Lipgloss and Overalls by Anita
Summary: Samantha Dorough, Raychelle Richardson and Brian Littrell are all neighbors and have grown up together. Their mothers were the typical best friends so it was obvious that their children would be. Follow the story of these three friends and their trails of life including friendship, love and death. Now before you brush this as a teeney booper story please give it a chance.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Group, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1724 Read: 4191 Published: 03/18/07 Updated: 11/17/08

1. Prologue by Anita

2. Chapter One by Anita

3. Chapter 2 by Anita

Prologue by Anita
Author's Notes:
ok this is just a story idea i had that i am just messing around with. just started it so please let me know what you think of it.

Lipgloss and Overalls


Prologue

Now I know what you all are thinking right now. This story is probably Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, the three young girls who are best friends. But really, it is nothing like that.

There are no magical pants or any clothing in fact that they share, and actually this story isn't really about them at all, its about their children. However every story starts at the very beginning a very good place to start...oops sorry this isn't The Sound of Music. Anyway on to the story.

Take Kelly Jones, the former Miss Kentucky got pregnant with her first child a boy to be named Howard, Howie for short, when she was 16. Her best friend Laura decided she couldn't deal with the drama of her best friend getting pregnant at such a young age leaving the pregnant Kelly to marry the ass of a father John Dorough. By the age 18, Kelly got pregnant with her second child, Samantha, aka Sam Dorough and it was during this time that she met the two women who would become her best friend.

Grace Green was 17 when she got pregnant with a boy with her high school sweetheart Barry Richardson. Everyone was jealous of them and their love filled relationship. Grace was the quiet sweet southern belle and Barry was a handsome fellow raising their ranch. Their son Kevin was the perfect son taking after his father. At 19 when pregnant with her second child Raychelle, Grace met Kelly Dorough and they met Jackie Littrell.

Jackie Littrell was 19 almost 20 when she was pregnant with her first child. A hopeful for a daughter the name Brianna Thomasina was chosen after the lovely heroine in one of Jackie's romance novels. Jackie was a loudmouthed spunky girl working for a degree for law. Her bastard husband Jake had walked out on her as soon as she had become pregnant and Jackie had vowed to give her child the best life possible without a father.

Each women stressed with their pregnancy's enrolled in moms to be yoga and it was how they met. Three women as different as night and day yet all linked together by the beautiful bond of being mothers.

Jackie was there to curse John when he left a 7 month pregnant Kelly and Grace was there to wipe away the tears.

Jackie was the first to go into labor and to her shock had a baby boy. Oops so much for her Harlem name but Brian Thomas Littrell was an ok name too.

Two weeks later, Grace was in labor as Kelly held her hand while Jackie yelled at her to pop the damned child out before Barry fainted as Barry paced outside holding a small screaming Brian. After 10 hours of labor, Raychelle Lynn Richardson was born to which her 2 year old perfect child wrinkled his nose and said that the new baby was about as exciting as a poopy dippie.

Eight days later it was Kelly's turn or so she thought. Her little brat had just started a false labor but on day 12 it was the real thing. Putting her mother through almost 24 hours of hell, Samantha Anne Dorough came screaming into the world. Almost three year old Howie looked at his new sister and wondered how a small thing could be so loud.

Eventually the three women got houses near each other and raised their families together. Brian, Ray and Sam became glued to each other and this ladies and gentlemen is where the real story begins.

Chapter One by Anita
Author's Notes:
sorry its taking long!
Chapter One

"Mama! I do not want to wear that dress!"

Kelly stood facing Samantha with her hands on her hips.

"Samantha you have to wear this dress we're going out to a nice dinner."

Sam made a face.

"I bet aunt Grace isn't gonna make Ray wear a dress."

"Well what Grace decides to do with her daughter is her choice."

Samantha sighed dramatically.

"I have a problem mom."

"Oh yeah? What?"

"I have cancer." Samantha said pitifully.

Kelly raised her eyebrow. Sam lifted her top to show her mom her developing breasts.

"See, tumors are growing on my chest." She said solemnly.

Kelly laughed.

"Samantha those are breasts!"

Sam's face turned red.

"Well, I'd rather have cancer." Muttered.

Samantha grumbled as she tugged the dress on over hear head.

"Ew mama! I look like a Barbie! I look like you!"

Kelly rolled her eyes at her daughters drama.

"Come on, Sam, we have to get going, we're stopping by Brian's house first."

Sam perked up a bit. Lately she had noticed that Brian had been getting a little cute, unfortunately he had been more interested in Ray. Sam sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam walked into Brian's room where he was playing a video game.

"Hey dork." She greeted.

He looked up.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" He snickered.

Sam frowned annoyed.

"Nothing HAPPENED to me except my MOTHER!"

He coughed hard trying not to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh. I swear I'll beat you up if you do." Sam said her face turning red.

Brian coughed again trying his hardest not to laugh but finally he couldn't help it anymore. He burst out laughing loudly and hard.

