The Orlando Story by nicksgal
Summary: A girl named Jessica and her four best friends have five older brothers in a band. She meets a gorgeous guy named Nick, but he's in her brother's rival band! Watch their story unfold in all its drama!!!!

A note from 2021: Hello! While this was complete, I do not have access to the original file at the moment, so it will probably not get all the chapters uploaded. Also, it wasn't great, but we've all got to start somewhere, right?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 4452 Read: 20911 Published: 11/07/06 Updated: 11/09/06

1. Author's Note and Introduction by nicksgal

2. Chapter One by nicksgal

3. Chapter Two by nicksgal

4. Chapter Three by nicksgal

5. Chapter Four by nicksgal

6. Chapter Five by nicksgal

7. Chapter Six by nicksgal

8. Chapter Seven by nicksgal

9. Chapter Eight by nicksgal

10. Chapter Nine by nicksgal

11. Chapter Ten by nicksgal

12. Chapter Eleven by nicksgal

13. Chapter Twelve by nicksgal

Author's Note and Introduction by nicksgal
Author's Notes:
In suit of TCTC, this is one of two Author's Notes. Enjoy!

I ought to note that this is probably longer than most of the chapters... How sad....
Since TCTC (The CO-Town Club) was so well recieved... I managed to salvage another old one fom my computer before it stated acting stupid. Please enjoy my vey first story. I wrote this in 1999 with a little bit of help fom my dear friend Amy. This is a total May Sue fic from my eleven-year-old idiocy! Enjoy! It's even more naive than TCTC. ^_^

Introduction

It was back in 1993. The Backstreet Boys got together. So did Benevolant, otherwise known as our brothers. My name is Jessica. All my friends call me Jess, my brother calls me "little shrimp," and my parents call me Jessica (gee, I wonder why), and then there's Nick, he calls me Jessica and Jessie. I'll explain more about Nick later, how about through the course of the story, since that is what it's about. I hope you enjoy it, 'cause believe it or not, this actually happened!

*Author's note: No it didn't.... ^_^;
Chapter One by nicksgal
I was sitting in my room doing nothing at all and being very bored. My mom and dad occasionally went past, but that was it. I would have been eating dinner if it weren't for my brother and Benevolant. Who is Benevolant, you ask? Benevolant is my brother and four of his friends' band. The members are my brother, Mike, his friend Scott, his other friend Matt, his other friend Ashley, who goes by "Parker," and his other friend Josh. Benevolant is supposed to stand for something, Believers of Effcient Nice Excellent Varied Offers, Lending a hand is Not Tough.... or something like that. Hey, they could be Boenevo or Lahint, on second thought, I like Benevolant better; at least it's a word.

"Hey, little shrimp," my brother called.

"What do you want, Mike?" I asked.

"It's time for dinner, little shrimp," my brother replied.

"Thanks," I replied, "Did the girls leave me any messages?"

"Yeah, Parker's sister told you to call her."

"Okay, so I'll call Jordan."

"His sister's name is Jordan?" he sounded shocked.

"Yeah, Ashley's a guy and Jordan's a girl. Are their parents a little messed up or something?"

"I guess so..." he paused, "We'd better get to dinner before mom kicks our butts."

Then we hurried down to eat dinner.
Chapter Two by nicksgal
As soon as dinner was over, I went up to my room to call Jordan.

"Hello?" a female voice asked.

"Hi Jordan," I replied.

"Hi Jess!" Jordan exclaimed, "I wanted to ask you about what you're wearing to the school dance tomorrow."

"I'm going to buy a new dress," I replied.

"Cool!" Jordan exclaimed, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Jess."

Then I hung up.

I went back to sitting on my bed doing nothing at all. I was going to buy my dress tomorrow afternoon. I was getting absolutely bored doing nothing so I started day dreaming about getting a boyfriend. I wanted him to be nice, kind, sweet, caring, have a good sense of humor, and be an all around good person with a wonderful personality.

"Jessica!!" my mom screamed.

"What?" I asked.

"Go to bed!!!"

"Why?"

"Because I asked you too!!!!"

