When I See You Smile by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: A.J. has a little somebody on tour with him, because he doesn't want to leave them behind while he's off travelling.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: A.J. & Tesia Series
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 15933 Read: 13687 Published: 09/22/06 Updated: 10/28/06

1. I Just Wouldn't Have A Clue by LenniluvsBrian

2. One Look At You Baby, Can Make Everything Alright by LenniluvsBrian

3. Oh, You Know I Can Do Anything by LenniluvsBrian

4. And When The Rain Is Falling by LenniluvsBrian

5. Baby, When I See You Smile At Me by LenniluvsBrian

5. I Can Face The World by LenniluvsBrian

7. I Wanna Give Up, Wanna Give In, Wanna Quit The Fight by LenniluvsBrian

8. I See A Ray Of Light....Shining Right Through The Rain by LenniluvsBrian

I Just Wouldn't Have A Clue by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Yes, I know I haven't even finished Little Sister - or technically, The Secret - but I heard this song & just had to write this fic! I blame Clay Aiken for it, seeing as he sings this song - When I See You Smile - on his new album. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else owns themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile - far as I know anyway. Thank-you.
Sometimes I wonder how I’d ever make it through
Through this world without having you
I just wouldn’t have a clue
And sometimes it seems like this world’s closing in on me
There’s no way of breaking free
And then I see you reach for me

Alexander James McLean – also known as A.J. McLean of the Backstreet Boys – sat on the couch in the room they were to have their meeting in, watching a little girl play. The little girl was his four-year-old sister, Tesia Lenore McLean. For some reason, he’d been granted permission to take him along on tour with him for a bit, though he wasn’t complaining. In fact, it was just the opposite. He was quite thrilled to have her there with him, even if she was a bit demanding – though, no more demanding than their record label and managers were.

“Careful, T.,” A.J. told her, as he saw the little girl trying to climb up onto a piece of furniture. “You don’t wanna fall.”

“I’s careful,” Tesia told him, then insisted, “I’s big girl now.”

“Yes, you are getting to be a big girl, aren’t you?” A.J. smiled, as she turned to flash him a grin. The little one had just turned four not that long ago, and was struggling to be able to speak as correctly as possible, wanting to be a big girl.

Tesia nodded in agreement, then cheered as she’d finally managed to pull herself up onto the chair. No sooner had she squirmed about and had her bottom sitting on the seat, than was she picked up off the chair and tackled with kisses.

“Hey Princess!” Kevin exclaimed grinning widely.

Tesia squealed in delight. “Evy!!!”

Kevin chuckled as her little arms tightened around his neck in a hug. “You forgot the ‘K’, Hunny. Can you say K-evy?”

“K-K-Evy. Kevy!”

“There yah go,” Kevin said proudly. “You got it.”

“Kevy! Kevy!” Tesia shouted, giggling like crazy. “My Kevy!”

“Yes, you’re Kevy, Little One,” Kevin smiled, kissing her cheek affectionately. “Always your Kevy.”

Tesia beamed, then squealed again as the other guys began to file in. “Nicky!!! Bri-Bri!!! Owie!”

“We really need to come up with something better than ‘Owie’,” Howie told her, ruffling her hair. “Otherwise, people are gonna think you’re hurt.”

“Nuh-uh,” Tesia replied, shaking her head. “You’s Owie.”

Howie shook his head in return, then took his seat, knowing their meeting was to begin soon.

Brian and Nicky said their hellos to the little one in Kevin’s arms. They then sat upon the couch with A.J., only to wrestle with one another for a bit.

A.J. chuckled. “Are we sure Tesia’s the only kid in here?”

Kevin smirked. “Well, with the way Frick ‘n’ Frack act, I’m not really sure anymore.”

Brian and Nick stuck their tongues out at the other guys in unison, then resumed their couch wrestling match.

“Ahem,” a voiced said, clearing its throat. “Let’s get started.”

Kevin sat in the chair Tesia had been climbing on, and set her in his lap. “Shh…You have to be quiet now, Hunny.”

Tesia nodded her understanding, and snuggled into Kevin, her thumb set in her mouth. She’d left her Teddy Bear over next to her brother, but knew he was safe as she could see him.

“Now, the next few days will be quite busy,” Johnny Wright told them. “We have interviews, photo shoots, press conferences, concerts, and meet ‘n’ greets.”

“Yeesh. When do we sleep?” A.J. muttered softly.

“When you’re done fulfilling your commitments,” Johnny answered. “Plus, you have to finish writing your thank-you letters for the new album. They’re due the day after tomorrow. Plus, somewhere in between all this, we have to put in practices for the shows.”

“Aw, man,” Nick whined. “That leaves no time for our Nintendo marathon.”

“What’s more important Nickolas?” Johnny snapped. “Making music, or playing some silly game system?”

“Music,” Nick squeaked, shrinking in his seat some. He hadn’t realized he’d spoken aloud.

“We do get breaks for lunch and stuff, right?” Howie checked.

“No, we’re going to starve you boys, Howard,” Johnny replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

“Well, you don’t have to be rude about it,” Kevin commented. “We’ve a right to ask questions.”

“Not stupid ones,” Johnny remarked.

“Owie nots stupids,” Tesia piped up quietly.

Johnny glared at the small girl in the eldest band member’s lap. “What’s she doing in here? Alex! I thought you were told to find a baby-sitter!”

“She’s fine,” A.J. growled. “And I can’t exactly hire somebody to watch her while we work. I want her with me at all times, if possible, anyway.”

“You’re risking your career, Alexander,” Johnny stated.

“Then so be it,” A.J. snapped. “Now, get back to running our lives.”

“We’ve a photo shoot in an hour,” Johnny continued, deciding to ride A.J. harder than the rest today, as punishment for mouthing off.

Tesia listened and watched, deciding it was best if she remained silent like Kevin had told her too. She hadn’t meant to get her brother in trouble. And now he looked upset and it was all her fault.

Kevin felt Tesia squirm, and gently set her down upon the floor, keeping an eye on her as she quickly ran for her brother.

A.J. was half-listening, half-complaining to himself, when he felt a little hand pat his leg. He looked down and couldn’t help but smile when he saw a little face staring up at him expectantly, her arms outstretched signaling she wanted to be held.

Tesia snuggled into her brother after he’d picked her up. She wanted to make him feel better, though seeing him smile made her feel better.

A.J. kissed her head, and held her close, tuning out what was being said as he leaned to whisper into her ear. “Thank-you…”

Tesia looked a bit confused, not knowing what he was thanking her for. She flashed him a smile and kissed his cheek though, as it felt right. She then grabbed up her Teddy Bear and leaned into her brother as she gave a tired yawn.

A.J. snuggled her close, trying to remember what life had been like before his sister. He sighed somewhat, as he realized he couldn’t remember. And part of him wasn’t so sure he wanted too.

One Look At You Baby, Can Make Everything Alright by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
This one's kinda short, but still good. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
Sometimes I wanna give up, wanna give in, wanna quit the fight
Then one look at you baby, can make everything alright
Make everything alright

“I’ve had it!” A.J. yelled storming to the back of the tour bus they all shared. “I’m sick and tired of them telling me what to do and how to act! I’m nineteen years-old, dammit!”

“Alex, calm down,” Howie told him. “You’re going to wake Tesia.”

“I - ” A.J. paused a moment, then spoke again, but without the shouting. “I’m about ready to up and quit and go home, D. They had the nerve to tell me off for having Tesia on tour with us. They then had the nerve to tell me to ship her home or I’m out of the group. Well, newsflash! I’ll quit before I send her home! I will!”

“Alex, don’t go acting on anger,” Howie said gently. “Wait until you’ve calmed down, then think about it rationally. I know you’re impulsive and all, but don’t go making any rash decisions while angry. It won’t do anybody – especially you or Tesia – any good.”

A.J. sighed, running a hand over his face as he flopped down onto the couch in the back. “I’m just so sick of this D. I mean, I love the music, I love the fans, I love to perform. But I’m sick of being told what to do twenty-four/seven and am sick of being told to send my little sister home. I mean, they let Nick have Aaron tag along, so why not Tesia?”

Howie sat next to his friend, patting his leg. “Because Aaron is a boy and is making them money. He also has his mother or father with him when he’s around to keep an eye on him. Nick isn’t the one watching him.”

“So it’s my fault my mother doesn’t tour with us to watch over a kid that’s not even hers?”

“Would you prefer your father or step-mother tagged along?”

“Hell no,” A.J. snapped. “I’d rather shave myself bald and walk on hot coals before that happened.”

“Well then?”

“But she’s not Mom’s responsibility. She’s mine,” A.J. pointed out. “I said I’d look after her and keep her safe and all that. It’s my job, Howie.” Howie sighed. “Then I don’t know what else to tell you, Alex. But I’m sure if you asked him too, that Marcus would gladly keep an eye on her like he has before. You know how much he adores her and her him. And it’s not like he ever goes far from you anyway, as it is his job to protect you.”

“I know, I know,” A.J. said, sighing heavily. “I just don’t want to share her. I don’t want to pawn her off on anybody either.”

“Alex, you’re already sharing her. Every times she runs off for Kevin, you’re sharing her,” Howie pointed out. “And you’re not pawning her off on anybody. We all love to be around her, so long as she’s behaving. And you know she’ll listen to Marcus, because she knows he’s not afraid to spank her bottom should she need it.”

A.J. nodded. “True. I think he’s the only one who’s the guts too. The rest of us are too soft,” he chuckled a bit. “But she’s just too damned cute.”

Howie smiled. “Don’t I know it.” He stood then, getting up to head for the bathroom. “Now, relax Alex. You need it. Besides, we’ve a long ride ahead of us anyway.”

A.J. nodded again. “Alright. Thanks D.”

“Anytime,” Howie replied, steadying himself after being jerked forward when the bus started to move again.

A.J. got up and headed towards the bunk area where he knew Tesia was sleeping. He pulled a curtain back and smiled as he stood there watching her sleep. She was an angel - his angel – and he’d do everything he could to keep her with him, as well as safe from harm.

Tesia stirred slightly as she felt someone lie down next to her. She cracked an eye open slightly, smiling sleepily when she realized it was her brother. “You gonna naps too, J.?”

“Yes, Baby,” A.J. smiled back. “I’m going to nap too. Go back to sleep, Hunny.”

Tesia nodded, closing her eyes once more as she rolled atop him to sleep on his chest like always.

A.J. rubbed her back as she lay upon his chest with her Teddy Bear clutched tightly in one hand, and him in the other. He stared up at the ceiling of the bunk after closing the curtain once more.

