Apologize by Anita
Summary: A short lyrical story about nick
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Nick
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1030 Read: 957 Published: 02/05/08 Updated: 02/05/08

1. Chapter 1 by Anita

Chapter 1 by Anita
Author's Notes:
Hey guys just loving this song and wrote a short story trying to write my longer ones. Not sure if it does fit too well with the song but here it is.
"NICK WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING! JUST HOW DUMB ARE YOU?" Melissa screamed irritated with her boyfriend.

Nick stayed silent. He knew that when Melissa was on one of her rants that it would just be best for him not to bother saying anything. When he spoke, it usually just tended to make things worse, and God help him if he tried to defend himself.

"I JUST WANT US TO BE THE PERFECT COUPLE! IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND! WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS!" She shrieked throwing a book against the wall.

Nick sat on the couch, his shoulders slumped forward. He hadn't cheated as Melissa was accusing. All he had done was try to do CPR on a girl who he thought was choking. Unfortunately, the girl was a fan and had been faking the entire thing, when Nick put his mouth to hers to blow, she grabbed him and pictures were taken.

"YOU NOW WHAT? FORGET IT FORGET YOU NICK I WANT YOU TO GET YOUR STUFF AND JUST GET OUT!" Melissa screamed before stomping out of the room.

Nick rolled his eyes and stood up. Every freakin time that Melissa did not get her way or that something happened. Nick was kicked out.

Nick made his way upstairs and got together his things, he loaded up his car with most the stuff since he didn't have much as he was currently finishing up a tour. It had taken a bit over an hour for Nick to put his stuff together and when he was putting in his last bag, Melissa came around the house and looked at him startled.

"Nick what are you doing?" She asked him eyeing his stuff, her lower lip trembling a bit.

"Leaving Melissa, just liked you asked."

"Don't be silly Nick! It was a silly fight! Look I'm sorry I blew up about everything ok? Now come back inside darling and let's go out to dinner."

Nick finished putting his bag in and shut the door and turned to face her.

"No."

"No?"

"No Melissa, you want me gone, I'm gone."

"Nick come on don't be like this!"

"I'm not being like anything Mel, I'm just tired of all of the fighting and bullshit I'm out of here." Nick said turning and getting into his car before driving off.

Melissa stood watching stunned.

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearing what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

"So wow Nick, you really are over?" Brian asked stunned.

Nick sighed taking a seat on his friends couch.

"Yup, we are done."

"I swear I though that she was the girl for you."

Nick looked at him a bit of sadness in his eyes.

"So did I. She was amazing at the beginning. So much fun, really smart, I really really thought I was in love with her but them BAM! Girl flipped!" He said shaking his head still a bit freaked out what a split personality the girl had.

Brian smirked amused.

"Isn't this the girl that you swore 5 months ago that you would do ANYTHING for?" He chuckled.

Nick playfully punched Brian's arm.

"Shut up man this isn't funny! I swear if I didn't know better I'd say I was dating two different people are her and her evil twin."

Brian couldn't help laughing at Nick still, he sure had a way of picking them.

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new

"Uh huh Nick." Brian smirked.

Nick gave him a dirty look trying to imitate Kevin.

"And you went on and on to AJ about how she was Heaven sent, an angel from above, a Goddess from another world." Brian swooned with his hand of his heart.

"Ok man you keep that up and I'll leave here too! And it'll be too late for YOU to apologize." Nick threatened trying not to laugh.

"No Nick, please! I didn't mean it!" Brian said sinking to his knees his arms out stretched.

Nick burst out laughing.

"You are so gay."


I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

After Brian and Nick were done laughing, the both sat up again on the couch.

"So Nick, do you have any plans tonight?" Brian asked.

Nick opened his mouth to answer right as his phone rang.

"One sec...Hello?"

"Nick? It's me, Melissa. I'm really sorry about everything but we've been together for so long! Please don't do this, please don't end this." She begged tearfully through the phone.

Nick sighed hard.

"Melissa I didn't end this you did. You never trusted me, never listen to anything I had to say and I just can't be with someone like that. What kind of relationship doesn't have trust?"

"But Nick....it didn't look innocent."

"I know but did you let me explain?"

"Well....no..."

"Exactly, now I'm sorry but I have to go."

"Nick I'm sorry, I love you..."

"It's too late for sorry." He said and hung up.

Brian was looking at him.

"So like I was saying what do you have planned for tonight?"

Nick looked at him.

"Whatever you have."

Brian smirked.

"Let's call AJ and go clubbin for some girls!"

Nick laughed getting up to follow his friend.

"You are too much man, too much."

Flinging an arm over Brian's shoulders, they went to call AJ and get ready."

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...
End Notes:
hey guys leave a review of what you thought
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8837