexy was starting to feel nervous-“what if he didn’t like my demo?”
Kevin laughed-“Relax Baby. He will love it.”
Finally a young around his late 20's early 30's walked up-“Hi. I’m Dean.”
She stood up-“Hi Dean, I am Alexia but I go by Lexy.”
He smiled after he shook their hands-“Wow, it is a pleasure seeing you again Lexy. Now, I heard your demo and I loved it. I had my writers start writing you new songs, and I have one duet planned with you and any guy of your choice. I’m guessin it will be one of these guys?”
She smiled as Kevin laughed-“Oh yea, It will most likely be her guy Nick.”
Dean smiled-“Wow, YOUR guy? That’s great Ok, now I have your first single ready for you to record. It its alrite with Johnny I want Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas to do this song with you.”
Johnny nodded-“It’s alrite with me. I can feel it Lexy, you are gonna be great ”
Lexy was getting excited-“Wow, I can’t wait ”
Dean laughed-“The great thing about your fame Lexy is that you are already in the public eye so you will instantly be a star We have photo shoots for your CD cover coming up soon, then your show will be planned out, TV Shows are to be scheduled after, of course, we film your video You are gonna be one busy girl.”
Kevin smiled-“See Lexy I told you, you had nothing to worry about.”
When they got back to the hotel, Lexy only had about an hour before she had to run off to record two tracks for her album, then the show with the boys as their dancer. She had about a week left of dancing with them, then she would shoot her video and start performin for the fans. Nick was thrilled for her, he drove her to the recording studio she was excited, she was about to record a remake of “Where Did Our Love Go.” Then she was gonna do some other ones. Nick liked watching her sing, she would get so into it. Marcus laughed-“You two are perfect for each other, you both get passionate when singing.”
Nick play hit him-“Shut up Man she really is good huh?”
Marcus nodded-“yea, she definitely has it going on.”
Lexy smiled, she was excited this new CD was gonna bring her big things, things that could blow her away.
Chapter 28 by Tati
Lexy was getting ready for her photo shoot, for her CD, her outfits were totally cute, although she did feel like she was showing too much in some of them. After this, she was gonna go to sound check, it was gonna be her first performance Live and she was very nervous. The photo shoot was a blast, she had never done one so it was all very new to her.
Then the interview for the thank yous, she smiled-“Ok, wow this is exciting. First and foremost I want to thank God, for giving me the opportunity to be on this tour as a dancer and now as a performer. HE has given so much to all of us that it is nice to give him thanks and praise. I want to say thank you to my Maggie, my guardian angel, she watches me from above and sends me the blessing that have come down on my path. I miss ya girl. NOW, I want to thank my gurls, Lisa, Toni and our new best friend Marley. These girls area always by my side, we stick together we are the four musketeer, you can’t separate us. Where you see one you will see the other three, they are great I love them. MY BOYS Brian, Kevin, Howie you guys are my big brothers, you have guided me through this new task and helped me pass it. Kristin and Leighanne you girls have showed me what being with these boys can do to you and how to move passed it. My buddy AJ, you were there with me from the start, when things were rough, you were there to help me through them. You totally saved my butt a few times from you know who. My best friend, the sweetest guy I have ever met, Nick you are the greatest thing that has happened to me. Although we have had our rough times you always come back. Thank you for not losing faith in me. I want to thank Johnny, Dean, the Pussycat Dolls for giving me a chance to perform with them when this all started, the band, the writers, the DANCERS you guys were there with me from day one! Before the tour and rehearsals there were the try-outs and you guys were my only friends. The bodyguards, you guys rock! Now of course, my family, look where I am. I made it and I thank you for loving me. Now to all of you have forgotten, thank you TO BSB FANS! THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! And to my future fans, you are the reason I do this.”
She finished up, with tears in her eyes, she realized that she has a lot to be thankful for. She smiled, then went over to change back into her normal clothes so she could head over to sound check. She didn’t want any one to go with her to the photo shoot cuz she wanted them to be surprised when they saw it. Her single would be released in week, which meant the video shoot would be coming up, and that was gonna be a blast. She hurried into the stadium and put her ear piece in then, got her mic ready, she was gonna do her sound check before the guys, since they got the fans in there. She started singing and was feeling her stomach turn, she looked in the audience area and saw Marley, Lisa, and Toni dancing. It was the first time they heard her songs. She had the Backstreet drummer, Drake, doing Will.i.am’s part. She was totally into it, she figured she was doing well. About an hour later, she was getting ready to perform, she walked out in her outfit and Nick’s jaw fell-“Baby, how do you expect me not to look at your.”
She laughed as AJ yelled-“CENSORED!”
She shook her head, she could hear the fans screaming, Nick ran over to her-“You’ll do fine baby, you have been practicing.” He gave her a kiss-“Go get em tiger.”
She ran out on stage and the lights turned off, except for the spotlight on her-“Hello! Now I know you girls, and guys, remember me Lexy the dancer!” They screamed when they realized who she was. She laughed-“Well, someone thought that it would be a good idea for me to sing, so I did. And here I am the opening act for some group! Haha, so yea my CD, Stray Pussycat, will be out next month but my video comes out in two weeks! Tell me you guys will vote for it on TRL and my songs on the radio.” The girls screamed, she smiled-“Great! Now I know you guys know this song, it’s my personal touch to it!” She began singing Tainted Love/Where did our love go. The fans went crazy, she loved it. After that song, she went on to sing Beep, she walked over to the side of the stage ,-“Now, ladies I know you have had a guy talk to you but is really talking to your chest or you behind AM I RIGHT?? Then you can tell them this. Then Drake came out to do his part. She smiled as he began singing, the crowd clapped along and got her pumped up, she then walked back to sing with the band when she noticed the drummer that had taken Drake’s spot, it was Nick in disguise, he winked at her. She smiled as she continued singing. When she finished up she pumped the crowd up-“WOOO Now I know you guys are ready to see these boys..well MEN You want to see...Kevin?(Fans Scream) What about Brian?(More Screams) How about HOWIE?(Loud ones) Wat about cutie patootie AJ (LOUD screams) Hmmm I got those four, but there are five guys...who am I forgetting? Oh that’s rite I know you guys are ready to see NIICCKK (VERY LOUD SCREAMS)” She laughed-“Well you guys have been great to me, Backstreet Boys really do have the best fans in the world I love you guys!” She ran off stage and saw Nick waiting for her.
She jumped up and gave him the biggest hug he spun her around-“Baby you were great. You look soo hott.” He then whispered in her ear-“You will definitly have to wear that later on!”
She gasped and play hit him-“Nick!” She kissed him, then went to hug her girls.
Marley smiled-“Holy crap girl you did awesome you totally had the crowd going and all. Pretty soon you will have your own fans ”
Lexy smiled-“Aww thanx Marley! Looks like you and me will be watching the show from the audience!” Marley nodded, Lexy went over to Toni who was very nervous-“Don’t worry hun, you will do fine. I promise ”
Chris smiled-“Yea babe, I know you will do good. I’ll be watching in the audience with Lexy and Marley ” The guys were ready to go and so were the dancers. The show was awesome, afterwards they headed back to the hotel. It was the first time, Lexy and Lisa did not share a room. It was now Lisa and AJ, Toni and Chris, Marley and Adriana, and Lexy and Nick. When they got in their room, Nick smiled-“wat do you say we wear some of this energy off?”
She smiled-“I say we get started ”
The Next morning, Lexy decided to let Nick sleep, he needed it. She went downstairs to the pool area to lay out, she called Lisa, Toni, and Marley to join her. When the girls got down there, Lexy was ready to tell them about her great plan. She wanted to do something for the boys, something very special. And she knew just how to do it.
Chapter 29 by Tati
The girls had planned everything out. It was set, Marley was going to tell the guys they had a charity ball to do in two weeks, so they could prepare. Lexy smiled-“OK, Kristin and Leighanne, I know this won’t be hard for you two, but I need you to make up a list of Kevin and Brian’s friends. Lisa, Toni and Marley I need you guys to work on AJ and Howie’s friends. I will get Nick’s friends. OH you know what this means rite??”
Marley nodded-“We get to go shopping ” The girls decided that they would spend most of their free time preparing. When everyone went off to do their duties, Marley stayed behind to help Lexy put away the papers in a good hiding spot. Marley smiled-“Lexy, you are a genius I don’t know anyone who would have thought about a Backtreet Prom ”
Lexy laughed-“Yeessss Well, I figured AJ and Nick didn’t really get to go to High school, there for they didn’t get prom. The other three haven’t been to prom in like a million years, being old and all.” They laughed, it was brilliant, Lexy thought to herself.
That after noon, Nick took Lexy out to eat, he decided that it would be nice to have just them time. She was totally excited, she had dressed up for him and all they went to a quiet little place before the show, it was great. They talked about tons of things. She smiled then got serious-“Nick I have something to tell you.”
He looked at her-“Sure, Baby you can tell me anything.”
She felt butterflies in her stomach-“I’m late.”
He looked at his watch-“What are you talking about Lexy, the show doesn’t start for another 4 hours ”
She shook her head-“No, Nick you don’t understand. I’m really late.”
He looked at her confused-“Baby you aren’t la-(he stopped and his eyes grew wide)oh How did this happen? Are you sure? Maybe it’s a false alarm.”
She began getting worried-“Oh Nick I’m so scared, what if it’s not, and I am pregnant What will that do to your career?”
He shook his head-“My career? what about yours? You just started ”
She pushed back the tears-“No, I don’t care about mine. I can be a one hit wonder, babe I don’t know what to do?”
Nick sighed-“What do you think about an abortion?”
Her eyes grew wide, tears filled them-“What? Are you serious? That is a life!! CREATED BY US!”
Nick tried calming her down-“No, Lexy listen please. It would give you a clean start...we could start over.”
She held her stomach-“I think I’m gonna be sick. I can’t even look at you rite now. She ran out of the restaurant, they were in the back VIP section she called a cab to take her to the hotel. He ran after her but didn’t catch her, the taxi had left when he got there.
She cried the whole way, when she got there she ran into AJ he was about to head upstairs-“Woah Woah! Lexy baby, wat’s the matter?”
They got in the elevator, she looked at him-“AJ, I don’t know if you know yet, Lisa might have told you. But I think I’m pregnant.”
AJ looked at her-“Wow, does Nick know?”
She nodded-“Yes, and he suggested abortion! Can you believe him? Oh God I can’t even think about that.”
He wiped his hands-“Hunny that doesn’t sound like Nick.”
She looked at him-“You don’t believe me? He said it AJ, he’s not that much of a saint.”
The doors opened and she ran to her room, he called out to her-“No, Lexy!”
Lisa had walked out when she saw Lexy, run into her room crying and AJ calling out to her. She looked at him with a confused look, he shook his head, so she put her hand up-“I’ll talk to her.(She knocked)Lexy? Hunny? Open the door, Please. It’s me Lisa, let me in.”
Lexy was sitting on the floor infront of the door, she got up and opened it letting her in-“Oh Lisa! I told him!”
Lisa sighed-“Oh No Lexy, we told you to wait until we knew for sure.”
Lexy cried-“No, I couldn’t wait, I couldn’t keep it inside of me! HE suggested abortion Lisa.”
Lisa grew worried-“Oh, Lex. I’m sure he was just scared. Although that was stupid of him to even consider!”
Just then there was a bang at the door, it was Nick-“LEXY?? Lexy baby please let me in!! Baby please talk to me!!”
Lisa looked at Lexy who was crying even harder-“Do you want me tell him to leave?”
Lexy shook her head-“No, just leave him, I’ll talk to him when I’m ready. You can go Lisa, AJ is probably waiting. I will be fine here.”
Lisa hugged her-“Are you sure? I’m sure he won’t mind! Oh Lexy we are just across the hall give me a call if you need anything ok?” Lexy nodded and walked her to the door, Nick was standing there, Lisa closed the door behind her-“I’m sorry Nick, but she is not ready to talk to you right now. Frankly I don’t blame her.”
Nick sighed-“It’s not what you think Lisa.”
AJ walked up to him-“Hey man, you wanna stay with us? Doesn’t look like she is gonna let you in anytime soon? Why did you do this man? How could you suggest that?”
Nick looked at him-“I don’t know AJ! I was scared, it’s too early in our relationship to have a baby! But I thought about it on the way home, and I felt like such an @ss! I need to talk to her man!” He started to cry.
Lexy sat in front of her door on the floor crying, she kept thinking about wat to do, Why would he suggest that? Maybe he was just scared. I can’t do this on my own, please God let him just be scared! Her thoughts made her cry more, then Nick started knocking on the door again-“Baby, please baby. Let me in, you don’t understand, I’m so sorry!” She sat there, with her knees to her chest, she kept shaking her head. About an hour later he was still there, begging her to come inside. Finally the door opened, and he got up quickly, he saw her with her eyes red and puffy. He too had red puffy eyes, he walked in and gave her a hug, she sobbed into his shoulder, she didn’t fight him. As mad as she was at him, she still felt like she needed him. She was scared. He cried too-“I’m so sorry Lexy. That’s not what I meant, I’m sorry. I was just scared, I really don’t want that. It was just what popped in my head, I seriously didn’t want to say that I am sorry.”
She pulled away and sat on the bed-“Nick, I can’t do this alone. I need you to really mean it. To be serious I can’t do this alone.”
He kneeled down in front of her, holding her hands kissing them-“No baby, I am serious. I want to do this together I promise you I didn’t mean it, I was just scared. You won’t do it alone, I’m here and I’m not leaving you.”
He got up and kissed her, she kissed him back. Then they laid down, she laid in his arms, sighing and sniffling. They fell asleep, they were gonna need it, the week to come was gonna be extremely incredible.
Chapter 30 by Tati
Lexy woke up the next morning with small headache, she smiled when she saw Nick was still sleeping. He looked so cute, she got up and decided to take a shower, the guys were gonna go to Idaho, but she was gonna be on a Jet back to LA to shoot her first video, with Will.i.am for her song Beep. Nick got up and turned on the radio, he felt like jammin to some music. Just then the DJ announce-“Now this girl is hot I saw her at the Backstreet Boys concert two nights ago and she blew me away. Here is her debut Beep, Ladies and Gentlemen this is The stray Pussy Cat her self Lexy.”
Then her song came on, Nick ran to the room-“Lexy Your on the radio!”
Lexy ran out in her towel-“OH MY GOD! It is, wow!” She started jumping up and down.
Nick hugged her-“See baby. They like you! You sound amazing!” She was so excited, she completely forgot she was in a towel, Nick of course did not-“Dayum babe, maybe we should take this excitement and do something with it, you know to get it out of our system.”
He winked at her, she looked down then blushed-“Maybe I should go put some clothes on.” She ran into the bedroom and locked the door.
Nick laughed as he ran after her-“No, Lexy cheater! You have a lock!” He laughed, there was a knock at the door-“You are lucky! You got saved by the bell! I would have knocked this door down!”
She laughed on the other side and opened it enough to stick her head out-“Ooh, I’m so scared Big bad Nicky was gonna bust my door open!”
He looked at her and laughed as he shook his head, he acted like he was gonna run at the door, and she squealed as she shut it. He laughed-“Haha you are scared!”
When he opened it, AJ and Lisa were standing there with a confused look on their face-“hi!”
Lisa looked at him-“I take it everything is ok. You and your stupidass are still in the room.”
Nick rolled his eyes-“Yes Lisa, I’m here. She forgave me because I didn’t mean it. We are gonna do this together. But please don’t tell Kevin yet.”
AJ shook his head-“Yo dawg, it’s gonna be hard hiding something like that from them. She’s gonna start showing and do we say ‘Oh Kev, she’s not pregnant She is just fat...in this area.’”
They laughed, Nick play shoved him-“No you dumbass, we will tell him when the time is right.”
Lexy walked out in a cute sundress-“Tell who what?”
Nick turned around, her dress was loose so it looked like she was pregnant already, it made Nick get butterflies in his stomach, then he smiled-“You look beautiful Lexy.” He walked over to her and hugged her-“Oh babe, I don’t want you to go do some video shoot with hott guys!”
She laughed-“It’s ok Nick, I won’t get that swept away by the hot models.” She winked at Lisa who started laughing when Nick shoved her softly.
Lisa walked up to her-“well I think you deserve a congrats, with the new baby coming.” She hugged her.
AJ followed-“Yea, I can’t till the little munchkin is here, he can play with uncle AJ, I haven’t grown much in my mind so we will be just right.”
Nick laughed as he put his arm around her shoulder-“YOU? Can you imagine me? I’m gonna be a kid daddy!”
Lexy smiled as she looked down-“Yep, it’s gonna be a crazy one huh?”
Nick sighed-“Yep, now Baylee will have someone to play with.”
AJ and Lisa laughed, then went back to their room.
Lexy went to get her bags ready she was gonna leave in about two hours. Nick walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist-“This baby is going to have everything he wants. Just you wait and see, we are gonna be great parents.” She laughed-“What makes you think it’s a he?”
He scoffed-“Duh, because I am the leading one in the making of it, I get to choose!”
She shook her head as she turned around to kiss him-“Oh I’m gonna miss you Nick. Even though it will only be two days. I’ll catch up with you guys in two days and we will be together again.”
Nick sighed as he squeezed her tightly-“Oh but I shall miss you!(Then he got on his knees and kissed her tummy)I will miss you too baby Nick!” She laughed as he held her stomach close to his ear-“I can hear it moving!”
She pushed him away-“No, that’s just me being hungry! Let’s get something to eat!”
Two hours later she was on an air plane headed towards LA, she had about four outfits she got to work right away. She had dancers for her club scene, and some models for her school scene and mall scene, then of course Will.i.am. This was her first time meeting him, they had recorded separately. She walked up to him and shook his hand-“Hi! I am Lexy. This is an honor to work with you. Thank you so much for doing this.”
He smiled-“Nah Baby, the honor is mine. This will be fun!”
They got started on the video they worked for about 6 hours on the beach scene and the school scene.
Lyrics to the song:
(She stands on the beach dancing with her buds)
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Ha, ha-ha, ha
Ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Ha, ha-ha, ha
[Will.I.Am](He stands behind her pointing at her as he sings. She shakes her head attitude-ish) It's funny how a man only thinks about the...
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking your...
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your..

