Satan's Playground by rebellious_one
Past Featured StorySummary: Come little children, follow me and you will see, that there is no harm nor sin in playing with me. Tell someone, anyone that you’ll no longer be around, for once you play, your soul is apart of my playground.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Horror, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 31832 Read: 57069 Published: 07/23/07 Updated: 07/28/14

1. Prologue by rebellious_one

2. Why Are We Doing This Again?!? by rebellious_one

3. Fear by rebellious_one

4. Let The Games Begin... by rebellious_one

5. One Down, Couple To Go by rebellious_one

6. Shadows - Howie by rebellious_one

7. The Lost Girl - Brian by rebellious_one

8. First Mission Complete by rebellious_one

9. Day 2 by rebellious_one

10. Waking The Dead by rebellious_one

11. George Pelowski by rebellious_one

12. Get Out... Now by rebellious_one

13. What The Hell Happened?! by rebellious_one

14. Completing Nick's Dare by rebellious_one

15. Second Mission Complete by rebellious_one

16. What's Wrong With Kevin?! by rebellious_one

17. Possessed by rebellious_one

18. Day 3 by rebellious_one

19. Strange Occurrences by rebellious_one

20. Kevin's Second Encounter by rebellious_one

21. Unexplainable by rebellious_one

22. Taste Of Blood by rebellious_one

23. Test Of Faith by rebellious_one

24. Torn by rebellious_one

25. Preparing For The Ritual by rebellious_one

Prologue by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Okay, here's another story that I posted on Vaffel and decided to move it here. Unlike "Incomplete", I'm not just gonna throw up all the chapters that were completed. Even though the chapters are done, I'm gonna post it gradually so people won't get lost (even though I have like five or six stories posted and none of them are completed except for one, lol) But, as you read the prologue, don't let it throw you off. As you read more into it, you'll find it focused more on BSB, the prologue is like a backstory. =) Hope you guys enjoy this... small thriller!!
“C’mon… truth or dare?” Josh asked Scott, evil gleaming in his eyes.

Scott stared long and hard at him, if he chose dare, what could Josh have him do that’s so daring? Kiss Megan? “Dare… in fact, double dare!” he replied with a grin.

“There is no double dare!” Josh snapped, shaking his head.

“Well, it is truth, dare, double dare, promise to repeat!” TJ reminded Josh, who was swinging on the swings along with Megan.

Josh shot TJ a glaring look, and then looked back over at Scott. “Fine, alright!” Scott said with a sigh. “I’ll do whatever your gonna have me do first, and then you’ll do it.”

“That’s how it’s suppose to be anyway stupid!” Josh retorted. “Fine, whatever… I want you to go in that old building right across over there, walk into one of the rooms, and stay there… by yourself, in the dark!”

Scott turned and stared at the old, busted down building for a while. “That’s it? What, is something suppose to happen to me? I mean, will I be looking or waiting for something?”

All Josh, TJ, and Cody laughed hard at him. “You obviously hadn’t heard any of the stories, have you?” Josh asked while he wrapped his arm around Scott’s shoulder’s and began walking him towards the building.

Both TJ and Cody approached Josh and Scott from behind. “You see all that land over there?” Cody asked Scott. “And even this land, this park that we stand upon right now…” TJ continued.

They all stopped and Josh, TJ, and Cody stood right in front of Scott. “It’s the devil’s playground!” Josh whispered in an eerie tone.

“What do you mean, this is where the devil plays?” Scott questioned in puzzlement.

The three of them groaned and rolled their eyes. “No stupid! These acres and acres of land is haunted by thousands of restless souls… this acre of land is a.k.a. … Satan’ Playground. It’s been said, this is no place for the living to roam, for the spirits walk this ground. It’s rumored, that whoever enters Satan’s playground, and disturbs the deceased in anyway… they’ll never return home, or they’ll never live to see another day…”

Scott stared at the three of them as if they were crazy. “And you guys believe such bullshi…”

“You think we’re making this all up?” Josh had interrupted him. “This has been childhood stories since my greatest of great grandma was a kid. But… you can deny it all you want, but when you discover that we’re right… the don’t come crying to us!”

Scott glared at the three of them and then started making his way towards the building. Cody, TJ, and Josh turned and stared at each other in shock, not believing that Scott would actually go through with it.

Megan jumped off her swing and ran over to Josh, TJ, and Cody. “Don’t you dare make him do this Josh!”

“A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do!” Scott said with a shrug.

Megan ran in front of Scott to prevent him from proceeding any further. “But your not a man… your just a boy!”

Scott caressed Megan’s cheeks and stared into her eyes. “What’s the worse that could happen?” He took a long pause, before he continued. “You know… I was kinda hoping for this to be my dare…”

“What? To get yourself killed?!” Megan exclaimed, desperate to make him change his mind.

“No,” Scott replied with a chuckle. “I was kinda hoping, well… actually praying that Josh would dare me… to kiss you!”

Megan’s mouth slightly fell ajar, and then she grinned. She grabbed Scott by the neck and pulled him in to a passionate kiss. “No one should have to dare you to kiss me… you just do it!”

Josh broke through them and slightly pushed Scott away from Megan. “What’s the hold up with you two lovebirds? Scottie boy here has a job to do!”

They continued walking towards the building without saying a word to one another. Once they approached the door, TJ, Cody, and Josh had settled down on an old concrete bench and table. Both Scott and Megan were left standing and staring at the building in awe.

“Well, what you waiting for Scottie?” Josh taunted. “You ain’t gonna see no ghost unless you go in there.”

Scott glared at Josh, and then turned to stare at the building yet again. This old, broken down building was once a hospital, where many live were either born or lost everyday. He can just hear the nurses calling off the time of deaths, echoing throughout the empty hallway. He could visualize the nurse pulling the sheet over the cold, stiff body, the family collapsing to the ground, tears flowing from their puffy eyes. This place was bound it have roaming spirits, but he was brought up not to believe in ghosts.

Scott took a deep breath in and slowly approached the large glass doors.

“Wait!” Megan exclaimed while pulling Scott back towards her by the arm. “You don’t have to do this Scott… it’s just a silly dare!”

Scott smiled and grabbed her hands. “If they had dared me to kiss you… that wouldn’t have been such a silly dare, now would it?”

Before Megan could respond, Scott pulled her in for another kiss, and once he broke away, he made his way up the stairs, right to the glass door.

“Hey Scott!” Josh called out before he made his way into the building. “Word to the wise… make sure you don’t wake the dead… wouldn’t want your soul to be apart of their realm.”

Scott slightly chuckled at his stupidity. “Hey Josh! My faith is stronger in God!”

Scott carefully placed his hands on the dirty, cold glass door and gave it a slight push. It wouldn’t budge on his first attempt, but slowly, the door began creaking as the rusted brass hinges were forced to bend out of it’s rusted state.

He slowly entered the building, his brand new white shoes dragging across the dusty and dirty wooden floor. Muck and must clung to the atmosphere, only allowing 1% of the pure oxygen flowing from the cracked windows to circulate through the building.

The corridor seemed endless, no matter how far he walked, his destination would drift further and further away. He passed an old, broken down elevator and a large, aging staircase leading all the way to the 6th floor. Some of the steps had gaping holes, and sawdust would rain to the ground as the termites continued to gnaw their way through the old wood.

Most of the hospital rooms either had their doors ajar, closed, or completely off the hinges. There must have been at least 20 hospital rooms down this first floor corridor itself. His heart was telling him to stay in the room nearest to the exit, just to play it safe, but his mind told him to stay in the very last room at the end, just to prove to himself that there was indeed no ghost.

He finally reached the last room, finding the door to be ajar. He hesitantly placed his hands on the door and slowly pushed it open. To his surprise, the door did not make the slightest bit of sound, not even a squeak. He quietly walked into the room and observed his new surroundings.

There was an old, broken television set resting on a broken wooden dresser. The hospital bed seemed to be sturdy still, but the sheets were torn and covered in a musty aroma. The curtains were drawn close, a small tear in the curtain had allowed very little light to shine through a crack in the window. The sunlight had barely seeped through, casting a faint glow in such a gloomy atmosphere.

His eyes darted across the room, where he saw a chair positioned perfectly in the corner of the room. It seemed sturdy enough to sit on, and strangely enough, it seemed as if the chair was not disturbed bu anyone physically, nor any dust that the whole room itself had collected.

He slowly made his way over to the corner of the room and had slowly sat on the chair. He sat there, staring at the open door, and then he glanced down upon his watch. He began tapping it, trying to bring it back to life, but it was useless. He sighed and leaned back into his chair, how was he suppose to know when his time was up?

Once he turned to gaze out the dirty window, he saw a dark shadow dart right by his door. He quickly fixed his eyes on the open door, but saw nothing. Maybe it was a cat, maybe even a rat, but he wouldn’t allow his mind to convince him that it was a ghost.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile…

“Why is it taking him so long?” Megan frantically questioned, pacing back and forth. “I mean, he’s going over his one minute limit!”

TJ, Cody, and Josh sat there, giggling at her anxiety. Megan turned and glared at all three of them.

“It’s not funny!” Megan snapped. “Something could’ve happened. What if he got hurt?”

Josh continued to giggle as he got up off the bench and walked over to Megan. “What the hell could possibly happen to Scottie boy? He’s only sitting there, by himself! If it makes you feel any better… I don’t recall ghost physically hurting the living!”

“Well, it doesn’t!” Megan bellowed as she shoved Josh away. “I swear to God, if anything happened to him, your all going to be on my…” but she was cut short when she saw Scott walking out from the glass doors.

Scott walked over to Megan and embraced her in his arms. “Your turn!”

“You can’t do that! You can’t change the rules!” Josh snapped.

“Well, the rules are, and TJ clearly stated that this game is truth, dare, DOUBLE DARE, promise to repeat… I doubled dared you, and if I recall, I didn’t change anything!” Scott replied calmly.

Josh tore his glare away from Scott and looked up at the building. “Well… ho, how is it… in there?” he stuttered.

Scott turned to look at the glass doors, then he turned back to look at Josh. “You’ll see once you get in there… and why would stallin’? You ain’t gonna see any ghost unless you go in there…”

Josh could hear Megan, TJ, and Cody snickering at the way Scott used his saying as a comeback. He didn’t see what was so funny… if Scott could do it, hell, he could do it too! He quickly walked up to the building and pushed the glass doors.

“Wait… Josh!” Scott called out frantically, which caused Josh to jump slightly.

“Please… tell me I don’t have to go in there… please tell me that your just joking!” Josh’s mind pleaded and prayed, but he heard the total opposite.

Scott grinned evilly, “Word to the wise… make sure you don’t wake the dead… wouldn’t wantcha to die too, now do we?”

Josh flipped him off before he walked into the building. Why couldn’t he just dare Scott to kiss Megan, so that he could do the same? Well, there’s no turning back now for he now stood before the glass doors. He took a deep breath in and raised his trembling hands to place it on the glass doors. He slowly pushed it open and walked in hesitantly, as if waiting for something or someone to greet him.

He stared down the long corridor in awe, wondering which room he should stay in. He should’ve asked Scott which room he stayed in before he came in here. He began to walk down the hallway but came to a stop in front of a large staircase that seemed to go on forever. Deep inside, he knew he should just settle on one room close to the doors incase anything was to happen, but something was tempting him to walk up the broken stairs. He was always known to be the rebellious one in his family out of his four brothers, always doing his own stuff and no one could tell him otherwise.

He reached his hand out towards the railing and had let his fingers drag lazily over the dust that stained the aging wood. Just as he took his first step, he stopped when he heard a noise, much like claws scratch against the wooden floor. He quickly spun around only to find a black cat sitting in front of him, licking it’s paws and minding it’s own business. Once the cat felt the presence of Josh being there, it stopped cleaning it’s paws and looked up at Josh, it’s striking yellow eyes gleaming in the pale light.

Josh slightly grinned, but the cat only hissed at him in return. He shook his head and then turned back around to continue walking up stairs. Unfortunately, he wasn’t watching where he stepped, and his foot slipped through a hole that was in the steps. Frantically, Josh tried to pull his foot out of the hole, but his panicking and squirming only caused the wooden steps to break even more. As he continued to struggle, he didn’t take notice of a black figure that loomed ahead of him at the top of the staircase.

All of a sudden, the steps beneath him broke and he could remember was feeling himself fall. His squinted his eyes close as he felt a throbbing pain in the back of his head. He slowly pushed himself up from off the ground and had looked up, seeing the gaping hole he had fallen through on the stairs. He dusted himself off and stopped when he heard a creaking noise that seemed to be enclosing on him.

Josh quickly started to jump up and down, trying to grab a hold of the steps so he could pull himself out of the hole. After a few attempted jumps, he was finally able to grab a hold of something and had quickly raised himself from out of the dark hole. He stumbled down the rest of the stairs and had darted right out of the building.

As soon as Cody and TJ seen Josh bust out through the glass doors, they quickly approached him and had helped him walk over towards the old picnic table. “What the hell happened to you?” TJ asked.

“I fell…” Josh replied, trying to ease his panting. “through the stairs… there’s something in that building… I’m telling you…”

They all turned and stared at the hospital in silence, the only thing being heard was the ragged breathing coming from Josh. All of a sudden, the skies turned to being overcast, and there was a low mumbling noise that came from the building.

“What… in the world… did you do?” Cody asked Josh as they all slowly inched away from the building.

Josh glanced over at Cody but ignored him. “He woke the dead…” Megan mumbled.

All of a sudden, a gust of wind had blown out from out the house, shattering the glass door and windows. They all turned and sprinted away, not wanting to take a chance to look back. Cody began heaving when he realized that he was the last person in the group running for the lives. Curiosity soon caught the best of him when he found himself glancing over his shoulders to see what exactly they were running from. A cloud of blackness took shape of an older man’s face, and before a scream could escape from his mouth, the black cloud consumed him whole.

Megan skidded to a stop and had turned around only to find Cody no longer behind them. “CODY!” Megan screamed as she felt both TJ and Scott pulling on her arms, urging her to continue running.

They could see themselves nearing the playground, but even that didn’t mean they were safe, for they would still in what was supposedly called “Satan’s Playground”. TJ was running right behind Scott, when he felt himself trip over a rock and had fell to the ground. He started screaming in pain when he felt an immense pain course throughout his leg, and he began crying and yelling when he looked down and had seen that his ankle was twisted in an awkward position, his bone protruding from his torn and bloody flesh.

Scott quickly came to a halt and had turned around to see TJ on the ground, screaming in agony. He began running back towards TJ, and just as he reached out his arms to scoop TJ up, he felt something fly him backwards as the cloud of black encased TJ. Both Josh and Megan had pulled a disoriented Scott from up off the ground and had continued to run towards the playground.

They were successful in running past the playground, nearing the end of Satan’s territory. They all skidded to a stop all of a sudden when they felt the earth they ran upon beginning to decline. They all looked down and seen that they would have to jump off this 10 foot cliff, into a raging river in order to escape.

Both Megan and Scott had grabbed hands, intertwining their fingers with one another. Just as they were all about to jump, something had grabbed Scott and began pulling him back, ripping the grip he had on Megan’s hand. Megan spun around only to find Scott being dragged back by something invisible, and all of a sudden, a cloud of darkness swallowed him whole.

“SCOTT!!!” Megan screamed and cried as she began running towards where Scott was, but Josh had stopped her and had pushed her off the cliff.

Just as Josh was about to jump off the cliff, he felt something grab him from behind as he was still in the air, and he just felt himself being sucked back, being engulfed in complete darkness. Megan submerged from the frigid water and had looked up, seeing no one on the cliff.

“JOSH!” Megan cried, thinking maybe he had jumped off already and had made it, but to her dismay, no one surfaced, which only meant that Josh was taken too.
Why Are We Doing This Again?!? by rebellious_one
AJ walked out of the bathroom, a towel draped over his shoulder, and his toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. “Read that again for me…”

Nick sighed and had pulled out the paper from the envelope, re-reading the letter once again. “Dear Mr. Alexander James McLean. The producers of MTV would like to offer you, as well as your four other band mates a chance of a life time to participate in a previous successful show in which we hope we can bring back to various viewers. The hit show known as “Fear” was known to grab the attention of many young viewers and had drawn them in to witness diverse people withstand and conquer their fears. This show has been successful over the past couple years, but it had faded from our program. We would now like to take this opportunity to bring the show back, showcasing famous celebrities, like yourselves, in withstanding and conquering their fears. We feel that accepting this opportunity will heightened your popularity and success once more and would gain even more viewers to witness the way celebrities handle and can conquer their fears. Please know that no other boy band/vocal group/celebrity has ever done what we are asking of you now. Please know that you five will be the first, and please consider in giving yourselves, as well as our hit show, a massive comeback. Sincerely, the producers of MTV.”

AJ just stood there, scrubbing the toothbrush over his teeth as white foam began to collect at the corner’s of his mouth. He quickly walked back into the bathroom and had turned the faucet on, rinsing his mouth out with water. He soon walked back into his room and just stared at Nick who was sitting on his bed, placing the letter back into the envelope.

“Heightened our popularity and success once more?” AJ questioned him as he took the towel that was on his shoulder, using it to pat his wet hair dry. “give ourselves a massive comeback? Who the hell do they think we are, *NSYNC?”

Nick shrugged and had tossed AJ’s letter to the side. “No, I’m pretty sure they meant us… I don’t recall a member by the name of Alexander James McLean being in *NSYNC.”

AJ could only laugh as he walked over towards the bed, grabbing his letter and opening it, deciding to read it for himself. He shook his head and grinned, crumpling the letter up and making a perfect shot in the waste basket. “This is ridiculous…”

“You wanna know something even more ridiculous?” Nick asked as he stretched out on AJ’s bed, lying on his back. “Both Howie and Kevin is all gung-ho for this ’publicity stunt’.”

AJ glanced at him and had sat down beside him on the bed. “It would be those two… especially Kevin! I can hear him now… ’C’mon fellas… lets do this, this is our one and only chance to have a massive comeback! We’ll be making history guys… no one has ever done this before!’” AJ mocked.

Nick chuckled and rose up off the bed. “Well, better go pack my things… we leave first thing tomorrow morning…”

“WHAT?!?” AJ exclaimed, literally shooting up from where he sat. “What the hell do you mean we leave first thing tomorrow morning?”

“Oh, did I forget to mention that?” Nick replied sarcastically. “If you don’t believe me, read the small printing down towards the bottom of the page… it has an asterous right next to it…”

AJ walked over to the trash can and had grabbed the balled-up letter, unfolding it and quickly scanning over it. “Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah… uh, please pack your things and be ready to depart first thing tomorrow morning. Damn, did they not want to give us time to think over our decision?”

