Christmas At The Arctic Circle by mersey
Summary: When AJ said he wanted to find an Igloo and hopefully an Eskimo or two, Kevin was not amused. It didn't help matter any when Nick found the perfect place for the group's next great adventure...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Adventure, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1036 Read: 1352 Published: 10/02/07 Updated: 10/02/07
Story Notes:
This is a response to a challenge in AC.

1. Chapter 1 by mersey

Chapter 1 by mersey
Christmas at the Arctic Circle!

Spend a Christmas holiday of a lifetime in a land of breathtaking beauty and spellbinding atmosphere. A land of unspoiled, snow-covered scenery, magical winter twilight, sleigh rides, reindeer and husky dogs. This is Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland at the Arctic Circle. Here, your children will experience a true Christmas fantasy, which will long remain vivid in their memory. See their eyes sparkle with delight and excitement, as they meet the real Santa Claus and his reindeer.

The thing with Nick is, one has to understand, that if you so much as tell him what not to do, he will, most definitely, do it. You’d think being around him for the last fourteen years has taught Kevin anything about this tiny but really important fact, but no, Kevin’s too proud for his own good.

So, when AJ came up with the not so brilliant idea to go find a damn igloo and hopefully with an Eskimo or two in them, Howie had jumped on the idea. This, put a damper on Kevin’s mood, because Howie was supposed to be the sane ally on his side, without him, hope was a lost cause.

Nick, ever the Floridian (which really confused Kevin even more, because, wasn’t Howie supposed to be a true blue Floridian too?), hates cold weather and thought the idea revolting. This, of course, changed, when he googled ‘arctic’ on his laptop and found, what Brian referred to, as ‘the golden ticket’. Kevin wasn’t really bothered by his cousin’s choice of words, the man had been watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory way too much.

Nick said he wanted to see the real Santa Clause and his reindeer.

Kevin reminded him he was 27.

Nick pointed out that 29 year old AJ wanted to see an igloo and an Eskimo or two.

AJ said at least those are real.

Howie said he has this new phone that apparently works in really, really cold weather, like the Arctic, and wanted to test it out.

Brian told Kevin he cannot deny the kids’ true Christmas Fantasy and if he did, they’ll start calling him Grinch for a whole year.

---

Who knew they have a museum inside a gigantic igloo? It pulled on Kevin’s interest the moment they reached their designated cabin and playing the guilty card, told the guys since he was pretty much dragged into going to this Christmas fantasy shebang, that it was only fair that they all followed him to this igloo museum. At least it’s educational.

And what do you have in museums? Ancient things. Relics. Stuff that belong to pre-historic times. The land before time.

Of course a pendant-like object attracted Nick’s attention and his hand immediately reached out to touch the damn thing even though the sign by the right clearly said ‘hands off!’ At least that’s what Kevin assumed it said in Finnish.

- - - - -


- - - - -

Clueless and desperate, they made their way out of the museum and tried to remember their way back to the cabin. It was really cold but their new furs kept them warm.

Not long into their walk, an Eskimo guy found them and brought them back to his Igloo. AJ was pretty damn excited.

The next day, Eskimo guy made them participate in the Husky dog sledding and they had a really great time pulling kids on their sleighs and playing in the thick snow and barked with laughter. The only downside was, they couldn’t play snowball with their tiny paws.

After that, they were brought to Santa’s Secret Hideaway and witnessed kids sitting on Santa’s lap and getting presents and eating a lot of good food. The children looked really happy to meet the real Santa and his reindeer, including one Siberian husky puppy called Nicky.

- - - - -

Later on that night, after Eskimo guy was fast asleep, Kevin rounded his pups (heh) and said, “Look guys-”

“You mean dawgs?”

“You’re so not funny right now Bri.”

“I try.”

“Look,” Kevin rolled his eyes and wondered how that would look on a dog. “We have to get out of here and find a way to turn back.”

“But we don’t even know how!” Howie said, winking, which, by the way, looks cute on a dog than on Howie the human.

“At least try to find our way back to the cabin. Who knows what this dude is gonna do to us after this.” AJ said.

“I thought you like your Eskimo and your Igloo.”

“Bite me, Nick.”

“Dude, I have fangs.” Nick threatened.

“You’re such a bitch.”

“That, I am!” Nick laughed.

Needless to say, Kevin shut them up and they snuck out of the igloo tried to find their way back.

It was beautiful, that night. The sky was clear and the stars littered the skyway, blinking like Christmas lights. They stayed in their pack, together. It was pretty unnerving to be turned into dogs, but so far, they’ve had a fun adventure together.

“This is a Christmas miracle ya’ll.” Brian panted.

“This is Nick would can’t keep his hands to himself.” Kevin growled.

“Grinch!” AJ said. “And I’ve been dying to do this!” And without warning, lifted his hind leg and pee.

“AJ, you’re SO dead!” Kevin growled.

Brian, Nick and Howie rolled on the snow and howled. AJ had peed on Kevin’s leg!

- - - - -

With their newfound kick ass sense of smell and hearing, they finally made it back to the cabin. It took some work to get the door to work but they managed. Snuggling together near the fireplace, they fell asleep.

The next day, they woke up only to find they were back to their good human selves. Now, whether they woke up with their clothes intact or only with their birthday suits on, this writer will leave it to your own imagination. Get creative!

A/n: Btw, we still don’t know if Howie’s new phone works in really cold weathers.

The End

End Notes:
2nd A/n: I’m not sure if huge graphics is allowed within the story page so I might have to replace it with a direct link of the image in a couple of days.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8630