All Work, No Play by Tati
Summary: OK this story was written by my buddy Jen! She stopped writing it, but I am trying to convince her of continue it, SO I am uploading it up here(with her permission) to get some feedback ok!? Thanks guys!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 26841 Read: 27459 Published: 12/28/06 Updated: 01/08/07

1. Chapter 1 by Tati

2. Chapter 2 by Tati

3. Chapter 3 by Tati

4. Chapter 4 by Tati

5. Chapter 5 by Tati

6. Chapter 6 by Tati

7. Chapter 7 by Tati

8. Chapter 8 by Tati

9. Chapter 9 by Tati

10. Chapter 10 by Tati

11. Chapter 11 by Tati

12. Chapter 12 by Tati

13. Chapter 13 by Tati

14. Chapter 14 by Tati

15. Chapter 15 by Tati

16. Chapter 16 by Tati

17. Chapter 17 by Tati

Chapter 1 by Tati
Autumn had decided earlier that she hated the Backstreet Boys. Their peppy upbeat boy band tunes annoyed her to no end. She was sixteen when they first came out with their self entitled cd, and her family, being the Brady Bunch wannabes that they are, decided to buy it for her for christmas. She listened to the first song, then threw the cd in the trash.

Her best friend, Brooke, however, loved the Backstreet boys. Every day Brooke would try to give her a reason to like them, and everyday, she'd tell them that it was no use. She just wanted her to listen to good music. Psssht.

Today's reason: They write their own songs. Psht, they write when they feel like it, other then that their too lazy. Her favorite band being Lifehouse, she couldn't see how writing a few songs on their album would constitue her being an instant fan.

She told Brooke: When they start writing a whole ablum full of songs like Lifehouse, then thats when I'll maybe listen to song 2 on their cd.

That at least shut her up. At the ripe ole' age of 26, she had everything to live for..

She was a successful business owner, who owed the hottest resteraunt in Orlando. Her Resteraunt, Bellisimo, had been founded by her in 1999. She graduated from Don Jenn High school, which evidently, was the same one Alex Mclean of the Backstreet Boys graduated from. She bit back a laugh. Autumn hadn't noticed him once. Brooke, however, kicked herself in the butt everytime that was brought up. She evidently didn't notice him either.

Yawning, she took the phone to call Jive, her potential employer. Since she did have a business degree (From Yale, no less) she had decided to spread her wings into managing young hopefuls.

She hated to be away from this place, but it was cramping her style, making her claustrophobic. Interviews would be conducted today to try and hire a new store manager.

"Ma'am, your 3 oclock has just arrived." a impish secretary interrupted her thoughts, afraid of retrebution.

"Thanks, Maria, send her in." She wasn't sexist, just preferred lady managers over guy ones. They just simply got the job done better and didn't try to sleep with everything that walks.

Quickly hanging up the phone, she opened her door, her Louis Vitton heels clacking against the hardwood floor of her office.

Walking back around to sit in the leather chair behind her desk, she smoothed her Chanel business skirt down.

"Come have a seat, Mrs. Jennikins." Emma heard her potenital employer say. Her palms sweated as she shook her future bosses hand.

After a grueling hour interview with questions anywhere from What are your dreams? What do you hope to accomplish in this position? Imagine you had an employee named Jack, you caught Jack doing something against regulations, what would you do? to the personal questions Have you ever been invloved in drugs? Alcholol? Emma hated the 'What would you do in this situation' questions.

Her potential boss finally spoke " Okay, Mrs. Jennikins, I'm very impressed by your credientials. You're hired."

She fought the urge to jump up and down as she was escorted out of Mrs. Whitby's office.

Autumn huffed. She was supposed to meet with Mr. Brown, Jive's top executive in 30 minutes, but her assistant hasn't come with her wardrobe yet.

"Maria, what is the hold up, we have to be there in 30 minutes, 10 of which are going to be used to drive there." She nodded silently at the girls reply. Her favorite crushed green velvet suit was being brought up promptly. It brought out the natural red in her hair, and her dark honey colored brown eyes. Tapping her finger on the table impatiently, she took a deep breath. Nervous. She was nervous. She worked hard to be where she is today, and she was nervous? Gulping down air, she wiped her sweaty palms on the 1200 dollar Chanel suit.

She was told that her potential band, plus The Firms executive members would meet with her today. They'd tell her promptly and bluntly if they wanted her as their manager or not. That was fine with her, she liked blunt honesty. She crossed her fingers in a silent prayer. Please let it be Lifehouse. Taking a deep breath, she wiped the almost invisible speck of dust from her desk, straightened her papers, and got ready to change.

Placing hands on her head, she looked at her reflection. I need to put my hair down. That'd look better. She removed the bobby pins and got her brush. In long silent strokes, she brushed her waist length red hair till it shined. A few pins here and there, and she felt better. See, I can look pretty and businesslike at the same time . Groaning, she reapplied her makeup that had worn off from a hard days work.

Back home in Kissimee, she wasn't accustomed to this business style. Her usual style consisted of relaxed fit jeans, tops, and skirts. She was very conservative with a spunky twist. Right now, her black suit had vibrant metallic pinstripes eteched into the skirt and jacket. She wore a vibrant pink top, with pink stilletos. Maybe this will be a new fashion trend for business women everywhere. She gawfed. Yea Right.

Interuppting her thoughts once again, she looked up aruptly as Maria entered, cheeks flushed.

"Sorry about the wait, madam. " She quickly set the dress on the hook located on the door, and excused herself.

This suit was crushed green velvet. Her favorite. It had lace on the bottom in a lighter green, as well as satin lining on the inside of the jacket. This one, however wasn't one of her more spunkier suits. More conservative, the only thing that would catch the eye is the lace. She removed her pink stilettos and replaced them with black ones.

Quickly changing, running a brush through her hair, and checking herself in the mirror one last time, she grabbed her purse and headed outdoors to her awaiting limo. Yes, she loved traveling in style. She wasn't snobbish, just very proud of where her hard work got her. Her normal ride, a shiny dark red porshe, was currently at her Orlando condo being baby sat by Brooke.

She winced as she entered the Jive Building on the outskirts of Orlando. Her heels clanked loudly, making her appearance known. She smiled sheepishly at the few people that looked up from their work to stare at the person who interrupted their thoughts.

At least it wasn't windy today.

"Mrs. Autumn Whitby." She gave the expectant secretary her name.

"You're early Mrs. Whitby, they'll be with you in a minute." She nodded as if dismissing her, then went back to filing her nails.

Supressing a laugh, she sat in one of the many comfortable leather chairs.

Not five minutes passed when her name was called.

" Mrs. Whitby, their ready to see you now."

Smiling politely at the lazy secretary, she smoothed her skirt over her average size legs. She was only 5'7, in the stilettos, over 6 feet.

Putting her best professional face and a smile on, she stepped into the large room.

She fought the urge to throw up in her mouth. Wait, nevermind, she did a little bit.
Chapter 2 by Tati
Autumn tried not to gape as she stared at her potential employers. She knew well enough from all the times Brooke shoved the cd's in her face, that this was, indeed, The Backstreet Boys.

She gulped loudly as she was escorted to a seat sitting across of uhm...Chris? The one with blue hair...uhm..Justin? Oh, poo.

One with blue eyes and brown hair stuck out his hand.

"My name's Brian, its nice to meet you Autumn. " He smiled at her and she resisted the urge to laugh.

"Likewise." After doing that with Howie, Nick, and Kevin, she finally went up to the one with blue hair.

He looked at her from the top of his lowered glasses. Oh puke, was he trying to flirt?

"Aj, but you can call me Alex." he gripped her hand and kissed it slightly on the knuckles.

"Nice to meet you Alex, but I'd like my hand back if you don't mind." She said with authority, not even giving into his manly wiles.

Nick , the blonde one, laughed.

"Dude, shes turning you down." Even in a business like setting, they couldn't keep this professional. Oh boy.

Jason, the executive, shook hands with her last and smiled approvingly. He must like that she put Alex in his place.

Alex watched with fascination when Autumn didn't even spare an extra glance at him. Why wasn't his charm working? It had all the other times. She could feel his eyes bore into her as she took a seat in the straight back leather chair.

Alex grinned at the beautiful redhead when she finally looked his way. She just gave him a blank stare, not even caring who he was. He looked at her and frowned. She wasn't even shifting in her seat, breathing fast, nothing. He'd get her affections if it was the last thing he did.

".....went to Yale." Dam, he hadn't been paying attention. What was it she said? She went to Yale? Yikes, they'd be crazy to not hire her. She had an air of ' Obey me or die' about her. He cringed. Nevermind, Bri could have her, or Kev.

Kevin watched the beautiful red head with interest. She was beautiful, with long hair, brown eyes, small body. She had that spunkiness, but yet, wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. He lisented intently as she described her many charitable efforts. Inlcuding, Habitat for Humanity, Adopt-a- Highway, and Save the Music. He later found out that she owned his favorite resteraunt in the world: Belissimo. He watched as she tried not to laugh at Aj's coming advances, and grinned. She was trying to keep her professionalism, but he could tell there was a wild side about her.

"Whats in this for you, Autumn? Why do you want to manage to The Backstreet Boys, the number one pop group in the world?" Kevin asked reassured, not cocky, reassured.

"Truthfully? I really don't like you guys. At all. I'm willing to manage you, however, if Aj will stop drooling all over himself. " No laugh, no grin, no smirk. She wasn't smiling.Just serious.

"Are you serious?" Brian asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I was hoping for Lifehouse." She looked sheepish then and looked down.

"Then why the hell are you here?" Nick said anger controlling every emotion on his face.

"Because I want to be a manager. I like to organize events, plan parties, and quite frankly, I'm excellent at it. I've had a nack for it. Just because the group happens to be you guys doesn't mean that I'm not interested. It just means I'm probably the only woman who doesn't want to sleep with you." She said with confidence.

Alex gaped at her. "Well, Autumn, Thanks for being so honest. " Thats all he could say, he was rendered speechless, which for him, was a first.

Jason looked at her disapprovingly.

She got angry, flames filling her eyes. "Since when do I have to be a diehard fan to work at a good respectable job, with good respectable men? Oh, scratch that, respectable men don't expect woman to fall all over themselves with just one look. Since when can't I be bluntly honest? I'm sorry, coming here was a mistake, since obviously, you aren't ready to handle someone who won't faint or paw all over you the first instant they see you." With that note, she got up and left.

"Oh, and thanks for your precious time. It wasn't worth it in the end though, good luck finding a manager." The only sound that could be heard was the clinking of her heels on the marble floors.

"Oh wow, shes fiesty, I like her." Everyone glared at Alex.

Jason nodded in agreement.

"Maybe having someone who doesn't really like you will help. That way, she can concentrate on business, not pleasure." He said with a hint of anger. Since, after all, it was Alex's fault that they didn't have a manager. She had been a closet fan , who had well...been caught with her skirt up and his pants down.

"She was really nice, and honest. That is up until Nick gave her the impression that she had to sleep with one of us in order to get the job." Howie glared at Nick.

"What?" Nick said confused. How had his comment about her had anything to do with this?

"You better go catch her. Anyone who can tell the fab five that they don't like you, is worth hiring, just for courage alone."

Alex rushed out of the room before anyone could say anything.


She was mad. Angry, outraged even. How dare the snob SOB's think that they could have anyone they wanted? Was it so wrong to not be attracted to them? Granted, they were good looking, but geez, what did a girl have to do in order to work in this business. She sighed. It had been her dream since she was out of high school. To manage bands, that is. Her second love, to own a resteraunt. She came so close to achieving both... She wiped the tears that persistently flowed down her cheeks in hot steady lines. If it weren't for male egos, the job would be hers. She could see it in Jason's eyes.

Opening the door to her limo, she stopped when someone grabbed her arm.

"Please don't leave." Alex's soft voice penetrated through her mind, making her turn around, forgetting that her carefully made up face was probably running, not to mention her nose being red.

"Please let go of me, Mr. Mclean. I have said all I can, and therefore, have nothing more to say. " He could hear the cracks in her steady voice.

"I'm not letting go of the best manager the Backstreet team could ever have." Her eyes widened in suprise.

"But.." she quickly caught herself. "Im sorry, but I'm not interested anymore. Go find some fan off the street." With that, she yanked her arm free and stepped into her limo.

Alex stared at the limo that was now turning the corner in disbelief. Did he just get turned down again? Had his eyes not captivated her? Had his voice not sent shivers down her spine? He sighed.

"Don't worry Mr. Mclean, she'll work for us." Jason stood behind him, sounding assured.

Autumn quickly went home to change before the big party at her resteraunt. She didn't feel like going, but being the owner, she was obligated. Everyone was invited, including the general public. But it was a first come, first serve basis. She'd only let the max capacity in. Star, or no star, there were only going to be 200 people there.

She showered and dressed in record time. Putting her hair back in an elegant French Twist, she waded in her underwear over to her closet.


She had just the thing to wear for tonight, that fit her mood perfectly. Since she knew the boys were going to be there, it wasn't going to hurt to flaunt pure sex appeal at them. She didn't want them to notice her, or heck, even feel attracted. She just wanted them to feel bad about their actions. Was that so bad?

Giggling quietly to herself, she slipped the dress on and grinned. This was going to be fun.
Chapter 3 by Tati
Autumn stood in the center of the hotel, trying to get everyones attention. Her dress, too clingy for her tastes, was getting on her nerves. It was made of a thick material, that stretched for added comfort. However, that was a two-edged sword. Where it stretched, it clinged. It fit snug on her hips, chest, and waist. On it, was a million multi color beads. Hand sewn.Which, cost a fortune. The dress fit her daring mood perfectly. Its uneven hemline and riskque lines made her a little self concious but happy. The holes in the cloth were supposed to be there, showing of part of her pearly white skin. A hole just above her hip, on her lower back, and above her chest were some of the more obvious ones. The holes weren't that big, but brought attention to her. Unessecary attention. The dress itself was white. On her feet were a pair of beaded sandals, made especially for this dress. Her feet were beginning to hurt. 5 inch heels will do that to you. But, if the heels were too short, the dress would drag, too long, the dress would look too small for her. She sighed.

"May I have everyones attention please?" Her voice was loud and had amazing projection. Once all eyes were on her, she continued.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight. A year ago today, my dream was fulfilled and Bellisimo was founded. I dreamed of a place that would serve excellent Italian food. This place also had friendly smiles through out the day. Fast service and good quality completed my dream resteraunt. " She tried not to tear up.." To have that dream recognized and appreciated by others is heartwarming. Thank you, everyone, for helping me achieve this. Order all you want guys, because tonight is on me." She grinned at all the smiling faces around her. It wasn't so hard having friendly people serve good food.


Autumn went around a mingled a bit, noticing a lot of familiars, frowning when faces didn't register. Only 3 of the fab five were here. She snickered, the others must have been late.

"Wow, you look beautiful." She turned and narrowed her eyes at the figure standing before her.

"Hello Aj, glad you could make it." She was just being civil. Rude wasn't necessary. But the way he was looking at her....made her jump her skin.

He smiled at her and quickly left, confusing her .

Kevin watched Autumn's every move. He shifted uncomfortably as he looked at a glimpse of perfect white skin. She wasn't tan, but her complexion was right for her hair and eye color. He plastered a smile on his face and took a deep breath to calm his beating heart. Frantically beating heart.

"Kevin, so glad you could make it." She leaned over and gave a quick hug. His ego flared. She hugged him. Not Aj. Aj the desireable one. He couldn't wait to rub it in his face.

Autumn looked at Kevin's smug smile as her eyes narrowed. She had noticed him alright. Who wouldn't? His 6 foot plus frame was occupying her vision, to where hes the only thing she saw. Her heart fluttered as he poked one of the holes in her back.

