I'm Sorry, my Friend by Arista Niara
Summary: Leo runs after someone, praying that he's not too late. Will he manage to get there before its too late?
Categories: Fanfiction > Animated > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters: Leonardo
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1138 Read: 670 Published: 01/09/07 Updated: 01/09/07

1. Chapter 1 by Arista Niara

Chapter 1 by Arista Niara
Author's Notes:
This was my resignation from ff.net but sadly, that didn't last. And no, I'm not going to kill myself.
A medium sized, slender figure ran through the sewers. Her dark brown hair flew behind her as she ran through the subterranean tunnels. Her eyes closed as she ran faster and harder, making each tear fly behind her. Her tear stained cheek dried quickly as the air smacked her face.

I hate them, I hate them all, she thought angrily. She thought about the younger sister she was leaving behind. She felt so sorry for her. She was leaving her with the ass holes she was forced on a daily basis to call parents. She wished she could bring her sister with her but it was futile.

It also didn’t help that she had a moronic ex-boyfriend who wanted her back and was stopping at nothing to do so nor the fact that her favorite turtle had played around with her mind. She wanted out of the pain, out of the annoyance and out of her so-called life.

The echoes of her foot steps could be heard in the sewers. She prayed that no one would find her. She just didn’t want to be found. Besides, why would it matter if they didn’t? No one would miss her anyway. She continued to run down the sewers, hopefully, she would find what she wanted soon.

It wasn’t long before the young woman stopped. She couldn’t run anymore. She could hear someone coming. She wouldn’t be caught dead going back home. She couldn’t go home. It was obvious.

Her chest heaved as she struggled to catch her breath. She looked towards the direction of the foot steps. She didn’t see anyone coming. It was time to finish what she couldn’t finish four long years ago. Her knowledge of the sewers gave her enough confidence that she may have enough time to finish it.

She reached to her silver belt and fingered a black object. She had taken it from her friend when he was drunk and she had forgotten to give it back. It was loaded and she knew it. Ever so slowly, she put her hands around the gun. Just as slowly, she brought it to her face and looked at it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leonardo ran through the sewers wildly. She was one of the few fan girls he had. He knew he had been mean to her in the past but now, he was taking full responsibility for what he had done to her. He pushed her away and played her like a toy before getting bored with her.

He knew she had tendencies to become depressed but he knew she was getting better with it. She was doing so well and now she went and cracked. If she killed herself, he would never forgive himself for doing what he had.

These thoughts only made him run faster. ‘Gods, you were doing so well too, please don’t do what I think you’re going to do,’ though Leo as he ran even faster. He had his brothers and their fan girls searching the sewers for any sign of the Leo girl. So far, there was no luck.

Suddenly, a sound of a gun shot was heard. His heart stopped for a second. She didn’t do what he thought she did, did she? He started to run harder and faster, praying that he was wrong and he didn’t really hear a gun.

He rounded about eight corners and ran through another eight pipes. There, he saw her. Her brown hair was lying limply on her shoulders. A pool of bright red blood started to form around her. Her once tie-dyed light blue and white shirt was now soaking in the blood, making a lot of the blue color disappear. A wound in her chest was over flowing with blood, her blood.

He walked over to the body of his once dearly devoted fan girl. She was breathing and was still conscious. He fell to his knees, in the blood, not caring that his knee pads were being stained with the blood of his fan girl. He pulled her into his arms.

The girl opened her eyes slightly and smiled at Leo. She cringed with pain but tried to stay strong for her favorite turtle.

“Leo, you’re here,” she said.

“I’m sorry. I should have run faster! I should have! I let you down!” cried Leo, letting a few tears escape his eyes.

“No, you didn’t let me down. It was me who wasn’t strong enough to live. It’s not your fault, Leo. It never was, and never will be. Humph, I really made a mess of everything this time, didn’t I?” asked the girl as tears also ran down her face s she tried to maintain her smile.

“Come on, I’m bring you back to the lair. Donny can fix you up,” said Leo as he lifted his fan girl up.

“No. I know there’s not enough time. Leo, do me a favor,” the girl said.

“Anything,” he answered.

“Look after everyone for me and keep an eye on my little sister,” she winced.

“I will,” he whispered as he kissed her forehead.

The girl smiled for a moment. She placed her head onto Leo’s chest and listened to the sound of his heart beat. She sighed to herself as she closed her eyes.

“At least let me bring you back to the lair, please?” begged Leo.

He got no response. His eyes widened. He shook her wildly, trying to get a signal of some type from her. Nothing came from the girl in his arms. Ever so carefully, he placed her back on the ground and checked for a pulse. A sob escaped his lips when he realized that she was gone.

Leo took the girl’s hands and placed them on her chest. He gave her a look over. She looked at peace now. She was no longer mad at anyone nor in pain. Slowly, he got to his feet and called each of his brothers telling them that he found the girl and she was gone.

He started to walk away from her, knowing the police would be looking for her body. Suddenly, he stopped and turned back around. He unsheathed one of his katana and removed his blue eye mask. He placed the katana in her hands and the blue eye mask under them also. He knew when her sister saw them, she would keep them for her sister.

He once again began to leave, tears coming down his face. Again, he felt drawn to the place to say one more thing. He turned once again and looked at the body of the fan girl.

“Farewell, Arista Niara. I shall see you in the after life.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8262