"Okay, Goodnight mom."
Chapter Three by nicksgal
It was the next night, I couldn't wait. The dance was in an hour. I had so much to do to prepare for it. I had to get dressed, put on my makeup, do my hair, get there, and find my friends. It's a good thing that I wasn't decorating for the dance, then I'd be really far behind!

It was a little later. I was walking into the gym. I saw Autumn, Jordan, and Raye.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, "Where's Rachel?"

"We haven't seen her," they replied.

"Okay, thanks anyway," I replied.

After Rachel came, the DJ started spinning albums and we danced with our brothers. After three songs, I got tired of dancing with Mike and his friends and decided to sit down. While I had danced with them, I noticed a guy watching me. I sat down and looked up slowly, that guy was watching me again! I started to return his gaze, but he looked away quickly. I wondered why, and realized that Ashley had come over.

I pointed to the guy, "Who is that blond, Ashley?"

"You don't want to know him," Ashley answered.

"Why?"

"Because he's part of our rival band, the Backstreet Boys." He got up and left, as if he were disgusted with me.

I turned to look the other way and saw the blond walking toward me.

"Hi," he greeted, "Would you like to dance?"

"Sure," I replied. He took me down to the dance floor and started dancing with me.

"My name is Nick. What's yours?"

"I'm Jessica."

"That's a very pretty name."

"Thank you."

"What do your friends call you?"

"They call me Jessie or Jess."

"I like Jessie, but how about if I call you Jessica for now?"

"Sure."

I was beginning to fall in love with Nick's personality and his eyes, they were so blue, and not to mention his looks. But mostly his personality and his eyes.

A slow song started, and I found myself leaning on Nick's shoulder. Nick smiled at me. I was beginning to wonder if he was starting to love me too. After the slow song, the dance was almost over. They darkened the lights for one more slow song.

"Jessica?" Nick asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can I have your address?"

Before thinking if I should or not, I scrawled down my address on a piece of paper and handed it to Nick.

"Thanks Jessica, I'll come and see you tomorrow night after 8:30."

After he said it, he kissed me softly on the lips and disappeared.

After he left the lights came on and Mike came over. Then we left.

On the way home, Mike asked me, "Jessica, have you been with any other boys besides me and my friends?"

I had a feeling Ashley had told him about me asking who Nick was.

"No," I answered.

"Okay... Just wanted to make sure."

Mike seemed a little worried. He didn't want me to have a boyfriend. I hoped that he wouldn't find out about Nick. I hoped so much.
Chapter Four by nicksgal
I was sitting by my open window waiting for Nick to come. I hadn't told any of my friends about Nick for fear that my brother or one of his friends would find out. I heard a muffled voice. I looked down and saw Nick. I motioned for him to climb up the trelli. When he was up, Nick handed me a box.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"I got you a present," Nick answered.

"But I have nothing for you," I stammered.

"That's okay," Nick smiled, "I'll give you some time. Now open it."

I opened it. Inside was a ring and a locket; inside the locket was a picture of Nick and a picture of Nick and I dancing.

"My friend took the picture of us dancing," Nick explained.

"This is really nice of you, Nick."

"I was nothing," he answered, then added, "I also got you this." He pulled a rose out of his pocket and kissed it. "I love you, Jessica."

"Thank you, Nick. I love you too."

Nick kissed me softly on the lips, just like he had done at the dance; this time, I returned the kiss.

"I have to go now, Jessica, but before I go, can I ask you a question?"

"What?"

"Jessica, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," answered faintly, then added with more courage, "Yes, Nick, I will be your girlfriend. Does that make you my boyfriend?"

"Yes, Jessica, it does."

Then Nick kissed me on the lips again and climbed down the trellis. When he got down, he started to run, then he turned around, waved to me, and blew me a kiss. I waved back and blew him a kiss also. After Nick saw me do that, he turned around and started running again.

I landed back on the cushion couch by my window. I started to smell the rose. Nick was my boyfriend, the type that I had wanted. Nick was perfect.
Chapter Five by nicksgal
It was at lunch the next day. I was sitting at the table daydreaming about Nick.

