Darkness of Vampires: End of All Hope by Purpura Lipstick
Summary: [Sequel to Darkness of Vampires] With everything that happened a year ago behind them, April and May discover that the fight to live or die has just begun.



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe, Horror, Romance, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: Darkness of Vampires
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 20362 Read: 30178 Published: 10/05/06 Updated: 11/22/06

1. Chapter 1 by Purpura Lipstick

2. Chapter 2 by Purpura Lipstick

3. Chapter 3 by Purpura Lipstick

4. Chapter 4 by Purpura Lipstick

5. Chapter 5 by Purpura Lipstick

6. Chapter 6 by Purpura Lipstick

7. Chapter 7 by Purpura Lipstick

8. Chapter 8 by Purpura Lipstick

9. Chapter 9 by Purpura Lipstick

10. Chapter 10 by Purpura Lipstick

11. Chapter 11 by Purpura Lipstick

12. Chapter 12 by Purpura Lipstick

13. Chapter 13 by Purpura Lipstick

14. Chapter 14 by Purpura Lipstick

15. Chapter 15 by Purpura Lipstick

16. Chapter 16 by Purpura Lipstick

17. Chapter 17 by Purpura Lipstick

18. Chapter 18 by Purpura Lipstick

19. Chapter 19 by Purpura Lipstick

Chapter 1 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
I hope the sequel lives up to all my reviewers expectations. Here we go! :-D
April stared out the window of the copy room at work. She could not say she enjoyed her new job but the club was gone, burned to the ground and she didn’t know if she could ever set foot on those grounds again. A very hip restaurant moved into the lot where the club once stood and May tried to get her sister to go, but April did not want to eat and enjoy herself on the grave of the man she loved. A sigh escaped her lips as it often did when she thought of Kevin. It was a fling, she constantly told herself. It was a brief moment in time, how could she be I love with him, what was worse is he was a vampire. Part of her knew that if he were to walk through the door that she would drop everything, run over to him and vow to be a part of his life somehow.
April was glad, at least, for the fact that she could tell her parents that the father of her child died, though she said it was a car accident. May was the only person, besides herself, that knew what really happened to the child’s father.

After that, night April wanted to leave town but May insisted they stay. May convinced her that they would all leave us alone now that the Creator was no longer around. May also told her that she didn’t want to have to find a new apartment or a new job in a new city. April was glad that May convinced her to stay, though she knew Kevin was dead, if he were to come back somehow he would look for her here.

Without thinking, April put her hand to her neck where the Creator had taken a bite out of her. Though the skin healed, she could still feel something lying just underneath the skin where the puncture holes were. She let the doctors that looked her over believe that she ran into something and punctured her neck. The last thing she needed for her or her child was to let them think she thought vampires existed.

“April,” a male voice broke her concentration and she quickly turned her head to see who was addressing her. It was the guy who sat in the cube next to hers, the guy who asked her out last week who was still waiting for an answer from her.

She thought about turning him down since they were co-workers but as the days wore on April began to think it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to go on a date. She should stop thinking about sparing Kevin’s feelings, he was gone and she was alive, she needed to live.

“Bret, about that dinner you asked me about. Let me see if May can watch Caleb tonight and we can have that dinner if you are free.” April said it quickly so that she couldn’t take back her decision.

Bret smiled and nodded. “Tonight, yeah that would be great.”

April smiled back at Bret and grabbed her papers from the copy machine. She sat down at her desk and punched in the line to get May who answered her phone with her usual opening line. Even after last year, May stayed with the company she was hired on at, where Brian made contact with her. April thought it was strange, but May seemed different since the encounter.

“May, I have a favor to ask you.” April started after May introduced herself. “I decided to go out with Bret from work and I was wondering if you could watch Caleb tonight.” April twirled the phone cord having mixed feelings over what she wanted May’s response to be.

“Of course I’ll watch my favorite nephew tonight, especially if it means you are going about getting a life again.” May laughed on the other end of the phone causing April to smile awkwardly.

“Thanks, Sis.” Holding in her sigh of disappointment April hung up the phone and walked the brief distance to Bret’s cube. “She can watch him, where would you like to go?”

They made their arrangements and finished their day agreeing that Bret would pick her up around seven that night for dinner.

*****

He scoured the books that lay before him, there had to be another way, there was no way it could be over the way it ended. Sounds could be heard from the restaurant above. The club burned but the deepest part of the dungeon remained intact and undisturbed by the new owners. He sat in silence, his only companion locked in a room down the hall.

Suddenly words jumped out at him, it was not what he was looking for but something he needed to help guard against, something that could undo all his work thus far. It was the child, the child of the girls he kept his eye on knowing every move they made. That child could be the undoing of the world.

He shoved the book away not wanting to face those girls again. He stood and marched to the locked room. He opened the door and stood looking at the man slouched in the corner. Laughter escaped the captive’s lips making the other cringe.

“She’ll know already.” The man on the floor said. “And now thanks to you reading it down here, I know now too. When I get out of here I’ll make sure you regret this time you have held me against my will, cousin.” He spat out the word that bonded them in the past.

“Brian, I will never let you go, and nobody knows you are here.” Kevin stared the captive man down before turning abruptly. He needed to find a way to warn April, without alerting her to his presence if possible, it was safer for her that way.
Chapter 2 by Purpura Lipstick
The workday ended and April trudged to the daycare facility brightening immediately when she saw the daycare provider carrying Caleb over to her. “There’s my big guy.” She said as she took him and snuggled closer to him. She carried him to the car and strapped him into his car seat, taking extra time to make sure everything attached correctly. The drive back to the apartment she still shared with May was quick. She pulled Caleb from the seat and started to make her way to the apartment when goose bumps covered her body. She held her son tighter and looked around her. She didn’t know what she was looking for, but lately she’s been able to tell that someone was watching her and it was becoming more frequent.

Since she could not see anyone, she knew the person was in hiding so she moved into the apartment quickly and locked the door, pulled formula out of the fridge and waited for May so she could prepare for her date.

“I can’t believe some people,” May yelled as she walked into the door. “There is a guy sitting in his car out there, just sitting watching the apartments across the street. At least that’s the direction he was facing.” May sighed and shrugged giving April a sense of relief with her comment. The person she felt was watching someone else.

May took Caleb and then followed April into her room, watching her and helping her pick out clothes and make-up for that evening. The doorbell rang shortly after they finished causing both girls to jump. April glanced at her watch, “That should be Bret.”

May held Caleb and followed her sister out of the bedroom, standing in the doorway of the room waiting to catch a glimpse of this guy Bret.

“Hello, April. You look wonderful.” Bret said when the door opened. April smiled back at him and invited him in to meet her sister and son. Bret stood slightly taller then April and he causally ran his hands through his dark brown hair before stepping closer to May and Caleb. “May I?” He held his arms out towards Caleb.

May glanced quickly at April who was nodding, before she handed him over. Bret bounced Caleb and talked baby talk to him, April stood watching. This man liked her child, already it was a good sign. She was ready to see if she could like Bret more then a co-worker.

They left the apartment and made their way to Bret’s car, for the first few minutes they both sat silent in the car as Bret turned on roads headed towards the restaurant. It wasn’t until they passed the one they decided on that the silence was broken.

“I know we already decided but I took a chance and called Room 438 to see if they had any tables, and the phone call right before me was a cancellation.” Bret looked over at April and grinned broadly. “I remember you said you had not been there yet.” It was a very sweet gesture, but April feigned her delight at the prospect of going there. It was the one place she vowed to herself she would not go to and here Bret was taking her because he it was a romantic gesture. April sucked it up and told herself that this was the perfect time to get over Kevin.

They found a spot to park the car and made their way in the building. The inside was beautiful. There were fresh flowers atop a table covered in a simple white linen tablecloth. April’s mouth fell open at the sight; she was glad she bit down and decided to eat at this restaurant.

Everything moved along like a dream. Dinner was delicious, the conversation was entertaining and Bret was polite and kind. April had to admit to herself, she was having a wonderful time. The couple ordered dessert and April excused herself to visit the ladies room. As she approached the back of the restaurant, she paused catching a glimpse of a man not dressed up enough to be eating there but not wearing the uniform of the wait staff. From the angle she stood, April swore she was looking at Kevin. She gasped and moved closer, the figure saw her and turned quickly towards the exit. April tried to hurry after. “Kevin?” She called out with no answer.

She followed until she reached the kitchen; a waitress coming out of the kitchen stopped her from entering. “Can I help you find something?” the lady asked her. April tried to look through the swinging doors for any sign of the man she just saw.

“I thought I saw a … friend.” April replied before turning around and completing her trip to the restroom. The rest of the evening she sat quiet, listening as Bret talked. Leave it to her mind to manifest Kevin and ruin her evening.

*****

He sat in the darkest corner he could find, where hopefully she would not see him. He followed her here from her apartment. He intended only to watch her when she had the child with her, but when she left the apartment with that man a feeling he long forgot surged over him. Kevin was jealous and he knew it. He had no right to feel this way, he was the one who kept himself out of her life for her protection, it was only natural that she would move on and find someone else. He only knew April for a brief time, they did not get to know each other fully, but he was drawn towards her.

He watched as she stood and made her way closer to where he sat. Did she know he was there? He looked at her body sway side to side slightly and the she stopped walking suddenly. She was looking straight at him; he froze for moment and then bolted quickly towards an exit.

He heard his name but moved quickly towards the trap door that led to the dungeon. He was surprised it existed still when he found it, but did not question it. He found the entrance useful many times and now was one of them. He stood just behind the door listening as April stammered her answer to the other person. He sighed to himself; he needed to be at the apartment watching the boy, not spying on his mother because of jealousy. Kevin shook his head and found the outside exit. He headed back to the apartment to watch over the boy.

*****

He covered himself in rags and old clothes and slumped next to the dumpster outside of the restaurant waiting for the person to exit the building. He watched and waited and when the lone dark figure emerged from secret alley entrance the man who looked like any other homeless person followed closely.
Chapter 3 by Purpura Lipstick
April smiled at Bret standing across from her outside her apartment door. “I had a really great time,” April said, actually surprised that she meant what she said.

“I’m glad.” Bret’s smile faded from his mouth suddenly. “Look, April I like you but I don’t want to feel that I forced or bothered you so much that you agreed to go out on this date with me.”

April shook her head, “No Bret, really, I am glad I went out with you. It’s time I moved on for myself and Caleb. I am glad that you were the one that asked me out.” Having said that, April leaned forward and was pleasantly surprised when she felt Bret’s warm lips touch hers, she returned the kiss. A crash from nearby startled the two and they stood looking somewhat scared at each other.

“Well I should get inside and check on Caleb.” April finally said, breaking the brief silence.

“Yes, I should get home too; I have some prep work before I get into the office tomorrow.” Bret waited for April to open her apartment door and go inside before he turned and returned to his car.

April stood inside leaning on the door smiling and sighing happily.

“Good date?” May asked.

April turned around to face her sister and nodded. “How’s Caleb?”

“Sleeping like the angel he is.” May sat on the couch and patted the spot next to her. “Tell me about your date.”