“Sings…” Tesia mumbled tiredly.

A.J. though a moment, then obliged her request. “‘Cause I’m holding on, with a love so strong. And I can’t face the day without you by my side….Girl don’t stop, the sun from shining down on me. ‘Cause I can’t take another day without your smile. Oh, your pretty smile….”

Oh, You Know I Can Do Anything by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Here's more! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile at me

“Phew! I’m exhausted!” Brian exclaimed, as him and the other four Boys left the stage they had just finished rehearsing on. They were taking a break, as they were hungry & about to collapse, as they’d had to go over a few of the routines more than once.

“I’m starved!” Nick’s voice rang out, as he made a mad dash for where they’d a table of food set up.

Howie towel dried his face, then followed the youngest member over to the food line-up, wanting to get some food soon as well.

Kevin chuckled, shaking his head. “Always about food and sleep,” he commented to his cousin and the groups’ rebel.

“Well, we’d best get some before they eat it all, don’t yah think?” A.J. said, stooping to scoop Tesia up. She’d been standing at his feet, yanking on his pant leg. “Hungry, T.?”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded. “Wan’ burgers! Please!”

“Um…we’ll see what’s there, Hunny,” A.J. told her, carrying her over to the table. “Hey, look, they have hot dogs and pizza.”

“Yummy!” Tesia clapped, forgetting about her burger request. “Hot dog please J.!”

A.J. kissed the side of her head. “Sure Hunny. Bun or no bun?”

“Bun!”

“Want anything on it?”

“Ketchups!”

“Of course,” A.J. smiled. “Want mustard too?”

“Nuh-uh,” Tesia shook her head. “Pickle.”

“Ah, a pickle. Good choice, Babe.”

Tesia giggled, then looked back to beam at Kevin who was behind them. “You have hot dog an’ pickle too?”

“Sure, why not?” Kevin shrugged, grabbing up a hot dog and pickle. He also put some ketchup on his, so they’d have the same. “How’s that?”

Tesia just smiled as she was set down to eat her dinner. She sat upon the floor out of the way, munching on her hot dog and chips quietly, as she was thinking about something.

“J.? We play now?”

A.J. sighed. “I don’t think we can, T. We still hafta practice some more.”

“O’tay…” Tesia said sadly. She’d wanted to play with her brother.

A little bit later, Tesia had finished her meal and decided to sneak off. She wanted to do what she’d been told not to do all day long. She wanted to play onstage and sing and dance just like her brother.

A.J. looked up a few minutes later, not having had seen Tesia up and leave the room. “Hey, has anybody seen Tesia?”

“She was here a minute ago,” Brian answered. “I doubt she went far though, Aje.”

A.J. quickly tossed his plate into the trash and went off in search of his little sister. She knew better than to wander off, but yet she still had anyway. He was definitely going to give her, a stern talking to this time. He paused a moment though, when he thought he heard singing.

Tesia had wandered out onto the stage and with some help from Marcus, had been able to commandeer a microphone. She turned it on with his help, and began to sing into it, wanting to be just like her brother – her hero.

Marcus smiled as he watched the little girl sing into the microphone, noticing just how happy it seemed to make her.

A.J. stood backstage watching Tesia sing her heart out. Though she was only four, hearing her sing made him the happiest he’d ever been. He waited until she’d finished before walking out and joining her onstage. “Hey T… Whatcha singin’?”

Tesia whirled about, startled, dropping the microphone. “Hi….” She said tentatively.

A.J. flashed her a warm smile. “Want some music to go with it? And maybe some dancing?”

“Yeah!” Tesia exclaimed, nodding like crazy. “Backseat’s Back!”

A.J. chuckled. “Well, I guess we can sing Backseat’s Back.”

“Yay!” Tesia cheered, literally jumping for joy.

A.J. hollered for the band, whom all came scurrying out to see what he wanted. He made his request and they all nodded, agreeing to oblige for the small child who stood onstage, microphone in hand.

“Baby, let’s get you a better mic, so you can dance, okay?” A.J. suggested.

“O’tay!” Tesia grinned.

A.J. placed the microphone back on its stand, then grabbed one of the head mics and adjusted it so that it would fit her just right. “There we go. Now, can you do this?”

Tesia watched as her brother did the dance moves for the middle part of the song. “Uh-huh,” she nodded, then copied him as best she could.

“Close enough,” A.J. laughed. “Alright. One, two, three, Go!”

The band began to play, which drew everybody to the stage out of curiosity. All smiling when hey saw just why the band had gone back to work long before they had too.

“Evybody. Rock yer body. Evybody. Rock yer body wight. Backseat’s Back, alwight!” Tesia sang as she danced along.

A.J. shrugged and soon joined in on the dancing, feeling himself grin like a crazed lunatic.

A light suddenly shone down on the two then, as one sang and they both danced. It was quite the sight to see, brother and baby sister hogging the stage and loving every minute of it.

When the song ended, Tesia turned and smiled widely up at her big brother. “Tank-you, J.!” She squealed, running and jumping into his awaiting arms. She smothered him with exuberant kisses. “That fun!”

A.J. smiled back at her, loving to see the little grin that was identical to his own. “You’re welcome, Hunny.”

“Alright, who’s ready to get back to work?” Fatima asked, clapping her hands as she came out to the stage. “We’ve still a lot of work to do, boys.”

She was met by grumbling from all but the one holding the small child in his arms.

“I’m ready,” A.J. answered, though he was still looking at his sister, whom was still smiling happily at him. “I can do anything now…”

And When The Rain Is Falling by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Here y'all go. This better last yah a couple days. I didn't get a chance to nor feel like writing today. And tomorrow I might not get a chance to write either; stuck vaccuuming the house (as per usual *glares*) & doing people's laundry. Anyways...Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
Baby there’s nothing in this world that could ever do
What the touch of your hands can do
It’s like nothing that I’ve ever knew
And when the rain is falling, I don’t feel it
‘Cause you’re here with me
And one look at you baby is all I’ll ever need
Is all I’ll ever need

The Backstreet bus pulled up to yet another motel, just as it started to rain. It was late afternoon, and by some miracle they were off the rest of the night. How they’d scored that they didn’t know, nor did they really care. All that mattered was that they’d finally gotten the break they so deserved.

“Man, I was hoping we’d beat the rain,” Nick whined somewhat. “Now my Nintendo is gonna get all wet.”

“Put it in a plastic bag or your suitcase, Frack,” Brian told him. “That should keep it dry until we get in there.”

Nick nodded and did as suggested, wanting to hurry and get inside to play his beloved games. “We’re still having our marathon, right Frick?”

“Yes, Frack,” Brian answered, grabbing up his duffel bag. “I don’t break my promises, if I can help it.”

Nick flashed his best friend as grin as he grabbed up his stuff and they headed for the bus doors. They both paused on the steps, as they watched the sight before them, both giggling at it.

“Hey, guys!” Brian called. “Y’all better come see this!”

Two came to see what the two were giggling about, and smiled themselves at the sight.

“Well, will you look at that,” Kevin commented, as he watched in amusement.

Howie just laughed as he peered out the bus window at the two outside in the rain. “I knew he was a softie when it came to her, but I never thought he’d be this much of a softie.


A.J. had been getting ready to head into the motel when he’d noticed his sister was missing and had gone looking for her. Imagine his surprise when he found her outside in the parking lot next to the bus playing in the rain.

“That girl,” he muttered. “She’s going to give me gray hair long before I’m due.”

He stepped off the bus hearing her giggles and squeals of delight long before he even neared her. She was running about and twirling around in circles with her tongue hanging out.

“Tesia,” he spoke, watching her immediately come to a halt.

Tesia heard her brother and froze. She knew she wasn’t to ever get off the bus without one of them, and yet she had. She slowly turned to look at him as her hands immediately went to cover her bottom.

“What are you doing?” A.J. asked calmly, not wanting to scare her any. Though, he hadn’t missed her hands moving to try and cover her bottom.

“Playin’…” Tesia replied softly.

“Are you s’pose to be out here alone?”

Tesia shook her head, her eyes starting to well up with tears, as she figured she was in big trouble.

A.J. sighed, and finally gave into the smile that wanted to escape his lips. “Are you a puppy now?”

Tesia cocked her head to the side, looking up at him confused.

“Well, you were running about with your tongue out,” A.J. reminded her. “Don’t puppies do that? Run with their tongues out.”

Tesia smiled some now. “I’s eatin’ da rain.”

“Ah, eating the rain,” A.J. repeated, nodding. “Does it taste good?”

Tesia giggled and ran over to him. “Wanna plays J.?”

“Play what? Puppies?”

Tesia giggled even more. “Uh-huh.”

A.J. scooped her up and playfully blew raspberries on her tummy, listening to her squeal with laughter. “Sure thing, Babe.”

Tesia took off running the moment he’d set her back down upon the ground. She was giggling uncontrollably as her brother chased her about in the rain.

A.J. laughed maniacally as he chased the little girl around their section of parking lot, completely oblivious to the fact that they were being watched.

“Gotcha!” He exclaimed, grabbing her up off the ground quick, then setting her down again. “You’re it!”

Tesia quickly turned and began to chase her brother. “Rawr!”

A.J. laughed. “Rawr? Are you a lion now, T.?”

Tesia replied with another roar. “Rawr!”

“Ahhh!” A.J. yelled playfully as he ran from her, though he didn’t run all that fast.

Tesia finally caught up to him, tackling his legs and latching on tight.

A.J. scooped her up once more laughing. He stuck his tongue out at her, and she did the same back. “Let’s eat some rain, shall we?”

Tesia nodded through her giggles.

The four Boys still on the bus watched as A.J. spun both of them in circles, their tongues hanging out trying to catch the falling rain drops.

“They’re going to catch pneumonia,” Kevin stated finally. “Let’s head in fellas.”

The other three all grumbled a bit, but then ran out into the rain, quickly heading for the front entrance.

“Alex! C’mon!” Howie called out to his crazy friend. “You’re getting wet!”

“Am I?” A.J. said, looking perplexed. He’d been so busy playing with Tesia, he’d almost forgotten it was raining, though they were ‘eating’ it at the moment. “I don’t feel it.”

“You don’t feel your clothes sticking to your body yet?” Brian chuckled. “C’mon Bone. Y’all are soaked.”

Kevin came out of the bus then, carrying his bag as well as A.J.’s and Tesia’s. “C’mon you two. Get inside before you catch your death.”