"Jess..." Rachel called, "Jessica!!"

"She isn't going to listen to you," Raye replied.

"Why not?" Rachel asked.

"Today in math class, the teacher called on her..." Raye explained.

"So?" Rachel interrupted.

"Let Raye finished," Autumn urged.

"Anyway," Raye continued, "the teacher called on her and she didn't hear. After class, the teacher called her to her desk and told her not to daydream in class. After that, she paid attention in her classes, but not durring passing. I mean, look at her now."

"Wow!" Jordan exclaimed, "I wonder what's wrong with her."

"Mabe she's going on vacation to California or Hawaii," Autumn suggested.

"Maybe she's going to get a cute puppy, or a kitten," Rachel suggested.

"Maybe she can't wait until summer," Raye suggested.

"I think she has a boyfriend," Jordan finally suggested.

"Her parents and her brother would never allow that!" Raye exclaimed.

"Maybe they don't know about it," Jordan replied.

"I highly doubt it," Rachel disagreed.

"Well, whatever it is, she's certainly happy," Autumn said.

"Yeah," the other three agreed.
Chapter Six by nicksgal
I was running down the halls as fast as I could so that I could walk home with Nick from school. While I was running, Raye stopped me.

"What's the hurry?" she asked, "You aren't hurrying thay fast to see us, are you?"

"Ummm..." I stammered, "I'm walking home with another friend."

"They can walk with us," Raye suggested.

"They live a different way than you guys do," I replied.

"But you live near us," Jordan said, rather confusedly.

I didn't have an answer for that, so I turned and ran.

As I ran away, I heard Autumn ask, "IS it just me, or is Jess trying to avoid us?"

I ran faster and faster until I got away from my friends and I found Nick. By the time I found him, I was out of breath.

"What's wrong, Jessica?" Nick asked.

"I ran here and I'm tired now," I answered.

Nick put an arm around me; he was just so nice to me.

"Jessica, how come I haven't met any of your friends yet?"

"Because, I always wait a little while before introducing new people to them."

"That makes sense."

By that time, we were at my house.

"Do you want to come into my room?"

"Sure."

"Nick..."

"Yes?"

"I'll go in and gget up to my room, and then I'll let you in through the window."

"Okay."

When I got up to my room and opened the window, Nick climbed up the trellis and into the window. We talked about stuff for a while, then I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's us," my friends replied.

"Come in," I called.

They opened the door.

"Autumn, Raye, Jordan, Rachel, this is my boyfriend Nick," I introduced them.

After I introduced Nick, each had a different reaction. Autumn was shocked, Raye was surprised, Jordan had that "I told you so" look on her face, and Rachel's was a sentence.

"Jess, we need to talk."

I gave Nick an "I'll be back" look and went out the door with them.

We went into the bathroom, since there was no other private place to talk, and shut the door behind us.

"Jess, what's wrong with you?!" Rachel screamed.

"I..." I started.

"YOu know you aren't supposed to do this!" Raye cut me off.

"You can't have a boyfriend!" Jordan continued for her.

"Your parents and brother would never allow it!" Autumn finished.

"I don't care," I replied.

"You have a heart and soul, but no brain," Rachel told me.

"You're acting like a blonde!" Raye informed me.

"I don't care," I repeated.

"Why not?" Jordan and Autumn asked.

"I love Nick."

If they were shocked to hear that Nick was my boyfriend, they were more shocked to hear me say that I loved him.

"You aren't serious!" Rachel was shocked and angrier than ever with me right now.

"I'm serious," I replied.

"I can't believe you!" Raye screamed.

"But Nick is perfect," I replied, "Just what I want in a guy."

"What do you want in a guy?" Jordan asked.

"Nice, kind, sweet, caring, a good sense of humor, and a wonderful personality," I answered.

"We'll watch for that in him," Autumn replied.

"We should be going back to the room now," I told them.

After I said it, I ran out the door and back into my room.
Chapter Seven by nicksgal
I got there before them. I gave Nick a hug. Nick hugged me back and didn't let go. They walked in a little later and saw Nick holding me. To them, it was so wrong; to them, it was a crime.