“Apparently not…” Nick replied with a shrug. “They’re only doing this for the money… so when money talks, we just have to shut up and listen… do whatever it is asked of us.”

There was a slight knock on the door, and they both turned to see Brian poking his head through the crack. “Who’s ready to go a-huntin’ for some ghost…” Brian asked in a Neanderthal accent.

“I don’t ever want to hear you talk like that again…” AJ simply responded.

Nick chuckled and had folded his arms across his chest. “Don’t tell me that this stupid letter had corrupted your… oh-so holy mind and getting you to believe that ghost really exist!”

“Nah,” Brian answered. He pushed the door open wider and had walked further into the room, grabbing the letter from AJ and crumpling it into a tight ball once again. He shot it at the waste basket and muttered a slight “yes” to himself when he realized that his shot had actually rimmed off the rim of the trash can. “I honestly found that show a bunch of bull crap anyway…”

“So what is it? Three over two?” Nick asked no one in particular.

“You know with Kevin, it’s always minority tops majority for some reason…” AJ replied, seemingly in a phase.

“Welp,” Brian interjected, clasping his hands together. “Better get back to my room… so, I’ll catch up with ya’ll tomorrow morning!” and with that, he left AJ’s room, leaving the door open expecting Nick to follow suit.

Nick sighed and walked out of AJ’s room. “Night Bone…” he muttered as he silently closed the door behind him.

AJ walked towards the door and had latched it shut. He simply turned and stared at his empty room, leaning his body and head back into the door. He began walking towards his bed and had stopped when he caught sight of the crumpled letter lying on top mounds of garbage in his small waste basket. He shook his head… what they were about to do was completely ridiculous! But then again he remembered the times he would sit in his living room, flicking through channels, finally resting on MTV when nothing else seemed to interest him.

He remembered watching “Fear” every night at 7:00 p.m., not because he enjoyed that show, but due to the fact that hardly any good shows or movies was on at 7:00, so what better to watch than people getting the s*** scared outta them? He remembered hearing them scream and run from someone or something that wasn’t seen. What he remembered most was the fact that the survivors of the show would receive money in the end, whoever could withstand fear the longest. But then he began to think how such determined people had let fear get the best of them. Who would turn down thousands of dollars, especially over fear? He didn’t know how the show ran or what exactly would happen, all he knew was that he now declared their situation to be “insane”.
Fear by rebellious_one
“Good morning Backstreet Boys… and welcome to the set of Fear.” one of the MTV producers had introduced.

The five of them had nodded and one by one, shook the producers, the directors and the MTV staff’s hands. As soon as their introduction was over, they gathered back around the producer and waited for him to continue.

“As you may know, Fear is an actual reality show in which we find and observe the most scariest and haunted places on earth, and we send people or contestants, such as yourselves, to observe the unknown activity that takes place. Your fear is being tested, hence the name of the show, and the longer you can withstand your fear, the more money that you bank. Normally, we would hide the stash of money throughout the haunted area so we could send you guys out to find it, but since we’re making a comeback, we decided to give the game a little twist. First off, no one will be voted out nor will they be able to leave the game. In the past, we had people who were voted out for not keeping their end of the bargain, or had decided to leave because they couldn’t handle fear. You five are permanently set to play this game to the end… if one person cannot complete their mission, another will have to take over while another mission is being devised for the one who couldn’t come through to accomplish their objective. There will be times where we will send two or three people out at the same time, have at least two people to stay back and navigate their team members. You five will be assigned different colors to be referred to, for that’s how the computer will judge who is to do what.” the producer explained.

All of a sudden, a mass of MTV staff had approached the boys with gears and had strapped them up, their equipment each having a different color. “Kevin Richardson is blue, Howie Dorough is red, Brian Littrell is white, AJ McLean is yellow, and Nick Carter is green. You guys will be residing in a safe house that we had built over the months and this is where you’ll stay if your not doing a mission or if we decide to call it a night. No one is to leave the safe house at any time unless they have a mission to accomplish. If someone isn’t able to complete the mission, the suggested color cannot leave the safe house to continue the mission until the other person has returned. I have to tell you that your safe house is a long walk from the haunted place you will be investigating, but all that will be explained to you as why it is once you reach the safe house. You will be investigating an area, acres and acres of land, known as Satan’s Playground. The computer in the safe house will explain everything you need to know, from the origin to the stories that had accumulated over the years. Now, without further questioning, please grab each other’s hands and create a chain.”

The five of them had stared at the producer in puzzlement, and had slowly turned to stare at each other, wondering why they had to hold each other’s hands. Just as they slowly and hesitantly grabbed each other’s hands and had created a train, a black blindfold was draped over their eyes and was tied loosely behind the back of they’re heads. They stood in a line, from oldest to youngest, and one of the MTV staff people had grabbed Kevin’s hand and had led him over to a large van. Once they had piled each and every one of them into the van, they drove off to their destination, all the while being blindfolded.

Almost half an hour later, they felt the van come to a slow stop, indicating that they had reached their destination. They were all guided out of the van and was guided over to where they assumed the safe house to be.

“You have walkie talkies to use in order to communicate one another,” the producer had informed them. “you also have handheld camcorders to record anything and everything on your little… expedition. If you have noticed, we have taken away all cell phones, pagers, basically any device that can be used to contact anyone. We also took away any electronic devices you may have packed away in your luggage, for the only equipment you will be needing and using is the ones that was already provided for you. Good luck fellas…”

They heard someone open a door and had felt themselves being led into a room. Once the door had closed and everything was silent, the five of them had removed their blindfolds, looking around their new surrounding. There was five cots lined up against the wall in a row, a small bathroom off to the side, and right across from their cots was a desk and a computer, which had the word “FEAR” as the screensaver. They slowly approached their cots and had noticed that they each had a crucifix that hung above their beds. The quilts that covered the bed was also color coded, Nick having the very first bed, followed by AJ, Brian, Howie, and Kevin had the last bed at the end.

“Damn… I feel like the Spice Girls!” AJ joked as he dropped his duffle bag on top of his yellow quilted bed.

Nick chuckled as he came from behind, placing his things down on his bed beside AJ’s. “No kidding… although no one was appointed pink.”

As soon as they all had settled down and had placed their belongings on their own separate cots, Kevin had walked over to the computer, the other four crowding around him and staring at the computer.

“Hello, and welcome to Fear.” a computerized voice had said. “I would like to start off by saying that there are hidden cameras set up everywhere in this safe house in which it will be recording every bit of action that happens in this house. The rules should’ve been explained to you already, the equipment should’ve been distributed to you all already, and you each should’ve been assigned a different color. That leaves me only to explain the origin and your missions. The area you will be investigating is known as Satan’s Playground. It was a hospital that was constructed in the 1960’s, around the same time the Salem Witch Trials was occurring. This hospital facility contained over a hundred hospital rooms, a small chapel, a morgue, and a rehabilitation room for the psychotic. Upon constructing this hospital, architectures discovered archeological findings of what they believed to be dated all the way back to when Jesus was born. They believe that these acres and acres of land is where Lucifer had befallen when he fell from Heaven. Since that time, man had been created and from there on, buildings and structures were built, over the area where they found the artifacts. It is believed that nothing can be built over the dead, for if it is, the deceased will never be able to live in peace, nor will the people who wander that area. For many years, strange occurrences took place, from missing people to murdered children, all of which could never be explained. Most people want to believe that there was a murder on the loose who always manages to wipe his tracks clean… many believe otherwise. There was a specific case that occurred just 15 years ago… in the year of 1990. Five children were wandering Satan’s Playground one day, playing a simple game of truth and dare. They managed to drag their game onto the grounds of the hospital, waking the dead in the process. Four of the five were mysteriously killed while one of them managed to escape, the survivor being a female. Many restless souls wander these grounds… having that said, do you believe in ghost? It’s up to you to decide… for the only way you can answer the question is if you disturb them. You will hear things, you will see things, you will feel things… my only advice to you is not to scream.”

The five had them had glanced silently at each other, wondering if they should or shouldn’t proceed on with the game. “Assignment number one… this mission will only acquire two colors… lucky color red and white. Red, you will be blindfolded while white navigates you to the building. White, you will be instructed from color yellow how to navigate red to their destination. Once the two of you reach the building, yellow will continue to instruct white on how to enter the hospital and where and when to depart. Once you are inside, white, you will walk red into the hospital room all the way at the end of the corridor. Once you have red inside the room and close the door, it is your job white to walk the lower level of the hospital and inspect the area, see if you can feel, see, or hear any abnormal activity. Meanwhile, red, you will sit in the hospital room in complete isolation. From the time you enter the room and the door is closed, you are allowed to remove your blindfold. You will remain in that room and investigate any activity that occurs in that specific room. You will stay in that room for approximately ten minutes, having no contact with anyone until your ten minutes are up. Yellow will then contact you when your time is up, and white will then get you and you will both make your way back to the safe house. No one may leave the safe house during or after the mission unless instructed otherwise. Let the games begin…”

Both Howie and Brian had walked away from the computer, strapping their equipment back on and bringing the various devices to life. Kevin had rose from his seat and had approached the two, helping them to strap up. Meanwhile, AJ had taken the vacant seat, where Kevin was presumably seated, and Nick had slightly nudged AJ over, sitting on the edge of the chair.

“Well losers… wish us luck!” Brian joked while trying to adjust the weight of the equipment.

Both AJ and Nick flipped them the middle finger, their eyes still glued to the computer.

“Are you sure they wanted AJ to navigate us?” Howie had muttered to Kevin, obviously loud enough for AJ to hear.

“Oh no… we’re gonna die! You know, I could’ve swore that the computer appointed blue to be the navigator… either that or they made a mistake…” Brian had said before AJ could even retaliate.

AJ had turned around, ready to say a comeback, but he refrained from doing so once he saw Brian quickly exit the door, a hesitant Howie following suit.

“Bastard…” AJ had mumbled as he grabbed the head set from off the desk and had placed it on his head. He waited for a couple of seconds and then clicked the button that said “continue” on the computer. “Alright… Brian, can you hear me?” AJ asked while trying to adjust the mouth piece of the walkie talkie headset.

“Loud and clear…” Brian soon replied.

AJ nodded to himself and had waited for a little longer, quickly scanning over the map and the instructions that was displayed on the computer. “Have you place the blindfold on Howie yet?”

There was silence for a while, but then Brian’s voice cackled in. “Yes ma’am…”

AJ could only roll his eyes at Brian’s humorous behavior. “Alright, now here’s what your gonna do…”
Let The Games Begin... by rebellious_one
“It says here, as soon as you blindfold red, white, it is your job navigate him safely through the forest to your destination.”

Brian rolled his eyes as he tied the blindfold around Howie’s head, a little too tight. “Well duh, I know that… do you mind telling me which direction to take?”

“Well, lets see…” he heard AJ mumble as everything fell silent. “Where are you guys?”

“We’re right outside the damn house!” Brian groaned, at the same time, he could hear Kevin release an exasperated sigh and it had sounded like he had slightly shoved AJ out of the way due to AJ’s yelp. “My god Alex, they have sensors on them… all you need to do is follow these color dots to see where they are headed, dipshit!” Kevin snapped.

There was silence for a moment, and then Brian could hear AJ resuming his role, sighing heavily. “Alright… now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, it says that you guys will just continue to walk a straight path until you come across a bunch of trees…”

“Uh… AJ…” Brian had started, wanting to get on his nerves. “There’s trees all over this damn place…”

“Trees, forests, bushes… whatever the hell you wanna call it!” AJ snapped, eliciting chuckles from the rest of them. “You know what I mean… just follow the straight path and lemme know when you come across a bunch of trees or a forest!”

Brian nodded to himself and fell silent, cautiously and slowly guiding Howie by a piece of rope they were given to hold on to. His hand held one end of the rope while his other shone the flashlight over the grounds they were walking, making sure there was nothing in the way that could cause Howie to trip. As they continued walking in silence for a while, Brian had made Howie come to a complete halt as he grabbed his walkie talkie and had radioed in. “Alrighty Bone… I see a bunch of trees…”

“What your gonna have to do is walk into that forest and make sure you continue to walk a complete straight path… it says that if you, for some reason, stray off your path, you will only be traveling further away from your destination. As you continue to walk this path, you will notice that the earth beneath you will start to feel as if it’s declining. As soon as you get to that point, lemme know so I can continue.”

Brian strapped his walkie talkie back into its holster and had slowly guided Howie through the trees that loomed high above them. As soon as he felt themselves walking down a hill, he grabbed his walkie talkie out from the holster. “So, the earth is declining, there’s a bunch of trees… what do we do now?”

“If you look straight forward, you will notice that the earth comes to an end, the declining leading to the edge of a cliff. If you look to the right of you, you will notice a wooden bridge that they say is sturdy to walk across. It was built ten years ago, so it’s still in fairly good condition. Your gonna cross that bridge and just walk straight. You’ll soon come across a playground and just radio me once you reach the playground.”

Brian lightly tugged on the rope, signaling Howie to continue walking. They both walked over to the wooden bridge. He glanced over the edge of the cliff and had seen a raging river ten feet below them. He closed his eyes and started walking across the bridge cautiously, dragging a slow Howie behind him. His heart continued to pound rapidly within his chest as the bridge swayed dangerously back and forth. He quickened his pace, pulling a surprised Howie along. He didn’t understand why Brian was all of a sudden walking quickly, but he remained silent and had just let Brian lead the way.

Once they got to the other side, Brian shone his flashlight all over the area, in search for the playground. Walking a little further up, he could faintly see a set of swings in the distance. They both started walking towards the swings, and sure enough, they found themselves on the playground.

Brian grabbed the walkie talkie that was fastened into his holster. “Okay, speak to me Boner!”

“Alright, as soon as you reach the playground, you should see a big building in the distance… do you see it?”

Brian strained his eyes and could only see complete darkness. He shone his flashlight straight ahead and faintly seen the massive building. “Yups…”

“Now, what your gonna do is walk over to that building and walk inside. Once inside… shit, you know what to do!”

Brian chuckled and began making their way towards the large building that was in front of them. As they continued to walk in silence, he heard Howie swear under his breath and felt him come to a stop.

“What happened?” Brian asked as he turned around only to find Howie trying to hold his injured toes, wobbling in the process.

“Obviously, you weren’t watching where we were going and I stubbed my foot into what I would think is a boulder!” Howie replied through clenched teeth.

Brian snickered, but quickly fell silent when he could feel Howie’s stare through the blindfold. After a minute or so of resting, they resumed making their way towards the building. All of a sudden, all the humor that was inside of Brian had left him, being replaced by sudden uneasiness and fear. He’s been trying to pass off what he felt or thought by being the humorous of the bunch, he was honestly scared shitless in doing something like this, and he had strong feelings against the fact that they would be conjuring spirits. He believed that the deceased should be left alone to rest in peace, but yet here he was, disturbing the peace, something that he felt was strongly going against his faith.

Howie could feel Brian’s nervousness as he could feel Brian hesitantly making his way towards the door while pulling him along. Part of him wanted to already call it quits, for the sake of Brian. Deep down, he knew how Brian felt about messing with the dead, he was actually surprised at the fact that he managed to pass the situation off like nothing. And the other part of him wanted to complete the mission, hell, every action was being filmed and was soon to be televised to over thousands in the world. He wanted to prove himself, as well as his four brothers, that they’re not just your average boy band. Hell… they weren’t even a boy band, they wanted to be consider a vocal group, but as they told everyone in various interviews, the phase of being offended at the term “boy band” had passed, and they could care less at what anyone called them… as long as they called them something. He just wanted to prove to everyone that they were indeed humans, just like everyone else, and there was nothing superior about them. They have their faults, they embarrassing moments, their fears… and he felt that doing this show would only prove to the world what he has been trying to tell everyone… that they’re only humans and they’re just like everybody else.

Howie’s thoughts were soon broken when he heard Brian’s voice speaking into the walkie talkie. “Alright Jay… we’re here…”
One Down, Couple To Go by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Hmm, I'm wondering since this is such a short and small chapter, if I should post the other two chapters describing Brian and Howie's mission... what to do, what to do...
“Once you enter the building, it is your job white to walk red into the last room at the end of the corridor on the first floor. Once you walk him into the room and close the door, radio me in so I can instruct you on how to do your job. Red, you will remain in that room in complete isolation for ten minutes. You are not allowed to contact me or Brian at anytime during your ten minute isolation. As soon as your time is up, I will notify you, then I will notify Brian to come and get you alright?”

Brian didn’t respond this time, he simply placed his walkie talkie back into its holster and had pushed open the large glass doors that led into the hospital. Particles of dust had snowed down the front of his shining flashlight, making his only source of light a bit pale. He remained at the entrance, shining his light down the long corridor. He had to walk all the way to the end of the hallway, place Howie in the end room, and walk all the way back by himself. Howie, on the other hand, remain blind until that door closes, and all he has to do is sit in that room in complete silence for at least ten minutes. Brian couldn’t tell which mission he would rather do, he didn’t know if he had it worse or if Howie did.

He began pulling a blind Howie down the long corridor, slowing down every once in a while to catch a glimpse of one of the hospital rooms where the door seemed to be ajar. When they got to the end room, they found the door completely wide open, as if expecting and waiting for Howie. Hesitantly, Brian led Howie into the room and had sat him on a chair that was situated across the room. Once he sat Howie down, he had walked back towards the door, turning around and he just stood there, staring at him, hesitant to leave him alone. After he released a heavy sigh, he slowly closed the door which created a creaking noise as the hinges were being bent out of it’s rusted state.

He pulled his walkie talkie out of his holster and had held it close to his mouth. “Alright AJ…” Brian started, allowing his head to rest against the closed door. “One situation down… couple more to go…”
Shadows - Howie by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Lol. If this story sounds a bit... off to you, I wrote this story like... maybe four or five years ago. But, here's a new chapter... I guess I'll be posting two new chapters, the first one being Howie's mission and the other new chapter being Brian's mission. =)
Once the door had closed, he fumbled to remove the blindfold that had been tied so tightly around his head. It took him a while to adjust his eyes to the darkness, but he could finally seen the outline of certain objects through the darkness. He rose from the chair he had been sitting on and began to roam the darkened room. He pulled his flashlight from out of it’s holster and had turned it on, shining it all over the room. The quilts on the bed were dirty and musty, but the bed itself seemed so inviting and comfortable. He seen a broken TV that was placed on top of a broken dresser, and the curtains that draped down the window were ripped and filthy.

He turned back towards the broken TV and dresser and began making his way towards it. He reached out his hand to touch the dresser, but quickly withdrew, fearing that he would create a noise somehow or would cause the dresser to break even more. He observed the aged dresser, letting his fingers drag across the dust that seemed to be collecting on it. His eyes glazed upwards, but his head snapped up when he saw a dark shadow dart across the reflection of the TV. Quickly he turned around to see if anything or anyone was behind him, but there was nothing except for the bed and chair.