April sat down and looked at her sister, “It was wonderful, until the end.”

“What did he expect to go all the way with you after date one?”

April shook her head. “No I got up to use the restroom and I swear I saw Kevin sitting in the restaurant, of course it was probably my imagination since we went to Room 438.”

May gasped slightly. “I thought you were never going to set foot in that place.”

April shrugged, “It’s beautiful inside and the food is great. Besides it’s time to move on.” Standing she moved towards the room she shared with Caleb. “I think it’s time for me to head off to bed.” She opened the door feeling a blast of air from the open window. “May did you…” She started to question her sister until movement from the corner caught her eye.

April shrieked as she watched a man emerge from the shadows and made his way towards the open window carrying a bundle with him. This man had her son, yet she could not move, she could not breathe, her whole world was slipping through her fingers. The light from the streetlight outside came across the face of the mysterious man.

“Nick…” April choked on the name as she watched him smirk and jump out the window.

She could hear the scream, but she had no idea it came from her. May was at her side quickly then she was looking out the window in the direction Nick was running. She ran to get the phone before April found her voice again.

“Who are you going to call?” April sobbed.

“The police, who else, he kidnapped Caleb!” May was hysterical and couldn’t believe her sister was so calm.

“What are they going to do? He was kidnapped by Nick May, Nick. The undead Nick.” Now April was letting the hysterics flow. “You know the vampire? The one who we supposedly helped to kill last year. What the hell was he doing here? I would have thought that they were all dead.” She found herself pacing the bedroom between the window and crib. She looked out the window and saw a familiar person in the lot.

Quickly April ran out the front door and out into the lot. “Did you see where that man went?” She yelled at the person. “He has my son.” April approached Bret’s open car window, letting out another shriek when she saw Bret slumped over on the driver’s side, blood dripped from two wounds on his neck. “No,” She whispered falling backwards onto the pavement.

May followed her sister and sat down next to her on the pavement. “This is not your fault.” May held her sister and pulled her close. “We should get back inside.”

The girls stood and started towards their apartment. There was a rustling in the bushes and April grabbed her sister’s arm and watched.

“April,” The man who emerged said.

April turned to May and sobbed. “Now I think I am losing it, my Kevin apparition is now talking.” She cried and leaned on her sister more.

May stared at Kevin and looked at her sister. “April, you aren’t losing it. Because I see him and heard him too.”

April shot her head up and looked at Kevin. “Are you real?”

Kevin stepped closer. “I’m sorry, I knew this was coming.”

April flew at Kevin banging her fists on his chest. “It is you, you are here. Why were you following me tonight? Why didn’t you tell me you were still living? Why did you let me mourn you?”

Kevin held her arms to keep them from hitting him anymore. “I thought it would be better for you and your son with out me in your lives. Besides I should’ve died, and you thought I was dead, I didn’t want to intrude.”

“I hate you!” April screamed at Kevin, broke her arms from his grasp and ran into the apartment and into her bedroom.
Chapter 4 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
Yes I know my vampires are different then those we are familiar with but that's what's great about fiction. You can changed things as how a vampire is. :-D If you notice Kevin is different then ALL of them ;)
He stood a few blocks away from where Kevin stopped. He dared not get too close in case Kevin caught sight of him. He watched intrigued as a figure across the street. The figure disguised as a beggar caught a glimpse of the running figure, it was Nick. Why was Nick running away from Kevin and what was he carrying.

Alex shook his head and turned his attention to Nick wondering if he should find out what Nick was up to or if he should continue his hunt for Kevin, the betrayer.

*****

April sat on her bed holding tightly onto the baby blanket that was left in Caleb’s crib, still warm from his small body. Tears dripped from her eyes, but her sobs were quiet, she had too much to process.

Nick took her child; Kevin reappeared and said something that sounded like he knew this day was coming. Why couldn’t they leave her alone? Why wasn’t Kevin dead? She needed answers.

April got off her bed and made her way into the living room, May and Kevin were sitting in silence on the couch.

Kevin stood and moved towards her, “April... I…”

April interrupted him and moved into a chair avoiding his touch. “What is going on? I want to know everything that happened after we left the club.”

Kevin took his seat on the couch again and tried to look into April’s eyes. Seeing that she was firmly keeping her eyes averted, he spoke.

“We all thought the Creator was severely injured. April’s …” he paused and looked at her, not sure how she would take this next comment. “April’s impure blood was harmful to the Creator. She is ancient and as such cannot “digest” any blood but a virgin’s.” He hung his head as he saw April stifle a cry. “Then May stabbing her took more energy from her, releasing more of her hold. Several vampires did die that night when the rebels fought. As you know, I killed Howie. I was fighting with Brian when you left but he got away when Nick attacked me in revenge. I managed to stab Nick, but well, he didn’t die. I knew something was wrong then.

The rebels and I managed to round a few more up and lock them away in the dungeon and then we torched the place. I’ve locked myself away for most of this past year, trying to find another way to kill the Creator. Then I came to a passage about a child born of vampire and mortal and how ….” He stopped, not wanting to tell April that her child would plunge the world into darkness.

“What about Caleb?” April demanded.

“It said that the Creator could use your son to her advantage.” He sighed. “That is as much as I will tell you about it.”

“Where did Nick take him, where is this Creator? Don’t you or Alex know where she’s located?” April pleaded at him with her eyes.

He coughed slightly and then spoke again, “Alex disappeared that night. I asked many of the other rebels where he was but the only thing I found out is when he heard what Brian said about me, he left. He wasn’t even there to see what happened …” He looked up at April apologetically.

“When she bit me?” Her hand flew to her neck as she rubbed the spot.

“I’m sorry, I had to do that to you.” Kevin moved towards her again taking her hands in his. “I never would have if I could think of another way…”

April pulled her hands away and shook off the memory of their night together. “What can we do now to find Caleb?”

Kevin turned towards May, unable to look at April any longer. “I think I know someone who might be able to tell us where to find the Creator.”

May nodded and grabbed her purse along with April’s. “We’ll take my car.”

*****

The arrived in the alley behind the restaurant shortly and sat in the car. “Are you sure we can get in unnoticed.” May asked apprehensively.

Kevin nodded and pointed at a hidden doorway, the same doorway he came out of only an hour earlier. “There.”

The three got out of the car, April still clinging to Caleb’s blanket. Quietly they shut the doors and made their way through the doorway. April gasped as she noticed the dungeon still intact and she started to make her way through, the path burned into her brain from last year. May stared after her sister and Kevin motioned her to follow. “She’s been here before.” Was all he said for an explanation.

They walked in silence until they reached the door April remembered. Before she could push it open she could feel Kevin’s breath on her ear. “Not in that room.” He took her shoulders and turned her to the next door. Kevin unlocked the door and pushed it open.

“Brian, you have visitors.” Kevin said and the dark figure moved into the light. A chain clasped around his neck and legs kept him firmly attached to the all behind him, his arms were chained together behind his back.

Brian looked his visitors over, his ‘cousin’ brought with him the two girls he never thought he would have to see again. “What are those bitches doing here?” He spat.

May hid her disappointment at hearing him say this while at the same time desperately trying to get his attention, she wanted him to notice she still longed for him and wanted to be with him.

Furious, April moved in front of Kevin and slapped Brian across his face. “Where’s my son?”

Brian let out an evil laugh and stared right back into April’s eyes. “Is he a sweet thing?” He licked his lips. “I’m sure the Creator will love the taste of his young blood when she drains him.”

Kevin moved quickly and let his fist collide with Brian’s face, knocking the captive on the floor.

April flew from the room and ran back to where the car was, waiting for the other two so they could get home. They needed to pack and do something, anything was better then doing nothing.

*****

Alex watched Nick for a time, curious as to the young vampire’s actions. He decided that Nick might lead him to Kevin in another way so he waited and watched. He was getting good at watching. He smirked to himself as he bit into the rat he captured earlier. He gagged on the taste, still wishing to be released from this unfeeling life.
Chapter 5 by Purpura Lipstick
May sat across from Kevin at the table, he was out earlier catching is own food, rats he told her. Now she sat holding a cup of coffee and he was empty handed. “Tell me something Kevin,” May started. “You and the rest of the guys are unlike any vampires I ever read or heard about, except for the drinking blood, is there a reason?”

Kevin chuckled to himself. “They say the Creator made us all to be special in our own way.” He laughed. “Well what you’ve heard about killing us and sunlight killing us are true, but we are one of the few clans with our Creator still alive. Many of the other Creator’s were killed during power struggles but ours, well she’s special and chooses her companions carefully and then throws them into the world knowing that we have her full support.”

He hung his head, “This past year was the first time she came out of her castle to be with the clan and only a few trusted vampires know it’s location. Brian being one of them. That’s why we took a chance using April the way we, the way I did.”

May waited some time before she spoke “So how come you seem to care? I mean you have, feelings, it’s something I’ve noticed the others didn’t seem to have too much of.”

“Like I said, the Creator made us all different.”

“Kevin?” April’s voice interrupted the conversation. “I want to find my son. I need to do something, not sit around here any longer.”

Kevin stood and helped April back into her room. “You need to rest, we’ll start tomorrow.” Kevin followed April in the room, intent on talking to her about the last year and before.

May finished off her coffee and went into her room; she got ready for bed and climbed in turning off her table lamp. She lay awake staring at the ceiling, she couldn’t sleep, and thoughts of Brian flooded into her head. The lack of Brian dominating her dreams in the last year took their toll and made sleep almost impossible.

She couldn’t take it any longer; May threw back the covers and pulled on some jeans and another shirt. She listened at her door and heard hushed conversation coming from her sister’s room. She quietly grabbed a few things and made her way out of the apartment without making any noise above a rustle or swish of fabric.

*****

April sat on her bed; Kevin leaned against her dresser not wanting to get closer especially if he was not welcome.

“Why?” April asked, “Why did you pretend if you weren’t really gone?”

“I told you, I thought you were better off without me.” Kevin couldn’t help it he had to be closer to her. “It didn’t mean I didn’t care for you, I watched you from time to time, saw that you had your… our son.”

“So you got to see me, know how I was doing but I had to mourn.” April stood quickly off the bed leaving Kevin sitting. She stood next to her window; arms crossed looking out into the moonlight.

“April, I am sorry.” Again he stood and moved towards her wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. “Hate me all you want, but I will help you find your son.”

April glanced upwards into Kevin’s eyes and she knew she could never hate him, “Our son.” She whispered and hugged him tight.

*****

May stood in the alley outside the restaurant hoping that she could get into the door and find her way back to the room Brian was locked inside. She took a deep breath and walked towards the door pushing. She gasped with relief when the door opened; she quickly made her way inside and started walking.

She couldn’t help but shake with fear, she was putting herself back into danger, but she could no longer be without the dreams. She needed Brian’s face in her mind nightly, she needed the feeling he gave her in those dreams. She didn’t care if he returned the feelings so long as she was permitted the dreams.

She managed to find the door and open it, “Brian,” She whispered into the room half afraid of what would happen next.