"Not in this lifetime buddy." That wiped that smug grin off of his face. Which was replaced by a confused stare. Confused huh? Yea right. He sure is playing the part though.

She could feel his eyes on her as she turned and walked away, ready to greet others. Anyone else but the fab five. They disgusted her with their cocky knowing ways. Thinking that they could get any woman they wanted huh? We'll see to that.

Howie laughed at Kevin's startled expression. It wasn't often someone turned one of them down, especially Kevin or Aj. He chuckled to himself. This was going to be fun.


He turned around startled when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Autumn, so nice to see you agian. " He gave a friendly handshake, which startled her. Better for her to know that he didn't want in her pants.

"Howie, likewise." Her handshake was firm and strong. She grinned at Howie, whom she liked the moment they met. He was sweet, sincere, and funny. A hard combination to find in a guy.

The party raged on until the early morning hours. Overall, it was a big sucess. Everyone congratulated her on her success. But, she just wanted to go home.

She fought back a yawn and lost.

"Tired?" Alex fought back a grin, trying not to look at the way her body looked in that dress.

"Very." Even too tired to avoid talking to you. She thought bitterly. Something about him just rubbed her the wrong way.

Autumn felt Alex's lips next to her ear.

"Come back to my place with me, I'll make sure you rest up.." The note in his voice told her he intended more. Any girl could notice that. Any girl, however would take him up on his offer, just because hes Aj of the Backstreet Boys. She cringed.

"I'm not that tired, Mr. Mclean." She laughed, she couldn't help it. That had to be the worst pick up line, ever.

Alex's eyes raged with fury. How dare she turn him down?

"Afraid that as soon as I get you, I won't want you anymore? No good? Sorry baby." He couldn't help it he was mad, she turned him down.

Autumn closed her eyes as the familiarity of his comment hit home. He couldn't know.

"Know this, AJ, I'll never be afraid of you, I'll never be yours. You disgust me. I wouldn't sleep with you even if I was to die in a day, and you were the last man I saw. I wouldn't want to risk getting something, I'd rather die. " She stopped to smirk at him. "Oh, and Mr. Mclean, I bet there are plenty of cheap thrills to ease your overbearing ego. They'll feed it, but I won't. Its best that you realize that before you go to work tomorrow." She gave a mock wink and walked away.


Alex just stared openmouthed after the beauty that he'd never have.

Autumn waited until the last of the guests left, then closed the door behind her. A cleanup crew would be coming in the morning before the resteraunt opened.

She yawned one last time and locked the door behind her. She had an early wake up call from Jive. Looking at her watch, she sighed. 3 am. She had to be at Jive at 9. Getting into her Porshe, she raced home.


As soon as her head hit the pillow that night, she fell instantly asleep. Somewhere during the night, she felt her cat, Sage, jump up on the bed and nestle herself between her head and the pillow.

She was wearing a black slinky dress. It barely reached her knees, and almost showed her chest. It was sunny, and warm. On her feet were a pair of red stilettos, higher than what was comfortable. She was in a lavish hotel room, with a huge bed and a beautiful dining set. The patio door was opened, and the cool ocean breeze made her silky strands fly around her face like they had a mind of their own.

"Hey baby." she looked up hurriedly, and found herself smiling. She inwardly frowned.

"Alex, love, hello." She felt herself unwillingly rush over to him. He held her tight, capturing her in a passionate kiss.

Roses materialized out of thin air. "You look more beautiful than one hundred of these." He layed the soft petals across her cheek, tickling her face. She felt herself giggle girlishly and fought the urge to throw up. That had to be the corniest pick up line, and she was eatting it up..right out of his hand. She was being held prisoner in her own dreams.

She materialized in front of the lavish italian dinner that was laid before her. Alex was between her and all of the food. She felt herself gobbling it down, felt the dress stretch its limits as her belly grew bigger. She looked down in surpise and screamed. She saw her cheeks, arms, legs, belly, everything as if she was looking in a mirror. She was huge.

Alex sneered at her from across the table. "What happened babe, eat too much? Its okay, I'll make it better, just dont' crush me. " She felt tears roll down her cheeks, ashamed at her own appearance. Ashamed that he was getting to her like this. She looked down at her clothes again. She was startled to realize that she had on a huge moo moo type gown.She couldn't even see her feet in front of her.

Alex was busily talking to another woman. Right in front of her. They started kissing. He came up for air and looked at her cruely.

"Why are you still here? You actually thought I'd want you now.? " She quickly found a door in front of her face and sighed. This is too much like....No, no. she wasn't going to get into that right now.

She stumbled until an arm disapeared beneath her skin, getting lost in the fat.

"Woah there, beautiful, dont' go falling now." Kevin's sexy voice loomed down on her.

She looked up at him and frowned.

"What are you doing here?" She couldn't figure this dream out, not yet anyway.

"I'm here for you darlin'" His accent was thick and adorable.

"Here for me?...but....b..look at me!" She screamed the last words, hiding her face from his knowing eyes.

He lifted her head up, kissing her softly.

"You're beautiful, hon, thats all I can see. Thats all I've ever seen."

She could hear herself saying no, over and over again. This wasn't supposed to happen, not ever.



"Autumn, this is Jason, where are you?" Kevin's voice changed tones and she looked at him startled.

"Its okay if you're a little late, but please try to get here as soon as possible." She could hear snickering in the background, and with a start, she awoke and cursed, looking at her watch.

It was already 9 am. She slept through her alarm and now she was going to be late for her second interview with Jive. Great, just peachy.

She got to the offices at exactly 9:15. Her hair was unwashed, her clothes were thrown together. She had no idea how she looked.

"Rough morning?" Alex grinned at her as she came into the office. She looked even more beautiful then the day before. She wore a fine black silk suit, with a bright pink top and pink stilettos.

She just gave him a glare as she sat down across from ...Kevin. He just grinned.

She moaned in agony as the interview went on for what seemed like forever.

"Okay, Mrs. Whitby, we're very impressed with your..how can we say this....immunity to the boys charms. Not to mention the amount of expirience you have. You're hired. You start tomorrow. " He handed her a palm pilot and a stack of papers to sign. He also handed her the boys current schedule,for the next week.

She couldn't help but smile victoriously at Alex as she walked out of the office.
Chapter 4 by Tati
Autumn smiled down at the tired, sleepless faces before her. Brian looked like he got hit with a mack truck, Howie was silently dozing in his chair, Kevin's eyes were glazed over from staring out in space too long, Nick was nodding off, and Aj, poor Aj, he was dead asleep, head in his hands, face covered by his shoulders and his latest craze: pullovers.

She laughed silently. This wasn't what she hoped to accomplish by making them come out here today at this early hour. It was only...what...8 am? Makeup did wonders to under-eye- circles and that of the like. Downing several cups of coffee this morning made her revved up and ready to go.

'Okay, guys, I brought you out here today to talk about your upcoming tour, as well as the weeks before that. We have alot of promotion to do, so these next few weeks are going to be crucial. " She looked again at the faces around her. No one so much as even flinched.

She sighed, drastic measures were needed, obviously. Almost regretfully (Almost.) she quickly went outside, to the kitchenette area. Filling a huge pitcher full of cold water, she returned silently, to the meeting room. The guys, were oblvious to what she was about to do. If snores indicated that. Very loud obnoxious snores.

Nick awoke with a start, having popped his neck one to many times. He supressed laughter at Autumn's frusterated gaze. He looked at what was in her hands and his eyes openend in suprise. She put a slender finger to her lips to indicate silence. He just nodded.

He watched Brian from across the room. He had silly tired grin on his face as Autumn raised the pitcher over Aj's head.

With a grin, she let the first few droplets of water fall on his brown hair. He stirred, but the snoring continued. With a gleam in her eyes and a smirk on her face, she urged the pitcher at more of an angle, making a steady downpour cascade out of the spout like a waterfall.

'JEEZUS. WHAT THE HELL." Aj sat up with a start, shivering. His shirt was soaked to the core.

"So nice of you to join us Aj. " The fiesty redhead said from above him. She didnt try to hide the evidence. In her hands was a blasted yellow as spring pitcher, now empty. Its contents steadily soaking through his expensive clothing.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" His angry eyes just made her laugh more.

"Nothing, Aj, darling. I just need you AWAKE for this meeting. Get to bed late? Too busy partying? Oh poo, its time to come back to the real world and work the big boys job." She snickered as she set the pitcher on the table, now clearly pleased that everyones attention was on her.

"Now, gents, since I have ya'lls attention, I'm going to press on with this meeting. Like I said as this meeting started 30 minutes ago, coffee is available to you who can't keep their eyes open. Drastic measures will be taken to ensure that I get your full attention. Understand?" Her voice had an undertone of anger.

"Woah, chill, lady. Wake up on the bitchy side of the bed much?" Alex grumbled as she buried his hands under his chest, trying to warm up.

"No Alex, babe, I actually went to bed at a decent hour. Noone said your job would be easy. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it for you. You either work, or you can go home. Don't expect me to fill you in on the details because your lazy ass decided to sleep in because you had a wee bit too much fun lastnight getting trashed. I don't approve that behavior and will only tolerate it so much. I believe that all of you are grown up enough to know when you need to work, and when you can play. Right now, boys, is a time for work. I need your undivided attention. If this meeting goes well, I'll make sure the next one won't be set up at the butt crack of dawn. Seeing as how you're about to start a tour as well, I suggest you get used to me right away. If you have any problems, I also suggest either keeping them to yourself, or coming to me about them directly. Alright boys and girls, lets get onto our first topic of discussion: Promotion."

"Yes Ma'am Seargent Mc. Bitch" Alex huffed under his breath.

Autumn chose to ingore the comment. Seeing him shivering in his tacky expensive looking silk shirt was revenge enough.

"I have interviews set up in Orlando and Tampa for the start of your tour. I also have photoshoots, as well as an off day. I'll give you a copy of this schedule , but for right now, I'll read what I have, and if any of you have any suggestions, or comments, please tell me and I'll change it to your needs."

Brian looked at Autumn stunned. She would change it? No manager has ever offered to change the schedule for them. They always were given the paper of death and expected to follow it, without complaint. He felt a smile creep up his face.

"Today is Saturday, which means that all you have right now, is this meeting. you'll have the rest of the day off, as well as tomorrow off. Monday however will begin with rehersals, which start at 8am. There will be a break in rehersals to go to Disney World. There, you will sing a few songs, ride a few rides, promote your new cd, Black and Blue, have a signing, as well as grant a few lucky fans the chance to take pictures with you. you will go back to rehersals until 9 pm. After that, the nights yours,. but I caution you this, don't stay out too late, because you'll be up early in the morning for Tuesday. Tuesday's schedule consists of a radio interview at 7 am, rehersals at 9, break for lunch, photoshoot at 4pm. At 6pm you are to go to dinner with lucky fans of the "Color my world." Contest. This contest awarded two fans from 13 and up the chance to go to dinner with ya'll. They had to submit a semi- biography on themselves stating what they did to make the world a better place. A Miss Jennifer Rides from TX won for her chartiable efforts with Habitat for Humantiy, Adopt a Highway, as well as teen reach programs. Another, Michelle Tandbury, KY, won for her amazing efforts concering Brian's charity, HHC. Even though people argued about whether or not her entry should count, we couldn't ignore her efforts. Brian, you of all people should know what this amazing teen has done for your organization, with no hopes of any sort of prize. After the dinner, ya'll are free. Wednesday, rehersals start at 9am and go on through ..." she looks down on her paper and frowns."..it appears that they last all day. So, I leave you at Fatima's hands that day. Thursday however, is a jam packed day with rehearsals that start at 7 am, breakfast is provided, lunch, then at 2 pm, off to another photoshoot, this time for your tour. This concerns the promotional posters, as well as the backstage passes. There, you will also decide on the merchandising, as well as a few of the concert clothes. As you can see I'm giving you guys a lot of freedom to choose what you want. Don't take it for granted please. At 7 pm, you will go back for rehersals as well as fittings. Three more dancers will be added, who have trained extensively by themselves these past few weeks. Friday, rehearsals start at 8 am, lunch at 1, then at 4, you'll have an autographed signing at the local music store, to promote your cd. After the signing, you'll wind down with me at a beautiful italian resteraunt on the beach. Saturday is of course, a full rehersal day. Sunday is as well. Monday begins the start of your tour. Any comments? Quesitons?"

She took a deep breath and looked around the room. They looked speechless, was that a bad thing?

"Disney World?" Nick managed to choke out.

She grinned. "Yes Nick, Disney World. I promise to let you meet Mickey Mouse. We'll even get a picture, k?" She laughed when he shot her a look to kill.

"May I ask why Disney World?" Kevin's unapproved look sent chills down to her toes.

"Well, yes, you may. Disney World's occupants have all types of people. From teens to kids. Also, their will be a lot of fans, who are already excited about your appearance, seeing as how all of the tickets for the park are sold out that day. Its reached full capactiy, which hasn't happened since the last time you've been there. You'll help them, they'll help us. Plus, with ya'lls friendly demanors, you can't go wrong. Everyone whos anyone will love you. The ones that don't are just jealous." She sounded confident, again.

"Oh. I agree that Disney is a wise choice. We have a wide fan range there. Plus, we get to ride rides!" Howies voice was so excited, it was adorable.

"Then, I'm going to ask again, why the dinner with only you.? I thought you might not want to be alone with us. I thought you weren't attracted to us?" Aj belted out angrily.

"Oh Aj, of course I'm not attracted to you. Kevin, I can handle, but you, oh no. And the dinner is a mere form of relaxation before everything goes into kaos. You're welcome to bring 'lady friends' Aj. As for everyone else, feel free to bring your girlfriends. " She smiled sweetly down upon all of them.

Brian had to laugh at Alex's boyish pout. "Its okay if you don't remember their name J, I'll ask them casually at dinner."

Autumn couldn't help but to laugh.

"Okay boys, any more quesitons? I'll assume you're happy with your schedule? We can't have a pouty Aj on our hands the whole tour. That'd drive me mad." she tried to hide the laugh in her voice, but couldn't help it and laughed so hard that she had to stop for breath.

"No, Autumn, this is great. Thanks for being so concerned. Thats a rarity among managers these days." Howie winked.

"Alright guys, class dismissed. I'll see you all bright and early Monday morning. Yes, I'll be dancing with ya'll. Just for the fun of it."

"Hey, any excuse to see you in barely there clothing." Ajs flirting attempt, once again, was shot down.

"Oh don't worry hon, I'll make sure to wear only the bare essentials for you." Sarcasm was thick in her voice.

With that, she left the room quickly, leaving the guys behind. Yawning she got to her car before someone stopped her.

"Autumn?" Kevin's beautiful baritone called from behind her.

"Yes, Kevin?" She turned around to face him, startled when he was even closer that she originally thought.

"Maybe we could get a cup of coffee? I wanted to talk to you about opening acts." She smiled at him.

"That'd be great. Your's or mine? Either way, we're swinging by my place so I can change." She looked at her beloved Porshe, the at his beautiful hummer.

"Yours, I want to feel the wind in my hair." He flipped his cropped style girlishly, imitating girls she knew.

"Alright.'

"Hey, where are you two going?" Brian walked up nervously, hoping not to interrupt anything.

"Oh, we're just going to get some coffee, wanna come?" Autumn asked casually.

"Sure. Whos car?" She looked at her Porshe again and grinned. It could fit four people comfortably. Good thing for two doored- four seaters.

"Did someone say coffee?" Aj's ears perked up as he strolled casually through the parking lot.

"Yes, Aj, we're going to get coffee. You're welcome to come." Autumn just wanted to get out of these clothes.

