Tough by Carter
Summary: Throughout the years of being married to Leighanne and two kids later he thought he was the tough one out of them, but as he looked back through all the years of them being married he is thinking he could be wrong....Loosly based on the song "Tough" by: Craig Morgan
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1342 Read: 817 Published: 11/28/07 Updated: 11/28/07

1. Tough by Carter

Tough by Carter

  I woke up this morning to my wife yelling at the kids. I hadn’t even noticed she woke up considering she didn’t even get to bed until 1am and I was in bed by 11 that evening. I have no clue what she was doing but I am sure it was along the lines of cleaning. I love my wife, really I do, but sometimes I wish she would just take a break and sit down and take a day for her, but she just refuses. I got out of bed and put my robe on and I walked down stairs to see what the fuss was really all about I walked into the kitchen and there is Leighanne cooking up some bacon in her robe she looks so hot in anything even without the make up.


“Daddy!!!” Baylee came screaming around the corner.


“Yay daddy’s up,” Baylee’s younger sister screamed as she followed Baylee.
“Baylee and Tiffany didn’t I tell you to put your clothes on? We arent going anywhere until you put some clothes on!” Leighanne demanded as she set out the plates for breakfast. I walked over and kissed Leighanne on the cheek.


“Good morning I see the kids are all up and ready to go this morning. Where are you guys going?” I asked.
“Good morning to you too, well lets see Baylee has football practice, Tiffany has dance lessons, I have to go drop off some stuff at the dry cleaners, I have to do some grocery shopping I didn’t realize there wasn’t any food in this house…and I think that’s it…oh wait and I am having lunch with Kristen and Mason today.” She said. I didn’t realize my wife did so much around the house I wish I could help out more often, but since we are gearing up for a new tour in a couple of months I haven’t had any time for much of anything. I can’t even remember when we last had some ‘adult time’ to ourselves, but I guess that comes with the territory of having children and jobs it all equals no time together.


“Leigh, why don’t you take a day to yourself. You are wearing yourself out remember what the doctor said? You need to slow down and relax,”
“Brian, I can’t I have so much to do all in one day. I have to get it done or else nothing gets done if I don’t do it. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it all you know? I know the doctor said I need to slow down, but it’s so hard to slow down Brian when the kids have their activities and I have to clean house, cook, and run errands, which reminds me Baylee! Tiffany! Breakfast is ready!” the kids came running down the stairs fully clothed and had their shoes on and ready to go. I sat down at the table with the kids and Leighanne walks off and goes upstairs she doesn’t even sit down to eat with us. I remember a time when we didn’t have the kids and it was just us two and the dogs and our lives weren’t so hectic we could actually sit down and have a conversation, but that has changed since the kids have came into our lives, don’t get me wrong I love the fact I have my kids I thank God every day they are in my life, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I had never met Leighanne that day on the set of ‘As Long As You Love Me’ would I have met someone just as good as her? Oh gosh why am I even thinking about this? Leighanne and I have been through so much already.


Flashback….
“Mr. and Mrs. Littrell I am sorry to have to deliver this to you, but you have breast cancer Mrs. Littrell and it is in its later stages, but it is still very much treatable and you should make a full recovery with the chemotherapy,” he said. I felt a tear roll down my cheek my wife has cancer and has to fight to live what would I do without her? We just had Tiffany a couple of months ago and Baylee is just two years old how would I ever do all of this without her? Leighanne looked at me and gave me a comforting smile.


“Its going to be ok Brian we’ll get through this together…its just another bump in the road if we can get through the miscarriage before we got pregnant with Tiffany we can get through this Brian. We just have to be tough,” she said. I knew my wife was strong, but I didn’t know she was stronger than me.
End Flashback


I remember thinking I was going to lose Leighanne during the cancer, but I didn’t she came through it all and I thank God every day for that as well. I seriously don’t know what I would have done if I had lost her to the cancer, I think I would have gone over the edge. If anything it made us closer as a family even though it may not seem like it, but we are a tight family. After I had finished my breakfast I walked upstairs to get ready to go to rehearsals and she was finishing getting dressed.


“I love you” I told her as I walked into the room.


“I love you too,”


Later on that night…


I came home from work and only Leighanne was home she hadn’t gone to go and pick up the kids just yet and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to go and finally talk to her.
“Leighanne? Where are you?”


“In the living room honey,” I walked out into the living room and she was sitting quietly reading a book,” What did you need? You are home awfully early today. Did you guys finish early?”


“Yeah kind of, I feel like we don’t have enough time to actually sit down and talk anymore. I feel like we’re always just saying ‘hi’ and then turning around and saying ‘bye’. I didn’t realize that you do so much around the house. You take care of all of us and you don’t even slow down not for even two minutes you’re always on the go making sure all of us are taken care of. I even remember when we were in the early stages of your chemotherapy you still got up and cleaned house and took care of the kids whether you had the strength or not, you still did it. I also remember how strong you were when we went out especially when we went to church you wore that breast cancer pin so proudly even though we weren’t a complete survivor of it just yet, but you knew you were going to get through it no matter what it took. I feel so bad for not doing anything around here to help you out, and I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much for being so strong and tough…and knowing no matter what happens in life it will all turn out for the better no matter what comes our way. I feel like sometimes I don’t appreciate you enough for all the things you truly do around here and I love you so much for that you don’t even know Leigh. “I brought out some flowers from behind my back and I handed them to her. She started to cry,” Please don’t cry Leigh.”

“Oh Brian they are so beautiful! I love you too.” She got up from the couch and gave me a hug,” I always knew there was a softy inside of you somewhere,” she lightly chuckled in-between sobs.


“Yeah, I never knew I had this side of me either.” I embraced my wife in another hug I always thought I was tough even before Leighanne and I got together, but I guess maybe I was wrong.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8705