“May?” Brian stood and moved towards the sliver of light in the room.

May came in and stood head down in front of Brian, “I can’t live without you,” she stuttered meekly.

Brian smirked, a side effect of controlling some ones dreams, they became addicted to them much like they would drugs. “You have come to set me free?”

May nodded and got the key she managed to take from Kevin’s coat pocket on the way out the door. She unlocked all the chains, lastly unlocking the one around his hands.

Brian stretched with relief then moved towards May so quickly she didn’t know what happened. He grabbed her neck with his hands and held her firmly. He could smell her blood and it smelled sweet to him, he knew he should not bite her, she was for the Creator, but the smell was overpowering. He moved her head to the side exposing her neck; he licked the length of her neck stopping himself before he bit into her soft flesh.

“I must find,” He stopped and tore from the room with lightening quickness. May ran after him trying to keep up.

“Wait for me,” She called after him. She made it out onto the street in time to see a body slump to the ground lifeless, Brian licking his lips and wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

When he turned towards her she shrunk away afraid that the body on the ground was soon to be her fate. Brian grabbed May’s arm and started pulling her away from the alley.

“We must find shelter, I need to meditate, I have been without contact with the Creator for far too long, I am sure she will be glad to know her most faithful servant is still hers to command.”
Chapter 6 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
Part of this chapter is dedicated to Trina. She is the reason I am writing fanfiction again. All because she reviewed the first story in this series. So if you are ennjoying my stories you have her to thank for reviving my desire to write. Trina I hope you enjoy YOUR chapter.
May sat in silence in the corner of the room where Brian told her to stay. They arrived at the safe house moments before and May begged Brian to let her sleep, to let her dream but he pushed her down and told her to wait, he had things more important to take care of.

She watched as he sat in the middle of the floor and started to breathe slow and steady. She never once thought it was strange to see him have to slow his breathing in order to meditate. She waited for him to finish so he could induce her sleep, she almost giggled in anticipation but knew that if she did Brian would not be happy.

Even with the other presence in the room, Brian was able to focus enough to open his mind to the Creator. He needed to talk with her; he needed to find out what his next plan of action should be. He let go of a deep breath when the connection was finally made.

My Queen, He started.

Brian my faithful follower, I see you have found your way back to me. There was a bit of spite in her thoughts.

I could not help being long, the traitor Kevin captured me and kept me from you. She did not respond to this so he kept going. I gleamed an idea of something new from Kevin, to save you and cast darkness over the world.

Yes, the child. I don’ know when or if my servant will be able to bring the child to me.

My Queen, if you are patient, I have another way to bring the child.

May watched Brian in the middle of the room, his lips moving as he spoke to someone in his mind. She only hoped that this would be over soon and she could finally sleep the sleep she’d been waiting for over a year.

Brian’s eyes fluttered open and he looked towards May. “You want to sleep?” He glided over towards May and took her hand in his. Together they approached the bed. May laid down closing her eyes preparaing for sleep. Instead of sleep, she felt something soft brush her lips. She opened her eyes only to be looking directly into Brian’s eyes inches away from her face.

She gasped fearful of an impending bite.

“Don’t fret, I will not bite. I have been longing to do with you in person what we did in dreams together.”

“But…” May started to protest. Wasn’t she for the Creator, to restore her to her glory so the world could be plunged in darkness? Brian’s lips covered hers again and she forgot about the Creator, her thoughts now only on Brian and the feelings he was giving her as he slipped her clothing off, kissing her body.

May’s body covered in goose bumps as Brian continued to explore her body. A rush of pleasure overcame her as Brian entered her, it was as in her dreams, they were one and May knew that she found where she belonged and with whom she belonged.

*****

April woke in Kevin’s arms full of unease. She rose quickly and ran into May’s room. “May, we have to go…” She stopped when she saw May’s bed still made, the sheets showing that no one slept in the bed overnight. “Kevin!” She shouted running back into her bedroom. “May is gone.”

Kevin bolted out of bed and threw his shirt over his head. April followed suit and got dressed herself. The two ran out of the apartment and got into April’s car. “Drive to the restaurant.” Kevin ordered. April did not protest the demand in his voice and sped through the streets, thankful no cops were on the prowl.

The two made their way through the maze only to find the door to Brian’s cell wide open, no prisoner inside. Kevin felt his pocket then slammed his fist into the wall nearby. “Damn.” He shouted. “I should have known that May might do something like this.”

“What do you mean?” April asked outraged. How dare he accuse her sister of doing something like set an evil vampire free?

“She’s been touched.” When he saw April’s look of confusion, he explained further. “Brian entered her dreams; it was something I was supposed to block as Alex blocked Nick from yours. I played at not being strong enough; I attempted to let Brian know I was playing my role with the rebels. I could not block him or he would be suspicious to my real intent with the rebels. It is my fault he has control over her now. I should have known that she would rescue him.”

“Why would she do that? Because he was in her dreams?”

Kevin turned towards April and took her hands. “If a vampire enters some ones dreams enough, the dreams themselves are addictive. Your sister had these dreams nightly for half a year at least.” He hung his head, saying he was sorry was not going to be enough this time.

April took in this new information, tears welling in her eyes, her nose threatening to run. “So my sister and my son are with them?”

Kevin nodded. “Let’s go, I know a few safe houses, we can start looking there. Perhaps they will leave a trail and lead us to the Creator and Caleb.”

They walked hand in hand back to April’s car where they turned from the alley on their way to one of the many safe houses in the city.

*****

Nick looked at the boy sleeping in the crib. A smirk crossed his face. Kevin’s child, he thought. This will get him back for what he did to my love. He missed Howie desperately and tried to remember their happy days together but hate clouded his mind and now he was bent on revenge on the one man that ruined his happiness.

*****

Alex sat outside where he saw Nick enter with the bundle. Nick was still inside he knew, he had not seen him leave yet. Maybe he never would leave. Alex thought he should get back to hunting Kevin, to find a time to strike back at him. He turned to leave when a cry came from the window of Nick’s rooms. Intrigued Alex scaled the fire escape of the building across the way. He glanced inside the room and saw Nick pick up the crying bundle. Nick had a baby with him; this was getting more intriguing. Alex was sure Kevin would show up at this place eventually so he decided to wait and keep an eye on Nick trying to care for a mortal baby.
Chapter 7 by Purpura Lipstick
May woke refreshed for the first time in a year. She pulled the body next to her closer and held on tight afraid that he might disappear and the feelings he knew how to give her would go with him.

“Morning?” Brian’s voice came from next to her.

“Yes, a wonderful morning.” She smiled up at him the thought hitting her, when did he need to eat next. She shrunk back, releasing him. “Are…are you… hungry?”

“Famished,” his lips formed a smile. “But not for blood.” He grinned again and moved his lips to meet hers.

A thought struck May, it was a fleeting thought last night but now she must ask. “Won’t the Creator be angry with you? April was impure, I was the last pure one and you have taken that from me.”

Brian shrugged. “The Creator spurned me last night. She claimed I wasn’t faithful and says she has found a new faithful follower. I am no longer hers.” He hoped he sounded sincere.

May’s heart did a flip inside her chest. She hoped this meant that they could finally be together that she could have a love like April had Kevin. She moved towards him again moving her lips towards his.

Brian held back his desire to bite her lips, the blood flowing through them would intensify his pleasure when they were one. He kept his teeth away from her flesh to avoid the temptation but he knew he would have to have some kind of nourishment soon. In over a year the taste of blood did not pass through his mouth, he was still weakened from it and needed more to recover fully.

Suddenly a thought flew across his mind. “Your sister…” he hissed. He almost went into telling her that they needed to leave so that her sister and Kevin could not find them and destroy him before his plans could come to fruition. Instead, he made something up quickly, “Your sister and Kevin, they still think I had something to do with Caleb going missing. We cannot let them find us or they will lock me up and find a way to destroy me when they finish the Creator.”

“I’ll just explain to her…” May began.

“I’m afraid Kevin will have painted a picture of a very evil me, he will never be convinced.” He hung his head proud that she was lapping this falsehood up. “No we must find Caleb and return him unharmed to his parents, it’s the only way we can convince the two that I am no longer the pawn of the Creator.” He held his laugh inside, he was not a pawn ever, and he was her right hand man the one that would sit by her side when the time came to rule over this land.

He could tell May was thinking things through, he wanted to help her make her mind up to what he wanted but he knew it would ruin things; she had to come to this decision herself. “It makes sense. We should leave to find Caleb. All I know is it was Nick that took him.”

“Nick huh?” What did that illegally made punk want with the child? He had no loyalty to the Creator why would he steal the child. “Well he might be making his way to the Creator through the many different safe houses we have, I think I know one he might be at.” He stood and grabbed his shirt and jacket watching May put her clothes on. She would make a great vampire, he thought to himself. “Ready?” He asked. May nodded and they were on their way.

*****

Kevin and April searched five of the safe houses already and at two of the houses, they were confronted by vampires that hated Kevin. April was learning quickly to defend herself and Kevin promised he would teach her more when they knew where to head.

Kevin kicked open the door at the newest safe house and walked inside. There was nobody there, but they didn’t expect actually to meet up with Brian, they were only looking for clues.

“Another dead end.” April stated after looking around for anything that might mean May and Brian were here at one point.

Kevin looked towards April and shook his head. “Someone was here.”

“How can you tell?” She questioned him.

He pointed towards the bed, sheets rumpled and a head imprint still apparent on the pillow. He reached down and touched the sheets. “Still warm, it was not long ago someone was here. I believe we are on to him.” Kevin looked up at April and smiled.

April sighed but could not help be worry still, the search turned up no information on either her sister or her son. “How will we know where they went next?”

“Your sister knows who took Caleb?”

April nodded, she couldn’t help but tell May, she was her sister and at the time, she did not know May would run to Brian.

“I believe they will be looking for Nick. I hope that he learned something from Howie on our ways and hiding or this will be a short search for Brian.” Kevin moved to the door steering April out of the room.

*****

Nick could feel that he was being watched. He did not know from whom or from where but he knew he needed to move on. He found a dog carrier bag and was pleased that Caleb fit inside. Mortals and their animals, he laughed. Grabbing the blankets he took when he took Caleb, Nick moved quickly and quietly.

Suddenly his head pounded and he felt a pull, the feel was familiar, someone was trying to call him in. He knew only one other vampire beside Howie would have that power over him. Not even the Creator could pull him towards her will, for she did not create him that was all Howie’s doing.

“Brian,” He whispered. “So you finally got away from Kevin.” He grinned and left the apartment fighting against the pull. “Not this time old Master.” There was too much anger boiling inside Nick for him to give in and let Brian take this from him, he deserved his trophy
Chapter 8 by Purpura Lipstick
Alex only left watching Nick for a few moments to grab a rat or two from the alley nearby. When he returned he found the apartment vacant. Angered with himself he slammed his hand into the metal of the fire escape. He ran down the rickety stairs and over to the other building finding his way into the safe house. There had to be something that said where they were going.

