Every moment in between by sarahmarie0727
Summary: Sophie Kent decided she needed a new start - a new home, new friends and even a new boyfriend. After breaking things off with celebrity boyfriend, Nick Carter, she relocated to Boston, MA to try and start fresh. Little does she know, Nick's not able to get over things as easily as she had thought. Boston might not be so new and so fresh after all.

[Summaries aren't my thing; but read & review!!]
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 5272 Read: 7707 Published: 12/20/07 Updated: 01/04/08

1. Prologue by sarahmarie0727

2. Looking up by sarahmarie0727

3. A Bit of Christmas Past by sarahmarie0727

4. Rough Reunion by sarahmarie0727

5. PLEASE READ. by sarahmarie0727

Prologue by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
I know what you're thinking. Another one?! I started this a few nights ago -- I just needed something new to work on. This is simply the prologue so it's much shorter and much less entertaining than a normal chapter. But it's something different; I don't usually write prologues anymore. SO. Let me know what you think!! I'll post more tonight if I seem to get a positive review!
Sophie Kent sipped her hot chocolate slowly as she hurried down the busy sidewalk of Newbury Street. People were hustling all around her to try and finish off their Christmas lists on one of the busiest shopping days of the year - Christmas Eve. Sophie’s speed walking wasn’t to finish any Christmas lists; only people with friends or family around could buy Christmas presents. Sophie was hurrying to get to work - the only place she really felt comfortable in this crazy city people called Boston.

Sophie hadn’t lived in Boston long. It was something rather new; so new, in fact, that it was only her first Christmas in the city. So it was her first winter experiencing snow and ice and everything else that falls along with lovely Christmas weather. She had relocated this past June to try and get away from her past. So far, so good. She had found a steady job that put food on the table and a roof over her head. She had purchased a kitten to try and keep her company during the lonesome nights. She was…changing.

Her life had been perfectly fine a year ago in the lovely sunshine state of Florida. She had her family, her best friends and a boyfriend. Everything you could possibly need to be happy. But it all had started to slip away from her. She became infatuated with her work to try and hide herself away from the disappointments her family, friends and boyfriend were introducing her to. She lost herself in this world where she didn’t even know the person she had become. That’s when she knew she had had enough.

So she picked up everything and moved. Her family seemed somewhat understanding; she needed a new start. She needed to find herself again. Her friends understood; they knew they could visit her whenever they wanted to. It wasn’t like she was dying. It was her boyfriend. He couldn’t quite seem to grasp the concept, even though with his profession he traveled the world on a daily basis. He thought she loved him.

Sophie tried explaining she once did; she felt a love for him no one could even begin to describe.

But that love had faded. She wasn’t the person she was when she fell in love with him. So she walked away. She knew he’d get over it. She knew he’d find someone new. He was Nick Carter, for Christ’s sake.

It was her she was worried about.
Looking up by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Please review! Just let me know whether you like it or you don't like it. I'll try & update more soon!
Nick Carter downed the rest of his beer and tilted his head back in pure bliss – more like confusion. His head was spinning and it wasn’t even two in the afternoon. His phone continued to ring off the hook as he sat back and ignored the outside world.

“Hey, it’s Nick. Leave a message,” his answering machine picked up for the hundredth time.

“Nick…its AJ, man,” he heard one of his best friend’s voices. “Dude, we’re really worried about you. We’ve been waiting at the diner for over an hour now. We’re driving over to your place. See ya.”

Dammit, Nick cursed in his head. That was the last thing he needed right now; all his best friends to drive over and save him from his own insanity. He picked up the phone before AJ could hang up. “AJ?” He mumbled and began to peel away the beer wrapper on the outside of his bottle.

“Hey, man! How are ya?” Dumb question, Nick thought to himself. “Where have you been? We’ve been waiting for you for like…almost an hour and a half!”

“I got caught up with something,” Nick shrugged as he lied through his teeth. Well, it wasn’t necessarily a lie. He had gotten caught up in drinking. “I don’t really feel up to company right now…” he muttered and ran his fingers over his eyes drowsily. “I’m kinda tired.”

“We’re worried about ya, man,” AJ muttered on the other line. “Kevin’s threatening to fly out here if you can’t get yourself together.” AJ chuckled to try and lighten the mood. “You really don’t want that to happen.”