"Will there be muffins?" Nicks stomach growled.

Autumn laughed at the 4 eager boys that were awaiting her reply.

"Yes, there will be muffins. I'll tell you what, why don't you all come to my place, and I'll make you homemade coffee and breakfast?" That slipped out of her mouth before she could stop it.

"YEA!!" Aj whopped his fist in the air excitedly. "Do we get a grand tour? Do I get to see your bedroom?"

"Aj, this is one of those times where you're creeping me out." She sighed.

"Howie? Are you coming man?" Brian asked over his shoulder at Howie, who was steadily approaching.

"Nah, man, I'm gonna go home and crash. Thanks though, I'll take a rain check." He disappeared to his own car, a shiny black Mercedes.

"Alright boys, lets all pile in my small compact car for the 20 minute drive to my condo." She yawned again.

"SHOTGUN!!!" Nick called ethusiastically, running for her car, which was 20 yards away.

"HEY NO FAIR. WHOEVER GETS THERE FIRST." Aj took off in a run, chasing Nick.

A victourious "WHOOP" could be heard as Aj pranced around to the passenger side door.

Nick, however sulked beside the car, head down, hands in pockets.

"No fair, I called it." He leaned against the car.

"Okay, play nice boys, or I'll have to give you time out." Autumn stated in her best teacher-scolding -a-naughty-student-voice.

All she got for the trouble was Aj winking at her suggestively.

After everyone squeezed into her car, she let down the top, cursing when her hair flew everywhere.

"WOAHH it has a mind of its own!!!" Brian screeched above the wind, hitting the hair with his hands like a scared cat hitting at a piece of lint.



When the ride finally came to an end, four sore Backstreet Boys unfolded themselves from her car.

"Ya'll insisted on taking on mine, now you pay the price. " She couldn't help but rub it in their faces.

She laughed at the guys eager faces upon entering her kitchen.

"Have a seat guys. I might as well give in to the fact that I can't get rid of you. And here I was thinking I'd get a peaceful day to myself." She laughed to herself..

"I'll relax you, baby." Aj couldn't help but to try agian.

"Aww, thats so sweet Aj, I'll show you how to do yoga after breakfast." She grinned and entered the Kitchen.

"Okay, so whats everyone want for breakfast?"

"Aren't you a good cook? So I could order like..an omelet, and you'd spice it up Emril style?" Brian couldn't hide the eagerness.

"Boys, just name something and I'll cook it, meanwhile, sit down on the couch and relax. Aj will show you how to, since he claims to be so good at it."

An hour, a pile of pans, batter ,stained clothes and face, plus a few "BAM's" later, breakfast was served.

"Okay guys. Chocolate chip pancakes for Nicky, An omelet with bacon, peppers, and all the like for Brian, not to mention sunny side up eggs, and some hashbrowns. Aj, you wanted walnut and blueberry pankcakes with maple syrup and whip cream, and Kevin, you wanted breakfast burritos. Did I miss anyone?" She sat the plates down accordinly to each boys request.

"Wow, Auttie, you really outdid yourself." Brian's eyes bulged as she set three heaping plates in front of him.

"Nah, cooking makes me relax, letting go of frusterations Aj brings me." She smiled sweetly at him as she herself sat down to a breakfast of chocolate chip pankcakes.

"Hey, wheres my whipcream?" Aj asked sadly.

"Aww, poor boy. Look in the fridge, go crazy."

He came back happily with a can of whipcream. He began to spray it until there was a moutain twice the size of the pankcakes on his plate.

Autumn said nothing, especially since he failed to realize that the whip cream he was currently eatting was made with soy based proteins.

I guess he still didn't notice. She watched him gobble his whipcream with a little pancake down. A little healthy never did anyone wrong.

"Well, guys, as much as I'd love for you to stay, and you know, do the dishes, or whatnot, I'm going to have to drive you back so I can take a nap." She gathered everyones plates and piled them in the sink to tackle for another day.

"Thank you for the excellent breakfast. I'm sure you won Nicky here over. Not to mention me. Any woman who can cook like you do is great in my book. Now you're never going to get rid of us." Kevin said almost apologetically. She stared in his eyes a moment before turning away. Did she want to get rid of him?

Before anyone could notice the blush on her cheeks, she was out the door, waiting by her car for them to follow.

No, she didn't want to get rid of any of them. As much as she hated to admit it, they were all growing on her. Growing on her too fast. When Kevin's lips brushed her cheek before he left the front seat, she felt her cheeks burn, her stomach flutter. Yes, too fast for her tastes.

He does have a cute butt though, she laughed to herself as she watched them walk to their respective cars.

With horrifing clarity, she realized that not once did her and Kevin talk about opening acts. Inwardly groaning, she set her alarm and fell asleep. Kevin's soft lips brushing her cheek her last memory.

Kevin grinned to himself as he watched Autumn out of the corner of his eye. Was she checking him out? Good. He'd have her in no time. Better him than Aj, anyway.

Before Aj could go to far, he caught up with him.

"Hey, Aj, I got a proposition for you, that quite frankly, you can't refuse. Whoever beds Autumn first wins. That includes cracking the shell of her oh so professional state."

Aj's eyebrows knitted together mischiveiously.

"Your on. What do I get when I win?" His arrogance shone through everything.

"That will be decided later on. I haven't decided yet."

With smiles on their faces, they happy pair walked to their cars, and headed for home. This tour was going to be great. The best tour yet.
Chapter 5 by Tati
Autumn looked at her reflection. For a day at Disney World, this wasn't going to be too bad.
Her cute green capri's and tan tank matched well with her tan sandals.

The boys were a hoot at practice. They stumbled around, looked half asleep and halfway through one song Alex just started doing his own butt shaking thing.
She laughed at the memory. She hated to admit it, but he has a nice....butt.

Everyone, including her, was looking forward to a relaxing day at Disney World. Well, as relaxing as you can get for being one of the Backstreet Boys.

"Hello?" She almost dropped her cell phone.

"OMG AUTUMN, YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE WORKING FOR THE BOYS. I HAD TO FIND OUT FROM MARIA." There was obvious hurt in Brooke's voice.

"Oh, I'm soo sorry chick, I've been so busy lately, I haven't even had time to think about calling anyone and telling them the horrible news." She grinned.

"Hey, I'll tell you what, why don't you come down to Disney World, and spend the day with us? That way you can meet them. Its okay if you have other plans, I'll just tell Nick that he can meet his wife some other time. " She pleaded, but if you paid attention, you'd hear a light sarcasm there as well.

"Uh....are you crazy? How could I not take you up on an offer like that! Oh you're too funny Aut. Oh my God.....what am I going to wear?" Brooke sighed heavily.

Autumn laughed aloud when she heard the unmistakeable sound of a girl rifling through clothes. Rifling through all of her clothes and throwing the majority on the floor.

"Just meet me at my house in 30 minutes, okay?" After she dragged a "Yes" out of her, she hung up the phone.

Was this going to be fun or what?

She made sure to put on her pale yellow bikini. She wasn't stupid, she knew the boys favorite colors. Lets just say that Alex will be going crazy by the end of the night.

She didn't mean for it to be this way. It was an idea that she just couldn't ignore. She would see which boy cracked first. Which one would make the move. See which one would have that unreliable hunger in their eyes.
Of course, she wasn't going to give them what they wanted, but it was sure going to be fun to get up to that point. After all the hours she put through this weekend just making up schedules, she had to have some excitiement in her life.

Boy, was she ever clever. Alex was going to be easy. Any man wouldn't turn down a girl in a bikini. She smiled to herself as she thought about the weeks to come.

A knock on the door interrupted her planning.

Brooke stood on the other side, wearing nothing but a blue bikini top with a blue jean skirt and a pair of blue sandals. Oh yes, she knew how to get under Nick's skin too. And once their oh so hard shell was cracked, well....She wasn't going to get into that right now.

After loading up in her Porshe, they sped off towards Jive headquarters.

A very excited Nick paced the floor waiting for the others to arrive.

"THIS IS DISNEY WORLD MAN. THIS IS WHERE KEVIN'S DREAM CAME TRUE." He grinned to himself as he thought about the older man. Like an older nagging brother, he had insisted that they be very early. And since they got out of rehearsals early, that had made them an hour early for their next scheduled task: Disney World.

So, for an hour, Nick has been getting on everyones nerves, Howie's been sleeping, Brian's been twiddling his thumbs, Alex has the mistaken identity of James Brown and Kevin, what was he doing? Oh, he was perfecting his plan of course.

"Nick, shut the hell up and sit down. You're acting like a little kid." Kevin growled the words.

"Yo, chill Kev, hes just being hyper. We'll all pretty stoked to be going. Its not everyday we get to do something like this." Alex tried to come to Nick's defense, but it was all in vain.

"You shut the hell up Kevin and stop acting like an old grumpy man. Did Kristen not give you any last night? Is that why you're acting like a stick is up your ass?" Nick grinned and chuckled to himself. The oldest member of the Backstreet Boys wasn't getting any. That was something to laugh about.

Kevin growled under his breath.

"At least I don't have to pay for what she gives freely. Hah, I didn't even have to pay her our first time, which I can't say the same for you Nicky Boy." He knew he had gone too far. What happened that night they had agreed never to speak of again. He had crossed that line and he could see the disappointment on his other brothers faces.

Brian didn't have to say it, Kevin already knew he was an ass. Of course, that didn't stop him from saying it again.

"Kevin stop being an ass." Brian couldn't believe his cousin. Kevin had never knew when to shut up. He always said stuff without thinking, Brian looked over at Nick's defeated face. His whole body looked like it just gave up on the world.

"It was your fault anyway Kevin, that he had to pay someone. If you hadn't pushed, he would have never. Which I can't really say the same about you. Unlike Nick, you wouldn't need pushing. At least you didn't these past few times." Again, another line was crossed. Everyone agreed to keep Kevin's private life out of the offices. They agreed to never talk about it where little ears could hear. Brian didn't mind crossing this line, Kevin deserved it.

He couldn't miss the hateful look in Kevin's eyes, or the thankful one in Nicks. Oh well.

"Hey guys, are you ready...." Autumn's words stopped forming when she saw the looks on the guys faces.

"Did I miss something? " She looked around the room, but noone answered.

"Alright, since noone is fessing up to anything, then...put a smile on your faces and lets go." The authority in her command was brutal. She didnt' care what happened. She had no use for their secrets. They have a job to do, people to please. Why not go about it with smiles on their faces?

Sadly, she was right, in every way.

As Kevin's eyes roamed hungrily over her body, assurance flooded his senses. This was going to be one hell of a game. A fun game. But boy, was he ever going to be wrong.
Chapter 6 by Tati
"OMG BRIAN I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES"

"AJ YOU CAN BONE ME ANYDAY."

"KEVIN--"

"NICK---"

"HOWARD--"

"--WILL YOU MARRY ME"

"--I NAMED MY DOG AFTER YOU."

"--OM FIDDLE STICKS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH."


All of the screaming became a blur as soon as her head hit the window.They'd only been touring for a month and already Autumn despised it. Yea, okay, she got the main jist of it down, but the fans got on her nerves. She had no grudges against them, it was only when they screamed in her ear. Or begged for backstage passes. Or begged for a phone number, tears invovled. How these fans knew who she was baffled her. She sighed again as the car inched slowly in the traffic. Fans where everywhere. Currently, they were surrounding her car, pounding on the windows and screaming their favorite boys name. They didn't realize that all of the boys had already left. They didn't realize that she and a few crew were the only ones in the car. Maybe if this car didn't have tinted windows....Yawning, she snuggled into her leather jacket.


"Hey, Aut, we're here." She opened her eyes lazily as a hand came out and brushed her shoulder, shaking it gently. When she opened her eyes, she grinned at the beautiful green staring back at her.

"Hey sexy." She blushed as Kevin's grin got wide. She blamed it on the sleepy endorphins still clogging her thought process. But she knew better.

Kevin flashed a sexy smile, a mere tilt of lips and flash of teeth. She grinned and held onto his hand tightly as he helped her out of the car.

It was too fucking early for any fans to be around. But alas, there were. Not many, but some.

She delibriatley walked in front of Kevin, putting an extra sass in her step. She'd have him in no time.

Kevin watched Autumn's reaction to his smile. Yep, he'd have her in no time.



He walked up to Alex's room and knocked on the door.

"Yo man, the rules have changed. Since obviously I will win without any challenge what so ever, we're going to spice things up a bit. The first one to make it to the tabloids, plus the original challenge wins. In other words, when they start printing that me and her are a couple, I win. Now, for when I win, I'll get to set you up on dates. Any date, any person I want. For one whole week. As an added bonus to me, I'll make it non alchololic. That means, you and your lady friend will get to go on dates organized by me. Right down to the last french fry, sushi platter, music note." He smirked confidently and already began thinking of date ideas.

Alex's brow quirked up. "Oh really. Seeing as how she already kissed me, (he was lying, but Kev couldn't tell.) then you'll need to step up your game. If I win, which I will, you'll give up fornication for a month (Self or with partner of choice.) As well as doing a little something extra on the next 3 shows of my choice." Alex beamed up at Kevin, knowing the older man had no chance in hell.

"What do I get when I win?" Both guys turned around openmouthed.

"Brian!" They looked at him with astonshiment.

"I don't know what poor girl you're doing this too, but take my advice and stop before emotions get involved. Once they do, all hell breaks loose." He had a grim expression with a slight frown on his lips.

Both men nodded their heads understandingly, but said nothing.

Brian sighed and walked away, entering his hotel room and shutting the door.

He knew who this was being done too, and she didn't deserve it. He wasn't going to get into it with them tonight, but if things didn't change real fast then he was going to have to save their asses. Again.


Autumn awoke with a start as a loud persisent knock sounded on her door. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the sound, but another loud bang came, which demanded to not be ignored. Grumbling, she rose out of bed and rested on her elbows, squinting in the darkness.

The clock read 3:12 a.m. She hadn't even been asleep for an hour.


Her body feeling like lead, her feet dragging on the plush carpet, she slowly made her way to the door.

"This better be bloody good, because if it isn't their going to get smacked."

"Well hello to you too, sunshine. I couldn't sleep, I was wondering if I could come in and talk to you about some pressing issues I have." She looked up with a confused expession on her face.

"Why the hell did you wake me up in the middle of the morning to talk to me about 'pressing issues'? Couldn't this wait until the meeting later on?" She glared at Kevin. Last time he said he wanted to talk, they didn't talk once about his 'suggestions for opening acts.'. She gave him a glare and added, "Get the hell away from me Kevin. You woke me up for some nonsense crap, and I'm not gonna stay awake for you, only for you to dodge the topic. Now, I suggest you get some sleep because we go on the Early show tomorrow. Wake up call is at 5 am. You are so lucky you didn't get a kick in the family jewels. Thats only what you deserve." She started to close the door on him, when his fingers gripped the door, holding it in his current place.

" Wait, I just wanted to see your sexy body once more before I go to sleep." His voice purred with sexiness, dropping lower.

"You're kidding right? Don't freaking wake me up and send me that line of bullcrap. You might want to get some better pick up lines too. Those suck major ass. Any other chick would have been disgusted. You're lucky I didn't laugh in your face.. Come to think of it, you might want to watch Alex for some pointers. I hear hes real smooth with anything that has boobs. Next time you want to talk to me, use a telephone." She pried his fingers of the door and slammed it in his face.


"Woah, total rejection man. So what are these 'pressing issues'? Don't you think that if their that important, you'd come to us first?" Alex snickered as Kevin walked away and entered his room, shutting it behind him,.


Autumn fumed as she slid back under the covers. With the way things are going, she wanted nothing to do with Kevin and his corny pick up lines.