“Aww, Kev,” A.J. whined playfully, making the little one giggled which caused him to smile wide. “We’re just eatin’ us some rain.”

“More like the rain’s eating you,” Kevin replied. “Now, get inside Alex. She’s going to get sick if you don’t.”

“Sure, ruin our fun,” A.J. told him, as he headed for the door with a now pouting child.

“Buts J.!” Tesia whined. “We’s playin’ doggies!”

“Kevin’s being a meanie, Hunny,” A.J. replied. “So we hafta go inside.”

Tesia cast Kevin a cold glare, now angry with him, though her eyes were starting to get teary. “Meanie!”

Kevin sighed, shaking his head. He didn’t want her mad at him, but he also didn’t want for her to catch cold. He followed the others all upstairs to their rooms after they’d gotten the keys.

“Finally!” Howie exclaimed as they reached their floor. “I get a room to myself!”

Brian and Nick both grinned. “We’re off to play Nintendo in our room!”

A.J. rolled his eyes, as he realized Kevin was going to be bunking with him and Tesia again.

Howie disappeared into his room, as Brian and Nick disappeared into theirs.

Kevin unlocked the door for them, then went in and tossed their bags onto the floor, not wanting to get the beds wet. “You better get out of those wet clothes, Alex.”

“Yes, dad,” A.J. replied sarcastically.

Kevin gave him a Look. “You can’t afford to get sick, and I don’t think you want Tesia to get sick either.”

“Whatever,” A.J. waved him off.

“Alex,” Kevin said warily.

“Kevin, I’m not a little kid! I can take care of myself!”

“Then at least take care of your sister!” Kevin snapped, seeing Tesia squirm down and run off. “If she doesn’t get dry, she’s going to get sick!”

“I’m not stupid Kevin!” A.J. growled. “I know enough to get her dry!”

“Then why don’t you shut-up and go do that?”

“Why don’t you just shut-up!”

Tesia had run off to grab her Teddy Bear, though she was now getting him wet seeing as she was soaked. She heard the two she loved best arguing and started to cry softly, though neither of them heard her.

A.J. and Kevin continued to argue, until they heard a lone wail and A.J. felt someone grab hold of his pant leg. Both men looked down, their hearts breaking at the sight.

“Hunny, what’s wrong?” A.J. asked, immediately crouching down to her height.

“You’s fightin’!” Tesia wailed. Fighting scared her, as it was all her parents ever seemed to do. And usually when they fought, if she was near, her mother would spank her, even if she hadn’t done anything wrong. Though, her Daddy would snuggle her later and bring her cookies and chocolate milk to make her feel better.

Kevin crouched down, and reached over to move her wet hair from her face. “Hunny, we didn’t mean to scare you.”

Tesia clung tightly to her Teddy Bear as she sobbed.

A.J. scooped her up into his lap as he maneuvered to sit on the floor, Kevin across form him now also sitting cross-legged. “Shh…It’s okay, Baby.”

Tesia hiccupped as she snuggled close, burying her face half into him and half into her Teddy Bear.

A.J. rocked her a bit, but frowned when he felt her shudder. “Let’s get you out of these wet clothes, T.”

Kevin quickly took Tesia from her brother. “I’ll get her undressed. You get out of those wet clothes yourself.”

A.J. went to argue, but stopped when he saw the look on Kevin’s face. Instead, he nodded and stripped down to his boxers.

Kevin got Tesia undressed completely and wrapped her up in a towel that happened to be lying on one of the beds. He snuggled her close until her brother was in nothing but his underwear, then passed her back to him.

Tesia snuggled into her brother once more, having calmed down some while being undressed.

A.J. kissed her head. “Let’s get you into the tub, Hunny.”

“Duckie,” Tesia mumbled softly, as she was lifted up as her brother stood.

“Kev, can you bring him in while I run her a bath?”

“Sure,” Kevin nodded, also getting up now.

“Thanks,” A.J. smiled, taking Tesia into the bathroom to get her into a warm bath.

Kevin entered the bathroom a few minutes later, smiling as he saw the little one splashing about in the tub filled with bubbles.

“Enough bubbles, Alex?” He asked, handing Tesia her rubber duck.

A.J. chuckled. “Well, the bottle kinda slipped Kev. ‘Sides, makes her happy.”

“I can wash her, if you wanna go steal somebody’s shower to get yourself warmed up,” Kevin offered.

“Eh. I’ll risk it,” A.J. shrugged.

“Comes in J.!” Tesia insisted, wanting him to come in and play.

A.J. glanced at Kevin. “Is that allowed?”

“Well, it’s not like you’re naked,” Kevin told him. “And she is still just a baby.”

A.J. shrugged, then gave Tesia smile. “Alight. Move over, T.”

Tesia cheered and quickly moved so that her brother could get in.

A.J. sighed as he felt the warmth hit his body. “Ah…”

Tesia giggled and tackled him carefully, leaning on him now, since she was standing.

“Hey, hey, no standing silly,” A.J. chuckled, kissing her forehead and giving her a quick squeeze.

Tesia immediately sat back down and began to play once more.

Kevin chuckled as he watched the two, play with the bubbles in the tub. “Yanno, I’m not sure who the kid is now. You’re both covered in bubbles.”

“Ah, shaddup,” A.J. told him.

Tesia giggled as they played, eventually allowing her brother to wash her and hand her over to Kevin, so he could enjoy the tub a little longer.

Kevin scooped the little one up, wrapping her in the fluffy white towel once more. “C’mon Hunny. Let’s go get you into some clothes.”

“Kay,” Tesia agreed, snuggling into him.

“I’ll toss some in for you if you want. Alex.”

“Thanks,” A.J. said. “Now, git! So I can shower.”

Kevin chuckled, shaking his head as he carried Tesia out of the bathroom. He got her dressed in some warm flannel pajamas, then tossed some pants and boxers into the bathroom for A.J.

“Thanks!” A.J. called out, over the roar of the shower.

Kevin shook his head, then flopped down on the bed that he’d left Tesia upon.

Tesia immediately climbed atop Kevin and smiled down at him, giggling as he tickled her sides.

A.J. emerged from the bathroom minutes later, only to find Kevin and Tesia tickling one another as they lay upon the one bed.

“Hey, isn’t somebody s’pose to be asleep?”

“Nah,” Kevin laughed. “I’m wide awake.”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “Not you, you doofus. I meant the little one giggling like a lunatic.”

“Comes lie withs us, J.!” Tesia insisted. “Please!”

“Alright, alright. You’ve twisted my leg,” A.J. smiled, going over and flopping down next to Kevin.

Tesia peered down at her brother, as she remained atop Kevin’s chest, sitting there giggling. “You’s clean?”

“Yes, I’m clean,” A.J. replied, smiling. “C’mere, Hunny.”

Tesia immediately switched to her brother’s chest, patting it as she sat there. “You’s my brudder.”

“Yes, I’m your brother,” A.J. agreed.

“Kevy mine too,” Tesia informed him. “I’s a marry Kevy.”

A.J. laughed, as Kevin choked. “What’s wrong, Kev? Girls your age aren’t good enough?”

“Shaddup,” Kevin told him.

“Time to go to sleep, Baby,” A.J. said finally, running his fingers through her hair. “You look sleepy.”

“I’s am,” Tesia admitted, flopping forwards on him to lie down, ignoring his ‘oof’ of protest. She snuggled into him, calming down immediately as he rubbed her back and patted her bottom gently every so often.

Kevin smiled at the two. He knew they loved one another, but he was always amazed by just how much.

“Sings please….”

Both Kevin and A.J. eyed one another then began to sing softly, as Tesia began to doze upon her brother’s chest.

“If I don’t have you, to hold onto, I can’t go on in this world alone. Baby it’s true, if I don’t have you. If you said good-bye, Girl I would die. I’m a star with no light, a day with no night, if I don’t have you…”

A.J. stared down at her as they sang, knowing she was all he’d ever need, if he could have nothing else in life.

Baby, When I See You Smile At Me by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
This one was actually written already, I just wanted to write the one after it first, before posting. Same will happen with the next chapter. And only two more to go until it's finished! Yay! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & anybody associated with them own themselves. Song is When I See You smile by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!
When I see you smile
I can face the world
You know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile at me

The Backstreet Boys had decided upon a trip to the mall, seeing as they all hadn’t been in quite some time. They’re busy schedules kept them from taking trips to the mall, and fans just made it even harder. But today, they had a day off and had all agreed they needed things from certain stores, so a trip to the mall was definitely in order.

“Remember, Tesia,” A.J. began, as he carried the little girl into the huge building. “You stay close and don’t let go of our hands, okay?”

Tesia nodded eagerly, squirming to get down so she could hold their hands. As much as she loved to be carried, she really wanted to walk for a change.

A.J. set her down upon the floor and immediately took hold of her hand, smiling when he saw her grab hold of Kevin’s as well.

“Alrighty then,” Brian said, feigning hurt but flashing her, a grin when he saw the little one frown. “I’m going to steal Frack away from y’all. We desperately need a new basketball.”

“And that takes two of you?” Kevin replied, raising his eyebrows at them.

Nick gave him an innocent look, nudging Brian to do the same. “Yes, Dad; it takes two.”

“Oh, it takes two, baby. It takes two. Just me and you,” Brian sang, as Nick joined in.

“It takes two, baby. It takes two. To make a dream come true,” Nick grinned as he sang along.

Kevin shook his head as Frick ‘n’ Frack took off giggling as they ran, dodging people in hopes of out running their security guards making a mad dash after them.

“Yo, D!” A.J. called to his best friend. “Where are you goin’?”

“I’m going to see if I can find my Mom that elephant she’s been looking for,” Howie answered. “Why don’t you guys take Tesia to get some new clothes? I swear she’s growing like a weed!”

Tesia giggled. “I’ma weed, J!”

A.J. chuckled. “Yeah, we’re takin’ the little weed to get some clothes.”

Howie waved, smiling as he walked off in search of his Mom’s gift that he had promised to try and find for her.

“Which store first, Alex?” Kevin wanted to know, not sure where the younger man wanted to start.

“Let’s let T. decide,” A.J. answered. “Hey, Baby Weed, where do yah wanna go?”

Tesia grinned widely up at him. “Toys!”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “Toys are later, Hunny. What clothes do you wanna look at?”

“Ats!” Tesia declared.

“Hats. Good choice, Babe,” A.J. grinned, as he heard Kevin chuckle.

“You two are too much alike,” Kevin confirmed.