Nick had to crack a small smile. AJ was right. “Christmas time sucks,” Nick mumbled as he stood up and walked over to his fridge to find yet another beer. “I mean, I was doing great, ya know? I had stopped thinking about her and everything…and then Christmas had to go and come around.”

AJ sighed. He knew Nick was struggling with the fact that Sophie had left him. He was surprised, really. Nick had never held onto any fallen relationship. He usually bounced back and got over everything rather quickly. But not this time. Sophie moved out and Nick turned to this pile of mush. He would lie around his house, he stopped writing music, and he stopped eating right. He had turned into this…monster. “How about I come over there with Howie and we’ll get up, get dressed and go out tonight? Guys’ night out.” He suggested.

“I’m not really up for it,” Nick sighed and took a gulp from his Bud Light. “I-I was thinking about maybe taking a trip out to Boston…” he played with the wrapper again. Granted, his head wasn’t ‘all there’ from the consumption of alcohol, but he knew what he was saying.

AJ sighed heavily again. “Nick, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Why make it all worse? It’ll just be harder for you if you go up there and see her. You need to get over Sophie.”

“Yeah? Well, what the fuck do you know anyway?” Nick snapped, biting off AJ’s head. “Fuck, AJ. You don’t know what it’s like to not have the one person you love anymore.” He bit his bottom lip out of pure anger; so hard, in fact, he thought he might have drawn blood.

“You don’t think I know Nick? Remember Sarah? Or Kaci? Or any of the other amazing women I ended up dating, falling in love with and then getting broken over?” He questioned angrily. “Yeah buddy, tell me I don’t know again. Seriously.” He didn’t want to get angry with Nick. That wasn’t his intention. Sometimes Nick became so unbearable he just didn’t know how to handle the situation.

“I’m sorry, okay? I just think going to Boston might be good for me,” he shrugged.

“Whatever,” AJ mumbled. He knew Nick shouldn’t even see Sophie right now when he was like this, but he also knew Nick was a grown man and had to make his own decisions, even the wrong ones. He couldn’t stop anything from happening in Nick’s life. Only Nick had the control over that.

Nick mumbled out that he had to go and said goodbye. He really hadn’t been planning on making any trips out to Boston; if anywhere, he wanted to go back to California to try and get away from the home he had shared with Sophie for almost four months. But after mentioning the irrational option to AJ, the thought had stayed in his mind. He moseyed over to his computer and opened up the internet. It was worth a shot.

- Back in Boston –

Sophie sat down at her desk in her cubicle and pulled up the internet. “Any good stories out there?” She called over the cubicle wall to her new found friend and co-worker, Elise Mannix.

“Some Santa robbery at the mall…” Elise mumbled back, too infatuated with her current story to elaborate. “I think Danny picked that up, though.” She muttered.

Sophie sighed and decided to hit up Google for current issues going on around her. She bit her lip and glanced around her bare and boring cubicle for someone to search. She had always been a picture person; however on her move to Boston, she had opted out of bringing many of her albums or photos along. All of them reminded her of Nick – the one person she was trying to get away from. It seemed like Christmas was always the hardest time for her to deal with a break up. Nick. She found her fingers typing in his name before her brain could even tell her to stop.

Dammit. She opened the article that popped up immediately. She was too intrigued not to.

Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter, seemed to be playing the field at Dolce Night Club in Orlando, Florida the other night. We spotted him with two blondes, a brunette and even a red head at different parts of the night, yet he left with two men?! Maybe Nick’s a bit different than we thought?

Sophie frowned and looked at the pictures; the ones of Nick with other women made her want to throw up, but then she saw the one where he left with the two guys and a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. The two guys were his two best friends – Robbie and Chris. Nick wasn’t hooking up with random girls, either. And somehow she got a pleasant feeling out of that.

“Sophie,” she heard from behind her. She spun around in her computer chair and smiled at the man standing there, her boss – Jonathan Richardson.

“Hey Jonathan,” she beamed and reached behind her to quickly close her laptop so he wouldn’t see what she had been up to. “How are you?”

“I’m doing good,” he smiled his practically perfect smile. “Are you working on any stories right now?” He asked her as he cocked his head to the side to try and see behind her. She bit her bottom lip and quickly shook her head ‘no’.

“Nope, nothing,” she smiled. “I was actually looking for something to get started on. I know the office is closed tomorrow but I don’t really have any plans so I’m up for any kind of story.” She explained, wanting to mentally smack herself for going into such detail. He probably didn’t even care.