[LEXY](She gets in his face and sings, he backs up)
I don't give a...
Keep looking at my...
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
(She is in a school, with students around her, she start talking to a guy and he just stares at her chest. Then she gets up and walks out of the class while MALE teacher watches her. She stands infront of a locker and a guy tries to hold her hand and she pushes him away.) Every boy's the same
Since I been in the seventh grade
They been trying to get with me
Trying to (Ha, ha-ha, ha, ha-ha)
They always got a plan
To be my one and only man
Want to hold me with their hands
Want to (Ha, ha-ha, ha, ha-ha)
I keep turning them down
But, they always come around
Asking me to go around
That's not the way it's going down
(She walks out to the middle of the hall where she does a dance routine)
'Cause they only want
Only want my ha, ha-ha Ha, ha-ha
Only want what they want
But, na, ah-ah Na, ah-ah
(She walks out of the school and steps back on to the beach in her bathing suit outfit)
Will.I.Am](He stands in the corner and sings with a group of guys who point and whisper)
It's funny how a man only thinks about the...
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking your...
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your..

[LEXY](The girls have a bon fire and Lexy is dancing with a guy, when she sees him staring at her chest. So the pushes him away shaking her head and turns to another guy.)
I don't give a...
Keep looking at my...
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

That was a wrap for that part of the day, getting dark, so she decided to head back. When she got home she didn’t feel so good so she went to lay down.
Nick laid in his bed watching TV, when his phone rang he picked it up-“Hello?”
It was Lexy-“Hey, babe.”
Nick could immediately tell something was wrong-“Lexy? Baby wat’s wrong?”
She sighed, her voice cracked a little-“I got it Nick.”
He was confused-“Got wat baby?”
She was quiet-“My period.”
Chapter 31 by Tati
There was a silence on the other line, she didn’t know what to think. Was he happy or upset? So she finally spoke-“Nick? It’s a good thing rite?”
Nick spoke-“Yea, baby it is. Are you ok?”
She sighed-“Yea, I’ll see you in two days.”
She hung up the phone and cried.
The next day was tough on her, she was exhausted but she did good.
Video:
(She walks into a mall and start flirting with the boys. She sits at a table in the food court while guys walk up winking at her and smiling at her. She sits and laughs with her friends. She shakes her head at them)
You didn't know that no
Don't mean yes, it means no
So just hold up, wait a minute
Let me put my two cents in it
One, just be patient
Don't be rushing
Like you're anxious
And two, oh just to aggressive
So try to get your (Ahh)

(She is in a convertible on their way to the club, boys pull up on both side. The guys stand up and start yellin to get their attention)
Do you know that I know?
And I don't want to go there

Only want
Only want my ha, ha-ha
Ha, ha-ha
Only want what they want
But, na, ah-ah
Na, ah-ah

[Will.I.Am] (He walks out onto the middle of the street and start singing and dancing.)
It's funny how a man only thinks about the...
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking your...
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your...

[LEXY](She walks up to him and starts dancing with him, while the girls and the guys drive off to the club)I don't give a...
Keep looking at my...
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

Will.I.Am](They are at the club and she is dancing while he is onstage singing)
Boomp-boomp, Omp-omp
Boomp, boomp-boomp
Boomp-boomp, Omp-omp
Boomp, boomp-boomp
[Repeated]

[LEXY] (The people form a circle around her, and the lights are just on her as she dances alone)
Ooh, you've got it bad I can tell
You want it bad, but oh well
Dude, what you got for me
Is something I
Something I don't need
Oh

[Will.I.Am](Back to the beach scene)
It's funny how a man only thinks about the...
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking your...
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your...

[LEXY](She walks up to him and sings to the camera)
I don't give a...
Keep looking at my...
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...
Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

[Will.I.Am](Lexy and Him dance together and laugh)It's funny how a man only thinks about the...
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking your...
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your...
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your...

[LEXY]
I don't give a...
Keep looking at my...
'Cause it don't mean a thing if you're looking at my...
I'm a do my thing while you're playing with your...Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

She smiled, when she walked over to Will.i.am and thanked him again for coming down and making the video with her. He gave her a hug-“No problem kiddo. I will see you when we perform this song for the VMA’s!”
She smiled, then went back to the hotel, she checked her phone, no one had called. Not even Nick, she was worried, why hadn’t he called.
*The next day*
When she got back, Nick picked her up from the airport. When she walked out, he ran to her and lifted her up and kissed her-“I missed you baby!”
She smiled and kissed him back, she needed his arms she felt so horrible about everything. When they got in the car to head to the hotel, Nick looked at her-“Are you ok?”
She sighed-“Nick, I’m sorry I wasn’t pregnant. I had gotten used to the idea, and I like it. It was gonna be ours.”
Nick looked out the window-“I know babe, I got upset when you told me. But in a way it’s a good thing, we can start over and do it right baby! Ya know?”
She sighed, he was right and she was glad that he had felt upset too, she knew he was serious about them.
When they got to the hotel Nick smiled-“OK, close your eyes I have a surprise for you!”
She looked at him confused-“Nick, wat are you up to?”
He laughed-“Shh...just close your eyes.” She closed her eyes as he took her hand and led her into the suite, he then let her go and told her to open her eyes. She gasped he was holding a beautiful black and white baby Persian cat-“I figured we were both bummed about the baby being a false alarm that we could practice with her.”
Lexy took the cat and hugged Nick-“OH Nick! She is precious! Thank you so much baby!” She cuddled the kitten and pet her. She was excited-“I am going to name her...Duchess.”
Nick laughed-“Ok, she’s your baby.”
There was a knock at the door, she opened it to see her three best friends, who had already heard the news of no baby. They hugged her offering their apologies and their love. Lexy smiled-“Thanks guys, but it’s better this way. I can get my career straight, then start my family. BUT you have to see my present from Nick.” The girls followed her inside and saw the kitten, they started awing and petting her. They were also excited about the kitten coming along on the tour.
A few days later, the guys were back in New York, there were gonna be on TRL (When Carson was there, when BSB was liked by them), and it was gonna be Lexy’s first appearance on TV to premiere her video for Beep. She was totally excited when they got there, the guys got taken into their make up area, and she was taken to her make up area. When the show started Carson had to calm everyone down-“Woah, we have not seen this kind of reaction since...well since the last time these guys were in the studio. Ladies and gentlemen we have the Backstreet Boys in the studio today!(girls Scream) Hi I’m Carson Daly.”
Hilary Burton was also a VJ that day-“And I’m Hilary Burton, and you are watching TRL.”
Carson smiled as the cheers went down-“OK, I know you guys are anticipating their entrance...Boys and Girls please welcome the Backstreet Boys!” Just want you to know starts playing and girls start jumping up and down as the guys walk out greeting them on their way. They talked about their break and their return and all that fun stuff, while counting down the videos of course. Hilary smiled-“So...I know you guys have been touring around the US and we are grateful that you stepped out of your busy schedule to come see us here. Now back to the touring part, your opening act is quite a girl huh?”
The guys laughed and nodded, AJ smiled-“Oh man, she is an amazing performer. She is super sweet and totally a babe...if ya know what I mean guys!”
Hilary laughed-“Wow AJ seems like you have a bit of a thing for her!”
He shook his head quickly-“OH no no...not me. Don’t get me wrong, she is sweet but I have my girlfriend who is 10 times hotter! Hi Lisa!”
Lisa laughed backstage as she stood with Lexy-“Nice save AJ.”
He acted like he wiped sweat off his forehead-“Phew, that was a close one.”
Hilary laughed-“Aww...ladies did ya hear that? Aj is taken! And we know Brian and Kevin have wives. What about the other two?”
Nick and Howie laughed as they shrugged. Nick winked-“We’ll leave ya guessing on that one.”
Hilary scoffed-“Not fair! Ok, well you guys heard it yourself, this next guest is sweet and amazing give it up for the stray pussycat her self LEXY!”
Her song came on as she walked on the stage smiling. Nick’s jaw dropped he hadn’t seen her fully dressed, her label was making her look more like the PCD(pussycat dolls). She looked hott, not like the sweet Lexy he knew. She walked out and hugged Hilary and Carson, then waved at the guys.
Carson smiled-“Dayum AJ you were right about her being a babe!”
The guys in the crowd whistled and shouted. Nick held his jealousy back, he just winked at her, which made her smile. She turned to Carson-“Aww, thank you Carson! Wow I was soo nervous backstage, this is the first time I come on TV.”
Hilary smiled-“Don’t worry hun, you look fantastic. It will most definitely not be the last time you get on tv. Now tell us about how you started off and that whole sailing off into sea thing with Mr. Carter over here.”
Nick covered his face-“Ah no! I knew you guys were gonna bring that up, it was an accident! We fell asleep on the yacht and drifted off.”
Lexy laughed-“I was freaking out! But let’s not get into embarrassing details!” She talked about her start as a dancer, then the whole PCD show.
Carson laughed-“Speaking of the PCD show, we have footage of us asking Ashlee Simpson about the whole ordeal, watch wat she had to say about you taking her spot.”
They turn to the Tv and Ashlee was talkin-“Oh my God! That was soo embarrassing for me and for the poor girl. She was a nobody and couldn’t even sing. She totally is not gonna go anywhere with that. I hear she is a dancer for BSB, well she needs to stick with that.”
Lexy’s jaw was open in a ‘that’s messed up’ smile-“Wow! Well miss Simpson...looks like it did get me somewhere. How do you like them apples??”
The guys started laughing, as did the audience, Carson and Hilary, they cheered for her as she turned with her arms up in the air and bowed. Carson calmed himself down-“wow, you are something else Lexy, so here is the question I am sure every guy in this room wants to know. I mean even I wanna know...do you have a boyfriend?”
She turned red as she sneaked a glance at Nick, she was told to say no for her image and Nick understood-“Um...no.”
Hilary laughed-“touring with five gorgeous guys not including the dancers, and you don’t have a boyfriend?”
Lexy shook her head, Nick smiled at her, they knew they would spill the beans when they were ready.
Carson nodded-“Nice nice, well enough chit-chat, lets get to the video we have all been waiting for. Lexy will you do the honors?”
She nodded as she stood infront of the camera-“Boys and girls, here is the WORLD premier of my first video Beep.”
During the video, Kevin walked up to her-“Hey sweetie, you are doing great. The only thing is that whole comment about Ashlee. I doubt you wanna stir up mess so soon.”
Lexy looked at him, she realized he was right, and oh it was gonna be a huge mess that was gonne get stirred.