He was looking around the tiny bedroom, looking at the makeshift crib that held the child only moments before when he heard voices out in the hallway. There was a girl’s voice and… he gasped as he heard Kevin reply to the female voice. He flew towards the window whipping it open and jumping onto the landing as Kevin, having heard a noise, flew after him.

“Alex?” Kevin asked after him in shock.

Alex looked up in shock and started to run off, but was able to hear the woman in the room before he left, “Kevin the baby was here.”

“So,” Alex mumbled to himself. “Kevin is looking for the child; I need to find out why.” He ran as fast as he could to reach one of the many vampire libraries that hid throughout the city.

*****

May wanted to chat with Brian as they did when they would eat lunch together. They talked about work, life and what ever else was going on in their lives. May mostly talked and Brian listened intently. She hoped that they could get back to that after awhile she missed their chats.

“Brian where are we going?” She asked after they walked for at least two hours.

Brian shrugged and tried answer with a carefree sound. “I can’t remember where the safe house is.” That was not true, he knew where the safe house was he was walking around because he felt Nick move from the safe house and he could sense him to a point and then it seemed as if he disappeared. Howie must have been teaching him how to disguise himself from people, of course, he would have taught him, how else did Nick stay unnoticed for hundreds of years. Now it seemed that Nick was also learning to avoid the pull that he, Brian, had over all vampires.

He finally decided to forgo looking for Nick on the streets and see if he could find any clues to where he was going or what his plans were for the baby at the safe house he last felt Nick at.

As they approached the building, Brian felt him, Kevin. How Brian wanted to charge into the place and attack Kevin, he may not be able to kill him but he would make him live a slow painful rest of his existence. He dare not do what he wished with May tagging along with him, after all, where Kevin was April surely was not far behind. He could not risk April taking May away, not after he set up a new plan and set it in motion.

Turning he took May by the elbow and began to steer her away.

“Where are we going?” She asked a bit louder then Brian though she should. His hand came down on her mouth and he began to pull her forcefully away. When they were safe distance, Brian released May and let her talk as loud as she wanted.

“What are you doing?” she promptly yelled when he released her. “Why did we leave there so quickly and why did you keep me from talking?”

Brian looked at her with softness in his eyes she remembered from when they first met. “Kevin was there.”

“But we could have tried to talk with them; I could have convinced April you changed.” She looked at him hopeful. She wanted to go back and tell her sister she had a love like hers but the look on Brian’s face said that was impossible.

“They would only say that I was manipulating you. They would feed you some nonsense about me and I couldn’t stand it if you believed them.” More then likely they would tell the truth about him, but he couldn’t let May know that.

May looked at him unsure of what he was saying but his face was the face she remembered from when they first met, it was hard to say ‘no’ to him. “Where are we going now then?” She asked meekly.

Brian grinned; he loved the submissiveness of May. He was certainly glad he chose May to try to control when they discovered the girls of the prophecy. April would have been difficult; she was defiant and independent, traits he always hated in any woman but the Creator. He also chose to control her himself, it was years since the last time he controlled a woman, he missed the joy it gave him. “We can only move on, I did not sense Nick so they have not found him yet either.” He at least, knew that was true.

*****


April lay curled up on the bed tears uncontrollably falling from her eyes. “He was here.” She wailed repeatedly. Kevin was sitting next to her running his fingers through her hair, trying to sooth her. He could think of no words that would help so he only sat with her. Finally, he tried to speak with her.

“April we will find Caleb. Nick is not that far ahead. At least he’s not already with the Creator.” He knew they weren’t words of great comfort but he had not had to comfort anyone with such feelings before.

April looked up at Kevin, her eyes puffy and read from crying. She wiped her nose on her sleeve before she spoke. “We need to leave. If he was close then we need to leave to hopefully catch up with him.” She flew off the bed and towards the door.

Kevin wasn’t sure he should tell her the other thing he felt, that Brian was near the apartment. He didn’t want to have April choose between finding her son and saving her sister. It was imperative that they find Caleb before the Creator could plunge the world into darkness.
Chapter 9 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
Sorry that took so long. I sort of was in Writer's Block and couldn't find my exit. :-D
Alex searched the library for anything he could find, anything that might help him discover why Kevin was after the child. Finally, he came across something.
‘Children are the source of the purest blood. Since the vampire law passed in 1720, no longer are vampires to drain randomly mortal children. Only children allowed are left outside and unwanted. Such a child is a rare find indeed and many would hunt for one.’
Alex slammed the book shut. So, this was how far Kevin stooped. He was hunting for an unwanted child to drain. Anger flooded him and he threw the book across the room. Tearing from the library, Alex was determined to continue his hunt for Kevin.
Across the room, the book he threw lay open.
‘A child born from the union of vampire and mortal, destined to fulfill prophecies, will be the undoing of the known world. Darkness will envelop the world and those who love life will be extinguished.’ The page read.
*****
Brian gave up on looking for Nick, he had other plans in motion and did not need the twerp or the child he carried to finish his plans. He and May bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Now they sat next to each other on the flight. They would wait there until Nick made his appearance and then take the baby back. Brian made it clear he had to go through Hawaii to take the baby to the Creator.
May did not question where Brian got the money. He always seemed to have the money they needed for everything they did and May never once questioned where it came from. She sat staring out the window at the vast ocean under her.
“I’ve never been to Hawaii, but I’ve always wanted to go.” She looked towards Brian and then blushed. “…with someone I care about.” She added.
Brian smiled broadly back at her. “I hope we will be able to take in some sights after we find Nick and Caleb.” He really could care less about seeing Hawaii, even though he was immune to sunlight currently Brian thought Hawaii had too much sun and could not understand why the Creator made her home on these islands.
They arrived tired and ready to find their rooms and get some sleep. As they made their way upstairs Brian felt a presence he wasn’t sure he felt correctly. He swerved around looking everywhere for the vampire but he could not be found. He shrugged off the feeling and followed May inside the resort. They found their room and fell onto the bed. Brian wanted to sleep but he could tell May wanted to do other activities first.
He moved closer to May and held her in his arms. “Baby, I know you want to have some fun this first night, but I am tired still. I need to recover from my captivity still. Please don’t be mad.”
May pouted but didn’t push Brian. He was glad for that, the thought of making love to her again so soon repulsed Brian slightly. Mortal women were different from vampire women. How he longed to bite May like he would a vampire woman.
*****
April and Kevin looked around the airport terminal ticket booths. Airport security allowed them no further without a ticket. “I have no idea if Nick came here.” Kevin started, “But I know the Creator does not reside in Florida most of the year. Perhaps there is a way we can find out if Nick flew somewhere, or even if Brian and May went somewhere. Brian would head towards the Creator after all.” He did not want to look at April and the sadness he knew would be on her face.
“I think I’ll try something.” April told Kevin as she walked towards a help desk. Kevin watched her walk away with a smile playing on his lips.
He watched as April talked to the attendant and then she nodded and looked back at Kevin smiling broadly. “She found out where they went, amazing.” A few minutes later, she motioned for Kevin to come forward.

“You have you ID don’t you Kevin?” She looked at him questioning, did vampires have any form of ID.

“Of course,” He pulled out a wallet and a Florida identification card. “Never had a reason to drive though so I just got one of these.” He smiled at April and handed the card to the ticket sales woman. When they finished and walked away Kevin put his arm around April and hugged her. “So where are we going.”

“Hawaii.” She stated.

Kevin laughed, “That’s a relief. I was afraid we’d have to go somewhere cold and dreary.” He looked at April’s shocked face and stammered. “Well also I don’t have my passport updated.”

“How do you update your passport?” She was curious how an immortal vampire updated a document that could not possibly have the correct birth date.

“We have those who,” he got quiet to make sure no one nearby heard. “Well they forge documents for us.”

April stared ahead, of course that made sense. “Well we are at gate 32. We should get there soon.”

The couple arrived at their gate after a forty-five minute wait at security. They sat down next to each other and waited until their flight boarded.

“Now boarding flight 1021 to Hawaii,” A voice over the loud speaker announced.

Kevin looked at April. “Ready?” He asked.

April nodded and stood up. “I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.”
Chapter 10 by Purpura Lipstick
Alex could see Brian walking towards the resort guiding a woman he thought looked familiar. Was Brian bringing another feast for the Creator? Alex needed to know. He crept forward making sure to keep the hat he donned pulled down over his eyes. He watched as Brian turned in all directions searching for something or someone. Alex knew Brian was searching for him. He hoped he was at enough distance that he could not make him out.

Alex looked on in shock as the girl with Brian turned around so he could see her face. “May!” he gasped aloud. Even more curious Alex decided he needed to confront Brian and he stormed towards the resort. This resort had two condominiums that belonged to the clan; he would check both of those.

He reached the first one on the tenth floor and listened at the door, he heard murmurs behind the door. When he heard the name “Brian” said in a girl’s voice he kicked open the door.

“Alex,” Brian’s calm voice sounded as soon as he was in the room. Alex took a quick view of the room noting that May stood off to the side, not far from Brian. “I thought I felt your presence.”

“May, run quick out the door, I’ll protect you.” Alex said while still watching Brian. “Did you think you’d be able to take this girl to the Creator to finish what she started?” He asked Brian noticing May still not moving.

Alex moved towards May and moved to grab her arm; quickly she bolted away and ran into Brian’s arms. “What spell have you cast over her?” Alex shouted his question.

“Alex, I’m a changed man.” He started, ignoring Alex’s stifled laughter. “After May revealed her feelings for me something came over me and I just want to be with her.”

Alex looked at Brian skeptically. “Then what are you doing here of all places practically en route to the Creator?”

Brian let go of May and moved forward guiding Alex away from May so they could talk. “Listen, we are trying to get the baby before he falls into harm, and before Kevin can get to it.” He looked at Alex, “May wanted me to help with this and I promised her I would keep the baby from the Creator.”

“You are trying to stop Kevin?” Alex asked warily.

“Yes,” Brian responded.

“Then we have a common enemy and until he is taken care of you can count me as an ally.” Alex turned towards Brian and stuck out his hand, which Brian took and shook.

“And after that?” Brian asked.

Alex looked at Brian and then moved back towards May to give her condolences on losing her sister. “I’m sorry for your loss, but glad you have found something…special.”

May nodded at him, thinking he meant the loss of her nephew she replied. “Thank you.”

He turned to leave and turned back towards Brian briefly. “Until then…” With that, he left the room. Alex wasn’t sure he could believe Brian, but May was alive and that was proof enough that Brian did not give May to the Creator and that was some proof of Brian telling the truth.

*****

The plane touched down and April took hold of Kevin’s hand as they exited the plane. April looked around amazed; she loved the open airport, never before had she been in an airport without walls around the walkways.

“It’s beautiful here.” April stated that as she looked towards Kevin’s face, he looked solemn and unhappy. “What’s wrong?”

“The only safe house I’m aware of will probably be inhabited by Brian by now.”

“Don’t worry about a place to stay,” April pulled him along the walkway. “My parents own a rental property here and what luck it’s unoccupied currently.”

“How do you know May won’t be there?” Kevin questioned a smile beginning to play on his lips.