“Well, there’s a quaint kid’s festival taking place just down the street at Boston Commons over by Cheer’s. You wanna cover that for me?” He winked.

Sophie inwardly groaned. A kid’s festival? She was hoping for some great robbery or better yet, an attempted murder. But a festival? That wasn’t exciting whatsoever. “Sure, I’ll get right on that.” She sighed with a smile and reached for her scarf and gloves.

“Thanks,” he winked and quickly walked away.

“You’ll learn soon enough not to be fooled by Jonathan’s charm,” Elise piped up from the cubicle over. Sophie chuckled and stood up to pull on her heavy black pea coat.

“Oh really?” She grinned. She wasn’t interested in men at this point in her life. She didn’t want to jump back into any kind of relationship; so the fact that Jonathan was insanely attractive and gorgeous didn’t faze her. She was more interested in establishing new friendships with the girls and guys around her.

“Yep,” Elise chuckled and scooted her computer chair over towards Sophie’s side. “I completely fell head over heels for him when I first started here.” She laughed. “He was all flirty and everything…it was a huge mistake. He didn’t like me that way at all.”

“Aw,” Sophie smiled. “Yeah, well, I got out of a pretty serious relationship when I moved here. It was kind of a big mess.” She made a sour face. “So I’m not really looking for any kind of relationship just yet, ya know?” She sighed. Elise nodded.

“I definitely understand that,” she agreed. “I heard you tell Jonathan you don’t have any plans for Christmas. Don’t you have family or friends to spend the holidays with?” She asked. Elise didn’t mean to pry; she was just curious.

“Well, my family lives in Florida. I love them and miss them terribly…along with my friends,” Sophie sighed, that bit of homesickness creeping back up her throat. “It’s just that my ex boyfriend lives there too. And I’m just not sure I’m ready to face him again. I’m kinda getting over it all…it’s hard, but I’m working on it. I’m just not up for reopening that can of worms.” She tried to explain.

“Aw, well, it’s no fun to be alone on Christmas,” Elise added in. “My fiancé and I are having our friends over tomorrow for Christmas dinner and stuff. You should come!”

Sophie grinned appreciatively. “That’s sweet Elise, but you don’t even know me. I mean, I wouldn’t want to like, barge in or anything.” She scrunched up her nose. She didn’t want everyone to pity her.

“Nonsense,” Elise smiled. “The more the merrier.”

After exchanging addresses and phone numbers, Sophie headed on her way to write Jonathan’s bogus story. Oh well, at this point, things were looking up.
A Bit of Christmas Past by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Thank you SO much for the reviews! I'm really glad you all seem to be enjoying it. I'll try & update once more before Christmas, but if I don't get the opportunity, then I wish everyone a very happy holidays! Please review & let me know what you think of this chapter!!
“American Airlines would like to welcome you all to Boston, Massachusetts. Right now, it’s currently 35 degrees outside and there are some snow flurries in the area. We’d like to wish you a Happy Holidays from our families to yours,” the pilot announced over the speaker. Nick sighed and gnawed on his fingernails nervously.

He gathered his carry-on bags and wrapped his coat around himself tighter; he figured it would be quite cold. As he exited the plane, he couldn’t help but think about Sophie some more. He was paranoid. He kept thinking he was seeing her throughout the airport. What if she had moved on with life? He hadn’t spoken to her since before June when she had decided to pick up her life and move away. He sucked in a deep breath and hurried to baggage claim. There was no turning back now.

-With Sophie-

Sophie glanced at her appearance in the mirror. She really wanted to impress Elise and her friends; she was hoping she could join in with them and establish friendships here with people. She had decided to wear nice cream-colored dress pants with a cream colored camisole and red lace top over that. Her hair was divided half up, half down and her make-up was nice, but natural looking.

She became distracted when she heard the phone ring. “Hello?” She answered as she sprayed a bit of Tommy Girl perfume on and glanced at her reflection in the mirror.

“S-Sophie?” She heard that all too familiar voice and her jaw dropped. Why was he calling her? What did he want all of a sudden? And on Christmas day, at that.

“Nick? Hi…” she mumbled and ran her fingers through her hair in complete shock. She plopped down on the edge of the bed and cleared her throat. With her eyes squeezed shut, she managed to murmur, “W-What’s up?”