As soon as Howie turned his head back towards the TV, he didn’t seem to notice that a male appeared out of nowhere, his body was restrained to the bed that was once vacant. The man was thrashing wildly in his constraints, making no noise whatsoever. All of a sudden, he stopped struggling, and he began shaking, his head lolling up to look at Howie. His face was long, as if someone had pulled his jaw downwards, and his eyes were wide open, white with dilated pupils, glaring at the back of Howie’s head. All of a sudden, a low moaning noise was being released from the man’s gaping mouth, gradually increasing in pitch.

Hearing this made Howie freeze in his place, all the hair in the back of his neck standing at full attention. Part of him wanted to whirl around to see what it was that was making that moaning noise, but the other part of him wanted to remain rooted to where he was, his back facing whatever that was making that noise. He slowly and hesitantly turned around only to see nothing behind him. The man that was tied to the bed was gone, which Howie had no clue that the man was even there. He released a heavy sigh and had let his tense shoulders sag. He’s been watching too much of “The Grudge” lately.

He made his way back towards the chair and had sat down, anxious to get back to the fellas and tell them what he heard and saw, anxious to know if his mind was playing tricks on him or not, anxious to get the hell outta there.

As he continued to drift further and further into his thoughts, he didn’t notice that a sudden darkness was surrounding him, slowly enclosing on him. He didn’t seem to notice the corners of the room oozing out darkness as if someone had taken a bucket of black paint and had let its thickness trickled down the four corners of the room. He didn’t seem to notice a male’s long and droopy face, looming above him, his enlarged white and dilated eyes glaring upon him. He didn’t even seem to notice that his room was now completely consumed by darkness.
The Lost Girl - Brian by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Here's the second chapter, Brian's mission. =)
“Besides wandering the first level of the hospital, is there anything specifically that I’m keeping a lookout for?” Brian had asked AJ.

“Well, it says here that your wandering the level that a little girl used to wander herself. Her name was Bernadette Williams, and she was the young daughter of the well-known cardiologist surgeon, Harry Williams. Says here that he would bring his daughter to the hospital with him almost every day, she would keep the ailing children company and would entertain the elders with her light humor and talkative ways. One day, she strayed into a hospital room which contained a psychotic killer. Somehow, he had lured her in to talk story with him and had promised that if she visited him everyday, he would give her anything she wanted. Being as young an vulnerable as she was, she believed him and had not known anything of his murderous ways. She continued to visit him on a daily basis, sneaking past the nurses that lingered around his room and had lied to her father, telling him that she would be with the sick children when in actuality, she was visiting with this older man. One day, the man had locked young Bernadette within his room and had raped her continuously, continuing to beat her until she fell silent and limp. Later that day, one of the nurses had found Bernadette’s bloody and limp corpse on the hospital bed, and the man was nowhere to be found. Rumors have it that her spirit wanders this level of the hospital, for this is where she used to play and the hospital room on this level was where the nurse found her body.”

“Thanks for the enlightening story Jay…” Brian retorted sarcastically. “This will now probably haunt me for the rest of my life knowing that I’m disturbing their peace… and it’s all thanks to you!”

“Hey, you can thank Howie and Kevin later when you get back! I wasn’t the one who decided to do this! Anyway, people say that she appears in a white gown, a dress that was placed on her corpse for the funeral, and her face is battered and bloody. She is considered the Lost Girl because she is known to follow anyone she comes across. Says here she’s harmless, but setting your sights upon this girl will scar you for life.”

Brian suddenly froze, not wanting to continue on with the mission. What if he came across Bernadette and she decided to follow him, even after this show is done. He couldn’t let her spirit interfere with his life, let alone the life of his family. He slowly continued to walk down the corridor, not turning to see that there was a figure of a small girl standing in each and every dark hospital room he passed. He came to a stop at a large staircase that was near the entrance of the hospital.

He could only stare up at the long staircase in frustration as he pulled his walkie talkie from out of his holster. As soon as he turned away from the staircase, the little girl soon reappeared right behind him, standing on the steps. Her eyes looked like black orbs, hollow and shallow. Her flesh was decayed to a point of no recognition. Her face was black and blue, stained with her crimson colored blood. Her flowing brown hair was strewn across her face, her dried blood causing it to stick to her decomposing cheeks and forehead. Some of her fingers were bent in such an awkward position, and her white gown was decorated with splatters of dried blood… her blood. She slowly reached out her bent hand towards Brian, but quickly withdrew when he started walking away.

“AJ, do you know how to navigate or what? I’m walking in what seems like circles, and I still didn’t come across anything!” Brian complained.

There was silence for a while, and Brian’s heart began to beat faster when he feared that something had happened to them. Maybe they lost contact, maybe those three were only playing games with his mind… yeah, that’s it! They’re known for pulling pranks… they’re probably just ignoring him right now just to get on his nerve and have him scared shitless, well, he wasn’t gonna give in to fear that easily.

“Bri… I… not… vigating… anywhere… supposed to… first level… about it…”

Brian stared at his walkie talkie as if it just had bit his hand off. He slightly turned around in circles to try and get a better reception, but came to a stop when he found himself gazing in the mirror.

“What did you say… you were breaking up and I couldn’t understand one word that you said…” Brian said, continuing to stare at the oval mirror that was perched up on the wall.

“I said that I am not navigating you anywhere… your suppose to investigate the first level by yourself and that’s about it!”

But Brian didn’t respond, he only continued to stare in the mirror that was covered in grimy dirt. The mirror reflected the staircase that was behind him, and even through the grime that covered the mirror, he couldn’t miss seeing this dark figure of something or someone standing at the top of the stairs. Though it was nothing but a darkened black shadow, he could see that it was clearly in the form of the young girl AJ told him about. Bernadette… the Lost Girl.

Right at that moment, he fell speechless at such a sight. Though he couldn’t see her mangled features, seeing a dark shadow of her was enough for him. He continued to stare at the mirror, watching as the shadow slowly crept down the stairs. It didn’t seem to float down or walk down, it simply just disappeared and then reappeared down the next step, slowly appearing closer to Brian.

Brian quickly turned around to look up at the stairs, seeing nothing on the steps. As he continued to face the staircase, Bernadette’s mangled and decomposed face appeared in the mirror behind him. The dried blood was completely gone, exposing nothing but her decaying flesh, cracked and wrinkled, making her appear older than she really was. The black orbs of her eyes were soon replaced with white orbs, staring blankly at the back of Brian’s head, and soon, her pupils rolled up from the back of her head, leaving her staring widely at Brian.

“Alright Rok… time is up!”

Brian had almost jumped through the roof when he heard AJ’s voice unexpectedly cackle through the walkie talkie. He grabbed his walkie talkie and had took a deep breath in hopes to calm his racing heart and panting breath. “Okay…” he replied, hoping that AJ couldn’t hear the trembling in his voice. He began making his way towards the end of the corridor, down to the last room where Howie was kept. He continued to walk down the hallway in silence, little Bernadette following close behind him.
First Mission Complete by rebellious_one
“So… how was it?”

Brian could only shudder as he began to take off the gear that was strapped to him. “Well, let me just start off by saying that I think Bernadette found me… and I’ll admit, I’ve never felt fear like that in my whole freaking life! So here I was right, thinking I wouldn’t come across anything unnatural or something, but then I see this shadowy… figure of this young girl standing at the top of this staircase.” He paused for a while only to receive three uncertain stares. He soon made the sign of the cross, “I swear man… normally, anyone could tell you that they see shadows pass by or something, but I could see this spirit as clear as day man…”

“How ‘bout you D.?”

Howie looked up from where he sat on his bed, continuing to dissemble the gear he was forced to wear. “I don’t remember much of anything happening… I mean I could’ve swore I saw something pass me, but I was convinced that it was my mind playing tricks on me. What scared the hell outta me though was that I heard this low, moaning noise that came out of nowhere. It was low at first, and slowly, in began increasing in pitch, kinda like that noise from that movie ‘The Grudge’”

The three of them just stared at Brian and Howie in silence, not really knowing what to say. AJ simply turned in his chair to face the computer once again and had clicked the “NEXT” button that was on the screen.

“Mission Accomplished. This completes day one of ‘FEAR’, you have tonight and tomorrow morning to get all the rest you need. Be prepared at exactly 7:00 tomorrow evening to complete two missions that await three amongst your team. Good night.”

They all stood there, staring at the computer in silence. AJ rose from where he sat and had turned to the fellas, clasping his hands together. “Welp, time to catch up on some beauty sleep, cause obviously some people need it…” he said, peering over the top of his sunglasses, to show that he was directing his comment to all of them.

“Now, now AJ… lets not get conceded here and start talking about yourself…” Nick retorted.

Before AJ could respond, he quickly snapped his mouth closed when he noticed Howie easing himself down onto his cot, closing his eyes. “Wow…” AJ muttered as he walked over to his own cot.

Kevin soon followed suit and as soon as he had laid down on his cot, he was out as if someone had thrown a stone at his head. Brian sighed, “I don’t see how they can be blessed with such a gift…”

“What, the gift of sleeping or the gift of snoring really loud?” AJ questioned, both he and Nick chuckling at his joke.

Nick collapsed down onto his cot and had just lied there on his stomach, turning to look at Brian. “Hey Rok… did you really see something, I mean, you weren’t just saying that to freak us out right?”

Brian released a heavy yawn and had stretched out his arms. “Now, am I the type to go and start stories for the pleasure of it all? I’ll leave that to AJ…”

“I do not go around and start telling people stories for the pleasure of it!” AJ defended, sitting down on the edge of his bed, removing his sunglasses and placing it on the side. “Well… I do, but lets not leave it to me like I’m the only one who does this!”

“Name one person who does this beside you Jay…” Nick said, propping himself up from where he laid.

AJ fell silent for a while, and then began to stutter, gesturing his hand towards Nick. “You went a made a freaking comic book dude… so, don’t even get me started!”

“He’s got a point there Nick…” Brian replied, crossing his arms across his chest and shrugging.

Nick snapped his head over towards where Brian was standing. “So what, your gonna stand up for him?!?”

“No…” Brian sighed. “but I am gonna beat you two senseless if ya’ll don’t shut the hell up and go to bed!”

“Dude, I would love to see that…” AJ laughed. “I know your old and you’re a father and all… but I bet you a grand and my left nut that I can kick you’re ass, and Nick can kick you’re ass with one hand tied behind his back!”

Brian cringed, “First of all Boner, I’ll take the grand, but I don’t your left nut, you can keep that for yourself cause you’ll be needing that.” Nick began to roar in laughter, but quickly ceased his laughing fit when he received a glare from AJ, and saw that both Howie and Kevin were tossing in their cots. “Second of all,” Brian continued, in a softer voice this time. “I don’t think you can cuss on MTV. Hearing you cuss on MTV is like hearing you cuss on the Disney channel.”

“Then I suppose that you heard the Osbournes cuss on the Disney channel too?” AJ fired back, while pulling off his shirt, revealing a wife beater beneath it.

Nick sighed, “Alright kids, I’m trying to get some sleep here… so why don’t you two shut the hell up and try to do the same…”

Brian stretched out and yawned once more while AJ had let himself fall backwards onto his cot. “Hey Nick, could you check to see if we locked the door?”

“Why don’t you do it?” Nick questioned back, barely raising his head to respond.

“Your bed is closer to the door…” Brian replied, walking over towards his bed to un-tuck the sheets and quilt that was snuggly tucked to his mattress.

Nick turned his head to the side to look at the door. Once he realized Brian was right, he quickly buried his face back into his pillow. “Well, your still standing…” he shot back, his voice muffled by his pillow.

Brian groaned and decided not to bicker any further. “Both you and AJ are a pain in the ass…” he muttered, not actually meaning for his comment to be heard.

“What ever happened to ‘don’t cuss on MTV’, and since when did the pain Nick and I cause you move from your head to you’re ass?” AJ had suddenly asked.

Brian could only chuckle as he leaned his head against the door, twisting the deadbolt on the door. He all of a sudden pulled away from the door, staring at it as if it had bit him. He couldn't pinpoint what the exact feeling was, but it felt as if something or someone had grazed past him, their presence slightly brushing past him. He began walking away from the door, back over towards his cot, not knowing that on the other side of the door, on the outside, stood little Bernadette, waiting for them to come out once again.
Day 2 by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Yay, another daily chapter!! =)
“So… here we are again, on day two of ‘FEAR’, and right now it’s… 7:00 I believe. We’re prepared… we’re ready to rock and roll, and… lets go see who these lucky three people are, shall we?” Nick abruptly turned the camera away from his face and began to walk over towards the computer, where AJ was seated and Kevin was looming above him.

“Assignment number two… this mission requires two colors yet again, but this time it will be yellow and green, blue will navigate. Yellow will investigate the upper level of the building while green investigates the lowest level of the building. You will investigate these areas for about ten minutes, blue will then inform you when your time is up.”

AJ had rose from where he sat, walking over to his cot to begin strapping on his gear. Meanwhile, Nick had followed him from behind, trying to shove the camera in AJ’s face.

“Nick…” AJ had said in a warning tone, straightening up to look in the camera. “Get that outta my face right now and go get ready…”

Nick pulled the camera away from AJ’s face and had lowered it. “Well, someone’s not happy…”

“There’s a lot of things that don’t make me happy…” AJ sighed, while strapping on his gear. “and one of them is doing this mission with you…”

Nick just stared at AJ’s back, watching him get ready. He then shoved the camera into Brian’s arms, who just happened to walk by, and he began to strap on his own gear. AJ had turned to glance over at Nick, watching him get ready in such a stern state.

“Oh lord Nick!” AJ groaned. “I was just freaking kidding man… there’s nothing wrong with me, I’m not unhappy… can’t you take a freaking joke?”

Nick glanced over at him, the stern look still plastered on his face. “I can take a joke Bone… it’s all good, I know you were just joking… just getting ready like you told me to do, that’s all.”

AJ sighed, turning away to walk over towards the computer as he began to bring his various devices to life. “Alright ladies, locked and load, we’re ready to go…”

“Whatever,” Kevin groaned in response. “Nick, you all ready to go?”

Nick looked up from where he stood and nodded, “Yups… lets get this done and over with…” he replied while walking right out the door, not turning around to say another word.

AJ peered over his sunglasses at the three of them. “Well, someone’s eager…” and with that, he left the safe house, closing the door behind him.

Kevin rolled his eyes and had placed the head set on. “Alright, first off you two are gonna go to the same building Howie and Brian had went to last night…”

There was silence for a while, but then AJ’s voice cackled through in reply. “We know where the hell we’re suppose to go, getting there is the problem dipshit…”

“He wouldn’t be able to stop cussing, even if his life depended on it…” Howie said with a groan, shaking his head.

Kevin snorted and shook his head as well, knowing Howie was right. “Well, you navigated them yesterday… can’t you remember your own directions?”

Everything fell silent from there on, Kevin waiting for AJ to bust in frustration, but AJ, on the other hand, wasn’t gonna give in for Kevin’s enjoyment that easily. “Your right Kevin… I should be able to remember the directions from last night, and if I’m correct, I think we’re supposed to turn right around in our tracks, march up to this little playhouse that’s right behind us, and kick your ass!”

Kevin snickered and began to rub his forehead. “Alright, take it easy Jay before you start losing more of your hair… faster!” Kevin continued before AJ could snap at him. “All you gotta do is go straight until you come across a forest. Once you do, you will wander into the forest until you find a bridge. You will then cross that bridge to the other side and you should see a playground in the distance. As soon as you see that playground, you will see a large building a little further from there. That’s your destination.”

There was silence for a while. “You suck a navigating, you know that?”

“So I’ve been told…” Kevin replied in a cocky tone. “Alright, I don’t want to hear another word from you AJ until you guys get to the building!”

That being said, the room fell silent. Ten minutes of silence passed, until AJ’s voice cackled through on the walkie-talkie. “Alright… we’re inside the building.”

Kevin nodded and clicked on the “NEXT” button that was displayed on the computer screen.
Waking The Dead by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Hey guys!! Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the reviews!! =) I am really glad that you guys are enjoying this story!! Here's another chapter to fuel your curiosity, maybe even your fear!! ;)
“AJ, you will ascend you way to the upper level of the building, and Nick you will descend to the lower level. You will investigate your specific areas for approximately 10 minutes. There will be no communication to be had with us whatsoever, but you guys are able to communicate with one another, to share what you guys feel, see, or hear. I will then notify the both of you when your time is up, and you both will wait for each other in front of the stair case and wait for further instructions.”

AJ slowly walked over to the staircase and just stared up into absolute darkness. Meanwhile, Nick was walking down the corridor, inspecting each room as he passed by.

“Your time starts… now.”

Just as Nick began to make his way down the hall, AJ stopped him. “Maybe I should wait for you to get to where you gotta go…”

“Yeah… and while your at it, can you hold my hand?” Nick retorted sarcastically.

AJ simply flipped him off and watched as he began to walk down the long corridor, fading into the darkness that clouded the building. AJ sighed and stared up the stairs again, wondering what the hell he was about to get himself into and beginning to have second thoughts.

He slowly and cautiously placed his foot on the first step, sighing in relief when he felt that the stairs were a bit sturdy. As soon as he hit the middle step, he heard a sound of something sharp scraping across the aging wooden floor. He quickly whirled around, only to find a black cat sitting at the foot of the staircase, licking it’s paws as if nothing was wrong. The cat suddenly stopped cleaning it’s paws to glance up. AJ simply smirked, and the cat hissed in return.

Shrugging, AJ turned around to continue making his way upstairs. As soon as he took another step and he looked up, he found himself rooted to where he stood. Ahead of him at the very top of the stairs stood a black shadowy figure. Nothing could escape from his mouth, the only sound that was heard was wood cracking, and the only thing he could remember was feeling himself fall and being consumed by darkness.
George Pelowski by rebellious_one
Nick continued to walk down the corridor, walking slower with every door he passed by. As soon as he got to the end of the hallway, he stopped in front of the room he was expected to go in. The door was slightly ajar. He slowly walked in and had felt the side of the wall, looking for the light switch. While he was looking for the switch, he didn’t notice that young Bernadette was standing behind him, staring at him.

All of a sudden, there was a loud crash that interrupted Nick’s search for the light switch.

“AJ!” Nick had shouted, but as soon as he turned around, the door slammed shut in his face, locking him in the basement. “C’mon Jay, this isn’t funny man…” Nick had shouted. “Haha, you’ve got me laughing, but the jokes over now…” he remained silent for a while, not hearing anyone on the other side.