April had an impish smile on her face. “My parents did not give her a key, they gave me one. I used to help them with their accounting work.”

Kevin shook his head. “You must have been upset when the only work you got last year was a night club.”

April shrugged, “It was something different and I thoroughly planned to be running the place as a manager at this time. That is if the job was really legit and I didn’t get it just because some vampires were trying to kill me.” She smiled broadly at this and held tightly to Kevin’s hand.

The two got a taxi and rode in silence to the rental property. April unlocked the door and let them both inside; plastic covered the sparse furniture giving the place an eerie feeling.

April moved inside and started to take the plastic off the couch while Kevin came up behind her pulling her close and holding her. He breathed in the smell of her hair. “April, I do believe I love you.”

April turned to face him, putting her arms around his neck. “Kevin I do believe I will always love you.” She stated before planting her lips firmly on his.

“April,” Kevin pulled away. “We shouldn’t do this again. When the time comes, I fully intend to end my existence. I shouldn’t have told you I love you it will only make it more difficult when I am gone.”

A tear formed in April’s eye and she hugged Kevin closer. “But if I don’t love you while you are alive I will regret it the rest of my life.” She moved in again and kissed his lips, this time Kevin did not pull away but kissed April back. They moved towards the couch still locked in a kiss. Gently they moved down onto the couch caressing each other. The sun outside started to sink, giving the sky a pink and orange glow, as inside Kevin and April made love.
Chapter 11 by Purpura Lipstick
April looked over at Kevin lying next to her. “What are we going to do now?” She asked him holding in the tears threatening to fall.

Kevin looked at April and then looked away, her face was too much to handle. He didn’t have an answer for her; he really did not know where to go from here. He knew of only two people who were trusted enough by the Creator to be given her hideout location. Kevin sighed knowing neither one of them would divulge that information to him now.

“We could stake out the airport?” April asked. “Nick is probably not here yet, we could watch for him.” April said practically jumping out of bed.

Kevin followed suit and got off the bed and pulled on his clothes. They solemnly walked out of the rental and managed to find their way to a café not far away from the airport.

“We can get something to eat here then we can walk around the market area, if he gets off on a plane here, he will have to pass this way.” April said pushing the doors to the café open.

“I’ll have to find nourishment elsewhere soon.” Kevin said giving April a look that told her exactly what he meant by that statement.

They were seated at a table on the patio and they sat quietly while they ordered coffee and food, watching the streets for any sign of Nick. Whey they could not drag out their stay there any longer they rose and decided to walk around the streets and act like tourists.

After a few minutes Kevin grabbed April’s arm and moved her inside a store into a corner. “I have to go.” He said eyeing her so that she would catch his meaning, he needed blood.

April nodded and stayed in the store watching Kevin walk out in search of something to keep his energy.

Kevin glanced around outside the store trying to find an alley or anywhere he could find a rat or two to drain. He finally found a road that looked somewhat deserted; he started down keeping his eyes open for any scurrying varmints.

“What are you doing down here?” A dark figure emerged from behind a dumpster.

“Alex, I thought I felt you.” Kevin looked at his former friend hoping that they could mend things. “I hoped I would be able to talk to you.”

“Talk to me? Why so you could persuade me to rejoin with Brian. This existence has to end Kevin, I will make it end!” Alex yelled as he charged Kevin slamming him into a warehouse door forcing the door to break. They both fell to the floor, Kevin shoving Alex away as best he could.

“Alex you have it all wrong.” Kevin tried to say but was interrupted by Alex’s fist colliding with his face.

“You chose your side Kevin, I am out for revenge. You will pay for your deceit.”
“Alex you left, you didn’t even see what happened.” Kevin managed to get out.

“Brian told me.” Alex shoved Kevin across the room. “I saw May with him, he could not sacrifice her, but you had no issues getting rid of April. She trusted us, how could you do that to her?”

Kevin charged at Alex pinning him against the opposite wall. “Is that what you think? And what do you think is going on now?” Kevin strength was draining quickly, he was using everything he had to keep Alex pinned so he could get what he needed to hear and say out.

“I know you are after that child, probably want to feed it to the Creator too.” Alex snarled.

“Kevin?” a feminine voice rang out. “I saw you come this way and saw…” the voice stopped when she saw the entanglement.

“April go back.” Kevin said in her direction.

Alex looked towards the woman, “April?” he asked. “I thought…” He looked towards Kevin then towards April. “He didn’t sacrifice you?”

*****

Nick stood in the airport terminal; he managed to find a proper carrier for the child so that the airport attendants would let him through. He held his tickets tight in his hand; he needed to get far away from where he was Brian was looking for him. He needed to reach his destination quickly, time was short, and too many people were searching for the child.

He looked down at the sleeping child, he hoped he would stay quiet the entire plane ride.

“You look too much like Kevin; it’s starting to freak me out.” He muttered to the sleeping Caleb.

Nick boarded the plane and got comfortable, almost forgetting to put Caleb on the seat next to him. Angry passengers stared at him and a few muttered that he get the baby out of the aisle. He glared at them and a few stopped talking. Nick hoped nothing happened, planes were hard to get a snack on and it was too soon to open one of the baby’s veins. He laughed to himself at the thought.

He listened to the emergency instructions and leaned back waiting for take off. Soon the captain come on and announced the flight plan. Nick smiled and looked out the window over Caleb watching the plane rise in the air.

*****

Brian sat next to May on the couch as she flipped through the channels. “I feel like we should be doing something Brian.”

Brian looked towards May, “Nick will come this way.” He smiled at her and kissed her deeply. He moved towards her taking the remote and turning off the television. He continued to kiss her covering her body with his. “We just need to pass the time until he shows.”
Chapter 12 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
I apologize about the time between chapters, but I am in the middle of actually trying to get my backstreet site off and running again. *dances*
Brian sat on the floor in the middle of the condo, his legs crossed, humming a meditative tone. May was out shopping so Brian thought it was the perfect time to make the communication he needed but was avoiding with May near.

“Antigone,” he breathed out.

‘I am here,’ her voice resounded in his head.

“Did you send Nick after the child?” he dared ask the question even though it might anger her that he ask.

‘I did not,’ she responded. ‘I have no inkling as to what the outsider is doing with the child. I did not contact him and he is not under any orders of mine.’

“I understand.”

‘How is your endeavor panning out? It better be worth it, I sacrificed my virgin for you and your plan.’ There was a hissing tone to her voice.

“I assure you my mistress that if it all works, I will provide you with something far more valuable then a mere virgin.” Brian heard the door opening and severed the connection, quickly standing so he could meet May at the door.

“May dear, how was shopping?” He asked taking her into his arms and kissing her lightly.

“There is so much to see and do here Brian; I really wish we could travel together. Why won’t you come with me to a few places?”

Brian shook his head, “I cannot risk being caught by Kevin again.”

“But how do we know he is even here?” May asked hugging Brian tightly. “For that matter, how do we even know Nick is here?”

Brian sighed and looked at May; he could not tell her how he doubted Nick would show up now, how he only really brought them here to be in a romantic setting. He needed May to give herself over to him nightly, it was all for his greater plan.

“May, please just trust me. It is all I ask of you.”

May narrowed her eyes and looked deeply into Brian’s. “Yes, of course I believe you.”

Brian grinned at May and kissed her gently. “Thank you.” He said. He took May by the hands and pulled her towards the bedroom.

“Brian, not now.” She stated firmly.

“C’mon baby.” Brian continued to pull her towards the bed.

“Brian, NO!” May screamed at him. “I am not feeling like that right now.”

Brian stood glaring at May; his eyes narrowed, hate seeping through. “What do you mean ‘no’?” He questioned. He stood staring at her until the smell reached him. “You bleed, I understand.” He walked away from her and shut the bedroom door. “DAMN!” He whispered somewhat loudly. His plan had not taken hold yet, but he would not despair, he would wait until she was done and they would start again.

*****

Alex stood staring at April, and then his moved quickly over to Kevin. “So what you are telling me is that you did indeed bed April,” he paused to cough quickly, uncomfortable talking about how the two forced April and Kevin to sleep together as part of their plan. “You did go through with our plan, but Brian thought you were on his side?”

“Yes, I had been playing both sides. As a consequence I could not protect May from Brian’s mind intrusions. If I had, he would’ve known my true colors.” Kevin walked next to April and put his arms around her protectively.

“Then April had your baby?” Alex asked in disbelief. “How is that even possible? I did not think we could create life from our lifeless bodies.”

Kevin nodded, “I did not think so either, but it happened.”

“So now the baby that Nick took, you think he’s bringing him to the Creator so that she can bring the world into darkness like she was meant to last year?”

It was April’s turn to nod and speak. “That would be what we are afraid of, we must get Caleb back.”

Alex nodded knowing it was his turn to play both sides. He only hoped that Brian would not be the wiser the second time around that he was being played. “So what do we do now?”

“We need to find out what Brian knows.” Kevin took charge. “Alex you have to find out, you are the only one who can.”

Alex nodded knowing he was now playing the part Kevin played only a year ago. “I will find out what he knows and tell you all I know.” Alex turned from Kevin to April and took her hand in his, his lips gently brushing the back of her hand. “I will do everything I can.”

Kevin and April watched as Alex left and then looked back towards each other, with more hope that they would find Caleb soon.

****

Alex stood outside the door where he met with Brian earlier. Holding his breath he knocked on the door.

“Come in.” a female voice called out to him. “Alex?” She asked in surprise when she saw it was him.

“May,” He replied.
“I hope you didn’t come here thinking to ‘rescue’ me again.” She laughed. “I finally have what I want and I won’t let it go.”

“May, I have only come for information. I cannot figure out my next course of action against Kevin if I do not know what your next step is.”

May looked at Alex confused briefly but then spoke. “We are waiting for Nick to show up.”

“How will we know when Nick is here?”

May shrugged her shoulders and moved to a chair falling into it. “I think Brian can call him, but I am not positive.”

Alex nodded; of course he would be able to call him. Brian knew how to call all vampires of their clan together. “Where’s is Brian?”

“Feeding,” May motioned towards the outside. “It seems it’s the only time he leaves this place.”

Alex cringed, he was sure May thought Brian switched to animals but he knew there was someone out there losing their life as he stood here talking with May. He sat on the couch opposite May and just watched her, he wondered what Brian’s plan with her was, was he taking her to the Creator for a feast again? No, he could smell it, there was faint smell of sex lingering in the room, and she was made impure by Brian. What good could come from that? Suddenly the thought struck him and he stood to leave.

“I should also find a rat or two to tide me over. I will need my strength to fight Kevin when we meet.” He exited the room and the hotel making sure he was a good distance away before breaking into a run. He had to tell the others, Brian was not waiting for Nick to bring the child, he was trying to create his own child for the Creator.
Chapter 13 by Purpura Lipstick
The room where the three stood was freezing, but April was the only one who noticed the cold. This new information that Alex brought to them shed a new light on their situation but it worried May even more. If Brian had not come to Hawaii to get Caleb from Nick then they were back at the beginning trying to find Caleb.