********************
her outfit for TRL
Chapter 32 by Tati
Everything was set, the guys thought they were going to a charity ball, and the girls had it all planned. The boys were already dressed, the girls had kicked Nick out of the room so the four of them could get dressed together. They were soo excited, everything was going as planned. Around 9, AJ knocked on the door-“Girls, the limo is here you almost set?”
Leighanne went to the door, without opening it-“Yep, you guys just wait down stairs!”
AJ laughed-“Alright. It’s just a charity thing, not some big thing!” He and Nick walked downstairs to meet up with Kevin, Brian, Howie, Adrianna Chris(Toni’s BF) and Albert(Marley’s date). Soon after the six girls walked downstairs, they made everyone’s jaw drop. The guys walked up to them in awe, they were speechless. Lexy giggled-“Told you we looked hot.”
Nick smiled-“Wow, Baby...I mean...wow.”
AJ also stared at Lisa-“Dang Baby. You look amazing. You really do...wow.”
The guys all were shocked, they got in the limo. Kevin smiled-“So how long is this charity thing going to last? I mean I don’t even know who it’s for! Who is it for Marley?”
Marley looked at him, thinking quickly-“Um...I think it was like the make a wish foundation, thanking all the stars for what they have done.”
Kevin nodded, Lexy looked at Marley and smiled as she mouthed “Nice” to her. When they got there, the guys sighed, Nick looked at them-“Well, here go the fake smiles.”
Lexy smirked as she whispered to Lisa-“they better not be fake smiles!”
The couples walked in to the ballroom, the outside was beautiful, it had lights everywhere and balloons. It was very well decorated, the girls were surprised by themselves. They walked inside and looked around, Kevin was the first to see the huge sign-“Wa-? Are you serious?”
Lexy smiled as Nick turned to look at it-“Welcome to Backstreet Prom. Did you girls do this?”
Lexy smiled and nodded excitedly-“YES!!”
Nick picked her up in a hug-“OH my God baby this is amazing!”
Lisa smiled after AJ put her down-“We wanted to do something special for you guys. Since you and Nick missed your prom, Lexy thought it would be a good idea so we pulled it together. Marley put the date together, and made you think it was some charity event. Toni, Leighanne, and Kristin did the decorating committee. Lexy and I planned the music and the food. The six of us did the guest list, so wat do you think?”
Aj smiled at her-“I think this is the nicest most awesome thing anyone has done for us. Thank you girls.”
Nick was smiling from ear to ear, he couldn’t stop, he just kept squeezing Lexy and smiling at her. Then he grabbed her hand-“Well then lets get this party started!”
The DJ spoke-“Alright...this party is about to get bumping! First of all lets hear it for our guest of honor the Backstreet Boys!!” The whole room clapped as the guys walked out to the middle of the dance floor. There was tons of people like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Tommy Lee, P. Diddy, Carson tons of stars came out for the guys’ special night. Nick wrapped his arms around Lexy’s waist as the DJ announced-“Ok, this is a special dance for the guys, you might know this one.” I’ll never break your heart came on and the guys laughed as they danced with their partners. The party was slammin, around midnight everyone(except AJ) was a little tipsy. They danced with each others dates and all. Lexy was dancing to Set it Off with AJ, Lisa was dancing with Nick, Marley was with Chris and Toni was dancing with Albert. They were having such a good time, it was incredible. After about another hour of dancing, the DJ came back on-“Alright party people, to make this an official Prom, we need our King and Queen!!” Lexy looked at the girls with a confused look, she had not planned this part. The girls just shrugged but smiled. The DJ went on-“OK, I counted the votes and this year your Backstreet Prom king for 2005 is ...Mr. Nick Carter!!”
Lexy clapped as Nick jumped up and down, then ran onstage for them to crown him and give him a robe. Then the DJ went on-“And your 2005 Backstreet Prom queen is...Ms. Lexy!!!” Lexy looked at Toni, Lisa, and Marley who had high-fived each other-“Did you guys plan this?”
They nodded, Lisa smiled-“We figured you needed a reward for being so kind to them!” They hugged her then pushed her upstage. She walked up and got crowned then got her own robe, Nick smiled at her, he looked so amazing. The DJ laughed-“OK, Clear the floor guys, this dance is for the queen and king!”
Nick took her hand and held it high, he smiled at her she just watched him. He was enjoying it so much, she was so happy. “You and Me” By Lifehouse came on and Nick pulled her in, the spot light was on them as they danced. Lexy let a little sniffle and a tear roll out, Nick looked at her-“Baby? Are you ok?”
She laughed-“Yea, it’s just...you look so happy, that it made me happy. These are happy tears!”
Nick looked at her and wiped them away-“Aww baby! Come here!” He wrapped her in a hug, then continued dancing with her. Around 3:30 AM everyone had left, so they headed back to the hotel. They went to Nick and Lexy’s suite, none of them were tired, they were kind of drunk.
Lisa laughed as she sat on the couch-“Oh I have an idea!! We need to play a game!!”
Nick shook his head-“No...no game!”
Lexy pouted-“Come on babe! Let’s play!” Then she whispered in his ear-“If you play, I will give you one hell of a after prom!”
Nick’s jaw dropped then he smiled-“Ok we’re in!”
AJ laughed as he rubbed his hands together-“Alright! Splendid idea baby. Now wat should we play? How many people are here. Let’s see we have Me, Lisa, Nick, Lexy, Toni, Chris, Marley, Albert, Kevin Zegers, Nicole(from PCD) looks like we have an even amount of guys and girls.”
Lexy giggled-“Good, we can play make out time, we’ll start.”
Nick smiled down at her-“Mmm I like that idea!”
They started Kissing and AJ laughed-“Wow wow, hold your horses you too. You have a great idea Lexy. Since we are having a highschool dance prom...we should play a game we played in highschool! 7 minutes in Heaven...spin the bottle kind.”
Lisa looked at him-“You mean, we end up kissing other people?”
Marley slurred-“Isn’t that cheating on or bf?”
AJ laughed-“It would be, if the other person wasn’t doing it too. It’s all in good fun, your drunk, it’s ok...that is unless you are insecure about your relationships.”
Lexy stood up-“Pshh...NO! I ain’t insecure of nuttin, C’mon Nick we are in!” Everyone laughed and joined them in on the floor forming a circle.
AJ smiled-“Good! Now lets see Nicky...you go first!”
Nick nodded-“Yessss!” He spun the bottle and landed on...
Chapter 33 by Tati
5 minutes had passed, Lexy tapped her foot and looked at her watch every minute, she went to AJ-“Ok has it been 7 minutes yet? Lisa and Nick have been in there for such a long time!”
AJ laughed as he put his arm around her shoulder-“Don’t worry darlin’ you will get your chance. Here have another shot...you are not drunk enough to play this game!”
Lexy laughed as she looked at him-“Are you tryin to get me drunk? Cuz if you are I will tell your girlfriend when she gets out from making out with my boyfriend!” She laughed hard, she downed a shot. Nick and Lisa walked out of the closet, she walked by Lexy-“Wow...Lex hang on to that one!”
Nick turned red, when he looked at Lexy. Lexy laughed-“Oh it’s soo my turn!” She sat down and waited for every one to sit down, then she spun the bottle it went round...round...round...she smiled as it stopped on Chris. He smiled and stood up, she took his hand and walked into the closet.
Toni was laughing as she waited-“It will definitely be my turn afterwards!”
Nick walked up to AJ-“Wow, was Lexy freaking out much when I was in there, cuz I feel impatient.”
Aj laughed as he looked at the closet-“Nah, she was calm.”
Toni looked at him-“LIAR! She was tooootally freakin out.”
Seven minutes later, they walked out and the game continued. Everyone made out with AJ. Lisa made out with Kevin Z., when it was her turn. Marley made out with AJ her turn and with Chris on his turn, Toni made out with AJ and Albert on his turn, Lexy made out AJ on his turn, Nicole made out with Nick on her turn.
At dawn everyone was still very awake, Lexy turned to Nick and winked. He knew wat she was hinting, so he picked her up and carried her into the bed room locking it. Everyone outside made Ooohh noises then continued dancing, about a few hours later, they walked out of the room. Aj laughed-“It’s about time! We’re hungry! Let’s go eat.”
Lexy smiled and looked at her watch-“Um..IHOP is open! Let’s go!”
Toni looked at them-“Dressed like this? AWESOME!”
They went out and ate, the next day was totally crazy, they were heading out to another city so they all slept the whole way. Kevin and Brian laughed at how quiet the ride was. The tour was coming out perfect, Lexy had a few interviews lined up for her with Jay Leno, and the day of her album release she was gonna be on the View, Today Show, and Early Show. She was excited she performed two songs on each show, and received tons of love from fans. She signed a few autographs it was so much fun. She was loving it!And she needed to enjoy it, cuz as soon as her CD came out she was gonna be experiencing some crazy things in the next month.
Chapter 34 by Tati
Nick went to the Kevin’s room to talk to him. It was really starting to get to him that he couldn’t go out in public with Lexy because they were suppose to keep this whole thing hush hush. Kevin was no help, he just lectured him on how it will help her career and how he is the popular one so it helps theirs too. Nick rolled his eyes and walked out. He was gonna play some video games while he waited for Lexy to get back from the View taping. He wasn’t allowed to go with her because it would look bad, he rolled his eyes again and he thought about Dean shaking his head telling her to go alone.
When she got back to the hotel, she was greeted with tons of love by her kitty, then Nick ran out of the room and tackled her-“OH BABY I MISSED YOU!!”
She laughed as she fell backwards on the floor-“Wow, you sure did. I missed you too hunny.” She gave him a kiss, then wrapped her arms around his neck-“Were you bored?”
He scoffed-“How dare you ask me that? Can’t a guy just miss his girlfriend?”
She raised an eyebrow and stared at him, he laughed-“Ok ok I was totally bored! I have an idea, let’s go shopping for your SNL’s outfit, you can try hott outfits on for me!”
She laughed-“Aww...babe, I told the girls I would go shopping with them for those outfits!”
He sighed-“You always go shopping with them. Go with me for once, let their boyfriends take them. We buy tons of other outfits too! I just want to get out of here!!”
She laughed-“Ok, let me go change.”
He got up and sat on the couch, the cat walked over to him and jumped on his lap and laid belly up. He looked at her-“Are you a cat? Or a dog? Weirdo!”
Lexy walked out-“Don’t call my cat names!”
He laughed-“Hey I paid for her I can call her names!”
They went out and got a few outfits, she was totally excited because we was buyin her anything she wanted, so she didn’t feel bad about her not going with the girls anymore. People stopped him and asked for pictures or autographs then someone stopped her. They were totally excited and almost in tears as they took pictures with her and got her autograph. Lexy was happy, she turned to Nick-“WOW! I am loved!”
Nick laughed-“Yea you are!”
She looked at him-“Wat’s that suppose to mean?”
He immediately turned red and changed the subject, she giggled to herself. They talked about everything, especially how dumb it was not to be able to hold hands or give her a kiss in public so they held it in till they got to the hotel.
Before the concert, Nick took out his little camera and started filming, Lexy kept pushing it away when he would come near her-“GO AWAY!!”
Nick laughed-“C’Mon LEXY! It’s the Nick CAM! You know the people on weird world wanna see you before the show! No make up Lexy!”
Then he took the camera and shot himself, as he spoke with an Australian accent-“Alllright! We are trying to get the wild Pussycat to show us her mean face. Watch as she will strike the camera with her claws!(Lexy looked at him and put her hand up to the camera. Nick moved away) WOAH that was a close one!”
He continued following her around making weird comments until he ran into AJ who was much funner to tease, AJ on the other hand was totally in the camera. They kept doing stupid jokes like the neck crack thing, then they walked out to the parking lot and started doing cartwheels. Kevin walked out and asked Nick to come inside, they were gonna experiment with a bucket of ice, Nick was hesitant but he followed anyways. Lexy just watched the four goofballs stick their heads in the bucket, Lisa laughed too. Marley though, went up and held it for 15 seconds, the guys were very impressed. It seemed that all was going well in their silly little world, that is until a few months from now
Chapter 35 by Tati
*THREE MONTHS LATER*
Lexy was getting her make up done, along with Lisa, Toni and Marley. It was VMA’s Night, and The guys AND Lexy were nominated. She was very excited because she was also performing with Will.i.am. This was gonna be her first big performance on TV with Will.i.am. She decided to go with the guys but of course not be too close with Nick so people wouldn’t get the “wrong idea” as Kevin would put it. She rolled her eyes and scoffed as she mumbled to herself-“Wrong idea, huh I’ll show you wrong idea.”
Marley laughed-“Are you talking to yourself over there?”
Lisa laughed-“MUMBLER!”
The three girls laughed, as Lexy shook her head-“Yea, kinda. I just hate that we are going to another public thing and we can’t show that we are dating. Ya know it sucks. You guys are lucky.”
The girls looked at each other and nodded, they knew she was not happy about all this.
Later on that night, it was the red carpet time, the girls we lookin fab and the guys were looking hot. They walked up to Damien who was ready to interview the guys, but changed his mind when he saw how glamorous Lexy looked-“Wow! You have to give us a twirl here! This is very beautiful ladies and gentlemen. I am joined by the lovely Lexy along with the one and only Backstreet Boys.” They all smiled and waved at the camera. Damien stood next to Lexy-“Wow, you must be excited to be here huh? This is your first year here and you have only been out for a few months. That is a big improvement for anyone, and you passed all those years of waiting to make it big. How are you feeling right now?”
Lexy smiled, she could hardly hear over the screaming fans-“Um...yea I am soo psyched! I always watched the VMA’s wondering what it would be like to be there and look at me now, I am here performing and presenting!”
Nick pushed his way to the Mic.-“AND she is nominated.”
Damien laughed-“Yea, I was just getting to that, you are nominated for wat now?”
She thought-“Um..for best Duet and for breakout artist. I am presenting the Viewers Choice Award. That is exciting!”
Justin had walked in and was stopped by Vanessa, he was talking about Lexy’s sudden success and how it was crap, the guys and Lexy were just a few feet away, they could kinda hear wat he was saying but not to well-“Yea, she had the doors to the entertainment world held open for her. If it weren’t for the guys, she would probably still be back in Florida getting rapped by her stepdad and cutting herself.” The reporters gasped, and it got quiet. Lexy had heard that, her heart dropped to her stomach, she felt like she was going to be sick so she turned to run away as all the people were looking for her.
When she ran, she bumped right into Nick’s chest, she looked up at him and buried her face in his chest. She looked up at him-“How would he know?”
Nick shook his head-“I have no idea, I didn’t tell him baby, I promise.” He then walked over to Justin and shoved him hard. He fell to the floor and everyone gasped-“Don’t you dare start spreading lies. Just because you failed to succeed as a solo artist doesn’t mean you have to bring other people down. Take back that comment!”
Justin laughed as he stood up-“Why should I? It’s true, I have my sources...right Gaby?(He winked at the camera) She listens in on all the dirty details.”
Lexy was shocked, Lisa, Toni and Marley walked up to her-“Lexy what is he talking about.” Lexy looked at them and shook her head-“Don’t worry about it. It’s in the past I’ll tell you later.”
Nick shook his head, then punched Justin in the face, making him bleed-“I swear to you, if you keep this up...you will go down!” With that he turned around and faced the reporters, Kevin was angry at Justin and at the way Nick handled the situation, but he figured that he would have done the same for Kristin. Nick explained to the reporters that Justin had been jealous of Lexy’s sudden success from the beginning, so it was no doubt that he would start lies about her sooner or later. The reporters agreed not to print anythin inappropriate so they dropped the whole thing, he then walked over to Lexy and whispered to her-“You ok?”
She smiled and kissed his cheek-“Yes Thank you.”
The show started, Lexy performed the guys won a few awards, Lexy won for best New Artist, almost cried, then it was her turn to present. She announced the nominees,-“Christina Aguilera...Britney Spears...My Chemical Romance...Green Day...Backstreet Boys....And the winner is...THE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!” She jumped up and down as the guys got up and made their way to the aisle, she was more excited than they were.
They hugged her, then Kevin thanked a few people and asked if the guys had anythin to add, Nick hesitated then walked up to the Mic.-“I want to thank GOD, for letting us get where we are. I also want to thank my brothers, you guys are the so amazing. I also want to thank the FANS! If it weren’t for you we wouldn’t be here! And Lexy I want to thank you...for making me the happiest man alive for the past few months. I love you.” Her eyes widened as he walked up to her and kissed her. Everyone clapped Kevin and Brian looked at each other.
AJ and Howie clapped, when they pulled away Lexy looked into his eyes-“wow. Nick I love you too.” He smiled as he kissed her again, then they walked off stage.
Kevin grabbed Nick’s shoulder-“Way to go Nick.”
Nick looked at him to make sure he was serious and not sarcastic, and saw him smile, so Nick smiled. The after parties were intense people dancing and getting drunk everywhere, Nick and Lexy were so into each other that night. Almost like it was just them two in the world no one else.
A few days later, Lexy had gone out to play tennis with the girls and were headed back to get ready for the sound check, it was getting harder and harder to go out in public without disguise. When she got back to the hotel she walked into the room and saw Nick talking to another girl. He stood up-“Lexy...your back.”
She immediately felt something was just not right-“Yea, wat’s up?”
The other girls stood up and looked Lexy up and down-“Hi, I’m Ana. Nick’s ex-girlfriend.”
Lexy laughed sarcastically, she had turned on her defensive mode-“Ha, well if we are gonna give ourselves titles, then I’m Lexy. Nicks current girlfriend.”
Ana smirked-“Wow...a quick one. Girlfriend huh? Makes things more interesting for you.”
Nick rolled his eyes-“Ana, don’t make things harder than they already are. I will tell her later.”
Ana laughed-“Are you kidding me? No no hunny...I will tell her now.”
Lexy look at Nick and Ana-“Ok...one of you better tell me. Nick what is going on?”
Nick looked at her with sad eyes, as Ana went on-“See...Nick and I dated about 10 months ago. And well when he left me, something happened. I believe that I got pregnant. This is Nick’s baby.” She pointed to a small baby girl in a stroller sleeping.
Lexy looked at Nick-“Is this true? IS she yours?”
Nick looked at her-“I don’t know. I don’t think so. I told Ana that we are going to the doctor to find out NOW!”
He glared at Ana, who smiled at him-“Well let’s go then. Maybe your girlfriend should wait here. Since it’s really our business.”
Lexy looked at Nick with a raised eyebrow, as he shook his head-“No. She is going with us. This is very much her business too.”
They got to the doctors office and did a few test. About an hour later they had the results.
The doctor brought the three of them into his office-“Ok. Mr. Nick Carter you...”
Chapter 36 by Tati
Everyone sat in the conference room of the hotel, waiting impatiently. AJ squirmed in his chair-“Kev, why are we all here? I am so freakin nervous.”
Brian looked at AJ, then at Kevin-“Yea, did he say wat this was about?”
Kevin shook his head-“No, he just said have everyone meet in the conference room, he should be here shortly.”
Nick walked into the room, everyone stood up talking at the same time-“What’s wrong Nick?” “What happened Nick?” “Are you ok Nick?” “Is Lexy ok?”
Nick motioned with his hands for all of them to calm down and sit, as he got ready to talk-“Ok, I’m sorry to keep you guys waiting. There was traffic. Now, do you remember Ana, my exgirlfriend?”
Brian laughed-“Yea, the cute brunette?” Leighanne looked at him and smacked his arm.
Nick smiled weakly-“Yea, well she came to me today claiming that she just had a baby and it was mine.”
Howie’s face got serious-“Well it couldn’t be yours. She was sleeping around with other people, that’s why you dumped her.”
Nick looked at Howie-“That’s wat I said. So we went and got the baby tested to see if it was mine.” Then Lexy walked into the room with the baby in her arms, everyone gasped.
Kevin got up-“Oh Nick.”
Nick put his hand up-“I know, I know. Ana said that she had a new boyfriend who was gonna take her all around the world, and that the baby would just get in the way. So I told her too bad, it’s her child, I’ll give her child support money. But she shook her head and said that if I didn’t take it then she would leave it in the parking lot or at some park alone. So I had to bring it.”
Kevin was enraged-“Nick! This is incredible! IT’S A CHILD! NOT SOME PUPPY OR KITTEN YOU FIND IN THE STREET!!”
Lexy looked at him-“But it’s a baby! We couldn’t just leave it!”
Kevin glared at her, almost as if blaming her-“BUT IT’S A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY!!”