"So... Nick," Raye started, "What are your favorite things to do?"

"Either singing and dancing, hanging out with my friends, or being with Jessica," Nick answered.

"He just met her and already one of his faovrite thinkgs to do is to be with her," Jordan whispered to Autumn.

"You have friends?!" Rachel blurted out.

"Rachel!" I screamed.

"Sorry," Rachel replied sarcastically.

"How did you and Jess meet?" Jordan asked.

"I aksed her if she wanted to dance cause she looked lonely; she was sitting all alone. And I thought that after dancing with someone older than her, that she might want to dance with someone her age," Nick answered.

"Those are our brothers, you dimwit!" Rachel excalimed.

"Rachel, stop it!" I yelled.

Then I burst out in tears and Nick put his arm around me.

"What would you give a girl as a present?" Autumn asked.

"I know girls like flowers and jewelry, so I'd give her one of those," Nick answered.

"Have you given Jess any of those things?" Raye asked.

"Yeah," Nick answered, "I gave her a rose, a locket, and a ring."

"Can you tell us a funny joke?" Jordan asked.

Nick then told a funny joke. We all laughed except for Rachel.

"Well, it's been fun, but i have to go to practice," Nick told them, "I'll see all of you later. Bye."

Nick walked to the window and climbed out. He motioned me over to the window. I went over.

"Jessica," Nick said, "Remember, I love you."

Then he kissed me and I kissed back, it was very sentimental.

"I love you, Nick," I replied.

"I love you too."

The he kissed me one more time and left. I waved and Nick waved back. I turned back into my room.

"He passes," Autumn announced, "You were right about him being nice."

"You really love him, don't you?" Jordan asked.

I nodded my head.
Chapter Eight by nicksgal
After that, my other friends left too, since they had to go home and eat dinner. Around 7:00, they were all sitting at Jordan's kitchen table when a new conversation was taking place.

"I can't believe that Jess didn't tell us!" Jordan put out sounding slightly annoyed, "She shouldn't have waited this long to tell us!"

"Yeah," Raye agreed, "It's not like we're going to tell anyone."

As Raye said this, Ashley walked by. The conversation sounded interesting, so he hung around to listen to it.

"If you ask me, I feel bad for Jess, but not Nick. I mean, blondes are so stupid. And who would name themselves the Backstreet Boys? I can think of lots of names for them, the Bullshit Boys... The Backdoor Boys..." Rachel began to ramble.

"I don't see why you're all being so mean to Nick," Autumn interjected, "I kind of like him."

The other three turned to her.

"What?" Autumn asked, "I think he's nice! It's not like I'm trying to steal him from Jess."

"I just wish Jess wouldn't try to hide it from us," Jordan sighed, "You can tell she loves him. It all comes out through her eyes."

"But what are we going to do if Mike finds out about Nick?" Raye asked, "Cause Jess isn't even supposed to have a boyfriend, let alone one from their rival band the Backstreet Boys."

After Ashley heard that, he quickly went past so he could call Mike.

"Hello?" Mike asked.

"Mike, it's me, Parker," Ashley answered.

"What do you want?" Mike asked.

"I heard the girls say that Jessie has a boyfriend," Ashley answered.

"WHAT?!?!?!"

"His name is Nick and he's a part of our rival band, the Backstreet Boys."

"Thanks Parker. I have to go see Jessica now."

Then Mike hung up.
Chapter Nine by nicksgal
"Jessica," Mike started.

"Hi Mike," I replied.

"How's your boyfriend?" Mike asked.

"You're funny, Mike, you know I don't have a boyfriend," I replied.

"Really? I hear his name is Nick and he's blond."

"I don't know any blondes besides Rachel."

"I also heard he's part of my rival band, the Backstreet Boys."

"I don't know where you got that from, Mike, I don't have a boyfriend."

"That's a pretty ring, where did you get it?"

"Jordan found it in her basement and gave it to me."

"That was nice. What about that rose?"

"Well... I love flowers. It was very pretty, so I picked it off our trellis."

"What about that locket?"