He turned around and had leaned against the closed door. He wouldn’t lock me in here, would he? he asked himself. He knows I’m afraid of the dark. He pulled out his flashlight from his belt and had switched it on, shining it all over the basement. He began to descend doen the stairs, looking from side to side. As soon as he got to the bottom of the stairs, he just stood there for a while, taking everything in for the first time.

“Nick, where’s AJ?” a voice had cackled through his walkie-talkie, which caused him to jump a little.

He removed his walkie-talkie from his belt and had clicked the button. “How am I supposed to know? He was to go upstairs, and I’m downstairs… I’m like, locked down here.”

“Well, I’m trying to contact him, but there’s nothing… something must’ve happened to his walkie-talkie or something…”

Nick sighed, “Okay, that’s great, but were you listening to a damn word I was telling you? I’m locked down here… which means I have no way out… which also means that someone better haul ass down here to get me outta here!”

“Look, just do what you have to do for now… I’m gonna keep trying to get in touch with Bone, and I’ll contact you when your ten minutes is up… starting from now.”

Nick latched his walkie-talkie back onto his belt and began to roam the room. Dust particles snowed in front of the light he shone. “Great…” he groaned. “Now my allergies are gonna kick up…”

He continued to walk around until he felt his foot kick something, he looked down and seen that he had walked into a box. He shone his light down and had seen that there was more than one box; there were boxes that were stacked behind it. He knelt down and had opened the box he walked into, pulling out various old and dusty packets. Dust moths had eaten away at the paper, making the words hard to see. He placed his flashlight upwards, so the light shone up, and he began to open the packet.

He pulled out x-ray and cat scan sheets, looking it over. In the corner of the sheets had a name displayed in small print. His eyes squinted as he strained to read what it said. “George Pelowski…” Nick had read out loud to himself, that name was on both the x-ray and cat scan sheets. He placed it on the side and began to pull out even more papers that was in the packet, it was stat sheets on George Pelowski.

He placed the packet itself on the side and began to dig through the box again, stumbling across various photos and memorabilia. He looked down on the side of the box and had dusted off the dirt that was caked on. As soon as he wiped the dirt away, he read “GEORGE PELOWSKI” written boldly on the box. He picked up his flashlight and had shone it over the dozens of other boxes, and sure enough, it also had George Pelowski written all over it.

He placed all the stuff he had removed back into the box and had closed it, positioning it the same way he saw it. Just as he rose up off the ground, he seen one box that said, “GEORGE PELOWSKI -- DO NOT OPEN!” written on just one box out of the other dozen. Being the curious blonde he was, Nick bent down towards that one, abnormal box and had reluctantly opened it.

He began to scream as something had flew out of the boxes, attacking his face. “Stupid moths…” Nick grumbled as he began to cough, the dust in the atmosphere was suffocating the little amount of oxygen there was to circulate through the basement. He looked into the box and had seen that there was nothing but diaries and books inside. He removed one of the diaries and had opened it, the hardcover and pages creaking and wreaking of age. He blew the dust off and began to read the words that were written italicized boldly, written in all capitals.

“COME LITTLE CHILDREN, FOLLOW ME AND YOU WILL SEE
THAT THERE IS NO HARM NOR SIN IN PLAYING WITH ME
TELL SOMEONE, ANYONE THAT YOU’LL NO LONGER BE AROUND
FOR ONCE YOU PLAY, YOUR SOUL IS APART OF MY PLAYGROUND…”


Nick cringed as those words plagued his mind, this man must’ve been psychotic and thought he was Satan or something. He flipped through the pages and came across an entry that caught his interest.

“THE DEED WAS DONE… THERE’S NO REVERSING TIME NOW, POOR LITTLE CHILD… SO NAĎVE, SO VULNERABLE, SO SWEET. HER FRAGILE SNOW FLESH WAS DELECTABLE, HER BLOOD TASTED THAT OF INNOCENCE. THE MEMORY SEEMS SO FRESH WITHIN MY MIND…

THERE SHE STOOD, BY MY DOOR EVERYDAY. I WELCOMED HER WITH OPEN ARMS, AND SHE WOULD ENTER THEM. I HAD PROMISED HER THAT IF SHE HAD VISTIED ME ON A DAILY BASIS, I WOULD BE ABLE TO FULFILL HER EVERY FANTASY… GIVE HER EVERYTHING SHE’S EVER WANTED THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD EVER GIVE. HER FATHER, THE BEST HEART SURGEON AROUND, DID NOT WANT HIS DAUGHTER TO COME MY WAY, BUT MY BAIT HAD ALREADY LURED HER IN, SHE WAS MINE…"


Nick shuddered, wanting to know what he meant by “she was mine…” He turned the page and continued to read.

"THE TIME WAS NOW, I COULD HEAR HIM CALLING ME, TELLING ME IT WAS TIME TO STRIKE. AS ALWAYS, SHE WALKED INTO MY ROOM, HER CHOCOLATE BROWN CURLS BOUNCING ON HER SHOULDERS, AND SHE JUMPED UP ONTO THE BED. I TOLD HER THAT I COULD MAKE HER SEE SOMETHING THAT WAS BEYOND ANYTHING SHE HAS EVER SEEN. WITHOUT A FIGHT, SHE ALLOWED ME TO PLACE THE BLINDFOLD OVER HER EYES. AS SOON AS SHE WAS BLINDFOLDED, I BOUNDED HER ARMS BEHIND HER BACK, PLACING HER EVER SO GENTLY ONTO MY NOW EMPTY BED. I GOT UP AND HAD WALKED OVER TO THE DOOR, MAKING SURE IT WAS LOCKED. I WALKED BACK OVER TO HER AND PERFORMED THE RITUAL. I TOOK EVERYTHING HER YOUNG, INNOCENT LIFE HAD TO OFFER… BLOOD, BREATH, LIFE… VIRGINITY."

Nick’s eyes widened, the words AJ had said to Brian last night replayed through his head. “One day, the man had locked young Bernadette within his room and had raped her continuously, continuing to beat her until she fell silent and limp.”

George Pelowski was the one who had raped young Bernadette and had beat her to death. He turned the page and continued to read on.

“HE FED OFF OF HER, EVERYTHING FROM EATING HER FLESH, TO DRINKING HER BLOOD, TO CRUNCHING UPON HER BONES. HER SOUL WAS HIS NOW, SHE BELONGED TO HIM, BUT HE NEEDED MORE. HE PROMISED TO GIVE ME LIFE AFTER DEATH, TELLING ME GOD WOULD NEVER GRANT ME WITH SOMETHING AS WONDEROUS AS THIS. I SIGNED MY SOUL TO HIM, SO I COULD COMMIT HIS DEEDS. HE WOULD CONTINUED TO FEED, THE BLOOD HE DRANK MAKING HIM STRONGER, AND THEN, WHEN JUDGEMENT DAY ARRIVES, HE SHALL RISE ABOVE AND FACE THIS GOD THAT EVERYONE WORSHIPS… HE SHALL REPROCLAIM HIS THRONE ABOVE, AND HE SHALL FOREVER REIGN IN HIS REALM DOWN BELOW. ALL HE NEEDS IS FLESH AND BLOOD TO FEED UPON, AND THEIR SOULS SHALL DO THE REST.”

There was a sudden chill that blew past him, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand at full attention. There were no windows where he was, there was barely even oxygen circulating throughout the room, but the chilly breeze blew past him. He quickly closed the book, something telling him that he had to get out of there now. He place the book back into the box and had closed it, placing it back where he got it.

As soon as he rose up and turned around, he found himself gasping, frozen on the spot. There was a young girl standing at the base of the stairs, her black orbed eyes staring blankly at him. A white gown covered her decaying body, and her mouth was agape in such an awkward way. All of a sudden, she disappeared, and had reappeared right in front of him, her mangled hands reaching out to touch him.

He couldn’t scream, he couldn’t close his eyes, he couldn’t turn away. Something kept him there, keeping him from moving or screaming.

“GET OUT… NOW…” a voice was emitted from the young girl, being a mixture of voices rolled into one. Nick could barely make out what she said, it was so quick and hushed, but it wasn’t as if he didn’t understand what she said.

One blink of his eye, and she was gone. He didn’t waste anytime in sprinting upstairs and towards the door. He grabbed the doorknob and had jiggled it, but it was still locked. He began to pound on the door, screaming out, but the door didn’t budge. He grabbed his walkie-talkie and had radioed in. “Kevin… Kev man, come and get me now, I can’t finish this damn dare… please!”

He waited a while for an answer, but there was none. A voice then cackled through, but it didn’t belong to Kevin. “GET OUT… NOW…”

Nick stared at the walkie-talkie, his mouth hanging open, he then felt a presence behind him for some reason. He willed himself not to turn around, but curiosity got the best of him. Slowly, he turned around and had let out a blood curling scream.
Get Out... Now by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Another chapter to let you guys down a little from the mean cliffhanger I left you guys on. Lol.
Everything around him was spinning at such a fast pace, he couldn’t focus on just one thing. He tried to push himself up off the ground, but he winced when he felt a pain coarse through his right hand. He brought his hands in front of him, observing it, and he seen something dark on it. Using his left hand, he picked up his flashlight from off the ground and had clicked it on, but nothing came out. He shook it for a while, finally getting a faint ray of light to burst out. He shone the light down on his right hand and seen that it was drenched in his own crimson blood. How in the hell did that happen? He wondered to himself.

It wasn’t till later when a familiar coursing pain hit his head. He raised his uninjured hand and had felt the back of his head, feeling a bump and more cold blood. “Shit…” he muttered.

Using his left hand, he pushed himself off the ground and had ripped the bottom part of his wife beater beneath his shirt. He took the torn material and had wrapped his bloody right hand, trying his best to tie it as tight as he could. He picked up his flashlight and had shone it upwards, observing the hole he had fallen through. The hole wasn’t that hard to get up out of, it was his only escape.

Just as he was about to pull himself from up out the whole, he froze when he heard voices wiz past him. He couldn’t make out what the voices were saying, the only thing that came clear to him was a voice that said, “GET OUT… NOW…” the voices began to close in on him, and he could feel them on the back of his neck, their breath whispering behind his ear, causing his flesh to prickle.

All of a sudden, everything fell silent, and he could no longer hear the voices, but what he heard was someone pounding, and Nick’s faint voice echoing throughout the building. “What ever you do, don’t scream...”

Nick couldn’t scream… they warned them that if they began to scream, they would wake the dead. AJ quickly jumped up, trying to get a hold of something he could pull himself up. As soon as he caught onto something, he began to pull himself upwards out of the hole, disregarding the searing pain that was going through his right hand. Once he was up out of the hole, he jumped off the stairs and began to sprint down the corridor, where Nick was. He came to a closed door and had ripped the door open, only to have Nick stumble out and throw his body into his arms.

“I can’t do this… I can’t, I just can’t…” Nick began to cry hysterically, never wanting to let go of AJ.

“Shh… you gotta calm down Nick…” AJ tried to soothe him, but he continued to cry hysterically. “What happened?” he had asked him.

Nick began to shake his head, as if refusing to tell him. “Look, I just can’t do this man… don’t make me do it… I just wanna go back, please…”

AJ continued to stare at him, puzzled at his odd behavior. Obviously he seen something that scared the s*** out of him, but the question is what exactly was it that scared him? He simply pulled Nick into a tight embrace, in hopes to calm his shivering form down. Why couldn’t he tell him what had happened?

“Alright, look… I’m gonna contact Kevin, okay? I’m gonna tell him that you can’t come through with this dare… your gonna have to walk back to the safe house, okay?”

Nick whirled his head to the side and stared at him, wide-eyed. “Your coming with me, right?”

Sadly, AJ shook his head. “I can’t man… I gotta stay here, I didn’t complete my dare yet. I need to stay here and wait for whoever comes, just walk to the safe house and don’t stop or turn around to look at anything, alright?”

Nick continued to stare at him, and had hesitantly pulled away from him. AJ pulled his walkie-talkie out and had radioed in. “Kevin… Kev, you there?”

He waited for a while, but then he came through. “Yeah Jay… I was trying to get a hold of you for the longest! What happened?”

AJ looked over at Nick and shook his head. “I’ll tell you later, look, Nick can’t go through with his dare… I don’t know what the hell happened, but he’s pretty shaken up.”

There was silence for a while. “Alright, I’ll see who has to take over, just tell Nick to c’mon back.”

AJ looked over at Nick helplessly. “Alright Nick, you ready? Just remember what I said… keep walking and don’t stop and don’t turn around.”

Nick just stared at the closed door, not answering him. “You can’t let them in there…” Nick mumbled.

“What?” AJ asked, leaning in closer to hear what he said.

“I said you can’t let them in there…” Nick announced a little louder. “They won’t let you in… they don’t want you in, they wanted me to leave… whatever you do, don’t let them in there AJ, promise me!”

AJ stared at him, speechless, Nick was talking bubbles now, but there was no time to sit there and fight with him. “Alright Nick… I promise.” He crossed his fingers. “Just get going, alright? And if you come across a problem, just contact me, alright?”

Nick nodded and began to walk down the corridor. AJ sighed and had looked over at the closed door, wondering what had happened in there. He placed his hand on the door knob and had slowly twisted it, silently pushing it open. He glanced inside, shining his light throughout the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, he just seen a bunch of boxes stacked on one side of the room. He closed the door, not noticing Nick’s walkie-talkie on the ground, which was picking up static and hush voices.
What The Hell Happened?! by rebellious_one
Nick busted through the door, bypassing the other three who were sitting by the computer, just staring at him. He walked straight into the bathroom and began to take his gear off. Hesitantly, Brian rose from his seat and walked towards the bathroom, staring at Nick through the mirror, watching him as he took his gear off, breathing heavy.

“Nick…” Brian softly called out, but Nick ignored him. “Nick…” he tried once more, but he still ignored him.

“Nick!” Brian finally shouted, grabbing him by the shoulder and turning him around. “What happened?” Brian asked, keeping his two hands upon his shoulder in hopes to calm him down.

Nick just stared at him, not giving him an answer. “I’m not going back in there…” was all he mumbled, and then he pushed through Brian’s hands, walking right out of the bathroom. Brian sighed and turned around, watching him as he made his way over towards his cot and had just collapsed onto it.

He walked out of the bathroom as well and sat on AJ’s cot, staring at him. “Nick… you need to tell us what happened, your scaring the hell out of us all…”

Nick began to shake his head, “Remember the story AJ told you about last night… you know, the one with the little lost girl?”

“Bernadette?”

“Yeah…” Nick sighed. “That girl… well, lets just say that I now know who killed her.”

Both Kevin and Howie turned in their seats, staring at Nick as if he was crazy. “Don’t give me that fucking look…” Nick snapped. “If you don’t want to believe me, fine… whatever! But there is no way in hell I’m going back into that building…”

“It’s not like we don’t believe you Nick…” Brian said. “It’s just… we’re just trying to understand what happened back there, and why your acting this way.”

“George Pelowski…” Nick mumbled. “The guy was George Pelowski, he was a psychotic patient that was held on the first floor, where he raped and killed Bernadette. They kept his records downstairs in the basement… where I had to stay. It was in all these boxes, everything from x-ray sheets to diaries. I… I read his diaries, and he had all this shit in there, talking about how he lured the girl into his room everyday, and how he raped and killed her. He did it out of satanic practices… he was performing some ritual, saying the lives he claimed went straight to Satan, their flesh, blood and bones fueling his hunger while their souls only gave him more power. George Pelowski was his right hand man… the only one who committed these murders for Satan… he basically signed his soul over to the devil in return. Then he goes on to talk about how when judgment day comes, he will rise from below and face God, and he will retake his place in the heavens above and all this other shit. And then… I saw her…”

Brian looked back at Howie and Kevin, who were just as confused as he was. “Her… who is her? Who did you see?”

Nick fell silent for a while, staring blankly forward. “Bernadette… she told me to get out… now…”

Before Brian could say anything more, Nick turned away, facing his back towards Brian, and in no time, he fell asleep.

“Brian, your gonna have to navigate for me…”

Kevin’s voice broke Brian out of his thoughts. He turned and looked over towards the remaining two, seeing his cousin strap up to finish Nick’s dare. He rose off of AJ’s cot and walked over to the computer, taking his seat next to Howie. “You’ll be doing the same dare?” he asked.

Kevin nodded, “Yups… gotta finish it up.”

Brian sighed, after what Nick told him, he wasn’t sure if Kevin should go in there or not. Bernadette was known as “The Lost Girl”, the girl who’s life was taken so sudden, that her soul wanders the corridor of the hospital, the girl who’s soul will never be able to rest in peace because it’s in Satan’ grasp. The girl who will follow anyone she comes across. He watched as Kevin walked out of the house, hesitantly, he clicked the “NEXT” button.
Completing Nick's Dare by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Another short chapter. =( This is when things will start to get interesting though, I promise!! =)
As soon as Kevin walked into the building, he saw AJ standing at the end of the corridor, waiting for him. “Hey man… what do I have to do?” he asked.

“Well, you need to go through this door right here, which leads into the basement. And as you know, just stay there for ten minutes, and yeah… mission accomplished.” AJ explained.

He watched as Kevin made his way over towards the closed door, watching him as he opened it and stepped into the room. He felt bad for not keeping his promise to Nick, but the missions had to be accomplished no matter what.

Kevin slowly walked into the room, taking out his flashlight and shining it all over. He quietly closed the door behind him and had began to descend down the stairs, but he stopped when he felt his foot come in contact with something. He flashed his light down and had seen a walkie-talkie. He picked it up and inspected it, concluding that Nick must’ve dropped it when he was down here. He strapped it to his holster and continued walking downstairs.

As soon as he got to the bottom, he began to inspect the room, seeing the stacks of boxes Nick had told them about. He decided not to disturb that area in anyway, Nick had already done so. He walked to the end of the basement and seen a metal stand, which had various objects on it. He observed the aging books that were shelved there and the different statues of the human’s anatomy.

All of a sudden, he heard a hush whisper breeze right past his ear. Quickly, he whirled around to see who or what it was, but there was nothing. He started to back away, accidentally knocking into the metal stand and knocking over a glass jar of marbles. He jumped when he heard the loud sound of the glass falling to the floor, shattering into millions of pieces. He looked down and noticed that the marbles began to roll down, collecting at the center of the room. Puzzled, he walked towards the center where the marbles had gathered and had pushed it away, noticing that it dipped down towards the center. As he brushed the marbles away, he also brushed away dust, which had revealed something beneath it.

Kevin stared at it, unsure of what it was. He continued to brush away the dust, which was slowly revealing some sort of picture beneath it. As soon as he cleared all the dust away, he had seen that it was a fairly large circle with a star in the middle. The symbol that was used in witchcraft, normally to conjure Satan and his legion of restless spirits.