“Yeah, but that’s why you love us,” A.J. smirked, as Tesia dragged them into a clothing store.

“Kevy loves me da mostest!” Tesia declared.

“Yeah, I’m sure he does,” A.J. agreed, not daring to look at Kevin right then.

Kevin frowned slightly. “Alex, I love you both the same.”

“Pfft. And I love Nick as much as I love the little weed here,” A.J. scoffed.

“I’m sure he’d be glad to know that,” Kevin stated, raising his eyebrows as he smirked.

“Shaddup,” A.J. told him. “Just because he’s a close second don’t mean a damn thing.”

“Damn?” Tesia chirped.

A.J.’s head snapped down in her direction. “Shh. Don’t repeat that T.”

“O’tay,” Tesia shrugged, letting go of her brother’s hand to check an article of clothing out. The hats were in the back and they were in the middle of the store.

A.J. glanced to make sure she still had a hold of Kevin, then went back to eyeing the older man warily. “Not a word, Kev.”

“My lips are sealed,” Kevin assured him.

“Whatcha lookin’ at, T.?”

“Mickey!” Tesia squealed, yanking the shirt down off the hanger. She then attempted to remove the shirt she was currently wearing to put the Mickey one on.

“Whoa! Whoa! Hold up there!” A.J. exclaimed, yanking her shirt back down. “You don’t strip in the middle of the store, Baby T.!”

“No strips?” Tesia repeated.

“No,” A.J. replied, taking the Mickey shirt from her. “We carry this around until we have enough to go try on, and then we go to the change rooms, silly.”

“O’tay,” Tesia shrugged, leading the way to the next article of clothing she wanted to see.

A.J. made sure he had her size in the Mickey shirt, before following her and Kevin further into the store. He was starting to get the feeling she was going to be a handful today; especially since she’d given him a hard time about her car seat on the way over. They couldn’t exactly bring the bus to the mall; the bus would attract way too much attention.

Eventually, Tesia had enough to try on and they made their way to the change rooms. A lady let A.J. and Tesia into one, and A.J. stayed crouched in the doorway while Tesia changed into the clothes to try them on. He was there to help her if she needed it, as she was still learning how to dress herself and sometimes got stuck.

A.J. chuckled softly, as he helped Tesia yank the shirt down over her head. “Whatcha think, T.?”

Tesia looked at herself in the mirror and cocked her head to the side. “Kevy!” She called. “Kevy!”

Kevin came and stood behind A.J., looming in the doorway. “Yes, Hunny?”

“I’s pwetty?” Tesia wanted to know, looking up at him.

“Yes, you’re pretty,” Kevin smiled.

Tesia smiled back and nodded to her brother. “I’s gets dis one, J.”

A.J. nodded. “Okay.” He shooed Kevin out, at her insistence, then helped her into the next outfit.

“Kevy!” Tesia called again. “Kevy! I’s pwetty now?”

Kevin came to stand in the doorway once more, smiling down at the little one who kept insisting he be the judge of her clothing. “Very pretty, Baby. You’re the prettiest little girl in the whole mall.”

“Weally?” Tesia asked skeptically, her eyes shining though.

“Really,” Kevin nodded. “Nobody could ever look as pretty as you in that dress.”

Tesia’s whole face lit up at that. She was wearing a little yellow sundress that had frilly lace along the seams. “Wan’ dis one J.!”

“Alright, T.,” A.J. agreed. “Let’s get you into your old clothes, so we can go look at the hats now.”

“Ats!” Tesia shrieked, trying to help him hurry up the process.

Kevin shook his head as he headed on back to where the hats where to check them all out. He found one he liked best, and waited for his little princess to come and join him once more.

Tesia squirmed out of her brother’s grasp and hightailed it straight for Kevin, never once stopping until she had reached him.

“Tesia!” A.J. exclaimed, as he quickly reached the two. “What did I tell you about taking off?”

Tesia shrunk some, glancing up at her brother, her hands automatically covering her bottom. “I’s sorwy.”

“You’d better be,” A.J. told her. “You don’t run off like that. You keep hold of somebody’s hand, or you’ll be in trouble, Little Miss.”

Tesia quietly and tearfully slipped her small hand into Kevin’s large one.

Kevin crouched down as he gently plopped the hat he was holding onto her head. “What do you think, Baby?”

Tesia sniffled, then peeked into a nearby mirror. “Mine.”

Kevin smiled softly, kissing her cheek. “Yes, Tesia; it’s yours.”

Tesia gave him a grateful smile, then wrapped her arms about his neck in a hug.

Kevin stood, taking her with him, and hugging her close. “What do you say we get your mean old brother to pay, then go look at some toys?”

“Yeah!” Tesia cheered. “Toys!”

A.J. shot Kevin an annoyed Look, not happy that the older man of all people was trying to undermine his authority.

Kevin just smiled and led the way to the check-out counter, where they paid for her things then left the store.

Tesia squirmed down again, taking hold of both their hands once more, as she babbled away happily.

The three of them walked through the mall, stopping to browse or buy an item every so often. Soon enough, they met up with the other three and headed on towards the toy store. On the way there they passed a pet shop, one that intrigued Tesia as there were dachshund puppies in the window.

“J!” Tesia exclaimed, though she couldn’t be heard as the Boys were all chatting with one another. “J!” She called again, trying to yank on his hand, as she became annoyed with being ignored.

Neither A.J. nor Kevin felt the little girl yank her hands free from theirs. None of the five walking saw the little one turn and run back towards the pet store. Nobody noticed a thing until much later, when they’d finally reached the toy store.

“Here we are, T.,” A.J. said smiling, though his smile left his face when he looked down and saw that his little sister was gone. “Tesia!?!?”

Four heads immediately snapped to look where the little one should’ve been. Four gasps of surprise were heard moments later, when they too realized that she was now gone.

“Where’d she go?” Nick asked, looking confused.

“I don’t know!” A.J. exclaimed. “I thought she was still holding onto Kevin!”

“I thought she was holding onto you!” Kevin responded.

“Shit!” A.J. cursed. “What if something happened to her? What if somebody’s taken her and left the mall? What if she’s hurt? What if…!”

“Alex, calm down,” Howie instructed. “Let’s back track and see if we can spot her along the way. I’m sure she isn’t too far away, okay?”

“Yeah,” Brian agreed. “She probably just spotted something and let go to check it out.”

A.J. quickly turned on his heel and practically ran back the way they’d just come, a frantic look upon his face. “Tesia!...Tesia!”

The other four quickly took off after their friend, all very worried that something had happened to the small child.

Meanwhile, Tesia stood watching the puppies, completely unaware that her brother was in a panic trying to find her. She was also oblivious to the fact that a security guard stood nearby keeping an eye on her.

Tesia giggled as the puppies yapped excitedly and tumbled over one another, highly amusing her. “J!” She called out, turning around to point them out to her brother, so he could see them too. “J!”

The security guard secretly keeping an eye on her, watched as her face puckered up and she began to wail.

“JAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!” Tesia wailed, sobbing loudly. She wanted her brother! And she wanted him now!

The security guard took pity on her, and quickly made his way over, crouching down before the sobbing child. “Tesia…”

Tesia looked up, blinking back her very real crocodile tears. “Marcus!”

“What are you doing here?”

“Puppies,” Tesia answered, sniffling as she pointed behind her.

“Are you supposed to be alone?”

Tesia shook her head, her lower lip trembling some more, as she reached back to protect her bottom.

“You shouldn’t ever let go of your brother or Kevin, Tesia,” Marcus told her sternly. “Even though they’re not here at the moment, I know that you’ve scared them very badly.”

“I’s sorwy,” Tesia whimpered. “No scares J.”

Marcus sighed. “Well, you have, Tesia.”

Tesia started to cry again, as she knew her brother was going to be angry with her. Maybe even Kevin would be angry this time too.

Marcus picked the crying little girl up into his strong, protective arms, and rocked her a bit. “Shh…you’ll be okay.”

Tesia hiccupped into his shoulder some, as she buried her face into him. “Wan’ J!”

“Yes, I know that you do,” Marcus answered, starting to walk towards where he knew the toy store was.

The Boys were frantically running about, in search of Tesia, when suddenly they spotted her.

“Alex! There she is!” Kevin yelled. “Look!”

A.J. looked to where Kevin was pointing and gave the biggest sigh of relief in his life. He was greatly relieved to see that Marcus, his security guard and trusted friend, had her safely tucked in his arms.

“Tesia!” A.J. shouted, running towards the two of them at top speed.

Tesia’s head snapped up. “J!”

A.J. quickly reached them and plucked his little sister from Marcus’ arms. He hugged her tightly, kissing her face all over. “Thank God you’re okay!”

Tesia hugged him back tightly in return. “I’s misses you!”

“Where were you?” A.J. demanded, now feeling the angry part of him take over. “I told you not to let go!”

Tesia’s lower lip trembled, as she saw how mad her brother looked. “I’s sorwy…”

“Puppies,” Marcus answered for her. “She was in front of the pet store.”

A.J. sighed heavily, as he sat down on a nearby bench with her in his lap. “Tesia, why?”

“You no listens,” Tesia whispered softly. “I’s shows you puppies.”

“Next time, don’t let go Tesia, or I will for sure spank you,” A.J. said sternly. “As for your punishment, you’ll be getting no new toys today.”

“No ‘pankin’?” Tesia double-checked.

“No,” A.J. replied. “But next time, you’d better run, ‘cause if I get a hold of you, your bottom will be slapped, Tesia.”

Tesia sniffled as she buried her face into her brother’s chest. “I’s sorwy! I’s be goods!”

“I hope so,” A.J. told her, cuddling her close as the other four caught up to where he sat. “Let’s go fellas; if you’re done and all.”

“We’re done,” they chorused.

Later on after Tesia had been laid down for a nap, A.J. re-entered the living room area of the bus, only to find three guilty looking parties.

“Whatcha all do now?” He sighed, sitting down on the couch.

Brian sheepishly held up a colouring book and crayons. “She needed these, Bone. She’d been askin’ me all week for some, so we could colour.”

“Nick?”

Nick’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink, as he held up Mickey’s Pop ‘n’ Magic. “She likes games, A.J. I got her this so she’ll stop stealing my game boy.”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “D?”

Howie shrugged, holding up a Donald Duck puzzle. “She needs something to occupy her while we practice.”

“That’s what her Teddy Bear and dolls are for,” A.J. told him. “Kevin?”

“Hey, I was with you, remember?” Kevin reminded him. “Only thing I – well, you – bought her was the hat.”