Sam's eyes narrowed as she lunged at him knocking him off the bed. She sat on his chest pinning him down.

"I WARNED YOU NOT TO LAUGH OR I'D BEAT YOU UP DIDN'T I? I DID I SAID THAT IF YOU LAUGHED AT ME THAT I SWORE TO BEAT YOU UP! YES I DID AND NOW I'M GONNA KICK YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE ASS!"

"SAMANTHA ANNE DOROUGH WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!"

Sam looked up in mid punch and groaned seeing her mother.

"Samantha you do not hit people and you are ruining your dress!" Kelly said grabbing her daughter by the arm dragging her off of the trembling Brian/

"He started it mama, he was laughing at me." Sam pouted.

Kelly shook her head.

"Come on you guys, it's time to go."

Sam stuck her nose in the air smoothing out her dress, then stormed out with her hair sticking up.

Brian giggled a bit following but stopped as Sam shot him a dirty look. He flashed her a crooked smile which made her heart beat faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray looked around wondering where the others were. The she smiled hearing Kelly call out to her mom. Her jaw dropped as she turned and saw Samantha storming over wearing a dress. One look however and Ray knew that she should not utter a word.

"What happened to you?" Ray asked Brian who had a bruise on his cheek.

Brian glanced over at Sam who was shooting both of them murderous looks.

Ray shook her head.

"Sam, it's not that bad."

Sam rolled her eyes and followed the adults into the restaurant.

Ray shrugged at Brian as they followed also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through out dinner Sam sat solemnly as across from her Brian and Ray giggled. She felt hurt, why couldn't Brian ever look at her like he looked at Ray?

Kelly nudged her.

"Don't slouch." She whispered.

Sam sighed and straightened up her eyes meeting Brian's. He gave her a wink. Sam felt herself relax a bit and began to enjoy the evening.
Chapter 2 by Anita
Author's Notes:
Hey guys long time no update. Just messing around a bit with this. Enjoy the short chapter.
Chapter Two

"Did you get stung by a bee?" Brian asked Sam teasingly as he flopped down beside her.

She was wearing a pink two piece and tanning.

"Excuse me?"

"Those bumps on your chest." Brian said leaning over pinching them.

Sam growled.

"Stop it! Those are my boobs!"

Brian snickered.

"Oooo, Sammy's got boobs." He taunted.

"Why don't you suck them and shut up." She growled.

"Sure, untie your top."

Sam felt her cheeks heat up. They were only 13 for crying out loud. Was Brian thinking of sex already? She stared at him. He watched her amused.

The gate to the yard swung open and Ray walked in looking sad.

"What's up baby?" Brian asked her as she sank down between them.

"We're moving." Ray whispered.

"What do you mean moving?" Sam asked sitting up.

"My mom has a new job offer. We are moving to Florida!" Ray said and began to cry.

Brian held her trying his best to sooth her. Sam sat stunned unsure of what to say. They were like the three Musketeers, she couldn't leave.

I'm supposed to be packing." Ray said a few minutes later pulling away from Brian. Sam bit her lip .She wondered if she was evil to be feeling jealous right then.

Shaking her head Sam got up hugging Ray.

"When do you leave?"

"Mama want's to leave the day after tomorrow." Ray sighed.

Sam was shocked about how fast this was all going.

"We'll get to say goodbye right?" Brian asked her.

Ray nodded. Leaning over she hugged her friends and ran off.

Brian met Sam's eyes.

"This is going to be so weird."

Sam got defensive.

"Why cuz you don't like me as much as her?"

"No I meant not being a three some anymore."

"You mean me being the third wheel."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"IT MEANS YOU LIKE RAY MORE THAN ME!"

Brian's jaw dropped shocked.

Angrily Samantha pushed him by his chest shoving him into the pool and stormed off. Brian came up sputtering. Sam was pretty cute when she was angry. He thought as he pulled himself out of the pool then stopped. Wait a minute. Wasn't Ray kinda his girlfriend? His shoulders slumped suddenly feeling very confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of days later Sam and Brian stood outside on the lawn of Brian's house with Ray, as the mothers wept and hugged.

"So you'll be coming over around Christmas to visit right?" Sam asked Ray.

Ray nodded.

"We are still going to be best friends." Ray vowed to the two of them.

Brian smiled crookedly.

"Of course we will."

"Ray come on it's time to leave." Her mom called.

Giving her best friends one last hug goodbye, Ray ran off to her moms car trying hard not to cry. Brian and Sam stood waving until the car was gone.

"Hey Sam would you like to go for an ice cream cone?" Brian asked softly.

"Not with you." Sam said still angry storming off.

Brian ran after her grabbing her arm.

"Sam come on!" He pleaded giving her his best puppy dog face.

"Ugh fine." She said grumpily.

"Great let's go." He said sliding his hand down into hers and leading her away.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8345