A Promise for Forever by Nikki P
Summary: It's a simple short story about Howie. I can't really say too much or I'll spoil it. It just came to me so I thought I'd write it down.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 688 Read: 842 Published: 06/12/07 Updated: 06/12/07

1. Chapter 1 by Nikki P

Chapter 1 by Nikki P
I was walking down the street highly disappointed that he was no where to be found. He promised me he’d be there. Oh well. Maybe something important came up and he forgot to call. He would’ve had his cell phone though. So why didn’t he answer?

This really sucks! This was supposed to be our special day. This is the first day in 4 months that we would be able to spend together as a couple. I missed him so much while he was on tour. Why am I crying? I shouldn’t be crying. He doesn’t care about me, or love me. If he did he would’ve remembered.

I sighed. Boy did I love his brown hair, his brown eyes. The way he says so much with so little words. He was the first guy I loved that treated me with respect. I was surprised really. Most guys I’ve been with only wanted that one thing that I’m not quite ready to give up.

When I looked up I saw a small light coming from the park near my house. Against my better judgment I went over towards it. I can hear my mother now telling me that it was way to dark out for me to be out alone, and that I should never go near things that I don’t know what they are. Even though I’m 29 years old my mom still sees me as a little child.

As I walked closer I could see a blanket sprawled out with a lantern sitting nearby. That’s weird…no one’s even here. Then I started to hear the soft sounds of music playing, but I couldn’t pin point where it was coming from. I decided to walk closer, and get a better look.

“It took you long enough.” I heard a voice from behind me say.

“I thought you would’ve been walking here awhile ago.”

I could tell it was a guy’s voice and that made me scared. It didn’t help that I was frozen to my spot. I could hear my mother telling me “I told you so” in the back of my head.

Then I felt arms wrap around my waist and turn me around. Before I could say or do anything I felt lips against mine.

As we parted I looked down afraid to see what was in front of me.

He took his fingers and lifted my chin up so I was looking into his eyes.

It was Howie! My Howie. He really didn’t forget me. He knew I would walk the same way I always do when I’m upset or sad over something.

“Thank you” was all I could say. I smiled at him and leaned in closer to feel his body against mine. Oh how I longed to be in his arms for months!

He led me over to the blanket to sit down.

“I’ve missed you so much!” he told me.

“I’ve missed you too!”

We laid there for what seemed like hours looking up at the stars and enjoying each others company.

“Ever since I first met you I knew you were special. You are always there for me, and you’re the only girl I know who can put up with my crazy schedule. I think I’ve loved you, and I mean really loved you since the minute I saw you.”

I started to say something but he put his finger to my lips.

“Diana, will you marry me?”

He pulled out a small black velvet box and opened it to show a stunning diamond ring. It was just right. Not too big, and not too small. Just right for my small hand.

I smiled and all I could do was nod my head yes. I was speechless and tears brimmed my eyes as he slipped the ring on my finger, and gave me another passionate kiss.

“You’ll be mine forever and always.” he said. “I love you and I always will.”

“I love you too Howie.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8489