Hugs by mersey
Summary: The 10 Times Nick hugged Brian and the 1 time he didn't.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 950 Read: 1216 Published: 05/16/07 Updated: 05/16/07

1. Chapter 1 by mersey

Chapter 1 by mersey
Author's Notes:
This was written last week, meant for the May pic challenge but Howie refused to play with my muse so while the story is based on the picture, it didnt come with the pov of one of the boys :p

1.

When Kevin introduced his cousin to the guys.

“Oommpf!”

“Hi Brian!”

“Uh…Hi buddy.”

2.

First time they belted out a song as a five piece vocal harmony. It was End of the Road by Boys II Men and Nick was so blown away by this new blond of the group that he hugged him and patted his back and said, “I got goosebumps Brian, look, look.”

3.

Seaworld, and Nick had a nervous breakdown that came out of nowhere.

“You okay there buddy?”

“Not…sure.”

“Awww, I think you just need a good old hug!”

Yeah, it would have been Brian who hugged him, but Nick is never known for his patience and had almost jumped on the poor guy and hugged him instead.

4.

Europe MTV Awards and they just announced BSB as the winner.

Nick turned to his left and found Brian, who was already smiling widely at him. “I can’t believe it, we won!”

“Me either!”

Nick hugged Brian and said ‘Surreal!’

And as they walked down towards the stage as a group, Nick had his arm across Brian’s shoulders and only let go once they reached the podium.

5.

Basketball.

Frick & Frack vs The Other Three.

Frick & Frack won by four points.

6.

Before Brian left for surgery.

“I’ll see you later okay?”

7.

After Brian came back from surgery.

“It gets lonely being the only blonde around.”

8.

Brian’s wedding.

Because only Brian would put a tray of cigars and failed to tell them that they were made of chocolate and Nick had a sticky surprise when he plunged his hand in his pocket during reception.

So of course the next thing he did was give Brian a messy hug.

9.

A hotel room in Chicago.

They surprised AJ the very next day and everything felt right.

10.

They had a fight.

It was silly. Stupid. Nick couldn’t even remember what they were fighting about by the time it got that heated. He could only remember they were in Canada and it was cold, very cold, and there were gabillion of fans both inside and outside of the studio, screaming for them.

He must have said something hurtful to Brian, no one has to tell him that he was capable of hurting people just by the things that come out of his mouth when he was mad. Nick hates it when he allows himself to go that far, because he knew he couldn’t take back what he had thrown out there. He didn’t even have to remember what it was that had been said, it was that look…that betrayal set in Brian’s eyes that said everything he needed to know.

“Well you’re an asshole, I don’t know why I put up with your crap all the time!”

And Nick always said he was immune to critics. That growing up in the industry had allowed him to create all those walls where bad things won’t touch him, won’t drive him insane.

If Nick was honest with himself, he had yet to find a wall that would go up against the four men he had considered family.

So it hurt and he figured he deserved it, for whatever reason. And it wasn’t supposed to be that way, especially not when they were due to make an appearance anytime now and Nick doesn’t know how to keep his game face on because it was suddenly too loud, and it was suffocating and the guy with the headphone was signalling to them to come out and there was no one left but him to complete the single line, so he walked out and into the lion’s den, hoping he didn’t screw up, that badly.

But Brian has a way to single him out when he’s down. Nick had stayed away from Brian, knew that he was doing everyone a favour if he would just stay in line, smile at the appropriate time, answer when asked a question and hopefully get out of there without any incident that would require their Rep. to work overtime.

So Brian, is a tough one to figure out. When he decided to hold it against you, he could be distant and cold for as long as he wanted to. When he decided to forgive and forget, he could do it at the very second after the argument ended.

Nick couldn’t even remember what it was that was going on with the interview, he could barely hear himself, with the crowd constantly screaming and yelling for their attention. He remembered wanting to breakdown right there on the spot and just give up, but he would hate for AJ to call him a drama queen because no one could beat AJ to that title.

Then Brian looked at him and smiled and Nick knew that look, knew that twinkle in his eyes, the ones that said ‘I can never be mad at you for too long’, and then Brian jumped on him and Nick held on, wrapped his arms firmly around his brother’s waist and felt that little squeeze on his shoulder and he knew things were okay with them.

11.

The first time Nick was officially introduced to Baylee. The kid ran up to him and hugged his leg like a tree and Nick almost did not do anything just to see if mini Brian would climb his way up to his shoulders all by himself.

He had hugged Baylee then and had his hands full to give Brian one, but he didn’t think Brian mind it that much.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8453