Couldn't she have any one other than 'Train ' hit on her? She'd never live it down if she was caught with any of the Boys. Yuck. She could just see her friends sneers now.

"OH LOOK, HES NOT GAY AFTER ALL."

"DID YOU TURN HIM WITH YOUR FEMININE WILES?"

"YOU'RE DATING A BSB FAG BOY? HOW FUNNY."

And that was only the nicer of the comments.

No, she could do without all of that complicating her life. Staying away from them in public was the key. No compromising situations, tabliods, no friends laughing at her for bagging a fagstreet boy, erm..Backdoorboy. Yes, being low key was the ticket for her. This ticket was what was going to keep her sane. No contact, no problems.

Her game was going to be even tricker now to try and avoid the hawk eyes of the reporters.

She was always up for a challenge.

She grinned to herself as she fell asleep.


The game just turned into something more. Something exciting, new, dangerous. What are they willing to sacrafice to win?
Chapter 7 by Tati
She yawned and stretched out her limbs. After rehearsing the moves with the boys, she was sore. She looked at the clock and groaned. In bright red letters it read : 5:18 am. What better way to lose some frusteration then at the hotel gym? The boys themselves weren't going to be up for at least another 5 hours. Today, gladly, was one of their only off days. They were in beautiful downtown San Antonio. The riverwalk, the resteraunts, the alamo. Autumn quickly changed into her casual attire. Okay okay, more like "Workout trash attire." In her perspective anyway. A sports bra was the only thing that covered her chest, shorts encased her long tan legs. Noone was going to see her like this, so what did it matter? Lacing up her nikes, she stood up and stretched again. She slipped her room key in the pocket inside her gym shorts.

Autumn stepped onto the treadmill. This was how she liked to start her day. Work off her frusterations, then relax in a nice hot bubble bath. Her blasted red hair kept hitting her face. It was really getting too long. She flipped it out of her eyes once more and set the treadmill on a meduim uphill hike. Lets just say with the boys in her thoughts 247, she was reallllly frusterated.


Alex awoke with a start. Sweat trickled down his spine, his forehead to add to the already soaked sheets. He wiped off sweat threatening to go into his mouth with his knuckle. Sighing he looked at the clock. 5:30 a.m.. That was too early to be up on his only day off. He stumbled out of bed, stubbing his toe on the chair by the bathroom.

"Shit!!!" He wobbled by the door on one foot, holding his other with his hand, rubbing his toe.

"Baby? Come back to bed." a sultry blonde with curly hair that bounced everytime she moved squeaked from the bed.

He went into the restroom and relieved himself. It was not until he felt arms around his waist that he sighed.

"Emma, honey, not now." He pulled on a curl and sighed.

Emma knew this was wrong, but with business to attend to in Texas, this was the perfect opportunity. She yawned and crawled back into bed. She heard the door close and sighed.



Alex went straight to the pool. The water calms him more than Jack ever could. He looked around quickly and stripped naked. Before he gave it a second thought, he dived into the cool waters.He floated onto his back and drowned out the outside world.


Autumn took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She had been doing yoga for three months now. Well, three months every chance she got, which wasnt much. So this would make it her what...third time doing it? She didn't go by a video, just did the same ole' routine. If anyone looked hard enough, it'd just look like she was stretching. Oh well, same principle, right?

She yawned again, feeling her whole body relax. One more repition and she was ready for bed.

Alex quickly got out of the water and shivered. He looked around in horror as he realized that he didn't bring a towel. Groaning inwardly he thought to himself. Air dry? He groaned again and stood there for a minute.


She got up and stretched. Maybe she'd go out to the pool and dip her feet in. She was tired, but going back to sleep now would do more harm than good. She walked over to the sliding glass door connecting the outside pool to the gym. Squinting she looked out into the beautiful dark morning.


Alex jumped with a start and screeched. He could hear someone behind him. Someone that came out of the patio door. He grabbed the first thing he could reach and covered his crotch.

She looked up into the sky one last time and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes when something bright blinded her vision. Opening them up inch by inch, she started laughing when she realized what it was. She laughed so hard she had to hold onto the poolside furniture. Autumn looked up and grinned as she watched Alex grab a flip flop to cover himself up with.

"Hey, dude, your butt blinded me, think you could get dressed? I DO NOT want to have to explain this one." She laughed at his expression.

"Autumn? What are you doing out here?" He quickly got dressed, trying not to show too much skin. It was a lost cause.

"I could ask the same about you, lover-boy." She flopped down onto a chair and kicked off her shoes.

Alex's eyes widened in surpise. Was she flirting with him? He watched as she took off her shoes. His eyes roamed her body, but his mind was still confused.

Autumn yawned and moved to the pool. Sitting down on the edge she carefully put her feet in. A moment later, she felt the closeness of a hip touching hers, feet kicking silently in the water beside her still ones. She looked up, which was a mistake. His eyes sucked her in, telling them everything he knew. Showing her everything he was.

Alex looked at Autumn and smiled. The eye trick worked every time.

Autumn felt her head tilt up and forward. She jumped when she felt soft lips touch hers.

"What the hell are you doing?" She fought the urge to wipe her mouth off with the back of her hand.

Alex look flabbergasted. One hand was on her arm, the other one cradling her face.

He almost had her. He could taste her lips still, see the hopeless look in her eyes. His gut fluttered anxiously when she leaned into him and closed her eyes.

"Well, Mr. Mclean, you have ruined another great sunrise. Thanks alot. " She got up and brushed her shorts off, picking up her shoes on the way. She didn't feel like taking the time to put them on. It'd just give him a chance to say something she didn't want to hear. She hated the truth in his eyes. He might not know he was projecting it, but it was there, in plain sight, for her eyes only.

She was this close to having him and she suddenly got a conscience. She could still see the lost look in his eyes. The lost, hurtful, truthful look. He was just begging to be saved. To be given some kind of direction.

There was no way she was going to be able to go back to sleep now.
Chapter 8 by Tati
Autumn leaned her head on her hands. It was ten in the morning and for once, she had nothing to do. The boys were off on their own accord, seeing the sights of San Antone. Meanwhile, she was twiddling her thumbs trying to bide the time until the concert tonight. She flipped out her palm pilot, looking at next weeks schedule. It was a busy week. Sighing, she made a few adjustments, then began working where the schedule left off.

"Mrs. Nimbs? Yes, this is Mrs. Whitby from Backstreet management. How are you doing today?" the squeaky voice on the other side chirped merrily. "Thats great. Listen, I know you have a busy schedule, but I was wondering, is your facility free on the 18th? Hmm, I see. Yes Yes, I would say no more than twenty. Alright, thank you."


She quickly hung up the phone and set her plan in motion.


Alex rubbed his hand in confusion. Where was his credit card? He tapped his baggy pockets, but to no avail. Flipping open his phone he dialed a number.

"Room 1175 please." He waited while the elderly mother on the other line connected him.

"Whitby speaking, what can I do for you?" Her voice was all professional, businesslike. She hid nothing, which would evenutally come back to bite her in the butt.

"Autumn, honey, did I leave my credit card there?" His voice was frantic.

"How the hell should I know?"

"Could you check my room please? You should have all of our keys, being the manager and all." his voice was so sad, lost. He knew what could happen in this situation.

"Alright, but if I find it here, then you better keep track of it next time." She sighed heavily, not needing the interruption. She sifted through her keys until she found the one she wanted.

She slipped into her silk robe and opened the door, closing it behind her. He had better hope his credit card didn't fall into the wrong hands.

She slipped the card into the slot and opened the door.

"Hey baby, I hope you don't mind, but I bought me some new clothes with your card. Oh and a few more things." Autumn looked at the once clean floor scattered with Armani and Fifth Avenue bags. A lot of them. Autumn looked up to the pretty brunette on the bed.

"Who in the hell are you?" her eyes glowed an angry green.

"I could ask the same about you, and why you feel the need to steal someones property. Tell me, do you like the color orange? How about being in debt up to your eyeballs, with noone to help you?" She smirked at the mysterioius girl.

She hmmphed and had the gall to stretch like a cat, in a barely there silk teddy.

"I am Amanda, Alex's girlfriend. Sorry honey, hes probably through with you. Whats your name again? I'll tell him you said goodbye. He won't be needing you now that I am here." She smirked and rubbed her thigh idly.

"For one, if you knowingly support his sex addiction, then you aren't any better than a groupie yourself. Two, I am the boys' manager, Autumn Whitby. Alex called me to help him find his missing credit card. Its funny how hes NEVER mentioned you. " Autumn knew she was cutting it a little close. She had only been the boys manager for a few months.

She walked to the door and looked behind her. " I suggest you get out of here before I call security. Oh, and one more thing, AMANDA, I'll need his credit card. " She held out her manicured hand.

"Psh, what makes you think I'm going to give it to you?" She stood up, her perfect athletic body challenging. The credit card was between her teeth.

Autumn walked up to Amanda, held her hand out once again and tapped her foot.

"The credit card, now."

"Yes, Amanda, I think you've been mooching off Aj long enough." Kevin came and stood beside Autumn, towering over them both.

Amanda glared at Autumn one last time before turning her eyes over to Kevin. She batted her eyelashes.

"Kevin, honey, you know I can make him feel good. I could make you feel good too." She batted her long lashes at him.

He ripped the card out of her hands and walked away.

"Do us all a favor, hon and leave before Aj finds out you're here."

As soon as Autumn's foot hit outside the door she breathed a sigh of relief. She hated confrontation and avoided it at all costs.

"Thanks Kevin, I don't know what I wouldn've done if I had to prove my point." She gave him a tight hug, showing him just how much she appreciated his help.

His touch lingered on the small of her back and she shuddered involuntarily.

"Hey guys, whats going on?" Brian pretended not to notice how Kevin looked at Autumn.

"Oh, Brian, whoever Amanda is, she just spent a whole lotta money on clothes with Aj's credit card." She sighed and got the card from Kevin.

"Im gonna go call him." She left and returned to her own room.

She breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she entered her own room.

"Alex? Yea, I got your card. Where are you at? Of course, I should've known, I'll be there in a minute."

Autumn quickly put her hair up in a messy bun (with a pen, no less.) and slipped on a pair of jeans and a tank. Flip flops completed the outfit.

The hustle and bustle of the mall on the weekend was outrageous. Quickly slipping inside, she scanned the food court. She sighed as noone seemed to pop out and scream "ALEX".

When someone encirled her waist with muscled tattooed arms, she fought the urge to scream.


"Shh babe, its just me." She felt lips brush her neck, which in her opinion, was VERYYY inappropriate. She tried to pull away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You have a girlfriend remember? Amanda, ? The one who had your credit card?" She slapped his hands away until they fell from her waist.

She turned around and watched his face fall.

"Yea, I'm not going to get into it, but nevertheless, here." She flicked his credit card out to him then walked away.

"Autumn, wait.." He grabbed her arm and spun her back around.

She had no time to react. Right there in the middle of the food court, in front of everyone, he kissed her. Not a peck on the lips, not a forehead smooch, but a full mouth on mouth passionate kiss.

She didn't know why, but she didnt feel like stopping him right away. His lips were so soft, he tasted like french fries, which didn't matter to her.

She opened her eyes, suddenly, and watched in horror as his arms slipped around the back of her head, to bring her closer.

"Get off of me! What the fuck is wrong with you?" She pushed him away.

"Do me a favor, next time you ask me for something, you better freaking make sure you want it. I'm not gonna get mixed into your affairs. As long as it doesn't go to press that is. Check your girlfriend next time you need something, don't come to me."

Alex watched her stalk off. He had her. Right there. He had her. He knew it, she knew it.. It was only a matter of time now.
Chapter 9 by Tati
Autumn looked down at the nameless tabloid with fury. There plastered all over the front cover (Not to mention on 3 other magazines.) was her and Alex, in the San Antone mall.

LOVERS QUARREL? IS THIS THE NEW AMANDA? Read more on Page 102.

BACKSTREET BOY AJ MCLEAN WAS CAUGHT SMOOCHING HIS NEW LOVE IN SAN ANTONIO MALL ON WEDNESDAY. AFTERWARDS...

LOOKS LIKE BACKSTREET BOY AJ MCLEAN HAS A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP....HE WAS CAUGHT IN THE SAN ANTONIO MALL....

WHO IS THIS MYSTERY GIRL WITH BACKSTREET BOY AJ MCLEAN? WHERES AMANDA?

She slammed the magazines down and glared at the guys sitting across the table from her.

""What the hell is going on?" She slammed the US weekly down in front of Alex. A very incriminating picture of herself and Alex was on the front page. They were in an embrace, obviously right before he kissed her. The corner picture showed him kissing her with smooth finesse, while her face was beet red and flabbergasted.

She watched Alex exchange a look with Kevin. A smug one. Confused she tapped her fingers on the table.

"So, does anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" She was suprised that fumes weren't coming out of every hole in her face. Thats how mad she was.

"I'm..um..sorry?" Alex managed to squeak out.

She glared at him and calmy stated. "You're going to fix this, because I didn't kiss you, you kissed me."

Kevin laughed. He couldn't help it. Alex was so desperate to win this bet, that he forced himself on her.

"This is not going to happen again Mr. Mclean, are we clear?" She glared at all of them.

"Crystal." He grinned sheepishly.

"Look man, J, I know shes beautiful, but you don't need to go and harass her." Howie giggled.

Autumn visibly shook herself out. Reporters would be following them even closer now to find out who she is...Once they do, all hell will break loose.

"Okay boys, listen up. We have a fan contest going. A major one. Whoever wins this one, will get to have dinner with you, plus spend some one-on-one time with you. All of you. " She grinned obviously happy with her contest.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do." Alex watched her silk burgundy behind leave the office.

"Yo, J, you aren't supposed to force yourself on her dude. I hope you know this doesn't count." Kevin smirked from across the seats.

"Ya'll both disgust me. ' Brian huffed and left the room.

Nick and Howie looked at each other and shrugged. They didn't know anything, what else was new?




Autumn slammed the door to her hotel room shut. Her phone, knowing her mood, rang persistently.

"Autumn, I'm outside your door, open up!"

She grumpily opened up her door and stopped dead in her tracks.

"BROOKE!!!!" She pounced on the older woman, sending them crashing to the floor.

"I saw the tabloids and I knew how you'd be feeling about this. I know you don't like them like that and how damaged your ego must be right about now." When Autumn gave her a glare, she giggled.

"Oh cmon, there has to be SOME reason why you don't like these guys. They make it very hard not to, so what gives?" Brooke walked past her into the suite and sat down invitingly in one of the chairs.

"What makes you think they did something? Can't I just not like them just because? Heck, I'm probably the only woman who doesn't want them." Autumn sighed and walked slowly into her room, kicking off her stilettos on the way to the bed.

She looked wearily to the friend beside her. Could she let out her darkest secret? She had barely known Brooke for 2 years. Was she about to throw caution to the wind and let it fall all on faith for another person?

She took a deep breath and sighed.

"Okay, fine, I'll let it all go. I'll give you the sorid details of my childhood. You really want to know why I don't like them? Well here goes."

Brooke's mouth gaped, realizing that this has never happened to Autumn before. She was the one that was always in control. Now she was giving up part of that control to tell her about the past. Her past. The one thing she never knew about. Until now.

