Cool Diesel by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: The Boys discuss themes for their upcoming tour. In response to the 'other February Challenge'.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Howie, Nick, Other
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 810 Read: 877 Published: 02/25/08 Updated: 02/25/08

1. Cool Diesel by LenniluvsBrian

Cool Diesel by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:

This idea struck me last night out of nowhere, and well, here's the result. enjoy!

 

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB & everyone associated with them own themselves. Thank-you!

“Okay everyone, listen up,” Howie began, as he took a seat on the couch in one of their hotel rooms. “We need to come up with a theme for our tour.”

 

“Almost a little late for that, don’t you think?” A.J. commented, as he flopped down next to Howie on the couch. “I mean, we start next week, here.”

 

“Any suggestions?” Howie asked, ignoring A.J.’s comment.

 

“Well, we’re going to Japan first, so what about sumo wrestling?” Nick suggested. “I mean, they have sumo wrestlers and all.”

 

“What is with you and wanting to fight us?” A.J. questioned, as he took a sip of his iced tea with no lemon. “Didn’t you get enough of that when we were younger?”

 

“You’re just afraid I’d win,” Nick stated.

 

“The day I’m afraid to lose to you, is the day Brian’s hair decides to grow back properly,” A.J. shot-back.

 

“Hey! Leave me and my hair out of this!” Brian piped up. “And this is exactly why Frack wants to sumo wrestle – y’all fight plenty as it is.”

 

“It’s called friendly competition, Rok,” A.J. replied, leaning back a bit more into the couch.

 

“We’re not sumo wrestling!” Howie said firmly. “I am not wearing one of those outfits! They’re hard to move in, and we sweat enough as it is under those stage lights. What’re you trying to do Nicky, kill us all before we reach forty?”

 

“I’m nowhere near forty, thank-you,” Nick answered.

 

“Neither am I,” A.J. snorted. “Just turned thirty, thanks.”

 

“Whatever,” Howie shrugged. “The point is, we’re not wearing those sumo wrestling outfits!”

 

“Well, what if we did something close to sumo wrestling instead? You know, like karate or boxing or something,” Brian suggested. “It could be fun.”

 

“Yeah!” Nick agreed immediately. “We could even come up with kick ass names for ourselves too!”

 

“Could we watch the swearing?” Brian asked. “Baylee’s just over on the other side of the room, you know.”

 

“The Kid’s engrossed in Thomas the Tank Engine,” A.J. pointed out. “He ain’t gonna hear a damned thing while watching that.”

 

Brian rolled his eyes, but refrained from further comment.

 

“Anyway, I think it’s a sweet idea,” A.J. stated. “I’d love to kick Carter’s ass here.”

 

“I like the boxing idea,” Nick cut in. “We’d get to wear those kick ass gloves. And besides, I know how to box.”

 

“Yeah, just don’t box us out of the ring,” Howie replied. “And it’s not half bad. Can’t be any cornier than something management would come up with.”

 

“Exactly,” Brian nodded. “So we’re going with the boxing idea?”

 

Everybody nodded their heads in agreement, not needing to comment.

 

“So what shall we call ourselves? We do need those kick ass names, yanno,” Nick grinned. “Something cool; something the fans would recognize too though.”

 

“Kaos!” A little voice piped up then, causing the four men to turn and look at the little one who’d spoke. “I names you!”

 

“And what would you name us, Little Man?” A.J. asked the five-year-old.

 

“Nicky is Kaos, yer The Jizzle, Daddy is….The Daddy!” Baylee exclaimed.

 

“And what’s Howie?” Brian questioned is son, smiling some.

 

Baylee thought for a moment, before giving his answer. “Diesel.”

 

“Diesel?” They all repeated.

 

Baylee nodded. “He’s cool likes that Diesel guy in that movie we watched!”

 

Brian laughed. “He means Vin Diesel. We watched The Pacifier last night.”

 

“Oye,” Howie groaned. “I don’t know whether to be flattered he thinks I’m cool, or scared I’m being compared to Vin Diesel.”

 

A week later, in Japan, the Boys came out as their names were shown up on the screen.

 

“Nick ‘Kaos’ Carter!” A voice announced, as Nick came running out, pretending to box the air. Nick had stuck with his nickname ‘Kaos’ as that’s what his name had been since forever, and the fans would easily recognize it.

 

“A.J. ‘The Jizzle’ McLean!” The voice continued, and suddenly A.J. came out dressed up in boxing gear. A.J. had chosen ‘The Jizzle’, as he loved his new nickname that had come about in the last year or so.

 

“Here’s Brian ‘The Daddy’ Littrell!” The voice roared over the speakers, as Brian ran out and quickly pretended to fight with Nick. Brian, of course, had picked the name ‘The Daddy’ at his son’s request, though he knew the fans would be confused, as they all knew his as ‘B-Rok’.

 

“Last but not least, here is Howie ‘Diesel’ Dorough!” The voice stated loudly, as Howie came out to loud cheers. Howie, well, Howie stuck with ‘Diesel’, not having the heart to hurt Baylee’s feelings. After all, the kid had deemed him, and not anyone else, ‘cool’.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8868