“What are we going to do now?” April moved closer to Kevin and wrapped her arms around him. She needed to feel him now, she needed to be close she did not notice the looks Alex gave the two of them. “We need to find out where Nick is going, I want my son back.”

Alex stared at the two of them confused. “We can’t leave!” He shouted startling the two. “We are here, we know Brian’s plans, and we have to stop him!”

The door to the room slammed open and a voice from that direction sounded. “I didn’t think I could trust you Alex, I knew you’d come running back to these pathetic beings.” Brian waved his hand in Kevin and April’s general direction.

“You lied to me Brian. You let me believe that Kevin did betray me, that April was sacrificed. Did you think I would stay loyal to you after I found out the truth?” The words flew from him mouth moments before Brian was standing in front of him, his hand tightening around Alex’s neck.

“You should not have provoked me!” His face was in Alex’s. A second later he was tossing him across the room, Alex’s body slamming into the wall across the way, a faint trickle of blood seeped from his lip before healing back over.

Brian then turned his attention to April, standing in front of her before she could move; his hand was around her neck lifting her off the ground. He brought his arm back ready to toss her into the staggering Alex.

Kevin grabbed April as Brian released her and let her go gently on the ground.

“You make me sick. You are a pathetic excuse for a vampire. Do you not realize we are the supreme beings? Humans should bow to us, they should serve us, we should not bend our will, our destinies to them.”

Kevin glared at Brian and rushed at him throwing both his hands out hitting his abdomen forcing him across the room. “You do not know what you are talking about.”

Brian laughed, clutching his stomach as he stood. “You have not told her then? Told her why our Creator made you?”

Kevin averted his eyes from April; he did not want to see the look on her face. It was Alex that spoke next. “What are you talking about?”

Brian kept his eyes on Kevin but directed his conversation at April. “Your love…” He took a moment to laugh before continuing. “He has not told you of his reason for creation. He thought only he would know the reason. But the Creator entrusted me with the knowledge of why all her children were created. And your story,” a soft chuckle arose but was quickly stopped. “You story is most interesting.”

“You are only trying to turn us against Kevin again.” Alex shouted running across the room using his whole body to ram into Brian, knocking them both over.

Kevin took April’s hand and quickly drug her from the building, running as fast as he could.

“Kevin I can’t keep up with this pace. Slow down.” April pleaded.

Kevin slowed a bit, but kept running away from Brian, running away from the words, running from what Brian reminded him.

They finally stopped; April fell to the ground breathing heavily. “What…. was … he …talking about?” she managed to force out.

“Nothing.” Kevin muttered. He did not want the woman he loved to start thinking anything bad about him again. He knew the reason he was created but he wanted to stop that from happening at all costs.

*****

Nick grabbed the carrier with the sleeping child and got in line to exit the plane. A young woman stood in front of him, her hair pulled up in a messy bun. He could not help but glance at her neck; the vein pulsed lightly under her skin. He was hungry, he needed to find substance and soon, else he ruin the child for his future plans.

Stepping off the plane, the warm breeze welcomed him. He inhaled deeply. He always loved traveling to this place. Howe brought him here only a couple times, but the memories stayed with him, he wanted to be here now since his favorite times with his lover were in this paradise.

He walked by the baggage claim, he had nothing to collect. He caught a few glances his direction from women who spotted the child. He had nothing for the child, no diapers, and no bottles. He knew what they were thinking, but they need not worry, the child would be cared for. He was important to his plans and needed to live, for awhile at least.

Nick stood on the sidewalk and hailed a cab, sliding in behind the driver, the urge to eat was getting stronger. He handed a slip of paper to the man and barked “Drive fast.” He sat back and watched the trees and plant life buzz by. It was only short minutes until they were where he wanted to go, he thrust some money in the driver’s direction and grabbed the baby.

He took the child inside and set him down, making sure he was still sleeping he went back outside, locking the door behind him. He saw a beach with beautiful people sun-bathing people. He strolled over and stood under a tree, it was not long until the good looks Howie always complimented him on attracted a couple girls. Glancing around he chatted them up and then took them behind the building Caleb was napping in. His hand crushed one girl’s mouth as his teeth sank into the other girl’s neck. Blood rushing down his throat was a welcome delight.

When he finished with the other girl he unlocked the door and looked at Caleb starting to stir from his slumber. “Ah, my companion is waking.” He giggled and moved towards the fridge, opening it to see rows and rows of already made formula. “I really should give that maid a raise.” He laughed and removed a bottle, taking it over to Caleb holding it towards the boy’s mouth. Caleb reached towards Nick’s mouth grabbing his lips where blood dried.

“One day Caleb, you too will know the joy of the taste of blood.”
Chapter 14 by Purpura Lipstick
I April stared at Kevin from across the room. He would not look at him since they got back from the run in with Brian. “Kevin what was he talking about?” She asked him for the second time since they arrived back at the house. Kevin sighed knowing he needed to tell April, it would be worse if Brian told her.

“I know why the Creator made me, I’ve always known.” He started.

“So what, she made you all different.” April stated.

“It’s not that easy April; I did not always feel that I was living a sham life. I believed that it was my destiny to rule in darkness alongside Antigone.”

“Is Antigone the Creator?”

Kevin nodded. “Like I told you before, she made us all different. She made me so that I would always be able to have children. I knew I could get you pregnant that night.” He averted his eyes, not wanting to see how April might be looking at him. “Antigone and I were going to rule together and she wanted a child to raise as a dark heir. It was my job to produce such a child. We found the perfect woman and it was my job to romance her and get her pregnant, after she gave birth we would simply take the child and kill the woman.”

April made a disgusted sound but kept her words to herself, she wanted Kevin to finish the story.

“I remember Olivia’s dark eyes, the sadness in them when Antigone slit he throat. It was then I realized I loved her. I kept my feelings hidden but could not stand by and watch Antigone raise Olivia’s child to be evil. I could think of nothing else April, you have to understand that. I did what I thought would be best at the time.” Tears welled in Kevin’s eyes and began to roll down his cheeks.

April moved closer to him and put her hand on his knee willing him to continue.

He waited for the tears to slow some before continuing. “She was out one night and I took my son, so small. He had his mother’s eyes. I took him into the bathroom and put him in a tub of water, let him slip down...” Kevin could not contain his tears anymore. “I…. killed… him….” He buried his face in his hands and let the wails sound.

April stared at Kevin, this new revelation giving her mixed feelings. She loved Kevin, but he did horrible things in his past including killing his own son; would he go that far now to keep Caleb away from the Creator? She stood and walked towards the door. “I need a moment to think about this.” She mumbled before exiting, Kevin only nodded but did not look up.

It was not a long walk back to where she was only a few hours before, where Alex and Brian fought briefly. She wondered if either were still there, she pushed the door opened slowly and gasped as she looked at Alex hunched over on the floor. “Alex?” She questioned, was it possible that Brian found some way to kill him with the Creator still alive.

The body on the floor groaned and rolled over. “April?” he asked. “What are you doing back here?”

“I could say was concerned about you, but you’d probably see through that ruse.” She said as she helped Alex sit up and then stand, moving him to a chair. “I wanted to ask you something.”

“I cannot tell you that, it’s Kevin’s story. I do know that his grief is real and he has never gotten over what he did. It is one of the main reasons he desires an end to this life.” Alex stated quickly.

April shook her head. “That isn’t what I was going to ask, but thank you for that.”

Alex stared at her, “What did you want to know then?”

“Where is my sister?” She asked determined. “She’s with Brian; Brian is my only lead to Caleb, despite him not really looking for him. I also want to save my sister.”

He nodded and told her where she could find the two, if they had not left already.

*****

Brian charged through the door and grabbed May up from the couch. “We need to talk.” He looked into her eyes, his blue eyes shining. “I have a request of you, it is a large one so I will understand if you refuse, but just know I’m thinking of us when I make it.”

May caressed Brian’s face and kissed him lightly. “Ask.”

“I want to be with you forever May; I can not stand to think of my life without you by my side. Since I can not die so we could be together in an afterlife, I ask you to join me in my eternal walk on this planet.”

May looked at Brian shock showing on her face. “You are asking me to become a vampire to stay with you forever?” She could not hide the smile on her face.

“It is a huge request to ask you. I understand if you need time, but know that Kevin knows where we are, Alex betrayed us and I’m afraid that Kevin will try to capture me again. We need to move on.” He looked towards the outside window to help show the urgency.

“Brian,” May gasped. “It is like you were reading my mind.” She giggled remembering the dreams from before they met. “I’ve been considering how to ask you if I could become a vampire.” She leaned her neck towards Brian as an offering, expecting to be changed at the very moment.

Brian gazed at her neck longing to be the one to make this change, to take another thing from April, but he shook his head. “If I turn you, you can still be killed. Being turned by a child of the Creator is not strong; you need the Creator to turn you herself so that you have no chance of dying as long as she lives.”

May turned her head straight again and nodded. “Then what are we waiting for, let’s go to the Creator.” She grabbed Brian’s hand and headed towards the door.

They both hurried outside and hailed a cab, Brian gave the directions to the driver and they were off, unaware of the cab following them carrying April.
Chapter 15 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
whoohoo I figured out exactly where I want this story to go. The end is getting closer :-D
April had her cab driver park a distance away from where the cab carrying Brian and May stopped. She got out and slipped into some bushes nearby carefully moving forwards watching her step so she did not break a twig and give away her whereabouts. She inched closer and saw the couple walk into the large house. She managed to get close enough to situate herself under the window. She looked in and saw Brian standing next to May; both were talking to the red-headed woman from last year, the Creator.

“Brian what is the meaning of bringing her here?” The Creator spat out at the two of them. “I thought you weren’t going to come here until your plan took seed.”

May looked at Brian for a second but shook it off as he spoke of their request. “May wishes to spend eternity with me.” He looked at the Creator giving her a look that he hoped she caught on to without saying more, or anything to turn May off the idea.

“So you have found love at long last Brian?” The Creator smiled an evil smile, catching on to the game Brian was playing.

May shook with fear as Brian guided her towards the Creator. She clung to his arm as long as she could before he pried her hand off. “It is better I stand back.” He said giving her a smile of encouragement. May nodded and looked back towards the Creator.

“Are you prepared to say good-bye to this life?” The Creator’s green eyes sparkled with delight at the thought of turning her.

May tipped her neck towards the other woman and closed her eyes, bracing for the pain she knew was imminent. The Creator brought the girl closer and sunk her teeth deep into the girl’s neck; she was not feeding so the impure blood did not harm her. A noise outside startled everyone in the room and caused the Creator to look up. She turned behind her and uttered a few words and then continued to bite the neck in front of her.

May screamed an ear piercing scream as the pain surged through her body. Her body convulsed and the Creator removed her fangs allowing the girl to fall to the floor and continue to writhe in pain. Brian looked at the red-headed Creator and smiled an evil smile back, they both loved to watch the pain a new vampire went under before they turned completely.