Nick stepped in front of Lexy, glaring back at Kevin totally surprising him calmly-“But it’s MY baby.”
Kristin got frustrated, being the leader’s wife she felt as thought she got that position too-“ENOUGH! Kevin is right it is a big responsibility! But Nick is also right, even more in fact. It is his child therefore he did have a responsibility to take the baby. You of all people should understand Kevin! You were right, it’s not like a puppy or kitten on the side of the road. Unlike them, this child could starve and die. I am very proud of Nick and Lexy for taking in this responsibility. Being the two youngest of the group, they did something very right today. Now Leighanne and I will help take care of the baby during the show, and when you and Lexy are busy right?”
Leighanne nodded with a smile, then Marley stood up-“I will start interviewing people to be the on the road nanny.”
Kristin smiled-“Good Idea Marley! See Kevin, we are all here to help them, we are a family that’s what we do.”
Kevin sighed, he knew his wife was completely right-“I’m sorry guys, I guess I just freaked out.”
Brian stood up-“Um...Ladies can we have a moment to talk just the five of us? Please?” The girls nodded, and walked out the door, Brian waited for the girls to be outside to continue-“OK guys. This is a new situation for us. What we don’t realize is that it is a new task that God has placed for us, to test us and Nick. It tested Nick to see if he would sacrifice his own blood for his career. You passed by the way(He smiled at Nick). Now it also tests us, to see if we will come closer, and help each other out, in which we are doing that. Kev as much as we hate to admit it, our little brother is maturing. Today he made the biggest most mature move in his life, he accepted the responsibility to take in and care for his own child. I am very very proud of you Nick.” He walked over and hugged Nick, then followed AJ, Howie, and Kevin was last when he hugged them they stood there for a minute. Then they heard-“Awww! How touching, a backstreet hug!” The guys turned around as the girls laughed, they finally all loosened up and looked at the baby. Kevin sighed-“So do you have her papers?”
Nick nodded-“Yes, she gave me her birth certificate. There were adoption papers, but two people needed to sign so Lexy signed also. We dropped them off at the post office on the way over. I also made her sign a note saying she was not going to be able to take her back at any time for what ever reason. She is all set, she is mine Kevin.”
AJ smiled and walked over to Lexy-“So does SHE have a name?”
Lexy nodded as she looked down-“Yep, guys say hello to Ms. Emma Carter.” They all walked over to her and started gooin and awing the sleeping baby. Lisa smiled-“Wow Nick, she really looks just like you.”
Nick nodded as he stood next to Lexy looking down at the baby. Kristin laughed-“I believe we have some shopping to do Lexy. We need a crib, a car seat, a new stroller because I can just imagine what piece of crap stroller Ana left you, and bottles, and toys.”
Then Leighanne got excited-“And CLOTHES! Aww little dresses, we have to go now guys. We will be back by sound check. Let’s go girls.” Toni, Lisa, Marley, Leighanne, Kristin, and Lexy walked out of room, leaving the guys laughing and shaking their heads. Howie chuckled-“I told you those girls go shopping for any occasion!”
Chapter 37 by Tati
Lexy had gotten so many things for the new baby. She had bought a gorgeous crib that could be stationary in her bus(Yes, they decided since she was an act now, they would need to get her, her own bus. But Nick rode with her now) They bought TONS of cute dresses and outfits for Baby Emma. Lexy had decided that it was all gonna be Disney theme. The diaper bag had baby Winnie the Pooh and friends. The stroller had Baby Mickey and Minnie. Her quilts had baby princesses, Lexy was very excited. No one would have thought that she would be this attached to the baby, but she felt as though this baby was gonna need a lot of love, and she was more than ready to give it to her. Lexy had given her first bath, and first bottle totally dressed her up making her smell good. When they walked in Nick ran to them, he kissed Lexy, then bent over and picked up Emma who was awake and a very happy baby. He walked over to Brian and they both talked to Emma, Lexy sat down with Lisa-“I am so glad this is a happy baby, and she is not one of those babies that don’t stop crying ”
Lisa laughed-“For Nick’s sake so am I.”
Nick continued playing with the baby, then it started to cry, he quickly looked at Lexy, she laughed and shook her head-“She might need to burp, just hold her up and pat her back.” He nodded and did wat he was told, soon the baby stopped crying.
During the show, Kristin watched the baby, until Lexy was done with her part. The plan seemed to work out well, Leighanne helped out when they had to do an interview and Lexy was gonna be there. This baby really brought everyone together. Lexy was getting to the point where she needed a cap and glasses to go out. She was excited because she was noticed, she really was famous now. When they would arrive at the hotel, people would be there to see her. She didn’t know it was soon gonna be a problem.
A few days later, Marley went to Nick and Lexy’s room-“Hey guys, I found you a nanny. He is perfect ”
Nick stopped and looked at her-“He?”
Marley giggled-“Yea, He is a guy. His name is Sandy, he is completely sensitive and caring. Doesn’t mind going on the road.”
Nick chuckled-“Is he gay? I mean what man would be a nanny?”
Lexy crossed her arms and looked at him-“Why does he have to be gay? Why can’t he just like children?”
Nick stopped laughin-“I dunno, just sounded odd. But ok, let’s meet him. Is he here?”
Marley nodded-“he is downstairs in the lobby do you want me to bring him up?”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, I’ll come with you.”
The two girls went to greet him. Sandy was about Nick’s size, with brown hair, he was really sweet and caring. Lexy smiled as she finished getting to know him-“Wow, you are amazing. You totally have the job!”
He smiled-“Oh wow. Thank you soo much. It is an honor to be working for you and Nick.”
Lexy smiled-“Now, you are gonna have to sign a form saying you can’t go around telling people our private stuff. Since you will be riding in my bus with me and Nick, you be very close to us. Other than that welcome to our very big family, now do you want to meet the little lady?”
He nodded after signing the form, then they walked upstairs. Nick greeted them and talked to Sandy as Lexy went to get Emma. After about an hour or so talking to him, Sandy went to get his clothes to go on the road, Lexy went to a photo shoot with Rolling Stones.
When she got there with Dean, she met Marc the head director of the photoshoot, then went to make up. After make up, she went back to Dean-“Ok, where is wardrobe?”
Dean smiled-“Over there, but first you need to do this shoot on this bed here. I need you to get undressed and lay on the bed, we will fix the covers and pillows to cover your areas, but still be able to see that you are naked.”
Lexy stared at Marc-“What? I’m sorry but I am NOT doing this.”
Marc laughed sarcastically-“Why not? I don’t understand, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera did it.”
She shook her head-“That’s the point! I’m not like them. I don’t want my fans to see me like that! I am not a Slut! My fans will respect me for me, and see me as me! I may have the title as a Pussycat and I can dress like it. But I will never never stoop down and get low enough to be naked in a shoot.”
He crossed his arms-“If you want to make it big, then you HAVE to be in Rolling Stones, and to be here you HAVE to do what we ask of you.”
She smirked-“Fine, guess I won’t make it big.” With that she turned around and locked herself in the dressing room as she started changing back into her clothes.
After a few minutes, Dean knocked on the door-“Lexy? Baby come out, we have a deal for you Marc is sorry he didn’t mean it, they are willing to do anything to get you to do this shoot.”
She hesitated-“Anything?”
Marc spoke-“Yes, darling anything. I am really sorry.”
She walked out-“Fine what is your deal?”
Marc smiled-“Well, you pick what you want to wear, but it has to be hott!”
She smiled-“well, you get to pick how hott, but I have one condition too. I want a picture with my boys and a picture with my girls. Therefore there will be however many pictures you want of me by myself, then one with each of them.”
Marc smiled-“Deal, Dean call them over, we will do Lexy by herself while they head over.”
Lexy smiled as she walked over to wardrobe to get ready. Her pictures alone were hot, she sat motorcycle in sexy poses. The cover was gonna be her against the wall with a sexy outfit on. When the guys got here, she did her picture with them first. She stood in the middle with her arms stretched to her sides, Kevin pulled her right arm, Brian pulled her left arm, as AJ sat on the floor holdin her right leg, and Howie her left leg. Since everyone now knew about her and Nick, he stood behind her with one hand around her waist lookin at the camera with an evil/sexy smirk. She had a smirk on her face too. After that shoot, it was time for her to shoot with her girls. The pictures was hott, Lisa, Toni, and Marley stood on a table posing hot, Lexy was on her knees smirking at the camera. The room they were in was like a class room with scribblings on the chalk board sayin “I will not kiss the boys too much.” All four girls had a piece of chalk in their hands. It was very cute and hot at the same time. Lexy was very proud of the interview and of the photoshoot. The girls and guys were happy they got to participate in it.
The next day, Lexy had picked up a magazine, and couldn’t believe what she saw on the cover of it...hell was gonna be raised.
Chapter 38 by Tati
Kevin was pacing back and forth with magazine in his hand, Nick was holding another one, and Lexy had a third. All three had the same headline-“SECOND BACKSTREET DADDY??” Lexy and Nick sat there with their heads down, like little children being lectured. Kevin went on-“How could you not be careful? We aren’t ready for this to go public!”
Lexy argued back-“Kevy we were careful! We are getting off the bus, it’s not like we thought US Weekly or Enquirer or STAR magazine usually are around!”
Nick nodded-“Yea Kev, we didn’t go out in public with Emma! Lexy’s shoelace got caught in her bus thing, so she asked me to hold Emma. We can lie can’t we?”
Lexy turned to Nick and rolled her eyes-“I dunno about you but I’m not lying to the fans!”
He put his hands up in defense-“Just a question!”
Kevin smirked at the two and sighed-“Who knows Nick. Lexy read me your article.”
Lexy nodded and began-“Did we miss something??? Where did the baby come from? Either they adopted, or Lexy had the baby before her success? Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and recording artist girlfriend Lexy were seen getting off Lexy’s tour bus, smiling at each other. Ready for the strange part? Well Nick seems to be holding a baby! What happened? Did they adopt? Is this baby before Lexy’s success? Oh believe me readers we will keep an eye on them!”
Nick smiled-“We could say it’s Lexy’s! That way I won’t lose the lovely lady fans!”
Lexy turned to him and smacked his arm-“Nick!”
He laughed as he rubbed his arm-“I’m joking! Geesh!”
Kevin shook his head-“Funny Nick! OK, well we will make an appearance on The View, with the baby and explain it all.”
Nick sighed-“Ok, when tomorrow?”
Kevin nodded and picked up the phone to call The View. Lexy clapped-“Yay! I just saw them, now I get to see them again!!”
Nick shoved her and she fell onto the bed laughing-“Shut up! This isn’t good!” He laughed too, then he leaned over and gave her a kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.
Kevin turned around-“OK I’ll leave you two alone.”
Nick continued kissing her and held up a thumbs up to Kevin who laughed as he walked out the door. They continued kissing and more.
Two days later Nick and Lexy were on the View talking to Star and the girls. They explained everything then brought out the baby. Everyone awed as Emma smiled and sat in Lexy’s lap, Star got excited and asked to hold her-“Wow, well thank you so much for picking us to come out and explain your baby situation! Now all we need is a wedding!”
Lexy laughed nervously-“Uh...I dunno about that yet. But thank you for having us on. We love seeing you ladies!”
Nick turned red, he wasn’t sure either. Star laughed-“Aww, look at Nicky! Ladies and gentlemen give it up for Nick Carter, Lexy and new baby EMMA!! Now what is going on for you guys tonight?”
Nick smiled-“Um...we have a charity ball to go to, it’s gonna be tons of fun I can already feel it! And ohh. In two weeks we will have a HUGE Halloween Party! Which you are more than welcome to come to ladies!”
Star clapped-“How fun! We will most definitely be there. Now when you go out to these things like the ball tonight, or your own shows. Who watches the baby?”
Lexy smiled and pointed at Sandy who was in the front row-“OUR LIFE SAVER Sandy. He is our on the road Nanny. We love him, he is like another brother for me, I say another because I have the guys and they are my brothas from another motha!” She giggled at how silly she sounded. They finished up the show and went back to the hotel to get ready for the ball .As usual the girls got ready together, and the guys waited for a long time for them to finish. When they did they headed off to the ball, not before Lexy gave Emma tons of kisses.
The ball was a bore, people stood around spoke to each other, as Marley got thanked along with the guys on their help. Around 12, they decided that enough was enough, they headed back to the hotel. When Lexy walked up to the door, she noticed it was open a little, so she walked in. Things were thrown around, her heart felt like it was gonna pump out of her chest-“Sandy?” She walked over to the living room area and saw Sandy on the floor, she ran to him, he was breathing but he had been beat up badly. Nick had walked in and also stood by Sandy and helped him up as he came around. Lexy ran to the bedroom where Emma was, her heart dropped-“ Oh my God...NIIIICCCKK!!!!!”
Chapter 39 by Tati
Lexy was hysterical, no body could calm her down. All five girls tried calming her in between their own tears. Nick was on the phone with the police, they were on their way. Hotel security was talking to Kevin apologizing for not being able to see the crime when it happened. At first Kev was yelling at them, then he calmed down realizing it wasn’t their fault. Lexy sobbed uncontrollably, the girls had given up trying to make her feel better, they just sat with her and cried. Nick finally got off the phone and walked up to Brian-“What am I gonna do? Brian...my baby is gone!”
He started crying, Brian shook his head and wrapped him in a hug-“I dunno. Nick I’m sorry. But we’ll find her.” Nick looked over at Lexy who was leaning on AJ’s shoulder by now. He walked over to her and sat on her other side, she threw her arms around his neck and they cried together. Lisa cried harder when she saw wat a disaster Nick and Lexy were, AJ walked over and hugged her. The cops arrived and Kevin handled it, they looked at the baby’s room taking pictures and all, then they spoke to Sandy. After hours of talking to the cops, they told them to get some rest, they would be back in the morning. Two days later, Kevin decided they were gonna postpone the tour until the baby was found. They hadn’t heard anything from the kidnappers, and the media didn’t know yet. Lexy decided she wanted the public to know. She felt they might be able to help look for her, or even praying would help. So they decided to schedule an appearance on TRL. She hadn’t been eating well, and wouldn’t talk much to anybody. She spent most of the time in the babies part of the bus, crying. She got ready for TRL, and headed over there with Nick.
Carson was concerned, they hadn’t told him what was wrong-“Now guys, you haven’t made an emergency appearance since AJ went to Rehab. What’s going on, is he ok?”
Lexy sighed as she looked up for the first time-“Thank you for having us Carson. Um...yea AJ is fine. We wanted to let everyone know why we had postponed the tour(she took a deep breath) Three days ago, our baby was kidnaped from our hotel room.(Everyone gasped) They broke in, and beat our nanny up and for some strange reason they took our baby. We have not heard anything from the kidnappers. We really want our baby back. If you are watching, we will give you anything, just give me my baby!” She began to cry into her hands.
The fans in the studio and Carson were shocked. Carson finally spoke-“If any of you see a man, with this baby call the police. It is VERY important that you take a good look at this picture of Emma. Nick and Lexy want their baby back. We want them to have their baby back. So please if you see anything suspicious report it. Now Nick you have been silent this whole time. How are you feeling right now?”
Nick had been messing with his hands, he looked up-“I...I just want to catch that son of a Bitch and ring his neck. I can’t...(he started getting choked up and he stopped as his voice cracked)I’m sorry, I just...it’s really hard right now. I’m sorry.” He let the tears roll down, as he wrapped his arm around Lexy’s shoulder letting her cry into his chest. When they got back to the hotel, there were news reporters everywhere. Lexy didn’t avoid them, she figured the more coverage she got, the more intimidated the kidnapper felt. They did a few interviews, and showed them pictures of Emma. Nick’s phone rang-“Hello?”
A man’s voice answered-“Hello Nick. I see you have involved the media in this. Good, I guess this brings more publicity huh?”
Nick walked away from the cameras-“Who is this?”
The man was silent-“She’s very beautiful, with her little blond curls and those blue eyes. She looks just like her daddy.”
The man stopped talking, Nick listened as he heard a baby cry-“WHO THE FUCK IS THIS? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABY!!??” Lexy turned around and excused herself from the press. She put a hand on his shoulder, he turned to look at her, tears filled her eyes. The man laughed-“Calm down Backstreet Boy! I see your beautiful girlfriend is there with you now. Let me talk to her now.”
Nick hesitated, he covered the Mic.-“Baby, he wants to talk to you. He can see us through the cameras.”
Lexy took the phone-“Hello?”
He sighed-“Hello Alexia!”
She felt anger-“Where is she? Listen you sick Fuck if you hurt her I will-”
He laughed-“Your lucky I’m not those types of psycho’s who rape babies just to hear their little bones crack as I go in.” He laughed.
Her knees went weak as she heard the baby cry in the background. She fell to the floor-“NO MY BABY!!”
Nick turned around and ran to her kneeling on the floor holding her. Marley made the media go away, then helped Lexy up taking her to their hotel room. No one knew where this baby was, or what was going to happen.
Chapter 40 by Tati
After calming down and showering, Lexy wakled out and sat on the couch, it was late but she refused to go to bed incase he called again. Eveyone including a few cops were staying in Lexy and Nick’s suite. Nick went over to the couch-“Baby, go to sleep, at least for a little while. I will let you wake you up if he calls. I promise.” She drowsily shook her head. Lisa stood up and motioned for Marley and Toni to help her get Lexy up. She didn’t fight it anymore, the four girls went to sleep in Nick and Lexy’s bed. 48 hours later, there was another call, telling Nick that he wanted 2.5 million dollars in another 48 hours. Nick agreed, he wanted his baby girl back and was willing to do anything for her. Lexy looked at Nick, everyone looked worn out, they all had huge bags under their eyes.Lexy had eaten very little in the past 4 days. She sat near the phone most of the time, the man called again telling Nick where to go with out cops. The day had finally come, Nick and Lexy stood near a bridge alone, with the money. Thirty minutes later, a car pulled up 30 feet away. A man got out looking around then reached into the car and pulled out a blanket wrapped around something. Lexy’s heart skipped a beat, she had to contain herself from running over and grabbing the baby. She clenched Nick’s arm and could feel his arm get tighter too. His face was covered as he walked up to put the baby on the floor next to the suit case they had left on the bridge. He did not take his eyes off of Nick and Lexy, they just glared. He walked away, after he was far away from the baby, Lexy ran to Emma to make sure she was ok. She started crying as she saw the baby, was awake and fine. Nick wrapped his arms around Lexy who was rocking back and forth with the baby in her arms. Suddenly four men walked up to the man, and threw him against the car. They were cops undercover as normal people, they had arrested the man. Lexy held Emma as Nick walked over to shake the cops hands for all their help. When they got back to the hotel, Lisa, Marley, and Toni hugged Lexy and the baby. Nick smiled as he was hugged by Brian and AJ.
The Next day, they received an invitation to be on Oprah to explain their experience. Marley talked to Nick about it, and they agreed to appear on the show. Oprah was doing the show on Kidnaping for ransom. She was very moved with the way the kidnappers worked to get their money. She brought out Alexia and Nick, to speak about their feelings and fears they felt through out the whole week. Lexy even teared up when she began talking about her fear of not finding her baby alive. Nick spoke about how the fans were very supportive and understanding. He also thanked the media on how great and helpful they were. Oprah also had tears when Marley brought out Emma. Lexy held the baby as Nick smiled at her making adorable faces at her. Oprah held the baby as they continued talking about how lucky they were that the man did bring her back alive. They also talked about how the tour was going to start, Then all five guys sang a song dedicated to Emma, and all the children that have been kidnaped.
Darkness falls
I thought I heard you call
Or was it just a dream?
I’m a little scared knowing you're out there
So far away from me