“What the…” Kevin had said to himself, but all of a sudden, he found himself frozen to the spot. Visions of a man, performing a ritual was running through his mind. He rose up a golden cup which was filled with blood, and he began to pour it in the middle of the satanic symbol, chanting tongues at the same time. Kevin tried to shake it from his head, but he couldn’t. Voices began to rush through his ears as his mind continued to watch the man perform his ritual. All of a sudden, the man had turned and looked at him, laughing maniacally. “Kill them…” the man whispered. “More… you know what to do… catch them and kill them all!”
Second Mission Complete by rebellious_one
He began to walk up the stairs, avoiding the large hole he had created earlier. As soon as he got to the top, he looked down both corridors, left and right of him, not seeing anything or anyone. He decided to wander the left corridor first, walking down and looking through each room. Once the left side was clear, he began to walk to the right corridor, expecting each room yet again.

“Alright Jay… your time is up!”

AJ grabbed his walkie-talkie and radioed in. “Alrighty then… go get Kevin?”

There was silence for a while. “Um… yeah, it says to go get Kevin and for both of you to return to the safe house.”

AJ nodded and had clipped his walkie-talkie back onto his holster, but as soon as he turned around, he froze. At the top of the stairs stood the same black cat he saw before he fell, and it just sat there, licking it’s paws again and cleaning itself.

“Damn cat…” AJ mumbled to himself, but just as he said that, a pair of arms had reached out from by the stairs and had grabbed the cat.

“What the fuck?” AJ shouted, taking his flashlight out and shining it by the stairs, no longer seeing the arms or the cat.

Slowly, he began to walk towards the stairs, keeping his flashlight on. As soon as he turned the corner to look down the stairs, he saw nothing. He just shook his head and began to quickly walk down the stairs, avoiding the hole once again. As soon as he got to the bottom of the stairs, he began to walk down the long hallway, over towards where Kevin was. As soon as he placed his hand on the knob, the door whipped open, revealing Kevin who was just staring at him.

Seconds later, Kevin walked out and had closed the door behind him, continuing to stare at AJ in such a dark matter. “Nick forgot this…” was all Kevin said as he shoved Nick’s walkie-talkie into AJ’s chest.

AJ gasped as he literally felt the wind being knocked out of his lungs as Kevin shoved the walkie-talkie to him, did he not realize his own strength? Kevin began to walk towards the entrance of the building, a puzzled AJ following close behind.

“Yo’ man… are you okay?” AJ softly asked.

Kevin looked over his shoulder, “Of course I am… why wouldn’t I be?”

AJ fell silent and shrugged. “I don’t know… you just don’t seem like yourself, you know? You seem angry or something…”

Kevin simply chuckled and shook his head, “No Alex… I’m not angry…”

AJ’s eyes widened. Kevin never called him ‘Alex’. The last time he called him by his real name was when he found him locked up in his house, trying to overcome his hangover. None of the guys really called him ‘Alex’ unless they were really mad, if they were irritated, or if they were trying to get their point across.

“Why did you call me that?”

Kevin paused to take a look back at him. “What do you mean ‘why did I call you that’? What did I call you?”

“Alex… why did you call me that?”

“I don’t know…” Kevin simply replied, shrugging his shoulders. “That is your name, right? Alexander James McLean… what, I can’t even call my brother by his real name? You know… I really don’t know why you insisted on going with AJ, that just doesn’t suit you… AJ isn’t who you are, Alex is the real you… you shouldn’t hide yourself, you know…”

AJ continued to stare at him awkwardly. Who the hell was this talking? AJ thought to himself. “This is who I am Kevin… I have been me for the past three years, you of all people should know that!”

“Look!” Kevin shouted, turning around to face a now scared AJ. “I’m not trying to pick a fucking fight with you, all I’m saying is that you should really consider getting rid of ‘AJ’ and going back to ‘Alex’… I like that name better anyway…”

Kevin turned back around and continued walking, leaving AJ standing there dumbfounded. “Who the hell are you?” he shouted, not meaning to really say it.

Kevin abruptly stopped, still facing forward. He began to laugh maniacally, slowly turning his head to the side. Before AJ knew what was happening, Kevin shot towards him like a lightening bolt and had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, yanking a surprised AJ towards him. “Shut… the… fuck…up!”

AJ tried to wiggle out of his tight grasp, but Kevin only tightened his clenched fist around his shirt. “Get your fucking hands off me man…” AJ said in a low and warning tone.

Kevin continued to hold him in font of his face, and all of a sudden, he cracked a smile. He released his grasp on AJ’s shirt and turned around to walk away. AJ just stood there, shocked, staring at Kevin as he began walking towards the safe house. He fixed his ruffled shirt and had turned to look back at the building, before slowly and hesitantly following Kevin.
What's Wrong With Kevin?! by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Okay, so these are all the chapters that I had up at Vaffel. Now, it's gonna take me time to post up the rest of the new chapters because it's still in progress, so bare with me here. =)

*Psst, if it makes you guys feel any better, this is a LONGER chapter!! =D*
“So, how was it?”

Kevin smiled warmly, “It was fine… it wasn’t actually as bad as Nick made it to be…” he turned to look at a sleeping Nick as he said that. “said he was hearing voice… shit, I didn’t hear a thing!”

Both Howie and Brian turned to stare at him, taken aback by his sudden odd behavior. Just as Kevin was about to close the door, AJ busted in, glaring at Kevin as he did so. He brushed past everybody and walked right over towards his cot. He began to strip off his gear, tossing his stuff onto his bed.

“Hey man…” Brian called out. “What happened to your hand?”

AJ stopped what he was doing to look down at his covered hand, he forgot all about it. “I guess I cut myself…” he said before he started walking towards the bathroom. Howie looked over at Brian before he rose from his seat and had followed AJ to the bathroom as well. Brian looked back over towards his cousin and just stared at him, watching him as he too, began to disassemble his gear.

“So… did anything happen?”

Kevin abruptly turned around, “God damnit, what the hell did I say? I said that Nick was exaggerating it all; he was making it out to be worse than it really was! There was no damn voices, no fucking shadows, nothing!”

Brian simply stared at him, eyes wide. He didn’t mean to upset him or anything; he just asked a simple question. He turned back around in his seat and just stared at the computer, pretending to be occupied with the computer, when in actuality, he was wondering what in the hell was wrong with his cousin.

Meanwhile, Howie had grabbed the first aid kit in the bathroom and decided to help AJ bandage his wound. “What’s wrong man… you look pissed.”

AJ turned the faucet on, letting the cold water run over his open gash. He sighed when he felt he felt a familiar stinging and burning sensation, causing his hand to go numb once again. He looked back towards the door, noticing that Kevin had his back facing them. “It’s Kevin…” he muttered as he turned back to the faucet.

Howie turned to look at Kevin as well. “What about him… he got you this pissed off?”

“Look, I don’t really know how I’m suppose to say this, but it’s as if he changed somehow… he was fine when he walked in to continue Nick’s dare, but as soon as I went to go get him, he just… changed! He seemed angrier.”

Howie turned to look back at AJ, “Why do you think this is?”

AJ shrugged, “I don’t know… but, when we were walking back, he kept referring to me as Alex, saying that that name suited me better than AJ. And you know him… he never calls me Alex unless he’s serious or mad. I asked him one simple question, and he just snapped… he grabbed me by the fucking dude!”

Howie stared at him in shock, “Are you kidding me?!”

“Would I make up shit like that?”

Howie glanced down at AJ’s hand, grabbing the hydrogen peroxide bottle and pouring the clear liquid over the wound. AJ hissed as he watched a cluster of bubbles begin to form on his hand. He then began to shake his hand, shaking the bubbly liquid off and had grabbed a hand towel, blotting the wetness away. Meanwhile, Howie had grabbed a roll of gauze and had begun to wrap it around his hand.

AJ looked out of the door, staring at Kevin, who seemed to be pestering Brian. “I don’t know man… but if I was you, I would stay out of his way, and while your at it, keep him out of mines!” and with that, he ripped his hand away from Howie, walking out of the bathroom.

Howie turned back to the sink, cleaning up everything and placing the rest of the supplies back into the first aid kit. Once he was finished, he walked out of the bathroom and over towards Brian. He looked to the side and noticed that AJ was now on his bed, trying to be in the same state Nick was in.

“I’ll be back…” Kevin announced, making his way towards the bathroom.

AJ, Brian and Howie’s eyes followed him to the bathroom, and they broke their stare as soon as the door closed.

“Am I the only one who thinks he’s fucked up?” AJ whispered harshly.

Brian and Howie had looked back at him, watching him as he placed the pillow on top of his face. “What’s his problem?” Brian asked, and Howie had explained everything that AJ had told him.

“Are you serious?” Brian questioned

“Like AJ told me… ‘would I make up shit like this?’”

Brian shook his head, turning his head to look at the computer. He moved the mouse over towards the “NEXT” button and had clicked it.

“Mission Accomplished. This completes day two of ‘FEAR’, you have tonight and tomorrow morning to get all the rest you need. Be prepared at exactly 7:00 tomorrow evening to complete three missions that await three amongst your team. Good night.”

Brian rose from where he sat, making his way towards his cot. “Well, what do you suppose we do with him?”

Howie shrugged, raising from his seat and making his way towards his own cot as well. “Stay out of his way,” he glanced towards AJ’s sleeping form. “And keep him out of AJ’s way.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

He heard a long and deep creaking noise, which awoke him from his deep slumber. He raised his head and noticed that their door was ajar, and the wind was blowing it back and forth. He looked back towards all the cots, seeing that AJ, Brian and Howie were still sleeping, but Kevin was missing.

“Shit, you have got to be kidding me!” Nick muttered as he rose from his cot. He leaned over towards AJ and had nudged him. “AJ… Jay…” no response. “Bone… Jay you shit, wake up!” still no response. Sighing, he leaned in really close to his ear. “Alex…” he whispered in a dark tone.

Immediately, his eyes snapped open and he flung his fist to the side, lightly punching Nick in the head. He could’ve sworn it was Kevin, whispering in his ear, but he later realized that it was Nick.

“Son of a bitch!” Nick exclaimed.

“Nick, what the fuck are you trying to do?” AJ whispered harshly. “Trying to give me a goddamn heart attack?”

“Now, why would I do something like that?” he replied sarcastically. “What are you trying to do, reconstruct my goddamn face?”

“I tried to do that years ago, and you're still ugly as hell! Now, what in the hell do you want?”

“The door’s open.” Nick replied, pointing to the swinging door.

AJ just stared at him, not believing the fact that he had woke him up to tell him that the damn door was open. “My, aren’t you an observant little boy? Why don’t you stand up, walk over towards the door, and close it. And do you know what that would mean? That would mean that the door’s closed.”

Nick rose up off the ground, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “Well, if you would have let me finish what I was gonna say, you wouldn’t have made yourself look like a complete jackass! Anyway, the door’s open and Kevin is missing.”

“Well, halle-freaking-julah! He can stay out there for all I care! Now please, let me go back to sleep, I was having the best dream of Pamela Anderson until you ruined it.” He went to lay down, but was only yanked back up by Nick. “What the fuck?”

“Does every damn word that comes out of your mouth have to be a swear word? Now, I don’t know what you have against Kevin, and I don’t care, I’m just asking you to help me find him, that’s all.”

AJ stared at him, and then glanced at the door. He kicked off his covers, “I can’t believe I’m gonna go out there in my fucking boxers and wife beater to look for some jackass… hurry up, lets go!”

Both he and Nick walked out of the safe house, not hearing or seeing anyone. “You go that way, and I’ll go this way.” AJ said as he began to walk towards the area he appointed himself to go in. Nick began to walk the other way, glancing in every direction. Minutes passed, and they ended up meeting each other again.

“Anything?” AJ asked him.

Nick shook his head. “Nope… you?”

AJ shook his head as well. “Nada…”

They stood there for a while, until a drop of water had landed on Nick’s head. Nick wiped away the drop of water on his forehead, looking down at it. Before any of them could say anything, rain began to fall hard and fast, drenching their wife beaters and boxers.

AJ just looked up at Nick as water began to run down his face. “Should I kill you now or later?”

Nick looked away from AJ’s glare, but then he saw something, more like someone in the distance. He squinted, the rain blurring his vision. “Kevin?” he shouted.

AJ looked towards where he was looking through the woods. He saw Kevin standing there, at the edge of the cliff, as if he was preparing to jump off. “Kevin!” AJ shouted this time.

They both began to sprint into the woods, over to where Kevin was standing. They skidded to a stop, the mud and grass caked on their bare feet. “Kev?” Nick mumbled, but Kevin didn’t turn around. He simply rose his arms in the air, and began to fall forward, off the cliff.

“Kevin!” Nick exclaimed, rooted to the spot. AJ quickly sprung into action and lunged towards Kevin, catching him and yanking him backwards. They both fell back, Kevin landing on AJ”s smaller form.

“Oh my god…” Kevin exclaimed, pushing himself off of AJ and sitting on the wet and muddy ground. “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god…”

Nick continued to stare at Kevin as AJ got up off the ground. “Don’t worry, I’m fine!” AJ said, wiping off the mud that was now stuck to his boxers and wife beater.

“What’s wrong with him?” Nick asked, watching Kevin’s odd behavior in puzzlement.

AJ shrugged, “Beats the hell out of me, but if we don’t get back into the safe house soon, we’re all gonna be sick as hell!”

Nick knelt down in front of Kevin, who was still rocking back and forth, muttering “oh my god”. “Kevin.” Nick called out, but he didn’t respond. “Kevin.” He said a little louder this time, but Kevin still ignored him. All of a sudden, Nick rose his hand and slapped him across the face. AJ smiled as he watched Kevin’s head snap to the side.

Kevin placed his hand on the cheek Nick had slapped. “What was that for?”

“Well, you we’ve been calling you for the longest, and you didn’t say anything. You mind telling us why you were about to jump off this damn cliff?”

Kevin looked past Nick and seen that he was indeed about to jump off the edge of the cliff. “Oh my god…” he said again. “I don’t know… I don’t remember anything. I just remember falling back, that’s all. I… I don’t even know how in the hell I got out here!”

AJ scoffed, “Bullshit!”

“Jay, help me.” Nick said as he began to pull Kevin up off the ground.

AJ averted his eyes to Nick, “Uh-uh, you asked me to help you find him, you said nothing about helping his ass back to the safe house.”

Nick’s eyes widened at AJ’s reply. “I can’t believe you… who the hell are you?”

At that being said, AJ’s eyes widened in return. That was the same question he had asked Kevin when he had gone whacko on him. He looked down at Kevin, who seemed weak, shivering from the cold rain that drenched his body, and the cold wind was helping matters. He seemed vulnerable and normal, he seemed like the real Kevin again.

“C’mon…” AJ mumbled, grabbing Kevin by the arm and helping Nick to raise him off the ground. Once they got to the safe house, AJ helped Kevin to sit on the chair and had went back to close the door. Meanwhile, Nick had began to dig through Kevin’s suitcase, looking for a warm pair of clothes he could change into.

AJ began to walk towards the bathroom until Kevin’s arm shot out and had grabbed him by the forearm. AJ’s heart rate quickened, and he quickly whirled around to pull his arm away, but he found himself staring into a pair of soft green eyes. “Thank you…” he mumbled softly, his grasp becoming lighter and gentle. AJ only nodded his response as he pulled his arm away and continued to make his way towards the bathroom.

Nick pulled out a pair of fresh boxers and sweat pants and a sweat shirt for him to change into. “Here ya go…” he said as he handed it to him. Kevin rose from his seat and had walked towards the bathroom; he stopped and stared into the mirror at AJ. He just stood there, watching AJ as he unwrapped his injured hand and had allowed the water to wash over the freshly opened bloody wound.

“How did that happen?” Kevin asked.

AJ slightly jumped at his voice, he was oblivious to the fact that he was standing behind him the whole time. “I fell and I either scratched or stabbed my hand on something… I don’t really know.”

“That just happened recently?”

AJ shook his head, “No… when I was inside doing my dare. Do you need to use the bathroom or something?”

“Well, why is it bleeding again?”

“I guess I reopened it when I pulled you back from jumping off the damn cliff.” He quickly shut off the water and had whirled around to face him. “What’s with all the questions?”

Kevin shrugged, feeling uneasy under his glare. “I’m concerned about you…”

AJ chuckled, “Funny, before this you didn’t give a damn about me…”

He grabbed a hand towel off the rack and had wrapped it around his hand. He then grabbed the first aid kit and walked out of the bathroom. Kevin sighed and closed the bathroom door, changing into his new pair of clothes.

“I’m going back to bed…” AJ said as he brushed past Nick.

“In your wet clothes?” Nick asked, looking down at his soaked wife beater and boxers.

AJ looked down as well; he was too busy being angry that he forgot that his whole body was wet. He ripped off his wife beater and began to pat his body dry with his hand towel. “Turn around and don’t look.” He said as he pulled out another pair of boxers and a shirt.

Nick did as he was told and turned around, staring at the closed bathroom door. What in the hell possessed Kevin to go out there and try to jump off the cliff. And what was AJ’s problem? There were so many thoughts running through his mind that he didn’t notice that Kevin had walked out of the bathroom and was now standing before him, trying to capture his attention.

“Nick?” he continued to call out. “Hey man, are you alright? You were just… standing there.”

Nick nodded, “I’m fine… sorry about that. Are you done with the bathroom?”

“Yeah,” he replied with a nod, moving out of the way so Nick could walk into the bathroom.

He turned back towards the cots and was about to lie on his until AJ’s sleeping form caught his attention. He continued to stare at him, wondering why he had hated him so much. He couldn’t remember what he had done to him, he didn’t even know what he was about to do himself. Why in the hell was he about to jump off a cliff? What’s wrong with me? He thought to himself.

Pulling the covers on his cot back, he climbed in and snuggled in, pulling the covers back over his entire body. He was freezing cold; he wouldn’t be surprised if he caught pneumonia. His eyes drifted close, but would snap open every once in a while. Sleep was going to be a problem for him.
Possessed by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Well, here's a short chapter that I worked on today/tonight, and I'm starting on the next chapter right now. Does anyone find it highly unusual for Kevin to be acting this way?! Hmm... well, when you read this chapter, you'll see what I mean. Sorry it's so short, and I think it might leave you guys on edge, again. Sorry!! =)
His eyes snapped open, his body drenched in sweat. He slowly rose from his bed, his eyes glazing over the darkened room. For some reason his heart beat was rapid and he found himself panting. He placed his head in his hands and began to massage his temples, in hopes to ward the nagging migraine that struck him so suddenly.

“Catch them… kill them all…” a demonic voice kept whispering to him.