A.J. shook his head. “Y’all spoil her too much.”

“We do? Who bought her the books, Bone?” Brian countered, having known for a fact that A.J. had sent Marcus to get her some new books.

“Alright, alright,” A.J. groaned. “I was sick of the same old stories. She desperately needed new ones, or I was gonna go crazy.”

The other four laughed, A.J. joining in a moment later. It was during their laughter, that they all spotted the little one standing in the doorway, wiping her tear-filled eyes.

“What’s wrong, T.?” A.J. asked worriedly, reaching his arms out toward her.

Tesia ran into her brother’s arms, snuggling in soon as he set her upon his lap. “You lefts!” She accused.

“Sorry, Baby,” A.J. apologized, hugging her tightly to him. “I won’t do it again.”

“Pwomise?” Tesia asked, looking up at him with worried eyes.

“Promise,” A.J. assured her, kissing her nose, which caused her to smile.

Tesia grinned up at her brother, then snuggled back into him, hugging her Teddy Bear close as she closed her eyes once more.

A.J. hummed softly, knowing he loved to see her smile more than anything. Even if she was naughty at times, he still loved to see her smile and to hear her contagious giggle. He rocked her until he heard her snore, then resumed conversation with the other guys; though, he made sure they didn’t wake her as they talked, as he knew how cranky she could get without a nap.

I Can Face The World by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
This one was actually written already, I just wanted to write the one after it first, before posting. Same will happen with the next chapter. And only two more to go until it's finished! Yay! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & anybody associated with them own themselves. Song is When I See You smile by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!
When I see you smile
I can face the world
You know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile at me

The Backstreet Boys had decided upon a trip to the mall, seeing as they all hadn’t been in quite some time. They’re busy schedules kept them from taking trips to the mall, and fans just made it even harder. But today, they had a day off and had all agreed they needed things from certain stores, so a trip to the mall was definitely in order.

“Remember, Tesia,” A.J. began, as he carried the little girl into the huge building. “You stay close and don’t let go of our hands, okay?”

Tesia nodded eagerly, squirming to get down so she could hold their hands. As much as she loved to be carried, she really wanted to walk for a change.

A.J. set her down upon the floor and immediately took hold of her hand, smiling when he saw her grab hold of Kevin’s as well.

“Alrighty then,” Brian said, feigning hurt but flashing her, a grin when he saw the little one frown. “I’m going to steal Frack away from y’all. We desperately need a new basketball.”

“And that takes two of you?” Kevin replied, raising his eyebrows at them.

Nick gave him an innocent look, nudging Brian to do the same. “Yes, Dad; it takes two.”

“Oh, it takes two, baby. It takes two. Just me and you,” Brian sang, as Nick joined in.

“It takes two, baby. It takes two. To make a dream come true,” Nick grinned as he sang along.

Kevin shook his head as Frick ‘n’ Frack took off giggling as they ran, dodging people in hopes of out running their security guards making a mad dash after them.

“Yo, D!” A.J. called to his best friend. “Where are you goin’?”

“I’m going to see if I can find my Mom that elephant she’s been looking for,” Howie answered. “Why don’t you guys take Tesia to get some new clothes? I swear she’s growing like a weed!”

Tesia giggled. “I’ma weed, J!”

A.J. chuckled. “Yeah, we’re takin’ the little weed to get some clothes.”

Howie waved, smiling as he walked off in search of his Mom’s gift that he had promised to try and find for her.

“Which store first, Alex?” Kevin wanted to know, not sure where the younger man wanted to start.

“Let’s let T. decide,” A.J. answered. “Hey, Baby Weed, where do yah wanna go?”

Tesia grinned widely up at him. “Toys!”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “Toys are later, Hunny. What clothes do you wanna look at?”

“Ats!” Tesia declared.

“Hats. Good choice, Babe,” A.J. grinned, as he heard Kevin chuckle.

“You two are too much alike,” Kevin confirmed.

“Yeah, but that’s why you love us,” A.J. smirked, as Tesia dragged them into a clothing store.

“Kevy loves me da mostest!” Tesia declared.

“Yeah, I’m sure he does,” A.J. agreed, not daring to look at Kevin right then.

Kevin frowned slightly. “Alex, I love you both the same.”

“Pfft. And I love Nick as much as I love the little weed here,” A.J. scoffed.

“I’m sure he’d be glad to know that,” Kevin stated, raising his eyebrows as he smirked.

“Shaddup,” A.J. told him. “Just because he’s a close second don’t mean a damn thing.”

“Damn?” Tesia chirped.

A.J.’s head snapped down in her direction. “Shh. Don’t repeat that T.”

“O’tay,” Tesia shrugged, letting go of her brother’s hand to check an article of clothing out. The hats were in the back and they were in the middle of the store.

A.J. glanced to make sure she still had a hold of Kevin, then went back to eyeing the older man warily. “Not a word, Kev.”

“My lips are sealed,” Kevin assured him.

“Whatcha lookin’ at, T.?”

“Mickey!” Tesia squealed, yanking the shirt down off the hanger. She then attempted to remove the shirt she was currently wearing to put the Mickey one on.

“Whoa! Whoa! Hold up there!” A.J. exclaimed, yanking her shirt back down. “You don’t strip in the middle of the store, Baby T.!”

“No strips?” Tesia repeated.

“No,” A.J. replied, taking the Mickey shirt from her. “We carry this around until we have enough to go try on, and then we go to the change rooms, silly.”

“O’tay,” Tesia shrugged, leading the way to the next article of clothing she wanted to see.

A.J. made sure he had her size in the Mickey shirt, before following her and Kevin further into the store. He was starting to get the feeling she was going to be a handful today; especially since she’d given him a hard time about her car seat on the way over. They couldn’t exactly bring the bus to the mall; the bus would attract way too much attention.

Eventually, Tesia had enough to try on and they made their way to the change rooms. A lady let A.J. and Tesia into one, and A.J. stayed crouched in the doorway while Tesia changed into the clothes to try them on. He was there to help her if she needed it, as she was still learning how to dress herself and sometimes got stuck.

A.J. chuckled softly, as he helped Tesia yank the shirt down over her head. “Whatcha think, T.?”

Tesia looked at herself in the mirror and cocked her head to the side. “Kevy!” She called. “Kevy!”

Kevin came and stood behind A.J., looming in the doorway. “Yes, Hunny?”

“I’s pwetty?” Tesia wanted to know, looking up at him.

“Yes, you’re pretty,” Kevin smiled.

Tesia smiled back and nodded to her brother. “I’s gets dis one, J.”

A.J. nodded. “Okay.” He shooed Kevin out, at her insistence, then helped her into the next outfit.

“Kevy!” Tesia called again. “Kevy! I’s pwetty now?”

Kevin came to stand in the doorway once more, smiling down at the little one who kept insisting he be the judge of her clothing. “Very pretty, Baby. You’re the prettiest little girl in the whole mall.”

“Weally?” Tesia asked skeptically, her eyes shining though.

“Really,” Kevin nodded. “Nobody could ever look as pretty as you in that dress.”

Tesia’s whole face lit up at that. She was wearing a little yellow sundress that had frilly lace along the seams. “Wan’ dis one J.!”

“Alright, T.,” A.J. agreed. “Let’s get you into your old clothes, so we can go look at the hats now.”

“Ats!” Tesia shrieked, trying to help him hurry up the process.

Kevin shook his head as he headed on back to where the hats where to check them all out. He found one he liked best, and waited for his little princess to come and join him once more.

Tesia squirmed out of her brother’s grasp and hightailed it straight for Kevin, never once stopping until she had reached him.

“Tesia!” A.J. exclaimed, as he quickly reached the two. “What did I tell you about taking off?”

Tesia shrunk some, glancing up at her brother, her hands automatically covering her bottom. “I’s sorwy.”

“You’d better be,” A.J. told her. “You don’t run off like that. You keep hold of somebody’s hand, or you’ll be in trouble, Little Miss.”

Tesia quietly and tearfully slipped her small hand into Kevin’s large one.

Kevin crouched down as he gently plopped the hat he was holding onto her head. “What do you think, Baby?”

Tesia sniffled, then peeked into a nearby mirror. “Mine.”

Kevin smiled softly, kissing her cheek. “Yes, Tesia; it’s yours.”

Tesia gave him a grateful smile, then wrapped her arms about his neck in a hug.

Kevin stood, taking her with him, and hugging her close. “What do you say we get your mean old brother to pay, then go look at some toys?”

“Yeah!” Tesia cheered. “Toys!”

A.J. shot Kevin an annoyed Look, not happy that the older man of all people was trying to undermine his authority.

Kevin just smiled and led the way to the check-out counter, where they paid for her things then left the store.

Tesia squirmed down again, taking hold of both their hands once more, as she babbled away happily.

The three of them walked through the mall, stopping to browse or buy an item every so often. Soon enough, they met up with the other three and headed on towards the toy store. On the way there they passed a pet shop, one that intrigued Tesia as there were dachshund puppies in the window.

“J!” Tesia exclaimed, though she couldn’t be heard as the Boys were all chatting with one another. “J!” She called again, trying to yank on his hand, as she became annoyed with being ignored.

Neither A.J. nor Kevin felt the little girl yank her hands free from theirs. None of the five walking saw the little one turn and run back towards the pet store. Nobody noticed a thing until much later, when they’d finally reached the toy store.

“Here we are, T.,” A.J. said smiling, though his smile left his face when he looked down and saw that his little sister was gone. “Tesia!?!?”

Four heads immediately snapped to look where the little one should’ve been. Four gasps of surprise were heard moments later, when they too realized that she was now gone.

“Where’d she go?” Nick asked, looking confused.

“I don’t know!” A.J. exclaimed. “I thought she was still holding onto Kevin!”

“I thought she was holding onto you!” Kevin responded.

“Shit!” A.J. cursed. “What if something happened to her? What if somebody’s taken her and left the mall? What if she’s hurt? What if…!”

“Alex, calm down,” Howie instructed. “Let’s back track and see if we can spot her along the way. I’m sure she isn’t too far away, okay?”

“Yeah,” Brian agreed. “She probably just spotted something and let go to check it out.”

A.J. quickly turned on his heel and practically ran back the way they’d just come, a frantic look upon his face. “Tesia!...Tesia!”

The other four quickly took off after their friend, all very worried that something had happened to the small child.

Meanwhile, Tesia stood watching the puppies, completely unaware that her brother was in a panic trying to find her. She was also oblivious to the fact that a security guard stood nearby keeping an eye on her.