It was only a minute later when the screaming stopped and May stood facing the two other vampires in the room. “I feel so different, everything looks so different.” She held out her hand and waved it in front of her eyes. She stepped towards a chair and grabbed it feeling the material. “It’s so… unusual.”

She danced like a child, kicking off her shoes. She hugged the Creator and moved towards Brian. She came face to face with him and looked him in the eyes. She let out a small squeal and backed away from him.

“I know all about it now. You only used me to force my sister’s hand, to make her choose between me and her son. You only wanted to make her suffer and you used me to do it. I can see through all your games now Brian. Did you not know this would happen when I turned?”

Brian cackled at May. “May dear, I knew it would happen. I did not want to continue pretending to love you, to sleep with you in that disgusting human ritual.” He shuddered towards her. “I only wanted to turn you to hurt your sister, too bad you did not see it until after you became a vampire.”

May’s eyes enlarged and she flew at Brian. “You bastard!” She flung her fists toward Brian but he dodged them easily. He grabbed her wrists and flung her across the room.

“Children,” a calm voice called from the opposite side of the room. “Brian you should know better then to pick a fight with a new born vampire.” The Creator walked in a floating like manor and stood at May’s side holding her hand out to her. “My child,” She said in an almost loving nature as she helped her to her feet. “I suggest you stay in my home with me and learn of the vampire nature before you go into the world.” The Creator clapped her hands and a male servant appeared at the door. “Please show my newest child to her room.”

“Yes mistress.” The man replied and started to walk out expecting May to follow but not making sure she did in fact follow.

May walked the halls, keeping her head down. She fell right into Brian’s trap, why did she not see it sooner. She knew the answer; she wanted Brian to love her the way Kevin loved April. She never could stand her twin having anything that she too could not have. She brought this on herself and now she was separated forever from her sister by this disease.

Her thoughts of her sister brought an image to her mind. Her sister was hiding in some bushes outside the mansion. She was scared. May needed to get to her. She opened her door and crept down the stairs, she could hear Brian and the Creator talking in the room she left. She moved as quietly as she could and made her way out the front door.

She walked only a few steps before she was where she wanted to stand. “April” She spoke quietly. April stood in front of May, eyes red and puffy, tear stains running down her cheeks.

“How could you May?” She asked.

“I did not see the manipulation until after. I hope that one day you can forgive me.”

The girls heard rustling coming towards them. May watched the shock appear on her sister’s face.

“May I see you have brought me a gift. I shall love the chance to kill one of those responsible for my near demise.” The Creator’s voice rang out clear in the night.
Chapter 16 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
ooh the end is nearing, are you as anxious as I am?

Don't worry I plan on writing the Beginnings so you all can find out how it all began. :-D
Alex could feel Kevin’s eyes boring into him as they sat on opposite couches. Alex found Kevin and told him that he knew where April was but that she asked him to promise not to tell Kevin. She said she was going to be back shortly, so what was there to worry about Alex had asked him. Kevin was pissed, but he waited for her to come back, staring Alex down the entire time.

“I think I found where Nick might be.” Alex managed to stammer out.

“If you knew where Nick was, why did you let April go after May and Brian?” Kevin growled.

Alex looked down at his hands, unsure the next course of action. “I really thought she was just going to try and talk to May; I didn’t think it would take her this long.” He offered as a poor apology.

“You didn’t think that Brian would let April leave again?” Kevin stood, unable to stay calm anymore. He flew at Alex grabbing him by the neck and holding him against the wall. “If you thought I was bad when I was the Creator’s pawn, imagine what I’m going to do to you if I find out anything bad has happened to April.” He released Alex and watched him rub his neck. “Don’t you know where the Creator lives?” Kevin asked angered that they just didn’t head there.

“I do, but why would they go there, Brian does not have a child to offer her anymore. There will be no child’s blood for her.”

Kevin laughed at Alex and moved away. “You all think this is about the blood of the child don’t you? Or the prophecy about the child undoing the world, that child was Antigone!” He looked back at Alex. “She was the child that would bring the world to darkness.”

Confused Alex asked, “Well then why does she want your child?”

“Because, he is my child!” Kevin yelled at him.

“But Brian, he is trying to make a child with May.”

“Brian, I’m sure, thinks that Antigone will be pleased with any child, she does love the sound of a child’s laughter.” Kevin sat, laying his head in his hands. “She either wants to raise my child as her own, to turn him against me later or flat out kill him because he is mine. Either way she wants her revenge on me for what I did when I killed my first child.”

*****

“Why?” May questioned. “You have a new follower; I want to follow in your footsteps, why do you need her?”

“I have lived a long time my child,” Antigone looked at May, holding April by the neck. The young vampire was no match for her and could not stop her from attacking her sister. “I am glad that you have chosen to become my child, but your sister; well she’s my revenge dear. It has nothing to do with you and I’m sorry you have to see this, but it will be done.”

“Revenge?” May questioned hoping it would stall the Creator long enough for her to think of some plan to save her sister.

“Kevin,” she muttered and took a deep breath. “I can smell him all over your sister.” She turned her eyes from May and looked directly into April’s scared eyes. “He is mine and I will have him back!”

Brian screamed in frustration from across the garden. “You want him still?” He screamed at the Creator. “After all he put you through, you are still willing to take him back as if none of the past hundred years happened?” Turning from the scene he ran into the darkness ashamed and upset.

May looked back at the Creator who stood smirking in the direction that Brian ran off into.

“Pathetic, he was always trying too hard to be…” The Creator stopped mid-sentence and began to squeeze April’s neck tighter.

“I guess I have you to thank for existing still May, and that is the reason I did not flat out kill you, but honored your request to join me. Your sister almost got me killed. You, of course, helped, but when you leaned down to me that night and let me lick the blood from your lips. That little bit was enough to recharge me until I could find a new blood source.”

April’s scared eyes turned to look at May the best she could, shock now portrayed.

The Creator cackled. “Yes April, your sister is the reason I am still walking this earth. So I can forgive you May, but April has to go. That way when I get a hold of her son he will not have to worry about a mortal woman trying to convince him that she is his mother, he will call me mother.”

April kicked her legs towards the Creator, but without breath her movements were beginning to become limited and her face was turning purple.

May crouched towards the ground and wept.

“Get your tears out now, my child; you will not feel these emotions after tonight. I did not allow you to keep them like I have some of my sons.” The Creator turned her head from May and continued to strangle the life out of April.

May looked around her, finding rocks she picked one up and threw it at the Creator’s head, hitting the side of her face.

“May, darling, do not try your mother’s patience. You’ll find I am kind, but I punish harshly when there is just cause. I want all my children to obey their mother.” She finished before another rock smacked her head. Another rock started to fly towards her face, the Creator dropped April and used her hands to protect her face but not in time, one final rock May threw hit her on her temple and knocked her to the ground.

May took her opportunity and flew towards the Creator, sitting atop her and picking up various rocks, bashing the Creator’s head in. With her new found strength she watched as she continued to smash the woman’s head in, eventually tearing the skull away from the rest of the body.
She looked down at her clothes covered in blood and then looked at her sister. She screamed in agony and tore away following after Brian.
Chapter 17 by Purpura Lipstick
April groggily arose and looked at her surroundings. She wondered where she was until she turned and saw a body on the ground missing her head. She heard a scream and since she could see no one else around, she knew the sound escaped from her lips.

The Creator was dead at long last; her clan could now be killed. April sat down on a large rock and wept. Her son was not here, the Creator did not have Caleb but then April knew that before she came. Kevin and Alex could finally end their existence, but she still did not have Caleb.

She came to a decision; she would not tell Kevin and Alex that the Creator was dead until after she had Caleb back, she needed the two men to help her. Brushing herself off with a new found strength April turned towards the road leading away from the mansion determined to find her son and be done with the whole situation once and for all.

*****

Alex and Kevin both began to pace about the room. Several hours had passed and April still had not come back.

“One thing Kevin, I don’t understand.” Alex stopped pacing and turned towards the other man. “If the Creator was not after the blood of your child, why did this whole thing start after you read the prophecy about a child that would plunge the world into darkness?”

Kevin shrugged and plopped into a chair. “I needed a reason to see April again; I needed a reason to get her help ending the Creator’s existence. I felt that excuse was as good as any. I did not expect Nick would take the child and May would run off with Brian.” He put his head in his hands. “I guess I should have just made myself known to April sooner, and then none of us would be in this situation.”

Both men sat in silence, jumping when they heard the door begin to open.

“Hi,” April said meekly. “Were you worried?” She asked after looking at both men’s haggard faces.

Kevin enveloped April into his arms and held her close. “Worried, does not begin to describe the feelings I felt with you not here.”

April breathed a sigh of relief and let Kevin hold her close.

“What happened?” Kevin asked curious as to why April was shaking.

April considered telling Kevin the truth right then and there, but that would not suit her purposes and she desperately needed Kevin and Alex’s help to get Caleb back. “Nothing really, I guess I was just frightened by seeing the Creator close again. I don’t think she knew I was there though.” She moved away from Kevin and kept her eyes averted so he could not see the lie in her eyes.

“I believe I know where Nick is.” Alex chimed in figuring it was the perfect time for some good news.

April looked towards him expectedly. “Where? How?” She questioned.

Alex took a piece of paper from his back pocket and showed it to April. It was a bill for electricity.

“What does this bill have to do with anything?” She asked, annoyed that Alex would assume she could figure it out. She wanted to be on a plane or boat or whatever she needed to be on to find her child, not playing guessing games.

“Well, see, when Howie was… killed. I took the liberty of getting all his bills mailed to a trust that we had set up in the mean time. As sort of precaution to find stray clan members when the time came to hunt them down.” Alex looked smugly at the others. “This bill is one of Howie’s safe houses.”

“Would Nick really go to one after all this?” Kevin mused.

“Why wouldn’t he? He really doesn’t know anywhere else to go. Howie kept that boy under lock and key for a thousand years.” Alex smartly spoke. “I say we go there, it is where I believe Nick is.”

“We can’t just go off of this.” April interjected. “What if another vampire figured he would use Howie’s place as a safe house knowing Howie was gone?”

“Good question, April.” Alex replied still looking smug. “That is why I did further research and discovered that the person that was taking over that house asked for a maid who would be able to fix several bottles of formula and have them ready before he arrived.”

The news excited and shocked April so much that she nearly fell over in happiness. “Caleb.” She muttered. “Let’s go!” She shouted towards the others already out the door.

*****

May followed Brian into a large garden around the back of the Creator’s house. “Brian.” She called out to him. He did not stop, he kept fleeing. Finally he reached the center of a flower maze and sat down in the middle looking up at May.

“I wanted to be with her.” He said. “Everything I did I did to please her, to benefit her.”

May could feel rage boiling up inside of her. “You did it all for her? You felt nothing for me, after she admitted to us that she still wanted to be with Kevin, you would still go back to her wouldn’t you?”

“She is my reason for being.” His face was stern as he told May this.

“But what of me? Did our time together mean nothing? Did I mean nothing to you?”

“You were a means to an end.” He grinned evilly at May. “I had to do what I had to do.”

