Priceless... by BSBSavedMyLife
Summary: This is my response to the June picture challange. I took a little bit of a different approach to this. The last picture was the actual picture to use in the challange, but I decided to add a little more flair to make it seem more creative. I hope you like it!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2072 Read: 1583 Published: 06/06/08 Updated: 06/06/08

1. Priceless by BSBSavedMyLife

Priceless by BSBSavedMyLife
Photobucket


So, here we are again…another album on the rise. I can’t believe we’ve been together for this long. Sometimes I feel like I’m getting too old for this, but here I am with the fellas on our 100 hour tour. We’ve got this kick ass plane with all our needs. I’m excited to experience this once again. I’m walking around the plane with my camera, taking random pictures as they come into play. Trust me, when you’re around these guys, the Kodak moments come in packs and I’m always the one to capture them. Hey, they don’t call me the big brother for nothing.

As I’m walking around the plane, I’m observing everyone doing their own thing. As usual, Brian and Nick were battling it out in a game of Mario Kart. I can’t stand the game myself. I’ve had enough of losing to Nick. It’s not the losing part that bothers me, it’s the after effect of Nick’s gloating and crowning himself “Nintendo King.” I don’t know how Brian can stand playing with him. I stopped questioning it a long time ago, I just let them be. Trying to figure those two out is like trying to solve a Rubik Cube…it’s nearly impossible and not worth the headache.

I took a moment to stand off to the side and took a picture of them wearing their best game faces. Both of them were so engrossed in their competition that they never even noticed the flash. I smiled and moved on toward the back of the plane. Howie was sitting next to his girlfriend, Leigh, discussing something about seals. As much as my curiosity was eating me inside, I bypassed the questions and drew my attention to A.J. He was sitting alone in a chair, listening to music. As usual, he had stayed up too late the night before and it was obvious that the fatigue was kicking in. I snapped a picture just as his head started to droop. He quickly looked up and took off his shades to glare at me.

“What the fuck, Kev?”

I chuckled and gave him a smug grin. “Sorry, I had to do it.”

“There’s more to life than pictures,” he spat.

“You guys don’t understand the importance of memories.”

“And me sleeping is a memory?”

“Sure, it is,” I said with a grin. “Life is too boring without memories.”

“And we like it that way,” Nick piped in, not looking away from his game.

I smirked and walked over to him. I pushed the button to the camera just in time for the flash to go off in his face. It was worth the waste of a picture to watch Brian scream in victory.

“Yes! In your face, Carter,” he shouted as he danced around.

“Oh, fuck no! Kevin, you ruined my winning steak!”

“It had to happen some time,” I said with a laugh.

“You guys are too wired for me,” A.J. said as he stood up. “I’m taking a nap,” he said then went into the back bedroom.

I looked back over at Nick who was still glaring at me. I couldn’t help but chuckle at his silly tantrum.

“Act your age, not your shoe size, Nicky.”

“Don’t call me that,” he said then went to an empty couch to pout.



~*~*~*~

Photobucket


I really pissed off at Kevin for ruining my game. Him and that stupid camera! I swear, one of these days I’m gonna break it. I know it seems like I’m being childish, but you gotta understand. I’m the youngest of the group and everyone else is better than me at a lot of things. Mario Kart was the one thing I was really good at. I mean, think about it: Brian has basketball, A.J. has dancing, Howie is really smart, and Kevin…well…he’s just good at everything. Being the youngest isn't the easiest thing in the world. I may look cute and the girls may love me, but they don’t understand the stress it is being around these guys. I’m in constant competition is almost every way. So, Kevin had to go and steal my glory…that’s what pissed me off, not losing.

He continued to snicker at me while laid on the couch. I glared at him and covered myself with a blanket and tried to think up of a plan to get him back. I had actually almost fallen asleep until I felt something hit my head. It didn’t hurt, but I felt it bounce off me. I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep and I felt it two more times. I got annoyed and opened my eyes to find Howie and Brian throwing Q-Tips at me.

“Ah, stop it!“ I groaned.

Brian laughed and threw another on. “Aw, poor Nicky, he cooed.

“Remind me to kill both of you later,“ I muttered.

I looked to the right of Brian and noticed Kevin coming over to me with that stupid camera. I ignored him and shut my eyes. The next thing I know, I can see the flash go off from under my eye lids. I sat up and flipped him the bird.

“Fuck you, man!” I said while barely peeking out from under the blanket.

Kevin laughed. “Smile pretty,” he said as he took another picture.

“Go to hell,” I muttered.

“Grow up, Nick.”

“You grow up, you fucking old man.”

“Ouch, yeah that hurt,” he said in sarcasm. “Seriously, Nick, get over it. It was just a stupid game.”

“It’s not just a stupid game, but I wouldn’t expect someone with your brain cells to understand that one. Why don’t you do us all a favor and jump out of this plane?” I said under my breath.