Tesia giggled as the puppies yapped excitedly and tumbled over one another, highly amusing her. “J!” She called out, turning around to point them out to her brother, so he could see them too. “J!”

The security guard secretly keeping an eye on her, watched as her face puckered up and she began to wail.

“JAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!” Tesia wailed, sobbing loudly. She wanted her brother! And she wanted him now!

The security guard took pity on her, and quickly made his way over, crouching down before the sobbing child. “Tesia…”

Tesia looked up, blinking back her very real crocodile tears. “Marcus!”

“What are you doing here?”

“Puppies,” Tesia answered, sniffling as she pointed behind her.

“Are you supposed to be alone?”

Tesia shook her head, her lower lip trembling some more, as she reached back to protect her bottom.

“You shouldn’t ever let go of your brother or Kevin, Tesia,” Marcus told her sternly. “Even though they’re not here at the moment, I know that you’ve scared them very badly.”

“I’s sorwy,” Tesia whimpered. “No scares J.”

Marcus sighed. “Well, you have, Tesia.”

Tesia started to cry again, as she knew her brother was going to be angry with her. Maybe even Kevin would be angry this time too.

Marcus picked the crying little girl up into his strong, protective arms, and rocked her a bit. “Shh…you’ll be okay.”

Tesia hiccupped into his shoulder some, as she buried her face into him. “Wan’ J!”

“Yes, I know that you do,” Marcus answered, starting to walk towards where he knew the toy store was.

The Boys were frantically running about, in search of Tesia, when suddenly they spotted her.

“Alex! There she is!” Kevin yelled. “Look!”

A.J. looked to where Kevin was pointing and gave the biggest sigh of relief in his life. He was greatly relieved to see that Marcus, his security guard and trusted friend, had her safely tucked in his arms.

“Tesia!” A.J. shouted, running towards the two of them at top speed.

Tesia’s head snapped up. “J!”

A.J. quickly reached them and plucked his little sister from Marcus’ arms. He hugged her tightly, kissing her face all over. “Thank God you’re okay!”

Tesia hugged him back tightly in return. “I’s misses you!”

“Where were you?” A.J. demanded, now feeling the angry part of him take over. “I told you not to let go!”

Tesia’s lower lip trembled, as she saw how mad her brother looked. “I’s sorwy…”

“Puppies,” Marcus answered for her. “She was in front of the pet store.”

A.J. sighed heavily, as he sat down on a nearby bench with her in his lap. “Tesia, why?”

“You no listens,” Tesia whispered softly. “I’s shows you puppies.”

“Next time, don’t let go Tesia, or I will for sure spank you,” A.J. said sternly. “As for your punishment, you’ll be getting no new toys today.”

“No ‘pankin’?” Tesia double-checked.

“No,” A.J. replied. “But next time, you’d better run, ‘cause if I get a hold of you, your bottom will be slapped, Tesia.”

Tesia sniffled as she buried her face into her brother’s chest. “I’s sorwy! I’s be goods!”

“I hope so,” A.J. told her, cuddling her close as the other four caught up to where he sat. “Let’s go fellas; if you’re done and all.”

“We’re done,” they chorused.

Later on after Tesia had been laid down for a nap, A.J. re-entered the living room area of the bus, only to find three guilty looking parties.

“Whatcha all do now?” He sighed, sitting down on the couch.

Brian sheepishly held up a colouring book and crayons. “She needed these, Bone. She’d been askin’ me all week for some, so we could colour.”

“Nick?”

Nick’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink, as he held up Mickey’s Pop ‘n’ Magic. “She likes games, A.J. I got her this so she’ll stop stealing my game boy.”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “D?”

Howie shrugged, holding up a Donald Duck puzzle. “She needs something to occupy her while we practice.”

“That’s what her Teddy Bear and dolls are for,” A.J. told him. “Kevin?”

“Hey, I was with you, remember?” Kevin reminded him. “Only thing I – well, you – bought her was the hat.”

A.J. shook his head. “Y’all spoil her too much.”

“We do? Who bought her the books, Bone?” Brian countered, having known for a fact that A.J. had sent Marcus to get her some new books.

“Alright, alright,” A.J. groaned. “I was sick of the same old stories. She desperately needed new ones, or I was gonna go crazy.”

The other four laughed, A.J. joining in a moment later. It was during their laughter, that they all spotted the little one standing in the doorway, wiping her tear-filled eyes.

“What’s wrong, T.?” A.J. asked worriedly, reaching his arms out toward her.

Tesia ran into her brother’s arms, snuggling in soon as he set her upon his lap. “You lefts!” She accused.

“Sorry, Baby,” A.J. apologized, hugging her tightly to him. “I won’t do it again.”

“Pwomise?” Tesia asked, looking up at him with worried eyes.

“Promise,” A.J. assured her, kissing her nose, which caused her to smile.

Tesia grinned up at her brother, then snuggled back into him, hugging her Teddy Bear close as she closed her eyes once more.

A.J. hummed softly, knowing he loved to see her smile more than anything. Even if she was naughty at times, he still loved to see her smile and to hear her contagious giggle. He rocked her until he heard her snore, then resumed conversation with the other guys; though, he made sure they didn’t wake her as they talked, as he knew how cranky she could get without a nap.

I Wanna Give Up, Wanna Give In, Wanna Quit The Fight by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
One more to go y'all. Just hope I can get it written soon. Know what I wanna do, just can't get it written. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: As always, only own Tesia & story idea. BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. Song is When I See You Smile by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!
Sometimes I wanna give up, wanna give in, wanna quit the fight
Then one look at you baby, can make everything all right
Make everything all right

“Why do we suffer these long days?” A.J. groaned, as the Boys all boarded their bus. “I mean, why don’t they ever just give us a break?”

“Because we’ll never be good enough if we don’t rehearse,” Kevin answered, climbing aboard the bus after the soft-hearted tattooed rebel.

“You call that rehearsing?” Brian said, as him and Nick bounded up the bus steps. “I’d call that slave driving! I mean, c’mon! Seven hours of practice? It’s unheard of!”

“Not anymore it’s not,” Howie commented, as he took a seat in the kitchen area at their small table. “Apparently, they’ve always known about it, and don’t call it slave driving.”

Nick mumbled incoherently then, causing everyone but Brian to look at him strange.

“Yeah, I hear yah, Frack,” Brian nodded. “We can go nap in our bunks. C’mon.”

Frick ‘n’ Frack headed off to the bunk area, both climbing into the same one, so they could whisper complaints to one another, without being heard.

A.J. smirked. “Yanno, sometimes, I wonder ‘bout those two.”

Kevin raised his eyebrows. “Really? Well, sometimes I wonder about you.”

“Me? Why me?” A.J. demanded.

Kevin just smiled. “No reason.”

A.J. flipped the older man off, then headed to the back of the bus to see if he could find Marcus and his sister.

Marcus sat on the couch, watching television, with Tesia curled up in his lap sucking her thumb. They’d had quite the day together.

“How was she?” A.J. asked, as he stood there eyeing them both critically.

“Good for the most part,” Marcus answered. “Though, she kept insisting on trying to drink the stuff in the bottles under the sink.”

“The cleaners or….?” A.J. trailed off.

“Both,” Marcus answered. “I finally removed her from the area and stuck safety locks on the lower cupboards.”

Tesia looked up at her brother through teary eyes. She’d only wanted a drink, and those were the only things she could reach. She would’ve asked, but she wanted to be a big girl and do it all by herself.

A.J. sighed and sat down next to them on the couch. “C’mere T.”

Tesia cautiously crawled over into his lap, not sure whether or not he was now upset with her too.

“Did you have fun with, Marcus, Hunny?”

“Uh-huhs,” Tesia replied softly. “Buts I’s gots a ‘pank.”

“You should’ve listened then, Baby,” A.J. told her, smoothing some hair back out of her eyes. “Marcus knows what’s good for you. He only wants to keep you safe.”

“O’tay…” Tesia whispered. “I’s be goods, J. Pwomise.”

“There’s my Baby T.,” A.J. smiled, kissing her forehead. “She’s a sweet, good little thing, isn’t she?”

“Uh-huhs,” Tesia nodded. “Goods ‘nough fer da park!”

“You went to the park, huh?”

Tesia nodded again like crazy. “Uh-huhs. We’s play on da swings, an’ da slide, an’ da monkey bars!”

A.J. chuckled softly. “You like the monkey bars, don’t you?”

Tesia giggled some, as she nodded once more. “You goes too, next times?”

“I’ll try, Hunny,” A.J. assured her. “But J.’s pretty busy these days.”

“That what’s Marcus saids,” Tesia sighed, looking down at their laps. She only wanted to play with her brother, as she loved him so much!

A.J. rubbed her back as he spoke. “Kevin’s in the kitchen, Hunny. Are you gonna go say hello?”

Tesia’s head snapped up, her eyes shining with excitement. “Kevy?”

“Yes, Kevy,” A.J. smiled. “Go on and find him.”

Tesia gave her brother a quick kiss, then scrambled down off his lap and went running off to find her beloved Kevy. “KEVY!!! KEVY!!!”

“SHH!” Brian and Nick both hissed from their bunk. They were trying to sleep, and her shrieking wasn’t helping any.

Tesia turned and looked up at the closed curtain. “Shh!” She said back, finger to her lips. “I’s a callin’, Kevy.”

A.J. smirked at Marcus as he heard Kevin and Howie laugh, and Frick ‘n’ Frack groan.

“Smart kid,” Marcus commented.

“I’ll say,” A.J. replied, trying to stifle a laugh.

Tesia continued her search for Kevin, squealing as he scooped her up and swung her high – though, he was careful not to hit her head on the bus ceiling.

“There’s my Princess!” Kevin beamed, bringing her back down only to cover her face in kisses.

Tesia giggled and squirmed, as his kisses tickled; missing once more, just what it was he always called her. “Ickles! Ickles! Kevy!”

Kevin finally stopped and sat back down at the kitchen table they had. “How was your day, Hunny?”

“Goods,” Tesia smiled. “We goes da park an’ pways!”

“That sounds like fun,” Kevin told her.

“Uh-huhs! It funs!” Tesia agreed whole-heartedly.

“Are you hungry?” Kevin asked, as he heard her stomach growl.

Tesia shook her head no. “Nuh-uhs. I’s hads cookies. Shh…”

“Who gave you the cookies?”

“I’s gaves me da cookies, Silly,” Tesia grinned. “Dey yummy.”