"When the boys first came out, I was what..Lets see, I'm 26 now, that would be what? 7 years ago?. I was 19 then. I didn't like them from the get-go. In fact, I was anit-boyband. I did throw away their first cd, proving to my parents that I wasn't like all of the other girls my age. Every year, some distant relative would find it in their hearts to give me their lastest cds. Every year, I'd laugh and throw it in the trash when they weren't looking. My best friend then, Marissa, was a fanatic. I would put up with her because she was my friend and thats what friends did: put up with each other. She was only 17. Well, she would try and force feed me their music. It never worked. Then one day, she came to me, estatic. Now let me tell you something before we move on. I wasn't exactly model-thin. I still had baby fat in all the wrong places. Next to her 115 pound frame, was my 160 pound one. I was self concious and had never been kissed. Anyway, she came in , excited. When she finally told me the reason, I didn't have the heart to deny her. The Backstreet Boys. They were coming to town for their tour and she got tickets. She told me she couldn't think of a better person to take, even though I knew that was a lie."

She got up and got a bottle of liquor from the mini bar. "Want some?" When Brooke nodded her head no, she sat back down again, taking a small sip.


"In fact, their were lines of girls wanting my ticket. Marissa's parents being rich, she got front row ones, as well as hard to get backstage passes. Well, the time came for me to go, and against all of my instincts, I went. I later found out my purpose for going. But we'll get into that in a moment. I had never listened to a song before. Not one. I was the only one in the whole arena not singing along. Marissa looked awesome in her little short skirt and tight tube top ensemble. Me on the other hand, looked like hell warmed over. I had on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that covered my butt. My hair was put up in a messy ponytail and I had on the oldest sneakers I could find. As soon as Aj's voice hit that mic, I was entranced. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He had to of had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. This coming from someone who hated them up until that point was truley remarkable. We were front row-center. When I saw him and his moves, it made me wish I had dressed a little bit better. I almost cried when he did his solo gig, it was that breathtaking. Anyway, all the while I was looking at him, he was looking at Marissa. Who could miss her? She was beautiful. It was then that I realized I had become the one thing that I had hated: a teeny. I was jumping up and down, waving my arms, trying to get their attention so they would look at me. I didn't know their songs but I sung what I could." She took another swig of her bottle and grimaced. "When the concert was finally over, I was nervous, freaking nervous about meeting them. We were escorted backstage and told to wait. They didn't have much time to talk, so it was agreed that we come with them to their hotel and talk, under security supervision. That was okay with me and lets just say Marissa was about to faint. So they came in and I froze up. Aj was even more beautiful then I could of ever imagined. I wanted him to be my first-for everything. That was my silly dream. I managed to mumble a "hi.' He gives me that all-knowing look and hugs me. Which to me, was protocol. The other guys pretty much greet me the same way. Okay, so we go to the hotel and Nick invites us to his room to play video games. We do. Everyone is there, having a good time. When suddenly out of nowhere, Aj and Marissa start making out. In this weird haze I was in, I started to cry. She knew he was my favorite, she could see. Then, it all dawned on me. The truth came crashing down on me in waves and waves of pain. She wanted me to go with her because I wasn't attractive and she would have the better chance at scoring with one of them if I was there. They finally looked up from their lip locking fest and looked at me. She sneers. I will forever remember her comment. She told me "What you actually think he would kiss you? Look at you, you're disgusting. He doesn't go for fat people Bree. Right baby?" He nodded in agreement! I was so embarassed that they could see through me. She looked at me and knew that I knew my real reason for being here. But instead of going psycho, I just start to hate them. Which isn't fair for the rest of them, because they didn't do anything. They just looked on sypathetically. As tears started streaming down my face I looked to each guy. Kevin leaves the room, fighting back laughter. Brian rushes over to me and hands me some tissues, whispering soothing comments into my ear. Nick, poor Nick doesn't know how to feel, so he just shuts down and stares off into space. Howie glares at Aj and Marissa, who by then have already started making out again. Its not fair to hate the other guys because Aj was a bastard. But, how can I not, when not one person stood up for me? Or told him to shut up? I was stupid back then, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to make the same mistake twice. So, I ran from the room and got a cab to take me home. I haven't talked to Marissa since and I hear she later became Alex's girlfriend. All the better, it leaves the good guys to the nice chicks. So that is why, dear Brooke, I can't stand them. The only one that ever so much as showed me any kind of compassion was Brian. For that, I am forever grateful. As years went on, I lost the weight and maintained it. I also swore by the no-backstreet rule. I continued not liking them and people stopped pushing me, knowing I was a lost cause." She sighed as tears streamed down her cheeks in rememberance.

"I was at a very impressionable age back then. I wanted to be liked. Being the only person my age to have never been kissed. But that all changed when I lost weight. I know you probably think I'm weird for getting all worked up over this, but like I said, I was devestated. The one person I acutally could see myself with shunned me. So completely just because of my weight. "

Brooke looked on with sad eyes as she blew her nose. "I don't think you're weird at all. In fact, that was horrendous. Im sorry that had to happen to you. Everyone puts these guys on such pedestals, its kinda hard to hear about anything different. When in fact, they are all just normal guys with normal, shallow tastes. " Brooke hugged Autumn tight, trying to soothe the pain of past betrayal.


Aj stopped dead in his tracks when he heard crying. He didn't mean to snoop, but..okay, he did. "...When suddenly out of nowhere, Aj and Marissa start making out..." Alex stopped his hand from going to the door. He was about to open it but stopped at Marissa's name. "....She told me "What you actually think he would kiss you? Look at you, you're disgusting. He doesnt go for fat people Bree. Right baby?"...Alex couldn't believe his ears as the familar tale came back to haunt him.

His feet were glued to the floor and his eyes were as wide as saucers when he finished listening to Autumn aka Bree recount the story that he had long ago forgotten.

He gulped in rememberance as a tear slid down his cheek for her pain. Quickly wiping it away before anyone saw him, he turned and walked to his room, shutting the door.


Kevin looked on in disgust as Alex listened in on Autumn. He watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. With an eyebrow raised , he watched Alex visibily shake himself and go to his room. Confused, he stood by the door where Alex's feet had once been. All that could be heard were silent sobs with soothing words.


He was even more confused now more than ever.

Knocking on the door, he waited for someone to open it.
Chapter 10 by Tati
Autumn curled up into the fetal postion and buried her nose in the pillow. She hated retelling the story, thats why she never did. Besides Marissa, Brooke was the only one that knows. She sighed and put her earphones in, drowning out her sorrows with Jason Wade's beautiful voice.

Brooke looked up sadly from Autumn's position and sighed when the door ringed. Walking briskly over to it, as to not disturb her roommate, she opened the door up. Her eyes widened as Kevin's green eyes bore into hers.

"Caaann I help you?" He gave an arrogant grin at her squeak then loooked past her to Autumn on the bed.

"No sugar, I just need to speak with Autumn" He grinned sexily.

Brooke narrowed her eyebrows and put her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry, Kev, but Autumn is asleep right now and doesn't need the disturbance. If you'd like then I'll write a message down for you. I'll even put it in her hands myself. " She wasn't about to be nice to him after the way he treated Autumn. Granted, it wasn't all Kev's fault, but he laughed. You don't laugh at other peoples pain.

"This wont' take but a minute of her time, babe." He tried to squeeze past her and the door, but she kept her foot firmly locked against it.

"Shes asleep and doesn't want to be disturbed. If you dont' mind, I think I'll do the same. Good night." When she tried to push the door closed, Kevin grabbed her hand gently. After kissing her knuckles, he slid past her unmoving form.


Autumn snuggled into the warm form that now engulfed her. She didn't care who it was, but it made her feel better. Made her comfortable. She was sure this was some kind of dream. It had to be. Sighing contently, she nuzzled the forms chest. Before dozing off, she molded her body to him.


Kevin wrapped his arms around her waist. Brooke left in a huff, knowing it was a lost cause. He inhaled her scent. Tears mixed with vanilla and roses.



Alex looked at his hands. They were shaking. He put his head in his hands and sobbed. What was wrong with him? He tried endlessly to forget that night. Her eyes, her eyes.He remembered again...against his will.

He looked at Marissa from ontop the stage. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, she was beautiful. She wore what she said she was going to. A halter top and a mini skirt. Her makeup was done dramatically.
He laughed pathetically when he realized that she looked exactly like the many whores hes had. Beautiful, skimpy clothing, fall into his hands with a look.He looked at her appreciatevely, not even noticing the person with her. He had met her last summer on aim. her nickname was musicislove, his musicislife. Needless to say when he saw her in a chatroom, he had to talk to her. He found out later that it was a she. He never revealed his identity. Never.

musicislife: hey, how ya doin?
musicislove: good, yourself? whos this?
musicislife: just an admirer.
musicislove: oh really? hah.
musicislife: Defintley. gtg.
musicislife has signed off.

They talked for weeks. He told her everything he was, while she talked about her current obession; the backstreet boys. He grinned and bared it because she was beautiful. Looks were everything to him. He wouldn't be caught dead with anyone other that a beauty. She told him that her favorite was carter. She told him her elaborate plan and how she was going to the concert in a few weeks. She then told him how she'd get someone shes known for awhile to go with her.
A decoy, you could say. He wiped away tears as he realized that he pulled off the perfect deception. She explained how when they went to the concert, her friend, who'd be a little on the heavy side would go unnoticed, while she got what she wanted most; inside carters pants. He laughed at her elaborate plan. He chose until this moment to go ahead and reveal his identiy. When he did, she freaked out.. He had her, he knew it.

musicislove: So what are you trying to say Alexander?
musicislife: That I'm a backstreet boy baby. I sleep and eat alongside your precious carter everyday.
musicislove: NUHUH. I don't believe you. Sure you are.
musicislife: I am.
musicislove: Oh really? Then Mr. BigshotMclean, get me some backstage passes. I'll be wearing a halter and skirt, in the front row center. See ya there.
musicislife: Whats your addy?

He gave it to her. He gave her the backstage passes. He would have given her anything. If only she'd asked. When the concert came, all eyes were on her. She was more beautiful in person than in pictures. If only he would have looked at her companion, he would have seen all she had to give. He would see her eyes, her eyes which held so much for him. But he didn't, but he didn't..
He went to the mini bar and got a mini Jack. He downed the whole thing in a matter of seconds, getting another out.. As agreed, he took them to their hotel. It was by chance that they ended up in Carters room. He wanted her all to himself. He branded her as his. He was so entranced, that as soon as they were out of cameras eyes, he had to kiss her. Had too. It was either kiss her or perish. He was so entranced, that he didn't hear the sobs. Didn't see anyone else but her.

"Yo, j, get a room." Nick joked and shoved his elbow into his side. His eyes were snatched away from Nicks figure as he heard the sob. She was crumpled. In a heap upon herself. By Marissa's harsh words, he knew she was Bree. She looked up and glared at Marissa then, who was by now laughing. His eyes locked onto hers, and he was once agian, entranced. The water that was freely falling out of her green eyes confused him. IT was then that he realized how beautiful she really was. Sure, she was a bit on the pudgy side, but her face..her face...was the most beautiful thing hes ever seen. Marissa's was nothing compared to hers. Where Marissa's cheekbones were bony and thin, hers were defined, well rounded. Marissa's boring blues looked like a blue crayola compared to her jade green ones. Marissa's lips were thin, too thin. Hers were round, plump, beggin to be kissed. They had a pout. He grinned at himself appreicatively.

"Right baby?" Marissa's voice rang through his ears. He just grinned. The sobs got louder and he watched as Brian handed her a tissue. Everyone was glaring at him. When she finally left, Brian turned to him and stated simply.

"You're an ass. I can't believe you would do that to someone as sweet as her. While you were sucking face with your whore, I actually got to talk to her. Shes the sweetest person I've ever met, heck, if I weren't in a relationship, I'd be falling for her. You know what? Shes better than you. I hope you one day find someone like her. No wait, scratch that you dont' deserve her. All you deserve is that whore beside you. Don't be suprised in the long run, when you're looking for love j, if you come up short." Hes never seen Brian so mad.


Those words have been imprinted in his mind ever since that day. He couldn't get his face, or her eyes out of his mind. Thats the last thing he saw every night while he shut his eyes, and his voice was the first he heard every morning while waking up.

When he finally asked Marissa to be his, he was full of pride. This carter lover, turned into an Aj lover. Man, he was good. He thought nothing of the stuff she asked of him. He bought her a car, thousands in clothes, jewelry. IT didn't matter. He'd do anything to keep her, his. It took Howie to finally make him see that she was using him. He forever thanked Howie for that.


His tears flowed freely as he remembered the sobs from earlier. Heck, he had to be up in a few hours. He downed another mini-bottle of Jack, until he was all out. Going to his suitcase he got out the papa Jack and downed a shot. Putting it on his bedside table, he buried his face in his pillow and cried himself to sleep.


Autumn yawned loudly and rolled on her side. Opening her eyes, she screamed and pulled the covers up to her chin.

"KEVIN, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? Oh my ...we didn't? Please say no...I think I'm gonna be sick." She looked at him seriously. He laughed. He always laughed.

"Whats so funny?" He laughed again.

"No baby, we didn't, but if you'd like to..." he thrust his pelvis in the air, wiggling his hip bones.

" Get the hell out of here Kevin. I don't want or need you to rescue me okay? So stop trying to be my knight in shining armor. So not going to happen." She dismissed him like an old banana peel and got up heading for the bathroom. She closed the door behind her.

He looked on confused. Why didn't she want him? Dammit, Aj always made it look so easy! What'd he always say? Woo her, then shoo her? No...that wasn't right..Woo her, moo her...shoo her...What was it!? Woo her, smooch her, shoo her? Oh hell. He grinned evily. Woo her he would. One way or another she would be his. She would be sooo into him that he'd win this bet for sure. He laughed and whistled all the way out the door.

Autumn hurridley pulled on a pair of black curdoroys, a tank, and her black etnies. Brushing her hair out quickly, she headed for the meeting room. Which, unfortunately, was Kevin's room. Why should she have to dress up to impress THEM? She hated wearing nylons and more often than not they would be wearing next to nothing, just waking up themselves.

"Okay guys, the only thing I wanted to really touch on is the fan contest, the winners will be with us in about 3 days." She looked around the room and frowned. "Wheres Alex?"

Brian sighed. "Hes passed out in his room. He had a late night obviously. I'll just go over this with him later, if thats okay." His eyes held such hurt. She wanted to hug him and rubbed her hands along her jeans to stop herself. She noticed the deep sorrow in all of their eyes as they talked about their bandmate. He looked at her apologetically.

"Oh, thats absolutely fine. The contest was based on three parts. The two fans that won, Andrea and Tammy, are going to be joining you for a lunch, and date with all five of you or their favorite boy. The first round, which is an easy one, was to be in the qualifing age. Since this is a date opprotunity, they had to be of age..so 18-25. The second round was composed of trivia. Our top three went onto the next round, which.." she stopped to laugh.." was to show their love for you in some artistic form. Andrea and Tammy won. Andrea, composed a song for her love of Alex, and Tammy..well, she made a collage..You'll just have to see it to understand. Nevertheless, their favorite is Alex. We'll know tomorrow or not if all of ya'll are going on the date with them or not." She played the tape of Andrea singing and saw the appreciation in the boys eyes. "Okay boys, thats all I wanted to tell you. The ones who aren't going on the date, are coming with me to party." She grinned and laughed as Brian grinned right back at her.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna go grab a bite to eat. Ya'll can go back to sleep until the interview at 3:30 from the arena. " She smiled warmly at them and walked out of the room.

Brian grinned and bolted out the door to Alex's.

Alex was up with his head propped on his hand, his eyes bloodshot and a cloud of smoke around him.

"Yo, J, how are you?" Brian sat on the bed beside him as Aj flipped idly through channels.

When he didn't answer, Brian continued talking. "Autumn told me to tell you that the contest winners might get to go on a date with you. Just depends, since both of them chose you as their favorite. She just wanted to let you know."

"I cried myself to sleep last night Brian. Do you wanna know why?" his eyes teared up as he thought about the events of the past day.