I didn't reply, because just as I was about to, I heard a rustling noise.

"Well, Jessica?"

"Autumn gave it to me."

"All lockets have pictures, what pictures are in there?"

"It's a normal necklace, it has no pictures."

Right after I said it, I bent over and the locket opened.

Mike saw the pictures.

"That's Nick."

"No..."

Then Nick jumped through my open window and cut me off by saying, "You bet it is!"

"Who are you?" Mike asked.

"I'm Nick, and I'm pleased to meet you."

"I'm not one for small talk," Mike replied, "Come and fight like a man."

"Bring it on," Nick replied.

They started fighting. I kept begging them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. Nick pushed Mike against the window.

"Did you know there's an empty space behind you?" Nick asked.

He didn't give Mike time to answer.

"Have a nice fall," Nick continued and pushed Mike out the window.

I saw Mike fall, I was so afraid. Mike started using all the swear words he knew.

"I'd better go..." Nick told me.

After he left, I went down to Mike.

"Mike, are you okay?" I asked.

"Of course I'm not okay!" Mike exclaimed.

"Should I go get mom and dad?"

"That would be a good idea."

"Will you tell mom and dad?"

"No, Jessica. Just go get them."

I went and got mom and dad, then I ran up to my room. Why did these things always happen to me?
Chapter Ten by nicksgal
I called Raye after my parents took Mike to the hospital.

"Hello?" Raye asked.

"Hi, Raye," I answered.

"Hi, Jess!" Raye exclaimed.

"Could you get my homework for me tomorrow?"

"Sure... Why?"

I wasn't going to school the next day because Nick had broken Mike's leg and I was confused whether to side with my brother, Mike, or my boyfriend, Nick. I had to make an excuse.

"I'm sick."

I then did a fake cough.

"I hope you feel better soon."

"Yeah."

"Bye, Jess."

"Bye, Raye."

Then I hung up.

I was a dirty, lying creep. Somebody had to stop my lying. I wanted a boyfriend, I'm not supposed to have a boyfriend, I got a boyfriend, I lie to my friends, I lie to my boyfriend, and I don't tell my family. None of this would have happened if it weren't for me. Benevolant or Backstreet Boys, Mike or Nick, truth or lies? What do I want?

Mike is my brother and he's in Benevolant, but Nick is my boyfriend and he's in the Backstreet Boys. I love them both. Mike is my brother and he's known me forever, Nick is my boyfriend and he's perfect. Truth is right and it makes people believe you, lies get you out of things and make everybody believe what you tell them is right. I want truth. But Benevolant or Backstreet Boys, Nick or Mike?

I was so confused that I started crying. I felt an arm on my shoulder and I looked up. There were Raye, Jordan, and Autumn.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You really thought I would believe 'I'm sick, hack, hack' didn't you?" Raye asked.

"What?" I asked.

"I knew you weren't sick, so I tried to round up all of us so that we could help you," Raye replied, "Rachel wouldn't come cause she's still mad at you."

"Tell us what's wrong and we can help you," Autumn told me.

"Yes," Jordan agreed, "after all, what are friends for?"

"Tell us everything," Raye concluded.

"I was sitting in my room thinking about Nick..." I started, "Then Mike came in and started asking me questions like 'How's your boyfriend' and 'Where did you get that'." I paused.

My friend were all listening intently, so I decided to continue.

"I bent over and my locket opened and Mike saw the pictures. He said, 'That's Nick'."

I paused again, then continued.

"Then Nick came in and said, 'You bet it is,' then he introduced himself to Mike and they started fighting. Then Nick pushed Mike out the window and Mike broke his leg."

"So Mike found out?" Autumn asked.

I nodded my head.

"I beleive that Mike finding out is part our fault and part Ashley's," Jordan realized.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We were talking about it at Jordan's house," Raye explained, "And Ashley probably walked by, overheard, and told Mike."

I put my head down. I couldn't believe it. I knew Ashley was a rat, but I never thought he'd rat on me. That's how Mike found out.

"I'm sorry I lied to you guys," I told them.

"What do you mean?" Autumn asked.