Its been so long
Since you’ve been gone
Every day I miss you more
Now I wanna know
Why did you have to go?
What were you looking for?

And I hope you find your way,
But I can’t wait to say

You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid
So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart

So you lost your way but that’s yesterday
And I don’t care where you’ve been
Cause every step you've taking since you left
Has brought you back again
And I hope you see it clear
My love has always been right here

You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart

I’m glad you found your way
And I hope you are here to stay
oooooooh
(Near the end of the song, Lexy brought Emma on stage to Nick. The guys let him sing the last chorus alone. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked down at the smiling baby. When he finished the chorus, he hugged her.)
You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid
So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
There was not a dry eye in the audience. The show ended with the guys inviting Oprah to their Halloween Party.
Chapter 41 by Tati
Lexy was getting ready for their big Halloween party. She and the girls had decited that since they dressed up as Sexy Playboy Bunnies for the other Halloween parties for the boys, the boys were gonna have to be their Princes. Each girl picked a Princess or Disney character and thier boy was their prince. Lexy was Sleeping Beauty in the pink dress, Lisa was Cinderella, Toni was Belle, and Marley was Snow White. The girls were excited, Lexy laughed as she finished her curls-“Nick is gonna look totally cute as Phillip, good thing we decided Chris was gonna be human beast huh Toni?”
Toni laugehd-“Yea, he would have gotten hot in that beast costume.”
Lisa giggled as she put her gloves on-“Well I am lucky I get the Disney castle.”
Marley turned around-“No, I am the lucky one, out of all of us I have Prince charming!”
Lexy shook her head laughing as she walked into the babies room, to say goodnight to Emma. Jeremy(Nick’s Bodygaurd) was gonna stay with Sandy and Emma, they felt much safer now.
The girls walked down to meet their princes and were totally blown away by the boys, they had really gone all the way with the costumes. Nick smiled-“Ok baby, I have a suprise for you. Well we all have surprises for you all.” They walked out hand in hand and saw carriages with white horses sitting infront of the hotel. Lexy let out a squeak as she jumped onto Nick’s arms. The girls looked at them and also hugged their guys. They were excited, the ride to the party was amazing, the breeze was awesome and the views of the mountains were great. They finally made it to the party and greeted their guest. Everyone was there, live performances went on by different people. Black Eyed Peas performed My Humps, Lisa, Lexy, Marley and Toni were on stage shaking their butts with Fergie. The guys performed a few songs, as did Alicia Keys, Coldplay, and Lifehouse. That was Lexy’s favorite performance, Nick practacly sang the song to Lexy in her ears, she alsmost melted in his arms. After the song, AJ ran out to the mic-“OK, we have a few games we should ALL play!! LIMBO!!!” Lisa laughed as he and Howie brought out a huge limbo bar, and everyone got in line. They had a blast, the party went on till about 4 in the morning. They got back to the hotel, and totally crashed.
The next day Lexy went to meet up with Dean, he told her that she was gonna be gone for five days in the bahamas doing a photoshoot and a charity concert. She hestitated for a while, then aggreed. She went back and told Nick, he was bummed but happy that she was gonna be moving ahead. She was scheduled to leave in two days, so she spent it with Nick and her gurls.
Those five days were kinda hellish for Lexy, she did three photo shoots, one on the beach and one on a boat. Then he charity event, she also did an appearance for TRL and their spring break over there. But most of all she missed Nick, she talked to him the first two days, then he started to sound distant and didn’t call her till late the other days. She was starting to get worried, but talked to Lisa and she calmed her down. The day she got back, she walked into the hotel with Marcus and her heart sank. Nick was sitting at a table talking to a young woman laughing, she flipped her hair and smiled at him. Marcus looked at her-“Woah, who is she?”
Lexy sighed-“Good Question.” She walked up and Nick saw her.
He smiled and got up along with the woman, he placed his hand on her back as he lead her to Lexy-“Hey Lexy!” Lexy smiled, she expected a kiss or a hug but he didn’t, he just kept talking-“Lex, this is Ivy she is a reporter for Star Magazine that is gonna be touring with us, writing every other week on Life with the Backstreet Boys. OH I’ll be right back!” Nick took off to talk to AJ who had walked out of the elevator.
Lexy smiled-“Ivy was it? Hi I’m Lexy.”
Ivy smiled-“Hi, you are their opening act right?”
Lexy scoffed-“Uh, yea.”
Ivy watched Nick-“Wow, it must be crazy on the road with them huh?”
Lexy laughed-“Yea, it’s not easy being Nick’s girlfriend when he is the cutest one on the group!”
Ivy looked at Lexy-“His girlfriend? OH...he didn’t mention that.”
Lexy’s heart skipped a bead-“He didn’t?”
Just then Nick walked up behind them and put and arm on both their shoulders-“So, are we getting along well? You better cuz we are all gonna be on this tour for a while!”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, hey Nick I’m gonna go upstairs to see Emma. I’ll see ya in a bit.”
He nodded and smiled-“mmk. See ya in a bit.”He started to turn away, but Lexy turned his face towards hers and kissed him, when she pulled away, his attention was back on her-“I missed you.”
She smiled-“I missed ya too.”
She started walking up to the elevator and ran into Marley, who hugged her-“LEXY I MISSED YOU!!”
Lexy laughed-“haha I missed ya too. Walk with me, what is up with Ivy? Why is she coming along?”
Marley rolled her eyes-“Oh Lordy, Johnny signed her because they were gonna pay us to let her come along, writing gossip and stuff.”
Lexy sighed-“I don’t know why I just get this really bad feeling with her.”
Chapter 42 by Tati
Lexy had become a little more busy and didn’t get to see Nick as much, but they tried to make time for each other...well Lexy tried to make time for each other.
Nick walked into the hotel room and went to the room-“Hey Lex!”
She laughed-“Hey babe, what are you doing? Why in such a hurry?”
Nick responded as he changed-“Well, I’m gonna play basketball with Ivy, you know she plays?? She said she was the best one on her college team. So I’m gonna play her!”
Lexy crossed her arms-“Nick I wanna play.”
He laughed-“C’mon Lexy, you don’t play ”
She scoffed-“NICK! I love basketball I used to play all the time I just never told you.”
He put a hand on her shoulder-“Ok, you can play. But don’t come back crying to me when Ivy and Brian humiliate you.”
She went to the room to change, then they headed back downstairs to a small park. It was Nick and Lexy vs. Brian and Ivy. Lisa, AJ, Marley, Albert, Toni, Chris, and Leighanne were all watching in the stands. The game started well, Nick and Brian would pass to the girls and they would score. All of a sudden Lexy had the ball and scored infront of Ivy, knocking her down. Then Ivy got up and took the ball, the game had become just Ivy and Lexy, Nick and Brian looked at each other as they stepped off the court. Lexy kept scoring on Ivy, and Ivy kept getting frustrated, at the end of the game the score was 10-2 Lexy. She walked up to Ivy and handed her the ball-“If you were the best on the team, I hate to see what the rest of the team was like. Good game tho.”
She high five, the girls and AJ as she headed back inside. Ivy looked at Nick-“I guess I just hadn’t played in a while. I’m a little rusty.”
He watched Lexy and nodded at Ivy, then ran up to Lexy-“Hey LEXY! Wait up. You look all hot an sweaty...I’m a little turned on. Let’s go!” He grabbed her hand and ran to the hotel, she laughed.
Lisa walked past Ivy-“Looks like the old Nick is back!”
AJ laughed-“Damn, I can’t believe he just straight out said he was turned on.”
Lisa smiled-“Maybe we should take Nick and Lexy as an example!”
Aj smiled as he too grabbed Lisa’s hand and ran off. Chris and Toni were gonna go shopping then head back to the hotel. Marley and Albert were gonna follow Nick and Lexy’s example later in their hot tub, first he was gonna take her to the movies.
Few nights later, Lexy was at a club with Nick. Nick was drunk, and Lexy was a just a little tipsy. He sat in the VIP room while she went to get more drinks. At the bar, a guy approached her-“Your Lexy aren’t you?”
She smiled shyly-“Yea, hi.”
He smiled widely and extended his hand out to shake it-“I’m Derek. I am a huge fan of yours. I go to the Backstreet Boys concert just to see you! I am actually going to one tomorrow night.”
She smiled-“Aww...thanks!! It’s nice to meet you Derek. So do you live around here.”
She talked to him for a little while, she figured Nick was too drunk to even notice. Derek was very nice, not obsessive. Just then Nick walked up and grabbed Lexy by the wrist turning her around-“Wat are you doing? Who is this?”
She was shocked by the way he was acting-“Nick, your hurting me.”
He rolled his eyes and slurred angrily-“I don’t care! Are you flirting with him?”
Derek watched-“Hey man, chill out. I was just saying hi!”
Nick glared at him, then turned to Lexy pulling her wrist tighter. She squirmed to get free-“Nick it hurts please stop. I was just saying Hi to a fan. Nick please! The media...your hurting me. Let’s go back to the hotel.”
He shook his head-“No. I’m staying here. You are too.”
She shook her head pulling her hand away-“No I am not. I am going back. Let go now!”
He looked at her and let go of her wrist, she rubbed it as she walked out and called a taxi. She could tell her wrist was swelling already, she cried on the way to the hotel-“I’ve never seen him like this.” When she got back, she let Sandy go to his room, check on Emma, washed her face and laid down. She looked at her wrist it was purple and swollen, she pulled out a first aid kit they had in the drawer and wrapped her wrist. She laid in bed and cried herself to sleep, she was afraid of her boyfriend.
Nick got home about two hours after Lexy did. He sighed as he went into the bathroom and washed up, then looked at Lexy. He could tell she had been crying, he was ashamed of what he had done. He sat in the bed with her, she sighed peacefully, then he touched her-“Lexy...Baby.”
She moaned then turned around, she looked at him and tears filled her eyes again, she sat up looking at him. He looked down and glanced at her wrist, it was wrapped, he felt horrible-“Baby I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just drunk, and I thought he was hitting on you.”
She stopped him-“Nick, do you trust me?”
He nodded-“Yes baby but-”
She stopped him again-“Then you don’t need to think anything other than, my girlfriend loves me and me only. She would never flirt with another guy. That’s it, end of story.”
He sighed-“I know baby. I am really really sorry. Please believe me and forgive me.”
She sighed, as she looked down at her arm, he pulled her face up and kissed it. She hesitated a little bit, but he made it more passionate.
The next morning, Kevin banged on their door-“Nick!!”
Lexy opened the door, followed by Nick-“Hey Kev. What’s up?”
Kevin walked in and showed them the daily newspaper, headline read-“Backstreet Boy abusive?” It had a picture of Nick holding Lexy’s wrist with an angry look on his face. Nick looked at Lexy, she looked down at her wrist then put it behind her back. Kevin had already seen it, he pulled her arm-“So it did happen? Were you drunk Nick? How could you treat her like this??”
Nick turned red, Lexy sighed-“Don’t yell at him Kev, it was my fault. I was the drunk one, I wanted to continue partying at another club, Nick wanted to stay there, it was safer. I was out of control and he held my wrist. Silly me kept squirming and trying to get loose and I hurt my own wrist. Nick was just trying to take care of me, not his fault, I will call the press and have it cleared up today.”
Kevin looked at Nick-“Is this true?”
Nick was amazed at Lexy, he nodded. Kevin nodded too and walked out of the room. Lexy turned away and walked into the room. Nick followed her-“baby, thank you.”
She faced him-“I didn’t want you to get in trouble with Kevin too.” She walked into the bathroom and closed the door.
Nick felt that she was still upset with him, so he knew that he was still in trouble with her. He had to make it up to her, he felt horrible.
That night, after the concert, Nick planned a surprise for Lexy, to make up for the night before. He had her eyes blind folded the whole drive over, she was nervous. When they arrived, he carried her and made her cover her ears too. He walked for a bit, then placed her on the floor then whispered in her ear softly-“keep your eyes closed.”
She shivered as his warm breath touched her ears, he then walked up infront of her and kissed her taking her by surprise. When he finished she opened her eyes and saw a picnic under the stars on the beach. She was shocked, there was a quilt on the floor with candles and a small basket, and a bouquet of pink roses. She kissed Nick-“All this for me? Thank you.”
He smiled sheepishly-“OH, I figured I owed it to ya, I’ve been an ass lately.”
They ate, and talked. After a while, Nick went over to the car and brought out his guitar-“I have one more surprise for you” He began playing and acoustic version of Safest Place to Hide for her. She smiled and let tears fall out of her eyes, when he finished she kissed him, then she laid in his arms, looking up at the stars they fell asleep together.
Chapter 44 by Tati
Author's Notes:
HAHAHA i have no clue what happened to 43 but it didn't delete a chapter, this is really chapter 43! lol
Lexy hardly saw Nick, she walked into the room and he was getting ready-“Hey you, where are you going?”
Distracted by his tie, Nick replied-“Charity thing.”
She turned him so she could fix his tie-“Oh? How come you didn’t tell me about it?”
Nick shook his head-“Cuz no girls allowed according to Marley.”
Lexy laughed-“Oh, ok. As long as no girls go, it’s ok.”
Nick turned back to the mirror-“Ivy’s going.”
Lexy looked at him-“What? How come she gets to go?”
Nick rolled his eyes-“What is it with you and her? Are you jealous of her or something?”
Lexy looked at him-“I just don’t like her Nick. She gives off this bad feeling. You wouldn’t know, you must get a wonderful feeling from her, since you are always with her.”
Nick grabbed his coat-“You women and your feelings. I’m gonna go, I don’t wanna talk about this right now. Don’t wait up, we will be there for a while.”
He walked out, and Lexy sighed she called the girls up, she figured the guys were gonna be out so they should have a girls night out at the clubs. She needed a night of fun, it had been almost two weeks since she had a good time, and that was the night Nick took her to the beach. So they headed up to the clubs after getting ready. Around midnight, the girls had been to 3 clubs and were not tired at all. Lexy went to get drinks, Lisa, Marley and Toni stood around each other whispering. Lexy walked up and they stopped-“OK, what’s up? You guys stopped talking when I showed up.”
Marley looked at Toni, who was looking at Lisa, who smiled at Lexy-“Nothing hun...just talking.” Lexy laughed, Lisa shook her head to the other two without her noticing. Just then some one yelled-“WOOO! BODY SHOTS!”
Lexy laughed and turned around, she stopped laughing when she saw who had yelled that. Nick was standing with Ivy at the bar, he was extremely drunk. Lexy’s heart started pounding hard, she looked at the girls and they all made sorry looks. Lexy walked over to him and tapped his shoulder, he was soo drunk that he didn’t even get surprised to see her-“Hiya Lexy! We are about to do BODY SHOTS. You wanna join?”
Lexy shook her head-“No, we are heading back to the hotel now.” She glared at Ivy, who had her arms crossed watching with a grin.
Nick shook his head-“No...I wanna stay here. Please?”
He stumbled a little bit and he laughed. Lexy took his arm-“C’mon Nick. Let’s get you out of here before somebody sees you.”
He nodded and walked with her. Marley walked up to Ivy-“I think it’s time for you to leave the tour. I will have a word with Johnny about all this in the morning.”
Lisa walked up and spilt her drink on her making it look like it was an accident-“Oops, I hope I didn’t ruin your pleather!”
They all walked off, leaving her angry and wet. Lexy sat in the limo, with her hand on her hands. She felt the tears coming, Nick was laying on the seat starring up and the ceiling, his buzz was wearing off-“Lexy, are you mad at me?”
Lexy mumbled-“We’ll talk in the morning.”
They sat quietly the whole night, the next morning Nick woke up alone on the bed. He sighed, he knew he had, once again, messed up. He got up and looked around for Lexy, she wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Then he walked out on the balcony, she was sitting there looking out. He sat down-“Lexy I...I’m sorry. We finished up early, and I had a few drinks already. Ivy wanted to go out with everyone, but I was the only one who pulled for it. So it was just innocent fun.”
She sat in silence for a bit, but to Nick it felt like an eternity. She finally spoke-“Nick, what happened to us? We’ve drifted so far away, that I just don’t see how this is gonna work.”
Nick looked at her-“Lexy.”
She shook her head, then looked at him, she had apparently been thinking about this for a while-“No Nick, seriously. I haven’t seen in you such a long time. The only alone time I have with you is at night at the hotel or at the bus. Even then we are too tired to really do anything. You haven’t spent anytime with Emma. I miss you Nick. And I hate the feeling I get when I haven’t seen you in a while, but you did see Ivy. You always see Ivy, I trust you Nick. But I don’t trust her. I can’t be with you anymore. You aren’t the Nick I fell in love with, I’m sorry.”
He was shocked, he stared at her for a while-“Lexy, please don’t do this.”
She looked down, letting a tear drop fall on her leg-“I’m sorry Nick. But we have to do this. There is no point. There is no relationship there for us to fix. We are just roommates to each other.”
Nick looked down too, then he got up and walked out of the room.
Lexy put her face in her hands and cried, then Lisa walked in to the room and ran to Lexy-“Lexy? Nick just told me what happened are you ok? Are you sure you want that?”
Lexy nodded her head, in between tears-“Yes, it’s for the best. We aren’t seeing each other that much anymore and we don’t ever have any alone time. He is always with HER!”
Lisa hugged her-“Oh hun, but Marley took care of her this morning. She fired her, it could work out now.”
Lexy shook her head-“No, it can’t because we have drifted so far apart that it doesn’t even seem like he loves me anymore. Or that I love him.”
Lisa sighed-“Oh Lexy, you know you two love each other. But if this is what you want, then we are behind you a 100%.” Lexy hugged Lisa, then called the other girls, they quickly ran in there.
Nick paced back and forth letting the tears roll out-“AJ, what happened? Did I just lose her?”
AJ sat on the bed-“Man, I don’t know. What did you do? Nick, you have been spending too much time with Ivy.”
Nick looked at AJ-“NO! I won’t believe that! I can’t, AJ I love Lexy...don’t I?” Nick didn’t even know anymore. Maybe Lexy was right, they had drifted apart.
Chapter 45 by Tati
Lexy walked out of her room, two days ago she had ended the greatest thing that had happened to her. For some strange reason, she felt like it was a mistake, she should still be with him. She had avoided him a lot, so she wouldn’t feel more pain. She sighed, then walked down to the lobby, they were getting ready to head off to another city, she walked past the lobby, and glanced over. Nick was there with AJ, he looked up and saw her, their eyes met, then she turned her head. He watched her walk away then put his head down. Aj put a hand on his back-“C’mon man, she’s just a girl. You have had relationships all the time, they end and you move on.”
Nick looked at him-“Yea, but I haven’t had to travel with my ex-girlfriend afterwards. It only makes it harder ”
Aj shook his head-“I know bro, Kevin was right when he warned you about this.”
Nick looked away-“Not wat I wanna hear rite now AJ.”
Aj shrugged-“Sorry, did you take all your stuff out of her bus?”
Nick nodded-“Yea, except Emma’s stuff, she told Sandy to tell me that she wanted the baby to stay with her, since she would have more room and more time than for her.”
Lexy set her stuff down inside her bus, she looked around...Nick’s stuff was gone. His play station, his blankets, his pillows, him...all gone. Lexy closed her eyes, she could still feel his arms around her. The night Maggie died, she felt so safe in his arms. Lexy looked up-“Oh Maggie What have I done? Why did you leave me? I need your advice, and friendship right about now.”
Just then a man’s voice interrupted her-“Who you talking to?”
She looked over at him, startled-“Oh, Brian. You scared me. I was just thinking out loud.”
He walked over to her and hugged her-“Break ups are tough Lexy, but you and Nick can get beyond this. I promise you will be ok soon. Just let time pass, since you are on different busses, then you will have more time to cool down.” Lexy smiled and nodded, she headed back inside to get Emma. When she was came down, she was carrying Emma to the bus, she dropped the diaper bag, spilling two bottles, and some rattle toys. She looked down-“Crap ” She was about to try to pick them up, when someone reached out before her. She started getting up not noticing who she was thanking-“Uh, Thank you so much. I thought I was gonna have to come-” She stopped when she looked up and was staring right into those baby blues that she made her tingle. He grabbed the diaper bag, she tried to get it back-“Just put it in, there I will take it.”
Nick shook his head, and put the bag over his shoulder-“No, I can help.”
She looked at him, and softly said-“Thank you.”
They walked onto her bus, she set the baby down in her crib, and sighed-“Oh Emmy, why does it have to be like this.” She walked to the kitchen of the bus and was startled to see that Nick was still there. She turned away-“Why are you still here?”
He played with his fingers-“I just wanted to see how you were doing.”
She looked at him-“I’m ok.”
He grabbed her hand-“Lexy can we please talk?”
The touch of his warm hand made her whole body shiver, she pulled it away-“Not now Nick, please.” She walked away from him, to find Sandy and Marcus so they could watch Emma.
Nick sighed, then walked out to get his own stuff ready to go.
Two days had passed since Lexy had spoken to Nick, and yet she still felt completely miserable she missed him, she needed him. One night after the show, Lexy went to Lisa and AJ for help.
Lisa put an arm around Lexy’s shoulder-“He misses you hun.”

AJ laughed-“Boy does he miss you! He talks about how things would be different if you gave him another chance. Come on Lexy, you both love each other.”
Lisa smiled-“And frankly, AJ and I miss our alone time. He just won’t let us have any, if he’s miserable.”
Lexy laughed-“You know, you are right. Do you know where I can find him?”
AJ clapped-“GOOD! Um, I think I heard him say he was gonna be on his bus, writing music. You can surprise him there.”
She smiled as she hugged them both thanking them for their help. She went to her hotel room to make sure her make up was ok., then headed across the street to his bus. The light was on, so she knew he was there. Lexy took a deep breath before opening the door-“Nick, I think we should give it another tr-” She stopped when she had completely opened the door revealing Nick on the couch with Ivy onto of him. Lexy could feel her heart break in two, she turned around and ran out the bus.
Nick threw Ivy off-“Lexy! NO WAIT STOP!! Lexy Please!”
Lexy ran onto the street, then stopped to turn to Nick-“Why Nick? So you can prove how much of an idiot I am for even thinking that you would still be single? I sat there in my room missing you, while you were with...with... HER!” Nick looked at her, and saw the bus coming full speed, he ran at her. She covered her face, knowing it was too late to run.
Chapter 45 by Tati
Lexy fell back and hit her head on the floor, Nick landed on top of her. They sat there for a bit, he looked at her-“You ok?”
She shook her head-“I can’t breathe.”
Nick looked scared-“Why? What’s wrong?”
She smirked-“You are kinda squishing me.”
He laughed as he jumped off of her-“Oh sorry. Other than that are you ok?” He held his hand out so she could get up.
She looked at him, he had just risked his own life, to save hers. She grabbed his hand and got up-“Yea I’m ok.”
Toni and Marley ran out of the hotel-“OH Lexy! We saw the bus, we thought you were gonna get smushed!”
Lexy smiled at them as she rubbed the back of her head-“Yea, I know. I panicked, but Nick saved me.”
Marley winked at Toni-“Aww, your hero.”
Lexy smiled-“Yea I know.”
Just then Ivy ran out of the bus-“NICK! OH BABY I thought you were gonna be road kill! I’m so glad your safe ” She hugged his arm, he pulled it away looking at Lexy.
Lexy looked at them-“Well, I’m going upstairs. Thank you.” She looked at him, then looked down as she walked away. Nick stood there with Ivy on his arm, watching Lexy walk away. He felt like crap, he didn’t know how to tell her that he had hooked up with Ivy.
The next day, Lexy was downstairs eating breakfast with Sandy and Emma. Nick walked up to the table-“Hey Lexy, how’s your head?”
She looked up at him-“It’s better, thank you.”
He pulled a chair-“Mind if I join you?”
She was about to say no, when Ivy walked out of the elevator. Then Lexy pointed to Ivy with her eyes, Nick turned around and rolled his eyes as he walked to her. Lexy shook her head and laughed, as she watched Nick tell Ivy to leave. She got up and walked over to the elevator, Nick caught up with her-“Hey Lex. Can we talk?”
Lexy looked at him-“Um, yea but you are gonna have to follow me cuz Emma needs a diaper change.”
He smiled and got in the elevator-“Um, last night when you came into my bus. Did you really wanna try it again?”
She avoided looking at him, she sighed-“Yea Nick, but then I realized that it’s a mistake. We are moving to fast in our careers. We don’t have time for each other, you never head time for Emma. It’s just better if we go our separate ways.” They reached her floor, and she got off the elevator, he didn’t he just stood there speechless, watching her go to the room. She didn’t even look back.
The next day, Dean came up to Lexy with a smile-“Hey suga! How are ya?”
She smiled weakly-“I’ve been better.”
He wrapped his arm around her shoulder-“Aww sweetie, it will all be ok. But I do have some good news for you! You are going to film the video to your second single tomorrow. Just let me know what song you want and how you want it.”
She smiled-“Um...I want Stick wit u. And I want Marley, Toni, Lisa and their boys in my video. OK?”
Dean smiled-“You want them all? Any one else?”
She looked down and shook her head. Then went over to tell the girls.
The next day was great, they were up and ready to choose their outfits, it was gonna be three for each girl. One for a club, one for dancing with her onstage, and one for them with their guys and Lexy walking in the street.