“Merry Christmas,” he said. He sounded almost as shocked to be speaking with her as she was to be speaking with him. “I just, I wanted to call…I got your number from Caden.” Damn you, Caden, Sophie cursed her older brother in her mind. “I wanted you to know that I, uh, I’m in Boston.”

Boston. Sophie froze. “M-My Boston?” She stuttered, then quickly came back to correct herself. “I mean, Boston as in Boston, Massachusetts?” She asked him. Her heart was beating so quickly in her chest, she honestly thought she was going to have a heart attack.

He chuckled nervously and swallowed the lump in his throat. “Yep.” He sighed. “I wanted to get away from Florida for a while and so…I…came here,” he mumbled. He could tell she was far from excited. There was a reason she left Florida. He was completely ruining that right now.

Sophie had so many thoughts running through her mind. Did he want to see her? What did he want her to say? “That’s neat, Nick.” He tells you he’s in town and all you can come up with is, ‘That’s neat, Nick’?!, Sophie mentally yelled at herself.

“I guess you’re probably busy, I mean, it’s Christmas,” he sighed. She didn’t sound enthusiastic to see him or speak to him at all. “Sorry I bothered you.” Now all he wanted was to hang up and forget about everything; which would be hard to do considering he had already flown all the way to Boston.

“W-Wait. Nick?” Sophie quickly responded. She wasn’t quite sure she was trying to make conversation with him. He was the last person on the face of the earth she wanted to talk to, or even see.

“Yeah?” He mumbled, embarrassed that he had dropped everything and flown all the way to Boston for a girl who wasn’t interested in him. This was new for Nick – usually he was the one playing hard to get, not the other way around.

“Where are you in Boston?” She sighed and played with the hem on her lace top. She bit her bottom lip and waited for him to respond. She didn’t have any hard feelings against Nick. There were things that definitely had gone wrong in their relationship, but nothing drastic to the point where she hated him. She still cared about him enough to not want him to spend Christmas by himself.

“I’m staying at a hotel by the airport,” he stated. “The Embassy Suites by the T Station.”

Sophie sighed and closed her eyes. “Okay, take a taxi to 1127 Newbury Street. Ring up to room 210 and I’ll let you in, okay?” She mumbled. “I have plans to go to a friend’s house for Christmas dinner, but I’m sure she won’t mind if I bring you along. I’ll give her a call and let her know…”

“Soph, I really don’t want to be any kind of trouble. You have your Christmas plans. I was stupid to just jump on a plane and fly up here,” he admitted quietly. “I’m sorry. Merry Christmas and I’ll see you sometime soon or something, okay?” He sighed.

“Nick –…” Sophie tried to butt back in to convince him to come. Now she was kinda interested in seeing him.

“Don’t worry about it, okay? I’ll be totally fine. I’ll get some room service and then catch a plane back to Florida. I’ll stay with Brit and Chris in Miami for a little while,” he said, shrugging off the fact that he was alone for Christmas. “I’ll talk to ya later.” He tried to end the conversation.

“O-Okay,” Sophie sighed. This had been the weirdest conversation she had had in a long time. “Bye.” She muttered and hung up. She bit her bottom lip and tried to finish getting ready in front of her full length mirror. It was no use. She couldn’t stop thinking about Nick and how he’d be by himself. She wasn’t even fully comfortable going over to Elise’s home to meet her friends. She was never very outgoing or very good at meeting new people. Without even thinking a second thought, she picked up the phone and dialed the number written down on the post-it note.

“Hello?” Elise answered.

“Hey, Elise? This is Sophie Kent from work…” she jogged the girl’s memory just in case Elise didn’t remember her.

“Hey Sophie! Merry Christmas!” Elise exclaimed cheerfully. “Are you still planning on coming by the apartment today to have a little bit of dinner and meet everyone?” She asked, making Sophie feel guilty about having to cancel.

“Merry Christmas to you too! Actually, that’s why I wanted to call you,” she paced around her bedroom, nervous about making a bad impression. “One of my friends from Florida actually called me just a minute ago. He surprised me and flew into Boston for Christmas. Total shocker to me,” she chuckled.

“You can feel free to bring him by,” Elise suggested. “We have enough food for like, the whole year.” She chuckled.