Brian just nodded his head in a silent nod, knowing he just needed to listen.

"You remember that girl Bri, Bree? The one that I hurt that one night? The one night that I wish I could take back?" He puffed on his cig, inhaling its soothing scent.

"Yes." Brian looked down and sighed.

"Well, I just realized a lot of things. First off..Bree is Autumn. Second, I'm an ass. I never realized how horrible I was to her until I heard her crying about it last night. My momma raised me better than that, Bri, I let her down." He put out his cig and turned to Brian, waiting for his response.

"Bree is Autumn? Seriously?" Brian's eyes widened.

Alex just nodded.
Chapter 11 by Tati
5 am

E.T.A. 7 hours till oblivion



Andrea sprang out of bed as soon as her alarm clock started to ring. She slammed her phone shut and ran over to Tammy's bed. She jumped on it, bouncing up and down.

"GET UP GET UP..WE ONLY HAVE 7 HOURS TO GET READY. GET UP. GET UP..WE GET TO SEE LOVELY AJ IN 7 HOURS." When her wake up call only got her a pillow over the face and covers pulled over, she sighed. Jumping a few more times she plopped down on the bed beside Tammy.

"Wake up Tammy, we have to go shopping. WE HAVE TO GO SHOPPING SOON TAMMY SO WE CAN GET READY." She turned on the lights and started dancing around getting ready to go to all the early morning sales.

Grabbing a hairbrush, she sang along.

"Am I sexual?"

"Something about the way you move caught my eye."

"Show me the meaning of being lonely."

"Just to be close to you, I'll go anywhere for you because I don't wanna lose you now."

She sang and started doing the electric slide.

"ALRIGHT IM UP..ARE YOU HAPPY?" Tammy rubbed her eyes and yawned. 5am? Yea right.

After they both got ready, they ran downstairs and hailed a cab. Suprisingly, at 7am, it was quite busy.

Yawning, Andrea rushed into the first clothing store she could find: Express.

Expensive skimpy clothing wasn't either of their style, so they moved on.

Tammy stopped and stared at a gorgeous skirt.

"Yo, Andie, look at this skirt. Andie..Andie?" She looked around and found Andrea looking at a skirt in a window across the store from hers. She laughed and tugged on the hem of her shirt.

"Cmon, we'll get both of em." They could wear em' to dinner anyway. Formal/classy right?

After purchasing the first half of their 2 dates, they went into another store...

There, they bought 4 shirts, 2 more skirts and some accessories. Not to mention some dresses for the big date.

Lugging around 2 bags per arm, they stopped for a breather when a glint of something caught Andrea's eye.

"Hey, Tam, that guy is looking at us." She blinked and tried not to look, but to her horror, she just couldn't seem to stop staring at him.

"Oh, no, its nothing, C'mon, we still need some shoes." Tammy pulled her into the nearest shop.

"Do you know who that was? It was Aj. " She fanned herself with her receipt.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I saw his arms. I would know those arms anywhere." Both girls turned around to pursue their dream, but like that of a dream, he had vanished.


10 am

ETA 2 hours and counting until oblivion

Andrea and Tammy got changed in separate rooms. Had to have whole grand entrance thing, ya know. They were to dress casual and comfortable for the first part of this beautiful day.

Tammy opened the bathroom door and shivered when a chill hit her. She pranced out, grinning from ear to ear, a trail of steam behind her.

Andrea grinned at Tammy's casual ensemble: A pair of blue vintage jeans with a hole in the right knee. It also had a tear mark on the left thigh and on both back pockets. The tear was just so you could notice it was so, but not enough to actually show anything. She wore a pale tan crocheted shirt, witha brown undershirt underneath. The sandals that adorned her feet were an off-white slip on, rounded at the top for maximal comfort. (See the shirt here, its cute.

"Oooh, nice.." Andrea giggled as she stood and turned in a full 360, slowly.

Tammy grinned at Andrea's cutesy outfit: Her all camo look was adorable. Tight capri camos (The scrunched up look.), a faded camo tee that had a picture of a heart with wings on it (The scratched look.) and some black high tops, with camo splotches on them.. Her hair was in pigtail braids.

"HEHE, THATS SO CUTE." The two friends hugged each other and jumped with a start when there was a knock on the hotel door.

Recognizing the limo driver with Autumn, they both grew excited.

12:00 p.m.

Oblivion


The girls smiled at each other as they calmly looked around the room where their idols would soon be. Tammy leaned against the arm of the chair and Andrea sat in a nearby couch in a seculeded room in a distant hotel somewhere.

Laughing could be heard from outside the door before it burst open.

"Yea, yea dude, like..." Aj looked up from Nick and grinned.

"Hello ladies." He did a quick manuever with his face to where his sunglasses slid down his nose so his eyes could focus more on the two ladies before him. (Ya know what I'm talking about girls.)

Suprisingly, both girls were calm. "Hello AJ" They said in unsion.

"Helloooooooo.." Nick laughed at the girls expressions: priceless.

The door banged open and Brian danced in.

"Okay okay girls, you can scream now, cause...the..main..man..is here.!" He strutted around.

Tammy couldn't help but laugh. She's always loved Brian.

Andrea started dancing all around the room too. She was just too excited she couldn't help it.

Noone noticed when Howie and Kevin entered, everyone was dancing.

"Ehm...guys?...."

"...Guys?"

"...GUYS..." Kevin had to yell to get the guys to look at him.

"Oh hello ladies, its soo nice to see you here." Howie greeted each with a soft handshake and smile.


After introductions, they were off to the local bowling alley.

"YOU CHEATED." Nick whined to Tammy as he pouted in the back of the white stalker type van.

Aj and Andrea just laughed. Poor pouty Nick.

"Boo hoo, Nick, Boo hoo." She couldn't help but say that to him, since he sucked at bowling.



4:30 p.m.

ETA 30 minutes until Aj sexiness

Andrea finished applying her light makeup and twirled in the mirror. They were going to a fancy italiangerman resteraunt, so they needed to look nice. Casualclassy. She wore a deep plum dress that brought out the tones of her skin. It was short. Too short for her comfort, but it looked marvelous on her. (I love this dress! . On her feet were a pair of simple pumps, the same beautiful plum color, with a few sparkles here and there. No panty hose were needed, just lotion.


Tammy smiled at her ensemble. She loved this skirt, fell in love with it at first window shop. It was beautiful. That was the only word for it. (I wish I had this skirt. . She wore a lace trimmed velvet cami for the shirt. She loved mules, so, on her feet were a pair of embroidered black mules.


The girls hugged each other before setting off on the date that would change their lives forever.


Aj's breath caught as he watched the beautiful girls walking towards him. His heart lurched and he scolded himself. He had someone. Sarah? Amanda? What was her name? He bowed his head ashamed, before looking back up and greeting the girls he'd gotten to know all day warmly.

"Hello ladies, you're looking beautiful tonight." He hugged them warmly and pulled out a chair for each of them.

Andrea was in heaven. She watched Aj, laughed at all of his jokes and told him about herself, what she did.

Tammy grinned and cleared her throat nervously. She too, had shared her life story, asking him quesitons she already knew the answer too. There really wasn't a question that hasn't been asked before.

After dinner, Aj (and a few bodyguards) escorted Tammy and Andrea outside. As if by magic, a horse-drawn carrige pulled up, making the night even more perfect.

Aj pulled two roses from behind his back to give to each of the ladies.

As part of the winnings, he was supposed to pick out a present for each of them so they could remember this day forever.

"Alright ladies , I had fun, the most I've had in awhile. I have a gift for each of you, hopefully you'll like it." He chewed on his bottom lip nervously as he produced two neatly wrapped boxes.

"Andrea.." he handed her a box with dark red wrapping, metallic piping and hearts throughout the paper. A envelope was attached to the top, her name scrawled in Aj's handwriting.

"Tammy.." he produced a box with dark blue wrapping, metallic piping and stars throughout the paper. An envelope was attached to this one as well.

The girls loooked nervously at the packaging before delicatley tearing into wrapping.

They both gasped simotaneously.

Tears streaked down Andrea's cheeks as she looked at the priceless gift before her: A big square piece of crystal. In the middle, etched into the glass was a picture, a picture of herself laughing, Brian, Nick, and Alex all dancing around and having a blast. In the background you can see Howie and Kevin's irritated yet amused expressions. She fingered the glass tenderly and looked back up at Alex.

"Thank you, I'll cherish this forever." She leaned over the seat and gave him a hug, while he kissed her on her cheek.

Tammy's breath caught as she stared down at the same huge square piece of crystal. Etched within its beautiful surface was another different picture. This one was at the bowling alley, right after she got a strike. Nick wore a pouty expression because this was the strike that won her the game. Kevin was behind him, patting him on the back laughing hysterically because Nick was such a poor sport. Aj, Brian and Howie were posing just behind them making hilarious faces. Brian had this chimpunk grin, the one she loved, howie winked, and Alex, gave the biggest smile shes ever seen ,for her. It was beautiful. It was also hilarious because they posed like the charlies angels. Before she knew it, tears trickled down and pinged softly on the glass.

"Thank you Alex, I'll never forget this day." She hugged him hard and sniffled, not wanting this day to end.

Alex hugged back, fully understanding everything. This meant the world to them. Well, it meant the world to him , too.

"We have made double copies of all of the pictures from today. Don't worry ladies, they're already in your hotel room."

The carrige stopped in front of their hotel and Alex got out with a flourish, helping the ladies down. He bowed.

"Until we meet again, ladies." Like that, he was gone. They watched the shiny black car containing him turn the corner.

Once the girls were up in their rooms, they undressed quickly and opened the envelopes.

New tears were shed as they realized Alex had wrote them both a letter and poem.
Chapter 12 by Tati
Autumn gritted her teeth as once again, Alex's hand brushed against her waist. He was trying to be subtle, but not pushy.They'd been at this photoshoot all day and every chance he got, he touched her somehow. Raking fingers through her hair, touching her arm, her waist. Once again, she tried to shrug out of his touch but his fingers stayed glued to her waist like a lost lifeline. She whipped her head around and stared at him.

"Please remove your hand from my body and keep it away from my personal space." See? She could be nice.

Kevin laughed inwardly at Alex's sad attempt to touch her soft skin. He walked up confidently and circled his arm around her waist.

"Just tell him to go away Autumn. He'll learn soon enough." He grinned smugly at him and the other man glared in return.

"Why don't you BOTH go away and stop acting like I have ' Property of Alex or Kevin' stamped across my forehead, hm?" She yanked out of Kevin's grasp angrily and stepped away from the water fountain.

Alex couldn't help it, he grinned smugly at the older man's attempt at wooing.

Autumn looked at them both disgusted.

"Stop acting like I'll fall over you if you exert effort. k? Its not going to happen. Ever. " She glared at them angriliy, turning on her heel and heading back outside to the waiting tourbus.

They were in some old hick town, on the outskirts of New Mexico. There were tumbleweeds blowing across the large expanse of road. Honest. At least it worked with the photos, which they got a lot of. She needed a good drink, thats what she needed.

"Hey chick, those photos look great, what magazine are they for?" Brooke bounced happily in her seat on the tourbus, where she'd been for the past hour. Shes been on the tour now for a few days, invited personally by Nick, his intentions unknown.

"Honestly, its for their promotion. GQ is going to use some shots for next months cover. But the orginal shots are going towards new posters, a calendar and some kind of postcard." She rubbed her eyes wearily and leaned back in the seat.

Brooke watched Autumn closely. Her movements were jumpy and tired like. She watched her take a deep breath, push her fingers against her eyes and yawn. Looks like she was running herself ragged with work.

"So how long have ya'll been traveling? When was the last time you stayed in a hotel?"

Autumn opened her eyes a sliver and sighed. " Today alone we've traveled for about 3 hours. We've been at this photoshoot a total of five, and then we are about to travel for four more hours to the next city, where we will fall into bed and then get up again at the butt crack of dawn." Her voice held a hint of irritation.

"Why don't we go--"

"--Autumn, I have a problem, could you come here a sec?" Kevin poked his head in the tourbus door. He obviously had no problem interrupting.

Feeling as if her feet were lead, she managed to propell her body upward and stalk towards the door.

"I'll be right back B, " Brooke couldn't miss the tiredness in her eyes. She mouthed "sorry." on her way out.

A very annoyed blonde stood with her arms crossed under her chest.

"Tell her Kevin, or I will." She put her hands to her hips and glared down at her.

Kevin chewed on his bottom lip, looking from Autumn to the blonde repeatedly.

"DID YOU SLEEP WITH HIM?" She burst out suddenly, tightening her fists into balls.

Autumn looked around confused, blinking.

"Uh, no...Now what is so important?" Angirly, she looked at Kevin, waiting for an explination.

"Im pregnant." She said trimuphantly, grabbing Kevin's hand harshly and bringing him to her side.

"Kevin?" that one word asked so many questions.

"I have no idea how this could've happened. It was just one night..one night. Her name is Karla. Please, you have to fix this Autumn.." He looked at her with desperate eyes, a drowning man on the verge of succumbing with sorrow.

"Uh, Karla, is it? Come with me. We'll go to a doctor and get a paternal test. Hope you don't mind honeycheeks." she grinned and led the girl to a separate car. Karla's eyes lost some of the fire and her face paled.

After pushing her inside and giving the driver some instructions, she walked back up to Kevin.

'Ricki, you got some splainin' to do. But not right now, I got a headache the size of Texas." He watched her behind disappear into the tourbus.



He looked down at his hands, which were shaking and ran them through his hair to try and calm down. Picking up his pen, he looked down at the blank page and started to write..


I watch the proverbial sunrise
Coming up over the Pacific and
You might think I’m losing my mind
But I will shy away from the specifics
'Cause I don’t want you to know where I am
'Cause then you’ll see my heart in the saddest state it’s ever been
This is no place to try and live my life

Sighing, he folded up the paper and stuck it in his bag, where noone would ever see it.


Autumn yawned and looked down at the blank piece of paper....

I can't hold on aymore, I cant.. I wont
this feeling is growing inside me, I wish it wasn't so
Say it isn't so...
Please let it go
away..

She hadn't written anything in awhile, okay, since she was 14. Crumbling up the paper, she stuffed it in her purse .



She downed another shot, letting her body take over. It swayed with the music, the hips moving suggestively, her body lost in the music's hypnotic beat.

"Hey baby.." his lips brushed her earlobe, sending tingles down her body. He grabbed her by the waist and brought her out to the dance floor.

They dance like old lovers. Their bodies told the crowd what their mouths couldn't. Skillfully and with grace, they held every eye in the room. It wasn't 'bumping and grinding' with them, but a symphony their bodies were conducting, one that only they knew.

He whispered in her ear, his breath hot on her neck, invinting. "Lets go somewhere else..." That one word held such heat, her legs turned to jelly as she clingled to him.

To others, it looked as if she skillfully slid down his body, clinging suggestively to his torso. Only he knew the truth and it made him grin.

She looked deep into his eyes, more certain than shes ever been in her life. He offered his hand, his love, his bed, his life. She accepted it. All of it.

"Yes." she purred it.

Goosebumps prickled all over his skin as he led the way out of the nightclub.


Autumn yawned drowsily and stretched like her inner cat knew she would. Startled at the sudden lump next to her, she began to prod it lazily with her fingers.
She looked beside her questioningly and gasped.Why was he staring at her like that? She gulped in as much air as she could. She loved his eyes staring at her.. His touch was soo soft, intimate, beautiful. She closed her eyes as she remembered his lingering touch on her body that was wrong in every way, but felt so right.

She opened her eyes and grinned as he entered her vision.
Chapter 13 by Tati
Autumn sashayed up to the desk. She knew all eyes were on her and she loved it. She dileberately wore this outfit. It was a promise made wayy before this meeting. To turn him on..