His eyes immediately snapped shut, and his hands found their way into his hair, fisting a clump of it and tugging it from his scalp. The voice in his head kept getting louder and louder, more demanding. He began to pound his fist into his head, hoping that it would rid him of the satanic thoughts, but it only made it worse. When he opened his eyes, he seen George Pelowski standing before him.

“Catch them…” he told him, a dark grin plastered on his face. “Catch them and kill them all…”

In that instant, he felt fine, the voices, the menacing migraine left him. He glanced over to the person who was situated next to him, which happened to be Howie. He rose from his cot and walked towards the middle of the room, standing in between AJ and Brian’s cot. He looked them all over; Nick was tightly wrapped within his blanket, as was AJ. Brian was lying perfectly on his back, while Howie was turned on his side, the blankets not covering his body.

“Kill them…” He heard George’s voice from behind, whispering into his ear. “You know what to do, kill them all.”

Kevin grabbed his pillow from his own cot and made his way over towards his cousin, who was sleeping peacefully. He looked down at his unconscious form, watching as his chest rose and fell. He rose his pillow and placed it over Brian’s face.

“I’m sorry Brian…” he whispered in a dark tone, a voice that did not belong to him.

At the mention of his cousin’s name, his eyes widened. He looked down and gasped, realizing what he was about to do.

“Oh god…” he choked out, quickly backing away and letting the pillow fall from his grasp.

He kept backing up until he felt his back hit the wall, and slowly he slid down it. He drew his knees up, hugging it close to his chest. “Oh my god…” he kept muttering over and over, tears streaming down his face.

Brian’s brows knitted in confusion as he heard a small voice muttering something over and over within his sleep. His eyes fluttered open and he tried to stifle the yawn that he felt coming. At first he thought that he was only hearing that small voice whispering something in his dream, but grew puzzled when he still heard it. He rose from his cot to find Kevin sitting against the wall, his knees drawn up to his chest.

“Kevin?” he called out softly, his puzzlement quickly leaving him, being replaced with concern. When his cousin didn’t answer him, he called out to him again. “Kevin?” but still, no answer.

He got up and made his way over to a distraught-looking Kevin, who kept whispering to himself. When Brian finally got closer, he realized Kevin kept whispering “oh my god” over and over.

He placed a reassuring hand upon his shoulder, which seemed to snap him out of the trance he was in. “Kevin, what’s going on?”

Kevin looked up at him, nothing but a blank stare. At the sight of his cousin, he broke down and started to cry, realization hitting him again that he was about to kill his own flesh and blood cousin. “I’m so sorry Brian…”

He immediately reached out towards Brian, grabbing him and pulling him into a tight hug. Brian’s eyes widened in shock as he felt himself being pulled into a hug, but all he could do was slowly wrap his arms around Kevin’s emotional form.

“What are you talking about?” Brian questioned him as he continued to hold Kevin in the hug.

“I’m just so sorry Brian… I can’t believe…” Kevin trailed off.

Brian backed out of the hug and tried to stare into Kevin’s eyes through the darkness. “What? You can’t believe what?”

“You gotta do something… do something before I do, please…”

Brian was growing more and more confused by the second. “Kevin, look at me and calm down. I don’t understand what you’re talking about… you need to explain to me what you want me to do.”

Kevin simply stared at his cousin, tracks of tears staining his cheeks. He was slowly beginning to realize that there was no way out of this situation, no way to get rid of the voices in his head and no way to fight the evil entity that was trying to take him over. No way except…

He grabbed Brian into a hug again, a fresh batch of tears running down his face. Slowly, he moved his mouth towards Brian’s ear and whispered, “Kill me.”
Day 3 by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Okay, I'm trying my best to at least post an update everynight, which has got me writing around the clock, so bare with me here. Keep the reviews coming, because it only fuels me to write more frequently and keep you guys updated daily. =)
Today was only day three, they had four more days to test their fears in front of cameras for the whole world to see. AJ glanced down at his watch, five minutes till 7:00 p.m., five minutes till they receive their next mission, something he was really not looking forward to. Sighing heavily, he rose from where he sat and made his way over to the kitchen nook area to pour himself his fifth cup of coffee.

Howie seemed to notice AJ’s agitation. “What’s with the coffee AJ?”

AJ turned towards Howie, sipping his cup of Joe and grimacing at the taste. “I’m tired as hell dude, and this is some shitty ass coffee. You would think that MTV could at least afford some decent tasting coffee, but instead they give us this shitty stuff they normally leave in hotel rooms.”

“Are you getting sick?” Howie suddenly blurted out.

AJ shook his head as he sipped his horrible tasting coffee once again, “No, why?”

“I don’t know,” Howie shrugged, “You do look a little pale…”

“Oh, Nick didn’t tell you about the little excursion we decided to take early this morning?” AJ sarcastically asked as he passed by Kevin, eyeing him in the process.

Howie looked over at Kevin as well and noticed that something was wrong with him, definitely wrong with him. Come to think of it, something was wrong with everybody. Kevin remained quiet, as if in a deep trance of some sort. Brian was quiet as well, trying to busy himself by messing with his set of gadgets. AJ was clearly agitated, and it looked like he was falling ill, but was doing a damn good job in hiding it from everyone. And Nick simply looked exhausted, he sat in front of the computer, head propped up on his knuckle, trying so hard to keep himself awake.

“What are you talking about?” Howie finally asked him.

AJ shook his head and sighed, “Nothing dude…” he looked down at his watch again, seeing that it was 7:01. “Oh shit, it’s 7:01 you guys.”

They all made their way over towards where Nick was, which was sitting right in front of the computer. “Assignment number three, this requires two colors, blue and red; green will navigate. There are two rooms you will be surveying tonight. Blue, it is your job to go down to the morgue of the hospital and see if you pick up any paranormal activity. Red, your job is to go into patient George Pelowski’s room.” at the mention of that name, Nick gasped. “This is the room where he brutally raped and killed young Bernadette Williams. This map here shows you how to get to your designated rooms. To both red and blue, I highly suggest that you use your thermostat mechanism to help you pick up any abnormal activity that may occur within the area you will be surveying.”

Kevin mutely walked away from the computer and made his way over towards his cot, strapping on all his gadgets, not long after Howie followed suit and did the same. As soon as they were done, they both walked out of the house and followed Nick’s instructions to the hospital.

“Please radio us back when you find yourself standing outside of the hospital.” Nick told them, placing his walkie talkie down on the desk.

Brian decided that since Kevin was gone, he would ask AJ what he meant in the whole “excursion” question he asked Howie earlier. “AJ, what were you talking about earlier?”

“What was I talking about earlier?” he repeated, looking over towards Brian in confusion. “What did I say earlier?”

“I don’t know, you asked Howie if Nick had told him about the little excursion you guys decided to take early this morning.”

AJ had completely forgot that he made that remark to Howie, who had seemed to just brush it off. “Oh. Nick had woke me up early this morning to inform me that Kevin was missing.” Brian’s face twisted in puzzlement, but AJ continued on. “The door was left wide open and Kevin was missing, so we both went out, in nothing but our boxers and wife beaters mind you, to go and look for him. We finally found him about to…” AJ broke off, realizing for the first time what he was about to tell his cousin, and wondering if he should tell him.

“About to?” Brian asked, wanting him to finish his sentence. “Found him about to do what?”

“He was about to jump off the damn cliff.”

Brian’s eyes widened in shock, he couldn’t believe that he slept through all that. “Wh… what?”

“Look, we don’t know what the hell he was doing or why he was about to do it. Hell, he kept muttering “oh my god” over and over. When we asked him about it, he said he couldn’t remember anything and he didn’t know what he was doing. But when he was standing on the edge of the cliff and when we called him, he just turned and stared at us with this… blank stare, like there was nothing behind it. After he looked back at us, he looked out yet again and started to fall forward. I caught him and drug him back and away from the edge, and it was like he just snapped out of whatever the hell world he was in. At that moment, he didn’t have a blank stare, he just looked… lost.”

Brian couldn’t believe what he was hearing, his cousin trying to commit suicide, but why? “Oh my god… no, this can’t… there’s something wrong with him.”

“I thought we established that a long time ago.” AJ replied bitterly.

“No, you guys don’t understand, we… he woke me up this morning too.” Both AJ and Nick looked over at Brian, waiting for him to continue. “I mean, he didn’t actually wake me up… I heard this small voice saying “oh my god”. At first I thought I was just dreaming it, but when I woke up I still heard it. Through the darkness I could see Kevin, sitting against the wall, knees huddled up close to his chest. After I snapped him out of his daze, he just grabbed me in this hug, apologizing to me. I was baffled by it all, but I just held him in that hug, thinking it was just a nightmare he had or something. Then he went on to tell me to do something… do something before he did. He was crying and I was trying my best to calm him down so he could explain to me what he wanted me to do and that‘s when…” he cracked, memories of him saying what he said to him last playing through his mind, messing with his emotions. Tears began to well within his eyes, “that’s when he told me to kill him.”

“Rok, are you serious?” AJ asked him, not wanting to believe it, but sadly Brian just nodded his head. “What the hell is going on…”

“Nick, we’re here.” Kevin’s voice cackled through on the walkie talkie.

They all found themselves staring down at the walkie talkie Nick had placed down on the desk earlier. Sighing heavily, Nick picked up the walkie talkie and clicked “NEXT” on the computer screen. “Okay…"
Strange Occurrences by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Aha!! New chapter!! Finally, a new update!! Sorry for keeping you all waiting, but here's another chapter and I'm working on the next chapter so I'll hopefully get that out soon, hopefully by tonight (well, in Hawaii's case) or tomorrow!! Reviews are COMPLETELY welcomed!! Lol. =)
“Upon entering the building, Kevin you are to go straight, all the way down the long corridor. Once you hit the end, you’re gonna take a right and go down to the end. Once you hit the end of that, you can either go left or right, you’re gonna take a left and go down that corridor where you should see two swinging doors at the end, that’s the morgue. Howie, you are to right once you enter the building and look for room 106, that is George Pelowski’s room. Once you reach your designated areas, contact me so I can further instruct you.”

Kevin took a deep breath in and relieved a heavy sigh. Howie took notice to this, “You okay man?”

Kevin glanced over at him, then focused his eyes on the long, dark corridor. “Yeah, why?”

Howie shrugged, “I don’t know… you seem like you really don’t want to do this.”

“No, I’m fine.”

“You sure, you know we can always have someone else complete the dare for you,”

“Look, I said I was fine!” Kevin all of a sudden snapped.

Howie was taken aback, his thoughts wandering back to what AJ had told him last night about his behavior and staying out of his way. “Okay.”

Kevin sighed again, “Howie… I’m fine, it’s just… I didn’t get much sleep last night is all. I’m sorry.” he wasn’t about to tell him that he attempted to commit suicide and kill his cousin.

Howie slowly nodded his head, “Okay man… good luck.”

As Howie began to walk away towards the room he was instructed to go to, Kevin looked back down the dark corridor. He was rooted to where he stood for a while, visioning shadows lurking in the darkness, beckoning him. After what seemed like forever, he finally took his first step, slowly and cautiously walking past each and every room.

As soon as he got to the end, he took a right and stopped in front of the door that was behind the staircase. He knew this room, it led down to the basement, to the place where he had to complete Nick’s dare. He could feel a strong presence lingering there, hushed voices filling his head all of a sudden. Kevin shook it from his head and pressed on, finally reaching the end of that short hallway, coming to a fork. He looked down the right side, seeing more rooms down the hallway. He looked down the left side and seen the two swinging doors at the end; the morgue.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Howie continued to walk down the hallway, searching for room 106.

“105...” he mumbled to himself, stopping when he noticed that the room after 105 didn’t have a number.

He walked up to the door, bringing his hand up to the left side of the door frame, where the numbers were suppose to be. Slowly he brushed his fingers back and forth, dusting off the dirt and muck that was caked on it, revealing the number “106” beneath it.

“Room 106...” he said to himself as he placed his hand on the doorknob, slowly twisting it and pushing the door open.

The door creaked and groaned, protesting rather loudly due to the fact that it wasn’t bothered for years. As soon as he opened the door all the way, he walked in, instantly noticing that nothing was out of the ordinary, it looked just like the hospital room he was in two nights ago.

“Okay Nick.” Howie radioed in. “I’m in room 106, what do I have to do?”

“All you have to do is stay in that room and see if you can detect any paranormal activity. Use your thermostat mechanism to pick up any temperature changes. Walk around the room to see where in the room the temperature changes the most.”

“Gotcha.” Howie replied as he placed his walkie talkie back onto his holster, grabbing his thermostat and bringing the device to life.

He began walking around the room, scanning his thermo wand over the different objects in the room. As he continued to survey the room, he failed to notice that the door had closed, locking him in the room.

“Whoa…” he said as he started to move his wand over the bed. He took out his walkie talkie from his holster, “I’m picking up strong activity over near the bed.”

“What’s going on?” Nick’s voice cackled through.

“Temperature drop… and it’s steadily decreasing…” He remained silent for a while, looking on the thermo screen to see where exactly on the bed the temperature was decreasing, but as he moved towards the side of the bed, the temperature started to increase. “That’s weird…”

“What is it? Is it still dropping?” Nick questioned him.

Howie shook his head, as if he could really see him. “No man, I don’t know… towards the middle of the bed, the temperature drops, like dramatically, but towards the side of the bed the temperature increases just as fast as it dropped…”

All of a sudden, Howie gasped, his mouth immediately falling agape. “Oh… my… god…”

“What is it Howie?! What the hell is going on?” Nick quickly asked, turning concern with the way Howie was acting. Both he and Brian rarely say the Lord’s name in vain, and to hear him say it meant something serious.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I was to tell you this…” Howie all of a sudden whispered.

“I think it’s hard not to believe anything anymore, try me.”

“My thermostat is picking up a hot temperature… and I can clearly see a figure…”

“A figure?! A figure of what Howie?”

“A thermo figure of a man…”
Kevin's Second Encounter by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
AHH!! It's a freaking update!! LMAO. I can't believe it, and I'm the author of this damn story!! Well, to those who have been waiting for an update and staying loyal to this story, thanks a bunch and here it is!! May not be a lot, but I'm actually back on a roll with this story (broke through the writer's block with this story) and I'll be posting another update real soon!! Expect a lot of updates for this story, because I want to give back to those who have been patiently waiting for an update for this story. So, without further adieu, I present to you... the next chapter of Satan's Playground.

*Btw, you can post an update for "Thirteenth Step" Mare. =]*

“Nick, I’m in the morgue.” Kevin radioed in as he pushed the swinging doors open, walking into the darkened room.

“Okay, what you’re gonna do is…”

“Wait, wait, wait…” Kevin interrupted, “Hold up, I gotta look for a light switch or something.” after a few moments of groping the wall, he finally found a switch and tried to flick it on, coming up with nothing. “Shit.”

“What is it?”

“No light.” He replied, taking out his flashlight and clicking the light on. “This will have to do, alright continue on…”

“As you know, many of the hospital patients that didn’t make it were placed here. Says thousands of corpses have been in and out of this morgue, which also means that there are thousands of stories behind the corpses. Many of the deceased patients were either brutally beaten and later died or brutally murdered, all by the hands of one man…”

“George Pelowski.” Kevin finished Nick’s statement.

“Yeah. Due to the fact that technology wasn’t as advanced during that time, the dead bodies were kept on ice because they didn’t have individual freezers to keep the bodies in.”

Kevin shone his flashlight over the place, noticing that what Nick was saying was right. In the walls of the morgue were hollow squares, hollow and big enough to place a body within it. The cobwebs that decorated the inside of the hollow squares glistened as he shone his flashlight over it.

“What’s my mission?” he asked, continuing to observe the morgue with the little light he had.

“You’re to climb into one of the hollow squares in the wall and lay in it for at least ten minutes.”

Kevin fell silent, waiting for Nick to continue on, but he didn’t say anything more. “That’s it?” he asked.

“For now.” Nick replied. “I’ll radio you back once your time is up.”

Kevin only nodded as he fastened his walkie talkie back on his holster. He shone his light over all the squares, looking for one that seemed decently clean, but they were all equally covered in cobwebs and muck. He finally settled on one and shone his light into the hollow square he chose, wondering if he’d even be able to fit his large frame inside. Sighing heavily, he began to remove all his equipment from off his body, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to fit in there if he still had his equipment attached to him. He placed all of his belongings on a nearby medical table and had kept the flashlight with him.

Closing his eyes, he stuck his hand into the hollow opening and grimaced when he felt the webs automatically stick to his hands. He tried his best to break away the webs that decorated the hollow square, and quickly pulled his hand out when he felt something crawling on his flesh. He looked down and saw a large spider on his hand, which was now trying to crawl up his arm. Kevin quickly shook his hand around, dislodging the spider. He shone the flashlight into the hollow square once again to see if it fairly clean enough for him to climb in; he knew he wasn’t going to get it any cleaner than this.

Sighing heavily, he placed the end of his flashlight in his mouth and hoisted himself up so he could crawl into the hole. He went in, feet first, into the hollow opening, trying to slide himself all the way in. When he felt his feet touch the end wall of the opening, he tried to maneuver himself within the small space, trying to get himself comfortable. He was laying on his back, and when he finally found a slightly comfortable position, he took the flashlight out of his mouth and placed it on his chest. There was hardly room for him to move his arms, so he kept his hands clasped together on his stomach.

He laid there in silence, letting his senses take over now, waiting to hear or feel any paranormal activity. Four minutes passed, and his eyes were already becoming heavy, his body growing stiff. He hadn’t heard or felt anything out of the ordinary yet, but he felt himself beginning to doze off with every second that passed by. When his eyes would fall shut, he would snap them open, trying hard to keep himself awake. He glanced down at his watch, he was only at five minutes now; five more minutes to go. He sighed heavily as he felt sleep trying to overcome him again, and this time he gave in. His eyes fluttered closed and he allowed himself to be surrounded by the darkness.

“Catch them… kill them all…”

Kevin jolted awake upon hearing that voice. He quickly glanced around, or at least tried to in the small space he was crammed in. He looked down at his watch, noticing that he had been laying in there for twelve minutes now. Placing the end of the flashlight back into his mouth, he began to maneuver himself out of the small, hollow square.

When he got his upper torso out of the hole, he found himself stuck, something pulling on his legs. He tried to tug his legs out, which only resulted on something, or rather someone, pulling on his legs harder, trying to pull him back into the hole. When he looked down to see what was trying to pull him back in, he saw the face of a male. His eyes were pitch black, and his flesh was ashen, dark colored veins accentuating his hollow cheeks. His decaying hands were attached to Kevin’s legs, his claw-like fingers digging into his pant legs.