“I’ll mention it to him,” Sophie replied. “That’s really sweet of you to invite him, too. We might stop by for a little while.”

“Okay! It’s fine if you can’t. I don’t want you to feel pressured to. I just think you’d get along great with everyone else,” Elise beamed. “So if you can’t come over today, we should definitely try to catch up sometime soon.”

“Aw, thanks Elise,” Sophie grinned. “That’s sweet. We’ll definitely all get together.” She agreed.

“Okay, well, I’ll talk to you soon, okay? Have fun with your friend!”

“Thanks! Have a great get together with everyone,” Sophie smiled. “I’ll see ya at work. Bye.” The two hung up and Sophie threw on her pea coat and scarf to head over to the T Station – more specifically, the Embassy Suites. “I cannot believe I’m doing this.” She mumbled under her breath as she made sure her kitten, Lizzie, was content. She locked her apartment door and hurried down the stairs to the street to try and catch a taxi.

“Where to?” The driver asked as she slammed the door shut.

“The Embassy Suites by the T Station and next to the airport,” she muttered and glanced out the window. Damn her for falling into his trap.
Rough Reunion by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Thank you SO much for all the reviews!! I managed to squeeze in a moment or two to update really quickly before settling down with my family and enjoying Christmas movies, hot chocolate and a few presents. Happy Holidays everyone!!
“No, I swear Nick and I are friends. Can you just call up to him and let him know that Sophie Kent is here to see him?” Sophie asked the woman at the front desk for the third time now. The woman sighed and stuck her nose up in the air as if she was something big and mighty.

“That’s completely against rules and regulations. Mr. Carter has asked us not to bother him with anything at all, whatsoever,” she said. Sophie glared at the woman and stared down at her nametag.

“Well, Amelia, I happen to be a very good friend of Mr. Carter’s and when he finds out how you’ve been treating me he’s gonna be pissed,” she folded her arms over her chest, completely frustrated by this woman. “Listen lady,” she leaned forward across the counter to get in the woman’s face. The woman’s eyes grew wide, not expecting Sophie to become so forward. “It’s Christmas! Why can’t you just call up and see if he answers? If he answers and you tell him I’m here and he has no idea who you’re talking about, I swear to you I’ll live immediately.” She calmed down a bit. There wasn’t any reason for this woman to turn her away now.

The woman sighed and glanced around behind the counter. “Fine, but if something goes wrong and I get fired for this…” she trailed off, not wanting to say anything rude or inappropriate.

“I swear, nothing will go wrong,” Sophie promised. She chewed on the inside of her lip anxiously. Why was she here again? And why was she practically fighting the attendant at the front desk to see Nick? She sighed and tugged at her gloves that were on her cold hands, and then shoved them into her pockets.

“Hi, Mr. Carter? This is Amelia from the front desk,” the woman said. A sigh of relief escaped Sophie’s lips; he was home. But then she became anxious again, practically dreading seeing Nick. “There’s a woman downstairs for you. She says her name is Sophie Kent…” the woman muttered with disgust dripping from every word. She still didn’t believe Sophie knew Nick. Then, all of a sudden, her eyes got really big and her face turned a shade of crimson. “O-Oh. Alright.” She quickly sputtered and put the phone down. “I apologize, Miss Kent. Mr. Carter asked that I send you right up. He’s in room 815 on the 8th floor. The elevator is behind us and then around the corner.” The woman quickly rambled off.

Sophie stuck up her nose with a satisfied grin. “Thank you.” She spat and walked towards the elevators. After her happiness from her victory wore off, she began to worry again about seeing Nick. She had seen pictures of him in magazines and on TV. He looked amazing – he had continued to lose about 50 pounds total. She was proud of him, but she also hoped he had lost all that weight for him. Not for the fans, not for the tabloids…especially not for her. She tried not to think too much about the situation as she pressed the button to go up the elevator. She had changed quite a bit herself.

She was no longer outgoing, uninhibited Sophie Kent. Breaking up with Nick had changed her. She wondered if it was because Nick was always so confident in her – always pulling her up. A day didn’t go by that he didn’t tell her she was beautiful, or call her ‘baby’. Those little things made her confident in herself. By the end of their relationship, though, it had all become so routine. Plus, Nick began traveling more for the Backstreet Boys and she began to lose confidence in herself. She had gained a bit of weight – not making her chubby, rather curvy – yet she wasn’t willing to show off her curves. With Nick she could wear whatever; but now she resorted to sweats or business attire.