"Hey baby." His beautiful eyes rose up to meet hers. She grinned and yawned, stretching once more , saited.

"Yes??" She trailed her fingers down his naked torso, noticing how goosebumps popped up along the way.

"Do me a favor, will ya?" He closed his eyes for a moment, when certain pleasure became too much.

"Sure..." She beamed up at him as she realized his breathing had changed. She couldn't help it, she loved touching him.

"Will ya let me dress you today?" He loved dressing women. Especially Autumn, who was as erotic as they got.

She didn't know what she was getting herself into then, but she did now. The funny thing is, she still wouldn't change her answer. Seeing all of the guys expressions was enough.

The tight jade green skirt was short enough, that when she crossed her legs, or leaned over, you could see her forest green garter belt. She wore a dark green top, that cut low to show her ample bosom. If she bent over, a jade green lace bra could be seen. Dark green stiletto pumps ended at her feet. Oh yes, she wore the fishnets.

Her hair cascaded down to her waist, making it look like a gentle tide came in everytime she moved. She wore a sheer lipgloss on her lips, mascara and a little blush.

She smiled at all of the guys and licked her cherry-glossed lips gingerly. She laughed inwardly as she noticed all of the guys stare at her lips and shift uncomfortably.

"So guys, I wanted to go over a few things with you." She sat on the table, as she always did and crossed her legs. This time, however, all eyes, were definitley on her. She grinned at their appreciated stares.

She began to tell them all about the next month or so. How the tour ended in exactly 5 weeks. The many luncheons, radio interviews and magazine covers they still had to do.
When everything was explained, they had a years worth of stuff crammed into 5 weeks. She laughed heartily at the expressions on their faces. This was going to be one hell of a ride.

His beautiful blues watched her from afar. She wore the outfit he picked out for her, and boy, was it ever turning him on. He shifted in his seat restlessly and glared at anyone who would so much as glance his way. She was his, and thats how it should be. His fingers raked nervously on the polished oak table. She knew he waited. It wasn't nice to keep him waiting. When she was finally done talking, he grabbed her by the waist and fled out the door. He didn't care what it looked like. He needed her, now.

"Nick, what's the matter with you?" Autumn wriggled free of his grasp.

"I just though-t-t-t-...we could be together..." His eyes looked so lost. His mind was frozen in a circle of pure pleasure.

Her eyes softened and she held out her arms.

"We had fun, you and me, didn't we?" her eyes twinkled in rememberance.

"Yes...." He didn't know where this was heading, but he didn't like it.

"Me and you, as a couple, don't feel right." She trailed her hand down his arm.

"How can you say that? What about last night?" He sounded angry.

Her eyes looked on sadly at the rough look in his appearance.

"Last night....wasn't supposed to happen." She frowned and walked out the door, leaving those as her parting words. She had always been a coward when it came to other peoples pain.

She knew it was wrong, her being the boss and him the subordinate. She wasn't drunk, high, or delusional. She did it anyway because of the look of admiration on his face. Plus, this was all part of the game. To a certain extent. It never included sleeping with anyone, but.....why couldn't she up the anny?

One down, four to go.


Kevin puffed out his chest and cleared his throat, while trying again..

"Autumn, I was wondering if we could go grab a bite to eat?....No, no, thats all wrong." he shook his head in disgust.

"Whatcha practicing for man? Rejection? " Alex laughed at Kevin's attempt.



She sat reading in her room, on one of their only days off and yet, she wasn't relaxed, but bored.

Getting up, Autumn set her book down and put her key in her pocket, leaving the room to wander the halls.

Nick's room was out of the question. She eyed the other rooms warily. Finally walking up to a door, she knocked.

"Shh...I think someones at the door." Alex smacked Kevin on the head when he wouldn't shut up and looked out the peephole. He smiled...


"Brian." Autumn grinned and sighed when she noticed he wasn't alone.

"Hey Autumn, whats up? Is there a meeting or something I didn't know about?" He joked, but she was still aggrivated all the same.

"No, I'm just bored. But I see your busy, so I'll see you tomorrow at the concert, k?" She turned away quickly before he could see her cheeks redden.

Brian shrugged and looked at Nick, who shrugged as well.


"Room Service!!" Alex bounced up and down excitedly while opening the door with a flourish. The bellboy rolled in the cart and left.

"Alex, when did you order room service?" Kevin only noticed one silver covered platter on the table, he sighed.

"While you were too busy speaking to the mirror. " He ignored the older man and started to dig into his food.

Kevin watched Alex as he gobbled down the food. He closed the door behind him and turned around, colliding into someone.

"Ow." Autumn rubbed her head as she fell butt first onto the ground.

"Oh, sorry." He held his hand out and smiled as she took it and smiled warmly in return.

"Hey Kev, lets go, you're going to entertain me today." She kept her hand in his and rushed to the elevator.

Kevin could barely hold back his grin.

After dogding a few fans and alerting security, they were on their way. Autumnn's hand had left his, but the warmth was still there.

Autumn clapped excitedly as they exited the car and dashed inside an unknown store.

"Cmon, hurry."

Kevin stopped and looked at his surroundings. This appeared to be a photo-taking store, but he couldn't be sure. Old fashioned clothes of every period were scattered on hangers, backed up against a wall. Props of all kinds flooded the ground, making it seem uninviting, messy.

"Sorry 'bout the mess, we just moved our location to this building. What can I do for you today?"

He looked down at the girls nametag and smiled. "Mandi is it? I was wondering..---"

"Oh hush Kevin, We'd like to take pictures!!" Autumn bounced up and down excitedly. Kevin couldn't help but grin at her enthusiasm. This has been the most hes ever seen her relaxed.


Three costume changes and a half an hour later, they came out of the dressing rooms. They got three scenes, from their choice of these eras: Renissance, western, medieval, modern (in the 1920's), modern (In the 1900's) (They also had clothes from every time period up to the seventies.) They also had extravagent ball gowns from a Cinderella inspired theme.

Autumn chose first, and of course, she chose the Cinderalla inspired theme. She laughed as Kevin walked out in tights and black shirt ensemble. But DAMM did he ever look good. Light slippers encased his feet. Well, this kind of looked like Cinderalla meets Robin hood, but it would work.

Kevin shifted uncomfortably in his suit. Looking up, he could hardley complain when she looked at him like that. She looked gorgeous. She wore a whitered ball gown. It was strapless and the white blended in with the red perfectly. Shoes werent needed since you couldn't see her feet. It wasn't extravagent, but simple, which fit her to a tee.

They posed for a couple of serious poses, then a couple of silly ones. Kevin laid on the floor with Autumn above him. He was underneath her skirt but all you could see was his legs and his head. Autumn posed with a confused expression on her face, wondering where he went.

They also tried the seventies era, as well as the western (Kev's idea) era.

In one of the seventies pictures, a dance floor background (Think Dirty Dancing.) along with a disco ball decorated the stage. She wore a saucy red dress, he a white tuxedo with platform shoes. In this one particular pose, her legs were around his waist, hands thrown up in the air. His hands held her waist securely, while he looked at the camera with a pleasedsatisfiedquizical expression (think chicago promotion poster.).

After spending two hours at the photoshop and a promise from the over excited Mandi, they were assured that their proofs would be ready by tomorrow.

Then, thats when she felt it right then. When he looked into her eyes with a laugh that just left his voice and another soon to bubble up. When she twirled on the sidewalk and he caught her, affection etched into his gaze. She knew it then, but she wished she didn't. As her heart fluttered and she got those familiar warm fuzzies she wish she didn't have, she averted her eyes, hoping he wouldn't notice.

Oh, but he did and he smiled evily inside.
Chapter 14 by Tati
His eyes twitched. He cleared his throat nervously as he tried once again to come up with a plan. Any plan. She would be his. It was fact. Just a matter of time now before the inevitable happened. He grinned with menace in his eyes as he realized the perfect plan. He fought the urge to do a evil cackle. That would be too cheesy.

She's already yours, just take her for yourself. Shes defenseless against you.
his other side peeked out, without warning.

No, she has to come to me, willingly. Thats all in the game. I can't cheat, or Aj will have my hide.
He argued passionately.

But you'll never win without a little help. I'll help you. You'll certainly win then. Aj won't stand a chance.
His other self cooed, tempting him to his very core.

But, what about....Karla? Emma? Libby? Kristin?
He pleaded for it to stop, but he was too weak to argue with his worst enemy, himself.

All are taken care of except Kristin, I'm gonna leave that to you. You know what must be done.
And like that, he was gone, from his mind. Leaving him in utter despair. He knew what must be done.




Stop right there, That’s exactly where I lost it
See that line?, Well I never should have crossed it
Stop right there, Well I never should have said that
It’s the very moment that I wish that I could take back


I’m sorry for the person I became
I’m sorry that it took so long for me to change
I’m ready to be sure I never become that way again
'Cause who I am hates who I’ve been
Who I am hates who I’ve been


The paper had clearly been folded numerous times, in all different directions as the weeks progressed. He just couldn't get this idea out of his head, so he jotted down a few more lines before refolding the now precious piece of paper.

I talked to absolutely no one
Couldn’t keep to myself enough and the things
Bottled inside had finally begun to create so much pressure that I’d soon blow up and
I heard the reverberating footsteps
Syncing up to the beating of my heart
And I was positive that unless I got myself together
I would watch me fall apart

He placed the paper in his wallet, keeping it safe from everyone but himself.




She danced merrily, on the edge of happiness, but not quite obtaining it. What had happened? What had changed? She was content at the state of mind she was at, but she urged for more. Boy, would she ever get it. She went ahead and smiled sexily at her dancing partner. He really was a little rusty on moves, but with abs like that, why did it matter?

"Kevin.." she breathed his name, undetectable to noone but herself. Sweat started dripping off her brow, but she ignored it. Later, she welcomed the pain of tired muscles that were overworked. This was for the good of the band, afterall. She gulped nervously as he inched closer, oblvious to her inner turmoil.

"Autumn, you're doing great. I never thought that you would learn soo quickly. I sincerely apologize for making you become my dance partner. But with Libby quitting on us, we had no time to hire anyone else. This is only for 5 weeks, you'll get used to it, I promise." he dipped her dramatically, sliding his hand up the bare flesh at her side.

The breath wooshed out of her lungs as his hands came into contact with her sensitive flesh. Finishing the move, she jumped over his leaning body and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind, part of her body visible from the invisible audience. Her lungs burned for air , on fire. Thats when she realized that she had been holding her breath, antcipating his next touch.

In one fire burning rush, air filled her lungs and she coughed. If he wasn't holding her, she would have dropped straight to the floor.

"Are you okay?" concern etched his chiseled features.

"Yess...." she wheezed the word, coughing some more until her throat felt raw. Looking around frantically, she found the precious water bottle she sought. She guzzled most of it down and turned around, sheepishly.

"Are we done for the day?" she could barely keep her cheeks from reddening. Hiding herself, she turned away from him.

"Yes, we're done, go hit the showers." she scampered away hurredly, not noticing the eyes watching her every move.


Autumn sighed nervously at what she was about to do. Knocking impatiently, she waited for an answer.

She wasn't prepared for the sight she saw.

"Brooke?" Her heart shattered into a million pieces and she tried to gulp down more air, but it seemed that it was all used up.

"Oh, its just you Autumn." she turned her head casually, like nothing was wrong and talked to the person behind her. "I'll be back in a second babe."

She heard Kevin purr from inside. "Alright honey, but hurry up, will ya??" . Then the door closed and he was out of her view. How did he get here so fast? She didn't take THAT long to shower, did she?

"Brooke, what are you doing?" She didn't want to be the first to break the tension, but someone had too. Brooke was just giving her a rude stare.

"I only have one word to say to you...Paybacks a bitch!" She opened the door quickly and slammed it behind her.

Autumn didn't stay around to hear the sounds she knew were coming. She ran as fast as she could towards her room. There wasn't enough time for tears to fall over her heart beating frantically and shattering in under a minute. She collapsed onto the floor as soon as the door closed.

She didn't notice the person in the room with her, or the arms that soon came around her a few seconds later. She nuzzled into him and inhaled his scent. She vowed to thank him later. Aj was always so sweet to her. So why was her heart breaking for the lost chance at kevin?

Soon, she fell into a tear induced sleep, content in the arms of her savior on the floor of her room.
Chapter 15 by Tati
It just made no sense. Brooke? How could she...When did she...? Autumn replayed the images in her mind. Kevin's Sexy body only covered by a sheet laying on the bed....Brooke's barley clothed back receeding into the room.

When had everything changed?


8 years ago, John Denn High School, Graduation Day.


Brooke jumped up and down excitedly as her boyfriend of two years, Bobby hugged her around the waist.

"Can you believe it? We finally graduated!!!!" Her smile was big as she kissed him on the lips.

"Yes, it is awesome babe." He said half-heartedly, his attention focusing on Autumn, who was a mere 10 feet away, hugging her parents. Her short black metallic skirt showed off her wonderful legs. Her beautiful chest was showed off by a tight fitting lowcut blue top. She wore the most beautiful blue metallic sandals. But he wasn't into fashion, not really. He was staring at her beautiful smile. The way it seemed to light up the room. In fact, he was soo focused on her, he barely reacted in time to kiss Brooke back. She looked at him and smiled widely, making his heart thump in his chest.

Brooke skipped and charged Autumn, they both laughed and hugged each other. What was in store for them in the future?

Brooke slipped away to hug her family.

Autumn yawned and headed to the ladies room. After using the facilities, she washed her hands, reapplied her lipstick that wore off, and played with her hair.

Opening the door, she saw Bobby leaning by the water fountain, staring at her intently.

"Hi Bobby! " She said cheerfully. "Have you seen Brooke? We're supposed to go get our nails done."

He didn't looked enthused as he mumbled a "no."

Autumn looked at him concerned as she looked around for Brooke, not spotting her. "Is everything alright.?"

He laughed a little. "Yes, everything's more than okay." His eyes looked hungrily over her, taking on an animalstic, predatory gaze.

In a move faster than she could catch, he pinned her up against the wall, kissing her fiercely. Moving his hand up and down her leg.

Autumn just stood there, as tears rolled down her face. "I want you bad baby, you look so good in this dress." He nibbled her ear lightly, as he pressed himself up against her. He tried pushing her back into the womans restroom, but Autumn planted her feet firmly on the ground until her whole body shook from the effort.

Her legs giving out, she got shoved into the small 2 stall bathroom. Her heart stopped beatting when she heard the solid click of the old wooden door lock.

Bobby groaned when he heard a stall door open. He should have planned this better.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the all to familiar back of his girlfriend, Brooke exiting the stall.

He leaned in closely to Autumn and whispered.

"You better play this off bitch, or everyone you ever loved will die. " He kissed her neck quickly putting his hands around her waist, putting her hands on his shoulders.

"Oh and sweetheart, Brooke will be the first."

Tears rolled down her cheeks silently as the complexity of her situation hit her. She let the tears dry on her face as she took a deep breath and hoped she wouldn't regret what she was about to do.

"Yea babe, that feels good. " She rubbed as little of herself on him as possible. From anothers view, it looked raunchy.

"Bobby?" She couldn't bare the emotion in her voice. She started shaking. Hopefully this would be convincing enough. She could feel her heart breaking in two, for hers was doing the same.

She kissed him full on the mouth, then turned around to rub herself against him as lightly as possible.

"Oh, Brooke, could you please give us a minute?" She could feel the coldness of her words, the monotone of her voice, but all the while her heart was breaking, her soul dying.

Brooke's throat clogged up, her heart stopped and tears sprang to her eyes as she saw Bobby and Autumn in a liplock.