Kevin’s eyes widened and he gasped as he feverishly struggled to get himself loose and out of the hole. He began thrashing wildly within the small confines, feeling himself inching out slowly. With one last tug, the grasp was dislodged and Kevin flew out the hole, landing painfully on his back. The back of his head made immediate contact with the hard ground, causing him to cry out in pain. A throbbing ache shot up and down his back while his head pulsated. He felt a cool liquid reach the back of his neck, but he couldn’t even move. He laid there helplessly as he tried to fight himself from falling unconscious. His eyes began to flutter, and when he was finally able to wrench them open, he saw a man standing before him, hovering over him.

“Catch them… kill them all…” the man said as he glared down at Kevin.

Kevin could no longer fight it, he felt himself slip into darkness.

Unexplainable by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Wow... here's another update!! Chee hee!! Thanks to all those who flocked to read and review the update, and again, sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long!! Lol. Thanks again, and expect another update to be out real soon!! =]

“Howie… I want you to get out of that room now, abort the mission.” Nick instructed.

The three of them watched helplessly on the computer as they saw Howie’s camera turn and make it’s way to the door. They heard his hard breathing, “Shit, the door’s locked!” Howie replied.

Nick tried to keep himself calm, “Okay D., hold on… we’re gonna contact Kevin and have him come get you okay?”

Brian grabbed the walkie talkie, “Kevin.” he radioed in, but got no response. “Kevin, come in!” he glanced over at AJ and Nick when he still go no response.

“Fuck this!” AJ growled as he shot out of his chair and began making his way out of the house. He could hear Nick and Brian yelling for him, telling him not to go, but he ignored them as he continued on, sprinting towards the hospital.

When he finally reached the hospital, he ripped the doors open and ran inside, looking around frantically. “Howie!” he bellowed out, hoping he would hear a response, but got nothing. He had forgot to bring a walkie talkie with him, so he couldn’t radio in to Nick to ask him what room Howie was in.

He began making his way down the halls, shouting Howie’s name all the while. After a few minutes of searching, and coming up with nothing, he stopped in the middle of the hall, hunching over as he tried to catch his breath. He walked over towards the wall so he could lean against it, trying to regain his composure. When he straightened himself back up, one of the rooms caught his attention. Slowly, he walked over to the room, looking at the number that was printed on the outside of it.

“109.” he said to himself, noticing that the number 9 was a bit slanted and wasn’t leveled with the other numbers. He immediately perked up when a thought came to his head, “Room 106...” he muttered to himself again, as he looked back down the hall from where he came, realizing that he passed the room.

He began walking back down, the numbers on the outside of the rooms decreasing, until he finally stopped at what he assumed to be room 106. The number was slightly covered in dirt, but he found that the muck was smudged off a bit by someone’s fingers, what he assumed to be Howie’s fingers. He slowly placed his hand on the doorknob, wondering why it was so quiet on the other side.

“Don’t go in there.”

AJ literally jumped when he heard the unexpected voice and felt a hand grasp his shoulder. He quickly whirled around to find Howie standing behind him, looking… emotionless.

“Shit Howie!” AJ said as he grabbed Howie and pulled him into a hug. “I thought something happened to you man. How the hell did you get out?”

“I don’t know.” Howie shrugged. “I just kept trying to open it, and it finally did.”

“Well, you’re okay right?” AJ asked as he tried to look Howie over, “You’re not hurt or anything?”

“No, I’m fine. Brian had told me that Kevin wasn’t responding and you had came out to get us. After I finally got the door open, I got out of the room as quickly as I could and decided to go look for you.”

AJ nodded, “Do you know where the morgue’s at?”

Howie shrugged, “I’m not too sure.”

“Okay.” AJ sighed. “Do you have your walkie talkie?”

Howie nodded as he grabbed his walkie talkie from out of his holster and handed it over to AJ. “Nick, come in, this is AJ… do you read me?”

They both remained in silence for a while, waiting for a response. “AJ? Is that you?” a voice cackled through.

“Yeah man, it’s me.”

“How are you… you didn’t even take a walkie talkie with you.”

“This is Howie’s walkie talkie, I’m with him right now.”

“Is he okay?”

“Yeah, he’s fine.”

“What about Kevin?”

“That’s what I’m radioing in to you for. I need you to direct me to the morgue.”

“Hold on one second.” AJ waited, hearing shuffling on the other end of the walkie talkie. “Okay, what is your current location?”

“Right outside of George Pelowski’s room.”

“Okay, what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna continue all the way down that corridor once you come to the end. When you’re at the end, you’re gonna take a right and continue going down that way. Once you come down to the end of that corridor, you’ll find that the path forks off, either to the left or right. On the left side there should be a set of swinging doors, that’s the morgue.”

“Alright.”

“Radio us back when you find Kevin.”

“Gotcha.” AJ ended as he handed the walkie talkie back to Howie. “I can’t believe I’m asking you this, but do you want to go back to the safe house?”

Howie gave a small chuckle, “Alex, I appreciate the fact that you came all the way out here to get me and everything, but you know that I know that you’re the biggest scaredy pants, right after Nick, so you can’t stop playing macho man now.”

AJ rolled his eyes, “Shutup dude. Just thought I’d ask, but you’re stuck with me now, so don’t start crying and clinging to me once we reach the morgue.”

They both trekked down the dark corridor, walking until they reached the end. They proceeded right when they came to the end and started walking down another long and dark hallway. When they came to the end, they found the fork in the path Nick had told them about, where they either had to go left or right.

“And there’s the morgue.” AJ said as he pointed down the left side, where at the end it was nothing but a set of swinging doors.

They both began to slowly walk down towards the swinging doors, both sort of hesitant because they were afraid of what they would find. When they finally stood in front of the doors, AJ reached out to push the left swinging door inward. They both slowly and cautiously walked into the morgue, greeted by nothing but darkness.

“Isn’t there a light switch in here or something?” Howie questioned as he began to grope the wall for a switch.

“Don’t even bother looking.” AJ replied. “The lights don’t work, Kevin already tried it.” He tried to journey further into the morgue, but it was just too dark to see anything. “D., you got your flashlight on you?”

Howie pulled his flashlight out and clicked it on, causing a bright beam to blast out, illuminating the area just a tad bit. Howie now led the way, shining his flashlight all over the place, while AJ followed close behind. As they continued venturing further into the morgue, they both came to a halt when they saw a ray of light coming from the middle of the room.

AJ slowly walked towards the light as Howie remained where he stood, shining his flashlight down to the ground to guide AJ. When AJ finally reached the source where the light was coming from, he bent down to realize that it was a flashlight, Kevin’s flashlight. He picked it up and shone it over the area, hoping to find that Kevin was near. “Kevin?” he called out.

Howie began walking towards where AJ was, but came to a stop when he felt his foot come in contact with something on the ground. He shone his light down to the ground and had found a hand near his foot. Hesitantly, he trailed his light up the hand to see where, or whom it led to. “AJ?” he choked out.

AJ turned towards Howie, to find him staring at something on the ground. He quickly made his way over to see what Howie was looking at. “Holy shit.” he muttered out as he quickly dropped to his knees, “Kevin! Kev… wake up man.”

AJ began to lightly slap Kevin’s cheeks, trying to rouse him, while Howie stood there, shining his light down upon them. “C’mon Kev… get up.”

Both AJ and Howie sighed heavily when they noticed that Kevin’s eyes were rapidly moving beneath the lids. “That’s it big man…” AJ continued to encourage. “open your eyes.”

Kevin’s eyes began to flutter open, groans being emitted from him all the while. When he was finally able to keep his eyes open long enough, he focused his vision on the voice that brought him back to consciousness, seeing AJ and Howie hovering above him.

“What happened?” Kevin moaned out as he tried to push himself upwards, regretting his movements seconds later.

“Take it easy Kev.” AJ said as he kept Kevin from sitting up too fast. “We don’t really know what happened, we were kinda hoping you could tell us…”

“We found you like this man,” Howie added, “unconscious.”

Kevin groaned out when he felt a new pain hit him, rendering him motionless for the moment. “God, I don’t remember… I don’t even remember falling or whatever.”

“Shit Kev, you’re freaking bleeding man.” AJ said, noticing for the first time a small puddle of blood on the ground where Kevin had risen from. “We need to get you back to the safe house. Do you think you’ll be okay to walk?”

Kevin slowly nodded as he tried to push himself up from the ground, “Yeah, just help me get up.”

AJ rose from the ground as both he and Howie helped Kevin up. Once Kevin was up, he tried to make himself stand on his own two feet, but felt his legs betray him as he felt his knees beginning to buckle underneath his weight. AJ and Howie’s arms immediately shot out, catching Kevin before he was able to crumble back down to the ground. Kevin hunched over, feeling a wave of nausea hit him right then and there, making him feel extremely weak.

“Don’t mean to startle you two, but I really don’t know if I can do this.” Kevin panted out, his whole body feeling weary as his head continued to pound.

AJ slunk an arm around Kevin’s waist as Howie did the same. “We gotta get you back Kev, you’re bleeding a lot and you could be suffering from a concussion for all we know.”

As the three of them slowly began to make their way out of the morgue, they failed to notice a male standing in the shadows behind them, watching them menacingly as they walked away.

Taste Of Blood by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:

Okay... so the chapter title has NOTHING to do with anything... well, I guess it does, because there's a slight bicker about blood and Nick gets a glimpse, a taste, if you will, of something... you're just gonna have to read it.

Btw, I dedicate this chappy to my two dear readers/friends... Ashley (MonkeyAbu) and Sel (luna610). They've been one of the many that have been patiently waiting for an update and have continuously encourgaed and "pushed" (haha) me to work on updates for this story. Thanks girlies!! And to everyone else who has been reading, reviewing and waiting patiently for an update... thanks!! Ya'll rock and I love you all!!

Both Brian and Nick snapped their attention to the door when they heard it open, seeing AJ and Howie walk in, supporting Kevin in between them.

“What the hell happened?” Nick asked as he looked Kevin over, noticing a distant look in his eyes.

“Howie and I found him unconscious.” AJ grunted out as they walked Kevin over towards his bed. “Knocked his head hard on the floor.”

Kevin shied away from Howie’s inspection, “I’m fine.”

“You’re not fine Kev.” AJ said. “There was blood on the floor and you could hardly walk here, how you gonna sit here and tell us that you’re fine.”

“Because I am.” Kevin muttered out. “Sure I was a bit disoriented at first, but I’m fine now. Just needed to catch my bearings is all.”

Howie began to shake his head, “I don’t know Kev, head injuries are serious. You say you feel fine, but you could be bleeding inside your head or be suffering from a concussion for all we know.”

Brian nodded, “Howie’s right man, I say we call this off and get you to a hospital.”

“Look, I already said that I’m fine, we’re not calling this off.”

Nick rose from his seat, “Are you serious? Are you even listening to yourself? You’ve suffered a head injury, you don’t want to get yourself checked out at a hospital and you wanna keep going? That’s complete bullshit Kev!”

“We came here to complete a mission, and we’re not leaving until we do. We’ve only got four more days of this, and I’m fine enough to do it.”

“Will you stop saying you’re fine and just…”

“Alright Kevin.”

Nick stopped in the middle of his sentence and shot a look over towards Howie, who had interjected him and had given in to the fight. “What?”

“We’re gonna continue this.”

“Howie, are you fucking serious?”

“Yes Nick, I’m very serious. There’s no sense in fighting it… he says he’s fine, then he’s fine… he says we’re gonna continue on, then we’re gonna continue on. You’re only wasting your breath if you tell him otherwise.”

Nick glanced over at Kevin, seeing a smug look on his face. Reluctantly, he agreed with Howie, no longer wanting to go up and up with Kevin, not wanting to bring out the sadistic side of him that he witnessed the night before. He looked over at Brian and AJ, noticing that they too weren’t gonna bother fighting anymore.

“Whatever you guys say.” Nick muttered out as he made his way to the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him.

Howie looked over at Kevin, “Can you at least let me take a look at your head?”

“It’s okay,” Kevin shook his head. “I’ve stopped bleeding and I just got a headache is all. Just give me some Tylenol and I’ll be fine.”

“Please Kev. We all agreed that we wouldn’t call this off and that we wouldn’t take you to the hospital… the least you could do is let me check you over. I know you’ve said you feel fine, but… better safe than sorry.”

Kevin stared long at Howie, wanting to fight his point that he was fine, but too exhausted to do much of anything, although he wouldn’t let his weariness evident. Taking a deep breath in, he sighed heavily. “Whatever man.”

Kevin turned a bit in his bed so that the back of his head was facing Howie. “Jay, go get the first aid kit.” Howie instructed as he made his way closer to Kevin.

When AJ returned with the kit, Howie grabbed it and opened the box, pulling out a pair of latex gloves and slipping them over his hands. He reached out to the back of Kevin’s head, parting the hair matted in blood, looking for a gash or a lump. “That’s weird.” he muttered out.

“What is it?” AJ asked as he walked up beside Howie, glancing over him to inspect the back of Kevin’s head as well.

“Besides the blood in his hair, there’s nothing there.”

“What do you mean there’s nothing there?” Brian asked his time, walking up behind AJ and Howie.

“I mean what I said… there’s nothing there. No gash, no lump, no signs of direct impact to the back of the head.”

“Kevin,” AJ slowly drawled out, “You said you fell right?”

Kevin nodded, “Yeah… when I was climbing out of the hollow opening in the wall, I lost my grip and fell.”

“And you’re sure that this is your blood?”

Kevin remained silent. “Oh wait, hold on Alex, let me go bust out my handy dandy portable forensics kit and we can take samples of the blood and see if it came from me.” he replied sarcastically. “Of course it’s not somebody else’s blood! I’m sorry I couldn’t give you guys a mystery to solve Scooby and Shaggy.”

AJ scoffed and walked away, “What the fuck ever.”

Kevin stared at AJ as he walked away. “I’m fine D.” he grumbled as he moved away from Howie. “I’m just gonna go pop me some Tylenol, take a shower, go to sleep and I’ll be good as new.”

Nick emerged from the bathroom, still not bothering to say anything to anybody. He began walking towards the main room when he noticed that Kevin was walking towards him. Nick refused to make eye contact with him, instead he kept forward, just wanting to jump into his cot and sleep. As he and Kevin crossed paths, they both lightly brushed past each other, that movement alone causing Nick to stop dead in his tracks, while Kevin kept walking towards the bathroom.

Nick slowly turned around and looked over at Kevin. When they brushed past each other, Nick all of a sudden felt extremely cold, as if he had entered a large freezer. He heard hush voices, which he assumed was all in his head, but the hair on his body was standing at full attention, his flesh prickled. As soon as Kevin passed though, everything was back to normal; the room temperature was back, the voices were no more, and nothing remained but goosebumps that trailed up and down his arms. He couldn’t help than to wonder what the hell just happened, but he tried his best to brush it off.

Sighing heavily, he collapsed face first down onto his cot, inhaling the stale scent of the provided pillow and sheets, slowly luring him into slumber.

“Don’t get too comfortable Nick.”

Nick cracked his eyes open, peering over at Brian, who had woken him from his light and brief nap. “What?”

“We have another mission.”

Test Of Faith by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Wow dude. A freaking chapter. Un-freaking-believable!! I can't believe it took me this long and it took the fact of my story being featured to help push the progress along. Damn. I'm glad I was able overcome this... whatever it was preventing me from progressing on with updates, lol. I'm glad to say that I'm diligently working on the next chapter and will be having that up sometime real soon. Thank you to all those who have pushed and encouraged me, it really means a lot, more than you'll know. :)

“Another mission?” Nick groaned, “Haven’t we endured enough for tonight?”

“Tonight?” AJ repeated scornfully as he walked back towards them, “We’ve endured enough period, but some people just don’t know when enough is enough.”

Howie closed his eyes, feeling another argument on the horizon. “You guys, lets just please get on with this. The faster we get it done, the better.”

Nick sighed heavily and had allowed himself to fall back down on his cot, “If I’m selected, I ain’t doing it. Simple as that.”

Brian shook his head, not liking how everything was falling apart, all over a stupid game. He grabbed the mouse and moved the cursor over the “NEXT” button, clicking it and waiting for the computerized voice to give the instructions.

“Assignment number four. This mission only requires one color, white. Yellow will navigate. White, your mission is to investigate the chapel of the hospital. As you know, chapels are a place to worship God and to pray for the quick healing of the ailing or a quick passing for the dying. Patient George Pelowski, who’s mission was to commit murders and to collect as many souls as possible, transformed the chapel into his own sanctuary, a place he was building to become his ritual site, to help Lucifer rise from hell and reign on earth. Your job is to investigate the chapel and to find a chest that was strategically placed somewhere within the chapel. In the chest you will find a bunch of ritual objects and a list, which gives you detailed instructions on how to set up the location for a ritual that’ll occur later on down the line.”

AJ glanced over at Brian, trying to study his reaction. He knew Brian didn’t appreciate anything that interfered or twisted the religious practices or God in general in any way. “You don’t have to do this, you know.” AJ reassured.

Brian glanced up at AJ and gave a small smile, “It’s okay. My faith lies in one god and one god only… and He surmounts any and all evil.”

AJ nodded as Brian rose from his seat and made his way over towards his cot, where all his equipment was settled. As he began to strap up, he looked over at his cousin, who was laying sound asleep on his cot. He sighed heavily… he wish he knew what was happening with Kevin, why he was being so stubborn and defiant, why he’s insistent on finishing this game when now they were not only playing the game, but playing with their lives as well.

For the first time, Brian did something he normally did on a daily basis but had long slipped his mind since they arrived at this place; prayed.

“God… grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. The light of God surrounds us, the love of God enfolds us, the power of God protects us, the presence of God watches over us… wherever we are, God is.”

Once he was strapped up and ready to go, he proceeded to the door and out, stepping out of the safe house and into the middle of darkness. As he continued his trek onwards to the hospital, he continued on with his prayer.

“In the name of Jesus Christ, Your one and only Son who died and rose again for remission of sin, I bind, rebuke and render powerless: wrath, murder, condemnation, evil speaking, complaining, lying, false gifts, false manifestations, lying signs and wonders, fear of spirits, deceiving spirits, religious spirits, hindering spirits, retaliatory spirits, occult spirits, witchcraft spirits, spirits of antichrist and all familiar and territorial spirits.”

He crossed the bridge that linked one separate land to another, “I am God’s child. I resist the devil and declare that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I put on the whole amour of God, my loins girt about with truth; and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; taking the shield of faith, with which I shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked; the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching with all perseverance and supplication for all saints and declare it is an armor of light. I take authority over this day, let me walk in your love.”

Before he knew it, he was standing before the menacing building, silently hearing the cries of the murdered and trapped. He felt a wicked presence descend down upon him, but not once did he falter. “The Holy Spirit leads and guides me today and fills me with all the needed gifting and graces. I discern between the righteous and the wicked and I take authority over Satan and all his demons and those people who are influenced by them. I declare Satan is under my feet and shall remain there all day.”