"Nick was the 'friend' I did stuff with," I answered.

"It all makes sense now," Jordan replied.

"That's okay," Raye said, "Friends don't have to tell friends everything."

"Thanks," I replied, "you guys are the best." I gave them all a hug.

"We know this is hard for you," Autumn replied, "We can try to help the best we can."

"But," Raye continued, "we can't solve everything for you."

"I understand," I replied.

"Now, tell us your problem," Jordan replied.

"I decided that I wanted truth over lies," I started, "But I can't decide between Benevolant and the Backstreet Boys or Nick and Mike."

"I don't think we can help you with that," Raye replied.

"No, we can't," Jordan and Autumn agreed.

"I wish you guys could," I replied.

"Are you coming to school tomorrow?" Raye asked.

"No," I answered.

"Well," Autumn started, "We better go home. Bye, Jess."

"Bye, Jess," Jordan and Raye called.

Then they walked out the door.
Chapter Eleven by nicksgal
I was all alone. Not only in the house, in everything. I was mad at everyone. My friends for telling Ashley, Ashley for telling Mike, Mike for butting into my business, and Nick for breaking Mike's leg. But mostly, I was mad at myself. I can't solve my problems, what am I going to do?

About fifteen minutes later, it came to me. I could run away. No one would care. If anyone missed me, they would come find me. That's it!

I was all ready to go. I didn't need anything. Before I left, I took off my ring. I was going to take off the necklace, but decided against it, I also decided to put the ring back on.

I climbed out the window and down the trellis, then I left. While I was running, I got caught on something. I tried and tried to get free, but couldn't. Finally, I jerked forward and I was free. I didn't know it, but my locket was what had held me. The only reason I was free is because the locket had snapped.

Afterwards, I ran for a long time until I finally found some good trees to hang out under. I stayed there for a while thinking it was great, in fact, I stayed there overnight. Little did I know what was happening back at my house.

Nick walked to my house to see me. When he got there, he saw a million police cars.

"Nick!" Mike screamed.

Nick looked up. He saw Mike waving his hands at him. Nick walked over.

"So you actually want to talk to me?" Nick asked.

"Very funny," Mike replied, "Jessica's missing!"

"What?!?" Nick asked.

"I want you to go find her," Mike replied, "Take her necklace with you."

"It broke?"

"I found it lying in one of the bushes. I think it got caught."

"She didn't do it on purpose?"

"No."

"I'll go find her."

"Nick... I'll make a deal with you."

"I'm listening."

"If you bring back Jessica, I'll forget about the whole you broke my leg thing... And, Jessica's yours."

"What about your parents?"

"They never cared, it was just me."

Nick was shocked, but he didn't give it a secong thought. He left.

"Who was that?" my mom asked.

"That was Nick, Jessica's boyfriend," Mike answered.

"Where is he going?"

"To find Jessica."

"That dear boy. I hope he finds her."
Chapter Twelve by nicksgal
I was so cold. I heard a rustling noise. It was probably just me shivering.

"Jessica," I heard someone call.

"I'm here, I'm here!" I yelled.

"Jessica!" that someone screamed delightedly.

Then I looked up and saw Nick running toward me. I was so happy that someone had found me.

Nick ran up to me, picked me up, twirled me around, and then kissed me. I, however, wasn't happy about Nick finding me.

"Why did you find me?" I asked.

"I wanted to help Mike," Nick answered.

"Go away. Leave me here. I don't want to go back."

Nick handed me my necklace. I picked it up. I looked at Nick like 'where did you find this,' like I wanted it. I prepared to throw it, but Nick grabbed my hand.

"No. Keep it."

I was shocked. I couldn't believe Nick did that.

"How's your brother's leg?"

"I don't know."

After that, Nick grabbed my hand and started walking. I walked after him, actually, I was dragged after him. We got home later that night. My friends, family, and everyone was there. My friends and family higged me. I was glad to be home.

"Mike," Nick started, "How much did it cost to get your leg fixed?"

"Five hundred dollars," Mike answered.

Nick looked like something was going on in his head. What, I don't know. But there was something happening in there.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8169