Kevin hovered over me and stared me down. If it weren’t for the fact that I knew I would’ve gotten my ass beat, I would’ve slugged him. Kevin could beat my ass any day, and he knew it. I continued to stare back at him as he locked his jaw.

“Care to say that again?”

I jumped up and gently pushed him out the way. “Man, back off. I don’t need this. I’m going to take a nap,” I said as I went to the bedroom.

“A.J. is in there,” Kevin said.

“Like I give a fuck,” I said then shut the door.

I muttered to myself as I plopped down on the bed. A.J. rolled over and looked at me. I didn’t bother saying anything to him.

“What the hell are you doing?” he asked.

“Zip it, Bone. This bed is big enough for the two of us. Besides, I’m not even under the covers, so chill.”

“Whatever,” he mumbled then rolled back over.

I let out a loud sigh and shut my eyes. It occurred to me that I was actually exhausted. I crossed my arms and relaxed a little. Before I knew it, I’d fallen asleep.


~*~*~*~

Photobucket


Photobucket


After the Q-Tip incident with Nick, things got pretty quiet on the plane. Even Kevin had sat down and chilled out for a while. I was growing a little bored and restless. My wife was back home, so I had no one to really talk to. I would’ve read a book, but I wasn’t in the mood. Kevin was lounging in a chair with a blanket. It seemed like everyone was trying to take a nap but me. I noticed Kevin’s camera sitting on a table, so I picked it up. I thought I was being sneaky by trying to take a quick picture of him, but he opened his eyes and flashed me the peace sign before I could even react. I laughed and handed him his camera.

“Darn, I thought I was going to get you good,“ I said as I sat down in the chair across from him.

“I may be old, but not that old,“ he joked.

“I should've waited until you were really snoozing.“

“No, then you would’ve gotten a beating,“ he said with a grin.

I directed my attention toward Howie, who was laying down on the couch Nick had abandoned. He was already starting to snore. I laughed to myself as I watched him. We liked to call Howie a “partial narcoleptic.” He could sleep anytime, anywhere, anyplace. Hmm, that sounds like a good line to a song. I gotta write that down. Anyway, back to Howie. I was feeling a little mischievous and got Kevin’s attention by waving at him and giving him a big, goofy grin.

“What’s with you?” he asked.

“I got a funny picture idea for you.”

“What?” he said with a twinkle in his eye.

“Just wait until I give you the signal,” I said then walked over to Howie.

I very carefully sat down on his legs and gently tilted to my left, partially lying on top of him. I pointed to Kevin and he stood up to take the picture. I thought I’d gotten away with it when all of the sudden Howie sat up and knocked me flat on my butt. The fall to the floor had nearly knocked the wind out of me. Both Kevin and Howie busted up laughing. I tried to laugh, but my tail bone ached like a mother.

“Serves you right,” Howie said while laughing. “You’re lucky I’m forgiving,” he said as he stood up. “I think I’m going to join them back there. It’s obvious no one can get any sleep up here,” he said then went into the bedroom.

I looked at Kevin and shrugged. “What is with them and that bed?” I said while rubbing my backside.

“I don’t know, but it’s funny.”

“You wanna watch a movie?” I asked.

“Sure, pop one in,” he said then went back to his chair.


~*~*~*~

After two movies with Brian, I’d grown very tired. There’s nothing worse than being jet lagged while riding on a plane. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was becoming very hard. I glanced over at Brian and he had fallen asleep on the couch. I decided that it was the perfect time to get some shut eye.

I have no idea how long I’d been asleep, but when I woke up, it was starting to grow dark outside. I sat up and looked around. The plane had grown pretty quiet. Brian was no longer on the couch, but he was nowhere to be seen. My stomach grumbled and I decided to go to the kitchen for a snack. The chef had made up some mini muffins and had them sitting on a tray. I decided to help myself to a couple of them along with a glass of milk. I sat on a stool and was enjoying my delicious pastry when one of the members of our security crew came up to me. He grinned as he took a muffin off the tray.

“What are you smiling about?” I asked.

“I just went back to the bedroom to see where everyone went. Those guys are all asleep in that bed like a bunch of rag dolls.”

I laughed and put down my milk. “So, that’s where Brian went.”

“Yup,” he said as he grabbed another muffin.

I smiled and stood up. “Excuse me,” I said as he brushed past him.

I picked up my camera and snuck back to the bedroom. I was careful to not make any noise as I opened the door. I peeked my head in and sure enough, all four guys were fast asleep, practically snoring in unison. I had to hold back my laughter. It was just a priceless sight. In my mind I was going through a Mastercard commercial as I watched them:

One full loaded camera…$150

One roll of film….$5

Being able to take a picture of four Backstreet Boys in one bed?…Priceless.


I quickly snapped the picture and left the bedroom before they could realize what happened. I couldn’t wait to put this in our memory book. Some memories were meant to be saved.

Photobucket
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9072