The rage boiled up in May, more so then when the Creator was killing her own sister. “You bastard!” She flew at him clawing at his face. He grabbed her wrists and stood, taking him with her, he easily flung her across the garden. She stood and brushed herself off and advanced towards Brian again.

“I loved you with my whole heart Brian, and you ripped it out and smashed it with your words.” Tears would stream down her face if her feelings weren’t starting to drift away as the Creator told her they would. She advanced on Brian again attempting to grab him by the neck; he easily shoved her aside forcing her to fly across the garden again.

“The Creator blessed me with this strength May, I hardly doubt you will be able to overcome me.”

May looked around her, looking for anything she could use as a weapon. Carefully she selected two objects and advanced on Brian yet again.
Chapter 18 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
oooh soo exciting, it's coming to a close, but don't worry I've already started writing DOV: Beginnings
The plane ride was too long for April’s liking, but there was nothing she could do about it, the plane would only fly so fast. She looked at her two companions, Kevin kept his gaze averted and Alex was fast asleep without a care in the world.

“Kevin,” April whispered. “What are you going to do once I get Caleb back?” She needed to know his answer, she needed to prepare herself.

Kevin only shrugged and continued to look out over Alex at the darkening sky. “I will find a way to destroy the Creator.”

April pursed her lips together, she wanted to tell him, she wanted to be honest with him but at the same time she never wanted him to leave her. She might have had questions about his past, but it was his past. She also knew that the Creator was not a threat to Caleb anymore; would he stay if he knew that too?

“Is there any way I can convince you to leave that hunt behind and have some kind of life with me and your son?” She asked knowing his answer before the question left her mouth.

“I do not want Caleb exposed to who I am or what I was. It will be a better life for him without me involved.” He wished he could stay, but he knew his past would catch up with him eventually and he wanted April and Caleb safe from that.

April nodded and looked down at her hands wishing the flight to move faster. A voice came over the loud speaker as if answering April’s silent prayers.

“Ladies and gentlemen please return your seats in the full and upright positions and lock your trays, we are beginning our descent.”

April gripped both her hands tightly and closed her eyes, imagining her son back in her arms.

*****

“I should have listened to my sister, you are no good.” May spoke spitting the words out with vehemence. “I can’t believe I let you have your way with me, I can’t believe I let you into my mind the way I did.”

“May, darling, you are weak, that is why I was able to control you. April is the strong sister, will always be the strong sister. You took the easy way out where she fights for what she wants.” He knew the words would anger her, he was looking for a fight, and he wanted a fight. He feared nothing that she could do to him; he was safe, protected behind the veil of the Creator.

May advanced on Brian, holding her weapons tight in her hand she practically flew at him, knocking him to the ground. She managed to sit astride him holding him down with her legs.

“Oh May, you know how I like it.” He winked at her and smiled. He registered the pain of the wood going through his chest moments later. “You should know that won’t hurt me.”

May paid no attention to the words Brian spoke, she drove the wood further into Brian and used the rock in her other hand to give one last pound. The shock that registered on his face was her reward. He was too confident, did not think he could be killed, but she kept the secret of the Creator’s death to herself. Advantage May, and she took it.

She sat in the garden, her clothes dusted with Brian’s ashes. She should have felt better; she got her revenge, why didn’t she feel better. She stood slowly, dropping her implements of death and brushing herself off.

She decided to go back to April; she needed to have April forgive her. She was the only one who mattered now.

She stepped quietly through the garden taking in the smells of the flowers with her new sense of smell. It truly was a wonderful thing, but something she shouldn’t have asked for because now there was a separation between her and her sister, something always to stand between them. She never could stand being apart from her sister and now she would never be around her again, she’d be too afraid of hurting her or Caleb.

She arrived back at the body of the Creator and looked where April’s body should have been, she could not find it. She looked all around and screamed in frustration. Her sister left without her, it was typical April behavior, only thinking of herself. She had not consideration for May or what she was going through. Anger surged through May as she swore she’d get her sister even for deserting her.

*****

The sun bathed the room with light as Nick held the bottle for Caleb to drink from. “You and me are going to be the greatest of friends. We will rule this world together.” He smiled at the baby. “You’d like that wouldn’t you, to live forever as my companion. What better revenge for your daddy then for you to become like him, the one thing he’d want you to never be, and the one thing he’s trying to protect you from.” He tickled the baby’s stomach and laughed. He had to admit, he liked having the child around. He couldn’t talk back, but he didn’t mind that so much.

He stood to put the bottle in the sink when the door smashed down, Alex, Kevin and April standing there glaring at him.

“Caleb!” April screeched in joy as she ran over to him, grabbing hold of him and then moving behind Kevin and Alex.

Nick smirked at them, “So you found me.”

“You did not hide well.” Alex said approaching him. Nick charged at Alex and they collided with each other, forcing each other backwards. They smirked at each other then charged again, Alex missed Nick’s slight movement to the side to grab a knife lying out on the counter.

The movement was swift but April’s scream rang through the small house. Nick stood glaring the other two down, ashes of Alex before him.

“You did not tell me the Creator was dead.”
Chapter 19 by Purpura Lipstick
Author's Notes:
It's done. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you all will read DOV: Antigone, it is the story of how Antigone came to be who she was in these last two. There might be some surprise. Oh and DOV: Beginnings will be written after which is how all the boys came to be. :-D
Kevin only looked at April briefly showing his confusion, he did not have much time. Nick charged him once he found out that he could kill them.

“We are on the same ground now. We both fear death.” Nick smirked, swiping the blade at Kevin.

“That is where you are wrong. I have not feared death for over a millennia, I will welcome it when the time is right.” He grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled it behind him pinning it there, he gripped tighter until Nick was forced to drop the blade. “You are still a youngling compared to me.” He kicked Nick, sending him flying across the room.

April did not stay any longer, she had Caleb, as much as she wanted to know the outcome of the fight, whether Kevin would win protecting them or if Nick would win putting her son in danger again. She made her exit catching Nick knocking Kevin to the ground and kicking him continuously.

“You are old,” Nick screamed. “Let the younger generation take over, we will be the ones to save the vampire race. You and Victoria were so antiquated in your ways it is pathetic. Howie had it right; make them young and fierce to continue.” Nick wound his leg back to kick Kevin again, but his foot met with the wall, Kevin had slid out of the way.

“Her name is Antigone you know.” Kevin replied smugly punching Nick’s face.

“Did you ever wonder what I wanted with your little boy?” Nick asked taunting Kevin. “He was going to be my new companion to replace the one you killed.” Nick spat across the room towards Kevin, then rushed towards him. He did not notice Kevin move and almost ran into the other wall.

“Such anger and impatience. Howie should have taught you more, he neglected you.” Kevin knew this would anger him, Nick was always sensitive about the way Howie protected him, kept him hidden.

“Bastard!” he shouted running towards Kevin. It was what he was waiting for, he smashed Nick on the back of his neck knocking him forward an onto the ground. He put one foot on him holding him down grabbing a wooden t.v. tray and breaking apart with his hands. Tossing a piece into his dominant hand he plunged the wood into Nick’s chest through his back. His foot soon rested on ashes on the floor.

Kevin turned his head towards the pile of ashes that was Alex. “Rest well my friend; you finally got the end you desired.”

He turned towards the door and left, he would end his existence now too, now that he knew he could, but he wanted to see April one more time. He wanted to apologize to her; he wanted her to forgive him before he left this world forever.

*****

April waited at the airport. The last few days were going to be killer on her budget, she only hoped her employer would have a heart and let her come back, or reapply for her old position. She sat in a lounge holding Caleb tight, she had what she wanted from this trip so why was her heart still heavy?
Her heart skipped a beat in her chest as she saw a man walk by that looked like Kevin. Tall with dark hair and a constant sad look on his face, it could almost be a brother. Her stomach churned a few times as the man started walking towards her; it was no look alike; Kevin was approaching her.

“Kevin?” She asked barely above a whisper.

“April, I could not end it then. I needed to see you to make sure you were okay. I needed to make sure you and Caleb made it home safe.” He brushed a strand of loose hair from her face smiling ever so slightly.

“You did not have to come back, we will be fine. Do what you’ve been longing to do.” April smiled shyly at Kevin. She wasn’t sure why she was all of a sudden shy with this man, the man she had a child with, the man she loved.

“I will see you home, I already have my ticket.” He held up a plane ticket to show April. He smiled and took her hand as they waited for their plane to board.

Since they bought their ticket separate they were unable to sit next to each other on the plane ride, it was a long few hours before they were back arm and arm, Kevin carrying his son back to April’s apartment.

When back at the apartment they put Caleb to bed like any other normal couple would do.

“Kevin,” April said taking hold of his hand and pulling him onto the bed. Caleb was sleeping only a few feet away so the two lovers held each other tight.

“April,” Kevin whispered. “I must know that you are alright with what you know I’ve wanted to do.”

“Kevin, I’m not going to lie and say that I don’t want you with me for the rest of my life, but that would be selfish of me. You have lived a long life and have done things I am sure I don’t want to know about. There are things that torment you, and that is why you want to end your existence. I realize that. I will not stop you.” She held him closer putting her head in the crook of his shoulder. “But please stay with me tonight.”

Kevin murmured a positive answer and stroked April’s hair until she fell asleep. They passed the night like any other couple in love.

April woke the next morning to the cries of her son, she looked next to her Kevin was already gone. She laid her head where his was, it was still slightly warm. She took a deep breath then got up to attend to her son.

*****

Several months passed since Kevin snuck off in the night to end his existence, April and Caleb were getting their life back to normal. Caleb even started to talk, though it saddened her that his first word was “Papa”. She had no good explanation to tell him anymore, nothing really to tell him what happened to his father.

She sat watching him eat his breakfast, making a mess, when a knock came at the door. April’s heart jumped into her throat with the hope that Kevin was coming back to them. She threw up the door, her smile fading when she saw her sister glowering at her. Quickly she backed away remembering that the Creator took May’s emotions away from her.

“What do you want?” April asked aghast at how well her sister seemed to adapt to her vampire lifestyle.

“I wanted to see my nephew again.” She grinned evilly towards her sister then turned towards Caleb. “He’s growing.”

April held her breath, what was May going to do next. Was this the end for her and her son?

“April, end it for me.” May spoke quietly, her face downcast. “I’ve tried, but have been unable. Now I know the courage that Kevin had in order to do desire this and have the will to perform it himself.”

“May?”

“April, now, before I do something to harm you or Caleb!” she screeched at her sister, moving closer to her.

April looked around her trying to find something anything to use as a weapon against the evil that was her sister. She found a picture frame, a picture of the two of them holding Caleb after April came from the hospital. April smashed the frame and grabbed part of the wood.

May stuck out her chest towards April. “Thank you.” She muttered seconds before April pushed the wood through her sister’s chest. She looked towards Caleb, his face intent on his cereal. Luckily he missed the whole thing.

April knelt down in the ashes and cried for everyone she lost in the last year. Her eyes looked up at Caleb who was laughing at some thing or another. It was over; she truly reached the end of her fight to remain alive.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8112