I don't want to go another day (Lexy walks over to the middle of the street, with people walking really fast by her, as she walks slow)
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind
Seems like everybody is breaking up (She watches a dark haired girl fight with a blonde guy)
Throwing their love away
I know I got a good thing right here
That's why I say (Hey)

Nobody's going to love me better (She goes to a curb and sits down, watching her friends walk by with their guys.)
I must stick with you
Forever
Nobody's going to take me higher (Lisa walks with AJ as they share an ice cream together holding each other.)
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me (Toni stands against the wall while Chris caressed her face)
I must stick with you
My baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way (Marley walks down the street holding Albert’s hand smiling at each other)
I must stick with you

I don't want to go another day (Lexy is onstage performing for hired fans, with the girls as her back ground dancers)
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind
See the way we ride
In our private lives (The girls walk over to the bus, Lexy turns and sees a blonde guy standing in the back)
Ain't nobody getting in between
I want you to know that you're the only one for me
And I say

Nobody's going to love me better
I must stick with you
Forever
Nobody's going to take me higher
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you
My baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way I must stick with you

And now (Lexy stands infront of a pink background with a guy hugging her as she sings)
Ain't nothing else I can need
And now
I'm singing 'cause you're so, so into me
I got you
We'll be making love endlessly
I'm with you
Baby, you're with me