“So, you had cookies, huh?” A.J. repeated, as he’d come to stand in the doorway. “And just how many did you have, Little Miss?”

Tesia’s eyes went round, as she turned to look at her brother. “Dis many,” she lied, holding up three fingers.

“Really,” A.J. said, going to where they kept the cookies. “Oreos, right?”

Tesia nodded quietly.

A.J. searched for the bag of Oreos he knew they’d had, frowning when he found it on the floor full of crumbs. They hadn’t even opened it yet, and here it was, completely empty except for what was too small to eat.

Tesia Lenore,” A.J. said firmly, turning to look at her, holding up the empty bag. “Just how many did you eat?”

Tesia’s lower lip trembled, as she couldn’t remember the last time her brother had used both her names. “I’s was hungwy.”

“Then you tell somebody and they’ll get you something to eat!” A.J. exclaimed, none too happy with her at the moment. “What is with you today, Tesia?”

Tesia started to cry, as she buried her face into Kevin’s chest. She’d wanted to show she was a big girl and could do things herself, but all it got her was trouble.

“I’s big girl!” Tesia cried. “I’s gets fer self!”

“Well, this big girl is lucky I don’t slap her bottom for lying to me,” A.J. told her. “You don’t lie to me, Tesia! You could get sick from eating all those cookies!”

“Alex,” Howie began, “calm down. You’re scaring her!”

“I - ” A.J. trailed off, when he saw Kevin glare at him and noticed Tesia trying to hide into Kevin for protection. He felt like such a heel. He was yelling at her, just because he was tired from practice. “I give up.”

They watched as he turned and walked back into the living area on the bus. His shoulders were sagged and his head low, which showed just how he felt.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Howie offered, as Kevin nodded his agreement. He ruffled Tesia’s hair as he went by and gave her a warm smile. “It’ll be okay, Sweetie. Alex is just grouchy, is all.”

Tesia hiccupped in response, causing both Kevin and Howie’s hearts to break. She was such a fragile little thing at times – especially when she was in trouble.

“Alex,” Howie said, as he sat next to his best friend on the couch. “What was all that about? Didn’t you ever eat a whole bag of cookies?”

A.J. sighed, running his hand over his face. “I don’t care about the cookies, Howie,” he told him. “I just don’t like that she lied to me. Me! Her brother! The one she tells everything too!”

“She’s only four,” Howie reminded him. “She doesn’t know everything. She’s trying to be a big girl and not ask us for so much, because she wants you to feel proud. But instead, all she’s getting is trouble because she doesn’t understand that she still needs to ask for help.”

“I can’t believe I yelled at her,” A.J. stated quietly. “I’m not even all that mad. I was just gonna talk to her about it. But, I snapped. God, I snapped at her all because I’m tired. We really need a vacation.”

Howie smiled softly. “I’ll agree with you on the vacation bit, though I don’t see that happening anytime soon.”

“Yanno, its times like now that I kinda want to quit,” A.J. admitted. “I know I keep saying it, but I can’t stand taking my frustration out on Tesia. She’s just a baby, D. And yet, I keep snapping at her. I don’t want to keep snapping at my Baby T. It kills me to know I’m the one who made her cry.”

“She’ll be fine, Alex,” Howie assured him. “By the end of the week, she won’t even remember it. She’ll be too busy having fun and tackling you to care. She’s just a little girl, and all she wants is to spend some time with you. I know how busy we are, but if you need extra time with her, I’ll gladly stall things or cover for you, or whatever it is you need me to do. She needs you more than anybody.”

A.J. smiled at his friend. “Thanks, D. I appreciate that.”

“Hey, what else am I good for?” Howie teased.

“Noogies,” A.J. smirked, moving to go for Howie’s hair.

“Hey! Not the hair! Not the hair!” Howie cried, batting A.J.’s hands away.

“Hey…” Kevin drawled. “Are we interrupting something?”

“Just tryin’ to give, D. a noogie,” A.J. shrugged. He eyed Tesia in the older man’s arms. “I’m sorry, Hunny. I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“J. no yells at Esia,” Tesia told him. “Scary.”

A.J. stood to take her from Kevin. “I promise, T. I won’t yell anymore, unless you’ve been really naughty, okay?”

“O’tay…” Tesia sniffled. “I’s be goods, J. Pwomise. No mores cookies.”

A.J. chuckled. “No, no more cookies for today. Your tummy doesn’t hurt, does it?”

Tesia shook her head. “Nuh-uhs. It hungwy fer pasghetti.”

“Pasghetti, huh?” A.J. smiled.

“Uh-huhs,” Tesia nodded. “Wan’ pasghetti, J. Pwease?”

“Yanno, that sounds like a good idea, T.,” A.J. told her, turning to eye his friends. “You guys wanna go to Pizza Hut or something for some pasghetti?”

“Sure,” Kevin agreed. “I love pasghetti.”

“Me too,” Howie piped up. “I’ll go tell the bus driver.”

“J.?” Tesia began, as Howie left to go tell the bus driver. “We gets chocowate too?”

“Maybe a little bit of chocolate,” A.J. answered. “But not too much. We don’t want you to get a tummy ache.”

“Tummy no aches,” Tesia smiled, patting her stomach. “Its jus’ hungwy.”

A.J. laughed, as Kevin chuckled. “Yes, we know that it’s hungry, Hunny.”

“Your tummy hungwy, J.?”

“Yes, very hungry, Baby,” A.J. smiled. “It’s hungry for your tummy.”

“My tummy?” Tesia repeated.

“Yes, your tummy,” A.J. nodded, lifting her up and away from him some, as he began to playfully eat her stomach.

Tesia shrieked with laughter, as she squirmed about. “Ahahahaha!!!”

A.J. laughed as well, as he kept pretending to eat her stomach. He knew she loved this game best, and it was kind of his favourite as well. Especially, since he really didn’t have to do much just to hear her laugh.

Kevin shook his head at the two, as he left to go check on Frick ‘n’ Frack, who were snoring rather loudly in the bunk they were momentarily sharing.

I See A Ray Of Light....Shining Right Through The Rain by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Phew! Finally finished! Sorry it took me so long to write this one y'all. I wasn't so sure if I liked this chapter in the beginning, but it's grown on me. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. Song is When I See You Smile by Clay Aiken. Thank-you!
Oh

When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile - at me

Tesia was playing quietly with her Teddy Bear in the room she’d been stuck in for her safety; there were plenty of fans waiting outside just to catch a mere glimpse of her brother and the other four Boys. She was playing quietly so as not to cause any trouble or get in the way. She wanted to be good for her brother, though he wasn’t even in the room with her at the moment. Neither were the other Boys; they’d all left the room minutes ago, stating she’d get to see them again soon enough.

“Hopes they didn’t forgets me, Teddy,” she said to her beloved stuffed friend. “I’s misses ‘em alweady.”

She looked up and over at the door as she heard it open, frowning slightly when she saw it wasn’t her brother who was coming in. she felt worse when the one who’d entered continued to ignore her and went on talking into a walkie-talkie.

The man talking into the walkie-talkie looked down when he felt something – rather, someone – grab hold of his pant leg. He smiled down at the child, whom was clutching her Teddy Bear ever so tightly.

“What’s wrong, Hunny?” He asked, patting her head with his free hand.

“When J. comes backs, Marcus?” Tesia wanted to know. “I’s misses him.”

Marcus chuckled softly, crouching down to her level. “You’ll see him in just a few minutes, Tesia. But you have to stay with me and keep quiet, okay?”

“Why?” Tesia asked curiously.

“J.’s working, and he can’t play right now,” Marcus answered. “But he does want to see you; and I know you want to see him.”

“I’s be withs J.?” Tesia questioned.

“No, Hunny,” Marcus replied. “You’re going to be with me. You might get to hug him though, I don’t know.”

Tesia sighed heavily. “O’tay.”

Marcus ruffled her hair. “You’re a good girl Tesia. If you’re good for this, maybe I’ll get you a treat later.”

Tesia’s eyes lit up at that. “Chocowate? Donnie?”

“How about Donnie? He’s a good turtle to have, right?”

Tesia nodded eagerly. “Uh-huhs. Loves Donnie.”

Marcus smiled as he stood back up. “Now, wait here just a few more minutes, okay?”

“Kay,” Tesia nodded, plopping down on her bottom right at his feet like a puppy would.

Marcus shook his head and waited until he’d been given the okay, before scooping her up and carrying her out towards where her brother was.

“Now, I need you to be a big brave girl, alright? There’s a whole lot of girls out here to see the Boys, but J. really wants to see you there. You have to stay with me at all times, unless told otherwise, okay?”

Tesia nodded once more, hugging her Teddy Bear just a little bit tighter. “I’s keeps Teddy safe, kay?”

Marcus nodded absently. “Yes, keep hold of him.”

They finally reached the conference room, where the Boys were, along with about fifty fans or so, who were all seated in chairs. It was a fan conference, so that the fans would have the chance to ask the Boys questions themselves.

“J.!” Tesia squealed delightedly, only to have people nearby look at her oddly – especially since she was with Marcus, whom everybody knew was A.J.’s security guard.

“Shh…” Marcus shushed her. “You hafta be invisible, Tesia. Pretend nobody can see you, okay?”

“Buts why?” Tesia demanded. “I’s c’n sees them.”

“Yes, I know that you can,” Marcus said. “And if they look over here, they will see you. But we have to keep them from seeing you, Hunny. Otherwise, we can’t stay here and see J. and Kevy.”

Tesia frowned. “Buts I’s wan’ to sees them, Marcus.”

Marcus sighed. This was harder to explain that he’d originally thought it’d be. Tesia was a bright little girl, but she never seemed to understand why she had to share her brother, or why she couldn’t have him every single time she wanted him.

“Soon, Hunny. I promise,” he assured the little one in his arms. “We have to wait for the signal.”

“What that?”

“When J. waves to us, I will know it’s time.”

“Kay,” Tesia said softly, resting her head upon his shoulder and hugging him just a bit tighter. All the girls in the room were making her a little nervous, as she wasn’t used to such a huge crowd of teenage girls. She was used to the Boys, their security, band, and stage crew.

Soon enough, A.J. waved to them, having had spotted them moments before actually doing so. But he wanted the timing to be right, in hopes his little sister wouldn’t get trampled by the crazed fans – hence why Marcus had her. He wanted for her to see what he did, and wanted for the fans to meet her, long as she didn’t get scared.

Marcus carried her over to the microphone the fans were using to ask questions, and set her down, handing it to her. “Ask a question, Tesia.”