She jumped back when the elevator door opened and sucked in a deep breath. “You can do this.” She muttered to herself as she stepped onto the elevator and closed the door, pressing the button for the 8th floor. Again, she allowed her mind to take her back to her days with Nick. She glanced down at what she was wearing now and immediately felt uncomfortable – she had on her heavy pea coat, but underneath she was wearing that red lace top that was a bit more revealing than what she was used to, and those pants hugged every curve rather nicely, especially her ass. She sighed and waited for the elevator to get to the 8th floor. As soon as the doors opened, she stepped off and headed towards Nick’s room. Before she brought her fist up to knock lightly on his door, she sucked in another deep breath to try and fill her with courage.

Nick was quick to answer, obviously expecting her. As he opened the door, Sophie thought her knees might give in. Gad damn him for looking so sexy. He was wearing a black button down shirt and khaki pant, apparently ready to go out. Neither of them could believe it had been so long since they’d seen each other. Nick couldn’t get over how different, yet beautiful, Sophie looked. Sophie felt the same way about him.

“H-Hi,” she stumbled over her words and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I know we said we’d just see each other another time, but I felt horrible having you spend Christmas by yourself…besides, I don’t really know Elise, the girl that invited me over, that well. I just work with her…so it’s not a big deal about me canceling.” Sophie rambled.

Nick grinned and opened the door wider. “Thanks for coming over.” He said. She stepped into the room and stood in front of him awkwardly. Nick took the initiative and wrapped his arms around her in another uncomfortable moment.

“Wow, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Sophie laughed nervously as she pulled away. She couldn’t get over how great he smelled and felt with his arms wrapped around her.

“Yeah,” Nick nodded and closed the hotel room door behind them. “Here, come on in. We can order room service or go out…looks like you’re ready for either.” He motioned to her body, making her feel very self conscious. Sophie hated the way she looked after she and Nick had broken up. She had put on a few pounds and to her, it was a few pounds too many.

“It doesn’t matter to me…” she trailed off and glanced around the empty hotel room. She desperately wanted to go out. She didn’t think being cooped up with Nick in this small hotel room would be good for either of them. “Um, we could go out?”

“Is any place open?” Nick asked and went over to his bed to pull a phone book out of the drawer to look for any restaurants nearby.

That’s when Sophie remembered it was Christmas day. He was right; there probably wouldn’t be any place open. Most places would be closed for the holiday. “Oh, right. Um, well, we can just order in then. I don’t know anywhere that’d be open on Christmas day.” Sophie chewed at the inside of her lip. Why had she decided to come again?

“Okay, I’ll order room service,” Nick smiled and picked up the phone to dial out.

“While you do that, I’m gonna use the restroom really quick,” she smirked and hurried to the bathroom. She glanced at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. She had become such a different person without Nick, but now that she was back around him, she felt more like herself. It was frustrating to her and she didn’t understand. She didn’t understand why she was feeling the way she did.

As soon as she was done fixing her eye make-up and running her fingers through her hair, she opened the door and headed back out into the bedroom. “I wasn’t really sure what to get, so I just ordered the Christmas special.” Nick shrugged, looking down at the menu in his hands. “I think it’s like, ham, veggies and some desserts or something.”

“Sounds yummy,” Sophie smiled and sat down on the sofa across from him. This looked like it would be an interesting night.
PLEASE READ. by sarahmarie0727
To all my readers:

I really don’t know how to word this because it is such a difficult thing to talk about. I was just diagnosed with what’s called idiopathic dilatation of the main pulmonary artery. It is a heart disease; thankfully we found it and we’re starting to control it. However, it’s a rare disease and I’m pretty much dedicating a lot of what I have to it right now.

I definitely believe that someday soon – after the initial shock wears off – I will turn back to my writing for support/strength. I know it’ll be there waiting for me. So I’m simply calling this a “brief hiatus”. I really just need to focus on my health at the moment.

So I apologize for leaving; I apologize for not having an update for you sooner. Ever since Christmas I’ve been in and out of the hospital, having MRI’s and other tests done. I hope when I do come back, all you readers will be able to pick up and continue reading. I can’t thank you all enough for reviewing religiously and letting me know how you’re enjoying the story.

Thanks for everything,

Sarah.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8754