"Geez Autumn, I don't want you like that, stop trying to hit on me. I love Brooke. Slut." He pushed Autumn away, and she felt a little bit of satisfaction.

She felt more confident that she was prettier than Autumn at least.

Bobby ran over to Brooke and got on his hands and knees.

"Please baby, forgive me, I love you. She just kissed me, I had no control over it. Right Autumn? " He looked over at Autumn and dared her to respond negatively towards him.

Her heart broke more as she said the words neither one would forget or forgive.

"Yes. I wanted him so bad, I couldn't help myself. " She made it as convincingly as she could. It must have been enough because Brooke left crying in the arms of Bobby who was whispering reassurances in her ear.

After the door clicked shut, she collapsed to her knees and let out gut renching sobs, unable to control them.


Present Day

She never bothered to try and explain to Brooke, she was too afraid. Bobby lurked out there somewhere, waiting, always waiting for her to screw up and tell Brooke the truth so he could kill everyone she's ever loved.

After that incident, she hadn't heard much of Brooke until a few years ago, where she up and contacted her for no reason. She acted like nothing was wrong. She acted as if she put the past behind her. If Brooke could, then she could, too.

They've been buddy buddy up until now. Making up for lost years. They shopped, watched movies, even had an apartment together at one time.

Has this been all an act?

She stumbled across the room and gasped when someone grabbed her from behind.
Chapter 16 by Tati
Thinking on instinct, she quickly thrashed about. Even after she heard an "oOomph" of suprise and then a growl of pain, she still didn't stop, restless. She was not giving up without a fight.

She whirled around ready to punch the guy in the face (since it was obviously a guy with big muscley sinewy arms.) when she realized who it was and her sails deflated, tears coming to her eyes once more.

"Sorry J, I thought you were someone else." She watched him rub his shin and look up at her cautiously.

"Boy, if I had a quarter for everytime someone said that to me..." he grumbled miserably.

When he noticed tears slightly streaming down her cheeks pain sliced through his chest. Had he caused her soul stricken look? He could almost see all the pieces of her heart on the ground..Had he caused that?

She quickly untangled herself from his grasp and turned her back, looking out the window at the setting sun.

"I'm sorry, but I don't need to be here with you right now." Her heart gave a leap and then fizzled, giving up all hope.

He watched her retreating back. She had the same aura about her, but something changed. Something that made her apart of who she is...............

..something that he loved..

He gasped as the realization came to him. His face fallen, he returned to his room.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, she curled up in her bed and cried. Cried for a love she would never have. Cried for a love she never wanted to have. Cried because she was the same girl ...the same one that got hurt all those years ago. Cried because their were no decent men out there worth fighting for. After what seemed like an eternity, she closed her leaden eyes and feel asleep.


She awoke in a puddle of her own drool. Gross..very gross...She glanced at the clock and cursed. 9:15. She was officially late to practice by an hour and 15 minutes. Who would Kevin dance with if he didn't have her? The image of Brooke popped into her mind and she scowled. Why was she always beatting herself up over that? She needed to face the facts. Men like that, like women like her. Beautiful, funny, full of life..Everything she was not.

Autumn quickly washed her face and put her hair back in a ponytail. They were just going to have to deal with the fact that she was late, whether they liked it or not. She glanced at herself in the mirror quickly before rushing out the door.

"You're late." Fatima's famous first words.

" I know, I know, sorry." she grumbled, quickly taking her place by Kevin. Her heart dead, she didn't feel anything when his hand connected with her hip. The fuzzies, the sizzle was all gone. She almost smiled. Almost.

Confused green eyes met her face.

"Oh hmm?" she didn't know if he had talked to her or not, she wasn't really paying attention, she didn't really care.

"I said,rough morning?" He looked at her curiously. Something had changed. What was it? He couldn't put his finger on it. She just glanced at him without answering, concentrating on the steps.

When it came time to switch partners to Brian, she was so zoned out that she didn't realize the hand she grabbed wasn't his. She didn't hear the shriek of suprise as someone collided into her. She didn't feel the pain as she fell to the ground, butt first.

"Ouch, damn it all to hell!!" She rubbed her elbow, where it had connected with somebodies chin.

"AUTUMN!. You better get it together!!!" Fatima's shout brought her back to reality. She glanced around. Woops. Brian was looking at her confused, Howie was rubbing his chin and one of the dancers, Lana, was on the ground beside her.

"Sorry" she mumbled sheepishly.

Before she could get up a hand shot out. Looking up suprised, she smiled.

"Thanks Brian."

The rest of the practice went on without a single mistake. You could tell Fatima was happy. But for Autumn,it seemed like another pointless day.

"Okay guys, thats a wrap!!! Good job everyone!! Okay. I have some big news! The guys next single "Get Another Boyfriend" (AN: for the sake of this story,it was a single, and they made a video.) is going to be filmed in beautiful downtown Chicago!. Everyone thats in this room right now will be in it. Congratulations!!" She hugged a bunch of dancers, before turning to talk to Howie.

Great, just great, she got to dance with kevin sexily while being filmed. And watched. She groaned.

Before she could move, arms came around her waist and a head peeked over her shoulder.

"Thats great news, isn't it?! I'm excited you're a wonderful dancer.!" Anger built up inside and she whirled around.

"Get your filthy hands off me Kevin! Why is it that you guys think you can touch someone outside of dance class? NEWS FLASH: You aren't my boyfriend, you aren't my lover. You aren't anything important to me besides a paycheck. So stop fucking flirting, touching and groping. Its very unwanted. Got it?!" Her eyes were ablaze with fire. A new kind of fire that noone has seen before.

Kevin's mouth agape, he watched her walk out of the room and turned around hiding his embarassment. So that's what had changed. Her affection. He lost it. But how? He seethed in anger as he stomped out of the room after her.

He felt like hitting a wall..No wait, He did hit a wall..his bruised knuckles were the result of that. He ran his hands through his shaggy hair. What was he going to do? If he lost this bet, he'd never live it down with Aj. He had to make things right.

He talked to himself in the mirror a couple of times to make sure he got his facial expressions right. Actor he was not. He grinned at himself. Damn! he was sexy.

He laughed as he walked down the hall to Autumn's room. oooh, the door was ajar...could she be waiting for him in her sexy lingere? He got excited as he put his ear to the door to listen.


"Autumn...We need to talk......." He opened the door slightly and stopped dead in his tracks.
Chapter 17 by Tati
Author's Notes:
Hope this is an unexpected turn..Leave Feedback please :D
"Autumn?!?!" He looked into the empty living area. Did he not see her come in here? He scratched his head thoughtfully. He looked around again and noticed the bathroom light on.

No matter how much he wanted to win this bet, he didn't want to be..rude. But...he could hear sounds, sounds that a normal person wouldn't make in the bathroom....

He slowly nudged the door open and gasped.

"Autumn, hunny whats wrong?!" She was in a crumbled heap on the floor a towel wrapped around her soaking wet body. Rivlets of water were cascading down her shoulders from her hair being sopping wet. She didn't say a word, just continued to let out gut wrenching sobs that filled his heart with pain.

"Kevin.." that one word was held with so much remorse, disdain and pain. It was barely a whisper and he had to crane to be able to hear it.

"Autumn..." his legs were immoble stone bricks. His mouth was agape in horror, he could barely keep from tears rolling down his cheeks.

She curled in on herself and started shivering. Thats when he noticed how pale she looked. He also noticed that there was alot of water on the ground and bits and pieces of a cell phone strewn about. Still not knowing what to do, he just stood there and stared in horror as the sobs seemed to go on and on...not letting up once, not even for air. It was the sound of a woman who just lost her whole world. A world not even he could help put back together.

He stood there for what seemed like an eternity, watching her crying. A piece of his heart broke off each time he would hear her yell. Not being able to take it anymore, he bolted from the bathroom,hating himself for it. He could handle sex and even an occassional compliment. Heartbreak, however, was a whole different story.

Autumn gasped for air for what seemed like the millionth time tonight. Her nose, which was soo red from her crying was running with her tears, making it impossible to tell the difference between the two. The pain in her chest hadn't subsided once. Kevin entering the bathroom was long forgotten as she curled in on herself and began to sob even loouder. Hoping the noise would help the pain go away.

How did this happen? Someone so beautiful, carefree, young. Guilt rushed through her as she remembered their last words to each other before she left to persue her dreams.


"Why can't you just understand, I don't want to be like you! I don't want to have to work 100 hours a week just to barely get by! I want to do what I love, not what I'm good at. I might be good at dancing, but I don't want to be you, mom. Please just try to understand." Her mother looked at her with disapproving eyes and turned her nose up at her. She didn't support her dreams, but her dad, her dad always did. Her dad beamed at her then made a gesture behind Molly's (her mom) back.

"No daughter of mine is going to run a resteraunt with the commoners and go to college. Thats for people who don't have anything else to do. Autumn, you have the body of a prima ballerina and the looks of one too. How could you let the go for some silly dream?" She gagged, appalled by the very thought of going after your dreams. That was Molly for you, very precise and old fashioned. Tears welled up in her eyes as she realized that she would never get her mothers approval on anything, short of dancing.

"I'm sorry you feel that way mother.I guess I'm not your daughter then. I'm sorry I can't be like your precious Blair." She walked away stiffly, giving her dad a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek on her way to her car. Blair, her younger, perfect step-sister, was always competing for moms attention. Even though there was really no competion , not really. Mom adored her because from the very second she was born, she had ballet on the brain. Knowing Autumn was a lost cause after the first year of ballet lessons, she gave up on her and focused her engery, love and money on Blair. Blair got away with anything, while she had to pay most of her bills and buy herself her first car. Her family thrived on being the perfect brady bunch wannabe's. At least on the outside that is.. On the inside, scandals, lies and divorce are what plagued her heart. Her parents had divorced not long after she was born. Her dad claiming her mom was a tramp, and vice versa. She never knew the whole story, nor did she want too. Blair was everything she was not: Blonde, green eyed, petite beauty. She got all the guys, compliments, attention, love. At least from her stepdad, and his family. She was the outsider of the bunch always. And her mom, being the retired ballerina that she is, always went where there would be good publicity.

She smiled once more at her dad and came up to him tears rolling down her cheeks. "I love you daddy." He wiped away the tears from her cheeks, like he always did, and pressed a hundred dollar bill in her hand. Which for him, was hard to come by. She looked up at him uncertain, knowing she needed the money, but was too afraid to take it because he needed it too. "its okay sweetheart, you can pay me back when you get famous." He winked and let her fall away stepping back so she could go back to her car, a beloved Mazda tribute. She looked at her mother once more. The look of dislike clear in her eyes. Blair just looked amused. Now there was no getting in the way of her and her mother. She sighed as she drove away only looking in the reaview mirror once. Okay, twice.The last words she heard was his soft voice, letting her know that she was well loved by him.


She never spent that hundred dollars, keeping it in her wallet until she finally opened up her resteraunt. After that, she framed it and put it on her office wall, making it a solid reminder that family comes first before all things. And that there are at least some people that are still nice.

Her dad would come and visit her from time to time, but as the years progressed, she saw less and less of him. She heard Blair got into the top Ballet School in New York: America Ballet Company. Blairs family, including her mom hadn't talked to her since that day outside her apartment.


She quickly wiped her nose with a tissue before continuing to sob. She dimly remembered arms being thrown around her and a warmth at her back. Before too long, her memories came back to her tenfold.


She quickly got dressed and put her hair perfectly into place. She was supposed to meet her dad, Robbie, at her resteraunt and treat him to a nice dinner. She laughed at the conversation they had just yesterday.

"Hey sugarplum, whats shaking?" He was smiling on the other end, she could tell.

"Hi daddy, whatcha doing?" She was generally happy to hear from him and you could hear it in her voice.

"Oh nothing, just standing outside a nice looking condo, wishing someone would notice I was here. Its kinda rainy out and my umbrella will only hold up for so long." He grinned and chuckled a bit.

"But daddy, why would someone not let you -----" She squealed as she threw open the door to her condo and rushed him inside. She could hear an echo of laughing, both from him and the phone, since he still hadn't hung it up yet. She didn't care how old she was. She'd always be a daddies girl.

The whole night was such a blur to her because she was having such a great time.


She strained her memory to try and remember more, but she couldn't and she hated herself for that. Her sobs started to slow down and get quieter, but they were still coming on strong.

Was all of this her fault? Was it because she forgot to return phone calls? She distinctly remembered her dad calling her a few nights ago, but she just didn't feel like talking to anyone. That was the night that she found that Brooke had shacked up with Kevin. Her mind went in a whirlwind of directions to where she could find it a struggle to breathe. She shot up and leaned over to the toliet, loosing what little stomach contents she had. She forgot someone was there holding her, comforting her without even knowing why. She looked at the disgusted look on his face and didnt even care.

"What are you doing here Alex?" She noticed how sheepish he looked when she caught his look.

"Kevin sent me to come help you..he sounded pretty upset..We've been in here for about 2 hours." She almost forgot why she was upset or how upset she was. With that note, the tears started again and she curled up in the fetal position.

"Baby, whats wrong?" You could hear the near panic in his voice. Its very hard to deal with someone when they won't tell you anything, just cry uncontrolably.

She looked up for a minute as soundless tears slid down her face, plinking onto her already wet towel. She contemplated telling him, but really, who would understand? He didn't say a word as he wiped the tears from her face, one by one. He looked at her a minute and licked one off her cheek, making a funny face. He was rewarded with a small smile.

"My..my.." she got choked up as she tried to tell him all about it. She wrapped her arms around herself protectively not wanting to tell anyone but knowing she had too.

"My...My..dad..." she still couldn't get the words out. They were too hard to bear. She felt her heart give a final leap as pain flooded through her once more. Her mind was completely exhausted, but yet her eyes kept on producing tears.

Alex looked at Autumn and frowned. He felt his eyes tear up as he watched this beautiful girl fall apart in his arms.

"Take your time honey." He soothed her and held her close once more.

"My-my-my dad was in the car with-with-with..."she couldn't seem to ge the words out...She hated when she stuttered, but it didn't matter now...nothing did anymore.

She tried once more.."My dad was in the car with my mom, for what reason I don't know....They-they-they got hit...."She stopped there as she looked at the broken pieces of her phone on the ground.

As soon as she returned back to her room after practice she took a nice long, hot shower. Her phone ringing persistently in her ear was the cause of her getting out a little early. She sighed as she looked at the unfamiliar number. Who would it be this time? A fan trying to get the guys number? Paparazi trying to get news? She flipped open her phone as a feeling of dread filled her.

"Helllll...o?" A paniced voice filled her ears. She tried to remember where she knew that voice from..

"Autumn...its Blair..." She could hear the girl crying uncontrolably into the phone. She didn't know why she called her, since they had never really been close.

"Hi..." She could hear herself say reluctantly...

"Autumn...Mom and Robbie got killed." She could tell thats not how she wanted to say it, but it didn't matter because the next minute her emotions caught up to her brain. She screamed as tears started rolling down her face.

"Autumn...Autum...Will you listen to me? A drunk driver hit them about an hour ago. They were on their way to try and make amends so that they could suprise you for your birthday." She didn't hear the rest as she threw the phone across the room. It hit the wall and shattered into a million pieces.


She snapped out of it as she realized the look on Alex's face was expectant.

"Mymomanddadwerekilledtodaybyadrunkdriver." she said it all in one breath. Hoping she wouldn't burst into tears again, she took a deep breath,. But it was no use.


She flung her arms around Alex and cried into his shoulder , knowing he wouldn't ask questions. He would just hold her. She felt her grip around him tighten, as hands went around her waist.

It felt so right, so much like...home.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8233