With the pearl white moon gleaming brightly up above, it’s milky rays peering through the bare limbs of the overbearing trees, he took a deep breath in and walked up the steps towards the doors and opened it, walking slowly inside. “I claim a hedge of protection, by the Precious Blood of Jesus, around myself and my loved ones throughout this day and night. I ask you God, in the name of Jesus, to send angels to surround us today and everyday. I call on your holy angels to protect me, my family and loved ones from any harmful demonic or other psychical or mental attacks. I ask all of this in the name of Jesus.”

Brian peered through the sheer darkness, looking over the dark outlines of the corridor. He grabbed his walkie talkie out of his holster and radioed in. “AJ, I’m here.”

“Okay Bri, to get to the chapel you’re going to walk down the long hallway all the way at the end, once you reach there, radio me back.”

Brian began walking down, keeping straight and not bothering to look around. Once he reached the end, he radioed back. “Okay, at the end.”

“Now, you’re gonna take a right and walk all the way down again. This was the similar route taken to get to the morgue.”

Brian nodded as he turned right and began walking down towards the end. “Alright, since the morgue was to left, I’m assuming the chapel is off down to the right?”

“Your assumption would be correct. Once you go down right to the end, you’ll notice the corridor forms an ‘L’ shape and you can only go right again. As soon as you reach the end and look to your right, you’ll see two glass doors with a sign that says ‘Chapel’ over it.”

Brian did as he was instructed and walked down, reaching the end and turning right again. He found himself standing outside the large glass doors that led into the chapel. Taking a deep breath in, he placed his hand on the handle of the glass door, closed his eyes and finished off the prayer before he entered.

“God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and He has been my savior.”

As soon as he entered, he quickly placed his hand over his nose and mouth, the musty atmosphere was tainted with the bitter aged smell of blood. His eyes began to water slightly as the odorous stench managed to seep through the cracks of fingers and filter right into his nose.

With one hand still clasped over his nose and mouth, he used his other hand to fasten his walkie talkie back into his holster and grab his flashlight, pushing the button and causing a strong beam of light to blast out, illuminating the darkened chapel a bit. He shone it over the room, grimacing at the pews that were covered in dust and webs. Slowly, he started walking further into the chapel, the front alter now taking his attention.

His eyes followed the path of the light as he shone up above and saw a rather large crucifix situated high above the alter. He immediately gasped and started to back away when he noticed that there was a decomposed, mummified corpse that was nailed to the cross.

Brian squeezed his eyes shut as he felt a burning sensation begin to rise up into his throat. He could not believe how this man managed to defile the chapel and make a mockery of Jesus’ crucifixion. As his mixed emotions continued to stir within him, he found himself all of a sudden extremely weak and ill. When he could no longer hold it in, he doubled over and had allowed the hot bile to spew forth and splatter on the floor in front of him.

When he finally heaved everything out, he used the back of his hand to wipe the corners of his mouth, but stopped when he noticed something on the ground. He straightened up a bit when he realized that there was a satanic star painted in crimson red, or what he assumed to be blood. The square cutout lines that encased the star indicated that the ground was probably hallow and led down under the hospital.

When he finally regained his composure, he looked back up at the cross which held the corpse, then back down at the satanic star. His mind suddenly became numb and frozen with fear as he was finally able to connect the pieces together.

“George.”

Torn by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Another update, this is great!! I would like to thank all those who have took the time to read this story and comment back, thank you sooo much!! It feels great to be posting my second update and not having to keep ya'll waiting so long, haha. I'm working on the next, uh huh, ya'll heard me right, the next chapter already, so I'm hoping to have that up real soon as well!! Thanks again, and enjoy. :)

AJ placed his head within his hands, pulling back slightly when he felt the abnormal heat from his face. He was seated in front of the computer for a good five minutes, waiting to radio Brian back and let him know when his time of investigating was up. He looked down at his right hand and noticed for the first time that an unusual colored discharge had seeped through the once white bandage.

“Shit.” he muttered as he took off the headphones and placed it on the desk. “Howie, when Brian’s time is up, radio him back and instruct him on how to find the chest.”

Howie moved into the now vacant seat and turned slightly to watch where AJ was going. His brows crinkled in concern as he discovered for the first time how extremely pale and clammy the younger man looked.

“Hey Nick.” he called out softly.

“Hmm.” he heard Nick groan, the noise barely audible due to the fact that his face was pressed into the pillow.

“Be the navigator for a quick minute.”

“What?” Nick whined slightly as he rose from his cot, “Why?”

“Will you just please do it?” Howie asked as he rose from his seat and made his way over towards the bathroom before Nick could protest any further.

Sighing heavily, Nick pushed himself up from his cot and walked over to the computer, watching as Brian’s time clicked down.

Howie approached the closed door of the bathroom and lightly knocked. “AJ?”

“I’ll be out in a second.” was the reply from the other side of the door.

Howie sighed, he knew AJ would be stubborn. “AJ, open the door please. I know you’re not using the toilet.”

After a few seconds of waiting and hearing a few obscene words being muttered, AJ opened the door, but kept his back facing Howie. “I thought you were watching over Brian for me.”

“Nick is.” Howie replied as he slowly walked further into the small bathroom, “But I came to check up on you because…” he stopped mid sentence as he glanced over AJ’s shoulder and caught site of what AJ was trying to tend to. “Jesus Alex.”

“It’s really not that bad.” AJ said as he bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from groaning out in pain.

“Are you kidding me?” Howie asked in disbelief. There was a rather deep and long gash that ran along AJ’s palm, the skin surrounding the wound had turned an ugly shade of purple and green while the wound itself was dark red, oozing pus. He winced when he also realized just how swollen AJ’s hand was and how small water blisters had formed on the surrounding skin.

“Just kinda forgot to clean it is all.” AJ shrugged as he grabbed the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and had poured the clear liquid all over his right hand. He sharply inhaled through his teeth and winced as the peroxide bubbled and sizzled away on his torn flesh.

Howie shook his head as he moved along side AJ, grabbing his right wrist and inspecting the wound closer. “This is something very serious Alex. When was the last time you had a tetanus shot?”

AJ shrugged, “I don’t know… honestly, I don’t even remember the last time I went to the doctors.”

Howie sighed at his answer, “Okay, I want you to close your eyes and keep it shut, alright?”

AJ glanced over at him in confusion, “Why?”

“Just do it.”

Without saying another word, AJ obeyed and closed his eyes. After a few seconds of waiting, Howie reached over and began to softly pinch AJ’s right wrist. When he didn’t get a reaction, he began to pinch harder and started pinching in different areas of the hand. AJ didn’t flinch. As Howie continued to pinch AJ’s hand in various areas, AJ winced when he felt Howie pinch a spot on his forearm.

“Uh, is there a reason as to why you’re pinching my arm while my eyes are closed?”

Howie looked down and realized that AJ still had feeling in his forearm, but other than that, his whole right hand was completely numb. “Alex, your hand is infected.”

“Yeah, I kinda figured that.” AJ said as he opened his eyes and pulled his hand away from Howie. As much as he loved the guys, he couldn’t stand it when they were worried about him. “Still think Kevin should have his way?”

Howie cast his eyes downwards. The truth was, he only gave into what Kevin was saying because he didn’t want him, or any of the other guys, to piss Kevin off and have him lash out on them in anger. For some unexplainable reason, Kevin had a really short fuse and it seemed as if almost anything could set him off.

AJ glanced over at Howie when he realized how quiet he had fallen. He sighed heavily, regretting what he said, “Look Howie, I didn’t mean to say that because this isn’t your fault. I know you want to quit all this, but the fact of the matter is… we’re stuck in this game man.”

Howie looked up at AJ, not liking the sound of his voice. The sound of utter defeat. AJ continued on, “Although both Nick and I were taken aback at how easily you gave in to Kevin’s argument, we’re not blaming the fact that we’re still here on you. If I wasn’t so damn stubborn, I would’ve done the same thing… for the sake of others. But of course, I was being selfish, and you… being the sweet one you are had brought the quarreling to a cease to save us.” he took a pause to grab the Neosporin, “You know what I’m learning from this whole… fucked up experience?”

“What?”

AJ stopped what he was doing to turn and look Howie in the eyes, “That it’s okay to be afraid.”

Howie stared long and hard at AJ, wondering where he was taking this. “I’m scared shitless of him D…” AJ explained. “And it’s not that intimidating fear that I felt years ago upon first meeting him, it’s something else, and I know you, Nick and even Brian feel the same way. That’s why I said we’re stuck in this, because…” he faltered off.

“Because what?”

AJ sighed as he grabbed the roll of gauze and began wrapping it around his right hand, “Because I think that’s the only way we can get him back.”

Before another word was said, the door to the safe house flew open, immediately causing all of them to jump slightly. They all turned and watched with wide eyes as Brian walked back into the house.

“What’s going on Bri?” Nick asked as he rose from his seat and walked over to where Brian was. Fully alert, Nick immediately froze when he noticed the distant look in Brian’s eyes. “What happened?” he questioned softly.

As soon as Brian removed himself of his equipment, he collapsed down on his cot, seemingly in a phase. “I couldn’t do it.”

Both Howie and AJ walked out of the bathroom and was now standing in front of Brian, waiting for him to continue on. Nick was frightened and concerned at Brian’s behavior, for the first time ever seeing that he was really freaked out.

“Tell us what happened Bri.” Howie said soothingly as he knelt down in front of Brian, trying to catch his eyes.

Brian broke his stare from nothing and looked over at Howie, “This isn’t a game, this isn’t an urban legend, this isn’t a myth… this is real.” He closed his eyes as the memories threatened to resurface. “When I entered the chapel, everything was stale and dark, I could smell the stained blood, it made me sick to my stomach. I looked up above the alter and see a cross… and on that cross was a corpse, nailed down. I was suddenly hit with this spell to throw up, and that I did… that is when I saw the satanic star on the floor of the chapel. I couldn’t handle being in there, standing before the mock of the crucifixion, I just couldn’t do it.”

Nick rose slightly and sat on the cot beside Brian. Without saying another word, he grabbed Brian and pulled him into a tight embrace, hoping that he could ease Brian’s shaken state.

“Shouldn’t we call authorities or something?” Nick asked no one in particular, “I mean, we’re dealing with corpses now.”

“It’s George.”

All three of them shot their attention back to Brian, “What?”

“George was the one that was crucified.”

Howie closed his eyes and sighed heavily, none of this was making sense. According to the stories, George was the man behind all the murders, convinced that he needed to kill people in order to collect their souls for Satan, so why was George crucified? “I don’t know what to do.” he muttered, feeling at a complete loss at the moment.

AJ stared at the three of them, and then glanced over at Kevin’s still sleeping form. He was torn between doing what was right and doing what needs to be done. He was the very one that wanted to put an end to all this, but now he was beginning to realize that this is something they just can’t walk out of. They entered the realm of the restless dead, they disturbed them and now they are trap. They already lost Kevin to the grasp of evil, and if they were to walk out now they would lose more than that.

“Like I said Howie, we’re stuck.” AJ muttered back as he walked over to the computer.

Howie looked back at AJ and watched him as he made his way to the computer. Before he could protest, AJ had clicked the button to see who would have to take over Brian’s dare.

“Yellow, it is your job to complete white’s mission. Green will navigate.”

Preparing For The Ritual by rebellious_one
"Aje, you can't be serious!" Nick protested as he quickly made his way over to the rebel, who was now gearing up to complete Brian's aborted mission. "Did you not hear a word of what was said?! This isn't a game or fucking entertainment purposes anymore, we're dealing with the dead body of a murderer!"

AJ remained silent as he strapped on his camera and holstered his walkie talkie to his belt. The logical part of his brain knew that Nick was right; the game had changed on them and he lost sight of them doing this for entertainment purposes when Kevin had turned and snapped on him. He no longer cared about the stupid missions that were given to him; his sole mission now was to get their eldest brother back. "I need you to navigate me." was all that he said in reply.

Nick watched in disbelief as AJ walked away from him completely and made his way to the door to leave. "Okay wait, stop... just, stop for a minute and, can we be fucking rational for a moment here?!" he turned to Howie and Brian, who were looking equally just as defeated "Are you two seriously gonna just let him go back into this place? Am I seriously the only one thinking this out right now?! Back me up with this!"

Howie glanced up sadly at their youngest brother, "I.. I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?!" Nick retorted, mouth agape in shock.

"I don't expect you to understand, but we need to finish this Nick..." Howie tried to explain, but was cut off by an irate Nick.

"Of course you don't expect me to fucking understand; you all think I'm some dumbass idiot that can't figure shit out or know what's right from wrong! Yet, here I am, being the sensible one in saying this is way out of our league and that we need to call the cops! Fuck the fame and money we may garner from this shit, our lives are now at stake! How selfish can you all be?!"

A slight chuckle of disbelief was what finally broke the few seconds of silence that had befallen them. "Honestly, I truly wish I could say that I'm being selfish in making this decision." AJ finally spoke up as he fidgeted with his walkie talkie. "In fact, being selfish is what got us into this mess in the first place, right? Making a comeback, being the first of our kind to be on this show, generate money."

He stood there for a while in silence, his attention seemingly still transfixed on his walkie talkie. Suddenly, he placed it down on the table near the door and began to undo the gear with the camera that he had strapped on earlier "My decision to complete this mission isn't me being selfish Nick, because all this shit..." he threw the camera down, startling the three of them, who were now staring down at the broken piece of equipment on the ground in disbelief "doesn't matter to me anymore..."

Nick glanced up sheepishly, ashamed of how he had just accused his brothers of being selfish after hearing AJ's response. "We're no strangers to Kevin's odd behaviors as of late..." AJ continued, "we've all witnessed the fact that he's no longer himself, and we can't explain that?" he glanced down at the broken camera, "That's when I thought to myself fuck the cameras, fuck the publicity, fuck the money... I'm doing this to get Kevin back, and bring us all the fuck home."

Though embarrassed, Nick nodded in understanding and agreement, "Then, Howie will have to navigate, because I can't do it..."

AJ frowned slightly; he had hoped his "heroic" talk had made sense to their youngest member. It wasn't often that he stood up to do what needed to be done; he left that for real life heroes, like doctors, policemen, hell even Kevin! But, the fact of the matter was, they didn't have the first two, and they were losing their third; someone had to step up and do it. "I understand..."

"I can't navigate you... because I'm going with you."

That surely caught AJ off guard, his head shooting up to now find a fire of determination burning within Nick's otherwise radiant azure eyes. "You don't have to..."

"Look, lets not make me look like even more of a prick after my whole 'selfish' spiel, that's now intended more for me than anything." Nick tried to crack, causing the others to break a small grin despite what they were now going up against. "I'm sorry guys," he glanced over at AJ, "and as much as I love you being badass and all, I gotta be selfish and say I can't let you take the glory all alone... I figured it'd be cool for once for you guys to say 'Nick saved the day', or some cool shit like that."

AJ gave a lopsided grin as he gave a hearty slap to the back of his shoulder, "Or some cool shit like that."

Nick laughed as he opened the door, allowing AJ to walk out first before filing out after him. "Alright D., radio Aje, and navigate us if you will."

As soon as the door closed, both Brian and Howie looked over at each other, both of their expressions unreadable. "Did we just place our fate into the hands of the two youngest and allow them to venture off together?" Brian voiced, moreso in disbelief.

Howie chuckled and shook his head, making his way over to the computer. "Yeah... yeah we did."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Almost as if they knew the hospital like the back of their hand, both AJ and Nick found themselves entering the chapel Brian had visited not long before. The lingering scent of their religious friend still lingered, but the sharp odious stench of aged blood clung to the thick, stale air.

The both of them immediately lifted the collar of their shirts over their nose and mouth, hoping to filter the rank air. "Dear God, I feel horrible that Brian had to be the one to come here..." Nick stated as he looked everything over, "I wish he hadn't seen this."

AJ waved his hand back in forth in front of him, warding away the persistent buzzing flies that were fluttering everywhere; from the hanging corpse to the blood-stained wooden floors. "This is just fucking sick!"

All of a sudden, their walkie talkie cackled to life, startling them a bit. "AJ, Nick, come in..."

AJ quickly unclipped his walkie talkie from his belt, radioing back in. "Talk to us D., what do we gotta do?"

"It says here to locate a chest that holds instructions and objects that will be needed to perform a ritual."

AJ sighed, "And I'm assuming they don't give a hint as to where we could fucking find this chest, huh?"

"You assume correctly."

Nick reached over and had grabbed the flashlight from AJ's belt, clicking the button on and shining the faint burst of light all over the dark chapel. "Well, not seeing a chest out on any tables or pews in the open... perhaps floorboards?"

"We weren't really given anything to unhinge the floorboards, nor do we have anything..." AJ muttered as he tapped his foot around on the ground, listening for a hollow point, to which he found one in the exact center of the satanic star. "We'll have to find something to break it..."

"What about this box?"

AJ looked up and over to where Nick was shining his light. Up at the altar, directly underneath the crucifix where George's body hung, was a black box on a stand. "Do you think that's the chest they're referring to?"

"It's a tabernacle..." AJ replied, more to himself, as he slowly approached it.

"A taber-who?"

"Tabernacle," he repeated, "moreso Roman Catholic Church practices. It's where they put the rest of their consecrated bread, or what represents God's body."

"Wow... did you seriously just school me?" Nick tried to break the tense and somber mood.

"You asked, I answered. Now I have a question..." he broke his gaze from the tabernacle and turned to look back at Nick, "Which one of us is gonna check it out?"

Nick shrugged, "I figured you, since you're closest to the... tentacle..."

"Tabernacle." AJ corrected. "And what happened to wanting us to say that you saved the day?"

"This would not warrant my moment of saving the day!"

"Then we'll both go and look!" AJ concluded as he reached out to grab and drag the blond over, "Just... ignore what's above us."

Nick cringed as he held the collar of his shirt even tighter to his face, almost to the point of cutting off his air supply, "Easy for you to say, you're shorter than me and not height level to his..."

AJ ignored his grumbling as he reached out and quickly opened the doors to the tabernacle, revealing what looked to be a small notebook or diary and the ritual object they were looking for. "Guess this is it." he said as he quickly removed everything in the box and handed it to Nick.

They both quickly stepped away from the alter and the body, looking the items over. "Okay, so we have a goblet..." Nick held the golden, jeweled-encrusted cup up, "not liking where this is going... some rope, a paring knife, DEFINITELY not liking where this is going, and this book."

AJ sighed, not liking how they were immersing themselves deeper and deeper into something that was beyond paranormal. He lifted up his walkie talkie to radio in, "Alright D., we found it, what's next?"
End Notes:
;)
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8556