Don't Cry Tonight by BSBSavedMyLife
Summary:


He never knew of the demons she fought.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 668 Read: 530 Published: 05/17/08 Updated: 05/17/08

1. Don't Cry Tonight by BSBSavedMyLife

Don't Cry Tonight by BSBSavedMyLife
She was crying again. A.J. didn't know how to make her stop. It seemed like all she ever did was cry these days. She would cry all day...all night...until she passed out from her own weariness. It broke his heart to see her so sad. What was he to do? He didn't even know why she was so sad. It was like it was something internal that would not leave her soul.

He laid in bed, watching his beautiful girlfriend sleep., but even in her sleep she looked disturbed. Her eyes were puffy from crying throughout the night, her lips were dry and chapped, and her long brown hair was stringy from the dampness of her tears. A.J. sighed to himself and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She stirred slightly and moaned as she rolled over. She was dreaming...all her fears were haunting her mind. She never slept peacefully anymore. All her dreams had turned into nightmares and there was nothing he could do.

It was now nearly three in the afternoon...she still slept. A.J. didn't wake her, for he knew she hadn't slept well in months. He was in the middle of writing a new song when he heard her walking down the stairs. A.J. looked up and smiled as he saw her walking toward him in her pajamas. She smiled and sat next to him. It was the first time he had seen her really smile in a while. He wondered if maybe she was escaping the dark cloud that covered her life.

"Let's go somewhere tonight, baby," she said softly.

A.J. smiled and kissed her. "Whatever you want, honey."

That night...she smiled. A.J. couldn't help but to smile with her. She never looked more beautiful to him then she did that night. It was the smile that made him fall in love with her...the smile that could light up a whole room. She turned around and looked at him with a mischievous smile.

"Let's go home," she said in his ear.

For hours they made love. A.J. couldn't have been happier. It was the first time they had made love in months. Their naked bodies pushing against each other...becoming one...love filled the air. Breathing hard with ecstasy they held each other closely as they came. They laid next to each other...breathless and covered in sweat. She pressed her lips against his.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," he echoed.

She kissed him once more and fell asleep in his arms. He smile to himself because for once...she looked at ease. Somewhere in his heart, he felt that everything was over...she was no longer going to cry at night. She was going to be happy and smiling. That thought alone was enough to put him into a peaceful sleep.

It's been six months...A.J. shook his head in disbelief as he looked down at her coffin. He never saw it coming...she seemed so happy. Just months before she was laughing, singing; having fun. She seemed without a care in the world. A.J. never imagined finding the love of his life dead...lifeless on the bathroom floor with a blood stained razor blade lying in her clasped hand. The image was too much for him to bear. He traced a hand over the cold, shiny, black coffin and let out a sob. She was gone...vanished without a way of return. Tears poured from A.J.'s eyes like a tropical storm...his heart ached...bleeding with misery. He had lost her forever.

Years had passed and A.J. still kept her memory in his heart. He no longer cried at night for her. His heart had healed and he was able to smile again. No longer was he sad over the loss of his love...he was relieved. A.J. came to realize that she was no longer suffering. No longer would she frown on the inside...she was smiling. A.J. never was sure which part of the afterlife did she go to...but one thing he was sure of...she wouldn't cry tonight.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9031