Tesia looked confused. “Why do I’s gotta asks question? Why can’ts I’s jus’ goes to J.?”

Marcus sighed, crouching down to explain briefly. “Tesia, these are his fans. They have to ask questions. Nobody is allowed near the boys right at this moment.”

Tesia suddenly looked ready to cry. “Buts I’s wants my brudder, Marcus.”

Marcus glanced up and over at the Boys then, shaking his head at them, to let them know she was getting upset. He’d figured she was still too small for this sort of thing, but also knew she couldn’t go long without seeing her brother either.

“Tesia,” a deep voice spoke into a microphone.

Tesia turned to look over at Kevin, her tears starting to fall slightly.

“Kevy,” she whimpered into the microphone Marcus had stuck in front of her, so the Boys could hear her.

“What’s wrong, Hunny?” Kevin asked, not caring if the fans and press could hear him or not.

“Why all these peoples here?” Tesia wanted to know. “You not singin’.”

Kevin chuckled softly. “They’re here to talk to us, because they want to ask us questions.”

Tesia paused a moment, wanting her brother, though her eyes were on Kevin and Kevin alone. “Kevy…”

“Yes, Baby?”

“I’s wan’ J.!” Tesia wailed finally, more tears streaming down her face now. “Teddy an’ I’s wan’ him!”

“Then go to him, Hunny,” Kevin told her, as he saw A.J. move to meet her halfway.

The crowd watched in surprise as the little girl ran for A.J., whom had immediately crouched down to scoop her up as she neared him. He hugged her close, and carried her back over to where he was sitting.

“Thanks Marcus,” he said into his microphone, as he rocked Tesia some.

Marcus nodded, and moved back to where he was supposed to be to help with crowd control.

Tesia snuggled into her brother as she hiccupped. “They scarwy!”

“Shh….It’s alright, Tesia,” A.J. soothed. “J.’s here. Shh…”

Tesia whimpered and sniffled, slowly starting to calm down as her brother rubbed her back midst hugging her close.

“You want to say hello?” A.J. asked her quietly, ignoring the fact that everyone was staring at them now.

“They no hurteds me?”

“No, Baby T.,” A.J. assured her. “I won’t let them. Not ever.”

“Kay,” Tesia sniffled. She rubbed her eyes with her little hands, then leaned over towards her brother’s microphone. “Hi peoples.”

The other four Boys chuckled at her innocence, and at how quickly just being with her brother made her feel better. Meanwhile, the fans and media all eyed the little girl, in the purple overalls, ninja turtles shirt, and pigtails, snuggled in A.J.'s lap, in confusion.

“Everyone, this is my little sister, Tesia,” A.J. told them. “She came to say hello. She’s touring with me right now, and I had Marcus bring her out, so she wouldn’t get lonely back there with just her Teddy Bear to play with.”

The audience awed over the little girl nestled safely in her brother’s lap, hugging a Teddy Bear tightly. A fan moved to the microphone that was set up for them then. “Will she be okay?” She asked.

A.J. smiled. “She’ll be okay. She just need some good ole A.J. lovin’.”

The fans all laughed, as the Boys shook their heads at him.

Tesia looked up at her brother, confused as to why everyone had laughed.

Brian leaned into his microphone then, speaking like Donald Duck. “He’s such a confusing guy. Nobody ever understands his jokes.”

Again, everyone laughed, Tesia included this time, as she loved Brian’s Donald Duck impersonation.

Brian pulled a face at them all, then grinned widely at Tesia, who immediately grinned back.

Tesia immediately reached for Brian, upon seeing he was in a silly mood. She loved his silly moods!

Brian retrieved Tesia from her brother’s lap, and stuck her in his and made another funny face for her.

Tesia giggled, then pulled one of her own. She loved getting attention more than anything – it was fun!

A.J. shook his head and eyed the crowd. “Seems I’ easily replaced,” he joked. “And all because he can do Donald Duck.”

The fans all laughed once more, highly amused to see them all interact with the little girl. They could tell the small one was adored greatly by all five, as they were all smiling at her.

“Does anyone else have a question?” Kevin asked, getting back to business.

“How come we never knew you had a sister before, A.J.?”

A.J. shook his head, a playful smile on his face. “Because I decided to keep her all to myself for a while. Though, with these four guys, it’s kinda hard to do.”

“How old is she?”

“Tesia, how old are you, Hunny?”

Tesia gave her brother a weird look. “I’s dis many!” She reminded him, holding up four fingers.

A.J. chuckled. “Thank-you, T.” He turned back to the fans. “She just turned four not that long ago.”

“How exactly is she your sister? Your Mom’s not married!” A girl exclaimed. “And if she’s your sister, why does she look so much like you? I think she’s really yours!”

The crowd gasped at her comments, as A.J. frowned.

“My father re-married, and she’s my half-sister if you care to get technical about it,” A.J. said curtly. “And I think you’re digging for information that isn’t even there.”

“Lemme have her! Lemme have her!” Nick insisted unaware that everyone could hear him. “Frick! Quit hogging her!”

Brian rolled his eyes and passed Tesia over to his best friend. “Here. Now shut-up, Frack! Otherwise, Kev’s gonna burn holes into yah head with the look he’s givin’!”

“Pfft,” Nick scoffed, quickly taking Tesia into his lap. “Hey Munchkin!”

“Hiya Nicky!” Tesia chirped happily, clapping her hands some.

Nick grinned and blew raspberries on her neck.

Tesia squealed with laughter, as she tried to bat him away with her tiny hands.

Kevin shook his head. “Kids,” he commented. “What do yah do with ‘em?”

The fans all smiled once more. They liked to see the Boys happy, and little Tesia seemed to make them extremely happy.

“Hey, Tesia! What’s your favourite song?”

Tesia looked up surprised, as Nick stopped blowing raspberries for a moment. She cocked her head to the side and turned to look at her brother, who sat on the other side of Brian.

“J. what my song?” She asked, not knowing the title to it.

“Just Like A Child,” A.J. answered. “And Backseat’s Back.”

“Backseat’s Back!” Tesia cheered, bouncing in Nick’s lap and clapping her hands. “I’s dance to Backseat’s Back!”

Nick shrugged innocently as he stood Tesia upon the table before them. “Go for it, Munchkin.”

“Everybody. Rock your body. Everybody. Rock your body right,” Brian sang for the little one.

“BACKSEAT’S BACK, ALWIGHT!” Tesia shouted, doing the dance her brother had taught her, since she loved the song so much.

The Boys all laughed, as did the audience. They let her dance for a few minutes more, before Howie grabbed her up.

“Alright, Kiddo. Time to take a break.”

“Aww,” Tesia pouted briefly, before smiling up at him. “Owie! You gotteds me now!”

Howie smiled. “Yes, I got you now. It is my turn, you know.”

Tesia giggled, and stood on his legs to wrap her arms about his neck in a hug. “My Owie.”

“Yes, I’m your Howie,” he agreed readily. “Now, shh. Let the fans talk, Hunny.”

“Kay,” Tesia agreed, though she remained standing with her arms about his neck. She’d long since left her Teddy Bear with her brother.

“And she gets further and further away,” A.J. complained playfully. “I swear she just uses me, then leaves me all by my lonesome.”

Tesia leaned back slightly, never once letting go of Howie. “I’s uses you fer pillow, Silly.”

A.J. laughed, shaking his head. “Y’all see the amusement I get? I’ve no time to be bored with these goons around.”

“You’re one of the goons, A.J.,” Kevin piped up. “You just need to be reminded of that sometimes.”

A.J. just smirked. “And proud of it!”

“Where’d she get the Teddy Bear?” A little girl about six wanted to know.

“From me,” A.J. answered. “I found it when we went shopping one day, and decided to get it for her. And I’d ask y’all to never take it from her either, or I won’t be happy. It’s hers, and she loves him plenty and he goes everywhere because he’s that special.”

Everyone in the crowd nodded their understanding. They all knew they’d be mad if something special was taken away from them, and vowed not to do it to Tesia.

A short while later, Tesia grew tired of bugging Howie; so she turned and climbed into Kevin’s lap, seeing as he was next in line.

“Hiya Kevy!”

Kevin smiled down at the little girl now in his lap. “Hi, Princess.”

“Kevy, you plays withs me soon?” Tesia asked. She was always too infatuated with him to notice what it was that he always called her.

“Soon, Hunny,” Kevin promised. “We’re almost done.”

“Hey, could you guys please sing us something?” A fan finally brave enough to ask, piped up. “Anything is good. We just wanna hear y’all sing.”

“Yeah! Sings Kevy! Sings!” Tesia insisted.

Kevin looked down smiling. “You want us to sing, do you?”

“Uh-huhs!” Tesia nodded. “Sings fer the peoples!”

Kevin chuckled. “Well, guys? What do you think?”

“Ah, let’s sing ‘em a lil’ something,” A.J. smirked. “I mean, they’ve had to share the attention today.”

“I agree,” Howie replied. “They’ve been good sports about sharing our attention with Tesia.”

“They no shares withs me,” Tesia insisted. “I’s shares withs them.”

Howie shook his head, though he was smiling. “Sorry, Sweetheart.”

“Let’s sing y’all!” Brian declared.

“What do we sing?” Nick wanted to know.

Brian quickly leaned over to whisper to Nick, who giggled, then immediately began to sing.

“I don’t know, what he does to make you cry. But I’ll be there to make you smile,” Nick sang. “I don’t have a fancy car. To get to you I’d walk a thousand miles.”

“Oh, I don’t care if he buys you nice things, do his gifts come from the heart?” Brian continued. “I don’t know, but if you were my girl, I’d make it so we’d never be apart.”

“But my love is all I have to give. Without you I don’t think I can live. I wish I could give the world to you. But love is all I have to give…” They harmonized.

“Does he leave, when you need him the most? Do his friends get all your time?” A.J. crooned. “Baby, please, I’m on my knees, praying for the day that you’ll be mine…”

The Boys continued on with the song, singing from their hearts just because they could and because they loved their music.

Tesia sat in Kevin’s lap, staring up at him in awe. She loved to hear them sing more than anything! It always made her feel special, because they always made her feel safe and loved – and she was.

A.J. glanced down at Kevin, who had Tesia in his lap. He felt himself smile when he saw his little sister staring up at the older man in wonderment. Seeing her so happy, made him sing all that much better. She was his little ray of light, shining right through the rain. Nothing could damper his mood now – not even evil management, who would probably yell at him for bringing her out in the first place.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8094