So don't you worry about (Lexy and the girls are at the club)
People hanging around
They ain't bringing us down
I know you and you know me
And that's all that counts (The three girls are with their guys dancing slowly as Lexy sings onstage looking around)
So don't you worry about
People hanging around
They ain't bringing us down
I know you and you know me
And that's why I say
(She continues singing at the club as everyone slow dances in couples. Again here is a blonde guy in the back ground watching her.)
Nobody's going to love me better
I must stick with you
Forever
Nobody's going to take me higher
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you
My baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you
(She starts walking back to the hotel room with her hands in her pockets)
Nobody's going to love me better
I must stick with you
Forever
Nobody's going to take me higher
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you
My baby
(She lays on her bed with a pic of her guy and tears start rolling out of her eyes.)
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you
After they finished shooting, Marley walked up to her-“Hey Lexy, I know those were real tears. You ok hun.”
Lexy smiled-“Yea, I’m gonna be ok. The song just really got to me ya know? But it’s ok. We are going to Vegas Next week!”
Marley laughed as Toni and Lisa walked up from behind both sayin-“OH YEA! WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS!!” And boy were they right, wat was gonna happen, would HAVE to stay there.
Chapter 46 by Tati
Lexy packed her bags, she was nervous and excited. The boys were gonna go to Europe for a week for the EMA’s and some other promo stuff, while the girls were gonna take a trip to Vegas. Just the girls, and it was gonna be a load of fun
The flight was fun, they were totally wired and excited to go out that night. Lexy was just excited to get a week away from Nick. She was starting to feel depressed all the time. Lisa, Toni, and Marley had made up their mind to make sure Lexy had a good trip. The first night was fun, they went out to eat to a nice restaurant, then went to a few casinos. The second night was when things got a interesting. The girls were walking down the street looking for a good casino, just then guy walks up and smiles at them. He shakes hands with Marley, then the other girls. He introduces himself as Criss Angel. He has cameras around him, filming everything. He takes Marley’s hand-“Ladies, can I demonstrate something with you all?”
They looked at each other and giggled, he was cute. He winked at Lexy, making her blush. He walked over to the middle of a group of people. Then took Marley and made her stand up, soon he had her laying horizontally with Lexy, Lisa, and Toni holding her up. Then he made each one of them slowly walk away, leaving her alone floating in the air. Everyone awed and gasped, Lexy just stared in amazement. She was freaked out, that was impossible Then he brought the girls back and brought Marley to her feet. Everyone clapped except for Lexy, she still stared in amazement/Freaking out. He looked at her, then walked over to her-“Hey, are you ok?”
Lexy stepped back-“Um, I’m a little weirded out right now. That was impossible, there is not way you could have done that.”
He smiled at her-“But I did, and you saw it. Didn’t you?”
She nodded then looked at Marley, who was laughing about how strange it felt. She looked at him-“You must be like the devil or something!”
He smiled and took her hand-“I get told that a lot. Hmm maybe I can show you something a little less freaky.” With that he pulled 2 white roses from behind his back, everyone clapped again. She smiled and took them loosening up a little bit. He then did a trick with her water bottle, turning it into her favorite beer. She laughed and clapped, then the camera guy talked to them asking them what they thought about Criss. Lexy smiled-“At first, I was a little scared. But then he showed us some other tricks and now he is amazing I want to take him home with me!” She grabbed his sweater and pulled him towards her.
He wrapped his arms around her hugging and laughing, then whispered in her ear-“If you want me you can have me.”
She pulled away and smiled-“yea I do. Hang out with us tonight. Show us Vegas!”
The girls looked at Lexy then smiled, giving her a thumbs up. HE laughed-“Deal, meet me at the Palms hotel, around 11. I should be done shooting my show by then. I will show you ladies, the nightlife of Vegas!”
The girls laughed as they walked away talking about what had just happened. Marley laughed-“Wow, he is cute!”
Lisa smiled-“Oh yea, way to go Lexy!”
Toni put her arm around Lexy’s shoulder-“Betcha you ain’t thinking about Nick tonight.”
Lexy looked at her and smirked-“Uh...Nick who?”
They laughed as they went to the casino’s to kill time. The night was young, and so were the girls. They met up with Criss and enjoyed Vegas. Lexy flirted up a storm with him, and they exchanged numbers. The next day, the girls were walking around enjoying the day part of Vegas, when Lexy got a phone call. She picked it up-“Hello?”
A sexy soothing voice was on the other side-“Hello pretty Lady. Did you sleep well?”
She smiled and moved to the girls-“It’s Criss.” then continued talking to him-“Well hi I slept very well last night, I was exhausted thanks to you!”
He laughed-“well it’s what I do best. So, can I see you again tonight?”
By now, she had him on speaker and the girls were all nodding their heads, Lexy laughed silently-“Do you want to see me tonight? Honestly?”
He paused for a minute, then chuckled-“Of course I wanna see you. You know what, I even wanna see your friends too. Hi ladies!”
The girls looked at each other then laughed as they all said Hi to him. Lexy laughed-“Maybe, you being psychic and all isn’t such a great idea!”
He laughed-“Oh, it’s ok. I won’t use that part of my brain tonight!”
Lexy smiled as she blushed-“What side will you be using?”
Toni smiled-“More like what head will he be using.”
Criss laughed-“I heard that!”
Lexy laughed-“Well Mr. Angel. What do you want to do tonight?”
He paused-“First, I want to treat you guys to dinner, then dancing. How does that sound?”
Lexy smiled as she got thumbs up from the girls-“Sounds like you got yourself a date with four hott women.”
Criss chuckled-“Perfect, I’ll pick you ladies up around 10ish. See ya then.”
She couldn’t help but smiled as she hung up the phone-“I don’t know what it is about him, he just makes me smile!”
Lisa laughed-“Well I think this is great! You deserve it.”
Marley nodded-“Yea, it’s about time too. Nick already had his fun.”
Toni rolled her eyes-“Yea, with Ivy. It’s your turn Lex. Now, let’s go shopping so we look hott for Criss.”
The next few days went by so fast, since the girls were having a blast with Criss in Vegas. When they left, Criss took them to the airport, at the door of the plane he took Lexy’s hand and handed her his necklace. He then gave her a soft kiss on the lips, she smiled-“You have to call me if you are where ever I am.” He smiled and nodded, then she got on the plane and they headed back to the tour.
When they got back, the couples greeted each other with enthusiasm. Lexy smiled and hugged the guys afterwards. They went to the lobby of the hotel to talk about the trip. About thirty minutes later, Nick walked up with a girl with him. Lexy turned to AJ-“Who’s that?”
Aj rolled his eyes-“That’s Daphne. Nick’s European souvenir.”
Lexy laughed at his tone of voice-“Wow, oh great, here he comes.”
Nick walked up-“Oh, I’m glad you are all here. I want you to meet someone. Ladies, this is Daphne. Daphne that’s Marley, Toni, Lisa, you know AJ, and Lexy.”
Daphne shook their hands, then looked at Lexy-“Your Lexy? I have heard of you.”
Lexy smiled-“Wow, really?”
Daphne, smirked-“Yes, on the TV. You are Nick’s ex-girlfriend right?”
Lexy looked at Nick, then looked away-“Yea, I am.”
Daphne looked at Nick-“So do I have anything to worry about baby?”
Nick was about to reply but Lexy cut him off-“Um, I hate to disappoint you Daph, can I call you that? But that ship has sailed, and it’s long gone.” She got up and smiled-“It was a pleasure meeting you.” She walked past them, glancing at Nick with a smirk, then walked to the elevator
Chapter 47 by Tati
It had been three days since the girls got back from Vegas, and Nick seemed to be attached at the hip with Daphne. Lexy sat in the lobby reading a book when all of a sudden a magazine was plopped down on the table. She was startled when she looked up and saw Nick with a smirk on his face. He walked around the table-“Looks like you had a little fling in Vegas too.”
She looked up and him, then down at the US weekly that had a picture of her and Criss on the cover with the headline “Lexy into the MINDFREAK?”
He laughed-“Looks like you got yourself a good one there.”
Lisa had walked up behind Nick-“Hey guys. What’s going on?”
Lexy looked at Lisa-“Seems like Criss and I have made headlines! Apparently I am into the Mindfreak, whatever that means, but I like it.”
Nick shook his head smirking-“If you say so. Here’s some advice, from me to you, don’t get involved with famous people after getting out of a relationship with a famous person.”
Lexy got up, smacking the magazine into Nick’s chest-“Thanks, here’s a piece of advise for you...don’t butt into other people’s lives, or there will be consequences.”
With that she walked away, Nick laughed and shook his head as he turned to Lisa-“Danm Lisa, if your girl wanted to get over me faster she didn’t have to go grab the first guy that crossed her path.”
He laughed, cracking himself up, only to be stopped by Lisa’s hand which she had used to smack him across the face-“She didn’t hook up with the first guy. She only had fun, she’s young, she’s beautiful, and she is single. It didn’t take her very long to get over you.”
She walked off, leaving Nick standing in the lobby rubbing his face. He watched Lisa walk off, then kicked a trash can near by.
Lexy was getting ready for the show, when Lisa told her what Nick had said. It infuriated her, but she didn’t let herself cry. When she got out to do the show, she sang her songs then did her talking. She laughed-“WOO How are you guys doing tonight?? Are you ready to see the Backstreet Boys?? You know they are pretty hott, well maybe not all of them. You think Kevin is hot?(Loud screams) What about Brian? Ooh he is hott huh?(Loud screams) And Howie is a hottie too (Loud screams) Oh and what about AJ? Now he is hot (Louder screams) Well that’s it, those are the only hot ones (the girls screamed NO) Hmm...who did I forget? OH Nick? You think he’s hott?(Loudest screams She laughed)NO NO he’s not (fans scream) I guess. Either way, here they are...I know you have all been waiting patiently! Goodnight!”
She ran off stage, only to be stopped by Nick, he glared at her-“What was that?”
She looked at him-“The same thing you did to me with Lisa!”
He continued staring at her-“You know, two can play at this game!”
She shook her head-“No Nick, I’m not gonna have these little wars with you. Unlike you, I do feel bad when I make you look bad, you know why? Cuz unlike you to me, I did love you.” She pushed her way past him, and went into her dressing room to change.
The next day, AJ stopped Lisa-“Baby, we need to talk.”
She looked at him and crossed her arms-“About wat?”
He sighed-“Did you hit Nick yesterday?”
She laughed-“Yea why? Did he tell on me?”
Aj smirked at nodded-“Yea, he wants me to talk to you, asking you not to butt into their issues.”
Lisa glared at AJ-“Are you serious? He was bad mouthing her! I wasn’t gonna sit there and let him talk about her like that! And how are you gonna sit here and tell me this?”
AJ shook his head-“Baby, I’m not tellin you anything. I told you what Nick wanted me to tell you. Doesn’t mean that I agree with him.”
Lisa looked at him, and hugged him-“I hate this whole issue with them. If only there was a way, to make them see how much they need each other.”
Aj nodded, then smiled-“Maybe there is away. I have an idea. But it might take a while.”
Lisa thought for a few minutes-“I dunno, after the way he’s been acting, I kinda don’t want them to get together again.”
AJ rolled his eyes-“But you just said that you did.”
She smiled-“I know, but now that I think about it I don’t. Hmm now I am have an idea...C’mon babe!” She grabbed his hand and walked off.
Lexy sat on the bus reading a book. She had a photo shoot that day with Seventeen magazine. She was kinda excited, of course they were gonna ask her about her relationships. When she got back, Lisa waved at her to sit with them in the lobby. She hesitated since Nick was there with Daphne but she sucked it up and walked over there with a smile.
Lisa smiled-“How did it go? Did you have fun?”
Lexy giggled-“Yea, I had some cute outfits, I will have to show you later. The interview was good too, although we did talk about some dull subjects.” She said that as she glanced at Nick.
He laughed-“Oh shut up Lexy, you know that’s when the conversation got good. I bet you spilled a lot of nasty secrets about me.”
She looked at him-“I told you I’m not playing these little games with you Nicky.”
He glared-“Don’t call me that.”
Daphne looked at them both then sighed loudly putting her head on his shoulder. Nick smirked as he stretched, putting his arm around Daphne’s shoulder-“Yup yup, seems like what you had in Vegas was just a fling Lex. Looks to me like I’m the one that brought my relationship with me. It means it will last.”
Lexy shook her head as she put her face in her hands. Just then a familiar voice spoke-“Well, I knew I would find you somehow.” She was surprised, when she looked up to see Criss walking up to her.
She got up and ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck-“Hi! What are you doing here?”
He smiled at her-“Well I was in the neighborhood and I used my mind to track you down.”
She looked at him-“Wow, did you really?”
He laughed-“No, I called Lisa and asked her where you guys were staying.”
She turned to Lisa, who was smiling at her and mouthed thank you. Nick was sitting up watching. Lexy smiled as she took Criss’s hand and walked over to the table-“Hey guys. I want you to meet Criss Angel. Criss, that’s AJ, you know Lisa, that’s Daphne, and Nick. Guys this is the guy from Vegas!”
Criss smiled at them, then turned his attention back to Lexy-“So, I get to see you perform tonight?”
She turned red-“Um...if you want. I’m not that good.”
He smiled as he brushed a strand of hair out of her face-“Oh psh, that’s crap. You are opening up for them, you have to be good. How about we go upstairs, and you change so I can take you out to eat?”
She looked into his eyes and smiled-“I would really like that. C’mon.”
Nick watched them walk off together, whispering into each others ears. He didn’t even notice his jaw was tightened until he loosened up and it hurt. Daphne smiled goofy-“Aww, I think they are cute!”
Nick looked at her, then shook his head-“AJ, did you see that guy? He is totally fake!”
AJ laughed-“Um, I dunno bro, he seemed nice.”
Lisa got into the conversation-“Um...excuse me. He is a really nice guy. You have to give him a chance before judging him.”
Nick rolled his eyes-“Whatever, 50 bucks says he ain’t stayin till tomorrow. C’mon Daphne.” He got up and she followed.
Lisa smirked as he walked away, then turned to AJ-“Oh he is soo jealous!!”
AJ laughed-“Yea he is! I’ve never seen him this bad! It really got to him that Criss showed up!”
Lisa smiled guilty-“Yea, his timing was so weird!”
AJ nodded then looked at her-“Wait, did you have anything to do with this? Lisa?”
She laughed-“I couldn’t help it. I hate him rubbing it in her face that he had someone on tour with him. I had to call Criss, luckily he wasn’t doing anything with his show.”
Aj laughed-“He has a show?”
Lisa stared at him-“Yea! He has a show on A&E. You didn’t know? OMG let’s go upstairs to your computer, I will show you.”
Criss agreed on going on tour with Lexy for while until his show started back on. Everyone loved having him around to talk to and do tricks with. Nick was the only who had a problem with him. He would call him show off and a fake, every chance he got. Lexy was totally happy around him, he made her laugh and have a good time. Criss was very fond of Emma, he like holding her and playing with her. Daphne was not fond of her at all, she avoided carrying her and playing with her. Nick never noticed, but Lexy did. About 2 weeks later, Criss was called by his brother, letting him know that they were ready to start shooting again, Lexy took him to the airport-“Thank you Lexy, for these past 3 weeks. They have been truly amazing.”
Lexy looked down, and sighed-“Do you have to go?”
Criss lifted her chin up, and kissed her softly-“Yes baby I do. I hate that it has to be like this but it does. I’m sorry.”
She held his arm, that was still on her chin and kissed him again-“Take care. And be careful. I’ll miss you.”
He smiled-“I will miss you too. I’ll call you when I get there. Hey Lexy” Then he whispered-“Don’t forget me ok?”
She looked at him and smiled-“Never.”
He hugged her, then walked onto the plane.
Two days later, Daphne was called for a photoshoot in Paris, she was gonna be gone for a few days, Nick was down about it.
Johnny walked up to the guys-“Alright everyone, we are headed up to a very cold area. There will be snow. It’s not to do a show, it’s to take a small break, for about a week. We will be staying in three log cabins up north. We will be on a mountain and we will be able to go skiing so bring warm clothes.” He looked at the girls-“Let me guess, this means a shopping trip for you.”
Toni smiled-“You know us soo Well!”
Johnny laughed-“Yea. Ok we will leave tonight, and be at the cabin in the morning so let’s get ready, so we can just jump on the bus and go after the show.
Lexy was excited-“wow, I’ve never been skiing!”
AJ smiled-“Oh, it’s tons of fun.”
Brian walked up-“Yea, we love it when Johnny surprises us like this. With small breaks, they are tons of fun!”
The next morning, they arrived at the cabins. They were about 70 feet away from each other, there was snow everywhere. They were on a mountain, and it was hard to walk. In the first cabin, it was the managers, bodyguards. In the second it was the dancers and musicians. And in the third it was the guys and the girls. They settled in and picked the rooms, Lexy had a room alone, since everyone had a couple and her and Nick didn’t want to room together. They skied for a while, then came back to the house to get warm. Around 7pm, they sat around the fire talking and laughing, just then the whole house started shaking. Everyone was startled, it felt like something was falling, the fire went out as snow fell into the chimney. IT got dark, about 10 minutes later, it stopped. No one moved, Kevin finally turned a flash light on-“Everyone ok?”
Everyone slowly got up, and looked around. Nick finally spoke-“Um, guys. You might wanna check this out.”
They walked over to the window where Nick was and saw snow. It covered the house, you could not see anything. They were snowed in, and it looked like it was deep and a long way to the top.
Chapter 48 by Tati
Kevin opened the window and started poking at the snow, to see if they could get out, but all it did was drop snow into the house, they quickly closed the window. Kevin picked up the phone-“The avalanche must have knocked the phone lines down. And our phones have no signal!”
Lexy looked around, then started rubbing her arms-“We are gonna freeze aren’t we?”
Kevin shook his head-“No. I’m not gonna let that happen. OK...here’s the plan. We have to keep warm, since the snow is covering the whole house, it will get cold. So since we all have couples, then we can warm up with each others bodies during the night. Howie, go check to see if the chimney’s in the room have snow.” He ran to the rooms, then came back nodding his head. Kevin sighed-“Ok, it will get cold tonight. So keep warm with each others bodies.”
Lexy crossed her arms-“Um hello? Nick and I don’t have partners. And I am not laying with him. So do we have any extra quilts.”
Kevin looked at Nick who put his hands up-“Lexy, can’t you just put your differences aside? You will be cold!”
Lexy shook her head-“NO! I rather freeze that sleep with him, again.”
Nick looked hurt, then Kevin shook his head-“Ok, suit yourself, I think I saw some spare quilts in the closet with our bags. Lexy walked over there and grabbed them, then went to her room to set them down. Everyone was getting ready for bed, Nick looked at Lexy. He watched her go to her room, then closed the door. He went to the closet and got more quilts too, then went to bed.
The next morning, it felt as if it was still night. The snow was still covering the window. Lexy walked out and saw Kevin making something to eat for everyone. Lexy walked over to the couch and sat down, they all did that most of the day, sit around. Marley and Lisa walked over to Lexy and snuggled with her as they talked about stuff. Later on that day, Brian and AJ got the snow in the fire place in the living room to melt. So they got a fire going, and made it last. Lexy sat on the couch drinking hot chocolate, reading a book. Nick walked out from his room stretching, looking around-“Where is everyone?”
Lexy didn’t look up from her book,-“They found a better way to keep warm.”
Nick plopped down across from her-“Really? How?”
She looked up at him with a smirk and a raised eyebrow-“Well...”
He laughed-“OH! Never mind!” She smiled, then rubbed her shoulders. She was wearing a small jacket. Nick looked over at her then got up. When he came back he had a hoodie with him and tossed it at her-“You will freeze with that tiny jacket. Here, where that one. It’s warm.”
She looked up at him, then smiled-“Oh what do you care if I freeze.”
He stopped smiling and looked at her-“More than you know.”
She looked at him, then looked down as she put the sweater on. It was quiet for a bit, it was kind of awkward. Then Aj walked into the room smiling-“Ok, let’s make this a little bit more fun!” He brought out a radio, and hooked up his MP3 player to it and started playing music. He went back into the room to get Lisa to come out and dance with him. Lexy laughed as Lisa pulled her up too. They danced then Nick got up and started dancing too. AJ laughed-“Woo! This is also a way to get warm!!”
Before they knew it, it was night time again. They were all sitting around the fire talking and telling stories and stuff. Then Leighanne got up-“I am tired. It’s time for me to sleep.” Brian got up and started heading off with her. Soon after everyone was starting to get up and stretch.
Nick walked up to Lexy-“Lexy...I don’t care what you say. But I need you in bed!”
Lexy looked at him with a weird look-“EXCUSE ME?”
AJ laughed as he walked up and put his arm around Nick’s shoulder-“Woah Nick. That is not how you ask lady to sleep with you! You have to do it like this. Hey baby...how you doin?”
Nick rolled his eyes-“No, I don’t wanna sleep with her! I just need her warmth. I was soo cold last night!”
Lexy shook her head-“No thank you. You can wear more clothes.”
Nick pouted-“C’mon Lex! Please!! I won’t touch you I promise! I just want the warmth!!”
Lexy laughed, then got serious-“Ok ok! Shut up! Fine. But if you dare touch me! I will throw you off that bed faster than you could realize what you were doing!”
He jumped up and hugged her-“THANK YOU!”
She pulled away-“AAH! TOUCHING!!”
Everyone laughed at them, then said good night as they went to their rooms. They managed to get the fireplaces in the rooms dry and lit. About an hour later, Lexy laid in bed, facing the opposite way than Nick, staring at the wall. She figured Nick was asleep, so she turned around only to see him facing her awake. She looked at him-“hi.”
He smiled-“Hi, why are you awake?”
She shrugged-“I dunno, too much on my mind. You?”
He smiled-“Same here. Except I’m looking at wat is on my mind.”
She blushed, looking into his eyes-“Oh really?”
He nodded, then he got closer to her face and...
Chapter 49 by Tati
Lexy turned her head away-“Goodnight Nick.” She turned her back on him, and fell asleep. Nick looked at her, then sighed. Turning his back on her and also falling asleep. The next morning, Lexy walked out, and sat infront of the fire that had already been started. Brian was in the kitchen this time makin breakfast. He smiled at Lexy-“Good morning. Did ya sleep well? OR did ya have to kick Nick off the bed.”
She laughed-“Surprisingly enough, I slept really well. And he stayed on the bed. It did help to have him there.”
Brian laughed as he shook his head, then pointed-“Speakin of the devil. Good morning star shine!”
Lexy laughed-“The earth says HELLO!”
Nick rubbed his face-“Wow...Charlie and the chocolate fac-“ He was cut off by distant rumbling.-“Sh...do you hear that?”
Lexy looked at him, then listened. Brian also stopped what he was doing-“GUYS!!”
Everyone came out and listened. The rumbling got louder, suddenly everything started shaking again, much more violent this time. Lexy ducked down and put her hands over her head, Nick didn’t even think about it. He lunged forward and wrapped Lexy under his body, holding her head. The shaking was bringing down dust and wood from the ceiling. The chimney also started shooting out ashes, it was getting dusty inside. Everyone stayed down so they wouldn’t fall over. Lexy turn around and buried her face in Nick’s chest, as the rumbling continued. He held her and put his head down, to keep the ashes from entering his lungs. When the rumbling was over, everyone slowly started getting up. Coughing and waving their arms infront of them to keep the dust from irritating them. Kevin directed everyone into his room, to let the dust and ashes settle in the living room. He had two flash lights down turned on-“Ok, seems like this shake was stronger. It knocked the power out, and looks like it brought in more snow. I’m sorry guys, but it is gonna be much harder to keep warm now. I know we are all praying that we get found soon, but you have to remember that the other houses are under snow too.”
Lexy looked down then freaked out-“OH! Emma!! Nick, wat If something happened to their house? She is probably freezing!!”
Nick grabbed her by the shoulders-“Lex, listen...Emma is ok. She is in very good hands. I am sure she is warm, Sandy would keep her warm before warming himself up! That’s why we trust him!”
She nodded, then sat back down. Kevin continued-“OK, tonight we might end up all sleeping in the living room, the more of us, the warmer we will get. The guys will be working on getting the chimney’s dry again so we can cook the foods. WE will be ok, I promise guys.”
After the meeting, everyone walked back out, and immediately felt the cold air. They could actually see their breaths now. The girls started cleaning up the mess, from the shake. While the guys split up to get the fireplaces dry. After hours of cleaning, Lexy went and sat on the couch with a comforter wrapped around her. She sighed, and watched Brian and Kevin work on the chimney.
Lisa then walked up to her-“Hey Lexy, how ya doin?”
Lexy smiled-“I’m tired and cold. Other than that, I am ok.”
Lisa laughed-“Ditto, could you give me a hand over here please?”
Lexy nodded as she got up and walked over to her. Nick was walking by and accidently brushed up against her. She smiled at him, and he smiled back and winked at her. She turned bright red, then ran her hand through her hair. He walked into the kitchen to get a broom. Lexy turned to Lisa who was staring at her-“What was that all about?”
Lexy pretended to be confused-“What are you talking about Lisa?”
Lisa laughed-“Miss Lexy you know exactly what I’m talking about! You and Nick were soo silently flirting!”
Lexy laughed, then stopped when Nick walked back around flashing her a smile again. Lexy then turned away from him, and put her hand up to her mouth so Lisa couldn’t see her smiled again. Lisa laughed as she watched them.
Later on, all the fire places were dry and the one in the living room was on. Lexy laid on the floor Infront of the fire places reading a book, Nick walked out and sat next to her-“Watcha doin?”
She felt her stomach do cartwheels, but hid it from Nick-“Looks like I’m reading a book.”
He smiled then put his hands over the fire-“I’m so cold. Aren’t you?”
She put the book aside and nodded-“Yea. I am freezing. Look you can see my breath.”
He blew out and laughed when his breath came out too. They talked and laughed for a while. Then started talking about their relationship and how it went wrong. Nick scooted closer to Lexy and sat behind her. She leaned back on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her-“Now we might get as warm as everyone else.”
She smiled, and looked up at him, the fire was reflecting in his eyes, he looked down at her, then brushed her lips with his. They were surprisingly warm, making her shiver. She sat up and turned to him as she followed through with his kiss.
Chapter 50 by Tati
The next day, Kevin paced back and forth. Kristin walked into their room-“Baby, what’s the matter?”
Kevin looked at her-“We are running out of fire wood.”
Kristin looked down-“It’s ok, we can burn things around us, to keep warm until we figure a way out.”
Kevin shook his head-“That’s not it. We are also running out of food. We don’t have much left.”
Lexy stood at the door, listening. She gasped, being the youngest in the whole house, she tended to panic more. Kevin heard her gasp and turned to looked at her. She stood with a worried look on her face-“We’re gonna die down here huh?”
Kristin got up and walked over to her-“No we’re not darling. It’s gonna be ok.”
Lexy shook her head as she stepped back-“No... you know it’s serious when Kevin worries.” She turned around and ran to the room. She passed Nick up and he looked at Kristin who was standing at the door.
Kevin pushed past Kristin, but was stopped by Nick-“What happened?”
Kevin sighed-“She overheard Kristin and I talking. She is panicking Nick!”
Nick put his hand up-“I’ll talk to her.” He ran to the room and found Lexy sitting on the bed facing the window. He walked over to her and kneeled infront of her-“Hey cutie? Wat’s going on?”
Lexy sniffled and looked away, he softly pulled her face to look at him, she looked into his eyes-“I overheard Kevin. He’s worried Nick. He said we were running out of firewood and food! We are gonna die down here!”
Nick shook his head-“No we’re not, pretty girl! I promise you I will do everything in my power to get us out of here. I will not let you die here! Don’t worry ok. Leave it up to us, we will find a way. I assure you.”
Lexy shook her head-“You’re just saying that, aren’t you scared too?”
Nick smiled-“Honestly? I’m terrified. But I use that fear, to work for us getting out. Please trust me, little one we will be ok.”
She smiled as he got up pulling her into a hug-“Thank you Nick.”
He laughed-“Your welcome you big baby.”
She gasped and play hit him, he acted like it hurt. She laughed, then started to walk out of the room, he walked up and put his arm around her shoulder.
Kevin was having a meeting with everyone when they walked in-“Ok, so you understand that we don’t have much time left. So this is what we are gonna do. The guys will put on A LOT of clothes, and we are gonna dig our way out. Getting help for the rest of you.Ok?”
Lexy looked up at Nick, he nodded to Kevin. Then he looked down at her, she shook her head no and wrapped her arms around him. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. Lisa stood up-“NO! You can’t do that! It’s dangerous! What if you can’t reach the top? What if you run out of air? No, I am not letting you! I’m sorry but I speak for the rest of us when I say all of this.”
Leighanne spoke up-“She’s right Kev! It’s crazy!”
Brian put a hand on her shoulder-“Baby, it’s the only way we can get out. We have to think of the children Baylee and Emma! They are with Sandy, what if they need firewood and food too.” Leighanne hadn’t thought of that, she looked around suddenly feeling fear for her baby.
Nick spoke, making everyone turn to look at him-“When are we doing this?”
Kevin sighed-“Today, in a few minutes actually.”
Albert stood up-“OK, are we are all going?”
Kevin nodded-“Yes, we are all going to split up into groups of two, and go out different windows. We will meet up at the top.” All the men nodded and went into the rooms to get dressed. Despite the pleas of the women, they got ready. The girls figured it was pointless fighting them, so they all went to the living room to console each other. About an hour later, The guys hugged their girl and kissed them, then headed to their window. Brian and Kevin stood at the window in the living room. Howie, Chris and Albert stood in the window on the other side of the room. Nick and AJ stood at the kitchen window all ready to go. Kevin spoke again-“OK guys. This is where we depart. Best of luck to you all. See you at the top.” The opened the window and started digging upward. Soon they were gone.
Chapter 51 by Tati
Two hours went by, and the girls were sitting infront of the fire, panicking. Lisa and Lexy would walk to the windows and would look up. It must have been dark cuz they could only darkness. They didn’t know if they made it or not. Three hours later, they had decided to lay down and all dozed off, except Leighanne and Kristin. It had been five hours and they had not heard from the guys. They were starting to panic, when suddenly they heard noises from the door. They screamed, then Kristin got up, she walked to the door and opened it. There was 3 men, dressed like Eskimos with tons of huge warm blankets-“ok Ladies, let’s get you out of here.”
The girls got up and walked to the door. Lexy looked at them-“What about our stuff?”
The man shook his head-“We don’t have time, we don’t know how long our tunnel will last. Come on let’s go!”
The girls covered up with the quilts and headed out. They walked for a while, freezing. It was so cold that it hurt to move, the three men kept talking to them, making sure they stayed conscious. They reached the end of the tunnel and they had a platform that lifted the girls 3 at a time. Lexy was in the second group, when they all were up. They frantically looked for the guys. Leighanne ran to the men that came down-“Where are they? Did they make it? Are they ok?”
The man grabbed her shoulders-“Calm down ma’am. They are all in the emergency center getting checked for frost bite. We are about to take you ladies over there too. Then we will set you up in a hotel.”
The girls were so weak from the cold that they nodded and climbed into the bus that picked them up. When they got to the emergency center, they slowly walked in. They were escorted to a room to get checked. About an hour later, they were warm and well. They were allowed to see the guys. Lexy ran to Nick, not noticing, and jumped into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight-“Oh my God! I didn’t know if you were ok! They wouldn’t tell us anything!”
The other girls also hugged their guys tightly. Lisa looked over at Lexy and gave her a “wat’s up with that” look. Lexy shrugged and buried her face into his chest. He kissed her forehead, she looked up at him-“Nick, how was it?”
Nick sighed-“Oh, it was the worst thing you could imagine. We dug for about an hour and a half, we were so cold! AJ started giving up on me, but I wouldn’t let him.”
AJ nodded as he walked over with Lisa at his side-“Yea. You really pulled through for me man.”
Nick nodded at AJ, then looked at Lexy-“Someone else wants to see you.”
He walked over to a room and brought out Emma and Baylee who ran to his mommy, making her cry from joy. Lexy took Emma and hugged her-“Oh my baby! I was so worried!” Sandy walked over, she hugged him too-“Thank you so much for taking care of her! Thank you!”
Sandy hugged her back-“I’m so glad you guys are ok! After the avalanche, we couldn’t find where the house was, we had people digging for days. It only got worse when the second one came down. We thought we had lost you all. When the guys came up, they told us where to dig and to dig fast. We had people digging for about three hours, and look we have you here!”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, it was extremely cold down there. But I kept my cool.” Everyone laughed at her comment making her blush-“Shh!”
They headed back to the hotel. Lexy walked into her room and plopped down on her bed. She sat there and thought about Nick, and how close this whole experience made them. There was a knock on her door, just as she had sat up. She walked over to it and opened it, Nick stood there with this cute shy look on his face-“Hi.”
With out any words, he wrapped his arms around her waist and started kissing her. They kissed for a few minutes, then Lexy pulled away-“The craziest thing just occurred to me.”
He smiled-“What’s that?”
Still close to his face she whispered-“We haven’t had a bath in days.”
He pulled away making a face-“EUW! That’s true! I need to go shower!”
She laughed as he started walking away. She pulled on his shirt-“Go? I have a better idea.” She pulled him into the bathroom and shut the door.
The next morning they headed back to the tour. They arrived at Milwaukee and headed for the hotel. When they got there, Lexy and Nick were kicked out of their fantasy world and were smacked in the face with reality. When Nick walked into the hotel, Daphne pounced on him, kissing him and hugging him. Lexy stood there with her jaw open.
Chapter 52 by Tati
Lexy walked past them to her room. Nick glanced at Lexy out of the corner of his eye. She walked into the elevator and turned away. When she got to her room, she plopped down on the bed and sighed. There was a knock on her door, it was Lisa, Toni and Marley. They all smiled at her as they walked in. Toni put a hand on her shoulder-“I’m sorry hun.”
Lexy smiled-“For what? There’s nothing to be sorry about.”
Lisa turned to her-“Lexy please don’t pretend like it didn’t hurt to see Daphne all over Nick. We all saw the look on your face.”
Marley laughed-“The best part was the look on Nick’s face when Daphne pounced on him.”
Lexy laughed a little-“I’m fine guys. We forgot for a brief time about the real world. But it’s ok, we are back to normal, and getting back into the groove.” The girls sat around the room talking about what they were gonna do for the day. They were bored. Lexy laid on the bed letting her head hang upside down.
Just then there was another knock on the door. Marley got up-“I’ll get it.”
Nick stood at the door-“hi? Where’s Lexy?”
Marley pointed to the room-“Why do you wanna know?”
Nick smirked-“Why do you care?” He walked past her and into the room. Lexy looked up from the bed where she was laying. He laughed shyly and pulled up a chair across from her and sat down. The other girls watched them as he stared at her. Lexy rolled over and looked at him-“Can I help you?”
Nick smiled-“I can think of a few ways you could.”
Lexy blushed-“Funny. Wat’s up Nick? Why are you here?”
He sighed-“Daphne is doing a press conference downstairs. I needed to talk to you so I took this opportunity to come up here and talk to you.”
Marley, Toni, and Lisa all stood up-“Um..we are gonna go. We’ll call ya in a bit hun.”
Lexy laughed as the three girls rushed out. Nick watched them leave, as soon as the door closed he laid on the bed next to Lexy. She watched him, then giggled. They laid in her bed looking up at the ceiling. After a few minutes of silence, Lexy spoke-“You needed to talk? Or was that just an excuse to come up here and cheat on your girlfriend again.”
Nick pretended to be offended-“Me? Cheat?” He laughed, he stopped when he looked over at her and she wasn’t smiling-“Ok, time to be serious. Lexy I did forget that I had a girlfriend.”
Lexy interrupted him-“How can we forget something like that?”
Nick stood up agitated that she was not flirty anymore-“I dunno Lexy. I guess we were caught in the panic ”
Lexy scoffed-“Panic? Yea in the cabin there was panic, but did you feel panic last night in the hotel room?”
Nick stared at her, then turned red-“Um...”
Lexy shook her head-“Nick you need to make a decision. You have to choose, me or her. Not both.”
Nick shook his head-“I never intended to have both. I just...don’t know what I’m feeling right now.”
Lexy looked at him-“I'm done crying for you Nick. You need to set your feelings straight.” With that, she walked out of the room, leaving him there. She sighed as she walked over to the elevator, she hoped it would take long so he had time to come out of the room. But he never did. So she went downstairs to sit with Lisa and AJ in the lobby. About fifteen minutes later, Nick ran out of the elevator, he was searching frantically around the lobby. AJ stood up and started walking over to him-“Hey man You ok?”
Nick looked at him, then past him. He ran around him to the table he was at, Lexy watched him, confused. She stood up as he reached her, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. Lisa smiled and looked at AJ, who gave her thumbs up.
They finished their kiss, Lexy still in his hands whispered-“Wow, wat’s that for?”
Nick smiled-“I don’t know. Something inside of me told me to do this. So I followed it. The feeling came from this area.” He grabbed her hand and put it on his heart. She smiled at him and threw her arms around his neck.
Just then, a bunch of paramedics ran into the hotel-“Where is room 245?”
Nick looked at them-“That’s my room! Daphne! Follow me!” He took off running, the paramedics followed him.
Lexy looked at Lisa-“Stairs!” Lisa nodded, AJ followed. They ran up to the 2 floor, the paramedics had told them that some one called saying that there was a woman unconscious. When Lexy got there, out of breath, she saw Nick standing over Daphne’s body. There was a puddle of blood under her. The paramedics put her on a stretcher and took her away. Nick stood there covering his eyes, shaking his head-“I can’t believe her.”
Lexy put a hand on his shoulder-“What happened?”
Nick looked up, tears filled his eyes-“She cut herself! Because I broke up with her!”
Lexy looked at him surprised, she thought to herself wow that’s a little too much-“Nick, I’m sorry. I-.”
Nick shook his head up and grabbed her shoulders-“No, don’t blame yourself for this. This is my doing ok? I gotta go to the hospital.”
He took off running, AJ followed him-“Yo Bro! I’ll go with you!”
Lisa put her arm around Lexy’s shoulder-“Don’t blame yourself hun. It’s not your thing ok. You can’t help the way your heart feels. Or who it loves. Neither can he, so he can’t blame himself either! Come on, I’ll go with you to the hospital.”
Lexy nodded, then headed to the room to let Sandy know what had happened. When they got to the hospital, Nick was talkin to the doctor. Lexy saw him fall back on the chair shaking his head, she ran to him-“Nick?”
He looked up at her his eyes were red, he stood up and hugged her-“Oh Lexy. She’s gone! And it’s my fault.”
Lexy felt her knees go out-“Oh Nick, I’m sorry. But baby it’s not your fault. I promise you it’s not your fault! You can’t help the way your heart takes you.”
Nick pulled away from her, and looked into her eyes-“I’m glad you came. For a second there I thought I had made the wrong decision. But then you show up and your in my arms and everything is clear. I love you.”
Chapter 53 by Tati
They finished up the tour, sadly. Thanksgiving came and they got three days off, Lexy went home to see her mom. She enjoyed that time, her other family members. She brought gifts and helped her mom make the dinner. When she got back, they started a Christmas tour, that went on for a few weeks. The weekend before Christmas, Nick came up to Lexy-“Hey baby, can I talk to you for a second?”
She looked at him worried-“Um, yea sure. What’s going on?”
He pulled her over to the side, he looked down, he was nervous. Lexy smiled at him, he looked so cute. He finally took a deep breath-“Ok, you know we have Christmas off. We finished the tours and we are all going home for the holidays. And well I was hoping maybe you could come to Florida and have Christmas with my family.”
Lexy was shocked, but flattered-“Wow, you want me to meet your family? Of course I will Nick ”
He let out a sigh of relief and hugged her-“Oh, baby Thank you ”
Lexy smiled and kissed him, then smiled-“I’m gonna go back to my moms, celebrate early then meet you in Tampa. Sound good?”
He nodded then kissed her again. Lexy went to her hotel room and packed, Lisa came over to say bye. Lexy told her what Nick had asked her and they both freaked out and started talking about it. Lexy was very nervous to head out to meet Nick’s parents, she had done the party with her family and was on her way to Tampa now. She messed with her head phones as she sat in the plane. It was only a 45 minute ride but it felt like a 3 hour flight. When she got there, she waited for Nick to pick her up. Just then, a guy that seemed a little younger than her walked up to her-“Hi, you look lost? Can I help you find something? Like my room?”
She looked at him with a raised eyebrow-“Wow If that wasn’t a pick up line I don’t know what is. I’m actually waiting for someone.”
He smiled-“Yea? You know, I have hook ups to famous people. Like the Backstreet Boys, maybe you’ve heard of them? I can get you passes to see them when they come to town.”
She looked at him, obviously he had no clue who she was, but went along with it-“Wow, can you really? Too bad I’m not interested, they just aren’t my type of music.”
Just then Nick walked up-“Hey I’ve been looking for you!”
The boy turned around and rolled his eyes-“Nick, I was standing here the whole time!”
Nick laughed as he shook his head-“Not you moron Lexy.” He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She threw her arms around his neck as the boy stared. Nick put his arm around her shoulder-“Baby, this is my little brother Aaron. Aaron this is Lexy.”
Lexy laughed-“Hiya.”
Aaron shook his head-“So you knew who I was the whole time?”
Lexy nodded-“Yea, you look like Nick so I figured you were his brother. And since you were hitting on me, I figured you didn’t know who I was. So I went along with it.”
Nick pushed Aaron-“He does not look like me. You were hitting on my girlfriend?”
Aaron shook his head-“Tryin. Did not succeed. Come on lets go, I’m hungry.”
Lexy leaned her head on his shoulder as they went to pick her luggage up. She was quiet on their way to the house. Nick looked at her-“You ok?”
She sighed-“yea, just a little nervous.”
Nick laughed-“There is no need to be nervous. They will love you!”
Aaron stuck hi head in between them-“Hey, you are already ok with me and that is all that matters.”
She turned to him-“Why thank you Aaron, that means a lot to me.”
Aaron patted her shoulder-“I’m glad I could help. So...do you have a sister? Hott female friends?”
Nick swung at Aaron, tryin to keep the steering wheel straight-“Man shut up!”
Aaron laughed as he threw himself back, dodging Nick. Lexy laughed-“Oh, I have a feeling I will not be bored with you two around!”
Nick smiled at her and winked-“Oh trust me baby, you won’t be bored with me anyways!”
Lexy blushed as she turned away-“Nick. Not infront of your brother!”
Nick laughed as he continued driving. Lexy was definitely relaxed now, she was joking around with Aaron and play fighting with both of them. When they got to the house, Nick took her luggage and helped her inside the house. His dad was setting up the dinning room table for dinner, he went the door to greet them. Lexy smiled-“You have a very lovely house Mr. Carter.”
He laughed-“Thank you. So this is the beautiful Lexy. Oh please darling call me Bob.” He smiled as he shook her hand.
She blushed-“Oh, I see where Nick gets his charm. It is a pleasure finally meet you.”
Bob patted Nick’s shoulder-“No no sweetheart, it’s a pleasure finally meeting you. It’s about time Nick got a good girl!”
Lexy glanced at Nick who turned red-“Dad! Enough talk about the past, it has been forgotten and I have moved on to better girls.”
Lexy smacked his chest-“Girls?”
Nick laughed-“Girl! Girl! I meant girl!”
Bob laughed-“Well then, BJ and Leslie will be back soon they went to the mall. Aaron went upstairs to get Angel, and here comes my lovely wife Ginger.”
Lexy smiled, they went upstairs and she looked at her phone, she had a voicemail from Dean-“Hey doll! Give me a call when you get this! I have some big news that could totally change our lives for ever!! Happy holidays! Bye!”
Chapter 54 by Tati
Lexy put the phone down, Nick walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist-“Who was it?”
Lexy shook her head-“It was Dean, he must have a collaboration for the new cd. I’m gonna tell him my battery died and that I left my charger at my mom’s. I don’t feel like talking business with him during the holidays.”
Nick smiled as he turned around and closed the door of his room. He laid Lexy down on the bed and then laid down too, he was holding himself up with his elbow as he kissed her softly.
Lexy helped the family get ready for the dinner by helping put up decorations, then cleaning the house. Then Christmas night, Nick’s house was full of family members and they all ate dinner, then they gathered around the piano and Nick’s dad played Christmas carols. Everyone sung, then Ginger laughed-“Wait! That’s not fair! This family is full of great singers!!”
They all laughed as they continued singing and having a good time. Nick leaned into Lexy’s ear and whispered-“Did you get what you wanted this Christmas? Cuz I did.”
She looked at him and smiled-“And wat was it you wanted?”
Nick kissed her-“Spending it with you.” She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.
The next day they headed back over to New York to meet up with the rest of the gang, to celebrate New Years together. When Lexy walked into the hotel, Dean walked up to her-“Where have you been? I have been calling you for the past three days. Baby doll I have the best news in the world!!!”
Lexy laughed at his excitement-“What is it Dean? Should I sit down?” She joked.
Dean shook his head-“Ok ok, You have been offered the lead part in the movie The Phantom of the Opera!!”
Lexy stared, with a grin on her face-“Are you serious??”
Dean nodded-“Yes baby girl!!! Isn’t’ that great!!”
Lexy jumped up and hugged Nick who was also excited-“Wow Lex! That is amazing! I am so happy for you!!”
Lexy looked at Dean-“Great! When do we start and where?”
Dean smiled-“We leave for France January 1!”
Lexy turned to Nick-“How great will France be babe!!”
Nick looked down-“Baby, I can’t go with you. We start writing our new CD and have promos.”
Lexy looked at him, then at Dean-“How long will we be in France?”
Dean looked at her-“About a year.”
She smiled hopefully-“Oh, well we can deal with a year, I can see you on the weekends and stuff then come home.”
Dean shook his head-“No hunny, after the movie you start your tour in Europe, and then your new cd and another movie, a kiddish kinda movie Ella Enchanted.”
Lexy sat down-“How long will I be in Europe?”
Dean looked down-“Three to four years.”
She felt sick-“I’m not doing it, that is a lot of time away from home! Nick and I just got our relationship going again. I can’t do it sorry, tell them to find someone else.”
Nick shook his head-“No Lexy, you can’t give this up for me. This is an opportunity of a life time!”
Lexy got up-“I’m not doing it ok? That’s final!”
Dean looked at her-“at least thing about it hun.”
Lexy shook her head and walked out of the lobby to her room. Nick sighed-“I’ll talk to her Dean.”
That night, Lexy had gone out with Lisa, Marley, and Toni to have a girls night out. She needed advice from her friends, but was not getting the advice she wanted to hear. When she got home, she got back to the hotel room, she nearly fainted when she saw...
Chapter 55 by Tati
Lexy was screaming at Nick, he stood there dumbfounded, the girl was still laying on the couch where she had been when Lexy walked in. Lexy looked at Nick-“Wat the hell are you thinking?”
Nick shook his head-“Lexy I’m sorry, I’m not all here I... I had a tabs of “X” you know...extasy.”
Lexy was shocked-“Nick, how could you do such a thing?”
Nick looked over at the girl-“I didn’t do anything, you came in on time. I’m sorry!”
Lexy turned to the girl-“Get out of my room. Now!”
The girl got up and walked out, Lexy met her at the door and slammed it when she walked out. She felt upset, but sighed-“Nick, we’ll talk about it in the morning when you..well, when we are sober.”
She went to the bathroom, and got dressed for bed. The next morning she woke up to Nick sitting on the couch across from her. He looked mad, she sat up-“Morning.”
He sighed as he looked at her-“I don’t get you.”
She had walked into the bathroom and washed her face-“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you.”
He got up-“I said I don’t get you! Why are you still here, I cheated on you last night! And you forgave me!”
She sat in front of him on the bed-“Nicky, you want me not to forgive you? Baby you weren’t in your right state of mind. I know you would not do that to me if you were sober.”
Nick shook his head-“That’s not true. Lexy I was sober last night! I pretended to be hi so I could get a little sympathy but I didn’t think you could completely forgive me.”
Lexy stood up and put her arms around his waist-“Baby, you are being silly. This is a joke right? You love me, you wouldn’t hurt me like that.”
He took her arms from around his waist and pushed her away-“I don’t love you. That’s why I cheated on you, so I could get you to break up with me!”
She stood there in shock-“No, that can’t be. Nick wat about this past week. We spent all day together!”
Nick laughed cruelly-“That’s when I noticed, you were just not the girl for me. Sorry Lex but you just have to take a hint. And since you couldn’t take the hint, then I had to do it this way. I don’t love you ok! It’s over!” He walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him, Lexy sat on her bed. Heartbroken, she could literally feel her heart break with his words. She cried for a few moments, then called he girls who immediately came over to comfort her. After about an hour and half of Nick bashing, Lexy made her decision and went to see Dean. She agreed to do the movies, and go away. She figured it would be the best way, she was so in love with Nick, it would kill her to be around him with him acting like that. The next two days, Nick had avoided her completely, she avoided him too, she felt the pain every time she felt he was near. She signed the contracts make it official for her movies and cd. New Years Eve, they were at a party downtown New York, Lexy didn’t want to go, she just wanted to finish packing, she was to leave the next day. Of course, Lisa, Marley, and Toni were not gonna let her do that, so they dragged her to the party. She had an ok time, she hung out with Devon Sawa, and a few other people. Nick had brought a date, Lexy almost flipped out when she realized it was the girl from the hotel. At midnight, everyone got their kiss, and partied some more.
The next day, Lexy finished packing, and went to Dean’s room. He let her in and she sat down-“Dean, I have a proposal for Johnny. I want Marley to be my PR. I want her to go with me, ok?”
Dean nodded and called Johnny to have it all set up, Marley was excited about going with Lexy. Around 2, everyone went with Lexy to the airport...well almost everyone. Lexy sat infront on AJ and Lisa waiting to get on the plane. Lisa was crying-“I can’t believe you are leaving us, and taking Marley with you!”
Lexy forced a smiled-“Yea, I figured I would need one of you, since you won’t leave AJ. And Toni is the dancer, so I had to take her.”
They announced that her plane was boarding. Lexy stood up and hugged the other guys. She went to Toni and hugged her-“I’m gonna miss you so much! Take care of yourself ok, and don’t let Lisa and AJ get too wild! Bye hun.” She hugged Sandy and baby Emma-“Oh please take good care of her Sandy. And have fun, don’t let Nick make you babysit all the time. She’s his damn kid!” Sandy laughed and hugged her. Lexy finally went to Lisa and AJ. She hugged them-“Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. You guys are the best friends a girl could have. Please keep in touch. AJ if you hurt Lisa, I’m gonna have to come back and kick your butt!”
Lisa laughed between tears-“Oh Lexy! Please take care and call me when you get there. I’m gonna miss you so much! Are you sure you can’t stay?”
Lexy cried-“I’m sure. I have to move on, let my career take me where it wants. Far away from the drama that Nick brings.”
AJ laughed as he wiped a few tears that were falling from his eyes, then he held on to her hands, he sighed-“Ok, Lexy. I have to tell you something ok. Nick didn’t mean anything he said to you. He said what he did, just to make sure you signed the papers. He didn’t want to be the one to hold you back. So he figured the only way you would do it, was if he made you hate him.”
Lexy was shocked-“But...but...why would he do that?”
“Because I love you.”
Lexy’s stomach turned, her heart jumped to her throat, she turned around to see Nick behind her with his hands in his pockets. She walked over to him and threw her arms around his neck. He hugged her back, she felt so warm in his arms. She pulled away, tears falling down her face-“Nick, why did you do it?”
Nick ran his fingers under her eyes, to wipe the tears-“I wanted to make sure you signed the papers. Baby, I didn’t want you to miss the opportunity of a lifetime because of me.”
She shook her head as his hands cupped her face. She held on to his wrists-“NO, you weren’t holding me back. I would have been with you! That is all that mattered!”
Nick smiled-“Oh Lex, believe me. It’s better this way. Our careers would have torn us apart later on. Trust me, you will be happy.” They announced the last call for her flight, he kissed her a long passionate kiss.
She cried-“So this is it?”
He nodded-“Yes. I love you, don’t ever forget that.”
Lexy looked down, letting the tears fall to the floor-“I love you too. Goodbye Nick.” He kissed her again, then let her go, she grabbed her bag and turned around. She walked away with Marley and got on the plane.
Nick stood there staring in her direction, until she was gone and the door was closed. He let the tears fall and whispered-“Goodbye Lexy.”

***The End***
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7822